Server Administrator-> This channel
is now moderated
(199) DM: (anyone need a recap?)
(202) Kiral: please
(200) Git: (yes...please)
(201) Lellick: (Oui oui)
(199) DM: (PCs finish up an audience with Fate,
find the fifth Star Gem, reveal the Citadel of Martek and discover Basht's
(199) DM: (2076) DM: Suddenly, overhead, the
sky ripples in waves of clear light and then opens up, revealing an immense
citadel floating 1000 feet in the air. The structure, which is perhaps ten
miles wide at the base, has six elegant minarets. It appears that the legendary
Citadel of Martek has been here, in the open, all these centuries.
** J'hzuu 's eyes open, and his jaw drops a little. **
J'hzuu: *widen, even.
** (2058) Kiral looks up, his jaw hanging, "Unbelievable, I bet this has
been he since I was a kid" **
** (2032) Norfirion staggers back in awe, his gaze lifting skyward with wonder.
(2032) Norfirion: "It's huge!"
(2076) DM: A pillar of light suddenly comes down from the Citadel's base and
bathes a spot of sand in its brightness.
** (2050) Lellick spots the change out of the corner of his eyes, and stares
straight up, stunned. **
** (2058) Kiral looks to the others, "Kha...." his voice tailing off
(2076) DM: Kha is nowhere to be seen.
** (2064) Git watches the gargantuan citadel with a tired expression.
"Great... more huge buildings to explore...." **
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(2032) Norfirion' from server... Removing dead
(2032) Norfirion (exit): 00:24
(2064) Git: "So... are we ready to enter? Or does anyone want to take a
small break first?"
(2058) Kiral: "Do we just step into the light, you think"
** J'hzuu shrugs. "Maybe... Only one way to find out, no?" **
** (2058) Kiral shrugs and holds on to the scruff of Nimer, leading them into
the light **
(2076) DM: (so do you step into the light?)
** J'hzuu steps cautiously into the light. **
(2050) Lellick: "I would not have minded a break, but..."
** (2050) Lellick shrugs and follows them into the light. **
(2076) DM: You step into the pillar of light...
** (2064) Git groans, ruffling his hair in show of frustration before following
into the light, "No rest for the wicked I suppose." **
(2076) DM: ...and vanish from your immediate surroundings.
** (2090) Maximus take deep breath, breathes out, and steps into the light. **
(2076) DM: When you come to, you seem to have woken up on a golden dais in the
middle of a vast clearing....in a jungle.
(2076) DM: Six marble plinths surround the dais, near which there is a golden
gong that floats in midair.
(2076) DM: There is a huddled form here, at the base of the gong.
** (2058) Kiral stands up and rubs his eyes as he does so, starring at the
figure before them **
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(2091) ticattack' from server... Removing
(2091) ticattack (exit): 00:38
** (2064) Git looks around their surroundings for others signs of life before
zeroing on the body by the gong, trying to determine what he can of it. **
** (2090) Maximus shakes the weariness from his body, and moves to the form,
checking to see if it is friend or foe... **
(2058) Kiral: ((players dropping like flies))
** (2058) Kiral moves back atop Nimer and steers her walking next to Maximus **
** (2050) Lellick gapes at the jungle around them, and at the gongs, of course.
"This is the citadel??" **
(2076) DM: It appears to be Basht.
** (2058) Kiral stars at the unknown figure, curiously as his eyes jump left to
right exploring the jungle setting **
(2090) Maximus: "Git, is this the Khajit woman you know?"
** (2064) Git approaches slowly, looking her over. "Sure looks like
(2076) DM: She's unconscious.
(2076) DM: The dais sits atop a small hill that's covered with stones and
(2058) Kiral: "You know this Khajit?"
(2064) Git: :kneels by Basht, reaching out to shake her shoulder: "Come
on, Kitten, open those pretty eyes."
** (2090) Maximus looks to Git, "I'm out of healing grace for the day, so
perhaps Lellick might revive her?" Max says the last part to the halfing.
** (2050) Lellick starts to follow after them.. until he realizes what the hill
is covered with. "...Er. This doesn't look very good." **
(2076) DM: Looking her over cursorily, you can see that she appears to have
been battered by numerous smooth stones.
(2098) ticattack (enter): 00:45
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (2098) ticattack...
** (2050) Lellick tries to not look down as he moves over to the others. **
** (2058) Kiral looks to Lellick, "Lellick, are you okay...ok to heal her,
or should I try?" **
(2050) Lellick: "Yes, I'm fine. Let me."
** (2076) Basht remains unconscious. **
** (2050) Lellick crouches down next to the Khajit woman, looking her over
before grasping his holy symbol and reaching out to touch her arm. "May
Tevesh ease this woman's pain and make her whole again." His hands glow
white briefly before the glow is transferred to her. **
(2050) Lellick: (Cure Moderate Wounds, rolling for damage healed now)
(2050) Lellick: [2d8+6] -> [1,5,6] = (12) -> [2,5,6] -> (2, 5, 6) =
** Basht is healed of her immediate injuries but doesn't waken right away. **
** (200) Git leans over the halflings shoulder asking
with trace concern, "Will she pull through?" **
** (201) Lellick stays where he is for the moment,
staring at Basht. "I'm not sure. She may be in a coma... or under some
sort of magical effect." **
** (200) Git nods, straightens up, and goes back to
examining their surroundings trying to spot any thing over the jungle canopy, a
tower, castle or hill in the distance maybe... **
** (202) Kiral pets Nimer as he moves a step closer
to the unfamilar feline **
(205) Zinegata (enter): 22:37
** (202) Kiral continues to examine the jungle around
(202) Kiral: "Has anyone figured out
where we are?
(200) Git: "Don't look at me. I'm not
quite an expert on teleportation."
** J'hzuu shrugs. "J'hzuu has no idea. He would
think in the floating city, but..." he shrugs again. **
** (201) Lellick rises back to his feet, briefly
dusting off his knees. "I do hope we are. If we're not... it may be a very
long trip back." **
(202) Kiral: "Perhaps, perhaps this is
but an illusion"
(205) Zinegata (exit): 22:44
(199) DM: The sky appears to be a gigantic dome
of glowing light.
(199) DM: There are trails that meander amongst
this jungle, bushes of ruby-red berries and trees of sweet, ripe fruit that
give way to thick jungle.
(199) DM: Mounds of sweet-smelling dirt
surround the base of the hill.
(199) DM: There doesn't seem to be any signs of
civilization that you can see.
** (201) Lellick isn't about to wander off, even with
the lure of fruit. The bones must mean that something isn't right.
"So what's the plan?" **
(200) Git: "Well... who wants to strike
the gong and see if something answers?" :gives a mischievous grin as he
peruses the clearing.
J'hzuu: "All either rest, wait for
her" (he gestures at Basht) "to wake up, or all move on, take her
** (202) Kiral moves toward a path looking to inspect
the fruit **
** (201) Lellick sort of eyes Git before saying to
J'hzuu, "I think we should bring her with us. She might not wake up for
quite some time." **
(200) Git: "Okay, rest up for now, and If
she doesn't wake up soon, we start hiking.
(200) Git: "Good deal?"
(217) Sukoo (enter): 22:51
(202) Kiral: "Sure thing, I could use a
little rest...being a long time since I did"
** (202) Kiral sits on the ground, Nimer laying
beside him as a post to lean on **
(199) DM: Suddenly the forest erupts in a
cacophony of noise...
** (202) Kiral sneaks toward the ground as the noise
explodes, expecting the worse, as he reaches for his weapon **
(217) Sukoo (exit): 22:54
(199) DM: Men...and they ARE men, albeit
dressed in camoflauged leather armor rise up from the jungle floor, whoop and
holler greetings at you.
** J'hzuu jerks around at the source of the noise and
lets out a sharp hiss. His claws extend from his fingertips, and he glances
around wildly, crouched down, ready for any trouble. **
** (201) Lellick looks around wildly, eyes wide.
"What... where did they come from?!" **
(199) DM: From all appearances, there seem to
be at least thirty of them. A horn sounds in the distance.
** (202) Kiral moves quickly to his feet, ready to
change at any time. Kiral can't help but think how easy it would be to hide in
a jungle **
(199) DM: All of them seem to be human, and
look at you curiously, pointing and gesticulating.
** (200) Git moves toward the gong, hoping it will
provide a shield and perhaps a quick hiding spot for a moment. Drawing his bow
along th eway **
** (201) Lellick sounds rather surprised. "They
aren't trying to kill us yet?" **
(219) Samantha (enter): 22:56
(219) Samantha (exit): 22:56
(200) Git: "Um... tourguides perhaps
(200) Git: ?"
** J'hzuu looks at the strangers, his ears flattened
against his head and his robe shifting to a deep, dark purple. After a moment,
when they don't attack, he ventures "Greetings?" **
(199) DM: They look stupidly at you.
(202) Kiral: [1d20] ->  = (4)
** (202) Kiral looks curiously to the people,
wandering how to even approach them **
(202) Kiral: ((sorry))
(200) Git: :calls out speculatively to the
surrounding men, "Greetings from Medinat al Muskawoon. I hope this day
bids you well."
** (200) Git hopes they speak his language. **
** J'hzuu takes a tentative step foward and holds out
his hands in peaceful greeting. "Hello?" **
(199) DM: No response. Dumb looks. Curious,
(200) Git: "Alright... who speaks jungle
(199) DM: One of them smiles at you wordlessly.
(199) DM: A few more, and then the rest of them
begin cheering and whooping.
(201) Lellick: "Ah. I would have to
pray for a spell to communicate with them, assuming that it works.."
(201) Lellick: "... My, they're
excitable, aren't they?"
(199) DM: One of them speaks in broken Common.
** J'hzuu smiles back, trying not to show too much
fang. When they begin whooping, he begins to nod slowly. "At least they
are not attacking" he whispers back. **
(202) Kiral: "/me looks to the one as
(200) Git: :raises a brow to the 'spokesman' :
(199) Tribesman: "Stealie." (smiles a
(199) Tribesman: Several of them notice J'hzuu
and begin cheering louder.
** (201) Lellick stares for a moment at the tribesman,
then starts to softly laugh. **
(199) DM: (lol)
(200) Git: "Stealie...." :thinks it
over: ".. Stealie? ... Steal? Guild.. stealer guild...?"
** Tribesman nods and points to J'hzuu, approaching
** J'hzuu takes half a step back, but stands his
ground, grinning weakly and nervously. **
(199) Tribesman: "Cathay stealie. Cathay
(199) Voice: They're harmless.
** (202) Kiral looks around for the faceless voice **
(200) Git: "Cathay... Guilder ...
stealie..." :looks to his comrades: "What in the heck are they
** J'hzuu looks around, but keeps an eye on the
approaching tribesman. **
J'hzuu: "The Cathay-raht. Khajiit"
(199) DM: A tall, black-bearded human man, in
glittering black robes trimmed in silver dust enters the clearing, carrying a
carved ebony staff with a bronze drake claw clutching a spherical glowing
(200) Git: "Huh?" :looks for the
** (202) Kiral eyes the man from head to toe as he
seems to approach **
** (201) Lellick blinks, staring openly at the man.
(199) Pawnis: They're harmless, for the most
part. My name is Pawnis and I welcome you to the Garden of Delights.
(199) Pawnis: They call themselves guilders.
(200) Git: :nods to the large, bearded man,
offering affably: "Yes, they do seem nice enough. And you appear a regal
fellow. Allow me to introduce my self, as Aragit Fellthorn."
** (202) Kiral looks around at the place
again..."I am Kiral ibn Aydin al-Rey'hani, and this is Nimer. You Garden
is quite wonderful" **
** J'hzuu makes a half-bow. "Thankyou. Ahh...
what is it they mean by 'cathay guilder stealie', if J'hzuu may ask?" **
** (201) Lellick bows slightly to the man, "And
I am Lellick Litefinger." **
(199) Pawnis: Thank you. (bows) But I am not
responsible for this. (gestures to the jungle) I am, like you, trapped.
(199) Pawnis: They think you are their king.
Khajiit are honored amongst the guilders for being master thieves.
** Pawnis seems momentarily wary of J'hzuu, then
smiles again. **
(200) Git: :raises a brow to J'hzuu: "I
had no idea. We could have been having a lot more fun up to now." :sly
** J'hzuu lets out a small snort of laughter, but his
grin fades a bit when he realises Pawnis is serious. "Ah...". After a
moment, the grin returns. **
(201) Lellick: "Well, it could
be much worse..."
(202) Kiral: "J'hzuu, perhaps you have
found a new home?"
(200) Git: :holds up his hands passively to
Pawnis assuring with a smile, "Worry not, we come not to steal, but to ..
actually.. I'm not entirely sure what we're here to do. But I assure you we
have no ill intent."
(199) Pawnis: Yes. You get used to
it...eventually. So, you're here.
(199) Pawnis: Shakti. (gestures with a lowering
motion with his right hand)
(199) DM: As one, the guilders settle down on
the ground looking up at you, smiling.
(200) Git: (do the guilders speak the same
language as any desert folk we've met?)
** J'hzuu shifts from one foot to the other, somewhat
uneasily. He looks to Pawnis for a moment, registering what the man had said.
"What do you mean trapped?" **
(199) DM: ((nope))
** Pawnis smiles tightly. "Trapped. There is no
way to leave this place. I've tried." **
(199) Pawnis: Though you cannot see from here,
there are two massive gates of gold far to the north. And they can't be opened.
(199) Pawnis: Each has a spherical indentation.
** J'hzuu 's jaw opens a little. "But how have
you tried? Force? Magic?" **
(199) Pawnis: My spells are useless against it.
(199) Pawnis: The doors resist all force.
(202) Kiral: "What spells are
** (201) Lellick frowns at that, then points to
Basht. "I suppose she's trapped, too? Do you know how long she's been
sitting there?" **
(200) Git: (we still have the gems, right?)
(199) Pawnis: I don't know who she is. (shrugs)
(199) DM: ((yes))
(202) Kiral: "Have you found anything
that might fit in the spherical indentations?"
J'hzuu: "Has she been there long?"
(199) Pawnis: Fruit? Not really.
(199) Pawnis: I...I don't know.
(199) DM: The guilders don't seem to notice
(200) Git: "I think we can get the doors
open if you can show us the way. By the way.. how did you come to be here, if I
** (201) Lellick rubs his chin, going quiet, though
he gives Basht's still form a long look. **
(199) DM: The guilders just look at you, each
(199) Pawnis: Mmmm, I was exploring a ruined
city. I cast a spell to flee some undead, and was teleported here.
(200) Git: "Hmph... dreadful luck."
J'hzuu: "What spell?"
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, tabbed whispers
still don't work
(199) Pawnis: A fireball. (smiles)
** J'hzuu frowns. "A fireball teleported
(199) Pawnis: I don't know what teleported me,
but my spell was twisted.
(200) Git: "Hmph.. we go to all that
trouble to end up here, and you just stumble on in. How's that for Irony?"
** (202) Kiral looks to Git, "I bet something
more happened than that." **
(200) Git: "Anyhow, these two golden gates
you spoke of, is there any difference between the two?"
** (202) Kiral looks back to Pawnis, "What sort
of undead did you face, the foul creatures?" **
** J'hzuu nods slightly, subconsciously. "A
fireball does not simply teleport its caster to a prison. Something else was
(199) Pawnis: Ghosts from the past. If you were
there, you would know.
** (202) Kiral thinks to himself, Ghosts from the
past. How long ago I wonder. **
(201) Lellick: "I'm sorry to interrupt this
fascinating conversation... but perhaps we should have a look at those
(238) Sukoo (enter): 23:32
(238) Sukoo (exit): 23:32
(238) Sukoo (enter): 23:32
(238) Sukoo (exit): 23:32
(200) Git: "We may as well take that break
first. Rest up for the hike, give Basht a chance to awaken, prepare for what
may wait beyond the gates..."
** J'hzuu nods. "Yes. Could you show all where
they are?" **
(199) Pawnis: Very well. Shakta.
(199) DM: As one, the guilders rise and smile
dumbly at you, then file out of the clearing, to the west.
(199) Pawnis: This way. We have a village near
here, to where we will take you, for dinner. Then the gates per your request.
** J'hzuu nods. "Thankyou" **
** (202) Kiral nods in acceptance, feeling a bit
(200) Git: "We are much obliged."
:offers a slight bow and prepares to follow, moving to lift up Basht for the
** (202) Kiral moves atop the beast, willing to let
his friend carry him to the village...if for nothing else than a sign of
strength to the tribesmen **
** (201) Lellick also follows along, glad to be away
from the mound here now that they know they're in safe territory. **
** (202) Kiral looks back to Git, "She can ride
with me if you'd like" **
(200) Git: :nods to Kiral: "Good. The
chivalrous act is nice and all.." :hefts the catgirl onto the feral mount:
".. but who needs the back pain?"
** (202) Kiral places his hand on the back of Basht
to steady her for the ride **
(199) DM: The guilder village lies quietly near
a calm lake, which is about 200 feet wide and 500 feet long. Among the wooden
huts with woven mat roofs, the villagers go quietly about their business. On
the north side of the lake are several heavy bamboo cages, all are empty.
(199) Pawnis: Welcome. (smiles gently) Dinner
will be served shortly. Please, be at home.
** Pawnis disappears into a hut. **
(199) DM: The guilders look at you with dumb,
stupid blank looks on their faces, grinning wordlessly, as they go about their
** (200) Git eyes the cages with a bit of thought,
curious if they're sized for men or beasts, but for the most part, takes in the
quiant village with a relaxed air. "Thank you all for you rgracious
hospitality." :offers even if the people don't understand: **
** (202) Kiral looks down to Basht and then to the
others, "Where can we safely take her?" **
(199) DM: ((men))
(199) DM: One of the guilders seems rather
normal....a portly, almost obese half-elven man in ill-fitting leather armor.
He's bent over preparing a number of tarantula steaks for roasting in a
firepit, as you enter the clearing.
(199) DM: He barks some orders to a few
guilders, rises and then approaches you.
(199) Bandik: Welcome to our village. (smiles
(200) Git: ((are all of the guilders men?))
(201) Lellick: "Thank the gods more
than one person here speaks a normal language.."
(199) DM: ((yes))
(199) Bandik: My name is Bandik. Bandik
Sparcicus, of Mel Dorath.
(249) ticattack (enter): 23:53
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (249)
(198) ticattack (exit): 23:54
(200) Git: :nods to the fellow half-elf:
"Well met, Bandik. The name's Aragit. You have a lovely little village
** (202) Kiral nods to the man, still seated atop the
Tiger, "I am Kiral. How did you come to be here" **
(199) Bandik: Thank you. (smiles) I think so,
but its a far cry from Mel Dorath. (sighs)
(199) Bandik: Please, be at ease. Dinner will
be served shortly.
** (201) Lellick moves a bit closer, looking with
interest at the steaks. "I'm Lellick.. and what sort of dinner, might I
(200) Git: :nods: "I've never been there,
but I would prefer any city myself."
(199) DM: A guilder bumps into Lellick, smiling
(199) Bandik: Roasted tarantula steaks and
** (201) Lellick stumbles forward a bit, half-turning
to eye the guilder. He mumbles, "..excuse you." **
(201) Lellick: "Erm.. did I hear you
(200) Git: :casts a quick glance to the guilder
who bumped into the halfling.
** (202) Kiral can't help but laugh a bit under his
breathe as Lellick gets bumped **
(199) DM: He doesn't respond, instead giggling
(200) Git: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] ->
[6,9] = (15)
(252) Norfirion (enter): 23:58
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (252)
** (200) Git casually strolls aside, 'accidentally'
bumping the same man **
(200) Git: Pick Pocket Skill Check: [1d20+11]
-> [2,11] = (13)
(252) Norfirion: (Sorry I'm late, if you
didnt read my message on the boards, I've been having some technical difficulties)
(199) DM: (someone bring Norf up to speed)
** (201) Lellick addresses Bandik somewhat wearily,
"Does tarantula at least taste like something, er, normal..?" **
** (252) Norfirion wrinkles his nose. "I'm
afraid thats even beyond my appreciate for fine food and drink." **
(252) Norfirion: *appreciation
** Bandik smirks. "It has an acquired taste,
like chicken." **
(254) Sukoo (enter): 00:06
(255) Sin (enter): 00:06
(254) Sukoo (exit): 00:06
(255) Sin (exit): 00:06
** Bandik notices Git but doesn't say anything,
instead smiling at him with a knowing grin. **
(199) Bandik: Oh, yes, I should mention
(199) Bandik: In case you haven't figured it
out, the guilders believe in theft as a way of life and as a religion.
(200) Git: :shrugs to Bandik and holds out
Lellick's component pouch to the halfling
(201) Lellick: "...What?"
** Bandik grins at the halfling's discomfort. **
** (201) Lellick looks up at Git, glances at Bandik,
then takes the pouch back with a sigh. "..Thank you." **
(200) Git: "I think I'm going to have fun
(201) Lellick: "I don't suppose we
can.. ah.. claim diplomatic immunity?"
(202) Kiral: "And I suppose there is
no...justice, to punish the thief if caught?"
(200) Git: :shrugs to Lellick: "I don't
know. Perhaps if the King declares it...?" :glances to J'hzuu:
** Bandik shrugs. "No. I'll mention something to
Pawnis though." **
** J'hzuu shrugs. "If you spot it, you take your
possessions back. If you don't, they have earned it through skill, no? **
(199) Bandik: Justice? (smirks)
J'hzuu: "Keep things wrapped under your
clothing, secured tightly to you and so on".
** (201) Lellick ties his component pouch back on his
belt, trying to make the knot as tight as he can get it. **
(199) Bandik: Yes, precisely.
(201) Lellick: "..Honestly, J'hzuu, if
one of them stole something important, I doubt you'd be saying that."
(199) Bandik: You haven't met the palanae, have
** J'hzuu slips the wands he carries into the folds
of his robes - still within fairly easy reach, but not so immediately obvious.
(200) Git: "The who now..?"
(199) Bandik: I see you haven't. The guilders
hate the palanae. (offhandedly)
(199) Bandik: Your Khajiit friend healed
herself, which is why she was stoned to death.
(200) Git: "That seems rather.. unnecesary."
** Bandik comments, and then raises his eyes to meet
yours. "Thought you should know." **
(199) Bandik: Well, you haven't met them, but
perhaps you will.
** (201) Lellick speaks incredulously, "These
palanae stoned her??" **
(199) Bandik: No, the guilders did.
(200) Git: "Out of curiousity.. are the
Palanae servants of Ra?"
(199) Bandik: I wouldn't know. (mutters to a
guilder who answers in kind)
(199) Bandik: Apparently, yes.
** (201) Lellick slowly turns to look at the guilders
wandering around the village now, with far more distrust than he had before. **
(200) Git: "Hmmm... we'll need to meet
with them eventually then."
(199) Bandik: I see. (shrugs)
(199) Bandik: Well, their village lies on the
other side of this place, about a day's journey from here.
(200) Git: "Later, perhaps. For now, let
us eat, rest and... get acquainted."
(252) Norfirion: "Eat? Here?"
*flashes Git a look*
(200) Git: :to Norf: "What? They seem
(252) Norfirion: "I'll stick with my
dried rations, thank you anyways." *he shakes his head, wondering how
someone could each such bizarre food*
(202) Kiral: "What is wrong with eating
a spider? Just another part of nature"
(199) DM: An ilythi'iri female exits one of the
huts, then quickly retreats inside. Bandik doesn't seem to notice.
** Bandik returns to his task. **
(200) Git: "Hmmmm.." : noting the
Ilythi'ri: "Ah.. you do have women here."
(199) Bandik: Oh yes. That's Trifaere. I can't
understand her half the time.
(201) Lellick: "If you'll excuse me, I
think I'll stick to a kinder sort of nature food. Like that squash he mentioned
(252) Norfirion: "Refuse is also a part
of nature, but you don't eat that it either. At least I don't. I apologize if
I've offended you, but I'm afraid my tastes are suited for more subtle
food." *he retorts to Kiral*
** No match found
(200) Git: :asks with mock surprise: "You
mean, you can understand a woman half the time?"
(199) Bandik: She's quite knowledgeable about
spiders though. And hunts them well.
** (252) Norfirion flashes a look over towards the
hut briefly, but tries to put the matter out of his mind, not wanting to risk
conflict over his misguided hatred of the Ilyth'ri.* **
** Trifaere exits the hut and walks across the clearing,
glancing at you from time to time. **
** (202) Kiral just shakes his head with a brief
response, "No worries here, to each there own" **
** (200) Git offers the woman a friendly salute and
smile when she looks to him, but does not bother approaching yet. **
(252) Norfirion: "Well if you can't
understand her well, perhaps we should go have a chat with her?" *looks to
** Trifaere strides up to the fire pit, unafraid of
your curious (and hostile) stares. "Quar ussta phuul rakt?" **
(252) Norfirion: "I know the tongue of
her people, and some other languages which should suffice."
(199) Bandik: Ah, time is slipping so quickly
here. Tell Pawnis that dinner will be ready soon.
(200) Git: :nods and heads off to find Pawnis:
** Trifaere glances at you. "Dossta mzil naut
mranaz ulu udossten." **
** (200) Git takes a walk about the village looking
for the mage. **
(199) Bandik: They seemed harmless enough.
** (252) Norfirion answers with a greeting in
** (252) Norfirion he waits to see if she
** J'hzuu nods in greetings to the woman. **
** (202) Kiral moves off Nimer and walks with the
group, quietly, walking those in the town **
** Trifaere snorts. "Usst d'udossten zhah natha
quessir. Natha quessir valanthare." **
** (201) Lellick murmurs to himself, "Quite a
menangerie here.." **
(199) DM: (One of them is a mage. An elven
** (252) Norfirion shrugs his shoulders.
"Apparently she didn't recieve that all to well." **
(199) Bandik: I know. What of it?
** Trifaere just glares at Norfirion. "Usstan
sully lil language d'lil Quarval'sharess!" **
** Trifaere slaps Norfirion across the face angrily.
(199) Bandik: Hey now! Stop!
** (252) Norfirion sneers in returns, his hatred
showing for a brief moment before he waves his hand dismissingly. "Enough
with your ranting. Leave me be..." *he turns on his heel, his fist
clenched in anger as he tries to cool himself* **
(199) DM: Several of the guilders notice this,
their smiles quickly changing to frowns.
** J'hzuu 's eyes open in surprise, and his claws
extend instinctively for a moment before he calms himself. Seeing the guilders,
he turns to them and smiles reassuringly. **
(199) Bandik: My apologies for this. It's the
sight of an elf, you know. (motions to a few guilders who physically restrain
(252) Norfirion: "You cannot expect
worms to have manners..." *he snaps*
** (201) Lellick watches the exchange with a frown of
his own. "..I do not think we can afford to make enemies here." **
** Bandik barks something to a guilder and points to
the hut where Trifaere exited from, looking at you almost apologetically. **
** (252) Norfirion waves his hand again. "There
is no need, just keep her away from me, otherwise I may do something I regret."
(263) ticattack (enter): 00:36
(249) ticattack (exit): 00:38
** (202) Kiral watches Norfirion, wondering where his
anger will take him...for he has yet to really watch the elf unleash his power
** (252) Norfirion shakes his head, his sense of pride
severly wounded. Had it not been for the rest of the group, its certain there
would have been a battle. **
** (200) Git continues among the village, looking for
Pawnis and being quite friendly with the natives along the way, offering happy
greetings, pats the back and shakes in passing greeting. **
** (202) Kiral moves beside Norf, "You alright?
Don't even pay no mind to people like that, they get theirs" **
(252) Norfirion: "Hmph, leave me be
edan. You have no understanding of this matter. Had she not been a woman, I
would have struct her down without hesitation."
(252) Norfirion: "I appreciate your
concern, but now is not the time."
** (201) Lellick groans quietly, then speaks to
Bandik, not even trying to keep his voice down. "Would it be possible for you
to keep that woman away from our elf here? I realize it may be much to ask,
** (202) Kiral nods to the spell caster and moves
away easily **
(200) Git: brb
(199) Bandik: It will be done.
(201) Lellick: "You have my sincere
** (252) Norfirion closes his eyes in meditation,
occasionaly peering through a half-closed eye, suspicious of the folk here. **
(263) ticattack (exit): 01:03
** (201) Lellick turns to look at the others,
"..Well. Shall we find somewhere to rest while we wait for supper?"
** (202) Kiral looks to Lellick, "I think that
would be wise. Do you think that they could walk us to the door before, so that
we might be able to discuss it during?" **
(201) Lellick: "I suppose that depends
on how far away it is.."
(268) ticattack (enter): 01:06
(252) Norfirion: (Guys I'm fading fast. I'm
gonna call it a night. It's been a long day. I'll see tomorrow at gametime.)
(201) Lellick: (Bye Norf)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (268)
(202) Kiral: (Night)
Disconnecting from server...
(252) Norfirion (exit): 01:19
(199) DM: (ok, what now?)
Kha: (( Hello? ))
(201) Lellick: (Didn't Pawnis say that the
gates were far? I'm in favor of checking them out if we have time before
supper.. and if not, resting until whenever I guess)
(200) Git: (I think we were all just heading
bck for the meal before we set out for the gates)
(202) Kiral: (( either way is find for Kiral
(199) DM: (ok, FFing)
(200) Git (exit): 01:33
(268) ticattack (exit): 01:33
(273) Git (enter): 01:33
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (273)
(274) ticattack (enter): 01:38
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (274)
(199) DM: The journey to the gates takes
(199) DM: During this time, the light in the
dome seems to have dimmed only slightly, but doesn't fade away.
** (273) Git tries to make small talk along the way,
trying to learn how the various people came to be in such a place, and how long
they'd been trapped. **
** (201) Lellick enjoys the trip to the gates -
though he tries to keep his distance from the guilders leading them, the jungle
is a very welcome change of pace. **
** (202) Kiral feels grand, as if on a vacation, away
from the sand of his life and into the beauty of Elantra's creations. **
(274) ticattack (exit): 01:45
(278) ticattack (enter): 01:45
(273) Git: :When we reach the gates, Git looks
them over for rightings or signs of Ra, as well as a spherical impression the
star gem may fit into.
(199) DM: Majestic twin doors of gold tower
100' to an archway.
** (201) Lellick is likewise curious about the gates,
staring up at them in wonder. **
(199) DM: They are each 50' wide and have no
markings, handles, or hinges. From 10' wide openings on either side of the
doors, 75' waterfalls cascade down into pools from which flow rivers.
(199) DM: In front of the doors, there is a
platform made of a strange polished blue-gray stone. A small altar stands on
the platform., 50' in front of the doors. It has three oddly shaped holes
carved into the side facing the doors.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (278)
(199) DM: Kha is here, unconscious.
(281) ticattack (enter): 01:52
** (202) Kiral notices the figure of Kha, and smiles
a bit **
(199) DM: A human man, clad in plate mail armor
can be seen by his side.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (281)
(278) ticattack (exit): 01:53
(273) Git: :grins at the sight of the spearman.
"Welll.. whatta ya know."
(202) Kiral: "Look over here at this
alter, the holes"
** (201) Lellick notices Kha and the other man after
he's slightly less dazzled by the gold, and hurries over to them. **
(199) DM: The knight looks up at you as you
enter the clearing and smiles.
** (273) Git approaches cautiously, waving to the
armored man, "Good day fellow. I see you've met a friend of ours." **
(199) DM: He has a wide eyed innocent look on
his face and grins at you stupidly.
(273) Git: "You don't speak our language
** (201) Lellick fusses about Kha, paying little
attention to the other man for now. "At least it seems we're having a
streak of good luck now..." He checks over Kha for injuries, and to see if
his state is similar to Basht's. **
** (202) Kiral continues to examine the alter **
(283) Zane (enter): 01:58
(273) Git: :looking over the man's armor, Git
** (201) Lellick slowly lifts his head, looking at
the knight now, with an expression of mixed suspicion and disbelief.
"..Holy symbols, does he have holy symbols?" **
(199) DM: (yes)
** Tribesman1 nods and points to himself.
(201) Lellick: (Are they of Solnor?)
** Tribesman1 points to himself and says
(199) DM: (no)
** (202) Kiral moves next to Git, "Another
puzzle in language, who is he?" **
(199) Tribesman1: "Guilder?" (points
** (201) Lellick moves away from Kha, looking very
perturbed. "I.. this.. this is all very strange, and I think..." **
** (202) Kiral looks to Lellick, "You think
** Tribesman1 notices Lellick and smiles broadly.
"Avara athel palanteen!" **
(273) Git: :shakes his head:
** (201) Lellick points to Kha emphatically, "He
was dead! Turned to a pillar of salt! And that other man, the mage, he said he
was 'teleported' by a fireball! You don't get teleported by those. You get killed."
** Tribesman1 stands up and bows deeply to Lellick.
"Avara athel palanteen!" **
** (201) Lellick throws up his hands, turning to the
knight, "Please. I don't understand you." **
** Palanae takes your (Lellick's) hand gently and
says, smiling broadly, "Avara athel palanteen." (drops hand and
beckons you to follow him) **
(199) Palanae: "Karos a erul avara athel
** (201) Lellick looks rather stunned, his
almost-ranting starting to lose steam. "..Uh. Well then." **
** (201) Lellick glances back at the party with a
touch of uncertaintly before moving to follow him. **
(273) Git: :to Lellick: Lets just hope this
isn't his way of coming on to you." :jokes and follows aftr the man:
** J'hzuu shrugs at the others, and follows. **
(202) Kiral: "Well, it seems safe, even
if he is", he says as he moves with the others
** Palanae goes to Kha and picks him up gently, then
looks at you stupidly before walking down a trail into the jungle. **
** (201) Lellick gets even more flustered at the
suggestion. "Really, now. Do the lot of you not realize what I mean
(273) Git: "Where's he going with
(273) Git: :sighs and keeps following the
man... for now:
(199) DM: You enter a large clearing in which
stands a fort roughly 50' square. Its log walls are 10' tall and sharpened on
top. There is only one door. Smoke can be seen rising out of the compound
inside the walls. The underbrush has been carefully cleaned away outside the
walls for about 50'.
(199) DM: The armored man enters, shouting,
"Avarel athel palanteen!"
(273) Git: "Right... we're coming. we're
coming." :follows inside, looking about studiously:
(199) DM: In response, several armored men come
rushing out, each in plate mail, templar armor or field plate, all gleaming,
(199) DM: They see Lellick and as one drop to
bended knee, bowing in homage.
** (201) Lellick blinks at the sight of the fort, in
particular eying the (presumably) campfire smoke. **
(201) Lellick: "..Oh.. oh, no. Don't
tell me these ones worship halflings."
** J'hzuu cocks a brow. "Are little-folk's
people master thieves?" **
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: No, they think that
priests of Solnor are worthy to be their leader.
** (201) Lellick blinks, then harshly runs a hand
over his hair. **
(201) Lellick: "I.. excuse me?"
** Feridwyn of Solnor leaves the fort and studies you
with a curious eye. "Some of my men saw you in the guilder village and
followed you for a short while. But you don't look like guilders." **
** (202) Kiral looks to Lellick and then to the
others and whispers to Git, "How many people are trapped here?" **
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: My pardons. I am
Feridwyn, of Highkeep, and a knight of Solnor.
(273) Git: "No... we're.. I guess you
would say outsider."
(273) Git: :shrugs to Kiral:
(201) Lellick: "Heh."
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: As I am. You have a
familiar way of speaking. From the south?
** (201) Lellick gives a small bow to him, "I am
Lellick Litefinger... and I am afraid that your people here are mistaken. I do
not focus my worship on Solnor." **
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: Solnor, Tevesh, it's
all one and the same.
(273) Git: :nods to Feridwyn: "From Wylund
** (202) Kiral thinks to himself, this is going to be
trouble. I don't understand this place at all **
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: Very interesting. So,
what brings you here?
** (201) Lellick cocks his head at that,
"..Indeed. Might I inquire how you arrived here? Was it in a particularly
bloody or harmful manner?" **
** Feridwyn of Solnor speaks to the palanteen, who
get up and smile at you gently. **
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: I was battling some
undead in that ruined stone city beneath this place, and somehow ended up here.
(202) Kiral: "Did you use a
(273) Git: "Are we the only ones who had
to collect those silly bath plugs to get here?"
** (201) Lellick laughs softly at Kiral's comment,
shaking his head. **
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: That was quite some
time ago. I had left an Oasis some weeks back. The tribesmen were quite
agitated. Something about a missing princess.
(201) Lellick: "Git.. I have the
feeling that we were."
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: Well, I do not know.
I am on a quest to rid my city of an accursed ruler who calls herself the
(202) Kiral: "It should be of more
concern that we wanted to get here...they got it by accident." he whispers
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: My journey had led me
here to this place, in search of an item of power. But sadly, I did not find
that, instead I found death and undeath.
(273) Git: :grumbles a bit, before asking of
Feridwyn: "Tempest, huh? Haven't been to High keep in a while. Things so
bad there you need to travel to a desert for a solution?"
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: She is....bad, yes.
She is no ordinary ruler.
** (201) Lellick gets a slightly sadded expression,
"..I wish you luck in fulfilling your quest. It.. does not sound like it
was.. er. Will be easy." **
(201) Lellick: "There is a more
pressing manner, however. Our friend, there, that your friend carries.. is this
state a common thing here?"
** Feridwyn of Solnor shrugs. "I'm not sure.
Well, that's not true. Your friend, the Khajiit, came here, then went amongst
the guilders. She was hurt but healed herself. The guilders stoned her and left
her for dead." **
(201) Lellick: "I have heard of that,
yes. And these guilders have no reason to be so distrustful of priests?"
(281) ticattack (exit): 02:32
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: They don't
particularly like the palanteen, to be honest. Though I suspect its the doing
of the wizard Pawnis and his ilythi'iri companion than anything else.
** (202) Kiral scratches his head for a second as
Feridwyn speaks **
(294) ticattack (enter): 02:34
** (202) Kiral can't help but wonder who to trust in
this place **
(201) Lellick: "Do you have any reason
to suspect such a thing? I apologize for the questioning, but we would rather
not be caught up in something."
(202) Kiral: "Yeah, I agree with
Lellick here, I am Kiral by the way. What support do you have for such
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (294)
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: Well, what do you
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: Have you ever asked
them what the purpose is of those cages?
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: Or why they let the
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: Or what the guilders
do to those who practice magic of the gods?
(201) Lellick: "The guilders seemed
quite simple-minded. Are you saying that Pawnis and the ilythi'iri taught them
(295) Tikk (enter): 02:41
(202) Kiral: "Well, as for the stealing
I tend to wonder. And as I spoke of justice and punishment, they said
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: Of course they did.
The guilders and the palanteen have been here for as long as I can remember.
Which isn't very long at all. But according to their records, they have been
here for several centuries.
** (202) Kiral nods his head as he continues to
(201) Lellick: "They have records..?
Interesting. Would it be possible for us to see these records?"
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: They were at one
point, friends, but have since gravitated to opposite poles. Pawnis and his
companions came here, and began to conquer their hearts and minds. Now the
guilders are like slaves, bent to do the wizard's will.
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: Of course, I will
show them to you.
(273) Git: "How long has Pawnis been
(201) Lellick: "Thank you."
(202) Kiral: "What type of power does
the wizard possess, obviously enough for you all to fear him. Correct?"
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: About as long as I
have. Time seems to operate differently in this place.
** (201) Lellick mutters, "I wouldn't doubt
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: From what I have
observed, time operates much slower here than in the outside world.
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: I do not fear him. I
fear more for his charges.
(295) Tikk (exit): 02:45
(201) Lellick: "Since the other camp
seems so dangerous a place, I wonder if we might stay here to rest? I am not
sure how long we might stay here until our task is done."
(273) Git: "Tell me something... did
Pawnis have a human girl with him when he arrived?"
(202) Kiral: (( Do we still have Basht on
Nimer, or did we leave her in town? ))
(201) Lellick: (I don't think anyone took
her off.. did they?)
(202) Kiral: (( Not specifically, just checking))
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: Of course.
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: Why yes, he did.
(199) Feridwyn of Solnor: But I haven't seen
her to be honest.
(273) Git: :raises a brow: "She may be
hidden in that village."
(273) Git: "Guess we're taking a trip bck
(199) DM: (we'll stop here)