Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
4 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
4 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Tolmara Logs


Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(780) DM: (you're in location 1)
(815) Kha (enter): 23:52
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (815) Kha...
(780) DM: (speak of the devil)
(780) DM: (let's start. anyone need a recap?)
(815) Kha: ((Sorry I had to format my computer and forgot to DL Python before I did))
(777) Git: Hai!
(777) Git: Be happy, at least your groin is secure.
(783) Agatha: ((BTW, DJ now stands for Duffman Jr.))
(815) Kha: ((If I remember corectly Brasht just left after we beat the stone dude. Now we need to find the Rod and Gem))
(806) Zane (exit): 23:55
(783) Agatha: ((I think we also sprang some thugs free.))
(815) Kha: ((Oh ya thats right Kha was sorting the thugs))
(777) Git: (aye, we are the great liberators.
(777) Git: (now we can use them as fodder to check for traps
(815) Kha: ((The bad ones anyways))
** (792) Vrondard is ready **
(783) Agatha: ((I thought you guys wanted to get them outta here as fast as possible.))
** (777) Git is ready to sacrifice some losers **
(815) Kha: ((Was not Kha's choice to free then, he wanted to leave them))
(780) DM: (you left them)
(780) DM: (so you're at location 1 now)
** (777) Git looks around, trying to remember what room 1 was **
(815) Kha: ((We came out of the pool or pit ir what ever it is?))
(777) Git: (I was guessing wae came through tunnel 3, but, ok
(792) Vrondard: ((sort of clueless so lead on... figure we would go to #2 at this point))
** (777) Git goes to work on the one visible door. (search listen) **
(780) TaliesinNYC: You appear in an octagonal room, 30 feet across. The walls rise 55' overhead to a brilliantly lit dome. A large waterfall cascades down the south wall from the mouth of a gigantic carved lions' head, hung just below the lip of a ledge that encircles the room 30 feet up. The water splashes into a large pool, empties into a stream, and flows through the north entrance. The splashing water is quite noisy.

Four palm trees grow next to the pool. Their tops are nearly level with a ledge 30' above. Nestled in the lush greenery of their fronds grow several pineapple-like fruits.

Identical granite altars stand on the east and west sides of the pool.

Wooden doorways, banded in bronze, lead from the east and west walls.

You regain your sense of orientation and direction.

The distinct odor of rotting flesh assails your nostrils.

(780) DM: (that was a description of room 8 below)
(780) DM: When you ascended through the altar's magical field (remember that? (which btw is still operating)), you entered a circular chamber surrounding a perimeter ledge. There was a stone door at one end of the chamber, and a rough hewn passageway leading into the pyramid. (You met the gnome, Fizzig at location 3.)
(777) Git: (hai hai)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [7,8] = (15)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [10,14] = (24)
(777) Git: (I already miss that gnome)
(815) Kha: ((Ok))
whispering to Git, no traps
whispering to Git, that you can detect anyway
whispering to Git, however you hear a loud thundering noise
** (815) Kha floats around the edge of the room enjoying himself while Git works on the door **
(792) Vrondard: ((ok so room 8 is where we floated up))
(777) Git: "A lot of noise in the next room, probably more waterfalls, but, be on your toes."
(792) Vrondard: "buggers gots to be something dead from the smell I smells"
** (777) Git tries to get the door unlocked(if it isn't already) **
(783) Agatha: "It's a tomb, Vrondard. It smells dead everywhere."
(792) Vrondard: "bah!"
(792) Vrondard: "I knows what I'm smelling"
(792) Vrondard: "some creepy shambling things abouts here I tells ya"
(792) Vrondard: "Kha will be tellin ya in short order as well If'n I be right"
** (815) Kha looks over at Vrondard **
(792) Vrondard: "Well ancha?"
(777) Git: "Well.. It's open." :checks to make sure everyone is ready before trying to get the stone door open:
(780) DM: The door opens gently, inwards. Beyond is a dark passageway leading into the tomb. There is a slight incline in the floor.
(780) DM: You can see that the passage splits into two directions, left and right. A loud, thundering, rushing sound can be heard in the distance.
** (777) Git looks into the darkness, "Boogedy boo." He takes out a sunrod and tindertwig, quickly ingniting the former before proceeding up the hall **
(792) Vrondard: "what do you think Git?"
(792) Vrondard: "ya get a bad feelin let me know and I'll go first"
(777) Git: "I think I'm sick of this place."
** (792) Vrondard peers into the darkness past the light of the sunrod **
** (777) Git continus into the hall past vronard, up toward the split "See any shamblies?" **
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(815) Kha' from server... Removing dead client
(815) Kha (exit): 00:19
(783) Agatha: "So which way will it be?"
** (777) Git heads for the right side first, examining doorway there **
(823) Kha (enter): 00:20
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (823) Kha...
(780) DM: It ends at a stone door.
** (777) Git gives the door the general listen and search **
** (823) Kha ajusts his grip on Vontaros **
** (792) Vrondard sniffs the air... **
(792) Vrondard: (he always seems ready)
** (777) Git hums along rather calmly as he works **
(780) DM: It's quite damp smelling, as if mold grew here.
** (823) Kha snorts to clear the smell knowing that it wont help **
(777) Git: :To vron: "I don't see why you're uncomfortable. It smells just like your feet in here."
(792) Vrondard: "bah more things to worry about... more stink"
(792) Vrondard: "watch yerself... I'm the one that'll be savin yer hide if something jumps ya"
** (777) Git makes a cursory search for traps before opening the stone door. **
** (823) Kha Consentrates a moment and draws power threw Vontaros into himself **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [14,14] = (28)
** (777) Git pushes the door open and heads into the next room **
(780) DM: The sound of rushing, falling water can be heard beyond, and floods out into the passage.
(825) Lorellus (enter): 00:34
** (823) Kha follows Git though the door **
** (792) Vrondard does as well **
(792) Vrondard: "more water... twould have never know it from lookin outside o this place"
(823) Kha: "Thats because this place is cursed, locking all the water into this tomb"
** (783) Agatha tries to keep the water out of her boots. "Aye, that's somethin' we're aiming ta fix." **
(780) DM: As you enter the chamber, suddenly, light floods the room, almost blinding you.
** (777) Git examines the walls surrounding the staircases, for missilslits or other visible oddities. Then he moves to search the steps themselves for triggers or pressure plates **
** (783) Agatha raises a hand to shield her eyes. **
(792) Vrondard: "gah!"
(783) Agatha: "What the hell was that?
(780) DM: This chamber seems to run to the very height of the pyramid. Slick, damp stone steps ascend from platform to platform. The top of the chamber rises 300' above you. At the top of the chamber stands a massive quartz statue of a fist.
** (823) Kha squints **
(792) Vrondard: "hmm I dont want to find the owner of that fist anytime soon"
(780) DM: Water crashes constantly from the top of the chamber, creating several waterfalls. You're unsure where the water goes, but there seems to be an endless amount.
** (823) Kha starts up the stairs **
(780) DM: At the top of the steps, a curtain of flames appears out of nowhere.
** (777) Git lets kha go first to see what happens **
(792) Vrondard: "water now fire..."
(792) Vrondard: "this aint going to be good"
** (792) Vrondard will follow but spread out away from Kha **
(783) Agatha: "When is it ever good?"
(792) Vrondard: "hardly ever"
** (823) Kha flinches then holds out his hand tword the fire to see if it is illusionary like the flame in the statue **
(823) Kha: Will save: [1d20+10] -> [11,10] = (21)
(823) Kha: "Well these flames are hot unlike the ones in the statue before, so I would guess they are real"
** (823) Kha takes a few steps back **
(792) Vrondard: "well then... whats the plan?"
(777) Git: "Uh huh." :moves back to serach the hinges of the stone door to determine how hard it would be to remove
(777) Git: (does the fire come from the floor or the cieling? and does it cover the whole length of the platform?
(780) DM: (floor to ceiling)
(780) DM: (it only bars passage from stairs to the next platform (2b))
(780) DM: (You can try to climb from platform to platform....if you're willing to risk drowning.)
(823) Kha: "Wonder if I can run though?"
(777) Git: (is it possible to remove the stone door from its hinges?)
(792) Vrondard: ((could help out with that))
(825) Lorellus (exit): 00:55
(783) Agatha: "I wouldn't try it, lad. If you catch, we can't get to ya."
(777) Git: "A fire and all this water. Where's a bucket when you need it?"
** (823) Kha looks around to find another way past, or a way to turn the fire off **
(780) DM: (sure. if you take 20)
(792) Vrondard: "could try redirecting rthe water somehow... put it out"
(792) Vrondard: "i could divert some wid me shield"
(780) DM: (as soon as you step off the stairs, the curtain disappears)
(777) Git: :To vronard: "Redirect a waterfall's too much of a project. Just help me rip the door out"
(823) Kha: "Well I guess water wont work, Git you want to see what triggered it?"
(792) Vrondard: "oy"
(792) Vrondard: "tis gone now"
(777) Git: "Walking up the stairs I presume."
(756) Elegard (enter): 00:59
(756) Elegard (exit): 00:59
** (777) Git goes to work on the stone door with his crowbar and dwarf laborer **
(823) Kha: "I guessed that much, I ment if you could disable it"
** (792) Vrondard helps out... **
(777) Git: "I dunno. magic traps are tricky, and I don't need anything blowing up in my face. I'd rather bypass them when possible"
** (823) Kha shrugs and goes back up skipping the first step **
(783) Agatha: "That doesn't make any sense. Why would anyone go through all that show if all you have to do is walk up to the fire?"
(777) Git: :shrug: "Aesthetic importance"
(780) DM: As soon as Kha steps on the stairs, a curtain of fire springs up at the top of the steps leading to the second platform.
** (823) Kha steps back off **
(823) Kha: "Guess that wont work"
** (777) Git keeps on prying and chiseling **
(792) Vrondard: "don't let it squish me Aggie"
(792) Vrondard: "what we going to use this as... a bridge over da steps?"
** (823) Kha moves over to the watter fall and feels how hard it is falling to determin how hard it would be to climb against it **
** (783) Agatha helps out with the door **
(823) Kha: "Dont think I could climb against that"
** (823) Kha decides to study the walls while Git is working **
(783) Agatha: "I thought you dwarves were used to working with stone."
(792) Vrondard: "yep working and getting crushed is two different things"
(777) Git: (ff through manula labor?)
(777) Git: (manual even*)
(780) DM: (eventually you manage to get the door off its hinges. quite heavy btw)
(780) DM: (remind me again where Halif and Wa'run are...if they're not with you)
(823) Kha: ((They should be with us now that we are not in the cavern))
(783) Agatha: ((Well we certainly aren't going to leave those two by themselves in this place.))
(777) Git: "Meet our new bridge. Vronard, Aggy, if you'd do the honors"
(792) Vrondard: "sure"
** (783) Agatha takes a look at all the stairs and groans. **
** (792) Vrondard moves it into place with Aggies help **
** (777) Git searches the wall on the first platform between the doors **
(783) Agatha: "You must be daft if you think we can haul this slab all the way up there."
** (823) Kha steps aside to let them move the door into position **
(783) Agatha: "Why don't you get to work on disarming the thing?"
(832) Benvolio (enter): 01:14
(832) Benvolio (exit): 01:14
(777) Git: "Between the four of us, we should be able to push one stone slab up the stairs
(830) Manic (enter): 01:15
(830) Manic (exit): 01:15
** (780) Halif shields Wa'run from the water, holding him back. **
** (792) Vrondard does just that and gets irritated at the delay **
(777) Git: (how much does the door weight by chance?)
(826) Exodus (enter): 01:17
** (823) Kha looks at Halif and shakes his head "And they think I am stange" **
(792) Vrondard: ((/me falls over dead from boredom))
(777) Git: "Everyone grab a corner and we carry it up. Lets go."
(833) Manic (enter): 01:18
** (792) Vrondard does so **
** (777) Git takes a back position **
(780) Halif: (enough so that it requires two or three of you to carry it up)
** (823) Kha takes a position near the back to keep away from the fire **
** (783) Agatha bears the brunt of the load as she helps work the slab up. **
(780) DM: (I need a Fort save from everyone who moves through the curtain of flames)
(777) Git: :when we've got it picked up, just head up the steps and try to put it in place as a bridge if it's coming from below or a canopy if from above:
(792) Vrondard: ((i think we were going to avoid the flames...))
(792) Vrondard: ((so what we are doing would put us in the flames?))
(780) DM: (hm)
(780) DM: (trying to imagine this. the flames extend from floor to ceiling)
(777) Git: (unless theiy're just free standing flames which wouldn't be effect at all by such a trick, in which case we just wasted time and energy. *sweatdrop* )
(783) Agatha: ((You've just placed yourself two axe-wielding maniacs capable of barbarian rages. Not a good idea))
(780) DM: (you're moving up the stairs using the door as a shield, correct?)
(777) Git: "Trick number two. slide the door onto the platform as far as it will go, so that most of its weight is up there and only a little length hangs out over the steps"
(823) Kha: ((I dont know what they were planing, I though we were going to put the door over the flames))
(777) Git: "Now the stone door is heavy enough to counter weight when someone stands on the exposed end, thus relieving their weight from the stairs"
(792) Vrondard: ((door is supposed to lean on the edges of the stairs... hopefully not activate the plates on the tread))
(826) Exodus (exit): 01:26
(792) Vrondard: ((or Gits way... some sort of drawbridge or diving board))
(792) Vrondard: ((which doesnt make much sense since we are below and not up))
(777) Git: (it sounds plausible, to me, for what it's worth)
(780) DM: (so what's going on folks?)
(777) Git: (we lay out the heavy ass stone door on the second platform with a foor or so hanging off over the stairs to step up on. When you step up off the stairs the fire goes out and you can cross. We'll have to go one at a time, not sure if it works though)
(777) Git: (Can't hurt to experiment...)
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(833) Manic' from server... Removing dead client
(833) Manic (exit): 01:29
(792) Vrondard: ((git thinks the platform causes the activation and not being on the stairs))
(823) Kha: ((AFK for a smoke while they figure out whats going on. ))
(777) Git: (no the staris causes the activation)
(792) Vrondard: ((well how do we get up the stairs?))
(792) Vrondard: ((door isn't as long as the stair way im sure))
(780) DM: (no it isn't)
(777) Git: (wait)
(792) Vrondard: ((can i push Git into the flames for this collosal waste of time?))
(792) Vrondard: ((the stair way in a narrow hallway?))
** (777) Git instructs the others to slide the door through the flames up on to the second platform, leaving only a foot and a half sticking out above the steps **
(792) Vrondard: ((or is like it looks jutting out... or something))
(792) Vrondard: ((oh im so done with this))
** (792) Vrondard runs up the stairs thru the flames... **
(792) Vrondard: Fortitude vs. Magic Spells/Spell-like: Save [1d20+7+4+2] -> [11,7,4,2] = (24)
(777) Git: (think of it like a plank on a pirate ship, now that section is hovering over the stairs. step up on their and you're no longer touching the stairs and the flames go out)
(836) Agatha (enter): 01:33
(792) Vrondard: ((only problem is we are ocean height and not ship height))
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (836) Agatha...
(780) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(783) Agatha' from room...
(783) Agatha (exit): 01:34
whispering to Vrondard, Fort
(836) Agatha: ((huh?))
(777) Git: (dunno)
(780) DM: The curtain of flames vanishes.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [3d10] -> [9,9,10] = (28)
whispering to Vrondard, 14
** (792) Vrondard tries to shield himself from the flames **
(823) Kha: "Good idea Vrondard, I was about to do the same thing"
(792) Vrondard: .
** (777) Git slaps him self in the head as he watches barbarian logic beat him out **
** (823) Kha sets the door making sure not to drop it on anyones toes **
** (777) Git sets down the door and continues up the stairs after Vronard **
(780) DM: You think the fist moved slightly...
** (836) Agatha follows them up, keeping an eye out for anything fishy. **
** (823) Kha scratches his head "Did that thing move?" **
(780) DM: All around you, water continuously falls from the top of the chamber to the bottom, without end.
(792) Vrondard: "get the hell up already... it might flame up again soon"
** (777) Git searches the next set of stairs for triggers **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [14,14] = (28)
** (777) Git cautiously begins up the second flight of stairs **
** (823) Kha waits to see wht happens this time **
** (836) Agatha pulls up the rear, making sure everyone gets up. **
(839) Gate Master (enter): 01:43
(780) DM: Nothing seems to occur as you set foot on the steps. However, the fist begins to take on the color of flesh...
(836) Agatha: "That can't be good."
(836) Agatha: "The fist! It's coming to life!"
(777) Git: "Look on the bright side. Maybe it will just open up to say hello"
(823) Kha: "Does not have to be bad either, though it probably is"
(792) Vrondard: "bah!"
** (777) Git searches the last staircase before proceeding **
(780) DM: A curtain of ice suddenly appears out of nowhere, blocking access to the second platform.
(836) Agatha: "Right. And all it wants to do is hand us all some sweet meats.."
(780) DM: (er I mean, third platform)
(780) DM: (I meant to type that before Git got to the third platform.)
(777) Git: (solid ice? as in choppable?)
(823) Kha: "How thick you think that is Git?"
** (792) Vrondard will take a few chops at it with his axe **
(780) DM: (solid ice.)
(777) Git: :shrugs: "I dunno... pretty thick"
** (792) Vrondard makes little to no progress **
(792) Vrondard: "now we need dem flames over here"
(823) Kha: "Let me see what I can do"
(780) DM: Chunks of ice fly this way and that, as the dwarf attempts to carve a passage through the wall.
(777) Git: "Go to it flamer" :gives Kha room:
** (823) Kha straps puts Vontaros on his pack and pulls out his dagger in his left hand **
(792) Vrondard: ((doesnt Git have a flaming dagger too?))
** (823) Kha is suddenly holding a firy spear **
(777) Git: (not that I know of)
** (823) Kha Consentrates on his dagger for a moment **
** (823) Kha starts hacking away with his left hand while holding the Firy spear to the ice to see how fast it melts it **
(792) Vrondard: ((well i thought your dagger did something... if its not flaming or helpful in some way i guess stay away))
(777) Git: (nope, completely useless in every way)
(780) DM: Progress seems to be made after a while....
(792) Vrondard: (well we are in agreement there))
(792) Vrondard: : )
(777) Git: ^_^
** (792) Vrondard uses his experience with ice carving to good use **
(823) Kha: "Munafik is chanting!"
(792) Vrondard: Profession: cook [1d20+1] -> [1,1] = (2)
** (777) Git spends his time carving an ice swan from a bigger chunk **
(792) Vrondard: ((Vron isnt a very good cook))
(777) Git: "Chanting what?"
(777) Git: Craft Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
** (823) Kha continues to break down the ice wall **
(777) Git: (just as bad...)
** (823) Kha shrugs **
(836) Agatha: "What? That bag of bones is still kicking?"
(823) Kha: "He isnt dead thats all I mean"
** (777) Git listens for chanting while accidentally hacking hte head off his swan **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [5,14] = (19)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16)
(792) Vrondard: "bah!"
(792) Vrondard: "bah!" as he keeps hacking
(780) DM: Eventually you manage to get through the ice wall. The fist by this time has taken on the color of flesh and is definitely moving. In fact, it's grown in size and extended it's reach, as its now connected to an arm that's grown from the base of the top platform.
(780) DM: It blocks access to the top platform, as if to engage you in combat.
(777) Git: "That's an... interesting defense..."
(836) Agatha: "It doesn't get much stranger than that."
** (823) Kha stops on the current platform (2C) to think of a way to attack the giant hand **
(777) Git: (how large is it?)
(792) Vrondard: "lets take it out"
** (792) Vrondard rushes up and swings at it **
(792) Vrondard: (he will do so with care)
(777) Git: 0.o
(780) DM: (10' tall?)
(780) DM: (init then, for Vron)
(836) Agatha: "Why do I get the feeling this won't end well?"
(792) Vrondard: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [2,6] = (8)
(777) Git: "Because you're pessimistic"
(780) DM: Of Munafik, there is no sign.
(780) DM: (8, Vron)
(792) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (+5 combat expertise):
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe with uncharacteristic carefulness
[1d20+6+4+1+1-5] -> [9,6,4,1,1,-5] = (16) Critical on Natural 20
(Note: gains +5 dodge bonus to AC)

(780) DM: (hit)
(792) Vrondard: ((ac is 29))
(792) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [1,4,1] = (6) damage
(792) Vrondard: "arggg!"
(780) DM: (minor wounded)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [6,9] = (15),[1d20+9] -> [3,9] = (12)
(792) Vrondard: "take that you big hand"
(777) Git: "True that is a big hand." :comments as he calmly draws his bow and arrow
(780) DM: The hand bunches up into a fist and attempts to slap the dwarf off the platform and into the watery void below. (2 misses)
** (792) Vrondard will attack again **
(780) DM: (if you're going to attack the fist, I need an init from you)
(777) Git: init:[1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)
(777) Git: (just rolling too...)
(780) DM: (16, Git)
(836) Agatha: "Well it bleeds. That's a good sign. But the dwarf won't last for long by himself.
** (777) Git raises his aim over the dwarf's head for the higher arm and fires **
** (836) Agatha runs up to aid Vrondard. **
** (823) Kha focuses tipping his head to one side as if listening to something far away **
(792) Vrondard: ((actually i will...))
(777) Git: Shortbow(into melee) Attack Roll: [1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17)===> DMG: [1d6+0] -> [5,0] = (5)
(777) Git: :then heads up the stairs, stopping out of the creatures range:
(780) DM: (minor wounded)
(792) Vrondard: ((and if tries to knock me over i should be my more than stable than average dwarf as well))
(780) DM: (8, Vron)
(792) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (+5 combat expertise):
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe with uncharacteristic carefulness
[1d20+6+4+1+1-5] -> [12,6,4,1,1,-5] = (19) Critical on Natural 20
[1d20+1+4+1+1-5] -> [19,1,4,1,1,-5] = (21) Critical on Natural 20
(Note: gains +5 dodge bonus to AC)

(780) DM:
(two hits)
(792) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [2,4,1] = (7) damage
(792) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [7,4,1] = (12) damage
** (823) Kha draws his bow letting the firey spear vanish **
(780) DM:
(lightly wounded)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [7,9] = (16),[1d29+9] -> [16,9] = (25)
(823) Kha:
INIT: [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d29+9] -> [13,9] = (22)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9
(836) Agatha:
Init: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22)
(780) DM:
The hand misses Vron twice more.
(780) DM:
(22, Ag)
(792) Vrondard: "everyone back off... I'm being an idiot here"
** (792) Vrondard comes to his senses... after being swiped at **
(842) Gregorious (enter): 02:13
** (836) Agatha slashes at the hand. **
(836) Agatha:
"Well it's a little late for that.
(792) Vrondard: ((fuckfuck fuck fuck))
(792) Vrondard: ;kjlalgkallj;alljagllkja
(836) Agatha:
[1d20+11] -> [20,11] = (31)
(792) Vrondard: ((ive got spring attack i can defeat this thing as long as its unthinking))
(836) Agatha:
((threat))
(836) Agatha:
[1d20+11] -> [19,11] = (30)
(792) Vrondard: ((course that might help))
(836) Agatha:
[3d12+7] -> [8,12,1,7] = (28)
(792) Vrondard: ((of course undead and constructs cant be critted))
(792) Vrondard: (3d12+21?)
(836) Agatha:
((its a big fleshy hand. That's gotta count for something))
(780) DM:
(sigh, lol)
(780) DM:
(is that two attacks or one?)
(792) Vrondard: ((she moved more than 5' to get to attack she only gets one))
(842) Gregorious (exit): 02:17
(780) DM:
(and no crits.)
(792) Vrondard: (so thats 15 hps damage from Agatha then)
(792) Vrondard: [8+7] -> 15
(780) DM:
(seriously wounded)
(836) Agatha:
((Oh righty then))
(780) DM:
(16, Git)
** (777) Git lets the barbs keep center stage, and fires again. **
(777) Git:
Shortbow(into melee) Attack Roll: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)===> DMG: [1d6+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
(780) DM:
The hand flits to the side.
(792) Vrondard: ((here is to hoping Agatha has swim ranks))
(780) DM:
(8, Vron)
(792) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (+5 combat expertise):
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe with uncharacteristic carefulness
[1d20+6+4+1+1-5] -> [11,6,4,1,1,-5] = (18) Critical on Natural 20
[1d20+1+4+1+1-5] -> [15,1,4,1,1,-5] = (17) Critical on Natural 20
(Note: gains +5 dodge bonus to AC)

(792) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [9,4,1] = (14) damage
(792) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [3,4,1] = (8) damage
(780) DM:
(seriously wounded)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [16,9] = (25),[1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22)
(780) DM:
The hand suddenly switches targets and slams into Agatha (AC 25) and attempts to do so again (AC 22)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10+4] -> [1,4] = (5),[1d10+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
(792) Vrondard: ((bye bye sweetheart... told you not to come up here!))
(836) Agatha:
((hit, hit))
(780) DM:
It tries to slap her off into the watery void. (Reflex, +15 damage)
(780) DM:
(I need 2 reflex saves I mean)
(792) Vrondard: ((though Vron does appreciate your bravery))
(836) Agatha:
[1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
(836) Agatha:
[1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
(836) Agatha:
((figures))
(792) Vrondard: ((the dratted 1... the shame of it all))
(780) DM:
It sweeps Agatha off the platform into the watery depths.
(836) Agatha:
((Really missing those Karma points right about now))
whispering to Agatha, Swim?
(792) Vrondard: "Agatha!"
(780) DM:
(any action from you, Kha?)
(839) Gate Master (exit): 02:28
(823) Kha:
((Just whisperd my posible action))
(792) Vrondard: ((Git toss her a rope quick))
(777) Git:
(where's aggy now? being swept down the waterfalls or already swept down and out of sight?)
(823) Kha:
Reflex save: [1d20+10] -> [12,10] = (22)
** (836) Agatha disappears into the water. **
** (823) Kha dives and attempts to grab Agatha as she falls past **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [10d6] -> [3,3,2,3,2,2,6,4,2,2] = (29)
(792) Vrondard: ((gah!))
(823) Kha:
((Str check to see if I can hold her))
(823) Kha:
Str check: [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23)
(792) Vrondard: ((my fault... i could have defeated this thing by myself had i thought about it))
(792) Vrondard: ((... early enough))
** (836) Agatha re-emerges above the water gasping. **
(780) DM:
Kha dove to the ground and attempted to grab her.
(780) DM:
(16, Git)
** (823) Kha grunts as Agatha stops falling as he grabs her **
** (777) Git goes to help Kha pull Aggy up **
(777) Git:
Str check: [1d20+0] -> [9,0] = (9)
(780) DM:
(k. 8, Vron)
** (792) Vrondard moves 5' and strikes and moves back out of its range of attack 10' (using spring attack - no aoo: if it can't move forward it shouldn't be able to attack Vron) **
(792) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (+5 combat expertise):
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe with uncharacteristic carefulness
[1d20+6+4+1+1-5] -> [7,6,4,1,1,-5] = (14) Critical on Natural 20
(Note: gains +5 dodge bonus to AC)

(846) Atross (enter): 02:35
(780) DM:
(and you miss)
(780) DM:
(well, actually, it can attack anyone within 15')
(792) Vrondard: (bah)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22),[1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13)
(780) DM:
(but it misses you anyway.)
(780) DM:
(16, Git)
(777) Git:
(again?)
** (836) Agatha slowly gets up, heaving. **
** (777) Git retrieves his bow and takes another quick shot **
(777) Git:
Shortbow(into melee) Attack Roll: [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18)===> DMG: [1d6+0] -> [6,0] = (6)
(777) Git:
(trick shot, shoot a giant hand off of a dwarf's head)
(780) DM:
(seriously wounded)
(780) DM:
(it doesn't bleed, mind you. you're tearing chunks of flesh from it though.)
(780) DM:
(8, Vron)
** (792) Vrondard moves forward 10' and then springs back even further back to 15' (he wont know about its 15' reach until he gets attacked again) "har... try to get me now" **
(792) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (+5 combat expertise):
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe with uncharacteristic carefulness
[1d20+6+4+1+1-5] -> [8,6,4,1,1,-5] = (15) Critical on Natural 20
(Note: gains +5 dodge bonus to AC)

(780) DM:
(and you miss)
(792) Vrondard: "bugger it!"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [18,9] = (27),[1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23)
(780) DM:
It ranges closer to Vron....nearly grabbing him by his beard this time. (2 misses)
(780) DM:
(16, Git)
(792) Vrondard: "ah... hands off me beard!"
(777) Git:
Shoot!!'
(777) Git:
Shortbow(into melee) Attack Roll: [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)===> DMG: [1d6+0] -> [6,0] = (6)
(780) DM:
(8, Vron)
** (823) Kha helps Agatha back up from the edge **
** (792) Vrondard moves in seeing he can't avoid its attacks...(still spring attacks to avoid aoos) **
(792) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (+5 combat expertise):
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe with uncharacteristic carefulness
[1d20+6+4+1+1-5] -> [5,6,4,1,1,-5] = (12) Critical on Natural 20
(Note: gains +5 dodge bonus to AC)

(836) Agatha:
"Huhh...huhh. Swatted me like a fly."
(792) Vrondard: "oy... sometimes I hate being so careful.."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [1,9] = (10),[1d20+9] -> [7,9] = (16)
(780) DM:
It misses the dwarf again.
(780) DM:
(any actions from you two? 16, Git)
(777) Git:
:Shoot with More Heart!
(777) Git:
Shortbow(into melee) Attack Roll: [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)===> DMG: [1d6+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
(792) Vrondard: ((there is a 20 in there somewhere... i just better find it before it does))
(823) Kha:
"Barly caught you Agatha"
(836) Agatha:
"Aye. And I thank you. But, what are you standing here for, lad? Help them before they get knocked off as well!"
** (823) Kha picks up his bow and readies an arrow **
(780) DM:
(critical)
(836) Agatha:
"Get going...huhh. I just need to get my wind back."
(780) DM:
(init, Kha pls)
(823) Kha:
INIT: [1d20+7] -> [20,7] = (27)
(780) DM:
(next round then.)
(792) Vrondard: ((woot that was its 20... thanks Kha..))
(780) DM:
(8, Vron)
(792) Vrondard: ((it missed me... i think it had an attack))
(823) Kha:
((Sorry, though I thought I rolled Init earlyer))
(792) Vrondard: [1d4] -> [2] = (2)
(780) DM:
(no, you haven't attacked it until now)
(792) Vrondard: ah i see that it did miss me
(792) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (+5 combat expertise):
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe with uncharacteristic carefulness
[1d20+6+4+1+1-5] -> [11,6,4,1,1,-5] = (18) Critical on Natural 20
[1d20+1+4+1+1-5] -> [2,1,4,1,1,-5] = (4) Critical on Natural 20
(Note: gains +5 dodge bonus to AC)

(792) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [7,4,1] = (12) damage
(780) DM:
(critical)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22),[1d20+9] -> [10,9] = (19)
(780) DM:
(and 2 misses)
(780) DM:
(27, Kha)
** (823) Kha draws and fires at the hand **
(823) Kha:
Shortbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [15,10] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+0] -> [6,2,0] = (8)
(780) DM:
The fist collapses into a pile of foul smelling mud.
** (836) Agatha drags herself up the stairs. **
(792) Vrondard: "ah finally!"
** (777) Git eyes the muddy mess. "Why do we always have to fight weird stuff?" **
(836) Agatha:
"Damned thing doesn't fool around."
(792) Vrondard: "thats what be in here"
** (792) Vrondard stays away from the mud" **
(780) DM:
As it does so, a pair of stone doors opens in the rear of the chamber, revealing a column of water that extends from floor to ceiling.
** (777) Git heads up the stairs, trying not to step in any mud **
(780) DM:
A glowing ankh, radiant with white light can be seen in front of the aqueous column
(836) Agatha:
"Do you think you could do me favor and try using your head before you go rushing in like a blasted idiot?"
(836) Agatha:
"I expect that of Kha, not you?"
(836) Agatha:
."*
** (823) Kha goes up the stairs and starts looking around for Munafik **
** (780) Halif protects Wa'run and steers him away from the mud, snorting as he does so. **
** (777) Git continues around the mud toward the water column chamber, eyeing the anhk curiously and listening for anymore chanting **
(823) Kha:
"Bet you never expected not wanted to see animated hands made of mud like that did you Halif"
(823) Kha:
((*nor))
** (823) Kha continues to look for Munafik while following Git and Vrondard **
(792) Vrondard: "anyone know what that means?" (the ankh)
(836) Agatha:
"Kha, did you really hear Munafik?"
(823) Kha:
"Yes, have not heard him since we broke down the Ice wall though"
(780) Halif:
No, effendi. (shakes his head in amazement)
(780) Wa'run:
Nor I.
(777) Git:
Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
(823) Kha:
"I think it is the holy symbol of Set or one of his aspects"
(780) Wa'run:
That is a symbol of the old gods. It means that a sanctum is near.
(836) Agatha:
"Lovely, just lovely. I ain't in any condition to fool around with that nonsense."
** (823) Kha straps his bow back to his pack **
** (823) Kha is suddenly holding a short spear engulfed in flames **
** (777) Git moves into room 9 and looks arouns, especially curious of the water column **
(777) Git:
*around even
** (792) Vrondard is quite wary of the water and the symbol **
** (836) Agatha follows in similar fashion. **
** (823) Kha points at the water "That must be the begining and ending of the river the curse trap in this tomb" **
(777) Git:
"Well it's a lovely effect. If I ever have a magnificent manse, I want one of these in my sitting room"
(780) Wa'run:
Two doors can be seen leading out of this chamber. An obsidian door to the right and a silver door to the left.
(780) DM:
(oops)
** (823) Kha laughs. "I doubt even the Magister could trap an entire river in your house" **
(777) Git:
:nods to himself and heads over to the right hand door(towards 7/8) and gives it the usual search over
(777) Git:
(the obsidian then)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [4,14] = (18)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [6,8] = (14)
(777) Git:
"Don't need a river. A stream will do"
** (823) Kha goes over and looks at the silver door **
(780) DM:
A soft feminine voice speaks...
(780) Voice:
What is your name?
(823) Kha:
((To me or Git?))
(780) DM:
((Kha))
(777) Git:
"Hmmm?" :looks for stranger:
(823) Kha:
"Hello my name is Kha, who are you?"
(780) DM:
There does not appear to be anyone else in the room besides yourselves.
(780) Voice:
What is your quest?
(777) Git:
"That's a very complicated answer" :offers as he searches the obsidian door
(823) Kha:
"Which one? Well since you are asking me in this place I would guess you mean why am I here. Well I am here to break the Curse by Munafik"
(852) Hibachi Konoichi (enter): 03:10
(780) Voice:
On whose hallowed ground do you stand?
(777) Git:
:shrug: "My own ground. If it's under my feet, that would make it beneath me."
(823) Kha:
"Origionaly or after Set's servent took over. I think origionaly this was Ra's ground"
** (777) Git tries to get the obsidian door open **
(780) Voice:
Very well then. Do you wish to enter the the Hall of Light, or the True Tomb of Amunhotep, servant of Ra, the Ever-Living?
(777) Git:
"Depends. Which has the scepter and star gem?"
(780) DM:
(was addressing Kha, lol)
(823) Kha:
"The voice is asking me Git."
** (777) Git checks out what's behind the obscidian door. **
(823) Kha:
"Well may I ask what the Hall of Light is?"
(777) Git:
"I know. I just enjoy butting in on other people's conversations"
(855) spectator (enter): 03:14
(854) No Name (enter): 03:14
(780) Voice:
The Hall of Light is a place whereby one may receive instruction in the art of healing.
(848) RyanDG (enter): 03:16
(848) RyanDG (exit): 03:17
(823) Kha:
"Well as intriging as that sounds, Oneiros instructs me in the art of healing. and We are hear to break the curse so I will pick the tomb"
(777) Git:
"Wait!
(777) Git:
"Shouldn't we check out what's through these doors before we get spirited away?"
(780) Voice:
You have no Fate but the Fate you are given.
(854) No Name (exit): 03:18
(854) No Name (enter): 03:18
(780) DM:
The silver door vanishes, and the column of water radiates a silvery light. It slowly lowers from the ceiling, as the voice continues speaking...
** (823) Kha nods **
(780) Voice:
Enter the column of the waters of the River Athis, and be raised unto the true tomb of Amunhotep, servant of Ra, the Ever-Living.
** (823) Kha walks over to the colum and steps in **
Server Administrator->
Kicking '(852) Hibachi Konoichi' from server... Removing dead client
(852) Hibachi Konoichi (exit): 03:21
(792) Vrondard: "hmmmm"
(780) DM:
Kha disappears from sight.
(836) Agatha:
"Kha?"
(792) Vrondard: "well lets not be seperated.. after im"
** (792) Vrondard steps in (assuming he saw him leave) **
(780) DM:
The same thing occurs to Vrondard.
** (777) Git takes a brief lookinto room 7 before choosing to follow **
(780) DM:
Ditto for Git.
(856) Hibachi Konoichi (enter): 03:23
** (836) Agatha waits for Halif and Wa'run to enter safely before following. **
(780) DM:
(k)
** (777) Git remains in out of the water for the moment **
(854) Dyne (exit): 03:28
(780) DM:
(grrr)
(780) DM:
(Git isn't with you. sec.)
(823) Kha:
((Lol, at least it wasnt Kha wandering off at random this time =P))
(777) Git:
(yes it was. You wandered off and left me behind)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [18,8] = (26)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [12,14] = (26)
(792) Vrondard: ((well why arent you following?))
(856) Hibachi Konoichi (exit): 03:32
(777) Git:
(treasure hunting. ^_^ )
(792) Vrondard: ((hope you find a room full of spectres))
** (823) Kha looks around and sees Agatha and Vrondard appear so starts down the hall **
(836) Agatha:
"Kha, hang on!"
(792) Vrondard: "ok"
(836) Agatha:
"Don't go wandering off."
(780) DM:
The column of water rises up to the ceiling and resumes its downward flow.
(823) Kha:
"Just looking around while I am waiting for Git"
(780) DM:
You (everyone but Git) are in a small corridor that's well lit. (10' x 40') The walls and floor are decorated with hieroglyphics. A pair of rose quartz and sandstone doors stands closed at the end of the passage.
** (836) Agatha turns around towards the column. "Git?" **
(836) Agatha:
"Great. Now we're separated."
** (823) Kha looks over the writing trying to translate it **
** (836) Agatha walks over to Kha. "Can you tell what the pictures say?" **
(780) DM:
(init -- ONLY Git)
(777) Git:
[1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18)
(823) Kha:
"Ya give me a minute to finish reading it so I get the proper translation and context"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [8d6] -> [6,6,1,4,1,1,6,1] = (26)
(777) Git:
Reflex save: [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22)
(823) Kha:
"Well it's the story of Amunhotep's life"
(777) Git:
Dagger(thrown) Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18)===> DMG: [1d4+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
** (823) Kha goes to the doors and looks them over **
(777) Git:
"To break the curse of this pyramid"
(777) Git:
(should've been a whisper)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [5d4+5] -> [2,3,1,2,4,5] = (17)
(780) Munafik, the Taker of Set:
The column of water vanishes, and Git appears in its place.
(780) DM:
(oops, lol)
(836) Agatha:
"Git? What took you so long?
** (823) Kha looks back from the doors **
(780) DM:
As soon as he does so, you hear the crackle of lightning below and the chamber beneath you rocks with a loud explosion. The aqueous column reappears once more and resumes its downward flow.
** (777) Git regains his footing fast as possible and stumbles after the others, "Meant an old friend. And he's uglier than ever." **
(823) Kha:
"Oh there you are Git"
(780) DM:
He's burnt and bleeding severely.
(823) Kha:
"Told you I heard Munafik"
(836) Agatha:
"Gods, what happened?"
(836) Agatha:
"Are you alright?"
(780) DM:
(and on that note, we'll stop)
(792) Vrondard: "he wandered off agin"
(836) Agatha:
"Kha, tend to him!"


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms