Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
10 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
8 Guests
Registered Users: BennyKep, Donaldjat


Back to Tolmara Logs


Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(11651) Vrondard: if you open it up and the mini i saved but not available
(11651) Vrondard: thats when it freaks out
(11681) Norfirion: Disconnecting from server...
(11681) Norfirion (exit): 21:38
(11683) Git (enter): 21:38
(11679) Ari: well, I don't have a mini, and I've still not quite figured out that part yet. I really want to draw my own.
(11684) Norfirion (enter): 21:39
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (11684) Norfirion...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (11683) Git...
(11649) DM: load minis pls
(11651) Vrondard: i can offer suggestions there
(11651) Vrondard: and even host it if you make one
(11679) Ari: Thank you. I think I have a sketch on someone's website, but he moved it.
(11649) DM: I believe that's it
(11684) Norfirion: I put you up a mini ari
(11649) DM: Hash marks are the webbed area.
(11684) Norfirion: (you've got hash? ok quit holding out and share)
(11679) Ari: (thank you Norfirion, I appreciate that, just trying to move her into place.)
(11649) DM: last session, we broke in the middle of a battle against a drider.
(11670) Agatha: ((wasn't Vron a little further back?))
(11649) DM: continuing from where we left off.
(11649) DM: (Vron was in the webbing I believe)
(11649) DM: (27, Kha)
** (11650) Kha is still cowering in a corner **
(11651) Vrondard: (i think i made a str check that might have gotten me out... not sure))
(11684) Norfirion: wasnt vron further in and git below him actually?
(11683) Git: (yeah, vronard was back near the end and I had just burned out the area south of him to move into)
(11649) DM: (yes Norf)
(11649) DM: (27, Norf)
(11684) Norfirion: (sec, checking area of effect on haste)
(11684) Norfirion: (cool I can hit everyone with it)
(11679) Ari: (the luggage should be a hoot on haste)
(11684) Norfirion: (35', 1 target lvl, no two can be more than 30' apart, lasts 5 rnds)
** (11684) Norfirion begins to chant slowly then his chanting reaches a near blur as he throws shavings of licorece root over the group. A reddish aura envelopes the party and faids while bestowing an unatural speed. **
** (11683) Git damn, we lose our overpowering firestarter over something like this. Tis a woeful day. **
(11649) DM: (22, Git)
(11683) Git: (well... that shoulda been a group whisper)
(11684) Norfirion: When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding. The attack is made using the creatures full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. (This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a weapon of speed, nor does it actually grant an extra action, so you cant use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round.)
(11684) Norfirion: (Haste descript for convinience to those that dont know it offhand)
** (11683) Git grins as he feels his body lighten a good deal after the harsh effects of the venom and in a burst of speed he takes off into the breach to pester the bug. (defensive stance, -4 attack) and strikes for it's body. **
(11679) Ari: (but I could shoot 2 arrows w/o the penalty?)
(11683) Git: Ceremonial Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [17,8] = (25)===> DMG: [1d4+1+0] -> [4,1,0] = (5)
(11683) Git: (20 attack actually)
(11649) DM: (no.)
(11683) Git: (when you subtract 2 for loss of dex and +1 for haste)
(11649) DM: (yes you can shoot the arrows but not w/o the penalty)
(11649) DM: (hit)
(11683) Git: (hopefully I won't get killed with a 19 ac)
(11683) Git: (...hopefully)
(11649) DM: (seriously wounded)
(11649) DM: (22, the drider)
** (11670) Agatha looks on astonished at Git's swift attack before realizing that her axe seems lighter in her hands and her feet less weary. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19),[1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)[Bad dice format] - [,1d20]
(11649) TaliesinNYC: [1d20] -> [19] = (19)
(11649) DM: (lol)
(11689) No Name (enter): 21:57
(11683) Git: (damn luck)
(11649) DM: (AC 19, miss and threat w/bite)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [10] = (10)
whispering to Git, fort save pls
(11683) Git: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+2] -> [1,2] = (3),[1d4+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
(11689) No Name (exit): 21:58
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [4] = (4)
(11683) Git: (Damn your rapid fire crit threats!!)
whispering to Git, k
(11649) DM: The drider rears back and lunges at Git, ebony swords flashing in a deadly whirl (5 damage), then leans in and sinks his fangs into the elf's shoulder (3 damage)
(11649) DM: (21, Ag)
(11690) Zane (enter): 21:59
(11683) Git: (oooh actually, the haste gives me +1 dodge, that's 20 AC!!)
(11649) DM: (thanks for letting me know. take 3 instead then.)
(11683) Git: (phew)
** (11683) Git drops back a step from the bite happy that the damage wasn't fatal. "Not as good an idea as I though." **
** (11670) Agatha sees the fangs dig into her comrades neck. Before she even notices it, she's in front of the drider swinging away. **
(11670) Agatha: [1d20+11+1] -> [8,11,1] = (20)
(11684) Norfirion: "Let him have it!"
(11649) DM: (damage?)
(11670) Agatha: [1d12+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
(11649) DM: (seriously wounded)
(11649) DM: (17, Vron)
(11651) Vrondard: free of the webs... Vrondard takes the shortest distance to get out of the rest of the webs and then moves to give the Drider the business end of his axe
(11651) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (adj):
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+5+4+1+1+1] -> [18,5,4,1,1,1] = (30) Critical on Natural 20
(11651) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [4,4,1] = (9) damage
(11651) Vrondard: (ac 25)
(11649) DM: (critically wounded)
(11649) DM: (6, Ari)
(11684) Norfirion: "Thats the way to do it Dwarf!"
(11679) Ari: Longbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+4] -> [16,4] = (20)===> DMG: [1d8+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
(11679) Ari: (should be coughing up blood soon)
(11649) DM: (critically wounded)
(11649) DM: (27, Norf)
(11684) Norfirion: (Is there any way i can get into melee with it?)
(11683) Git: (stand on the dwarf?)
(11649) DM: (not likely. each square = 5')
(11684) Norfirion: (cant friendly's occupy the same square or maybe with Vrondar since he's smaller?)
(11684) Norfirion: (is that an empty space between it and Git?)
** (11650) Kha stops shaking vilently and begins to look around trying to figure out where he is **
(11649) DM: (nope)
(11649) DM: (action? otherwise I'm skipping you.)
(11684) Norfirion: (he taking up both of those then?)
(11684) Norfirion: (ok thnx()
** (11684) Norfirion extends his right hand forward an utters two quick sylabals in the tongue of magic. Two faint glowing ghostly darts materialize and streak forth passing through Git and Agatha as if they were ghosts and then strike the driver in its face. (Magic Missile [2d4+2] -> [2,3,2] vs 0 result of (3) **
(11684) Norfirion: (drider)
(11649) DM: (it's a L creature, it occupies a bit of space. not likely you can melee with it unless you'd like to smoosh Ag into it)
(11684) Norfirion: (sorry fecking WOD roller)
(11689) A Name (enter): 22:10
(11649) DM: (critically wounded)
(11684) Norfirion: [2d4+2] -> [3,4,2] = (9)
(11649) DM: (22, Git)
** (11683) Git presses into the enemy with uncharacteristic zeal, staff for its torso then up for the neck. **
(11684) Norfirion: (i had a 5d6 shocking grasp i thought could finish it off before anyone else got hurt)
(11649) DM: (if it did 9 points then the creature dies. so which is it?)
(11683) Git: Ceremonial Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18)===> DMG: [1d4+1+0] -> [1,1,0] = (2)
(11683) Git: Ceremonial Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [4,8] = (12)===> DMG: [1d4+1+0] -> [2,1,0] = (3)
(11684) Norfirion: (yeah i casted mm, 9 dmg)
(11683) Git: (17 and 13)
(11649) DM: (k, the log will be edited then.)
(11684) Norfirion: (i had the WOD roller on by accident from another game sorry, i rerolled it didnt mean to confuse you)
(11649) DM: As soon as the drider dies, it's corpse vanishes and a section of the wall slides open to reveal a pair of shimmering silver doors inscribed with elven runes. (location 31)
** (11683) Git flinches as he goes to stab and gets exploding drider in his face. Wiping it away, "Thanks for the warning Norf." **
(11684) Norfirion: "Better than it sucking you dry"
** (11679) Ari tries not to smile. **
** (11650) Kha 's eyes unglaze as he regains control of his mind and remembers where he is, and rushes into the room just as the creature falls **
(11683) Git: "Ays... this be true."
(11684) Norfirion: "You ok Kha?"
(11649) Halthala: Behold the portal of Alindal'-en. To open the portal, cast the ritual of invocation.
(11650) Kha: "Ya I am fine, that thing must have cast some type of spell on me."
** (11683) Git steps toward the revealed doors cautiously to inspect, calling back, "Is Captain Cower up and around?" **
(11670) Agatha: "What in the blazes happened to you? You were supposed to be there to burn through the webs."
(11651) Vrondard: "hmmmmm"
(11651) Vrondard: "bah no need... them webs weren't strong enough to hold me"
(11683) Git: "Eh?" Looks back at Hally and shrugs then turns to read the writing
(11651) Vrondard: "filthy drow spiders... aint no match fer me"
(11650) Kha: "I dont know I was getting ready to run in and slay it then I remember looking around trying to figure out where I was."
** (11679) Ari looks at the doors and back at Halthala. "Ritual?" **
(11670) Agatha: "Aye, he was clever bugger, but not much of a fighter."
(11649) Halthala: Ays, the portal spell.
** (11684) Norfirion begins running over something in his mind as he concentrates. **
(11650) Kha: "Need the dagger, hair and other components. She rattled off what we need to do every time we recived a component"
(11684) Norfirion: "To perform the ritual of invocation: anoint the medallion with emerald death. Strike the medallion with the bane of the dead. Wrap the medallion in the hands of the valorous who also holds a hair from magicka's true love, dipped in a tear from an elfmaid's true heart amid grains of the long-forgotten dead. Chant the ritual of invocation not once, not twice but thrice and the portal shall be opened."
(11649) Halthala: To cast the ritual of invocation: anoint the medallion with emerald death. Strike the medallion with the bane of the dead. Wrap the medallion in the hands of the valorous who also holds a hair from magicka's true love, dipped or cut in twain by a tear from an elfmaid's true heart amid grains of the long-forgotten dead. Chant the ritual of invocation not once, not twice but thrice and the portal shall be opened.
(11651) Vrondard: "aint none of that here is there?"
(11684) Norfirion: "One second shy my dear" *smiles*
(11649) Halthala: There is more than one way to open the portal, Norfirion. (somberly)
(11650) Kha: "We have all the components, Norf you want to cast the spell?"
(11640) spectator (enter): 22:19
(11684) Norfirion: "Huh? Tell me more." *quirks an eye*
(11683) Git: :TO hally: "Forget any other way. You made us do all this work. We're using this way.":
(11684) Norfirion: "Regardless, my comment was only in jest. I'm sorry if I offended you." *bows slightly*
(11693) dildoman (enter): 22:19
** (11679) Ari nods toward the doors, "I know I am ready to leave this place." **
(11649) Halthala: The ritual spell is as follows -- singing in a clear, haunting voice --
(11649) Halthala: A Elbereth Gilthoniel,
Silivren penna miriel
O menel aglar elenath!
Na-chaered palan-diriel
O galaddhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
Nef aear, si nef aear!

** (11683) Git rests agains the wall by the doorway, watching Norf and Hally patiently **
** (11651) Vrondard holds a sour face behind his beard **
** (11679) Ari watches intently **
(11649) Halthala: If you wish it, I can teach you the spell Norfirion, but you must cast it or the portal spell will fail.
(11693) dildoman (exit): 22:22
(11684) Norfirion: "Very well, its a task I'm up too."
(11649) Halthala: The dead have no power here other than to destroy.
** (11670) Agatha is still watchful of the shadows as she stands with Vrondard and Git. **
(11684) Norfirion: "Learning new magic is a divine act that brings me closer to the Lady of Veils herself."
** (11650) Kha goes back to the room the Drider died and and starts poking around **
(11683) Git: "How long will the ritual take?"
(11684) Norfirion: "I am your student then, I am ready."
(11697) No Name (enter): 22:24
(11697) No Name (exit): 22:24
(11697) No Name (enter): 22:24
** (11649) Halthala ignores Git as she takes teaches Norf the ritual spell. **
** (11684) Norfirion looks on intently and folds his hands in his robes while taking a somewhat more serious manner as he hands Halthala his attention. **
(11697) dildoman (exit): 22:25
(11580) Orion (enter): 22:26
** (11683) Git sighs and moves to take a seat near the doorway, getting comfortable for now **
** (11649) Halthala murmurs softly "Only when you feel the magicka burning in your blood with the flame of your life should you begin the casting, for such is the commandment of the goddess who watches over this place." **
** (11651) Vrondard impatiently awaits for this foolishness to come to an end **
** (11650) Kha offhandedly comments "Loth watches over this place now, or this area of it" **
** (11679) Ari glances at Git, "Do you need any help?" **
** (11683) Git shakes his head. "I'll be fine for now. It bites weaker than my daughter use to." **
** (11649) Halthala murmurs as she wraps the chain gloves onto Norfirion's hands, "The goddess who watches over this place is she who guards this entrance to the city of leaves, ancient Celdenor, not the betrayer from ages past. You have bested the guardian of the gate....be prepared to gain your reward." **
** (11650) Kha continues poking around the room clearly uninterested in the arcane ritual **
** (11684) Norfirion continues listening somewhat puzzled as his hands are covered by the mailed gloves. **
(11649) DM: Now that the drider has been slain, the effects of your battle fade, and it reverts to a laboratory, albeit one that lies in shambles.
(11700) dildoman (enter): 22:30
(11700) dildoman (exit): 22:30
(11670) Agatha: "Somehow, I don't think I'll be missing this place anytime soon."
** (11649) Halthala explains "The drider was the guardian, since you chose to best it using force of arms." **
** (11684) Norfirion glances abotu the room still somewhat unsure of what he's suppose to do and exactly whats going on. **
(11679) Ari: "Nor its lovely aromas."
(11580) Orion (exit): 22:32
(11683) Git: :Seeing Norf a bit nervous, sighs and stands to walk about the room, offering in passing, "Ya know an Elf should really have a more confidant look." :Then he moves off to idly scour about the ruined lab
(11684) Norfirion: "Is there anything else?"
** (11650) Kha begins digging though the ruind lab trying to find anything unusual or maybe a book or two they might be worth reading **
(11649) DM: It takes a bit of time as Halthala teaches Norfirion the spell. Not much time, but time enough to rest from your efforts.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [8,6] = (14)
(11684) Norfirion: (except me, I'd consider that straneous activity)
(11704) dildoman (enter): 22:34
(11704) dildoman (exit): 22:35
(11683) Git: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
** (11649) Halthala stands back satisfied. "Cast the spell when you are ready, Norfirion, so that I may go to my rest." **
(11684) Norfirion: "Very well."
(11684) Norfirion: (do i need to rest again and memorize it per say or is it just more like a ritual thing?)
(11705) Not *DM* Merlyn (enter): 22:38
(11683) Git: :Seeing the elf ready, Git moves to a position sitting on a lab table to watch.:
(11649) Halthala: (no. but its up to you.)
(11706) Osborn (enter): 22:38
(11705) Not *DM* Merlyn (exit): 22:39
(11706) Osborn (exit): 22:39
(11679) Ari: (brb, the cat's telling me that Timmy's in the well again)
** (11650) Kha finishes ldigging though the room and stands next to Norf waiting for him to finish **
** (11684) Norfirion gathers the various gathered relics and begins to sing in a somber voice the words of the invocation as he activates the components. **
** (11670) Agatha gets up and holds her axe in a semi-ready position. **
(11706) Osborn (enter): 22:41
** (11651) Vrondard looks like he's going to be ill... as the casting continues **
(11670) Agatha: "Form a circle around Norfirion. I don't want there to be any surprises."
(11684) Norfirion: "A Elbereth Gilthoniel, Silivren penna miriel, O menel aglar elenath!"
(11684) Norfirion: "Na-chaered palan-diriel O galaddhremmin ennorath"
(11649) DM: The doors begin to shimmer more vividly as the runes fade into the surface of the doors. The stones beneath your feet begin to thrum with power as Norfirion's voice echoes around the chamber.
(11684) Norfirion: "Fanuilos, le linnathon Nef aear, si nef aear!"
** (11684) Norfirion his song reaches a creschendo as he repeats the verse three times. **
** (11683) Git hops down from the table looking about anxiously, and biting his lip to keep from speaking out and disturbing the wizard **
(11649) DM: There is a pregnant pause, and then the stones in the floor begin to chime with harmonious tones, answering Norfirion's voice with their own as a crescendo of power begins to build. A crack in the doors appears.
** (11684) Norfirion face seems more like a look of sadness than that of conentration. He simply sighs after finishing the spell and sags his shoulders as a few tear drops wet his boots. **
** (11684) Norfirion he gathers himself straightening his robes and makes another sight, this one of relief after seeing the spell's affect. **
** (11650) Kha look at Norf as he finishes "You may be interested in these" pointing to a few unbroken Vials on the foor **
(11683) Git: :Stares intently at the barely opening doorway and asks: "Is it ready?"
(11649) DM: As the wizard continues through the casting of the spell, the doors begin to open as an emerald glow pours forth from beyond, eventually filling the chamber with its radiance.
(11649) Halthala: Enter! And know the peace of ancient Celdenor.
** (11679) Ari watches the doors her bow ready. **
** (11684) Norfirion stares blankly for a moment a stoic look covering his face. Then he looks to Halthala, as if to speak, but then never does. His gaze focuses on the emerald light streaming into the room. **
(11649) DM: Her face takes on a blissful joy as Halthala walks toward the portal, as if in a trance.
** (11670) Agatha gulps nervously as she considers all the ways this could and would go wrong. **
(11684) Norfirion: "Wait..."
** (11683) Git looks around at the others and notices Hally move on, and asks back discretely to Norf, "What's wrong?" **
** (11684) Norfirion hurries forth and escorts the elf maiden through the portal, as he tells Kha to bring the vials to be looked at later. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [6,16] = (22)
(11679) Ari: "What kind of peace? As in rest in?"
(11706) Osborn (exit): 22:47
** (11651) Vrondard looks leery... **
(11683) Git: :Sarcastically to Ari: "No... It's probably just a lovely resort city."
** (11649) Halthala murmurs "Eternal peace, in the city of leaves...." as she begins to enter the portal **
** (11684) Norfirion seems oblivious to any danger as he strolls foward with an unusual degree of confidence. **
** (11650) Kha gathers up the Vials and follows Norf **
** (11683) Git follows a bit behind Norf and Hally, watching them closlely (sense motive to see if they're acting unnaturally wierd) **
(11683) Git: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [18,6] = (24)
(11679) Ari: "I don't want to stay here, but I'm not certain I want to go there either."
** (11651) Vrondard will follow the group...after mastering his disdain of this whole scenario **
(11679) Ari: (What's Silver doing?)
(11670) Agatha: "Honey, I'd rather be anywhere but here. Even some infernal world."
(11649) DM: You enter the gate and there is a brief, momentary sensation of dizziness as the bottom of your stomach drops out from you....
(11651) Vrondard: "this aint right.... this aint right...." he repeats mostly to himself
(11649) DM: (following you of course, with the luggage in tow)
(11683) Git: "Careful what you wish for Aggy"
** (11683) Git tenses himself against the unusual feeling a moment, but tries to let himself relax to lacked the effect **
** (11684) Norfirion attemps to reorientate himself after ariving through the portal. **
** (11679) Ari sighs and follows Vrondard, her thoughts matching his quiet words. **
(11649) DM: When you open your eyes, you find yourself in the middle of a clearing, amid the ruined structures of several stone buildings. The buildings look as if they grew out of the earth and molded themselves around and over the limbs of various trees. The place has an unearthly beauty.
** (11679) Ari is left speechless in awe. **
** (11650) Kha looks around trying to figure out where they are **
(11649) Halthala: Behold, the circle of the Ara-Cemnari, temples to the gods. I am at rest, my friends, and I go to the Undying Lands of Aquor.
(11683) Git: :Takes a deep breath to reconsitute himself and offers what a lovely place. Very rural and naturla, but with a touch a refined beauty. Very nice."
(11684) Norfirion: (Aquor? arvandor, same thing? elven afterlife?)
** (11683) Git turns to Hally leaning his head, though blank of expression **
(11684) Norfirion: (i may have gotten the terms mixed up when talking about it before then, so correct me so i know in the future)
(11650) Kha: "Have a peacfull rest Halthala, but may I get my bow back before you go?"
(11649) DM: As she speaks, shadows from the buildings seem to shift, as creatures from your nightmares step forth. Humans it seems like, but with the bodies and heads of wild animals. Five of them, no seven, approaching from various directions, still at a distance.
** (11650) Kha Consentrates a moment and draws power threw Vontaros into himself **
(11683) Git: :Suddenly shifting toward the newcomers as he grips his dagger, "Hal, sweety, before you go... who are they?"
(11684) Norfirion: "As I said, our 'test' my not be over so quickly. Stay on guard, but be not overly hostile."
** (11649) Halthala begins walking into one ruined structure, oblivious to the party, as if in a trance. Her earthly form begins to fade. **
** (11679) Ari begins to smile at Halthala, but is suddenly distracted. **
** (11650) Kha quickly slips into a ready stance and prepares for an attack **
** (11684) Norfirion withdraws the bone filled cloak and and follows after the ghostly image of Halthala. **
** (11679) Ari grips her bow tighter. **
** (11670) Agatha eyes narrow as she reaches for her axe. **
(11649) DM: You turn around and spy a figure in black armor...with greasy black hair, pallid skin and no eyes. It's leaning against a wall, observing you.
(11649) DM: (load minis please.)
** (11650) Kha turns and faces the eyeless creature. **
(11718) Belchar (enter): 22:59
(11670) Agatha: "I was wondering when you'd show ugly face again."
(11651) Vrondard: "hmmm this the one we gotta put some whoop ass on?"
(11651) Vrondard: "oooh wait this thing again"
(11683) Git: "Couldn't hurt. He does seem to want it."
(11670) Agatha: "Kha, keep back. Remember this thing is after you."
(11683) Git: :To aggy: "He also seems to be the only who can hurt it"
(11649) the myrdraal: Very soon, soft ones, you will beg for mercy before you tell me where the Sword is.
(11649) DM: (I should add that as you leave the gate, you're healed by the magicka of the sla'mori.)
(11651) Vrondard: "har... fat chance ya ugly eyed bug"
(11683) Git: (stat damage healed too? ^_^)
** (11650) Kha turns to the others at a mention of a sword and gives them a slightly puzzled look then turns back to the eyeless **
(11684) Norfirion: "Shut up you filth, you dare desecrate this place? I'll send you back to the darkness from where you came. Begone!" *shakes his fist with anger*
(11651) Vrondard: ((yeah sla'mori!))
(11670) Agatha: "Swords? Nah, gruesome you shouldn't worry bout swords. You should be be more concerned with our axes."
(11649) DM: (all damage)
(11683) Git: (WOO HOO!!)
(11679) Ari: (don't suppose we get spells back, do we?)
(11649) the myrdraal: Very well. (turns to the beasts at his command) "Finish them for our dark Master."
(11649) DM: (no. lol.)
(11718) Belchar (exit): 23:05
(11651) Vrondard: "arggg!"
(11650) Kha: ((INIT?))
** (11679) Ari sighs and then mutters something about stupid minions. **
** (11683) Git readies for the coming assault with sheathed dagger in hand, ready to draw **
(11721) No Name (enter): 23:05
(11649) DM: (roll init)
(11683) Git: init: [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23)
** (11679) Ari found the F2 macro key **
(11650) Kha: [1d20+7] -> [10,7] = (17)
(11670) Agatha: [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
(11684) Norfirion: Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
(11679) Ari: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
(11684) Norfirion: bah
** (11649) the myrdraal continues as the party engages them, "This is but a taste of your abilities. I will enjoy this." **
(11670) Agatha: ((aww. Save some for me will you?))
(11651) Vrondard: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
(11721) No Name (exit): 23:07
(11721) No Name (enter): 23:07
(11721) No Name (exit): 23:07
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [8,1] = (9)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [5,6] = (11)
whispering to Kha, you feel a surge in the Power
(11651) Vrondard: "hmmm a warm up fer the fight... tanks fer the practice"
(11649) DM: (23, Git)
** (11683) Git stands and wait for the assault pulling a dagger in ready, waiting for the first enemy to come in range to toss it at (ready action to throw at the first trolloc to come within 10') **
** (11650) Kha seems to slip into a focused trance **
(11649) DM: (18, Vron)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [6,8] = (14)
** (11651) Vrondard moves to thrash the trollocs **
(11651) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+5+4+1+1] -> [7,5,4,1,1] = (18) Critical on Natural 20
(11683) Git: :to the others: "Wait for them to come to us.. We don't want to be in the shadows"
** (11651) Vrondard hears none of this **
(11649) DM: An orange tabby comes out of one building's entrance and hisses at the myrdraal, arching its back. For its part, the sightless creature whirls about in fury....
(11721) No Name (enter): 23:11
(11721) No Name (exit): 23:11
(11721) No Name (enter): 23:11
(11651) Vrondard: +1 vs orcs
(11721) No Name (exit): 23:11
(11721) No Name (enter): 23:11
(11721) No Name (exit): 23:11
(11721) No Name (enter): 23:11
(11683) Git: :Breathes out at sight: "Basht..."
(11721) No Name (exit): 23:11
(11721) No Name (enter): 23:11
(11651) Vrondard: (so thats a 19 most likely)
(11721) No Name (exit): 23:11
(11670) Agatha: "Hmph. So the cat came back."
(11670) Agatha: "Probably here to make her proposal again."
(11650) Kha: "Basht Let us fight please, we owe this eyeless a beating"
(11683) Git: "Cat always come back... haven't you heard the song?"
(11726) Belchar (enter): 23:13
(11679) Ari: (lol)
(11727) No Name (enter): 23:13
(11651) Vrondard: (19 hits T?)
(11727) No Name (exit): 23:14
(11650) Kha: ((Doubt you get the +1 vs Orc's))
(11651) Vrondard: ((worried No Name is our DM))
(11670) Agatha: "Aye, the very next day, even."
(11651) Vrondard: ((thought there were half orcs half somehting more ugly))
(11649) DM: The "tabby" immediately transforms into a glowering dark skinned human female in studded leather armor, the sellsword that you've come to know as Basht. In her hands is a strange staff that seems to come to a metal point, much like a staff-blade. A large glowing silver ankh hangs around her neck as she charges at one of the trollocs.
(11649) DM: (hit)
** (11679) Ari silently cheers Basht on. **
(11651) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+5+4+1+1] -> [7,5,4,1,1] = (18) Critical on Natural 20
(11651) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [1,4,1] = (6) damage
(11649) DM: (lightly wounded)
(11651) Vrondard: (dodge on #1 if it stands)
(11649) DM: (18, Ari)
** (11679) Ari aims at #1 **
(11679) Ari: Longbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)===> DMG: [1d8+0] -> [6,0] = (6)
(11679) Ari: (Ari does get a +1 v Orcs, if that matters)
(11649) DM: Three of the creatures are goat headed, while four of the creatures are bear headed. All wield swords shaped to look like barbed scythes.
(11649) DM: (they're not orcs. and that missed.)
(11649) DM: (18, Basht)
(11649) DM: Trolloc1 gets an AOO.
(11679) Ari: (I figured that)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
(11649) DM: (miss)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [1,8] = (9)
** (11649) Basht thrusts her staff-blade at a slavering bear Trolloc as it sidesteps neatly for such a hulking creature. **
(11649) DM: (17, Kha)
** (11650) Kha tummbles past the Trollocs and grabs the Myrdraal's wrist as he comes up and focuses all his power into it **
(11650) Kha: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+6-1] -> [13,6,-1] = (18) (includes Armor Penalty of -1)
(11650) Kha: Healing weave [4d8+2] -> [7,7,2,5,2] = (23)
(11670) Agatha: "Kha! What the hell does that boy think he's doing?"
(11683) Git: "Being Kha."
(11649) the myrdraal: Fool! My Master has prepared your grave!
(11649) DM: (trolloc3 gets an aoo)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
(11649) DM: (and misses)
(11670) Agatha: "I swear, if he wasn't such a fool, I'd think he disobeyed me on purpose."
(11649) DM: (17, the myrdraal)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [19,24] = (43)
(11733) Silverlocke (enter): 23:23
(11649) DM: The skies overhead begin to darken as the wind picks up in the clearing. Thunder rumbles overhead.
(11649) DM: (8, Norf)
** (11684) Norfirion moves down 5 feet and then points his finger at Trolloc3 while chanting quickly. A thin red ray springs from his hand heating the air and making a sizzling sound as it flies towards the beast. (Scorching Ray, Ranged Touch Attack [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7), [4d6] -> [1,1,4,6] = (12) dmg) **
(11649) DM: (seriously wounded)
(11649) DM: (7, Ag)
(11650) Kha: Weave Sight Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [7,10] = (17)
(11670) Agatha: "Cover the rear!"
** (11670) Agatha charges in to help Kha. ((attacking Tolloc 4)) **
(11670) Agatha: [1d20+11] -> [16,11] = (27)
(11670) Agatha: [1d12+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
(11649) DM: (hit, and lightly wounded)
(11649) DM: Suddenly a bolt of lightning rends the sky and plummets straight down at Kha, as the myrdraal turns to face him triumphantly. (Will save, Kha only)
** (11670) Agatha What? 50ft?! **
(11670) Agatha: ((oops, ignore that))
(11650) Kha: Will save: [1d20+9] -> [3,9] = (12)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [5d10] -> [4,3,7,1,6] = (21)
** (11679) Ari cringes **
(11649) DM: (-2 to all attack, damage and saves, Kha only)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [1] = (1)
(11733) Silverlocke (exit): 23:31
(11650) Kha: Reflex save: [1d20+8] -> [18,8] = (26)
(11650) Kha: ((Includes the -2))
(11670) Agatha: "Oh gods...Kha!!"
(11649) DM: A single bolt of blue-white lightning descends from the sky, immolating Kha in its radiance.
(11649) DM: (10 damage)
(11679) Ari: ((that's gonna leave a mark))
** (11683) Git grits his teeth in frustration as the fate priest is viciously struck **
(11649) DM: (6, the Trollocs)
** (11650) Kha leaps to the side catching the edge of the lightning bolt **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21),[1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5),[1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21),[1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12),[1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16),[1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16),[1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(11649) DM: (trolloc4, 5 and 6 on Agatha): AC 21, miss and 21
(11649) DM: (trolloc3 on Kha): miss
(11649) DM: (trolloc2 on Vron, 1 on Basht): both miss.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d4+6] -> [4,4,6] = (14),[2d4+6] -> [3,3,6] = (12)
(11649) DM: One of the goat men lunges at Agatha, viciously swinging its scythesword in a wide circle that cuts a gash in the barbarian's sword arm (14 damage, Fort save). A second charges up and tries to undercut her knees with its blade (miss). A third thunders over and hacks into her thigh, gashing open a vein (12 damage, Fort save).
(11670) Agatha: [1d20+9] -> [15,9] = (24)
(11743) No Name (enter): 23:39
(11670) Agatha: [1d20+9] -> [18,9] = (27)
(11649) Basht: This is what happens when you deny your ka-tet!
(11684) Norfirion: "Damn you!"
(11670) Agatha: "Arrrraggh"
(11684) Norfirion: "Agatha! "
(11670) Agatha: "Graaaahhh!"
(11679) Ari: "Agatha!!!"
** (11649) Silver lopes up to trolloc5, biting into it. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
(11649) DM: (miss)
(11649) DM: (23, Git)
** (11683) Git grits his teeth at the older woman's misfortune and heads forth to aid, taking a cartwheel at the last moment he rolls to round the enemies to take trolloc 5 from behind, but maintains a defensive stance (tumble to avoid aoo) **
(11683) Git: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [17,10] = (27)
(11683) Git: Ceremonial Dagger(Flanking sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [4,10] = (14)===> DMG: [1d4+1+2d6+0] -> [3,1,4,2,0] = (10)
(11683) Git: (damn 12)
** (11650) Kha hears Brasht's comment and replies "How are we deniing or Ka-Tet?" **
(11684) Norfirion: (you guys speaking chinese? :p)
** (11649) Basht replies "Ask your friend, the stubborn half-elf", as she aims her staff-blade at the bear-creature. **
(11649) Basht: (hit)
(11683) Git: "Why's it always my fault?"
(11649) DM: (which one, Git?)
(11683) Git: (5)
(11649) DM: (18, Vron)
(11650) Kha: "Oh he is still deniing our fate to fufill the prophacy? I thought I convinced him we had to do it!"
** (11651) Vrondard attacks again **
(11683) Git: "Kha.. you couldn't convincea starving man to eat"
(11651) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (rage/charge/flank):
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+5+4+1+1+2] -> [14,5,4,1,1,2] = (27) Critical on Natural 20
(11651) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [4,4,1] = (9) damage
(11649) Basht: You have no Fate but the Fate you have made, have you not learned yet, priest of the Shaper?
(11651) Vrondard: taking another bite out of #1...
(11747) Orion (enter): 23:46
(11651) Vrondard: "gar.... bloody me axe..."
(11747) Orion (exit): 23:47
(11649) Basht: (seriously wounded)
(11649) Basht: (18, Ari)
(11679) Ari: Longbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14)===> DMG: [1d8+0] -> [8,0] = (8)
(11679) Ari: at 2
(11649) DM: (lightly wounded)
(11649) DM: (18, Basht)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23)
(11689) A Name (exit): 23:48
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+8+2+1] -> [5,8,2,1] = (16)
** (11649) Basht rams forward, driving her staffsword at the Trolloc like a pointed battering ram into its throat (18 damage). **
(11649) DM: Gore flies out the other end.
(11651) Vrondard: "yeah... thats the way baby"
(11649) DM: (17, Kha)
(11683) Git: (nice kitty)
** (11650) Kha asumes a defencive stance and unleashes his power into the Mydraal again ((Fighting defencively -4 to attack +2 to AC )) **
(11650) Kha: Healing weave [4d8+2] -> [2,2,2,6,2] = (14)
(11743) No Name (exit): 23:52
(11649) DM: (seriously wounded)
** (11649) the myrdraal growls as it lances into Kha, attacking with its shadow blade and sword. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [6,13] = (19),[1d20+8] -> [2,8] = (10)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
** (11649) the myrdraal pirouettes neatly on one foot, driving a shadow-blade into Kha's shoulder (12 damage, Fort save), and brings back his arm to slice at his face (miss). **
(11649) DM: (8, Norf)
** (11684) Norfirion repositions himself and moves south, he utters two arcane words and once again the ghostly darts form and and fly towards Trolloc1 striking it unerringly. (Magic missile, [2d4+2] -> [2,3,2] = (7)) **
(11649) DM: (critically wounded)
(11649) DM: (7, Ag)
** (11684) Norfirion then shouts attempting to draw the creature's attention away from Agatha and Git. **
** (11670) Agatha rages on against her attackers, lashing out like a rabid bear. **
(11670) Agatha: ((attack on 4, using power attack to take 2 off my attack and add it to damage))
(11670) Agatha: [1d20+11] -> [8,11] = (19)
(11670) Agatha: [1d12+12] -> [12,12] = (24)
(11670) Agatha: ((cleave on 5 if it kills))
(11649) DM: (hit and yes)
(11670) Agatha: [1d20+11] -> [12,11] = (23)
(11757) Devor (enter): 00:05
(11670) Agatha: [1d12+12] -> [7,12] = (19)
(11649) DM: gone.
(11670) Agatha: ((great cleave on 6))
(11670) Agatha: [1d20+11] -> [13,11] = (24)
(11670) Agatha: [1d12+12] -> [12,12] = (24)
(11649) DM: (seriously wounded)
(11649) DM: (6, the Trollocs)
(11684) Norfirion: (woot)
(11753) Evil Sponge (enter): 00:07
(11670) Agatha: "RAAAAAAAARRRRGGHHH!"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [Trolloc6 on Ag, 7 on Git, 3 on Kha, 2 on Basht and 1 on Vron)
** (11683) Git snickers at the fall of the beasts, joking to the raging barmaid, "And here I was worried." **
(11649) DM: (Trolloc6 on Ag, 7 on Git, 3 on Kha, 2 on Basht and 1 on Vron)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)[Bad dice format] - [,1d20+3],[1d20+3] -> [20,3] = (23)[Bad dice format] - [,1d20+3],[1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13),[1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20)
(11753) Evil Sponge (exit): 00:09
(11649) DM: um wow
(11683) Git: (defensive stance= Ac 19)
(11670) Agatha: ((wow? That's not good))
(11683) Git: (please god, let that mean he rolled 2 1's)
(11649) DM: (Ag: AC 21, Git: threat, Kha: miss, Basht: miss and Vron: miss)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
(11649) DM: (not a crit)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d4+6] -> [3,3,6] = (12),[2d4+6] -> [2,3,6] = (11)
(11649) DM: The beastman facing Agatha raises its scythesword in an arc and attempts to decapitate Agatha, only to wound her severely on her chest and upper arm (12 damage, Fort save). Meanwhile, Git's opponent attempts to disembowel the half-elf, but instead gashes his shield arm (11 damage, Fort save)
(11683) Git: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
(11670) Agatha: [1d20+11] -> [5,11] = (16)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [5] = (5)
(11670) Agatha: ((oh dear))
(11649) DM: (23, Git)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
(11649) DM: (btw, Silver tried to nip a Trolloc and whuffed)
(11650) Kha (exit): 00:15
** (11683) Git groans in pain at the slash put moves to keep going taking a dive past between the beasts to flank with Aggy and take weak stab for 6's back (defensive. -4) **
(11683) Git: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [4,10] = (14)
(11683) Git: (oh.... crap)
(11679) Ari: (where is the luggage?)
(11649) DM: (out of combat)
(11649) DM: (the creatures are size L btw)
(11683) Git: (aoos?)
(11649) DM: (6 gets an AOO if you left its square)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
(11649) DM: (and misses)
(11683) Git: (took a bad tumble, they both do ~_~ )
(11649) DM: (ah)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17)
(11670) Agatha: ((don't suppose I get an aoo on 6?))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d4+6] -> [2,1,6] = (9)
(11651) Vrondard: ((he gets a new tumble roll for that at dc 17))
(11683) Git: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [2,10] = (12)
(11651) Vrondard: ((supposed to make a new... man you suck))
(11651) Vrondard: : (
(11649) DM: (yes)
(11683) Git: (yes... yes I do)
(11649) DM: (yes to Ag)
(11683) Git: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
** (11670) Agatha makes a swipe at the beast's head while it's distracted. **
(11670) Agatha: ((who get their attack first?))
(11649) DM: (make your attack. it went already)
(11670) Agatha: [1d20+11] -> [8,11] = (19)
(11670) Agatha: [1d12+12] -> [9,12] = (21)
(11649) DM: 6 dies.
(11649) DM: (18, Vron)
(11651) Vrondard: "come on!"
(11649) DM: (Vron? action?)
** (11651) Vrondard slashes at #1 and manuvers around to get behind the Myrdraal (aoo vs AC 28 from #2) **
(11651) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+5+4+1+1] -> [15,5,4,1,1] = (26) Critical on Natural 20
(11651) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [2,4,1] = (7) damage
(11649) DM: (k)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
(11649) DM: (and misses of course)
(11649) DM: (the Trolloc does, not you)
(11649) DM: (criticallly wounded)
(11651) Vrondard: (#1 if i didnt drop it as well)
(11649) DM: (no)
(11649) DM: (18, Ari)
** (11679) Ari throws her bow to the luggage, who deftly catches it, and runs to Agatha, the words of her prayer forming as she attempts to cast a cure light wounds. **
(11670) Agatha: ((That's more than 30 ft))
(11670) Agatha: ((Can you actually make it there?))
(11649) DM: (next round)
(11649) DM: (17, Kha)
(11679) Ari: ((seems so, just can't cast the spell yet))
(11649) Basht: (17, Basht)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [14,8] = (22)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
** (11649) Basht rams her staffsword through the creature's belly as it falls forward, dying. **
(11649) DM: (Kha?)
(11670) Agatha: ((Uh. He kinda diappeared a while back. Bad timing really.))
(11684) Norfirion: ((yeah he left the room))
(11670) Agatha: ((probably disconnected))
(11649) DM: (8, Norf)
(11651) Vrondard: (well lets say he attacks... work out the attack later)
** (11684) Norfirion rushes foward with a look of concern for his brethern, Git. He arrives near Trolloc 7 and reaches out with a bare hand chanting as he does, sparks begin to fly and electricity arcs from his hand to the trolloc as he reaches. **
(11684) Norfirion: Shocking Grasp, Touch Attack [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17), [5d6] -> [1,4,4,1,5] = (15) electrical damage
(11649) DM: (dies)
(11649) DM: (the mydraal, on Vron)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [20,13] = (33),[1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23)
(11683) Git: :Bloodied and weakend, and really realizing he doesn't belong on a battlefield, lets out a woefully breath at the things death, looking to Norf, "Remind me... I owe you one."
(11649) DM: (threat and AC 23, which is prob a miss)
(11649) DM: (let me know)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [20,13] = (33)
(11651) Vrondard: (miss)
(11649) DM: (crit)
(11684) Norfirion: "You can repay me by getting out of here alive."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10+4] -> [10,4] = (14)
(11651) Vrondard: "arggg"
(11649) DM: The eyeless man turns around and spies Vron (Will save pls) and stabs him with his shadow-blade (28 damage and Fort save).
(11651) Vrondard: Fortitude: Save [1d20+3+3+4] -> [3,3,3,4] = (13)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [5] = (5)
(11651) Vrondard: ((+2 vs magic or poison... what a stanky roll))
(11670) Agatha: ((a 15 might do it though))
(11651) Vrondard: .
(11651) Vrondard: Will: Save [1d20+1+0] -> [5,1,0] = (6)
(11651) Vrondard: ((ok that was less than fun))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6]
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [3] = (3)
(11670) Agatha: ((okay, I'm shutting up before I jinx anything else))
(11649) DM: (18, Ari)
(11649) DM: (erp sorry)
(11649) DM: (7, Ag)
** (11670) Agatha rages on, leaping in front of two of the creatures and swinging away. **
(11670) Agatha: ((power attack to move 1 from attack to dmg. attack on 2))
(11670) Agatha: [1d20+12] -> [17,12] = (29)
(11670) Agatha: [1d12+11] -> [12,11] = (23)
(11649) DM: (dies)
(11670) Agatha: ((cleave on 3))
(11670) Agatha: [1d20+12] -> [3,12] = (15)
(11679) Ari: ((oops brb... very big bang in kitchen.... gotta check it out))
(11649) DM: (dies)
(11684) Norfirion: (hopefully its not a stalker)
(11649) DM: (any more?)
(11670) Agatha: Oh sorry wrong dice
(11649) DM: (6, the remaining Trolloc)
(11670) Agatha: rolled d12 without realizing.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
(11649) DM: (missed Basht)
(11670) Agatha: [1d20+12] -> [5,12] = (17)
(11649) DM: (still dies. 23, Git)
(11670) Agatha: [1d12+11] -> [2,11] = (13)
** (11683) Git no longer interested in melee grabs the bow from his back and one of hi last arrows, taking a shot for the myrdaal **
(11683) Git: Shortbow Attack Roll: [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)===> DMG: [1d6-3] -> [3,-3] = (0)
(11679) Ari: ((grrr cats.. da... um, anyone want a couple of cats?))
(11683) Git: (damn str damage)
(11649) DM: (18, Vron)
(11683) Git: (oh, 14 on attack for melee shot)
** (11651) Vrondard gets a little annoyed at getting hit... (rage cancels out my sack o' shit missed the will save penalties) "bloomin hells I'll kill you!" **
(11684) Norfirion: (thats still 1 dmg though, cant inflict 0 can you?)
(11651) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (rage/charge/flank):
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+5+4+1+1+2] -> [4,5,4,1,1,2] = (17) Critical on Natural 20
(11683) Git: (doubt 14 hits anyway though)
(11649) DM: (miss)
(11684) Norfirion: (true)
(11651) Vrondard: ((jesus cant roll for beans))
(11649) DM: (18, Ari)
(11651) Vrondard: .
** (11679) Ari runs toward Git and casts her cure light wounds spell. **
(11679) Ari: (lol)
(11679) Ari: %s Tried to cast %s but has used all of them for today,Please rest so I can cast more. % ( charNameL, name )
(11679) Ari: (I hate this game tree)
(11670) Agatha: ((lol just roll manually))
(11679) Ari: [1d8+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
(11649) DM: (17, the myrdraal)
(11649) DM: (on Vron)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [2,13] = (15),[1d20+8] -> [6,8] = (14)
(11649) DM: (both miss)
(11651) Vrondard: (ac 22)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [1,8] = (9)
** (11649) Basht misses the Trolloc... **
(11649) DM: (8, Norf)
(11772) Andy (enter): 00:54
(11772) Andy (exit): 00:54
** (11683) Git eases some of his wounds close up, though he still appears weak, he grins to Ari, "Thanks, luv, sorry to waste yer time again." **
(11684) Norfirion: (sorry was afk a sec)
(11679) Ari: "It's not a waste of time, but we still don't need to make a habit out of this, right?"
** (11684) Norfirion repositions himself moving east this time. He stops and steadies his aim with his finger and after a quick chant fires off another red how glowing ray of energy towards the eyeless creature. **
(11684) Norfirion: Scorching Ray, Ranged Touch Attack [1d20+5-4] -> [2,5,-4] = (3), Damage [4d6] -> [4,4,4,4] = (16) fire
(11684) Norfirion: (damn crappy roll)
(11649) DM: (seriously wounded)
(11684) Norfirion: (Can i use my luck feat and reroll that d20?)
(11684) Norfirion: (oh it hit?)
(11649) DM: (7, Ag)
(11683) Git: "Beyond habit. I've reached the point of inevitable outcome."
(11649) DM: (er no, scratch that lol)
(11651) Vrondard: ((ha))
(11684) Norfirion: (so can i make my reroll?)
(11649) DM: (yes)
(11684) Norfirion: Ranged Touch Attack, [1d20+1] -> [10,1] = (11)
(11649) DM: (not much better either)
(11649) DM: (7, Ag)
(11684) Norfirion: (yup luck hates me today)
(11670) Agatha: [1d2] -> [2] = (2)
** (11670) Agatha roars as she pounces at the mydraal **
(11670) Agatha: [1d20+13] -> [16,13] = (29)
(11649) DM: (yes)
(11670) Agatha: [1d12+10] -> [12,10] = (22)
(11649) DM: (however...)
(11649) DM: (Will save pls)
(11649) DM: (seriously wounded)
(11670) Agatha: [1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16)
(11684) Norfirion: (who needs to roll the save?)
(11649) DM: From the unnerving sight of fighting a man with no eyes.
(11649) DM: (Ag does)
(11684) Norfirion: (nm)
(11649) DM: (anyone within 30' of the creature needs to roll a Will save)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [6] = (6)
(11684) Norfirion: Saves: Will: [1d20+5+0] -> [1,5,0] = (6)
(11649) DM: (6, the Trolloc)
(11684) Norfirion: gah
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(11649) DM: (misses Basht)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [6] = (6)
(11649) DM: (23, Git)
** (11683) Git takes out his last arrow, snickering at the futility of it and takes a last desperate shot for the mydraal. **
(11683) Git: Shortbow(into melee) Attack Roll: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)===> DMG: [1d6-3] -> [6,-3] = (3)
(11649) DM: (hit and seriously wounded)
(11649) DM: (18, Vron)
(11651) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+5+4+1+1] -> [3,5,4,1,1] = (14) Critical on Natural 20
(11651) Vrondard: (wtf)
(11649) DM: (18, Ari)
(11683) Git: "Well... I'm spent. If you need anything else.... I dunno.. pray or something."
(11649) Basht: Mrrr....
** (11679) Ari pulls her scimitar and moves toward melee **
(11773) Andy (enter): 01:05
(11773) Andy (exit): 01:06
(11649) DM: (k)
(11649) DM: (17, the myrdraal)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [11,13] = (24),[1d20+8] -> [19,8] = (27)
(11649) DM: (still on Vron, AC 24 and threat)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18)
(11651) Vrondard: hit hit
(11649) DM: (not a crit)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10+4] -> [2,4] = (6),[1d10+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
(11651) Vrondard: Fortitude: Save [1d20+3+3+4] -> [11,3,3,4] = (21)
(11651) Vrondard: Fortitude: Save [1d20+3+3+4] -> [10,3,3,4] = (20)
(11651) Vrondard: 19 & 18
(11651) Vrondard: +2 vs poison or magic
(11649) DM: It sneers and makes two lightning quick jabs down Vrondard's spine. (11 damage total)
(11651) Vrondard: .
(11651) Vrondard: "bugggerit!"
(11649) DM: (17, Basht)
** (11649) Basht grabs her ankh, dropping her staff-blade and shouts, "In the name of Ra, the Ever-Living!" (aoo from Trolloc6) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
(11649) DM: (misses Basht who neatly sidesteps the attack)
** (11649) Basht spreads her hands and seizes hold of Vrondard, as pulsating waves of light surround the dwarf's body. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [3d8+3] -> [7,7,2,3] = (19)
(11649) Basht: (8, Norf)
(11651) Vrondard: "heh..." a bit surprised but a bit to ragey to understand much
(11649) DM: As Basht takes hold of Vron, waves of bright white light surround his form, healing his wounds and lending some pallor onto his cheeks. The light has another effect, as the myrdraal raises up its hands as if to shield itself from the radiance.
** (11684) Norfirion rushes upward flanking the creature with Vrondard. He begins chanting a extends his hand. Sparks fall from his fingers as he reaches forward, electricity arcing its way to the creature. **
(11684) Norfirion: Shocking Grasp, Touch Attack [1d20+5+2] -> [13,5,2] = (20), [5d6] -> [3,3,5,5,1] = (17) electrical dmg
(11649) DM: (20 misses.)
(11684) Norfirion: (+3 to that if he has metal armor or weapons or any large amounts of metal)
(11649) DM: then hit and critically wounded.
(11684) Norfirion: (woot)
(11679) Ari: (huzzah)
(11649) DM: (AOO check first tho)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [16,13] = (29),[1d20+8] -> [2,8] = (10)
(11649) DM: (such is not Norf's day. AC 29. Conc check please)
(11684) Norfirion: oh yeah I'll just cast defensively, sorry i wasnt thinking.
(11684) Norfirion: or whatever should have said it earlier
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
(11684) Norfirion: Skill: Concentration [1d20+12] -> [3,12] = (15)
(11684) Norfirion: (gah)
(11684) Norfirion: Saves: Fortitude: [1d20+5+0] -> [18,5,0] = (23)
(11670) Agatha: ((If there's a aoo for me, I'll take it.))
(11649) DM: (that's a wasted spell. didn't happen.)
(11684) Norfirion: (ok)
(11649) DM: (7, Ag)
** (11670) Agatha vaguely thinks to herself that this might be it. She rages even harder, adrenaline pumping through her veins and out her wounds. **
(11670) Agatha: [1d20+11] -> [18,11] = (29)
(11649) DM: (hit)
(11670) Agatha: [1d12+8] -> [12,8] = (20)
** (11649) the myrdraal is stunned by the ferocity of Agatha's attacks. **
(11649) DM: (critically wounded)
(11649) DM: (6, the Trolloc, on Basht)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
(11649) DM: (and whuffs)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17)
** (11649) Silver growls, and lunges at the Trolloc from behind, knocking it to the ground and ripping out its throat. **
(11649) DM: (dies)
(11670) Agatha: (('bout time))
(11649) DM: (23, Git)
** (11683) Git drops on his butt, more than sick of this fight **
(11651) Vrondard: ((ive doing everything wrong.. hasn't helped))
(11649) DM: (18, Vron)
** (11651) Vrondard attacks as visciously as he can **
(11651) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (rage/charge/flank):
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+5+4+1+1+2] -> [2,5,4,1,1,2] = (15) Critical on Natural 20
(11649) DM: (nope)
(11649) DM: (18, Ari)
(11651) Vrondard: (and fails miserably)
(11683) Git: (poor poor cursed dwarf)
** (11679) Ari rushes Myrdraal and attacks **
(11679) Ari: Scimitar Attack Roll: [1d20+1] -> [17,1] = (18)===> DMG: [1d6+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
(11649) DM: (missed)
(11649) DM: (17, the myrdraal)
(11679) Ari: ((ooh this is gonna hurt)
(11649) the myrdraal: My Master commands me to fight another day, soft ones. (glancing at you all) May we cross again another time.
** (11649) the myrdraal begins to step back into the shadows of the ruined tower. (AOO pls) **
(11670) Agatha: "NOOOO!"
(11670) Agatha: [1d20+11] -> [2,11] = (13)
(11679) Ari: Scimitar Attack Roll: [1d20+1] -> [11,1] = (12)===> DMG: [1d6+0] -> [5,0] = (5)
(11651) Vrondard: "gah dont be leavin me"
(11651) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+5+4+1+1] -> [2,5,4,1,1] = (13) Critical on Natural 20
** (11684) Norfirion casts Meteor Swarm. **
(11649) DM: (lol)
(11670) Agatha: ((heh. Had to happen sooner or later.))
** (11649) the myrdraal nods, smiling thinly. "The next time we meet, your "gods" will not smile so on you." **
** (11670) Agatha is effortlessly knocked away. **
** (11649) the myrdraal begins to meld with the shadows (AOO pls) **
(11670) Agatha: ((go for it Norf
(11684) Norfirion: Attacks: Tear from the heart of an elf maiden (Dagger) [1d20+2+2] -> [9,2,2] = (13)
(11649) DM: (miss)
(11684) Norfirion: ( i cant hit the broad side of a barn)
(11649) DM: (any others?)
(11651) Vrondard: (aoo twice?)
(11670) Agatha: ((Git's out of options. The rest have used ours for the round. Unless Basht is gonna do something...))
(11649) DM: (ok. it melds into the shadows and disappears.)
(11649) Basht: This is what happens when you ignore your ka-tet (looking severely at Git and all of you)
** (11651) Vrondard calms down a bit... stunned at his ineffectiveness against it **
(11684) Norfirion: "That didnt go so well, but at the least we're alive."
(11651) Vrondard: "I couldn't hit it fer a naked orc child"
** (11670) Agatha swipes away futilely at the air, screaming in anguish as she finally falls to her knees in supreme exhaustion. **
(11651) Vrondard: "though surely it hit me hard enough"
** (11683) Git doesn't bother to raise his head to the catgirl's words. **
** (11679) Ari glances at the others, "What is a ka tet?" **
(11649) Basht: Mrrr.....it is a word that some of my kind use for the human concept of "fate".
(11651) Vrondard: "what do you mean... we aint supposed to be here?"
(11649) Basht: You know it better as "destiny".
(11649) Basht: Mrrrr....you have many paths open to you, dwarf, but few that will save the ones you hold dear.
(11683) Git: :Remaining silent, he glances off toward the temple Hally strolled off into.
(11684) Norfirion: "What does it matter, most of us have already lost the ones of which you speak."
(11649) Basht: I am only an agent for my god. I was sent to seek you out, to show you a path that will reveal a way for you to save your kingdom and your loved ones. I cannot force you to act but I can show you the price of ignorance.
(11649) Basht: You have it in you, young elf, to bring back those you love (glances at Norf) and to save your loved ones from death (looks at Git).
(11684) Norfirion: "Then your prophecy is falling on deaf ears, for I've already lost that which I cherished most."
** (11651) Vrondard starts to look uncomfortable and starts itching his beard nerviously **
(11684) Norfirion: "What?!"
(11651) Vrondard: ((is Git dying?))
(11684) Norfirion: "You know of what I seek? Then what counsel do you suggest?"
(11670) Agatha: "So what are you saying...That that "thing"....was after us because we aren't where we're...supposed to be?"
(11683) Git: ".. Show us the price of our ignorance? Should I feel threatened by that?" Still looking toward the temple, and speaking quite casually:
(11683) Git: (no, but his strength right now is 5)
(11649) Basht: Did you not hear me, elf? You will be able to bring back your loved one. Mrrr. (exasperation)
** (11679) Ari listens quietly. **
(11684) Norfirion: (yeah i posted at the same time)
(11684) Norfirion: (just strike that comment of mine0
** (11679) Ari takes a hesitant step back, wondering what her ka-tet might be. **
(11649) Basht: That thing is a creature of an entity that is not of this world. It is an agent of that entity, which is known as "Shai'tan."
(11651) Vrondard: "known as a Shifty some of a goon to me"
(11651) Vrondard: some=son
(11649) Basht: You are at a crossroads. You can choose to remain on your present path, or choose to act upon your ka-tet. Whether or not you are supposed to be here is irrelevant.
(11670) Agatha: "The Shai'tan.. that's what you're saying we're supposed to fight right?"
(11684) Norfirion: "Methiel, Pyrith, Rynduil, how I miss you so..." *seems to withdraw into his own world once again*
(11649) Basht: Many others are fighting him. Whether you choose to fight him remains to be seen.
** (11683) Git remains sitting, hunched forward weakly, as he gives no real response **
(11649) Basht: You are afflicted by the touch of this creature. Mrrr. Your friend has the ability to heal you, but he is not here. I know of one who has the ability to heal you, but he is many many hundreds of leagues away from this place.
(11684) Norfirion: "Does anyone have a suggested course of action?"
(11651) Vrondard: ((Mrr = meowing or mewling... I assume))
(11670) Agatha: "I'm too tired to argue. I'll see what this Ka-tet is all about.
(11649) Basht: If you continue on your present path, in one year's time, this kingdom and all the lands around it shall be overrun by those who hew to the Dark One, he who is known as "Shai'tan." A simple cloud citadel with giants shall be the least of your concerns.
(11651) Vrondard: "well that don't sound too promising"
(11683) Git: "And if we go on your Ka tet... what horrors do the cloud citadel wreak?"
(11649) Basht: But should you choose to follow your ka-tet, this will not happen, and this future will change.
(11649) Basht: It is not my ka-tet, half-elf, but yours.
(11683) Git: "Hmph... it's all that simple? Cut and dry like that?"
(11649) Basht: IF you follow your ka-tet, you will return with power, should the god will it, and that citadel shall not be a worry.
** (11683) Git nah, we were headed here before hally **
(11683) Git: (shoulda been a whisper. ignore that)
(11684) Norfirion: "Then tell me, what must I do to awaken this power within myself? I dont know how to follow my ka-tet. Fate, prophecy, destiny, was something I refused to believe in. But my master's words were true. He told me this very thing when I left his tutelage. He told me he saw dark signs in the sky, portents from Ciriacil Nondethal. And they've all came true. I guess I have no choice but to believe in you now."
(11649) Basht: If you doubt me, enter that tower and see what became of she who loved you.
(11670) Agatha: "Meanwhile, if we continue on our current mission, we'll have that bastard swinging at our backside the whole way."
(11649) Basht: (looks at Norfirion, shaking her head)
** (11651) Vrondard starts scratching his head **
(11649) Basht: You have no Fate but the Fate you have made, half-elf. You make your own Fate, your own ka-tet. But you have no Fate but the Fate you are given. And sometimes, your ka-tet determines itself.
(11683) Git: :narrows his vision at Basht before forcing himself to stands and strolls on wobbly legs into the temple after hally:
(11684) Norfirion: "Indeed Git, enough of this. I intend to do what I came here to do."
** (11684) Norfirion returns to the bone filled cloak and picks it up from the ground and follows behind Git into the temple. **
(11649) Basht: And what do you want to do, young elf? (looks on amusedly)
(11684) Norfirion: "To lay this girl to her rest, so that she may find some peace at last unlike those I loved."
(11651) Vrondard: "im fine with that... still would have liked to kill bug eyes there..."
(11651) Vrondard: "me swings were all off... what the heckfire was i doing that fer?"
** (11684) Norfirion turns his back to Basht and resumes his walk into the temple. **
(11670) Agatha: "Don't worry yerself, dwarf. I'm sure you'll get another crack at him."
(11649) DM: (those inside the temple): Lying in repose, across a stone bier with a smile on her face is the still form of Halthala. This is a crypt, it seems, dedicated to elven warriors who died in service to Ciriacil Nodelathael, and Halthala apparently was one of them. She is clad in a gleaming suit of mithril elven chain, and holds a bastard sword crafted from a strange bluish metal that you have never seen before. It has a black hilt and is similar to the Sword that Melisana held.
(11684) Norfirion: (Is it her ghostly form?)
(11649) DM: (yes)
** (11651) Vrondard follows along but is mostly a straggler here **
(11649) DM: (the Sword however is not, and is solid)
(11670) Agatha: ((Melisana being the one that attempted to assassinate the King of Tolmara all those weeks ago?))
** (11679) Ari follows along, feeling quite out of place. **
** (11649) Basht enters but does not proceed further, out of respect for the dead. **
(11649) DM: (yes)
(11649) DM: (King of Wylund. Tolmara is a city.)
** (11683) Git strolls toward her resting place, eyeing her curiously, "Lovely costume change gal. It suits you." Coming to rest against the bier with his back to her. "Ratehr rude just walking off by your self, but... I'll forgive ya." **
** (11684) Norfirion approaches the bier and unwraps the remains and places them gently on the stone surface. He then mutters several prayers to Ciriacil in star elven. **
** (11684) Norfirion then performs the appropriate start elven burial ceremony/rites. **
(11684) Norfirion: *star
(11649) DM: Halthala's remains stir in the air for a minute before disappearing out of sight, with a sparkle of light. You hear a soft whispered "thank you", but whether or not it is your imagination is unknown. The image of the sleeping star elf is unchanged.
** (11679) Ari blinks in wonder **
** (11683) Git bows his head a moment in silent respect before gazing up to Basht with a completely changed and relaxed face. "So.... They wanted the sword, right?" **
(11651) Vrondard: "hmmm" he seems a bit worried to break the silence "that it?"
** (11670) Agatha limps and stumbles in through the entrance, but goes no further than Basht, out of respect for the dead and that she is still woozy and dripping blood. **
(11670) Agatha: "Aye, something about a sword."
(11651) Vrondard: "yeah Mister Creepy said that"
(11649) Basht: Mrrr....this is the Sword of Mercy, known as Woundhealer. Only someone who has passed the test of faith or love, in the sla'mori of Alindal-en, can wield it.
(11684) Norfirion: "It doesnt seem right to remove it ourselves, but if they were after it, I would think Halthala would have wanted us to take it."
(11670) Agatha: "But we took the test of skill."
** (11679) Ari walks to Agatha, and without asking or thinking whispers her prayer **
(11679) Ari: Ari whispers her prayer "Goddess protect. Goddess provide Goddess reflect. Goddess unite Help me to see. Help me to feel Help me to be. Help me to heal." as she casts her healing spell
(11649) Basht: Yes, you did. (smiles slyly)
(11679) Ari: [1d8+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
(11683) Git: "So... we can
(11683) Git: 't take the sword then?"
(11649) Basht: Mrrr....she would have wanted you to take it, but are you worthy of the Sword?
(11649) Basht: Take it, then.
(11684) Norfirion: "I didnt say that..."
(11684) Norfirion: "I just dont know what to do."
(11683) Git: :gives a chortle and shrug: "Probably not, but when has that ever stopped me?"
(11649) Basht: (smiles)
(11684) Norfirion: "Should we just leave it here for them to take?"
(11683) Git: "No... they shouldn't be coming back here to disturb these graves again."
** (11670) Agatha is vaguely aware that her wound have magically sealed themselves up. **
(11651) Vrondard: "yeah don't leave it fer em... whatever ya do"
** (11683) Git takes a seat on the bier beside Hally's ghostly form, looking down at her as he contemplates the situation" **
(11684) Norfirion: "Perhaps we have taken the test, and we merely do not know it? I'm so confused, something I dont like to admit."
** (11670) Agatha puts a hand on Ari's shoulder. "Again I'm in your debt, lass." **
(11786) Tarl (enter): 02:06
** (11684) Norfirion sighs. **
(11649) Basht: As I said, you have many paths open before you. You can go on, on your original quest, to seek out this citadel of giants. Or you can follow your ka-tet. But in order to take the Sword, you must return in power, and defeat the Watcher who waits, which will lay to rest Halthala's sister.
(11684) Norfirion: "I dont know anymore."
(11649) Basht: The test of love is what you must do to lay Aeolarin to rest. And you have not yet done this.
(11683) Git: "So many rules... just doesn't suit me."
** (11679) Ari touches Agatha's hand. "There is no debt, we are all in this, whatever it is, together." **
(11649) Basht: All life is a rule, half-elf. (waits patiently)
(11679) Ari: "Test of Love. . ."
(11683) Git: "Do actually believe any of this or do you just reply with whatever you think will bug me the most?"
(11684) Norfirion: "Then I guess we should find some place to rest, lick our wounds (looks to Bash and smiles jokingly), and prepare ourselves for the future."
(11670) Agatha: "Leave the sword. If we ain't worthy, that eyeless bastard sure as hell ain't."
(11651) Vrondard: "you find me a nice dwarf lass and I'll take yer test"
(11684) Norfirion: "Agreed"
** (11679) Ari is unable to stop the giggles that Norfirion's words bring and begins to laugh in heartily. **
(11649) Basht: I told you. I am an agent of my god. I was sent to seek you out, but I cannot force you to act. After this meeting, I will not come to you again.
(11651) Vrondard: "other than that... I"m willin to smack around some giants... soon as I get a bit o' rest"
(11670) Agatha: "So if we do decide to follow the ka-tet. How will we find you?"
(11787) Uktena (enter): 02:11
(11788) Ravenheart (enter): 02:11
(11651) Vrondard: "but we said we'd set this spirit free too"
(11651) Vrondard: "so that's fine by me"
(11683) Git: "That's regrettable. I've really grown found of your.... nah nevermind." :Sighs and asks in an odd turn: "So... where to for this ka-tet then?"
(11787) Uktena (exit): 02:11
(11788) Ravenheart (exit): 02:11
(11679) Ari: "True, but we didn't say when."
(11649) Basht: If you follow your ka-tet, then I will take you to a place far from this land, where you WILL find your ka-tet. And you will return, although when is up to you to determine.
(11679) Ari: "How can we not follow our own fate?"
(11649) Basht: Your fate is yours to determine, just as your fate is Fate's to grant. (smiles) In time, perhaps you will learn this truth.
** (11679) Ari turns to Basht, "Though I did notice you have said nothing about my ka-tet." **
(11684) Norfirion: "Indeed it is a strange thing to ponder, but I'm tired of pondering. Now is the time we act, and I'm going forward with my promise I made to Halthala sister."
(11649) Basht: (turns to Ari) You are an agent of the balance. The world around you is your ka-tet.
(11683) Git: "It's not truth, your just talking in circles. Either we'll do something or something will just happen to us. It's a phrase that can't be wrong but proves nothing."
** (11651) Vrondard looks like he's working on an ulcer **
(11649) DM: (lol.)
** (11670) Agatha looks around the others, watching their reactions. **
(11683) Git: (drink milk)
(11679) Ari: (goat's milk)
(11683) Git: (straight from the goat!)
** (11679) Ari frowns at Basht, but says nothing. **
(11683) Git: "So... lets take a vote. All in favor of the giant citadel, say aye"
** (11684) Norfirion approaches the bier once again and stares down at the blade, he runs his hand over the sword carressing it but not removing it. **
(11670) Agatha: "You're right Git. But she's been straightforward about one thing. In one year, we're facing some great disaster."
(11684) Norfirion: "Nay, I've told you. I have my vows to fufill."
(11651) Vrondard: "aye!"
(11683) Git: "And all to face the ka tet?"
(11651) Vrondard: "yer cant beat smacking the giants round!"
(11684) Norfirion: "I will."
(11684) Norfirion: "I've already decided."
** (11670) Agatha wearily raises her hand. **
(11649) DM: (Kha if he were here, would vote for the ka-tet)
(11683) Git: (duh)
(11649) DM: (but absent PCs don't count. lol.)
(11684) Norfirion: "I understand if the rest of you wish to do otherwise, I wont beg you to come. But I have to do what I've promised, not just to her and her sister *points to the corpse*, but to myself."
(11683) Git: (so would sam)
** (11679) Ari pushes the loose hair back from her face. "I am tired and starting to become confused. I know we promised to lay Halthala's sister to rest, but were we not also told this would happen only when we were ready?" **
(11649) Basht: You were told it would happen yes, when you were ready, and also when you returned with power. Mrr.
(11683) Git: "We'll rest the rest of the day either way
(11651) Vrondard: "alright I'll go... but enough with dead bodies and strange magic already"
(11684) Norfirion: "I am ready, all I lack is the power. Now I will begin my search for such power, its the only way for me."
(11651) Vrondard: "today wasnt normal"
(11679) Ari: "so perhaps we do need that sword, and to follow Basht, then return?"
(11683) Git: :to vronard: "I wouldn't count on that"
(11651) Vrondard: "smother it and bugger it"
(11649) Basht: Very well. Rest yourselves. We leave at first light in the dawn.
(11649) Basht: I must retire early, to prepare for the casting.
(11679) Ari: "Now that sounds like a plan."
(11670) Agatha: "Heh. Sounds good to me."
(11683) Git: "Sleep tight kitten."
(11651) Vrondard: "well I need some rest meself..."
** (11684) Norfirion spends quite some time near the bier in quiet contemplation. **
** (11683) Git gives another glance at Hally and moves off to find a nice spot on the floor to lay out on and rest. **
** (11679) Ari glances again at the sword. "We should bring it, I wonder if it will fit in the luggage?" **
(11670) Agatha: "Aye. I'm getting to old for this."
(11683) Git: :To ari: "Unless we pass another dumb test we can't take it."
** (11684) Norfirion finally he just rests his head on the cold stone and slumps to the his knees overcame with emotions he can't control, mutteing to himself like a broken pathetic man. **
** (11670) Agatha shakes her head at Ari. "No. It we weren't meant for it, we weren't meant for it." **
** (11679) Ari sighs, watching Norfirion, she forgets the sword, wishing there was something she could do, but not knowing how to help the spellcaster. **
(11670) Agatha: " 'Sides, that beast coulda come in a grabbed it at any time. But he didn't. Why you s'pose that is?"
** (11684) Norfirion wanders off outside to himself after a few minutes where he lays down in the grass starring into the night sky while resting. **
(11651) Vrondard: "spirit prolly guarded it... but it can't do that now... that sounds reasonable to me"
(11651) Vrondard: "a dwarves ancestors are still powerful even after death"
(11670) Agatha: "Nah. I'm thinking that it couldn't and can't ever get it. It was betting on us to get it for him."
** (11679) Ari watches Norfirion leave, and is lost in her own thoughts of long ago. **
(11670) Agatha: "As long as the sword stays where it is. I don't think the likes of 'im can even get in arm's reach o' it."
(11651) Vrondard: "well thats a tricky decision"
(11651) Vrondard: "well the darn thing healed you... i'd be taking it... specially if it was an axe"
(11649) DM: (20 minute warning)
** (11679) Ari shakes her head and returns to the present.... "However, it is not an axe. So the point is moot." **
(11670) Agatha: "As though it'd do you any good. The sword can't kill, remember? And killin's all you're good for."
** (11684) Norfirion returns back inside. **
(11651) Vrondard: "hmmm didn't think about that... sure it can't kill?"
(11651) Vrondard: "what kind of sword is that... sorta useless other than parrying"
(11651) Vrondard: "and why the heckfire would those evil sods want it then?"
** (11684) Norfirion places his hand over the hilt of the sword. **
(11670) Agatha: "That's the point, stupid. The sword isn't supposed to be used in raids. It's used to protect."
(11792) Jak (enter): 02:37
** (11684) Norfirion then slowly lifts it up. **
(11670) Agatha: "Norfirion...what are you doing?"
(11684) Norfirion: "What I think is right"
(11649) DM: He's struggling to lift the Sword. It feels like a dead weight in his hand.
(11684) Norfirion: "And we can't continue to bicker about this, at least if something bad happens, I dont want it to happen to the rest of you."
(11684) Norfirion: "So it appears settled, it wont budge"
(11684) Norfirion: "Lets rest and quit discussing this."
(11651) Vrondard: "budged fer Aggie..."
(11651) Vrondard: "maybe it only werks fer girls"
(11649) DM: (lol)
(11684) Norfirion: "Or the right person, I dont know."
(11670) Agatha: ((I didn't go anywhere near the blade. Funny idea, though"
(11684) Norfirion: "Maybe I'm a fool for even trying, but I had to give it a shot regardless."
(11649) Basht: Mrrr. (shifts uneasily in her sleep)
(11670) Agatha: "Who knows? Maybe you are the one, but you just ain't ready for it yet."
(11684) Norfirion: "I thought perhaps this was the key to what I seek, maybe it is. Whatever it is, it appears we're not ready"
** (11684) Norfirion nods agreeing with Agatha. **
** (11679) Ari yawns, "You did what you needed to do, lets get some rest, we have things to do and places to go **
(11679) Ari: "
** (11684) Norfirion nods silently. **
** (11684) Norfirion finds a place and sits, then tries to get some rest. **
(11792) Jak (exit): 02:42
(11670) Agatha: "Aye, it's a wonder I could even still talk"
** (11670) Agatha yawns and promptly passes out. **
** (11684) Norfirion finds himself awaking drawn to gaze at the sword during the night, but returns to his rest and eventually mirred down by the weight of so many decisions slips into trance, **
** (11679) Ari pulls her bedroll from the luggage and settles into a comfortable position curled up near Silver. **
(11649) DM: You waken to find Basht already up and about, as she packs to get ready for her travels. You notice she's discarded her leather armor (having only a tunic and breeches as well as a buckler) and wears loose, flowing robes.
** (11683) Git stays still through the night, apparently sleeping soundly **
(11649) Basht: Mrrr. It occurs to me that perhaps you are not dressed appropriately for this place. Nevertheless, we will happen on travelers or a caravan where perhaps you will have clothes to wear.
** (11670) Agatha groans from pain and soreness as she slowly gets up. **
** (11683) Git sits up, paying the cat godess little mind as he takes a bite to eat and straighten himself out, apparently skipping his typical morning stretches. **
(11670) Agatha: ((What's the weather like?))
(11670) Agatha: ((Or was that merely a reference to the culture?))
(11649) DM: ((reference))
(11649) Basht: The casting is short but arduous for those of you unised to magicka. (glances at Vrondard)
** (11649) Silver looks at Basht and whuffs, whining softly **
** (11679) Ari arouses from her meditation **
** (11684) Norfirion seems a litte more at ease in the morning. **
(11684) Norfirion: "I understand now."
(11670) Agatha: "Hmph. I imagine all the blood stains would be rather conspicuous too."
** (11684) Norfirion approaches the bier one final time before departing. **
(11651) Vrondard: (oy)
(11670) Agatha: "Hmm? What'd he mean by that?"
(11684) Norfirion: "I know my weakness, now I have to persevere to overcome it."
(11649) DM: (unused even)
** (11651) Vrondard steels himself for the fould magic to come **
(11684) Norfirion: "The sword, its weight, its not real."
(11684) Norfirion: "My own faults are what keep me from grasping it."
(11684) Norfirion: "And only when I'm able to overcome my own anger and hatred from my past can I lift it."
(11684) Norfirion: "Until I'm able to shed this feelings, its an unmoving mountain."
(11684) Norfirion: *these
(11670) Agatha: "Well I coulda told ya that. It's like in one of my son's fairy tales, gods rest his soul."
(11684) Norfirion: "I'm sorry to hear that, I share your pain."
(11684) Norfirion: "Master Symir, your words. I remember them. I promise, I'll not make the same mistake twice."
(11670) Agatha: "No pain to share. It was years ago."
** (11683) Git packs up his belongings and asks of Basht, "So... where are we going?" **
(11684) Norfirion: "From this day forward, I make a vow. To all whom bear witness, *looks to the sky* Hurishta, the gods *looks to the bier* to the dead, *looks to his companions* and to my dear friends."
** (11670) Agatha wonders who Norfirion is talking to and decides to go talk to someone else. **
(11649) Basht: Far, far away, half-elf. Take my hand, and hold your friends...
(11684) Norfirion: "I will not let these emotions rule my life any longer."
(11684) Norfirion: (he's talking to himself, kinda oblivious)
** (11651) Vrondard looks like he'd rather cut off his hand and hand it to him rather then comply **
(11670) Agatha: ((I figured as much. Still it's odd when ya see.))
** (11649) Basht begins to chant a strange, halting song as if swaying to her own rhythm **
** (11651) Vrondard looks at his axe... then his hand.... and sighs **
(11684) Norfirion: "I'm ready now, this wont be out last time here."
(11670) Agatha: ((I should know, I see the reaction all the time.))
** (11684) Norfirion looks back once more before extending his hand. **
** (11651) Vrondard looks up in the air... and grabs Gits hand... joining the chain **
** (11683) Git stares down at her hand a second before taking it and offering in his overtly flirtatious manner, "Just an excuse to hold m'hand, right?" Waggles his brow and takes her hand with a grin before reaching to the others **
(11649) DM: Your experience is strangely, not uncomfortable....
** (11679) Ari shrugs, "Silver and the luggage too?" **
(11649) DM: ....a feeling of serene weightlessness....
(11683) Git: :Coming down from the euphoric feeling, asks of Basht: "Mmmmm... Was it good for you too?"
(11684) Norfirion: (we're on the vomit comet)
(11649) DM: Which is rudely brought to a halt as you land with a grunt on top of something soft, and as you open your eyes, Basht is not there, and you are inside a room shrouded in total darkness save for moonlight coming from a crack in the ceiling. You're atop a mound of sand. A LARGE mound of sand. And it's quite warm in here.
(11683) Git: "Owww...."
(11649) DM: (yes Silver is here, along with the luggage.)
(11683) Git: :blinking his eyes and looking about: "The pretty ones always leave ya hurting"
(11649) DM: (we'll stop here in 5 minutes.)
(11670) Agatha: "I coulda done without the rough landing"
** (11684) Norfirion squints his eyes and takes in his new surroundings. **
(11651) Vrondard: "I coulda done without the leavin"
(11649) DM: The room seems tilted to the southwest, on a twenty degree angle.
(11670) Agatha: "Where are we?"
(11683) Git: "She could have atleast explained where she was dropping us."
(11651) Vrondard: "hmmm we aint anywhere I thought we 'd be"
(11679) Ari: "Sure she could have, but she's a cat."
(11651) Vrondard: "well a pile of sand aint bad...better than a pile of cow manure"
(11670) Agatha: "Aye, when has a cat ever been concerned about anyone else?"
(11649) DM: The crack in the ceiling is about 15' above you. The ceiling is curved and appears to be a dome of some kind. Stone doors can be seen to the north, and archways leading west and east of this columnned hall.
(11649) DM: It's nighttime as you can see, the light of the sapphire moon shines through the crack.
(11649) DM: (we'll stop here)


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms