Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
11 users online
5 Registered
0 Hidden
6 Guests
Registered Users: Ace Homework, CharlesAgils, Daltonmip, DouDoomo, Minuala


Back to Tolmara Logs
(4263) Kha: ((Sorry my server is having issues today))

(4263) Kha: ((Sorry my server is having issues today))
(4262) Agatha: No worries.
(4261) Vrondard: sure sure
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (4263) Dj Gilcrease...
(4261) Vrondard: no issues with 1.6.5 at all...
(4261) Vrondard: : )
(4261) Vrondard: muauauaauauauauauauaaua
(4261) Vrondard: im to DJ was someone should have been to Vioxx
(4263) Kha: That isnt 1.6.5 the server I was using is 1.6.1
(4259) DM: ok, well the door opens into a passage that runs left to right.
(4261) Vrondard: "hmmm were's dis arch"
** (4261) Vrondard looks left and right **
** (4263) Dj Gilcrease glanses though the door **
(4261) Vrondard: (and left again... takes everyones hands and crosses the street)
(4262) Agatha: "Halif? Halif, how are you doing?"
(4263) Kha: "Wonder what direction we are saposed to go."
(4261) Vrondard: "I aint be memberin"
(4259) DM: There are three different corridors that lead out of the left-right passage. All are clear of the strange disorienting mist.
(4259) DM: One straight ahead, one 50' to your right, and one 50' to your left.
(4261) Vrondard: "straight seems sensible"
(4261) Vrondard: "any objections... then lets do that"
(4263) Kha: "Halif didn't say what direction to go from here, so I guess I agree strait would make sense"
** (4263) Kha starts moving with Halif, keeping pace with Agatha **
** (4261) Vrondard leads the group straightish **
(4260) Git: (is there a 'straight' if the passage runs left to right?)
(4264) Sauro (enter): 23:22
(4262) Agatha: "One is as deadly as any other."
(4264) Sauro: Take this!
(4264) Sauro (exit): 23:22
(4259) DM: ((it's like a trident. the middle prong is the corridor straight ahead))
(4261) Vrondard: ((gotcha))
** (4260) Git moves along in pace with Vronard, keeping watch for signs of traps and eyeing the walls for markings to denote direction **
** (4262) Agatha follows the dwarf, dragging Halif along. **
(4261) Vrondard: "gots this down to three ways... I can deal wid that"
(4263) Kha: "Well at lest that mist is gone"
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (4263) Kha...
** (4263) Kha keeps glancing back over his sholder while carrying Halif **
(4261) Vrondard: "hmmm wasnt no big deal... least fer me"
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (4263) Kha...
(4259) DM: The passage ends in a heavily planked door, like the last one.
(4259) DM: It too stands closed.
** (4263) Kha shifts Halifs weight and glances over his sholder **
** (4261) Vrondard waits for Git to analyze **
** (4260) Git takes his usual role, moving up to examine the door for traps, listening for movement on the other side and peeking through the keyhole if possible **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [2,13] = (15),[1d20+11] -> [4,11] = (15)
(4262) Agatha: "What is it they call it? Dee ja voo?"
(4253) Vallan (enter): 23:31
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+11] -> [14,11] = (25)
(4261) Vrondard: "kinda starting to like it down here"
** (4260) Git gets out his tools, going to work on the door, and seeming to having a bit of difficulty at first, before... "Hehe.. there we go." **
(4261) Vrondard: "was getting a bit too much o' that desert air fer me comfurt"
(4263) Kha: "That door have any traps like the one that poisoned Halif did?
** (4260) Git tucks his tools back on his belt and readies a dagger before slowly cracking the door open **
(4260) Git: "I hope not..."
(4253) Vallan (exit): 23:34
(4263) Kha: "Good"
(4261) Vrondard: "alright let me see whats worth seein"
** (4261) Vrondard approaches the door and shoulders it open more from behind his shield **
(4260) Git: "I mean, there is one here, but... it was sprung a long time ago by the looks of it"
** (4260) Git steps back to give the dwarf plowing room **
(4261) Vrondard: "hmm wondering if that means were goin the right way or not"
(4261) Vrondard: "well i aint fer knowing till we get to the end"
** (4263) Kha shurgs **
(4259) DM: The room beyond is empty...except for a solitary wooden chest in the far end of the chamber.
** (4263) Kha moves with Agatha carrying Halif **
(4261) Vrondard: "hmm this be looking like a trap to me"
(4261) Vrondard: "sumthing to get a thief excited about... and gets himself kilt"
** (4260) Git looks about the new room before entering holding Vronard's shoulder lightly to keep him from entering first. He takes his time scouring the room and the chest within **
(4261) Vrondard: (any other visible doors?)
(4259) DM: (nope)
(4260) Git: "How far to the chest?"
(4260) Git: (meant that to be in parenthesis not qotations)
(4263) Kha: "Guess this is not the right direction, since this does not look like the Shpinx's lair"
** (4262) Agatha shifts her weight as she tries to peer over their shoulders. **
** (4260) Git enters cautiously, examining the stones for traped pressure plates or such as he goes **
(4260) Git: :To kha: "Dunno. Might be a secret passage in here"
(4261) Vrondard: "not unless the Sphinx is in da chest"
(4261) Vrondard: "should we come back here?"
(4261) Vrondard: "aint worth getting hurt over ... we can always come back and get hurt later"
(4263) Kha: "True, but I'll wait out here with Halif and Agatha since I cant move very quickly and still hold Halif up"
(4269) dog (enter): 23:40
(4269) Gate (exit): 23:41
(4260) Git: "Don't worry. I'll try not to take long." :Offers as he begins into the room toward the chest
(4262) Agatha: "Aye, I can handle this big lug just fine, but I ain't in a position to be jumping around."
** (4261) Vrondard shakes his head knowing good sense rarely is taken by Git **
(4259) DM: The floor of the room shifts suddenly under Git, and springs up as if to fold over and crush him under its weight. You (the rest of the party) then see the floor for what it is...as the body of a creature that appears to be "floor".
(4270) Zane (enter): 23:43
(4260) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+9] -> [16,9] = (25)
(4262) Agatha: "Holy--!"
(4260) Git: init [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
(4271) Xeriar (enter): 23:43
(4271) Xeriar: I am a great and terrible snowflake!
(4271) Xeriar (exit): 23:43
** (4263) Kha almost drops Halif **
(4263) Kha: "Whooa"
** (4262) Agatha droops a bit under the weight. **
(4263) Kha: "Lets lay him down"
** (4263) Kha starts to lay Halif down gently **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [5] = (5)
(4261) Vrondard: "gah I told ya"
(4260) Git: (how much of the floor attacks? is it the whole floor or just a section that I'm on? Does it attack as a gelotinous mass or do the stones move together rigid?)
** (4262) Agatha tries to drag the minotaur back a bit. **
(4261) Vrondard: ((probably one of those old 1e or 2e monsters... like a cloaker but they cover the floor))
(4259) DM: (the section that you're on. imagine a carpet rolling up, with you on the section that's being rolled up)
(4261) Vrondard: ((or the entire thing is a mimic...))
(4260) Git: (hai)
(4261) Vrondard: ((the floor is unstable... end of story))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
(4261) Vrondard: ((I got 5gp on the floor... who wants action on Git?))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [10,1] = (11)
(4260) Git: (thank you for your confidence vron)
(4259) DM: Halif is still unconscious.
(4261) Vrondard: ((hmmm even Git wont take the bet... ha!))
(4260) Git: (not very strong against constructs, so I may be in a very bad position here)
(4261) Vrondard: ((aggie will save you... course you'll take half the damage that she deals out))
** (4263) Kha helps Agatha move Halif out of the way and then works on freeing Vonatros from his pack **
(4262) Agatha: ((whisper groups are still working?))
** (4261) Vrondard prays to the gods the DM isn't choking on a chicken wing **
(4263) Kha: "I wonder if that is another of those shape shifers, who knows what they can change into"
(4261) Vrondard: "bah there everywhere... get out of there Git"
(4259) DM: (init, the rest of you)
(4262) Agatha: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
(4263) Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
(4261) Vrondard: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(4270) Zane (exit): 23:58
(4260) Git: Escape Artist Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23)
** (4260) Git squeezes free of the odd creature while his hand reaches down into his pouch. As he rights himself his off hand comes up with a vial of poison, popping the corck with his thumb as he aims for the open mouth of the 'thing' **
(4260) Git: (this a touch attack?)
** (4261) Vrondard watches Git dance like the girly man he is **
(4259) DM: (no, it's not. I don't think it is.)
(4260) Git: ranged attack then(since I'm trying to splash it into the open mouth) : [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
(4260) Git: (just figured it would be touch since I'm not trying to get through his 'armor'. Not sure)
(4259) DM: The vial smashes into the creature's hide and splashes liquid all over it's "skin".
(4259) DM: It shifts slightly and your aim misses.
(4259) DM: (21, Ag)
(4261) Vrondard: ((ha now when it bites you... you get poisoned... nice work))
** (4262) Agatha gets out her axe and charges the creature. **
(4262) Agatha: "Wa'run, watch over the minotaur!"
(4260) Git: (thank you. I like to make things more challenging)
(4262) Agatha: ((No surprises during my approach I hope.))
(4259) DM: ((k))
(4259) DM: ((go))
** (4262) Agatha slashes away at creature trying to hit a spot that isn't wrapped around Git. **
(4262) Agatha: [1d20+11] -> [5,11] = (16)
(4261) Vrondard: ((git being wrapped up here or has he nimbly escaped being smothered for the moment?)
(4262) Agatha: ((Oh, he got free. Reckless abandon it is then.
(4262) Agatha: ((Sorry, my mistake))
(4262) Agatha: ((Still attacking.))
(4262) Agatha: ((Hit?))
(4259) DM: ((miss))
(4259) DM: (16, Kha)
** (4263) Kha frees his spear from his pack **
(4259) DM: (13, the creature)
(4261) Vrondard: (done Kha?)
(4259) DM: It emits a low moan, audible to you...
(4259) DM: It sounds as if your physical fibre is being wrenched from your bodies, making it impossible for you to concentrate on your actions. (Fort save)
(4260) Git: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
(4261) Vrondard: Fortitude vs. Magic Spells/Spell-like: Save [1d20+6+4+2] -> [19,6,4,2] = (31)
(4263) Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+8] -> [4,8] = (12)
(4261) Vrondard: ...
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3)
(4262) Agatha: [1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17)
(4259) DM: Kha drops to the ground, letting Vontaros go, and clutches his stomach with his hands....
(4259) DM: (11, Git)
** (4260) Git shivers and drops to his knees **
(4259) DM: (10, Vron)
** (4261) Vrondard moves in and attacks with vigor... "I'll kill it.. sounds like its injured good already" (moves into a likely spot... aoo AC is 28) **
(4261) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+5+4+1+1] -> [13,5,4,1,1] = (24) Critical on Natural 20
(4261) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [10,4,1] = (15) damage
(4261) Vrondard: "gaaaah!"
(4261) Vrondard: "oh come on now... dont be laying down in da fight"
(4261) Vrondard: (done)
(4259) DM: (21, Ag)
** (4262) Agatha gives her comrades ailments a moment's thought before laying into the creature again. **
(4262) Agatha: [1d20+11] -> [17,11] = (28)
(4259) DM: (hit)
(4262) Agatha: [1d12+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
(4259) DM: (lightly wounded)
(4259) DM: (13, the creature)
(4261) Vrondard: ((Kha doesnt get to blubber and cry or something?))
(4259) DM: It attempts to engulf Git again.
(4259) DM: ((no, he doesn't.))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [12,1] = (13)
** (4263) Kha continues rolling around trying to keep from vomiting **
(4260) Git: (aaww....)
(4260) Git: Escape Artist Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
(4259) DM: (11, Git)
** (4260) Git breaks from his catharsis to suddenly shift back from the moster's grasp and fling the dagger in hand for its max once more (sneak?) **
(4260) Git: Dagger(thrown) Attack Roll: [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)===> DMG: [1d4+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
(4260) Git: :use move action to tumble away
(4260) Git: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [19,10] = (29)
(4259) DM: The problem is that the entire floor is the creature's body.
(4259) DM: (10, Vron)
** (4261) Vrondard attacks again... slashing with his dwarven axe "I'll get you good again" **
(4261) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+5+4+1+1] -> [11,5,4,1,1] = (22) Critical on Natural 20
(4261) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [10,4,1] = (15) damage
(4260) Git: (eh? I thought you said earlier that it was just the section I had been on. Oh well then. Nm)
(4279) [DM] Chris (enter): 00:38
(4279) [DM] Chris (exit): 00:38
(4261) Vrondard: (done)
(4259) DM: (it didn't animate its entire body, just the section you were on.)
(4259) DM: (seriously wounded)
(4259) DM: (21, Ag)
** (4262) Agatha continues hacking away, now using slower, heavier swings. **
(4262) Agatha: ((Power attack: 3 from attack to damage))
(4262) Agatha: [1d20+8] -> [3,8] = (11)
(4259) DM: (miss)
(4259) DM: (13, the creature)
** (4263) Kha continues rolling around trying to keep from vomiting **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
** (4260) Git groans as the creature bites into him **
(4261) Vrondard: ((poison save poison save!))
(4260) Git: (don't help)
(4259) DM: (no poison save.)
(4259) DM: (11, Git)
** (4260) Git gives up offense and slips into total defense (+6, AC 22) **
(4262) Agatha: "Git! Pull back!"
(4261) Vrondard: "bah its almost dead..."
(4260) Git: :grumbles as he tries to avoid the stone beast: "Love to Aggy, really."
(4261) Vrondard: "they be holes all over this thing now"
(4262) Agatha: "Easy for you to say. I swear this thing is bluntin' my axe!"
(4259) DM: (10, Vron)
** (4261) Vrondard attacks yet again **
(4261) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+5+4+1+1] -> [2,5,4,1,1] = (13) Critical on Natural 20
(4261) Vrondard: "buggers... ya cursed me!"
(4261) Vrondard: (done)
(4259) DM: (21, Ag)
(4262) Agatha: "Don't look at me. Arrgh! If I had... that kind..Yah! Of power...I'd 'ave..."
** (4262) Agatha speaks between swings and dodges. **
(4262) Agatha: ((Power attack: 3 from att to dmg))
(4262) Agatha: [1d20+8] -> [19,8] = (27)
(4262) Agatha: [1d12+10] -> [12,10] = (22)
(4262) Agatha: "Yaarrrgh! Used it."
(4261) Vrondard: ((you stole my mojo!))
(4259) DM: The creature collapses to the ground, dead.
(4261) Vrondard: ((how far did it have to collapse?))
(4259) DM: At that, the "chest" splinters apart.
(4261) Vrondard: "buggers again!"
** (4260) Git gives a huff, grabbing his wounde shoulder as he stands to spit on the stone monstrosity. "I hate things like that." **
(4259) DM: (Reflex, Ag and Vron, to prevent being smothered)
(4295) Zane (enter): 00:56
(4261) Vrondard: Reflex: Save [1d20+3+1] -> [16,3,1] = (20)
(4262) Agatha: [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)
** (4261) Vrondard moves his shield in front of the exploding spray of ick **
(4259) DM: (done)
** (4263) Kha gropes around on the floor for Vontaros, still feeling sick **
(4261) Vrondard: "digusting things... always happenin"
(4295) Zane (exit): 00:58
(4261) Vrondard: "blah..."
(4261) Vrondard: "hmm I say we roll this thing out of the ways and see if anything is under its"
** (4262) Agatha disgustedly tries to wipe off the muck. **
(4263) Kha: "Oh what was that, I still dont feel well"
** (4260) Git saunters over to the ruined chest, toeing the remains for any contents **
(4262) Agatha: "Could be worse."
(4261) Vrondard: "har... it sdead... start feeling better"
(4261) Vrondard: "not like yer spear was going to flame up and do nothing anyway right?"
(4262) Agatha: "How are you holding up Git?"
(4263) Kha: "Vontaros may not be as flashy as my spear of flame, but he gets the job done."
(4260) Git: :shrugs ... and winces.: "I'll live for now"
** (4263) Kha picks up Vontaros and examins the weapon, then goes to check on Wa`run and Halif **
** (4260) Git kneels down, handling a silver blade and inspect some bones from the chest. **
(4262) Agatha: "Kha, can you still manage a patch job?"
** (4261) Vrondard starts to roll one end of floor creature up like a carpetting roll **
(4262) Agatha: "We may need some sooner or later."
(4261) Vrondard: "might be sumthin under here"
(4263) Kha: "I can trry, but I do not know how much good I will do"
(4262) Agatha: "Leave it up to Git."
** (4260) Git stands, holding a silver Jambiya and readiing from it, " In the name of Ra, the Ever-Living Blade of light." Sighs looking about. " So... ontot he next trap then?" Grins **
(4263) Kha: "nice find Git"
(4262) Agatha: "I'm game."
** (4263) Kha check on Halif **
(4263) Kha: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23)
(4260) Git: :raises a brow: "Yeah Kha... well worth the trouble." :dripping sarcasm:
(4261) Vrondard: (Vron find anything under the creature... he will roll from both sides to see if anything shows up)
whispering to Vrondard, k
(4261) Vrondard: ((stairway to the chamber of glass would be nice...))
(4262) Agatha: "A little connection to the nicer gods never hurts."
(4263) Kha: "It very well may be, but we will have to wait and see"
(4262) Agatha: "...Unless they catapault you across the world on some unknown quest."
(4261) Vrondard: "ya still get to test yer mettle... aint too bad"
** (4262) Agatha turns and approaches Wa'run and Halif. **
(4261) Vrondard: "sitting round a tavern drinking and beaten on drunks don't prove nothin"
** (4262) Agatha smiles. "Never a dull moment, hunh?" **
(4259) DM: Now that the creature in the room is dead, you're able to get a more complete measure of the room: a 30' square chamber capped by a domed ceiling.
(4259) DM: Your sense of orientation returns. You know that in the direction of the passage is south.
** (4260) Git scours the walls of the room for secret compartments, mostly to entertain him self as Vronard plays roll the baddie **
(4263) Kha: "So what direction should we head next?"
(4261) Vrondard: "if this is a dead end... either right or left"
(4261) Vrondard: "we will let Git choose..."
(4261) Vrondard: "and then we will go the other way.... har har har"
(4260) Git: "First rule of searching. If all else fails, go right"
(4261) Vrondard: "then we should prolly go left"
** (4263) Kha straps Vontaros to his back again, and prepares to help Agatha with Halif **
** (4262) Agatha hefts up Halif's unconscious body. "Either way we won't see any objections outta this fella." **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [14,13] = (27)
** (4260) Git begins back down the hall to the intersection, Jambiya idly in hand **
** (4263) Kha helps Agatha **
(4263) Kha: "Ready when you are"
(4261) Vrondard: (done with the middle tang... we choose another one)
(4262) Agatha: "I always am these days, lad."
(4261) Vrondard: ((or is it tine?))
(4259) DM: ((tine))
(4261) Vrondard: ((everyone vote left or right))
(4261) Vrondard: L
(4260) Git: (r)
(4263) Kha: ((L from the way we will be facing))
(4294) Blue (enter): 01:20
(4262) Agatha: [1d2] -> [1] = (1)
(4262) Agatha: ((left))
(4294) Blue (exit): 01:21
** (4263) Kha shifts Halif and starts down the hall, waiting for Agatha to catch up **
(4260) Git: (the lefts have it
(4262) Agatha: ((brb. Gotta grab some grub.))
(4259) DM: You turn down the corridor. The passage ends in a heavily planked door that stands closed, much like the previous one. There is an incense-like odor here.
** (4263) Kha sniffs the oder trying to identify it **
(4261) Vrondard: "hmmm that smell the sphinx?"
** (4260) Git silently sneaks ahead to the door, Listening to it and trying to look under the base with his mirror for signs of activity with before playing with anything **
(4304) Ghaele (enter): 01:27
(4263) Kha: "Smells good what ever it is"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [12,13] = (25),[1d20+11] -> [12,11] = (23)
** (4260) Git backs off quietly to the group, "Well, something's in their. May be the griffin, may be another trap. Want to check the other path first?" **
(4263) Kha: "So the door locked Git?"
(4260) Git: (griffin + sphinx)
(4260) Git: (er = even*)
(4263) Kha: "Lets just see whats behind the door"
(4260) Git: "It might be sleeping. And barging in may just piss it off. Is Halif near waking yet?"
(4262) Agatha: ((back))
(4263) Kha: "I doubt it, looks like the poison hit him hard"
(4263) Kha: "If it is asleep just knock on the door, Agatha can you hold Halif with out my help?"
(4260) Git: "Yes, but if it's an enemy and I knock, I'm just alerting it, hence the cunundrum. Shall we take the risk?"
(4260) Git: :twirls his new dagger, waiting casually for an answer
(4262) Agatha: "Better to catch 'em off guard than the other way around,"
(4263) Kha: "Lets set Halif down then."
(4260) Git: "aye"
** (4260) Git heads back toward the door, waiting for the others to prepare and listening for anything else from within **
** (4262) Agatha eases the minotaur down. **
** (4263) Kha stands ready with but leaving his spear on his back **
** (4262) Agatha gets her axe out. **
** (4260) Git tucks the jambiya in his belt and gives a sound knocking to the door in courtesy **
** (4263) Kha waits for the door to open **
(4263) Kha: "Guess noone is going to answer, just open it"
(4261) Vrondard: "alright lets be all ready and we can go in"
(4261) Vrondard: (eventually we do so)
** (4263) Kha is ready waiting for someone to open the door **
** (4261) Vrondard opens the door **
(4260) Git: (brb)
(4259) DM: ...you can hear snoring coming from behind .
(4260) Git: "It's sleeping."
(4261) Vrondard: "hmmm something yeah"
(4261) Vrondard: "whats that one about letting sleeping dragons lie?"
** (4261) Vrondard opens the door and lets him and Git take a look at what is inside **
(4260) Git: :shakes head: "I don't think it's a dragon. Not that I haven't been wrong before.... frequently."
** (4263) Kha waits at the ready as they open the door **
(4259) DM: You see a 30' square room with 30' tall vertical walls rising to a flat ceiling. There is a platform directly across the room from the door. In the center of the floor, a circular well 10' in diameter surges with clear water. The water rushes at an enormous rate from the well into a 3' wide by 3' deep channel in the floor. This channel runs swiftly into a 3' diameter circular opening under the platform. A large figure lies prone upon the platform, eyes closed and snoring. It's a lioness with the wings of an eagle.
(4260) Git: "Well... I suppose we've found the sphinx."
** (4263) Kha calls out "Hello there" **
** (4262) Agatha looks on with amazement. "Well, I'll be..." **
(4263) Kha: "Wow it sleeps deeply"
(4261) Vrondard: "must really be tired... hope it aint angry about us being here none"
(4260) Git: "Angry? I just hope she isn't hungry when she wakes up."
(4262) Agatha: "Well let's not make it mad. I'll bet she's real cranky in the morning."
(4261) Vrondard: "har... couldnt be worse than you Aggie"
** (4261) Vrondard steps forward to the pool **
(4261) Vrondard: "another one of these churning water wells"
** (4262) Agatha throws the dwarf a look. "I'd slug ya if I didn't think it might wake the creature." **
(4261) Vrondard: "part o' the river they trapped"
(4263) Kha: ((AFK Bio break))
(4261) Vrondard: "well I'm hoping that would work... we be here to talk to it aint we?"
(4259) DM: It blinks an eye open, and yawns wide, exposing a tooth filled mouth.
** (4260) Git takes a breath and moves into the room, and speaks up, "Pardon me, madam." **
(4261) Vrondard: "good morning yer lioness... eaglesss... sphinxess"
** (4259) Wa'run takes a look at the sphinx and faints in awe. **
** (4261) Vrondard starts the diplomacy which should make everyone else shudder in fear **
(4260) Git: "We're sorry to intrude on your chamber, but we are wandering travellers on a quest to remove the curse of this pyramid, may we enter and converse with you a while?"
** (4262) Agatha catches the boy and sets him down gently. **
** (4259) Athar opens its eyes and regards the party with an amused expression on her face. **
(4260) Git: (diplomacy check for the heck of it)
(4260) Git: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+16] -> [19,16] = (35)
** (4261) Vrondard looks a little sheepish as he's entered already **
(4263) Kha: "Ahh it wakens, hello there Shpinx, not sure if you are male or female though sorry"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [8,16] = (24)
(4263) Kha: "My name is Kha, may I ask yours?"
(4259) Athar: Athar.
(4259) Athar: So...why are you here?
(4260) Git: :bites his lip and grumbles under his breath to Kha, "Never ask a woman what gender she is, regardless of species."
(4260) Git: :to the lioness, humble: "Well, as stated, we wish to break the curse that binds the river within this pyramid. So we come to you seeking counsel."
(4261) Vrondard: ((im going to let you guys do the talking here))
(4260) Git: (and deny the sphinx of Vrodard's unique social skills?)
(4263) Kha: "Hello Athar, sorry to disturb your sleep, but we are looking for the priest that is the keeper of Amun-htep. We need to kill him to free the river, and so we can get the Star Gem from the tomb"
(4263) Kha: 'His name is Mun-afik"
(4259) Athar: Ah....so you have. (looks at you with interest)
(4263) Kha: "I need to kill him for reasons outside of those my companions need. He is preventing my connection with Oneiros." **looks sad**
(4259) Athar: Very well. (mrrr)
(4263) Kha: "Oh, sorry to disrupt your thoughts, but do you have any skill with healing poison?"
(4259) Athar: I will answer as many questions as you have about this place and about your quest as you have members in your party. These questions will be truthful to the extent that I am able to answer them, by the grace of the goddess Isis and by the will of the Loregiver. Is not the saying, you have no Fate but the Fate you are given?
(4259) Athar: Choose your questions wisely, mortals.
** (4260) Git speaks with fluid thought, "Where is the glass chamber?" **
(4259) Athar: Ah, yes, the chamber of glass. It lies two levels above you, west of the area known as The Gauntlet of Mun-afik.
** (4260) Git nods along to the information, "Thank you, Graceful." **
(4259) DM: (btw: you get as many questions as there are PCs present. so since Norf and Ari aren't here, that's the breaks.)
(4260) Git: (can Wa'run ask a question? ^_^ )
(4259) DM: (NPCs don't count. ^ ^)
(4263) Kha: "Would those that can change shape living in this maze be willinig to help us if we help them escape this tomb?"
** (4260) Git looks himself over and chortles, "By the way, please forgive our derelict appearances. Usually a clean up better before entering a lady's chanmber, but I'm afraid it's been a hard time getting here." **
** (4262) Agatha spends her time trying to rouse Wa'run. **
(4262) Agatha: ((Heal check, if it applies. [1d20+6] -> [13,6] = (19)))
(4263) Kha: "I also have questions that I hope dont count tword those that you will answer, I am just asking out of curiosity. Like what is that smell? I enjoy it and would like to add some of it to my colection. Also do you enjoy riddles?"
(4259) Athar: It is of no consequence to me, mortal. (smiles slightly)
** (4259) Wa'run wakens and takes a look at the sphinx. "It's real!" **
** (4260) Git gives an amubse glance back at Wa'run and moves into the room, leaning against the well as he thinks **
(4262) Agatha: "Keep it down. I think we managed to catch her in a good mood."
** (4259) Athar turns to look at Kha. "You are inquisitive....for a mortal. I am honorbound to offer answers to you, by the will of the one who bound me to this place. Any more answers to questions that you ask of me can only be bought once you have played and won a game of my choosing." (smiles slyly) **
(4262) Agatha: "Quite a sight though."
(4263) Kha: "Someone bound you here? Would you like to be unbound? I'll play any game as long as it wont threaten the life of myself or my friends."
(4260) Git: :cocks his head: "Game? Well I'm sure you could use the entertainment after all this time."
** (4263) Kha moves in closer and takes a seat on the floor **
** (4262) Agatha slaps her forehead. "That's two more. Now we have to pay for more answers" **
(4259) Athar: Well...
(4259) Athar: You (to Kha) have asked six questions by my count. You have asked if I have skill in curing poison, if those that can change shape can help you in your quest, as to what that smell is, if I like riddles, if someone bound me here and if I want to be unbound. Which is your question?
** (4260) Git sighs as he watches the water flow **
(4262) Agatha: "My, she's very attentive. I'm beginning to think she was just pretending to sleep to lure us in."
(4263) Kha: "Well there are two that I realy want answered. And one is more imidiat, so I guess my question is Do you have any skill in healing."
(4262) Agatha: "Careful, lad. You're leading yourself to another question."
(4261) Vrondard: "what are the ways to defeat this Mun-afik is my question..."
(4263) Kha: "I have lots of other questions as well, I just havnt got around to asking them, didn't want to overload her with questions untill the rest of you asked yours."
(4259) Athar: No (yawns), but the water of the river Athis is legendary for its healing and restorative powers. The river was sacred to the god Athun, for whom I am named as well. If you seek healing, drink of the river and all will be well.
(4261) Vrondard: "well ya did a might poor job of it Kha"
(4260) Git: "Oh...?" :Git leans over the well, dipping his hand in to cup a drink to his mouth:
** (4263) Kha goes and drags Halif closer to the river and brings him some water dripping it into his mouth slowly **
(4261) Vrondard: ((course you are doomed to never leave this chamber for the rest of your life...))
(4259) Athar: (to Vrondard) Ah yes, the priest-wizard of Amunhotep. He can be defeated ONLY if his heart has been destroyed. Seek the chamber of glass, defeat the guardian of the chamber and shatter that which holds Mun-afik's heart immortal. In doing so will the flow of the Power be restored and render the priest-wizard mortal. He will then be vulnerable to sword and spell.
(4261) Vrondard: "alright I think I gots yea... thanks Sphinxess"
** (4260) Git slurps thirstily at the water as he feels his wounds regenerating **
(4263) Kha: "You alright Halif?"
(3944) Orion (enter): 02:46
(4259) Halif: I...I...where am I?
(3944) Orion (exit): 02:46
(4263) Kha: "You are in the Shpixes lair, the river healed you."
** (4260) Git pours out the remainder of his own waterskin and fills it with the water of the river **
(4259) Halif: The lair of the sphinx? (attempts to get up) I have been searching for this place for a long time...
** (4262) Agatha helps Wa'run to the river. "Drink up, child." **
(4263) Kha: "You helped us find it."
** (4259) Wa'run drinks deeply **
(4260) Git: :raising a brow to Halif: "Really? We found i easy."
** (4263) Kha moves to the river and drinks some for himself **
** (4262) Agatha quaffs up some water herself before filling her waterskin. **
(4263) Kha: "Ya with his help Git, how long do you think we would have been wandering around that mist filed area with out him?"
** (4259) Halif looks at the sphinx. "Can you tell me how to leave this place of endless madness?" **
** (4260) Git shrugsas he capes his skin **
(4259) Athar: (to Halif) There are several ways to leave the maze of Kordun, warrior of Kor. Each of the domed rooms holds a door in the ceiling to the Halls of the Priesthood. Or you may take a chance and swim in the channels that the river flows.
** (4261) Vrondard sees that everyone isn't dying and drinks from the well **
(4263) Kha: "Doors in the roof, wow that could be usefull"
(4260) Git: "Right... but how to reach them? Most of us.... can't fly"
(4261) Vrondard: ((probably one too many questions...))
(4262) Agatha: "Uhh...Git? I think that was our last question."
(4263) Kha: "Halif well help you out of here."
(4260) Git: "Huh? I already used my question, besides I was talking to Kha"
** (4261) Vrondard answers Git... "a ladder, scaffolding, a ramp of sand... blocks of stone" **
(4259) Athar: You have not asked a question, woman of the sword. (to Agatha)
(4261) Vrondard: ((ugg she said sword not axe))
(4260) Git: :to vronard: "And I suppose you have all of that tucked away beneath yer beard then?"
(4262) Agatha: ((woman of the axe. Think Amazon.))
(4259) DM: (and on this note, we'll stop)
(4261) Vrondard: "well.. a bit o' know how is under there"
(4259) DM: (its 3 am now)
(4261) Vrondard: (good call... this is a good spot to break at)
(4260) Git: hai hai. eyes are getting droopy as it is
(4262) Agatha: Yup.
(4261) Vrondard: gg stan


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms