Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(38) ticattack: ((Aye))
(43) Lellick: (I'd love a reminder of how
the time-unfreezing amulet thingie works, too)
(36) DM: ((explored the Tower, prevented an
assassination from occurring, spoke to Chronias; he gave you a medallion that
can be used to unfreeze any three items or people. he also gave you the
opportunity to ask him questions but I don't think people accepted his offer. ^
(44) Agatha: ((I'll take up the offer.))
(36) DM: ((You just touch the medallion to
whatever it is you want to unfreeze. It functions three times and then teleports
back to Chronias.))
(43) Lellick: (Gotcha)
** Chronias glances over to Agatha with a the ghost
of a smile playing on his lips. **
** (44) Agatha looks at the medalliion in Lellick's
hands and then back at Chronias. "Hmph. You seem to know an awful lot
about this place. Perhaps you'd care tell us what exactly happened here to
freeze time in place?" **
** (43) Lellick has nothing to add for now, simply
standing there examining the medallion. **
(36) Chronias: Oh, that's easy. (smirks)
** (46) Dj Gilcrease rubs his ears "Man that ghost lady could scream" **
(36) Chronias: The archmage who created this
place made a deal with me.
(36) Chronias: What's a century or two between
friends? (rubs his fingernails on his chest and looks at them)
(37) Git: "What a charitable way of looking at things."
(43) Lellick: "So it was nothing these
poor souls here did, then."
(37) Git: "Can you tell us the nature of this deal? Surely you get
something out of it, no?"
** Chronias becomes serious. "Once you leave
this place, this Tower of Mobius, I will be free to go. And in so doing, the
contents of this Tower will be returned to its proper time." **
(36) Chronias: In ancient times did Martek
perform a service for my master. I am here merely to repay his debt.
(37) Git: "Oh. then who is your Master, if I may ask?"
** Chronias quirks his brow at Git and opens his
mouth as if to reply, then closes it. **
(36) Chronias: He goes by many names, but one
of those is Potmos.
(37) Git: "Ah...." :glances to Kha: "Colleague of yours
(46) Dj Gilcrease: "Aye he is the God of
Destiny, and an Aspect of Oneiros"
(37) Git: "Well, on the topic of destiny, I do have a question. Are
there any items or people here which are essential to completing our Ka
(36) Chronias: In a manner of speaking. Mortals
think of my Master and his ilk as gods. But they serve a function higher than
those of gods. (shrugs)
** Chronias quivers his mouth in response. "Your
ka-tet? That is a term I have not heard in a long time. I would say yes, there
** (43) Lellick starts to listen with more interest
now, looking up from the medallion. **
(37) Git: "Oh? Would you be able to name specifically?"
(36) Chronias: You should already know that
which you seek. But...you have no Fate but the Fate you are given...or that you
(44) Agatha: "Hmph. You're talking about
that minaret I take it?
(37) Git: "Yeah... I hear that a lot"
** Chronias gestures with his hand and a small sphere
of light comes into being. There are images in the sphere, images that cannot
be clearly seen though are audible to all within the room. **
(36) Chronias: 721) Urda, the Spinner: Each of
you may ask.
(721) Verdande, the Caster: Each of you will receive an answer.
** (720) Git looks skyward in thought, scratching the slight stubble at his
(721) Skuld, the Crone: A truthful answer, for which there will be no lie.
** (745) Norfirion ponders for a moment. **
** (710) Lellick looks at the floor as he thinks. **
(745) Norfirion: "If you know all, then you know what I seek. Where or how
can I find it?"
(745) Norfirion: "The power over life and death."
(721) Urda, the Spinner: Part of the Test, Norfirion, is that we must hear what
you wish from us.
(721) Verdande, the Caster: We do not act on assumption.
(721) Skuld, the Crone: Your fate is your own, as ever.
(745) Norfirion: "My wife, my children, this is all that remains."
*withdraws a small glass flask from his pouch. It appears to be filled with
(745) Norfirion: "I wish for the return of their lives, in exchange of my
own if necessary."
(721) Urda, the Spinner: Very well. You wish their return to the waking world,
is that correct?
** (717) Agatha looks on the wizard with surprise. **
(745) Norfirion: "As they were before they were taken away from me.
** (717) Agatha murmurs to herself. "He still has their ashes?" **
(721) Urda, the Spinner: Very well. But know this, Norfirion, that revenge is a
road that is long and hard and leads only to endless bitterness. Your family
will be returned to you when you enter the Citadel of Martek.
** (720) Git watches the scene with growing intensity. Biting his lip, he
anxiously awaits the trio's response to such a request. **
(745) Norfirion: "We shall see."
(721) Verdande, the Caster: They will be returned to you alive, without harm to
their heads, but you will be faced with a choice that will go to the core of
(745) Norfirion: "I am prepared."
(721) Skuld, the Crone: And in that choice, you must decide for yourself if you
would live your life or theirs.
** (745) Norfirion looks on unamused. "Whatever is necessary." **
(721) Urda, the Spinner: In Martek's Citadel, you will find a hallway that
contains a passage to a room upon which is a table that contains a model of the
Citadel in miniature.
** (710) Lellick looks slightly stunned, glancing back and fourth between Norf
and the three Fate(s). **
** (717) Agatha watches the conversation in disbelief. It takes her a few
moments to notice she's gaping like a fish. **
(721) Verdande, the Caster: Martek's Citadel contains six minarets. The model
will have two minarets in place, and four that are missing. The four minarets
are found in the Black Abyss, the Endless Tower, the Garden of Dreams and
Amruen Portila, the birthplace of the People, the elves.
(46) Dj Gilcrease: "What function could
be higher then that of Gods" **Kha
clearling having heard nothing else since Chronias said that asks**
(36) Chronias: You have seen this. She who is
Three-And-One told this to you. There is a minaret in each of the Black Abyss,
the Endless Tower, the Garden of Dreams and Amruen Portila.
(36) Chronias: You have seen the minaret.
Retrieve the minaret from this Tower and you will have that which shall return
Martek from the land of the dead. And fulfill your ka-tet.
(36) Chronias: The nature of each of the other
places I now reveal to you.
** (46) Dj Gilcrease shakes his head as if saying
'blablabla, we know all this already, get to something new or answer my
(46) Kha: (( Ooops, forgot to turn on aliases
(36) Chronias: The Black Abyss, wherein the
laws of reality shall change according to Chaos.
(50) Aziraphale (enter): 22:15
(36) Chronias: The Garden of Dreams, wherein
the spirit of an elfking is on the brink of madness.
(36) Chronias: Amruen Portila, wherein one of
your number seeks the return of lost love.
** Chronias turns to Kha. "Even a god can dream,
even a god can die. In the beginning, when the first living thing awoke did
Destiny enter the waking world. When the first living thing drew breath, Death
entered the world. You know this, but you do not believe." **
** Chronias looks down and continues to buff his
fingernails, whistling an elven aria as he waits for the next question. **
(37) Git: "The banshee which killed Kha earlier.... is there a
reason that it remains unfrozen?"
(46) Kha: "Yes I know this, and how
could I not believe I have met both of whom you speak. And that does not answer
my question, as you just described functions of the gods, not functions higher
then those of a god."
(46) Kha: "I died?"
** (43) Lellick looks to Kha, "Well.. yes, you
(37) Git: :waves Kha off carelessly: "S'not important now."
** Chronias looks up at Git. "Yes. Those who
have died are beyond my power but are beholden to Death. And yet, while this
Tower exists, Death cannot affect those who have died in this place. And so,
once you leave here with that which fulfills your ka-tet, all those who are
within here shall go to their proper place be they alive or dead." **
(46) Kha: "I remember the ghost of the
woman with the knife screamed at me, then I we headed here, when did I have
time to die?"
(43) Lellick: "We sort of..
accidentally reversed what we did here at one point. It's a bit hard to
(37) Git: "Ah, understood."
(44) Agatha: "It's probably better that
you stop thinking about it before you hurt yourself."
** Chronias looks at Kha and says gently, "The
Endless are higher than gods, but if it helps you to think of them as gods,
then so be it." **
(37) Git: "Yes, they're more like persobifications of facts of
existance I suppose. But that's no importat. Out of curiousity, were there amy
great treasures or artifacts left in this place?" :A glib smirk plays at
(37) Git: (personifications rather)
(37) Git: (urg.. typos galore)
(46) Kha: "Well if that Madalion can
unfreeze people I would like to unfreeze the Lady who screamed at me, right
before she screamed she said she was tormented."
** (46) Kha nods to Chonias and looks sideways at Git
(36) Chronias: In this place? Not particularly.
Oh, some trinkets of minor importance here and there. But the medallion that
you (points to Lellick) hold is priceless beyond compare.
(37) Git: :glances to Lellick: "Kinda tacky though, ain't it?"
(36) Chronias: In the other places such as the
Garden of Dreams, that is another story.
** (43) Lellick raises his eyebrows at that, looking
over to Git. "Does it matter?" **
(37) Git: :shrugs:
(43) Lellick: "Kha.. he did say that
time would resume as soon as we leave here. It might not be necessary."
(37) Git: "Oh? What is there of such great value?"
** Chronias gestures, and another sphere of light
comes into being, this time with a memory that stirs itself from your
(46) Kha: "Very insightfull of you Git,
I think I understand. Teleute, Olethros, Aponoia, Mania, Potmos, and Epithumia
are what makes this world, thier functions are not inseperable like those of
the other Gods. Though some of the other gods share some of the responibilities
that those I listed do they are still seperate in a way from existance. Am I
understanding this right?"
(36) Chronias: (11649) Basht: You have no Fate
but the Fate you have made, half-elf. You make your own Fate, your own ka-tet.
But you have no Fate but the Fate you are given. And sometimes, your ka-tet
(11683) Git: :narrows his vision at Basht before forcing himself to stands and
strolls on wobbly legs into the temple after hally:
(11684) Norfirion: "Indeed Git, enough of this. I intend to do what I came
here to do."
** (11684) Norfirion returns to the bone filled cloak and picks it up from the
ground and follows behind Git into the temple. **
(11649) Basht: And what do you want to do, young elf? (looks on amusedly)
(11684) Norfirion: "To lay this girl to her rest, so that she may find
some peace at last unlike those I loved."
(11651) Vrondard: "im fine with that... still would have liked to kill bug
(11651) Vrondard: "me swings were all off... what the heckfire was i doing
** (11684) Norfirion turns his back to Basht and resumes his walk into the
(11670) Agatha: "Don't worry yerself, dwarf. I'm sure you'll get another
crack at him."
(11649) DM: (those inside the temple): Lying in repose, across a stone bier
with a smile on her face is the still form of Halthala. This is a crypt, it
seems, dedicated to elven warriors who died in service to Ciriacil Nodelathael,
and Halthala apparently was one of them. She is clad in a gleaming suit of
mithril elven chain, and holds a bastard sword crafted from a strange bluish
metal that you have never seen before. It has a black hilt and is similar to
the Sword that Melisana held.
** (11651) Vrondard follows along but is mostly a straggler here **
** (11679) Ari follows along, feeling quite out of place. **
** (11649) Basht enters but does not proceed further, out of respect for the
** (11683) Git strolls toward her resting place, eyeing her curiously,
"Lovely costume change gal. It suits you." Coming to rest against the
bier with his back to her. "Ratehr rude just walking off by your self,
but... I'll forgive ya." **
** (11684) Norfirion approaches the bier and unwraps the remains and places
them gently on the stone surface. He then mutters several prayers to Ciriacil
in star elven. **
** (11684) Norfirion then performs the appropriate start elven burial
(11684) Norfirion: *star
(11649) DM: Halthala's remains stir in the air for a minute before disappearing
out of sight, with a sparkle of light. You hear a soft whispered "thank
you", but whether or not it is your imagination is unknown. The image of
the sleeping star elf is unchanged.
** (11679) Ari blinks in wonder **
** (11683) Git bows his head a moment in silent respect before gazing up to
Basht with a completely changed and relaxed face. "So.... They wanted the
sword, right?" **
(11651) Vrondard: "hmmm" he seems a bit worried to break the silence
** (11670) Agatha limps and stumbles in through the entrance, but goes no
further than Basht, out of respect for the dead and that she is still woozy and
dripping blood. **
(11670) Agatha: "Aye, something about a sword."
(11651) Vrondard: "yeah Mister Creepy said that"
(11649) Basht: Mrrr....this is the Sword of Mercy, known as Woundhealer. Only
someone who has passed the test of faith or love, in the sla'mori of
Alindal-en, can wield it.
(11684) Norfirion: "It doesnt seem right to remove it ourselves, but if
they were after it, I would think Halthala would have wanted us to take
(11670) Agatha: "But we took the test of skill."
** (11679) Ari walks to Agatha, and without asking or thinking whispers her
(11679) Ari: Ari whispers her prayer "Goddess protect. Goddess provide
Goddess reflect. Goddess unite Help me to see. Help me to feel Help me to be.
Help me to heal." as she casts her healing spell
(11649) Basht: Yes, you did. (smiles slyly)
(11683) Git: "So... we can
(11683) Git: 't take the sword then?"
(11649) Basht: Mrrr....she would have wanted you to take it, but are you worthy
of the Sword?
(11649) Basht: Take it, then.
(11684) Norfirion: "I didnt say that..."
(11684) Norfirion: "I just dont know what to do."
(11683) Git: :gives a chortle and shrug: "Probably not, but when has that
ever stopped me?"
(11649) Basht: (smiles)
(11684) Norfirion: "Should we just leave it here for them to take?"
(11683) Git: "No... they shouldn't be coming back here to disturb these
** (11670) Agatha is vaguely aware that her wound have magically sealed
themselves up. **
(11651) Vrondard: "yeah don't leave it fer em... whatever ya do"
** (11683) Git takes a seat on the bier beside Hally's ghostly form, looking
down at her as he contemplates the situation" **
(11684) Norfirion: "Perhaps we have taken the test, and we merely do not
know it? I'm so confused, something I dont like to admit."
** (11670) Agatha puts a hand on Ari's shoulder. "Again I'm in your debt,
** (11684) Norfirion sighs. **
(11649) Basht: As I said, you have many paths open before you. You can go on,
on your original quest, to seek out this citadel of giants. Or you can follow
your ka-tet. But in order to take the Sword, you must return in power, and
defeat the Watcher who waits, which will lay to rest Halthala's sister.
(37) Git: :glances at kha, bklinks a couple of times, before assuring
him: "Yeah, you've got it exactly." :Turns back to watch the spehere,
wondering if that really is right:
(36) Chronias: You will see the memory of the
Sword of Love, and in so doing, you will then be able to take it when next you
see it again.
** (43) Lellick gives a slight start when he realizes
what the memory they were shown is about. **
(53) Godeslas (enter): 22:35
(46) Kha: "I wasnt asking you if I
understood Git, I wask asking Chonias
** (46) Kha looks at Lellick "You have the mark of that sword on your hand
(36) DM: (recall that in order to wield a
Sword, it must be freely given; if not, you need to know its memory and then
know its location. You must also be worthy of the Sword. That's what Basht
meant when she said, "return with power".)
** Chronias nods at Kha. **
(37) Git: "So the Sword is back in the Garden?"
** (43) Lellick says with a touch of sarcasm,
"It didn't come off when I last washed, so.." **
(36) Chronias: The memory of the Sword is in
the Garden. It still remains where you last left it, with the elf you buried in
(37) Git: "Celdenir... is the Garden...?"
(36) Chronias: Celdenir is the Garden yes, but
as it was centuries ago before the ascendancy of Men.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (53)
(37) Git: "Alright.. I suppose we'll have to swing back that way
(46) Kha: "Aye, we promised her we
(46) Kha: (( rebooting, brb ))
Disconnecting from server...
(46) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 22:44
(54) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 22:46
(37) Git: :Sigh: "I do wish i understood this all better, but I
never was one for prophecy I'm afraid. Never to worry, I'm sure Fate has it all
planned out..." :Lets his head roll back in weariness.: "Anyone else
have any questions?"
(43) Lellick: "I do not."
** (54) Kha takes a drink from his waterskin and
walks a few feed away. clearly done asking questions and deep in thought **
(37) Git: "Then I suppose we should be on our way to finding the
minarets... and whatever else catches our fany."
** (44) Agatha nods in ageement to Git. **
(37) Git: (er.. fancy)
(37) Git: "Any parting wisdoms to bestow upon us before we leave,
oh well aged sage?" :inquires to Chronias while offering a half-serious
(36) DM: (was in IMs, sorry)
(36) Chronias: I could. But you've heard it all
before I suppose. (smirks)
(37) Git: (tsk, tsk, tsk)
(36) Chronias: Oh yes. I almost forgot.
(gestures one more time)
(37) Git: :purses his lips and nods regretfully: "Thank you for
saving us from repitition then."
(36) Chronias: I'm sure this one would
appreciate being unfrozen. (giggles)
** (44) Agatha glances back at Chronias. **
(36) DM: A human male, garbed in slightly
tarnished chain mail armor in the style of an Imperial appears next to you. He
seems a bit dazed and unsure of his actions.
** Chronias chuckles, trying vainly to disguise his
(53) Godeslas: Greatsword (base): [1d20+10]
-> [7,10] = (17) ===> Damage: [2d6+0] -> [3,4,0] = (7)
(53) Godeslas: Greatsword (second): [1d20+4]
-> [4,4] = (8) ===> Damage: [2d6+0] -> [2,1,0] = (3)
** (43) Lellick takes a step back, blinking. **
(53) Godeslas: (sorry, missclick)
** (54) Kha looks at the man that appeared "And who might you be?" **
(53) Gaius: "I am Decimus of Mel'cendria.
(36) Chronias: This is Gaius Decimus, of House
Agrippina. I'm sure you'll do him a kind turn.
(53) Gaius: (I'm still writing out the
Character Sheet :p)
(53) Gaius has sent you a tree node...
(43) Lellick: "How.. thoughtful of
(54) Kha: "Fair enough"
(53) Gaius: "Good...day...to you all?
Where on earth am I?"
(54) Kha: "In a time frozen tower,
stading in front of a bunch of not quite stable people who are out to end an
Efriti who they let lose."
(43) Lellick: "Now, now.. let's not
** (54) Kha laughs **
(56) Git (enter): 23:12
** (53) Gaius blinks a little, obviously still
** (44) Agatha looks over the soldier, sizing him up.
"Hmph. Another tag-along to watch over? I know we take on a lot of charges
but it's assuming a lot when people start to hoist them on us." **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (56)
(36) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(37) Git' from
(37) Git (exit): 23:12
** (43) Lellick gives Gaius a faint smile, "We
will explain, in due time." **
(54) Kha: "He should know the truth
before he dicides he wants the kind turn Chronias said we would give him"
(53) Gaius: "Well...in the mean time...at
least tell me your names"
(54) Kha: "I am Kha Operan, Cleric of
The Lord of Fate, Weaver of the One Power, and Spear Dancer of peace"
(53) Gaius: "Nice to meet you Sir
** (54) Kha laughs again then goes to sit down and
** (44) Agatha is still put off by the sudden
addition. "...Agatha Magveyd, of the Wylund." **
** (43) Lellick bows slightly, "I am Lellick
** (53) Gaius nods to the group **
(53) Gaius: "So...what kind turn are you
supposed to provide me with? Passage from this tower would be more than
** (56) Git raises a pensive brow at the arrival of
the strange man, Silently looking him over for a moment, he finally speaks,
"Aye. If you can aid us along the way, we should gain you freedom, I
(54) Kha: "That should be easy enough
once we un freese a doll and two other things"
(53) Gaius: "Aid you? I suppose I could do
such. What needs doing?"
(56) Git: "The short answer is... muc. The long answer... Oh I
don't even want to think of the long answer."
(56) Git: (muc > much)
(53) Gaius: (Sending description to chat, sorry
if it throws you off)
(53) Gaius: Gaius' appearance: Before you stands a man in Imperial garb wearing a chain
shirt that appears to have been well worn, though slightly tarnished. Of
average stature and weight, he seems to stand and move with an easy grace His
face has the high cheekbones common in Mel'cendia, and his eyes are a dark blue
hue. A shaggy mob of sandy blonde hair adorns his head, and a single, long scar
graces his tanned neck. Strapped along his back in an X fashion are a large
sword bearing Imperial signets and the like and a simple bow-case.
** (44) Agatha turns to Chronias. "So do you
care to tell us why we're escorting this stranger, or are you just going to
spout some convenient gibberish about fate and destiny?" **
(56) Git: :Speaks up in exaggerrated rousing: "Oh, just give in to
it Aggy. Fate is your all encompassing Master, and it will work its will no
matter what." :waves his hands about in phony arcane somatics:
(36) Chronias: He does not belong here, simple
(54) Kha: (( AFK for a smoke ))
(36) Chronias: He was transported here as a
result of a spell that went awry. (shrugs) It is of no consequence to me what
you do with him. Leave him, if you wish, or take it upon yourselves to use what
Fate has brought you. (smirks)
** (53) Gaius blinks at Chronias "Your pretty
cryptic, aren't you?" **
** (44) Agatha smirks back at Chronias. "Fair
(57) ticattack (enter): 23:31
** (44) Agatha turns to the new guy. "You get
used to it." **
(56) Git: :pats Gaius on the shoulder: "That's the way of Prophecy
friend. It's a long slippery slope, which breeds only confusion and
aggrevation. Welcome aboard."
(38) ticattack (exit): 23:31
(53) Gaius: "Prophecy..."
** (44) Agatha turns around to leave. "Well,
let's go find us a minaret. I'd like to leave here before I find out we've been
missing for a hundred years." **
** (53) Gaius shrugs "hopefully time will
explain things better" **
(56) Git: "No.. no it won't/
** (43) Lellick moves to follow Agatha, "I
agree. It's time we got this over with." **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (57)
** Chronias whistles an elven aria. **
(59) Aziraphale (enter): 23:35
** (53) Gaius rubs his hands together "Well,
what needs doing?" **
** (54) Kha stands and follows Git **
** (56) Git actually waits in the doorway a moment,
watching the wizard whistle away as Aggy and Lellick pass him by. **
** (53) Gaius moves to follow the group tentatively,
still looking quite bewildered **
** Chronias turns to a shadowy figure as the party
leaves, whispering, "Donc que pensez-vous?" **
** Chronias nods, as Git waits in the doorway.
"Cela est ce que m'inquiète, mon ami. En effet. Mais oui." **
(36) DM: (ok, so what now?)
(56) Git: "So.. there is someone else here then?"
(36) Chronias: My pardons, I was just talking
** Chronias continues whistling. **
(56) Git: "Uh.... looks to the shadowed figure then back to
Chronias' whistling form. "Right.... Good day then." :turns to follow
the others back out of the room.
(36) DM: ((that was not a conversation you
(56) Git: (uh......... ok....)
(36) DM: ((those four lines will be struck from
** (54) Kha follows Git. "So have we decided what else to un freeze?" **
(36) DM: ((that conversation with Chronias took
place at the end of last session. then the party rested. so now you're in room
4a, one level "above" where Chronias is located. recall that
"up" and "down" are relative in the Tower.))
(56) Git: "Besides the minaret... I have no idea."
(53) Gaius: "Hmmm...I'm just following you
whispering to Git, you know that I do things
like conversations heard offstage frequently. sorry if I was unclear
(43) Lellick: "I'm not sure if we've
come across anything that might be of use."
** (44) Agatha coughs. "Well, there is my
buckler. Though I suppose I can alway find another." **
(54) Kha: "We could always un freeze the
woman who screamed at me so she is no longer tormented"
(44) Agatha: "I'm also what was behind
that door we couldn't budge that had the servants so interested.
(43) Lellick: "Kha.. going in there in
the first place is how you died! Do you think that is such a good idea?"
(56) Git: "Hmmm.. for a time suspended lost wixard's tower this
place is rather dull. You'd figure there would be atleast one item of great
value." :Sighs: "At this rate, I'm happy enough to just get the
minaret and finish this mess already."
(56) Git: :to Kha: "If sh screamed at you, obviously she isn't
(54) Kha: The Ghost isnt, but her body
(56) Git: "Yes, and her body is dead. When we free this place from
time, her spirit will pass on. Let it go."
(53) Gaius: "Free this place from time?
What do you mean by that?"
(54) Kha: "Well if we have nothing else
to use it on" **Kha shrugs**
(56) Git: :To Gaius: "That would be part of the long story. As you
recall, I didn't want to go through that."
(53) Gaius: "Right...well...how exactly do
we go about...doing that?
(36) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(50) Aziraphale' from
(50) Aziraphale (exit): 23:57
(56) Git: "We must retrieve the minaret in a room downstairs...
or.. up... either way."
(53) Gaius: "Alright"
(56) Git: "Ummm... Does anyone remember how to get back
(43) Lellick: "I think it was...
(54) Kha: "Does it matter, this is a
(56) Git: :shrugs: "True, just a matter of persistance then."
:Heads to the southern staircase and heads up.
** (53) Gaius follows Git, still unsure of whats
going on **
** (54) Kha sighs and follows Git **
(36) DM: Eventually you're back in the central
(56) Git: (Tadah!)
(36) DM: (for the benefit of Gaius' player and
the lurkers): You find yourself standing in a 40' square room, dimly lit by
torches on the walls. There is a stillness in the room; there is no sound or
motion here apart from yourselves. With a start, you notice that the dim flames
in the torches do not flicker.
(36) DM: In the southern part of the room, a
glittering object sits on a red silk pillow. It appears to be a crystalline
** (44) Agatha tries to explain the immediate
situation to Gaius as they walk to try and put a halt to all the questions. **
(36) DM: ((that would be room 1a))
(44) Agatha: "They call this place the
Endless Tower. For good reason, too. Just when you think you've reached the top
you find yourself magically at the bottom."
(43) Lellick: "Shall we do the minaret
first, or look for items?"
(44) Agatha: "All these people you see
here are frozen in time. Why? I couldn't tell you."
(62) Git (enter): 00:09
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (62)
(36) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(56) Git' from
(56) Git (exit): 00:09
whispering to Git, 1a
** (54) Kha heads over to the door that the Ghost is
behind but stays behind the door and calls out "Hello
lady who screamed at me, would you like it is we un froze your body?" ** Puts his hands over his hears to block out even moor
sound then the door **
(44) Agatha: "That fellow Chronias tells
us that time will be restored right where everything left off once we escape
here. Personally, I'm a tad suspicious of 'im, but what can we do? I don't plan
on making a permanant stay here."
(36) DM: There seems to be no response from the
(62) Git: :turns to Kha, offering blandly: "You can't be that
(36) DM: ((LOL, oh yes he could. ^^))
(43) Lellick: "..Please don't get
yourself hurt again.."
** (54) Kha turns back to Git "How did you get me out of that room without her
screaming at you?" **
(62) Git: :shrge: "Magicka."
(43) Lellick: "....I suppose we dragged
your corpse out of there before she could scream at us."
(54) Kha: "Ahh thats a good idea"
** (44) Agatha marches over to Kha and leads him away
from the door by his ear. **
** (53) Gaius stands in the room with a rather
bemused look on his face **
(44) Agatha: "C'mon lad, it's bad enough
getting yourself killed once in a day, let alone twice.
(53) Gaius: "So you've obviously been
together a long time..."
(44) Agatha: "Not really when you think
(54) Kha: "Git can I see that unfreaze
thing. I know how I can make it so she cannot scream. I did it to Norf when we
(44) Agatha: "Sure as hell feels like
it's been years though."
** (43) Lellick discreetly (or at least, tries to be
discreet) slips the medallion into one of his pockets. **
(62) Git: :sternly to Kha: "No.. stop playing with the
(44) Agatha: ((anyone got a rolled up
** (62) Git approaches the minaret looking it over
thoughtfully, before asking, "Does any greedy sould care to take a last
sweep of the premises for anything the pilfer before we depart?" **
(54) Kha: "Just does not seem right to
leave her spirit there being tormented when we could release it now"
(62) Git: "It will be released when we free the tower. Don't you
listen to anyone but the voices in your head?"
(43) Lellick: "I would go looking,
Git.. but I feel that is more your area of expertise."
(54) Kha: "I dont hear voices in my
head, at least I hope I dont"
** (54) Kha laughs **
(62) Git: :shrugs to Lellick: "With the exception of some fancy
bauble or interesting art piece, I don't see much worth expending our selves
(62) Git: "Although...."
(53) Gaius (exit): 00:25
** (62) Git scratches his chin a moment pensively,
before reaching into his stachel for his journnal. Moving to take a seat on the
floor he pulls out a pen and begins to write something out on a blank page. **
** (43) Lellick looks to Agatha, "Didn't you say
something about your shield earlier?" **
(44) Agatha: "Aye. I didn't think anyone
would take it seriously, however."
(43) Lellick: "Well, if we're not to be
taking much else, anyway.."
** (44) Agatha shrugs. "Suits me just fine. I've
just got this strange nagging feeling is all." **
(44) Agatha: "Like maybe this is a test
of some sort."
** (44) Agatha points back at Kha "...Or maybe
I've been spending too much time with the lad. Who can say?" **
** (43) Lellick considers that, rubbing at the back
of his neck. "Everything else so far has been a test, so why not
** (54) Kha taps his foot and sits down and leans
against the door to the Ghosts room **
** (62) Git writes diligently, producing a couple
pages which he rips from his journal, neatly as possible, folds up and signs.
"Alright.. lets get your shield back. I have something to give the shiek
in return." **
(44) Agatha: "Kha Operan, you get away
from that door, or so help me, I'll smash your face through it so maybe you'll
finally learn to listen!"
whispering to Lellick, so did you get the
** (62) Git stands up and heads for the door to the
shiek's room, calling back to Aggy: "Or do you mind if we leave it
** (44) Agatha turns politely to Git after snapping
at Kha, not missing a beat. "It's done well by me, but it's nothing
special. Do what you will." **
** (43) Lellick will follow Git. **
(62) Git: "Hmm.. alright then."
** (44) Agatha tugs on Kha's ear and leads him away
like a misbehaving child as she follows Kha. **
(44) Agatha: ((as she follows Git*
(44) Agatha: heh ))
** (54) Kha shrugs at Agatha but stays seated "You all can go do what you have to do. I wont go in
the room, no point without th unfreaze thing." **
** (62) Git heads for the shiek's bed chamber, this
time looking the shiek over for any prominent items on him or in the room, a
signet ring, a crown or such which may be of import to the man **
(36) DM: ((yes))
(36) DM: ((a signet ring on his right hand))
(62) Git: :to lellick: "See that ring? Take it."
** (62) Git reopens the letter, to take on at the
end. "PS. If I meet you or one of your descendants in my time, I will
return your ring as proof of my identity." **
(62) Git: (tack on rather)
** (43) Lellick looks to Git, then to the ring,
before shrugging and carefully touching the medallion to it. **
** (44) Agatha notices the letter. "Hm? What's
** (62) Git then folds the letter back up and nestles
it into th arm straps of the shield which mysteriously appeared to save the
Shiek's life. **
(36) DM: The ring comes off the Sheik's finger.
(62) Git: :grins to Aggy: "Lets call it a bill for sevices
** (43) Lellick places the medallion back in his
pocket, handing Git the ring. "Here you are." **
(62) Git: "Now come on. Lets get out of here."
** (62) Git takes the ring with a friendly nod and
heads back to the central chamber. **
(36) DM: ((k))
(62) Git: "Alright.. lets unfreeze this place and head off to the
next Fated task."
** (43) Lellick will walk over to the minaret once
they're back in the center room, kneeling down next to the pillow before taking
out the medallion and touching it to the minaret. **
(44) Agatha: "Huh? Don't we have a third
charge on the little trinket?"
(36) DM: The minaret rolls off the silk pillow,
into Lellick's hand.
(54) Kha: "Isnt that pointless Lellick,
Chronias said everything in this room would go with us didnt he?"
** (43) Lellick stands, holding the minaret gently.
"No, he said that only the things we unfreeze would." **
(54) Kha: "Ahh, my ears must have been
(36) DM: (what next?)
(44) Agatha: ((Question: Did we use a charge
on Gaius or not?))
(36) DM: (no)
(36) DM: (Chronias did that on his own.)
(36) DM: (going to FF if nothing else then)
(44) Agatha: ((we're still figuring it out))
(62) Git: (brb)
(36) DM: (ok. for reference, please include
Aziraphale and The Lurker in your GWs, so they don't end up wondering why
nothing's going on)
(43) Lellick: (Aye cap'n)
(62) Git: (Is a sack full of treasure considered one item? ^_^)
(54) Kha: "So you all know what we have
to do to get out of here, I dont seem to remember learning the secret, but I
was aperantly dead for a while"
(36) DM: (lol no)
(44) Agatha: "As near as I can guess, it
might have been to keep the shiek from being killed. "
(54) Kha: "Then why are we still here
with Time frozen?"
(62) Git: "To give us time to pick our door prizes of course."
(44) Agatha: "Time will be restored when
we leave, and we were able to make it move for a few moments.
** (54) Kha shakes his head and mumbles
"Circular justification" **
(62) Git: "Uh, sure... whatever..."
** (62) Git takes a walk back to the shiek's room,
deciding to look over the assassin and the guards for any interesting items on
(54) Kha: "Well go do whatever it is you
think you need to do to get us out of here, I'll sit in here unless you need my
(36) DM: (ok)
** (44) Agatha ponders what to do. **
(44) Agatha: "Hmm...wasn't there a book
you mages were interested in?"
whispering to ticattack, that would be you
** (57) J'hzuu shrugs. "It could be powerful
(62) Git: "Fine, fine.. grab it and lets get outta here."
** (43) Lellick will unfreeze the book with the
medallion once they get up to that room. **
** (44) Agatha nods in agreement. **
(36) DM: (ok)
(36) DM: Suddenly, there is a flash of light.
The medallion disappears...
(36) DM: ...and time begins flowing in reverse.
(36) DM: It picks up faster and faster...
(36) DM: ...the only exception being that the
items you unfroze accompany you...
** (54) Kha pokes his head into the room with the
Ghost to see whats going on in there **
(36) DM: An ilythi'iri woman appears to be
frozen in place, wielding a wicked looking jambiya in her hand.
(36) DM: Floating next to her is what appears
to be a translucent spirit. Her back is turned towards you. (Kha)
(36) DM: (fyi, Kha's investigations occur
before you release the book upstairs)
** (54) Kha calls out "Hello,
is that you? Oh wait I cannot hear cause you screamed at me last time. Oh well
I am sorry my friends did not free your body if that is you" looks mournfull while watching **
(36) DM: The spirit does not appear to
notice...at least momentarily...
(36) DM: ...and then you emerge in the chamber
with the model of the Citadel of Martek, in the hexagonal room beneath the iron
** (54) Kha looks around **
(54) Kha: "Well I picked the last
direction, who wants to pick the next?"
(62) Git: "So... um.... did it work?"
(36) DM: This time, the NE archway is dark, as
well as the SE archway and the NW archway.
** (43) Lellick holds up the minaret. "I would
say it did." **
(36) DM: Before each archway is a levitating
cryalline sphere. The NE, SE and NW archways are darkened, and the spheres show
no scenes within.
(36) DM: The N, S and SW archways are lit and
each has a levitating crystalline sphere that depicts a scene.
** (43) Lellick goes over to the model, to see about
placing the minaret in its proper slot. **
(36) DM: Within the N sphere: a platform of
giant crystals floats in the center of a whirlpool of red storm clouds that
sinks into the depths below. The island and air above it glow with a soft,
white light. In the center of the island, a miniature crystal minaret stands on
top of a crystal base.
(36) DM: Within the S sphere: A young elfwoman
kneels inside a crystal cylinder, her face turned upward. A tear slides halfway
down her cheeks. Her lovely oval face is set off by dark, almond eyes and by
silken hair that sweeps to her waist. At her knee sits a brass ball of curious
and intricate workmanship, and half hidden by the folds in her gown, a crystal
minaret lies beside her. She is absolutely motionless.
(36) DM: Within the SW sphere: a darkened hall,
and a jewel covered throne. Within the throne sits an elfking, his body rigid
and his mouth formed into a silent scream. One hand rests atop a gigantic
diamond sphere resting atop a glassteel tripod within which can be seen
swirling colored mists. Coiled by his side is an emerald drake. A crystalline
minaret can be seen at the base of the throne.
(62) Git: (Does the elf woman resesmble the silent images Norf made of
(36) DM: (yes)
(54) Kha: (( I am falling asleep, so I am
going to log off ))
(36) DM: The model of the Citadel beckons in
the dim light of the hexagonal chamber. Two minarets are in place.
(36) DM: ((k))
Disconnecting from server...
(54) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 01:38
** (43) Lellick looks over the model once more before
placing the newly-retrieved minaret. **
(43) Lellick: "Now.. which way
(44) Agatha: "One is as good as any
other, I suppose. Though perhaps we should put off the garden for now.
(36) DM: The minaret fuses in place, and
suffuses the model with a dim glow of azure light.
(44) Agatha: "Any strong feelings one
way or the other?"
** (62) Git stares into the sphere depicting the elf
woman. "We should save this one for last. If this really does revive
Norf's family we don't want to drag them into danger in the other trials.
Personally... i kinda want to slay the drake." :grins semi-amused: **
(43) Lellick: "Mmm, I have no
** (44) Agatha looks at Git with a wry smile.
"Pfft. You would." **
** (44) Agatha heads off for the south passage. **
(36) DM: (you all need to agree on the passage
(67) ticattack (enter): 01:52
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (67)
** (62) Git moves toward the SW arch, eyeing the
throne room in the sphere. "Shall we?" **
** (43) Lellick shrugs, and follows after Git. **
** (44) Agatha shrugs and follows. "Might as
(36) DM: (ok, sec.)
(36) DM: You enter the archway....
(57) ticattack (exit): 02:06
(36) DM: There is a mild feeling of
disorientation similar to when you entered the archway leading to the Endless
(36) DM: ...and when your vision clears...
A great river flows slowly through the woods. Huge trees form a vast canopy
above the 100 foot wide waterway. Silvery leaves flutter down to rest on the
tranquil surface. The water is not frozen. Indeed, the temperature of the air
warmer than in the plains. It is, however, not a pleasant warmth. The air seems
as if spring had stayed here too long and was slowly rotting.
A crystalline bridge crosses the river. On this side of the river, the woods
seem tranquil. The forest on the other side is quite another story, as if the
trees themselves are in pain. Gashes in the treebark open up like gaping wounds
that ooze a sickly green sap that upwells from deep within each tree.
At the foot of the bridge is a floating emerald disk. Upon the disk are three
coins, along with a scroll.
(62) Git: :quirks a brow at their new surroundings: "Heh... didn't
think it would be as easy as walking through the door and facing the
** (62) Git eyes the coins a moment, trying to place
their nation of origin **
** (43) Lellick takes a long look around, "I
would say this was a nice change of pace, but..." **
(36) DM: The coins appear to be of star elven
origin, from the time when Celdenir was a great city and not the ghostly ruin
that it is today.
(44) Agatha: "So where are we?"
(62) Git: "Forest of the Damned seems a fitting name."
(62) Git: :suggests as he examines the scroll:
(62) Git: :reads aloud from the scroll: "Cast the coins into the
river to recive a vision. The coins shall reveal your final destination and a
possible solution or set of solutions to your taksk."
(43) Lellick: "At least they're
straight-forward about it this time?"
(62) Git: "Heh... sounds like a Lucky Fountain."
(68) Zane (enter): 02:20
(44) Agatha: "Hunh. Well I've never
known a scroll to lie. Let's give it a go."
(62) Git: "It's signed by Martek. And P.S. As Fate is random, so
too shall the coin toss determine your path or paths."
(62) Git: "maybe not that straightforward."
** (43) Lellick eyes the floating platform a little
more warily now. **
(44) Agatha: "That's a bit odd."
(36) DM: (ok, I need three of you to roll 1d20.
I don't care who does it, but one roll per PC. The roll will simulate the
casting of the coins. Odd = heads, even = tails.)
(62) Git: [1d20] ->  = (15)
(44) Agatha: [1d20] ->  = (20)
(43) Lellick: [1d20] ->  = (19)
(36) DM: A scene forms within the waters of the
(36) DM: In the ripples of the water below, you
see withered trees bleeding from horrible
cracks in their bark. Dark and loathsome creatures move in the dense and
A twisted tower stands among the winding streets of a tortured city. Within
elfking upon his throne, the same elfking you saw in the sphere within the
crystal cathedral. His mouth gapes in a silent scream. Shadows shift behind
him, prodding him, tormenting him.
(36) DM: A woman surrounded by light points her
finger at the king. The air wavers, her light splits the darkness and awakens
the king as the world about him fades.
Suddenly, ripples cross the water. Beside the king is seen a glowing orb filled
with both darkness and light. It falls to the floor and shatters as the hall
fills with evil. The king awakens, and the evil crumbles into dawn.
So ends the vision.
(62) Git: "Right... now we just need to find a woman to blast the
king with diving light."
(62) Git: (divine even)
(44) Agatha: "Hm, seems so simple."
** (44) Agatha isn't sure if she meant that to be
sarcastic or not. **
(62) Git: "Hmmm... maybe we should post an ad in the local square.
Wanted: One sacred woman of unearthly power. King slaying ability a must."
(67) ticattack (exit): 02:33
(43) Lellick: "Well, if we can't just
do it ourselves.."
(72) ticattack (enter): 02:34
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (72)
** (62) Git begins over the bridge **
** (44) Agatha follows, taking her axe out as she
** (43) Lellick takes up a spot close to the rear as
he follows along. **
(36) DM: Dead and brittle thistlevines cross
the road ahead in a tangled pattern. Black leaves rustle along the roadway that
twists and turns among the trees. A green noxious light penetrates the fog
overhead, green fog writhes in layers on the ground. You can see ahead or
behind you only a few yards. The road twists out of sight in either direction.
The trees of fabled Celdenor weep blood.
(36) DM: (I need a marching order please.)
** (62) Git strolls along ahead, eyes and ears alert
for dangers in this warped landscape. **
** (72) J'hzuu is somewhere in the middle, probably
as near Aggie as he can get. **
** (43) Lellick will be last then. **
** (44) Agatha is right behind Git, ready to push him
out of the way if necessary. **
(36) DM: All around you are the trees of fabled
Celdenor, hideously changed. The soul of every tree appears to be trapped in
torment, imprisoned within the trunk. The twisted branches of the trees are
limbs of its spirit, contorted in agony. The grasping roots claw the ground in
a hopeless attempt to flee. The rustling of leaves is a cry of pain and terror.
** (44) Agatha takes notes of the surroundings.
"I'm not even an elf and I feel sad for these trees." **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] ->  =
(36) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)
Attempting to DISABLE moderation in the current