Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
3 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
3 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Tolmara Logs


Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(455) Norfirion: yeah though I had actually seen that before which is what makes it so sad
(455) Norfirion: like getting struck by lightning twice
(445) DM: ok, does anyone need a recap?
(455) Norfirion: I'm good
(449) Git: (just a reminder which room we're in)
(445) DM: 5 min pls.
(451) Agatha: k
(511) Kha: ((I think we were in room 18, Agatha had just picked up the undead slayer "axe"))
(449) Git: (oh wait, I know, I was just starting to search the door in 18 toward 5-7)
(449) Git: (I wonder if that thing can change shape at will)
(451) Agatha: ((Yeah. Very surprised I didn't go boom.))
(449) Git: (and if now that it's in Aggy's hand, does it look like an axe to all of us or do we still see it as whatever?)
(449) Git: (In which case, does it do damage as the weapon the wielder sees or the weapon the attacked percieves?)
(445) DM: (you see it according to appropriate class type.)
(445) DM: (it deals damage according to its current form.)
** (449) Git sees it as a big bag o' cash **
(445) DM: (very funny.)
(445) DM: (ok, continue.)
(449) Git: (if enemies see it as a different weapon than it is functioning as, do they suffer an ac penalty or is their an attack bonus since they don't properly see what they're defending against?)
** (511) Kha looks around the room while Git plays with the door, not wanting to wander away knowing there is at least three things that may not run away from him **
(445) DM: (the only thing you need to worry about is what its current form is and that's only apparent to its wielder.)
** (449) Git tools with the western(?) door in 18(toward 5-7), Searching for traps and locks and listening for movement on the other side **
** (455) Norfirion closes his book from his sitting position, and opens his eyes as he slowly stands up, then dusts himself off. **
(445) DM: (so if Ag has it, then it's an axe and functions as an axe even though you (Git) might perceive differently)
(449) Git: (hai hai)
** (455) Norfirion moves quickly and quietly after the others as he uncorks his wine and has a drink. **
(449) Git: (now what if the wielder tries to percieve it as something different?)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [4,13] = (17),[1d20+14] -> [9,14] = (23)
(455) Norfirion: shuddap!
(455) Norfirion: lol
(449) Git: (hehehehe)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16)
whispering to Git, no sound, traps and it unlocks easily enough.
** (449) Git opens the door to 18, hiding behind it as a shield as he opens to look inside **
(445) DM: (remember that N is towards 20. cardinal directions are reversed.)
(445) DM: This is a small passage that branches out into a cross-corridor. Three corridors lead from this passage. There is a distinct odor of rot in the area. In the distance, you can hear a thundering, rushing sound.
** (511) Dj Gilcrease goes though the door and lisens at the southern most door(to 5) **
** (451) Agatha sniffs the air as she enters the passage. **
(449) Git: "I have a lurching feeling." :opens thedoor and enters, looking among the three doors to see if any are open
(455) Norfirion: "Gah what a spell."
(451) Agatha: "Smells like more of those damned wraiths."
** (455) Norfirion covers his nose. **
(455) Norfirion: smell
whispering to Git, locked
whispering to Git, oops
(449) Git: "So... a wraith to each door we assume?"
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, you can detect a hissing sound from beyond.
(451) Agatha: "At the least."
** (449) Git moves down to search the door to 7 first, keeping ready for a ghostly claw **
whispering to Git, none
(511) Kha: "Something is Hissing behind this door"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [17,13] = (30)
(530) The Black Hood (enter): 23:16
** (511) Kha moves to the middle door and listens **
whispering to Git, there seem to be no traps.
(530) The Black Hood (exit): 23:16
(449) Git: :glances to kha then listens at the door to 7
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [2,8] = (10)
whispering to Git, you don't seem to hear anything.
(449) Git: "Hissing like a snake? or like an angry wraith?"
(455) Norfirion: "Don't put your head against that door. Listen from a safe distance."
** (511) Kha shrugs still trying to listen to the middle door (Door 6) **
(449) Git: (are there any markings on the walls or doors?)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28)
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, silence...
(445) DM: (no)
(511) Kha: "Nothing behind this door"
** (449) Git takes out a couple of picks trying to get the door to 7 open. "Or maybe its just quieter." **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [6,13] = (19)
(511) Kha: "Hissing as in Hissing, I dont know what type of hissing"
(449) Git: "Obviously a bachelor." :jokes as he tinkers: "If you had ever been married you'd understand the need to differentiate every hiss, moan, groan and whine. Otherwise you'll be out of your home and possibly have an assassin after you. Depending on your spouse."
(511) Kha: "I dont know, why should your spouse be hissing at you?"
(455) Norfirion: "Indeed"
(455) Norfirion: "Seems like you've been associating with the wrong type of woman Git."
(511) Kha: "So which door first, I have found silence to be a trick several times"
(451) Agatha: "I always what kind of woman would actually stick with ya. But that was more than I needed to know."
(449) Git: "Leaving Laundry about, looking at other women, staying out late, keeping secrets, not putting the kid to bed on time, spoiling the kid, picking on other people's kids, picking on her ex-suiters, and never, never leave the chamber pot uncleaned after use. Lots of reasons."
(451) Agatha: ((always wondered))
(451) Agatha: "You don't clean the pot?"
(449) Git: "Sure I do." :shrug: "Ever since I stopped being a bachelor. After that,.... I learned better."
** (511) Kha shakes his head **
** (449) Git puts away his picks, pulls his dagger and opens the door cautiously **
(451) Agatha: "A few good cracks to the head do that."
(449) Git: "The ones to the head were the easiest to take"
(445) DM: The door opens to reveal a circular, domed room, about 20' in diameter. A narrow ledge, about 4' wide runs around the inner perimeter of the dome. The room overlooks a larger chamber below. The chamber below seems empty, save for a GIANT "X" burned into the floor.
** (511) Kha stands ready with Vontaros **
** (451) Agatha chuckles. "Her, I think I would've liked." **
(511) Kha: "Wonder what was in there?"
(455) Norfirion: "Interesting..."
** (451) Agatha looks at the room. "Well, that doesn't look suspicious at all." **
(449) Git: "Strange.."
** (449) Git moves to search door 6 next while the others ogle the "x" **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [2,13] = (15)
** (449) Git readies his dagger again to open the middle door **
(451) Agatha: "I'm beginning to think the thieves here aren't very clever if they're stupid enough to follow a trail of coins or step on a trigger that big."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [4,14] = (18)
** (455) Norfirion holds out his staff as the crystal emits its soft glow. **
(455) Norfirion: (Activating my detect magic and scanning the area)
** (511) Kha follows Git and waits for him to open the door **
(531) Supercritical (enter): 23:39
** (449) Git snickers to him self, before settling the dagger in his teeth to take out his picks to unlock the door before trying to open it.. again **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [4,14] = (18)
** (449) Git kneels down to eye level with the lock as he works on it **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [14,14] = (28)
** (455) Norfirion walks around the ledge scanning with his staff and finally returns to the others. "Nothing unusual here in terms of enchantments." **
(449) Git: :still kneeling he readies his dagger and opens the door
(445) DM: The door opens to reveal a similar domed chamber, 20' across with a narrow ledge, about 4' wide, running around the inner perimeter of the dome. The chamber overlooks a larger chamber below, filled with metal shafts that have been sharpened to points. The room below is a gigantic pit.
** (455) Norfirion follows after Git and looks into the room from the doorway. **
(455) Norfirion: "That doesn't look very comfortable."
(511) Kha: "Thats a rather obvious trap if you ask me"
(449) Git: "I'm guessing.. pit full of vipers." :points to 5:
** (449) Git goes to search the door to 5 for the heck of it **
whispering to Git, [1d20+13] -> [20,13] = (33)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [17,14] = (31)
** (511) Kha wanders back toward the north room(Room 7) **
** (449) Git opens 5 ready to be wrong **
(539) Ghaele (enter): 23:47
** (455) Norfirion activates his staff once more scanning room 6 from the entranceway. **
** (511) Kha looks over the room trying to figure out why they burned an X into the floor **
(445) DM: The door opens to reveal a similar domed chamber, 20' across with a narrow ledge, about 4' wide, running around the inner perimeter of the dome. Hissing is audible even from this vantage point.
(445) DM: The domed chamber overlooks a larger chamber below...most of which is filled by a gigantic cobra.
(449) Git: "Well.. I was partially right."
** (449) Git looks into the pit, trying to see any objects sharing space with the cobra **
(445) DM: It sways back and forth, as if listening for something. It doesn't seem to have noticed you (Git) yet...
(531) Supercritical (exit): 23:52
(449) Git: (is it long enough to reach up here?)
** (511) Kha goes back to the south room(Room 5) "So whats in there?" **
(449) Git: (the cobra that is)
(445) DM: (you could find out. :) )
(455) Norfirion: "No magic from this room either."
** (455) Norfirion points into 6. **
** (455) Norfirion walks to room 5 and stares at the beast with the others. **
(455) Norfirion: "Quite a large snake..."
** (511) Kha looks in "Oh a big snake" **
(449) Git: :whispering, "I say we can take it."
(445) Wa'run: A king snake... (makes a sign against evil)
** (449) Git readies his bow and the the last of his arrows, muttering "Gotta restock" **
(455) Norfirion: "We should easily be able to kill it with ranged weapons from above."
(511) Kha: "I have arrows if you need some"
(449) Git: :whispers: "Hopefully. Lets just hope it doesn't jump." :to kha: "I'd love some"
** (511) Kha hands Git twenty arrows **
** (455) Norfirion pulls out his light crossbow and loads a bolt. **
(455) Norfirion: "Does anyone want to use this?"
** (451) Agatha whispers "Y'know we could just turn around and let it be." **
** (511) Kha pulls his bow out of it's leather weaping and strings it, testing the draw a time or two before readying an arrow **
** (449) Git grins and places them in his quiver. Then leaning into the pit he takes aim for the head of the snake. "Shhh.... Ready... quick and quiet." **
** (511) Kha stands next to Git and takes aim, ready to fire on Git's mark **
** (455) Norfirion stands outside the doorway and just looks on casually to Git and Kha. **
** (449) Git waits for the others to be prepared then takes his sneak shot for the cobra's head **
(449) Git: Shortbow(sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [6,8] = (14)===> DMG: [1d6+3d6+0] -> [3,4,1,2,0] = (10)
** (455) Norfirion chuckles. "Only if Ari could see you two, I don't imagine she'd be happy." **
(449) Git: (hope 14 is good enough without his dex)
(511) Kha: Shortbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [20,10] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+0] -> [5,2,0] = (7)
(511) Dj Gilcrease: Shortbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [11,10] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+0] -> [2,2,0] = (4)
(511) Kha: ((Second if for crit check))
(445) DM: The arrow misses its mark, as the cobra's head whips around and rises to it's full height...
(445) DM: (lightly wounded)
(445) DM: (init)
(511) Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
(449) Git: init: [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24)
(451) Agatha: "Aww, shite."
(451) Agatha: [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10) init
(455) Norfirion: Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
(449) Git: "Stupid slithering piece of..."
(445) DM: It's coils fill the chamber, and it rises to it's full height, several feet away from the entrance to the chamber. It opens it's mouth as if to breathe...hissing angrily.
(445) DM: (24, Git)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13)
** (449) Git pulls another arrow quickly and tries to fire on down the throat as he pulls back to one side of the doorway, advising kha, "Move over, if it comes up, we can trap it between us when it comes through the door" **
(445) DM: (edit that to say, "It's coils fill the room below, and it rises to it's full height, several feet away from the entrance to the domed chamber.")
(445) DM: (because description is unclear)
(449) Git: (in other words... not quite reaching us?)
(445) DM: (roll)
(445) DM: (it hasn't reached you yet)
(449) Git: Shortbow Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23)===> DMG: [1d6+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
(445) DM: (lightly wounded)
(445) DM: (18, Kha)
** (511) Kha fires quickly and staps to the southern side of the door to gain cover **
(511) Kha: Shortbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [19,10] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+0] -> [4,2,0] = (6)
(445) DM: (lightly wounded)
(445) DM: (13, Norf)
(455) Norfirion: delay
** (455) Norfirion also steps to the side of the door out of the giant snake's view. **
(455) Norfirion: done
(445) DM: It hisses angrily and spits in the general direction of the door. Liquid splatters against the walls of the domed chamber.
(451) Agatha: ((any room in front of Git and Kha??))
(445) DM: (Reflex, those in the area of the door.)
(449) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+9] -> [8,9] = (17)
(511) Dj Gilcrease: Reflex save: [1d20+10] -> [18,10] = (28)
(451) Agatha: [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
(455) Norfirion: (i assume im out of the way since my movement on my turn?)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10] -> [1] = (1)
(455) Norfirion: (since im in front of the wall, to the side of the door)
(449) Git: (that would be the open doorway that the snake will probably be coming through, as well as his spitting path. Best to give him room to enter so we can flank him)
whispering to Agatha, lose 1 Dex
(550) Noname (enter): 00:12
(550) Noname (exit): 00:12
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [6,13] = (19)
(445) DM: It lunges through the open door and swerves to the side, attempting to bite Kha. (miss, AC 19)
(445) DM: (10, Ag)
(455) Norfirion: I'll take my delay before Aggy
** (455) Norfirion begins to chant as he moves his arms in a quick bluring motion, an aura of soft reddish light envelopes his allies as they suddenly feel quicker. **
(455) Norfirion: (Casting Haste)
(455) Norfirion: (would have casted it earlier, but i didnt think that thing would be able to get to us up here)
(455) Norfirion: done btw
** (451) Agatha hacks away at the serpent with curious speed in spite the venom. **
(451) Agatha: [1d20+14] -> [11,14] = (25)
(451) Agatha: [1d12+7] -> [6,7] = (13) dmg if hit.
(451) Agatha: Using full attack with haste for second attack.
(445) DM: (seriously wounded)
(445) DM: (24, Git)
(451) Agatha: [1d20+14] -> [2,14] = (16)
(445) DM: (miss)
** (449) Git pulls his ready dagger and stabs for the back of the snakes head. (combat expertise: -2 attack, AC 21. +2 flank) **
(449) Git: Ceremonial Dagger(sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+9] -> [5,9] = (14)===> DMG: [1d4+1+3d6+0] -> [3,1,1,2,1,0] = (8)
(449) Git: Ceremonial Dagger(sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+9] -> [20,9] = (29)===> DMG: [1d4+1+3d6+0] -> [1,1,1,6,3,0] = (12)
(445) DM: (29 hits, check for crit)
(449) Git: (crit roll on second attack)
(449) Git: Ceremonial Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+9] -> [10,9] = (19)===> DMG: [1d4+1+0] -> [4,1,0] = (5)
(445) DM: (not a crit. seriously wounded)
(445) DM: (18, Kha)
** (511) Kha drops his bow and draws Vontaros and attcks in one quick motion **
(511) Dj Gilcrease: Vontaros Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [16,10] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d8+1+4] -> [6,1,4] = (11)
(445) DM: (critical)
(445) DM: (13, Norf)
(455) Norfirion: is anyone within 5' of me, and is also facing the creature?
(449) Git: (kha is, I believe)
(511) Kha: ((Ya I am prob))
(455) Norfirion: I'll use the aid another action on Kha, to increase his AC
(455) Norfirion: (sec I'll find the bonus, think its +2)
(449) Git: (yes it is)
(511) Kha: ((That puts me at 26AC))
(455) Norfirion: ok done for me
(445) DM: (13, the snake)
(445) DM: It withdraws from the passage and attempts to escape (AOO, pls)
(449) Git: Ceremonial Dagger(sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+9] -> [18,9] = (27)===> DMG: [1d4+1+3d6+0] -> [1,1,6,6,6,0] = (20)
(511) Dj Gilcrease: Vontaros Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [11,10] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+1+4] -> [2,1,4] = (7)
(451) Agatha: [1d20+14] -> [16,14] = (30)
(451) Agatha: [1d12+7] -> [2,7] = (9) dmg
(445) DM: (um, yeah, well Git took it. It's dies shortly thereafter.)
(449) Git: (most damage git's ever done)
** (455) Norfirion applauds. **
(455) Norfirion: "Well done."
** (445) Wa'run peeks from behind Halif and lets loose a sigh of relief. **
** (449) Git twists his dagger in the cobra's brains for good measure, then straightens up and cleans off the blade **
(455) Norfirion: "Is everyone ok?"
(449) Git: "Hey aggy, ya mind sinking your axe in slithery here and holding tight, I think I'll just climb down him like a tree trunk"
** (455) Norfirion looks to the group. **
(555) No Name (enter): 00:27
** (449) Git readies a pair of daggers and looks down into the pit making sure nothing else is moving down there **
(511) Kha: "I am fine, how about you Agatha, I saw some of the stuff splash on you"
(455) Norfirion: "Yes, I'd like to see if i can milk some poison from the beast. Giant vermin usually have quite potent venom."
(451) Agatha: "Sure thing. Don't see why we went through all this trouble in the first place."
(455) Norfirion: "Well its dead now, no use worrying about it."
** (455) Norfirion follows after Git. **
(449) Git: :shrug: "I wanted to see what it was guarding"
(455) Norfirion: "Shall we make our way down?"
** (455) Norfirion looks to Git. **
(449) Git: :nods to norf: "Think you and kha can hold it Aggy?"
(455) Norfirion: "A rope wouldn't hurt."
(451) Agatha: "Of course."
** (511) Kha tests the hide of the snake to see if it might be more protective than normal skin **
(455) Norfirion: "This reminds me of a pair of boots I once had."
(455) Norfirion: "Fashioned from lizard skin though, but they were quite the looker."
(449) Git: "I'm sure they were all the rage Norf.'
** (455) Norfirion chuckles. **
(455) Norfirion: "Well, lets get this over with Git."
(455) Norfirion: "I'll climb down after you."
(455) Norfirion: "Hopefully you'll break my fall should I lose grip."
(449) Git: Once Aggy has the head anchored, Git carefully climbs down the serpentine body, using his daggers.
** (455) Norfirion follows after Git trying his best to not fall. **
(511) Kha: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18)
(555) Valdir (exit): 00:35
(445) DM: (Climb checks please)
(449) Git: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [16,0] = (16)
(455) Norfirion: Climb [1d20+0] -> [13,0] = (13)
(449) Git: (nifty dagger bonus? 0.o )
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6] -> [3,2] = (5)
(145) Orion (enter): 00:40
(445) DM: Halfway down, Norf slips, and falls off the snake.
** (449) Git flinches as the wizard falls behind him **
** (455) Norfirion lands on the ground with a thud. **
(455) Norfirion: "Ouch..."
(449) Git: "Mind that last step."
(455) Norfirion: "Yes, and my sore bottom."
** (455) Norfirion stands up and sights in pain as he flexes his himself and cleans himself off trying to regain some form of dignity. **
** (449) Git heads over to search the mysterious chest while advising, "Hey Norf, sweep this thing for magic then trying checking the corpses, deal?" **
(455) Norfirion: (any dmg)
(449) Git: (only to your pride)
(445) DM: (see my whisper)
** (455) Norfirion nods to Git as he draws his staff and walks about the room scanning for magic. **
(451) Agatha: "You doing okay down there?"
(455) Norfirion: "Ah!"
(449) Git: "More or less" :calls to aggy:
** (455) Norfirion grabs his temples. **
(455) Norfirion: "Strong magic..."
(449) Git: :to norf: "What?"
(455) Norfirion: "Very stong, I didn't sense this earlier."
(455) Norfirion: "It seems to be intertwined with the innate magic in this structure."
(449) Git: :looking about apprehensively: "Strong magic, where?"
(455) Norfirion: "A field that envelopes this room."
(455) Norfirion: "It's abjuration magic, it could be a ward of some kind. I'm not sure."
(455) Norfirion: "Abjurations are protective spells. They create physical or magical barriers, negate magical or physical abilities, harm trespassers, or even banish the subject of the spell to another plane of existence."
(449) Git: "Great. does it have anything to do witht he chest?"
(455) Norfirion: "I don't know, it appears to be some form of field. I can't determine that yet, but give me some time."
(449) Git: :nods and resumes searching hte chest for traps:
** (455) Norfirion concentrates on the aura and after a few moments looks up to Kha. **
(455) Norfirion: "It appears to be divine magic."
** (511) Kha looks down **
(455) Norfirion: "And no, I've determined it doesn't appear to be related to the chest." *looks back to Git*
(511) Kha: "Realy?"
(455) Norfirion: "If one abjuration spell is active within 10 feet of another for 24 hours or more, the magical fields interfere with each other and create barely visible energy fluctuations."
(455) Norfirion: "I suspect that is whats happened."
(449) Git: "Could it have been meant to keep ol' leathery in here?"
(455) Norfirion: "This field is interacting to the pyramid's innate magic."
(455) Norfirion: "Perhaps."
(455) Norfirion: "Though it seems more powerful than needed to bind such a creature."
(511) Kha: "Oneiros, The Mistlord, I ask of you to banish Mania from my mind and let me see clearly."
(455) Norfirion: "If it were a demon or something instead of a snake, I'd be more inclined to say so."
(449) Git: :shrugs as he scours the container. "Maybe we'll get to find out. Did you find anything on those corpses?"
(511) Kha: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
(455) Norfirion: "No magic from them, that I noticed."
(449) Git: :grins: "Nothing magical.. how about physical?"
** (455) Norfirion sighs. **
(455) Norfirion: "Isn't that your job?"
** (455) Norfirion shuffles over to the corpses and scours the bones for anything. **
(449) Git: "I'm busy." :intent on the box: "And I ain't touching em"
(455) Norfirion: "Just trash, a few coins, rusted weapons, and such."
** (455) Norfirion cleans his hands and moves back towards Git. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [20,13] = (33)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [15,14] = (29)
** (449) Git unlocks the chest and pops the lid **
(490) Lightfaith (enter): 00:55
(490) Lightfaith (exit): 00:55
(145) Orion (exit): 00:56
(546) Adam500 (enter): 00:56
(546) Adam500 (exit): 00:56
(511) Kha: "Well I cant tell you very much more then Norf was able to about it, it is extreamly powerfull Ward spell against undead"
(511) Kha: "We may be able to rest in this room and be protected against those shadow things"
(455) Norfirion: "Yes, that was my suggestion."
(455) Norfirion: "And I have magics to keep us hidden from others."
** (449) Git pulls several scrolls from the chest, looking them over curiously. "Heh.. he was guarding reading material" **
(455) Norfirion: "Fantasitc, let me see them."
(449) Git: :holds them to norf: "Seem to be maps"
** (455) Norfirion looks over Git's shoulder waiting in anticipation like a child at christmas. **
** (455) Norfirion takes a closer look at the scrolls and examines them. **
(511) Kha: "Shall we rest in this room so we are protected from those shadow things?"
(455) Norfirion: "I could use some time to go over my spellbook as well."
(449) Git: "Alright. If we must rest. This place is as good as any"
** (455) Norfirion goes over to a section away from the center of the room and pulls out a short coil of rope from his backpack. **
(449) Git: "Hey Kha, what was the name of that place the assassing girl wanted you to steal a gem from?"
(455) Norfirion: "Kha, why don't you look over these maps while I tend to some business."
(455) Norfirion: "I can give you some assistance in a bit."
(511) Kha: "Something of the Lion, I would have to look in my jopurnal for the exact name, why?"
(449) Git: "I was just wondering if it was on one of these maps"
(511) Kha: "That could be usefull"
** (449) Git idly shuffles among the bones, looking in boredom for any interesting bits Norf may have missed **
** (455) Norfirion stands over his could of rope as he sprinkles a powdery substance over the rope and manipulates a twisted loop of parchment. He slowly begins to chant in a rythmic fashion and the rope rises into the air and stops appearing attached to nothing, just floating. **
(455) Norfirion: (coil of rope that is)
(455) Norfirion: (Casting rope trick)
** (511) Kha starts studying the snake to determin how best to go about skining it while the others rest **
(455) Norfirion: "Should any of you value an unseen place to rest, simply climb the rope. There is an extra-dimensional space atop it you can enter inside."
** (455) Norfirion scuttles up the short rope a few feet and appears to dissapear. **
** (455) Norfirion makes himself comfortable inside the space and has lunch. **
** (511) Kha pulls out his longtooth dagger and begins skining the snake **
(511) Kha: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28)
(455) Norfirion: Skin that sucker good!
** (449) Git climbs joins Norf for food and rest in the dimensional cubby **
(455) Norfirion: "Ah, I see you decided to come inside my foul magical domain." *smiles*
(449) Git: "It's not very foul compared to the snakes nesting grounds
** (455) Norfirion looks out of the small 3 x 5 viewing area taking note of Kha's efforts. **
(455) Norfirion: "Yes we should be safe inside here, I can pull the rope up as well to keep others from entering."
** (451) Agatha reluctantly climbs up into realm. **
(455) Norfirion: "Just the type of get away you need when running off with some powerful person's daughter."
(451) Agatha: "Quite a trick you've picked up.
(455) Norfirion: "It's useful for resting in hostile places, something we tend to do alot."
** (511) Kha continues to work **
(449) Git: ( if we're staying to rest.. fast forward?)
(455) Norfirion: "Welcome" *he says to Agatha as she enters*
(455) Norfirion: (yes thats FBM)
(445) DM: (yes, FF)
(455) Norfirion: is Gwynnoria still with us too?
(445) DM: (yes)
(445) DM: (I tend to not play more than one NPC at a time)
(455) Norfirion: ok
(272) Jenny (enter): 01:13
** (449) Git enjoys lounging and lunching in the floating bubble, leaning down once in a while to throw a bit of refuse at Kha and duck back into the unseen **
(445) DM: (I don't particularly like more than one NPC if I can help it. this is a bit of an experiment. Halif was a fluke.)
(272) Jenny (exit): 01:14
(455) Norfirion: (heh its all good, i just couldnt remmber if she tagged along)
** (511) Kha finishes as the others emerge from the area Norf created for them. Folding up the skin he puts it in his pack **
(445) DM: (well...Halif wasn't supposed to be alive. curses, foiled again. lol.)
(455) Norfirion: (lol)
(511) Kha: ((LOL))
(455) Norfirion: (we're gonna have any army before long. :-p)
(445) DM: (ok, later...what now?)
(511) Kha: "Lets go see what on the other side of this complex"
** (449) Git leaves room five, heading back to 18 to check the southern door for traps **
** (511) Kha follows Git **
** (455) Norfirion follows along. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [17,13] = (30)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [2,14] = (16)
** (451) Agatha pulls up the rear as usual. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [10,14] = (24)
** (449) Git works to unlock the door, having a moment of trouble **
(449) Git: :Once successful, he pulls his dagger and opens the door
(445) DM: Beyond is a passage (10' wide by 40' long) that bends to the west. There is a distinct odor of rot in the area.
** (449) Git sneaks to the corner and checks around it with a mirror before continuing **
(445) DM: It ends with a door at the end of the passage.
** (511) Kha replaces his bow into it's leather wraping and keept Vontaros at the ready **
** (449) Git continues to the door to 19. Search, listen, check the lock **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [5,13] = (18)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [19,8] = (27)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [18,14] = (32)
** (449) Git opens the door **
(445) DM: Beyond is a rather small chamber, filled with human remains....hundreds of them. This chamber is small, about 20' square. A closed door can be seen on the west wall.
** (511) Kha follows git letting him work his magic with the doors **
(449) Git: "Oh... this is.. upsetting."
** (455) Norfirion extends his staff and scans the room turning slowly as the crystal atop it gives off its arcane glow. **
** (511) Kha wrinks his nose **
(455) Norfirion: (detect magic)
(449) Git: "Can we tell if they're undead without walking in and waiting for them to grab?"
(455) Norfirion: "No magic here as well."
(455) Norfirion: "Well other than the ordinary residue from of the pyramid, but thats everywhere."
(451) Agatha: "I hope so. I'd hate to think all of these blokes are planning on gnawing on my skull.""
** (511) Kha looks at Gwynnoria **
** (455) Norfirion shakes his head to Git's question. **
(455) Norfirion: "I'm unsure."
** (449) Git sighs and makes his way in to the next door, trying not to step in anything, and keeping his guard up **
(445) Gwynnoria: You should have nothing to fear from these ones. (sadly)
(455) Norfirion: "While some undead creatures might radiate magic if they were created by magical means, not all do."
(449) Git: :if I make it to the other door without a problem, give the normal search and listen
(455) Norfirion: "So lets just get out of here. I've seen enough corpses in my time."
** (511) Kha makes a quick blessing to Teleute and Oneiros for the dead **
** (511) Kha walks into the room after blessing the dead and looks around the room for anything that isnt bone **
(445) DM: that's about it
(451) Agatha: "I wonder what happened to them all."
(449) Git: (eh?)
(445) DM: The room is empty save for the skeletons.
** (511) Kha waits for Git to finish with the door **
(455) Norfirion: "They probably suffered from the same cause of death, its such a small room for so many bodies."
(569) Orion (enter): 01:36
** (449) Git picks the lock and opens the door **
(511) Kha: "Probably the previous theives" **Kha jokes**
(455) Norfirion: "Quite possible."
(571) Rasan (enter): 01:39
(445) DM: The door opens to reveal an inner corridor, the southern end of which you haven't explored yet.
(451) Agatha: "Could be. In any case, now we have a good idea where all those spirits came from."
** (511) Kha looks up and down the hall and points south "Thats where the secret door is" **
(445) DM: (10' wide, the corridor runs on a N/S axis, 40' to the N and 20' to the S before it turns to the W)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (571) Vrondard...
** (449) Git moves south quick to check for signs of life down the next hall before returning to inspect the door to 9. Search and listen before unlocking **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [6,14] = (20)
(571) Vrondard: Quiet up until now for some strange reason...Vrondard finally makes his presence known
** (455) Norfirion remains silent as he gazes on at Git's work. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [17,13] = (30)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [7,8] = (15)
(571) Vrondard: "arrrrrr"
** (449) Git unlocks the door to 9, but feeling the surface of the door he turns to norf, "Feels cold... could you check for magic in the next room?" **
** (571) Vrondard will keep his ears peeled as well **
(571) Vrondard: "more cold rooms... bah"
(511) Kha: "The secret door was cold as well"
(449) Git: "What secret door?"
(511) Kha: "The one to the south in this hall"
(449) Git: "The one with the ghosts who weren't afraid of you?"
(571) Vrondard: "buncha foul magicks fer sure"
(511) Kha: "Yes"
(571) Vrondard: "aint natural... not by a long shot"
(449) Git: "So, probably a wraith behind this door. Get ready." :handles Aeolus and makes sure everyone's prepared before opening the door to 9:
** (511) Kha stands ready with Vontaros **
** (571) Vrondard curses **
** (455) Norfirion nods and slides his hands into his components pouch. **
** (451) Agatha hefts her new axe, eager to see its full effect. **
(445) DM: Writings cover the walls and ceiling of this large room. Two doors can be seen, exiting this chamber, set in the W wall. This appears to be some sort of prayer room. A figure dressed in rags, bowed in prayer, can be seen bent over prostate in the far corner of the room. Gynnoria clutches her heart and gasps...
(445) Gwynnoria: aghhh...the pain!!!
(571) Vrondard: "whatya mean?"
(569) Orion (exit): 01:50
(449) Git: :glances to Gwyn: "Friend of yours?"
(445) Gwynnoria: So evil...(points to the figure)
(449) Git: "Guess not..."
** (511) Kha looks over the writings and calls into the room **
(449) Git: :whipering: "Kha, can you read the walls?"
** (455) Norfirion looks on quiety and cautious, keeping an eye on the kneeling figure. **
(445) DM: The figure rises, and looks in your direction. It appears, from this distance, to be a man...albeit skeletal and clad in ragged robes.
(445) DM: His lips part in a rictus grin.
(451) Agatha: ::whispering:: "Halif, keep Wa'run back and watch out for wraiths.
(571) Vrondard: "that aint looking right..."
(445) Munafik, the Taker of Set: Welcome, fools.
(571) Vrondard: "unless foods been mighty scarce bouts here"
** (449) Git grins back, "Howdy ugly." **
** (445) Munafik, the Taker of Set vanishes. **
** (451) Agatha quickly unstraps her old greataxe and hands it to the minotaur. **
(571) Vrondard: "bah!" upon seeing the dissapearing act
(445) Voice: I've been expecting you for some time...
(445) Voice: muahahahahahahaha....
** (511) Kha walks into the room reading the writing **
(449) Git: "Should we be flattered or just disturbed by that?"
(451) Agatha: "Keep on your toes. He could still be here."
** (455) Norfirion looks over the room and glances about nervously. **
** (571) Vrondard awaits his appearance.... **
** (449) Git listens for the voice and tries to spot anymovement of an unseen foe in the room **
(511) Kha: "Hello Munafik, Guess you are too scared that we will break the cures so you have to run away"
(445) Voice: Did you really think you could fulfill Amenhotep's prophecy? You? A ragged band of adventurers?
(571) Vrondard: Vron clutches his axe tight and his shield tighter...
** (455) Norfirion extends his staff and detects magic. **
(455) Norfirion: "Adventurers? More like opportunists..." *smirks*
(445) Voice: I sense great power in you, human. Let me be the first to slay you then!
(445) Voice: (chants)
(445) DM: (init)
(449) Git: [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24)
(571) Vrondard: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20)
whispering to Norfirion, yes
(451) Agatha: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
(511) Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] -> [13,7] = (20)
(455) Norfirion: Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
(455) Norfirion: "Above us!"
(449) Git: "Above?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
** (451) Agatha looks up. **
(455) Norfirion: "He's there!"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14)
(445) DM: (24, Git)
(449) Git: (listen to get a fix on his position?)
(445) DM: (roll)
(449) Git: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [14,8] = (22)
(445) DM: (load minis pls)
(445) DM: (each square = 5' btw)
(455) Norfirion has sent you a tree node...
(445) DM: (any other actions, Git?)
** (455) Norfirion keys the boss music. **
(445) DM: (24, Gwynnoria)
** (449) Git moves toward the chanting, 15' feet forward and stabs aside for the invisible caster **
(449) Git: Aelous Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [20,10] = (30)===> DMG: [1d4+2+0] -> [2,2,0] = (4)
(449) Git: (damn, I'm in a happy world of 20's. crit possible?)
(577) Junky (enter): 02:07
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [12] = (12)
(445) DM: Aeolus falls to the floor, clattering.
** (445) Gwynnoria delays. **
(449) Git: (... uh oh)
(445) DM: (22, Munafik)
(445) Munafik, the Taker of Set: Let my god show you the error of your ways, mortals!
(451) Agatha: "Git?!"
** (445) Munafik, the Taker of Set appears, laughing maniacally, as he hurls a pea sized ball of crimson and ebony flames at Norfirion, which rapidly expands to become a gigantic ball of flames that threatens to engulf him **
(455) Norfirion: Saves: Reflex: [1d20+4+0] -> [20,4,0] = (24)
(445) DM: (X is the center of the spell)
(455) Norfirion: booyah
(455) Norfirion has sent you a tree node...
(445) DM: (all within a o e, Reflex pls)
(451) Agatha: Reflex Save: [1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17)
(511) Kha: ((Fireball?))
(451) Agatha: ((yup))
(571) Vrondard: Reflex vs. Magic Spells/Spell-like: Save [1d20+3+1+2] -> [10,3,1,2] = (16)
(511) Kha:
Reflex save: [1d20+10] -> [10,10] = (20)
(445) DM:
(all within 20' of the x, pls Reflex)
(449) Git:
Reflex save: [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [8d6] -> [5,6,2,1,6,1,3,3] = (27)
(445) DM:
(all except Norf take 27 damage)
(455) Norfirion:
(13 for me?)
(455) Norfirion:
ok
(445) DM:
(20, Kha)
** (511) Kha starts running his thumb over the prayer beads in his left hands **
(511) Kha:
"Oneiros, The Destined One, send Potmos to protect me."
(511) Dj Gilcrease:

The group now has Oneiros` blessing ((+1 attack, +1 Saves vs Fear


(445) DM:
(20, Vron)
** (571) Vrondard charges in for a raging attack "me beard... ya blasted bastard.. ya scorched me beard!" **
(445) DM:
(flying 30' above you, remember)
(571) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (adj):
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+6+4+1+1+5] -> [3,6,4,1,1,5] = (20) Critical on Natural 20
(571) Vrondard: (ugg)
(571) Vrondard: Javelin Attack:
Vrondard throws a javelin at his foe
[1d20+6+3] -> [20,6,3] = (29) Critical on Natural 20
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [5] = (5)
(445) DM:
(hit)
(571) Vrondard: : )
(571) Vrondard: Javelin Damage:
Vrondard's javelin does
[1d6+4] -> [3,4] = (7) hps of damage.
(571) Vrondard: (wont rage while he cant use his axe - dodge done... after moving)
(445) DM:
The spear passes through his shoulder and seems to impale the mage on it, but does not cause him a bit of consternation....
(445) DM:
(15, Norf)
(445) DM:
(Halif is criticallly wounded btw)
(445) DM:
(Wa'run is not even in the room)
** (455) Norfirion moves towards Agatha as he withdraws a small feather from his pouch. He places a hand on Agatha as he utters and incantation. "Take to the heavens and slay your foe Agatha" **
(449) Git:
(him and me both)
(455) Norfirion:
(Casting fly on Aggy)
(451) Agatha:
((The hell? I told him to hang back an guard the kid.))
(571) Vrondard: ((hes' bull headed... what are you going to do?))
** (445) Gwynnoria crawls over to Git and lays her hands on him, praying to her god feverishly. **
(445) DM:
(14 hp back)
** (451) Agatha feels particularly light on her feet. It takes her a moment to notice she's actually floating. She then looks at the priest with new determination. **
(445) DM:
(he's not in the room. the door was open, and Halif was in range of the fireball)
(449) Git:
:sighs with the warming, heeling sensation, "THanks darlin. I needed that one."
(451) Agatha:
((Ah. gotcha))
(455) Norfirion:
"Bring him down Agatha!"
** (455) Norfirion laughs. "You're finished you fool!" **
(445) DM:
(8, Ag)
(451) Agatha:
::to Norfirion:: "Work on getting the others out of here. I'll hold him off as long as I can."
(445) Munafik, the Taker of Set:
I think not, mortal. (smiles a death's head grin at Agatha)
Server Administrator->
Kicking '(271) the Mastodon' from server... Removing dead client
(271) the Mastodon (exit): 02:24
(577) Junky (exit): 02:24
(445) Munafik, the Taker of Set:
How can you slay one who is already dead?
** (451) Agatha rises up with great speed to match the priest head-on. **
(451) Agatha:
"I'll leave that to Bar'eth-el!"
(451) Agatha:
[1d20+17] -> [5,17] = (22)
(445) DM:
(hit)
(451) Agatha:
[1d12+10
(451) Agatha:
[1d12+10] -> [2,10] = (12)
(445) DM:
The weapon glows with a white-hot light in your (Agatha's) hands.
(445) DM:
It seems to damage the priest but he does not take much notice of it.
(445) Munafik, the Taker of Set:
Foolish mortal. You cannot kill what is unkillable. You however are a different story.
(445) DM:
(24, Git)
** (449) Git picks up Aeolus and stand ready for a throw of the dagger when next Munafik starts casting (ready) **
(445) DM:
(22, Gwynnoria)
** (445) Gwynnoria delays **
(582) Sevren Loreat (enter): 02:29
(445) DM:
(22, Munafik)
** (445) Munafik, the Taker of Set begins chanting, grasping his unholy symbol and pointing at Agatha **
(449) Git:
Aelous Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [8,10] = (18)===> DMG: [1d4+2+0] -> [2,2,0] = (4)
(445) DM:
(miss)
(451) Agatha:
((aoo))
(582) Sevren Loreat (exit): 02:30
(445) Munafik, the Taker of Set:
May my god, the lord Set, strike you down with his wrath!
(451) Agatha:
[1d20+17] -> [8,17] = (25)
(451) Agatha:
[1d12+10] -> [5,10] = (15)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [16,9] = (25)
** (445) Munafik, the Taker of Set slaps Agatha... (touch attack) **
(451) Agatha:
[1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [4d8] -> [7,8,3,1] = (19)
(445) DM:
Wounds appear all over Agatha's body. (27 damage)
(445) DM:
(20, Kha)
** (511) Kha Tries to embrace the source, attempting to break though what ever is blocking him, while drawing his bow and stringing it ((Done)) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] -> [83] = (83)
(445) DM:
(20, Vron)
** (571) Vrondard grumbles a bit and then retreats out of the room... "can't be fightin no flying fool this way" **
(445) DM:
(20 minute warning)
** (451) Agatha screams of pain echo through the hall. **
(451) Agatha:
"Get out of here, you idiots!"
(449) Git:
(20 minutes until our doom)
(571) Vrondard: "bugger you all lets go!"
** (571) Vrondard barks **
(445) DM:
(15, Norf)
(455) Norfirion:
"Agatha! You get out of here! Everyone avert their eyes from me!"
(449) Git:
(kinda hard to do when you're in the way of the door..)
** (455) Norfirion begins to chant and as he does so a golden light begins to emit from him, growing ever brighter until the room is filled with glowing light. (Casting Cloak of Brillance) **
** (455) Norfirion moves back a small distance, but keeeping himself in sight of Mun-afik, hoping to buy some time for Agatha to flee. **
(455) Norfirion:
done
(445) DM:
Suddenly, Norfirion's body sheds a harsh, unforgiving white light as bright as full daylight. Munafik screams with rage and pain....
(445) DM:
(8, Ag)
(455) Norfirion:
"Go back to your shadow!"
(586) Rayman (enter): 02:48
** (451) Agatha pulls back and exits the room. ((Full withdrawal)) **
(445) DM:
(24, Git)
** (449) Git grabs up Norf's dagger and retreats after Aggy, dragging Gwyn to follow. "Time to leave" **
(445) Munafik, the Taker of Set:
This is not the last, mortals! There will be a reckoning! Without the flail and the Star, you cannot leave this tomb! (vanishes)
(455) Norfirion:
"Shall we return to the warded room?"
** (455) Norfirion shouts. **
(571) Vrondard: "yeah... we need to be safe as we can be"
(588) Orion (enter): 02:51
(571) Vrondard: "and dats about it in dis place"
(455) Norfirion:
"Fine, I'll lead the way, just keep your eyes away from me. We should be able to make it back without his interference."
** (455) Norfirion begins to backtrack to the warded dome shaped room. **
(588) Orion (exit): 02:51
** (511) Kha maintains his connection to the source not wanting to let it go now that he has it again **
(449) Git:
"Well... lets try to avoid him from now on. Aggy, how you doing?"
** (451) Agatha is having trouble breathing. Her axe hangs from her hand. She follows, her form drooping in the air. **
** (455) Norfirion continues to emit his bright light as he heads back down the corrirod. **
(451) Agatha:
"Not...good."
(455) Norfirion:
*corridor
(586) Rayman (exit): 02:52


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms