Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
8 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
6 Guests
Registered Users: DavidBlocA, Mysakweild


Back to Tolmara Logs


Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
whispering to rockman18, I'm making you a lurker only because you don't have a PC
Attempting to assign the role of LURKER to (537) rockman18...
(544) ticattack: I play that.
(537) rockman18: I am going to be reading tonight while I am lurking too, get me closer to being done
(506) DM: ((who needs a recap?))
(494) Dj Gilcrease: (( me ))
(542) Lunauc: (Please)
(544) ticattack: ((Aye.))
(506) DM: ((you explored the first level of this tomb, defeated a smoke para elemental, negotiated a maze, crossed a pit, entered a corridor with an extremely low ceiling and Agatha died by destroying a bag of holding used as a trap))
(506) DM: ((the party had met an Aspect of Fate prior to entering the corridor and drawn cards that may or may not help them in investigating this tomb. Rin used his card to rescue Agatha from impending doom.))
(525) Rin: (And then she went crazy.)
(542) Git: o.0
(506) DM: ((in your conversation with the Aspect, you found out that this tomb belonged to a wizard named Zathis, otherwise known as the Merciful. Zathis wished that all who found his tomb would be worthy, both to win through his guardians and to win his treasure. The Aspect hinted that more information would be forthcoming about Zathis at a later date.))
(494) Kha: (( Kha looks for his card then remembers he was in PC limbo last week =P ))
(506) DM: (522) DM: As soon as Agatha pokes a hole in the cloth, it ruptures immediately and a rift opens in the air. A howling wind emerges from beyond that drowns out all conversation and threatens to suck her inside.
(525) Rin: "Link hands, quick!"
** (521) Agatha shouts as the rift sucks her words into the nothingness. **
(521) Agatha: "Yaaaaaaahhh!!"
(522) DM: Her hands are slipping as the wind gradually yanks her into the rift...
** (521) Agatha reaches out for Lellick's arm. **
(525) Rin: (...what happened to my sword?)
(522) DM: (It's lost inside the rift.)
** (521) Agatha struggles to use her axe for leverage. **
** (525) Rin tries to climb over everyone to go after it. **
(522) DM: (well that's impossible, given that the ceiling is barely 5' high)
(522) DM: The wind yanks Agatha through the rift, and the rift closes with a bang. Of the burlap, there is no sign. Neither is Agatha.
** (525) Rin just kind of stares. **
(521) Agatha: "AAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee!"
** (525) Rin mutters, a bit weakly: "..my sword." **
** (523) J'hzuu 's eyes widen in surprise, then fear. He stands motionless, frozen to the spot. **
** (519) Lellick 's hand closes around nothing but air as Agatha is sucked in, leaving him leaning so far he stumbles forward a step. **
** (521) Agatha notices Rin letting go before blackness envelops her. **
(522) DM: (the passage is 5' wide x 40' deep and barely a 5' high ceiling. can't really climb over each other.)
(519) Lellick: "Where.. where did that thing take her?!"
(525) Rin: "I don't know. Get out of the passage."
** (519) Lellick looks at Rin with faint surprise, then moves forward and into the next room to get out of the way. **
(523) J'hzuu: "But..." The khajiit blinks, then follows after Lellick.
** (525) Rin follows the others out into the next room. "But what? We can't do anything squatting in a little tunnel." **
(522) DM: The passage leads to a circular chamber, with a flight of spiral stairs leading down.
(522) DM: Aside from the staircase, this chamber is bare.
** (525) Rin struggles not to look upset at he is, as he stows his shield and strings his bow. **
(525) Rin: *as he is
** (519) Lellick peers walks around the room, disappointed to not find anything of notice. "Well. Should we continue on?" **
(519) Lellick: (er.. take out 'peers' there)
** (525) Rin tests the draw, before shouldering his pack and nodding towards the stairs. "Let's go." He takes point, creeping cautiously down the steps. **
(522) Voice: "....Use this magicka wisely, use it well..."
(522) DM: The crone's voice seems to echo from afar.
** (525) Rin peers around, with an irritated frown. There's a sigh, and he digs around in his pocket for the Fate card. He peers at it, flips it over to peer at the back, then gives it a little shake. "Magical card, I choose you?" **
(589) blah (exit):
01:14
** (523) J'hzuu opens his mouth, then turns to Lellick. "Unshackling death?" he says. He takes his own card. "Ifluence..." He frowns and shakes his head. **
(519) Lellick: "..We have no proof that she is dead..."
** (525) Rin peers at the card, eyes narrowing, then he abruptly takes a seat on the step he'd been standing on. **
(523) J'hzuu: "No... but if the cards are to be used to get through this place safely..." He shrugs. "J'hzuu's makles little sense here. Who should he influence? It could be Agatha's, he supposes." He sighs.
** (525) Rin taps the card against his forehead, looking thoughtful. "Give me a second." **
(591) Balin (enter):
01:21
(525) Rin: "I wish for Agatha to appear whole and healthy at the top of these stairs, holding my sword."
(522) DM: The card disappears from your hands, and Agatha reappears in front of you, holding your sword.
** (525) Rin cheers, inwardly. **
(522) DM: She's unconscious however.
(523) J'hzuu: ((Is she whoole and healthy?s))
** (521) Agatha blinks, confused. "What..What happened?" **
(522) DM: ((yes, so it seems))
** (525) Rin watches her until he's certain she's alive. **
(591) Balin (exit):
01:28
** (519) Lellick moves forward, holding the back of his hand about an inch from her nose. "..She seems to be fine." **
** (525) Rin leans against the wall and closes his eyes. "Well that's good." **
(521) Agatha: "What's going on? I poked that drumskin or whatever it was and then..."
(525) Rin: "..remind me to thank that lady the next time we see her."
(525) Rin: "You got sucked into a rift. And then I wished you out."
(525) Rin: "...could I have my sword back now, please?"
** (521) Agatha suddenly looks at Rin and narrows her eyes. She charges Rin and lets him have it with a left hook to the jaw. **
** (521) Agatha snarls at Rin. "Why the bloody hell did you let go?" **
** (525) Rin ducks. "Let go of what?" **
(521) Agatha: "Everyone joined hands to stay outta that...whatever the hell it was. You let go!"
(521) Agatha: ((Agatha's memory may be skewed based on her perceptions and preconceived notions. =P))
** (525) Rin stands, holding his hands out. "I don't know what you're talking about. J'hzuu never grabbed on to anyone, so I wasn't holding anything. And for that matter, why did you let go of my sword? It's very valuable, and I trusted you not to lose it, but you were awfully quick to drop it into that rift, weren't you?" **
(519) Lellick: "Hey, hey! It doesn't matter. Everything's back now, isn't it?"
(521) Agatha: "We nearly get sucked into an abyss and all you're worried about is the shoddy piece of scrap?!"
** (521) Agatha chucks the sword against the wall. **
** (525) Rin stares at Agatha, long and hard, before he silently moves to retrieve his sword, before starting down the steps. **
** (521) Agatha nostrils flare. "I don't even know why that bastard is tagging along. What use is someone who values a damned sword over the lives of the people he's with?" **
** (519) Lellick sighs. "He was the one that got you back." **
** (521) Agatha shoots Lellick a look. "What?" **
(519) Lellick: "He used the card he took from the crone to get you back here. The cards are spell talismans, apparently."
** (521) Agatha calms down, but not by much. "Hmph. The bastard just didn't want to look bad. You'll notice he brought his little pigsticker back along with me." **
(521) Agatha: "I don't like him. I sure as hell don't trust him. As soon as this business is over with, I hope to never see him again, for his sake."
(521) Agatha: With that, Agatha storms down the stairs.
** (519) Lellick stares after her for a moment, before shaking his head and following. **
** (599) J'hzuu makes a "tsk" sound and follows Lellick. **

(549) Gautam (enter): 21:52
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (549) Gautam...
(506) DM: ((how fortuitous, lol))
(506) DM: ((you're where the X is))
(549) Gautam: ((Sorry for the lateness. I was...uh...totally not cheating on you with another group.))
(506) DM: ((ok, well let's go))
(550) ticattack (enter): 21:59
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (550) ticattack...
(506) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(544) ticattack' from room...
(544) ticattack (exit): 21:59
** (525) Rin continues down the steps, naked blade resting against one shoulder. **
(506) DM: Eventually the spiral staircase comes to a stop, and a stone door stands closed before you. There is a strong odor of camphor here.
** (549) Gautam follows, axe in hand and still fuming from her argument with Rin. **
** (549) Agatha follows, axe in hand and still fuming from her argument with Rin. **
** (494) Kha snorts "Camphor stinks." **
** (542) Git sniffs the air with a bit of consideration as he makes his way to examine the stone door for traps and locks **
** (525) Rin stays a few feet back from the door, giving Git some room to work. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [9,16] = (25),[1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23)
** (539) Lellick peers around the others to get a good look at the door, staying a good distance back as well. **
** (542) Git gets out his picks and sets to work on the lock **
(549) Agatha: [1d4] -> [4] = (4)
(549) Agatha: ((sorry. wrong button))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [9,13] = (22)
** (542) Git signals for the others to ready before he opens the door **
** (494) Kha nods that he is ready **
(554) ticattack (enter): 22:10
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (554) ticattack...
(506) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(550) ticattack' from room...
(550) ticattack (exit): 22:10
(525) Rin: "Go ahead."
** (549) Agatha adjusts the grip on her axe and takes a stance. **
** (542) Git opens the door, with a dagger in his off hand **
(506) DM: The door eases open, as if on oiled hinges...into a rather small chamber with a low ceiling (OC: 20x20) and another closed stone door.
(506) DM: ((I assume you have a light source as the room within is quite dark.))
(494) Kha: (( Kha has his flaming spear ))
(506) DM: The odor of camphor continues unabated.
(506) DM: Flickering torchlight can be seen from underneath the doorjamb.
** (539) Lellick rubs at his nose, starting to get somewhat annoyed by the smell. **
** (525) Rin draws out his everburning torch, and gives it a light toss into the dark room. He follows after it, cautiously. **
(549) Agatha: "Hmph. Well, it sure smells like a tomb. Let's hope the residents are all tucked in."
(556) Lunauc (enter): 22:16
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (556) Lunauc...
(506) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(542) Lunauc' from room...
(542) Lunauc (exit): 22:17
(506) DM: A slick substance appears to have been spread over most of the surface of the floor in this interior chamber.
** (525) Rin bends down to peer at it. "What's this?" **
(506) DM: This appears to be the source of the odor.
(556) Git: "You mean besides disgusting..?"
(525) Rin: "It's camphor oil. Flammable."
** (525) Rin gives Kha's spear a long look. **
(554) J'hzuu: "Why does J'hzuu not like that...?"
(556) Git: "Hmmm... any way to light it from afar and let it burn away safely?"
** (539) Lellick doesn't even enter the small room, just lingers next to the doorway. **
(494) Kha: "Ya, I can light it."
** (556) Git looks overs the interior of the room, trying to spot any ingnition source. **
** (549) Agatha catches Rin's gaze. "Don't worry about the spear the flames are just for effect... Mostly." **
** (525) Rin steps gingerly across the liquid to retrieve his everburning torch, which thankfully involves no fire. **
** (554) J'hzuu raises his glove and causes a flame to materialise. **
(556) Git: :to Rin: "Careful, there may be a trap set to ignite the oil."
(494) Kha: "Or J`hzuu can" ** goes back down the stairs aways **
** (525) Rin glances about the room, then grabs the torch and scampers back to safety. **
** (556) Git nods to J'hzuu, "Alright. Everyone back up the stairs and let the kitty burn. **
** (539) Lellick also retreats to the stairswith the others, casting a slightly worried glance back at the room. **
** (556) Git stands and begins back up the stairs to a safer locale. **
** (525) Rin takes a seat on the bottom step. **
** (554) J'hzuu makes sure everyone is out the way, then backs up to a safe distance and lets the mini-fireball fly. **
(556) Git: :to Rin: "Careully.. the fumes down their may ignite"
(558) Tarrun (enter): 22:25
(487) Yazzie (exit): 22:26
(558) Tarrun (exit): 22:26
** (549) Agatha stands just behind J'hzuu, ready for anything. **
(506) DM: A miniature sphere of flame flies from the Khajiit's fingertips and blossoms once it strikes the pool of slickness on the floor...then immediately explodes into a cloud of gas that causes the stone door to fly open with a crash.
** (525) Rin covers his ears. **
** (554) J'hzuu cringes from the blast. **
(506) DM: The entire chamber glows with incandescent heat. As for the odor, the application of fire causes its sharpness to increase by several magnitudes.
(525) Rin: "Well, if there's anyone here, then they know we're coming."
** (549) Agatha covers her eyes from the bright flash. **
(549) Agatha: "Well...that's one less door to open."
(549) Agatha: ((brb))
(539) Lellick: "Yes, considering our luck that went surprisingly well."
(525) Rin: "So far."
** (556) Git lies down low on the stairs, waiting for the fumes to pass over head and drift up the stairway **
** (525) Rin pulls out a waterskin from his pack, since they're going to be here a little while. He takes a long swallow, then offers it to the others. **
** (556) Git whistles a little diddy as he reclines casually on the steps **
(506) DM: After the blast, it takes a bit of time for the area to air out.
(556) Git: :Once the air is clearer, the rogue makes his way down stairs to see what has become of the room
** (525) Rin follows after Git. **
(506) DM: Script covers the walls, most of it in an illegible scrawl. However, one phrase stands out that grabs your immediate attention: "The Nine Council".
(556) Git: (is there a floor?)
(506) DM: The room is otherwise empty. The remains of a shattered stone door lies across from the exit of the chamber. Outside the room, silence reigns in a torch-lit corridor.
(506) DM: (yes)
(556) Git: (oh nvm... 'blows the stone door open..."
(560) Amaranth (enter): 22:38
(560) Amaranth (exit): 22:38
** (525) Rin stares at the script, idly rubbing his chin with his shield hand. **
** (494) Kha goe and tries to read anything else on the wall **
** (549) Agatha refuses Rin's waterskin and takes a swig from her own. **
(556) Git: "The Nine Council...?" Looks to the others for some clue, while continuing on to the corridor beyond to look about.
** (539) Lellick follows slowly behind them, looking at all the writing with a faint frown. **
** (549) Agatha takes a look around the room while Kha tries to read. "What's all this writing say, Kha?" **
** (525) Rin taps a finger against his forehead, eyes closed, then he nods. "Ah, yes, the Nine Council. Ruling council of the Grand Duchy of Kern. Rumored slavelords, I believe." **
(556) Git: "Oh yes... them..." :offers with some distaste.
(549) Agatha: "So this tomb belongs to one of them?"
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, The writing says: "To those who might view this missive, should you win past the guardians of my tomb, I shall gift you with enough power to bring the ruination of the Nine Council. They shall rue the day they condemned I, Zathis the Merciful, to everlasting death!"
(562) ticattack (enter): 22:42
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (562) ticattack...
(525) Rin: "...someone might want to glance in the hall, to make sure there's nothing coming."
(506) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(554) ticattack' from room...
(554) ticattack (exit): 22:43
** (494) Kha reads the writing on the wall outloud "To those who might view this missive, should you win past the guardians of my tomb, I shall gift you with enough power to bring the ruination of the Nine Council. They shall rue the day they condemned I, Zathis the Merciful, to everlasting death!" **
(525) Rin: "Isn't.. death.. generally everlasting? For most people?"
** (525) Rin moves over to the ruined door, to peek down the hall in both directions. **
(549) Agatha: "Not for enough."
** (539) Lellick laughs a little. "Yes.. we'd better hope he meant the normal kind, and not the undead kind." **
(525) Rin: "Not likely."
(556) Git: :shrugs: "Well... I always have been a fan of spiteful vengence.. as long as it's to my advantage."
(549) Agatha: "This Zathis hardly sounds merciful, but I ain't one to turn down good help. Especially against the Nine."
(506) DM: The corridor is deathly silent. A film of fine dust covers the length of this hall (OC: 10' wide x 70' in either direction), presumably from the explosion that blasted the door open.
(549) Agatha: ((brb afk))
(525) Rin: "Nothing down the hall."
(525) Rin: "Nothing visible and dangerous, at least."
(506) DM: You can make out where the hall turns to the south (at either end).
** (556) Git takes up a bit of dust on his finger, checking it meticulously to make sure it's nothing strange by dstinct color or texture. **
(525) Rin: "Which way? We can go left, or right."
(556) Git: :while eyeing the dust on his gloved finger, Git simply tosses his dagger in the air on Rin's question
(556) Git: [1d2] -> [2] = (2)
** (556) Git glances down to see where the blade of the fallen dagger lands, before offering, "We go right." **
(556) Git: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [16,4] = (20)
(556) Git: mmm.. almonds and cynide... just like mom used to make.
(525) Rin: "Poison?"
(556) Git: (was supposed to be a whisper but.. eh.. works as dialogue too)
(556) Git: "This gunk on the walls. Be sure not to lick them.and keep it off your skin if you can."
** (539) Lellick moves further away from the walls, eyes widening a bit. **
(525) Rin: "Good think you warned me. I was just about to start licking the walls. Hmm.. I get the feeling we'll be seeing more of this."
(525) Rin: *thing
** (556) Git begins heading north, keeping a watch for a triggering advice which may aerosal the dust in someway. **
(556) Git: (advice>device)
** (525) Rin follows Git with a ten foot gap between them, for safety. **
(506) DM: (ignore the compass rose please)
(549) Agatha: "Hmph. Well it's better than spore-covered mummies. Good catch."
(506) DM: (you're heading west (to 5))
(556) Git: (ok.)
** (494) Kha follows Git **
(525) Rin: (We can walk through walls!)
(506) DM: ((uh, no))
(567) ticattack (enter): 22:57
(549) Agatha: ((sorry, guess I'll leave the drarwings up to you))
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (567) ticattack...
(506) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(562) ticattack' from room...
(562) ticattack (exit): 22:59
** (556) Git makes his way to the end of the hall carefully and stops, using the mirror on the inside of his bracer to look round the corner before turning, all the while keeping away from the walls **
(506) DM: The hallway turns the corner and is irregularly shaped. IT is 10' wide to start with and then widens to 20' for a section. Beyond this, the hall narrows again but soon widens once more. It finally narrows back to 10' and turns a corner. The ceiling is very high, lost in shadow somewhere above. The passage is smoothly carved but is otherwise unremarkable.
** (556) Git begins down the hall, watching the walls and floor for scrape marks or debri, denoting anything routinely rising or falling here, as he makes his way. **
** (525) Rin concentrates briefly, summoning up four small spheres of light that he sends upwards towards the ceiling. (Dancing Lights) **
(494) Kha: (( AFK for a smoke ))
** (525) Rin sends the lights down the hall following the contours of the ceiling, stopping them about mid-way down. **
** (539) Lellick stays towards the back of the group, looking back behind them every so often. **
** (525) Rin creeps along behind Git, keeping the lights ahead of them. He doesn't trust shadowy ceilings. **
(506) DM: (sec)
(506) DM: There is a sudden flash from above as you reach the halfway point of the corridor.
** (525) Rin curses briefly in halflingish. **
(506) DM: A metallic square that instantly and rapidly grows to a 20' high box reminiscent of a crenellated tower and battlements -- entirely made of meteoric iron. (Reflex, Git and Rin, to avoid being crushed to a pulp)
(556) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+13] -> [13,13] = (26)
(506) DM: It falls to the ground, growing, increasing in size.
(556) Git: (+2 if it's a trap)
(525) Rin: [1d20+5] -> [9,5] = (14)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [10d10] -> [6,1,3,10,10,4,10,3,6,1] = (54)
(556) Git: (if I'm rushing back instead of forwards, any chance of trying to grab Rin on the way?
(567) J'hzuu: ((AFK for about 10-20 mins))
(506) DM: ((if you successfully roll a Reflex check, yes))
(556) Git: (:crosse fingers for success:)
(556) Git: (28 succeed?)
(556) Git: (the long silence makes me nervous)
(534) Black Moth (enter): 23:25
(534) Black Moth (exit): 23:26
(506) DM: ((I don't see a 28...did you roll?))
(556) Git: (yeah.. rolled a 26 +2 for trap sense)
(549) Agatha: ((wait is a check for the trap and a check to save Rin, or both in one save?))
** (556) Git takes a moment enjoy his life flashing before him. **
(556) Git: (oh... you mean a roll to save rin?)
(556) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+13] -> [15,13] = (28)
(506) DM: ((this is to save Rin, yes))
(506) DM: ((success then))
** (556) Git turns heel quickly and charges back to safety, tackling Rin back over the threshold along the way. **
** (525) Rin continues cursing in Halflingish, as he's tackled to safety. **
** (549) Agatha hears the sound of of metal grinding against stone and turns towards 5. "Git?" **
** (556) Git pats the halfing on the head, offering casually Rin, "Thanks for cushioning my fall." **
(506) DM: The flap of wings can be heard as something flies down and enters the construct.
** (556) Git gets up as if nothing happened and turns to see if there's room around the stone. **
** (525) Rin peers between Git, and the large block of metal that tried to crush him. He offers the rogue a nod and a grin. "Oh, your welcome. And thank you for saving me from a crushing defeat. 'preciate it." **
(506) DM: (Those of you peering back from the entrance corridor now see a giant metallic box reminiscent of a fortress blocking the passage where the "5" is. It's 20' high, with narrow slits for windows.)
(556) Git: "No prob." :offers idly back over his shoulder as he looks with some worry to what just flew down.:
** (525) Rin stands, with a sigh of relief. "Now that's a bother." **
(506) DM: (Git and Rin are directly in front of the metallic box.)
** (525) Rin reaches out to touch the metal box. "Hm." **
** (556) Git rushes forward suddenly, pasting himself against the bx, outr of sight of the windows. **
** (539) Lellick hurries forward, stopping a good ten feet away or so. "Are you two okay?!" **
(556) Git: :carefully, he uses the mirror on his wrist to glance inside a window to see in.
(525) Rin: "Yes, get out of sight of the windows. Could be archers."
(556) Git: :to Lellick: "Fine.. fine.. but you might want to watch out for sniper fire."
** (539) Lellick blinks, then scrambles back against one of the walls. "Snipers? In that thing??" **
** (494) Kha looks at the box, then turns the other way and move down the hall **
(525) Rin: "Better safe than sorry."
(556) Git: :reminds Lellick: "And mind the walls in that hall"
(506) DM: As if on cue, a lightning bolt issues forth from one of the slits. (all in the corridor where 5 is, Reflex)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [6d6] -> [6,3,6,4,3,6] = (28)
(556) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+13] -> [1,13] = (14)
(556) Git: (any bonus for being out of sight against the box?)
(539) Lellick: [1d20+10] -> [4,10] = (14)
(506) DM: (Lellick, not Git, suffers damage.))
(525) Rin: [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20)
(549) Gautam: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
** (525) Rin was up next to the box, too, if that matters. **
** (549) Gautam apparantly chose the wrong time to come after strange sounds as lightning flahses through her form. **
(525) Rin: "Anyone see what that was?"
** (556) Git cringes as the others are struck at the end of the hall. but does not cease his own plans, as he gets out his rope and grapple and tries to toss it up onto the battlements. **
(495) Ned (exit): 23:40
** (525) Rin hugs the side of the box, trying to peer up through one of the windows. "I might be able to get you inside." **
(556) Git: :To Rin: "Oh yeah?" :while tossing up his grapple:
** (556) Git gives the rope a tug to make sure it's taut before climbing up, trying to stay out of sight of the window and ascend quietly, as to not alert the caster within of his actions. (move silently and hide.. if possible) **
(525) Rin: "Maybe.. but I'd have to go up the rope first."
(556) Git: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [5,10] = (15)
(556) Git: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [20,15] = (35)
(556) Git: (+10 to both for my armor and cloak respectively, for 25 and 45)
(506) DM: Something screeches from inside the box. A lightning bolt issues forth from another arrow slit aimed down the corridor. (if anyone is NOT flush against the box like Git and Rin or NOT elsewhere like Kha, you need to roll Reflex)
(567) ticattack (exit): 23:47
(567) ticattack (enter): 23:47
(539) Lellick: (Er, I was waiting to see how much damage Lel took?..)
(549) Agatha: ((ditto))
(506) DM: (if you saved, 14, if not 28. that was for the first bolt.)
(506) DM: (another bolt has since issued so I need another roll if applicable)
(549) Agatha: ((well screw that second bolt then))
(539) Lellick: [1d20+10] -> [14,10] = (24)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [6d6] -> [5,1,6,1,5,1] = (19)
(506) DM: (for the second, take 9 if you made, 19 if you didn't)
** (539) Lellick staggers a few steps away from the wall, gritting his teeth from the pain, then rushes towards the side of the tower. **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (567) ticattack...
** (525) Rin looks up, keeping an eye on Git. **
** (549) Agatha thrusts her metal axe ahead of her and recites the incantation "Humility before the ((earth djinn))!" **
(506) DM: ((init then))
** (556) Git sets up on the top of the wall, taking daggers in either hand, he leans forward and drops into the fortress, trying to stab on the way **
(556) Git: (oh...)
whispering to Gautam, remind me about that again?
(556) Git: (get a surprise round attack?)
** (549) Agatha tastes a metallic tang in her mouth and the electricty passes over her. ((immunity to electricity)) **
(556) Git: Ceremonial Dagger(2-w sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [9,10] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d4+1+3d6+0] -> [1,1,6,4,5,0] = (17)
(556) Git: Ceremonial Dagger(2-w sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [11,10] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d4+1+3d6+0] -> [1,1,5,3,3,0] = (13)
(539) Lellick: [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13) (init)
(525) Rin: [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
(556) Git: (and tumble to avoid fall dmg)
(556) Git: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [7,11] = (18)
(567) J'hzuu: ((Init: [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11)))
(506) DM: There is a horrified screech from within the construct, and a gurgle.
(506) DM: Then silence.
** (525) Rin climbs the rope. [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22) **
(556) Git: :from within the fort: "Well... that was easy enough."
** (539) Lellick looks up at the tower above him, his breathing labored. "..Is that.. all of them?" **
** (525) Rin peers over the top of the wall, then drops down into the fortress. **
** (556) Git wipes off the ichor from his daggers as he watches Rin drop 20' to a stone floor for no apparent reason **
** (525) Rin likes falling. **
** (549) Agatha tries to get used to the odd taste in her mouth. "What was that?" **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [4] = (4)
(556) Git: :blinks at Rin, before speaking: "Alright... you've managed to injure yourself... and trap us in here with the rope out there."
** (525) Rin picks himself up. "Actually, getting out is much easier." **
** (539) Lellick pulls his holy symbol off his belt with a somewhat shaky hand, concentrating for a moment before intoning, "May Tevesh ease my pain and make me whole again." **
(556) Git: "Ah...." :stares at him: "Good. I'd hate to think you'd injure yourself without an escape plan."
(525) Rin: "I figured since this is probably some sort of magical thing, I might be of use inside, in figuring out how to get it out of the way."
(539) Lellick: (Using Sacred Boost to maximize casting Cure Serious Wounds on self for a total of 31 hp gain)
(556) Git: "or... we could just use the rope."
** (525) Rin wanders over to take a look at whatever Git killed. **
** (556) Git goes through the belongings of a doubly skewered imp. **
** (525) Rin points at the stick the Imp has. "That's magical. Maybe the source of the lightning." **
(556) Git: "Yes... I'd say it is."
(525) Rin: "Anything else?
** (549) Agatha looks around and calls out. "Is everyone alright?" **
(556) Git: (did he have any other belongings?)
(556) Git: :calls out to Aggy: "Don't worry. I'm fine."
(506) DM: (nope)
** (525) Rin looks around for a door or any odd features of the box. **
(506) DM: There does seem to be a door, albeit barely visible. (only Rin and Git can see this)
** (539) Lellick takes a look up and down the corridor before moving over to Agatha, both looking and feeling a lot better now. "Hold still please," he said before reaching up to put a hand on her arm, repeating the same spell as before. **
(539) Lellick: (Using Sacred Boost and casting CSW again, this time on Aggy, for another 31 hp gain)
** (549) Agatha relaxes as the warm healing magic soothes away her burns and steadies her twitching arm. **
(549) Agatha: "Thank you Lellick."
** (549) Agatha turns towards the box. "What the hell was that thing?" **
(525) Rin: "Well, if we want to climb over everyone would have to climb two ropes, and descend two ropes. Hm. I just can't figure out what this is."
(556) Git: "What what is?"
(539) Lellick: "...I don't know, but they seem to be having fun examining it?"
(525) Rin: "This box."
** (556) Git asks as he heads over to check the door for traps or a lock **
** (556) Git opens the door to let the others in. **
(556) Git: "Whatever it is.. at least we know where the door is if there's another."
(525) Rin: "Does the door even open?"
(525) Rin: "Git, perhaps you should search the whole room for any secrets it might contain."
(506) DM: ((The door does not open.))
** (556) Git fiddles with the door a moment before kicking it. "Damn magic boxes and their specially sealed doors." **
(525) Rin: "Maybe we missed something. Take a look around."
** (556) Git sighs and turns to Rin. "What? I just figured it was some kind of spell." **
** (539) Lellick slowly approaches the tower now, calling out, "..Hello?? What are you guys doing in there?" **
** (525) Rin tries searching the Imp's body to make sure nothing was missed. "It's an item, I think, not a spell." Search Check: [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16) **
(525) Rin: "Remember how it wasn't here before, and then just.. grew? If we can figure out how it works, maybe we can take it with us."
** (549) Agatha gets out her pack. "Hang on! I'll get a rope...Now where did I put that thing?" **
** (556) Git glances out a window to Lellick, "The door won't open, you all will have to climb up like I did. Once your on the parapet, walk around the perimeter and drop the rope on the other side." **
(525) Rin: (There's already a rope.)
(556) Git: :looks back to Rin:"Whatever would you do with this thing if you could take it with us?"
(539) Lellick: "Okay. Did you hear that, Agatha?"
(525) Rin: "Well.. it's a magically secure box. It's safer than sleeping in the open. Or you could use it to crush people, like it almost did us."
(525) Rin: "Take a look around. Maybe there's a command word or.. button or.. something."
(556) Git: "Besides.. it was probably kept shrunken up above and was triggered when we passed under to return to it's normal size, and the incredible weight broke what ever bonds held it."
** (549) Agatha stops digging around when she notices the rope already there. "Nevermind. Should we try to climb over to your side?" **
** (556) Git gives Rin a shrug and with nothing better to do goes about searching the walls of the box for a button or inscription or such." **
(556) Git: :to Aggy, while searching: "Our side has a twenty foot drop in. Stay on top and walk along the ledge to the other side and drop us the rope in."
(494) Kha: Reflex save: [1d20+13] ==> [7,13] = (20)
(556) Git: :turns to Rin: "I don't see anything."
(525) Rin: "Hm. Ah well."
(556) Git: "I'd ask him for a command word..." :points to the imp: "But I don't think he'll answer."
(525) Rin: "Never a necromancer when you need one."
(525) Rin: "Or someone capable of raising the dead."
(556) Git: :calls to those outside: "Did you all hear me? You have to climb the rope."
** (539) Lellick looks at the rope on their side of the tower, tugging on it briefly before starting to climb it. "Yes, yes, give us a minute." **
** (525) Rin thinks for a moment. "..is she going to be able to climb that?" **
(556) Git: "Aggy? After Lellick's healing she should be alright."
(525) Rin: "..I was just thinking about the last time."
(506) DM: As usual, Kha doesn't seem to be with you.
** (525) Rin hunkers down and pulls a large coil of rope out of his pack; the coil actually looks too large to have even fit, but somehow he managed it. **
** (525) Rin didn't even notice he was gone. **
(549) Agatha: "I think I can do it."
(549) Agatha: "Might be a tight fit.
(506) DM: ((that was for the people outside))
** (549) Agatha begins to climb the rope **
(549) Agatha: "You doing okay up there, Lellick?"
** (539) Lellick stands at the top of the tower, briefly peering down inside at the two. "Oh, yes, I'm fine!" **
** (525) Rin rubs at his chin for a moment, then loudly proclaims: "Open Seasame!" **
(506) DM: The door flies open.
(583) Zane (enter): 00:34
(525) Rin: "..go back down the rope."
(539) Lellick: "...."
** (556) Git slaps his forehead, groaning in disbelief. "Open.... sesame....?" **
whispering to Zane, do me a favor please. in a cube that's 10' x 10' x 10', with a flask of water that empties water out at the rate of 20 gallons per minute, how much time would someone have before the cube fills with water?
** (525) Rin peeks out the door, to make sure there isn't anything waiting to kill him, before casually striding through. "Come on, Git." **
** (556) Git shakes his head before following out the door **
(525) Rin: "Lellick, please get off the tower."
** (539) Lellick sighs and climbs back down, going slowly to make sure he doesn't run into Agatha on the way. **
** (525) Rin waits until Lellick is safely off the tower. "Bittybox." **
** (549) Agatha jumps down and assists Lellick out of the way as she hears Rin's incantation. **
** (556) Git looks around the others, once outside. His 'worry brow' rises a bit, "Where's Kha?" **
(525) Rin: "..who? ..oh, right. ...I got the impression that he often wandered off on his own."
(506) DM: The cube shrinks to the size of a die.
** (525) Rin wanders over to grab the cube from the floor, and toss it towards Git. "Catch." **
(556) Git: "Yes... often..." :turns back to see the cube shrink down. Catching the cube, he passes the halfling a nod of approval: "Nice guess."
** (549) Agatha looks around. "I thought he was with you." **
** (525) Rin ..is a human, thanks. **
(556) Git: (oh... right...)
(525) Rin: "..maybe he tried to go around to the other side of the tower."
** (549) Agatha turns back to check the other corridor. "Damn it all. When's that lad going to learn?" **
** (525) Rin sighs, and follows after Agatha. **
** (556) Git pockets the cube, and shrugs to Aggy: "I did not know he could." **
** (539) Lellick rubs at the back of his head, then follows after her. **
** (556) Git heads back up the hall, looking for footprints in the dust to see where the spearman went. **
** (549) Agatha grumbles back at Git. "You know me, ever the optimist." **
(556) Git: (any sign of footprint sin the dust?)
(506) DM: ((down the corridor to area 6))
** (556) Git follows a set of foot prints down the hall, figuring they were safe for at least as far they went. **
(506) DM: As you turn the corner, you see a forcecube, roughly 10' cubed that blocks the corridor (area 6). This passage is similar in dimensions as its twin. Within the forcecube is a ceramic flask that jettisons an endless stream of water that's slowly filling the cube. Also entrapped withiin is Kha.
(494) Kha: (( AFK for a smoke ))
** (549) Agatha sees Git following behind her and lets him take the lead. **
** (556) Git looks about for an enemy before slowly approaching the cube. **
** (525) Rin blinks a few times. **
(506) DM: There seems to be no one else within the corridor.
** (549) Agatha sees her comrade trapped and runs up to the cube. "Kha!" **
** (525) Rin moves slowly up the cube, frowning slightly. "Well that's ingenious." **
(506) DM: He's taking a bath and waves to you in greeting.
(525) Rin: "Hm. I think he'll probably die in there."
** (556) Git looks to Kha a moment, about to say something... mostly likely chastising... yet he relents with a shake of his head. Turning to the others he inquires, "Can someone dispel that?" **
** (539) Lellick blinks at seeing the cube, walking up to stare at it. "..I can't decide if he's outdone himself this time or not." **
(506) DM: There is an explosion from above the cube as an imp appears from out of nowhere and fires a fireball at you. (Reflex)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [6d6] -> [1,2,2,1,1,5] = (12)
(556) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+13] -> [14,13] = (27)
(539) Lellick: [1d20+10] -> [11,10] = (21)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [6d6] -> [1,1,2,2,4,2] = (12)
** (549) Agatha looks at Kha curiously. "He doesn't seem to worri--?!" **
(525) Rin: "By all the sons of.. (Halflingish curse words.)." [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
(567) J'hzuu: (([1d20+8] -> [16,8] = (24)))
(549) Agatha: Reflex save: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
(556) Git: (how far away is the imp?)
(549) Agatha: ((where is the imp relative to us and the cube))
(506) DM: (if you failed, you took 12, if you made, you took 6. (and yes, I rolled poorly. heh.))
(549) Agatha: ((DC?))
(525) Rin: "..Kha, get your clothes on."
(506) DM: ((he's directly above the cube, flying))
(567) J'hzuu: ((What's the DC?))
(525) Rin: (Initiative?)
(506) DM: (if you rolled above an 18, you made)
(506) DM: (init)
** (556) Git dives forward into a flat roll along the ground, avoiding damage, though the fires wipe over him. **
(567) J'hzuu: (([1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20)))
(525) Rin: [1d20+1] -> [18,1] = (19)
(556) Git: init: [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
(506) DM: ((he's 40' above the floor))
** (525) Rin hisses in pain as the fire rolls over him. **
** (567) J'hzuu rolls to the side, the blast barely singing his fur. **
(539) Lellick: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
(506) DM: ((Ag? Init?))
(506) DM: ((the cube is 10' cubed and blocks further passage down area 6. the imp is flying above the cube and is 30' above the top of the cube (40' above the floor))
(506) DM: (20, J'hz)
(506) DM: It's not wielding anything but is in the process of casting.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
** (567) J'hzuu pulls himself to his feet and begins waving his hands around, speaking in some unknown language. As his hands move past a part of his body, it becomes invisible. (Greater Invisibility). **
(549) Agatha: init: [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
(506) DM: (19, Rin)
** (525) Rin glances between the Imp and the cube, then slaps a hand against his own chest, speaking a single arcane utterence. He should vanish, then reappear inside of the cube. (Dimension Hop into the cube.) **
(525) Rin: (I'm done.)
(506) DM: (14, Ag)
(549) Agatha: ((sec))
(494) Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] ==> [9,7] = (16)
(494) Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] ==> [6,7] = (13)
(494) Kha: (( oops ))
** (549) Agatha decides not to wait for the imp to commit suicide and drops Bar'eth-el. In its place she draws her new bow and fires a shot at the airbourne nuisance. **
(549) Agatha: [1d20+12] -> [10,12] = (22)
(525) Rin: "Kha, grab all your stuff, we're leaving."
(506) DM: (miss)
(506) DM: (6, Git)
** (494) Kha picks up his bag and nods "Ok ready, mind bringing us to the top of the Cube?" **
(525) Rin: "Just promise to jump off on the side where everyone else is."
** (556) Git follows Aggy's example, grabbing out his bow and opening fire. **
(556) Git: Shortbow Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [9,11] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
** (494) Kha nods **
(506) DM: (miss)
(506) DM: (5, Lel)
(506) DM: An amber bead slowly coalesces into being in front of the imp. It's giggling maniacally.
** (539) Lellick takes a step back, weilding his holy symbol. "Tevesh, give us your guidance so that we may prevail against this abomination!" As he intones the words, a soft white glow envelops the party before fading away. **
(539) Lellick: (Casting Bless, so don't forget the +1 to attack rolls and fear saves)
** (549) Agatha watches the amber bead with growing concern. "Somebody shut that thing up!" **
(506) DM: The imp hurls the bead directly at you (all except Rin and Kha need to make a Reflex save)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [12d6] -> [2,3,5,6,3,3,4,4,5,5,3,5] = (48)
(567) J'hzuu: (([1d20+8] -> [16,8] = (24)))
(539) Lellick: [1d20+10] -> [7,10] = (17)
(556) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+13] -> [12,13] = (25)
(506) DM: ((you need to beat DC 20. if you make, you take 24 or 0 if you have evasion, if you fail, you take 48.))
(549) Agatha: Reflex save: [1d20+6] -> [14,6] = (20)
(506) DM: (20, J'hz)
** (539) Lellick collapses to the ground, horrible burns covering his skin. **
** (549) Agatha roars through the burns. "Damn it, don't you bastards know any other spells!" **
** (567) J'hzuu cringes as his fur scorches, barely staying upright. He pulls out his bow and stumbles backwards as far as he can (Moving back afway from the party, preferably out of the blast range). **
** (556) Git rolls to safety, and cringes in horror at the halfling scorching **
** (549) Agatha spots Lellick and yells to the others. "Get Lellick out of here and spread out!" **
(506) DM: (19, Rin)
whispering to Rin, poke
** (525) Rin frowns, as he sees another fireball go off admist the party. He reaches out to touch Kha while mumbling a word, motes of light dancing around his figures. Kha should vanish, then reappear on top of the cube. Gathering his strength, he touches himself as well, hurredly spitting out the word to hop outside the cube, as well, but at ground level on the same side as the rest of the party. (Dimension Hop on Kha, Quick Casting to cast Dimension Hop as a swift action on myself.) **
(506) DM: (k)
(506) DM: (16, Kha)
(494) Kha: (( am I able to melee with the Imp or is it higher then the top of the cube? ))
(556) Git: (30' higher)
(506) DM: ((it's 24' above you))
(506) DM: ((Kha is 6' tall, so 24' higher))
** (494) Kha thusts his spear forward directly at the Imp causing a bolt of electrisity to fly at the Imp (( [5d10] ==> [7,8,9,9,6] = (39) electric Dmg, Reflex DC 21 )) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
(506) DM: It's burnt to a crisp.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [1] = (1)
(494) Kha: "Ha take that."
** (494) Kha goes over and looks over the body as it falls on top of the cube **
** (525) Rin hurries over to Lellick, fumbling around in his pack for a second, before pulling out a vial full of blue liquid. **
(589) Swirln (enter): 01:25
** (549) Agatha doesn't waste time celebrating and sees to Lellick. **
(506) DM: ....and falls on top of the cube. One of its talons is encircled by a mass of now-molten metal.
** (556) Git rushes to the halfling's side. **
(549) Agatha: Healing check: [1d20+9] -> [18,9] = (27)
** (525) Rin offers it to Agatha. "Give him this." (Potion of Cure Light Wounds). **
(506) DM: ((success))
(494) Kha: "I hope we dont need the ring it had, my lighning melted it."
(589) Swirln (exit): 01:27
** (549) Agatha takes the potion and tips the halfling's head forward. **
(549) Agatha: "C'mon stay with us, Lellick."
** (549) Agatha uncorks the vial with her teeth and slowly pours the potion down Lellick's mouth. She rubs his throat to make him swallow. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] -> [4] = (4)
whispering to Lellick, you're at 1
(549) Agatha: ((1d8 + what?))
(525) Rin: (1)
** (556) Git waits by anxiously, murmuring, "Come on, shorty, open your eyes." **
(549) Agatha: Potion, cure light wounds: [1d8+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
whispering to Lellick, make that 2
** (539) Lellick wakes with a start, coughing as the last of the potion sides down his throat. He jerks upwards in the process, then hisses, pulling an arm over his torso. "...Ow..." **
** (556) Git lets out a sigh of relief." **
** (525) Rin settles back with a sigh of relief, then stands, shouldering his pack. "Glad to see it's not your time." **
** (549) Agatha breaths a sigh of relief. "You had me worried there. I thought I might had had to try that kiss o' life nonsense." **
(549) Agatha: "Can you heal yourself?"
** (567) J'hzuu puts a burned hand on Lellick's shoulder and whispers in a pained voice. "And J'hzuu." **
(567) J'hzuu: ((He's still invisible))
** (525) Rin looks to Kha. "Good job with that Imp. We cleared the other passage, too." **
** (539) Lellick sits up with some effort smiling faintly. "..rather glad as well. Ah. Yes." **
(590) Lunauc (enter): 01:34
** (525) Rin feels around in his pack, grabbing at the stick that the Imp had. "Jh'zuu? I think this might be a wand of some sort. The imp that had it was firing lightning bolts at us. You'd make better use of this, than I. ..uh.. wherever you are." **
(591) Urudgar (enter): 01:35
(567) J'hzuu: The wand is taken from Rin's grasp and disappears.
** (539) Lellick waves his hand around a moment, blinking, "...give me your arm? Can't see.." **
** (567) J'hzuu grabs Lellick's arm and pulls it to his own. **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (590) Lunauc...
** (539) Lellick stays still for a moment, then grasps his holy symbol and intones in a stronger-sounding voice, "May Tevesh ease this man's pain and make him whole again." **
(506) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(556) Lunauc' from room...
(556) Lunauc (exit): 01:37
(539) Lellick: (Using Sacred Boost again and spontaneously casting Cure Critical for a total of.. 39 hp gain for J'hzuu)
(591) Urudgar (exit): 01:38
** (539) Lellick then repeats a similar spell on himself, twice, his burns glowing faintly each time. **
** (567) J'hzuu gasps as the burns heal. **
(539) Lellick: (That'll be two Boosted Cure Moderate for 23 hp each for Lel)
(525) Rin: "Perhaps we should strategically withdraw to the stairway and rest a little while."
(590) Git: "Agreed. Can't have our healer keeling over on us."
(506) DM: ((interlude))
(549) Agatha: "Aye, I don't like the idea of slowing down, but it looks like our only choice. If those little buggers could cause this much trouble, the third guardian will need us at full strength.
(525) Rin: "If there's just three."
(506) DM: Jedariah swung himself into the saddle and set down the road to the docks at an easy canter. The rest of the Hunters had left the Tower long since, save for a few who'd decided to stay and train as Warders. He'd been tempted, but not strongly enough to give up on finding the Horn this soon. Rather, he'd lingered in the hope that one of the Aes Sedai might be persuaded to divulge even a scrap of information regarding its whereabouts, and for all his persistence, trickery and charm had learned absolutely nothing.

Such was life. At any rate, it was time to leave if he wanted to get anywhere before winter, so at the docks he asked about boats travelling north. Felanost was as good a place as any to look, and he was pleased to find a captain sailing for Damrosil that very afternoon. He paid passage at once and settled into his cabin.

Later on, he began to wish he'd waited.

There was an Aes Sedai travelling on the same ship, a sister of the White Ajah. In itself that wasn't so bad. He'd had many stimulating discussions with White sisters during his stay in the city of the Tower. This one, however, cornered him almost as soon as they set sail and started arguing, loudly and logically, against Hunters of the Horn in general and him in particular.

"Surely you can see how foolish it is. The Horn will not be found until Fate deems we are ready for it, and so your quest is merely a waste of time and effort..."

"But who can tell if Fate exists?" Jedariah gave her a bland smile. He was no newcomer to debate and logic, and he strongly disliked being talked down to. "Who can say we are not ready now? And somebody must be the one into whose hands it will place the Horn, and why should that somebody not be me?"

The White sister scoffed at that. "What is and what is to be are already woven into the Pattern of Fate, and all your efforts and posturings will not make it one whit more likely that you will be the one." She gave him a disparaging look. "I think it highly unlikely, myself."

"If everything that will be is already determined then so must my efforts and posturings be, and then perhaps you should be criticizing the Pattern and not me." He bowed and left for his own cabin. Unfortunately, that didn't stop the barrage of logic, merely postponed it until the next morning.

By the time they reached landfall, Jedariah was heartily sick of the argument. He did, however, stop by her cabin before disembarking.

"Well," she demanded, "have you decided to give up your pointless Hunt, then?"

"Not at all. I was merely curious about something. Would you be so kind as to tell me, what is the exact wording of the First Oath that you swear?"

"To speak no word that is not true." Everyone knew that, her tone implied.

"Yes, I thought that was it. But if you take a literal interpretation of that Oath, then logically, aren't you prevented from saying anything that isn't the word 'true'?"

She opened her mouth, then closed it again, a troubled expression appearing on her face. "That's - true."

"Then the Oath Rod stops you from saying any other word, doesn't it?"

"True..."

"I'll leave you to think about that then, shall I?" Jedariah bowed. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Aes Sedai."

He kept a sober face all the way off the ship.

Then he whooped with laughter, swung into the saddle and rode off.

(506) DM: ((end interlude))
(494) Kha: (( done ))
(525) Rin: (Done.)
(590) Git: (heh)
(506) DM: ((you see, Git, you're not the only one who doesn't believe in 'Fate'. :) ))
(539) Lellick: (Also done~)
(549) Agatha: ((Hmm. Interesting, but what has it to do with us?))
(506) DM: ((you'll see.))
(590) Git: (It's nice to know their are other True Disbelievers.)
(506) DM: You head back to the room above the stairs, shortly after where Rin rescued Agatha from her previous doom.
(506) DM: The aroma of freshly pressed clothes follows you.
(506) TaliesinNYC: [1d20] -> [9] = (9)
** (525) Rin blinks a few times, looking over his shoulder. "What's.. what's that thing?" **
** (549) Agatha looks at her charred coat and is blad that she thought to bring an extra set of clothes for herself. **
(549) Agatha: ((glad* even))
(525) Rin: "There's a pink blurry thing with lots of feet following us. Is that normal? And by normal, I mean normal for you."
whispering to Gautam, The luggage bumps into you.
(549) Agatha: "Oh that? That's the Luggage. I'm surprised you haven't seen it by now."
(549) Agatha: ((until now))
(525) Rin: "Oh. Well, I'm sure that makes.. some sort of sense."
(549) Agatha: "It not seen unless it wants to be. It must be more forgiving than I am."
** (525) Rin drops his pack and settles down, back to a wall. **
(525) Rin: "Oh, well thank you for not forgiving me for something I never did. I appreciate that, really."
(593) Lunauc (enter): 02:03
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (593) Lunauc...
(506) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(590) Lunauc' from room...
(590) Lunauc (exit): 02:03
** (549) Agatha kneels down and pats the Luggage. "You left to us to our doom to go after our sword. Unless that pigsticker can heal the sick and revive the dead, there's no excusin' that." **
** (539) Lellick plops down against one of the other walls, closing his eyes as he rests his head back against the stone. "..Let's not start with this. Please." **
(525) Rin: "I didn't leave you to anything. I couldn't even get to you, or the sword. If I wanted to leave you to your doom, I would have just wished for the return of my sword from the black abyss you fell into."
(506) DM: Something belches out a cloud that reminds you of freshly done laundry.
** (525) Rin sighs and rubs at his forehead, then pulls rations and water from his pack so he can get to eating. **
(583) Zane (exit): 02:06
** (549) Agatha sighs. "I don't know about you, but I'm in this to rescue someone close to me. I didn't ask you to come with me, but since you did, you should know I can't allow any screw ups." **
(549) Agatha: "I assume you're here to help. But I need to know I can trust you. I can't be worring about whether you have my back or not."
** (525) Rin just shakes his head and concentrates on his food. **
(549) Agatha: "As for wishing me back, I appreciate it, I do. But grabbing me would've in the first place would've saved us a powerful magick. And if the position were reversed, I certainly wouldn't want to look callous to your friends in a confined space where no one would notice me missing. Catch my meaning?"
(525) Rin: "Sorry, I haven't learned how to grab people over long distances using the power of my mind. When I figure that one out, I'll let you know."
(506) DM: Footsteps from above you....
(539) Lellick: "..Agatha. At least stop threatning him."
(506) Voice: "Ag-atha? Is that you?"
(567) J'hzuu: ((Well, psionics are allowed now, so...))
(595) Cowboy (enter): 02:13
(506) DM: It's Ajaiyah, or it sounds like her.
** (549) Agatha drops the subject when she hears the sounds. "Ajaiyah?" **
** (549) Agatha whispers to the others. "I'm going up to check. If there's trouble...well, it should be pretty damned obvious." **
** (539) Lellick looks up at the ceiling, blinking. "..Okay.." **
** Ajaiyah climbs down the stairs slowly and comes into view. "I ran when you caused the great frost to fall from the sky and night turned to day. I am ashamed and thought that was no way to gift you who saved me from certain death." **
(506) Ajaiyah: "So I have returned, for it is written that a coward is worse than a vishap's tongue, may the god forgive my lack of valor."
(549) Agatha: "You've missed the welcome wagon."
** (525) Rin closes his eyes. "I'm sure you'll be forgiven." He tries to get a little rest. **
(549) Agatha: "Are you alright?"
(506) Ajaiyah: "As well as I can be in this strange land."
** Ajaiyah looks around her nervously, wrinkling her nose. "What is that smell?" **
(593) Git: "which smell?"
(537) rockman18: Disconnecting from server...
(537) rockman18 (exit): 02:21
(506) Ajaiyah: "It is as if a washerwoman were next to me."
** (494) Kha walks back to the other flipping a silver coin " That would be burnt J`hzuu" **
(549) Agatha: "Hmph. That would be the luggage."
(506) Ajaiyah: "Luggage? What is the luggage?"
(494) Kha: "Oh that, I though that thing would have been lost by now, maybe it can dry out my clothing, I dont normaly like to take a bath with them on."
** (549) Agatha takes off her coat to reveal her long wool tunic and her strange multicolored chainshirt. "Speaking of which, would you mind taking care of this, Luggage?" **
** Ajaiyah seems a bit puzzled as she sits against the wall next to Rin, then peers at Kha. "Your clothes...?" **
(595) Cowboy (exit): 02:23
** (549) Agatha answers Ajaiyah non-chalantly. "He got caught in a trap. An imp tried to drown him." **
(494) Kha: "Think of it as a washerwoman stuck in a box. I am not sure what it is either, but a druid who travled with us for a time left it when she wen to do what ever druids do."
(506) DM: There's a cloud of air that reminds you of clothes hanging from a clothesline in a yard. In a moment, Agatha's clothes disappear SOMEWHERE.
(506) Ajaiyah: "What is an imp? You make no sense."
(549) Agatha: ((not all of them!))
(506) DM: (your wet ones)
(593) Git: "Ugly little demon... wonder if there are more."
(549) Agatha: "An imp is tiny demon. Have you a fresh set, Luggage."
(506) Ajaiyah: "You defeated a demon? You are truly powerful and blessed by Fate. It is well that I am with you." (nods to herself)
(593) Git: "Uh.... sure..."
(494) Kha: "You want to see an Imp, I dont know if I would call them demons, tricksters maybe."
(506) DM: SOMETHING spits out a batch of freshly pressed clothes. Ajaiyah blinks after a moment.
(567) J'hzuu: "An imp is to demons what a housecat is o Khajiit."
(494) Kha: "There is a roasted one back the way I came from."
(567) J'hzuu: ((*is to))
(506) Ajaiyah: "No...no, thank you, outlander. I believe you."
** (494) Kha strips and hold out his clothing "You mind Luggage?" **
(506) DM: The same thing occurs.
(494) Kha: "The imp it quite dead, I sat there waiting for this to cool
(549) Agatha: "Don't be so quick to praise. I've seen rats that are stronger that these buggers. They pack some damned strong magicks though."
** (494) Kha puts on the new clothing" **
(525) Rin: "It seemed to be coming from items they were wielding, though."
(494) Kha: "I wonder if this still hold the magic then."
** (549) Agatha pats the luggage again. "That's a good little...whatever you are." **
(494) Kha: "Oneiros, The Mistlord, I ask of you to banish Mania from my mind and let me see clearly."
(525) Rin: "An aberration of some kind, likely."
** (567) J'hzuu pulls the wand that Rin gave him out and holds it up for Kha to see. **
** (549) Agatha puts on the fresh laundry, shrugs to Rin, then turns to the others. "So who has first watch?" **
(525) Rin: "I'll take it. Unless you're worried I'm going to kill you in your sleep."
(593) Git: "I'll stay up with him. Don't know if one person'll be enough for what may lurk down here."
(494) Kha: "Evocation on the wand, cant tell you much more as I dont use that type of magic. and I think I melted the magic outa of the ring when I zaped the last one."
(525) Rin: "The Imp shot lightning at us, before Git killed it. Given that, and the word inscribed on the wand, I'm guessing the wand is what spit the lightning."
(494) Kha: "Could be, well I can take 2nd watch on. I do need a few hours of rest though."
(506) TaliesinNYC: ((kinda fading))
(506) TaliesinNYC: (can stop here)


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms