Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
5 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
5 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Tolmara Logs


Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(4294) Git: (Woo hoo!)
(4330) Kha: ((lol, no its time for us all to reroll :P))
(4319) TaliesinNYC: 11: This stone chamber is littered with the bodies of orckin and ogrekin in the aftermath of your battle. The door to the rear of the chamber is closed. A steady thundering vibration can be heard in the distance even through the thick wooden doors.
** (4294) Git looks about at the bodies then to the door. "Okay, Vronard, you can open that one." **
(4333) Vrondard: "hmmm what the heckfire was that thing"
** (4311) Agatha takes a small breather. **
(4330) Kha: "That Eyeless Horror did not flee, he left likly because he deemed us unworthy to face him"
(4294) Git: "Us unworthy, he wasn't exactly beauty pageant material himself."
** (4311) Agatha gets up grinning. **
(4319) Halthala: That was the creature I spoke of in my tale to you.
(4324) Norfirion: "It makes no difference, what shall we do now?"
(4311) Agatha: "Well I reckon we should prove him wrong.
(4333) Vrondard: "ohh"
(4294) Git: "Hey Norf.... is that shaking door a bad thing?"
** (4324) Norfirion nods to Agatha. **
(4324) Norfirion: "Your guess is as good as mine Git."
** (4333) Vrondard will eventually open the door after we are done chatting about it **
(4330) Kha: "I dont know how much of the dream world encounter you all remember, but from what I remember, if we faced him, we would all die a painfull death"
(4294) Git: "Thanks."
** (4294) Git steps carefully toward the door to inspect it (quick search for traps/lock) **
(4324) Norfirion: "If it deemed us unworthy to face it? Then what do we have to fear?" *perks an eyebrow*
(4319) DM: As you open the door, you hear a loud thundering roar down the corridor. The corridor slopes gently downward and curves to the left.
(4330) Kha: "our painfull death if we press it"
(4294) Git: (I need only look and my will be done. Tremble before me pitiful half-men. Muwahaha!)
(4333) Vrondard: "hmmm what the heckfire was that thing"
** (4333) Vrondard starts stepping forward down the hall **
(4330) Kha: "I am not saying we should turn back, but these are creatures that were never ment to be in this world, They are the assasins of a foring god"
(4319) DM: The roar drowns out all other sounds.
(4294) Git: :to vronard: "Don't know. Lets go ask him."
(4311) Agatha: "I don't suppose you dreamed it having a weakness did you, Kha?
(4324) Norfirion: "Well shall we stand here with our heads in a hole, or shall we take a look?"
(4324) Norfirion: "Git why dont you go have a look..." *smiles*
** (4294) Git heads in through the door, taking the lead, he goes slow to watch for traps or ambushes (take 10 on spot for 16) **
(4330) Kha: "In the dream world Vanatros, my intelagent spear, destoryed it. Though he informs me he can not do so in the waking world"
** (4330) Kha shuts the door so we con actualy talk **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [4,16] = (20)
** (4311) Agatha trys to keep a close eye on Git as she responds. **
whispering to Git, the floor appears to be moist...
(4311) Agatha: "Lovely."
** (4294) Git looks sharply back as the door is shut on him. 'Gee... teamwork's wonderful.' Continues down **
** (4330) Kha open the door again and follows Git **
(4330) Kha: "Guess talk is done"
whispering to Git, the floor slopes gently down and the corridor turns to the left.
** (4324) Norfirion shakes his head and proceeds down the hall after the others. **
** (4311) Agatha shrugs and follows suit. **
** (4330) Kha shifts his flaming spear to a ready position and keeps himself open to the source **
(4319) TaliesinNYC: water: The roar of twin waterfalls drowns out all other sounds in this strange corridor. Instead of cut stone walls, barriers of water, formed by 10' high waterfalls on either side of the hall, border the path for about 40'. The floor glistens with misty spray.
(4319) DM: You round the bend of the passage, slowly, and come to this strange sight.
(4324) Norfirion: "What a bizzare passage..."
(4319) DM: To either side of you is a wall of water. This is what you heard above.
(4294) Git: "Um..." :calls out: "Interesting design scheme. I hope to have something like this when I'm rich and eccentric."
(4319) DM: (that's the area which is surrounded by water)
(4311) Agatha: "Better than farting moss, though we're ripe for an ambush here."
** (4294) Git checks the floor before proceeding in, making sure it isn't too slippery to walk **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [2,16] = (18)
whispering to Git, it's pretty slick all right
** (4311) Agatha tries her hardest to tune out the sound of water and listen for enemies. **
(4294) Git: "It's dangerous. Some should goa across first with a rope. Who's feeling daring?" :yells best he can over the rushing waters
** (4324) Norfirion utters a few arcane words and casts Detect Magic in the passage. Scanning all directions. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9-5] -> [16,9,-5] = (20)
(4333) Vrondard: "how are you getting the rope over there... then Ill tell you if im going over first"
whispering to Agatha, you can hear chipping sounds, ever so faintly, coming from either side of the path.
(4294) Git: "Like I said, someone's gonna have to take a stroll across first"
whispering to Norfirion, no radiance...
(4311) Agatha: "Which means one of has to be the anchor."
(4325) Zane (enter): 21:56
(4294) Git: "Two actually, one's gonna have to stay on this end and get pulled across."
(4319) DM: (if someone could pls send me a node with monsters that I can use, that would be great)
** (4330) Kha is standing in silent concentration, seeimg to look at nothing **
(4319) DM: (most of my material was lost when I removed Open from my system)
(4294) Git: "So... no volunteers then?"
** (4311) Agatha steps forward. **
** (4294) Git arches a brow at Aggy. "You're kidding, right?" **
(4319) DM: (found a site, don't bother, thanks.)
(4333) Vrondard: ((Baby Time! (afk)))
(4311) Agatha: "Might as well."
** (4294) Git sighs, reaches into his satchel grabs out his rope, beginning to tie one end to his belt. "Here's a better idea, gal." Handing her the other end to Aggy, "You anchor, I'll stroll." **
(4324) Norfirion: "I would offer you my help Git, but I'm at the bottom of the barrel here when it comes to physical skill."
(4330) Kha: "I'll cross, I have a better chance of making it if it is very slipery then you Agatha. No offence, but you are not the most agial of people"
** (4294) Git gets down on all fours crawling across the floor for better balance and slowly begins across, calling back. "You couldn't have stepped forward a bit sooner?" **
** (4311) Agatha grins. "Maybe not, but I have a better chance of surviving an attack." **
(4330) Kha: "Sorry I was concentrationg on a way to silence the water so we could speak with out yshouting"
** (4311) Agatha takes the rope. **
(4294) Git: Yeah.. cause it's the sound that's making me uncomfortable." :yells sarcastically as he crawls
(4311) Agatha: "Well be careful, then. I doubt that spear o' yours will work so well here."
(4319) DM: (load minis pls, each square = 5')
(4330) Kha: "My spear will work fine, it is not effected by this mist"
(4311) Agatha: "I could barely hear a chipping sound ahead, so watch yourself."
(4319) DM: actions?
** (4294) Git slowly crawls across the wet walkway, keeping an eye for surprises and loose stones (take ten spot, 16) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [1,16] = (17)
whispering to Git, none that you can see...
** (4333) Vrondard murmors his dissatisfaction **
** (4333) Vrondard grips his axe in anticipation.... **
** (4324) Norfirion holds his groun while his hands reach into his spell components pouch ready to cast at the first sign of attack. **
** (4330) Kha stands ready for anything **
** (4294) Git continues on toward the end of the waterfall to a place where he can take a firm stance **
(4319) DM: Water continues to pour down on either side of you...
(4294) Git: (Do I reach safety?)
(4333) Vrondard: "how safe doesn anyone feel wid this durn water..."
** (4333) Vrondard gets to a dry location as quick as he can **
(4319) DM: As you close to the other side, suddenly, dark shapes plunge through the water, on both sides of the corridor...
(4333) Vrondard: "heyo..."
(4311) Agatha: "What'd I tell you!"
(4294) Git: (where should my mini be?)
(4311) Agatha: "Safety be damned! Git hang on!"
(4319) DM: (placed it)
(4319) DM: (roll init pls)
** (4330) Kha as soon as he sees the dark shapes he sets into action **
(4333) Vrondard: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
(4294) Git: [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
(4319) DM: They appear to be humanoid, with webbed feet and hands, and the heads of fish...
(4324) Norfirion: Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [13,7] = (20)
(4319) DM: ...and they exude a powerful reek...
(4311) Agatha: [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19)
(4294) Git: (how far from the end am I?)
(4319) DM: (10')
(4319) DM: (each square = 5' above)
(4319) DM: (Ag and Kha?)
(4361) Kha (enter): 22:17
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20-1] -> [10,-1] = (9)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (4361) Kha...
(4311) Agatha: ((I rolled my init. Got a 19.))
(4319) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(4330) Kha' from room...
(4330) Kha (exit): 22:18
(4361) Kha: [1d20+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
(4319) DM: One of the creatures begins burbling and fingering a necklace around its neck. (trog6)
(4319) DM: (20, Norf)
(4319) DM: The creatures wield coral-covered javelins and spears.
(4324) Norfirion: grease, centered in a 10'f square on trog 2, 3,
(4324) Norfirion: and 4, but not 5
(4324) Norfirion: Ref save, DC is 18
(4294) Git: (it scrapes a lot)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20, 1d20, 1d20] -> ([10], [16], [9])
(4324) Norfirion: 17 actually, my mistake, was using 3.0 spell focus of +2,
(4319) DM: Three of the creatures slip to the floor, their weapons flying out of their hands...
(4324) Norfirion: "Stay down!"
(4319) DM: (19, Ag)
** (4361) Kha leans over and whispers to Halthala(sp) "Use my bow wisly" **
** (4319) Halthala nods... **
** (4311) Agatha charges up, roaring above the waters to attack the lead cod-face. **
whispering to Vrondard, send me a node pls
(4311) Agatha: [1d20+9] -> [5,9] = (14)
(4319) DM: (miss)
(4311) Agatha: ((any penalties from this water, btw?))
(4324) Norfirion: ( i could have sworn they had to eat some of these on fear factor before)
(4319) DM: (-1 from the slickness of the floor)
(4319) DM: (9, Git)
(4333) Vrondard has sent you a tree node...
** (4294) Git turns around, pulling a dagger in each hand and heave one at trog 6 **
(4294) Git: Dagger(thrown) Attack Roll: [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)===> DMG: [1d4+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
(4319) DM: (hit)
(4319) DM: Your dagger's strike disrupts its concentration, as its burbling ceases and a piece of coral falls out of its hand.
(4319) DM: (9, the creatures)
(4319) DM: (all within 30' of any creature, make a Fort save pls)
(4361) Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+8] -> [18,8] = (26)
(4319) DM: (that would be everyone I believe)
(4333) Vrondard: Fortitude: Save [1d20+3+3+4] -> [5,3,3,4] = (15)
(4333) Vrondard: (+2 vs poison or spell)
(4294) Git: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
(4319) DM: (its their odor)
(4324) Norfirion: Saves: Fortitude: [1d20+5+0] -> [15,5,0] = (20)
(4311) Agatha: [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11)
(4319) DM: (waiting on Ag before proceeding)
(4311) Agatha: ((pfft. figures.))
whispering to Agatha, you're overcome with nausea
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [2] = (2)
(4311) Agatha: ((symptoms combat-wise?))
whispering to Agatha, take 2 Str damage
(4311) Agatha: ((okay))
(4319) DM: on 9, the creatures that are able to, attack. (trog1 on Ag, trog5 on Git)
** (4311) Agatha seems rather pale. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1, 1d20-1] -> ([7, 1], [6, -1]), [1d20+1, 1d20-1] -> ([14, 1], [13, -1])
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1, 1d20-1, 1d20+1, 1d20-1] -> ([8, 1], [13, -1], [4, 1], [3, -1])
whispering to TaliesinNYC, (1d20+1)
(4319) DM: The creatures slice at you with their spears and lunge at you in attempt to bite you, but all miss...
(4319) DM: (6, Vron)
** (4333) Vrondard moves past trog1 (aoo vs 27) and swipes at Trog3 (dodge on #3..2 if he dies) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
(4319) DM: (miss)
(4319) DM: (AOO that is)
(4333) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+4+4+1+1] -> [20,4,4,1,1] = (30) Critical on Natural 20
(4333) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+4+4+1+1] -> [17,4,4,1,1] = (27) Critical on Natural 20
(4324) Norfirion: i think its dead jim bo
(4333) Vrondard: (assuming crits)
(4319) DM: (damage?)
(4333) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Crit Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[(1d10+4+1)*3] -> 42 damage
(4319) DM: (well yes lol)
(4294) Git: (42.... whoa...)
(4311) Agatha: ((wow))
(4319) DM: (and Kha, your go)
(4333) Vrondard: (x3 always can rack up some good damage)
** (4361) Kha moves behind Trog1 (It gets an AoO vs 22 as I move from the spot right behind Ag to behind it if it gets more then 1 per round due to combat relexes) **
(4361) Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16)===> DMG: [2d12+4] -> [5,4,4] = (13)
(4361) Kha: (+2 for flank isnt incuded, so it's an 18 toHit)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [8,1] = (9)
(4319) DM: (not. lol)
(4319) DM: (it missed. and you hit. and damage?)
(4361) Kha: (dmg is 13)
(4319) DM: and it dies.
(4319) DM: (20, Norf)
** (4324) Norfirion moves 20' then casts magic missile on Trog6. **
** (4311) Agatha turns her head and vomits as the reek of burning entrails overwhelms her. **
(4324) Norfirion: [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2)
(4324) Norfirion: [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3)
(4319) DM: (describe the spell pls)
(4333) Vrondard: "Aggie what gives... " he chides her but has concern in his voice
(4311) Agatha: "Ugggh. I really. hate. fish."
** (4324) Norfirion extends his hand as 2 darts of brillant magical energy streak out unerringly striking the creature in its chest with a sizzling sound. **
(4319) DM: The creature staggers back and shrieks (burbles?) in pain.
(4319) DM: (19, Ag)
** (4311) Agatha wipes her mouth before rushing the next fish, being careful to avoid the grease as she does so. **
(4311) Agatha: [1d20+8] -> [13,8] = (21)
(4311) Agatha: ((-1 for the water I believe.
(4319) DM: (only if you enter the area)
(4319) DM: (yes)
(4319) DM: (still hit)
(4319) DM: (if you enter the area, need to make a Reflex)
(4311) Agatha: [1d12+6] -> [12,6] = (18)
(4319) DM: (18 was damage?)
(4311) Agatha: ((if I can hit without entering, then that's what I'll do. 18 was the dmg, yes.
(4319) DM: (dies)
(4319) DM: (9, Git)
(4324) Norfirion: ((. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Balance check. Failure means it cant move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Balance skill for details).))
** (4294) Git tries to fake off the fishface(trog 5) to get the upper hand(bluff to feint). Shifting back and forth he settle to a movement to the left putting trog 5 between him and trog 6, and hoping his quick hand movements will offer an opening **
(4294) Git: Bluff Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [4,10] = (14)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [17] = (17)
(4311) Agatha: "Norfirion, can you end this slick?"
(4319) DM: It doesn't appear to have worked as the creature thrusts its javelin in your shoulder. Behind it, the creature (trog6) begins burbling again, as it rips off a portion of its necklace and waves its hands.
** (4294) Git curses at his own missteps **
whispering to Git, will save
(4324) Norfirion: (Is it possile to end your magics prematurely without using dispel or some such? I'm not even too sure, this is my first caster character in 3rd ed.?)
(4294) Git: Will save: [1d20+2] -> [12,2] = (14)
whispering to Norfirion, yes
(4319) DM: ( I believe so, but not sure)
(4311) Agatha: ((I'm guessing no. I figured it didn't hurt to ask.))
(4324) Norfirion: (it only lasts 4 rnds anyways, what is this the 3rd?)
whispering to Git, just made it
(4361) Kha: (If it has a "(dD)" in the duration it is)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20-1, 1d20+1] -> ([15, -1], [5, 1])
(4333) Vrondard: ((ill check))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [10,1] = (11)
(4324) Norfirion: (ok cool it is, i was wondering what that meant, thnx Kha)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20-1] -> [9,-1] = (8)
(4324) Norfirion: (I assume i still have to wait my turn though to dismiss it.)
(4319) DM: (and trog5 misses)
(4333) Vrondard: ((note this is called dissmissing the spell))
(4319) DM: (Vron, 6)
(4333) Vrondard: ((which must have a D behind the duration and its at will))
** (4333) Vrondard steps up (balance check [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19)) **
(4333) Vrondard: and wacks the trog4
(4311) Agatha: ((Looks like it's dismissible then.))
(4333) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+4+4+1+1] -> [3,4,4,1,1] = (13) Critical on Natural 20
(4333) Vrondard: "ratmuffin"
(4319) DM: (nope)
(4319) DM: (6, Kha)
(4294) Git: (.... ratmuffin?)
** (4361) Kha moves forward and attempts to slide across the slick gracefully **
(4361) Kha: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+7-1] -> [18,7,-1] = (24) (includes Armor Penalty of -1)
(4333) Vrondard: ((well if he is on the ground prone... thats +4 to the attack))
(4324) Norfirion: (well dismiss it now if its possible, or do it on my turn instead. This is a free action as well I presume?)
(4319) DM: (it's trying to get up)
(4361) Kha: (Trog 4 gets AoO vs 22)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [1,1] = (2)
(4333) Vrondard: ((its a free or move action... ill look at that))
** (4361) Kha swings his spear quickly into Trog6 as he finishes his slide across the oil **
(4361) Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [7,8] = (15)===> DMG: [2d12+4] -> [10,7,4] = (21)
(4319) DM: It fumbles instead.
(4319) DM: It never sees your spear coming and dies.
(4319) DM: (20, Norf)
(4319) DM: (made a mistake and adjusted it, sorry. trog6 died, not trog4)
(4319) DM: The creature appeared to be wearing a necklace of coral encrusted finger bones.
** (4324) Norfirion utters a word and snaps his fingers as the grease vanishes away. He then moves forward **
** (4324) Norfirion extends his finger and fires a thin fiery ray of heat at Trog4 as he pears between Agatha and Vrondard for clear view. **
(4333) Vrondard: ((dismiss a spell is a standard action))
(4333) Vrondard: ((sorry for that mistake... you wont be able to cast another spell))
(4324) Norfirion: ah ok then no spell, just dismiss and move
(4324) Norfirion: (np)
(4319) DM: (19, Ag)
** (4311) Agatha takes her cue and moves in for the kill. **
(4311) Agatha: ((Is a coup-de-grace possible?))
(4319) DM: (no, since it's upright)
(4311) Agatha: ((alrighty then))
(4311) Agatha: [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23)
(4319) DM: (dies)
(4311) Agatha: [1d12+6] -> [2,6] = (8) DMG
(4319) DM: (9, Git)
** (4294) Git grits his teeth and takes a stab at the trog 5's ribs before backing off (5' step back) **
(4294) Git: Ceremonial Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18)===> DMG: [1d4+1+0] -> [1,1,0] = (2)
(4319) DM: It gurgles, vomiting up bile, and turns, making a leap for the curtain of water behind it....
(4319) DM: It jumps through the wall of water...
(4333) Vrondard: "whats up with this water... foul beasts... gettin wet is fer sissy water elves and river fairies"
(4324) Norfirion: "And for people that don't bathe like some certain dwarves."
** (4361) Kha kneels down and tacks the necklace of fingerbones off the dead Troglidite. examining the ground for the thing it droped earlyer **
(4294) Git: "Goodbye ugly."
(4371) Tarl (enter): 23:07
** (4294) Git searches for his lost dagger and sees if there's anything of use on the corpses. **
(4311) Agatha: "Someone should tell them water ain't enough. It still reeks to high heavens."
(4333) Vrondard: "so we go forward or see where he was goin too?"
(4361) Kha: "Didnt smell too bad"
** (4333) Vrondard puts his shield to try to part the water (and not get too wet) **
(4333) Vrondard: (from where the trog was trying to escape)
(4372) Boltt (enter): 23:08
(4294) Git: ""Well first make sure there's a passage through the waterfall before we got shot down into some underground cavern"
(4361) Kha: "A dwarf willing to swim after something? What hasd the world come too"
** (4311) Agatha nods to Git. "Agreed." **
(4333) Vrondard: "me axe is still thirsty... even if I aint"
(4311) Agatha: "No doubt it's seeking reinforcements, but we'd be in their element following after it.
** (4294) Git eyes a strange symbol for a momoent before gets out his expandable pole, opening it up to ten feet and reaching to to the waterfall to feel around **
** (4361) Kha fingers the necklace and chunk of coal and slips it into his pack **
(4333) Vrondard: "ok nobody go that way.... too wet and too large of a fall"
** (4324) Norfirion chuckles. **
(4333) Vrondard: "lets go..."
** (4333) Vrondard intends to stay on his feet (and moves on forward) **
(4361) Kha: "I dont fancy following it, let it bring more friends, but let it briing them to the solid land"
** (4324) Norfirion nods "Lead on oh gut splattering one." **
** (4361) Kha continues down the hall past the falls **
** (4294) Git closes up the pole and stowes it back in his satchel **
(4373) Ivellos (enter): 23:13
(4373) Ivellos (exit): 23:13
** (4361) Kha keeps his spear ready and continues down the hall **
(4319) DM: The corridor veers to your right. Wet tracks proceed down the hall.
(4294) Git: "There's somekind of handhold over there, but... I don't think it's safe enough to follow. We should press on." :heads along with the otehrs down the hall:
(4319) DM: The corridor branches after a few feet. Continues further down and a path turns to your left. You can hear snoring in the distance.
(4319) DM: (snoring down the left branch)
(4319) DM: Its a kind of guttural snoring.
(4361) Kha: (Door Bb?)
(4319) DM: (yes)
(4294) Git: "Well, I don't want to mess with anything that snores that loud"
** (4311) Agatha lowers her voice as best she can. "Any idea what that is?" **
(4319) Halthala: It sounds like a troll...
** (4324) Norfirion shrugs. "Doesnt sound like anything I'm familiar with. These passages tend to distort sound as well." **
** (4294) Git moves off to check around the next corner **
(4319) DM: (which corner?)
(4294) Git: (corner to a)
(4333) Vrondard: "yeah that aint no solution... if its sleepin"
(4319) DM: (to a?)
(4324) Norfirion: "A troll? If that is so, then we should tread carefully indeed, or we may end up on its palette."
** (4361) Kha pauses at the door then sees everyone passing it by and continues on **
(4361) Kha: "Trolls burn well"
** (4361) Kha holds up his flaming spear **
(4324) Norfirion: "And I'm sure Kha tastes well in its opinion"
(4294) Git: "And I'm sure he thinks you're tasty."
(4294) Git: (darn, beat me to the punch)
(4324) Norfirion: "But then again probably not." *nudges Kha on the arm jokingly.*
(4373) Ivellos (enter): 23:19
(4361) Kha: "I probably do, I am very fit. though I might be a bit stringy for him"
** (4294) Git heads up the tunnel toward the door to a, to check it out, (search for traps/lock) **
** (4311) Agatha grins. "Well let's try not to find out." **
(4361) Kha: "Shall we go ask?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [1,16] = (17)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [5,16] = (21)
** (4361) Kha pauses like he is gona go back to the door they just passed **
(4361) Kha: "Mmmm, Naw Guess not today"
(4319) DM: The snoring continues...
** (4361) Kha continues on to the next door and waits while Git does his thing **
(4373) Ivellos (exit): 23:21
(4294) Git: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [2,10] = (12)
** (4333) Vrondard guards and opens it when instructed **
** (4294) Git grumbles as he continues to fiddle with the lock **
** (4361) Kha taps his foot then starts back tword the first door pausing infront of it and listening closly trying to determin if there is more then one thing in there **
(4294) Git: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [10,10] = (20)
whispering to Kha, need a node from you
(4361) Kha has sent you a tree node...
** (4294) Git gives a geture to ready, pulling a dagger before pushing the door open and hopping to one side. (Assuming done means open) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28)
(4324) Norfirion: AFK for a bit, dinner time
(4319) TaliesinNYC: a: This room appears to be empty.

There is a pair of closed wooden double doors on the other side of the chamber.

** (4333) Vrondard moves over to the doors... taking a guarded position 10' away **
(4319) TaliesinNYC: b: The sound of rushing water is very loud here. The cavern is hexagonal, but the only floor is a narrow bridge with metal rails on either side. There is a troll on the far side of the bridge, snoring.
** (4311) Agatha stands beside Git. "Well that's all very grand. Do you think there's an alarm somewhere?" **
** (4294) Git moves in cautiously, taking a sweeping looks of the room and listen for anything hidden before heading to the next door, making a strange point not to got through the center of the room. **
(4319) DM: scratch that description lol
(4294) Git: "Dunno"
(4319) DM: (apparently text boxes can't be sent to a whisper. so you didn't see the description for room b)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [8,16] = (24)
(4294) Git: (I get the strange feeling that Kha's playing with that door)
** (4294) Git moves across the room to the next doors and goes to work (you know the routine) **
(4319) DM: The snoring ceases suddenly.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [14,16] = (30)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [1,16] = (17)
** (4311) Agatha turns back toward the other door. "Uh oh." **
** (4294) Git glances back toward the others. "I'm guessing Uh oh isn't a good thing." **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [9,2] = (11)
(4333) Vrondard: "hmmm sleepy woke up"
(4294) Git: "Where's Kha?"
** (4311) Agatha tries to keep her voice low and not move. "The snoring stopped." **
(4311) Agatha: "Hopefully not presenting himself as the appetizer."
** (4294) Git groans as he heads back down the hall toward B, "Do we have to tie a leash to the bastard?" **
(4319) DM: (not with the party)
(4319) DM: You can hear sounds of combat...
(4333) Vrondard: "well lets get at it..." he moves with haste to the sounds of battle
** (4294) Git starts running.bearing the dagger in his teeth and readying bow and arrow as he approached the door (move silent for a sneak?) **
(4319) TaliesinNYC: b: The sound of rushing water is very loud here. The cavern is hexagonal, but the only floor is a narrow bridge with metal rails on either side. There is a troll on the far side of the bridge, snoring.
(4319) DM: I need people to roll init. Kha is facing a charging troll.
(4294) Git: [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14)
(4333) Vrondard: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
** (4311) Agatha tries to follow as quietly as she can, axe in hand. **
(4311) Agatha: [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
(4294) Git: (the charging snoring troll)
(4319) DM: (I meant to edit the description before sending the text to the room. what it should have said was a charging troll headed directly towards Kha, who's planted his spear on the floor, bracing for impact)
(4333) Vrondard: ((ha i finally get to see the spear set for a charge in action... excellent))
(4294) Git: (no dif. so in position to surprise and sneak?)
(4319) DM: (nope, as its in front of you)
(4294) Git: (I'm shooting, bow, have 30')
(4319) DM: (see the image above. Kha is at position X)
(4319) DM: The troll is headed from the door)
(4319) DM: you will arrive at position X
(4294) Git: (ah)
(4319) DM: (you will have less than 20' by the time the troll gets to Kha)
(4319) DM: The bridge is 20' wide by 80' long.
(4319) DM: so...(21, Kha)
** (4361) Kha kneels down and readies his spear for the charge of the Troll toHit: [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13) ===> DMG: [4d12+8] -> [10,11,5,1,8] = (35) **
(4319) DM: (13 misses, btw)
(4319) DM: (14, Git)
(4361) Kha: (It has +2 since it is charging, but guessing 15 misses too)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
(4294) Git: (don't you mean ag, 16?)
(4319) DM: (sorry. yes.)
(4333) Vrondard: ((i go before Git... and Ag goes before me it seems))
(4333) Vrondard: ((im sure that Git and Co. have realized that its better to follow Vron into battle rather than lead the charge themselves))
(4333) Vrondard: ((though I'm sure Aggie hasn't...))
** (4361) Kha at the last second his spear slips to an aquard angle and he is unable to recover intim to impail the charging troll **
(4294) Git: (quite true)
** (4311) Agatha rushes forward to assist Git. **
(4311) Agatha: ((kha, I mean. speed of 40' enough to get there and attack?"
(4361) Kha: "Darn , guess I should have dride the butt of the spear off first"
(4319) DM: ((yes))
(4311) Agatha: "Rarrrragh!"
(4311) Agatha: [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28)
(4311) Agatha: [1d20+8] -> [13,8] = (21)
(4319) DM: (now those were hits)
(4385) Arelius (enter): 23:46
(4311) Agatha: ((Sweet!!!)
(4361) Kha: (Nice crit, now make it explode like Vrond did :) )
(4311) Agatha: [(1d12+6)*3] -> 21
(4385) Arelius (exit): 23:47
(4319) DM: It merely licks its lips, and looks dumbly at Agatha as she slashes into its flanks, dropping the club and thrashing its arms.
(4311) Agatha: "Oh shite."
(4319) DM: (seriously wounded)
(4319) DM: (15, Vron)
** (4333) Vrondard charges in as well **
(4333) Vrondard: (well moves in... probably cant charge)
(4333) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+4+4+1+1] -> [16,4,4,1,1] = (26) Critical on Natural 20
(4333) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [9,4,1] = (14) damage
(4319) DM: (yep)
(4319) DM: (seriously wounded)
(4333) Vrondard: "take that ya bugger"
(4319) DM: (14, Git)
(4311) Agatha: "Kha, what the hell did ya do?"
** (4294) Git moves in behind Kha and fires for over his comrades at the head of the creature **
(4294) Git: Shortbow(into melee) Attack Roll: [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)===> DMG: [1d6+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
** (4319) Halthala looks desparately around as if trying to find a way to aim at the troll through the melee.... **
(4319) DM: (nope)
(4294) Git: (unless of course that's an impossibility...)
(4294) Git: (.... attack stand?)
(4319) DM: (14 missed.)
(4319) DM: (11, the troll.)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] -> [14,12] = (26),[1d20+12] -> [5,12] = (17)[1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
(4319) DM: (on Agatha)
(4319) DM: (claw, claw, bite)
(4319) DM: As the creature slams into Agatha, it seems preternaturally stronger, as if augmented by something. (AC 26, AC 17, AC 16)
(4319) DM: It seems to have a darkish tinge to its skin.
(4319) DM: (one claw hits)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+6] -> [1,8] = (9)
(4311) Agatha: ((That it does. DMG?))
whispering to Agatha, take 9
(4319) DM: ((I'm rolling really low.))
(4319) DM: (21, Kha)
(4294) Git: (good, we deserve the luch for a change)
** (4311) Agatha lets out a small yell as the troll cuts in with its claws **
** (4361) Kha spins up from his kneeling position attempting to impail the troll on the way up **
(4361) Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28)===> DMG: [2d12+4] -> [11,7,4] = (22)
(4361) Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [9,8] = (17)===> DMG: [2d12+4] -> [4,11,4] = (19)
(4361) Kha: (If 17 hits it is a crit for [22+19] -> 41 dmg)
(4311) Agatha: "Gah! Is that all you've got, ya blighter?
(4319) DM: (17 misses)
(4361) Kha: (ok 22 dmg then)
(4319) DM: (critically wounded)
(4319) DM: (16, Agatha)
(4361) Kha: "Sorry I couldnt resist the snoring. but it ended up being an illusion"
(4294) Git: "Don't worry... we understand your shortcomings."
** (4311) Agatha retaliates with a swing at the creature's jaw **
(4311) Agatha: [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20)
(4311) Agatha: [1d12+6] -> [10,6] = (16) DMG if it hits
(4319) DM: (damage?)
(4319) DM: The troll appears to drop. Almost immediately, its wounds begin to knit themselves up.
** (4319) Halthala sighs with relief. **
** (4361) Kha pulls out his dagger and consen trates on it **
** (4361) Kha Consentrates on his dagger for a moment **
(4311) Agatha: "Shite! It's fixing itself! Finish it off!"
** (4361) Kha touches the dagger to the troll **
(4319) DM: It opens its eyes and begins to rise...
(4294) Git: (wow, that was fast)
(4319) DM: (it was at 11. 11-16 =-5 and it has regen 5)
(4319) DM: (or something like that)
(4333) Vrondard: ((well then it wasnt down then))
(4319) DM: But at the moment that Kha touches the dagger to the troll, it collapses with the stench of burned flesh in the air.
(4294) Git: "Well... that was interesting."
(4361) Kha: "Not so hard realy"
(4333) Vrondard: "freaky thing..."
** (4361) Kha hand the dagger hild first to Git **
** (4294) Git moves in the room, stepping over the troll and looking behind it for wet footprints on the floor **
(4361) Kha: "You might wana use this for a while, it is blessed with fire"
** (4294) Git takes the dagger. "Um.... thank you." **
(4311) Agatha: "Hmph. Maybe not, but it still tood a good cut at me. What in the world were you doing?"
(4333) Vrondard: "alright who's fault was that"
(4361) Kha: "mine"
(4361) Kha: "Oneiros, The Lord of Fate, I beg of you, plead with Teleute that these wounds not be fatal."
(4361) Kha: ((Gain [1d8+1] -> [2,1] = (3)HP))
** (4361) Kha touches Agatha gently on the sholder **
(4361) Kha: "So what was at the other door?"
(4311) Agatha: "Aah, well that does feel a little better."
** (4311) Agatha feels the wound. "That's gonna leave a nasty scar." **
(4294) Git: "Another door. An unlocked one, with some perty amethyste handles. Looks like our boy may have come this way though." :kneeling down near door 2: "Footprints lead thisaway"
(4333) Vrondard: "nothing much.. let's see what this snoozer was guarding"
(4361) Kha: "I cant do much more for you right now."
(4361) Kha: "Want to check the other door first or this way first?"
(4361) Kha: ((AFK Bio break)
(4311) Agatha: "Bah, dun worry yerself. I'm made of tougher stuff than that."
(4361) Kha: ((Back))
(4294) Git: "Well, we don't want to fall behind, it's more time to set traps against us."
(4319) DM: Stone steps lead down to a landing and then turn to another flight, leading further down. The roar of the river below you drowns out most noise.
(4311) Agatha: "Kha, what the hell were ya thinkin', waking up a bloomin' troll."
(4294) Git: (brb)
(4361) Kha: "I didnt wake it up, the sound was an illusion, so was the image of the sleeping troll I saw when I snuck though the door"
** (4311) Agatha raises an eyebrow. **
(4361) Kha: "It just vanished when I got a few feet in"
(4361) Kha: "And the real troll appeared in a diffrent spot charging at me"
(4311) Agatha: "Clever little buggers, aren't they?"
(4333) Vrondard: "ha I was going to say... that was the biggest illusion I ever saw"
(4361) Kha: "I doubt it was the trolls handy work"
(4333) Vrondard: "and I'm sure Aggie would have told you it didn't feel like no illusion"
(4311) Agatha: "We'll have to keep a sharper eye out for nasty tricks like that."
(4333) Vrondard: ((he continues leading the party forward))
(4311) Agatha: "Aye, I'll have the scar to show for it."
(4361) Kha: "Well down the stairs or back to the other door?"
** (4294) Git follows vronard. "Down it would seem **
(4361) Kha: "I would vote back, like to check everything on a floor before moving on, so as to not leave monsters at your back side"
** (4361) Kha shugs and follow **
(4319) DM: The stairs lead to a closed door.
(4319) DM: (#4)
** (4294) Git moves to do his works on the door(search/check lock) **
** (4311) Agatha focuses as she listens for trouble. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [20,16] = (36),[1d20+16] -> [13,16] = (29),[1d20+16] -> [8,16] = (24)
** (4333) Vrondard guards Git as usual... (I mean someone has to look out for his best interest and that certainly isn't Git) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [1,9] = (10)
(4294) Git: :Whispers back: "There's chanting on the other side"
whispering to Agatha, you hear nothing
** (4294) Git tries to peek through the keyhole **
** (4361) Kha slips into a defencive stance and readies his spear **
(4311) Agatha: "Lovely."
(4311) Agatha: "Shall we make a nuisance of ourselves?
(4294) Git: :Whispers: "He's facing the other way, but, I doubt that'll last."
(4390) Elrik (enter): 00:22
(4333) Vrondard: "lets go an blow it up... can't be good... can it?"
** (4311) Agatha whispers back. "Then what's our plan?" **
(4391) Lightfaith (enter): 00:23
(4391) Lightfaith (exit): 00:23
(4294) Git: "I dunno. Dunno even know what he's chanting about. Could be putting a trap on the door as we speak"
(4333) Vrondard: "bust in and start whackin..."
(4333) Vrondard: "come on stop wastin time... longer we wait the more that happens... and I don't think that's good"
** (4361) Kha sits quietly having already dont his miscife for the moment **
(4333) Vrondard: "they ain't chantin my name in dere"
** (4294) Git steps back up the steps a bit, readies his bow and nods to Vronard, "If you insist. Just let me take a shot to shut him up first, kay? Mind opening the door for me?" **
** (4294) Git readies to fire the moment the armored man comes into view. (hoping to catch him flatfooted) **
** (4361) Kha whispers to Halthala "Ready your bow as well" **
** (4319) Halthala readies her weapon **
** (4333) Vrondard opens the door **
** (4311) Agatha adjusts her grip, anxious. **
** (4294) Git fires the moment he sees black armor guy **
(4294) Git: Shortbow(sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+7] -> [20,7] = (27)===> DMG: [1d6+2d6+0] -> [2,4,4,0] = (10)
(4294) Git: Shortbow(sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10)===> DMG: [1d6+2d6+0] -> [5,5,2,0] = (12)
(4319) TaliesinNYC: 5: As you open the door, you see a stone dock overlooking rapids along this dark underground river. A figure in gleaming black armor performing an intricate incantation in the middle of the stone platform. It's not facing you. It's hands are bone white, as it gestures through the air.
(4319) DM: It has ebony black hair and fish white, pale skin.
(4319) DM: (27 hits)
(4294) Git: (ignore sneak damage if that hits without a surprise)
(4319) DM: The arrow flies through the figure, and plops into the water on the far side of the cavern. The figure continues gesticulating and chanting.
(4319) DM: It doesn't seem to have noticed you....
(4333) Vrondard: "durn more water..."
(4311) Agatha: "That ain't good."
** (4294) Git raises a brow. "Ummmm..." **
(4361) Kha: "Ghoast?"
(4294) Git: Will save: [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18)
(4319) DM: It turns, and you see it has no eyes.
** (4319) Halthala screams and faints. **
** (4311) Agatha focuses on the image to make sure it isn't an illusion. **
** (4361) Kha looks over at Halth **
(4311) Agatha: "Oh gods. The elf wasn't kidding around."
whispering to Agatha, will save
(4361) Kha: "Oneiros, The Destined One, send Potmos to protect me."
(4361) Kha:

The group now has Oneiros` blessing


(4311) Agatha: [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
(4361) Kha: (+1 to atk and Save vs Fear)
whispering to Agatha, its an illusion
** (4311) Agatha eyes go wide. **
(4311) Agatha: "Save your arrows! It's an illusion!"
** (4311) Agatha looks around frantically for the real thing. **
** (4361) Kha jump "Ahh" **
(4361) Kha: "Its right here"
(4319) DM: As soon as Kha completes his spell, the creature that you see at location 5 suddenly appears to step out of the shadows at location 3 and slices into Kha. The image of the eyeless figure vanishes.
(4319) DM: (init)
(4361) Kha: [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
** (4294) Git glances back toward kha **
(4294) Git: [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
(4311) Agatha: "Gods damn. Kha!"
(4333) Vrondard: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [9,6] = (15)
(4311) Agatha: [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
(4333) Vrondard: "what the heckfire was that"
(4319) DM: Git?
(4294) Git: (how wide is this stairway?)
(4319) DM: (10')
(4311) Agatha: "That's the trouble we were looking for! Everyone stay close! Backs together!"
(4319) DM: (so to be clear, since we won't be using another map, the party is on the flight of stairs near location 4, the eyeless figure is at location 3 and attacking Kha. the stairs are 10' wide and ascend/descend at a 30 degree incline.)
(4319) DM: The figure advances, bearing a longsword that radiates an impenetrable darkness, almost as if it were a slice of the night sky.
(4294) Git: (is he flush to the wall or is there room behind him?)
(4319) DM: It is truly a figure out of nightmare. Greasy, stringy black hair, pale fish-belly white skin, no eyes or even any indentation of where its eyes would be. Muscular, well-formed human in form fitting black plate armor that moves with a sinuous grace. Not flush, room.
(4319) DM: (21, Vrondard)
** (4333) Vrondard moves to Kha's position and attacks in a rage (if that seems available which it does) "I'll bloomin cut yer head off you freaky thing" **
(4333) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (rage/charge/flank):
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+4+4+1+1+2] -> [15,4,4,1,1,2] = (27) Critical on Natural 20
(4333) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Raging Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+6+1] -> [1,6,1] = (8) damage
(4319) DM: (yes, damage?)
(4319) DM: k
(4333) Vrondard: (dodge on it)
(4319) DM: (minor wounds)
(4319) DM: (19, Kha)
** (4361) Kha takes a moment and whispers to Vonatros "Will healing it hurt it like I had to do in the dream world?" **
(4333) Vrondard: .
** (4361) Kha Consentrates a moment and draws power threw Vontaros into himself **
** (4361) Kha rests his hands on you for a second and you feel a slight cold brush over you. {Turn [3d8+2] -> [2,1,7,2] = (12) DMG to Subdual} **
(4333) Vrondard: .
(4319) DM: (lightly wounded.) (16, Ag)
(4319) DM: (Agatha?)
** (4311) Agatha charges forward and leaps at the abomination. **
(4311) Agatha: [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23)
(4319) DM: (you're aware that the stairs are 10' wide?)
(4311) Agatha: ((so I can't move past Kha and Vron?))
(4333) Vrondard: ((so no room to attack melee unless you overrun and make the rolls))
(4319) DM: (precisely)
(4333) Vrondard: ((or you tumble... : )))
(4311) Agatha: ((great.))
** (4311) Agatha covers her comrades backs. **
(4311) Agatha: "There's no room to fight here! Pull back!"
(4319) DM: The figure advances. (All make a Will save pls)
(4294) Git: Will save: [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
(4361) Kha: Will save: [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22)
(4311) Agatha: [1d20+5+1] -> [1,5,1] = (7)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [4] = (4)
(4333) Vrondard: Will vs. Magic Spells/Spell-like: Save [1d20+1+0+2] -> [9,1,0,2] = (12)
(4361) Kha: (All are +1 vs fear)
(4333) Vrondard: (14)
(4333) Vrondard: (15)
(4294) Git: "Agreed Aggy. Shall we adjourn to the back room?" :gestures toward room 5:
(4311) Agatha: ((I counted the blessing into my roll))
whispering to Agatha, -2 to attack, damage and saves
(4294) Git: (I didn't, 23 if it's a fear spell)
(4319) DM: (not a spell.)
(4319) DM: The figure slashes at Kha viciously.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [12,13] = (25),[1d20+9] -> [5,9] = (14)
** (4311) Agatha is sticken by the presence of this unholy creature. **
** (4333) Vrondard blanches a bit... **
(4319) DM: (one hit (AC 25) and one miss (AC 14))
(4294) Git: (halthala concious?)
(4361) Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+8] -> [19,8] = (27)
(4319) DM: (she's unconscious but breathing)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
(4319) DM: On the downstroke of its first strike against Kha, the sword sends forth a festering cloud to threatened to bind itself to Kha, but was resisted.
(4319) DM: (7, Git)
(4311) Agatha: "Kha, get back! Git, get the elves into the back room!"
(4294) Git: "I hate this guy already." :grabs up Halthala and heads down into room 5:
** (4361) Kha winces in pain as the sword grazes his sholder **
(4319) DM: (21, Vron)
** (4333) Vrondard moves around it 5' providing another attacking location (or tries to) "Come on Aggie... lets get on it.. Git whater ya leaving fer?" **
(4372) Boltt (exit): 01:00
(4333) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (rage&shaken):
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+4+4+1+1+2-2] -> [3,4,4,1,1,2,-2] = (13) Critical on Natural 20
(4319) DM: (nope)
(4333) Vrondard: (0000000k)
(4319) DM: (19., Kha)
** (4311) Agatha is truly afraid for first time in a long while. **
(4294) Git: :to Aggy: "You didn't really expect them to listen did you?"
** (4361) Kha takes a 5' step(if required to flank with Vrond) before attacking **
(4361) Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [2,10] = (12)===> DMG: [2d12+4] -> [7,5,4] = (16)
(4319) DM: (not required but you could if you wanted to. there's not a lot of room.)
(4319) DM: (12 misses)
(4361) Kha: (umm guess I miss :P)
(4319) DM: (16, Ag)
(4311) Agatha: ((Is there room for me now?))
(4319) DM: (yes)
(4333) Vrondard: ((i believe so))
** (4311) Agatha lets her fear turn into anger. She rages to defend her comrades. **
(4319) DM: (see above. Vron is at 1, Ag is at 2, Kha is at 3)
(4390) Elrik (exit): 01:03
(4319) DM: (eyeless figure is at position X)
(4311) Agatha: [1d20+8] -> [3,8] = (11)
(4333) Vrondard: ((see left...))
(4333) Vrondard: ((buncha swinging dixies right now))
(4319) DM: The figure presses its attack on Kha, ignoring the others.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [6,13] = (19),[1d20+9] -> [15,9] = (24)
(4324) Norfirion: (back, sorry about that, grandparents came over unexpectantly, love when that happens)
(4319) DM: (one miss and one hit (AC 24))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
(4311) Agatha: ((np, but we need assistance NOW))
(4361) Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [6] = (6)
** (4361) Kha groans and starts to pale **
(4319) DM: (Norf, the party is at location 4, except for Kha, Vron and Ag who are all facing the eyeless creature that Halthala spoke of earlier. All 3 PCs are at location 3)
(4324) Norfirion: (should i roll init, or do i just act last?)
(4319) DM: (it is round 3 of the combat thus far, roll init pls)
(4324) Norfirion: Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
(4319) DM: (go now.)
** (4324) Norfirion moves into area 3 hoping to get a glance of the eyeless horror. **
(4319) DM: (Will save, Norf)
(4324) Norfirion: (is it at the top of the stairwell? where are the others positioned around it?)
(4333) Vrondard: ((presently can't attack otehr than with a reach weapon at this point))
(4324) Norfirion: Saves: Will: [1d20+5+0] -> [20,5,0] = (25)
(4319) DM: (see the diagram to the left of the map)
(4333) Vrondard: ((look just left of the blue 3))
(4324) Norfirion: ((oh doh sorry missed that))
(4333) Vrondard: (1= vron 2 aggie 3 Kha.... X is mr eyeless sword of night swinging bad guy)
(4324) Norfirion: ((So no clear shot then with the slope of the steps and other PCs in the way?))
(4311) Agatha: ((yup.))
(4319) DM: (yes)
(4333) Vrondard: ((better put.... correct))
(4324) Norfirion: ('ll cast true strike on myself and hold for now)
(4294) Git: (unless aggy and vronard shift over, or kha withdraws)
** (4324) Norfirion voice can be heard down the stairs in the throes of a spell. **
(4324) Norfirion: "I'm coming guys, hold on!"
(4324) Norfirion: ((done for me for this rnd))
(4319) DM: (7, Git)
** (4294) Git lays Halthala down in room five then runs back in and up the stares,getting ready to rush in next round. "Kha, think you should back off maybe?" **
(4319) DM: (21, Vron)
** (4333) Vrondard gets into a flanking position with Kha into the corner.. and swings "har got you surrounded now" **
(4333) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (rage, flank &shaken):
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+4+4+1+1+2+2-2] -> [9,4,4,1,1,2,2,-2] = (21) Critical on Natural 20
(4333) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Raging Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+6+1-2] -> [9,6,1,-2] = (14) damage
(4319) DM: (seriously wounded)
(4319) DM: (19, Kha)
** (4361) Kha makes a quick attack then takes a 5' step back to the right (To be inline next to Ag) **
(4361) Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [14,10] = (24)===> DMG: [2d12+4] -> [5,3,4] = (12)
(4319) DM: (k)
(4387) Sunkar (enter): 01:17
(4319) DM: (seriously wounded)
(4319) DM: (16, Ag)
(4402) Talos (enter): 01:17
(4333) Vrondard: ((im smellin it))
** (4311) Agatha rages on, adjusting herself to thrash the demon against the wall. **
(4311) Agatha: [1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16)
(4311) Agatha: ((crud, will that hit?))
(4402) Talos (exit): 01:19
** (4294) Git weaken first then kill. **
(4294) Git: (ignore that)
(4387) Sunkar (exit): 01:20
(4319) DM: (16 misses)
(4319) DM: (15, Norf)
(4387) Sunkar (enter): 01:22
** (4324) Norfirion extends his hand and releases a dark ray of energy that speeds towards the eyeless figure in hopes of draining away its unatural strength. Ranged Touch Attack [1d20+4+16] -> [7,4,16] = (27) **
(4324) Norfirion: (ray of enfeeblement, [1d6+2] -> [1,2] = (3) Str damage)
(4387) Sunkar (exit): 01:23
(4319) DM: k
(4319) DM: (15, the creature)
(4319) DM: It continues to press its attack on Kha, heedless of the others. (AOO by Vron and Ag)
(4311) Agatha: [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18)
(4319) DM: (18 misses)
(4333) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (rage&shaken):
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+4+4+1+1+2-2] -> [16,4,4,1,1,2,-2] = (26) Critical on Natural 20
(4311) Agatha: "Why...won't...you...DIE?!"
(4319) DM: (yes that's a hit all right lol)
(4333) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Raging Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+6+1-2] -> [4,6,1,-2] = (9) damage
(4319) DM: (seriously wounded)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [19,13] = (32)
(4319) DM: (AC 32 on Kha)
(4319) DM: (threat)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [11,13] = (24)
(4319) DM: (not a crit)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
(4361) Kha: (Good :P)
(4361) Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
(4333) Vrondard: (doh!)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6]
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [6] = (6)
(4333) Vrondard: (oh we were all supposed to add +1 to the attack from the bless weren't we)
(4319) DM: The creature steps back from Kha and begins to meld into the shadows of the chamber. (AOO by Ag and Kha)
(4311) Agatha: ((oh crap, I forgot about that!))
(4333) Vrondard: ((hasn't changed any of my attacks however))
whispering to Agatha, the shaken feeling passes
(4311) Agatha: [1d20+11] -> [13,11] = (24)
(4361) Kha: Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [7,8] = (15)===> DMG: [2d12+4] -> [4,8,4] = (16)
(4319) DM: no AOO by Ag, sorry.
(4319) DM: (15 misses)
(4294) Git: (do I get one then? should be right next to Kha)
(4311) Agatha: ((Right, I already used mine.))\
(4319) DM: (k)
(4294) Git: Dagger(flamey) Attack Roll: [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)===> DMG: [1d6+1+1d8+4+0] -> [6,1,5,4,0] = (16)
(4319) DM: (15 misses)
(4333) Vrondard: (git is #4)
(4319) DM: The creature vanishes into the shadows.
(4294) Git: (awww)
(4333) Vrondard: "stick it!"
** (4361) Kha colapses to the cround extramly sick **
(4333) Vrondard: "what's wrong with yer..." he complains
(4311) Agatha: "Kha, get out now!"
** (4294) Git glances down at kha, but his attention stays on the shadows, watching for another strike **
(4324) Norfirion: "Yes, Kha please, you're injured. It isn't worth wasting your life over."
** (4311) Agatha looks around furiously in search of her target. **
(4294) Git: "I guess this guy had his reasons not to be concerned over us."
(4406) Sunkar (enter): 01:33
(4333) Vrondard: "aint no place to hide that thing cept fer being under the sun"
(4333) Vrondard: (from that...)
** (4361) Kha stands amd moves tup the stairs a bit and leans against the wall to catch his breath **
** (4333) Vrondard readies an attack at it should it appear... following Kha **
** (4294) Git cautiously heads down the stairs to make sure that Halthala is safe. **
** (4324) Norfirion moves up the stairs and kneels down in front of Kha. **
(4361) Kha: "Oneiros, Lord Shaper, I call apon your aspect Epithumia to grant that which I desire."
** (4361) Kha 's ring is suddenly glowing **
(4324) Norfirion: "Are you alright?"
(4333) Vrondard: "whats that mean Kha?"
** (4361) Kha hosd his hand up to keep any shadows at a distance **
(4333) Vrondard: "the thingy is glowin"
** (4311) Agatha guards Kha, almost afraid and agry enough to attack the walls. **
(4333) Vrondard: "that mean evil is near... gotta get me one o' them"
(4333) Vrondard: "just show yer face... ya shadow coward..."
(4333) Vrondard: "I aint scared o' you no more"
** (4294) Git gives a sigh as he stares through the door, speaking within, "Well, interesting to see you here." **
(4319) Basht: Mrr. There now, drink this and you shall be healed anew.
** (4361) Kha looks around **
(4319) Basht: (to Halthala)
(4333) Vrondard: "I mean I was never scared o' you... ya freaky thing"
** (4324) Norfirion begins chanting and moving his hands, afterwards he concentrates and scans the shadows and the corridor for any trace signs of magical residue. (ie Detect Magic) **
** (4333) Vrondard quickly re-writes history **
** (4319) Basht glances up at Git **
(4324) Norfirion: "Hmm I think its gone for now. I don't detect any presence of magic."
(4361) Kha: "It can use the shadows to travel, so this light should prevent it from appearing within 20 feet of us"
(4319) Basht: You should not be surprised, as I foretold that you would meet me again.
** (4294) Git cocks his head askew to take her in, "Should've figured that would mean you'd be following" **
(4361) Kha: "Who are you?"
(4319) Basht: In the city of leaves, you will face a question, the better to behold the might and wonder of Ra, the Ever Living. Or did you forget that?
** (4319) Basht rises and faces Git with her almond cat's eyes. **
(4294) Git: "Forget... I didn't even listen when you said it."
(4361) Kha: "You sound like that Mace"
** (4319) Basht chuckles softly. **
(4406) Sunkar (exit): 01:39
(4319) Basht: You see what ignoring your ka-tet has gotten you.
(4361) Kha: "I heard it talk about something, but the others refused to explain and it would not answer my questions"
(4294) Git: "I don't have a cat" o.0
** (4319) Basht turns and faces Kha. **
(4333) Vrondard: "are we in the city of leaves... twould think I was in the city of droplets"
(4319) Basht: Come out into the open so I can see you better, you who follow He Who Is Veiled.
(4361) Kha: "Vanatros here" **Points to his spear** "Said it was a servern of Ra and seemd to want a prophacy fufilled"
(4324) Norfirion: "If we ever have some time to rest for several days, I'll pen some scrolls to be better prepared for situations like these."
** (4294) Git strolls in past cat lady and takes a good look around room 5 **
** (4319) Basht looks at Kha **
** (4361) Kha steps twor tBasht **
(4319) DM: This is a stone dock that overlooks rapids on an underground river.
(4311) Agatha: "Basht, do you have anything to do with that...thing?
(4294) Git: "Wonder if he was expecting a boat"
(4319) Basht: You were beset by a creature of Shadow, a minion of a darkness even darker than one of Seti's minions.
(4361) Kha: "I am willing to fuffill this prophacy as long as it does not serve Sai`Tan(sp), which is the god of the creature we were just fighting"
(4324) Norfirion: "Here Git, I've been holding this for some time, but maybe you can make better use of it. It seems to fit your style."
(4408) Evil Joe (enter): 01:43
(4361) Kha: "I know what it was and who it's master is. a god that does not belong here"
** (4319) Basht smiles slyly. "And will your friends help you?" **
** (4324) Norfirion rumages through his pouch and withdraws a vial containing poison collected from the previous encounter with the giant scropion. **
(4333) Vrondard: "oy.. more water"
** (4361) Kha looks around at his friends **
(4294) Git: "What's that now?" :to norf:
(4408) Evil Joe (exit): 01:44
(4324) Norfirion: "Poison, for your dagger, or whatnot. I was saving it for my bolt, but you could use it more than I."
(4294) Git: "Gee... no one's ever given me poison before. At least never handed it to me and said this is poison for you. Um... thanks."
(4361) Kha: "Firends I would not compleatly call them, though I do not doubt their skill or loyalty to the crown of Waylun(sp). I am not positive they would willingly embark on the path of a prophacy. they critisiz me for seaking out prophacy"
** (4294) Git tucks the flask away in his pocket and pats Norf on his shoulder **
(4324) Norfirion: "Just make sure the pointed in goes in the opponent, not one of us by accident."
(4324) Norfirion: "You
(4324) Norfirion: "You're welcome, that is."
** (4319) Basht nods, satisfied with Kha's answer. **
(4294) Git: "Yeah, yeah, I-" looks to Kha "Damn, he's not starting with that prophecy crap again is he?"
(4333) Vrondard: "sounds like it"
(4324) Norfirion: "As much as it troubles me, prophecy is a power thing indeed."
(4311) Agatha: "What did you expect?"
(4361) Kha: "Git Prophacy is the meathod the gods use to improve our world, even Seti"
(4294) Git: "No... prophecy is a powerful SUGGESTION. Nothing can be certain or else what's the point of living?"
(4311) Agatha: "But this cat is awfully persistant. Perhaps we should consider it."
(4324) Norfirion: "And is always for the worse it seems, all of the events in my life that I wish I could change, were laid out for me in the starts to see, but I failed to grasp their meaning. It isnt something I should do again."
(4319) Basht: Very well, I shall come once more to you. There is a weaving that has been set in motion and one that needs answers. You have it in yourselves to help that weaving or hinder it. Become the heroes you are meant to be or fail in your ka-tet. This kingdom you see around you will be for naught in one year's time if you continue to deny your ka-tet. So has it been spoken, but not by my tongue. Mrr.
(4361) Kha: "You are correct Git, it is a sugjestion that the gods make to use. This sugjestion is ment to in the end improve our world"
(4294) Git: "You forget there are dark gods with dark suggestions. Not all are meant to improve."
** (4361) Kha sits down making sure the light of his righ keeps all the shadows at a distance **
(4333) Vrondard: "gar all this startin to hurt me head"
** (4294) Git walks off to check if Halthala's awake yet **
(4324) Norfirion: "The kingdom is something I hold no allegience to, but if doing nothing means more innocents are to come to harm, then I must act, regardless. You have my support."
(4361) Kha: "Even Seti, which as you say is a dark god seeks to improve this world"
(4361) Kha: "Just because you do not agree with his improvements does not mean they are not"
(4333) Vrondard: "just tell me who to bust up.. hopefully that will be heroic enough for Kha's tit... like I want to look at that anyway"
** (4361) Kha laughs at Vrondards pun **
** (4319) Halthala mumbles in her sleep **
(4294) Git: "People would get by just fine without the gods "improvements'. It's the petty and weak minded who need such herding methods to lead their lives."
(4361) Kha: "Git you hold no aligens to any of the gods correct?"
(4294) Git: "Not that I'm aware of. THough I have to say that Basht has a nice frame on her."
** (4319) Basht smiles, and transforms into an orange tabby, and scampers up the stairs. **
** (4311) Agatha sighs. "This kingdom is really going down the pot in just a year?" **
(4361) Kha: 'Ok, you hold no one god in favor, but you dislike the dark gods correct?"
(4324) Norfirion: "I will only be satisfied when I find the power to restore my loved ones, or to put their souls to rest. Until that time I'll do what I must to help, and hopefully with my deeds I'll grow stronger, until the day I am able to master such magics, even if it means my own destruction."
** (4294) Git mumbles under his breath, "I wait with bated breath." With a sigh he turns back to Kha, "I'm not particuarly keen on any of them:" **
** (4324) Norfirion approaches Git. "I share your feelings of doubt my friend, but think of your child. If things come to bear and this land falls into darkness, think of what it will mean for her, and the others you do care about." **
** (4319) Halthala comes slowly awake, and sees you all around her. **
(4333) Vrondard: "hmm that explains why you fight like such a sissy... Krauchar dissapproves!"
(4311) Agatha: "Are you alright, lass?"
(4361) Kha: "Ok, You may like to know that all of the gods agree on one thing right now. Shai`Tan does not belong here, Dark , Light, and Indiffrent. All of them. So if this prophacy Ra is asking us to compleat will help remove Shai`Tan then I will do everything in my power to fufill it."
(4333) Vrondard: "maybe you just need the right kind of axe Git"
** (4294) Git chews his lip as he listens to the others. Letting his head roll back, he lets out a weary sigh. "Are we ready to head for the portal now?" **
** (4324) Norfirion continues talking with Git. "At the least think of all the trinkets and treasure you'll find along the way. Prophecy is always laden full of priceless goods." **
(4361) Kha: "If you know anything about the gods you know Ra is not one of the dark gods. And even if it were Seti asking this at this time I would not hesitate to assist."
(4333) Vrondard: "of we dpm
(4311) Agatha: "Halthalia, are you all right?"
(4333) Vrondard: "if we don't have anything else to do ... yeah"
** (4361) Kha leans back having said all he could to convince Git and any others that this must be done **
** (4319) Halthala nods wordlessly. "I feel ready to continue and I am sorry I was unable to help." **
** (4324) Norfirion smiles and folds his arms deep into his robes as he moves slowly down the hall. Hoping to get the others moving instead of arguing. **
(4294) Git: "One thing at a time Kha. Lets finish this first before heading off to something else. If you can't even complete the missions you accept, how do you accept new and bigger ones without regret?"
(4319) DM: (45 minute warning. stopping at 2:45 tonight because I want to get a few things done on an admin basis)
** (4311) Agatha helps Halthalia up. "Don't fret, lass. I doubt there was much you coulda done." **
(4361) Kha: "We have to compleat this anyways, we have already started the prophacy in all likly hood"
** (4294) Git heads up the stares, "Of course we have. Everything's a prophecy." **
(4311) Agatha: "I'd like to say we scared it off, but it's more like the bastard got bored of us."
(4361) Kha: "This will lead us to the city of leaves where Basht will meet us again and ask for our final answer"
(4361) Kha: "I doubt either happened, It likly senced Basht's presesance and flead"
(4333) Vrondard: "it likely sensed I was going to put my axe in its head again..."
** (4294) Git watches and listens for threats as he makes his way back up to room 1 **
** (4361) Kha follows Git **
(4361) Kha: "We not going to examin the room at the bottom of the steps?"
(4294) Git: ""It's a dock, and I have no boat in my pocket"
(4319) DM: (you did. it was just a stone dock overlooking a river)
(4361) Kha: "Oh ok"
(4294) Git: "Maybe we could ask miss kitty to come back and turn into one"
** (4361) Kha keeps his ring held up and his spear rdy **
** (4324) Norfirion withdraws a scroll tube from his pack and keeps it close at hand tucked into his belt. **
** (4294) Git makes his way back toward room A. flamed dagger in hand **
(4319) TaliesinNYC: a: This room appears to be empty.

There is a pair of closed wooden double doors on the other side of the chamber.

** (4311) Agatha walks along Kha, axe ever ready. **
** (4294) Git moves to make sure the amethyste handle door hasn't been tampered with since last time **
** (4333) Vrondard takes his defensive position near Git **
(4294) Git: "Hmmm..."
** (4324) Norfirion walks over to Kha and leans close. "Are you ok? I don't mean to pry but those wounds are strange indeed. It doesnt appear to be soley physical damage. Its like your spirit has been harmed as well." **
** (4294) Git gets out his rope and loops it to the handle, moving back a distance before trying to jerk it open **
(4361) Kha: "No The wounds I sustained go much deeped then my ability to heal. It has made me very week"
(4311) Agatha: "That's why I ain't letting the lad outta my sight."
(4319) DM: The door opens easily enough...
(4324) Norfirion: "I shall see if I can come up with something to ease the symptons or pain in the least. I can offer little in the ways of therapy however."
** (4294) Git shrugs, pulls back his rope and moves in to the next room **
(4311) Agatha: "Kha, stay close. That thing is still out there."
(4361) Kha: "I need to rest, or speak with a cleric of much greater power then I. I am new in my clerical powers, having only recived the Belling of Oneiros a few days ago"
(4319) TaliesinNYC: f: Numerous paintings of banner-wielding elves and human soldiers adorn the walls of this large hexagonal chamber. A large carved white-and-black marble dais supports a crystalline coffin in the middle of this chamber. The image of a peaceful, serene dawn elf lies in state, inside the coffin. Two statues of elf maidens stand next to the far doors, two on either side of the door you entered through.
** (4324) Norfirion stands and gazes. **
(4294) Git: "Hey Hally, what's this room?"
(4324) Norfirion: "A beautiful chamber..."
** (4333) Vrondard looks for some hot dwarven maidens... most likely gets dissapointed **
(4311) Agatha: "Looks like it might be the portal room."
(4333) Vrondard: "bah"
(4324) Norfirion: "At least this person recieved a proper burial...."
** (4324) Norfirion clinches his fist in anger and shakes his head as tears roll down his eyes. **
** (4294) Git moves in beginning to examine the coffin and dais curiously **
** (4361) Kha nods as if agreeing to something **
** (4324) Norfirion walks outside of the chamber and gathers himself away from the others and then re-enters back to his normal state of mind a few minutes later. **
(4319) DM: There is a pair of closed double doors at the other end of this chamber.
** (4361) Kha comes back to himself and looks around the room **
(4333) Vrondard: "shall we continue... nothing to look at in here"
(4419) Tek (enter): 02:16
(4419) Tek (exit): 02:17
** (4294) Git shrugs and moves to check the next door for traps **
** (4324) Norfirion returns and proceeds near the crystalline coffin, where he peers inside, searching his head for any information on its occupant. **
(4311) Agatha: "Aye, let's move on."
** (4361) Kha moves next to the coffin to get a better look **
(4319) Halthala: This is the chamber of the Keeper of the sla'mori.
(4324) Norfirion: "What was her name?"
(4319) Halthala: Maeras, if memory serves correctly. He died in service to the crown of the kingdom beyond the borders of ancient Miir.
(4324) Norfirion: ((ah ok thought it was a woman))
(4319) Halthala: ...during the war that occurred thirty of your years ago.
(4324) Norfirion: "I see, it sounds familiar. I'm sure I've read of it someplace...."
(4324) Norfirion: "Rest well brethren"
(4361) Kha: "You mentioned you fought in that war did you not Norf?"
** (4324) Norfirion rubs his hands on top of the coffin and whispers in elven as he steps away. **
(4324) Norfirion: "War? I'm afraid you're mistaken."
** (4361) Kha shugs **
(4324) Norfirion: "I was here when the Kernish invasion happened years ago, maybe that is what you mean."
** (4333) Vrondard doesnt really care about this prattle **
(4361) Kha: "I just thought I remembered you mentioning a war you were ini 30 years ago or so, I might be mistaken because I was writing inmy journal at the time"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [7,16] = (23)
** (4333) Vrondard examines the columns and hte construction of the room... **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+!6]
(4333) Vrondard: (finding it more interesting)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [11,16] = (27)
(4311) Agatha: "Do you think we're safe from that demon in here?"
(4324) Norfirion: "Yes, the invasion occured during that time period. I wasn't in the war per say, but some tragic things did occur while I was in this land on my way to take the Test."
** (4294) Git gets out his picks and begins to fiddle with the door **
(4294) Git: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [4,10] = (14)
(4324) Norfirion: "Anyways, thats a tale for another time. Lets continue on."
** (4324) Norfirion follows the others and leaves the chamber behind. **
** (4311) Agatha keeps an eye on the shadows for the enemy. **
** (4333) Vrondard will be eager to leave this elven tomb (assumably) **
** (4294) Git pulls open the door to G **
(4361) Kha: "I would like to bless this place, though it will take about an hour to do so. Does anyone mind if I do?"
(4294) Git: "Looks blessed enough to me"
(4361) Kha: "If we can not wait that is fine"
(4319) Halthala: As you round the corridor, you spot a pair of marble double doors with electrum script on them.
(4311) Agatha: "Aye. It's an Elvan burial ground. Doesn't get more sacred than that."
(4324) Norfirion: "It has been done before I would imagine. It would not be polite to bring the blessings of another deity to this place. "
(4319) DM: The words read:
(4333) Vrondard: "here I'll do it for ya... blessed be me that leaves her in one peace... thanks to Krauchar the Might... done"
(4324) Norfirion: "Thats not funny your foul smelling toad, watch your tongue."
** (4361) Kha continues down the hall to the marble doors **
(4319) DM: Duty & Pride reared their noble heads
To stop the taint from so many beds
And so it came to ravage and it tore
The lives of so many in the war
And after it ravaged and after it slew
Elves came to realize what they knew
And the name was not war or somesuch
But a name that itself told so much

** (4294) Git whistles an old elven tune as he reads over the door **
(4324) Norfirion: "I wouldn't walk through the Alt-spire mocking fallen spirits of dwarven thanes. I'd expect you'd at least hold some respect for the dead."
(4361) Kha: "Vontaros how long ago did Shai`Tan come to this world?"
(4333) Vrondard: "yep... thats fer sure"
** (4294) Git scratched his chin as he reads it over. "I never was very good at riddles." **
(4421) drikx (enter): 02:29
(4294) Git: "Think we can break this door down with a god sledge?"
(4333) Vrondard: "Duty and Pride.. that mean anything in godlike elfie stuff?"
(4361) Kha: 'Sounds like it may be talking about a cival war"
(4294) Git: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18)
(4324) Norfirion: "Hmmm"
(4361) Kha: "One group of elves fighting against the others untill they realized their diffrences were not so great, but by that point it was too late"
(4319) DM: The script on the door changes.
(4319) DM: Fools fear.
Deaf men hear.
Miser's offering.

(4311) Agatha: "Whatever it means, it's over my head. I never did understand poetry.
(4294) Git: "nothing"
** (4324) Norfirion peers closely at the text and scratches his head as he ponders the meaning. **
(4361) Kha: "Unn i think i was correct because the text just changed"
(4333) Vrondard: "that sounds right Git"
(4324) Norfirion: "Foresight and wisdom were never my strong points, I'm a man of logic and reason, you could be correct on that part Kha"
(4361) Kha: "Yes that does sound correct Git"
(4311) Agatha: "What? Do they want another tribute? We already gave 'em one and the entrance to this crazy place."
(4319) DM: The text changes again...
(4361) Kha: "Well Fools fear Nothing, Deafmen hear Nothing, and Miser's offer Nothing"
(4333) Vrondard: "oy... I'll give the elves this... got a tricky lock to pick on this thing"
(4324) Norfirion: "Ahhhh yes....a riddle spell sacred to Ciriacil Nodelathael..."
(4319) DM: Made by the darker dark in ages gone by
Tennarael sired the tales did cry
In the dark out of the light of day,
They used numbers to keep the light at bay.

(4324) Norfirion: "Hmmm...its meaning I'm still uncertain. But I know of its origin and purpose."
(4421) drikx (exit): 02:36
(4294) Git: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, wonder which number it's looking for"
** (4324) Norfirion utters a prayer in elven to his goddess. **
(4333) Vrondard: "keep sayin em then"
(4294) Git: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
** (4333) Vrondard scratches his head **
(4361) Kha: Orcs?
(4333) Vrondard: "who's the darker dark?"
(4294) Git: "10. 11. 12. 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20... wonder if it would help to count in elven"
(4333) Vrondard: "Goblins?"
(4319) DM: The text changes again...
(4361) Kha: they use numbers to overwealm their enimies, and most people view them as a Dark race created long ago, some even say warped from elves"
(4422) crustbucket (enter): 02:39
(4333) Vrondard: "both certainly have large armies... must have been one o them"
(4294) Git: "well goblins do depend on numbers but Tennarael's the ilythi'iri godess"
(4319) DM: Hard and fierce these warriors be,
Though they number less than a score.
Cold steel doth seek to cut them down,
Yet these heroes do return for more.
Let both good and evil beware this band,
For they can always be found at hand.

(4294) Git: "How many of these are there?"
(4333) Vrondard: ((well its obviously the 3 musketeers))
(4294) Git: "Hmmm... could it have something to do with those twelve swords?"
(4311) Agatha: "Less than twenty...alway be found at hand."
(4324) Norfirion: "Tis a shame, the very reason I failed before, because I couldn't decipher what was hidden. Its before me once again and I'm powerless to understand."
(4333) Vrondard: "whats a score... thats less than a dozen right?"
(4294) Git: "a score's twenty... unless it means distance"
(4333) Vrondard: "ok more than a dozen"
(4311) Agatha: "Nah, it ain't distance."
(4361) Kha: "Wonder if it's the champions of light. thats what the magisters friends called themselves right?"
(4333) Vrondard: "the battle brigade of Gul Badak?"
(4333) Vrondard: "its both good and evil..."
(4361) Kha: "And it seems that we are beeing selected to be the new Champions of Light"
(4333) Vrondard: "so then it would be the champions of light and darkness"
(4324) Norfirion: "Perhaps the subject is none other than ourselves."
(4319) DM: The door opens with a sigh.
(4361) Kha: Yes there was some called that as well"
** (4294) Git arches a brow as the door opens. **
(4361) Kha: "The one Melisiana or what ever her name is defected too"
(4319) TaliesinNYC: h: This circular chamber contains only a closed wooden chest in the rear of the chamber.
** (4324) Norfirion steps back and gazes into the room. **
(4294) Git: "Well... I was expected something more... portal-ly."
(4333) Vrondard: "hmmm more rooms after more rooms"
(4361) Kha: "Dont we have more things to collect before we can actualy activate the portal?"
(4311) Agatha: "Aye. Git, you know the drill"
** (4294) Git moves cautiously, looking about the room before coming to search the chest **
(4311) Agatha: "It looks like what we found was just another artifact. Must be important for all the trouble we went through.
(4333) Vrondard: "what are we supposed to all find again?"
(4333) Vrondard: "this is just one of the items... we got other halls to check after this"
** (4294) Git moves to the side to flip the lid open **
** (4311) Agatha remembers to guard the rear. **
(4319) DM: Inside the chest is a gleaming crystalline vial, containing a small amount of clear, bright green liquid that just bubbles and froths once light strikes the vial's surface.
** (4361) Kha moves into the room and leans against the wall **
** (4319) Halthala speaks clearly and softly as soon as the chest is opened, in a lilting voice that you've heard twice before: **
(4319) Halthala: So behold the third ingredient of the ritual of invocation: a drop of emerald death. Four other ingredients you must gather, each a function of the spell that shall reopen the portal of Alindal-en. A tear from the heart of an elfmaiden, a lock of hair from magicka's true love, valor against corruption, and the bane of the dead.
** (4324) Norfirion shuffles to one corner and stands quietly while looking at the strange vial. **
** (4294) Git grabs up the vial. "This what we wanted?" **
(4319) Halthala: To cast the ritual of invocation: anoint the medallion with emerald death. Strike the medallion with the bane of the dead. Wrap the medallion in the hands of the valorous who also holds a hair from magicka's true love, dipped in a tear from an elfmaid's true heart amid grains of the long-forgotten dead. Chant the ritual of invocation not once, not twice but thrice and the portal shall be opened.
(4324) Norfirion: "That part is a synch, now we just need the other items."
(4319) Halthala: Four items remain, four corridors remain. Choose and be chosen.
(4319) DM: And with that, you appear back in the central chamber.
** (4361) Kha laughes at the last statment **
** (4324) Norfirion walks over to the "Save" point and overwrites the party's previous save. "Please Do Not Remove the Memory Card While Saving." **
(4333) Vrondard: "blech"
(4311) Agatha: "Four more items. With that thing still out there. It's gonna be a long night. Or day. I've lost track long ago."
** (4361) Kha looks around the central chamber to see if there is any of those potions that were here before **
(4333) Vrondard: "guess thats better than gettin attacked by that shadow fiend while getting back... I think"
(4311) Agatha: "Let's check on our wererat friend."
(4361) Kha: "We sould probably rest here for a while. I need to recover my health and heal my wounds"
(4324) Norfirion: "Indeed, that would be wise."
** (4294) Git stretched out a bit. "THis is already getting tiring. Four more now?" **
(4319) DM: The NE, E and SE chambers are now darkened.
(4333) Vrondard: "gah Git... this will make a warrior out of you in the end"
(4361) Kha: "After we get four more get we are choses by what ever god rules over this place."
(4294) Git: "I hope not."
(4333) Vrondard: "well that aint Krauchar unless I'm mistaken... gravely mistaken"
** (4361) Kha sits down and pulls out his Spruce alter from his pack **
** (4361) Kha after setting up the alter he kneels and begins to pray **
(4319) DM: and we'll stop here.


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms