Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
4 users online
1 Registered
0 Hidden
3 Guests
Registered Users: StewartGlown


Back to Tolmara Logs
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated

Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(642) Git: (Yes for that is what we're suppose to do!)
(636) DM: (anyone need a recap?)
(638) Kha: ((Ya Kha and his ever changing mind decided it was best to go back and explains why. Read the log posted to the boards for the explination)
(642) Git: (And then off to get smashed in the igloo and forget hte rest of the Ka tet)
(636) DM: (lol)
(642) Git: (Just need to know where we are after the Kha scene)
(637) Agatha: ((I think I'm good. I'm just wondering where we're coming in.))
(636) DM: (I think that Kha returns to the camp and catches up to you whereever you are.)
(636) DM: (remember that he and Halif went off on their own. that was about four hours ago.)
(642) Git: (returns..? where was he sleeping?
(642) Git: (oh.)
(636) DM: (recall that he left almost right away)
(639) Vrondard: (yeah)
(638) Kha: ((Ya, Halif and I took off and were going to try and catch up to the guy then wait for the rest of you))
(639) Vrondard: Vron is sleeping so he doesn't care
(642) Git: (so much for his ideal 16 hour travel days. Can't even go four without a nap. tsk tsk)
(637) Agatha: ((He had too much to drink and wrapped his horse around a tree. The minotaur got tipped.))
(636) DM: (so he returns to the Oasis, and that's where we resume from)
(638) Kha: ((lol))
(642) Git: (hitting the one tree in the vast desert.... Must be Fate.)
** (638) Kha finishes explaining why he changed his mind **
** (642) Git sits in their room in the inn, writing in his journal while the wounded rest up **
(639) Vrondard: "so back to the underground... hmm maybe we will get Munafik after all" (once things are clear)
(637) Agatha: "So she's dead? Just like that?"
(639) Vrondard: "rat basterd! finkleheaded goblin!"
** (642) Git then hears a whole explanation after some stuff happens **
(639) Vrondard: "gaaarrrreeeeer"
(638) Kha: "So we have to go back to the Monolith and find the Library thats shown on my map. So we can get the Star Gem that Basht died protecting. At least thats what I think he was doing"
** (639) Vrondard works himself up thinking bout the foul undead preist person **
(638) Kha: ((*she))
(639) Vrondard: "hmmm guess there is somethin werthwhile in a library after all"
(639) Vrondard: "ya think its hidden is some book"
(639) Vrondard: (in)
** (642) Git sighs wearily, shaking his head. "Puppets us around all this time, just to dive into danger all on her lonesome and get herself killed. What a time to stop spouting ka tet." **
** (642) Git packs up his things ready to go dungeon crawling again **
(639) Vrondard: "well don't be speaking ill of her Git... she's been sorta lookin out fer us"
(639) Vrondard: "even if I agree she is weird and talks funny"
(637) Agatha: "Hmm... Still doesn't answered what spooked those ili'thyri."
(638) Kha: "She killed them"
** (638) Kha takes the map of the Monolith tomb out and sets it down so the others can see it. **
(642) Git: :shakes his head: "Right then. The path is clear.. most likely. Lets get this little gem collection over with."
(637) Agatha: "Well that makes the job easier."
** (637) Agatha picks up her gear. **
(638) Kha: "If you notice here it shows the library and hinds at a hidden passage, but does not show the passage. So where should we look?"
(639) Vrondard: "shure.. im fer that"
(638) Kha: ((*hints))
** (642) Git looks over the map studiously. "I'd sau either in the room where Munafik ditched us (14). Or this hall that just dead ends (16) **
(639) Vrondard: "bah"
** (638) Kha shrugs, "Ok well Thats your line of work not mine." **
** (638) Kha leaves the map with git and gathers the rest of his gear and heads out with the other **
** (642) Git shrugs, "Not really. I'm a conman, not a temple raider. **
(639) Vrondard: "well you aint connin me... get to werk"
(638) Kha: "Ok well You know about construction and Vrondard knows about stone work so I figure between the two of you we should be able to find it soon enough"
** (642) Git folds up and pockets the map and heads out the door after Kha, pointing out to the dwarf, "You're already my personal bodyguard." **
(642) Git: (and so we head off to the monolith... yes?)
(638) Kha: ((Yup and will try [1d2] -> [1] = (1) 1 = area 14 2 = area 16 first
(638) Kha: ))
** (639) Vrondard will search as best as he can **
(637) Agatha: ((Yup. Might as well bring Halif with us before he goes mad and starts hitting on a steak dinner))
(642) Git: (hitting on a steak dinner? VIsual: "Mmmm... that's some mighty sexy gravy you's wearin baby.")
(636) DM: You enter the room (13) and see that the wall of ice seems to have vanished.
(636) TaliesinNYC: In this darkened chamber, the floors are swept and tapestries are hung on the walls. It is obvious that the chamber has been recently occupied. The tapestries show spiders spinning a web over the kingdoms of man. At the far north end, opposite the entrance, there stands a door of solid steel. The giant head of a jackal is molded in its center. There seems to be no visible locks or handles on the door's surface.
(639) Vrondard: "bah"
(638) Kha: "Carfull that jackal is set to bite your hand off when you open the door, which the way to open it is in his mouth."
** (642) Git moves to give the door his usual search over **
(642) Git: "Thanks for the warning"
(638) Kha: "Thats why I didnt open it before when Mun-afik ran away."
** (639) Vrondard looks around for something bad **
** (638) Kha Consentrates a moment and draws power threw Vontaros into himself **
** (642) Git looks into the mouth to determine what kind of device opens the door (button, lever knob, etc?) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [14,14] = (28)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [7,13] = (20)
whispering to Git, there is a trap on the door (specifically inside the mouth)
whispering to Git, you can hear laughter coming from within
(642) Git: "Well... somebody's happy to be in there."
whispering to Git, a doorknob, but it's inside the jackal's mouth
** (637) Agatha eyes the area suspiciously, have expecting someone to pop out try to roast them a third time. **
(637) Agatha: "Why do you say that?"
** (639) Vrondard sees if he can help the situation **
** (638) Kha stays back and on the ready **
** (642) Git pulls a set of manacles from his satchel and sets about tightening one cuff around the knob in the mouth, wadding it with bits of leather for friction, before tugging the chain aside to turn the knob **
(636) DM: You hear a soft click.
(636) DM: The jaws of the jackal's mouth close although the chain does not sever.
** (638) Kha is suddenly holding a short spear engulfed in flames **
(636) DM: Slowly the door opens outward.
** (639) Vrondard peers in **
(639) Vrondard: "whadda ya know"
(642) Git: "Phew" :draws a dagger and motion for the others to get ready as he takes position hidden behind the door
** (637) Agatha readies her axe. **
(636) DM: Munafik is nowhere to be found. There is however, a corpse on the floor, inside the chamber. The air is rank with the odor of spilled blood.
(636) TaliesinNYC: This huge chamber throbs under the pulsing red light cast up from a 10' diameter pit, which throws it in waves from beneath a gigantic statue. The shadows cast by the light from below give a sinister appearance to the jackal-headed idol that sits cross-legged, holding a large altar bowl that is giving off smoke. The jackal's head's gem-eyes glitter in the dim light. Along the walls can be seen inscriptions in the ancient alphabet.
** (642) Git glances carefully into the room. "Wonder who was laughing." **
(642) Git: :listens close for anything stirring in the room beyond:
** (639) Vrondard listens and enters **
** (638) Kha enters the room slowly and starts work on reading the inscriptions **
(639) Vrondard: "that foul farker here?"
** (642) Git heads into the room slowly, moving to the pit to see what the light originates from **
** (637) Agatha backs up Git, axe ever ready. **
(639) Vrondard: "hey Kha... jump in!"
(636) DM: The iron door begins to close....
(638) Kha: "No thanks, this pit has things in it as the inscription says ' In order to open the gate, one must defeat the guardians of the pit. But beware, for seven times are seven guardians, each more deadly than the last. By the hand of Munafik, taker of Set.' "
(636) DM: Suddenly, flames shoot out of the pit...
(642) Git: "Say what..?" :seeing the door closing, moves to try and jam his dagger in the seam:
** (638) Kha jumps and spins to face the pit **
whispering to Git, Reflex
(638) Kha: "I think the things in the pit are coming out"
** (637) Agatha curses. **
(642) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+9] -> [11,9] = (20)
(639) Vrondard: "gah!"
** (636) Munafik, Taker of Set laughs evilly, although he is unseen. **
(637) Agatha: "What was your first clue!"
(636) DM: Git manages to jam his dagger into the seam, preventing the door from closing fully...
(639) Vrondard: "bah... I hear the farker!... he's here!"
** (638) Kha moves to help Git get the door open enough to let us out **
** (637) Agatha looks around frantically. "Show yourself bonebag! We've got a score to settle!" **
(636) Munafik, Taker of Set: Come in, young fools, and taste my master's wrath. Your guardian is dead now, and shall not save you.
** (642) Git grits his teeth at the that aggravating laugh and looks around for bad things to come **
(636) Munafik, Taker of Set: Why then, let my servants come forth! (laughs)
(638) Kha: Str check: [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
** (642) Git draws another dagger offering to the disembodied voice. "I was kind of hoping you were still around." **
(636) DM: Flames shoot out of the pit, and coalesce into the forms of five skeletons, save that their bones are held together by tongues of scarlet fire.
** (638) Kha gives up on the door and looks at Gits Dagger a moment **
** (639) Vrondard readies himself... **
(639) Vrondard: "gah! come on!"
** (637) Agatha feels the greataxe in her hands almost vibrate with anticipation. **
(636) DM: (place minis and roll init btw)
** (637) Agatha rushes at the nearest one with a roar. "Meet Bar'eth-el!" **
(638) Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] -> [17,7] = (24)
(639) Vrondard: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
(637) Agatha: init: [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
(639) Vrondard: ((hmm got all of that one))
(642) Git: [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)
(636) DM: (24, K)
** (638) Kha consentrates on Gits Dagger a moment **
(638) Kha: gm Wand of Fire Adds 1d8+3 dmg to his dagger. Tied off will last for 44 hours or untill I release it
(636) DM: (22, G)
** (636) DM pokes Git **
(642) Git: (delay)
(649) Zane (enter): 01:07
(636) DM: The skeletons act as one, almost as if their actions are controlled by an unseen master. Each of them sends forth twin flaming missiles from their eyes, one pair for each of you. The flaming bolts seem to home in on your positions as if they were instinctive.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [3d4+3] -> [4,4,1,3] = (12)
(636) DM: (Reflex)
(642) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11)
(638) Kha: Reflex save: [1d20+10] -> [18,10] = (28)
(639) Vrondard: Reflex vs. Magic Spells/Spell-like: Save [1d20+3+1+2] -> [6,3,1,2] = (12)
(636) DM:
(Ag?)
(637) Agatha:
Reflex save: [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
(636) DM:
(12 damage to each of you, 6 to Kha)
(636) DM:
The skeletons move forward, as one unit, though each moves separately. Crimson flames lick between their bones.
(636) DM:
(11, Ag)
(637) Agatha:
"That's a nice trick. Here's another."
** (637) Agatha rushes skeleton 5 **
(639) Vrondard: ((first time a 5' step was called a rush))
(649) Zane (exit): 01:15
(637) Agatha:
[1d20+15] -> [5,15] = (20)
(637) Agatha:
[1d12+6+4] -> [8,6,4] = (18)
(637) Agatha:
((alright. I jumped his bones.))
(637) Agatha:
((better?))
(639) Vrondard: ((no worse... sicko!))
(636) DM:
Looks can be deceiving. Clearly these are no ordinary skeletons, for though their bones appear brittle, they are quite resilient to Agatha's weapons. It's like striking steel.
(652) Tek (enter): 01:16
(652) Tek (exit): 01:16
whispering to Agatha, half the damage
(653) Zane (enter): 01:17
(637) Agatha:
second attack
(637) Agatha:
[1d20+6+1+4] -> [11,6,1,4] = (22)
(636) DM:
(hit)
(637) Agatha:
[1d12+6+4] -> [7,6,4] = (17)
(636) DM:
It's movements, sure and smooth before, turn jerky and awkward.
(636) DM:
(11, Halif)
(637) Agatha:
"Hah! Not so tough are ya!"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [15,9] = (24)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+8] -> [1,8] = (9)
** (636) Halif rushes forward with a grunt, heaving his battle axe high and bringing it crashing down over the head of one of the skeletons. It takes a step back as if stunned by the ferocity of the minotaur's attack. **
(639) Vrondard: (its got horns!)
(639) Vrondard: (sorta...)
** (636) Halif is sideswiped by the skeleton that Agatha just cleaved into, as flaming welts appear on the minotaur's skin. **
(636) DM:
(4, Vron)
** (639) Vrondard hacks the skeleton before him **
(639) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+6+4+1+1] -> [8,6,4,1,1] = (20) Critical on Natural 20
[1d20+1+4+1+1] -> [15,1,4,1,1] = (22) Critical on Natural 20

/me swings twice...
[1d20+6+4+1+1] -> [9,6,4,1,1] = (21) Critical on Natural 20[1d20+1+4+1+1] -> [16,1,4,1,1] = (23) Critical on Natural 20
(639) Vrondard: ((ok thats bunk))
(639) Vrondard: ignore that second salvo
(639) Vrondard: hits 20 and 21
(636) DM:
(yes)
(639) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [8,4,1] = (13) damage
(639) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [6,4,1] = (11) damage
(636) DM:
(on 5?)
(639) Vrondard: (yes)
(636) DM:
It's movements become increasingly jerky, as if it's lost all control of its mobility. As Vron smashes into it with his axe a second time, the skeleton bursts into scarlet flames, threatening to engulf the dwarf in its conflagration.
(639) Vrondard: "bah!"
(636) DM:
(Reflex to anyone within 5')
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6] -> [5,4] = (9)
** (639) Vrondard steps away 5'... **
(639) Vrondard: Reflex vs. Magic Spells/Spell-like: Save
[1d20+3+1+2] -> [11,3,1,2] = (17)
(639) Vrondard: (after the burning)
(636) DM:
(that's Ag, V and Halif)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
whispering to Agatha, Reflex?
(654) Ash (enter): 01:27
(637) Agatha:
Reflex: [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14)
whispering to Agatha, take 4 damage
whispering to Vrondard, take 4 damage
(642) Git:
"Oh great.. they burst into flames when they go down too!"
(639) Vrondard: "blasted me beard it did!"
(639) Vrondard: (done dodge on 3)
(639) Vrondard: .
(636) DM:
(24, K)
(637) Agatha:
"Better than choking mold!"
** (638) Kha moves along side Halif to help him **
(638) Kha:
Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [10,10] = (20) ===> Damage: [2d12+4] -> [5,4,4] = (13)
(636) DM:
(move the mini pls)
(636) DM:
The "skeleton" staggers back, almost helplessly, as Kha's flaming spear smashes through its form.
(636) DM:
It seems to lean back into the pit...
(636) DM:
(22, G)
(653) Zane (exit): 01:31
(655) Zane (enter): 01:32
(642) Git:
"The hell with this." :no fan of being trapped, Git pulls his crowbar and goes to work trying to pry the door open so they have an escape route.
(636) DM:
(15, the skeletons)
(636) DM:
Scarlet bolts of fire shoot from each skeleton's eye sockets to each of you. (all except Git, since there are 4 skeletons remaining.)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [3d4+3] -> [4,4,3,3] = (14)
(654) Ash (exit): 01:35
(637) Agatha:
Reflex: [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
(638) Kha:
Reflex save: [1d20+10] -> [12,10] = (22)
(636) DM:
(all Reflex except Git)
(639) Vrondard: ((we cant take a straw poll here and have them all go at Git?))
(636) DM:
((lol))
(639) Vrondard: Reflex vs. Magic Spells/Spell-like: Save
[1d20+3+1+2] -> [1,3,1,2] = (7)
(639) Vrondard: (oy the fantastic rolls continue)
(642) Git:
(Nope. I'm guarded by the Bufddy Barricade)
(642) Git:
(Buddy even*)
whispering to Agatha, 7 damage
(639) Vrondard: .
** (636) Halif almost drops his axe, and clutches his chest as a bolt smashes into his frame, etching a scar. **
(636) DM:
(AOO by Kha, Halif, Ag and Vron, K and H on 2, A and V on 3)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [20,9] = (29)
(637) Agatha:
AOO [1d20+4+6+4] -> [13,4,6,4] = (27)
(637) Agatha:
[1d12+6+4] -> [1,6,4] = (11)
(638) Kha:
Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [13,10] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d12+4] -> [11,6,4] = (21)
(639) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+6+4+1+1] -> [6,6,4,1,1] = (18) Critical on Natural 20

(638) Kha:
((Ya we can see your rolls now ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+9] -> [5,9] = (14)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [7,9] = (16)
** (636) Halif becomes enraged and brings his axe in a wide arc, slicing into the skeleton's rib cavity, finishing the attack with a sharp jagged upward motion. **
(642) Git:
(but we don't like to see them that low. Fix that)
(636) TaliesinNYC:
lol
(636) TaliesinNYC:
I'm not sure why you can
(636) DM:
(this is a normal server?)
(639) Vrondard: ((my html code was off))
(639) Vrondard: ((Kha put the right stuff in))
(638) Kha:
((Not yours, Vronds. he had some bad HTML in his roll node that was causing it to not be sent to every one))
** (637) Agatha lets out an angry growl as she swings high and Vrondard swings low to rattle the skeleton's bones. **
(636) DM:
(I goofed)
(636) DM:
It too staggers back, as if in great pain, towards the pit...
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [17,6] = (23)
(636) DM:
The "skeleton" near Vron attempts to pick the dwarf's eyes out (AC 23)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+6] -> [4,6] = (10)
(639) Vrondard: ((#3 barely misses))
(637) Agatha:
"Don't let them fall in the pit! If that's where they came from, that's where they get their power!"
(636) DM:
(10 damage)
(636) DM:
(ok, then)
(636) DM:
(scratch that)
(636) DM:
(11, Ag)
(637) Agatha:
Bar'eth-el is a white flash as Agatha sidesteps the flaming carcass and attacks from a new angle.
(637) Agatha:
((5ft step, full attack))
(637) Agatha:
1st attack: Power Attack(-5 att, +5 dmg) [1d20+4+1+4] -> [12,4,1,4] = (21)
(637) Agatha:
[1d12+6+4+5] -> [10,6,4,5] = (25) /2 dmg
(636) DM:
(both yes)
(636) DM:
(69 minute warning)
(637) Agatha:
second attack: [1d20+4+1+4] -> [4,4,1,4] = (13)
(636) DM:
(only one hit)
(636) DM:
It neatly sidesteps your attack, as if its fervor were renewed by your apparent miss.
(656) Findarato (enter): 01:53
(656) Findarato (exit): 01:53
(636) DM:
(11, Halif)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [10,9] = (19)
(637) Agatha:
"Keep smiling, you bastard. We'll see how it easy it is when you're missing your jawbone!"
** (636) Halif steps forward, growling with anger and attempts to end one of the skeleton's unlife, missing. The corpse steps back even further to the pit...in response. **
(636) Halif:
(4, V)
** (639) Vrondard steps into the two skeletons spot **
(639) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard guardedly attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe in a whirlwind
[1d20+6+4+1+1-3+2] -> [15,6,4,1,1,-3,2] = (26) Critical on Natural 20 vs #3
[1d20+6+4+1+1-3] -> [20,6,4,1,1,-3] = (29) Critical on Natural 20 vs #4

Dodge on #4.. AC increase +3
/set IdleStatusAlias=ac26+d|hp39/69

(639) Vrondard: ok AC is 26+dodge on #4
(639) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [1,4,1] = (6) damage
(639) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [9,4,1] = (14) damage
(639) Vrondard: ((hit hit done))
(639) Vrondard: 6 on #3 and 14 on #4
(639) Vrondard: .
(636) DM:
The skeletons stagger, their movements becoming less fluid as the toll of the battle continues its work.
(636) DM:
(24, K)
** (638) Kha steps forward and swings his spear in a upward arc though the flaming corpse ((Skell 1)) **
(638) Kha:
Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [16,10] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d12+4] -> [12,5,4] = (21)
(636) DM:
It pauses for a moment, and then bursts into flames. (Reflex on Kha and Halif)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6] -> [4,3] = (7)
(638) Kha:
Reflex save: [1d20+10] -> [11,10] = (21)
(657) Tater (enter): 02:01
(636) DM:
(22, G)
whispering to Tater, I never heard from you
(658) Josh (enter): 02:01
(642) Git:
:Finally getting the door open, Git wedges a dagger under tyhe jam, just in case it chooses to shut itself again. (done for now)
(636) DM:
(15, the skeletons)
(636) DM:
As before, the remaining skeletons send fiery bolts from their eye sockets, although this time, 4 pairs of bolts strike Agatha and one pair at Vron.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [3d4+3] -> [1,1,3,3] = (8)
(637) Agatha:
((wha? I only see 3 left))
(639) Vrondard: (yes 2 for you A))
(639) Vrondard: Reflex vs. Magic Spells/Spell-like: Save
[1d20+3+1+2] -> [10,3,1,2] = (16)
(636) DM:
(I mean 4 bolts and 2, sorry)
(637) Agatha:
((k. Just checking))
(639) Vrondard: ((each skel fires two bolts each))
(639) Vrondard: ((next time we fight some pirate skeletons this will be easier))
(637) Agatha:
Reflex: [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
(639) Vrondard: .
whispering to Agatha, 16 damage total
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [3,8] = (11)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [1,8] = (9)
(636) DM:
The skeletons attempt to grab you (Ag and Vron) but miss futilely.
(636) DM:
(11, Ag)
(657) Tater (exit): 02:13
** (637) Agatha screams as the bolts burn into her flesh. **
(636) DM:
(AOO by A and V for each attempt)
** (639) Vrondard strikes out at the hands of his groper **
(637) Agatha:
AOO: [1d20+4+6+4] -> [2,4,6,4] = (16)
(639) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (adj):
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+6+4+1+1+-3] -> [18,6,4,1,1,-3] = (27) Critical on Natural 20
(639) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [9,4,1] = (14) damage
(639) Vrondard: (vs #4 the one that tried to grapple him)
(637) Agatha:
((Oh right. Make that an 18 on the attack. Forgot about flanking))
(636) DM:
(16 misses)
(636) DM:
(18 misses as well)
(636) DM:
It staggers backwards, as if seeking sustenance from the pit...
** (636) Halif steps forward seeking to end the life of the skeleton. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [15,9] = (24)
** (636) Halif swings his axe in a wide arc, and cleaves the skeleton in twain, which then explodes in a ball of searing flames. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6] -> [2,4] = (6)
whispering to Agatha, [1d8+9] -> [6,9] = (15)
(636) Halif:
(4, V)
** (639) Vrondard steps up near the skels... **
(639) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe in a whirlwind
[1d20+6+4+1+1] -> [1,6,4,1,1] = (13) vs #3
[1d20+6+4+1+1] -> [17,6,4,1,1] = (29) vs #4
(639) Vrondard: (bah)
(639) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [2,4,1] = (7) damage
(639) Vrondard: (bah2)
(639) Vrondard: 7 dam on #4
(639) Vrondard: (dodge on #3 done)
(636) DM:
It doesn't seem to have noticed your (Vron) attack, although it's movements are slowing.
(636) DM:
(24, Kha)
** (638) Kha takes a step and attempts to slam his spear into the creatures chest ((Skell 4)) **
(638) Kha:
Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [12,10] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d12+4] -> [4,10,4] = (18)
(636) DM:
You notice that the corpse is that of Korus's, Hassan's brother. His heart has been torn out.
(638) Kha:
"Well I guess he wont be missing his slave"
(636) DM:
As Kha spears through the skeleton's form, it's facade drops away and you see Munafik standing before you with a flaming spear through his undead form.
(637) Agatha:
"You!"
** (636) Munafik, Taker of Set laughs evilly. "As long as my master is unopposed, I cannot be killed, mortal. Still, I grow tired of this game, and leave you." **
** (636) Munafik, Taker of Set jumps into the pit. **
(636) DM:
(AOO by Kha)
(639) Vrondard: "get back here you farkin coward!"
** (638) Kha quickly attempts to end his undead life **
(638) Kha:
Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [20,10] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d12+4] -> [7,2,4] = (13)
(638) Kha:
Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [20,10] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d12+4] -> [2,6,4] = (12)
(639) Vrondard: ((doh!))
(636) DM:
(I'd say that's a crit, lol)
(638) Kha:
((Can I keep rolling for threat checks?))
(638) Kha:
((=p))
(637) Agatha:
((Undead = no crit :-( ))
(639) Vrondard: ((yeah you can keep rolling... they wont count however))
(639) Vrondard: ((well we dont really know what Munafik is))
(636) DM:
(no, they don't count. sad to say.)
(638) Kha:
((Oh well))
(636) DM:
Vast wounds appear in Munafik's form, although the evil undead wizard-priest vanishes into the dull redness of the interior of the pit. Very little can be seen within, as a misty haze of red light obscures the depths.
(636) DM:
(22, G)
** (642) Git rushes forth to join the fray at the sight of the undying bastard. But seeing him dive into the pit, Git halts beside Aggy, and in frustration takes a swing of his crowbar at the head of the nearvy skelly. (-4 att for improv weap +2 for flan= -2 att) **
(642) Git:
Club Attack Roll: [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [5,0] = (5)
(642) Git:
(bah, 14 att)
(636) DM:
(and misses)
(636) DM:
With the disappearance of Munafik, the force that was animating the skeleton collapses and the corpse bursts into flames.
(636) DM:
leaving a charred pile of bones behind.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6] -> [1,5] = (6)
** (638) Kha looks down in the Pit to determin if Mun-afik did the same thing as the cleric he tried to follow into a pit **
(636) DM:
(Reflex to Ag, Vron and G)
(642) Git:
Reflex save: [1d20+9] -> [1,9] = (10)
(642) Git:
(argh!)
(637) Agatha:
Reflex: [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
** (636) DM pokes Vron **
(639) Vrondard: Reflex vs. Magic Spells/Spell-like: Save
[1d20+3+1+2] -> [13,3,1,2] = (19)
(639) Vrondard: "bah!"
(639) Vrondard: "me poor beard..."
(639) Vrondard: "flames everywhere and that stinkfart skipped out on us"
** (642) Git hops back the fires scorch him. Cursing profusely as he pats down his burnt clothing, he grumbles, "For a a guy who says he's so damn all powerful, he sure does run away a lot." **
** (638) Kha grunts and turns away from the pit to see how everyone is doing **
** (637) Agatha runs up to the pit and screams into the pit. "Raaarrgh! Bastard!! You think you're some horror? Stabbing at us in the dark and running off?" **
(637) Agatha:
"You're a coward! And you'll have yours!"
** (638) Kha sees the horid burn marks on Agatha and lays a hand on her sholder **
** (638) Kha rests his hands on you for a second and you feel a slight cold brush over you. {Turn [4d8+2] -> [8,6,7,8,2] = (31) DMG to Subdual} **
** (638) Kha goes over to Git **
** (637) Agatha pants as her shoulders droop. She's drained. **
** (638) Kha rests his hands on you for a second and you feel a slight cold brush over you. {Turn [4d8+2] -> [6,6,6,6,2] = (26) DMG to Subdual} **
(639) Vrondard: "hmmm well... at least he took these things away when he left"
(639) Vrondard: "buggering buggers!"
(639) Vrondard: "did you see that one try to claw me eyes out?"
(639) Vrondard: "farker!"
** (642) Git groans as his burning pains diminish to dry aches. "Aaaghh.. thanks." **
(638) Kha:
"No I was too busy stabbing the ones in front of me"
(638) Kha:
"Well now lets see if the hidden passage is in this room"
(642) Git:
"Halif.. you alright?" :Asks as he moves to exam the body of Korus:
** (637) Agatha drops back to sit on floor, her head swimming from Kha's healing power. **
(636) DM:
The prince's corpse appears to have been slain fairly recently. His heart has been ripped out.
(637) Agatha:
Agatha's gaze rests on the Prince's corpse.
(642) Git:
"What the hell were you doing down here." :Speaks rhetorically to the body and begins searching his body
(639) Vrondard: "dying a horrible death"
(639) Vrondard: "that aint natural"
(637) Agatha:
"Is that..Is that who I think it is."
(637) Agatha:
((?*))
(638) Kha:
"Didnt the Sandvoyagers leader say he was involved with the Drow and slave trading?"
(639) Vrondard: "well he paid fer his crimes 10 fold"
(636) Halif:
A fitting end for a slave owner. (grunts)
(638) Kha:
"He is probably the man I saw speaking with the water bearer we killed ealeryer."
** (642) Git lifts a symbol of Set from the body. "Guess that's our connection" **
(637) Agatha:
"Hmph. Guess Afiya doesn't have to worry about anyone coming back for her."
(638) Kha:
"We should probably bring his body back to his father after we find the Library anyways. He may still want to do something with it"
(637) Agatha:
"We'd best take something back with us as proof of what happened to the man."
(673) Snowdog (enter): 02:46
(642) Git:
"Yeah, whatever." :pockets the symbol and a few dinari from the body, and picks up his obsidian mace, testing its balance
(636) DM:
(waves to Snowdog)
(637) Agatha:
"I ain't dragging a whole skeleton."
(638) Dj Gilcrease:
((Hey Snow))
(638) Kha:
"Good point"
(634) Ra'arrne (exit): 02:47
** (638) Kha looks over the body for a ring or some other identifing item to bring back **
(636) DM:
(Git pocketed most of the items)
(642) Git:
"Hmph.." :twirls the mace idly as he goes about searching the walls of the chamber for a hidden passage
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [11,14] = (25)
(639) Vrondard: "Whats the custom fer burial again.. prolly get a favor if we do it right"
(636) Halif:
An air burial.
(639) Vrondard: "Hopefully its burning... hmmm"
(642) Git:
"Oi, we might have something here." :points out a button on the wall:
(639) Vrondard: "Guess not"
(636) Halif:
But for this, who is worse than the lowest of the earth, he is fit only for flames.
(637) Agatha:
"The man sold his soul to Set. Whatever favor there is to be gained, I don't want it."
(637) Agatha:
"I'd be too worried about where it came from."
(636) Halif:
By rights, the Sheik is duty bound to honor you for defeating an ancient evil on his land. He will not refuse you should you seek him out.
(636) Halif:
If he is an honorable man.
(638) Kha:
"Well then we can let his Brother burn him, I am sure the Sheik will want to send people into this place after we are done and make sure there are no more Drow and others of their ilk crawling around. And I wish every time we met a Drow they would not try to kill us before talking. I would realy like to know more about their culture"
(637) Agatha:
"Aye, I trust the Shiek. It's the other forces at work I'm not so sure about."
** (642) Git backs away, extending his expanding pole to it's full 11' before using the end to push the button from a "safe" distance **
(636) DM:
(I'm going to extend the session by another 30 minutes, fyi)
(636) DM:
There is a distant grinding noise.
(674) Judge Auslander (enter): 02:53
(636) DM:
It goes on for a long time.
(636) DM:
It's like stone grinding over stone. It makes your teeth ache.
(637) Agatha:
"A little button does all that?"
(636) DM:
...and then it ceases.
(642) Git:
"The Shiek seems incompotent for me, and forget funeral rights. Given the circumstances destruction of all bodies is ideal. There's already an army of undead stalking around the desert, lets not offer them new recruiits"
** (642) Git puts away his stick as the stones grind, waiting for the result **
(638) Kha:
"What was that?"
(636) DM:
No secret passages reveal themselves.
(642) Git:
"I think our passage just opened... somewhere.
** (638) Kha streches his jaw trying to make the noise stop hurting **
(639) Vrondard: "maybe we just can't see it"
** (637) Agatha checks the pit. **
(642) Git:
"Hmmm..."
** (642) Git heads out of the room and toward the hall which was his second guess (16) **
(639) Vrondard: "or.. we just sealed ourselves into a tomb"
(637) Agatha:
"Well it sure as hell ain't here."
(639) Vrondard: ((where was the grating coming from?))
(639) Vrondard: (east north.. something general like that)
(636) DM:
((elsewhere, which will be made clear soon))
** (638) Kha follows the others **
(636) DM:
((somewhere south and east))
** (642) Git calls back from the door to 12, "Hey, we have a new direction, lets go." **
** (637) Agatha follows Git. **
** (639) Vrondard follows along **
** (642) Git heads for the staircase **
(636) DM:
The passage which had previously ended in a blank wall seems to have opened up mysteriously. A dust covered hallway, covered with numerous tracks both coming and going, extends forward to a flight of stone steps half buried in the sand. The steps lead down into the earth.
(636) TaliesinNYC:
An old staircase, covered with dust and sifted sand, goes down into the earth.
(636) DM:
A few feet down the staircase is the corpse of an ilythi'iri.
(642) Git:
:sigh: "So down we sink."?
(639) Vrondard: "gah.. a foul dark elf"
(639) Vrondard: "hope its filthy spell backfired on it and thats why it died"
(636) DM:
It appears to have been clawed to death by something or someone.
(639) Vrondard: ((Vron still has hope))
** (638) Kha holds his spear out for light and continues down the stairs steping over the Ilythi`iri **
(673) Snowdog (exit): 03:02
** (642) Git moves down to the drow, giving his remains a quick once over for worthwhile items **
(636) DM:
The stairs continue down into the earth. Every few feet there is another ilythi'iri corpse. A great battle appears to have been fought here, against what, you do not know.
(636) DM:
Most of their arms and armor have disintegrated, as is the nature of these things.
(636) DM:
Finally, you get to the bottom of the stairs. A dusty room beckons beyond. More corpses can be seen. It appears to be a library.
(639) Vrondard: "on wid it... these all be dead Git"
(639) Vrondard: "and their stuff nigh but worthless"
(636) TaliesinNYC:
The dark room is lined with shelves and old scroll cases made of bone. A large pile of ash is in the center of the chamber. Soot covers the walls and ceiling.

Basht is here. She appears to have died recently.

(638) Kha:
"If Basht's body is still in this realm we should give it a proper burial"\
(642) Git:
:looking awe struck by all the dead dark elves: "Seems like she had a real wild here."
** (639) Vrondard grumbles **
** (638) Kha shakes his head and goes over to see to Basht's body **
(637) Agatha:
"And here I thought she was just a lazy cat.
** (636) Basht seems at peace, the hint of a grin on her stone cold features. **
(638) Kha:
"The Star Gem is hear someware, Find it please while I tend to her body"
(636) DM:
Around her neck is a silver ankh, which you've not seen before.
(639) Vrondard: "alright"
** (639) Vrondard starts looking fer a gem **
** (638) Kha takes ahold of the Ankh to see if it speaks like the one he found around Halifs neck did **
(636) DM:
(yes)
** (637) Agatha searches the room for the gem. **
** (642) Git gives the fallen goddess a considering look, before focusing on the matter at hand. Curiously he scours the shelves for a hidden compartment or passage **
(639) Vrondard: "hey this is something" after a while
(642) Git:
"What is it Vron?"
(636) DM:
(you mean fallen avatar.)
(642) Git:
(eh.. close enough)
(639) Vrondard: "scroll... with symbols on it"
(639) Vrondard: "scroll tube"
(639) Vrondard: "thought it was a bone at first"
(642) Git:
:raises a brow: "Don't most scrolls have symbols on them?"
(639) Vrondard: (bone scroll tube)
** (638) Kha takes the Ankh off from around her neck and places it over his own for the moment, then takes his bed roll out and wraps it around Basht's body to make it easyer to carry out of this place **
** (637) Agatha speaks over her shoulder as she continues her search. "Can you read it?" **
** (642) Git moves to the cener of the room, to the pile of ash, and begins sifting through it with his feet, examing for anythng beneath **
** (638) Kha reads the tube after finishing wraping Basht's body **
(636) DM:
After taking some time to search the room, all you find of note is the bone scroll case that Vrondard found. All else are crumbling dust and ruined papyrus scrolls.
(638) Kha:
"It says do not open, it is the property of a mage named Martek, and that it is very secure. Though it does jingle so it may contain the Star Gem"
(642) Git:
"Go for it"
** (638) Kha shakes his head **
(639) Vrondard: "who me?"
(638) Kha:
"I have seen the type of damage wizard security can do and I am in no condition to deal with it at this time"
(642) Git:
"Hmmm..."
(639) Vrondard: "make Norfirion do it... he know all about them mages evil traps"
(636) DM:
(except that Norf is in player limbo, lol)
** (642) Git takes the tub in hand and examines it for some type of trap **
(639) Vrondard: ((later... when we see him))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [2,14] = (16)
(642) Git:
"Deems okay... but then again, I don't know much about magical matters."
(642) Git:
Seems even*
(638) Kha:
"Lets just keep it and open it latter when we are more prepared to deal with what ever happens"
(639) Vrondard: "fine wid me"
** (638) Kha goes and picks up Basht's wraped corpse and starts back up the stairs with it **
(636) DM:
(and on that note, we'll stop)
(639) Vrondard: "but if the gem isn't in here... we still need to find it"
(642) Git:
(hai hai)
(639) Vrondard: "Kha said it was in here... so maybe this be it"
(636) Halif:
I can open it if you wish.
(639) Vrondard: "if ya dare..."
(638) Kha:
"No I dont want you getting hurt either. I may be able to heal a little but I cannot raise the dead, so better to wait untill Norf can take a look at it and determin if there is a magical trap"
(639) Vrondard: "ya could be turned into a three legged toad!"
(636) Halif:
Are you calling me a coward? (grunts indignantlly)
(639) Vrondard: "no just stupid"
(636) Halif:
hmph
(639) Vrondard: "evil magic's on there fer sure"
(639) Vrondard: "got all that funky writin on the outside"
(638) Kha:
"If you wish to open it I will not stop you, but still think it would be best to wait"
(639) Vrondard: "wid a warnin and everything"
(636) Halif:
I suppose you're right, for once.
(636) DM:
(ok, we'll stop now)


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms