Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
5 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
3 Guests
Registered Users: BrettPag, Maraweild


Back to Tolmara Logs


Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(13) Kha: ((K, making food then))
** (18) Vrondard thinks he's got the info he needs **
(19) Athar: So...ask your question. (to Agatha)
** (20) Agatha Agatha pauses for a moment. "Hmm..." **
** (21) Norfirion shuffles his robes as he waits his turn and ponders what to ask. **
(20) Agatha: "I suppose I've gotta ask: What is the nature of the guardian of Mun-afik? His shape, behavior, and weaknesses."
** (21) Norfirion looks to Git. "Have you managed to seduce this one yet? I know you fancy the feline types." **
(20) Agatha: ((Mun-afik's heart, I mean))
(20) Agatha: ((I'm asking about the guardian of the heart.))
** (14) Git grins shrewdly to Norf, "Yeah, but I'm more appelaing to the two legged gals." **
** (19) Athar purrs deeply... **
(19) Athar: A simple question deserves a simple answer. The guardian of the high priest's most valued treasure is an animated statue, that which is called a stone golem.
(14) Git: "If you feel more confident in your charms, feel free." :Gestures Norf toward the sphinx:
** (14) Git grimaces at the word's stone golem. Sighing heavily, he muses wearily, "Of course it is." **
(18) Vrondard: "oh boy... them is hard to beat... only the greatest dwarven crafters could make them"
(20) Agatha: (sarcastically) "Oh, is that all?"
(13) Kha: "Do I get to ask my other questions yet, oh wait Norf has not asked. Humf"
** (19) Athar shrugs. **
** (13) Kha taps his foot **
** (21) Norfirion steps forward and smiles slighty as he does a short bow. **
** (14) Git leans against the well, wrapping his mind around the challenge. "I wonder if the heart is inside the golem or if we only need to get around the guardian to destroy it." **
(19) Athar: To defeat it, find the blade known as Stonecutter, held in the hands of an undying one.
(19) Athar: You will find him in the Halls of the Priesthood, above this level of the tomb.
(14) Git: "If so, it may be easi....." :glancing back to the sphinx.: "...er. Stonecutter... isn't that one of the legendary twelve?"
(13) Kha: "Stonecutter, isn't that one of the twelve swords of power? I am sure it is let me look though my journal."
** (21) Norfirion looks to the Sphinx. "Where are the locations of any arcane tomes within this complex?" **
** (13) Kha digs though hhis pack and pulls out his journal and starts fliping though it **
(20) Agatha: "Y'know for legendary weapons that are forever scattered, we sure do see a damn lot of the things."
(19) Athar: Why, so yes it is. It is tasked to be held by those who would breach Amunhotep's theft-proof tomb.
** (19) Athar glances at Norfirion. **
(14) Git: "Stone cutter. Given its name, it rouses certain urges of my criminal past. Pretty easy to rob a keep if you can cut right through the wall." :Grins:
(13) Kha: "Yup, here it is, Stonecutter. But hte King said they knew the location of Stonecutter, though he did not mention it's location so it may have been here"
(19) Athar: Ah, a question of power. There is one to be found in the sanctum of Mun-afik, and a second in the sanctum of Amun-hotep. Choose carefully, O Seeker! One will bind your soul while the other will bind your will. Both will grant you the power you seek. (smiles slyly)
(21) Norfirion: "If that is the cost I must pay to have what I seek, then so be it. My soul, my life, they are expendable in my endeavor."
** (21) Norfirion bows again and steps back. **
(19) Athar: You cannot master a Sword of Power until you have found it unclaimed or it is freely given. So it is written.
(14) Git: "Then I better ask politely."
** (19) Athar bows to the party. "And now, there is the matter of payment." **
(19) Athar: For my answers, you must answer a riddle.
** (21) Norfirion perks an eyebrow. **
(21) Norfirion: "Lovely." *he says sarcastically*
(20) Agatha: "I shoulda known there was a catch."
(13) Kha: "So if I wana ask more they will require similar payment?"
(19) Athar: Should you answer correctly, you may receive a reward or the answers to further questions. Should you fail...well, you will not fail.
(14) Git: "Glad to endulge ya kitten"
(14) Git: :raises a brow: "Thanks for the encouragement."
(19) Athar: You must choose before answering the riddle. The nature of the reward will determine the difficulty of the riddle. (purrs)
(20) Agatha: "Seems more like if we fail, then we're lunch."
** (14) Git found the F6 macro key **
(13) Kha: "Well I want more questions as my reward"
** (14) Git scratches his head, "Didn't really want anything else... but if you insist, what's up for offer?" **
(20) Agatha: "Hopefully, a map. The minotaur's memory ain't what it should be."
(14) Git: :to aggy: "Ooo... that would be nice"
(19) Athar: The way to leave this labyrinth is the reward.
(19) Athar: Or answers to further questions, but NOT the question of how to leave the labyrinth.
(14) Git: "Ah... well that sounds... necessary."
(13) Kha: "You already answered that for Halif"
(21) Norfirion: "And these riddles, are they on an individual basis or may we think and answer as a group?"
(13) Kha: "You said there was doors in the roof of all the domed rooms"
(19) Athar: That was one way. There is a more immediate way. (purr)
(19) Athar: You may think as a group.
(13) Kha: "I have a riddle I bet you cant answer, but that can wait untill after we answer yours"
(14) Git: "Shall we go for the escape route or is there anything else you guys want?"
(13) Kha: "I have several other questions, but none realy pertain to what we are doing here, atleast they wont in your opinion"
(20) Agatha: "Like I said, a map would be handy."
(13) Kha: "Can I answer one for more questions while the othes answer the one for the way out?"
(20) Agatha: "By the way, Kha, have you been writing down what the Sphinx has been saying?"
(13) Kha: "Yes, the interesting bits anyways. Well not writing them down persay I writ in the journal while the rest of you sleep"
(13) Kha: ((Finding a riddle for us?))
(14) Git: "Fascinating....anyway. If we release the curse on this place and the river is freed, getting out shouldn't be a problem, I hope."
(20) Agatha: "Well she's been telling us important locations. So remember to write them down."
(13) Kha: "Umm I think by way out Athar means the way to the next floor"
(13) Kha: "Ya, ya"
(14) Git: "Oh yeah, how about a favor madam. If we answer a riddle will you fly us up to the door in the cieling?"
(19) Athar: This is not a domed room, effendi.
(14) Git: "Not this room. One of thoe domed ones"
(13) Kha: "Effendi?"
(19) Athar: I cannot leave this chamber, effendi.
(19) Athar: It is the word for "friend", in the tongue of this land, outlander.
(13) Kha: "Oh thats usefull, I'll have to remember that"
(14) Git: "Oh... I'm sorry to make such a thoughtless request then. Promise we'll try to break this curse soon and free you up as well."
(14) Git: "Can you tell us how to open the doors then?"
(13) Kha: "Umm just ask for the riddle that gives us the way out Git"
(14) Git: "Fine fine. then to the exit please, madam"
** (21) Norfirion looks on amused as he paces about. **
(19) Athar: Very well, then. (purrs delightedly)
(19) Athar: What mysteries are in its creation?
Who's hand did bend its ore?
Where did the knowledge come from?
And could he have made any more?
On his finger it did lie,
Yet on his soul the more.
For the fire it would bring,
Would make his heart ring,
And death, would come knocking at his door.

** (21) Norfirion looks to Vrondard and Agatha "You two just keep swinging and I'll make sure you do it faster and harder. A golem isn't too fond of magics and most are impervious to direct magical assault. I'll try to prepare some magics to aid Git as well. He has a tendency to get cut to ribbons." **
(14) Git: "A ring?"
(18) Vrondard: "Thats a lot of questions.."
(19) Athar: A ring yes...effendi, but half an answer is no answer.
** (14) Git sets back against the well, thinking. **
(18) Vrondard: "a burial ring?"
(19) Athar: Is that your answer?
(14) Git: "No... wedding ring"
(18) Vrondard: "said somethin bout dead there"
(19) DM: ((I recommend not answering until you're sure))
(13) Kha: "A 'Ring of Fire' I belive is the correct answer"
(19) DM: ((you can talk OOC or in group whisper))
(20) Agatha: "Hold your tongues and think for second."
(20) Agatha: ((sounds like that tyger, tyger poem))
(14) Git: (in the forests of the night... heck it is frost)
(18) Vrondard: ((possibly since the first 4 lines are questions))
(13) Kha: "Ring of Fire is our answer"
(19) Athar: Humph.
** (14) Git glances askew to Kha, curious, then to the lioness **
(19) Athar: Very well, effendi, you have answered what I thought was unanswerable.
(13) Kha: "I'll ask you one if you would like"
(14) Git: "A what..?" :shakes his head and shrugs:
(19) Athar: Very well then. But I thought you wanted the word of release.
(20) Agatha: "Hmph. Never fails. The young have an affinity for riddles."
(14) Git: "We did."
(13) Kha: "They do, so I guess we better get that first, then I will ask you my riddle"
(20) Agatha: "Aye, I'd rather have a quick escape route above other things."
** (19) Athar nods. "The word is 'Atmoruuupheenmo'. Speak it as one, and you will be sent to the Garden of Eternal Delight, above us. But beware, for within the beauty of the Garden lies death eternally undying." **
(18) Vrondard: Desc: How about this one fer ya

"It cuts like a knife, but its not fer da table"
"Will keep you alive, as long as yer able"
"Protects your family honor as well as yer hide"
"As long as ya be keepin it at yer side"

(14) Git: "Dagger?"
(18) Vrondard: "gah shut up ya idiot!"
(18) Vrondard: "and yer wrong... mostly"
(13) Kha: Well here is a riddle for you...
'Twas in heaven pronounced, and 'twas muttered in hell,
An echo caught faintly the sound as it fell;
On the confines of earth 'twas permitted to rest,
And the depths of the ocean its presence confessed;
'Twill be found in the sphere when 'tis riven asunder,
Be seen in the lightning and heard in the thunder.
'Twas allotted to man with his earliest breath,
Attends him at birth, and awaits him in death,
Presides o'er his happiness, honor, and health,
Is the prop of his house, and the end of his wealth.
In the heaps of the miser 'tis hoarded with care,
But is sure to be lost on the prodigal heir.
It begins every hope, every wish it must bound,
With the husbandman toils, and with monarchs is crowned.
Without it the soldier, the seaman may roam,
But woe to the wretch who expels it from home!
In the whispers of conscience its voice will be found,"
Nor e'en in the whirlwind of passion be drowned.
'Twill not soften the heart; but though deaf be the ear,
It will make it acutely and instantly hear.
Yet in shade let it rest, like a delicate flower,
Ah... breathe on it softly, - it dies in an hour.

(14) Git: :Shrug:
(19) Athar: A butter knife?
(18) Vrondard: "that was fer her not you"
(18) Vrondard: "hmmm not fer the table lass"
(19) Athar: (to Vrondard)
(21) Norfirion: "Enough babble...we're wasting our time. The sooner we're done with this, the better."
(19) Athar: A jambiya then?
** (19) Athar thinks. **
** (21) Norfirion paces about impatiently. **
(18) Vrondard: "aint knowing what a jamby ya ya is"
(19) Athar: A scimitar?
(18) Vrondard: "that would apply... ifn yer was a woodsy sort or elf lover in the woods"
(13) Kha: "Riddles are saposed to have only one answer Vrondard, yours has many and the answers would be based on local weaponry"
(19) Athar: Well, if it is not a butter knife, a jambiya or a scimitar, then the answer is obviously a mamluk's axe.
(18) Vrondard: "its me axe... though scimitar or dagger would do"
(20) Agatha: "For once, I agree with the wizard. Let's leave the riddles to the Sphinx and the kids."
(21) Norfirion: "Who would have ever thought the wizard would grow bored of riddles while the dwarf was delighting himself in the." *chuckles*
(18) Vrondard: "yeah then the mammy lucks axe"
(21) Norfirion: the=them
(18) Vrondard: "well I know it can get lonely when yer by yerself in the tunnels like this"
** (14) Git sits thinking as he runs his fingertips along the surface of the water **
(18) Vrondard: "well... thats it then... thanks fer the infermation and the riddles"
(13) Kha: "My riddle is more fair since it only has one answer. Though it is a long riddle"
(14) Git: "Very long.." :agrees
(21) Norfirion: "So then, shall we be off?" *looks to the others*
** (20) Agatha stretches her arms and torso out while she waits for the others. **
(13) Kha: "I want to see if Athar can answer my riddle first"
** (21) Norfirion sighs. **
(20) Agatha: "Aye, I'm more than ready for this damned place."
(13) Kha: "I will give you one clue if you so wish"
** (21) Norfirion looks to Agatha and shakes his head in agreement. **
** (20) Agatha tends to her greataxe with a whetstone. **
** (13) Kha sits down and waits paitently for an answer, knowing very well that is is a hard riddle **
** (19) Athar yawns... **
(19) Athar: Oh, why not? It has been long since I have been entertained...
(19) Athar: weeeea
(13) Kha: "Let me know if you want me to repeat it, or tell you the one clue."
(19) Athar: The clue please.
(13) Kha: "A mans health has two"
(14) Git: :indignant: "Hey, mind your mouth in front of a lady."
(21) Norfirion has sent you a tree node...
** (21) Norfirion shakes his head at Git somewhat amused. **
** (13) Kha leans back "Let me know if you give up" **
(18) Vrondard: ((so Kha's riddle was just a big silence?))
(19) Athar: Love?
(13) Kha: "Nope, and another clue 'Love has none'"
(19) Athar: Boundaries?
(13) Kha: "Nope"
(19) Athar: I give up. What is it? Quite a keeper.
(13) Kha: "The letter H"
** (19) Athar grumbles and eventually falls asleep. **
(13) Kha: "Glad I could offer you a new riddle, and I guess my friends want to go, so I will bit you far well"
(20) Agatha: "Oh now that ain't fair. You can't have a riddle that dependent on a language."
** (14) Git chortles, "true, not every language has an H. remember they use pictures." **
(13) Kha: "It was spoken in common, thus can rely on that language"
(21) Norfirion: "Pfft, we've wasted enough time, now lets go."
(13) Kha: "Shall we say the word?"
(21) Norfirion: "Indeed"
(18) Vrondard: "yep I'm ready"
** (14) Git readies his gear and prepares to speak the word, "ready" **
** (20) Agatha gets up. "Finally." **
(13) Kha: "Atmoruuupheenmo"
(20) Agatha: "Hey, hold up."
(20) Agatha: "We don't say that until we're done here."
(14) Git: "Pretty sure we have to say it together Kha" :looks to aggy: "What's left"
(13) Kha: "thought we were?"
(14) Git: (brb)
(18) Vrondard: "Atmoruuupheenmo"
(20) Agatha: "Hmm. I guess so."
(13) Kha: "Oh ya there is still that last hall to look down"
(19) DM: You vanish...
(19) DM: ...and reappear elsewhere...
(20) Agatha: "Atmoruuupheenmoooo-"
(19) DM: (and you need to give me a few minutes to map this out)
(20) Agatha: "Wow. That was fast."
(13) Kha: "Oh and the rest of you mind if we give Halif back his Axe, he has been fair with us since we freed him from his servitude."
(13) Kha: ((Ok))
** (20) Agatha looks at the minotaur and studies him for a minute. **
(14) Git: "Only if you don't mind me using you as a human shield if he changes his mind about us"
(20) Agatha: "With a golem ahead we're gonna need all the help we can get. What do you think, Git?"
(13) Kha: "Thats fine Git"
(19) Halif: I thank you, effendi, and I shall help you till you leave this place and even beyond.
(21) Norfirion: "Ah yes that reminds me, before we go any further I have something for you Git."
(14) Git: :sigh: "Feel free" :to halif: "But you don't act without our consent. got it?"
(19) Halif: So do I, Halif ibn Shariz al-Qudra swear to you, by noble Kor.
** (14) Git glances to norf **
** (21) Norfirion utters off a quick incantation as he manipulates a small strip of leather then touches Git, who is engulfed in a faint glow appearing much like a suit of armor, before it fades. (Casting Mage Armor on Git). **
(13) Kha: "Thank you Halif, I am hounored to have your Oath."
(14) Git: "Eh? What's that then?" :looks himself over: "magical reinforcement?"
(21) Norfirion: "Indeed."
(21) Norfirion: "I don't care to have to carry you back in a sack as assorted pieces."
(20) Agatha: "Well, I don't think you'll be giving us much trouble."
(13) Kha: "Maybe the floor wont be able to bite you next time Git"
** (20) Agatha unstraps Halif's axe and holds it out to him." **
(14) Git: "I hope we don't find anymore hungry floors to test it
(19) DM: (afk while I map things.)
(13) Kha: ((NP))
(13) Kha: ((Gona take a smoke break then))
(14) Git: :to norf: "Thanks for the consideration, I'll be sure to put it to some use"
(20) Agatha: "How long does that effect last?"
** (21) Norfirion nods. "You're welcome my friend." **
(21) Norfirion: "At my current strength, around 5 hours or so."
(20) Agatha: ((brb afk))
(14) Git: "Still a nice stretch of time. I just hope I don't have to test it against the Sword."
(21) Norfirion: "My spellbook isn't the most expansive in terms of variety. My master Symir had entrusted me with several powerful scrolls which I was going to scribe into my book sometime, but I used them all to slay the Kernins after I was captured during the outbreak of the Withering Plague."
(21) Norfirion: "It's of utmost importance to me to fill its pages with new knowledge if I am to bring them back from the brink."
** (21) Norfirion closes his eyes and meditates as he waits for the groups next move. **
(21) Norfirion: "Ah yes there is the matter of the stone golem I wish to discuss. This stonecutter sword, I assume we are to find it if we wish to defeat this construct?"
(18) Vrondard: "bah"
(18) Vrondard: "twould help a bit"
(18) Vrondard: ((swear that Aggie found a sword a while back...))
(21) Norfirion: "Perhaps, but I do have an alternate plan, but I'm not so sure of its chance of success. Shall I entertain you with what I have in mind?"
(14) Git: "A stone carving blade, I figure a dwarf's dream. Though better it be an axe, eh Vron?"
(14) Git: "Wassat Norf?"
(21) Norfirion: "We might could lead it elsewhere and lure it into some pit trap or other obstacle if we can find one."
(13) Kha: ((I might have to go, I just noticed that I had bllod in my urin, so I am on the phone with my doctor to see if I should go in now or if I can wait till morning))
(21) Norfirion: "I have an invisbility spell that should let me remain unseen to it, and another spell, an illusion to bait it out and make it follow me someplace."
(14) Git: :shakes head: "Doubt it's supposed to leave the chamber. After all, it's a guardian not a hunter"
(21) Norfirion: "Indeed, that was my fear as well."
(21) Norfirion: "But I thought I should say so anyways, just in case."
(14) Git: 0.o (well, I doesn't sound like a particularly good thing dj)
(21) Norfirion: (ouch yeah that doesnt sound very nice. Hope its nothing serious)
(20) Agatha: ((Oh you jetsetting computer programmers. When will you learn to stop having such rampant promiscious sex))
(18) Vrondard: "certainly twould Git"
(20) Agatha: ((Seriously though, I hope it's not major.))
(14) Git: (I thought you were just suppose to go blind....)
(18) Vrondard: ((i hope you die... that way you can come back as a new character and take the craft wondrous item feats for us in real life))
(13) Kha: ((Well they said it is a 8 hour wait so I am just gona stay and play))
(18) Vrondard: ((for half price of course))
(14) Git: (Wonder if stonecutter can help ones in your kidneys...)
(18) Vrondard: ((i would stay off the "HotBottoms.com" website in the meantime))
(13) Kha: ((Hope I dont have any kidny or batter stones, those are painfull))
(14) Git: (that's what you get for that long ass riddle)
(14) Git: (hope you've learned yer lesson)
(13) Kha: ((Nope never =P))
(14) Git: (all this talk of bloody urine is making me hungry. Brb)
(18) Vrondard: ((that was a good laugh for me))
(20) Agatha: ((Oh dude. Gross!))
(20) Agatha: ((What the hell was that for?))
(21) Norfirion: Definately glad i just finished my last bite
(21) Norfirion: No way Git is gonna be able to eat now heh
(13) Kha: ((Sorry just my strange sense of humor))
(23) Lunauc (enter): 00:08
(20) Agatha: ((Luckily, I've long since mastered creating mental blocks for this sort of situation.))
(20) Agatha: ((Still, brb.))
(20) Agatha (exit): 00:09
(21) Norfirion: Whatever it is coming out her rear it looks like its completely disolved her face. I gotta research me a spell like that. "Norfirions Acidic Ass Burst"
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(14) Git' from server... Removing dead client
(14) Git (exit): 00:09
(24) Agatha (enter): 00:12
(25) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 00:13
(25) Kha: Booting '(13) Kha' from room...
(13) Kha (exit): 00:14
(19) DM: (back, sec)
(25) Kha: ((K))
(19) DM: (ok, 5 min pls. party appears in location 8)
(19) DM: (errata to the map: ignore the north door and south door of room 8, in their place are stone archways. did the map in a hurry, hence the reason for errors.)
(19) TaliesinNYC: You appear in an octagonal room, 30 feet across. The walls rise 55' overhead to a brilliantly lit dome. A large waterfall cascades down the south wall from the mouth of a gigantic carved lions' head, hung just below the lip of a ledge that encircles the room 30 feet up. The water splashes into a large pool, empties into a stream, and flows through the north entrance. The splashing water is quite noisy.

Four palm trees grow next to the pool. Their tops are nearly level with a ledge 30' above. Nestled in the lush greenery of their fronds grow several pineapple-like fruits.

Identical granite altars stand on the east and west sides of the pool.

Wooden doorways, banded in bronze, lead from the east and west walls.

You regain your sense of orientation and direction.

The distinct odor of rotting flesh assails your nostrils.

(23) Git: "Well, there's an odor I'm getting tired of."
(21) Norfirion: "More of the undying I take it..."
** (25) Kha snorts "A most unplesent smell" **
(21) Norfirion: "Much like the dwarf's boots.."
** (24) Agatha gets out her greataxe. **
(23) Git: "I wonder if that fruit's any good?" :staring up into the trees:
(18) Vrondard: "hmmm"
(18) Vrondard: "I wouldn't be complainin bout me boots nor eatin anything in here"
** (21) Norfirion concentrates as he begins muttering. **
(18) Vrondard: "could be poisoned"
(21) Norfirion: (Casting Detect Magic and sweeping the area)
** (19) Halif grabs his head for a minute, and gags, snorting. **
(25) Kha: "Athar said that this was a garden of Death"
whispering to Norfirion, the usual magic aura in the pyramid
whispering to Norfirion, the altars radiate magic as well
(25) Kha: "I wouldnt eat anything from here"
whispering to Norfirion, alteration fyi
(21) Norfirion: "The altars seem to be the only thing radiating anything of note."
(25) Kha: "Well that would make sense."
** (25) Kha goes and looks over the east Alter for any sign of which god it is dedicated to" **
** (23) Git moves through the north passage a bit to see where the water leads, while asking Norf: "What kind of magic's on the altar?" **
whispering to Kha, it doesn't seem to be dedicated to any particular deity or Aspect
(21) Norfirion: "Alteration magics..."
whispering to Kha, there are impressions of hands engraved on the surface of the altar. Runes can be seen inscribed on the altar as well.
(24) Agatha: "Alteration? What kind of alteration?"
(21) Norfirion: "Your guess is as good as mine. Give me a moment and I'll see how strong the aura is."
** (25) Kha places his hand in the hand prints on the alter **
(21) Norfirion: "The more technical term would be from the school of Transmutation."
** (21) Norfirion rubs his temples. **
(21) Norfirion: "Very very powerful indeed."
(21) Norfirion: "Be careful tinkering with that thing Kha."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
(24) Agatha: "Well, that's just lovely."
(25) Kha: "It has hand prints like the other alter so I was seeing if it opened a door like that one did"
(24) Agatha: "So anyone have a clue where that smell is coming from?"
(21) Norfirion: "Just be careful."
(21) Norfirion: (that was to Kha)
(25) Kha: "You know what LOGRA, REGRA, NEG or TURNIN mean?"
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(18) Vrondard' from server... Removing dead client
(18) Vrondard (exit): 00:36
** (21) Norfirion shakes his head. **
(26) Rasan (enter): 00:37
(21) Norfirion: "It doesn't seem familiar right away....Hmmmm."
** (25) Kha stands up and moves to the other alter **
** (21) Norfirion goes to examine the altar as he thinks. **
** (23) Git moves back from the north and scours the altar for things the wizard and priest may have missed, before heading over to examine the eastern door **
(27) Seiro (enter): 00:40
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (26) Vrondard...
** (26) Vrondard stays away from the altar **
(21) Norfirion: "Hmm on closer inspection they may be some form of command word."
(21) Norfirion: "An activation for something."
(27) Seiro (exit): 00:41
(21) Norfirion: "Perhaps you should utter these words while you place your hands on the altar, but that isn't the wisest idea considering how strong an aura I sensed."
(21) Norfirion: "For all I know it could turn you into a bullywug or a pile of ashes."
** (25) Kha places his hand in the handprints and repeats the writen words "LOGRA REGRA NEG TURNIN" **
** (21) Norfirion shrugs. **
(21) Norfirion: "Better him than me."
** (23) Git gets the hell away before Kha tries that **
** (21) Norfirion moves away with Git as well. **
(19) DM: Nothing seems to happen.
** (25) Kha shrugs and stands up **
(25) Kha: "Wana look over the doors Git?"
** (23) Git moves on to examine the eastern door **
** (21) Norfirion goes to examine the other altar. **
** (21) Norfirion turns to Kha. **
(21) Norfirion: "I believe two are required."
(25) Kha: "Hey Norf do the same thing on that alter at the same time as I do it on this one. It emited a low Hum untill I removed my hands"
(21) Norfirion: "You do so on that one, and I'll do so on the other one."
** (21) Norfirion nods to Kha and places his hands in the altar. **
(21) Norfirion: "Three."
(21) Norfirion: "LOGRA REGREA NEG TURNIN"
** (25) Kha kneels down again and repeats the proccess **
(24) Agatha: "This won't end well."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
** (25) Kha keeps his hands on the alter **
(25) Kha: "How long do we need to keep our hands here?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16)
** (21) Norfirion repeats the procedure again keep his hands in place. **
(21) Norfirion: "I don't know Kha."
(19) DM: Nothing seems to happen.
(21) Norfirion: "Perhaps whatever its done has already came into effect."
(24) Agatha: "Well, let's not push our luck."
(24) Agatha: "How's that door coming, Git?"
(25) Kha: "Strange. Any luck on the Door Git?"
** (23) Git shifts back quickly, and takes a tumble back away from the door, pulling a dagger out of habit (withdraw) **
(23) Git: "Wouldn't call it luck!"
(21) Norfirion: "Putting my spell to use already?" *turns to Git and the comotion*
** (23) Git stares intently at the door **
** (21) Norfirion slides his hands into his spell components pouch reflexively and waits as the situation unfolds. **
** (24) Agatha faces the door, axe ready. **
** (25) Kha removes his hands from the alter and places them back and says "TURNIN REGREA NEG LOGRA" **
(24) Agatha: "What's wrong?"
(19) DM: (ok, wait a sec pls)
(19) DM: When Kha says the words...
(19) DM: several things occur...
(23) Git: "Some shadow... thing. It took a swipe at me through the door"
(26) Vrondard: "get away from the door"
(19) DM: First, a low hum emanates from the altar. Then, he's slammed into the ceiling above.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [5d6] -> [4,6,3,2,2] = (17)
(19) DM: then, he falls down to the ground....
(23) Git: (Yaaaaayyy!)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [5d6] -> [2,4,1,1,4] = (12)
(19) DM: then nothing else happens, and the humming ceases.
** (25) Kha groans "ouch, dont say the words in that order" **
(25) Kha: [57-29] -> 28
(23) Git: "Guess you're even for the magnet room now, huh?"
** (21) Norfirion looks to Kha. "Are you ok?" **
** (25) Kha groans again, grabing his side as he stands **
(25) Kha: "Not quite the same, the roof here is much higher"
(21) Norfirion: "I told you to be careful." *sighs*
** (24) Agatha suppresses a laugh. "I'd say we're even." **
** (23) Git moves to check the western door, prepared to leap back once more in case of shadows **
(24) Agatha: "You'll be fine. You've taken worse lumps."
(25) Kha: "Might need to both say the words in that order, but I am not trying that order again"
** (25) Kha rubs his temples **
(24) Agatha: "Well, like I said let's not push our luck by triggering some trap."
(25) Kha: "Oneiros, The Lord of Fate, I beg of you, plead with Teleute that these wounds not be fatal."
(25) Kha: ((Gain [1d8+1] -> [5,1] = (6)HP))
(25) Kha: "Oneiros, The Lord of Fate, I beg of you, plead with Teleute that these wounds not be fatal."
(25) Kha: ((Gain [1d8+1] -> [1,1] = (2)HP))
** (21) Norfirion moves to the altar again and chants once more. **
** (19) Wa'run seems frightened. "What was that?" **
(25) Kha: "I think I broke a rib or two."
(25) Kha: "What was what?"
(19) Wa'run: You fell upwards and then down again. (is shaken)
(21) Norfirion: "The power of magic my overgrown companion" *looks to Halif*
(25) Kha: "I was thrown up by the magic from this Alter, probably because I said the words in the wrong oder."
** (19) Halif snorts. "The only magic I understand is my axe severing an opponent's head." **
** (25) Kha holds his ribs **
(19) Halif: If you do not watch yourself, you will get us all killed, effendi.
(25) Kha: "You and Vrondard will get along well, as long as you like choping Orc heads"
(19) Halif: What is an orc?
(23) Git: "Maybe it was the right order, but the wrong conditions. Could be to get us to the next level up, but first we'd need an opening.
(21) Norfirion: (anything from my read magic spell?)
(24) Agatha: "Never heard of an orc? At least this place has one thing going for it."
(25) Kha: "Could be Git, hey did you put any of that water from Athar's lair?"
(21) Norfirion: "Nothing useful either."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [18,16] = (34)
** (21) Norfirion steps back from the altar. **
(23) Git: "Yeah, Kha, got some in my waterskin."
(25) Kha: "An Orc my friend is a humonoid creature, not very intelagent, though they do have a spoken language."
(21) Norfirion: "Shall we just head north or elsewhere for now?"
(25) Kha: "May I have a drink?"
(26) Vrondard: "arrrr"
(26) Vrondard: "choping heads or a nice drink of whiskey would go well together"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [7,16] = (23)
(26) Vrondard: "though i doubt we'll find any orcs down here"
** (23) Git sets to work on the westen door. HIs picks in hand and body tense for fear of ghostly assault.. *Click* **
(23) Git: "Door number one, ready to open."
(24) Agatha: "Off we go then."
** (23) Git holds a dagger ready as he opens the door swiftly and takes quick position to the side of the portal **
(19) DM: "Die!!!!"
(19) DM: A shadowy figure lunges through the portal, aiming at Git. (init)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
(25) Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] -> [5,7] = (12)
(23) Git: [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
(24) Agatha: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
(26) Vrondard: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
(21) Norfirion: Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25)
(19) figure: You have not paid proper homage to the Taker, so you must DIE!!!
(19) DM: (25, Norf)
** (21) Norfirion withdraws a shaving of licorece root from his pouch and utters a quick incantation as he hands begin to move with blinding speed, soon everyone else feels there reflexes increased many times over. (Haste) **
(21) Norfirion: (The rooms small enough, so everyone should get that unless they have SR i need to penetrate)
(19) DM: (k)
(19) DM: (22, Ag)
(21) Norfirion: (+1 ref saves, +1 AC, +1 hit, and an extra attack at full BAB)
** (24) Agatha rushes ahead of the group and strikes out at the creature. **
(24) Agatha: [1d20+12] -> [18,12] = (30)
whispering to Agatha, + on weapon?
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [1] = (1)
(24) Agatha: ((+1))
whispering to Agatha, hit
(24) Agatha: [1d12+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
(24) Agatha: "Go back to the abyss and leave us be!"
(19) DM: It doesn't seem to be affected by Agatha's blows. Halif's eyes widen in amazement.
(19) DM: (19, Git)
(19) figure: You are an affront to the Taker!!! DIE!!!
(21) Norfirion: "My spell should protect you somewhat against its incorporeal touch!" *shouts to Git*
** (23) Git grits his teeth, trying to avoid the foul thing's attacks (defesnsive stance ac 22) while stabbing with the ceremonial dagger, hoping the magic blade can inflict some damage **
(23) Git: Ceremonial Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20)===> DMG: [1d4+1+0] -> [2,1,0] = (3)
(23) Git: Ceremonial Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [14,8] = (22)===> DMG: [1d4+1+0] -> [2,1,0] = (3)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d2] -> [2] = (2)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d2] -> [2] = (2)
(19) DM: (lightly wounded)
(19) DM: (19, Halif)
** (19) Halif brings his axe down on the wraith, uttering an oath in the language of his people. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d2] -> [1] = (1)
(19) DM: It's unaffected, causing the minotaur to utter an oath.
(19) DM: (12, Kha)
** (25) Kha runns the prays beads though his left hands **
(25) Kha: "Oneiros, The Destined One, send Potmos to protect me."
(25) Kha:

The group now has Oneiros` blessing


(19) DM: (12, the wraith, attacking Git)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [5,5] = (10)
(19) DM: (miss)
(19) DM: (5, Vron)
** (26) Vrondard moves close to the group attack (ready to attack) (im not sure there is room with Agatha, Git, Halif up there at the door already) **
(26) Vrondard: (done)
(19) DM: (25, Norf)
(21) Norfirion: "Git, my dagger. Its strong against undead. Here!"
** (21) Norfirion draws Aelous and hands it to the rogue. **
(23) Git: :to norf while still in harms way of the wraith: "Great. Be with you in a second."
(21) Norfirion: (just giving Git my dagger for my action)
(19) DM: (22, Ag)
** (24) Agatha tries to distract the creature away from Git and flails away at it with unnatural speed. ((full attack)) **
(24) Agatha: [1d20+13] -> [6,13] = (19)
(24) Agatha: [1d20+13] -> [11,13] = (24) ((second attack))
(19) DM: (19, Git)
** (23) Git keeps up his defensive dodging as he snatches the offered dagger from Norf and stabs for the shadowy mass (-4 attack for ac 22) **
(23) Git: Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13)===> DMG: [1d4+2+0] -> [2,2,0] = (4)
(23) Git: Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+9] -> [11,9] = (20)===> DMG: [1d4+2+0] -> [4,2,0] = (6)
(19) DM: (oops)
(19) DM: (keep the rolls)
(23) Git: (9, 16)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d2] -> [2] = (2)
(19) DM: (hit, Ag, both)
(24) Agatha: [1d12+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
(24) Agatha: [1d12+7] -> [7,7] = (14)
(19) DM: It dies and dissipates.
** (24) Agatha smiles as the wraith disappears. **
(25) Kha: "Well that was interesting, I wonder what god it considers the 'Taker'?"
(24) Agatha: "This axe really is something else. It even cuts through ghosts. Remind me to thank Magister Tremaine if we ever see him again.
** (23) Git hands back norf's dagger and cautiously moves in to inspect the western room **
(21) Norfirion: "Yes, any normal weapon would have failed miserably to inflict damage upon that beast."
(25) Kha: "It implied that we used the Alters imporoperly"
** (21) Norfirion sheathes Aeolas and waits for Git to finish inspecting the door. **
(23) Git: "No, it just said we didn't pay proper homage to the taker. Maybe we were supposed to make an offering somewhere."
(24) Agatha: "Guess we'll have to figure that out if we go through that room again."
(21) Norfirion: "Perhaps you should just keep this dagger of mine handy incase we encounter more of those Git."
(26) Vrondard: "buggers I didnt even get to hit anything"
(26) Vrondard: "Git next time just gets out of the way"
(23) Git: "Already encountered another one, in the door to the east. They're twins
(26) Vrondard: "no reason fer heroics or anything"
(21) Norfirion: "You want it back then? I don't mind if you use it."
(21) Norfirion: "It only works for those of elven blood anyways, and you carry enough for it function."
** (23) Git pats vron on the head like a child, "Now now, they're'll be more fighting later, I'm sure." **
(21) Norfirion: "Actually due to my spell Git was most likely the best defended against that creature."
(23) Git: "Thanks Norf. I'll give it back in good shape. Takes the dagger and moves into the western chamber t search
(21) Norfirion: "The spell I cast even works on such unseen hands as those, so he should be fine."
** (21) Norfirion hands the rogue the dagger before he goes into the chamber and keeps a weary eye peeled about the chamber. **
(19) DM: 60 minute warning.
(26) Vrondard: "there better be"
** (24) Agatha keeps Wa'run close by as she follows. **
(25) Kha: ((I am gona have to go, not feeling so well. think I am gona head to the hospital))
** (23) Git takes a moment scouring te walls in the small passage for hidden doors or compartments before moving to inspect the door across the room **
(25) Kha: See yall later
(25) Kha (exit): 01:54
(19) DM: (the hospital?)
(24) Agatha: ((Guess he said all that stuff in whisper))
(21) Norfirion: (i hope he's ok)
(28) Zane (enter): 01:57
(26) Vrondard: ((friday night at the ER))
(23) Git: ((...and so we pass a moment of silence for DJ's urinary track.))
(26) Vrondard: ((thats going really suck))
(21) Norfirion: ((yeah definately, i feel for the poor guy))
(26) Vrondard: ((and since he's not bleeding anywhere they can see.. he will be sitting there))
(21) Norfirion: ((yup, the wait is whats so bad))
(21) Norfirion: ((unless you're an illegal alien or something, then they just shufle you right through, heh))
(19) DM: (well I think we should stop because without a priest, you guys are screwed)
(21) Norfirion: (lol nah)
(26) Vrondard: ((ha))
(21) Norfirion: (screwed would be my thursday game)
(23) Git: (heck, the priest is usually what got us in trouble anyway)
(19) DM: (lol. well he has healing and you don't.)
(24) Agatha: ((true))
(21) Norfirion: (so we play until we're incapacitated :p)
(21) Norfirion: (or wraiths ourselves heh)
(19) DM: I'd love to do that but I'm not going to.
(23) Git: then next week kha heals us up, if he has any healing left after skydiving
(21) Norfirion: yeah he better be prayin to Onerios for real
(24) Agatha: ((Nah. Screwed is my local game. Of my party, only 2 people have their original characters.))
(24) Agatha: ((We're 5th lvl and the DM decided to throw a Deck of Many Things into the game for some reason.))
(23) Git: (sounds familiar...)
(19) DM: well, it's up to you, but I can say that running this level without a priest will be difficult if not impossible for you.
(21) Norfirion: Hey at least you dont have to worry about galatic destruction from several different sources
(21) Norfirion: yeah i can see us camping like 2 weeks between each room to heal heh
(21) Norfirion: But really this aint nothing compared to the death I usually have to deal with, huge grappling anit-magic field projecting creatures at the bottom of the ocean, etc
(24) Agatha: And I'm guessing the water we stored only had healing properties while in the Sphinx's chamber.
(23) Git: have to ask kha, he already drank mine
(21) Norfirion: maybe it'll heal you if you believe it will, placebo effect :-p
(19) DM: ok guys, what's it going to be?
(21) Norfirion: I'm use to taking risks, I'll play, death dont concern me. But its up to everyone else
(23) Git: wait I suppose. Though I'm not sure how halpful Kha's priestly aspect is
(21) Norfirion: if we get too bad we can always just stop in a room and end the session anyways
(24) Agatha: That's right.
(24) Agatha: Let's see what we can see.
(21) Norfirion: might as well, im bored shitless on a friday night
(24) Agatha: If we see a really rough fight, it'll make a decent stopping point.
(21) Norfirion: heh
(23) Git: So, onward to gore and glory.
(19) DM: ok
(28) Zane (exit): 02:09
(24) Agatha: Besides, I just killed a freakin' wraith. Ain't nothing gonna fell me.
(19) DM: The door opens to reveal a corridor, bereft of anything save for dust. A closed wooden door can be seen on the opposite wall.
(26) Vrondard: "hmm pretty empty in here"
(26) Vrondard: "sure aint feeling right bout it though"
(21) Norfirion: (which door was this again, east or west?)
** (23) Git strolls in cautiously, moving toward the next door to inspect it for dangers **
(23) Git: (west)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [8,16] = (24)
** (23) Git gets out his tools and sets to work on the door. "This'll be a minute, stay back" **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [17,13] = (30)
** (24) Agatha nods. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [5,13] = (18)
** (26) Vrondard guards Git **
** (21) Norfirion waits patiently. **
** (23) Git grabs the door handle and warns, "This might be dangerous." Flinging the door open he automatically jumps back trying to avoid whatever may come **
** (21) Norfirion braces himself. **
** (26) Vrondard grips his axe expectantly **
** (24) Agatha takes a step forward. **
(23) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+9] -> [8,9] = (17)
(19) DM: A pair of spears shoot out of the door jamb, narrowly missing Git by inches (almost impaling him).
** (23) Git lets out a hiss of breath and rests against the spear shaft in relief "Fun." **
(23) Git: :then opens the door to check out the next room
** (21) Norfirion shakes his head. "Too close for my comfort, but thats to be expected here." **
(26) Vrondard: "more where that came from most likely"
(19) DM: There's a small, 5' x 5' room that's empty except for dust...

It's definitely chilly in this area.

(23) Git: (how far to the cieling?)
(19) DM: (20')
(23) Git: "Interesting" :moves into search the walls for another door
(26) Vrondard: "we have to go this way"
(26) Vrondard: "I remember the last chilly room we messed with"
** (21) Norfirion looks around the chamber quietly and pulls his robes closer against the cold. **
(26) Vrondard: "nothing but trouble is what this smells like"
(24) Agatha: "Could just be a decoy."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [16,16] = (32)
(19) DM: (30 minute warning)
(23) Git: :after scouring the walls: "There are two hidden doors here. West and South, which way first?"
(21) Norfirion: "Hmmm"
(21) Norfirion: "One is as good as another I suppose, we dont really have any leads as to where this chamber is do we?"
(23) Git: :shrugs and tries to get the southern passage open:
(19) DM: It recedes to the left, silently.
(19) DM: A passage, lit by phosphorescent blue mold on the walls, can be seen in the interior. At the end of the corridor, the glint of gold can be seen.
** (21) Norfirion squints his eyes and covers his mouth with the hems of his robes. **
** (21) Norfirion utters an incantation and makes a quick gesture and conentrates down the hall. **
(21) Norfirion: (Detect Magic)
** (23) Git moves south, eyeing the mold thoughtfully. "I wonder what people would pay for that." :Saunters the hall, dagger, heading south **
(21) Norfirion: "No magic at all."
** (21) Norfirion follows Git with his robes still covering his mouth. **
(19) DM: At the end of the corridor is a gigantic statue of Amunhotep.
(24) Agatha: "Hmm. Kinda reminds of that one crazy mine. Do you boys remember?"
(21) Norfirion: "I don't sense any magic from him, hopefully its not some form of golem."
** (21) Norfirion takes a closer look at the statue to try and see if it is a golem or some magical construct. **
(24) Agatha: ((Any glass?))
(26) Vrondard: "sure hope not neither.. thats a mean looking thing if it comes alive"
(21) Norfirion: Skill: Spellcraft [1d20+15] -> [20,15] = (35)
** (23) Git searches the statue in fascination **
(24) Agatha: "Well, it's supposed to be in a glass chamber, isn't it?"
(19) DM: ((nope))
(19) DM: It's a golden statue of Amun-hotep. He's depicted as holding a jeweled staff and a large gem easily the size of a child's fist.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [17,16] = (33)
(19) DM: You pass by two stone doors, one on the W and one on the E, on your way down the corridor to the statue.
(24) Agatha: "The staff of Amun-hotep and one of the gems...well, that's two goals down."
(23) Git: "Uh... no... it's just a statue aggy"
** (24) Agatha gets a closer look. **
(24) Agatha: "Oh, so they are. Well a woman can hope, can't she.
** (24) Agatha wonders if her eyesight is going. **
** (26) Vrondard gets behind Aggie... **
(26) Vrondard: "see anything ahead of us Git"
(21) Norfirion: "It's ok, its dark in here."
(23) Git: "Yeah... a statue"
(26) Vrondard: "this sure is a lure for Aggie here... I smells a trap"
(26) Vrondard: "but I just dont see it"
(21) Norfirion: "Your intuition may just come to fruition yet my fellow dwarf, lets just hope Git spots it before its on us this time."
(26) Vrondard: "alright let me check it out Aggie"
** (26) Vrondard goes forward and looks at the statue from the intersection **
(26) Vrondard: "any reason i should be touching this thing?"
(21) Norfirion: "I wouldn't think so."
(26) Vrondard: "well there be a door to the right and a door to the left here"
(26) Vrondard: "choose one Git and check it out"
** (21) Norfirion moves forward after the dwarf. **
(26) Vrondard: (thinking we are between the doors of 12/16)
** (23) Git searches the eastern door **
(26) Vrondard: (12)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [19,16] = (35)
(26) Vrondard: ...
** (23) Git tinkers with the lock **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [19,13] = (32)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [17,13] = (30)
(23) Git: :as he unlocks the door: "Why is it so damn cold in in a desert?" :flinches back
(19) DM: (and we'll stop here)
(19) DM: Tune in next session when we begin a combat against two wraiths...


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms