Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
6 users online
1 Registered
0 Hidden
5 Guests
Registered Users: Joshuatwern


Back to Tolmara Logs
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated

Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(3187) DM: Kha is entertaining the crowd as you come onto the scene, waiting to get into the town.
(3187) DM: There's a small group of children gathered around him as he's juggling.
** (3219) Git watches Kha for a moment, before suggesting wisely, "Let us pretend we do not know him." **
** (3155) Dj Gilcrease waves to Git an drops the rocks in the proccess **
** (3155) Kha waves to Git an drops the rocks in the proccess **
** (3196) Lellick chuckles a little, softly. "I don't know, it might make us look harmless in association." **
** (3219) Git groans and looks away, pretending he didn't see the spearman. **
(3155) Kha: "Oops, forgot I need both hands to juggle"
** (3155) Kha bens down and picks up the rocks again and sends them looping though his hands **
(3219) Git: :whispers to Lellick: "It's harmless now... But if I know Kha, in a moment he's going to do something to aggrevate the guards and get into trouble."
(3196) Lellick: "Mmm, I can't argue with you there."
(3187) DM: People laugh and clap appreciatively.
(3155) Kha: "Hey Git, your good with your hands, want to try?"
(3219) Git: :manages to keep his brow from twitching as he avoids eye contact with Kha:
** (3196) Lellick just looks towards the ground, actually smiling a little. **
** (3155) Kha shrugs and looks down at the children "You want to try?" **
(3187) DM: Several take you up on your offer.
** (3219) Git tries to ignore Kha, while taking in the condition of line, how fast it is moving and the mood of the guards. **
(3187) DM: A few of the guards take note of the scene, watching impassively.
** (3155) Kha squats down and tries to show each of the children how to juggle **
(3187) DM: One of them walks forward with purpose.
(3155) Kha: (in elven) "Git if you are going to pretend you dont know me, go back to your place in line. I wont let strangers cut infront of all these nice people who have been waiting all day to get in"
(3187) Guard: "You there," (pointing to Kha)
(3219) Git: (haven't moved from his spot in line)
** (3155) Kha turns to the guard and stands up "Excuse me children, Yes?" **
(3155) Kha: (( you had to to find Kha, he got there hours before you =P ))
(3219) Git: (yeah, I figure we're near the back of the line.)
(3246) Gautam (enter): 22:13
(3187) Guard: "This is expressly forbidden in the name of Her Grace." (sternly)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3246) Gautam...
(3155) Kha: "Enertainment is forbiden?"
(3219) Git: :groans under his breath: "Here we go."
(3187) Guard: "Disorder is forbidden."
(3187) DM: A few of the children look despondent, as if resigned to this turn of events.
** (3196) Lellick starts paying a little more attention when he sees the guard walk up to Kha, inching backwards slightly. **
** (3155) Kha looks around "Good thing all is in order then, thank you for letting me know though. I am new to these parts and would hate to break any rules unknowingly" **
** Guard nods curtly, as he waves off the children back to their respective places in line. "If you wish to entertain, you must have permission of the Order of Masquers within the city." **
** (3155) Kha nods "I shall head there right away" **
(3187) Guard: "See to it that you do." (turns smartly on his heel and returns to his post)
(3219) Git: :raises a brow and quirks a slight grin: "Oh.. that went batter than I thought it would."
** (3155) Kha sticks his tongue out at the guards backside **
(3219) Git: :slaps his forehead:
** (3155) Kha Consentrates a moment and draws power into himself **
** (3155) Kha returns to waiting in line quietly trying to suppress a laugh **
(3187) DM: The crowd breaks into laughter, riotous laughter and jeers as the image of a funny face appears on the back of the retreating guard's head.
(3187) DM: For his part, the guard turns around with a bemused, yet stern expression on his face.
(3219) Git: "Idiot." :comments solemnly, before shaking his head:
(3187) DM: Titters break out amongst some of the guards at the head of the line.
(3187) Guard: "What is it now?"
** (3155) Kha continues tooking at the ground trying not to laugh **
(3187) DM: The guard becomes increasingly furious, yet puzzled at the source of the crowd's hilarity, then looks over his shoulder at his fellows, who just as quickly, try to wipe their grins off their faces.
** (3246) Agatha just smirks at the foolish situation. **
** (3196) Lellick mutters, "I have never been quite so grateful that he chose to go ahead without us..." **
(3187) DM: One of the guards, most likely a superior, takes command of the situation and orders his men to stand down, beckoning to the furious guardsman.
** (3219) Git eyes the superior officer, while citing dryly, "I would have liked for us to slip in unnoticed. Here, we haven't even entered the gates, and he's raising noteriety. This is not good." **
** Edaric hustles the guardsman inside the gates, and returns to the forefront. **
(3187) DM: The crowd continues laughing uproariously as the guardsman retreats inside the gates.
** (3155) Kha finaly looks up from the ground after the guard has entered the gate house **
(3246) Agatha: "Bah, they're city guards. They ought to be used to it."
** Edaric seems to be watching Kha intently, as the crowd moves forward, agonizingly slow inch by inch. **
** (3219) Git gives a weary exhale to Aggy's words and quietly holds his place in line. **
** (3155) Kha marches along mouthing words of a poem to himself for enertainment **
(3219) Git: (afk a sec)
** (3196) Lellick calms down a little when nothing else happens right away, looking around at all the other people in line as he waits. **
** (3155) Kha turns to the guard who took over as they start to pass though the gate "Could you tell me where to find the Order of Masquers, I forgot to ask the fellow who told me I must speak with them before enertaining" **
(3187) Edaric: "State your name and purpose here, peasant" (to Kha)
** Edaric waits a moment, hands on hips. "Well...?" **
** (3155) Kha scoffs at the guard Peasant, you take me for a lowly peasant. I will be given the respect I am due, I am Kha Operan, Servent of the Dreamlord. Slayer of Efriti, Dreamer of Worlds." **
** (3155) Kha tries to look important in his snakeskin outfit **
** Edaric raises his eyebrows at your proclamation. "Indeed." **
(3187) Edaric:
"And why do you wish to enter Heathwatch?"
(3155) Kha:
"I am unsure, the Dreamlord told me to come so I came."
** Edaric glances over to a guard, who seems to be staring at Kha intently, as if in rapt concentration. He shakes his head slightly, almost imperceptibly. **
(3155) Kha:
Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17)
(3219) Git:
(can we hear all of this from our position in line?)
(3187) Edaric:
"Very interesting. Well, since you're a stranger here, MASTER Opren, a word to the wise: magi who are not sworn to Her Grace's service are inducted by order of Lady Almeena. The only worship tolerated by Her Grace is that of Solnor, although that may soon be coming to an end."
(3187) DM:
(Listen)
** (3219) Git watches the interaction between Kha and the guards, making sure they aren't readying weapons. **
(3219) Git:
Listen Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [8,9] = (17)
(3246) Agatha:
Listen check: [1d20+6] -> [7,6] = (13)
(3187) Guard:
"Now, I don't want to hear another instance of you causing disorder while you're within the city. I have my eye on you, peasant, of that you can be sure."
(3196) Lellick:
[1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
(3155) Kha:
"I am not a Magi, I am a servent of the Dreamlord. I have no plans to cause disorder, but I do need to know where the Order of Masquers is, so I can get permition to enertain"
(3187) Edaric:
"The Masquers' guildhall is within the Guild District." (gives you directions there)
(3187) Edaric:
"Now, move along!"
** (3155) Kha nods
"Thank you" continues into the city, moving to the side of the steet so he can slow down and wait for Git and the others **
(3187) DM:
A street urchin notices Kha and runs up to him.
** (3219) Git lets out a slow sigh of relief, as Kha enters the city with surprising ease. **
** (3155) Kha looks at the child **
(3187) Cerwyth:
Um....um....I couldn't help overhearing...you're Kha? Kha Opren?
(3155) Kha:
"I am"
** (3155) Kha puffs up a little **
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Um...uh, I have a package to give to you."
(3155) Kha:
"Ahh that is interesting, I was not expacting a package, but the Dreamlord can be un informitive at times. Where should I pick the package up?"
** Cerwyth pulls out a small wooden box from a pouch and hands it to Kha. "Um, a knight told me to find you, saying you'd be coming here soon." **
(3263) Amreth (enter): 22:53
** (3155) Kha takes the package and hands the child a few gold coins
"Thank you, is the Knight still in town do you know?" **
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Um, uh, no, I don't." (shudders) "And by the Nine, I hope to ne'er see him again."
(3155) Kha:
"That scary? I guess I dont want to meet him either then"
(3266) Lunauc (enter): 22:55
** (3155) Kha muses "Wonder what the package is?" **
** Cerwyth nods. "Tall, spooky and wearing black armor. Raspy voice." **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3266) Lunauc...
(3187) TaliesinNYC:
Booting '(3219) Lunauc' from room...
(3219) Lunauc (exit): 22:56
(3155) Kha:
"Say would you like a little work while I am in town?"
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Sure!" (brightens considerably)
(3155) Kha:
"Great, I always hate entering a city the first time, I feel lost. So first thing, I need a respectable in for myself and five others"
** (3155) Kha looks around the crowd while sliping the package into his bag **
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Well, one would be The Garden Inn, near the Guild District."
(3187) Cerwyth:
"I could bring you there if you want."
(3155) Kha:
"That would be great, let me just grab my friends first so we dont get seperated."
** (3155) Kha waves to Git and the others to catch up and follow **
(3155) Kha:
"So whats your name, I was rude and forgot to ask"
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Um, Cerwyth." (looks up at Kha adoringly)
(3155) Kha:
"Alrighty Cerwyth, I think I got my friends atention now, so lead on Sir Guide"
(3266) Git:
(aren't we still in line?)
(3187) DM:
((I'm FFing))
(3266) Git:
(okey doke)
(3155) Kha:
(( I hope the rest of you are at least following Kha at a distance ))
(3266) Git:
(at a distance, at least until we're out of sight of the gate guards)
(3187) DM:
Eventually you make your way to the Garden Inn, a rather large inn in Heathwatch, near the Guild District as promised by Cerwyth. It seems well off compared to other places you've been in in the past.
(3155) Kha:
(( lets see theres Me, Agatha, Git, Lellick, and J'hzuu. am I missing anyone? ))
** (3155) Kha enters the
Inn and looks around waiting for the Innkeep **
** (3266) Git catches up with Kha as they enter the inn. "So... what's going on?" **
(3187) DM:
((J'hz isn't here tonight so he's in limbo))
(3155) Kha:
"Finding us a place to stay, Cerwyth here has been kind enough to help me after he gave me a package that was waiting for me"
(3155) Kha:
(( Ya, just number of PC's so I rent the right number of rooms ))
(3187) DM:
A dawn elf greets you at the door. "How can I help you?"
(3266) Git:
:raises a brow: "A packaging... waiting for you... here?"
(3155) Kha:
"I would like six rooms please, and is there a bath in this establishment or a nearby bath house?"
** (3155) Kha glances at gid
"Interestingly enough yes" **
(3155) Kha:
(( *Git ))
(3266) Git:
"..... from whom?"
** (3155) Kha shrugs to Git then refocuses on the Dawn Elf **
** (3196) Lellick follows along, blinking at overhearing that. **
(3187) Verthael:
"That'll be...(thinks)...6 crowns per evening. Includes meals but not drinks. There is a common washroom."
** (3155) Kha pulls fourty five crowns out of hit pouch and hands it to the Inn keep,
"That should cover a week, plus common ale. If my friends want something stronger they can pay for it themselves" **
(3155) Kha:
(( *his ))
** Verthael nods, beaming. "Very good. The walls are soundproofed, by the way. So you can be assured of your privacy." **
** (3246) Agatha looks at Kha in surprise and then looks around to see if anyone noticed. **
(3155) Kha:
"That is very good." ** Takes the keys and hands one to each of his friends and one to Cerwyth ** "Bath, then change, then food sounds good to me."
** Cerwyth seems surprised. "Um, for me?" **
(3155) Kha:
"If you are going to help me I dont want to have to be searching the city for you when I need you. So I figure I would get you a room."
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Oh, sure." (smiles happily)
(3246) Agatha:
"Kha, he's a child, for crying out loud. Probably has folks and a home to go back to, don't ya lad?"
** (3155) Kha looks at Agatha then at the boys close then back **
(3155) Kha:
(( *clothing ))
(3246) Agatha:
"What? And your wardrobe is so great?"
(3155) Kha:
"Go check out your room Cerwyth and let me know if it is up to your standards"
(3155) Kha:
(( he is a street Urchin ))
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Well...no, not really. My ma got taken away." (looks down at the ground, ashamed)
(3246) Agatha:
((urchins can still have parents, or at least a business pimp to report to =P)
(3187) Cerwyth:
"That was two or three years ago." (mutters)
(3155) Kha:
"It's ok Cerwyth, losing a parent is nothing to be ashamed of"
** Cerwyth scampers up the stairs and heads to his room, after flashing you a grin. **
(3246) Agatha:
((Alright your-so-smart, there can still be a business pimp. I read Oliver Twist. I know what's up))
** (3196) Lellick smiles faintly, shaking his head. "Well then. Are we to get to business?" **
(3246) Agatha:
((Okay, I never read the book, but I saw the movie, dammit!))
** (3155) Kha goes over to the Innkeep
"Where would the nearest clothing shop be? Master Cerwyth is in need of some new clothing after his bath" **
(3266) Git:
(brb)
** (3155) Kha glances at Lellick
"Business? If you mean the package I'll open that after I bath and eat" **
(3196) Lellick:
"Not.. entirely what I meant, no. But are you sure you want to open that without examining it first?"
(3155) Kha:
"No"
** (3196) Lellick just sort of stares at him. **
(3155) Kha:
"Thats why it can wait"
(3196) Lellick:
"..ah. Yes."
(3155) Kha:
"I am hungry, my feet are sore and I stink. Those need to be delt with first." ** pauses as if just comprehending what you said ** "What did you mean then?"
(3246) Agatha:
"This town may not be crowded with slavers, but there's bound to be a few people doing business here. We need to find them and figure out where to go from here."
(3266) Git:
:nods to Aggy: "True, we must have been sent to this particular city for some reason. We can start asking around soon."
(3155) Kha:
"We'll talk later where it is safer" ** turns back to the Innkeep ** so where is the Marketplace?"
** (3155) Kha trots upstairs after reciving directions and fetches Cerwyth
"Bath, food then shoping sound good to you?" **
(3155) Kha:
(( AFK for a smoke while the Bath / Food thing happens ))
(3266) Git:
:following kha upstairs: "Kha.. may I see that 'package' now?"
** Cerwyth is too busy having his first real bath in ages. **
** (3155) Kha pulls the package out and hands it to Git,
"Dont oppen it till I get back, but please check it out, I remember I got laied low by something on a door handle once, not a plesant experiance" **
(3266) Git:
"Right... I'll keep it a surprise for you." :offers dryly as he retires to his room and goes to work examining the small box for traps. He goes over it at least three times to be safe.
(3187) DM:
Something rattles inside.
whispering to Lunauc, roll dem bones
whispering to Lunauc, you can take 10 if you want
(3266) Git:
Search Skill Check: [1d20+16] -> [12,16] = (28)
(3266) Git:
Search Skill Check: [1d20+16] -> [8,16] = (24)
(3266) Git:
Search Skill Check: [1d20+16] -> [4,16] = (20)
(3187) DM:
It's a wooden box, sealed by a drop of reddish wax.
(3196) Lellick:
(afk for a few minutes)
(3266) Git:
(is there a insignia or design to the box or seal?)
(3187) DM:
(the image of a rose)
(3187) DM:
(on the seal)
(3155) Kha:
(( back ))
** (3155) Kha finishes bathing and gets drest in some nice clean clothing and enters the common room and takes a seat waiting for Cerwyth to finish his bath **
** Cerwyth comes down into the common room eventually. He really seems like a different person underneath all that mud and grime. **
** (3266) Git comes down after his box review. "Well... it doesn't seem dangerous." **
(3155) Kha:
"Are you Hungry Cerwyth? Ahh that is good Git, I'll open it after I return from the market"
(3266) Git:
:eyes Kha: "Aren't you taking all of this much too lightly?"
** Cerwyth is staring at the lunch buffet laid out by the bar. **
(3155) Kha:
"Everyone keeps telling me to be more cautious and when I do they think I have lost my mind" ** shakes his head **
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Um, uh...pinch me please."
(3187) DM:
It appears to be more food than he's seen in a long while.
(3155) Kha:
"Your not dreaming"
(3187) Cerwyth:
"What do you want from me?" (to Kha, suspiciously)
(3155) Kha:
"Anyway in the true Dream realm pinching you would just hurt not wake you up"
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Jeryn always says that no one gives something for nothing. What do you want from me?"
(3266) Git:
:plops to a seat: "Jeryn...?"
(3187) Cerwyth:
"He's the head of my gang....---"
** Cerwyth shuts up as soon as he says that, realizing he's said too much. **
(3155) Kha:
"Wanted to know a good Inn, and next I will want to know where a good Gem shop is. After that I dont know. Information about the city?"
(3155) Kha:
"You are free to leave or refuse to do anything I ask."
(3187) DM:
The common room is half-filled, with merchants and tradespeople at this time of day. They talk amongst themselves and pay you little mind.
** (3155) Kha gets up and goes to the Baffet and fills a plate then sits back down to eat **
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Well..."
(3187) Cerwyth:
"After my ma was taken away, I dun' have any family left. Jeryn is all I got."
(3266) Git:
:sighs: "You say your mother was 'taken away'... my I ask in what sense?"
(3187) Cerwyth:
"She couldn't pay money to the Lady." (glumly)
(3187) Cerwyth:
"She got sold off to the slavemarket."
** (3155) Kha grunts **
(3266) Git:
"I see. I'm sorry to hear that."
(3266) Git:
"And this Jeryn.. how old is he?"
(3187) Cerwyth:
"I been living on the streets by my wits and now with my gang. They asked me to steal. I can't..."
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Couple years older than me."
(3187) DM:
(11 y/o in other words)
(3155) Kha:
"Thats good, never steal unless it be food to live on"
(3266) Git:
:gives a whistle: "Determined brats."
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Well, to join the guild. Its a condition of belonging, Jeryn says." (looks away)
** (3246) Agatha grips the fork tightly in her hand. She almost bends the metal as she tries to hide her anger. **
(3266) Git:
"What guild? Is there a thieves' guild about?"
(3155) Kha:
"Then find a better guild, I can try to help with that if you would like"
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Really?" (eyes grow wide) "Really?"
(3155) Kha:
"I'll do what I can. What are you most interested in doing?"
(3187) Cerwyth:
"There is, supposed to be." (to Git) "The Blackcloaks do everything they can to find about Midnight's guild, so it goes."
** (3196) Lellick remains quiet, mostly just listening to the others talk, though he takes a look around the room every now and then. **
(3266) Git:
"Midnight, huh?"
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Those guards you spoke to, they're part of the Blackcloaks, Lady Almeena's army and guard here in town."
(3305) No Name (enter): 00:08
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Midnight is the head of Midnight's Band, the thieves' guild here in town."
(3305) No Name (exit): 00:08
(3266) Git:
:thinks for a moment befor asking: "This Jeryn, does he have ties to this Midnight's guild?"
(3155) Kha:
"Snoby lot them."
(3187) Cerwyth:
"No one's ever seen him or her."
(3187) Cerwyth:
"I dunno. Maybe."
(3266) Git:
"I'd like to meet Jeryn then, if it is possible."
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Well...I could send a message to him then, if you want."
(3266) Git:
"Please do."
(3266) Git:
:turns to Kha: "And may I suggest before you go off shopping, we find out what is in the box?"
(3307) Toe (enter): 00:12
(3155) Kha:
"So was there a particular Guild you were interested in Cerwyth?"
** (3155) Kha nods to Git
"Ok" **
(3187) Cerwyth:
"I dunno, really."
(3246) Agatha:
"Aye, it's too strange that anyone knows we're here, let alone this spooky fella you described."
(3187) Cerwyth:
"All I know been livin' by my wits. I'd like to be a bard though. I like to sing and write."
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Before my ma was taken away, she had me some schoolin'."
** (3155) Kha finishes the last bite of his food
"Well I have to stop by the Order of Masquers, after I open this box and before I go shoping, would you like to come?" **
(3155) Kha:
"Well lets go see whats in this box."
** (3155) Kha heads up the stairs to his room, leaving the door open so the others can all crowd in **
** (3266) Git follows after Kha **
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Sure!" (smiles brightly)
(3187) DM:
He seems genuinely enthusiastic, more than before.
** (3155) Kha picks up the box and gives it a once over then takes out a piece of paper and some charcol and does a rubbing of the seal before opening it **
(3155) Kha:
"Thats great, I like doing poetry and singing from time to time, though I am not very good"
(3187) DM:
It's a wooden box, about the size of a small fist, and sealed with a drop of reddish wax. Imprinted on the wax is the image of a rose.
** (3155) Kha takes one last look at the seal then pops it open and opens the box slowly **
** (3155) Kha peeks inside the bok then opens it all the way **
(3187) DM:
Within is a rolled up scroll and a thornless black rose.
** (3155) Kha picks up the rose carfully and sniffs it
"Strange color" **
(3155) Kha:
"This rose goes well with the poem I recided to those elves carrying the coffin that were stuck in the dream"
** (3155) Kha sets the rose to the side then picks up the scroll and looks it over quickly before unrolling it to read **
(3266) Git:
"I still says this is strag
(3266) Git:
(oops.. ingore that)
(3266) Git:
"What poen is that?"
** (3155) Kha stops unrollin the scroll just before he was about to read it. **
(3155) Kha:
I bring Death
I breath Death
I live Death
I am Death

The shadows are my armor
The night my shelter
Death my blessing

The sound my enemy
The movment my target
Death my curse

I bring Death
I breath Death
I live Death
I am Death

The children cry
as I lay their parents down.
Their sound silenced
before I move on.

My minds gone
numb to the pain
My thoughts twisted
by the Death I bring.

(3187) DM:
The scroll has a simple one line message: "Meet me in the reserved room of The Sapphire Circle at moonrise tonight."
** (3155) Kha glances at the scroll then back up after finishing his poem.
"Where is the Sapphire Circle?" **
** Cerwyth looks up from scarfing into an apple cider glazed doughnut. "Munch, chew...mmph." **
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Oh, um, it's a tavern near the gate to the Magus District."
(3155) Kha:
"I am too meet someone there tonight at moonrise."
(3155) Kha:
"It does not say to go alone, so anyone want to join me?"
(3266) Git:
"And miss the strange armored figure sending you secret meeting notes. og course I'll come."
** (3155) Kha stands and while holding the letter it suddenly bursts into flame then crumbles to dust **
(3246) Agatha:
"Aye, I'll cover your back. I ain't one for mysteries, especially now. Let's find out what this blighter wants and how he found us and then tell him to bugger off."
(3155) Kha:
"Great." ** turns and diggs into his pack and pulls out a few things before sligning it back over his sholder ** "Ready to stop by the Order of Masquers Cerwyth?"
** Cerwyth almost chokes on seeing Kha burn the letter to a crisp. "You didn't tell me you were a magus!" **
(3155) Kha:
"I am not a Magus" ** he says calmly ** "My parents practiced that art, I follow my own path"
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Um, okay..."
(3307) Toe (exit): 00:36
(3187) Cerwyth:
"They'll take you away if you're not careful."
** (3246) Agatha sighs. "You really have to stop showing off, lad. Draws too much attention." **
** (3155) Kha shrugs **
(3155) Kha:
"Better burrning a letter in my own room then walking the street with my spear"
(3246) Agatha:
"Aye, that's true. But at the rate we're going, it won't be long 'fore we brought to fight in the street."
** (3155) Kha places the rose back into the box along with the two items he pulls out of his pack and starts out the door **
** Cerwyth licks his fingers and glances longingly at the buffet table before joining Kha at the door. **
(3187) DM:
(I'm not going to RP shopping, fyi.)
(3155) Kha:
"Any of you wish to accompany us to the Order of Masquers?" ** he says as he walks out the door **
(3266) Git:
"Umm.. no thank you. I have a few other thigs I would like to check on."
(3155) Kha:
(( thats fine, I want to stop by the Order and talk to them about getting permision to enertain, and about getting Cerwyth enrolled. though ))
(3187) DM:
The streets bustle with activity. Merchants hawk their wares, adventurers like yourselves take in the sights, street entertainers and buskers play to the crowds, Blackcloaks maintain order, beggars jostle against passersby.
** (3266) Git goes to work gathering what information he can while Kha is out. **
** (3246) Agatha follows behind Kha and Cerwyth, unsure which one she should keep a closer eye on. **
** (3155) Kha keeps a close guard on his coin purse as he makes his way to the Orders place **
(3187) DM:
(interact in the main window please, I'll try to keep up)
** (3155) Kha enters the Orders build and looks around
"I was told I need to speak to someone here to register to enertain. I also have some other questions" **
(3155) Kha:
(( *building ))
(3187) DM:
The Masquers guildhall is a grand theater and one of the tallest buildings that you've seen in Heathwatch so far. (About 4 stories tall and constructed mostly from wood, although the front has a marble facade.)
(3187) Demain:
"That's correct. You must be a native of Kern in order to register, or failing that, pass a series of auditions."
(3187) Demain:
"Or failing that, you may pay a fee to earn a license to entertain for up to one year's time. Which shall it be?"
(3187) DM:
A merchant asks Git, "What would you like to know?"
(3155) Kha:
"Oh, I am just passing threw and got yelled at by the guards for juggling to keep the children amused while waiting to get into the city. I guess I do not need to register myself, but Cerwyth here would like to."
(3187) Demain:
"And are you his parent or legal guardian? He would need to become an apprentice seeing as he is below the Age of Reckoning."
(3155) Kha:
"What is required for legal guardianship. His mother has been missing for some time so he has been living off the street and I wish to help him by getting him off the streets"
(3187) Demain:
"I see." (purses his lip)
(3187) Demain:
"I suppose you could be his next of kin then." (between you and I)
(3187) Demain:
"Are you willing to sponsor Cerwyth into the guild?"
(3155) Kha:
"Yes, I am"
(3155) Kha:
"Do you only teach how to enertain here or do you teach some blade work as well?"
(3187) Demain:
"Very well then. Since he is below the Age, the entry fee is double for each year below. That would be 10 crowns per year. If you have a diamond-in-amber gluditch, I will waive the entry fee for this and successive years."
(3246) Agatha:
"A what now?"
(3187) Demain:
"Busking, masquing, entertaining, bladework and if he is apt, lorecraft. When he reaches the Age of Reckoning, a magus will see if he possesses talent in the Art, whereupon he will be Tested."
(3187) Demain:
"A diamond-in-amber gluditch, madame."
(3155) Kha:
'Since I do not know what a Diamond-in-amber gluditch is I doubt I have one. So since he is Ten, this years price would be?"
(3187) Demain:
"10 crowns, sirrah."
(3321) Lunauc (enter): 01:09
(3187) DM:
(basically a diamond-in-amber gluditch is a diamond encased in a piece of amber. extremely rare form of currency)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3321) Lunauc...
(3187) TaliesinNYC:
Booting '(3266) Lunauc' from room...
(3266) Lunauc (exit): 01:09
(3246) Agatha:
"What's the Age of Reckoning in these parts?"
whispering to Lunauc, did you get my whispers about abolitonists?
(3187) Demain:
"Three and ten years, madame."
(3246) Agatha:
"Aye, so that's...17 crowns and 5 falcons for three years?"
(3155) Kha:
"Oh that is including the dubled price. Very well" ** hands the man 10 crowns ** "That should cover this years. I will get back to you with the rest, which would be another seven and a half crowns?"
** Demain nods. **
** Cerwyth is astonished. "You don't have to..." **
** (3155) Kha unstraps the long dagger from his chest and tosses it to Cerwyth
"This should give you an edge in the blade work, it is an extreamly well made dagger. Guard it well as you learn" **
** Cerwyth catches it neatly. "Wow." **
(3246) Agatha:
"What the blazes are you doing?!"
(3155) Kha:
"I dont use it"
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Oh, um, thank you very muchly. I, um, I don't know what to say."
** (3246) Agatha snatches the blade away from Cerwyth. "Urchin or not, you don't give a child a dagger to play with!" **
(3155) Kha:
"Thank you is good enough." ** turns to Agatha ** "It is my dagger, and he will need a weapon to learn with when they start teaching him blade work. He can use that one when the time comes, no kindly give it back to him"
(3155) Kha:
(( *now ))
(3246) Agatha:
"Aye, when that time comes, I'm sure they'll have one ready for him to practice with. Until then, a weapon is nothing but trouble!"
(3155) Kha:
"If he cannot learn to be responsible for the blade now then he does not deserve to learn to use it. If the school does not allow those under the Age of Reconing to keep their own blade, then I will keep it, if they do then he can have it. He is an aprentice with the Guild now and not under your authority to deny him his blade"
** (3246) Agatha reaches into her purse and slams 10 gold coins onto the counter while arguing with Kha. "There all the schooling for successive years and then some!" **
(3324) Lunauc (enter): 01:22
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3324) Lunauc...
(3187) TaliesinNYC:
Booting '(3321) Lunauc' from room...
(3321) Lunauc (exit): 01:23
(3246) Agatha:
"Nor is he under your authority to provide him a damned dagger!"
** Demain watches all this silently. **
(3155) Kha:
"Like I said if they wont allow him to keep it I will, if they will he can have it"
(3246) Agatha:
"Hell, the thing is almost as long as his forearm!"
** (3155) Kha turns to the man
"Are there rulles reguarding those under the Age of Recokoning and owning weapons as apprentices?" **
(3187) Demain:
"We will keep the blade for Cerwyth -- that was your name? -- until such time as he is ajudged ready by his teachers."
(3155) Kha:
"And your blade is twice then length of your Agatha" ** Kha states calmly **
(3155) Kha:
"My name is Kha Opren"
(3246) Agatha:
"Aye, but I actually have use for it,know how to use it, and know when not to use it!"
(3246) Agatha:
"Besides which, this ain't about me!"
(3155) Kha:
"All things he must learn" ** turns back to the man ** "I did not catch your name sir."
(3187) Demain:
"Demain." (smiles)
(3187) Demain:
"Folk in Kern go by one name, makes it easier. You are not from here, I gather by your accent. Easternish. Hm."
(3187) Demain:
"I would say, east of Wylund. Far you are, from home."
(3155) Kha:
"Ok Demain, since he will not be able to keep posetion of the weapon I will keep it for now." ** turns to Cerwyth ** "I will give you the blade before I have to leave the city."
whispering to Lunauc, what else?
(3263) Not a peep from me! (exit): 01:32
** (3155) Kha takes the blade back from Agatha and straps it back to his chest **
whispering to Lunauc, did you get my remarks about abolitionists?
(3155) Kha:
"Origionaly from elseware, But Wylund is where my more recent home was. I tend to wander alot"
** Demain nods. "I see, that explains why you're here." **
(3187) Demain:
"Well then, Cerwyth, if you don't mind, welcome to your new home." (smiles) "Now run along. The door behind me leads to the refectory where you'll meet your headmates."
(3155) Kha:
"Aye, I grow bored quickly, just ask Agatha here, but that might start her ranting and raving and we wouldnt want that" ** smirks **
(3155) Kha:
"Will he be free any time over the next week or so? or does the teaching take up all his time?"
** (3246) Agatha just throws Kha a warning glance. "Hmph!" **
(3187) Demain:
"In the evening, mostly."
(3155) Kha:
"Have fun Cerwyth, and do stop by the Inn from time to time if you can. I may need your help Navigating this city." ** smiles **
(3246) Agatha:
"Ah, in that case you won't mind if we put this off until a while later. As you can see, the lad still needs something proper to wear."
(3246) Agatha:
"Or we could come back after you're done."
(3187) Cerwyth:
"Thank you oh so muchly!" (runs over and hugs Kha)
(3187) Cerwyth:
"I, um, I really don't know what to say. Thank you."
** (3155) Kha hugs him back
"Your friend Jery is not wrong. about nothing come free. But all I want is for you to learn from my Generosity and to help others in need where and how you are able." **
** Demain smiles at you, a warm, genuine smile. "You sirrah, are a gentle soul and far above most in this city. If there is anything I or my fellows can do, you have but to name it. Within reason of course." **
(3155) Kha:
"Of course.
** (3155) Kha pauses a moment
"Do you happen to know who would seal something with a rose impretion in red wax, and include a black rose with it?" **
** Demain purses his lips. "Well, a servant of Talakara would. Why do you ask?" **
(3155) Kha:
"I recived a note sealed that way when I arrived here, and I had not even known I was coming here untill I showed up, so found it strange. Thank you again and take care of Cerwyth"
(3315) No Name (enter): 01:47
(3187) Demain:
"It would be our pleasure."
** (3155) Kha hugs Cerwyth one last time then head out the door to the market place **
(3187) DM:
(I assume to a sage next?)
** (3246) Agatha turns to Kha as they walk out. "You're out of money, aren't you?" **
(3155) Kha:
(( After selling the few items Kha will just kill time untill he is too meet the person at moonrise ))
(3155) Kha:
"Aye, but I have this Gem to sell, may be worth a bit"
(3187) DM:
(ok. the amulet btw is an item that when worn, provides its wearer with a modicum of protection equal to a light suit of armor.)
(3187) DM:
(I thought Git was coming with you?)
(3246) Agatha:
"Hmph. If not, I suppose it'll be up to me to pay for the child's clothes, won't it?"
(3155) Kha:
(( so an Amulet of Armor +? insted of Bracers of Armor? ))
(3324) Git:
(well, if they don't come back to the inn after a while, Git will probably head for the marketplace anyway, to check out the slave market.)
(3187) DM:
((yep))
(3155) Kha:
(( killing time by sitting in the Inn ))
(3187) DM:
((the armor bonus provided by the amulet does not stack with bracers))
** (3155) Kha puts on the amulet, after returning to the Inn, he has been dragging around forever finaly realizing it may be helpfull to him **
(3155) Kha:
(( Kha has no Armor bonus, either mundain or Bracers, too bad he forgot about the Amulet untill he had to dig out his winter boots =P ))
(3155) Kha:
(( how much did he get for the Gem? ))
(3187) DM:
((btw Rin, you're with Git unless you tell me otherwise.))
(3324) Git:
:glances up from drinking with a couple other patrons: "Hey... where's the kid?"
(3187) DM:
((1,250 cr))
** (3246) Agatha Agatha also gets herself some new clothes and equipment to deal cold, plus a set of clothes sized for a young man. **
(3210) Rin:
(I'm with Git?)
(3187) DM:
((unless you tell me otherwise. I really don't like running split groups))
(3324) Git:
(unless you choose to have 'gone out')
(3155) Kha:
(( he is rich again, he could get all the street brats apprentichips now :) ))
** (3246) Agatha also replaces her buckler. **
** (3210) Rin is quietly following Git around, trying to be unobtrusive about it. **
(3155) Kha:
"I got him an apprenticip at the Order of Masquers"
** (3155) Kha sits down next to Git and orders an Ale **
(3324) Git:
:blinks: "Alright.... did he contact his friend Jeryn for ys?"
(3155) Kha:
"He will have free time"
** (3246) Agatha orders a drink as she sits down with the group. **
(3155) Kha:
"Whos your shadow?" ** tips nods his head toward Rin **
** (3210) Rin found a nice seat at a nearby table, where he can observe without being (totally) conspicuous. **
(3324) Git:
"Alright, then. I guess we just kick back and relax until it's time for your secret rendezvous with rose man."
(3246) Agatha:
"Aye, you still have that opportunity if you want. I can't for the life of me imagine why. It's just a little band of would-be pickpockets that can barely reach yer waist."
** (3155) Kha nods and pulls a book out of his pack and starts reading it **
(3246) Agatha:
"Aye, I truly hope this one isn't any trouble. That would be a nice change of pace."
** (3196) Lellick sits quietly at the same table as the others... well, mostly quietly. **
(3155) Kha:
(( AFK for a smoke ))
(3324) Git:
"I suppose we have the time to peruse some slave markets before then. I doubt will find Aggy's boy by random luck, but I would like to speak with one of the local slavers about their record keeping."
(3187) DM:
(FF?)
(3324) Git:
(sure)
(3187) DM:
You make your way over to the slave markets in Heathwatch.
(3187) DM:
It's a cesspit of misery amid commerce. Elves, dwarves, humans, gnomes, nezumi, centaurs, orcs and barbarians....all shackled, bought and sold with nary a care for their welfare.
(3187) DM:
There's an auction going on in the central part of the market.
** (3324) Git walks the market in his spiffy new duds, taking in the living merchandise on his way to view the auction. **
** (3246) Agatha looks around at her surroundings, alternating between horror and rage. **
** (3210) Rin follows the group at a comfortable distance, carefully avoiding looking at any of the slaves. He's seen enough of that for one lifetime. **
(3187) Auctioneer:
"And next up on the block is this fine specimen of a Cyradi warrior from the southern plains of Hyboras. A spitfire, she's an excellent javelineer and a worthy addition to a stable of slaves. We've had to keep her under special lock and key because given an opportunity, she'll rip your eyes out from your skull. A fine investment."
** (3196) Lellick keeps his head down as he follows the others, really not liking being here, or even being seen here. **
** (3155) Kha enters the aution all dressed up as a Noble **
(3187) DM:
The auctioneer, an obese man in an ill-fitting brown tunic and leather breeches gestures to a blindfolded and shackled human woman with reddish brown hair braids that reach to her waist. She's clad in tattered armor and her skin is mottled with a number of welts, most likely from whip marks and nettle stings.
(3324) Git:
:jests aside to another audience member: "Ah... eye-gouging, just what I look for in a servant."
(3187) Auctioneer:
"Bidding starts at two thousand crowns, do I hear two thousand?"
** (3246) Agatha doesn't bother putting up an appearance of wealth, but has tried to conceal her axe as best she could. It's a botch of a job, but the thought is there. **
(3155) Kha:
"Too much for one who will kill you given a chance"
** (3155) Kha whispers "Someone followed us here" **
(3187) Auctioneer:
"Two thousand five hundred from the ilythi'iri magus in the far corner, do I hear two thousand six hundred?"
(3246) Agatha:
"Your secret admirer, Kha?"
** (3210) Rin hunches his shoulders and folds his arms over his chest, trying not to look uncomfortable. **
** (3155) Kha looks over all the slaves **
(3324) Git:
:glances back to Rin before answering Kha: "You mean the one from the inn?"
(3187) Auctioneer:
"Two thousand seven hundred and fifty from the orc retainer in the front row, do I hear two thousand eight hundred?"
** (3155) Kha whispers "Aye, and I doubt it he looks too uncomphortable here" **
(3187) Auctioneer:
"Three thousand from the ilythi'iri magus in the far corner, do I hear more?"
** (3196) Lellick frowns a little, glancing back to try and discreetly see the man. "So what are we going to do about it?.." **
(3246) Agatha:
"Point him out to me."
(3187) Auctioneer:
"Three thousand going once!"
(3187) Auctioneer:
"Three thousand going twice!"
(3324) Git:
:Pulling Kha's leg: "I chatted with him a bit back at the inn. He didn't have much to say, but mentioned you quite a bit, often while smiling like an idiot. Perhaps he did follow you here." :suggests: "It would be rude if you didn't at least talk to him."
(3187) Auctioneer:
"Sold, for three thousand crowns!"
** (3155) Kha shrugs and makes his way back to the man who followed them
"Hello, names Kha" **
** Auctioneer waddles off the stage and receives payment from the magus' servant, then viciously yanks his purchase by a neck chain. "Up, you." **
** (3210) Rin blinks, one brow arching upwards, as he finds himself confronted. "So it is." **
(3187) Auctioneer:
"Ladies and gentles all, that concludes our business for today. Come again on the morrow when we shall have more fine wares from the Empire for your purchase!"
** (3324) Git stays watching the stage, and how the magus treats his new prize. **
** Auctioneer hands over the leash to the servant and begins to waddle off the stage. **
(3155) Kha:
"Noticed you tailing us, so figured I would introduce myself."
(3155) Kha:
"Excuse me" hurries to the stage "What will be the starting price for the rat looking one?"
** (3324) Git hurries to ward the stage, to catch the auctioneer before he leaves. "Pardon me, good man. Pardon." **
(3187) Auctioneer:
"One thousand crowns." (wipes sweat from his jowls)
** (3210) Rin smiles, faintly. "If I were tailing you, then you'd have a tail." He watches the man wander off, with a look that boarders on surprise. "People these days, no manners." **
(3155) Kha:
"Thank you."
(3187) DM:
(well Kha's here as well...)
** (3155) Kha heads back to the main who was tailing them **
(3155) Kha:
"Sorry I wanted to learn the starting price of one of the slaves."
(3324) Git:
:to the auctioneer: "I hope you don't mind if I ask you a business question, one merchant to another, but, I was curious about the record keeping of local slavers."
(3324) Git:
"You see, I'm trying to track down a slave for, 'certain reasons' and I'm trying to find how to go about it."
** (3210) Rin inwardly wonders if Kha is really a man, or some sort of magically transformed spastic rodent. "Buying?" **
(3155) Kha:
(whispers) "Maybe, never seen his like and slavery isnt kind to most people, probably less kind to the strange or unique."
(3210) Rin:
"No doubt. But feeding the pockets of the slavers to rescue the abused won't save them all."
** Auctioneer regards Git for a second. "I suppose I could talk shop." **
(3187) Auctioneer:
"Who's the slave?"
(3324) Git:
"Splendid. You see. I know not if the boy is currently on auction or previously sold. I just have reason to believe he's been through this town. One moment... Aggy, come here and give a description would you?"
** (3196) Lellick remains close to Agatha, casting slightly worried glances towards Kha and the stranger. **
(3155) Kha:
"No, but I can what I can now. Anyways since you were following us you should meet the rest of my friends. Thats Git" ** pointing to Git ** "Thats Agatha"** pointing her out as he makes his way to her ** "Thats Lellick, andour other companion is off on some other business"
** Auctioneer leers at Agatha, licking his lips. **
(3187) Auctioneer:
"Well now, is he a child or an adult? Children are almost impossible to track. One boy, you've seen them all."
** (3210) Rin glances towards the others, as they're introduced. This is quite the unexpected turn of events. **
(3155) Kha:
"Now I didnt catch your name"
(3246) Agatha:
"How about a lad with red hair, with scar on his left arm? He should be six and ten years old now."
(3210) Rin:
"that's probably because you didn't ask me what my name was."
(3155) Kha:
"Ahh true enough, how rude of me, So whats your name?"
** Auctioneer sniffs at hearing the description. "That could be any number of whelps." **
** (3246) Agatha shifts her weight, giving the auctioneer a well-practiced look that is all business. **
(3210) Rin:
"Rin. You can call me Rin."
(3155) Kha:
"Rin, nice ta meet you. So why were you following us anyways?"
(3324) Git:
"How about names. Do you keep track?"
(3187) Auctioneer:
"I can look in my ledger and see if there's someone that matches that description. You'll understand that we don't keep names and such. Far as I'm concerned, they don't deserve any."
(3246) Agatha:
"What about where he was caught. You people ought to keep that information handy at least."
** Auctioneer shrugs. "Like a needle in a haystack. I'll look if you can make it worth my while." **
(3210) Rin:
"I wasn't following you. You were leading me. So why were you leading me around, anyway?"
(3187) DM:
(I can extend tonight till 3:30 am. at the very least, I'd like to cover the mystery of the box before we stop.)
(3155) Kha:
(( I am fine to stay longer ))
(3246) Agatha:
"What's your while worth?"
(3187) Auctioneer:
"50 crowns or more."
(3324) Git:
(I think I can stay awake that long... though if I go a while without responding.... you'll know I was wrong. ^_^)
(3196) Lellick:
(I'm kinda dozing off here)
(3187) Auctioneer:
"Come back tomorrow at highsun tomorrow and I'll have your answer for you then."
(3187) DM:
(ok, stopping in 10 then)
(3155) Kha:
"Cause I am a natural leader, people just tend to follow me I suppose. Thats why I am asking you to figure out why people like to follow me."
(3246) Agatha:
"Tomorrow then."
(3210) Rin:
"Well that is a mystery, isn't it. Have you inquired with the rest of your companions on the subject?"
(3155) Kha:
"They dont know either" ** shakes his head in dismay **\
(3324) Git:
"Thank you for your time." :waves off the fat man, and heads back to the rest of the group, offering to Aggy: "At least he didn't want a more 'intimate payment'."
** (3155) Kha heads back to the Inn to get some rest before the meeting tonight **
(3187) TaliesinNYC:
(ok, since Lel is fading, we'll stop here)


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms