Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
8 users online
3 Registered
0 Hidden
5 Guests
Registered Users: BennyKep, BrettPag, Maraweild


Back to Tolmara Logs


Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(1161) DM: (42) DM: There is a tremendous explosion and several things occur at once...
(42) DM: Within the well, the hatch opens, causing the water within to drain rapidly...
** (62) Rin ducks down, shielding the halfling, just in case. **
(42) DM: It becomes unbearably bright within the clearing as if it were daylight. In fact, the glow can be seen for miles from all appearances.
(61) Git: :while ducking behind debri: "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO NOW?!
(42) DM: The temperature immediately becomes hot and dry...as if you were in Zayal. Ajaiyah's mouth drops open, saying, "What did you do?"
** (56) J'hzuu squints his eyes against the light, trying to keep some amount of vision. **
(42) DM: A swarm of horseflies emerges from the well and escapes into the air....
** (51) Kha drops his spear and tries to cover his eyes at the bright light **
** (52) Lellick begins muttering quick prayers under his breath, "Merciful Tevesh, should we, your mortal followers perish, shelter us in your hands as you guide us to our eternity beyond this world..." **
(42) DM: ...and a tremendous cacophany emerges from within the well. Shouts, cries and keening...a babble of voices.
** (56) J'hzuu begins chanting as well, and hastily running a feather across his body. (Fly) **
(74) Agatha: "Damn it all. This is why ya don't play with magicks!"
(62) Rin: "This wasn't a good idea at all."
(56) J'hzuu: ((Just tell me when one round's gone by so I can act again.))
(42) DM: You can barely hear each other over the din.
(51) Kha: (( that all the things that happen at once so we can act again? ))
(42) DM: ((yup))
** (51) Kha shouts, "That was amazing, did you know Lightning would do that when blasted into a well?!" as he is hoping over the edge of the well and climbing down the ladder after the spear he droped **
(42) DM: ((after 1 round, the horseflies have flown away, but everything else remains))
(42) DM: ((getting food, brb))
(74) Agatha: Agatha's ears are still ringing.
** (62) Rin slowly stands, squinting at the well. He slowly strides over, peering down after Kha. He can at least watch the man die horribly. **
(51) Kha: (( AFK for a smoke ))
(74) Agatha: "You're mad, you know that? Alchemy-spewing, stark raving mad!"
** (52) Lellick steps out from behind Rin's shield once it seems that nothing else is immediately spewing out of the ground, cautiously. **
(56) J'hzuu: ((How bright is the light? Daylight or blinding-level?))s
(42) DM: ((nova bright))
** (61) Git climbs out from the rubble, shielding his eyes as he approaches the others, "Now what in Andurin have you unleashed?" **
** (62) Rin uses his shield to try and keep the light out of his face. **
** (56) J'hzuu has his robes over his eyes, and is hovering a foot from the ground. "J'hzuu does not know!" **
(51) Kha: "There are smelly plants down here" ** calls out from the bottom of the well **
** (62) Rin squints into the well. "Smell plants? What do they look like?" **
(52) Lellick: "Are you saying you've just released this hellish atmosphere for a bunch of plants?!"
(51) Kha: "Some type of bean plant that is growing very very fast"
(62) Rin: "...magic beans?"
(74) Agatha: "Bean plants?!"
(62) Rin: "Maybe you should.. I don't know.. get out of there, then?"
(51) Kha: "They seem to have stoped growing, does anyone have a rope? It's thirty fet to the bottom and I dont want to drop that far"
** (62) Rin sighs quietly, then straps his shield to his back again, before climbing over the lip of the well and down the ladder. **
** (56) J'hzuu walks over to the well and leaps down the shaft. "If not, J'hzuu can give flight." **
** (51) Kha looks up "Flight may not last long enough, a rope would be best so I can climb back out later" **
** (52) Lellick blinks, then slowly walks towards the well. "Come back up immediately if there's anything dangerous." **
** (61) Git grumbles a few choice swears in several languages before following Rin down the ladder **
(56) J'hzuu: ((afk a few))
** (62) Rin stops at the bottom of the ladder, dragging his pack around where he can get to it. He pulls a long coil of rope from inside, and begins to tie it to the ladder, leaving most of it coiled. When it's secure, he grabs the rope and lowers himself into the hole. (Climb check: [1d20+10] -> [16,10] = (26) -> [19,10] -> (19, 10) = (29)) **
** (51) Kha follows after Rin **
(51) Kha: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [1,5] -> (1, 5) = (6) -> [9,5] -> (9, 5) = (14)
** (74) Agatha watches Rin climb down into the shaft. **
(74) Agatha: "This can't end well.."
** (51) Kha looks around the room once he gets to the bottom "Sorry, almost knocked you off there Rin" **
(74) Agatha: "Then again, everyone within two day's travel of here must've seen the blast, including our secret host. Going underground may not be the worst idea."
** (62) Rin glances around. "It's okay, just be more careful in the future." **
** (52) Lellick winces and nods. "We can't leave them down there if they're so intent on exploring, either." **
** (61) Git follows down behind kha, worried he'll set off more dangerous explosions if left unsupervised. **
** (74) Agatha turns to Lellick. "We can't?" **
** (52) Lellick grins somewhat sheepishly. "I suppose if we care about them getting hurt, we can't." **
(74) Agatha: "Hm. Given the recent events, I can't say I fit into the first group. Still, I suppose I can't risk Kha's ghost haunting me for the rest of my life, short as he might make it."
(74) Agatha: "Shall I go first or would you have the honors?"
(52) Lellick: "You'd better go first, in case I slip."
** (74) Agatha begins to climb down. "Fair enough." **
** (52) Lellick will wait a short while before climbing down after her. **
(56) J'hzuu: ((Sorry folks, I'm out of it. Zombified. I'm going to have to leave early and go lay down. At
3:30 pm...))
(51) Kha: (( rest well ))
(56) J'hzuu: ((Cheers. Seeya later))
(56) J'hzuu: Disconnecting from server...
(56) J'hzuu (exit):
01:39
(51) Kha: (( **pokes the DM to see if he is still alive** ))
** (74) Agatha slips on the slick wet rungs of the ladder and falls. **
(74) Agatha: "WaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhOOF!!"
** (52) Lellick pauses for a moment, clinging as he looks down into the gloom. "Agatha?!" **
** (62) Rin tries to break Agatha's fall by catching her. Or at least let her land on his soft and squishy body. **
** (51) Kha rushes over to Agatha "Are you ok?" **
** (74) Agatha groans as she lays on the floor of the well. **
(74) Agatha: "Oww..."
** (52) Lellick continues to climb down, carefully, if with more purpose. **
** (74) Agatha groans as she slowly gets up. "Watch out for that last step..." **
(74) Agatha: " 's a killer."
(51) Kha: "Thats what the rope was for."
(42) DM: ((just seeing you interact))
** (62) Rin breaks out his everburning torch. **
** (51) Kha walks around and looks at the plants for a momnt seeing if there are any beans on them yet **
(74) Agatha: "Ah, I must've missed that as I plumeting off the slick near-frozen bloody ladder!"
(42) DM: The chamber is roughly 30', perhaps 35' square and is hexagonal in construction. Ceiling is 30' above and you can see the cauldron suspended from the ceiling via iron chains. Holes have been cut into the bottom of the cauldron so when the hatch opened, the water drained into the room below; the cauldron acted as a giant watering can. A passage leads out of the room to a stone door. Holes cut into the floor of the hexagonal room slowly drain the water into the earth.
** (74) Agatha growls as she cricks her back. **
(42) DM: There is a strong odor of rancid spoiled bacon here.
(42) DM: Bean plants grow from a patch of dirt directly underneath the cauldron.
** (52) Lellick makes it to the bottom after a few near-slips, hurrying over to Agatha once he gets there. **
(62) Rin: "Well this is a little odd."
** (62) Rin moves over to examine the door. **
(61) Git: "Fascinating horticulture." :idly comments as he looks about for the light source for this subterran garden.
(52) Lellick: "Just hold still..."
(74) Agatha: "Don't worry about it lad. I've suffered worse."
(74) Agatha: "Nothing some bed rest won't cure."
(62) Rin: "There's a door here."
(52) Lellick: "I'd much rather have you in prime fighting condition. I would be very surprised if we don't run into something down here."
** (52) Lellick graps his holy symbol, reaching up to touch Agatha's arm and he intones, "May Tevesh ease this woman's pain and make her whole again." As the spell is cast, his hands glow with a faint white light, as well as her bruises. **
** (62) Rin closes his eyes, briefly, then peers about the room. He squints, then rubs at his forehead. A lot of magick. **
(52) Lellick: (Cure Light Wounds on Aggy, rolling for HP gain now)
(52) Lellick: [1d8+5] -> [2,5] = (7) -> [1,5] = (6)
(52) Lellick: (..oh well XD;; )
(74) Agatha: ((good enough))
** (74) Agatha follows Lellick through the doorway into the main chamber. **
(61) Git: "No shite." :dryly replies as he moves to the door, giving it a thorough going over for traps and lock.
** (62) Rin stands back to give Git some room to work, while holding the torch up to give him some light. **
(61) Git: "Well.. the door isn't locked, but..." :yanks hard on the knob: "It's damn stuck. You guys wanna give it some muscle?"
(74) Agatha: "If you can tell me it's not going to explode, I'll give her a try."
(62) Rin: "I'm.. reasonably certain it won't explode."
** (51) Kha goes to help open the door **
(51) Kha: Str check: [1d20+4] -> [16,4] = (20) -> [11,4] -> (11, 4) = (15)
(74) Agatha: "Oh, well that fills me past the brim with confidence it does.
** (51) Kha steps back "I could open it like I opened the hatch to get down here" **
** (74) Agatha sighs and lends her efforts to open the door. **
(61) Git: :turns quicky to Kha: "NO!"
** (51) Kha shrugs **
(74) Agatha: Str check: [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24) -> [1,4] -> (1, 4) = (5)
(51) Kha: (to Agatha) "Lets try together"
** (61) Git moves away while the others try to pry the door open. He begins searching along the walls for a switch or valve or some such, which will perhaps release air into the next chamber and release the seal. **
** (74) Agatha nearly trips on a bean vine. "Ack! Damn plants." **
** (74) Agatha turns to Kha. "Hmph. So be it. On three?" **
** (51) Kha moves next to Agatha and grips the Door handle "Ok" **

(1161) DM: ((last session, you set out from Heathwatch on the road to Caer Thorne. you travelled for a day or so and came across a strange clearing with ruins of a tower. there was a well in the clearing with a hatch leading below that you unlocked, and when the water drained...things happened. LOTS of things.))
(1161) DM: ((so now you're investigating this odd dungeon below the well.))
** (1145) Lellick stands back as the others mess with the door, looking idly around the room. **
(1165) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 22:16
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1165) Dj Gilcrease...
(1167) Sauro (enter): 22:17
(1161) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1142) Dj Gilcrease' from room...
(1142) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 22:17
(1167) Sauro (exit): 22:18
(1165) Kha: (( Bah computer rebooted itself ))
** (1165) Kha nods to Agatha "One" **
(1165) Kha: "Two"
** (1155) Rin takes several steps back. **
** (1165) Kha Yanks on the door to try and open it "Three!" **
(1165) Kha: Str check: [1d20+4] ==> [18] + {4} = (22)
(1160) Lunauc: (brb)
(1161) DM: The door opens a crack...and a wisp of smoke wafts through...
(1169) Thruxus (enter): 22:23
(1161) DM: It really is a heavily sealed door...and with good reason, as you open the door more fully, the chamber beyond is filled with smoke...
** (1155) Rin moves backwards a few more steps. **
(1161) DM: ...that rapidly escapes into the corridor where you are...
(1169) Thruxus (exit): 22:24
** (1165) Kha caughs and steps back to let the smoke flow out and though the hole they droped in though **
** (1160) Lunauc covers his mouth quickly and crouches low to the ground **
** (1155) Rin hunkers down as well. **
(1161) DM: The flow of the smoke doesn't abate. In fact, it seems to increase...
(1160) Lunauc: "Koff.. what the hell didya unleash now? hoff"
(1165) Kha: "Dont ask me, not like I can see though this smoke!"
** (1145) Lellick stumbles back a few steps before ducking down, covering his mouth and eyes. **
(1160) Lunauc: (does the smoke seem harmful?)
(1161) DM: (not that you can tell. it's just thick, roiling black smoke that threatens to choke you with its volume.)
** (1160) Lunauc grumbles as he crawls along the floor toward the doorway, listening for fires crackling or hissing of vents the smoke may be coming from. **
** (1160) Git grumbles as he crawls along the floor toward the doorway, listening for fires crackling or hissing of vents the smoke may be coming from. **
** (1165) Kha gets down low to the ground and follows Git trying to see or hear anything from in the room **
(1172) RenegadePeon (enter): 22:34
(1160) Git: "hmmm..." :stars feeling around for something, before glancing skyward.. as if he could see, or anyone see him doing it.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [6,16] = (22)
(1174) Lunauc (enter): 22:42
** (1145) Lellick pulls his arm from his mouth long enough to speak, still coughing a bit as he does. "Is this some sort of a trap?!" **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1174) Lunauc...
(1161) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1160) Lunauc' from room...
(1160) Lunauc (exit): 22:44
(1155) Rin: "More like some sort of annoyance."
(1174) Git: :calls back through the smoke, "Kha.. can you give me a lift?"
(1165) Kha: "Umm sure?"
(1174) Git: "Good.. I think our solution is on the ceiling."
** (1165) Kha crawls up to Git and lifts him up **
** (1174) Git uses Kha like a step ladder to reach up and feel around at the ceiling **
** (1159) Agatha coughs, "Then get moving!" **
(1161) DM: There is a whooshing sound inside the room. The entire area is filled with thick, roiling black smoke. Visibility is extremely reduced.
(1161) DM: (In addition, anyone inside the area takes 1 hp damage from smoke inhalation per round. 1 round so far.)
** (1165) Kha caughs "You almost done, I cant breath in here!" **
(1174) Git: "I can't reach. It's too damn high!"
(1155) Rin: "More people? Or someone taller?"
(1165) Kha: "How much further do you need to go up?"
(1174) Git: :hacks from the smoke: "Maybe a pyramid'll do."
** (1174) Git climbs down and orchestrates. "Aggy, Rinn, Kha.. you hold me up as high as you can, Lellick.. koff.. you're the top of the spire." **
(1165) Kha: (( Kha is 6' 6", and should be able to Lift Git above his head with Git standing on his hands, so that would put Git's feet 8' in the air ))
(1174) Git: (and then lellick on git's shoulders could finish the height)
(1145) Lellick: "..I'm what now??"
(1174) Git: to Lellick: "On my shoulders.. hurry."
** (1165) Kha puts his hands flat on his sholders so Git can stand on them and waits for Git to get ready **
** (1145) Lellick groans and heads in the direction of Git's voice with outstretched arms, climbing up on his shoulders once he manages to find him. **
(1174) Git: :to lellick: "Hold on tight.. and here.." :takes the halflings hand and shoves a cork in his palm: "PLug it with this."
** (1174) Git climbs up onto Aggy and Kha (cheerleader style) relying on their strength to get him and Lellick upright. **
(1161) DM: (3 rounds total now.)
** (1165) Kha lifts Git in the air slowly so he can keep his balance **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] -> [14,10] = (24)
** (1145) Lellick clings to Git until everything stopes moving, then cautiously reaches up to feel for the ceiling. **
(1161) DM: Something whooshes at Kha...something barely solid but hidden by all the smoke. It slams into him and threatens to collapse you onto the ground. (AC 24)
** (1155) Rin tilts his head, listening, while he takes a few cautious steps into the room. **
(1165) Kha: ((AC: 24 Normal, 19 Flatfoot))
(1161) DM: It seems to be a humanoid shape but composed of smoke. Just as quickly as it appeared, it slips back inside the smoke cloud.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d8] -> [5,1] = (6)
(1161) DM: (12 damage to Kha, Reflex to avoid breaking the pyramid)
(1165) Kha: Reflex save: [1d20+13] ==> [3] + {13} = (16)
** (1165) Kha grunts **
(1161) DM: (anyone who's on Kha drops to the ground)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [4] = (4)
(1161) DM: (4 falling damage)
(1174) Git: "Ahh!" :tries to land on the others for cushioning (tumble to avoid dmg)
(1174) Git: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [11,11] = (22)
(1161) DM: ((success))
** (1145) Lellick gives a brief, startled yell, then an 'omph' when he hits the ground. **
(1174) Git: "What the hell was that?"
** (1155) Rin winces, then backs out into the corridor, hunkering down to pull a scroll from his pack. "Is there some way to plug the smoke?" **
(1165) Kha: "Something lives in the smoke." ** stands back up **
(1174) Git: :to rin: "Yeah.. cork the bottle on the ceiling."
(1165) Kha: "What ever you are will you talk before knocking people down?" ** call into the smoke **
(1174) Git: "It's solid when it hit, right?" :to kha:
(1155) Rin: "Who has it?"
(1174) Git: :to rinn: "The cork.. Lellick does"
** (1145) Lellick slowly gets up to his feet, holding the cork out in the direction of Rin's voice. "Over here." **
(1165) Kha: "Solid enough to knock me down!"
(1174) Git: "Hoffkoff... godd.. then, someone can block it this time."
(1174) Git: "Hurry. and form again.. two on bottom and somebody's blocking."
(1155) Rin: "Lellick, come out into the corridor." He holds the scroll up close to his face, mumbling the words as he struggles against coughing.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [6] = (6)
(1155) Rin: "I'll take care of the smoke with Lellick, you just worry about whatever's in there."
** (1145) Lellick wanders in that direction, almost running into a wall before finding the door and stepping into the corridor. **
** (1165) Kha drops to the floor to try and avoid some of the smoke hoping the creature will answer him "Hello who and whatever you are would you mind talking?" **
** (1155) Rin reaches to gently grab Lellick's shoulder. "Here, put your arms around my neck. We're going to go up the wall." **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] -> [9,10] = (19)
** (1145) Lellick looks a little surprised, "..Okay.." but does as he's told. **
(1161) DM: There seems to be no (immediate) response from the smoke cloud. (5 rounds total.)
** (1174) Git kneels down, wondering what Rinn's planning, but remains patient. one hand holds a cloth over his mouth, while another hods a dagger ready. **
** (1155) Rin edges into the room, then begins to clamber up the wall and onto the ceiling, feeling around as he goes. **
** (1174) Git tries to listen for the whooshing movements of the smoke creature. **
** (1145) Lellick just holds on for dear life, trying to ignore the disorienting feeling of.. not being upright. **
(1161) DM: As Rin slowly ascends the wall of the smoky chamber, a humanoid form composed of smoke emerges from the cloud and flies directly at him, attempting to slam itself against his body. (AC 19)
(1174) Git: Dagger(thrown) Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [14,11] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
(1155) Rin: (That's a miss.)
(1161) DM: It quickly recoils and begins to shift form. (Init)
(1165) Kha: "Dont hurt it Git it seems to only be defending what ever it is you were trying to plug!"
(1165) Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] ==> [14] + {7} = (21)
** (1155) Rin jerks to the side, avoiding the smoky body, while he heads towards what he hopes is the center of the ceiling. **
(1174) Git: :shrugs: "I'm not even sure if I can hurt it."
(1155) Rin: Init: [1d20+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
(1174) Git: init:[1d20
(1174) Git: init: [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
(1145) Lellick: [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19)
(1159) Agatha: Init: [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(1161) DM: (21, Kha)
** (1165) Kha Consentrates a moment and draws power into himself **
** (1165) Kha is suddenly holding a short spear engulfed in flames **
(1165) Kha: (( done ))
(1161) DM: ((fyi, everyone is roughly within 10' of the form))
(1161) DM: ((19, Lel))
(1145) Lellick: (PMed a question)
** (1145) Lellick squints in the direction of the creature, declaring to it in a strong voice, "In the name of Tevesh... FLEE!" **
(1145) Lellick: (Casting Command, will negates, give me a sec and I'll get the DC for it)
(1145) Lellick: (DC is 18)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
(1145) Lellick: (Er.. no. It's 14, sorry. And done)
(1161) DM: It's form shimmers for a brief second, though it remains.
(1161) DM: ((10, Git))
(1174) Git: (delay)
(1174) Git: (done)
(1172) RenegadePeon (exit): 23:30
** (1165) Kha tries talking in elven "Hey whatever you are we dont want to hurt you we just cannot breath in this smoke!" **
** (1159) Agatha notes the caution in the others not to harm this...whatever it is. She holds back and waits for the creatures response. **
(1159) Agatha: ((creature's even))
(1159) Agatha: ((delay and done))
(1161) DM: The creature finishes shifting its form and suddenly becomes a column of ash that proceeds to attack Kha and Git.
(1161) DM: ((AOO))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] -> [5,10] = (15)
(1161) DM: (it misses fyi)
(1174) Git: Aelous Attack Roll: [1d20+13] -> [17,13] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d4+2+0] -> [2,2,0] = (4)
(1165) Kha: "Hey!"
(1165) Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+15] ==> [2] + {15} = (17) ===> Damage: [2d12+4] ==> [4, 8] + {4} = (16)
(1174) Git: "koff ..something tells me.. it doesn't care.. hak.."
(1165) Kha: "Obviously!"
(1174) Git: Sword, bastard used 2 handed Attack Roll: [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d10+0] -> [8,0] = (8)
(1174) Git: (oops.. ignore that)
(1161) DM: ((5, Rin))
** (1155) Rin continues to climb, until he feels a small ledge off to his left. Coughing, he clings to it, while trying to peer through the thick smoke. "I think.." Cough. "I think this is it.." **
(1159) Agatha: ((Agatha will be taking her initiative here))
(1159) Agatha: ((after Rin))
(1155) Rin: (I'm done.)
(1161) DM: ((6 rounds total. 21, Kha))
** (1159) Agatha takes her cue after the creature and goes at it with her greataxe. **
(1161) DM: (k)
(1159) Agatha: [1d20+15] -> [4,15] = (19)
** (1165) Kha strikes out with his spear "I didnt want to hurt you untill you attacked me" **
(1165) Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+15] ==> [10] + {15} = (25) ===> Damage: [2d12+4] ==> [7, 10] + {4} = (21)
(1165) Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+10] ==> [15] + {10} = (25) ===> Damage: [2d12+4] ==> [11, 10] + {4} = (25)
(1159) Agatha: ((brb afk))
(1161) DM: (19 is a miss.)
(1161) DM: The form gives no sign of having heard Kha. ((19, Git))
(1155) Rin: (Git is 10. >_>)
(1161) DM: (er, I mean Lel)
** (1145) Lellick gropes around the ledge, cork in hand, sticking it in whatever bottle or hole he manages to find first. **
(1145) Lellick: (done)
(1161) DM: ((Git, 10))
** (1174) Lunauc lets the dagger fall from his hand, as he reaches for the shiny new bastard sword on his back. Squaring his stance quickly, he takes a swing for the phantasmal figure. **
** (1174) Git lets the dagger fall from his hand, as he reaches for the shiny new bastard sword on his back. Squaring his stance quickly, he takes a swing for the phantasmal figure. **
(1174) Git: Dancing +3 Bastardsword(2nd) Attack Roll: [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d10+3+0] -> [5,3,0] = (8)
(1174) Git: Dancing +3 Bastardsword Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [19,10] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d10+3+0] -> [5,3,0] = (8)
(1174) Git: (second rolls the right one)
(1145) Lellick: "It's not working! It's not.. sticking in for some reason!"
(1155) Rin: "Can you.. plug it with a finger or something?"
(1174) Git: "Hakk... push harder!"
(1161) DM: ((10, Ag))
** (1159) Agatha goes all out on the monster, not quite sure what to make of it. ((full attack)) **
(1159) Agatha: 1st attack: [1d20+15] -> [18,15] = (33) attack, [1d12+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
(1161) DM: The form collapses into a pile of ash. The smoke continues to flow out of the room, unabated. ((7 rounds total.))
** (1159) Agatha stands over the fallen pile of ash. "Koff, kaff. What the hell was that thing?" **
(1174) Git: "Annoying."
(1145) Lellick: (Combat over?)
** (1159) Agatha shouts back in the smoke. "Lellick, kaff, plug it now!" **
(1161) DM: (yep)
** (1165) Kha pokes the ash pile **
(1174) Git: "Cover it with your hand if you have to."
(1161) DM: It's lifeless, whatever it was.
** (1145) Lellick gives a few harsh coughs as he hurriedly unwraps the bandages from his right hand, wrapping it as best he can around the cork and the bottle's neck before outright closing his hand over it. **
(1161) DM: Wisps of smoke continually pours out from the bottle.
(1161) DM: Judging from the amount of smoke in the area, it'll be a while before it fully clears. (8 rounds total)
(1174) Git: "What's the problem, lellick?" :hakk hakk:
** (1165) Kha goes back out to the room with the plants **
(1145) Lellick: "I think I've got it enough. The cork won't stay in. It might have its own stopper somewhere...?"
(1174) Git: "How hard is it to cover the mouth of the bottle with your palm until we find it?" :asks as he begins scouring for the right cork, starting by the door, hoping it was attached by a trip line.
(1159) Agatha: ((afk for a while. food. food that took forever for me to cook))
** (1155) Rin just hangs out on the ledge with Lellick. **
** (1145) Lellick coughs again before answering, "Not hard. I'll be fine up here." **
(1161) DM: It seems to be a rather large area, and smoke is slowly filtering out of the room.
(1165) Kha: (( AFK for a smoke ))
** (1174) Git searches down the stairs for the proper cork, grabbing his daggers along the way **
(1174) Git: "hmmm.. do you think you can pry the bottle from the ceiling?"
(1185) Lellick (enter): 00:25
(1186) Lunauc (enter): 00:27
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1186) Lunauc...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1185) Lellick...
(1161) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1174) Lunauc' from room...
(1174) Lunauc (exit): 00:29
(1161) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1145) Lellick' from room...
(1145) Lellick (exit): 00:30
(1161) DM: ((it's sitting on a ledge above the door...))
(1186) Lunauc (exit): 00:32
(1186) Lunauc (enter): 00:32
(1165) Kha: (( I think I am getting old, I am starting to fade and I have only been up for 16 hours ))
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1186) Lunauc...
(1161) DM: ((if you need to go, go..., we can carry on))
whispering to Lellick, 9 rounds now
(1186) Git: (Yes.. there's absolutely no reason for you to feel like less of a man for not being able to stay up. There's no shame in lacking stamina.)
** (1185) Lellick tries keeping both hands clamped to the top of the bottle now, leaning away from what little smoke is still coming out. **
(1165) Kha: ok, I I'll see ya tomarrow
(1165) Kha: Disconnecting from server...
(1165) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 00:38
(1161) DM: ((going to FF a bit. Git, you can take 20 if you like searching the room. In that time, you don't find the stopper.))
(1161) DM: ((or rather, you don't find ANOTHER stopper.))
(1186) Git: (could I try fashioning a cap from some leather and sinew twine?)
(1161) DM: ((sure.))
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(1155) Rin' from server... Removing dead client
(1155) Rin (exit): 00:42
(1186) Git: (is it still attached to the ceiling? I only ask since lellick is holding it with both hands, when he was on Rinn's back.)
** (1186) Git cuts a bit of leather from his satchel's flap and cuts some twine from the bindings of his bracer, to make an impromptu cap from the weakly stoppered bottle. **
(1161) DM: ((it was never attached to the ceiling. it was sitting on a ledge above the door...))
(1189) Silverstar (enter): 00:48
(1186) Git: (well, I missed that part, do to disconnection, sorry)
(1189) Silverstar (exit): 00:48
(1161) DM: ((np. and Rin just d/ced))
(1186) Git: (thus zapping him to PC limbo and dropping his rider Lellick from the ceiling)
(1186) Git: (does the mock cap work?)
(1185) Lellick: (Haha, like Lel needs to take any more damage..)
(1161) DM: ((no))
(1161) DM: ((so now what?))
(1159) Agatha: "Think you can make your way through the smoke and see what's past the door, Git?"
** (1186) Git gets out his trusty old disguise kit trying. Employing some soft wax putty, he tries to make a seal around the small cork and finish it off with the leather cap. **
(1186) Git: "Probably.. though I'd prefer to be able to breathe."
(1159) Agatha: "It'll clear up, kaff, soon enough."
(1161) DM: The seal barely holds.
(1186) Git: :hands off the sloppily stopped bottle to Aggy.: "Remind me to go cork shopping later."
** (1186) Git moves in to check the new room, as the smoke begins to clear. **
whispering to Gautam, The bottle immediately begins shaking as if pressure is building up inside and threatens to undo the seal.
(1161) DM: It seems to be an empty chamber, roughly 50' wide, albeit octagonal shaped. There seems to be no other exits from the room.
(1186) Git: "This is sort of a let down." :looks about the blank chamber quizzically.: (no markings or pictures or such on the walls or ceilings?)
(1185) Lellick: "I'd say. All that trouble just for this?.."
** (1159) Agatha looks down at the bottle and picks it up. "Well that doesn't look good." **
(1186) Git: :to aggy: "What now?"
(1161) DM: (nope)
(1159) Agatha: "I don't think this seal is gonna hold."
(1161) DM: The bottle is shaking violently as if the pressure inside threatens to undo the seal.
** (1159) Agatha trots then runs back to the well and hurls it at the ground away from her. **
** (1186) Git begins a search along the walls, a dagger in each hand, one's blade scouring for odd grooves while the pommel of the other beats along the stone listening for hollow caversn beyond. **
(1186) Git: (search along the walls clockwise from the doorway)
(1186) Git: :calls after aggy: "Throw it outside."
(1197) Fairweather (enter): 01:11
** (1185) Lellick rubs at the back of his neck, watching Git work. "Outside? ... I guess we already did announce our presence here, with all that earlier..." **
whispering to Lunauc, well you do find the four secret doors above
** (1186) Git completes his circle of the room, then resturns to the northwest wall and feels around **
(1185) Lellick: "Find anything?"
(1186) Git: "Yeah... four doors."
(1200) Spectator (enter): 01:23
(1200) Spectator (exit): 01:25
** (1159) Agatha walks back from the hatch entrance. "Hopefully that bottle will run itself out before we're done here. **
(1161) DM: ((kinda fading myself))
(1161) DM: ((I think we should table things here. there's a reason the 4 player rule is a house rule.))
(1185) Lellick: (No argument here)
(1186) Git: (No problem/ Conserve your energy)
(1161) DM: ((well its not just that. 3 players isn't a lot of fun.))


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms