Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
7 users online
3 Registered
0 Hidden
4 Guests
Registered Users: Georgeweild, Maraweild, StewartGlown


Back to Tolmara Logs
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated

Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(19) DM: ((It appears I don't have last session's log on the site, but basically the PCs RPed for a bit while travelling on Skysea whereupon they were accosted by a band of glass pirates))
(6) Norfirion: good enough
(2) Kiral: (( Kiral tried to steer the ship ))
(20) ticattack: ((Kiral couldn't steer the ship, so J'hzuu did it))
Kha: (( back ))
(19) DM: (ok. the ship is still about 250 yards away, but closing steadily. init.)
(6) Norfirion: Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [13,7] = (20)
Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
(12) Agatha: init: [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
(2) Kiral: Initiative: Kiral [1d20 + 1] -> [17,1] = (18) init
(3) Lellick: [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
(9) Git: init: [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24)
(19) DM: (I need init from Max and J'hz as well)
(20) ticattack: ((Init [1d20+3] -> [20,3] = (23)))
(5) Maximus: ((Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24) ))
(13) Zero (exit): 23:13
** (2) Kiral 's hands are still raised in the air as the clouds above the speedy boat begin to swell, quickly, the sky turns black and the temperature drops **
(2) Kiral: As the ice rains down from the heavens, the skeletons stay, unchanged, as if the ice never existed, the boat to seems wholly unimpeded by the awesome display of arial violence
(20) ticattack: ((Erm, can J'hzuu act (Cast a spell) without causing the ship to stop? If so, he can get some spells down, but if not...))
** (12) Agatha pauses for a moment to look at the druid's display of power. "Gods.." **
** J'hzuu eyes the storm with wide eyes, the fur on the back of his neck rising up and a low, long, fearful hiss coming out. **
(19) DM: (when I call your number, you can do whatever you wish)
(19) DM: (24, Git)
(2) Kiral: However, the sounds of the ice hitting the metal create a cacophonous barage that would seemingly have to affect any creature of normal existance
** (12) Agatha then snaps her attention back to the task. "Norfirion! Can you cast your flame and ice spells from here?" **
(9) Git: (delay)
** (2) Kiral drops his arms and looks to the others, I don't think the ice is hurting them **
(6) Norfirion: "Of course not, the undead and mostly impervious to cold."
** (6) Norfirion smirks. "I'll burn them to cinders." **
(12) Agatha: "We don't need them hurt. We just need to stop their boat."
** (2) Kiral watches as Norfirion speaks, "I can't imagine cold would have no effect, what about lightning?" **
(6) Norfirion: "The later would be more easily acomplished with their destruction."
(12) Agatha: "But if it hurts 'em too I won't be losing any sleep."
(3) Lellick: "Not hurt them? I think we'd be doing the desert residents a favor if we ground their bones to dust."
(19) DM: (24, Max)
J'hzuu: "Can Littlefolk use his prayers to make them fall? If the one steering falls, all can at least get further away, have more time to act"
(12) Agatha: "Agreed. But if we can blow them out of the sky it'll save us a lot of trouble."
(12) Agatha: (to Lellick)
** (3) Lellick glances to J'hzuu, "I can't do anything to them until they're much closer." **
** (5) Maximus readies himself for the possibilitie of the skeletons boarding the ship. **
(9) Git: Well the bolt is coming down at the speed of light. so.. it's not like they're moving that quick
(19) DM: ((does call lightning allow one to hit a constantly moving target? can someone verify that and then whisper the answer to me))
(6) Norfirion: to whatever target he points at
(6) Norfirion: permiting the target is within the spells range
(6) Norfirion: (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
(6) Norfirion: The bolt of lightning flashes down in a vertical stroke at whatever target point you choose within the spells range (measured from your position at the time). Any creature in the target square or in the path of the bolt is affected.
(12) Agatha: ((Reflex save for half))
(19) DM: (doesn't answer my question)
(6) Norfirion: yes
(19) DM: (uh no)
(19) DM: ((if the target is constantly moving, does the spell travel along with it?))
(19) DM: ((but please whisper it to me and not in the main window, thanks))
(19) DM: (23, J'hz)
** J'hzuu fumbles around with one hand for spell components, then pulls out a strip of leather. He takes the wheel with one foot, and runs the leather down his torso. A shimmering blue-white field envelops him, then fades. (Mage Armour) **
(9) Git: (brb)
(22) Digit (enter): 23:47
(22) Digit (exit): 23:47
(23) Midichlorians (enter): 23:48
(23) Midichlorians (exit): 23:50
(19) DM: (20, Norf)
(6) Norfirion: "Just a little more.." *he whispers to himself as he reaches into his pouch, withdrawing a yellowish powder that streams into the wind, filling the air with the smell of sulfur.* (Ready an action to cast a Fireball as soon as the skyship comes within range of my spell, 226 yards.)
(19) DM: (18, Kir)
** (2) Kiral eyes the target approaching them and quickly closes his eyes, wondering what to do. Within the instant, he places his palms together and begins to mutter some words Druidic. As he speaks, he runs his hands over his shouldars and down to his wrists, he then rubs his palms over his chest. As he does so, his skin begins to quickly darken and it even appears to harden. Parts of his armor even have the look of a bud of thorns in places as if he had begun to change himself. (Barkskin) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
(2) Kiral: (( I will save the drama, hehehe ))
(19) DM: (Kha, 11)
(19) DM: (fyi, tonight's game will last until 3:30 am assuming I'm still awake, lol)
** Kha points his spear at the glass prirates, the end crackaling with energy, "I hope this makes them think twice before coming any closer" **as the last word leaves his mouth a huge arc of electrisity leaps from the spear into the center of the glass pirates and several smaller ones follow after it covering a large area in electrical blasts** (( Lightning Stike Reflex save DC 22 for half [5d10] -> [4,6,1,10,3] = (24) to glass4 and [5d10] -> [4,3,10,4,5] = (26) to all of them) **
J'hzuu: ((Big assumption, there... :p))
(19) DM: (they're 200+ feet away....)
(19) DM: (Ag, 9)
Kha: (( my spell has a 640 ft range ))
(19) DM: (er yards sorry.)
Kha: (( thats about 220 yards ))
(6) Norfirion: (bout 40 shy kha)
(19) DM: (and not within their range)
(12) Agatha: "Don't rush, lad. Wait for yer shot!"
** (12) Agatha adjusts her grip in anticipation. **
(12) Agatha: ((delay. done))
(19) DM: The pirates seem to be moving with unnatural speed, as if drawn to your location like flies to blood.
(19) DM: (Lel, 7)
** (6) Norfirion focuses on his concentration as a sly smirk covers his elven face, like a great cat waiting to pounce on its target. **
** (3) Lellick grabs his holy symbol off his belt, holding it up high. He speaks in a clear, if excited, voice, "Tevesh, give us your guidance so that we may prevail against these abominations." **
(3) Lellick: (Casting Bless, will last for five minutes, +1 to attack rolls and saves against fear. And that's it)
(2) Kiral: ((for all??))
(3) Lellick: (Yeah, it's a 50-ft radius :x)
** (12) Agatha stands a little taller with confidence. **
(19) DM: (the pirates are about 200 yards away and gaining at this point. so probably more than 2 rounds, lol.)
(19) DM: (24, Git)
(6) Norfirion: well if they're that close then my ready action gets triggered
(9) Git: (delay some more)
(19) DM: (yes)
(6) Norfirion: Reflex Save DC 19, [7d6] -> [3,3,5,1,6,1,5] = (24) Fire Dmg, in a 20' radius centered on the group of skeletons, which should be all of em I believe
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+11] -> [15,11] = (26)
** (6) Norfirion tosses the sulfur into the air as he speaks a word of magic, sending a pea sized brillant sprak of energy flying into the undead hoarde, and exploding in a cacophanous roar of flame. **
(19) DM: They appear to have suffered part of the brunt of your assault, but in the hazy light of the sea, you're unable to further determine the damage to a close extent.
(19) DM: (Max, 24)
** (5) Maximus continues his staunch readiness.(( I'll delay my action until the skeletons come within melee range)) **
(19) DM: (J'hz, 23)
** J'hzuu takes a feather from his spell pouch and runs it along his arm and torso, muttering under his breath as he does so. (Casting Fly) **
(19) DM: (Norf, 20)
J'hzuu: ((Done))
** (6) Norfirion reaches into his spell pouch once again with the previous result. **
(6) Norfirion: Reflex Save DC 19, [7d6] -> [1,3,1,2,4,2,4] = (17) Fire Dmg
(6) Norfirion: (ha never cast that spell before in game, now 2 back to back)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+11] -> [17,11] = (28)
(19) DM: It does appear to have injured them somewhat, as the ship falters...
(19) DM: (Kir, 18)
** (2) Kiral looks to the others and then to the ship, still in route toward them, throwing his hands back into the air, he calls out but a few words and a spark of lightning bursts between his hands (Cast Call Lightning) **
(19) DM: (they're not in range, fyi)
(19) DM: (Kha, 11)
(2) Kiral: As he hands move back to their position, one reaching for his shield, a small line of electricity can be seen flowing between the his fingertips
(2) Kiral: ((yeah, not till they are much closer, 57 yards))
** Kha waits with his spear at the ready **
(9) Git: (don't matter. it takes 1 round to cast)
(19) DM: (Ag, 9)
(2) Kiral: ((but if range, you can cat one immediately)
(2) Kiral: (cast*)
** (12) Agatha eyes her comrades and exchanges glances with Maximus trying to figure out a plan in case the pirates board. **
(12) Agatha: ((delay again. done))
(9) Git: (no... it takes a round to complete the spell, then it's a standard action to call down a bolt)
(19) DM: (Lel, 7)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+11] -> [14,11] = (25)
** (5) Maximus shrugs and stretches a bit, moving his shield up and down, figuring out what the best stances would be on a moving ship. **
(3) Lellick: (Eh.. delay)
(19) DM: (Lellick?)
(19) DM: (k. They're 150 yards away and no decrease in speed.)
(19) DM: Their movement appears to be wholly unnatural.
(19) DM: (Git, 24)
(9) Git: (delay away)
(12) Agatha: "How can they move so fast?"
(9) Git: :shrugs: "The power of positive thinking?"
(19) DM: Something about them seems familiar...
(19) DM: (Max, 24)
(12) Agatha: "J'hzuu! Can't this junker move any faster?"
** J'hzuu takes a deep breath and calls out "Take out your bows and such! J'hzuu is going to pull around, all must fire with bows!" **
(30) Pythony (enter): 00:36
(19) DM: (Max?)
(12) Agatha: "Hmph. I guess that's a no."
** (9) Git arches a brow at j'jzu: "What's an arrow gonna do to a skeleton?" **
(5) Maximus: (gimme a sec))
** (12) Agatha turns to the others. "Anyone have a spare?" **
** J'hzuu shrugs. "Better than nothing, no? Focus on the steerer, if all can" **
** (5) Maximus found the F11 macro key **
** (5) Maximus holds still, relaxing his stance somewhat, calming himself. ((Still gonna delay my action.)) **
(19) DM: (J'hz, 23)
J'hzuu: ((Readied action until everyone has bows or spells ready))
J'hzuu: ((Or everyone who can/will use them))
(19) DM: (Kir, 18)
(5) Maximus: ((Don't have a good bow option, so don't wait on Maximus))
** (2) Kiral removes the shield from his back and watches as the group continues to approach, "Think summoning a bear would help us?" **
(2) Kiral: (done)
(19) DM: (Kha, 11)
(12) Agatha: "That depends. Is it gonna eat us?"
** Kha waits at the ready to leap on to thier ship once it gets close enough **
** (6) Norfirion chuckles. **
(19) DM: (Ag, 9)
(19) DM: Something about them seems REALLY familiar...
(6) Norfirion: heh
(6) Norfirion: my spot sucks
(30) Pythony (exit): 00:46
(19) DM: They seem to be closer than before. (100 yards and closing in.)
** Kha tries to place the pirates while waiting for them to get closer **
(19) DM: Viewed from your distance, the ship appears to be not as damaged as previously thought, although the "pirates" have been. But not as much as you'd thought.
(19) DM: (Lel, 7)
(12) Agatha: "Tough little bastards, ain't they?"
(12) Agatha: "Norfirion, can you bestow us some speed?"
** (3) Lellick pulls a small leather packet out of a pouch on his belt, tipping the silver dust into his palm. He looks to Agatha, "Whatever you do.. don't disturb the circle." He then starts to draw a circle on the floor around her with the dust, chanting a mantra under his breath. **
(3) Lellick: (Casting Magic Circle Against Evil - gives Aggy and everyone within a 10-foot radius (..and I think that's everyone) +2 deflection bonus to AC and +2 resistance bonus to saves against evil creatures. The barrier moves with her. Lasts for 50 minutes. If Lel has to move into her square to cast the spell, he'll move back to his square afterwards)
(19) DM: (24, Git)
** (6) Norfirion shakes his head at Agatha's question. "I don't have that spell prepared." **
** (9) Git waits patiently on the deck, staringout to the enemy ship, trying to spot what is so familiar about them. **
(12) Agatha: "Lovely."
** (12) Agatha turns to the halfling. "What are you doing?" **
(3) Lellick: "It's a spell that will aid us against these creatures."
** (6) Norfirion shrugs at the barmaid. "Speed didnt seem a priority onboard." **
(19) DM: At the pirates' approach, a wall of heat appears to surround their ship which seems to power the ship's movement forward and possibly lends itself to its unnatural speed.
** (12) Agatha shrugs at Lellick. "Good enough for me." **
(6) Norfirion: "Hmph" *he utters to himself angrily*
(19) DM: (Max, 24)
(12) Agatha: "Wa'run! Find a place to hide! Halif! Make sure no gets to him!"
(33) Waladil (enter): 00:53
** (5) Maximus peers forward a bit, but doesn't move much. He does however seem to somehow look more tense, as if he was waiting to spring all at once.((Delay my acion.)) **
(33) Waladil (exit): 00:53
(5) Maximus: ((Err. Action* not acion))
** Halif scoops up the shepherd boy and dashes to a corner of the ship, whispering, "If the battle goes against us, you must flee." **
(19) DM: (J'hz, 23)
** J'hzuu calls out "Be ready!", then pulls sharply on the wheel, turning in a U-turn, moving as close as he can alongside the enemy ship without being in danger of collision, mass-boarding or spontaneous combustion. "Go!" he calls out. **
** Wa'run nods mutely, in fear. **
** (12) Agatha looks at a spot on the floor beside her. "You. You just try to stay out of trouble." **
(19) DM: And now you realize why exactly they're familiar....they each appear to look exactly like Munafik at the moment the priest was transformed by the ifrit.
(19) DM: (this is as J'hz steers your ship close to theirs)
** (12) Agatha looks at the freak show. "Oh gods..." **
(2) Kiral: "Don't approach them two quick, we need to use our distance still!"
(19) DM: There appears to be about eight or so of the undead pirates on the skyship. They don't seem to be steering it...
(6) Norfirion: (can we see an empty wheelhouse?)
(2) Kiral: ((how close are we to shore?))
(19) DM: (Spot)
(6) Norfirion: Skill: Spot [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
(19) DM: (not far, about 10 or 20 yards)
(9) Git: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [7,9] = (16)
(12) Agatha: spot [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22)
(19) DM: (yes, an empty wheelhouse)
(2) Kiral: "Couldn't we make it to shore instead to fight them?"
(5) Maximus: ((Spot: [1d20+2] -> [6,2] = (8) ))
** (2) Kiral is clearly not behind the idea of approaching them **
(12) Agatha: "There's..There's no one at the helm. Who's steering that damn thing?"
(9) Git: "Nobody's steering... maybe we can just turn and let them sail past?" :offers sarcastically:
(3) Lellick: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
(6) Norfirion: "Or the pilot's invisible.." *he offers*
(19) DM: (Norf, 20)
(19) DM: Evil laughter issues forth from the ship, as if there's a far off echo...
(19) Khalitarius, Lord of the Citadel of Brass: ....You will serve my purposes, who was once Munafik of Set, in a new form!....
(34) Shusagi (enter): 01:00
(34) Shusagi (exit): 01:00
(19) DM: Or perhaps it was but a bad memory, even as the voice fades away into the dry desert air.
(6) Norfirion: "So will I, I'd rather not be spotted." *And with that the mage waves his hand and utters an incantation, vanishing from sight as his voice lingers.* (Greater Invisibility)
(6) Norfirion: done
(19) DM: (Kir, 18)
** (2) Kiral drops his head quickly behind his shield and with one arm begins to swirl his hand in horizontal circles in front of him. He speaks as if into his shield from the vantage point of the others and his hand, though moving, does so slowly and slightly. His concentration is emmense as he blocks out the complete surroundings he inhabits. (Casting Summon Nature's Ally III in place of 3rd Level CMW)) **
(19) DM: (ok, casting time?)
(19) DM: (Kha, 11)
** Kha points his spear at the glass prirates, the end crackaling with energy **
(2) Kiral: (( 1 full round ))
(19) DM: (Ag, 9)
** (12) Agatha sets Bar'eth-el and fixes herself in a stance ready to charge to the front. **
(12) Agatha: ((delay. done))
(12) Agatha: "Maximus, if they jump on, we'll take the lead."
(19) DM: (pirates are 50 yards away, and will be in melee range -- or at least close enough for their ship to attempt a boarding action)
** (5) Maximus nods the warrior woman. **
(19) DM: (next round)
(2) Kiral: ((can we get a mapping of this boat we are on, to see how they would board))
(19) DM: (its like a skiff)
(19) DM: (imagine a skiff on runners, that's a skyship essentiallly)
(2) Kiral: ((smaller than I imagined))
(19) DM: (Lel, 7)
** (3) Lellick grasps his holy symbol tightly, turning his attention to J'hzuu this time, reaching up to put a hand on his arm. "May Tevesh shelter this man from harm." As he's done with the spell, a faintly shimmering dome springs into being around the cat-man. **
(3) Lellick: (Casting Sanctuary on J'hzuu, will last for five rounds)
(19) DM: (Git, 24)
** (9) Git tries to pick out Munafik in the crowd, aiming his arrow ready to fire should the former mummy still be able to cast spells **
(19) DM: They each appear to have some semblance to the undead wizard-priest.
(9) Git: (watch for anyone one of them that may start casting)
(19) DM: (Max, 24)
(5) Maximus: ((A yard is 3-4 feet right? Just double checking))
(19) DM: (3')
(5) Maximus: ((Thanks))
** (5) Maximus rests his sword in his shield hand while his gives another prayer to odion, and picking up his blade again, prepares for the boarding attempt the enemie might make.((Delay action until the boarding)) **
(5) Maximus: ((Done.))
(19) DM: (23, J'hz)
** J'hzuu focuses on trying to get every last bit of speed possible from the shyship, zooming away from the undead pirates (Delay action, unless it takes an action to pull that last bit of speed out). **
(19) DM: (no)
(19) DM: (Kir, 18)
(6) Norfirion: (skipped me, 20)
(6) Norfirion: *Agatha feels a soft touch against her backt* "Don't get flattered my dear" *perks a familiar elven voice as a he begins to whisper words of magic, Agatha feels a rush of strength course through her body.* (Bull's Strength, +4 enchancement bonus to strength)
(12) Agatha: "You're very lucky that you're invisible."
(19) DM: (18, Kir)
(2) Kiral: In an instant, Kiral throws his head back from his concentration, and raises his hand to the air, "Fly my friends, fly and attack the danger that befalls us." At that, 3 Hippogriffs emerge from nothingness, merely 20 yards, from the skeletons ship and swoop down violently in a rage swopping down in attack.
(2) Kiral: As the Hippogriffs attack, Kiral eyes the pirates and points out the one closest to the front sweeping his hand toward it, sending forth a bolt from the sky above.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11),[1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7).[1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(19) DM: The hippogriffs miss after each dives at a pirate.
(19) DM: (Kha, 11. Your spell goes off)
(2) Kiral: Call Lightning (Save- Reflex for Half; DC 17): Damage [3d6] -> [1,5,5] = (11)
** Kha thrusts his spear forward and a large bolt of electrisity leaps off heading strait at the pirates. The large bolt is followed quickly by several smaller bolts ((Reflex save DC 22 [5d10] -> [3,4,10,3,1] = (21) to glass4, and [5d10] -> [7,10,2,1,10] = (30) to all of them)) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+11] -> [19,11] = (30)
(19) DM: The ship seems to soak up most of the force of the bolt, although you do see some bone flakes splinter off from the "pirates".
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+11] -> [6,11] = (17)
** Kha breaths deeply, and holds his spear at the ready **
(6) Norfirion: heh
(19) DM: Although the ship seems to have absorbed some of the spell's damage, one of the pirates is blown to pieces by the power of Kha's spell, whilst its companions are similarly injured.
** (2) Kiral looks down to Nimer, "Stay safe, defend me if I call, avoid....avoid" **
(12) Agatha: "Hmph. So much for immortality."
(19) DM: (Ag, 9)
(12) Agatha: ((delay until they board))
(19) DM: As one, a group of about five pirates leap from their ship in an attempt to board yours. Somehow, their movements seem unnatural as if an external force were controlling their actions. They seem to move with supernatural precision.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [13,7] = (20)
(12) Agatha: ((how many make it?))
(19) DM: They're not living creatures but undead, with burnt, blackened skin covering mostly scorched bones and eyesockets that radiate eyes that gleam with flaming hatred at you.
(19) DM: Four of them manage to land on your ship. A fifth misses its attempt and shatters upon striking the glass sea, becoming a pillar of flame in the process.
** (12) Agatha runs at the nearest one. "Attack!" **
(12) Agatha: Attack: [1d20+7+4+1+4] -> [20,7,4,1,4] = (36)
(2) Kiral: crit
(12) Agatha: ((why'd they have to be undead?))
(2) Kiral: ((d'oh))
(19) DM: (yes)
(12) Agatha: dmg: [1d12+9+4] -> [9,9,4] = (22)
(19) DM: The "pirate" shatters, a rictus grin splitting its features as it becomes a pillar of flame, immolating Agatha. (Reflex)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [3d6] -> [2,3,3] = (8)
** (12) Agatha activates her armor. "Humility before the Marid!" **
(12) Agatha: ((immunity to fire))
(19) DM: (k)
(12) Agatha: ((great cleave if there's anyone else adjacent))
(19) DM: (yes)
(5) Maximus: ((Is their railing on the ship?))
(12) Agatha: Great Cleave: [1d20+7+4+1+4] -> [16,7,4,1,4] = (32)
(19) DM: (no)
(19) DM: It too, like its companion, spits apart from the force of Agatha's attack, becoming a pillar of flame. As its spirit dissipates, you spot the leering face of Munafik in the flames...or so you think.
(12) Agatha: "Your fire tricks are getting old, bastard!"
(12) Agatha: ((great cleave again?))
(19) DM: ((yes))
(19) DM: (the other two are at the starboard end of the ship)
** (12) Agatha breathes in the cool air that her armor provides her to shield from the heat. Bar'eth-el gleams and appears as a white flash as she continues to cut away at Munafik's minions. **
(12) Agatha: "You can send a many fakes as you want, Munafik..."
(12) Agatha: Great Cleave: [1d20+7+6+1+4] -> [4,7,6,1,4] = (22)
(19) DM: (7, Lel)
(12) Agatha: "They'll only make it sweeter when I finally split your real skull into pieces!"
** (3) Lellick casts yet another spell, voice ringing out clearly over the din. "Merciful Tevesh! We beg you for your favor! Protect us from those that would do us harm!" **
(3) Lellick: (Casting Prayer, lasts for 5 rounds)
(3) Lellick: (Here's a list of all the bonuses people have from Lellick's spells right now: +2 bonus to attack (morale from Bless, luck from Prayer), +1 bonus to fear saves (morale from Bless), +2 deflection to AC against evil (MCAE), +2 to all saves against evil (resistance from MCAE), +1 bonus to weapon damage, saves, skill checks (Prayer), and enemies should get -1 to attack, weapon damage, saves, skill checks (Prayer))
(19) Afik'aton: Come, live ones! Come, to the City of Stone, wherein your doom awaits... (laughter)
(19) DM: The mummy's voice seems to come from far away, as the pirate ship veers away from your ship and switches course.
(19) DM: (24, Git)
(9) Git: (delay for the moment)
(19) DM: (the other two are near Max and Kha respectively)
(19) DM: (24, Max)
(5) Maximus: ((How big is are the skeletons, like my size(5-10ish) or bigger/smaller?))
(19) DM: ((man sized))
(5) Maximus: ((K.))
** (5) Maximus turns to the nearest undead monstrosity, and with a roar of rightous conviction, Maximus attempts to throw his body into the undead and shove it from the ship. **
(5) Maximus: ((Bull Rush attempt, I don't have the feat so I provoke an attack of opportunity.))
(6) Norfirion: (brb)
(5) Maximus: ((AC is 20))
(5) Maximus: ((strength check: [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17)))
Kha: (( if the server drops suddenly its because the power went out. The news just said a record breaking wind storm just hit my city ))
(2) Kiral: [1d8] -> [1] = (1)
(5) Maximus: ((Which city?))
(2) Kiral: (( a record storm hit my city August 28, it was big ))
J'hzuu: ((Ooh... The strange internet-man is asking where you live, dj. Baaadd....))
(19) DM: ((miss))
(19) DM: (J'hz, 23)
** J'hzuu continues steering, moving away from the fleeing ship, but remains alert for any threat (Readied action in case the mummies come near) **
(19) DM: (they're not mummies. lol)
(19) DM: (20, Norf)
J'hzuu: ((Meh. Whatever they. The undead, nasty, flaming things))
(19) DM: (18, Kir)
(6) Norfirion: (sorry im stuffing my face, I'll delay and stay low with my invisibility)
(19) DM: (folks, shouldn't take 3+ min for your turns. skipping Kir)
(19) DM: (11, Kha)
** Kha attempts too throw the nearest pirate off the ship **
(19) DM: (roll to hit)
Kha: (( Grapple check [1d20+10] -> [5,10] = (15) ))
(19) DM: (miss)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18).[1d20+7] -> [15,7] = (22)
(19) DM: Each of the pirates slashes at Max and Kha respectively, with scimitars fashioned from bones...except that the bones are covered in runes that shimmer with coruscating black energy. (Max, miss), (Kha, AC 22)
Kha: (( Miss ))
(19) DM: (9, Ag)
(19) DM: The pirate ship flees.
Kha: (( AFK for a smoke, Skip me if it comes to me again ))
** (12) Agatha bounds to Kha's assistance with a roar. **
(12) Agatha: attack: [1d20+7+6+1+4] -> [18,7,6,1,4] = (36)
(19) DM: (yes I would say that's a hit lol)
(12) Agatha: damage: [1d12+9+4] -> [2,9,4] = (15)
(19) DM: Bones crack, upon your ax meeting its form, but it refuses to die.
(19) DM: (Lel, 7)
** (3) Lellick looks around quickly, watching the battle, but simply stays where he is for now. **
(3) Lellick: (delay)
(19) DM: (24, Git)
** (9) Git decides to enter the fray, handspringing past Kha to flank the undead pirate with Aggy. (tumble chaeck) Then stabbing upward, the rogue aims his dagger for the spine, curious if he can pop of the head at the neck. (+4 att, +3 damg) **
(9) Git: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [2,10] = (12)
(9) Git: (D'oh!)
(19) DM: (yep, lol)
(19) DM: (24, Max)
(9) Git: (no aoo?)
(5) Maximus: A small growl issues from the paladin as he whips his blade about the skeleton.
(5) Maximus: ((Full Attack, acitvate divine might)
(5) Maximus: ((Attack 1: [1d20+14] -> [14,14] = (28) Damage if it hits: [1d8+11] -> [8,11] = (19)))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
(19) DM: (was a miss)
(19) DM: (28 was a hit)
(5) Maximus: ((Attack 2: [1d20+10] -> [3,10] = (13) Damage if it hits: [1d8+11] -> [7,11] = (18)))
(19) DM: (and it splits apart, becoming a pillar of flame. (Reflex on both Max and Git))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [3d6] -> [1,6,2] = (9)
(14) Deviant Voyeur has sent you a tree node...
(5) Maximus: ((Reflex save: [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11)))
(9) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+11] -> [5,11] = (16)
(19) DM: (9 damage)
(19) DM: (23, J'hz)
** J'hzuu continues steering away from the undead, throwing glances over his shoulder to make sure that the others are dealing ok. (Readied action for any threats, again) **
(19) DM: (20, Norf)
(6) Norfirion: (there room for me to sneak an attack in between the others?)
(6) Norfirion: (a melee attack)
(19) DM: (not really)
(6) Norfirion: alright, total defense then, done
(19) DM: (there are 3 PCs and 1 mob in 10' worth of space.)
(19) DM: (18, Kir)
(6) Norfirion: gotcha
Kha: (( back ))
** (2) Kiral holds his bolt, not wanting to hit a teammate and calls the hippogriffs to hover above him **
(2) Kiral: done
(19) DM: (11, Kha)
** Kha looks at the fleeing ship to judge it's distance **
(19) DM: (it's moving at the same speed it was when you first sighted it, about 40-50 yards per round)
Kha: (ok so too far away to jump on. I take it
(2) Kiral: Disconnecting from server...
(2) Kiral (exit): 02:29
(19) DM: (perhaps not now, but when it goes, it will be)
(19) DM: (so let me know)
** Kha makes a quick assesment of the distance then attempts to jump onto the pirate ship **
(19) DM: (Jump then)
Kha: Jump Skill Check: [1d20+6-1] -> [15,6,-1] = (20) (includes Armor Penalty of -1)
Kha: (( that armor penalty isnt realy there, so it's a 21 ))
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(20) ticattack' from server... Removing dead client
(20) ticattack (exit): 02:36
(19) DM: (9, Ag)
** (12) Agatha finishes off the last demon on board. **
(12) Agatha: [1d20+7+4+1+4] -> [16,7,4,1,4] = (32)
(12) Agatha: [1d12+9+4] -> [7,9,4] = (20)
(12) Agatha: "Kha? Kha!"
(12) Agatha: "Get back here!"
(19) DM: The intrepid plainsyouth leaps from your ship in an attempt to jump to the fleeing ghost ship, and crash lands on the unforgiving surface of the skysea instead.
(6) Norfirion: ouch!
(9) Git: ((well... he'll make a handsome pillar of fire.))
(19) DM: As he does so, the sole remaining pirate raises its scimitar overhead and plunges it into the base of Maximus' shoulder in a vicious jagged downward motion.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
(19) DM: It misses. (the dice are not with me tonight it seems lol)
(19) DM: (and yes, it too dies and becomes a pillar of flame)
(39) ticattack (enter): 02:42
(5) Maximus: ((Odion is with the paladin today. Hence the Divine Favor))
(9) Git: ((Kha still alive?))
(12) Agatha: "J'hzuu! Stop this crazy thing!"
** (6) Norfirion just grimaces with a look of confusion on his face as Kha slams into the skysea floor. **
** (9) Git pulls off his outer robe, whipping it out over the edge of the ship as a makeshift lifeline trying Kha. **
(12) Agatha: "J'hzuu! Stop the boat! Kha fell off!"
(6) Norfirion: "Fell?"
(6) Norfirion: he needs to be made a player
(12) Agatha: "Alright, he jumped to his death."
(6) Norfirion: "As bad as it sounds, with his past, I won't believe he's dead until I see whats left of him for myself."
** (3) Lellick peers over the edge of the ship, trying to see where Kha landed. "Gods help us, what possessed him to do that??" **
(12) Agatha: "Gods know what the fool was thinking."
(6) Norfirion: "Humans alone are difficult to understand, that one in particular is near impossible to."
(12) Agatha: "Someone needs to fly down there. Norfirion, can you change into that flying thing?"
** (6) Norfirion shakes his head. **
(6) Norfirion: "But the khajit cast a fly spell earlier in the battle." *points to J'hzuu.*
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (39) ticattack...
** (12) Agatha looks to J'hzuu. **
** J'hzuu pulls back on the wheel and the ship slows. **
(12) Agatha: "J'hzuu, can you carry Lellick to Kha?"
** J'hzuu nods, runs to the halfling and scoops him up, then runs to the edge of the ship, leaping off into the emptiness and floating down towards where Kha jumped off. **
J'hzuu: ((How far back is he?))
(19) DM: (DJ and I are talking about Jump stuff. the actiions of last round might be changed depending on what happens, fyi)
** (3) Lellick is startled by the sudden grab, and clings to J'hzuu for dear life. **
J'hzuu: (('kay, we're just waiting then?))
(19) DM: (he's about 20' away from your present location. and took falling damage, which I haven't calculated because we're debating a ruling atm)
(6) Norfirion: (well just to put my 2 cents in, I think he does have a valid point, they kinda hosed the jump skill. With all kind of movement abilities, spells, and other such stuff, jump is kind of a useless skill, much less when you have to invest precious skill ranks in it.)
(6) Norfirion: (So some fighter can jump 50' or something big whoop ya know. The way I handle it in my own game is just simplify the DC to the distance jumped in feet.)
(19) DM: (I would prefer to leave rules debates OUT of the main window while the game is occurring, thanks. Not going to repeat myself again.)
(19) DM: (so he doesn't take falling damage, and we're still in combat except that Kha is on the other boat)
(19) DM: (on 9, the pirates on the other boat went, and at this point, that boat is well beyond your position)
(9) Git: :stares after Kha sailing away on the enemy vessel: "What kind of moron...?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [7,7] = (14),[1d20+7] -> [19,7] = (26)
(12) Agatha: "Of all the damned...J'hzuu! After them! Full speed!"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
J'hzuu: ((How fast is their ship going?))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
(12) Agatha: ((40-50 yards a round.))
(19) DM: ((40-50 yards per round. like I said before, whatever is causing it to move is not a natural force.))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
** J'hzuu pulls the wheel around, turning the ship to go after the enemy vessel. "All had gotten away from them!" he wails. **
J'hzuu: ((So no leaping, obviously))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [13,7] = (20),[1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
(12) Agatha: "They gotta stop somewhere. Stay on them!"
** J'hzuu nods, grimacing and shifting his weight from one foot to the other as he pursues the fleeing vessel. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [15,9] = (24)
(12) Agatha: "Damned fool. I swear, if they haven't killed him already I might just do the deed myself."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [7,7] = (14).[1d20+7] -> [16,7] = (23).[1d20+9
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
(42) No Name (enter): 03:14
(43) Navedus (enter): 03:15
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8),[1d20+7] -> [7,7] = (14),[1d20+9] -> [19,9] = (28)
(43) Navedus (exit): 03:16
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [7,9] = (16)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
** (12) Agatha addresses the sword. Man. Thing. Whatever. "How close are we to the city?" **
** Suhail responds to Agatha with great weariness. "A few days' journey away. Why?" He seems to have awoken from a great sleep. **
(19) DM: (he's in cleric form)
(12) Agatha: "The Golden Boy decided to play hero and jumped aboard a ship controlled by Mun-afik. The monster mentioned the City of Stone. I think that's where their ship is going now."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [15,7] = (22),[1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25),[1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13)
(19) Suhail: He is quite the fool. No matter, it is my belief that Mun-afik will not slay him...and that is his weakness.
(19) Suhail: Once I am renewed in the face of the god, I will be able to be of more use to you. The attack by the ifrit drained me of much of my power.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22)
** (4) Dj Gilcrease moves to the other side of the wheel to gain some cover and again attempts to force the ship into a tight turn ((Str check [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19))) **
** (6) Norfirion strolls across the deck pondering Kha's fate, as he peers off in the distance. **
(19) DM: The ship steadily moves away from your sight, receding into the distance.
(42) No Name (exit): 03:30
(12) Agatha: "Damn it all, we're losing them."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [19,9] = (28)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [8,9] = (17)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+5] -> [7,5] = (12)
** (12) Agatha turns to J'hzuu. "Can't this heap move any faster?" **
** (5) Maximus looks off into the distance, after the fleeing ship... **
** J'hzuu tries to focus on making the ship go faster. **
(19) Suhail: I can provide some assistance, but doing so will drain me of much of my remaining power, and it will take me twice as long to replenish my stores. It is up to you, for you have no Fate but the Fate you make.
** Kha looks around the boat for an anchor or a place to provide more cover **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [18,9] = (27)
** (12) Agatha 's nostrils flare as she lets out a low growl. **
(14) Deviant Voyeur (exit): 03:37
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+5] -> [7,5] = (12)
** (12) Agatha turns back to the cleric. "Save your strength, Suhail. We'll need it later. (sigh) We'll have to trust that the gods still favor that fool." **
(46) Navedus (enter): 03:42
(46) Navedus (exit): 03:42
** (12) Agatha sighs, diappointed at their would-be victory. **
(12) Agatha: "Please keep following them as best you can, J'hzuu. Let Norfirion take over for you if you get tired."
** (3) Lellick looks pensively at the spot on the horizon where the other ship was. "What are we to do if it doesn't go to this City of Stone?" **
** (6) Norfirion shrugs. "All we can now is follow it." **
** J'hzuu nods. "What was he doing? All are now following a ship of deadmen..." **
(19) Suhail: Oh, it will...it will. For as much as Mun-afik is a servant of Set, I am a servant of Ra. A reckoning will occur between the ifrit and his minions, and those who serve Ra and his purposes. (glances at you)
(19) Suhail: There will be time enough to save your friend. (turns to gaze eastwards) When the sun rises, I shall be renewed.
(19) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms