Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
14 users online
4 Registered
0 Hidden
10 Guests
Registered Users: Alfredweild, Alonzojepsy, Davidnoume, JulieKnike


Back to Tolmara Logs
(458) J'hzuu (exit): 22:35

(458) J'hzuu (exit): 22:35
(465) J'hzuu (enter): 22:36
Kha: Making Bannana Nut bread...mmmm
(461) DM: So when last we left off, you guys were entering the crypt.
(465) J'hzuu: ((After much falling and dying, yes))
(461) DM: (if memory serves, the only person who is still upside is Lellick, everyone else is in the cavern below the entrance shaft, correct?)
(465) J'hzuu: ((Nope, I flew Lellick down))
(454) Git: (yeah, we carried Lellick and Suhail down))
(461) DM: (well someone is still topside. that x btw is 60' below the level of the circular room and marks the floor of the cavern below)
(461) DM: (so I need to know who's where)
(454) Git: ...
(451) Norfirion: well i think they were in the process of getting those 2 down
(451) Norfirion: we ended right there, with git and cat boy flying up
(460) Maximus: ((Bottom of the Crypt, watching the nearest door/opening))
(465) J'hzuu: ((Git and J'huu were bringing Lell and Suhail down. If we're all in a pit, I would assume we're flying up to the proper level))
Kha: (( Suhail, and Halif are still upsite ))
(454) Git: (right.. Halif)
** (451) Norfirion closes his spellbook as he rubs his hands over the binding then places it back in his pack as he stands and dusts himself off. He glances up to note the progress of the others. **
** (454) Git floats down the shaft with J'hzuu, keeping a tight hand on the priests. **
** Kha continues looking around the bootom of the pit while everyone is brought down **
(451) Norfirion: "So what exactly is suppose to be in this tomb? Khalitarius, or a remaining Star Gem?" *he asks of those down in the hole with him*
** (460) Maximus strikes a sun rod, and holds it in his shield hand, while he draws his longsword, its blade seeming to shine even though it appears dull. **
Kha: "The princess, and a Star Gem I think."
(460) Maximus: "I believe both, though I am not sure of all that is going on."
(461) DM: (so you guys are coming up to the level of the circular room, correct?)
(465) J'hzuu: ((Yup. I think so))
(451) Norfirion: "Hmmmm I see then."
(454) Git: (( I thought it was down to the room))
(451) Norfirion: (no, its mid way to the bottom kinda)
** (465) J'hzuu lands on the floor. He gestures to the ledge above. "J'hzuu thinks we should go up there. Nice as this pit is..." **
(465) J'hzuu: ((We're in the hole, the X near 3d))
(451) Norfirion: "Right, and how should we go about doing this? Can you and Git carry us up one at a time? Or is that beyond your strength?"
(465) J'hzuu: "J'hzuu might manage little-folk on his own. He would need help for the others, though"
(465) J'hzuu: "He can give another flight, but he is running out of his magicks"
(453) Agatha: ((is the blade above 3a))
** (454) Git sets down Suhail, admitting, "Hey, I'm no ironman. i can try to carry you up, but some of the heavier might be a strain **
** (455) Lellick gladly hops down once they make it to the bottom, looking up at the hole they came in through. "..Really glad I didn't look down..." **
(461) DM: (not to scale)
(461) DM: (the shaft opens up into the circular room, at 1)
(451) Norfirion: "Well there's two of you. You both might can work together to carry the heavier ones."
** (465) J'hzuu speaks to Agatha. "J'hzuu thinks Agatha might be the best choice. She is strongest here, yes?" **
(453) Agatha: "Aye. If you can get me up there, I can haul you up."
(461) DM: (the shaft continues (see the hole in the map) and eventually opens into an underground cavern. total feet from top to bottom is 90'. the blade is in the first portion of the shaft, above 1)
(461) DM: (at the 15' mark. from entrance to 1 is 30', from 1 to 2 is 60')
(453) Agatha: "I should still have some rope with me, but I'm not sure if it's enough. What do you have left?"
** (465) J'hzuu takes a feather, and moves it across Agatha's arm. "Volatus" **
** (453) Agatha looks to the others. **
(465) J'hzuu: (Fly)
** (454) Git takes a moment to examine the lower chamber flying about, because... he can **
** (465) J'hzuu picks up Lellick, and deposits him on the ledge, then returns to help Git take another. **
** (453) Agatha feels suddenly light. She then notices her feet aren't touching the ground. **
** (453) Agatha holds out her hand to the paladin. **
** (455) Lellick looks around the ledge he was deposited on, keeping away from the edge so he won't get smacked by flying party members. **
(453) Agatha: "Come on, I don't know how long this will last.
** (454) Git is busy looking about chamber 2 **
(461) DM: The 10' wide shaft cuts through the center of a huge 30' diameter domed chamber. The shaft continues through the chamber floor and opens into a deep natural cavern below. Four arched corridors situated at the compass points lead off into the darkness.
(461) DM: (that's for people flying up to the circular chamber)
Kha: "So am I climbing back up or can I get a lift?"
(461) DM: (for Git, this appears to be a natural cavern, carved by dripping water. the cavern appears to be of limestone. Bones are scattered about the bottom of the shaft, mostly human.)
** (453) Agatha gabs Maximus by the armpits and tries to haul him up. Movement is slow. **
(453) Agatha: "Damn, you're heavy!"
** (455) Lellick stays put, waiting for the others. **
** (465) J'hzuu tries to lift Kha, but fails. "Git! J'hzuu needs your help" **
** (460) Maximus laughs. **
** (451) Norfirion searches the bottom chamber for any sources of magic as he motions his staff. (Detect Magic, Scanning the area at the bottom, before i get hauled up top) **
** (454) Git prods around the scattered bones a bit before hearing J'hzuu's plea. "Alright, alright." :Flies over and helps carry up the priest of Fate **
** (465) J'hzuu gets Kha up top, with Git, then motions him down to pick up the wizard. **
** (453) Agatha with some difficulty, they make to the top. **
** (453) Agatha swoops down, past J'zhuu. **
(454) Git: "Yeah, yeah..." :flies back down to retrieve Norf. "Ready to go up, or have you grown attached to this cavern?"
(451) Norfirion: "I was just checking to make sure there wasn't something I overlooked."
(453) Agatha: "I've got him. Make sure you don't forget anything.
(451) Norfirion: (If there aren't any aura's in the cave, then I'll head on up)
(454) Git: "Find anything?" :glances about: "This place looks like a trash pit."
(451) Norfirion: "Nothing here. I'm ready."
** Kha looks around, but tries not to stray too far untill everyone is here **
** (465) J'hzuu lets Agatha take Norf, then flies back up to the ledge with the others. He lands, and rubs his arms. "Kha is very heavy". **
(461) DM: A deep, evil chuckle issues from within the walls surrounding you. It sounds eerily familiar. The echoes reverberate around you, then slowly fade away.
(454) Git: (which level was that?)
(465) J'hzuu: ((We're now on 1, methinks))
Kha: "You just lack strength J`hzuu"
** (453) Agatha carries the wizard up, whether he's ready or not. **
** (465) J'hzuu looks around for the source of the noise, his ears flattened against his skull, and his robe flashing a deep blue. **
** (460) Maximus draws his longsword again, and looks around, "Anyone want to hold my sunrod? So I can use my shield." **
** (455) Lellick gives a start, and looks around, frowning when he doesn't see anything. "Erm.." **
** (451) Norfirion looks around and shakes his head in annoyance at the cackling. **
** (465) J'hzuu throws a last look around, and takes the sunrod. **
(465) J'hzuu: "J'hzuu will hold it. He tries to not use shields"
(467) Daelan La'neral (enter): 23:10
** (451) Norfirion digs around in his beltpouch and pulls out a firefly which he touches to the top of his staff, followed by a quick incantation. A glow equivalent to torch light begins to emanate from his staff. **
(451) Norfirion: (Light)
(454) Git: "So.... I guess we just pick a direstion to start with..."
** Kha makes his way around and examins each of the path ends **
(453) Agatha: "What about Halif and Suhail?"
** (460) Maximus hands his Sunrod to J'hzuu with a nod, and unslings his battered shield, a large barely mended gash in the middle of the shield. Looking around, Maximus raises his guard even more. **
(465) J'hzuu: (To Norf) "Perhaps you should check for any magicks. J'hzuu thinks that would be wise"
(461) DM: Each of the corridors ends in a statue. The statues appear to be different, depending on the corridor.
** (451) Norfirion nods. **
** (454) Git pulls a dagger and errantly tosses it in the air, letting it clatter to the ground to choose a diresction **
** (451) Norfirion waves his staff and concentrates. **
(454) Git: [1d4] -> [2] = (2)
(451) Norfirion: (Detect Magic)
(461) DM: (3a) At the end of this corridor is a statue, its features obscured by the 2' long shining blades that stud its body. The blades point back down the corridor toward the shaft.
(454) Git: :Eyes follow the blade point to 3b. Looks to the others: "Good enough?)
(461) DM: (3b) At the end of this corridor is a statue of a woman with six arms and the head of a fish. The statue spans the entire corridor. In each hand is a gleaming sword.
** (465) J'hzuu shrugs. "J'hzuu supposes it is as good as any" **
(461) DM: (3c) At the end of this corridor is a statue, of an ifrit, its arms folded and its eyes hooded, and its mouth open.
** (455) Lellick raises his eyebrows at seeing the fish-head statue, "That one's very... unique." **
(461) DM: (3d) At the far end of this corridor is a statue. It stands back against the wall, each of its arms hold silver bows with arrows at the ready.
(465) J'hzuu: (Muttering) "Why does J'hzuu have a bad feeling about this?"
** (453) Agatha looks on at the odd statues. "Aye, they're real charming." **
(451) Norfirion: "I sense nothing except from the ifrit statue. Evocation magic, probably some sort of trap. I'd guess a blast of flame comes out of its mouth or such if triggered."
(454) Git: :to J'jzuu: "Probably because each corridor seems to have a guardian ready to slaughter us."
** (460) Maximus takes position agianst the one of the statues.(the one in 3a) **
(453) Agatha: "Last time I saw a setup like this, it zapped us for every wrong choice.
Kha: "Any idea's?"
(465) J'hzuu: "If that is the only one with magick, it makes sense it would be guarding something of value"
(453) Agatha: "Don't choose the wrong one."
(453) Agatha: "How's that for an idea?"
(451) Norfirion: "Perhaps. The others could be enchanted as well and just be obscured from detection. Either way I smell a trap lurking around somewhere."
(451) Norfirion: "Well they all seem like dead ends, there's got to be some way inside this complex."
** (454) Git floats over to the hall to 3b. He stares down to corridor for a short while, looking the scene over, more out of habit than an expectation to find anything out of the ordinary. Slowly and quietly, he begins to float down the corridor, ready for a surprise attack (total defense) **
(451) Norfirion: "Maybe there's a secret door someplace, or some way inside by activating one of these statues."
** (465) J'hzuu frowns. He takes an arrow from his pocket, and throws it into the air. "Elevo". It starts to fall, and he points a finger at it. It stabilises, and floats towards the stature of the Ifrit. **
(465) J'hzuu: "If it is triggered by something moving nearby, J'hzuu would rather it hit an arrow that himself"
(465) J'hzuu: (Mage Hand)
** (451) Norfirion moves out of line of sight of the ifrit statue just incase. **
** Kha goes down the hall with the blade studed statue and starts looking it over closly **
** (455) Lellick slowly circles around the ledge until he's standing in front of the corridor leading to the statue with the bows, looking at the statue from where he stands. **
(451) Norfirion: "Maybe they all need to be activated at once. Hopefully Git will find something interesting."
** (465) J'hzuu keeps his finger pointing at the arrow, but crouches, ready to leap out of the way if something happens. (If that would confer a bonus or something to a Reflex save...) **
** (451) Norfirion waits on the ledge against the wall while Git inspects the statues. **
** (465) J'hzuu waits a moment, then, seeing no result, moves the arrow foward, until the head rams the statue in the eye. **
(461) DM: (sec)
(469) J'hzuu (enter): 23:26
(461) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(465) J'hzuu' from room...
(465) J'hzuu (exit): 23:27
whispering to J'hzuu, no effect
whispering to J'hzuu, it also doesn't seem to come loose
** (454) Git flies up to the statue, beginning to give it a quick search **
(469) J'hzuu: :Still seeing no result, J'hzuu mentally pulls the arrow back, and rams it again, in the other eye, mouth, neck, anywhere.
** (469) J'hzuu repeats this a few times, each time in a different place. **
(461) DM: (is Kha in 3b? checking)
(453) Agatha: (to J'hzuu) "Hey, be careful there! You're liable to trip something."
whispering to J'hzuu, no response
Kha: (( 3a ))
(454) Git: (git's in 3b, kha's in 3a,)
(461) DM: (ah)
(469) J'hzuu: (To Agatha) "That is J'hzuu's goal, yes"
(461) DM: A voice issues from the corridor where Kha entered...
** (469) J'hzuu pulls the arrow back to him, and puts it back into his quiver. He stands. **
(461) Voice: Steal or grasp the bladed key to enter.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] -> [10,15] = (25)
** Kha raises his eyebrow and looks over the blae studed statue to try and figure out which is the key **
** (469) J'hzuu lifts his head when he hears the voice, and comes out of the corridor. He looks around for a moment to work out where the voice came from, and moves towards it. **
(460) Maximus: ((Actually I said I was in 3a but no matter))
(460) Maximus: ((Well positioned outside it rather))
** (451) Norfirion perks an ear to the direction of the voice as he scampers along the edge to peer down the hallway where Kha is. **
(453) Agatha: "Did you hear that, Git."
** (469) J'hzuu walks into the corridor, and smiles. "J'hzuu could try and steal them, if all would like" **
** (460) Maximus looks closer down the hall, and watches Kha look for the key, thinking Kha would figure the puzzle out faster then he would. **
** (455) Lellick blinks, and glances towards the voice, circling back around the ledge in that direction. **
** (451) Norfirion speaks down the hall to Kha. "Check it's hands, see if its holding a blade like someone would hold a key, or look for any differences in the blades.: **
** (454) Git glances back to the sound of the voice, from his work examining the fish-woman statue. Though he hurries to finish that task before getting distracted with another **
(460) Maximus: "It might mean you have to hug the statue itself, it is all blades, so grasp it all."
Kha: "There is a keyhole under one of these blades"
Kha: "No key that I have seen though
(469) J'hzuu: "Steal or grasp the bladed key... Why would grasping a key unlock anything?"
** (454) Git zones in on one of the swords held by the Ms. Fishy, looking the statue's grasp on it over thoroughly. (search for trap) **
(451) Norfirion: "Maybe we need something from another one of the statues?"
** Kha shrugs and tries griping the blade above the key without cutting himself **
(469) J'hzuu: "J
** (453) Agatha shrugs her shoulder and watches the others fiddle around. **
(469) J'hzuu: 'hzuu just wants to point out how helpful all's foe is being. If one grasps the bladed key, they could covered in fire..."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] -> [17,15] = (32)
(451) Norfirion: "A good assessment."
** Kha tries to pull it out **
(460) Maximus: "The Statue in the other corridor, has two swords, might those fit?"
(451) Norfirion: "I was thinking the same thing."
(454) Git: "Hmmm...." :looks about the sword and statue before floating back up the hall to the others, : "Fish Lady is holding a sword that looks like a key. What about down those halls?"
(451) Norfirion: "I was counting on you to go examine then. You're the expert on traps."
** (454) Git heads down corridor 3a, to check the swords there **
(467) Daelan La'neral (exit): 23:46
** (453) Agatha examines the statues in corridor 3d. **
** (460) Maximus keeps watch on the hole, making sure no foes enter from there. **
** (469) J'hzuu waits where he is, trying not to think about how much of a suicide mission this is. **
(454) Git: :Floats back, looking about his comrades. : "Okay, I think that sword's the one we need, but... the statue seems to be trapped. I'm guessing they all are. Most likely they're all going to spring to life at the least opportune moment.. At least I assume."
(454) Git: "Now.. the voice said to either grasp or "steal" the key, right?"
(469) J'hzuu: "That is right, yes"
** Kha goes back near the center of the room. "Griping the sword didnt work" **
(454) Git: "Alright.... I guess I'll try something dangerous then. Maybe if I can lift that sword nice a sly like the trap won't spring."
(454) Git: :to kha: "Which sword?"
Kha: "The one above the key hole"
(454) Git: "Right... Well, I'm talking about the one down that hall that looks like a key. Now... If I try this little stunt, you guys have my back?"
** (453) Agatha drifts back to the others. **
** (469) J'hzuu nods. "Yes. J'hzuu will do what he can" **
Kha: "As long as there isnt a fire ball flying at it"
(454) Git: "No... I think it's just going to be a whirlwind of blades."
Kha: "If there is I am ducking if I can. I have had enough burns to last a life time"
(453) Agatha: "I'll cover you, Git. Just get back and lemme know if you trigger something.
(451) Norfirion: "Well then let's get this mess over with."
** (469) J'hzuu nods at Kha's comment. "J'hzuu's fur has still not grown back fully... **
** (454) Git flies back toward corridor 3b. "Stay to the end of the hall. I don't wnat anyone getting hacked up if they don't have to. But if this thing goes agro. I expect help quick **
** (451) Norfirion stands with his back against the wall peeking into the corridor with Git's sword holding statue, readying a spell at his lips incase it decides to attack Git. **
(451) Norfirion: (Readying a lesser acid orb spell if the statue attacks Git.)
** Kha moves down the hall with the statue that is holding silver bows **
(451) Norfirion: "I've got you covered."
** (453) Agatha follows Git as far as the entrance to the corridor. **
** (453) Agatha gets her axe out. **
** (455) Lellick circles around the ledge until he's standing at the end of the corridor where Git is, watching to see what happens. **
** (454) Git takes a moment stretch out his fingers, and ready himself to swipe the sword. Once the others are in position, he reaches out and tries to quickly and unnoticably spirit the weapon away from the statue **
** (460) Maximus tenses and readies himself to act in response to any act upon Git.(Ready action to charge the statue, if Maximus percieves it a threat. **
(454) Git: Pick Pocket Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [8,11] = (19)
** (469) J'hzuu draws a wand, and holds it ready (Magic Missile, CL3) **
** (453) Agatha taks a step forward in anticipation. **
(454) Git: "Heh...?" :yanks and gets no where.: "So much for that plan..."
(454) Git: "Hmmmm" gives his fingers a waggle and tries one more time for the heck of it,"
(454) Git: Pick Pocket Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [13,11] = (24)
(472) No Name (enter): 23:58
** (469) J'hzuu looks at Git for a moment, then stands up straigh from his slightly crouched ready position, somewhat thrown by the anti-climax **
(451) Norfirion: "Steal.....hmmm maybe thats the key. What kind of metal are the blades made of? Perhaps one is made of a different material?"
(454) Git: "Okay... nevermind... it's kind of attached."
(454) Git: "Do I look like a mtalurgist?"
(453) Agatha: "Hmph. Should've figured it wouldn't be that easy."
** (451) Norfirion walks down the corridor once Git finishes and looks at the statue and its swords. **
(451) Norfirion: Skill: Craft: Weaponsmithing [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
(453) Agatha: "So what now?"
(454) Git: "Aggy.. you think you can snap these stone fingers with that axe of yours?"
(453) Agatha: "Hmm.."
** (453) Agatha hefts her axe. "Let's find out." **
** (469) J'hzuu frowns, and moves to the statue with the blades. He grasps the statue's head in both hands, and gives a hard jerk (Strength check (1d20]) **
(469) J'hzuu: *[1d20] -> [10] = (10)
** Kha sits down on the base of the statue holding the bows **
(460) Maximus: "Wait!"
** (453) Agatha turns her head towards Maximus. **
** (469) J'hzuu falls backwards, and lands on his rear end. He stands, and rubs it. **
** (469) J'hzuu turns to Maximus. "Yes?" **
** (460) Maximus takes off one of his left guantlet, "Grasp, the bladed key. When you grasp a blade, you cut yourself most of the time. Perhaps a small amount of blood is needed." **
(451) Norfirion: "Another good idea."
(454) Git: :turns from Max to Kha: "You said there's a lock...?"
Kha: "Yes under one of the swords pocking out of the statue down that hall" **points west** ((3a))
** (460) Maximus positions himself in front of the deterimed key, and grasps it at the base of the hilt. Then he looks to his companions before drawing his hand accross the blade. **
** (454) Git nods to Kha and floats off toward 3a to check out the lock **
** (469) J'hzuu winces involuntarily at the blood, but follows the others anyway. **
whispering to J'hzuu, no response
(461) DM: There is a sudden flash, as Maximus finds himself outside the corridor facing the ifrit.
(461) DM: In his hand is the sword that appears to be a key.
** (451) Norfirion scratches his head. **
(460) Maximus: ((Can I see anyone?))
(461) Voice: Baptize the blade in the sacred flames of Set.
(461) DM: ((that would be 3c, Max))
(451) Norfirion: "I see where this is headed."
(460) Maximus: ((Ah, thanks))
Kha: "Sick the sword into the Ifrit's mouth"
** (453) Agatha turns her head towards the voice. **
** (451) Norfirion nods in agreement to Kha. **
** (460) Maximus looks to the others, "anyone have any protection from flame spells?" **
(453) Agatha: "Hmph. What do you know? He was right."
** Kha leans back against the statue pondering what this one will be used for **
(453) Agatha: "Would a torch work?"
** (469) J'hzuu shrugs. "J'hzuu can make your clothes wet. It provides a little protection..." **
(460) Maximus: ((Also how much damage did I take, if any?))
** (454) Git floats back to the others, watching Max's work, "Wow... that cutting himself really worked? Heh... never would have thought of it." **
Kha: "A tourch is not the sacred flame of Set, though I am not about the stick the sword in the Ifrit's mouth my self"
Kha: (( AFK Smoke break ))
(451) Norfirion: "I can place it inside with a spell if you want me to try Maximus."
(451) Norfirion: (assuming its 5lbs or lighter)
(461) DM: ((1 hp))
(460) Maximus: "Save your magic, I think the sword needs to be wielded by the hand that summoned it."
(451) Norfirion: "It's only a minor spell, its not a waste, but as you wish.'
(469) J'hzuu: "Stand next to the statue? If it comes from the mouth?"
** (460) Maximus whispers a prayer to Odion, as he takes the sword from the Ifrits hand. **
(451) Norfirion: (the swords in your hands already, you appeared with it)
(460) Maximus: ((Hmm, my bad)
(460) Maximus: ((What type of sword, bastard, long, or short?))
** (460) Maximus replaces his right Gauntlet, graps the sword in both hands, and slides the blade point first into the Ifrits mouth. **
(460) Maximus: ((graps=Grasps*))
(461) DM: ((scimitar))
(461) DM: The ifrit belches a ball of crimson flame and spews it in Maximus' face....
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [6d6] -> [2,5,1,3,3,6] = (20)
whispering to Maximus, reflex
(451) Norfirion: "Well thats no surprise..."
** (469) J'hzuu stumbles back a half-step, and reaches for his wand of curing, holding it ready for when the smoke and flame clears. **
(453) Agatha: "Maximus?"
(461) DM: After the smoke clears, the sword now appears to be glowing an incandescent red.
** (460) Maximus drops to his knees, his face and body smoking. He then precedes to cough for a minute. **
** (469) J'hzuu rushes foward and crouches by the paladin. "Is Maximus alright?" **
** (460) Maximus gets up and draws the sword, releasing it if it burns to the touch. **
Kha: "Thats one way to do it, though I would have recomended standing out of the way so you did not singe your hair"
(460) Maximus: "A bit burnt, and singed. Warm though, I don't feel cold, nor much of anything else."
(454) Git: "Greadt... next statue.":Points to 3d:
** (469) J'hzuu holds up his wand and looks at Max questioningly. **
** (455) Lellick moves along the ledge to the corridor where Max is, wincing in sympathy when he sees how bad the damage is. "Here, let me look at you." **
** Kha looks up at the statue he is sitting on **
** (451) Norfirion shakes his head and sighs. **
(451) Norfirion: "I told you it was only a minor spell.":
** (455) Lellick looks over Max's face for a moment before reaching up to touch his arm, grasping his holy symbol with his other hand, reciting, "May Tevesh ease this man's pain and make him whole again." **
(455) Lellick: (Casting Cure Serious Wounds...)
(455) Lellick: [3d8+6] -> [4,5,6,6] = (21)
** Kha seems to be enjoying Maximus getting hurt insted of himself **
(461) Voice: Face the maiden of Ra, and slay her.
(451) Norfirion: "That one sounds self explanatory."
** (469) J'hzuu shakes his head sadly. "J'hzuu does not like those words" **
(461) DM: There is a flash of light, and Maximus now appears in front of the statue wielding the silver bow, which has now taken on the countenance of Basht.
** Kha looks up from his seat and shakes his head **
** (451) Norfirion glances at the statue. "Basht? Hmph." **
** (453) Agatha shifts to another corridor. **
** (469) J'hzuu races to the end of the corridor with the statue, and holds up his gloved hand. A flame bursts into being. **
** (460) Maximus prays to Odion for guidence and might in the battle.((Activate Divine Might, +4 damage and I lose 1 turn attempt for the day)) **
(453) Agatha: "I'll give ya two guesses what this one does."
Kha: "I wish it was not an image of Basht"
(469) J'hzuu: ((So... Init?))
** (455) Lellick also moves around to that corridor, standing back behind the others there. **
** Kha gets off the statue to give Maximus room **
(453) Agatha: "We're in the ifrit's domain. Of course he'd have a sick routine like this."
(451) Norfirion: "I have something for you before you go." *approaches Maximus*
** (451) Norfirion plucks a few of his long silver hairs and annoints Maximus with them as he touches the paladin's shouder, speaking words of magic. Maximus feels a rush of energy and new found strength pulse through him. **
** (460) Maximus eyes glow with a golden warmth, and his stance changes to that of an angry wolf, muscles tensed.. **
(451) Norfirion: (Bulls Strength, +4 strength)
(461) DM: ((if you want.))
(451) Norfirion: "Now then, proceed."
(460) Maximus: (( Initiative [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15) if she doesn't strike first, Maximus will))
(469) J'hzuu: ((Erm... Okay... [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7)))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [17] = (17)
(461) DM: The statue animates and aims its bows at the paladin.
(461) Basht: Come not one step closer, foul creature!
** Kha lowers his head "I wish it was realy you Basht" **
** (460) Maximus will step forward, scimitar raised to strike. His face deviod of emotion. **
(453) Agatha: "Forgive us, but the ka-tet won't wait."
(451) Norfirion: "Bah..."
(453) Agatha: "And the real Basht never used a bow."
** (454) Git rests against the wall of the corridor, watching the conflict raptly **
(460) Maximus: (( And attack, [1d20+13] -> [9,13] = (22) and [1d6+10] -> [6,10] = (16) and add any special modifiers the scimitar adds to those rolls))
(461) DM: (hit 2x)
(461) DM: (dmg)
(461) Basht: You were warned, mortal!
** (461) Basht fires all of her bows at Maximus. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4),[1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15),[1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5),[1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
(461) DM: Three of the arrows miss, yet one seems embeds itself in Maximus' shoulder blade.
(475) GM (enter): 00:44
(460) Maximus: (( Oh, the first roll was the attack roll, the second the damage, so 16 and this attack? [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9) and [1d6+10] -> [1,10] = (11) for a total of 16+x))
(461) DM: (automatic hit)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
(461) DM: (my bad, I thought you attacked twice.)
(460) Maximus: ((Ah ok, 16+11=27 damage for my first two attacks then))
(461) DM: (16 damage then, sorry)
(461) DM: (7, J'hz)
(460) Maximus: (( ah ok, thats cool. So my turn to attack again then?))
(460) Maximus: ((oops nvm))
** (469) J'hzuu hurls the flame from his palm at the now-living statue. ([1d20+6] -> [10,6] = (16), damage [1d6+2] -> [6,2] = (8)) **
(476) Prometheius (enter): 00:49
(476) Prometheius (exit): 00:49
(475) GM (exit): 00:50
(461) DM: The flame sinks into the statue but does not seem to have affected it in any way.
(461) DM: (15, Max)
** (460) Maximus switches to a two-handed grip on the scimitar and strikes at the statue of Basht twice. **
(451) Norfirion: I'll roll init to jump in
(451) Norfirion: Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [19,7] = (26)
(460) Maximus: ((Attack 1: [1d20+13] -> [9,13] = (22) and [1d6+12] -> [5,12] = (17)))
(477) YVH-14 (enter): 00:53
(460) Maximus: ((Attack 2: [1d20+7] -> [16,7] = (23) and [1d6+12] -> [4,12] = (16)))
(477) YVH-14 (exit): 00:54
(460) Maximus: ((My ac is 16, because I don't have my shield in use right now))
(461) DM: The statue ceases moving, and your scimitar appears to glow brighter.
** Kha looks down the hall with the sword studded statue to see if anything happened **
** (460) Maximus whispers a prayer of thanks to Odion, for his might was used in this fight. **
** (451) Norfirion listens for any sounds of grinding stone or any hints of a doorway opening. **
** (469) J'hzuu looks at his glove and makes a flame appear, then disappear. He shrugs, and turns back to the others. **
(461) DM: There is a flash of light, and Maximus is now in the corridor facing the blade-covered statue.
(451) Norfirion: "I guess now you need to put that into the keyhole."
(461) Voice: Enter, and bow down to your master!
** (453) Agatha floats over to Maximus and looks over his wound. **
(451) Norfirion: "Ha......"
** (460) Maximus walks over to the key slot, and slides the scimitar into the key-hole. **
(453) Agatha: ((heal check: [1d20+6] -> [7,6] = (13)))
(461) DM: The statue vanishes, and you hear a distinct "click".
(461) Voice: Bow down to your master, worm!
(454) Git: "The bowing... that's more like a suggestion... right?"
** (451) Norfirion skirts around the ledge and pears down each corridor for any signs of a doorway. **
(461) DM: The door behind the statue is revealed.
** (454) Git hangs out in the chamber, watching down the hall for what happens **
(451) Norfirion: "At last, access to this wretched fetid stink hole."
** (469) J'hzuu follows after Maximus and Agatha. **
** (451) Norfirion makes his way to the doorway. **
(453) Agatha: "Keep your arms ready."
** (453) Agatha holds her axe in both hands. **
** Kha Consentrates a moment and draws power into himself **
** (469) J'hzuu follows, bow in hand, and arrow within easy reach. **
** Kha moves to the newly reviled door and attempts to open it **
(461) Voice: You have made your choice, worm. You have no Fate but the Fate you have made!
(454) Git: :calls down the hall: "Try bowing."
(469) J'hzuu: "J'hzuu thinks it is too late for this"
(461) DM: It opens easily enough...
(453) Agatha: "I ain't bowing to this bastard."
** (460) Maximus looks shaken, as at one point his body started to move into a kneeling position, but the Knights powerful will held the compulsion at bay. **
(461) DM: Behind the concealed door is a long 10' wide bridge stretching south across a gaping chasm. The walls of this room, 20' away on either side of the bridge, extend 30' above the bridge and drop into the unyielding darkness below. They parallel the bridge as far as can be seen. Long, heavy strands of moss and mold dangle down from the sides of the bridge, dropping into the darkness below. The chill of death is in the air, and soft, moaning cries swell up from the void beneath the bridge.
(461) DM: A stone door stands closed at the far end of the bridge, set in the stone wall.
** (469) J'hzuu swallows audiably. "J'hzuu has an idea" **
(472) No Name (exit): 01:09
** (453) Agatha walks slowly into the room. **
** (454) Git finally strolls over to the open doorway to take a look inside. Right.... Whick of you 's crossing first?" **
** (460) Maximus draws his longsword, and slings his shield over his left arm, and enters the room. **
(453) Agatha: "Hmph. Ill admit it. It's somewhat impressive. The moaning is an effective touch."
** Kha looks up at the celing to see if there is mold up there **
** (469) J'hzuu takes a small vial of shining silver fluid, speaks the words "Patella Elevo" and drops a single drop onto his tongue. The drop forms a mist, which congeals into a disk, that floats in front of J'hzuu. **
(469) J'hzuu: (Floating Disk)
(453) Agatha: "Can any of pick up any weird auras?"
(469) J'hzuu: "The bridge will not collapse if there is no weight on it, yes?"
** (454) Git eyes the bridges continion thoughtfully **
(454) Git: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [5,7] = (12)
Kha: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [4,8] = (12)
(454) Git: (condition rather*)
** (469) J'hzuu climbs on top of the disk. "It can hold a few of all" ((700 lb. J'hzuu is 166 lb. with equipment) **
(454) Git: :then looks along the walls for arrow slits or strange seams from which something might fire out.
** (455) Lellick remains outside the doorway for a moment before stepping through it, looking around a bit apprehensively. **
** (454) Git steps up on the disk(roughly 200) **
** (460) Maximus looks at J'hzuu's disk. "I'll wait till everyone else gets to the other side J'hzuu. Can you get everyone in two trips? **
** (451) Norfirion begins to concentrate as he extends his staff and spins slowly scanning the entire room. **
(451) Norfirion: (Detect Magic)
(469) J'hzuu: "J'hzuu does not think two. Perhaps three of four...?"
** Kha waits on this side of the bridge with Maximus **
(453) Agatha: "Aye, I'll wait my turn."
** (469) J'hzuu shrugs, and leans down to scoop up Lellick. He puts the halfling on the disk, and it starts moving across the bridge. **
(451) Norfirion: "There's a large amount of lingering necromancy here."
Kha: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [5,8] = (13)
** (455) Lellick is caught a bit off-guard, ending up kneeling on the disk before he loses his balance, "..You could've asked.." **
(451) Norfirion: "From the sounds of the moaning, its probably some form of undead at the bottom of this pit. It could also be some kind of enchantment from the room itself."
(453) Agatha: "Somehow, I'm not so sure of the second idea."
** (451) Norfirion keeps an eye open as J'hzuu proceeds to the other side. **
** (454) Git keeps ready as they make the crossing, watching for anything that may spiring out on them (expertise -5) **
(451) Norfirion: (you have to take an attack action to use that)
** Kha holds out his flaming spear and touches it to the mold before the others start across the bridge on the disc **
** (460) Maximus gets ready to board the disk when J'hzuu returns to get those who remained behind. **
(461) DM: As if on cue, several shapes flit out of the corners of your vision. A beam of black light shoots out of the door across the bridge and coalesces into the form of Kossuth, Hassan's former brother, only this time, he's translucent with a shadowy form and scarlet, angry eyes.
(453) Agatha: "You again!"
(451) Norfirion: "Hmmmm"
(461) DM: The mold catches fire and burns, but not before it illuminates a horde of undead in the process of climbing the walls from tombs below.
(453) Agatha: ((I take it the effects of fly have ended?))
** (461) Kossuth glides towards the party wordlessly, enraged. **
** (460) Maximus shouts "To Arms! Undead scaling the walls!" **
** (469) J'hzuu blinks at the shadow, then stares wide-eyed and open-mouthed at the undead below, his face frozen in terror. **
(461) DM: (init)
(461) DM: (yes Ag)
(451) Norfirion: Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [13,7] = (20)
(469) J'hzuu: (Init: [1d20+3] -> [20,3] = (23))
(460) Maximus: "J'hzuu return to us! We will hold this side of the bridge!"
(455) Lellick: [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] -> [12,7] = (19)
(454) Git: [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
(460) Maximus: (( [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12) for initiative))
(453) Agatha: init: [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13)
** (469) J'hzuu continues frozen is terror for a moment, then snaps out of it, and brings the disk back towards the others. **
(454) Git: "Wow..." :looks around: "That's ... a lot of em."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] -> [19,10] = (29)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4] -> [4] = (4)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d4] -> [2,2] = (4)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4] -> [4] = (4)
(453) Agatha: "Git! Norf! We need an exit"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] -> [5] = (5)
(451) Norfirion: with all the spacing issues, this might be one battle we could benefit from a battlemap
(453) Agatha: "Maximus, stick with me!"
(461) DM: You estimate there to be at least 18 undead, of various types ascending. Wights, wraiths, mummies and shadows.
(461) DM: They will be able to clamber over in two rounds.
(451) Norfirion: "Lovely....just lovely..." *he shouts sarcastically*
(453) Agatha: ((18, hunh? Sounds like fun.))
** (460) Maximus takes position next to Agatha, no fear showing on his features, an aura of confidence spreading around him. **
** (454) Git scratches his head as he takes in the mess **
** (469) J'hzuu leaps off the disk, raises trembling hands, and says "Commuto!". He begins to transform, his skin bursts into scales, his snout elongates, his tail thickens and his spine erupts into a ridge (Alter Self, Troglodyte) **
(461) DM: (ok, load minis)
** (453) Agatha can almost feel the enchanted greataxe in her hands throbbing. **
(460) Maximus: ((In this order, cast Bless weapon on my longsword and activate divine might))
"http://" is not a valid URL, the mini " " will not be added to the map
** (460) Maximus whispers powerful prayers to Odion, and touches his longsword. The sword now glows with a faint white light, and the soft golden glow appears in Max's eyes once again. **
(451) Norfirion: shouldnt we be facing the other way?
(478) St.Lumina (enter): 01:36
Kha: (( no the 4 of you are crossing the bridge, Agatha, Max and I are on the patform before the bridge ))
(469) J'hzuu: ((That path-looking-thing is the bridge, not the chasm. Threw me at first, too))
(460) Maximus: ((Can we switch? I might be a tad more useful in the front. And you can heal from the rear))
(478) St.Lumina (exit): 01:38
(460) Maximus: ((That was direct at Kha))
(461) DM: (29, Kos)
(479) Nathan (enter): 01:40
** (461) Kossuth flies directly towards Lellick, his face contorted with rage. **
(461) Kossuth: Feel the might of Set, outlander!
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [1,8] = (9)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [20,6] = (26)
(461) DM: (AC 26, touch attack)
(455) Lellick: (Hit)
(461) DM: (gain 2 negative levels)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] -> [2] = (2)
(461) DM: (and take 2 damage)
(461) DM: (23, J'hz)
** (469) J'hzuu draws his wand of magick missile, and utters an activation word. Twin red spheres of energy shoot forth, moving apart in an arc, then meeting as they simultaneously strike the spirit. **
(469) J'hzuu: (Dam: [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3), [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2))
(461) DM: (20, Norf)
** (451) Norfirion withdraws a small sliver of bone and flesh from his pouch and clenches it tight in his fist as he extends his other hand as if saying "Halt!" while chanting an incantation. **
(451) Norfirion: (Command Undead, Will save 19, no save for unintelligent undead)
(461) DM: The shadows cease ascending, but not the others.
(451) Norfirion: "There is no need for conflict, we could benefit from your assistance Kossuth. Stay your touch!"
(461) DM: (19, Kha)
** Kha slides the holly symbol attached to his left wrist out of his sleave and holds it over the edge of the platform **
Kha: "Oneiros, Time Lord, Grant me power over Aponia to send these creatures back to the grave!"
** (451) Norfirion glances to the others and nods indicating his spell has worked. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [12,7] = (19)
(461) DM: (scratch that. Kossuth doesn't halt, and neither do the shadows)
(461) DM: (3 shadows cease moving)
(461) DM: (13, Ag)
(453) Agatha: ((Kossuth still at it then?
(469) J'hzuu: ((Whoops, sorry, wrong channel.
(469) J'hzuu: ((Again, wrong channel, sorry))
(453) Agatha: ((Was Kossuth stopped or not?))
(451) Norfirion: (no)
(451) Norfirion: (just 3 generic shadows)
(451) Norfirion: (the ones climbing up from below)
** (453) Agatha shouts at the others. "Quickly! Get back here!" **
(453) Agatha: "Maximus, line up and cast the demons down before they get sure footing!"
(453) Agatha: ((ready full attack for when the bad things come))
(453) Agatha: ((done))
(451) Norfirion: (you can only ready a standard action i believe)
(453) Agatha: ((regular attack then))
(453) Agatha: ((when they come up))
(461) DM: (as I believe I said, no, he wasn't)
(461) DM: (12, Max)
(479) Nathan (exit): 02:00
** (460) Maximus puts a fist to his chest, touching the holy symbol underneath his Taberd, and that is under the sewn image of his holy symbol on the taberd. Throwing his fist down towards the coming undead, he shouts" Back to your graves! Odion Commands you!" **
(460) Maximus: ((Turn undead, [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25) for turning check]
(451) Norfirion: nice
(453) Agatha: ((excellent))
(460) Maximus: ((Ok so I turn level+4, so [2d6+11+5] -> [5,3,11,5] = (24) for the amount of Hit die of undead I turn, those of 3.5 hit die are destroyed))
(461) DM: (k)
(460) Maximus: ((I'm done))
(461) DM: (all of the remaining shadows are destroyed)
Kha: "Wow, you are much better then I at dealing with those
(461) DM: (2 wights are turned)
(461) DM: (remaining: 4 mummies, 4 wraiths, 2 wights and Kossuth)
(461) DM: (9, Git)
** (454) Git doesn't need any extra motivation to get out of the line of danger. "Well.. this really isn't my forte..." Shuffling back around Norf, the rogue turns tail and sets out to find someone more useful (witdraw) . He takes off running back up the hall to find Suhail, who I believe we left in the circular chamber since no one mentioned carrying him further) **
(454) Git: "Wakey, Wakey, ya glorified piece of hardware! Time to erarn yer keep!"
(454) Git: (done)
(454) Git: ^_^
(461) DM: (lmao)
** (461) Suhail concentrates, murmuring prayers to Ra all the while, as he continues to gather his power into himself. His holy symbol begins to glow with a golden radiance as this occurs. **
(461) DM: (9, Lel)
** (455) Lellick , looking very pale, turns tail and scampers past J'hzuu to a safer spot. Once there, he stops and grabs his holy symbol, lifting it high. "Tevesh, give us your guidance so that we may prevail against these abominations!" **
(455) Lellick: (Moving 20 ft, then casting Bless)
(455) Lellick: (Probably provokes an AoO too if I'm not mistaken)
(461) DM: (yes)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [5,6] = (11)
(461) DM: (and misses)
(461) DM: (29, Kos)
** (461) Kossuth pursues Lellick. "You shall not leave!" **
(451) Norfirion: can i take an AoO as he goes by?
(451) Norfirion: I've got a measely staff for what thats worth
(461) DM: (yes, you and Norf)
(461) DM: (you have one more round before the undead appear on the bridge)
(451) Norfirion: Staff Attack [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12) Damage if dealt [1d6+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
** (469) J'hzuu raises his hand, and a flame appears in the centre. He rams it onto Kossuth as he passes. ([1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14), Dam [1d6+2] -> [3,2] = (5) **
(461) DM: (miss)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [3,6] = (9)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [5,6] = (11)
** (461) Kossuth flails at Lellick's retreating form, misses. **
(461) Kossuth: (20, J'hz)
** (469) J'hzuu pockets his wand, and draws his wand of curing. He maneuvers the disk back towards Kosuth. He holds the wand up, utters the command word, and forces the tip into Kossuth's back. (Cure Light Wounds, 1d8+2, Will for 1/2) **
(469) J'hzuu: ([1d8+2] -> [3,2] = (5))
(469) J'hzuu: ((Oh, touch attack. Whoops. [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)))
** (469) J'hzuu thrusts the wand, but it goes wide, discharging the energy in a harmless burst. **
(461) DM: The spectre doesn't even seem to notice it, so faint was the effect.
(461) DM: (er that was supposed to be 23, oops)
(461) DM: (20, Norf)
** (451) Norfirion extends his right hand, index finger pointed at the foul undead Kossuth. He utters two quick arcane syllables as dual rays of flamming energy fire out from his hand. **
(480) Maximus (enter): 02:28
(461) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(460) Maximus' from room...
(451) Norfirion: (Scorching Ray, Using my sudden maximize feat. Ranged Touch Attack x2 [1d20+6] -> [1,6] = (7) [1d20+6] -> [17,6] = (23))
(460) Maximus (exit): 02:29
(451) Norfirion: well one missed definately, bah #*&^&^&^^
(451) Norfirion: If it hit, its 24 fire dmg
(461) DM: (19, Kha)
(461) DM: (nyet)
** Kha gives up trying to turn the undead and moves to defend Lellick, though staying in a defencive stance **
(451) Norfirion: (both missed?)
Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [12,11] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d12+4] -> [10,3,4] = (17)
Kha: (( that roll is actualy 1 higher from bless ))
(461) DM: (23 hit)
(461) DM: The spirit appears to be moving slower...
(461) DM: (13, Ag)
(451) Norfirion: (did my rays have any effect?)
(451) Norfirion: (i figure i botched the miss chance, since i rolled a 23 as well)
(461) DM: (see above Norf. I don't say "heavily wounded" any more. It's up to you to figure it out)
(451) Norfirion: (nah i didnt get it, weird. Sorry)
(453) Agatha: ((Damn, I can't get close to Kossuth))
(451) Norfirion: (just wondering if they actually hit or missed thats all)
(453) Agatha: "Hold him off, Kha!"
(461) DM: (well, like I said, "the spirit appears to be moving slower...")
(453) Agatha: ((ready attack for the baddies as they come up))
(461) DM: (12, Max)
(453) Agatha: ((done))
(480) Maximus: ((Ready action for for undead to climb up and I'll focus my attacks on a mummie if one pops up near me))
(480) Maximus: ((Done))
(461) DM: (9, Suhail)
** (461) Suhail opens his eyes and in a clarion voice, shouts out, "In the name of Ra, the Ever-Living, return to the Void from whence you came!" **
(461) DM: Golden light streams out from his hands and his holy symbol, bathing the cavern with light.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6+10] -> [6,4,10] = (20)
(461) DM: All of the wraiths are destroyed.
(461) DM: (9, Git)
** (461) Suhail catches himself from the effort of casting the spell, gasping for breath. **
** (454) Git gives the super-cleric a brief nod, "That's more like it, then simply heads back up the hall in case he's needed. positioned right where I am on the map) **
(461) Suhail: (9, Lellick)
(461) DM: (woops lol)
** (455) Lellick grits his teeth, watching Kossuth warily for a moment before darting out a hand to touch him. "May Tevesh ease this man's pain and make him whole again!" And then he turns and flees again. **
(454) Git: :glancing back to Suhail: "You gonna be alright?"
(455) Lellick: (Casting Cure Moderate Wounds defensively at DC 17, then taking another move action to right behind Max)
(455) Lellick: (Concentration check:)
(455) Lellick: [1d20+12] -> [4,12] = (16)
(455) Lellick: (..Crap)
** (461) Suhail waves him off, nodding, but clearly exhausted from casting the spell. **
(461) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)
(469) J'hzuu: ((Meanie... :p))
(461) DM: (since running the combat will go over for a bit longer, we'll begin next session with the beginning of the next round)
(461) DM: (I need to get to bed. :))


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms