Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
7 users online
3 Registered
0 Hidden
4 Guests
Registered Users: Georgeweild, Maraweild, StewartGlown


Back to Tolmara Logs
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room

Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(108) DM: (ok, let's go)
(108) DM: (anyone need a recap?)
(105) Norfirion: I'm good
(111) ticattack: ((Hokey. Erm... Real quick one?))
(113) Maximus: ((I'm good))
(114) Git: was I just diabilfied?
(107) Josh (exit): 21:39
Kha: (( I belive we are still in room 7 after wa few of us rested and cured mummy rot ))
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(112) Tarian' from server... Removing dead client
(112) Tarian (exit): 21:39
(111) ticattack: ((Git, you scared off the new player))
(108) DM: (last session you fought the undead on the Bridge of Doom (area 7) deep inside the crypt)
(111) ticattack: ((Yup, okay. Right, gottit))
(110) Agatha: ((must've been the religious type ;-) ))
(108) DM: There is a closed door before you (OOC: to 8) that Git has spent time working on...
(105) Norfirion has sent you a tree node...
(108) DM: A preliminary inspecition reveals that silver dust seems to have been sprinkled on or near the threshold.
J'hzuu: "Perhaps Norf should see if that dust is magicked?"
whispering to Git, you opened the door last session just a crack
** (105) Norfirion stirs early in the morning, not seeming able to sleep very well, suffering under the effects of the mummy rot. He gathers his belongings and packs them away skipping breakfast as he opens his spellbook. **
(114) Git: :to j'hzuu, as he continues to push at the door: "Can't ypou do that?"
** J'hzuu shrugs. "Norf's staff does this. J'hzuu would have to use his energy, which could be used for something else" **
** (105) Norfirion finishes his morning study an hour later and then slowly climbs down the rope of the extra-dimensional space. **
(116) Maximus (enter): 21:44
(108) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(113) Maximus' from room...
(113) Maximus (exit): 21:44
(114) Git: "Pushing against the door, theorizes: "Silver dust.. isn't that like a warding thing? I remember something like that from the pyuramid."
J'hzuu: "J'hzuu simply does not wish to walk over it, and into a trap or something"
** (105) Norfirion nods as he leans on his staff and slowly walks over to Git, a noticable gate and stutter in his usual catlike walk. **
(105) Norfirion: "It's probably part of the material component for a protection from evil spell..."
** (105) Norfirion coughs and examines the silver dust. **
(105) Norfirion: Skill: Spellcraft [1d20+18] -> [16,18] = (34)
(114) Git: "Can't walk into a trap if you can't get it open." :calls out, from his efforts of tryng to open the big stone door: "I could use a little help."
** (110) Agatha slowly gets up. **
** Kha continues to stand guard near the begining if the bridge **
(110) Agatha: "I'm not sure how this rot has affected my strenth, but I'll give it a go."
** J'hzuu crouches down beside Git. "J'hzuu is not very good at these things. He does not have magick that would really help Git, either..." **
** (110) Agatha walks up aside Git to help move the door. **
** (109) Lellick frowns, "Is it possible someone else could have left that there? I can't imagine the owners wanting a warding spell like that around." **
** (116) Maximus follows Agatha to go help Git move the large stone. **
(114) Git: :to Aggy: "Are you sure you should be exerting yourself, Madam?"
J'hzuu: "Unless it was not to keep evil out, but in..."
(105) Norfirion: "Perhaps"
** (109) Lellick shudders at the thought. **
** (105) Norfirion closes his eyes and motions his staff around the room, looking for any signs of magic. (Detect Magic). **
(110) Agatha: "Someone's got to. Unless the think the feline and the halfling can budge it."
(110) Agatha: ((Unless you))
(110) Agatha: *
** J'hzuu chews on his lip for a moment in thought. "J'hzuu will prepare for danger, just in case". He takes a strip of leather from his belt pouch, and runs it from his chin to his waist, while muttering under his breath. A blue-white glow envelops him, then fades to nothingness (Mage Armour) **
(110) Agatha: ((stupid headache))
(114) Git: "Team effort has it's advantages. Everyone together now." :gestures people to help push the door:
** (116) Maximus found the F3 macro key **
(108) DM: The door opens slowly, as if protesting against your effort.
(105) Norfirion: "Well I've analyzed the silver dust, it's the component for a ward against undead spell."
(108) DM: A soft, feminine voice utters "Enter, O Seeker".
** J'hzuu looks up at the mention of 'undead'. "J'hzuu does not like undead..." He shudders **
(114) Git: "Oh good. Maybe it means those ugly suckers down there aren't allowed in here."
** (109) Lellick stands back out of the way, blinking at hearing the voice. **
** (116) Maximus tenses as tired muscles get ready to spring into action. **
(110) Agatha: "Hopefully, it was meant to keep those things in the pit out of this room."
(105) Norfirion: "The ward's magic is fading with the opening of the door however, so it won't do much good for long."
** J'hzuu 's ears flatten against his head as the voice sounds. He glances around at his companions. **
** (105) Norfirion 's pointed ears perk up at the voice. He clambers back to his feet with a wince of pain and returns to the middle of the group. **
** Kha come trotting back up the bridge "Got the door open I see" **
** J'hzuu glances at Agatha. "Ladies first?" he offers with a weak grin. **
(114) Git: :to aggy:"Don't even think about it. Max go first"
(108) DM: A shaft of light pierces the darkness from a domed ceiling above, illuminating an altar in the center of a 50' diameter spherical chamber. The walls are covered with five different inscriptions. The altar seems to be made of clear glass. Carved doors stand closed at the W, S and E points.
** (116) Maximus moves to the front of the group, as he unslings his shield. **
** Kha enters the room and starts reading the inscriptions **
(110) Agatha: "Think about what? Throwing the khajit in first?"
** (105) Norfirion squints his eyes at the light streaming into the room and moves inside when the others proceed, not caring to stray from the group's safety. **
** J'hzuu holds his hands near his spell-pouch, and goes in, but not before throwing a little grin at Agatha. **
(114) Git: "We'll save tossing cats for desperation maneuvers." :strolls into the room: "While you're on the heal, try to stay to the back."
** (109) Lellick goes in after them, looking around at the chamber with some disbelief. **
** J'hzuu catches Norf's gaze, and tilts his head towards the altar. **
** (114) Git looks about the room thoughfully as he comes toward the altar, giving it quick examination (search) **
Kha: "Git bring Suhail out, this is a temple to Ra, he may beable to be restored here:
(110) Agatha: "I won't argue with you, but last time I kept to the back you were fleeing from that spectre with no one to stand interference."
(114) Git: "Eh? Strange place for a temple to Ra,"
** Kha starts reading the inscriptions outloud "May Ra grant thee welcome to this place of rest and worship. May he aid you in your kindness and grant unto you the powers that you deserve" **
** (116) Maximus stands about, keeping aware as everyone searches about the room. **
Kha: "Mighty Ra, god of light, purifier of the unclean souls that have lost their way to heavenly rest, is honored here"
** (114) Git pulls the scimitar as he looks over the altar: **
(108) DM: The transluscent form of Basht stands behind the altar, waiting silently. She wears a peaceful expression on her face as you approach.
** (105) Norfirion hobbles over to the altar and allows some of the sunlight to touch his face as he sighs. **
Kha: "If you believe in his might and glory, your sacrifice at his altar shall gain you a boon."
Kha: "Ra shall shine forth in the last days, when all the world despairs, to assist in the destruction of the great evil that spreads across our land."
Kha: "He shall send forth his servant, who shall sunder the restless spirits and put an end to their sinful evils."
** (105) Norfirion raises his staff and concentrates, sensing for magic. (Detect Magic) **
(108) The spirit of Basht: Be at peace, O Seeker. (smiles sadly)
** J'hzuu looks warily at the figure. "Erm... Does all see this person, or is J'hzuu's mind addled?" **
** (109) Lellick stares at the image of the cat-woman, not quite sure what to think of all of this. "Does it say what sort of sacrifice is needed?" **
(114) Git: :grins to the image of Basht: "Hey Pretty Kitty, how ya been?"
** (110) Agatha walks up before Kha, wondering if this is some sort of trick. **
** (108) The spirit of Basht says nothing and smiles sadly at Git. **
** Kha turns to Basht "ooh hello again Basht" **
(114) Git: :smile sobers: "That good for you too, huh?"
** (116) Maximus looks to J'hzuu, " Too sad she ain't in flesh for you huh? All us humans and only one Kashjit." **
(108) The spirit of Basht: Your coming was foretold, for as your presence here in this, a lost temple to Ra, so shall you come to Medinat al-Muskawoon, the City of the Gods.
Kha: "I hope you are not in too much pain, I wish I could have helped you more before"
(108) The spirit of Basht: You may rest here and take succor in this room, but once you leave here, your test shall resume.
** (105) Norfirion glances to Basht. "Your current condition is unfortunate. Are you in some form of distress or pain in this state?" **
(108) The spirit of Basht: I have my own trials, Kha. Your concern has not gone unnoticed. (smiles sadly)
(105) Norfirion: "Hmm, so do us all. Even the gods themselves. Good luck with whatever it is. I know we could use it."
(108) The spirit of Basht: If you sacrifice an item of power, you shall gain an item of power. Place the item on the altar, so that Ra may gift you with his power.
** (105) Norfirion bows slightly but politely to the godess and takes a seat in the light for a quick rest as he struggles through a coughing fit. **
** (105) Norfirion contemplates Basht's words and ponders. **
** J'hzuu raises his brow at this information. He studies the altar for a moment, then draws one of the blue-white arrows from his quiver and places it gingerly on the altar. (An arrow of sleep) **
** (108) The spirit of Basht spreads her hands and intones, "A gift given freely in exchange for a boon granted from the god." There is a flash of blue light, and the arrow reappears, only this time it glows with an inner fire. **
(108) The spirit of Basht: Use this arrow against the ifrit or one of the Mala-tath, and it shall serve you well.
** J'hzuu reaches carefully out for the arrow, picks it up, and looks it over carefully. He nods to Basht. "J'hzuu's thanks to you". **
(114) Git: "Ooooo...." :draws his favorite dagger with a flick of his wrist and twirls it in his fingers as he approaches the altar.: "My turn." :Places the ceremonial dagger on the altar and grins to the fallen deiy.:
** (108) The spirit of Basht smiles at Git. "Your generosity merits a more potent reward. You have no Fate but the Fate you have made." There is a flash of light, and a glittering adamantine glove appears on the altar. **
** Kha starts looking though his equipment **
(108) The spirit of Basht: Wear this glove and point your finger at the ifrit or one of the Mala-tath, and either he or it shall know pain like fire that sears one's soul.
** (105) Norfirion retrieves Amunhotep's Rulling Staff and places it on the altar with a slow hand. He bows slightly and winces as he steps back. **
(114) Git: "Eh.... leans over the altar, looking at what his dagger has become. "Interesting. Though I've never been much for hefty baubles." :Picking it up, he looks it over carefully before trying it on. Looking to Kha, with a devious grin, he muses: "Searing pain to those I point at, huh?"
J'hzuu: "Remind J'hzuu to remove Git's fingers tonight..."
(114) Git: "Muwahahah." :mock laughs as he wiggles his finger menacingly:
** (116) Maximus smiles at the antics of J'hzuu and Git, and contemplates whether or not he should offer an item. **
** Kha pulls the Long tooth dagger that he has never know the full properties of and twirles it in his hands waiting his turn to place an item on the alter **
** (108) The spirit of Basht grasps the Staff of Amunhotep and presents it to Norfirion. There is a flash of intense blue light and the Staff reappears as a turquoise staff covered with runes and glyphs. **
(105) Norfirion: "Interesting. To Ra, I am grateful." *nods*
** J'hzuu takes one of the wands from his belt, (Magic Missile) and studies it. "J'hzuu now has the gloves for such things..." he contemplates out loud, glancing to the others for their thoughts. **
(108) The spirit of Basht: Your gift merits the highest reward that the god can grant in this place, O Seeker. Use this to heal that which is ill or bring one back from the destroyer of delights.
** (109) Lellick starts to dig through his pack, eventually taking out one of his own wands. He looks at it, and then at the altar, a little hesitant. **
** (105) Norfirion ponders over Basht's words curiously. **
** (110) Agatha thinks for a moment as she hefts her greataxe and contemplates it. **
(108) The spirit of Basht: Three gifts have been given, and three gifts have been granted. This is at an end. (smiles sadly)
** J'hzuu gives Norf a toothy grin. "Perhaps Norf should do this for Agatha?". **
(114) Git: "Awww... don't tell me you're going already. I miss these brief interludes."
** Kha shrugs and places the dagger back in it's shieth **
** (116) Maximus starts to unhook his scabbard from his belt, complete with the knights longsword. **
Kha: "I hope you fare well in your trials Basht, may Ra and the Lord of Fate smile on you"
** J'hzuu opens his mouth as if to protest, then realises how pointless that would be. He looks down at the single arrow in his hand, then gives a sheepish smile to the others. **
** (116) Maximus after hearing the spirit, shrugs and re-hooks his scabbard. He was never really that comfertible with offering his blade to another god... **
** (109) Lellick shrugs and sticks his wand in his belt. **
** J'hzuu nods to Basht. "J'hzuu's thanks to you. Fare well" **
** (110) Agatha looks up from he axe and smiles. "So be it. Bar'eth-el still has some work to do before I can lay it to rest." **
(120) DuneShepherd (enter): 22:26
(119) Tarian (enter): 22:27
(108) The spirit of Basht: Choose one of these doors, Seekers. A trial of wisdom, a trial of courage, or a trial of the heart. The nature of your trial will determine how you fare against the ifrit. Above you lies Khalitarius, the Star Gem of Shah-Pelar, and the Princess Shadalah. Remember, you have no Fate but the Fate you are given.
(120) DuneShepherd (exit): 22:27
Kha: "Let us do the trial of the heart"
(116) Maximus: "Courage...comes from the heart and wisdom shapes courage."
** (114) Git gives Basht a sincere bow, "We will think on it surely... or as surely as we ever think." **
(114) Git: "Take care of yourself, alrught?'
** J'hzuu rolls his eyes at Maximus. "The courageous often do things that only a madman would call wise. Entering the lair of an Ifrit, for one" **
** Kha looks at each of the doors trying to figure out which trial **
(116) Maximus: "The wise person accompanies those who are reckless in order to show them courage in the face of their folly. Now to find some one with wisdom.."
(110) Agatha: "Ey now, no one asked you to come. You had every opportunity to walk away."
** (105) Norfirion grips the staff and extends it above his hand as he shouts its command word and then touches the staff to his body, not sure of what to expect. **
** J'hzuu grins at Agatha. "You assume J'hzuu is wise..." **
** (105) Norfirion perks an eye and beams a smile. **
(105) Norfirion: "It actually worked....I'll be...."
** (110) Agatha tries to hide a smile. "Hmph. Touche." **
(108) The spirit of Basht: We will meet again, my friends. Your sacrifices (meets J'hzuu's eyes, Git's eyes and lingers on Norifirion's eyes) were not in vain.
** (105) Norfirion bows respectfully to the altar. "Thank you" he mutters to Ra the Everliving. **
** (108) The spirit of Basht slowly fades away, purring. **
(116) Maximus: "Enough talk, Courage is what comes easist to myself. For others I don't know, Heart for some might be too far removed, and Wisdom is something that is harder then heart. All three tie into the others though."
(105) Norfirion: "As was yours m'lady."
** J'hzuu nods to Basht. **
(105) Norfirion: "Now then, I'm rid of that filth. This staff shall come in quite handy. It may even be able to grant life to one of those that I seek to bring back from the void."
(105) Norfirion: "I'll have to study it in more detail later to determine for sure. I can't believe, my destiny, it could be within my grasp at last."
(108) DM: All of the doors are carved from rose quartz. One has the symbol of a scimitar, another is emblazoned with the symbol of a staff, and a third depicts the symbol of an open hand.
** (105) Norfirion brims with confidence and excitement at the thought, he stores the staff away and secures it to his backpack. **
** (114) Git just stares for a second to where Basht was, while the others discuss the right path. Wordlessly, he steps up to the altar, draws one of his daggers and sets it ppommel up on the stone. With a careless release, he lets it fall as it may. [1d3] -> [3] = (3) **
Kha: "Courage without wisdom is reklessness, Wisdom without heart is stupidity, and heart without both is evil"
(108) DM: The dagger clatters to the altar, and lies there.
** (110) Agatha turns to Norfirion, eyebrows raised. "You're --- you're kidding, right?" **
(108) DM: It points to the door emblazoned with the symbol of the scimitar.
(114) Git: :AS the dagger's point falls toward the north, Git looks off to see the door "Fate" picked (door to 9)
(105) Norfirion: "It seems so. I cannot believe it myself."
Kha: "There are multiple reasons why we should do the trial of the heart, Wound Healer umong those reasons"
** (109) Lellick isn't sure that he likes the intentions of the foreign gods here. "That is.. quite a boon indeed. Why is it that we are given such things so freely?" **
(116) Maximus: ((Hmm..I need to re-start open as I don't have the map, it never loaded for me.))
(114) Git: :glances to Kha: "Woundhealer...?"
(105) Norfirion: "Halthala's blade....one of those from the legend."
(105) Norfirion: "A blade of life, not destruction."
(114) Git: "What does that have to do with the trial of Heart?"
Kha: "Remember the last time we were offered three tirals, Courage, Wisdom and Heart. We chose courage and Woundhealer was denied to us. At the Sla-Mori"
** J'hzuu shrugs to Lellick. "All sacrificed things, also. If Ra does not wish the Ifrit to run amok, why would he not grant all tools to help all?" **
(105) Norfirion: "Indeed. Kha may be on to something."
(116) Maximus: Disconnecting from server...
(116) Maximus (exit): 22:40
(121) Maximus (enter): 22:41
(105) Norfirion: "Hmmm, but I don't know. I still think we should carry on with some degree of skepticism. Khalitarius is quite clever, he could be setting us up, playing of our hopes and dreams, and fears."
** (109) Lellick rubs the back of his neck, smiling faintly at J'hzuu, "Yes, but.. we're not of their people. I am rather grateful for the help, but I can't help but wonder." **
(114) Git: "Does it matter? Probably which ever path we choose is to be frought with some form of danger."
(105) Norfirion: "If there is a chance that we may claim Woundhealer, I am willing to take it."
(105) Norfirion: "I'm with Kha."
** Kha nods to Norf **
J'hzuu: "J'hzuu will do whatever all feels is best. He is still unfamiliar with much of this"
(114) Git: "I dunno. Test of courage or wisdom I could roughly understand as combat and puzzles or such. But to test a Heart.. sounds... intrusive."
Kha: "If it does not matter to you Git then lets just go though the door with the open hand and see what happens"
(114) Git: "If you all agree, I have no truly strong convictions agianst it though."
(121) Maximus: "Consider that the archtypes for each test might not be what you think. Courage could have you sacrifice yourself for the rest of us, or Heart could turn you against us."
** Kha nods heading to the door with the open hand "Let us go then" **
(110) Agatha: "Wisdom obviously isn't our strongest trait..."
(110) Agatha: "Courage seems to fail us here..."
** (105) Norfirion follows after Kha to the door with the Open Hand, his quick and lithe step back once again. **
(114) Git: :To Max: "Exactly what I worry over. Or it may be as simple and direct as it sounds."
(109) Lellick: "We won't know until we try, will we?"
** J'hzuu shakes his head in mild frustration. "Well, all won't know until all try, yes?" **
** Kha places his hand and the door and tries to open it slowly **
(108) DM: The door begins to shimmer...or perhaps, it is your surroundings that begin to shimmer and fade...
(108) DM: ...there is a distant, yet familiar voice speaking...
(108) DM: It seems near, yet far...
(108) Vorik: Your Majesty, may I present the Company of the Golden Gauntlet?
** Kha listens closly trying to identify the speaker **
** (105) Norfirion focuses on the voice and listens. **
** (121) Maximus listens intently. **
(108) DM: ...and suddenly, you are no longer in the Crypt of Badr al-Mosak, but on the eve of King Falconedge's wedding betrothal....in Tolmara, many months ago.
(108) DM: A company of adventurers advances down a carpeted aisle, as nobles and seated courtiers look on in interest, talking and laughing in their cups.
(108) The Company of the Golden Gauntlet: We, the members of the Company of the Golden Gauntlet, duly chartered and recognized by the grace of King Ayyers Falconedge, the First of Solnor and Defender of the Crown, do so pledge our loyalty to the sovereign ruler of Wylund. By this pledge, we vow to obey Wylund's laws when within the kingdom's borders, to neither plot nor aid an action against the kingdom's well-being, to come to her aid when summoned against a threat to the kingdom, and to faithfully renew our charter within the prescribed time allowed. This we pledge in the name of each of the gods that we follow.
(108) DM: As one, the members of the company kneel and bow to the King of Wylund.
** Kha looks to Git "This is when we were in Tolmara last correct, and we got hired by the king?" **
** (114) Git looks over the golden company curious, trying to spot familiar faces **
** (108) Ayyers Falconedge says gently, "Rise, my friends. Solnor be with you." **
** (105) Norfirion looks on somewhat confused, but interested. **
Kha: "What was it we called our selves? August Wanderers?"
(110) Agatha: "Aye, hard to believe, but we're back. Question is, what are we supposed to do?"
(108) DM: Several members of the company rise and beam with gratitude, smiles on their faces. The King touches his hand to his forehead, and invites the next group of adventurers forward.
(114) Git: "Yep. I still like that name. Classy and less pompous than something like Golden Gauntlet."
Kha: "Yes I like it as well, subtle and discriptive all at once"
(105) Norfirion: "These must be events that took place before our meeting, I presume?" *he says to Kha, Git, and Agatha/*
(110) Agatha: "Hmph. Looking back, it really suited us."
** (121) Maximus shuffles his feet..uncomfertable with the form the test is taking. **
Kha: "Yes, not long before though, a week maybe?"
** (109) Lellick listens to the others discuss this, watching the unfamiliar scene. **
(105) Norfirion: "I see."
(108) Vorik: Your Majesty, may I present The Company of the Stag Runners?
** J'hzuu watches the scene unfold, more than a little confused, but curious. **
Kha: "Too bad Vrondard decided to stay with the Dwarven Git Git found, he was with us when this happened"
(108) DM: A group of adventurers, half-elves and elves mostly, advance up the aisle, slowly. As one, they drop to bended knee and recite...
Kha: (( Dwarven Girl ))
(108) The Company of the Stag Runners: We, the members of the Company of the Stag Runners, duly chartered and recognized by the grace of King Ayyers Falconedge, the First of Solnor and Defender of the Crown, do so pledge our loyalty to the sovereign ruler of Wylund. By this pledge, we vow to obey Wylund's laws when within the kingdom's borders, to neither plot nor aid an action against the kingdom's well-being, to come to her aid when summoned against a threat to the kingdom, and to faithfully renew our charter within the prescribed time allowed. This we pledge in the name of each of the gods that we follow.
** (114) Git strolls about the court, looking people over thoughtfully while keeping an eye on the companies coming in, trying to find anything suspicious in the scene. **
(108) DM: And so it goes...
(110) Agatha: "No, he'd just rant endlessly about foul magiks."
(108) DM: As Vorik starts to read from his scroll, there is a commotion at the far end of the hall, where the double doors are.
(108) DM: The King glances from his consort and The Magister, at the end of the hall with some concern.
** J'hzuu spins, craning his head to see the commotion. **
Kha: "This is where Mellisa, I think that was her name threw heart seeker trying to kill the king"
** (105) Norfirion looks to the commotion and tries to make sense of all of this. **
(114) Git: "Hmmm..." :looks tot he commotion:
J'hzuu: ((*craning his neck, rather))
** Kha Consentrates a moment and draws power into himself **
(110) Agatha: "I remember this. Quickly! Get yourselves between the the doors and the King!"
(108) DM: All eyes turn towards the doors, which open, as a guardsman is hurled into the passage. In strides a warrior woman, and arrogantly stands before the assemblage, garbed in onyx drakescale armor and armed only with a single sword....
** (108) Melisana smiles maliciously. **
** J'hzuu looks to Agatha with confusion, but begins to move as told. **
** (110) Agatha takes off towards the king without waiting for the others. **
(108) Melisana: (bellows to one and all) "How fitting that the reign of King Ayyers Falconedge should come to a most troublesome end, on the night of his betrothal."
** (105) Norfirion follows Agatha's lead and bolts after her. **
** Kha focuses intently on the warrior woman **
(108) The Magister: YOU!
(108) The Magister: I slew you! How!!!?!?!
(110) Agatha: "Watch out! She has one of the Swords of Power!"
** (108) The Magister stands and points, aghast and astounded. **
** (121) Maximus draws his longsword and takes a double-handed grip on the blade, and moving between the warriorwoman and this unknown king. **
(108) DM: (init)
(105) Norfirion: Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
** Kha points one of his spears at Melisana, electricity arcing around the point of the spear **
(105) Norfirion: (bah)
(114) Git: Init: [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
(121) Maximus: (( 1d20+4 for initiative))
Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
(108) Melisana: I send a message from Eclavdra, "Your Majesty"...
(109) Lellick: [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
(121) Maximus: ((oops I mean [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21) ))
** J'hzuu looks around wildly, his ears flat against his head, his teeth bared. Init: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5) **
(110) Agatha: init: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
(108) Melisana: ..."For thou, for thou who hast wronged me...." (begins to chant and dance)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [19,7] = (26)
(114) Git: "Get that damn sword away before she finishes!"
(108) DM: (21, Max)
(121) Maximus: (( How far away is she?))
(108) DM: (sec)
(108) DM: (each square = 10)
(108) DM: (she's at the X)
(108) DM: (load minis, the thing at the far end represents the throne)
(121) Maximus: (( I had moved between her and the king, so is half-way acceptable?))
(108) DM: (fine)
(108) DM: (but I need precise placement)
(121) Maximus: ((Ok moved to where Maximus had placed himself))
(114) Git: (As I was wondering about the court. precise would be random click. so let me close my eyes and click a position)
J'hzuu: ((J'hzuu was near Aggie, so he'd be just behind her))
(105) Norfirion: (i was following after agatha, so somewhere near her is where id be)
(108) DM: (21, Max)
(108) DM: As the warrior woman chants, she begins to turn and dance an intricate series of steps as the sword in her hand begins to glow brighter and brighter. A death's head grin remains plastered on her face.
** (121) Maximus takes a deep breathe camling himself as he hears the curse the she-warrior is muttering, as Git yells the words of "sword of power". Empting his mind, his right foot steps forward, followed by the left as he breaks into a charge. **
Kha: "Stop he before she throws that sword it is Heartseeker"
Kha: (( shouted ))
(121) Maximus: (( Charge, with a smite chaos and Divine might activated))
(108) DM: (k)
(108) DM: (so move and roll if applicable)
(121) Maximus: (( Attack =[1d20+18] -> [12,18] = (30) and damage if it hits is [1d8+10] -> [5,10] = (15) +7 if she is of chaotic alignment))
(105) Norfirion: (don't forget its 10' a sqaure instead of 5 as well)
(108) DM: (yes)
(121) Maximus: (( I can charge 60ft in a round so I can move that far. My ac is now 14.))
(108) DM: Her step falters a little but she continues her chant, though her eyes shift over to Maximus with deadly intent.
(108) DM: (16, Kha)
** Kha releases the electricity that he had been building on the end of his spear and it arcs between the spear and Melisana small arcs hitting Maximus as well **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25)
(108) DM: Her steps gradually slow down a bit. The Sword's radiance continues to build, although not as intensely as before. She begins to laugh maniacally.
whispering to Maximus, Reflex
whispering to Maximus, to avoid Kha's spell
(108) DM: (15, Git)
** (114) Git moves forward to intercede, but know he can't clear the distance in time. In next resort, he looks to his new glove, musing, "I wonder what you can do here?" :raising a finger toward the berserk woman he gives a deathly pojnting (ranged touch?) **
(108) DM: (yes)
(114) Git: [1d20+9] -> [19,9] = (28)
** (121) Maximus shudders a bit as small electical currents flood over his body. **
(108) DM: A bolt of light streaks out of the glove straight at the dancing warrior woman. There is a muffled explosion, which causes her to falter and stumble, causing her to prematurely release the Sword. At the same time, a flash of blue light occurs in Git's hand, and where there was a glove is now a magical dagger.
(108) Melisana: ...for my Heart, for my Hea......NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
** (110) Agatha wonders if her other self is here as well. **
(114) Git: "Eh....?" :looks at the dagger curiously:
(108) DM: The Sword, released from Melisana's hand prematurely, flies straight off in a random direction, headed for the Magister's heart....
(108) DM: (11, Lellick)
(105) Norfirion: "Fate always seems to find its path somehow..."
(109) Lellick: (Is the sword at any particular position right now?)
(108) DM: (it's headed straight for the Magister. what do you want to do?)
(110) Agatha: ((where is the magister?))
(108) DM: (2nd X)
** (109) Lellick sees the sword flying towards the person behind him, and rushes towards the Magister, trying to knock him out of the way. **
(109) Lellick: (Might be useless, but.. taking a move action do to that, anything I need to roll?)
(108) DM: (Reflex)
(109) Lellick: Reflex save: [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
(108) DM: The Sword's flight hones unerringly towards the Magister, yet at the last second, embeds itself within Lellick's body, causing him to fall to the ground.
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(121) Maximus' from server... Removing dead client
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(121) Maximus' from server... Removing dead client
(121) Maximus (exit): 23:26
whispering to Lellick, Fort save
(124) Maximus (enter): 23:27
** (105) Norfirion winces at the sight of the impaled halfling. **
(110) Agatha: "Lellick!"
(108) DM: A soft, feminine voice utters, "Your sacrifice was not in vain...."
** J'hzuu stares open-mouthed, frozen with shock. **
(108) DM: Your surroundings fade...
** (105) Norfirion glances around confused, turning his head every direction. **
** (114) Git grips his dagger hard as he grimaces at the sight of the halfling's skewering **
(125) nutritious .2 (enter): 23:28
(110) Agatha: "Another illusion?"
(125) nutritious (exit): 23:28
** (124) Maximus lowers his stance and moves swiftly to the halflings side. **
** Kha blinks as the suroundings fade **
** (114) Git only gives a quick look about ther surroundings as he heads to check on the halfling. **
** (105) Norfirion looks around for the halfling and hurries over to him quickly, not forgetting the help he'd recieved from the small fellow just earlier. **
** (110) Agatha turns her attention to the halfling and rushes over to him. **
(108) DM: ...and then, you are inside a small octagonal chamber, standing near the base of a defaced statue of Ra, the Ever-Living. The door to the temple chamber stands open behind you, and most of you are bent over the body of Lellick, who has suddenly fainted.
** J'hzuu blinks a few times. "Illusion..? We..." He trails of in comprehension, then turns and moves towards Lellick. "So... Little-folk is unhurt, yes?" **
** (105) Norfirion puts his head to Lellick's chest to listen for life. "He's still alive. I think he just fainted." **
** (114) Git gives a sigh of relieve of the priest's safety. "You didn't really think we'd time travelled did you? I'm just glad it wasn't fatal." **
(110) Agatha: "Thank goodness."
(105) Norfirion: "Illusions can still be lethal to those who believe..."
(105) Norfirion: "Don't ever take them lightly."
(124) Maximus: "Did the wizard die in our reality?"
** Kha looks around the room **
Kha: "No"
(110) Agatha: "You never know with magic, Git. But it was odd that our doubles from that time weren't there."
(108) DM: Tattooed on Lellick's hand, however, is the pale white symbol of an open hand on a black hilt.
(108) DM: The symbol was not there before.
** (105) Norfirion takes his bedroll and places it under the halfling's neck. **
Kha: "He was healed with another sword of power, which I belive was Woundhealer, but he refused to confirm this"
(105) Norfirion: "But...."
(105) Norfirion: "But I thought that was in Celdenor?"
(105) Norfirion: "The magister used it and returned it somehow when we discovered it?"
(114) Git: "As long as we passed the test, I'm glad."
** J'hzuu nods. He rubs his hands together and speaks (Prestidig), and plucks a hair from his head. He shakes the hair, and it becomes a small patch of fur-covered hide. He runs his hands over it, and it sinks with dampness. He crouches down beside the halfling and places the wet cloth over his forehead, trying to revive him. **
(114) Git: :looking at the dagger in his hand, he adds: "All though..." :turning back to room 8, he yells at the altar as if Basht were still there to complain to, "Sacrifice not in vane my arse! You could have said it was only good for one use you furry assed bint!"
Kha: "The swords of power can roam, so maybe it left after they used it"
** (110) Agatha turns to Norf and shrugs. "They say the swords can transport and hide themselves at will." **
** (124) Maximus looks agitated at the talk of swords of power. Maximus smiles faintly at Gits outrage though. **
(105) Norfirion: "Ah I see. I wasn't quite sure if it had its own will, but my suspicions are confirmed then. We'll have to speak more of this later Kha. It's been some while since I've studied the legend."
(114) Git: "Hmph.... " :turns and grumblles as he looks about the room, resheathing his dagger contently nontheless:
Kha: "That tattoo is the same as the symbol on the hilt of Woundhealer"
** (105) Norfirion nods. **
(105) Norfirion: "Yes, I remember it when I tried to grasp it at Halthala's tomb."
(110) Agatha: "Do you think the little fellow has earned himself claim to the sword?"
(105) Norfirion: "Perhaps it has show its favor on Lellick now."
Kha: "I do"
** (105) Norfirion nods to Agatha. "It's very likely." **
** (114) Git looks over the runined statue, curious if it fell from neglect or abuse, as he peruses it to keep himself busy. **
** (105) Norfirion takes a seat by the halfling. "I'll keep an eye on him while you take a look around." **
Kha: "Seem to be a good choise, I dabble in healing, but my focus is knowledge, his is to prevent suffering, which Woundhealer can surly do"
** J'hzuu continues running the damp cloth over Lellick's head, checking for any sign of consciousness. **
(110) Agatha: "Aye, it almost makes you believe in this fate business."
** (109) Lellick groans and shifts his head to the side. **
Kha: "I have always belived in Fate" **Smiles**
** (105) Norfirion pats the halfling on the shoulder and encourages him. "There, you're fine small one. Take your time. What you did was a very brave thing. We're all proud of you." **
** J'hzuu smiles at the halfling. "J'hzuu would not have thought Little-folk could jump this high..." **
** Kha walks around the room looking at the walls with idle curiosity waiting for the Halfling to wake **
** (110) Agatha smirks. "Hmph. Really? You didn't strike me as the type." **
(108) DM: At the far end of this octagonal chamber is an archway that looiks out over an endless void.
(119) Tarian (exit): 23:41
(108) DM: There seems to be no other entrances or exits to this room apart from the entrance you came through.
** Kha peeks down the hole then backs away **
** (114) Git walks rhoguh the arch and stares down into the void. Quiet and contemplative... and then... **
** (110) Agatha turns to the cleric. "You gave us a bit of a start there. Are you alright, Lellick?" **
** (109) Lellick blearly opens his eyes just a tiny bit, "What...?" He sits up halfway, putting a hand over his heart, looking surprised at the lack of injury. **
(114) Git: .. he spits over the edge.
** (105) Norfirion stands up and lets J'hzuu finish monitoring the halfling's condition as he follows after Kha, hoping to keep the human out of trouble. **
(108) DM: After a while, a drop of spit falls down over Git's head.
(109) Lellick: "...I think so. I take it.. we're not all dead?"
Kha: "Something is falling in a circle in this pit"
(114) Git: "Eww...." :gets out a handkerchief to wipe away his spit. then drops the handkerchief to be sure of the theory
(110) Agatha: "Not yet, cleric. But who knows? The day is still young. I think."
** J'hzuu looks up at the noise of Git spitting, and watches as it falls. He gives Lellick a last glance over, then stands and approaches the pit, looking down it with a growing grin. **
(105) Norfirion: "Hmmmm"
(108) DM: The "void" is a darkened cylindrical shaft that appears to extend both above and below, beyond the limits of sight. Small rocks and debris fall from above and pass down the shaft. Wind howls down the shaft into the darkness below.
(105) Norfirion: Some kind of transporation?" *he looks to Kha*
** (109) Lellick grimaces, "Wonderful," probing around his chest for a moment more before slowly getting up to his feet. **
Kha: "I dont know, could jump in to see"
** J'hzuu glances at the cycling of the dropped objects. "Perhaps... J'hzuu will try this. If he wishes to stop, he can use his magicks to fly out, yes?" **
(105) Norfirion: "I'd rather not test it that way just yet..."
** Kha goes back to Lellick **
Kha: "Have you heard of the swords of power?
(110) Agatha: "Don't even think about it, Kha."
(105) Norfirion: "I don't know if thats a good idea J'hzuu. I'd be careful."
(110) Agatha: "If you were to survive the fall, I'd still kill you for being so bloody foolish."
** (105) Norfirion returns to the halfling's side following after Kha, interested in hearing anything he doesnt already know about the legend. **
** (109) Lellick blinks, looking between Kha and Agatha, "Yes, of course. One just killed me. Ah, metaphorically I suppose." **
** J'hzuu shrugs. "It may not be a good idea, this is true. But we should try and find out, yes?" **
(105) Norfirion: "Look at your hand." *he says to Lellick*
Kha: "That tattoo on your hand is the symbol of the Sword of Power called Woundhealer"
(105) Norfirion: "We encountered it previously, but nothing happened. We just saw it...but it appears you've gained its favor."
** (109) Lellick stares at them for a moment. "On my hand? Surely you can't be serious.." Then he finally lifts his hand, seeing the tattoo, and goes somewhat pale. Well, paler than he already is. **
(105) Norfirion: "It's quite an honor. Hopefully we won't have to rely on its assistance, being as its usually for very bad reasons."
** (114) Git steps back from the void, pondering aloud, "I wonder if it's too late to take one of the other paths." With that he goes about searching he statue and walls for a key to the void, or some other path to follow **
** J'hzuu takes a feather from the pouch on his belt and brushes it over his face, speaking as he does so. (Fly) **
(109) Lellick: "H-Honor. Uhm, yes. It.. is that."
** (109) Lellick is staring at his hand. **
(105) Norfirion: "Come on, lets get you up."
** (105) Norfirion assists the halfling in standing up. **
Kha: "You said before that you wish to end suffering, well from what I know about woundhealer it only heals insted of wounds"
** (105) Norfirion nods. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] -> [2,15] = (17)
** (109) Lellick nods to Norf, then looks to Kha, "Yes, I know of the tales." **
(108) DM: J'hzuu rises into the air...
(108) DM: (where exactly?)
** J'hzuu lifts a few inches from the ground, and floats into the pit. He waits for a moment, then says "J'hzuu will be back shortly" and descends (About 100 ft /round) **
(105) Norfirion: "I had sought its power in returning the dead, my beloved Methiel, Pyrith, and Randuil. But it was not for my to do I suppose. At the least, I am grateful of our meeting. You may hold the key to what I seek in the future. So don't plan on dying anytime soon, you hear?"
(108) DM: (k)
Kha: "Well the sword seems to have chosen you, and We" **Looking to Norf and Agatha** "know where it was last"
** (109) Lellick just looks at Norf for a moment, then says, "..I'll try not to." **
** (105) Norfirion nods. **
whispering to ticattack, you rise 100'. 50' above the opening into the void, you can see the entrance to another passageway. after rising another 50', you suddenly are ported to the bottom of the shaft
** (110) Agatha turns towards the sound of the J'hzuu's voice. "What the?" **
** (124) Maximus looks at the small cleric of Tevesh..."Or you can go on as you have everyday up 'til now and ignore the tatoo until you wish so." **
** (110) Agatha grumbles. "Lovely, just lovely." **
Kha: "So once we finish with this Ifriti we can help you retrive it, which will help in your quest to end suffering"
(105) Norfirion: "If we are not finished in Zayal by the time I learn the spell of teleportation, we may be able to return to Celdenor briefly and retrieve it. It would be helpful."
** (110) Agatha yells after the wizard. "At least watch out for traps!" **
** J'hzuu comes into view again, from the opposite end of the pit. He grins at the others. "There is another opening" he says. **
** (109) Lellick looks to Max and smiles faintly, "I suppose I should try." **
whispering to ticattack, so now you're 50' below the entrance to the void. get it? the shaft is 150' from top to bottom, but a teleport field is at the top and bottom, so it appears as if objects within are endlessly falling
(105) Norfirion: "For all we known, it may be a necessary step in order to complete our task her. I don't suppose this is a coincidence."
(114) Git: "Goos, J'hzuu.. ho far?"
J'hzuu: "Not far. Perhaps... Fifty feet, maybe?"
(114) Git: "Fifity feet... up? down? sideways? slantways? what?"
** (105) Norfirion glances to the Khajit. "Well then, I suppose its time for us to move on." **
** J'hzuu remains floating in the middle of the pit. "There is a field of teleporting, here" he points up "and here" he points down. **
** (109) Lellick moves over to the pit the others are looking at, curious to see what it is. **
Kha: "Anything else in the room besides the pit"
** (124) Maximus stretches a bit. **
** (105) Norfirion walks over to the edge of the pit and signals the others he's going to try the ride. **
J'hzuu: "Fifty feet up. The passage is not long, only one or two hundred feet. It teleports, making a loop" he looks immenseley pleased with himself.
(105) Norfirion: "I'll see what happens if we're not under the effects of flight magic."
** (105) Norfirion steps into the void. **
J'hzuu: (To Kha) "Wait, J'hzuu will go check"
(105) Norfirion: (ready an action to cast feathfall)
** J'hzuu quickly moves away from where Norf stepped in, so that he doesn't get hit as he falls again. **
(114) Git: "Good investigating, J'hzuu. I'll buy you some fish in the next town"
(108) DM: (ok....lol)
** Kha shakes his head **
(108) DM: Norfirion steps in and falls...
** J'hzuu gives J'hzuu a long stare. "J'hzuu is not a housecat. You may find some of the sherbet all had with the Everlasting, though" He closes his eyes and licks his lips. **
(108) DM: Moments later, he reappears and falls past the entrance shaft
(108) DM: And then again....
(108) DM: And then again...
J'hzuu: (Calling out) "Would Norf like J'hzuu to catch him?"
(105) Norfirion: "Yes!!! Plea......seeeeeeeeeeee!"
** J'hzuu reaches out to grab the wizard's arm as he falls again. (Reflex?) **
(108) DM: (yes)
** (105) Norfirion shouts as he tumbles by with an amused grin on his face. **
(114) Git: "FIne,, sherbet." :watches the mage falling, and falling, and falling. This is getting redundant."
J'hzuu: [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
(108) DM: You manage to catch Norf, although barely.
(110) Agatha: "You have to admit, though, it's rather amusing."
(105) Norfirion: "Thank you." *he mutters dizzily to the Khajit*
(105) Norfirion: "That was quite amusing."
** J'hzuu grasps onto the wizard's hand, and almost gets pulled down after him. He hoists him up with both hands, and deposits him onto the ledge. **
J'hzuu: "J'hzuu will go see what is in this other room. He will be back shortly"
** (114) Git exmanines the walls, curious how hard it would be to climb up. **
(105) Norfirion: "I had a feather fall spell at hand just incase. We tend to have a problem with heights."
** J'hzuu rises up, out of sight, and peers into the room above. **
** J'hzuu glances down and sees Git's head. "J'hzuu will carry all. Or at least help them climb. This will work, yes?" **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19)
(114) Git: :to j: "Sure.. at least we don't have to worry about falling to our deaths"
(110) Agatha: "I'd feel better if ya tied a line up there."
J'hzuu: "Unless all fall at once. J'hzuu knows he would not like to be hit by Agatha falling on him"
** (105) Norfirion nods. "That should suffice. One of our warriors should head up first so we dont get cought off guard like in the bridge room" **
(124) Maximus: "I have some rope we can use to tether at one end, and scale the rope from there."
Kha: "Hey Git you want to look at these" **Points at the East and West wall** "There are doors there"
(108) DM: (so J'hz is flying up then?)
** (110) Agatha gives the khajit a warning glare. **
J'hzuu: ((Yes. Checking the room above))
(114) Git: "Eh...?" :looks bask to Kha. "What doors?"
** Kha moves to each wall and traces the outline of the doors "these doors" **
** J'hzuu catches Agatha's glare and gives her a grin. "Well, Little-folk would not hurt as much" **
(114) Git: "Hmmm..." :moves to the western wall and searches the spot Kha pointed out
(108) DM: Evil laughter reverberates throughout the shaft.
(108) Khalitarius, Lord of the Citadel of Brass: I SEE YOU, LITTLE CAT!!!! TASTE MY WRATH!
** J'hzuu screams, and zooms into view, clambering into the chamber with the others, his ears down, teeth bared. **
(110) Agatha: "Shite! What now?"
J'hzuu: ((Or not. Disregard that last statement))
(114) Git: "That can't be good"
** (110) Agatha gets her axe out. **
(108) DM: An explosion rocks the chamber above you.
** J'hzuu screams, the noise echoing down the shaft. **
Kha: (( AFK for a smoke ))
** (124) Maximus moves to the edge of the tunnel, and trys to figure out how to get to the other chamber. **
(109) Lellick: "Can we get up there??"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] -> [4,15] = (19)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [8d6] -> [1,4,3,5,6,3,5,1] = (28)
** (124) Maximus yells through the shaft, "J'hzuu!" **
(105) Norfirion: "Well we can't just leave him up there all alone!"
(124) Maximus: "If I jump through, I go through an infinite loop right?"
** (110) Agatha quickly straps her axe to her back and takes a breath. "Gods help me." **
** J'hzuu zooms into view, and clambers into the chamber with the others. His fur is burned black, and parts of him are still smoking. He lands on the floor and collapses in a heap, writhing in pain. **
** (105) Norfirion withdraws a small vial of bitumen (a black thick liquid) and a small live spider, which he both consumes as he gestures and chants a spell. (Spider Climb) **
** (114) Git rushes to the edge of the void to check on the khajit and look up the shaft for a persuing ifrit **
** (110) Agatha stops, just about to jump into the pit when J'hzuu comes smoking in. **
(105) Norfirion: "Keep an eye out Git." *he says as he rushes over to the Khajit.*
(110) Agatha: "J'hzuu!"
** (109) Lellick hurries over to J'hzuu's side, "Out of the way, please, let's make room..." Grabbing his holy symbol in one hand, he gingerly touches J'hzuu's shoulder with the other, "May Tevesh ease this man's pain and make him whole again." **
J'hzuu: "Up... Ifrit... Fire" He gasps in paing.
J'hzuu: ((*pain))
(109) Lellick: (Cure Moderate Wounds, rolling now..)
** (110) Agatha gets her axe out again and takes a stance in front of the pit. **
(109) Lellick: [2d8+5] -> [5,2,5] = (12)
(124) Maximus: "Norfirion can you cast a spell on me to let me travel through the shaft? I can buy the time needed for you guys to ready a defense."
** J'hzuu stops writhing, and sits up. "It saw J'hzuu..." **
(105) Norfirion: "I'm afraid not Maximus. "
** (105) Norfirion mutters as he thinks. **
(109) Lellick: "I think.. we should wait for it to come to us. It could send a spell down the shaft, couldn't it?.."
** J'hzuu hoists himself to his feet, wincing in pain, and leaning on the halfling's head for balance, and stumbles over to Maximus. "J'hzuu can do this" **
** (124) Maximus stands still as J'hzuu hobbles over. **
** J'hzuu listens to Lellick's words. "Little-folk does have a point... Although... It could send a spell anywhere. This is it's home, yes?" **
** (105) Norfirion closes his eyes in concentration and begins to chant as he motions his hands like flickering flames. The elf is surrounded in a warm red glow that flickers like flames before fading. (Resist Elements: Fire). **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [5,5] = (10)
** J'hzuu shrugs, wincing as he does so. He takes a feather from his spell pouch, and runs it along Maximus' arm, muttering as he does so. (Fly) "There" **
** (124) Maximus while waiting for everyone to makes decisions focuses on the grace stored within him, to heal what wounds he has. ((Lay on hands for 20 points)) **
(108) DM: (to be clear, J'hz DID investigate the room above, so it saw him and fired at him)
(108) DM: (investigate by himself)
** (124) Maximus gives a nod of thanks to J'hzuu. **
(105) Norfirion: "Well then, what are we going to do?"
** (114) Git watches the shaft, waiting to see if the ifrit plans to even make a move. **
Kha: "I am trying to open these doors, maybe one of them leads to the room J`hzuu saw"
(114) Git: (what side of the shaft is the room upstairs on?)
** (124) Maximus positions himself next to the shaft, Shield raised and ready to fly through at a moments notice. **
Kha: "Git you are better with doors then I am, could you please open one or both of them?"
** J'hzuu takes a bit of fleece from his beltpouch and tosses it into the pit. He utters his words quietly, timing it so that it bursts into the shape of himself just before it goes past the other opening. (Silent Image) **
** J'hzuu makes the image halt, floating before the opening. **
(108) DM: (you're asking me or J'hz?)
(114) Git: :looks back to Kha: "I didn't really see a door." :appraoaches the west wall once more to look again:
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] -> [20,15] = (35)
J'hzuu: ((I figured the same side... I could be wrong...?))
(114) Git: "Ooohh,,,," :reacing a seam he hadn't noticed before, he goes about trying to decipher how tio open the door
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [12,14] = (26)
Kha: (( dubble checking we are in room 9 with the pit 12c correct? ))
(108) DM: ((Yes))
** (114) Git steps back as the passage opens, to reveal a small chamber with a chest in its middle **
(108) DM: ((no sorry, room 9 with the pit at 12b))
(105) Norfirion: *Zelda music plays*
** (124) Maximus wills himself to hover a few inches above the floor. **
(114) Git: :drawing his dagger, he looks about cautiously before entering:
(108) DM: ((ignore the N direction on the map))
** (110) Agatha doesn't let her eyes off the pit. "What have we got, Git?" **
Kha: (( oh ok thats what was confusing me ))
(114) Git: "A room and and box."
** J'hzuu awaits to see if the ifrit will take the illusory bait. **
** (114) Git slowly approaches the chest, apprehensive of the easy pickings, he holds a defenesive stance as he moves in to search the chest **
** Kha takes a look in the room and enters cutiously **
(108) DM: Nothing seems to happen. (at J'hz)
** (110) Agatha is still focued on the shaft. "Are you picking up anything from the hidden room, Norfirion?" **
** Kha searches this room while Git examins the chest **
** (124) Maximus keeps a vigililent watch on the shaft, incase of an incursion. **
** J'hzuu stops concentrating, and the illusion vanishes. He turns and hurries to the others. "J'hzuu does not like this. All are gving him time to prepare..." **
(105) Norfirion: "I've been keeping an eye on this shaft with you. I'm more worried about Khalitarius"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
** (105) Norfirion he says to Agatha. **
(105) Norfirion: "But I'll go check it out. Be careful and shout if you need me."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [12,2] = (14),[1d20+2] -> [13,2] = (15).[1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22).[1d20+2] -> [4,2] = (6).[1d20+2
Kha: "Whoa where did Git go?" **Rushes over to where he last saw Git**
** (105) Norfirion follows after Git and Kha into the hidden chamber, his staff held high and scanning for magic as he enters. **
(105) Norfirion: (Detect Magic)
(105) Norfirion: "What? Where's Git he says"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [11,2] = (13)
** (124) Maximus looks at J'hzuu, "While I will give myself to stay the Ifrit to grant you all time, while he doesn't act we all have time to find another solution. So in the interest of conversation..." **
** J'hzuu looks at the paladin for a moment, mouth slightly open, then shakes his head and smiles at the absurdity of the situation. "All are having nice weather, yes?" **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
(114) Git: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [19,10] = (29)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
(124) Maximus: "A little muffy, seems its a bit hot in here. Might be a source of fire around here...A good rain would help."
** J'hzuu slumps down against the wall and takes out his wand, off-white with rounded ends (Cure light). He places it against one his arm, and lets out a sigh of relieve as the energy flows through him. [1d8+2] -> [5,2] = (7) **
(114) Git: Fortitude save: [1d20+6] -> [14,6] = (20)
(110) Agatha: "Hmph. How's it coming, Norfirion?"
(108) DM: (only Kha and Git are affected, fyi)
(108) DM: (22, Git)
(105) Norfirion: "There's no sign of them, they disappeared."
(108) DM: (time out folks)
(108) TaliesinNYC: I don't understand what's the problem
(108) TaliesinNYC: Git enters room 11, he disappears and is ported elsewhere, is attacked by undead, he tumbles, one hits him (natural 20), and a critical, he receives a negative level but has not lost a level yet
(108) TaliesinNYC: what's the problem?
J'hzuu: ((I wasn't aware there was a problem...))
(105) Norfirion: me either
J'hzuu: ((Should I have seen all of that...? Because I don't))
(110) Agatha: "What? Well where the bloody hell are they?"
(108) DM: (so anyway, resuming. 22, Git)
(105) Norfirion: (well we can solve that problem, I've still got all my 2nd ed books. :-) )
** (114) Git lashes back at the creep that attacked him, before rolling away to a position removed from the undead (-5 att, +5 ac) **
(114) Git: Aelous Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [4,11] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d4+2+0] -> [3,2,0] = (5)
(114) Git: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [6,10] = (16)
(114) Git: (ac 10... definately miss)
(108) DM: (16, the wights)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12).[1d20+3] -> [20,3] = (23).[1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6),[1d20+43
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16),[1d20+3
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
** (110) Agatha turns away from the shaft and heads to the hidden room. "Maximus, watch the shaft. Norfirion, watch me." **
(108) DM: 4 misses, 1 20 (auto hit, but not crit)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
(108) DM: (4 damage, another negative level)
(108) DM: (14, Kha)
** Kha drops his holy symbol from his sleave attached to the prear beads wraped around his left and and holds it up **
Kha: "Oneiros, Time Lord, Grant me power over Aponia to send these creatures back to the grave!"
** (110) Agatha marches into the room, axe in hand. **
(108) DM: (Norf roll init, Norf disappears from room 11)
** J'hzuu looks up the hall, and turns to Max. "What takes the others so long?" **
(108) DM: (and reappears next to Kha and Git)
** (110) Agatha looks around. "Norfirion? Wonderful." **
** J'hzuu uses another charge of curing on himself [1d8+2] -> [5,2] = (7), then rises to his feet and walks down the corridor looking for the others. **
** (124) Maximus looks to the Kashjit, "I don't know." **
(124) Maximus: "Well Lellick just you and me know.."
J'hzuu: (To Agatha) "Where are the others?"
(108) DM: 2 of the wights stay back and cower, hissing and spitting at Kha's boldly presented symbol.
** (110) Agatha calls back. "The elf is gone now too. I don't know where they went. I'm going to examine this chest. It seems the last thing everyone did." **
(105) Norfirion: (sorry was afk a sec)
** (110) Agatha examines the chest. **
(105) Norfirion: Armor Class: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor)
(105) Norfirion: oops
(105) Norfirion: Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [16,7] = (23)
** J'hzuu hurries foward. "Wait, it could be a trap" **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
** J'hzuu rubs his right wrist with his left hand, and studies the chest. (Detect Magick) **
whispering to Maximus, I need to know where you are
** (109) Lellick calls to Agatha, "Gone?..." He frowns at that, then looks up at Max, "Why are we standing here, again?" **
(108) DM: It seems to be a small wooden chest.
(108) DM: (23, Norf)
** (124) Maximus shrugs, "Because were the smart ones? I'm gaurding against the possible appearence of that ifrit, but he would have attacked by now. He is rash and stupid, I assume." **
** J'hzuu calls out to Maximus. "Never assume. You make both of us asses" He looks up at Agatha from the chest, and gingerly reaches out and touches it. **
** (110) Agatha gives the chest a test knock and then tries to open it. **
** (105) Norfirion extends his hand and utters 2 quick syllables as twin beams of fire streak outwards from his hand, headed towards one of the non-cowering wights. **
** (124) Maximus smiles at J'hzuu's comment. "He is red though..." **
(108) DM: Nothing seems to happen.
(105) Norfirion: Ranged Touch Attack [1d20+6+0] -> [20,6,0] = (26)
(105) Norfirion: Ranged Touch Attack [1d20+6+0] -> [4,6,0] = (10)
(108) DM: (to J'hz)
** J'hzuu opens the chest. **
** (109) Lellick shrugs, stepping back to stand next to the ruined statue in the room. **
(108) DM: (26 hits)
(105) Norfirion: [4d6] -> [1,1,2,5] = (9)
(108) DM: Inside the chest is a piece of parchment rolled up as if a scroll.
(105) Norfirion: (i always suck on my ranged touch rolls, bah)
(108) DM: (22, Git)
** J'hzuu glances from the parchemnt, to Agatha, then back to the parchment. "J'hzuu gets the feeling that if he reads this, he will not like what happens..." **
** J'hzuu concentrates on the scroll for a moment, trying to determine anything odd about it. **
** (114) Git 's face shows some sincere relief at the arrival of friends, and he does his best to aid them. drawing Suhail he moves in to meet the closest wight (please adjust for magical properties) **
(114) Git: Scimitar Attack Roll: [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
(110) Agatha: "What else can we do?"
(108) DM: (miss)
(114) Git: (please also adjust for my crap luck..... )
(108) DM: (16, the wights)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7),[1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20),[1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
(108) DM: (they miss)
(108) DM: (14, Kha)
** Kha holds up his holy symbol **
Kha: "Oneiros, Time Lord, Grant me power over Aponia to send these creatures back to the grave!"
** J'hzuu picks up the parchment and reads it. "It is not macicked..." **
(110) Agatha: "Well what's it say?"
J'hzuu: "J'hzuu can read only so fast!"
(108) DM: (1 wight unaffected)
(108) DM: (23, Norf)
** (105) Norfirion withdraws a slender amber rob and a bit of rabbit fur as he touches it to the rod, he points it towards the gathering of wights and speaks an enchantment as he calls upon the path of the pattern, sacrifcing a portion of his lifeforce to the magick. A vicsious lightning bolt streaks out from the amber rod. **
(105) Norfirion: (Lightning Bolt, sacrificing 7 hp)
(105) Norfirion: DC 19, [14d6] -> [6,3,4,2,2,2,2,6,3,6,6,3,3,3] = (51) electrical damage
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [8,6] = (14)
** J'hzuu looks to Agatha. "It is a map..." he says in a confused voice. **
(105) Norfirion: "Your affront will stand no more! Be gone!"
(108) DM: (k)
(108) DM: The wights are struck dead by the wizard's onslaught of magicka.
(108) DM: (22, Git)
(114) Git: (just the uncowering one left?)
** (105) Norfirion slouches to his knees trying to stay up as he winces, visibly shaken, and pale from the damage to his essence. **
(108) DM: (yes)
** (114) Git gives Suhail a twirl before moving in for the last wight, hoping for some pay back (-2 attack for neg, +? for Suhail) **
(114) Git: Scimitar Attack Roll: [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
(114) Git: (ac 18+?)
(108) DM: (hit)
(108) DM: It seems to move more slowly, snarling in pain.
(114) Git: ((Woohoo! I hit something! *Commence the Boogie diown*))
(108) DM: (16, the wight)
(108) DM: (remember -2 to your rolls)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17)
(108) DM: (and miss)
(108) DM: (14, Kha)
** Kha flips his Holy Symbol back up his sleave and strikes out at the remaining Wright with his spear of fire **
** (105) Norfirion glances up from his knees, fearing the wight may closse in for retaliation. He braces himself just incase. **
Kha: Shortspear Attack Roll: [1d20+12] -> [11,12] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
Kha: Shortspear Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [13,8] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
(108) DM: It withers away.
(108) DM: At the wights' demise, the door opens. (Other PCs are in room 5.)
** (105) Norfirion grabs his side and grits his teeth as he coughs up a substantial portion of blood. He staggers to his feet slowly. **
** (114) Git slumps back onto his arse as the undead are killed and their freed **
(108) DM: Beyond the door is a chamber revealing a defaced statue of Ra, the Ever-Living. Doors at each of the compass points stand closed. In the statue's hands are a golden crook and where would be a golden flail, except that the hand remains empty.
** Kha looks though the door into the next room to make sure there are no more undead before entering and looking around **
(105) Norfirion: "I don't know how I got here, but I'm glad I came. Are you two ok?" *he says to Kha and Git with a forced smirk*
(114) Git: "Nope"
Kha: "Hey Git you or Agatha have the Golden flail?"
(105) Norfirion: "Yeah, stupid question." *he retorts to Git*
(110) Agatha: "Where the hell have you two been?"
(110) Agatha: ((Make that 3))
(114) Git: :looking weak and haggard: "Just went for a little stroll"
(105) Norfirion: "Just fighting for our lives as usual my dear."
(108) DM: (Ag, J'hz, Max and Lel are NOT where Git, Kha and Norf are, fyi)
(105) Norfirion: "I don't think there's much I can do for your injuries Git. That wight's life draining touch isn't easy to heal."
J'hzuu: ((Yeah, we're still at 11, aren't we? Or 10...))
(114) Git: (was there a chest in this room too?)
(105) Norfirion: "And the staff I recieved earlier can only heal normal wounds pretty much."
(110) Agatha: ((Oh. Oops))
(108) DM: (to be clear, Ag, J'hz, Lel and Max are in room 9, near 12b pit; everyone else is in 5, except Kha who is in room 4)
** (105) Norfirion scampers over to Git. **
J'hzuu: ((Gotcha))
(105) Norfirion: "Kha, wait up. Don't wander too far off. We're not in the best shape here."
** Kha looks around for the Luggage that used to follow them around **
(108) DM: (J'hz and Ag are in room 11, yes)
(114) Git: :waves off the mage: "S'alright. Guess I learned a valuable lesson about looking at things... though I have no idea what it is. Lets hoipe I live tong enough to regret it."
Kha: "I am no going anyware yet"
(108) DM: (it's here, as always)
(108) DM: (hasn't left yet)
** (110) Agatha looks expectantly at J'hzuu. "Can you even read?" **
(105) Norfirion: "I won't let you die. Just shut up and move. I don't wanna linger around here. We have to try and find our way back to the others."
** (105) Norfirion helps Git to his feet. **
(114) Git: :shrugging away from the wizard: "I can walk, thanks."
** (124) Maximus looks to Lellick, "I need to stay here and watch this shaft, you mind going to see whats holding up the rest of the party?" **
(105) Norfirion: "Just a minute before your pride gets in the way. It might not be much, but this may help a little."
** (105) Norfirion unties the staff of miracles from his pack and speaks its command word while touching it to Git. (Cure Moderate Wounds). **
(109) Lellick: "Alright. I'll be back in a moment."
** Kha goes to the Luggage and asks it or diggs though it to find the Golden Flail **
(114) Git: :pushes the staff away: "Don't waste it here. I'll live."
** (110) Agatha takes a look ar the map. "Hmm..." **
(105) Norfirion: [2d8+7] -> [7,6,7] = (20) healed to Git
(105) Norfirion: (provided its not HP loss from negative lvls or other)
(108) TaliesinNYC: not yet
** Kha takes the Flail and places it in the hand of the statue to see if it is the correct Flail **
** (109) Lellick steps inside the room J'hzuu and Agatha are in, circling around to see what they're looking at. "What is that?" **
J'hzuu: "It is a map. It was in this chest. A city, called 'Telar'
(105) Norfirion: "That's been many a folk's last words." *he replies to Git*
(110) Agatha: "Hmph. Doesn't really help us, but the others might want to see it. Assumin' we can find them."
(110) Agatha: "Where can they be?"
(114) Git: "Regardless, that won't help me much now"
(108) DM: The golden flail fuses in the statue's hand, restoring the statue to a semblance of its former self. In doing so, you receive the knowledge that the Fellowship and the creatures that were behind several intrigues in Tolmara were minions of Khalitarius. The restoration of the flail is the first step in their destruction and the banishment of Khalitarius from the mortal plane.
(108) DM: A primal scream of rage echoes from elsehwere in the crypt.
(105) Norfirion: "Well the cleric isn't around, and we're split up. I'd rather not take any chances. Anyways, lets try and get the hell out of here."
Kha: "I think I hurt him"
** J'hzuu jerks his head up at the noise. "Why does J'hzuu not like this noise..." **
** (109) Lellick frowns a little at hearing that, "They still haven't shown up, then?" He takes a cursory look around the room, for switches or obvious traps or.. something. **
(108) DM: There is a flash of light and Norf, Git and Kha appear next to J'hzuu.
** Kha looks around disliking all this teleporting **
** J'hzuu jerks in surprise. "Where were all? What happened?" **
Kha: "Oh hello"
(108) DM: (fyi, 5000 xp divided between Kha, Git and Norf on completing a minor campaign goal)
Kha: "Just doing some major damage to the Ifriti"
(110) Agatha: "Where the hell have you been?"
Kha: (( [5000/3] ))
J'hzuu: ((1666.6666666666666666666666666667))
(108) DM: (round up)
** (109) Lellick blinks at seeing the others, then moves around them back into the room where Max is standing guard, "The others suddenly appeared again." **
(105) Norfirion: (awesome)
** (124) Maximus rolls his eyes, though appears somewhat relieved. "Well if there done playing...they can stay and guard and we can get a turn to go play." **
(114) Git: "Okay.. have fun" :takes a seat as he waves goodbye: "Good luck."
(110) Agatha: "Well, are you alright?"
** (105) Norfirion sighs and straightens his robes. **
(105) Norfirion: "Lets all try to stay together onward."
(105) Norfirion: "I do believe Kha finally discovered the flail's purpose, and it seems to have offened our ifrit friend quite well."
** J'hzuu nods. "Yes. J'hzuu thinks this is a good idea. If we are separate, we have little chance" **
** J'hzuu frowns. "And yet, he still does not attack. Either he is weakened, or he is waiting for all to trigger something..." **
(105) Norfirion: "Why don't you explain what happened Kha. I need to catch my breath. My spellcasting has taken its strain on me."
(124) Maximus: "What are we here for? I think one of the blows from the mummies on the bridge has caused me to forget..."
** (105) Norfirion takes a seat and jokes with the half-elf about there latest stint with death as he breaths slowly trying to recover from the use of powerful magicka. His color is quite ashen and paler than usual, almost translucent. **
(114) Git: :to max: "Somewhere upstairs is a princess and a gem with our names on em."
(110) Agatha: "Get the Star Gem, save the princess, try to escape with our hides intact and come one step closer to sealing up this damned ifrit."
(105) Norfirion: "And thus completing the prophecy of Martek..." *
(114) Git: "Ugh,..." :rests his head back asgainst the statue's base: "I'm really getting sick of these prophecies."
Kha: "The flail merged with the statue, and it seems from what I can understand that Basht took the flail out of this Temple. All the proplems in Tolmara were caused by the Ifriti's minions searching for the flail. Basht when he was going to teleport us someware had finaly been found by the Ifriti and the Ifrit interfired with Basht's spell bringing us to where he was traped so we would set him free and he could get the Flail to ensure his victory"
** (105) Norfirion rests his head against the wall and for once agrees with Git. **
** (124) Maximus nods as the information is stated. "So all we need to do is find a way up then?" **
Kha: "There is still the matter of Martek, and the Star Gems, but had we not found the flail even with that I doubt we would have defeated the Ifriti"
J'hzuu: "Without getting killed, if possible. He sent forth black flames..." He shudders. "There was such evil in the room. It made J'hzuu fell sick"
(105) Norfirion: "I'm not quite sure I understand why that was so, or its signifigance, but I'm glad its done with nonetheless."
(114) Git: : to J'hzuu: "Was he all alone up there?"
(105) Norfirion: "Why was the flail necessary for Khalitarius' victory?" *he says to Kha*
(105) Norfirion: "I don't know much about the matter, being you were in possesion of it before out meeting."
** (124) Maximus looks around and stretches, not leaving to far from the shaft and always keeping his awarness on it. "I would like to press on, but if we need to rest...it might draw the ifrit to us." **
** J'hzuu looks at Git for a moment. "J'hzuu does not know. He... did not get to see much, before he was hurt" **
(110) Agatha: "Better question. If he knew we had the flail, why not kill us when he first saw us and claim it for himself?"
J'hzuu: "Perhaps... Perhaps he is weakened? It would explain why he has not come down here, yet. All are wounded, but he remains hidden"
Kha: "Because Ra this is a temple of Ra and the Ifriti is building his poer here, with the Flail back in place, the power Ra has here is greater and can help fight him"
Kha: "I dont think he knew we had it, but he knew Basht had it and probably though Basht was teleporting us to it"
(105) Norfirion: "I see. That helps somewhat."
(105) Norfirion: "Now then, the question is, what shall our plan of action be now?"
** Kha shrugs "Either way, we still need to find the Star gem and the Princess." **Points to the secret door Git did not open** "Maybe the Star Gem in though there" **
** J'hzuu looks around the room. "Are there any other passages? If not, J'hzuu thinks that" he nods to the gaping pit "may be all's only option..." **
Kha: "There is a door Git has not opened, So did you find anything while we were gone?"
(114) Git: :glances to the still closed door, then to Kha. After a moment he gives a sigh, stands and goes to see about getting the Eastern door open:
(105) Norfirion: "I'm sure Git is all for another near death experience."
** (105) Norfirion follows the half-elf. **
(105) Norfirion: "Just incase, I've got your back this time."
(110) Agatha: "If so, how do we get up there? A rope might be burned away."
(110) Agatha: ((to J'hzuu))
** J'hzuu gestures towards the map Agathat was holding. "We found a map. Has anyone heard of a city known as Telar?" **
Kha: "Nope, can I see it?"
** (124) Maximus looks torn between following the group off on another side adventurer or staying on gaurd against a possible surprise attack. **
(114) Git: :to Norf: "Thanks I appreciated.." :as he works on the door: "You wnat the front instead? I really don't mind the back."
** J'hzuu shrugs. (To Ag) "J'hzuu does not know. He can use his magicks to make a rope more resistant to fire, but not fire proof..." **
** (105) Norfirion chuckles. "I didn't say I was that pleased with it." **
** (105) Norfirion glances back to the others. **
(105) Norfirion: "I could transport us up there, like I did previously by changing my form."
** J'hzuu nods. "J'hzuu can fly. He can allow others to fly, too... **
(105) Norfirion: "Or if I have time to rest, I can just get us up there with a minor teleportation spell."
(105) Norfirion: "That'll work as well." *he says to J'hzuu.*
** (110) Agatha hands Kha the map. "I figured you'd be interested. Knock yourself out." **
** (105) Norfirion turns his attention back to Git, and keeps a nervous eye open for trouble. **
** Kha begins studying the map while Git works **
(128) Jason (enter): 02:08
(128) Jason (exit): 02:08
(128) Jason (enter): 02:08
(128) Jason (exit): 02:09
Kha: "There is an inscription here 'The war between Telar and Norbia was caused by intrigues of old, between Khalitarius and his Mala-tath...'"
(114) Git: :to kha, while working to get the door open: "I'm sure that is very crucial information. That is if we knew what that meant."
(129) ticattack (enter): 02:12
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(111) ticattack' from server... Removing dead client
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(111) ticattack' from server... Removing dead client
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(111) ticattack' from server... Removing dead client
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(111) ticattack' from server... Removing dead client
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(111) ticattack' from server... Removing dead client
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(111) ticattack' from server... Removing dead client
(111) ticattack (exit): 02:13
Kha: "It means that Khalitarius may have been the cause of the war thirty years ago with Kern"
(110) Agatha: "How do you mean?"
(108) DM: (which door again?)
(114) Git: "How so?"
(114) Git: (eastern secret door)
(105) Norfirion: "What?!"
Kha: "Because he caused a war in the past between two cities. That isnt evidence that he did this time but just interesting"
** (105) Norfirion shakes his head. **
(114) Git: "Uh..... Kha... that isn't proof of involvement in the Kernin war in any way shape or form."
(105) Norfirion: "If I find out that he was responsible for that mess, for the Kernin Invasion, I'll make him suffer dearly. I wouldn't have lost all I cared for had it been for the damn war."
(105) Norfirion: "I should have known it wouldn't have been so simple. It seem's he has his hands on the puppet strings for more than I thought."
Kha: "I know, I just said that. and I said MAY have, just interesting connections"
(108) DM: The door opens to reveal an octagonal room similar to the southern octagonal room, only this time, there is a gleaming golden statue of Ra, the Ever-Living.
(105) Norfirion: "I understand, but it does make sense. I wouldn't be surprised now."
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(109) Lellick' from server... Removing dead client
(109) Lellick (exit): 02:19
(108) DM: An open archway leads to the east, overlooking an endless void.
(124) Maximus: ((Gah...something just came up and I need to disconnect. Sorry that I have to miss the rest of the session.))
J'hzuu: ((Seeya))
** (114) Git arches a brow at the golden statue. Too bad we can't take one big souvenir." **
(124) Maximus: ((Don't die everyone, and I apologize for the inconvience.))
(105) Norfirion: "Hmmmm"
(124) Maximus: Disconnecting from server...
(124) Maximus (exit): 02:20
(105) Norfirion: "Actually remind me of that later Git."
** J'hzuu looks from the pit, to the rest of the group. "J'hzuu feels he remembers this" **
(114) Git: "Will do."
(105) Norfirion: "I have a spell that can shrink objects. We could cart it right on out of here." *smiles jokingly*
** J'hzuu looks at the statue. "J'hzuu thinks Ra would smite all. J'hzuu enjoys his current, unsmited state" **
(114) Git: "Great, screw sacrilege. We could turn a cool crown on that."
** (105) Norfirion chuckles. "I was merely joking." **
** Kha searches the room **
Kha: (( AFK for a smoke ))
** (114) Git approaches the statue, looking it over thoughtfully **
(130) Lellick (enter): 02:22
(105) Norfirion: "I do however have access to such magics should we find something else. I'd prefer not to offend the Everliving however. He's shown me his favor so far."
** (105) Norfirion raises his staff and concentrates for any magical auras in the room as he walks into the chamber after Git. **
(105) Norfirion: (Detect Magic)
(110) Agatha: "Aye, better not to offend one of the few beings backing us."
(105) Norfirion: "Indeed, we're not exactly brimming with powerful allies."
(108) DM: (none)
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(130) Lellick' from server... Removing dead client
(130) Lellick (exit): 02:25
(131) Lellick (enter): 02:25
(105) Norfirion: "No signs of magic here, hopefully thats a good thing."
(105) Norfirion: "I'd still use caution on anything Git. Magic can be masked quite easily."
(105) Norfirion: "Not to mention all of the mundane traps one can create."
(114) Git: "Yeah.. my luck hasn't been too great lately. I'm not about to go pressing it."
(132) ticattack (enter): 02:31
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(129) ticattack' from server... Removing dead client
(129) ticattack (exit): 02:31
** (105) Norfirion glances over his shoulder as Git continues his work, weary of danger. He takes a deep breath grasping his side in pain and steadies himself on his ebony oak staff. **
(114) Git: "You alright Norf?"
** (105) Norfirion nods. **
(105) Norfirion: "I'm ok, its the price I must may for access to such poweful magicka."
(110) Agatha: "Might be the rot. It really does a number on you."
** (114) Git moves to the arch way, trying to look up the shaft for a passage above similar to the other shaft. **
** (105) Norfirion shakes his head. "No, no, the staff cured all remenants of that." **
** (110) Agatha runs a hand over the partially rotted skin on her cheek. **
(105) Norfirion: "The path I choose to walk, the magic sometimes takes it toll on me with too much strain. Though it is similar to the life drainign touch of the undead. It saps my spirit to strengthen my magick. It's dangerous, but powerful when one survives."
(105) Norfirion: "Not many walk the path of the pattern and live to a ripe old age. But its what I must do to achieve my end."
(105) Norfirion: "There is also the temptation that such power can bring, its much worse than any harm I could suffer to my health."
(105) Norfirion: "So long as I have my focus, and my destiny, I won't fall into the darkness like others, but it is a never ending battle."
** (105) Norfirion sighs. "Enough of my rambling." **
(105) Norfirion: "How's the door coming along?"
** J'hzuu nods. "Yes, magick can be tempting to use for bad reasons. But sometimes it is too amusing to pass up" he gives a toothy grin. **
** (105) Norfirion turns to J'hzzu. **
** (110) Agatha lets the elf vent, only half listening. **
(114) Git: :while staring up the shaft: "What door?"
(105) Norfirion: "Which brings me to a question for you my Khajit friend. Are you aware of the Citadels of Magick, and the Test?"
(108) DM: (west secret door? room beyond is similar to the southern chamber, with the exception of a now gleaming golden statue of Ra)
(105) Norfirion: (sorry, just ignore the door comment)
** J'hzuu shrugs and avoids the elf's gaze. "J'hzuu has... heard of some things, yes..." **
** (105) Norfirion shruggs. **
(105) Norfirion: "I will not discuss it if you do not wish. Other of my order however, may not be so forgiving on the matter. It is something however, that you should learn about and consider."
** J'hzuu nods, still not meeting Norf's gaze. "Yes, perhaps another time" **
(105) Norfirion: "It is still my duty however to encourage and monitor the use of magicka in this wolrd, to make sure it is fostered and not used for ill gain. Do not worry though, from what I have observed, your intentions are well."
(110) Agatha: "Kha, have you deciphered any more of that map?"
(134) ticattack (enter): 02:43
Kha: "No, not much there. and by the looks of it our only option left is to go up to that room that J`hzuu got blasted"
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(132) ticattack' from server... Removing dead client
(132) ticattack (exit): 02:44
(105) Norfirion: "Hmmm"
(105) Norfirion: "It may be wise to prepare before doing so."
(105) Norfirion: "Nearly all of us could use the rest."
(135) Lothoris (enter): 02:45
(105) Norfirion: "The worse that could happen is that he confronts us on our terms while we rest."
J'hzuu: "Gods help us... Yes, rest would be good"
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(135) Lothoris' from server... Removing dead client
(135) Lothoris (exit): 02:46
(108) DM: (ok then, on that note, we'll stop)
J'hzuu: ((H'kay)
(110) Agatha: "I suppose. If we're gonna face him, we're gonna need to be at full strength."


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms