Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
9 users online
3 Registered
0 Hidden
6 Guests
Registered Users: BennyKep, BrettPag, Maraweild


Back to Tolmara Logs
(37) Lunauc: (yup

(37) Lunauc: (yup. that was our next destination, I believe."
** (37) Git moves through the broken mirrorway, entering the new staircase, searching along the steps for pressure plates or tripwires as he scouts up in front. **
** (45) ticattack remains at the base of the stairs, a flame hovering in his palm to provide some light. **
** (45) J'hzuu remains at the base of the stairs, a flame hovering in his palm to provide some light. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] => [5,16] = (21)
whispering to Lunauc, there seems to be little in the way of traps
** (43) Rin moves up next to J'hzuu with a sigh, idly observing Git at work. "Is it safe?" **
(37) Git: "Safe as a stairway in a creepy dungeon can be I suppose." :offers the others as he continues up:
** (42) Lellick remains slightly behind the others, watching Git as well. **
whispering to Lunauc, there is a faint sharp odor that wafts up the stairs
(37) Git: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [17,4] = (21)
** (43) Rin follows after Git, hand on the hilt of his blade. **
(51) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 22:14
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (51) Dj Gilcrease...
(38) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(35) Dj Gilcrease' from room...
(35) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 22:14
** (45) J'hzuu looks to Lellick, shrugs and follows ((If his Fly spell from the fight is still going, he'll hover just above the steps, in case of collapse)) **
(51) Dj Gilcrease: (( sorry computer rebooted ))
(38) DM: A faint sharp odor can be detected rising up the stairs
(37) Git: :slows his steps, but continues, sniffing the air as he goes: "May be acid ahead.."
(43) Rin: "Acid? Great. I just love acid."
** (51) Kha snorts **
** (42) Lellick keeps in the back as he follows along. **
** (37) Git keeps his eyes sharp for anything dripping or wet surfaces, or holes which my spurt as he goes. **
(38) DM: (just figured out the alias tab. evil DJ. heh.)
(51) Kha: (( Oh ya, forgot to mention that I changed it ))
** (43) Rin keeps climbing. **
** (51) Kha follows along quietly **
(38) DM: The stairs descend to an octagonal chamber that's dominated by a stone cistern. The well is 6' in diameter and rimmed by a 3' high stone ledge. The bottom of the cistern cannot be seen through the murky water that rises to within 6" of the lip of the retaining wall. An empty bucket and a silver ladle can be seen next to the well. The only other notable feature is a darkened exit tunnel to the south, a mere 3' high and 5' wide.

An extremely sharp acidic odor can be smelt coming from the tunnel entrance.

** (43) Rin eyes the murky water and the ladle. "Another test?" **
(37) Git: :shrugs: "Probably."
** (45) J'hzuu rubs his forehead, muttering as he scans the water, bucket and ladle. ((Detect Magic)) **
** (37) Git moves toward the exit tunnel, though hesitates from entering. curiously he inspects the hall before him by sight, trying to discern anything suscious. **
(43) Rin: "Uh.. I wouldn't touch the water. Stinks of necromancy."
whispering to ticattack, both the water in the well and the exit tunnel radiate magicka
(37) Git: "Is it water though?"
** (45) J'hzuu frowns. "Yes. The door holds magicka also." **
** (45) J'hzuu shrugs. "J'hzuu does not know what it is. It looks like water. His magicks tell him no more than he sees." **
** (43) Rin moves over towards the tunnel with Git. "Dunno. You want to taste it and find out? ..hm. How do we test for acid in the corridor?" **
** (37) Git takes one on his more dinged up old daggers and touches it to the wet floor of the hall **
(43) Rin: "...wouldn't be an ooze of some sort, would it?"
** (37) Git raises the dagger up to view t beginning to corrode. Yep.. that's acid." **
** (37) Git moves to the water bucket and dips the corroding blade in to see if the "water" diffuses the acid. **
(43) Rin: "Maybe the stuff in the well counteracts it. Though that seems way to simple. Maybe there's something in the water, and we have to drain it out to get to it?"
(37) Git: (as in plain water dilludes acid.)
(37) Git: "What did you mean when you said the water stank of necromancy?"
(43) Rin: "It's magic. Necromantic magic."
(45) J'hzuu: "J'hzuu could not sense the type, but it was magicka, yes."
(52) No Name (enter): 22:34
(43) Rin: "This would usually imply that touching the water is bad for your continued well being. Did it stop the acid?"
(43) Rin: "Well, my suggestion is that we try to find out if there's anything in the pool. In the process, we may as well dump some water on the floor of the tunnel."
(37) Git: "Rather than playing with dirty water then, it may be best if J'hzuu offered us all a ride down the hall on his floating disk."
(43) Rin: "Does the tunnel get larger past the entrance?"
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (52) Gautam...
(37) Git: "I don't know."
(38) DM: ((consider the dimensions of the tunnel))
** (43) Rin summons up some magical Dancing Lights, and sends them zipping down the tunnel a good hundred feet. **
(37) Git: (ah... tunnel's 3' high and disk floats 3' off the ground... right.. but Git wouldn't know that)
(43) Rin: (Or until they hit a solid obstruction.)
** (45) J'hzuu shakes his head and points to the roof. "It floats too high. This J'hzuu cannot control. It is part of the magicka." **
(45) J'hzuu: "Maybe you could hold onto underneath the disc, but your fingers might still be injured." He turns to Lellick. "Can Little-folk's magick regrow fingers?'
(37) Git: "Hmmm..." :chews his lip at J'zhuu's words, and rethinks: "Only other way is to use the water to dillude the acid in the tunnel. It's gonna take a damn long time though. Not to mention, we don't know what's in the magick water."
(43) Rin: "It's very strong necromancy. It could very well kill you if it contacts skin. Check the ladle and the bucket for poison, though, first."
** (37) Git examines the silver ladel and moment before scooping up some of the foul water with it and carrying it aside asking: "Scan the water in the ladle and tell me what you get." **
** (43) Rin closes his eyes and senses at the ladle water. **
(45) J'hzuu: "J'hzuu can possibly stop the magicka, but only for a short time." He looks to Rin, awaiting the other mage to scan the water.
(37) Git: "Yes.. but I'd rather not have your spell wink out just as we're crawling through an evil water strewn passage."
(38) DM: The dancing lights are absorbed by the darkness within the tunnel.
** (45) J'hzuu frowns, but nods. "Can Little-folk's magicks not call pure water?" **
(43) Rin: "Okay, it's not magic outside the well.
(43) Rin: "This might further reinforce my theory that there's something in the well that will help us."
(42) Lellick: "They can, yes...."
(37) Git: "I think it's the ladle. It purifies the water."
(43) Rin: "Maybe because it's silver."
(37) Git: "The silver's what gave me the idea. Though I think it's more the magick then the material."
** (42) Lellick considers for a moment. "If this water were simply poisoned, I could purify a great deal of it." **
(43) Rin: "I don't think it's poisoned. More like cursed. Try filling the bucket and see where that gets us."
(37) Git: "Bigger question is, what's waiting for us through that darkness?"
(45) J'hzuu: "Something hungry and big."
(37) Git: :sighs to J'hzuu's comment: "Is that stating fact or ominous opinion? Please, say opinion."
(43) Rin: "...you know, I was thinking. What if 'Merciful' doesn't mean what it seems? What if he was merciful.. in that he granted all his enemies a swift death, instead of torturing them profusely?"
(42) Lellick: "... that.... is possible.."
(37) Git: :to Rin: "I already have that misgiving in my head. Don't reinforce it.
(43) Rin: "I apologize. I just thought forwarned and forarmed was better. I know I'm not one for surprises."
** (43) Rin holds out his hand for the ladle. **
(45) J'hzuu: "Opinion" J'hzuu concedes. "But likely fact, from past experience"
(37) Git: "J'hzuu.. can you remove the darkness?"
(42) Lellick: "The spell I have to create water is one I must pray for. I can create a great deal of it, however, it may be a problem finding a container for it all."
** (45) J'hzuu shakes his head. "J'hzuu's magic only halts magickal items, not the effects themselves." **
(37) Git: "Right."
** (43) Rin considers, then offers J'hzuu his everburning torch. "This is magically lit; maybe it can dispel the darkness." **
(43) Rin: "The ladle isn't magical, by the by."
(37) Git: "Good then it is just the well."
** (37) Git moves to the tunnel, crouching down and listening for movement down the way **
** (43) Rin takes the ladle, and begins to carefully fill the bucket. **
** (43) Rin peers at the water, to see if he can see anything in it, when the bucket is mostly full. **
** (45) J'hzuu takes the torch, examines it. "Maybe. It would depend what manner of darkness that darkness is, J'hzuu thinks." **
(43) Rin: "Worth a try, anyway. Nothing is solved by just standing around and guessing at possibilities."
** (43) Rin pulls out a ration, and a coil of rope. He quickly works to tie the ration to the rope, before carefully lowering it into the water, trying to get an idea of the depth. **
(38) DM: Within the bucket, the water loses none of its murky quality.
** (43) Rin cuts the end off the rope, not really wanting to keep what's been in the water. "Hm. Well, it's very deep." **
** (43) Rin takes the bucket over to the tunnel, and splashes a little into the corridor. **
(37) Git: (connection check)
(42) Lellick: (Here)
** (43) Rin splashes the rest of the water in the bucket onto the tunnel floor, when nothing immediately explodes with the first test. **
(37) Git: :as Rin dumps out the bucket: "I wonder.... you said the ladle wasn't magicked... but... what about the bucket? Is that considered part of the evil well?"
(43) Rin: "I don't believe the bucket is magic."
** (43) Rin nods to J'hzuu. "Try sticking the everburning torch in the tunnel entrance." **
(38) DM: The sharp odor doesn't dissipate.
(38) DM: (or weaken)
** (45) J'hzuu adjusts his grip on the torch and slowly moves to the darkness, careful to avoid any acid, and pushes the flame into the void. **
(37) Git: "Are you sure it's not magick?"
(43) Rin: "Pretty sure. The tunnel's magic, though."
(52) Agatha: "Are ya sure the water isn't just diseased? It's been sitting here a while after all."
(38) DM: There's a faint lightening effect, as if the darkness within the tunnel lessens -- albeit barely noticeably. Nothing much happens though.
(43) Rin: "It could be that, too. But there's an aura of necromancy on it. You're welcome to drink it, if you want."
** (43) Rin starts ladling more water into the bucket. "Well does anyone have an idea?" He stops, then peers at the tunnel, briefly. "Oh, hah. It's not one spell in there, it's.. hundreds, probably." **
(43) Rin: "If the torch can dispel one, it might be able to get them all.. but probably only as we're going through the tunnel."
** (37) Git groans as he stands to pace a bit. Stopping to stare at the ladle in thought a moment, he takes it, scoops up some water, and makes sure the necromantic murkiness leaves it, before trying to take a swig.: **
** (43) Rin watches Git, with a mixture of curiousity and horror. **
** (52) Agatha grimly studies Git's reaction and hopes that Lellick is prepared to help **
(38) DM: He SEEMS perfectly normal.
** (37) Git waits a moment to see if anything happens, then just shrugs. "Welll... I needed a drink." **
** (42) Lellick stares at Git. "...you're insane." **
** (45) J'hzuu simply nods in agreement. **
(43) Rin: "..if parasites start burrowing forcefully from your flesh, later, don't look to me for help."
(37) Git: "What? He said it didn't have any magick to it when I used the ladle."
** (43) Rin takes the bucket, and splashes more water into the tunnel. **
(43) Rin: "That doesn't mean it was fresh water. It's probably a standing pool that's been here a long time."
(37) Git: "I doubt any parasites could survive the necromancy though. And if the magick is taken away once you pull the water from the well.. reason stands, it should be fine."
(43) Rin: "Well, I could light the acid on fire for you, but besides that I'm pretty much tapped."
(38) DM: The water in the well starts burbling violently...
** (43) Rin backs up, swiftly. **
(37) Git: :glances to the well: "That doesn't sound good."
(43) Rin: "Heh.. J'hzuu, maybe you should carefully fly down the tunnel with the torch."
** (42) Lellick blinks, and backs away as well, eyes wide. **
(38) DM: A LARGE gray-white chitinous pincer explodes out of the surface of the water, snapping viciously. It plunges back down as suddenly as it came.
** (43) Rin draws his sword. **
(43) Rin: "...that... ...that... ...was that a giant crab?"
(37) Git: "No."
(37) Git: "It was just a claw."
(52) Agatha: "It was a giant something alright!"
(43) Rin: "...is it coming back?"
(37) Git: "Maybe.:
(43) Rin: "Maybe we should hurry and figure out how to get through this tunnel before it does."
** (52) Agatha looks to the spellcasters of the group. "Do you suppose that's where that magic aura is coming from?" **
(43) Rin: "....maybe. Probably not."
(45) J'hzuu: "Possibly, but if it is necromancy, that would make that... thing undead." He nods slowly. "J'hzuu wil try flying through.
(37) Git: :to J'hzuu: "Are you sure? If you prefer, you can cast the flying spell on me and I'll go ahead."
(37) Git: "Hmm... or on Kha."
(38) DM: The surface of the water bubbles and froths once more, then a hulking form covered in gray-white chitin bursts out of the cistern. It hauls itself with amazing speed and lands on the floor, spraying black water in all directions. It reminds you of a lobster, except this creature stands about 9' tall, sports two viciously serrated pincers that look like they could snap a man in two and has eyes that glow red in the light of the room. (init)
** (45) J'hzuu shakes his head. "No. J'hzuu will g-ah!" **
(45) J'hzuu: (([1d20+3] => [5,3] = (8)))
(37) Git: Init: [1d20+4] => [14,4] = (18)
(52) Agatha: init: [1d20+3] => [6,3] = (9)
(43) Rin: Init: [1d20+1] => [20,1] = (21)
(42) Lellick: [1d20+3] => [7,3] = (10)
** (52) Agatha hefts her axe as she adjusts her stance. "I guess we'll find out for sure" **
(51) Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] => [14,7] = (21)
(43) Rin: (...how tall and wide is it?)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] => [14,5] = (19)
(38) DM: (hill giant sized)
(38) DM: (21, Kha)
(43) Rin: (So it won't fit in the tunnel?)
(38) DM: (correct)
** (51) Kha looks at the creature and steps up to see how well his spear works against it **
(51) Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+15] => [12,15] = (27) ===> Damage: [2d12+4] => [6,8,4] = (18)
(51) Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+10] => [12,10] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d12+4] => [2,5,4] = (11)
(38) DM: (one hit)
(38) DM: It doesn't seem to be affected overmuch by your attack, although the point of your spear manages to penetrate its chitinous shell, lancing away green-black flesh.
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, how much of the damage is fire?
(38) DM: (21, Rin)
** (43) Rin gestures at the creature with a quick-mumbled word, in order to test whether or not it's Undead. A beam of pure white light erupts from his finger, stabbing out at the monster. (Disrupt Undead; Ranged Touch Attack: [1d20+11] => [6,11] = (17) Damage: [1d6] => [3] = (3)) **
(38) DM: No effect.
(38) DM: (19, the creature)
(38) DM: (being that the room is essentially a 30' octagon, I'm not using a mini here)
(38) DM: (but I do need to know positions of the PCs)
** (43) Rin is over by the stairs. **
** (42) Lellick has his back against the SE wall. **
** (45) J'hzuu is over towards the darkness. **
(45) J'hzuu: ((So the party will be between him and the evil lobster of doom))
(51) Kha: (( Kha was on the stairs and went to the lobster thing ))
(37) Git: (hmmmm was near the well... though that would mean the thing landed on me, so... guess he backed up toward the stairs)
** (52) Agatha is back near the stairs as well. She looks about ready to charge in. **
(38) DM: The creature takes a step forward (more of a lunge really) and lays into Rin.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] => [4,10] = (14),[1d20+10] => [8,10] = (18),[1d20+8] => [14,8] = (22)
(38) DM: It snaps at his neck, snaps at his sword arm and tries to bite off a chunk of his face...and misses.
(38) DM: (18, Git)
** (37) Git turns quick on his heel, beginning to circle around the creature in a display of spins and dodges to arrive at a point at his side, to flank the beast with kha(tumble to avoid aoo). Along the travel, he pulls the bastard sword from his back and releases it to the air. And as he comes to a stop he draws twin daggers and stabs forth as the sword swings down from above **
(37) Git: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [6,11] = (17)
(37) Git: (sneak dmg?)
(37) Git: (yes? no?)
(37) Git: (am I still connected?)
(42) Lellick: (I'm seeing you just fine)
(38) DM: (17 is a miss)
(37) Git: (it's not an attack, that's my tumble roll)
(38) DM: (you asked sneak dmg)
(38) DM: (never mind)
(37) Git: (I was asking if this thing takes sneak dmg, before I rolled, since it's incorporated in my macro
(38) DM: (yes it does)
(37) Git: Ceremonial Dagger(sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+12] => [6,12] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d4+1+3d6+0] => [3,1,1,3,4,0] = (12)
(37) Git: Ceremonial Dagger(sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+12] => [10,12] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d4+1+3d6+0] => [3,1,6,5,1,0] = (16)
(37) Git: Dancing +3 Bastardsword(Sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+10] => [6,10] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d10+3+3d6+0] => [1,3,2,1,1,0] = (8)
(38) DM: (and all 3 miss)
(38) DM: (10, Lel)
** (42) Lellick grips his holy symbol and holds it high, pointing at the creature with his other palm. "Tevesh, shine your light down upon this creature!" As he finishes the words of the spell, a beam of bright, blue-white light shoots out of his palm towards it. **
(42) Lellick: (Casting Searing Light, rolling to hit now)
(42) Lellick: [1d20+11] => [10,11] = (21)
(38) DM: (ranged touch?)
(52) Agatha: ((yup))
(42) Lellick: (Yeah)
** (52) Agatha found the F7 macro key **
(38) DM: (k.) The light sears into the creature, causing it to bellow in rage as it turns its sights on Lellick. The effects of the spell cause the spot where it struck the creature's chitin to ripple and crack, as if a pebble striking a placid pool of water, then rapidly blackens in places.
(52) Agatha: ((oops. beware of falling objects))
(42) Lellick: (Roll for damage?)
(38) DM: (9, Ag)
(38) DM: (of course)
(52) Agatha: ((in case you missed it, 33 attack, 20 dmg. Did I get its attention?))
(57) DM: (can't remember what number we were up to)
(57) DM: (yes)
(52) Agatha: ((9. Aggy turn and she attacked.
(57) DM: (8, J'hz)
(52) Agatha: ((brb. afk))
** (45) J'hzuu lets out a garbled slurry of words and thrusts his arm out. His claws shine as they extend from his fingers, then launch five claw-shaped shards of force that slam into the monster. ((Magic Missile, [5d4+5] => [1,3,3,1,4,5] = (17) damage)) **
(57) DM: The creature shakes off the spell like a slick of oil in a pool of water. No visible effect.
(57) DM: (21, Kha)
** (45) J'hzuu hisses in annoyance and confusion. **
** (51) Kha looks at his spear windering why the wound cause healed up right away, then decides to just touch the thing with the tip of his spear (( Lightning Weave [5d10] => [10,7,6,9,9] = (41) Damage )) **
(51) Kha: (( AFK for a smoke, if it gets to my turn again I'll delay ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] => [17,10] = (27)
(58) DM: It dies.
(58) DM: (Kha attacked it with lightning)
(58) DM: test
(51) Kha: (( here ya ))
(52) Agatha: ((loud and clear))
(45) J'hzuu: ((tested))
(51) Kha: (( or read ya as the case may be ))
(43) Rin: "...I wonder if there are more. J'hzuu, you may want to get started on exploring that tunnel."
** (51) Kha goes over the corpse to see if there are any lose bits of chiten that are large enough to make a Buckler out of (( Wilderness Lore Check: [1d20+9] => [7,9] = (16) )) **
** (52) Agatha watches Kha as he works. "What the hell was that thing?" **
** (43) Rin moves cautiously closer to the well. "I'm not sure I want to know." **
** (42) Lellick murmurs, "Can any more of those even fit in there...?" **
(43) Rin: "It's really deep. It could open into an entire underwater cavern complex."
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, it's definitely not natural chitin
(43) Rin: "There could be dozens, or hundreds more."
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, possibly, if you had the time to skin this creature
(42) Lellick: "...oh, gods."
(43) Rin: "We need to figure out a way through the tunnel."
** (43) Rin prods at the water with his sword, to make sure there's not another one lurking below the surface. **
(58) DM: There seems to be no visible reaction beneath the murky water.
** (43) Rin backs up about ten feet; hopefully out of range should any grasping claws come poking out of the well again. **
(52) Agatha: "Aye, and somewhere in the darkness we could go through a magic portal and be trapped forever in some godforsaken realm. There's no use worryin' about the unknown, you'll just scare yourself stiff."
(43) Rin: "Better to exercise caution, however."
** (52) Agatha turns her head away and tries not to think about what could be happening to Linze." **
(52) Agatha: "Of course, but only where caution is warranted."
(43) Rin: "Considering it happened once already, I think in this case that caution is warranted."
** (45) J'hzuu takes the feather out and begins preparing to enter the darkness. ((Casting Fly and Greater Invisibility, then moving slowly through the darkness, with the everburing torch.)) **
(58) DM: (ceiling height is 3' and width is 5'...)
** (42) Lellick moves to the entrance of the tunnel to watch J'hzuu, worriedly. **
(45) J'hzuu: ((Staying in the middle, moving horizontally))
(45) J'hzuu: ((Laying down, almost))
whispering to ticattack, the floor of the tunnel is depressed 1' beneath the floor of room 8
** (51) Kha takes out his longtooth dagger and starts skinning the creature while the others figure out the tunnle **
(58) DM: As J'hzuu travels down the corridor, the darkness eventually fades away.
** (43) Rin is glad that he was right about that. **
** (43) Rin slowly sheathes his sword, then grabs up the bucket and starts ladling it full, now that they can see. **
** (43) Rin carries the bucket over, to pour water on the floor of the tunnel. **
(58) DM: One thing that you notice is that as Rin takes water from the well, the level of the water within the well doesn't lower...
** (45) J'hzuu returns, his disembodied voice appearing from nowhere. "There is a bigger room. A statue." **
(43) Rin: "The acid goes the whole way?"
(52) Agatha: "How far is it?"
(45) J'hzuu: "Sixty feet, about? Then the room."
** (43) Rin pulls out a spare (normal) torch, and pokes at the floor where he's been pouring water, to see if the acid has been washed away or is at least less potent. **
(58) DM: (less potent)
(45) J'hzuu: "The acid remains, J'hzuu thinks, but the floor is lower. His disc might work, perhaps, if all lie flat, or hung on to the bottom."
(43) Rin: "It could take us hours to go through this with the bucket."
(37) Git: "I'd rather spend hours on bucket patrol then have my skin burned off."
(43) Rin: "Unless the lobster monsters come back and kill us while we're messing around with the bucket. If you didn't notice, the water level in the well hasn't dropped at all."
(37) Git: "And I doubt it will anytime soon either"
** (45) J'hzuu takes a small vial of mercury from his spellpouch and pours a drop onto his tongue. He swishes it around, then exhales, a silvery mist coalescing into a shimmering disc. "All's decision, yes? But J'hzuu does not want to fight another..." He gestures at the well. "thing". **
** (43) Rin ponders. "We should go back down stairs. Maybe we can get that water spewing thing out of the globe." **
(52) Agatha: "No, we'll go with J'hzuu's idea. It's the fastest way across."
(37) Git: (I thought we came from upstairs)
(43) Rin: (Upstairs, downstairs, whatever. There's stairs involved, that's all that matters.)
(45) J'hzuu: "It will float maybe one foot from the top, and maybe three from the floor, yes? J'hzuu thinks holding on to bottom would be best - maybe tied on?"
(51) Kha: (( isnt the hall only 3ft high and 5 wide? ))
(45) J'hzuu: ((The floor deepens a little in, to 4 foot high))
(58) DM: ((Yes))
(45) J'hzuu: ((How far in, exactly, Stan?))
(58) DM: ((the corridor is 3' high, 5' wide and proceeds for 60', the floor of area 9 is 1' below the level of area 8))
(43) Rin: (So it's just lower, not actually deeper?)
(45) J'hzuu: ((AFK a tick. J'hzuu will fly through, carrying the other/s on the disk that follows.))
(58) DM: (yes)
(45) J'hzuu: ((Oh... so it's still only 3' high?))
(58) DM: ((4' high if you want to be technical, but 3' high from where you're standing))
(58) DM: (I really don't understand why this is difficult to comprehend)
(58) DM: (cross section of area 9. first x, the corridor is 3' high. second x, the corridor is 4' high. where you're standing, the ceiling height is 3' high.)
** (45) J'hzuu takes the rope that he uses for his Rope Trick spell and loops it around the disc. "Volunteer to go first?" **
** (43) Rin slowly raises his hand. **
** (45) J'hzuu also fills the slightly concave top of the disc with water, as added protection against any stray drips or bumps. **
** (45) J'hzuu gestures for Aggie to help him tie Rin to the underside of the disc, then begins moving slowly through the tunnel, keeping an eye on his companion behind him as he floats backwards. **
** (43) Rin pulls out his last two water skins, leaving one on the floor, and - after wrapping his bedroll around himself like a blanket, douses himself with the contents of the other. He lets someone tie him to the disc. **
** (51) Kha continues skining the creature ignoring everything thats going on around him **
(52) Agatha: "I'll pull up the rear. My chain should protect me from the acid, so I can fish someone out if it comes to it. That's assumin' there's still something to save by then, of course."
** (43) Rin clings to the disc, and tries to think "thin". **
** (52) Agatha goes silent at the grim possibility. **
(58) DM: (how many people fit on the disk?)
(43) Rin: (Just one at a time.)
(58) DM: (ok)
** (43) Rin makes it across.. okay? **
(58) DM: (yes)
** (43) Rin unwraps his bedroll, wrings it out, then jams it back in his pack with a satisfied sigh. **
(43) Rin: "Get the others. I'll be here if you need help."
** (45) J'hzuu heads back through, picking up whoever's next. (Probably Git or Kha.) **
** (37) Git volunteers to take the next trip **
** (43) Rin fumbles in his pack for his shield, quickly strapping it to his off hand. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20-1] => [17,-1] = (16)
** (43) Rin yells back down the tunnel: "Trouble!" **
** (45) J'hzuu returns through with Git strapped onto the disc, then returns for the next/ **
(45) J'hzuu: ((Scratch the returning then))
(58) DM: (16, the statue)
(37) Git: "What kind of trouble?
(43) Rin: "The Giant Animated Statue kind."
(58) DM: The statue opens its eyes, animates and turns towards Rin, moving slowly but steadily towards him. It raises its hands as if hammers.
** (43) Rin cringes. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+19] => [18,19] = (37)
(58) DM: (AC 30)
(43) Rin: (That's a hit.)
(58) DM: It reaches over to Rin and slams its fist into his side. You could hear a rib break.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d10+5] => [1,9,5] = (15)
(58) DM: (15 damage)
(52) Agatha: "Gods damn.."
(58) DM: (3, Rin)
** (52) Agatha throws off her pack and bedroll. "Humility before the djann!" **
(58) DM: (Git and J'hz, init)
** (43) Rin coughs up some blood, but he's quick to whip out his sword and strike back at the monster, the blade crackling with eldritch energy. (Arcane Strike - 2nd Level. Attack Roll: [1d20+15] => [9,15] = (24)) **
(45) J'hzuu: (([1d20+3] => [11,3] = (14)))
(37) Git: init:[1d20+4] => [4,4] = (8)
(58) DM: (er, Ag is there?)
(52) Agatha: init: [1d20+3] => [6,3] = (9)
(58) DM: (if only 1 person can fit on the disc, how is Agatha there?)
(52) Agatha: ((when did the statue activate after Rin and J'hzuu arrived, or did everyone else make it there?))
(45) J'hzuu: ((Not to my knowledge?))
(43) Rin: (When Rin got there.)
(58) DM: (it activated when Rin arrived)
(43) Rin: (J'hzuu and Git are on the way back.)
(51) Kha: (( she used imunity to acid from her armor I think and walked or crawled though ))
(45) J'hzuu: (Oh... So J'hzuu couldf have grabbed Agatha instead?))
(58) DM: (that's noit what happened though...)
(43) Rin: (I missed, didn't I?)
(52) Agatha: ((I'm swimming across. Just shouted the command word for my armor. Immunity against acid.))
(58) DM: (I'm calling a time out)
(45) J'hzuu: ((Ok, and J'hzuu grabbed Git. 'cause, if Rin had called "trouble" before he was through with Git, he'd have grabbed Aggie, no? But either way.))
(37) Git: (so.... I'm riding the disk through the tunnel, while Aggy is planning to activate her armor and crawl through)
(58) DM: ok, I see where Agatha enters the corridor (though the player doesn't explicitly mention it)
(52) Agatha: ((I apologize for being unclear))
(43) Rin: (It'll probably take 2-4 rounds for them to arrive.)
(58) DM: sequence of events is J'hz and Rin get to room 10, Agatha comes in, J'hz leaves, the statue activates
(58) DM: therefore Agatha should roll init
(52) Agatha: ((3 rounds for me moving at half-speed (20ft)
(58) DM: the statue takes 2 rounds to reach Rin and J'hz then enters melee
(45) J'hzuu: ((Aaand... where's Git?))
(58) DM: I'm not sure how fast your disk moves
(37) Git: (riding under a floating disk)
(45) J'hzuu: Same speed as J'hzuu.
(45) J'hzuu: 30 ft.
(43) Rin: (Okay, Rin is with the statue. Agatha is in the tunnel, it'll take her three rounds to reach the other side; J'hzuu is dragging Git along on the disk behind her.)
(58) DM: well, it takes time to strap a PC onto the disk
(58) DM: I'm just calculating time here
(52) Agatha: ((Actually, I'm coming in as a response to Rin's cry for help. Perhaps I rolled init prematurely))
(52) Agatha: ((right
(58) DM: this is important folks
(37) Git: (hmm... ok.. in the process of strapping myself to a disk then)
(45) J'hzuu: Yep. How long to strap a folk on? One round? Two?
(58) DM: so it'll take about 2 rounds of combat before J'hz and Git get to room 10
(45) J'hzuu: Round 1: Rin is deposited.
(45) J'hzuu: Round 2: J'hzuu's first round going back through the tunnel. The statue activates?
(58) DM: no
(58) DM: Rin is deposited
(58) DM: Agatha enters
(58) DM: 1: J'hz in tunnel
(58) DM: 2: J'hz in tunnel
(45) J'hzuu: Agatha started coming through as a response to Rin's cry for help, correct?
(58) DM: 3: Git straps on
(58) DM: on 3, combat ensues
(58) DM: no
(58) DM: listen please
(51) Kha: (( Kha just continues skilling or deshelling the lobster thing ))
(58) DM: if your disk moves 30' a round, then it takes 2 rounds to cross the tunnel
(58) DM: correct me if I'm wrong
(45) J'hzuu: Disc moves 30 ft.
(43) Rin: You're right.
(45) J'hzuu: Assuming we don't have to move slowly.
(58) DM: so it takes the statue 2 rounds to get to where Rin and Ag are
(58) DM: so combat begins on 3
(43) Rin: I think the problem is that Agatha didn't cross with Rin, as far as I know. When she said she'd take up the rear, I believe she meant that she'd go last across with the disk. Correct me if I'm wrong.
(58) DM: which means it'll be the 4th round of combat (if there is a 4th round) by the time Git and J'hz get to the room
(37) Git: sounds about right
(58) DM: (ok, Ag, roll init please. ignore the init rolls for Git and J'hz)
(45) J'hzuu: Ok. I'll go with that.
(43) Rin: So the first round of combat should see Git getting strapped to the disk and Agatha entering the corridor in response of Rin's notification of trouble (it wasn't a cry for help =P).
(58) DM: (well no)
(58) DM: I'm just going to assume that Ag accompanied the disk
(58) DM: and leave it at that
(43) Rin: (..so.. did I miss? I got a 24.)
(58) DM: (24 is a hit in fact)
(43) Rin: Damage: [1d8+4] => [6,4] = (10)
(58) DM: (Agatha? init? you went this round)
(52) Agatha: init: [1d20+3] => [15,3] = (18)
(51) Kha: (( AFK for a smoke since Kha isnt going to get involved with the combat ))
(58) DM: (going to attack?)
** (52) Agatha draws Bar'eth-el as she climbs out of the tunnel, acid sliding offand steaming as though it didn't touch her. She lays into the statue without hesitation. **
(52) Agatha: ((combat expertise +2 AC, -2 attack))
(52) Agatha: Attack: [1d20+12] => [19,12] = (31)
(52) Agatha: dmg: [1d12+6+1+2] => [7,6,1,2] = (16)
(58) DM: Streaks of rose quartz are revealed underneath, as if the statue is "bleeding".
(52) Agatha: "Damn it all, why do they always pick the worst times?"
(43) Rin: "If they picked the best times, wouldn't be much of a challenge."
(58) DM: (18, Ag. This is round 2. J'hz is in the corridor just reaching area 8.)
** (52) Agatha keeps up the pressure, trying to buy time and keep the statue off of Rin. **
(58) DM: (I mean, J'hz is in the corridor, with Git in tow on the shield.)
(52) Agatha: ((full attack. combat expertise again. +2 AC, -2 attack))
** (37) Git triumphantly bellyrides into danger! **
(52) Agatha: 1st attack: [1d20+12] => [7,12] = (19)
(58) DM: (miss)
(52) Agatha: 2nd attack: [1d20+7] => [17,7] = (24)
(52) Agatha: dmg: [1d12+6+1+2] => [9,6,1,2] = (18)
(52) Agatha: ((done))
(52) Agatha: "Keep back and use a bow if you got one!"
(58) DM: (16, the statue)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] => [9,12] = (21)
(58) DM: It attempts to crush Rin into a pulp but misses.
(58) DM: (3, Rin)
** (43) Rin has a bow, but he's not some fragile flower, nor is he willing to waste the time it'd take to get it out and ready. "Takes too long," he announces, before sacrificing more of his magical energy to sheathe his blade in sparks of arcane might. He lays into the statue with a quick double strike. (Arcane Strike - 3rd Level. Attack One: [1d20+16] => [2,16] = (18) Attack Two: [1d20+11] => [17,11] = (28)) **
(58) DM: (one hit)
(43) Rin: (Second hit was a possible crit. Confirmation Roll: [1d20+11] => [4,11] = (15))
(43) Rin: Damage: [1d8+4+3d4] => [5,4,4,4,4] = (21)
(58) DM: (18, Ag. This is round 3, J'hz and Git are in the corridor, approaching the golem room.)
** (52) Agatha maintains the assault. "Hmph. Suit yourself." **
(52) Agatha: ((full attack. combat expertise again. +2 AC, -2 attack))
(52) Agatha: 1st attack: [1d20+12] => [15,12] = (27)
(52) Agatha: dmg: [1d12+6+1+2] => [6,6,1,2] = (15)
(52) Agatha: 2nd attack: [1d20+7] => [3,7] = (10)
(52) Agatha: ((done))
(58) DM: (16, the creature)
(58) DM: It spreads its hands slowly, as a shimmering field of light envelops it. (Ag and Rin, Will save.)
(58) DM: (the save is Con based)
(43) Rin: (..I think that means the creature's con affects the DC.)
(43) Rin: [1d20+7] => [4,7] = (11)
(52) Agatha: (oookay..)
(58) DM: (it doesn't)
(52) Agatha: Will save: [1d20+9] => [9,9] = (18)
(58) DM: (Ag is not affected. Rin is slowed as per the spell.)
(58) DM: (3, Rin)
** (43) Rin Rin slowly brings his sword around to strike at the walking statue. (Attack: [1d20+12] => [5,12] = (17)) **
(58) DM: (miss)
(58) DM: (Git and J'hz, roll init for this round as you're just reaching area 10)
(45) J'hzuu: (([1d20+3] => [19,3] = (22)))
(37) Git: init:[1d20+4] => [10,4] = (14)
(58) DM: (22, J'hz)
** (52) Agatha is unsure what the light did to Rin, but continues to fight unhindered, hoping the others will show up soon. **
(58) DM: (facing an 8' tall animated stone statue.)
(52) Agatha: ((same thing as last two rounds. full atk, ce for 2))
(45) J'hzuu: ((How high's the roof in here?))
(52) Agatha: ((oh sorry))
(58) DM: (20')
** (45) J'hzuu leaps the air, stopping a few inches from the roof. He gesticulates, mutters and hisses, and a barrage of missiles bursts from his claws. ((Magic Missile, [5d4+5] => [2,4,2,2,3,5] = (18))) **
(51) Kha: (( I am gona goto sleep, and hope I dont wake up at 4 am again ))
(51) Kha: Disconnecting from server...
(51) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 02:53
(58) DM: The golem is unaffected.
(58) DM: (18, Ag)
(52) Agatha: ((same thing as last two rounds. full atk, ce for 2))
(52) Agatha: 1st atk: [1d20+12] => [20,12] = (32)
(52) Agatha: ((this is a construct, so no crit))
(52) Agatha: dmg: [1d12+6+1+2] => [12,6,1,2] = (21)
(52) Agatha: 2nd atk: [1d20+7] => [2,7] = (9)
(58) DM: It's moving noticeably slower now.
(58) DM: The creature seems to ignore Agatha's blows on it, still attacking Rin.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] => [7,12] = (19)
(58) DM: (and misses)
(58) DM: (14, Git)
(43) Rin: (His AC is 25 from the slow, if that makes a difference.)
** (37) Git lets go of the rope ends in his hands and drops to the acid free ground. As the rope loop which held his legs up loosens, he rolls aside quickly, and once out from under the disk, he scissors his legs quickly to flip himself over to a squatting position as he draws the sword from his back. He rushes in the with a down cutting introduction. **
(37) Git: Dancing +3 Bastardsword Attack Roll: [1d20+10] => [17,10] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d10+3+0] => [1,3,0] = (4)
(58) DM: It ceases moving.
(58) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop. take note of where you are for next session. and Kha is still skinning that creature's corpse.)

 


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms