Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
6 users online
1 Registered
0 Hidden
5 Guests
Registered Users: CharlesAgils


Back to Tolmara Logs


Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(272) DM: (so who needs a recap?)
(273) Norfirion: ha
(275) Git: I'll let you rest a while before that
(273) Norfirion: hehe
(273) Norfirion: I'm good to go
Kha: ((I am good we are heading to the shiek then to the monolith))
(272) DM: (k)
(275) Git: (should we stop and get him a fruit platter? It is polite.. before begging him for troops and all.)
(272) DM: You make your way to the sheik's tent in the nomad encampment. The sheik is in conference with Nador and Hassan when you arrive. Hassan fingers his medallion as you enter the tent.
(275) Git: (But one or two people should head straight to the monolith to keep a watch, make sure nothing moves out of it)
Kha: "Hello Shiek, and Prince Hassam. My friends and I have agreed to help you find your Betrothed"
** (272) Sheik Kassim breaks off conversation with Nador, acknowledging you. **
Kha: "I believe she may be in a hidden temple below the Monolith. There are servents of Set in this Temple and we broke a curse set by one such servent seven days ago, which is when your betrothed vanished."
(272) Sheik Kassim: Truly this is a miracle sent by R...by noble Kor (glances at Nador) and I thank you, outlander.
** (272) Sheik Kassim seems apprehensive at the mention of Set. "Are you sure of this?" (glances at Nador) **
Kha: "I am sure"
** (272) Nador frowns at the mention of Set. "A pagan god, Honored One." **
(273) Norfirion: (Did we leave the Daul and Kerina back at the inn? If so Norf prolly stayed with them until you're finished with the sheik)
(272) Nador: All know that the might of the enlightened gods shines where the old gods do not. Truly has Kor rewarded you for your faith today. (smiles at Kha)
(272) Nador: The place is set although no man knew the time, until your acceptance of the fate that Fate has laid on you. Go with Kor, outlander.
** Kha nods an leaves the tend heading to the Monolith **
(275) Git: "Well... that was.. pointless." :grumbles as he rushes to the monolith:
** (272) Prince Hassan nods at you (Kha) as you leave the tent, fingering his medallion. **
(272) DM: The monolith is as it was before...tall, dark and foreboding, it's surface engraved with a myriad number of runes and hieroglyphics.
(287) Rasan (enter): 22:29
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (287) Vrondard...
** Kha goes to where the door was and says "The door should be here" **
** (275) Git picks out a nice place a a shadowy distance to scope for patrolmen or watchers, before asking Kha, "So how'd it open?" **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [19,8] = (27)
** (287) Vrondard scowls **
whispering to Kha, you find it -- hidden button
** (274) Agatha keeps her axe loose so she can quickly grab it. **
** Kha presses something on the monolith **
** (275) Git flinches back as Kha presses something **
(272) DM: A door slides noiselessly aside, revealing a flight of steep stone steps descending into the earth.
** Kha Consentrates a moment and draws power threw Vontaros into himself **
** Kha is suddenly holding a short spear engulfed in flames **
(287) Vrondard: ((had Kylie issues... and no mommy.. hey all)
** (275) Git opens his eyes to the sight o the open doorway and sighs. "I didn't say open it. They're expecting trespasser's remember? We have to be careful of traps." **
(275) Git: (give the kid some jack daniels, always worked for me as a baby)
** Kha heads down the steps holding the spear out for light **
(272) TaliesinNYC: The steps down into the monolith descend 70' to a 30' long passageway carved from the stone. This passage ends at a stone door. Drawn on the door is an image of an evil jackal head on the shoulders of a man. The eyes are sinister points of red light.
** (275) Git follows silently down into the monolith(take 10 on ms, spot listen) **
** Kha looks over the door for a moment while waiting for Git and the others to catch up **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [20,7] = (27)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [18,14] = (32)
** (274) Agatha follows, noting the drawing of the door. **
whispering to Git, Silence behind the door. There is a foul odor here, like rotting flesh.
(272) DM: There is a foul odor here, of rotting flesh.
** (287) Vrondard follows... appears from the shadows behind **
** (273) Norfirion glances at the image as he comes down the stairs. He raises his staff near the image and activates his detect magic as he fans it over the door. **
(287) Vrondard: "hmmm sumthin stinks... bunch of dead things me thinks"
(273) Norfirion: Skill: Spellcraft [1d20+16] -> [11,16] = (27)
(275) Git: "Shh,,,," :hushes vrondard and continues down the stairs:
** (273) Norfirion nods silently. **
** (273) Norfirion whispers. "Fain abjuration magic, a ward most likely." **
(273) Norfirion: *faint
** (287) Vrondard scratches his beard and hushes up **
Kha: "Since Mun-Afik was a follower of Set, and the old man raised a few zombies also mentioning Loth I would guess you are correct Vrond"
(272) DM: For some reason, you no longer hear yourselves.
(274) Agatha: "I'll say. It might be my imagination but...."
** (287) Vrondard mouths a concern **
** (273) Norfirion perks an eye up and looks to Kha and points to his mouth, as if asking did he do this. **
** Kha shrugs **
** (273) Norfirion 's staff glows with a faint pale light as he activates his detect magic once again wondering if foul magic is at play. **
(273) Norfirion: Skill: Spellcraft [1d20+16] -> [14,16] = (30)
** (274) Agatha starts to say something, but is startled at the result or lack thereof. She silently curses as she pulls open one side of her robe and pulls out her axe, Bar'eth-el. **
** (273) Norfirion rotates scanning an entire 60' radius around the group. **
(272) DM: (my bad. spell works as normal. you hear yourselves)
** (287) Vrondard regains speech... "whoa... couldn't talk fer a bit there" **
(287) Vrondard: "foul magicks afoot!"
Kha: "I have raised a shield against listeners. It backfired for a moment, but I have corrected it. Now anyone we cannot see should not be able to hear us"
(273) Norfirion: "Ah very good Kha."
** (274) Agatha relaxes a bit. **
Kha: "Now Git would you like to check the door since you are concerned with Traps?"
(274) Agatha: "Y'know it wouldn't kill ya ta give us some warning before you do that. I thought we were being ambushed for moment."
(287) Vrondard: "what about me... bah whatever"
(287) Vrondard: "let me know when you want me to open it Git"
Kha: "I let you know as soons as it was up, I have never had it backfire like that so there was no need to let you know before."
** Kha steps away from the door when Git aproches **
(275) Git: "I have no idea how this thing opens."
Kha: "If you get more then fifteen feet from me you will be outside it's protection, I am keeping it relativly small to make sure we can see anyone who is inside it."
** Kha shrugs at Git and tries pressing the two red eyes at the same time **
(287) Vrondard: ((where are we btw?))
(272) Voice: SPEAK THE WORDS OF PASSAGE TO OPEN THE GATE!
Kha: ((In hallway 1))
(272) DM: (occurs as soon as Kha presses the eyes)
(275) Git: :chastises Kha, just because he has to: "What did I say about touching things?"
(272) DM: The voice sounds uncannily just like Munafik.
(287) Vrondard: "hells gate this is"
** (274) Agatha looks around dumbly at her companions for ideas. **
** Kha turns to the others, "Any guesses on what the words of activation may be? I would guess something to the effect of 'I am a servent of Set', since the voice sounds like Munafik" **
(275) Git: :clears his throat and tries in a deep voice: "The place is Set, all though no man knew the time, until the acceptance of the fate that Fate has laid on you."
(272) DM: Silence.
(275) Git: :shrug: "Eh... was worth a try."
(275) Git: "How about: Munafik rules?"
(274) Agatha: "Well at least we aren't elbow deep in sand zombies."
(287) Vrondard: "curse Munafik filthy follower of Set...thats what I says"
(273) Norfirion: "Hmmm" *scratches his chin as he thinks*
(275) Git: :tries repeating: "The words of Passage."
(272) DM: Nothing happens.
(274) Agatha: "Uhh...The place is Set. The time is now?"
(272) DM: The door trembles...
** (275) Git tries to think back on what popular sayings he knows of Set's followers. **
(272) Voice: BOW TO THE GREATNESS THAT IS SET!
(273) Norfirion has sent you a tree node...
(272) DM: There is a loud grinding sound as the door begins to move slowly aside....
(275) Git: "Nice one Aggy."
(272) DM: A stench from beyond the grave rushes forth as the door slowly opens...
** (273) Norfirion lets out a hallow chuckle. "Well done." **
(274) Agatha: "Had to stumble on one sooner or later."
Kha: "Good guess"
(273) Norfirion: "Much better than me expending a dispel enchantment on the thing." *smiles*
** Kha wrinks his nose and pulls out his Holy symbol so it is handy **
** (273) Norfirion slides his hand into his belt pouch and readies the words to a spell as he looks into the chamber peering around the others, trying to ignore the stench. **
** (275) Git draws the scarf of his new clothes up over his mouth and nose as he examines the chamber beyond **
(274) Agatha: "Aye, we might want to go easy on all the spell-slinging. Between the undead and Kha's troubles, I'm uneasy enough. I don't need to worry about any backfiring."
** Kha heads though the door once it is fully open and looks around **
(272) DM: (hold up folks)
(273) Norfirion: "Pftt, backfiring? I'm more worried about a wide swing of your axe than my spells backfiring."
(273) Norfirion: "Magic is like a muscle, it must be exercised to gain in strength."
(272) DM: As the door slowly opens, sliding to the right, you see that it's quite thick, about two or three inches. A dead thing similar to that of a zombie, although it's body is covered with yellowish dust, turns a wheel with great effort to one side, slowly opening the great door.
** (274) Agatha is about to respond, but tenses at the sight of the creature. **
** (275) Git eyes the gatekeeper curiously, making sure it shows no ill intent before entering **
** (273) Norfirion waits to see how the creature responds. **
(287) Vrondard: "whoa... someone needs a bath"
(272) TaliesinNYC: The long, damp room is decorated with tapestries covering the east and west walls. A large wheel with a winch is mounted on the north wall. A zombie-like creature stands next to it, turning the wheel slowly. Pegs and hooks are mounted on the north and south walls.

A horrific odor permeates this chamber. It almost causes you to double over from the intensity.

(272) DM: The creature does not seem to notice you....yet.
** (275) Git offers the undead guard a courtious bow. "I'll be entering now, thank you." :tries stepping inside **
** (274) Agatha tries to ignore the stench and hefts her axe as she takes a step inside. **
** Kha readies himself to attack the zombie thing once it is done, moving to about twenty feet away from the creature, making sure the others keep up and stay within fifteen feet of him **
(272) DM: (-1 to all Fort saves while in this room, if I call for them)
** (287) Vrondard keeps pace **
** (273) Norfirion follows inside after Agatha, drawing his hood over his head as he pulls the long tassle of silver hair hanging to his ankles, tucking it inside his robe. A robed sleeve covers his mouth and he moves into the room further. **
(272) DM: The zombie begins reversing the wheel...
** (273) Norfirion glances back to the door. **
** (275) Git holds the cloth over his face with one hand and holds a dagger in the other, as he instructs, check behind the tapestries. Use your weapon tips. don't know if there's anything toxic on them. And..." :glances back to the doorman: ".. try not to damage them" **
** (274) Agatha barks at the zombie as if it were one of her staff. "That's enough. Leave it open." **
Kha: "Cant hear you Agatha"
(274) Agatha: "Oh, right..."
Kha: "Lets just kill it before it gets the door shut"
(275) Git: "No. don't start a fight we don't have to."
** Kha shurgs "Ok then lets move on before he finishes" **
** (274) Agatha nods. **
(272) DM: It slowly seals the door shut...
** (275) Git searches behind the tapestires stopping at the end one on the west wall. Drawing it back with his dagger, carefully, he peers into the chamber hidden behind: **
** (273) Norfirion utters a single sylabble as his hand contorts with the motions of a spell. (Detect Poison on the yellow dust coating the creature). **
** Kha keeps up with Git to make sure all stay within the ward **
Kha: "Find anything Git?"
** (275) Git resets the tapestry gently **
(275) Git: "Nothing I want to inspect further"
(275) Git: "Lets keep going."
** Kha shrugs "Well I dont see a way out and the zombie thing is almost done closing the door" **
(273) Norfirion: "Well definately keep your skin and nostrils away from that dust, its very toxic."
(273) Norfirion: "A type of poisonous mold."
** Kha remembers the last brush with poisonous mold he had **
** (275) Git searches along the southern wall, from east to west, figuring its the only one not covered by tapestries, save wher they entered **
(272) DM: The entrance gate slams shut with a finality that echoes in the chamber you're in.
** (275) Git is sure to wear his gloves **
(272) DM: (I take it you can see in the dark?)
(275) Git: (I thought Kha was providing the light. If not, I'll whip out a sunrod)
Kha: ((I have my fire spear providing some light))
(273) Norfirion: (I've got low light vision, so kha's spear should be more than enough light for me, or any other small source should suffice for me)
** (275) Git draws back the tapestry leading to chamber four. "Moving along..." **
(275) Git: (hey me too. that counts for... something)
** (275) Git holds the tapestry open for the next person who follows him before heading in toward 4 **
** Kha follows Git **
(272) TaliesinNYC: The walls of this chamber are painted to depict terrible creatures marching to war. In the middle of the floor are three wading pools, three feet long east to west by six inches deep. The northernmost pool holds a perfumed transparent liquid with a green tinge. The middle pool contains a clear scarlet liquid and the southernmost pool contains a clear amber liquid. The odor seems to lessen here.
(272) DM: Looking over your shoulder, the zombie from the entrance chamber shuffles forward to stand in front of one of the tapestries and ceases moving.
(275) Git: "Eh? Perfume baths?"
(274) Agatha: "Hmph. Well no wonder they stink. With bath water this dirty, I'm surprised they don't smell worse."
(272) DM: A stone door can be seen in the east wall.
(274) Agatha: "Norf, Kha, do either of you have any idea what this place is for?"
** (275) Git examines the walls for depictions of similar pools or the key colors, green, red, amber. **
Kha: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
(275) Git: "hmmm..." :moves on to check the door:
(287) Vrondard: ((vron can see in the dark))
(273) Norfirion: (sorry for the pause uncle just came over)
(275) Git: (say hi for me)
Kha: "They are purification baths."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [16,13] = (29)
(273) Norfirion: "For what? Worshipers?"
(287) Vrondard: "fer dying in now... who cares"
(287) Vrondard: "lets get a move on this place be givin me the creeps"
Kha: "That would be my guess"
** Kha moves over by the door waiting for Git to finish **
(272) DM: There seems to be no visible lock on the door. A jackal's head carved in stone, protrudes from the door where the handle would be. Twin points of light stare maliciously out into the room. It's jaws are agape.
** (273) Norfirion swipes his staff over the pools and activates its Detect Magic, scanning the liquid, and the whole room while he's at it. **
(273) Norfirion: Skill: Spellcraft [1d20+16] -> [4,16] = (20)
(275) Git: "Well... I think I get the idea of it."
** (273) Norfirion rubs his temples. **
(273) Norfirion: "Poweful enchantments indeed."
** (275) Git heads to the green pool and reaches his left hand down into the liquid **
(274) Agatha: "What is it?"
(273) Norfirion: "Give me a moment."
(272) DM: (as soon as Git touches the liquid)
(272) Voice: DEFILER!
(272) Voice: KNOW THE WRATH OF SET, LORD OF VENGEANCE!
(287) Vrondard: ((Git made a clean spot!))
(275) Git: "Hmm... I might be off on this one."
** (273) Norfirion shakes his head. "You fool." **
(272) DM: Munafik's voice thunders in the chamber, as several things occur...
(273) Norfirion: "Don't be so rash"
** (273) Norfirion looks to Kha. **
(273) Norfirion: "Conjuration magics from the liquid, and a some form of evocation on this door."
Kha: "And you were warning me about touching things Git?"
** (273) Norfirion points to the stone door. **
** Kha steps out of the path of the door **
(272) DM: Two glyphs on the door blaze in scarlet light and explode (Kha, Fort pls), as a third glyph blazes in green and amber light.
Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+8] -> [13,8] = (21)
(272) DM: The zombie creature from the entrance chamber vanishes, as six zombie-like creatures appear in the room, and engage you. (init)
Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
(275) Git: [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14)
(274) Agatha: Init: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d10] -> [1,7] = (8)
(273) Norfirion: Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
(273) Norfirion: (sec, lost my mini)
(287) Vrondard: ((wow Aggie with the good reaction for once in her life))
(274) Agatha: "What's the world coming to? Kha's figuring out doors and Git's triggering traps."
(275) Git: (well, the theory was sound. until everything went all kablooey)
(272) DM: ((pen went bananas))
(273) Norfirion: (ok got one)
(287) Vrondard: ((yep thats what happens to me too))
(287) Vrondard: ((i never got rid of the gui file... but i doubt that is it))
(287) Vrondard: ((its a fine version... ive congratulated the powers that be about the Insave Whiteboard already))
(287) Vrondard: (Insane)
(272) DM: (each square = 5')
(287) Vrondard: ((everyone be kind to the DM about the map... this is like sculpting with a chainsaw))
(275) Git: (What? I saw a guy make a cool ice bear with on of those.)
(281) Kha has sent you a tree node...
(274) Agatha: ((yeah, it both cases you don't want to piss off the artist))
(287) Vrondard: ((could save you a trip to Sweden...))
Kha: ((My uncle does that for a living, he is world famous for it too, in the circles that know that type of thing anyways))
(287) Vrondard: ((your uncle is famous for sex changes?))
Kha: ((No for chainsaw sculpting))
(287) Vrondard: ((nice circles you are in...))
(275) Git: (it's a growth industry)
(287) Vrondard: ((ok ill stop helping))
Kha: ((The insane white board is mostly because you have to dubble click to stop drawing now, which is something Tom added))
(272) DM: (ok, sec pls)
(273) Norfirion: np take your time
(287) Vrondard: ((battle royal... Minions of Set vs. Minions of Git))
Kha: ((Where is the door? since I am between it and the pools))
(272) DM: (that's where)
(272) DM: (don't worry about the location of the pools)
(275) Git: (and I'd be next to the grren pool
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20-1] -> [1,-1] = (0)
(272) DM: (21, Ag)
** (274) Agatha lashes out at the zombie next to her. **
(274) Agatha: [1d20+4+6+4] -> [7,4,6,4] = (21)
(273) Norfirion: (actually my dex is higher, i rolled a 21 too, but I'll just delay since she's already went)
(272) DM: (noted)
(272) DM: (hit)
(274) Agatha: [1d12+6+4] -> [2,6,4] = (12)
(272) DM: (Fort save, as your blow makes contact with the mold, releasing spores into the air)
(274) Agatha: ((oh lovely))
(287) Vrondard: ((and that is at a -1 already or ?))
(287) Vrondard: ((you mentioned something about that before at the door))
(287) Vrondard: ((with the first mold zombie we saw))
Kha: ((In the other room due to the smell, the smell is less here so may not have the -1. he didnt say though))
(272) DM: (normal save)
(272) DM: (in the previous room its at -1)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d10] -> [9,8] = (17)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4] -> [4] = (4)
(272) DM: Chunks of flesh spray outwards, though the creature gives no hint of having been injured. (21, Norf)
(287) Vrondard: (well lets get Aggie to roll when she 'comes to")
(274) Agatha: ((I'm here. I just whispered the save))
** (273) Norfirion glances around the situation before withdrawing his hands from his spellpouch. He glares at the zombie in front of him and concentrates as he utters 3 quick sylabbles of magic and extends a hand as 3 darts of pale light dart towards the creature. (Casting magic missle defensively) **
(273) Norfirion: Skill: Concentration [1d20+13] -> [15,13] = (28)
(273) Norfirion: Magic Missile [3d4+3] -> [3,4,4,3] = (14) pts of Force damage
** (273) Norfirion then tries to manuever himself out of the way. (Taking my move action). **
(273) Norfirion: (AoOs)
Kha: ((One or up to 3 depending on the path you took))
(273) Norfirion: (through vrond's square diag)
(273) Norfirion: (so 1 i presume)
Kha: ((Ya))
(272) DM: (1? k.)
(272) DM: (so 5 attacked you?)
(273) Norfirion: (4)
(275) Git: (no one could reach you at vronard's space. I think you're mistaking kha for an undead)
Kha: ((4 gets an AOO on Norf))
(272) DM: (k)
(272) DM: The bolts of light pierce the creature's flesh in a few places, causing it to partially implode as spores burst into the air around it.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] -> [5] = (5)
(272) DM: The creature shuffles to Norfirion, and grabs the mage's throat, though in Norf's haste to move away the creature's hand breaks off, releasing a cloud of spores into the air. (AC 18, 5 damage, Fort save)
(273) Norfirion: Saves: Fortitude: [1d20+5+0.] -> [2,5,0.0] = (7.0)
(273) Norfirion: oopns sorry
(273) Norfirion: Saves: Fortitude: [1d20+5+0] -> [1,5,0] = (6)
(273) Norfirion: heh worse
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4] -> [2] = (2)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10] -> [3] = (3)
(272) DM: (14, Git)
(275) Git: (does norf get away?)
(273) Norfirion: (yeah i just took dmg)
** (275) Git pulls out his bow and steadies a quick arrow on the minion norf just blasted **
(275) Git: Shortbow Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [11,8] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
** (273) Norfirion coughs as he fans the air around him. "Bastard..." **
(275) Git: :then takes a 5' step back to safer position
(275) Git: "Norf... you alright?" (done)
(272) DM: The creature collapses.
(273) Norfirion: "I'll manage."
(272) DM: (13, Kha)
** Kha sees the mold float off the zombie and quickly wraps a heavy peice of cloth around his face that normaly is part of his head wrap, then pulls out his Holy Symbol and calls for the Minions of Set to die or flee **
Kha: "Oneiros, Time Lord, Grant me power over Aponia to send these creatures back to the grave!"
Kha: [1d20+1] -> [15,1] = (16)
Kha: [2d6+2+1] -> [4,5,2,1] = (12)
(278) StuffGuy (exit): 00:16
(296) StuffGuy (enter): 00:16
(272) DM: As Kha's chant goes off, several of the creatures fall to the ground, releasing spores of mold into the air.
(273) Norfirion: "Nice human." *he notes to Kha.*
(272) DM: One zombie remains.
(272) DM: (12, Vron)
** (287) Vrondard runs around and attacks the thing **
Kha: "These are weak"
(287) Vrondard: (done)
(275) Git: "They're also disgusting. But lets not hold it against them."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [8,2] = (10)
** (287) Vrondard spring attacks... ending up not near it **
(287) Vrondard: (done... have to start using that more)
(272) DM: It shuffles forward to Agatha, and tries to claw her eyes out. (AC 10, miss)
(272) DM: (21, Norf)
** (273) Norfirion moves clear out of range around the side of the room to get sight of the creature then delays, hoping the others to finish the beast off so he doesnt have to expend spells on the worthless creature. **
(273) Norfirion: (done)
(272) DM: (21, Ag)
** (274) Agatha coughs a bit as she slices at the last one ((full attack)) **
(274) Agatha: [1d20+4+6+4] -> [19,4,6,4] = (33)
(274) Agatha: [1d12+6+4] -> [3,6,4] = (13)
(274) Agatha: second attack: [1d20+4+1+4] -> [19,4,1,4] = (28)
(274) Agatha: [1d12+6+4] -> [7,6,4] = (17) dmg
(287) Vrondard: ((its dead jim))
(272) DM: The creature splits apart, releasing spores into the air as it dies. (Fort)
(274) Agatha: fort save [1d20+10] -> [3,10] = (13)
(287) Vrondard: ((someone didn't eat her Wheaties))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4] -> [3] = (3)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10] -> [8] = (8)
(287) Vrondard: ((fort save for Kha and Git? lets continue the punishment!))
(272) DM: (yes, if they're within 5')
(275) Git: Fortitude save: [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24)
Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20)
(275) Git: (such is my will not to be infected by zombie spores(
** (274) Agatha coughs violently as she inhales the toxic spores. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10] -> [4] = (4)
(274) Agatha: "Oh..cough...those things are nasty..cough, cough."
** (275) Git hacks violently at the stench, pulling away. " Evey-huck... everyone altight? hagk hoff,,," **
** Kha caughs a few times clearing the spores away from him **
(287) Vrondard: "bah... shake it off... but not on me... might be bad fer me beard"
** (287) Vrondard looks a little apprehensive **
(275) Git: "Alright... coff cofff.... my theory was way off.... next try?"
Kha: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [17,5] = (22)
** (273) Norfirion shakes his robes and cleans himself. **
(287) Vrondard: "better let me handle em all"
** (273) Norfirion hobbles back over to the others. **
(273) Norfirion: "Or deal with them at range."
** Kha puts his Holy Symbol back **
(287) Vrondard: "just stay away... yeah like that"
** (273) Norfirion removes a bottle from his pack and uncorks in taking a drink before placing it back in his pack. **
** (274) Agatha clears her throat. "Akhem. Good idea." **
** (274) Agatha turns to Kha. "Kha do you have any more of those blasts in you?" **
(287) Vrondard: "alright... no reason not to continue"
Kha: "Well the pools only work if you worship Set, and we know what happens if you are not as Git demonstrated"
(275) Git: :shrug: "So I'm not religious. Too bad."
(287) Vrondard: ((we are in #8 from room #6))
** (273) Norfirion nods. "So that seems an unlikely canidate. I could try a dispel on the doors, but the enchantment seemed awfully strong. I doubt it would be effective at my strength." **
Kha: "To destory the undead? Only if they are very weak"
(275) Git: :shakes his head to Norf: "Then the magic would be gone but the door would still be sealed. Don't you have the Knock spell handy?"
** (273) Norfirion shakes his head. "You told me not to prepare any with you around when we were first aquainted." **
** (273) Norfirion smiles. **
(275) Git: "I wonder if the doorman counts as a follower of set..."
(275) Git: :to norf: "You never listen. All I said was don't waste it until it's necessary"
(272) DM: ((you're in area 4))
** (273) Norfirion shrugs. "Arguing isn't going to get us anywhere at this point." **
** Kha goes over to the door and presses the red eyes to see if that works again **
** (275) Git pulls a sunrod and heads back into room 2 to to see if the doorman is still there. Then draws back the tapestry to chamber 3 to look inside for the moldy oldies **
(287) Vrondard: ((ok i saw the jars in #8 and thought those were the pools))
(272) DM: The chamber is empty.
(272) DM: (which door, Kha?)
(275) Git: (chamber 3 you mean?)
Kha: ((The one to room 6))
(272) DM: Nothing happens. (to Kha)
** Kha Shrugs "Vrondard you want to hack this door down?" **
** (287) Vrondard takes a running smash against the door... [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11) trying to burst it open **
(287) Vrondard: "garrrr... ungggh"
** (287) Vrondard hits it with a lot of clatter and not a lot else **
(273) Norfirion: "What about trying the same thing Agatha said at the other door?"
(274) Agatha: "Kinda redundant don't you think?"
(287) Vrondard: "cam
(287) Vrondard: "can't hurt none me thinks"
(274) Agatha: "Then again, they are mindless zombies..."
** (275) Git strolls back into room 4, looking about at his comrades. "Not open yet?" **
** (273) Norfirion shakes his head in response to Git. **
** (287) Vrondard recovers from the collision **
** (274) Agatha walks up to the door. "The place is set the time is now." **
(275) Git: :steps up to the pools, eyeing them curiously. "So... a follower of Set walks through the pools in order and supposedly the doors open.. right?"
(272) DM: Nothing seems to happen.
whispering to StuffGuy, heheh
Kha: "Yes thats how it is saposed to work Git"
(273) Norfirion: "We could drag that zombie in the correct order through it." *jokes*
(275) Git: "What's the order? From the murals I thought it was green, red then amber."
(287) Vrondard: "yep could try that... looks for a remnant of the zombies"
Kha: "That may work Norf"
** (273) Norfirion shrugs. "Perhaps." **
(287) Vrondard: "might be that be good enough" he looks around
Kha: "Ya thats the correct order Git"
(287) Vrondard: (there an arm or leg remaining?)
(272) DM: (yes)
** (287) Vrondard stabs it with his javelin (marshmallow on a stick) **
(274) Agatha: "Be careful of the mold."
(287) Vrondard: "eeeew"
(287) Vrondard: (he tries to be 'non-vigorous' about it)
(287) Vrondard: Accomplishing that... he drags the limb thru the green... red and then amber pools...
(272) DM: You hear a click.
(272) DM: The door opens of its own accord, slightly.
(287) Vrondard: "well I'd be a Goblin with a long beard... ita verked"
** Kha tries to open the door the rest of the way **
(275) Git: "Who says dead men can't open doors?"
(287) Vrondard: "part o' a body only gets you part of the way... tis only fair"
Kha: ((AFK phone))
(274) Agatha: "I thought it was 'dead men tell no tales'."
(275) Git: "That's a completely different saying"
(287) Vrondard: "a rollin stone grows no moss... too bad that aint true fer zombies and dis icky mold"
(272) DM: You hear laughter coming from within the chamber next door.
(275) Git: (familiar sounding laughter?)
(272) DM: (Int check)
(275) Git: Int check: [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
(275) Git: (is the door open enough to slip through?)
(274) Agatha: "Hmph. Maybe he'd like to share a quote."
(273) Norfirion: (sorry was checkin food)
(272) DM: (yes)
(273) Norfirion: "Hmpf, guess I was right afterall. How ironic."
(273) Norfirion: (did all of us hear that voice?)
(272) DM: (yes)
(273) Norfirion: Ability Score Check: Intelligence [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
(273) Norfirion: (I'll try and see if the voice is familar as well)
(273) Norfirion: "The water bearer."
Kha: ((Back))
** (275) Git moves to peek into the next room **
** (273) Norfirion perks and eye and begins to shuffle towards the door keeping some distance however. **
(273) Norfirion: "Be careful Aragit."
(272) DM: You hear an agonized scream in the distance.
(272) DM: It's as if someone is in great pain.
(272) Voice: Come to meddle in affairs not of your concern, outlander? (evil laughter)
(275) Git: "It is our favorite passtime."
(272) Voice: She is lost to you, and soon we shall rise to rule. The place is Set and no men but we know the time of our triumph. (laughter)
Kha: "Fate made it my concern"
(274) Agatha: "I guess that's our cue."
(272) Voice: Enter then, and die.
** (275) Git looks around for the speaker **
(287) Vrondard: "hmmm watch out..."
** Kha tries to pull the door open **
(273) Norfirion: "Just a minute before we rush in there.."
** (273) Norfirion whispers. "I have a spell that I can try to view the area, maybe get an eye up on whats inside before we go charging inside." **
(272) Voice: The door is quite heavy but takes a bit of time to move...
(272) DM: (oops)
(287) Vrondard: "well hurry up wid yer acursed spells demoncaster"
(273) Norfirion: "Hmmm but it takes several minutes to cast, its up to you if we have the time or to act now."
(287) Vrondard: "aint got all day... me axe got a date with killin"
** (273) Norfirion shrugs. "Fair enough." **
(275) Git: "We'll move into the next room, prep your spell to check the rooms beyond while we look"
(287) Vrondard: "or unkillin... aint knowing what is yonder"
(287) Vrondard: "cept somebody that shouldnt be laughin at me"
** Kha continues pulling open the door **
(272) DM: Chanting commences.
** (273) Norfirion listens closely. **
(273) Norfirion: Skill: Spellcraft [1d20+16] -> [17,16] = (33)
(287) Vrondard: "oy...what r doin?"
** (275) Git squeezes through the door and strolls into room 6, figuring they're already being watched, and looks around and listens for the origin of the chanting **
(287) Vrondard: "goina get the leg up on us"
(274) Agatha: "Someone get in there and stop him before he casts the spell!"
** (287) Vrondard presses forward.. shoving Kha out of the way if necessary **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23)
(287) Vrondard: "gangway... comin thru"
(272) TaliesinNYC: Two rows of thick pillars covered with chaotic designs support the 50' tall ceiling of this hall. At the north end of the chamber is a huge stone idol of a man with the sneering head of a jackal. The eyes of the idol look like large red gems. The idol's hands rest on his knees. Before the massive idol, a pit 10' across glows with a pulsating red light.
(287) Vrondard: "clear the tunnels... arm the stonethrowers and grab yer axe"
** (275) Git heads quickly for the pit, drawing his bow and arrow **
(287) Vrondard: "Vrondards itchin fer a fight and thats a fact"
(275) Git: :ready to fire for the first creep that comes in sight:
(272) DM: There is an entry to the east. (to 8) There is a door to the SW. (to 7) There is a passage to the SE. (to 11) The room is otherwise empty, save for Git.
** (287) Vrondard will get in front of Git... and the Idol **
** (287) Vrondard will listen if he doesnt' see a threat **
(272) DM: The interior of the pit glows with an unnatural crimson light.
(287) Vrondard: "bah!"
** (273) Norfirion follows in carefuly as he looks around. **
** Kha looks around for the old man **
(273) Norfirion: "Whatever it was, it wasn't arcane in nature. Could you tell what it was he cast Kha?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1+7] -> [20,1,7] = (28)
** (274) Agatha pushes her way in and notices the pit. **
** (287) Vrondard approaches the base of the statue **
** (275) Git keeps running to the pit. Someday he will reach it **
** (273) Norfirion strolls over to the pit and raises his staff as he detects magic, first scanning the pit itself, then eventually the whole room as he rotates. **
Kha: "I was not listening to him"
(272) Voice: Halt in the name of the One!
** (272) Old Man becomes visible, sending forth a gray ray of light at Vrondard. **
(275) Git: "The One what?"
(287) Vrondard: "bah!"
(273) Norfirion: "Vrondard! "
** Kha turns on the now visable old man and attacks **
** (274) Agatha roars as she follows Kha. **
** (272) Old Man frowns visibly, muttering. **
(272) DM: You see the water bearer, only he isn't stooped as you had seen him before. An elderly man yet filled with hate, standing straight, one hand on an unholy symbol of Set and the other in the midst of a warding motion at Kha. He's armed with a mace amidst his desert robes.
** (287) Vrondard will respond with unkind actions **
(272) DM: (init)
(275) Git: [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
** Kha says as menacing as posible "You should have stoped when I told you too" **
Kha: Intimidate Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
(273) Norfirion: Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [19,7] = (26)
Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] -> [19,7] = (26)
(274) Agatha: init: [1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12)
(287) Vrondard: Kha / Norf / Vron / Agatha / Git
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
(272) DM: (26, Norf)
(273) Norfirion: sec checking something
(287) Vrondard: ping gave me: Ping Results: 977.3 ms (parsed message, round trip)
(287) Vrondard: (ignore what i said up there ooc)
(287) Vrondard: (well Kha can go as well whil Norf is busy... same init)
** (273) Norfirion glares at the old man as he withdraws a small amber rod and a piece of rabit fur. He rubs the fur on the tip of the rod and extends it as a bolt of crackling lightining emerges and blasts towards the old man. (Casting Lightning bolt, I'll use my free Maximize attempt from sudden maximize) **
(287) Vrondard: (though it would be better for Norf to get off a spell first... ha)
(273) Norfirion: Ref Save, DC18
(273) Norfirion: 36 electrical damage
** Kha moves to attack the old man **
Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [10,10] = (20) ===> Damage: [2d12+4] -> [1,6,4] = (11)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [5,8] = (13)
(287) Vrondard: (Git and Vron are 'near' him... so aim carefully)
(273) Norfirion: its a 5' line, so i figured i could get that in easily with a move if necessary
(272) DM: (miss)
(273) Norfirion: 120' long
(287) Vrondard: (course you can fire over Vrons head)
** (272) Old Man fails to leap out of the way of the bolt, and is thrown back to the base of the statue, crumpling in a heap. **
(272) DM: (critical)
** (273) Norfirion seems surprised as his anger over took him, but somewhat impressed at his spell, not expecting such good results. **
** (272) Old Man coughs up blood and glances up with a fearful look in his eyes. **
(272) DM: (22, the Old Man)
** (272) Old Man stands up, snarls at Norf and leaps into the pit. **
(272) DM: (AOO if you wish)
** Kha attacks the man as he is leaping **
Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [16,10] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d12+4] -> [6,7,4] = (17)
(287) Vrondard: ((you could have nailed him for standing up as well))
(272) DM: (hit)
(272) DM: You're unsure how injured he is, though you can be sure that his injuries are grievous. The "old man" quickly disappears into the depths of the pit.
** (273) Norfirion approaches the others near the pit as he stows the fur and rob back in his spell components pouch, **
(273) Norfirion: "Like fleas on a dog's back"
** Kha looks down into the pit **
(273) Norfirion: "I don't think he'll be very happy next time we encounter him."
** (274) Agatha walks up to the pit and looks over the edge. **
** (275) Git examines the pit thoughtfully **
(287) Vrondard: "hmmm think he tried to give me something.. farking evil son of a fiendish rat"
(272) DM: All that can be seen is a crimson glow from within.
(274) Agatha: "So much for keeping him alive."
(272) DM: Chanting can be heard from within the pit however.
** (287) Vrondard checks to see his beard is unharmed **
(275) Git: "hmmm...." :closes his eyes and listens to the chanting, trying to aim his bow by it
(274) Agatha: "Aww shite. How does a man live through that?"
** Kha listes to the chanting **
Kha: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
** Kha jumps down into the pid figuring if the man can survive the fall with how injured he was he can as well **
Kha: ((*pit))
(272) DM: (ok....lol)
(274) Agatha: "Kha!"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [10d6] -> [5,2,5,5,5,2,3,1,4,1] = (33)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [15d6] -> [2,3,2,5,2,6,6,3,5,6,5,6,3,1,4] = (59)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [5d6] -> [6,3,5,4,1] = (19)
** (273) Norfirion shakes his head. **
Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+8] -> [13,8] = (21)
(273) Norfirion: "This isn't good."
(275) Git: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28)
(275) Git: :eyes closed, he lets the arrow fly
(275) Git: Shortbow Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
(275) Git: (ooo... crit,, hope that hits so I can try for the threat)
(287) Vrondard: ((well he has 100% conceilment so you have a 50% chance of missing at any rate))
** Kha screams as he hits the bottom **
(272) DM: Kha jumps into the pit and disappears, screaming as he strikes the bottom.
** (273) Norfirion grimaces at the sound. **
(274) Agatha: "Oh gods..."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] -> [89] = (89)
(287) Vrondard: "I don't think I would have done that"
(275) Git: Shortbow Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [14,8] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
** Kha tries to heal his wounds **
Kha: "Oneiros, The Lord of Fate, I beg of you, plead with Teleute that these wounds not be fatal."
Kha: ((Gain [1d8+1] -> [8,1] = (9)HP))
(274) Agatha: "Oneiros, if you're going to step in for your boy, now would be a good time."
Kha: "Oneiros, The Lord of Fate, I beg of you, plead with Teleute that these wounds not be fatal."
Kha: ((Gain [1d8+1] -> [8,1] = (9)HP))
(275) Git: :eyes pop open at the sound of kha's screams: "What the f....?"
Kha: "Oneiros, The Lord of Fate, I beg of you, plead with Teleute that these wounds not be fatal."
Kha: ((Gain [1d8+1] -> [4,1] = (5)HP))
(287) Vrondard: "Norfirion... better ruin this pit of hell er something..."
** Kha looks around the pit then sits down **
(287) Vrondard: "was it the fall or whats in the pit Kha!" reaches the edge
(275) Git: :asks of kha: "What'd he do?"
(272) Old Man: And you....I will leave you for now, but we will meet again.
(272) DM: You can clearly hear the old man speaking from somewhere within the pit, but he seems to be addressing Kha.
** Kha tries to call back up "He is on a ledge, the pit is deep, very deep...Ahhg Man I think I broke just about every bone in my body. I had a bone sicking out of my leg but I have manage to mend some of my wounds" **
(275) Git: "Which side is the ledge on?"
(287) Vrondard: "Git gets some rope... lets tie it around this pole"
(287) Vrondard: "well he jumped in on this side"
(287) Vrondard: "and that farking bastard jumped on the other"
** Kha looks up at the old man, "You are still within my range old man" **
** (287) Vrondard circles around... to where the old man jumped from **
** (273) Norfirion paces about trying to figure out what approach to take. **
Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25)
** (287) Vrondard starts to climb down as long as its not a smooth surface **
(272) DM: (ONLY Kha should be rolling init)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
** (274) Agatha digs into her pack for some rope. **
** (275) Git reaches for the rope strapped under his pack, unfurls it and throws an end to aggy before heading over to the side of the pit the old man jumpoed in on. **
(272) DM: (old man jumped near the north side of the pit)
** (274) Agatha grabs onto Git's rope and holds on tight. **
** (273) Norfirion shakes his head. "I knew I should have prepared a spell of flight, I didn't think it necessary in an underground facility like this." **
(275) Git: "Aggy... please hold me tight. I don't feel much like dropping." :takes a breath, wraps the rope around his arm, pulls a dagger and leaps in from the point that the Water Bearer did.. hoping he hits ledge.
** Kha looks at the Old man on the ledge and thrusts his spear in the mans direction as a lighting bolt leaps off the end of the spear doing [5d10] -> [9,7,9,7,6] = (38) damage "Die old man" **
(287) Vrondard: ((ha there wont be enough room on the ledge if we all go))
(287) Vrondard: ((well you guys are fooling around with ropes... im not so i should go 'first'))
(272) DM: You hear a loud explosion coming from the depths of the pit and an angry scream.
(275) Git: (yeah.. but you're climbing.. I'm taking the fast and reckless way)
(287) Vrondard: Vrondard might get pelted with a few pebbles from that (he's above the water bearer on the edge) depending on how far down the ledge is
** (274) Agatha hangs on for dear life. **
(287) Vrondard: ((you guys are getting rope out this round... tying it to something at best))
** Kha shouts "He has transformed himself to smoke" **
(287) Vrondard: ((of course Kha did cast those spells... so that would be a few rounds))
(272) DM: You can see smoke rising into the air as Git descends.
** (287) Vrondard will pursue and attack as best he can **
** Kha calls up "Stop him if you can" **
** (273) Norfirion readies a magic missile for the first sign of the smoke as it rises out of the pit. **
** Kha looks at the walls of the pit to see how hard it would be to climb out **
Kha: Int check: [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
(274) Agatha: "Nnn...Just how the hell are we supposed to hurt a cloud of smoke?"
(272) DM: It's a smooth, stone lined pit.
(287) Vrondard: "bah just swipe it"
** (287) Vrondard is at the edge (he did not try to climb down a smooth surface) **
** (287) Vrondard will hack at the smoke or throw a javelin at it if he cant reach it from melee **
(272) DM: (45 minute warning)
** (273) Norfirion will launch a magic missile at it as well if he can view it as he peers into the pit from room 6. **
(272) DM: (14, Vron)
(287) Vrondard: "take this you demonspawn dog!"
(287) Vrondard: (jav or axe?)
(272) DM: It's (the smoke) slowly rising from the pit...
(275) Git: "Aggy! I'm coming back up.. hold on!"
(273) Norfirion: (I've got a ready action, so whenver its visible from my spot, I'll cast my spell)
(287) Vrondard: ((open is not letting DM see my actions... why the delay))
(272) DM: The smoke is at surface level.
** (273) Norfirion moves his hands quicky as he inotes a spell and extends his fingers towards the wispy mass letting loose 3 darts of magical pale energy. **
(273) Norfirion: Magic Missile [3d4+3] -> [2,1,1,3] = (7) pts of force damage. (Strikes incorporeals)
(272) DM: The smoke dissipates, as a smoldering corpse falls to the bottom of the pit.
(273) Norfirion: "Thank the goddess." *he mutters to himself*
** Kha moves to the south end of the pit to avoid the falling body **
(287) Vrondard: "ha I got the bugger!"
(287) Vrondard: (Vron had thrown a javelin at it)
(273) Norfirion: (dead is dead, i dont care who did it heh)
** (275) Git climbs back out of the pit. "Well.. guess he won't be telling us where the girl is" **
** Kha looks at the corpse as it hits the bottom "I told you you should have stoped when I told you to" **
(287) Vrondard: ((make Kha dodge the falling body or suffer 10d6 damage))
(274) Agatha: "Guess not. But at least he won't be reporting back to the boss."
(272) DM: ((you hear that, DJ? lol. Reflex.))
Kha: Reflex save: [1d20+10] -> [20,10] = (30)
(274) Agatha: "That should gain us some advantage. At least no more ambushes."
(273) Norfirion: "From him anyways."
Kha: ((Dead body starts falling as I am watching the smoke fly away, Ya I think I move out of the way =P))
** (275) Git pulls up his rope and borrows aggy's to lash to it. "We're gonna need some extra length to get to Kha down there" **
(274) Agatha: "Were you able to see him?"
(275) Git: "Depends who you mean"
** Kha starts looking over the body, removing the old mans Holy Symbol and putting it in his pack **
** (275) Git removes a long cloth from his own robes to attach to the end of the rope and tosses the line down to Kha **
(274) Agatha: "Kha, of course. I think we all saw the other one."
Kha: "You have that rope secured up there I am about to start climbing back out and I do not want to fall again"
(275) Git: :calls down to kha: "Are you coming up or not? if you're too weak, just tie to your wiasts and we'll pull you up."
** (273) Norfirion keeps an eye out for company watching the other exits to the room as Agatha and Git assit in Kha's rescue. **
** Kha tugs on the rope a few time making sure it is secure then starts climbing back up slowly and carfuly **
** (274) Agatha works the line around a pillar to form a better anchor. **
(272) DM: Eventually, Kha makes it out of the pit, wearily.
(275) Git: "Well.. that was annoying enough."
** Kha laies down on the floor as he gets out, clutching hid ribs **
(287) Vrondard: "hmmm and I was thinkin of comin after ya"
(275) Git: "Are you going to be alright, Kha?"
** (273) Norfirion returns to the pit and offers Kha a hand to support himself. **
(287) Vrondard: "good thing I came to me senses"
(273) Norfirion: "Yes, gods forbid the whole lot of us jumped down there."
Kha: "I should be fine as long as I dont go jumping in any more pits like that again"
(287) Vrondard: "we goin to go and see if he's got any good stuff on im?"
(275) Git: "We can only hope."
(287) Vrondard: "wasn't yer avrage bloke"
(273) Norfirion: "A little weary, but a tad wiser nonetheless eh?"
Kha: "He had some poor quality mace, and some leather armor and some scrolls I have not looked at yet."
** (275) Git heads down to try some more familiar work, searching and listening to the door to room 7 **
** (274) Agatha sees to setting Kha's battered bones. **
(273) Norfirion: "Well you're alive, so thats all that matters. I was worried you'd just became a red stain down there."
(287) Vrondard: "bah"
Kha: "There is a large red stain down there due to me. I had bones poking though my legs in several places"
(274) Agatha: "Aye, what the hell were you thinking pulling a crazy stunt like that. You're lucky you weren't killed."
Kha: "Only the will of Oneiros let me live"
(273) Norfirion: "Well Oneiros smiled upon you surely this time. I wouldn't tempt fate again like that."
(274) Agatha: "Aye, even a god can only have so much patience."
Kha: "I was thinking that if the old man could survie the fall that I could as well. I did not realize he had landed on a ledge untill I fell past him"
(274) Agatha: ((rofl))
(273) Norfirion: "And quite a shock that was I imagine, those few moments before you hit must have been hell."
Kha: "The main shock came as I fell though the illusionary floor, and hit the real one another fifty feet below"
(273) Norfirion: "Did the old man have anything interesting on his body? Something we may need perhaps in this place? I'd hate to have to send one of us back down there to recover something from his corpse."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [4,13] = (17)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28)
** Kha pulls his pack off and gets the scroll case out **
Kha: "Lets see whats on the scrolls he had"
** (273) Norfirion nods. **
** Kha looks over each of the scrolls to see what they contain **
** (273) Norfirion examines them along with the battered Kha. **
(274) Agatha: "Bah. I've got absolutely nothing to set these bones with.
(287) Vrondard: "yep keys or somethin like em would be nice"
(273) Norfirion: "What exactly do you need Agatha?" * he inquires from his examiniation of the scrolls*
Kha: "Dont worry about them Agatha, I did what I could after I fell and realized I was still alive."
(272) TaliesinNYC: Scroll 1: Thurnas:

I do not accept that you do not know where the princess is. If you cannot provide proof of her whereabouts, our friends will be forced to cease shipments to you, which means we will need to put our plan into place sooner than we intended.

See to it that she is recovered, so that all may proceed.

Yours in Lolth,

Corga

(274) Agatha: "I need something hard and flat to keep the bones from moving. If I had some wood planks, bark, sticks, something..."
(287) Vrondard: "could use zombie bones"
(287) Vrondard: "bout all we gots"
(275) Git: "Guess Kha's head doesn't count"
(273) Norfirion: "I have some bolts for my crossbow. Will that suffice?"
(274) Agatha: "The bones will have to do. We can't afford to give up the bolts."
(272) TaliesinNYC: Scroll 2: My lord:

We have not been able to discover the location of Her Highness.

Do not fear, I have a plan to strike soon, and then we will be able to return to the old ways and cast out the followers of the Grand Caliph. Know that you will be doing the right thing, for is it not written by the hand of Set that the strong shall overcome the weak? Your father's time is past. Now is the time to strike.

Yours in the hand of darkness,

Corga

(274) Agatha: "In any case, you won't be walking around for a while."
(275) Git: "Could dismantle a door:"
(273) Norfirion: "Ummm I don't know if I'd use those things with the poison that was on them."
(273) Norfirion: "Especially with them being so close to his wounds."
Kha: "Use some of my arrows, I do not use my bow offten"
(274) Agatha: "Damn, you're right Norf."
(273) Norfirion: "Just use the bolts. Kha has more use of his bow than I do of my crossbow."
** (273) Norfirion reaches around in his pack and hands Agatha his boltcase, containing a score of bolts. **
(274) Agatha: "Seeing as I've yet to a wooden door in this dump, the arrow are as good as we can get."
** (275) Git opens the door to 7, dagger in hand. "Eeewww..." **
** (274) Agatha rips of strips of cloth from her robes and sets to work on Kha's wounds. **
(275) Git: :heads inside:
(274) Agatha: heal check: [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25)
(287) Vrondard: ((lets stop here before we get into any new rooms))
(272) TaliesinNYC: (ok)
(287) Vrondard: ((though i guess #7 wont alter much))
(272) TaliesinNYC: This 20' square room is sparsely furnished with three sets of rude desks and beds, and three small chests.

It's also the scene of a slaughter, as three corpses and their remains litter the room.

(287) Vrondard: ((since that is on this side of the room.. hahahaa))
(272) DM: (ok, we'll stop here then)
** Kha rolls the scrolls back up and puts them away while Agatha tends to his leg **
Attempting to DISABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now unmoderated


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms