Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
5 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
3 Guests
Registered Users: BrettPag, Maraweild


Back to Tolmara Logs
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room

Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(65) ticattack: Aye, quick one, if possible.
(68) Gautam: A little bit.
(67) Lunauc: About to fillet an ex-mummy bastard!
(69) TaliesinNYC: you're in the Black Abyss, you're in combat with Afik'aton and you're pursuing Trifakas and his cronies
(65) ticattack: Ahh, yes. Cool.
(68) Gautam: Oh right. And the place we're in is screwing with our magic.
(69) TaliesinNYC: init order is as follows: 12 J'hz, 8 Ag, 6 Git, 6 Lel
(69) TaliesinNYC: yes
(69) TaliesinNYC: Afik'aton goes last
** Afik'aton tries to seize Agatha in the hopes of throwing her off the precipice into the eye of the Abyss. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [17,7] = (24)
(69) DM: (AC 24, grapple check)
(68) Agatha: ((opposed grapple)) [1d20+12] -> [8,12] = (20)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
(69) DM: He ignores the peril of your attacks ((OOC: you do get an AOO against him)) and grabs you, intending to hurl you off into the eye of the storm.
** (68) Agatha answers the wizard's approach with the white-hot flashes of Bar-eth'el. **
(67) Lunauc: (unless he has a feat, yes)
(68) Agatha: "Don't you get grabby now!"
(68) Agatha: AOO: [1d20+17] -> [7,17] = (24)
(68) Agatha: Damage: [1d12+6+4] -> [4,6,4] = (14) ((if 24 hits))
(69) DM: ((yes))
(69) DM: (12, J'hz)
** (65) ticattack starts as the mummy tries to hurl Agatha, and hurriedly grabs a feather from the puch at his belt, running it across his torso (Casting Fly) **
(65) J'hzuu: ((Geh))
** (65) J'hzuu starts as the mummy tries to hurl Agatha, and hurriedly grabs a feather from the puch at his belt, running it across his torso (Casting Fly) **
(69) DM: (8, Ag)
(68) Agatha: ((still in grapple?))
(69) DM: (yes)
** (68) Agatha struggles to break free of the mummy's hold, taping into hidden reserves. ((Raging)) **
(68) Agatha: "GraaaH! Get your stinking hands off him you damned rotting carcass!"
(68) Agatha: Grapple check to break free: [1d20+6+8] -> [17,6,8] = (31)
(68) Agatha: ((Kick to the face!))
(68) Agatha: ((off me*))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [19,7] = (26)
(69) DM: (rage for the win. and you have no idea how lucky you are.)
(69) DM: (6, Git)
(68) Agatha: With a square kick to the jaw, Agatha shakes loose and lands clumsily in front of the monster.
** (67) Lunauc steps a bit aside of the cast off creep, flanking with aggy as he slashes out with suhail and dagger **
(67) Git: Suhail Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [5,8] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+0] -> [3,2,0] = (5)
(68) Agatha: "There's more where that came from, bastard! Go ahead and try to tempt me!"
(67) Git: Ceremonial Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [10,11] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d4+1+0] -> [4,1,0] = (5)
(67) Git: Suhail (2-w) Attack Roll: [1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+0] -> [1,2,0] = (3)
(67) Git: (not sure what bonus suped up suhail has atm)
(69) DM: (13 is a miss. 21 is a hit and the 17 is a hit)
(69) DM: (6, Lel)
** (63) Lellick moves to stand next to J'hzuu, watching the fight warily. **
(63) Lellick: (No other actions)
** Afik'aton steps back and lets loose with a barrage of winged black vipers that stream out of his eyes and mouth and sink their fangs directly into Agatha's flesh before vanishing. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [5d4+5] -> [2,2,4,3,2,5] = (18)
(69) DM: (18 damage, no save)
(69) DM: (12, J'hz)
** (68) Agatha yells out in anger. **
** (65) J'hzuu waves his hand, and a small fireball appears hovering over it. He makes a noise between a hiss and a roar as he hurls it towards Afik'aton. (Glove, [1d20+6] -> [14,6] = (20), [1d6+2] -> [6,2] = (8)). **
** Afik'aton grins evilly at J'hzuu. "Fool!" **
(69) DM: He seems to be unaffected by your attack.
(69) DM: (8, Ag)
** (65) J'hzuu gulps involuntarily, but holds the mage's gaze. **
** (68) Agatha wrecklessly dives into Afik'aton, unleashing her full fury on him. **
(68) Agatha: ((full attack))
(68) Agatha: 1st attack, power attack: [1d20+8+6+4-5] -> [7,8,6,4,-5] = (20)
(68) Agatha: ((miss?))
(68) Agatha: ((oh wait that's 21 if it matters))
(69) DM: (yes its a hit. damage please)
(76) Lunauc (enter): 23:05
(68) Agatha: Damage: [1d12+9+4+2+5] -> [11,9,4,2,5] = (31)
(68) Agatha: 2nd attack, normal: [1d20+3+6+1+4] -> [20,3,6,1,4] = (34)
(68) Agatha: ((heh. Too bad he's undead))
(68) Agatha: Damage: [1d12+9+4+2] -> [12,9,4,2] = (27)
(68) Agatha: ((done))
** Afik'aton collapses to the ground, dead. **
** Suhail shatters. **
(69) DM: Two vaguely man-shaped forms, one gleaming white and the other ebony black with crimson streaks within rise from the forms of Afik'aton and Suhail's remains and vanish into the eye of the Abyss.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (76) Lunauc...
(69) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(67) Lunauc' from room...
(67) Lunauc (exit): 23:11
** (68) Agatha takes a few whacks at the monster's skull to make sure the fight's over. "What that's it?! No dancing flaming skeleton rats? No fireballs when we ain't looking? That's all you have?" **
** (65) J'hzuu blinks. "Huh?" **
(76) Lunauc: "That was rather... anti-climactic."
** (63) Lellick stares at the forms as they ascend, then circles around to watch Agatha's abuse of the corpse. "I would have to agree, but.. that seemed genuine.." **
** (76) Lunauc looks about for further harm or reaction from the abyss. **
(76) Git: (er...)
** (76) Git looks about for further harm or reaction from the abyss. **
(69) DM: There is an answering flash in the center of the storm, as if a battle is going on in the depths below you.
** (68) Agatha falls down on knee and uses her greataxe for support as she takes in some deep heavy breathes. The blade is almost seems to be smoking from its work. **
(68) Agatha: "Well, that's alright the--woah!"
** (76) Git bows to the abyss, offering to the still battling cleric, "Thank you for all your aid, and.... Good Luck." **
(68) Agatha: "huhh..What's was that?"
(76) Git: "My guess... a big.. big fight."
(76) Git: "Lellick.. can you see to Aggy's wounds?"
(63) Lellick: "I can try..."
** (68) Agatha raises a hand as she rises. "I'm all right. Just catching my breath." **
(68) Agatha: "That snake trick wasn't as nasty as it looked.
(76) Git: :nods to aggy: "If you say so."
** (63) Lellick goes over to Agatha, shaking his head. "There will most likely be a confrontation in the future... in which case, I'd prefer you facing it in better health." He reaches up to touch her arm, murmuring the words of a spell. **
(63) Lellick: (Attempting to spontaneously cast Cure Moderate Wounds - rolling for HP gain now)
(69) DM: Seconds later, the colossal forms of Suhail and Afik'aton appear in the center of the crimson storm whirling below you. Growing rapidly in the air, the two titans quickly tower over you and enter into combat, causing the very ground on which you're standing to tremble.
(63) Lellick: [2d8+7] -> [2,6,7] = (15)
(68) Agatha: ((perfect))
(69) Suhail: "This ends now, servant of Set, as this meeting was ordained by Fate."
** (68) Agatha stares up at the sky in amazement. "Well he looks he faring pretty well up there." **
(68) Agatha: ((looks like* rather))
** Afik'aton sneers at the aged cleric standing before him. "The time of the gods of Dawn is past, old one. And you are old and weak on this plane. And you will die here in this Black Abyss, and your champion on the mortal plane shall be vanquished, and Khalitarius shall reign supreme!" **
(65) J'hzuu: ((AFK a few))
** (76) Git watches the scene silently **
(69) Suhail: "So be it, for we have no Fate but the Fate we are given." (begins chanting as he summons a sphere of golden light easily the height of ten men in front of his opposite)
** (63) Lellick turns his gaze upwards, staring with something close to wonder. **
(69) DM: The two immortals enter combat. Cracks in the ground appear and threaten to break off into the whirling maelstrom below. Looking over the next ridge, you see that the pathway descends into a yawning chasm. The minaret floats in the air nearby.
(76) Git: seeing the ground cracking beneath them, git utters but one word: "Run." :and with that, he's off, charging for the minaret.:
** (63) Lellick scrambles after Git, shouting after him, "Be wary! We still don't know where our enemies are!" **
(76) Git: "No... but i know where the crumbling pathway is!"
** (68) Agatha starts to move away from the crumbling ground. "Aye...I'm sure Suhail can handle this one from here...No need for us to stick around. **
** (68) Agatha then breaks into a sprint. **
** Trifakas appears in front of you, out of nowhere, flying in the air within 50' of the minaret as you reach the end of the precipice. He chuckles evilly and begins casting. **
(76) Git: "And what were you waiting for?"
(76) Git: :calls out to Trifakas:
(69) DM: Around you, the twin immortals fight on. Daemons and celestials are summoned onto this plane and enter the fray at the command of their masters.
(68) Agatha: "Trifakas, you worm! I was hoping to get another chance at your scrawny neck!"
(69) Trifakas: "Why, your deaths, as Lolth commands."
(76) Git: "Don't care what your Bitch goddess said!"
(69) DM: (init, each square is now 10' as the chaos effects seem to have stabilized)
(63) Lellick: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
(68) Agatha: Init: [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13)
(65) J'hzuu: ((Init: [1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12)))
(76) Git: init: [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)
** Trifakas responds by hurling a sphere of crimson fire at the ground in front of Lellick. "See how you fare without your cleric." **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [10d6] -> [2,4,3,2,6,1,6,4,4,4] = (36)
(69) DM: (Reflex)
(76) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+12] -> [11,12] = (23)
(63) Lellick: [1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16)
(69) DM: (the X shows you where the minaret is. it's floating 50' away from you in the middle of the air)
whispering to Lellick, 36 damage
(81) ticattack (enter): 23:44
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (81) ticattack...
(69) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(65) ticattack' from room...
(65) ticattack (exit): 23:44
(68) Agatha: "Damn fireballs. "
(69) DM: (Matt and Ag, reflex save pls)
(81) ticattack: (([1d20+7] -> [17,7] = (24)))
** (63) Lellick cries out in pain, stumbling backwards a step. **
(68) Agatha: A pattern of blue spreads over Agatha's armor with a cool protective breeze as she activates the the chainshirt. "Humility before the Marid!"
(68) Agatha: ((immunity to fire))
** (81) ticattack ducks backawrds as his fur singes. **
** (81) J'hzuu ducks backawrds as his fur singes. **
whispering to ticattack, 18 damage
(69) DM: (13, Ag)
** (68) Agatha stands there as the flame and smoke drifts harmlessly around her. She gives the wizard a dirty looks. "You damn self-involved mages are all alike!" **
** (68) Agatha turns to J'hzuu. "Still alive, feline?" **
** (81) J'hzuu nods and lets out a muttered hiss. "More or less, yes." **
(68) Agatha: ((delaying unless the chaos in this place lets me flap my arms and fly.))
(68) Agatha: "Then make for the prize! We're dead without it!"
(69) DM: (12, J'hz)
(81) J'hzuu: ((One tick. Just got to check something with the others.))
** (81) J'hzuu takes a running leapp off the edge of the surface, speeding towards the minaret. **
(81) J'hzuu: ((60 feet, I think. Just check))
(68) Agatha: ((Yup. That's fly's move))
** (81) J'hzuu snatches the minaret, then twists around in mid-air, returning to the others. **
(69) DM: J'hzuu vanishes.
** (68) Agatha turns to the wizard with a defiant smile. "While you've got eternity to mull it over, be sure to remember that you brought this ruin on yourself. No fate but your own and that." **
(81) J'hzuu: ((Before or after he grabs the minaret?))
** Trifakas screams with rage at seeing the Khajiit steal his prize away... **
(69) DM: ((after))
(76) Git: :grins as J'hzuu disappears and calls out to Trifakas: "Like I said.. what erer you waiting for?"
(69) Trifakas: "I will make you all pay if it's the last thing I do!"
(69) DM: (9, Git)
(76) Git: "No.. it seems whining is the last thing you'll do."
(68) Agatha: "Uh heh..uhh Git? Why are we still here?"
(76) Git: (delay)
(69) DM: (4, Lel)
(76) Git: :shrugs to aggy and whispers: "I dunno.. but I hope J'hzuu is placing that last minaret about now."
** (63) Lellick grips his holy symbol with a slightly shaky arm, though his voice is clear, "May Tevesh ease my pain and make me whole again." **
(63) Lellick: (Spontaneously casting Cure Serious Wounds on self, rolling for HP gain now..)
(63) Lellick: [3d8+7] -> [5,4,3,7] = (19)
(63) Lellick: (And, done)
** Trifakas opens fire, spreads his hands and hurls a cone of freezing air down your path. (Reflex) **
(76) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+12] -> [6,12] = (18)
** (81) ticattack glances around, a little disoriented, then sees the model. Shaking his head to clear it, he hurries to place the minaret with the others. **
(69) DM: (he goes on 16 btw)
(63) Lellick: [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28)
(69) DM: (if you had actions after Lellick and before his turn, let me know)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [10d4+10] -> [3,2,4,3,1,3,3,1,1,3,10] = (34)
(68) Agatha: Reflex save: [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12)
whispering to Gautam, 34 damage
whispering to Lunauc, 17 damage
whispering to Lellick, 17 damage
** (68) Agatha is caught off guard and can only curse as she clumsily tries to duck under cover. **
(69) DM: There is a sudden thunderclap and Trifakas screaming in rage as the two immortals combat around him is the last thing you see...
(69) DM: ...and you reappear in the crystal cathedral.
(69) DM: And suddenly, the model grows in size...or perhaps, it is you who are shrinking. Regardless, the four of you vanish and reappear inside the model of the now completed Citadel of Martek.
** (76) Git tenses his body against the biting cold. A relaxed breath leaving his freezing lungs as he reappears in the cathedral: "Enjoy oblivion.. whiner." **
** (63) Lellick looks around wildly, clutching the frost-covered blisters on one of his arms. "Where'd he...?" **
** (68) Agatha is still shivering as she slowly brushes off the ice on her and prays that her fingers stay attached. **
** (76) Git takes in their new surroundings thoughtfully, while hugging his chilled figure for warmth. "Thanks for the quick action, J'hzuu. i owe you a load of fresh fish and a jug of milk." **
(69) DM: (stopping in 20 minutes)
(69) DM: (when was the last time I handed out XP?)
** (81) J'hzuu nods, distracted with the scorch marks across his fur. "Not a problem. J'hzuu's magicks save the day once again..." **
(68) Agatha: ((not sure. probably documented somewhere. either the forums or the log.))
(69) DM: ((if you can't remember then it's probably time I did, lol.))
(81) J'hzuu: ((S'been a while... after the assassin-place, methinks...))
(68) Agatha: "Think you could spare some magic for a fire, hot shot?"
(69) DM: You appear in the middle of a vast dark area. A single pillar of light shines down from an immense dome overhead. The shaft strikes the top of a round platform, 20' above the floor. Stairs rise up to the sides of the platform to the skeleton of a man, bathed in brilliant light. The bones are laid out so that the feet point to the east and the skull to the west. On the skull is a metal headpiece that reflects the light into three beams, each of which strikes a great statue. The room is hushed.
** (81) J'hzuu waves his hand with a toothy grin, and a flame appears hovering over it. He holds it near the others. "If all has something to light, J'hzuu can build a real fire, yes?" **
** (81) J'hzuu freezes, his hand outstretched as he looks about. "Or... not, J'hzuu guesses...". **
(68) Agatha: "Good k-k-kitty."
** (63) Lellick straightens up somewhat, concentrating as he holds his holy symbol, causing it to glow with a white light. He then goes over to J'hzuu and touches his arm, casting a healing spell on him before casting another on himself. **
(69) DM: The net effect is that of a three-sided pyramid which surrounds the skeleton. Each of the statues is 30' tall and appears to be that of a giant djann wearing a turban and holding a giant scimitar before him. There is a hole in each turban, as if it were a setting for a very large gemstone.
(76) Git: :looking up the stairs to the laid out skeleton, "Martek, i presume."
(63) Lellick: (Using Sacred Boost to maximize a spontaneous Cure Moderare Wounds for each of them - so they each get 23 hp healed)
(63) Lellick: (*Moderate)
(69) DM: There is a socket at the base of the skull and at the skeleton's feet.
(76) Git: (is there different colors or patterns to the sockets or statues?)
(69) DM: ((nope))
** (68) Agatha notes the slots as Lellick's divine magic fills her bones with warmth. **
(76) Git: "J'zuu... got enough flight left in you to place some star gems?"
** (81) J'hzuu nods. "Yes, J'hzuu thinks so" **
** (81) J'hzuu holds his hands out for the gems. **
(76) Git: "I wonder if they're suppose to be placed in a certain order."
(68) Agatha: "I don't know, but it looks like each gem has its own special roost."
** (76) Git gets out the star gems, looking then over for a moment before handing three to J'hzuu. Here... place these in the statues. I'll put the other two with the skeleton." **
** (81) J'hzuu takes the gems, and kicks off from the ground, placing the gems in and checking that they are secure. **
** (76) Git heads up the stairs to place the other two gems in the slots at the skeleton's feet and head. **
** (63) Lellick watches them for a moment, then looks around at the rest of the chamber, not entirely trusting that something won't come out of the shadows. **
(69) DM: As the fifth and last Star Gem is placed, a dull throbbing starts to build. Suddenly, there is the sizzling sound of lightning, the pillar of light splits into three beams from the ceiling. Each beam shines on one of the Star Gems in the statue's turbans, these reflect the light to the other statues forming a pyramid of light about the platform that pulsates to the rhythm of throbbing sound.
** (68) Agatha eyes the area warily, almost expecting a golem or some phantom to jump out of nowhere. **
** (76) Git cautiously backs away from the skeleton **
(69) DM: A crack like thunder fills the room, and two more beams of light shoot down from the ceiling striking the Star Gems at the skeleton's head and foot. These bathe the bones in the reflected beams, playing over them with ever-increasing speed. The throbbing increases to ear-deafening pounding, and a keening moan of rushing wind begins to build sending shivers down your spine.
(69) DM: The ancient bones stir, and then in a brilliant flash from the gems at its head and feet, the skeleton rises and spins into a blur. When the spinning stops, a live man stands on the platform. Though dressed simply and now crownless, his gentle face and welcoming gestures tell you that he is Martek, returned from the Beyond.
(69) DM: ((and on this note, we'll stop))
** (76) Git bows to the restored man. "Good day to you, m'lord." **


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms