Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
7 users online
3 Registered
0 Hidden
4 Guests
Registered Users: Georgeweild, Maraweild, StewartGlown


Back to Tolmara Logs
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room

Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(88) TaliesinNYC: Lucius will not be with us at this time fyi
(88) DM: (who needs a recap?)
(84) Git: (yes please?)
(85) Agatha: ((ditto))
(88) DM: (wasn't much of a session last time, you explored a bit and met a group of elves who refused to leave a clearing. they told of a city where no two people had the same experience)
(85) Agatha: ((wha?))
(84) Git: (I meant more like where are we right now...)
(88) DM: (still in the clearing)
(84) Git: (Oh... I thought we had set out already. NVM)
(88) DM: (maybe. probably)
** (69) Dj Gilcrease stands after everyone has rested for a while "Time to go dream someone elses nightmare" **
(69) Kha: (( oops ))
(84) Git: "Can't wait. Nightmares I know how to deal with."
** (84) Git stands, getting his stuff together to go. **
(88) DM: Black rotting leaves drift past, each striking the oily surface of the river with a whimpering sob. The dark water reflects the tortured trees along its banks and the green, boiling fog, overhead. The path branches, with a bridge across the river on the left fork. The right fork follows the course of the riverbank. There is a raft here.
(88) DM: (I remembered you left the clearing and came to a fork in the road.)
(84) Git: (oh.. right)
(69) Kha: "Lets take the raft"
** (69) Kha starts down the river bank toward the raft **
(84) Git: :glances to Kha: "Why the raft? Isn't the bridge faster?"
(75) Lellick: "Do we need to take it just yet...?"
(85) Agatha: "The raft will make us sitting ducks for whatever nasty things are lurking in this forest."
(69) Kha: "The raft cause the bridge seems too easy?" **Kha shrugs**
** (85) Agatha considers this for a moment. **
(85) Agatha: "Good point."
(75) Lellick: "She did tell us to always take the path to the right..."
(84) Git: :blinks at Kha: "Yeah... a raft that could have a hole in it is a much safer choice."
** (85) Agatha turns and goes down the right path. **
(84) Git: :sighs and follows Aggy: "Why do I feel worry trusting the words of a strange ghost woman. I wonder?"
** (69) Kha checks the raft to see how strudy it is before getting on and waiting for the others **
** (75) Lellick follows Git and Aggy. **
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, ok
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, it seems sturdy
** (69) Kha ;ooks for a long pole to navigate the raft with before they shove off **
(91) Git (enter): 23:06
(88) DM: (so is Kha on the raft and no one else?)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (91) Git...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (91) Git...
(88) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(84) Git' from room...
(84) Git (exit): 23:07
(91) Git: /me gets on... as long as it floats
(91) Git: 0.o
** (75) Lellick will relunctantly get on, if the others do. **
** (85) Agatha gets on once she's confident that she won't be swimming back to shore. **
** (85) Agatha get her axe out just because. **
(88) DM: The cool waters generate a cold deeper than the grave itself. The tree bark glows with an eerie dull reflection of the water. Leaves falling from the trees turn black with rot and smell horribly of decay. Even your boat changes a few moments after pushing off! Its surface appears cracked and worn, its fittings loose and leaky. Reddish muck oozes up between the floorboards, like blood oozing from a wound....
** (91) Git lifts a foot, inspecting the muck rising under his heels. "Oh yeah.. now I feel safe..." **
(91) Git: "Ya think she meant the 'right pat' as in the right hand, or as in stay on the correct path and don't get on suspicious decaying rafts?"
** (75) Lellick flinches at feeling the muck under his bare feet. "... Can we go back to shore now?" **
** (69) Kha stands on the raft confident that all will be well **
(88) DM: The river slows to a crawl. Poling along becomes as much effort as trudging through mud.
(75) Lellick: "I don't know about the rest of you, but. I'd rather that we not sink."
(88) DM: In the distance can be seen a rickety wooden pier that juts out into the river. In the distance is a black silhouette of a large city.
** (91) Git rows best he can, trying to get them to the next shore before they sink **
** (69) Kha continues trying to poll the raft towards the pier in the distance **
** (75) Lellick just half-crouches there on the raft and tries not to move. **
(88) DM: Suddenly, the water begins to move more swiftly, boiling and surging around you. Fantastic shapes rise out of the foaming water, surrounding the raft. Three great wyverns, each made out of shifting, thundering water scream cruelly at you, their hollow eyes burning with a cold light.
(88) DM: (init)
(75) Lellick: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
(85) Agatha: init [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
(85) Agatha: "Bloody hell!"
(91) Git: init: [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
(69) Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
(91) Git: "Yeah... we definitely got the wrong 'right'."
(88) DM: (Git, 15)
(91) Git: (how close are they?)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
(88) DM: (20' away)
(88) DM: (think of a triangle with the raft in the center of the triangle, the wyverns are at the corner points)
** (91) Git draws dagger and scimitar and gets ready for the beasts to charge (full defense) **
(88) DM: (Kha, 11)
** (69) Kha Consentrates a moment and draws power into himself **
** (69) Kha is suddenly holding a short spear engulfed in flames **
(88) DM: (Ag, 7)
** (85) Agatha manuevers herself as best she can on the tiny raft, holding her axe in a defensive stance. ((full defense, done)) **
(85) Agatha: "What the hell are these things"
(88) DM: The wyverns rush at the raft, causing it to toss about dangerously.
(88) DM: (all Reflex)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [12,2] = (14),[1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18),[1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
(91) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+12] -> [9,12] = (21)
(75) Lellick: [1d20+8] -> [18,8] = (26)
(69) Kha: Reflex save: [1d20+13] -> [18,13] = (31)
(85) Agatha: reflex save [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20)
(88) DM: As they streak directly at you, one of the wyverns reaches out with a watery claw, slicing open Kha's face (AC 22, auto hit and threat), whilst its companion rends Agatha's sword arm, slashing viciously. (AC 18)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)
(88) DM: (AC 20 to Kha, let me know if its a critical)
(69) Kha: (( miss ))
(69) Kha: (( or not crit anyways ))
(88) DM: (k)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
(88) DM: (10 damage)
(85) Agatha: ((miss, total defense should boost my ac just enough))
(88) DM: (Lel, 5)
(75) Lellick: (So they're right next to the raft now?)
(88) DM: (yes)
** (75) Lellick pulls his holy symbol off of his belt, holding it up high, even as he watches the wyverns warily. "Merciful Tevesh! We beg you for your favor! Protect us from those that would do us harm!" **
(75) Lellick: (Casting defensively against DC of 18)
(75) Lellick: (Rolling Concentration now - )
(75) Lellick: [1d20+12] -> [13,12] = (25)
** (75) Lellick finishes his plea, both the wyverns and those on the raft briefly glow with a pure, white light. **
(75) Lellick: (casting Prayer - allies get +1 to attacks, weapon damage, saves and skills, enemies get -1 to all those, will last for 6 rounds)
(75) Lellick: (And, done)
(88) DM: (k)
(88) DM: (Git, 15)
(88) DM: (k)
** (91) Git leans in quick and stabs for the watery wyvern who opened kha's face. a slash of Suhail and one more stab for the neck follow for good measure. **
(91) Git: Ceremonial Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [4,11] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d4+1+0] -> [4,1,0] = (5)
(91) Git: Suhail (2-w) Attack Roll: [1d20+6] -> [14,6] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+0] -> [1,2,0] = (3)
(91) Git: Ceremonial Dagger(2nd) Attack Roll: [1d20+2] -> [12,2] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d4+1+0] -> [3,1,0] = (4)
(91) Git: (+1 to all attacks, 16, 21, 15)
(88) DM: (one hit)
(88) DM: (Kha, 11)
** (69) Kha strikes back at the creature that cut his face **
(69) Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+16] -> [11,16] = (27) ===> Damage: [2d12+4] -> [5,2,4] = (11)
(69) Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [19,11] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d12+4] -> [4,9,4] = (17)
(88) DM: (2 hits)
(88) DM: Your fiery spear cuts through the wyvern's watery skin, causing it to dissipate in a cloud of foul smelling steam.
(88) DM: (Ag, 7)
** (85) Agatha tears her arm back from the wyvern and adjusts her grip on her greataxe, following with wide swings against the offending monster. "Paws off, ugly!" **
(85) Agatha: ((full attack))
(85) Agatha: 1st attack: [1d20+15] -> [17,15] = (32)
(88) DM: (hit)
(85) Agatha: -->dmg [1d12+6+1+1] -> [2,6,1,1] = (10)
(85) Agatha: 2nd attack: [1d20+3+4+1+1] -> [4,3,4,1,1] = (13)
(88) DM: Foul, corrupted water splashes in all directions. The creature's inner glow diminishes accordingly.
(88) DM: (miss)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [9,2] = (11),[1d20+2] -> [19,2] = (21)
(88) DM: One of the wyverns takes to the air and howls in fury, threatening to rake its watery claws across Agatha's broad back (miss), whilst its companion slashes at Kha's outstretched arm, barely missing (AC 21).
(88) DM: (barely hitting I mean)
(88) DM: (Lel, 5)
** (69) Kha drops his arm just in time to avoid being clawed **
** (75) Lellick turns to face the wyvern that no one's taken swings at yet, shifting his feet to stand more solidly on the raft. **
(75) Lellick: (Total defense, no other action)
(88) DM: (Git, 15)
(91) Git: :Hackey slashy:
(91) Git: Ceremonial Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [9,11] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d4+1+0] -> [1,1,0] = (2)
(91) Git: Suhail (2-w) Attack Roll: [1d20+6] -> [7,6] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+0] -> [4,2,0] = (6)
(91) Git: Ceremonial Dagger(2nd) Attack Roll: [1d20+2] -> [9,2] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d4+1+0] -> [1,1,0] = (2)
(88) DM: (dagger hits)
(91) Git: (21, 14, 12)
(88) DM: (Kha, 11)
** (69) Kha quickly thrusts his spear up into the one that just tried to take his arm off **
(69) Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+16] -> [7,16] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d12+4] -> [12,4,4] = (20)
(69) Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [19,11] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d12+4] -> [6,4,4] = (14)
(88) DM: This second wyvern, like the first, dissipates in a cloud of odiferous steam.
(88) DM: (Ag, 7)
** (85) Agatha focuses on the last creature and goes to town on the watery serpent. ((full attack)) **
(85) Agatha: 1st attack: [1d20+15] -> [8,15] = (23)
(88) DM: (hit)
(85) Agatha: -->dmg [1d12+6+1+1] -> [9,6,1,1] = (17)
(88) DM: It dissipates, like all the others, in a cloud of steam.
(98) RenegadePeon (enter): 23:57
(88) DM: With the watery wyverns' deaths, the river slowly subsides.
(85) Agatha: "Hmph. Some welcome party."
(85) Agatha: "They really ought to put up a sign about that sort of thing."
** (69) Kha laughs **
(85) Agatha: "Beware of water monsters or some such."
** (75) Lellick relaxes, if only slightly. "There might be more of them. We're going back to shore now, right?..." **
(88) DM: A sagging pier juts out into the deathly cold waters of the river. Green and gray fungus hangs from its broken stone. Thrusting up through the layers of fog are two great pillars, standing at the corners of the pier. Beyond them, a road of cracke stones leads toward the black silhouette of a large city.

A huddled form can be seen at the base of the pier.

** (91) Git gives the laughing Kha a stern look before answering Lellick: "Pier's closer." **
** (69) Kha continues poling the raft to the pear and calls out as they aproch "Hello there" **
(75) Lellick: "Pier, shore, it still means land."
(88) DM: There seems to be no response forthcoming.
** (91) Git eyes the figure suspiciously. Putting away his weapons, he carefully leads the raft to the pier to come ashore **
** (69) Kha poles untill they reach the pier **
(88) DM: It appears to be the body of a gnome, sleeping soundly.
(88) DM: ....or perhaps a corpse?
(88) DM: It's Fizzlefazzle Feelgood.
** (75) Lellick will hop off of the raft as soon as they reach the pier. **
(85) Agatha: "I say, Ahoy there!"
(88) DM: No response is forthcoming.
(91) Git: :Once landed, Git climbs up onto the pier, looking over the familiar gnome. nudging him with the toe of his boot, he calls, "Hey, you alive?"
** Fizzlefazzle Feelgood snores heavily. **
(88) DM: A tarnished spoon can be seen, cradled in his grubby fingers.
(91) Git: "Guess so." :kicks him a bit harder:
(88) Fizzlefazzle Feelgood: Mmmm, yeth, I thought it wath time for thea.
** (85) Agatha puts her axe away and climbs up after Git. **
(69) Kha: "Wonder how he got here, he sure can dig with that spoon of his"
(88) Fizzlefazzle Feelgood: (mumbles)
** (75) Lellick stares bemusedly at the gnome. **
(91) Git: :crouches down: "Hey feelgood. How are things?"
** Fizzlefazzle Feelgood turns over and opens his eyes, bemusedly. "Oh, ith you." (yawns) **
(88) Fizzlefazzle Feelgood: Ith it tea yet? I wath thpeaking to the Theik lath night.
** Fizzlefazzle Feelgood looks up at Git and then at you all, in a dazed air. "Where....where am I?" **
(91) Git: "I'm not really sure how to answer that. let's just say you're in a dream."
(69) Kha: "Lost in some ones nightmare it would seem, atleast from what the elves told us."
(88) Fizzlefazzle Feelgood: A dweam? Ith thange for a dweam.
(88) DM: The gnome seems a bit distressed as he sits up, yawning and stretching his arms tiredly, pocketing the spoon.
** (75) Lellick looks at the others, "You know him?.." **
(85) Agatha: "Aye. I daresay the dreamer is in dire need of a hug. Or a good stout."
(91) Git: :nods to Lellick: "He's strange, but a friendly person."
** (75) Lellick rubs at the back of his head. "This is an amazing coincidence." **
(88) Fizzlefazzle Feelgood: I muth thay, I've neber eber had a dweam before. I muth record thith in my great Lifebook when I get home.
(69) Kha: "Ya we met him digging though a crypt. then again at the sheiks place." turns to Fizzle "You still digging?"
** Fizzlefazzle Feelgood stands up and glances over at Lellick, breaking out into a wide smile. "Felithitouth thalutathionth!" **
(91) Git: :nods: "I'm sure it will make a great read. But for now... what was the last thing you remember before waking up here?"
(75) Lellick: "Ah... ... bless you."
(88) Fizzlefazzle Feelgood: Well (turns to Kha), I had taken a bweak fwom digging. But thith ith a gweat tweasure, my thpoon of digging. (pats his pocket proudly)
(88) Fizzlefazzle Feelgood: Welp....I wath talking to the Theik and waiting for tea.
(69) Kha: "Would you like to continue your break while you dream and join us. You seem to keep showing up where you are least expected. So you may need to do something in this dream to help us"
(88) Fizzlefazzle Feelgood: Hathan wath talking to a woman in black. You came back to the Oathith with her.
(88) Fizzlefazzle Feelgood: Welp, I would like to come with you. Thith ith quite the adventure. My own perthonal dweam! (beams proudly)
(69) Kha: "Great!" **Turns to the others** "Shall we continue on?"
** (75) Lellick shakes his head. "I am not so sure you'll find this dream to your liking... it's been rather... ominous, so far." **
(88) Fizzlefazzle Feelgood: Welp, nothing thith thpoon can't handle. Bethideth digging, it ith quite a lifethaver.
(91) Git: "Eh.. if FizzleFazzle's here, all should be fine."
(85) Agatha: "Aye. Like I said, someone is in very good need of a strong drink.
** Fizzlefazzle Feelgood whips out his spoon and engages in a fierce attack stance. You can't help but chuckle at the comical sight. **
** (91) Git begins walking toward the city in the distance, grinning back at the gnome's humorous attitude and talking on with him. "By the way, this woman in black you mentioned, did you catch her name?" **
** (75) Lellick smiles crookedly, and somewhat uncertainly. "..As you say, then." **
(88) Fizzlefazzle Feelgood: Though I muth thay, thith could uth thome decowation.
(88) Fizzlefazzle Feelgood: I....oh yeth. I think ith wath Aja...Aja...Ajaiyah.
** (69) Kha caughs and start off toward the city **
(91) Git: (I thought she come to the oasis with us)
(88) DM: A cracked iron gate can be seen ahead that leads directly into the city.
(91) Git: (oh wait.. or did we just send her back with Hazan?)
(88) DM: (yes she did, that's what Fizzlefazzle said)
(91) Git: "Ah... they made it safely. That's good to hear."
(88) DM: (recall that she accompanied you when you left the Everlasting but didn't go with you to the Crypt)
(69) Kha: (( AFK for a smoke ))
** (91) Git continues on toward the opening of the gate, looking about for anything moving in the city walls before daring to enter. **
** (75) Lellick mutters, mostly to himself, "I suppose there's nothing left to prepare..." **
(88) DM: The gate swings open...and as it does, it begins to scream a piercing wail that echoes across all of Celdenor.

Green fog and smoke pours from its throat, swirling down the road and into the land. Inside, you see a constantly shifting vision of tortured streets and buildings.

The great blackness of the Palace of Stars claws its way into the deep gray sky.

Welcome to the Elvenhome.

** (91) Git draws Suhail, giving the blade a twirl before resting it on his shoulder **
(88) DM: The sword glows with a dim topaz radiance.
(91) Git: :mutters to the sword: "Guess you don't like it here much either."
** (91) Git takes a deep breath and calls out into the city in elven tongue, "Please excuse our intrusion. We're coming in now!" **
(91) Git: :galncing back to the others: "Shall we?"
** (85) Agatha releases her greataxe, Bar'eth-el, from its straps. "But of course." **
** (75) Lellick actually takes a few steps back as the gates open, staring at what's revealed with trepidation. "..yes, let's get this over with." **
whispering to Lellick, you have your list of prepared spells, right?
** (69) Kha enters with the others **
** (91) Git strolls into the city, musing aloud as he walks, "The ancient home of the elves... on some level.. i feel kind of unworthy to enter as a half-breed." **
(91) Git: :grins: "Of course the other levels all tell me, there's no place i don't belong."
(85) Agatha: "Bah. If they didn't want visitors they should have put up a sign."
** (75) Lellick stays towards the back of the group, keeping an eye on Fizzle. "..is that so? I would have thought by looking that they don't welcome visitors..." **
(91) Git: "Guess they're not big on signs."
(88) DM: As you enter the gate, the terrible screaming ceases.
(88) DM: The gate slams shut behind you, blocking the way back. Ahead, you see twisted streets winding into the thick green fog. The buildings on either side seem to lean over, smothering you. There is the sickly smell of burning flesh. A number of dark figures can be seen approaching you. They bear a great burden on their shoulders and sway as they walk.
(88) Fizzlefazzle Feelgood: (hums)
(88) Fizzlefazzle Feelgood: Mawyhadawiddlewambwhothfleethwathwhiteaththnow...
(100) Git (enter): 00:38
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (100) Git...
(100) Git: (I return!)
(88) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(91) Git' from room...
(91) Git (exit): 00:38
** (75) Lellick jumps a little, turning quickly to look at the gate before facing forward again. **
(88) Fizzlefazzle Feelgood: The gate slams shut behind you, blocking the way back. Ahead, you see twisted streets winding into the thick green fog. The buildings on either side seem to lean over, smothering you. There is the sickly smell of burning flesh. A number of dark figures can be seen approaching you. They bear a great burden on their shoulders and sway as they walk. (repeating for Git's benefit)
(69) Kha: "You need to slow down a bit when you sing that there Fizzle, so other people can understand the words, like this" **Kha starts Singing** "Marry had a little lam, little lamb"
(75) Lellick: "..SHH! Now is not the time to be singing!"
(100) Git: (thanks)
** (100) Git bows to the approaching figures, offering in elven, "Please accept our arrival. We mean no harm." **
(69) Kha: "Why isnt now the time to sing? I could recite a pome while we walk if you would prefer"
(85) Agatha: "Y'know it's funny. I never thought elves were big on heavy lifting. I figure they just magiked everything to and fro."
** (75) Lellick groans and rubs his forehead. "I realize that we are marching in here, but some amount of stealth would be appreciated." **
(100) Git: :offers lightly aside to Aggy: "Not all elves are mages... and not all of them are suffering in nightmares."
(88) DM: They're elves, forced to carry a great chair to which they are chained like galley slaves. A hooded and cloaked figure sits in the chair, dressed in ornate robes. As the figure turns its head to face you, upon Git's greeting, you can see that there is no head within its folds!
** (100) Git bites his lip to keep straight, as talking with a headless man is definitely a new experience. "Good day to you." **
(88) Voice: Ilsyndaril Celebras, dead King of dead elves, bids you welcome to his domain. None who look upon its beauty shall leave again.

So it is written.

** (69) Kha starts reciting a poem "I bring Death, I breath Death, I live Death, I am Death" but stops when the headless thing speaks **
(88) DM: The headless figure addresses itself to Git, in a sonorous voice.
(100) Git: :shrugs and offers affably: "We do ot plan to leave again. Just the one time."
** (75) Lellick looks towards the chair and it's.. people, staring. Just a bit. **
(88) DM: The elves look upon you listlessly as the figure directs them to shoulder their burden once more.
** (85) Agatha looks around at their surroundings. "Beauty, eh?" **
** (69) Kha finishes the poem ad the thing starts on its way again **
(100) Git: :assures Aggy: "It's a realitve term."
(88) Voice: Yes. In ancient times was Celdenor the jewel of the Ara-Cemnari, until the coming of the Shadow and the threat that stretched across the land. Ilsyndaril was our King, a dead King of dead elves, and in his pride, in his hubris, he brought forth that which lives in our dreams and we in it.
(69) Kha: Text: I bring Death
I breath Death
I live Death
I are Death

The shadows are my armor
The night my shelter
Death my blessing

The sound my enemy
The movment my target
Death my curse

I bring Death
I breath Death
I live Death
I are Death

The children cry
as I lay their parents down.
Their sound silenced
before I move on.

My minds gone
numb to the pain
My thoughts twisted
by the Death I bring.

(88) DM: The figure listens closely to Kha as he finishes singing, then directs the slaves to walk their path once more.
** (69) Kha coghs after finishing the poem **
(100) Git: :Calls out to the departing hooded man: "Before you go, could you point us in the way of the King's castle?"
(69) Kha: "Well then shall we continue? I am guessing we need to get to the Palace of Stars"
(88) DM: Suddenly, the sound of haunting music is heard. The sad sound of a lute wails an ancient children's song. The sound comes from the end of the lane.
whispering to Git, I need you to prepare Morti.
(88) DM: The figure seems to not have heard Git.
** (100) Git looks off to the music, wondering what approaches now. **
(88) DM: You come into a mist-shrouded courtyard, surrounded by broken walls of jagged stone. A wooden gate is set into the wall at the far end of the courtyard.

The courtyard itself is filled with elves. Although their clothing is torn and ragged, it appears that many of these elves have made some effort to look presentable by patching and mending.

** (75) Lellick takes a deep breath, looking at the elves as they come to the courtyard. **
(88) DM: In the center of the courtyard stands a scaffold. A figure, its head shrouded in a hood kneels on the scaffold. The prisoner is bound head and foot, its head lies on a great block. Another hooded figure stands next to the prisoner, a great axe poised above the prisoner's neck.
(88) DM: Elven children run and play, their laughter echoing hollowly against the walls. Adult elves go about their affairs or stand in groups talking casually to each other. All seem unaware of the impending execution. The melancholy sound ot the lute floats through the mists.
(88) TaliesinNYC: [1d10] -> [8] = (8)
** (100) Git comes silently upon the scene. watching for now, unless the elves take interest in the group. Looking to the stage, he examines the apparent executee, wondering what law of this place he broke **
** (69) Kha calls out to the executioner "What has the prisoner done to deserve death?" **
(100) Git: (any sign of the lute player?)
(88) DM: The executioner turns and gestures with one hand at the axe, with his other hand, whipping off his hood.
** (100) Git gives a groan as he strolls toward the stage. Leanig in to get better look at the bound figure, Git inquires, "Kitten?" **
(88) Morti: She deserves death, for she has broken the laws of this land!
** (75) Lellick takes in the scene with some shock. **
** Basht seems unconscious. **
(100) Git: 0.0
** (100) Git glances up to the unmasked executioner. "may we ask what law she broke?" **
(69) Kha: "So send her away with as as we are just passing through. We will make sure she bothers you no more"
(88) DM: The executioner appears to be that of a human boy of ten and seven years, his face covered mostly by a tattered scarf that moves as he speaks.
(85) Agatha: "Damn it all...What law did she break?"
(100) Git: :As he talks to the executioner, he reaches out to feel her cheek for warmth of life and her mouth for breath
(88) Morti: Does it matter? She is a prisoner, and all prisoners are deserving of death!
(100) Git: "oh...? really? That sounds harsh. How did she become a prisoner?"
(100) Git: (Is he wearing a beard? Bizzarro Morti?)
(88) DM: (no, its Morti in the Wednesday game.)
(69) Kha: (( lol ))
** (75) Lellick takes a few steps closer to the scaffold, balling his hands into fists. "I will not stand here and watch such a thing happen." **
(88) Morti: Kill them! Obstruction of justice! You have no Fate but the Fate you are given! (shouts to the elves)
** (100) Git lightly shakes the cat godess, calling to her to wake, "Oi, Kitten. Nap time's over when the guy with the axe gets angry." **
(88) DM: (init)
(69) Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] -> [15,7] = (22)
(100) Git: init: [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
(100) Git: "Eh?
(85) Agatha: "Oh lovely."
(75) Lellick: [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16)
(85) Agatha: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [14] = (14)
(100) Git: M init: [1d20+2] -> [13,2] = (15)
(88) DM: (Kha, 22)
(88) DM: At the diminutive boy's command, all of the elves turn as one to the party with angered expressions on their faces.
(88) DM: There seem to be 14 of them. (loading map in a minute)
(100) Git: "This can't be good." :grips Suhail tight:
** (69) Kha shoves the man with the Axe into the crowd of elves and turns to face them "Git see if you can free her, this is going to get messy" **
** (69) Dj Gilcrease 's spear tip starts craceling with electrisity as he turns to face the elves **
(88) DM: (not to scale, assume each square is 5')
(88) DM: (Lel, 16)
(75) Lellick: "Concentrate on the executioner! I can handle some of the others!"
** (75) Lellick holds up his holy symbol as he casts a spell, "May Tevesh shelter me from harm," a faintly glowing oval of white energy forming around him. **
(88) DM: (Morti, 15)
(75) Lellick: (Casting Sanctuary on self, done)
(100) Git: :Morti's cloth mask gives a crule grin as he reaches into his pouch and draws out a bit of gunk on his finger tip. "Those who break the law, must pay the price!" :With a rush of harsh words and circling gestures, his spell burst out in a curtain of azure flame (wall of fire)
(100) Git: (con check for casting defensively)
(100) Git: Concentration Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [12,11] = (23)
(100) Git: basht, Git and Kha are wreathed in fire [2d4] -> [4,3] = (7)
(88) DM: (the elves, 14)
(100) Git: :then takes a 5' step back:
(88) DM: Moving as one, the elves -- which seem to be unarmed men and women -- charge at Agatha and Lellick, hands outstretched as if to strangle you.
(88) DM: (5 elves on Agatha)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [14] = (14),[1d20] -> [17] = (17),[1d20] -> [9] = (9),[1d20] -> [4] = (4),[1d20] -> [7] = (7)
(88) DM: Most of the elves that reach the swordswoman come within striking distance, seemingly holding themselves back as if in restraint. One overzealous elfwoman leaps at her, eyes bulging in rage as she throws herself atop the barbarian seeking to pin her to the ground (AC 17).
(85) Agatha: "Graahh!"
(88) DM: Four others try to grab Agatha, and miss.
(85) Agatha: ((hit. which one is the elfwoman?))
(88) DM: (elf3)
(88) DM: (someone remind me what the rules are for grappling/pinning)
(88) DM: (overbearing)
(88) DM: (meanwhile, Git, 12)
(88) DM: (don't want to bog combat down while we look the rules up, trying to be efficient in pacing)
** (100) Git cringes back from the horrid blaze, but sees the focus the boy maintains as he stands back smiling lewdly. Already burning, he rushes forward to press the attack, tumbling to a position behind the boy **
(100) Git: :And stabs for the boy's side
(75) Lellick: ( http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#grapple *whistles* )
(100) Git: Ceremonial Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [3,11] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d4+1+0] -> [1,1,0] = (2)
(100) Git: (miss)
(100) Git: "Urgh.. Kha... stop this lil creep!"
(85) Agatha: ((opposed grapple check. [1d20+12] -> [13,12] = (25)))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [10] = (10)
** (85) Agatha meanwhile tries to catch her main attacker with Bar-eth'el **
(85) Agatha: [1d20+14] -> [20,14] = (34)
(88) DM: The elfwoman tries to pin Agatha down and fails (AC 10, miss). (4 damage from her leap onto the barbarian)
(85) Agatha: threat: [1d20+14] -> [16,14] = (30)
(88) DM: (hit of course)
(88) DM: (roll damage on the AOO, then go your normal attack on 4)
(85) Agatha: [3d12+7] -> [6,11,11,7] = (35)
(88) DM: The elfmaid dies. (cleave)
(85) Agatha: ((cleave ->elf10))
(85) Agatha: cleave: [1d20+14] -> [1,14] = (15)
(88) DM: (miss)
(88) DM: (Ag, 4)
(75) Lellick: "AGATHA! What are you doing?!"
** (85) Agatha strikes away at the crowd almost with a look of pity. **
(85) Agatha: "I don't like it either...hraahhh!..."
(85) Agatha: ((full attack))
(85) Agatha: 1st attack on elf7: [1d20+14] -> [6,14] = (20)
(88) DM: (hit)
(85) Agatha: dmg: [1d12+6+1] -> [3,6,1] = (10)
(88) DM: (dies. cleave)
(85) Agatha: ((that was 7, not 10))
(85) Agatha: ((but cleave on 10))
(88) DM: (lol, dies anyway, these are unarmed elves)
(85) Agatha: cleave on elf10: [1d20+14] -> [12,14] = (26)
(85) Agatha: dmg [1d12+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
(100) Git: (poor poor elves...)
(88) DM: (cleave)
(85) Agatha: on elf6: [1d20+14] -> [2,14] = (16)
(88) DM: (miss)
(88) DM: (Kha, 22)
** (69) Kha thrusts his spear out and two arcs of electrisity leaps off it. One into the center of the elves, leaving their clothing smothering, the other leaps into Morti **
(69) Kha: Reflex save: [1d20+13] -> [10,13] = (23)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [18] = (18)
(100) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+12] -> [1,12] = (13)
** (69) Kha then takes a step to be right behind Morti **
(85) Agatha: "....but it can't be helped. They aim to kill us, and there are...hyaah!!...too many of 'em for me to put the kid gloves on. Huuhn!!"
(100) Git: :Morti cries out from the pain of the shock, shaking wildly from the pain as he loses control of the spell (lasts one more round)
(100) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+12] -> [18,12] = (30)
(100) Git: (oops.. just realized I rolled Git's reflex for Morti.... eh.. it was a 1 either way)
** (85) Agatha says to the remaining harrassers. "If ya run, I ain't gonna chase." **
(88) DM: Several elves scream in pain as arcs of electricity from Kha's spear smash into their bodies, leaving flaming corpses in its wake.
(88) DM: (Lel, 16)
** (75) Lellick stares for a moment at the carnage, and then he shouts at them, sounding absolutely furious. "I TOLD YOU I can handle it. GO HELP THE OTHERS!" **
** (75) Lellick raises his hands in another spell, still sounding angry."Tevesh... grant these misguided souls the calm that comes with great wisdom!" **
(75) Lellick: (Casting Calm Emotions... ... on Elves 1 and 2 since there are NONE LEFT NOW. done.)
(88) DM: (k)
(88) DM: The elves drop to the ground, cradling their heads in their hands and vanish.
(88) DM: (Mort, 15)
** (100) Git recoils from the bolt, the grin wiped from his cloth and replaced with a scowl. Drawing a piece of strange tentacle from his pocket, he incants quickly, while trying to avoid the blows of th two opponents **
(100) Git: Concentration Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [19,11] = (30)
(100) Git: As his spell ends rubbery black tentacles erupt from the ground around him, reaching out from the three enemies surrounding him, (Evard's black tentacle)
(100) Git: :And the fire burns Basht, git and Kha for one more round before petering out. [2d4] -> [2,1] = (3)
(88) DM: (aoe of EBT?)
(100) Git: (grapple checks ^_^ )
(88) DM: (Git, 12)
(88) DM: (ah)
(88) DM: (have Morti roll opposed grapple checks as controller of EBT)
(100) Git: tentacle grapple: [1d20+9+8] -> [11,9,8] = (28)
(100) Git: tentacle grapple: [1d20+9+8] -> [11,9,8] = (28)
(100) Git: tentacle grapple: [1d20+9+8] -> [18,9,8] = (35)
(100) Git: Git grapple : [1d20+6] -> [10,6] = (16)
** (100) Git is bound **
(100) Git: :Morti's grin returns as the tentacles crush all three held captives [1d6+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
(100) Git: (done ^_^)
(100) Git: (btw... is there a wall behind Morti?)
(88) DM: (you mean the wall of fire? or a regular city wall?)
(100) Git: (oh yeah, Git's turn)
** (100) Git tries to struggle free **
(100) Git: Git grapple : [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
(100) Git: tentacle grapple: [1d20+9+8] -> [6,9,8] = (23)
(88) DM: Basht is still unconscious.
(100) Git: (still bound.. and yeah, a real wall)
** Fizzlefazzle Feelgood flees in terror. **
(100) Git: Morti: "None of you will leave here alive."
(88) DM: The portly gnome waddles over to a ruined wall and cringes behind it.
(88) DM: (ytes, a real wall)
(88) DM: (Ag, 4)
(88) DM: (Kha rolled a 24 on his grapple check)
(100) Git: tentacle grapple: [1d20+9+8] -> [19,9,8] = (36)
(85) Agatha: "Lellick, get to Basht! I'll take the dirty mage!"
(88) DM: (ok)
(85) Agatha: ((bull rush morti))
(88) DM: (see wall of fire)
(88) DM: (and EBT)
(100) Git: (go ahead.. enter into my field of tentacles... wall of fire has worn off)
(88) DM: (k)
(100) Git: (EBT has a 20' radius. once you enter, you must make a grapple check or be caught)
(85) Agatha: ((damn))
(85) Agatha: grapple: [1d20+8+4] -> [18,8,4] = (30)
(100) Git: tentacle grapple: [1d20+9+8] -> [19,9,8] = (36)
(100) Git: (Muwahahaha!)
(88) DM: (Kha, 22)
** (69) Kha ignores the Tenticals as another bolt of electrisity leaps off his spear into Morti **
(69) Kha: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+16] -> [7,16] = (23)
(85) Agatha: "Whuaahh! Damn you!"
(69) Kha: Reflex save: [1d20+13] -> [11,13] = (24)
(100) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
(100) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+12] -> [10,12] = (22)
(85) Agatha: reflex [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21)
(88) DM: (Lel, 16)
(75) Lellick: "I can't get to her!"
(100) Git: (there's nothing in the phb about damaging the tentacles... not sure what there hp would be or what to roll as a reflex for them....
(75) Lellick: (Can a ranged touch attack get past these tentacles, or are they too tall?)
(88) DM: (yes, it can.)
** (75) Lellick jogs to the side, to get a better view of the executioner, then weilds his holy symbol as he points his finger at him. "I beseech you, Tevesh, show this man the error of his ways!" **
(100) Git: (ok.. apparently in 3rd edition the tentacles are damagable and have 1 hp each, and in 3.5 they seem immune to damage. DM call?)
(75) Lellick: (Casting Searing Light.. rolling for touch attack now)
(88) DM: (doesn't make sense that they would be immune to damage. use 3E rules)
(75) Lellick: [1d20+10] -> [18,10] = (28)
(100) Git: (hit... oh yeah)
(75) Lellick: (rolling for damage)
(75) Lellick: [3d8] -> [8,7,4] = (19)
(75) Lellick: (whoops, almost forgot.. moving the mini now, he did that before casting)
(100) Git: :Morti is nearly knocked down from the fierce light
(88) DM: (Mort, 15)
(100) Git: (question, are all my tentacles destroyed or just the ones on morti and git..? also.. Git never went last round)
(88) DM: (they should be. let Git go, then Morti)
(88) DM: (that might affect Morti's actions this round if he dies)
(69) Kha: (( any within 10 ft of Morti took damage ))
** (69) Kha laughs as the tenticals die off so he can move freely again **
** (100) Git rears in with a rush of hard slashes at the boy, using the back of his blade, hoping to take the only free speaking person in this burg alive for questioning. (nonlethal) **
(100) Git: Ceremonial Dagger(Flanking sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+13] -> [14,13] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d4+1+3d6+0] -> [3,1,1,2,3,0] = (10)
(100) Git: Ceremonial Dagger(2nd, sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d4+1+3d6+0] -> [1,1,4,1,5,0] = (12)
(100) Git: Suhail (2-w Sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+6] -> [17,6] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+3d6+0] -> [6,2,3,2,5,0] = (18)
(100) Git: :Shallow cuts and pommel jabs of Git's dagger drop the boy to his knees, lost of conciousness.
(88) DM: As the masked mage slips into unconsciousness, Basht wakens slowly, with a peaceful look in her eyes.
** (69) Kha shakes his head at the masked youth as he fall from Gits attacks. "You should have just given us the prisoner" **
(100) Git: "Children should know their place." :Git barelty breathes out before collapsing to his knees beside him in pain
** (75) Lellick stands still for a moment, making sure the man isn't moving before marching up to the party. "I would like to know what in the HELLS you were all thinking!" **
** (100) Git shouts at Kha, "And you should watch where you're pointing your damn lightning bolts! You almsot killed me!!" **
(69) Kha: "Are you alright Basht?"
** Basht smiles gently, and as she speaks, the boy mage vanishes. "Peace be unto you, by the grace of Ra, the Ever-Living." **
** (69) Kha turns to Git "I got shoked every time you did, it wasnt that painfull" **
** (75) Lellick whirls around to face Basht, giving her a hasty bow, "Could you excuse us for a moment?" **
(100) Git: :Burned, shivering from pain of his shocks and glaring at Kha, he's in no mood for greetings at the moment. Yet still he forces his face to calm, and turn to Basht, "Nice to see you too Kitten."
** (85) Agatha examines her injuries. **
** (75) Lellick goes over to Kha, giving him a little push. "I am talking to you. I suggest you listen." **
** (85) Agatha notices part of her desert robes are smoldering still. She pats them down. **
** (69) Kha looks down at Lellick "They were a dream, they vanished when you calmed them, I just got rid of them quickly and all at once" **
(75) Lellick: "Like they vanished when you killed them?! I don't CARE what they are! How do you know that they weren't other people stuck in the same dream that we are?!"
(69) Kha: "I am sorry Git, but I could not arrack while those things were wraped around my arms"
** Basht nods to Lellick, as she observes you for a moment. **
** (100) Git just shakes his head at the arguement, ignoring Kha for the moment, and asking of Basht, "So, how did you end up here? And what is your infatuation with being held captive and threatened with execution by strange men?' **
(75) Lellick: "Do you have nothing to say about that?!"
** (75) Lellick looks between Agatha and Kha, glaring. **
(69) Kha: "Even if they were people stuck here, do you think they would have wanted to stay. I dont anyway it is over and done with. Next time you say you can handle something I'll try not to blast them, but you did mention that after I had called the lightning"
** Basht smiles at Git serenely. "In the heart of darkness, your strengths will become your weaknesses. Beware, lest you fall into the dream and never awaken." (clasps Git on his hand) **
(85) Agatha: "Aye. I've got something to say? Have you ever been undead?"
(75) Lellick: "No, I said from the beginning that I WAS GOING TO HANDLE IT. Did I not speak loudly enough??"
(88) Basht: You have drawn Basht here by your memories of me. Ra has granted Basht the right to rejoin you in the waking world.
(88) Basht: ....for a short time at least.
** (75) Lellick looks to Agatha. "Those were not undead. They were people." **
(88) DM: A wave of healing energy transfers itself from Basht's arm through Git, closing his wounds, leaving a pink cast to his skin.
** (100) Git looks into Basht's eyes, thinking her words over a moment before he replies, "It's a pleasure to have you along, Madam. At least for a little while." **
** (69) Kha shakes his head and sits down "I am glad to see you well Basht, and that you will be able to return. That last time I saw you in the waking world you were dead" **frouns **
** (100) Git breathes deeply and smiles as his wounds are wiped away like so much caked dirt in a hot bath. "I knew there was a reason I liked you." **
(85) Agatha: "But you don't know what goes through a zombie's head. Maybe they're still people. You don't know, so you make your best and go."
(85) Agatha: "That's survival."
(85) Agatha: "We had a mob surrounding us. Trying to kill us."
(69) Kha: "Again I am sorry Lellick, but by the time you said to concentrait on the executioner it was too late to stop the lightning the blasted the elves, I was able to split some of it off to the executioner though"
(75) Lellick: "There is a major difference! Undead are not living things. Even if they can think, their time has passed. Or are you so afraid of UNARMED elves?"
(85) Agatha: "I'm not just going to standby, and excuse me, little master, I don't quite believe a pacifist halfling will hold his own against an agry mob twice his size!"
** (75) Lellick turns to Kha, pointing angrily at him, "I did no such thing! I said that from the very beginning!" **
** (100) Git finally speaks up, in a booming voice, "Quiet!!" **
** (69) Kha smiles at Git and stands **
** (85) Agatha looks at Git and grudingly holds her tongue for the moment. **
(100) Git: :harshly he speaks: "They are dead. You can't change it. It's already been done. Whether it was right or wrong... this was just the outcome impulse brought about."
(88) Basht: Mrrr.
(100) Git: "If you want to respect these people then make up for their demise by clearing the curse of this place. Arguing now will only hold us back."
(69) Kha: "Are you all well enough to move on? There is still the Palace of Stars to reach"
** (100) Git nods to Kha, "Yeah... I'm ready. And let's hope we just found ourselves a helpful guide." **
** (85) Agatha exhales. "Hmph. When you're right, you're right. We have to be mindful of the larger goal." **
** (75) Lellick taken a deep breath, speaking to Agatha a little more calmly now. "If you think I am so incapable, then you are sorely mistaken." And with that, he wanders a few feet away from the others, not wanting to look at them right now. **
** (69) Kha calls out "Fizzle it's safe now" **
** (100) Git reaches up and rips off the boy's mask to use the scarf to bind the mage's hands **
(88) Fizzlefazzle Feelgood: Ith it? Whew. (waddles out)
(69) Kha: (( I think Morti vanished ))
(88) DM: ((yes))
(100) Git: (Aaaaawwww....)
(69) Kha: "Some dreams can be very frightning cant they?"
(100) Git: (strike that last line then)
(100) Git: "What dreams? This place is suppose to be a nightmare, remember?"
** (100) Git stands up and looks around for any living elves left." **
(88) DM: There doesn't seem to be any left...
** (85) Agatha looks at Lellick, but decides to let things sit for the moment. She turns around to Git. "So what now?" **
(69) Kha: "Nightmares are dreams. Anyway Fizzle do you know any other songs besides the one you were singing earlyer? If not I think I can recall another to sing while we walk"
** (100) Git looks over the carnage of his half blood relatives. A sorrowful expression crosses his face for just a split second before returning to cool facade. turning to Aggy, he offers, "We visit the castel. We have an audience with the King." **
(88) Fizzlefazzle Feelgood: Thereth a thong about a knight and hith lanth. I have to think about it a moment.
** (85) Agatha turns to Basht. "I don't suppose you can give us directions to the palace?" **
** (100) Git glances to Kha and Fizzle, hearing them talking of songs, he gives bemused snicker. As he turns to walk toward the center of the city, a song trails from his lips, and Elven Death Dirge. **
** (69) Kha follows after Git listening to his song **
(88) Basht: No, but Basht can accompany you for a short time. The ways to the Palace are not easily drawn out, for you are within the dream of another.
** (75) Lellick waits for most of the others to pass by before falling into step behind them. **
(88) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)
(100) Git: :Blades in hand, he strolls along, singing morosely as he depends on his metroplitan know-how to lead his way, rather than any understanding of this specific city,


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms