Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
5 users online
1 Registered
0 Hidden
4 Guests
Registered Users: BennyKep


Back to Tolmara Logs
(156) DM: ((except that some are more injured than others))

(156) DM: ((except that some are more injured than others))
(156) DM: So in the past few sessions, you've explored the realm of ancient Celdenir, now become a nightmare. The vision granted to you upon entering the kingdom told you that to end the nightmare, you must defeat the drake that holds the spirit of the elven king in thrall, or awaken the spirit of the king, or shatter the orb that controls the drake.
(156) DM: As you investigated the dream, some of you experienced deja vu by reliving the same encounter over and over again but seen from different perspectives. You also met figures from your past and other faces not so familiar.
(156) DM: You are now at the climax of the dream, wherein how you resolve it shall determine your success or failure.
(156) DM: (219) DM: Shifting green mist writhes through the Palace doors as you enter the structure. You are in a great hall...and as you enter the hall, simultaneously, two other groups stride in at various directions -- similar in identity and composition to yours!
(156) DM: But if that were not enough, in the center of this chamber is an ancient elf...apparently the King of Celdenor. His body is emaciated and wracked by convulsions. His hands rest on a great globe of crystal that glows in the darkness of the throne room with swirling colors of light and dark.

Surrounding the throne are the sinuous bodies of three emerald drakes. Each drake's head hovers near the head of the tormented King, murmuring and whispering nightmares in his ears. The drakes' hissing whispers reverberate through the hall.
** (222) Agatha sighs and follows, muttering to herself. "You've a job to do and he's still alive out there, keep telling yourself that." **
(219) DM: At the foot of the throne rests a crystal minaret on a red cushion. This is the object of your quest, or so it seems.

Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
** (128) Three Kha's jump at the sight of each other and move near the elven king and sit down to talk to eachother, and listen to what the others have to say **
(156) DM: ((take as much time to discuss strategy. once you're ready, we'll roll init))
** (139) Gautam looks around slightly bewildered. Then she notices that she's missing from the smallest group. "Maybe I did die..." **
(139) Gautam: ((D'oh!))
** (139) Agatha 1 looks around slightly bewildered. Then she notices that she's missing from the smallest group. "Maybe I did die..." **
** (154) Three crafty Gits looks about at the strange scene, wide-eyed, Noting eachother with a couple friendly nods and waves, they turn their attention to the sinister drakes waiting before them. Carefully their eyes peruse the bodie's and forms of the drakes, trying to note any odditiy in their appearance or shifitngs. (3 spot checks?) **
(158) ticattack (enter): 23:26
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (158) ticattack...
** (132) Lellick #1 moves to look around the others, looking back and fourth widly between the other groups. His doubles look just as confused. **
(156) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(138) ticattack' from room...
(138) ticattack (exit): 23:27
(156) DM: (yes)
(154) Three crafty Gits: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [20,9] = (29)
(154) Three crafty Gits: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [1,9] = (10)
(154) Three crafty Gits: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [6,9] = (15)
(156) DM: One of the drakes seems to be eyeing you intently more than the other two...
(158) ticattack: Inits 1, 2 and 3: [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19), [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8), [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9).
** (139) Agatha 1 looks at her counterpart curiously and wonders aloud, "So are we thinking the same thing." **
(139) Agatha 2: "I don't see why not. If you're me and I'm you."
** (154) Git points out the more interested drake to his counterparts, getting a few understanding nods, before moving on to his next task. **
(132) Lellick #2: "Wait.. you died? When?!"
** (128) Three Kha's hop up simutaiously all nod to eachother and drop their spears on the group and walk up to the old king and give him a very close inspection **
** (154) Three crafty Gits eaxmine the comrades in each of their groups, looking for hints of true identity. **
whispering to Lunauc, drake 2 it seems
(139) Agatha 2: "I'm not sure.."
(139) Agatha 2: "It was a dream, or was it?"
** (139) Agatha 2 shakes her head. "It ain't important. We've bigger problems." **
(154) Three crafty Gits: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [8,6] = (14)
(154) Three crafty Gits: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [6,6] = (12)
(154) Three crafty Gits: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [18,6] = (24)
(154) Three crafty Gits: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23)
(154) Three crafty Gits: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [3,9] = (12)
(154) Three crafty Gits: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13)
** (132) Lellick #3 eyes the Git in his group. "That's a little creepy." **
** (154) Git 3 inquires to the halfling, "What is?" **
** (139) The Agathas turn to their Gits. "So any bright ideas?" **
(132) Lellick #3: "You're all.. ah, nevermind."
** (154) Git 3 raises a brow to Lellick, but lets the comment pass with a shake of his head. Each Git turns to Aggy to reply, "I think the drake in the middle is different somehow... though I admit, i have no idea what's going on." **
(158) J'hzuu #1: "J'hzuu does not think it is good, whatever it is. All need to stop this" (he gestures at the drakes whispering) "yes?"
(139) The Agathas: "Then that's the one we go after."
(154) Git: "I believe so." :offers not so promisingly as he watches the three kha's collectively strolling into Drake reach unarmed: "Should we.. stop them?"
** (132) Lellick #1 groans, just now noticing, "By the gods.." **
(139) The Agathas: "Stop them from what? Drawing drake fire?"
(139) Agatha 1: "I say we clear a path for Halthala. Maybe she can wake the king."
** (158) Three J'hzuus groan as the Khas approach the drakes. "Not again..." **
(156) DM: (I need an init roll from each of your copies. This will take a bit of time to set up so bear with me. The reason why is because Kha touched the orb.)
(132) Lellick #3: "We've lost you already! We don't need any more casualties!"
(139) Agatha 2: "I say we clear a path for Basht. Maybe she can wake the king."
(128) Three Kha's: INIT: [1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
(128) Three Kha's: INIT: [1d20+7] -> [15,7] = (22)
(128) Three Kha's: INIT: [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25)
(132) Lellicks: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
(132) Lellicks: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
(132) Lellicks: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
(154) Three crafty Gits: Init: [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
(154) Three crafty Gits: Init: [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
(154) Three crafty Gits: Init: [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
** (139) The Agathas ignore Lellick and nod to each other. **
(139) Agatha 1: init: [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
(139) Agatha 2: init: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
(158) Three J'hzuus: ((I rolled Init alread - 19, 8 and 9))
(154) Three crafty Gits: "Heh... three times the Kha.. three times the stupid." :the simultaneously agree and shake their heads.:
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
(156) DM: As soon as Kha touches the orb, the drake hisses, "None of you shall live to see the dawn" as the chamber immediately dims in visibility.
(156) DM: (all copies of the drake that is)
(156) DM: (25, Kha)
(139) The Agathas: "Oh Lovely."
** (139) The Agathas look at each other. "Too weird." **
** (128) Kha (3) looks at the others and nods (Delay untill the next Kha goes) **
(156) DM: (22, Kha)
** (128) Kha (2) nods to the others andthey both attempt to throw the orb as hard as they can onto the ground **
(156) DM: The orb flares in response as a bright light fills the throne room in blinding radiance. (Will save, all Kha's copies)
(128) Kha: Will save: [1d20+13] -> [5,13] = (18)
(128) Kha: Will save: [1d20+13] -> [19,13] = (32)
(128) Kha: Will save: [1d20+13] -> [7,13] = (20)
(156) DM: The orb suddenly grows in size, or perhaps all of you seem to have shrunk in comparison. Two of Kha's copies cry out in pain while the third picks up the orb off its stand and hurls it to the ground.
(139) The Agathas: ((Each square is 5' or 10'))
(156) DM: (not to scale, assume 10')
** (128) Kha (2) screams in pain as he throws the Orb to the ground **
(156) DM: Slight cracks appear in the skin of the orb. (19, Git)
(156) DM: (whisper to me your PC's maximum hp total, all of you)
** (154) Three crafty Gits stays back for the moment, drawing his weapons as he takes a defensive stance. As he waits for his counterparts to be ready, he asks of Suhail, "Hey... are you duplicated too?" **
(154) Git: (that should just be git 1'a action..)
(156) DM: (yes, Suhail is duplicated)
(156) DM: (19, J'hz)
** (158) J'hzuu #1 glances at the orb, and concentrates on the glove on his hand. A ball of flame springs into being, hovering just above his palm. He aims, and hurls the ball towards the orb. (([1d20+6] -> [10,6] = (16))) **
(158) J'hzuu #1: ((Damage: [1d6+2] -> [1,2] = (3)))
(156) DM: The fiery sphere strikes the orb spreading, diffusing its flame over the surface of the crystal sphere. A hairline web of cracks spreads further.
(156) DM: (18, Lel)
(139) The Agathas: ((sorry, but real quick. How were our bab's and saves switched around?))
(156) DM: (not applicable in your present situation)
** (132) Lellick #3 shouts out, "Wait! WAIT! Kha, get the minaret!" **
** (132) Lellick #3 holds holds his holy symbol up high, "Tevesh, give us your guidance so that we may prevail!" **
(154) Git: (so... our bab, saves and skill checks should not be all screwy right now?)
(132) Lellick #3: (Casting Bless, should affect him, Git #3, Jhzuu #3, and Halhaltha just barely - +1 to attacks and saves against fear... and done)
(156) DM: (no, not at the moment)
(156) DM: (15, the drake)
(161) ticattack (enter): 00:15
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (161) ticattack...
(156) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(158) ticattack' from room...
(158) ticattack (exit): 00:15
(161) ticattack: ((Damned thing... it's trying to load a map, and failing. That's the second time so far...))
(156) DM: Each of the copies spreads its wings, then opens its maw with a great intake of breath...
(139) The Agathas: "Damn it all...Watch out!"
(156) DM: ...then exhales in the direction of Kha.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [10d4] -> [1,4,1,4,4,2,3,3,2,4] = (28)
(156) DM: (all of Kha's copies, Fort save)
(128) Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+12] -> [5,12] = (17)
(128) Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+12] -> [2,12] = (14)
(128) Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+12] -> [12,12] = (24)
(156) DM: The brunt of the emerald drakes' breath immerses Kha in its radius causing him and his copies to double over, wracked in pain. Some appear to be more injured than others.
(156) DM: (10, Git)
(139) The Agathas: "Kha!!"
** (154) Git 2 does much the same as the first, readying his weapons, yet holding his ground, waiting for a more opportune moment. "Aggy? You think you can smash that thing in one hit?" **
** (128) Three Kha's moan in pain **
(154) Git: (done for the moment)
(156) DM: (10, Kha)
** (128) Three Kha's (1) pouts at the dragon "That was not very nice" then grabs the doll and kicks the orb as hard as he can (to group 2) **
(156) DM: (doll?)
(128) Three Kha's: (( the little green 'O' on the map is the orb ))
** (139) Agatha 2 looks back at Git. "Only one way to find out." **
(128) Three Kha's: (( Minaret thing ))
(156) DM: (9, Jhz)
(156) DM: (ah)
(156) DM: Nothing seems to occur when Kha touches the minaret....at least not immediately.
** (161) J'hzuu #2 focuses, and summons forth a ball of flame, hurling it at the closest drake. **
(139) Agatha 2: ((btw, what kind of breath is the dragon spewing? Fire? Acid?))
(156) DM: ((chlorine gas))
(161) J'hzuu #2: ((Oh, duh. Rolling would help. [1d20+6] -> [14,6] = (20), [1d6+2] -> [1,2] = (3)))
(156) DM: (yes)
(163) Lunauc (enter): 00:35
(156) DM: It doesn't seem to have injured it much...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (163) Lunauc...
(156) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(154) Lunauc' from room...
(154) Lunauc (exit): 00:36
(161) J'hzuu #2: ((Any effect whatsoever?))
(156) DM: (8, Lel)
** (132) Lellick #1 hesitates for a moment, then scrambles around Git, moving to stand behind the closest Kha. **
(132) Lellick #1: (Double move to behind Kha #1, done)
(156) DM: (8, Jhz)
** (161) J'hzuu #3 fumbles in the pouch by his waist, pulling out a feather. He runs it quickly over his torso, chanting as he does so ((Casting Fly)). He puts the feather back into the pouch, and pushes off from the ground, hovering about thirty feet from the floor. **
(156) DM: (8, Hal)
** Halthala kneels at the throne and attempts to console her father, kissing his cheek tenderly. **
(156) Halthala: "Whatever happens, Father, I shall do you and our House proud. I love you very much."
(156) DM: (6, Git)
(163) Git: (delay)
(156) DM: (6, Ag)
(156) DM: (poke Agatha)
** (139) Agatha 1 yells at her other self as she charges past. "Smash the orb! I'll keep 'em occupied!" **
(139) Agatha 1: ((charge and attack on drake 3))
(139) Agatha 1: attack: [1d20+14+2] -> [6,14,2] = (22)
(156) DM: (miss)
(156) DM: (5, Ag)
** (139) Agatha 1 looks at herself fighting the huge serpent. "That ain't gonna end well." **
(139) Agatha 2: ((other me rather))
** (139) Agatha 2 sets to cracking the orb in two. **
(139) Agatha 2: ((full attack))
(139) Agatha 2: [1d20+14] -> [16,14] = (30)
(139) Agatha 2: dmg: [1d12+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
(139) Agatha 2: attack 2:
(139) Agatha 2: [1d20+14] -> [14,14] = (28)
(139) Agatha 2: dmg: [1d12+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
(156) DM: The hairline web of cracks now encompasses the entire sphere. It seems as if it could shatter at any moment.
(156) DM: (5, Lel)
** (139) Agatha 2 yells at the others. "Scatter! We can't all afford to get caught in their blast." **
** (132) Lellick #1 hurries off to the side, to stand next to Git, before holding up his holy symbol and extending his palm. "Tevesh, shine your light down upon this creature!" As he speaks, a burst of white light centers in his palm, before streaking towards the closest drake. **
(132) Lellick #1: (Er.. supposed to be #2, oops. Moving speed and then casting Searing Light on Drake #3, rolling to hit now)
(132) Lellick #2: [1d20+10] -> [3,10] = (13)
(132) Lellick #2: (..probably a miss. Done)
(139) Agatha 1: ((Hope that's good enough for a ranged touch attack.))
(156) DM: (13 is a miss)
(156) DM: (25, Kha)
** (128) Three Kha's (3) moves near the final Kha (1) (Delay untill last Khas turn) **
(156) DM: (22, Kha)
** (128) Three Kha's (2) moves near the final Kha (1) (Delay untill last Khas turn) **
(156) DM: (19, Git)
** (163) Git 1 heads in toward the throne, taking up a defending position before Halthala, as he inquires, "Getting anything out of sleepy?" **
(163) Git: (done)
(156) DM: (19, Jhz)
** (161) J'hzuu #1 summons another flame, takes a deep breath and hurls it with all his might towards the damaged orb. **
(161) J'hzuu #1: (([1d20+6] -> [15,6] = (21), [1d6+2] -> [1,2] = (3)))
** Halthala is intently focused on her father and doesn't appear to have heard you (Git). **
(156) DM: There is a loud thunderclap as a tongue of flame immolates the orb...
(156) DM: (all Fort save)
(156) DM: (only 1 save)
(163) Git: Fortitude save: [1d20+7] -> [15,7] = (22)
(132) Lellick #3: [1d20+9] -> [20,9] = (29)
(161) J'hzuu #1: (([1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17)))
(128) Three Kha's: Fortitude save: [1d20+12] -> [15,12] = (27)
(139) Agatha 1: Fort save [1d20+9] -> [9,9] = (18)
(139) Agatha 2: Fort save [1d20+9] -> [9,9] = (18)
(156) DM: ...and the orb explodes. Brilliant green light emanates from the ruins of the sphere, and the last thing you see before you lose consciousness is Halthala kissing her father, embracing his withered shell.
(156) DM: After what feels like an eternity, you're back in the crystal cathedral in Martek's Citadel.
(156) Basht: Basht is here, by your side.
(139) Agatha 2: "What happened?...Where's the minaret?"
** (163) Git looks around quick taking stock of the group's health and whether they have their target minaret. **
** (128) Kha checks his hand **
(161) J'hzuu #1: ((How many of each of us?))
** (132) Lellick blinks, slowly, before reaching up to rub his eyes. **
(128) Kha: (( AFK for a smoke ))
(156) DM: ((your true selves))
** (161) J'hzuu sits up, blinking and looking around. He turns to Basht "What happened?" **
(161) J'hzuu: ((AFK a few))
(156) DM: (here is each PC's current status)
(156) DM: (Git is down by 37 hp, Agatha is down by 60 hp, Kha is down by 68 hp, Agatha is down by 22 hp, Lellick is uninjured.)
(139) Agatha: ((Come again? Which one am I?))
(156) Basht: You have the minaret, as Fate would have it. Mrrr.
(156) Basht: (22 hp, sorry.)
(139) Agatha: ((Who's down by 60? or is that a typo?))
(163) Git: :Seeing everyone alive, more or less, and the group one minaret wealthier, Git lets himself drop to a weary seat groaning in new found pain of a bear shattered body.
(163) Git: (near shattered, rather)
(163) Git: "Hoo-rah.." :drawls out the less than enthusiastic cheer, as he looks up to Basht, "So.. what happened to Halli and her papa?"
** (132) Lellick winces a little, heading over to Kha first. "I don't have very many spells yet, but I'll see what I can do." He stands there for a moment, holding his holy symbol and concentrating, before starting to cast the spell. **
** (128) Kha waves Lellick off **
(128) Kha: "I'll be fine, just give me a moment"
** (132) Lellick pauses, looking at him doubtfully. "Oh?" **
** (128) Kha holds up his hand that has ring that appears to made of flowing blood on it **
(156) DM: (its a typo, yes)
(139) Agatha: "Aye, death seems to be nothing more than a nap for that lad."
(156) Basht: She is where she belongs, in Aquor.
** (132) Lellick shrugs, and heads over to Git. "I'll leave him to his nap, then." **
(156) Basht: The dream caused you to meet those whom you have met and those you shall meet, and spun them in ways contrary to their nature at times.
** (128) Kha lowers his hand and as he does sow most of his wounds close up leaving only a few burn marks on his hands **
(132) Lellick: (Activating Sacred Boost feat to maximize cure spells, then losing a spell to spontaneously cast Cure Serious Wounds on Git for... 31 hp)
(164) Lunauc (enter): 01:33
(139) Agatha: "Then what the hell was that other me? The one in the black executioner get-up?"
** (132) Lellick moves over to Agatha next, murmuring the words of another healing spell. **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (164) Lunauc...
(132) Lellick: (Maximized Cure Moderate Wounds this time, for.. 23 hp)
(156) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(163) Lunauc' from room...
(163) Lunauc (exit): 01:38
(161) J'hzuu: "And the coffin..."
(156) Basht: That WAS you.
(156) Basht: Each of us has the potential for good or for ill in ourselves. Each of you were real and a dream at the same time.
(128) Kha: "Was very interesting, Similar to the dream realm, but not"
** (164) Git looks up to Basht curiously, "Wonderful... now I'll never have to dream lonely again." **
** (132) Lellick blinks at hearing that. "Is it the same for everything else? The people, that wizard... were they also both real and a dream?" **
** (164) Git gets up to and begins some stretches while they talking, getting his recently healed body loosened back up. **
(156) Basht: It is difficult to explain. In each instance of the dream, there was one real person and the rest of you dreamers. But then as dreams often do, perception shifted.
(156) Basht: It explains why in the final battle, some of you were injured more than most.
** (132) Lellick gives a mirthless laugh, looking down at the floor. "So there's no way of knowing if anyone there actually died." **
(164) Git: "Right.. freaky dream.. got it. Should we worry over such things in the other chambers?"
(139) Agatha: "Well, we're alive. That's something."
(156) Basht: There is. (glances over at the model of the Citadel)
** (128) Kha walks over and places the minaret into the model **
(156) DM: Where there were once two minarets, there are now three. Then four, after Kha places it in the model.
(156) DM: (whoops, change that to three, four and five respectively)
(132) Lellick: "Once last ordeal, then. I can't be sure of the rest of you, but I must rest, and pray."
(164) Git: "Agreed. No point in going ahead at less than full strenght."
(139) Agatha: "Aye we could all a rest. I'm still trying to wrap my head around what just happened."
(164) Git: "So... where should we head next?"
(156) Basht: This last minaret that you must retrieve will be your most dangerous yet. There are others who seek the knowledge that Martek has locked away, who do not have your best interest at heart. You have already met them. They have replaced one of the minarets in the model.
(164) Git: "Huh? We're not alone in here then?"
(139) Agatha: "Come again? You mean one of them's a fake?"
(156) Basht: This last minaret is within the Black Abyss. Even now, they have gone there in the hopes of retrieving it. The wizard Trifakas and his minion, Pawnis.
(128) Kha: "Lets just wait here for them to return and take it from then then."
(132) Lellick: "That's assuming we could take it from them."
(164) Git: "So, those lazy bastards followed us in? Disgraceful."
(164) Git: :to Basht: "What happens if they get the last minaret first? They still have to come back here to place it, right?"
(156) Basht: Basht has done what she was sent to do. What you choose to do from this point forward is up to you. You have no Fate but the Fate you make.
(139) Agatha: "We have to take it, Lellick. I doubt they're going to just hand it over if we ask real nicely."
(139) Agatha: "Kha. Take back the minaret you just placed."
(156) Basht: Whomsover replaces the minaret in the model shall be granted the use of Martek's Sphere of Power.
(161) J'hzuu: "An ambush here would be good, but all will have no way of knowing when they will return. And if all should fail, there would be no time to regroup."
(161) J'hzuu: "Still, perhaps all should take precautions. If three of all carried the minarets, or all hid one or two, this would make it harder for Trifakas to finish, yes? All must hope not to fail, but it is... possible. All should take every caution possible, J'hzuu thinks."
(164) Git: "One question: Can we take them back out?"
(139) Agatha: "There's no need for all that. We just hold on to the piece we just got. It's the only one that we know is real."
** (128) Kha tries to pull the thing back out of the model **
(156) DM: It's fused into the model.
(164) Git: :glances to Kha trying to pull said piece back out: "Might be a bit late for that."
** (128) Kha nods "It's stuck" **
** (161) J'hzuu frowns. "Hmm... So much for that." **
(139) Agatha: "So how did they manage to put a fake in? Try them all."
(128) Kha: "Why do you say one is fake?"
(156) Basht: Remember... (gesticulates)
** (139) Agatha stops and looks at the model, then to Kha and Basht. She sighs. "Nevermind. Damn semantics." **
(156) DM: (745) Norfirion: "If you know all, then you know what I seek. Where or how can I find it?"
(745) Norfirion: "The power over life and death."
(721) Urda, the Spinner: Part of the Test, Norfirion, is that we must hear what you wish from us.
(721) Verdande, the Caster: We do not act on assumption.
(721) Skuld, the Crone: Your fate is your own, as ever.
(745) Norfirion: "My wife, my children, this is all that remains." *withdraws a small glass flask from his pouch. It appears to be filled with ashes*
(745) Norfirion: "I wish for the return of their lives, in exchange of my own if necessary."
(721) Urda, the Spinner: Very well. You wish their return to the waking world, is that correct?
** (717) Agatha looks on the wizard with surprise. **
(745) Norfirion: "As they were before they were taken away from me. Alive!"
** (717) Agatha murmurs to herself. "He still has their ashes?" **
(721) Urda, the Spinner: Very well. But know this, Norfirion, that revenge is a road that is long and hard and leads only to endless bitterness. Your family will be returned to you when you enter the Citadel of Martek.
** (720) Git watches the scene with growing intensity. Biting his lip, he anxiously awaits the trio's response to such a request. **
(745) Norfirion: "We shall see."
(721) Verdande, the Caster: They will be returned to you alive, without harm to their heads, but you will be faced with a choice that will go to the core of your being.
(745) Norfirion: "I am prepared."
(721) Skuld, the Crone: And in that choice, you must decide for yourself if you would live your life or theirs.
** (745) Norfirion looks on unamused. "Whatever is necessary." **
(721) Urda, the Spinner: In Martek's Citadel, you will find a hallway that contains a passage to a room upon which is a table that contains a model of the Citadel in miniature.
** (710) Lellick looks slightly stunned, glancing back and fourth between Norf and the three Fate(s). **
** (717) Agatha watches the conversation in disbelief. It takes her a few moments to notice she's gaping like a fish. **
(721) Verdande, the Caster: Martek's Citadel contains six minarets. The model will have two minarets in place, and four that are missing. The four minarets are found in the Black Abyss, the Endless Tower, the Garden of Dreams and Amruen Portila, the birthplace of the People, the elves.
** (745) Norfirion listens on with interest. **
(721) Skuld, the Crone: If you wish to see your family once again, retrieve the minaret from Amruen Portila. Retrireve the minaret, place it in the model, and your family will be returned to you alive and without harm. But you will then be faced with a choice that goes to the core of your being.
(745) Norfirion: "Yes...yes...I'm quite aware of that. I assure you it will be done, at whatever the costs" *he sneers*
(721) Urda, the Spinner: Know this, that to enter Martek's Inner Sanctum and retrieve his Sphere of Power, you must retrieve all four minarets and replace them in the model.

(156) DM: A sphere of light appears next to Basht, during which the familiar scene plays out to your recollection.
(128) Kha: "So thats the one they placed? Poor Norf"
(156) Basht: He fought valiantly but it shall not be.
(164) Git: "For them to have collected two minarets in the time it took us to get one... is not exactly encouraging. I'm all for ambushing them when they pop back into the room after the abyss. If they're weakened from their effort, they'll be easier to take."
(156) DM: (they collected one minaret.)
(164) Git: (eh? I thought there were four rooms. two minarets already placed, plus the one we just added, for it to be five placed, I figured they had gotten 2)
(128) Kha: (( we got one before when Kha dies and rewound back to life ))
(156) DM: (when you first came to the crystal cathedral, you found the model and it had two minarets in place. you retrieved the minaret from the Endless Tower and the minaret from the Garden of Dreams. they retrieved the one from Amruen Portila. one left.)
(164) Git: (ah.. right)
** (128) Kha sits down and takes a nap **
(164) Git: :to Basht: "Hey Kitten, when they retrieve the last minaret, they will appear back in this room with it, right?"
(156) Basht: Yes. Mrrow.
(164) Git: "Great. then we just have to keep them from getting the minaret in the model." :Looking over the citadel model, he asks: "Bedrolls, blankets, robes, we need some stuff to cover this over with. I don't want one of them taking a lucky dive and placing the piece."
** (128) Kha pulls out his bed rolls and winter clothing **
(164) Git: "J'hzuu.. can you create an illusion of a second model?"
(166) ticattack (enter): 02:25
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (166) ticattack...
(156) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(161) ticattack' from room...
(161) ticattack (exit): 02:26
** (132) Lellick frowns slightly, checking his pockets, finding some loose bandages that he uses to stuff (or wrap, if need be) the place for the last minaret. **
(139) Agatha: "Or maybe create some barrier to prevent them from getting too close to the model?"
(139) Agatha: "Like a ring of salt or some such?"
** (164) Git gets out his bedrool and rope, helping Kha bind the model like a wrapped parcel. **
** (128) Kha Consentrates a moment and draws power into himself **
(164) Git: "Basht, "We could see into the rooms earlier, is there anyway we can monitor their progress from here?"
(128) Kha: "I wonder" **muses to himself and steps back from the model**
(155) Rin (exit): 02:33
** (128) Kha begins stairing at the model and wiggeling his fingers as if shaping something **
(164) Git: :eyes kha's action scuriously:
(156) Basht: No.
** (128) Kha smiles and gos and sits back down next to the model contently. "That should slow them down a bit" **
(164) Git: "hmph.. guess we can't breathe too easy just yet then. We'll need to keep a vigil."
(156) Basht: By the same token, they cannot hear or see you from the Abyss.
(132) Lellick: "I do hope they don't return before we're rested.."
(164) Git: (did we port in at a specific point in the room? like a raised platform or a pattern on the floor, or just a random spot?)
(156) Basht: (elevator platform from the level above)
(156) DM: (whoops)
(156) DM: (remember the corridor of 1001 doors and the flaming room above? there was a dais that descended through a shaft and lowered onto the floor of the crystal cathedral.)
(156) DM: Of the remaining corridors, only southeastern archway (#3) is lit.
** (164) Git takes a walk arouns the room, thinking things over. "Kha, Lellick, stay by the statue, the rest of us should space out to be ready for them to pop in." **
** (128) Kha nods **
** (139) Agatha picks a spot by the door to the Abyss. **
** (132) Lellick moves over to the model, picking a spot a short distance from it to sit. **
** (164) Git takes up a spot behind the elevator platform. **
(128) Kha: (( I am nodding off ))
(139) Agatha: "I suppose I'll take first watch. I'm well enough after Lellick's magicks."
** (164) Git takes a seat to wait, placing Suhail and a dagger in his lap. Errantly he begins to hum Fizzle's knight song in boredom. **
(164) Git: "No first watch... we can't afford to be asleep when they show up."
** (166) ticattack summons a floating disk of force, and takes a seat, half lounging, half laying on the shimmering surface. **
** (166) J'hzuu summons a floating disk of force, and takes a seat, half lounging, half laying on the shimmering surface. **
(166) J'hzuu: ((Gah...))
(156) TaliesinNYC: won't let me add a new alias to the library
(166) J'hzuu: ((Is there a limit? Try removing some old ones?))
(128) Kha: (( there isnt a limit, or shouldnt be ))
(139) Agatha: "Well, we can't really fight them in this condition. Kha's hurting. Lelllick's nearly depleted. If we don't get some rest we'll be as good as dead."
(156) DM: Someone chuckles evilly.
(128) Dj Gilcrease: "I am fine Agatha"
(128) Kha: "I am fine Agatha"
** (132) Lellick looks up, blinking. "...How's that funny?" **
** (128) Kha looks around for the source of the laugh **
** (166) J'hzuu looks up as the chuckling sounds. "J'hzuu doesn not think all will get to rest". **
(164) Git: "Hmmm?" :grabs for his blades as he looks about the room:
(156) DM: It's coming from the corridor that leads to the Black Abyss teleporter.
** (139) Agatha whispers to the others as she picks up her axe. "Get ready." **
(156) DM: (and on this note, we'll stop)
(164) Git: (this should be interesting.)
(128) Dj Gilcrease: see yall next week
(166) J'hzuu: Adios.
(164) Git: g'nite
(166) J'hzuu: Disconnecting from server...
(166) ticattack (exit): 03:02
(139) Gautam: Still confused as heck as to what happened.
(128) Dj Gilcrease: Disconnecting from server...
(128) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 03:02
(156) DM: oh yes, when next session opens, I need you to load your minis and position themselves inside the room
(164) Git: doubt that will be resolved anytime tonight
(156) DM: confused?
(156) DM: no not tonight
Attempting to DISABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now unmoderated
(156) DM: what do you want me to explain?
(156) DM: you want to know about the dream?
(139) Gautam: Well who was real and I forget what was so important about the orb.
(156) DM: ah
(156) DM: there was only one emerald drake, a mature adult actually
(156) DM: the other two were illusions
(156) DM: there was one draconic orb
(156) DM: the orb was the source of the nightmares
(156) DM: hum, how to explain the whole test
(156) DM: your basic goal was to retrieve the minaret
(156) DM: however the major obstacle was defeating the orb
(156) DM: the orb was the source of the nightmare that pervaded Celdenir. it created the drake and housed the spirit of the elven king.
(156) DM: the drake used the magic of the orb to whisper nightmares to the elven king's spirit which then gave the dream physical form
(156) DM: you could awake from the dream in any number of ways, which was revealed to you in the vision produced by the coin toss when you crossed the river that formed the boundary of the forest kingdom
(156) DM: you could...
(156) DM: kill the emerald drake
(156) DM: shatter the orb
(156) DM: or demonstrate the power of redemptive love to the elven king
(156) DM: or some combination of all three
(156) DM: killing the drake was highly unlikely in game terms
(156) DM: shattering the orb or comforting the king's spirit would be the more likely solution
(156) DM: that clear things up for you?
(132) Lellick: So we just took the one that required brute force XD
(156) DM: yes, and Kha almost died in the process, lol
(156) DM: except I rolled a bunch of 1s
(156) DM: about the dream
(156) DM: each of you were placed in a different track
(156) DM: 5 PCs, 5 tracks
(156) DM: each track had a set number of encounters
(156) DM: there were 3 levels of the dream
(156) DM: on level 1 of the dream, all PCs were real and you met illusionary NPCs
(156) DM: on level 2 of the dream, one PC per track was real and the rest were illusions PER ENCOUNTER
(156) DM: so for example in the encounter with evil Morti, Kha was the real PC, the rest were illusions
(156) DM: on level 3 of the dream, your BABs and saves were switched
(156) DM: later I decided that things were going to get confusing so I dropped the number of tracks to 3
(164) Git: too late
(156) DM: so in the final battle, there are 3 drakes and 3 sets of PCs, not 5 drakes and 5 sets of PCs
(132) Lellick: ..there would have been five? Ouch!
(164) Git: good call... well, I'm off. Night
(156) DM: yes. and it would have dragged on and on
(156) DM: nite
(132) Lellick: 'Night Git
(164) Git: Disconnecting from server...
(164) Lunauc (exit): 03:15
(156) DM: you could sort of tell who was real and who was fake based on which PC disappeared from a track
(156) DM: for instance, in the track where Agatha died, that obviously wasn't the group with the real PCs
(156) DM: if the real PC died in his or her own track, he or she would disappear from all tracks
(156) DM: if a fake PC died, then he or she would disappear from that track only
(156) DM: for each 4 illusionary damage suffered by a fake PC, the real PC took 1 damage
(156) DM: however if the real PC suffered real damage, then that carried across all tracks
(156) DM: as for the dream NPCs
(156) DM: the real Morti whereever and whenever he is in the game took 1/4 the damage suffered by evil Morti
(132) Lellick: lol. I bet he's somewhere going 'wtf??'
(156) DM: yep. lol.
(139) Gautam: Oh that's priceless.
(156) DM: I do have a question to ask you guys but that will wait until next week
(156) DM: because Maximus is no longer with the party, I was wondering if you wanted to skip Mel'Cendia
(156) DM: it will mean changing the storyline a bit
(132) Lellick: Huh.. that's a hard question
(156) DM: if you do want to do Mel'Cendia, I want to know if you want more of an urban type adventure for a change of pace or if you like a Conan type of adventure
(156) DM: if you do skip Mel'Cendia, next stop will be slave land
(156) DM: I mean Kern
(132) Lellick: What would a Conan sort of adventure be like? I'm a bit unfamiliar with that
(156) DM: Agatha's moment in the sun to shine
(156) DM: mmmm
(156) DM: barbarians
(156) DM: barbarians, thieves and decadent empires/low magic
(139) Gautam: Conan would be lotsa swords, loin cloths, James Earl Jones' face strectching into a snake. That sorta thing.
(156) DM: in fact, Lellick will be a standout
(132) Lellick: Ahh, okay XD
(156) DM: lol
(132) Lellick: Oh boy XD
(156) DM: there aren't many halflings in Mel'Cendia
(139) Gautam: Mel'Cendia was only really good for Maximus.
(132) Lellick: My initial opinion is.. things that feature characters would be cooler. But I definitely wouldn't mind an urban adventure if we end up going there later on
(156) DM: well we haven't focused on you
(139) Gautam: It's effect on Agatha could put her back into the "heroes are phony" phase.
(156) DM: and we haven't focused on J'hzuu
(156) DM: so tell me what you want
(139) Gautam: This is true.
(156) DM: I mean we haven't focused on Lellick
(156) DM: I don't know what Lellick wants
(156) DM: I know what Ashley wants
(132) Lellick: That is the worst thing ever to ask me, lol. I like being surprised.
(156) DM: but I don't know what the PC is like
(156) DM: yes but your PC has a role in the story
(139) Gautam: I know. Lellick and J'hzuu are newer, so they haven't gotten much spotlight.
(156) DM: I feel like your PC is just an afterthought and doesn't have a substantive role
(156) DM: I don't know if you're comfortable with that. I'm not
(132) Lellick: I could write you up a bunch on how Lellick thinks and what his motivations are, if you need it. There's not really been anything where he's had to react in a huge way (..except for those commoners being killed), and no one's really asked him anything dealing with his motivations either
(156) DM: well I really would appreciate it
(156) DM: because I like to integrate people into things
(156) DM: makes you feel like you have a part to play
(156) DM: etc.
(156) DM: invests you with a reason besides that the game is good
(132) Lellick: *G* Not a problem. I'll probably get that to you in a few days.. I need to try working on his family write-up again too, that'd probably help
(156) DM: and I'll save this to the log so that everyone else who reads this can sort of know what they're getting into.
(156) DM: ^^
(139) Gautam: Cool.


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms