Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
8 users online
4 Registered
0 Hidden
4 Guests
Registered Users: Ace Homework, Daltonmip, DouDoomo, Minuala


Back to Tolmara Logs
LobbyMessage.html

Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
** (1609) Halthala Mithaleil eventually falls asleep **
(1613) Vrondard (whispering):
better email me those files if you can
whispering to Vrondard, its a lot of files
(1609) TaliesinNYC:
so I'll do those as a last resort
whispering to Vrondard, can you see that?
** (1613) Vrondard is very smug after generally kicking the ogres asses **
** (1611) Git turns from the sleeping girl idly whispering, "Celendir's sounding like more fun every minute. Eyeless weirdoes and all..." **
(1613) Vrondard (whispering):
nope
(1613) Vrondard:
"very... a barrel full of laughs"
** (1612) Sarrim moans, groand, and generally sounds quite ill. **
** (1610) Norfirion paces about in a corner to himself as he reads a thick tome. **
(1613) Vrondard:
"but something to check out I be guessin"
** (1611) Git searches around the tower for something resembeling sacks to load the ogre's loot into **
(1613) Vrondard:
"that be what we said we'd do"
** (1610) Norfirion pulls out a large empty sack from his pack and hands it to git. "Use this." **
(1611) Git:
"Yeah yeah... we are ever so obligated.." :sarcastically notes:
(1613) Vrondard:
"well... something stealing somebodies eyes don't sound too grand"
(1611) Git:
:grins to Norf: "Thanks robes. Remind me not to rib you for a while"
(1613) Vrondard:
"so I be saying we go put an end to it... or"
(1613) Vrondard:
"get as far away as we can from it"
(1612) Sarrim:
Map!
(1613) Vrondard:
((map is up))
(1611) Git:
(yay! map!)
** (1610) Norfirion nods and goes back to reading his book while a stoic expression comes over his face. **
(1618) Dj Gilcrease (enter):
22:23
(1618) Kha has sent you a tree node...
(1618) Kha (whispering):
hello, just got home from work :)
(1613) Vrondard:
"perhaps we should talk to this elvie girl to help us decide"
(1613) Vrondard:
"that be your chore Git... not mine"
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1618) Kha...
(1611) Git:
"Let her sleep. We'll interrogate in the morning"
(1613) Vrondard:
"not like you be complainin bout it.. me doubts"
whispering to Kha, people can't see the map and for some reason it won't stop fetching
whispering to Kha, you're not with the group but you will be.
(1614) Agatha:
"Well something chased her here. We'd best be on our guard and camp here for the night."
(1618) Kha (whispering):
whats the web addy of the map, it isnt even trying to fetch for me
whispering to Kha, we'll say that you prayed to your god and communed with your deity in an effort to find the party
whispering to Kha, http://andurin.no-ip.info:40/tower.jpg
** (1611) Git heads upstairs to ransack the ogre's chests for valuables as weall as ripping off their armor for resale before knocking off to sleep **
(1618) Kha (whispering):
Ahh now it just poped up, a circular room a door and two ladders?
whispering to Kha, they were able to see it last week...
whispering to Kha, yes
(1618) Kha (whispering):
Ya just poped up for me
whispering to Kha, k
whispering to Kha, is it my connection that's wrong?
(1610) Norfirion:
"That would be a wise idea" he notes while lifting his head up from his book. "I could use some time to renew my magicks."
(1611) Git: :as
he lays down to the bed: "You're right, someone really should keep watch" :relaxes into sleep mode:
whispering to Kha, you're carrying a golden flail btw.
(1618) Kha (whispering):
I doubt it. Their clients are prob just timing out on the fetch for some reason
whispering to Kha, k
(1610) Norfirion:
"Shifts?"
whispering to Kha, well I've been having problems with this for the past few weeks for some reason
(1618) Kha (whispering):
Oh they gave it to me, wonder if it will argue with Vontaros since they serve diff Gods
(1614) Agatha:
"Wha? Why I didn't mean..."
(1613) Vrondard:
"yep that bird could still be round here"
(1614) Agatha:
"Hmph. little weasel..."
(1612) Sarrim:
"I could probably take the first watch...I don't think I could sleep anyway, as sick as I feel."
whispering to Kha, lol
whispering to Kha, actually no it won't
** (1610) Norfirion shrugs his shoulders "If anyone needs me, just wake me." **
whispering to Kha, the flail led you to them. :)
** (1610) Norfirion takes a comfortable seat and closes his eyes as he slips into reverie. **
(1614) Agatha:
"That sounds good to me. I won't be much good in a fight without at least some shut-eye."
(1613) Vrondard:
"alright... I'll take the next and wake the next person"
(1613) Vrondard:
((i dont remember being healed so im slightly damaged))
** (1612) Sarrim sighs and leans back against the wall. **
(1612) Sarrim:
(Same here)
(1618) Kha (whispering):
So did they give me the flail or did I find it someware, just so I dont confuse them
(1614) Agatha:
"I can take the third shift."
whispering to Kha, they gave it to you which is fine by me
whispering to Kha, they didn't give it to you apparently
(1611) Git:
(who was carrying the gold flail when we left tolmara?)
** (1613) Vrondard heads for a nap **
whispering to Kha, we can say that when you communed with your deity, Oneiros gave you a golden flail in answer, saying that the flail will lead you to the group
(1613) Vrondard:
(Vrondard was but there was some action when i wasn't 'here')
(1611) Git:
(hai hai, so vronard had it then)
(1612) Sarrim:
b
(1618) Kha (whispering):
Ok, was just gona say Vantaros would lead me to them since he would know who they were since I got him durring the trial
(1612) Sarrim:
(Whoops)
whispering to Kha, that's fine too. ok, I'll run with it
whispering to Agatha, you hear something coming through the woods. (happens on your shift)
(1614) Agatha:
((fast forwarding a bit))
** (1614) Agatha blinks a bit, nearly asleep and stands up. **
whispering to Kha, your cue btw
** (1614) Agatha give Git a soft kick. **
whispering to Kha, you emerge through the trees into a clearing. a stone tower is in the middle of the clearing. according to Vontaros, the party should be inside.
(1618) Kha (whispering):
My main chat must be laggin or something cause I only seen Agaths say sfast forward just a sec ago
** (1611) Git groans and grumbles something about it being to early for hymn readings. **
(1614) Agatha:
"Hey, Git. Wake up! I heard something outside."
** (1618) Kha Walks around the tower untill he finds a door and will enter **
** (1614) Agatha pulls out her axe. "Get your bow and cover me." **
(1611) Git:
"Heh?" :groggily rolls his eyes open and sits up. "If it sounded like an animal, I ain't gonna be happy"
** (1609) Halthala Mithaleil cries softly in her sleep..."he had no eyes...Valin, why did you not listen to me....?" **
(1614) Agatha:
"I dunno what it is, but something was trouncing out there."
whispering to Kha, you see a pair of double wooden doors, closed...
** (1618) Kha opens the door slowly, not wanting to get his head split **
** (1614) Agatha hears the elf's muttering and swallows. **
(1609) DM:
The door opens slowly...
(1614) Agatha:
"Stop right there if you value yer head!"
** (1611) Git shakes his head briskly to wake up and grabs up his bow and moves carefully toward a window. noticing the door opening to side he sneaks toward it,( move silent to sneak to it) **
(1611) Git:
Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [15,9] = (24)
(1618) Kha:
"Ahh that must be Agatha, I guess Vontaros was right you are in here
(1611) Git:
(kha, listen check.. ^_^)
(1618) Kha:
Listen Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [17,8] = (25)
(1618) Kha:
((Your loud :P ))
(1611) Git:
(awww)
** (1613) Vrondard may awake during this ruckus **
(1614) Agatha:
"Who's there? Show yourself! Slowly!"
(1618) Kha:
"It's Kha by the way, I was bussy studying when you left the city and Vontaros told me where I could find you"
** (1618) Kha steps through the door slowly and holding no weapon **
(1613) Vrondard:
"gar what the blooming heck is goin on"
** (1611) Git groans in annoyance and pulls the door open completely to see Kha. "Gee... how helpful of him..." **
** (1614) Agatha relaxes and lowers her weapon. **
** (1613) Vrondard gets up grunting away and grabbin his axe **
(1614) Agatha:
"Kha? What the bloody hell are you doing here?"
(1613) Vrondard:
"I'll cut em in two... where are they?"
** (1610) Norfirion stands up from his reverie and focuses his eyes on the new visitor. **
(1618) Kha:
"Yes it was very helpfull. I found some very interesting thing. Oh have you met Vontaros, he is my new spear, it Talks, and is very knowlagable about things. Comes in very handy too. Also lets me use some of my magic much better as well, so it does not tier me out as fast"
** (1614) Agatha turns to the dwarf. "It's alright Vrondard. It's just a straggling mage." **
(1613) Vrondard:
"bah its Kha dagnabbit"
(1609) DM:
((LOL))
(1613) Vrondard:
"like rats they be... everywhere yer turn theres a nother fool bloomin mage"
(1614) Agatha:
"Very interesting I'm sure. Maybe I'll give a damn in the morning."
** (1612) Sarrim has head against the wall...Sleeping the fever sleep. **
(1613) Vrondard:
"an more than likely gots pointy ears to just ruin yer day that much more"
(1618) Kha:
"Well what are you all doing in this tower. I guess I kinda forgot about what we the King wanted us to do after my test. I had some stuff I wanted to think about.
** (1613) Vrondard settles down and drags his stuff away from this disturbance so he can get back to sleep **
(1611) Git:
:/me groggily strolls away, losing interest as he retains to his bedroll, muttering back to Kha, We'll talk in the morning. You're on watch since you're so full of enerrgy."
(1618) Kha:
"I am not a mage, I am a Spear Dancer, and a Cleric of Oneiros. I also have some other skill that is similar to the Sisters power"
(1614) Agatha:
"We're after orcs. Now shut up and find a place to sleep. I'm too tired for your blathering right now."
(1610) Norfirion:
"Hmpfh"
** (1618) Kha shugs and sits down to take watch **
** (1610) Norfirion sits back down with a somewhat bored look and closes his eyes. **
(1618) Kha:
"So did you find out about that snake cult, or just decide to go after the Orcs first to keep Vrondard happy?"
(1614) Agatha:
"I said in the morning!"
** (1618) Kha shugs, then hops up some what startled **
(1618) Kha:
"Oh I didnt see you Elfling. I havnt met you yet, I am Kha, Spear Dancer and Iniate Cleric of Oneiros. Pleased to meet you."
** (1610) Norfirion sighs. "As well, a more formal introduction can wait for later." **
** (1611) Git groans to Agatha, "He's neve going to shut up, is he?" **
** (1618) Kha shakes his head, sits backk down and pulls out a small book and starts writing **
(1614) Agatha:
"Gods damn it, Kha. Do you have to wake up everyone in the bloody tower? Hush up and get some sleep. We'll catch up in the morning."
(1625) Mikal (enter):
22:54
(1609) Voice:
In the city of leaves, a second question will be asked as was the first but not the third. Three questions asked and three questions answered -- will honor conquer greed? Can a sword conquer a scorpion? How does death overcome the eternal? -- and a fate comes to pass, for you have no fate but the fate you have made.
(1611) Git:
(eh?)
** (1614) Agatha looks around confused. "Did anyone else just hear that?" **
(1618) Kha:
"Umm Vontaros that wasnt you was it, didnt sound like you"
(1609) DM:
(That was from Vrondard's belongings.)
(1618) Kha:
"What was the first question asked?"
(1611) Git:
"Vronard... shut it up"
(1612) Sarrim:
"Swords can...Scorpion pain."
(1613) Vrondard:
"you shut up"
(1618) Kha:
"What was it thats said that I wana ask it some questions."
** (1611) Git gives a hiss, stands up walks over and starts kicking Vronard's bag, "Shut up you, we're tying to sleep!" **
(1618) Kha:
"Who you have in that bag?"
(1614) Agatha:
"Remind me if we ever find a talking axe to plug up my ears and melt it down. Then throw the disfigured mess into the sea."
** (1610) Norfirion sighs again. **
** (1618) Kha moves over to the bag and pokes it whispering "Whos in there?" **
(1613) Vrondard:
"ah jus tthe blooming flail.. dont be touchin it"
(1611) Git:
"Don't matter." :shoos Kha away and returns to his bedroll:
(1610) Norfirion:
"I only wish I knew a spell of silence. A future investment perhaps. Now if there were only some cure for Vrondard's odor."
(1618) Kha:
"Flail, and it Talks, wonder if Vontaros would get along with it."
** (1618) Kha moves back to the side of the bilding and slides his spear out and puts the book back" **
(1610) Norfirion:
"Yes perhaps take them outside to have a chat while the rest of us rest. Intelligent weapons love the wilderness, I've learned."
(1611) Git:
"Don't play with it. It might say something encouraging and get you all fate minded again"
** (1618) Kha whispers "Vontaros, do you know who the flail is that just talked?" **
(1610) Norfirion:
"There's only one thing in my life, and I'
(1618) Kha:
"It said you have no Fate except the Fate you have made"
whispering to Kha, A servant of Ra, I believe.
** (1610) Norfirion stops himself and shakes his head. **
(1614) Agatha:
"Aye, aye. That's all it ever says.
whispering to Kha, an aspect of Solnor.
** (1610) Norfirion returns to his reverie and soon after is lost in his own world. **
(1625) Mikal (exit):
23:02
** (1613) Vrondard has little trouble heading to sleep.... the consumate warrior **
** (1618) Kha whispers "A servent of Ra. Interesting. Wonder if that was the Flail I saw in my dreams and no the one that controls snakes, the Flail of the Kings or what ever it was called." **
** (1618) Kha whispers "Servent of Ra, do you speak audibly only or is it threw the mind like Vontaros here?" **
** (1614) Agatha points over to the scorpion corpse. "Hey, Kha. Lookie over there at what we bagged." **
(1612) Sarrim:
(Is going to continue sleeping for the moment. Bathroom Break AFK)
(1618) Kha:
"Did a sword concer it like the flail asked?"
(1609) DM:
The corpse of a giant, bone white scorpion lies still in the middle of the tower.
(1609) DM:
It's already begun rotting.
** (1611) Git muses idly, "And then some... so I gues that dumb thing's a bit slow on it's prophetic lingo" **
(1618) Kha:
"So what was the first quest.."
** (1614) Agatha hits Kha in the back of the head, trying to knock him out. **
** (1618) Kha stops and remembers people are sleeping **
** (1618) Kha slides Vontaros back into it's spot and gets his book back out of his bag again **
(1609) DM:
((fast forwarding a bit...))
(1609) DM:
In the morning....
** (1609) Halthala Mithaleil wakes fitfully, blinking awake at her surroundings. **
** (1618) Kha wakes up bright and early, does some stretching and digs threw his bags for some food and waits for the others to wake **
(1610) Norfirion (whispering):
here's my new spelllist
whispering to Norfirion, k
(1610) Norfirion has sent you a tree node...
** (1609) Halthala Mithaleil stands and stretches, and takes in her surroundings. **
** (1609) Halthala Mithaleil stands, massaging her neck as if in pain.
**

(1609) Halthala Mithaleil:
I am forever grateful for your aid, my friends. If there is something I can do to repay your kindnesses....you have but to ask.
** (1618) Kha looks at the other person waking up "I have not met you yet either, I am Kha." **
(1609) Halthala Mithaleil:
Ah...my pardons! When I was here in my injured state, I did not see you. My name is Halthala, of Rhovanurin, a settlement in ancient Celdenor. I am grateful for your friends' aid.
(1609) Halthala Mithaleil:
Amin harmuva onalle e' cormamin. ((OOC: I shall treasure your gift in my heart.))
** (1613) Vrondard awakes... discovers that Kha is really here and last night wasn't just a bad dream **
** (1611) Git comes to lazily, does some stretching and tumbling to wake himself up before sitting down for a breakfast of bread meat and water, citing in annoyance, "One of you has to learn to cook" **
(1613) Vrondard:
"harruumph"
(1609) Halthala Mithaleil:
Well...as it happens....I can cook. At least, permit me to make you some breakfast.
(1609) Halthala Mithaleil:
I have no waybread to offer you....we...I (glances down, sorrowfully)...that was left behind in the slaughter.
(1611) Git (whispering):
btw... what was in the leather pouch and bronze coffer from the chest, if anything?
** (1618) Kha looks at the others who are still sleeping and grumbles to himself **
whispering to Git, curiously enough, arcane spell components (leather pouch) and a glowing sapphire (bronze coffer)
** (1610) Norfirion awakes the next morning and returns to the corpse of the scorpion. Using his dagger he severs the large stinger and returns with it. He attempts to milk the poison from the stinger into a glass vial for study later. **
(1610) Norfirion:
(thats what i want to do anyways)
** (1614) Agatha wakes up with a loud yawn, missing the coffee drink she favored in Tolmara. **
** (1618) Kha looks at the person stretching "Do you speak? or are you just still mostly asleep?" **
** (1609) Halthala Mithaleil is busy preparing breakfast for the group. **
(1609) Halthala Mithaleil:
So, tell me, what brings you here to this part of Miir? (slicing rashers of bacon)
** (1610) Norfirion gives Kha a stoic look and mutters "Norfirion is a quiet voice." **
(1609) Halthala Mithaleil:
Are you on your way east, to fight against the orcs who ravage both Celdenor and the human lands?
(1610) Norfirion:
("Norfirion" in a quiet voice)
(1611) Git:
(Yay! Another Map! :throws confetti:)
** (1618) Kha digs up a peble and tosses it at Git **
(1609) Halthala Mithaleil:
There are stories that people tell...stories I do not know if true or false...of creatures that lead the orcs in battle, who are threefold the height of a bolgmor. These orcs are fearsome and more learned in battle than many of their kind.
** (1609) Halthala Mithaleil adds quietly, muttering softly, "I would give almost anything to try my hand in battle against them and their kin" as she fries a rasher of bacon. **
(1612) Sarrim:
(Back)
(1609) DM:
(are you guys lagging?)
** (1611) Git leans toward Halthala assuring her of Kha, "He's kind of annoying, but he isn't particularly dangerous" **
(1609) DM:
(think ppl might be lagging)
(1609) DM:
(move to Tolmara1)

(1) DM: (Halthala was just asking what brings you here to Miir)
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
So, what brings you here to this part of Miir?
(4) Git:
on the plus side the map's working surprisingly well... double even
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
Are you on your way east, to fight against the orcs who ravage both Celdenor and the human lands?
(3) Agatha:
"Aye, that's the plan."
(6) Git (enter): 23:51
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
There are stories, whether true or false I know not, of creatures three times as tall as a bolgmor, who lead these orcs into battle. They must be great teachers, for these orcs are fearless and more well taught in battlelore than many of their kind.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (6) Git...
(1) TaliesinNYC:
Booting '(4) Git' from room...
(4) Git (exit):
23:52
(7) Git (enter): 23:53
(1) DM:
((that map is to scale. 1 inch on the map is equal to 25 miles.))
(2) Vrondard:
"bah"
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (7) Git...
(1) TaliesinNYC:
Booting '(6) Git' from room...
(6) Git (exit):
23:54
(8) Sarrim (enter):
23:54
** (3) Agatha smiles. "All the more fun for us." **
(8) Sarrim:
Okay
(8) Sarrim:
Okay
(8) Sarrim:
I think
(8) Sarrim:
I think I'm okay now
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (8) Sarrim...
(8) Sarrim:
That was weird.
(8) Sarrim:
I kept trying to talk...And all of the text came out in weird jumbles, as if parts of the conversation were missing
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
Well, I would be glad to offer you my skills as payment for saving my life. I am in your debt, and have no where to go except home...where I am unwelcome.
(10) Git (enter):
23:56
(11) Sarrim (enter): 23:56
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
I can fight, and track, and scout as well. I am somewhat versed in woodlore and the position of the stars in the sky. I am no mage, so cannot offer aid on that front.
(11) Sarrim:
(What
(7) Git (exit):
23:56
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (10) Git...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (11) Sarrim...
(1) TaliesinNYC:
Booting '(8) Sarrim' from room...
(8) Sarrim (exit):
23:57
(10) Git:
"Doesn't matter, we aren't taking you with us"
(3) Agatha:
"Do you know anything about scorpion poisoning?"
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
What is a scorpion?
(10) Git:
"Something like that" :points to the giant bug corpse:
(2) Vrondard:
"the thing on the main floor"
(2) Vrondard:
"but i think yea got your answer Aggie"
** (3) Agatha points back at the corpse. **
(11) Sarrim (exit):
23:58
** (1) Halthala Mithaleil looks over and her eyes grow wide. **
(10) Git:
:casually holds out some bread as she gawks at the scorp: "Hungry?"
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
By the hand of the goddess, I have never seen such a creature!
(12) Sarrim (enter):
00:00
** (1) Halthala Mithaleil takes a bit of bread, nibbling on it. "You are very brave to have stood against it." **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (12) Sarrim...
(2) Vrondard:
"bah"
(2) Vrondard:
"it fell quick enough"
(10) Git:
"Yeah I know"
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
Well if I cannot accompany you, at least permit me to guide you to whereever you wish to go.
** (1) Halthala Mithaleil looks at the scorpion corpse once more. **
(10) Git:
"We're going toward Celdenir. And since that seems dangerous, it would kind of null the whole point of saving you to take you with us"
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
Not entirely. Much ancient lore still exists that protects the wood against those who live within the ruins, and it would not be wise for those unlearned to stray in unknown places.
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
And besides...(glancing at Git), you're quite fetching.
(10) Git:
"Straying in unknown places is my career. So is being 'fetching' by coincidence."
** (3) Agatha rolls her eyes. **
(12) Sarrim:
"Keep talking...We might be able to fly there on Git's head."
(3) Agatha:
"You mentioned something about ruins."
** (10) Git gives a bemused snicker to Sam's comment **
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
I am in your debt and I cannot honorably accept your refusal.
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
(glances, downcast)
** (10) Git eyes the woman thoughtfully **
(10) Git:
Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
(12) Sarrim:
"Honor's nothing to keep a bowed head about. You should be proud to hold yourself to high standards."
whispering to Git, she's not hiding anything and her offer is quite genuine
whispering to Git, you could cut her idealism with a butter knife
(13) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 00:07
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (13) Dj Gilcrease...
** (1) Halthala Mithaleil glances up, looking at you, hopefully, at hearing Sarrim's words. **
** (10) Git chortles lightly, "Volunteerting to lead a haphazard group like this... I'd say your standards are too low." sighing, "But if you insist on coming, stay out of the way, will you?" **
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
Ays, the ruins of Celdenir. You cannot enter the city unless you are within the company of an elf of old.
(13) Kha:
((Damn lag, was wondering why noon was talking ))
(3) Agatha:
"Git do you know your way through the Miir?"
(10) Git:
(you should keep a messenger open so we can keep in contact, considering how often this happens)
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
There are many ways to get there...but the two fastest ways are either on The Silent Way, or through a sla-mori. (trembles slightly)
(2) Vrondard:
"dont' matter to me none"
(10) Git:
"Well, I'm no woodsman I admit. I can find my way around more or less, I suppose following trails though"
(12) Sarrim:
"We have a map, and that's all. We could use your aid, and then I could give you some money and you could make your way to Tolmara, since your former home provides no solace. Is that satisfactory?"
(2) Vrondard:
"if she can keep me from getting shot somewheres then I'm all for it"
(3) Agatha:
((Or keep an eye on our Yahoo group. I posted the problem there.))
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
I would be glad to give any should you require it.
(10) Git:
"Sla-mori path means orcs and eyeless troubles. best to go my favored path, the silent one"
(12) Sarrim:
"Why is it called the Silent Way?"
(10) Git:
"Probably because we haven't been there yet"
(12) Sarrim:
"Good point."
** (12) Sarrim grins. **
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
It is so named because of those who guard the way to the ruins of ancient Celdenir.
(13) Kha:
"I could keep us silent on any path if you need."
(3) Agatha:
"The ghosts of the old elves?"
(12) Sarrim:
"Guardians who you say you can get us past, unharassed?"
(10) Git:
"I suppose a ghost could teack me a thing or two of silence."
(12) Sarrim:
"I'm no good in a fight right now...I'm not even sure I can carry all of my gear. The path of least resistance may be the best in this case."
(13) Kha:
"Are you wounded Sarrim?"
(2) Vrondard:
"look at im"
(2) Vrondard:
"aint got bloody crust on his skin fer nuthin"
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
The Silent Guardians are statues of Aranris El-Macil and Terraénil Summaliré. They possess the power of judgment and can see into the hearts of those who wish to gain entrance to ancient Celdenir.
** (13) Kha moves over to Sarrim **
(13) Kha:
"Oneiros, The Lord of Fate, I beg of you, plead with Teleute that these wounds not be fatal."
(13) Kha:
((Gain [1d8+1] -> [3,1] = (4)HP))
(14) Norfirion (enter):
00:16
(10) Git:
"Hmph... wonder what their criteria of judgement are."
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (14) Norfirion...
(14) Norfirion:
(sorry just finished dinner)
** (12) Sarrim lifts his shirt, revealing the slightly closed hole in his stomach from the scorpion's stinger. "I'll live... It's the vile stuff the scorpion inflicted into me with the sting. Besides, I have my own Goddess to restore my health in such a case." **
(12) Sarrim:
"But venom must work its course naturally..."
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
I do not know...I have never been tested by them. I only know of them through stories and legend.
(12) Sarrim:
"And naturally means I can't even swing a broadsword without breaking a sweat." *Says the last angrily at himself*
(10) Git:
Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
(10) Git (whispering):
check for any clue of their 'judgement'?
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
If we stay on the Way, we will not be able to gain entrance to the ruins for they guard both entrances to the city. There is a pair of statues on both the north entrance and the south entrance.
(15) Norfirion (enter):
00:18
whispering to Git, nothing that has to do with greed, that's for sure.
(12) Sarrim:
"What is their significance? What do you mean by "tested by them"?"
(14) Norfirion (exit):
00:19
(13) Kha:
"Why wont we gain entrance, if you have not been tested how do you know they wont let us in?"
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
They were erected by priests of old after the destruction of ancient Celdenir by daemons and infernals.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (15) Norfirion...
(10) Git (whispering):
Financial greed's more like a hobby to Git. Don't worry, he has his priorities
(16) Norfirion (enter): 00:20
(16) Norfirion:
(damn it jim)
whispering to Git, not only financial greed but spiritual greed as well
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (16) Norfirion...
(10) Git:
"Yeah, lets at least send Kha through and see what happens"
(1) TaliesinNYC:
Booting '(15) Norfirion' from room...
(15) Norfirion (exit):
00:21
(10) Git (whispering):
true true, he's not exactly the self-sacrificing type. If it doesn't involve him or his family he'll only stick his neck out so far
(12) Sarrim:
"What do they test? Our devotions? Our intents? If it is as simple as that, I think that even a drunken Vrondard could get in easily enough."
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
I never said I could gain you entrance to the city, only that I could guide you to whereever you need to go.
(2) Vrondard:
"har"
(13) Kha:
"Sound interesting. I past the test of my god, so I give it a try. Might be an interesting test like the one Oneiros put me to."
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
If you are true to your heart, you should be able to gain entry easily enough. I have no doubt that you are, and so you will.
(10) Git: :pat's
Kha's shoulder: "There's the spirit"
(2) Vrondard:
"fine then..."
(2) Vrondard:
"shall we start on the road then?"
** (10) Git leans over and whispers to the others, "If he gets smited we'll use the Sla-mori" **
(3) Agatha:
"Hmph. At the very least the gate will make a good camp. I doubt the orcs will go anywhere near there."
(2) Vrondard:
"Sarrim.. I'll carry what you cannot"
(13) Kha:
"What happened with the Snake Cult by the way. I seem to have lost track of more time then I thought while I was in the library."
(12) Sarrim:
"Fair enough. Let's go then...I fear I may fall asleep again if I sit too much longer, and the day wears on. We'll tell you on the way Kha."
(17) Mikal (enter):
00:25
(13) Kha:
"And what about that Flail that spoke last night. What was the First Question it spoke of?"
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
We are several days journey from ancient Celdenir. I estimate at least two weeks. (OOC: 18 days)
(10) Git:
"Huh?" :looks back to Kha: "Oh them... not really sure. Hopefully they'll be leaving Tolmara soon, After that we'll hope for the best."
(16) Norfirion (whispering):
whatever happened with the identify on the flute, and also was the scorpion venom milking successful?
(2) Vrondard:
"well...we could rest here the rest of the day"
(10) Git:
"And ignore the stupid flail"
** (13) Kha trots off after the others **
whispering to Norfirion, venom was 50% successful. spilled a great deal. lol
(2) Vrondard:
"see if you feel better on the morrow"
(2) Vrondard:
"its a long journey"
(16) Norfirion (whispering):
how many does could i get (ie to coat a xbow bolt or dagger blade)?
whispering to Norfirion, it is an item that when played enables the user to enchant creatures of the woodland for a short amount of time.
** (10) Git grimaces at the long travel. "Two weeks on foot.... how long by Sla-Mori?" **
(2) Vrondard:
"made longer should you be draggin her feat the whole way"
whispering to Norfirion, 3 doses
(12) Sarrim:
"I'll live...The worst was last night *Gives a slight shiver*. Let's go." *Hoists his pack with a cough and a groan.*
(16) Norfirion (whispering):
ok cool thx, will note that
(2) Vrondard:
her = yer
whispering to Norfirion, one dose for a long sword
whispering to Norfirion, or 3 doses for a dagger or bolt
** (12) Sarrim collapses to his knees. **
(12) Sarrim:
"Gah...Perhaps..."
(17) Mikal (exit):
00:27
** (3) Agatha helps Sarrim up. **
whispering to Norfirion, initial d6 Con damage and secondary d6 Con damage
(3) Agatha:
"Here, I got you.
(2) Vrondard:
"har... not likely"
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
(trembles a bit)
(12) Sarrim:
"Thanks Agatha...I'm just...Not feeling that well yet..."
** (2) Vrondard looks at what he can take to lighten his load **
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
If by sla-mori, the journey will be cut short by as much as three-fourths the time.
(2) Vrondard:
"well then that bodes us resting here till tomorrow"
(2) Vrondard:
"to be honest... I could use the rest as well"
(10) Git:
"Hmm... is trying to sneak past blind boys orcs worth shaving off a week and a half of travel?"
(2) Vrondard:
bluff [1d20+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
(12) Sarrim:
(Lol)
(2) Vrondard:
(does a poor job of lieing)
(13) Kha:
"How hard can it be to sneak past blind orcs?"
(2) Vrondard:
"heck no... where be the orcs is where I be"
(1) DM:
(food and bio break, brb, 5 min)
(10) Git:
"Prcs aren't blind. There master is eyeless. probably a mage though with better ways of seeing..."
(10) Git:
*orcs even
(2) Vrondard:
"kill hte orcs.. then take the shortcut"
(13) Kha:
"Eye less you say? Does he move fluidly like a snake?"
(10) Git:
"Fighting them is a stupid risk if we can avoid it. Keep focus"
(10) Git:
"How should I know?"
(12) Sarrim (whispering):
For when you get back...I'd like to do a knowledge, and then religion check on this Eyeless orc leader guy. Knowledge= [1d20+8] -> [5,8] = (13), Religion = [1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23)
(2) Vrondard:
"risk? risk of missing out on killin orcs you mean"
(13) Kha:
"Well if you know it is eyeless I was guessing you had seen it"
(10) Git:
"No, the girl did."
(13) Kha:
"Just wondering if it is like the one I killed in my test that helped me break the seal on the tower in Tolmara that the Magister and Jenna put up."
(10) Git:
"Huh?" :stares curiously at Kha:
(13) Kha:
"Was a very interesting creature."
(10) Git:
(dark elf Jenna?)
(13) Kha:
"Oh ya I havnt told you about my test"
(13) Kha:
((Yes)
(10) Git:
0.o
(2) Vrondard:
"no need really"
** (12) Sarrim sits down again, and takes a drink from his water **
** (16) Norfirion perks an eye and Kha but remains quiet. **
(2) Vrondard:
"I aint going to be tested...."
(2) Vrondard:
"har!"
(13) Kha:
"Very interesting realy. First they ask some questions. Then summoned all of you to speak wheather you thought I would make a good Cleric of Oneiros> Then sent me to some dream world where we ended up killing an eyeless sword fighter, which happened to break a seal in the waking world that the Magister and Jenna put up hundreds of years ago"
(13) Kha:
"That was before she turn to this new God she follows, the Dark One. That she wants me to follow as well."
(10) Git:
""The Magister... with Jenna?"
(2) Vrondard:
"bah... sword wielder.. Aggie and I will mess him up"
** (12) Sarrim muffles a cough. **
(12) Sarrim:
"You don't remember the incident in the ballroom? After the feast?"
(2) Vrondard:
"lead on..."
(13) Kha:
"Ya she was a sister of the Green Ahja or some such."
(13) Kha:
"Then she commited herself to a new God that does not belong in this world."
(12) Sarrim:
*Wryly* "If I remember correctly, she called him her lover, before attempting to kill him."
(10) Git:
"Fascinating."
(1) DM:
(bak)
(12) Sarrim (whispering):
For when you get back...I'd like to do a knowledge, and then religion check on this Eyeless orc leader guy. Knowledge= [1d20+8] -> [6,8] = (14), Religion = [1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23)
(2) Vrondard:
"so lets rest and head off tomorrow morning"
(10) Git:
"Eyeless swordsmen aside, Hally, how many did the orcs number?"
(2) Vrondard:
"maybe Sarrim will be able to carry his own pack"
(13) Kha:
"That wasnt Jenna, that was Melisana Sarrim"
whispering to Sarrim, no clue (knowledge), religion (possibly someone who's blind, an albino...but apart from that, not much to go on. most religious figures have eyes except for creatures from the Sunless Lands (the Underdark in my game))
(2) Vrondard:
"if not Aggie and I shall lug it until he can"
(10) Git:
"Vronard, we do have horses..."
(3) Agatha:
"More than we can hold off by ourselves. Remember, we ain't the first to fight the orcs up here."
(12) Sarrim (whispering):
Interesting. I'll keep it in mind.
(2) Vrondard:
"bah you had to remind me"
(12) Sarrim:
"We...Do? Right...Right...Where'd we put them?"
(3) Agatha:
"Over there. I brought them in last night."
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
(frowns a bit at the memory)
** (16) Norfirion walks off from the group and contemplates alone while walking. **
(3) Agatha:
"That venom really did hit you hard."
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
Several...more than nine I think.
(10) Git: :to
Aggy: "I'd rather avoid them then fight them. But if we don't know the situation that's almost impossible"
(13) Kha (exit):
00:41
** (16) Norfirion stays nearby however, just removed somewhat. **
(12) Sarrim:
"Just a fever...I've seen worse..."
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
There was an ogre as well, I think.
(2) Vrondard:
"well one horse short now..."
(2) Vrondard:
"bah.. Ogres be fun to play wid"
(12) Sarrim:
"I can walk well enough. We'll just have to store my stuff in a saddlebag...Besides, if you have need to dash off again, I won't be any help anyway."
(10) Git:
"Phew... I was expecting more like ninety then nine."
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
Well...we slew at least that number before they overwhelmed our group.
(10) Git:
"Still though. were they strong? and this eyeless leader, did he seem a magic user? what weapons did he use"
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
It used no weapons that I could tell...
** (12) Sarrim begins putting his things in a saddlebag, backpack in one and armor and shield in the other. **
(3) Agatha:
"Must use magic."
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
He had those who walk without life at his command. (shudders)
(12) Sarrim:
"Undead." *Spits*
(2) Vrondard:
"arggg a defiler of souls"
(3) Agatha:
"Undead? You never mentioned anything about undead."
(10) Git: :leaning
in and speaking calmly: "A necromancer then... or a dark priest... did he have anykind of markings or distinguishing robes? and could you tell his race?"
(12) Sarrim:
"They will not harm us. The weaker ones, anyway. My faith will protect us."
(16) Norfirion (whispering):
how long before firing those poisoned bolts could i place the poison on them? ie how long will it remain potent after applied to a weapon
(2) Vrondard:
"ok well if we are going... lets get on wid it"
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
I warned Valin that the sla-mori were not reliable, since the war so many years ago, but he would not listen to me, saying that the words of a thief were no words to listen to at all. (looks away)
(10) Git: :
quirks a brow and snickers empathically: "Welcome to my world, girl"
(12) Sarrim:
"Let us continue while we travel. Dear lady, you will use my horse." *Offers the reins to Halthala*
** (16) Norfirion sighs as if saying 'oh brother'. **
(18) Kha (enter): 00:48
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
I saw only that he was tall, wore a dark robe the color of twilight and walked with a slight hunch. He spoke but his words were unclear....and it was then that I fled.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (18) Kha...
** (10) Git nods to Sam and stands to leave, listening for Halthala's remarks while bundling up the ogre loot **
(16) Norfirion:
"Interesting tale...."
(3) Agatha:
"Oh no you don't. You're in no condition to be chivalrous. She can take Vrondard's horse. He didn't want to ride anyway."
whispering to Norfirion, must be used right away
** (16) Norfirion gathers his things and readies for travel. **
(1) DM:
(ok, so which is it folks? sla-mori or road?)
(10) Git: :agreeing
with Aggy: "Yeah, and even a horse deserves a break once in a while
(18) Kha:
"Vantaros what was that thing called that you helped me kill durring the test where I earned you?"
(12) Sarrim:
*Indignantly* "I'm not so weak as to not be able to walk on my own two feet. I'm fine without all my gear."
(1) Vontaros:
A myrdraal.
** (12) Sarrim coughs a little, and then hacks at the disembodied voice. **
(12) Sarrim:
"What in the name of the Gods is that?!"
(18) Kha:
"Wonder if this eyeless thing is the same type of creature. It was very very formitable."
(10) Git: :sighs
while luging the sack unto his horse and tying it down. "Forget it, Sam get on your horse, Halthala you can ride with Ari(even if she's not here). I'm sure it can carry two women."
** (16) Norfirion perks a curiois eye in the direction of the voice. **
(18) Kha:
"Oh thats Vontaros, my spear. It Talks like that Flail that you want me to ignore"
(1) DM:
(from Kha's spear.)
(12) Sarrim:
"..."
** (12) Sarrim glances at Kha, then the spear, then Git, and back. **
(10) Git:
"Wonderful... in exchange I'll ignore your spear"
(18) Kha:
"You know I wont ignore that Flail for too long. I want to know what it was Talking about."
(1) DM:
(will strike the Ari comment from the log. :) )
(12) Sarrim:
"I will...I will just get on the horse...Yes...That sounds right about now."
(2) Vrondard:
"bunch of serpent foul evil talk it has to say"
** (12) Sarrim climbs onto the horse, muttering about talking weapons. **
(10) Git:
(can't have her ride with a character in PC limbo? ah well)
(2) Vrondard:
"you can ride me horse girl"
** (3) Agatha stifles a chuckle. **
(12) Sarrim:
"Alright"
(2) Vrondard:
"I don't wanna ride it anyway"
** (16) Norfirion chuckles. **
(18) Kha:
"Sounded more like a plea for you to accept what it offered, or a prophacy it wants you to fufill then serpent talk"
(1) DM:
((It's assumed for a PC to be present even if she's in PC limbo. It's just that you wouldn't have said that.))
(12) Sarrim:
"I never want to hear those words in that order again."
(12) Sarrim:
"Never."
(10) Git:
(o....kay...)
(2) Vrondard:
"works out fer all three of us... horse included I'm sure"
(1) DM:
(( :) ))
(10) Git:
"Yeah, but wanting for your stubby legged self to keep up will slow us down"
(12) Sarrim:
"Git makes a good point. Take my horse, Vrondard."
(19) Sir Ivan Cromwell (enter): 00:55
(2) Vrondard:
"stubby me arse... I can keep with the best long leggers"
(10) Git:
"No everyone on their horses! Halthala ride with Aggy! No more arguing!"
(2) Vrondard:
"and with armor... and fer longer"
(18) Kha (whispering):
can I assume I bought a horse before running off to find them, or did we already have horses, I dont remember :)
** (3) Agatha throws Sarrim a stern look. "Did that venom all go to your head? You're staying on your horse." **
(1) DM:
((ok, so which is it, road or sla-mori? never got an answer.))
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(3) Agatha:
"The dwarf's running is better than your limping."
** (10) Git gives a pat to the dwarf's head in passing grumbling out, "Sure you're real speedy. Now shut it and ride." **
(2) Vrondard:
((Vrondard votes for killin orcs))
whispering to Kha, you got a horse. :)
** (12) Sarrim looks very sulky right now. **
(10) Git:
(vote for Sla-mori)
(18) Kha:
"Vontaros can you blow a myrdraal up again like you did in the dream world or was that just something you were able to do in that dream?"
(12) Sarrim:
(Vote for the time saver. Sla-Mori)
** (16) Norfirion agrees with Vrondard as he shares a great hatred for the slimey bastards. **
whispering to Kha, that was only during your Test. a real myrdraal is a challenge none of us are prepared for.
(1) DM:
(3 votes for the time saver. Going once...)
(1) DM:
(make that 4 votes)
(18) Kha:
"If that eyeless thing is a Myrdrall then it will be a very hard fight if we meet it, the one in the dream would have killed us all except Vontaros did something that finished it off, though I suspect that was something he could only do in that dream since it was controled by Oneiros"
(1) DM:
(ok, sla-mori it is)
(3) Agatha:
((let's do it))
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
If it is to be our fate for the sla-mori, then there is one thing you should know...
(12) Sarrim:
"Which is?"
** (10) Git looks to Halthala as he hops up onto his mount **
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
All sla-mori are a dungeon constructed around a gateway or portal. They were built in this fashion so as to prevent those who were unworthy of their use from discovering or abusing their powers.
(10) Git:
"You mean unworthy like the exact weirdoes we'll be facing in this one?"
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
In order to use the sla-mori, you must resolve the dungeon to gain access to the portal. But be warned, if the portal is not set properly, you may find yourself elsewhere instead of your proper destination. All sla-mori have two destinations: the next portal in the chain, and a pre-set destination.
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
Exactly.
(10) Git (whispering):
that reminds me of something would knowledge skill, dungeoneering be considered a rogue class skill for its content or not since it's a knowledge skill?
(10) Git:
"You wouldn't by chance know how to set the portal destinations, would you?"
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
The sla-mori that I fled from is Alindal-en, and it leads to the border of Damrosil, or to Vala'il-en, about five days ride from ancient Celdenir.
(18) Kha:
"How many of these Sla-Mori are there?"
whispering to Git, yes, rogue skill
(16) Norfirion:
"Hmmm Dungeon you say? This sounds interesting, I've changed my mind. There could be a lot of interesting 'things' by taking the sla-mori"
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
Of course. Such lore is learned as part of my training.
(10) Git:
"Is it heavily trapped or guarded by anything other than the orcs?"
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
There are at least thirty (at Kha).
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
Of those, I am familiar with three.
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
I am not familiar with the one at Alindal-en.
(16) Norfirion (whispering):
Knowledge Arcana [1d20+12] -> [14,12] = (26) Anything useful from memory regarding the sla-mori?
whispering to Norfirion, other than traps galore, guardian creatures and forgotten magic? :)
(18) Kha:
"Interesting. Wonder if any go near The Mirror of Destiny"
whispering to Norfirion, most but not all sla-mori have a central feature that must be negotiated before the dungeon can be easily navigated. in some cases, this is a trap. in others, it is a special feature of the dungeon.
(16) Norfirion (whispering):
just anything specific, perhaps about this particular one we're heading to or whatever
whispering to Norfirion, not particularly.
(16) Norfirion (whispering):
ok
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
Ays. (to Git) (as you ride)
(16) Norfirion:
"Indeed it is trapped Git, quite heavily."
** (16) Norfirion stops in his pacing and folds his hands into his robes while grinding his staff into the dirt. **
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
The sla-mori were created by mages of old and warded with long forgotten spells. Such places are now dangerous in the sense that their magicka have fallen corrupted, through the perils of time or other means.
(16) Norfirion:
"Many guardian creatures and forgotten magicks lie within as well. An offer I can't resist."
** (18) Kha slides a small book out of his pack as they ride and tries to write neatly in it while not dumping the ink down the side of the horse." **
(10) Git:
"How do your people reach the gate safely then?"
** (16) Norfirion repeats by memory all the information Kha is noting in an attempt to display his supperios intellect. :-p **
** (2) Vrondard is mostly bored of this conversation and pouty they aren't going to rout the orcs et all **
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
During the war of one and thirty years ago, when these lands were ravaged by humans who live far to the west, a few sla-mori were corrupted by evil magicka. I am certain that Alindal-en was one of those.
(16) Norfirion:
"Are you refering to the Kernin invasion?"
** (18) Kha looks at Norfirion "Why are you repeating what they say, I hear it well enough when they said it." **
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
Through sword and steel and spell. (And by sheer luck, as well ((muttering.))
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
I only know of it as a great war.
(10) Git:
"Wonderful. Hate for a shortcut to be boring."
(16) Norfirion:
"Because my mind is sharp enough to not need notes" said with some swagger in his voice. He then just smiles and chuckles jokingly.
(10) Git: :as
they ride: "The orcs by the way, where did they attack from? The forests or did they come through the Sla-mori itself?"
** (18) Kha shakes his head "I could repeat most every word in this book if I so chose, I was not writing about what they were speaking though I was writing about the prophacy that I must fufill." **
** (3) Agatha grins. "If it was safe, it wouldn't be called the shortcut. It would just be called the road." **
** (16) Norfirion rolls his eyes. **
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
We are about a day's ride from the sla-mori. It is possible we shall have to walk some of the way, as there may be orc patrols about.
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
I slew a few in my haste to flee.
(2) Vrondard:
"oh thats good news"
(16) Norfirion:
"I was only talking in just, lighten up"
(16) Norfirion:
(jest)
(18) Kha (whispering):
can I make the Circle of Silence weave small enough to just cover Norfirions mouth so he can hear everyone but cant hear himself?
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
We were in the sla-mori. Apparently, they had gained entrance to it. I managed to escape...although barely.
whispering to Kha, lol, ok. embrace the source though first
(10) Git:
"In other words, after we pass through that gate, there's a chance it may land us in a orc encampment?"
** (18) Kha consentrates for a moment and feels the power rush into him **
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
It may be, if the portal were set improperly.
(10) Git:
"This gets better and better"
(2) Vrondard:
"excellent.. a surprise attack"
** (18) Kha ok weaving the circle of silence around his mouth **
(18) Kha:
"So Norfirion since I have not had the pleasure of hearing why you joined us would you mind explaining it?"
(3) Agatha:
"A whole encampment. Just lovely."
whispering to Kha, any saves? don't have the book on hand
(18) Kha (whispering):
No, it isnt normaly used in this manner it is normaly used to suround one or two people no noone else can hear them, I just using it creativly
** (3) Agatha grins at Kha. "He was supposed to be your replacement. We were quite happy with the trade." **
whispering to Kha, k
** (10) Git rides on, asking curiously, "Would you mind if I ask what your duty was in Alindal-en? You said you're trained to use the portal, but at the same time your superiors didn't listen to you." **
(16) Norfirion:
"Yes I would mind."
whispering to Norfirion, you can't hear yourself for some reason. you can hear everyone else around you though.
(1) DM:
((strike Norf's comment))
** (16) Norfirion looks confused for a moment then studies his surroundings while thinking. **
(16) Norfirion (whispering):
spellcraft check [1d20+14] -> [2,14] = (16)
(18) Kha:
"Did my question confuse you?"
(16) Norfirion (whispering):
can i tell if im under some kinda magical affect?
** (16) Norfirion shakes his head no. **
(18) Kha:
"No answer then?"
** (16) Norfirion doesnt reply. **
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
We were in...the sla-mori because Valin had answered the call to go to the front. The knights of the one who rules the land around our ancient forest have need of our aid in the battles to the east.
whispering to Norfirion, you're not sure what occurred
whispering to Norfirion, magicka of a different type than you've ever experienced
whispering to Norfirion, yes, but not sure what occurred
(16) Norfirion (whispering):
try speaking again
** (12) Sarrim has a slight coughing spasm. **
(10) Git:
"You mean in Damrosil?"
whispering to Norfirion, you can't hear yourself
(18) Kha:
I know what you think of me Agatha, It was revealed to me durring my test, and I actualy agree with what you think" **Grins**
** (16) Norfirion reaches down and writes into the dirt "I lost my voice?" **
** (16) Norfirion seems to be growing annoyed and somewhat angry. **
(18) Kha:
"Ok if you wont answer that question Norf, will you answer any others?"
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
We were to arrive on the border and then double back and rejoin a group of knights and soldiers near a place called Wintershivven.
** (3) Agatha gives Kha a queer look. "O...kay..." **
(10) Git:
"Eh?" :leans back toward Kha to inquire: "Did you get what I think of you?"
** (18) Kha tries to keep a strait face but not very succsessfuly **
(18) Kha:
"Yes Git I did"
** (3) Agatha mentally reproaches herself for speaking to Kha. **
(12) Sarrim:
"So how will we know what the Sla-Mori looks like?
(10) Git: :To
Kha: "Good, then you'll know to shut yer trap and stop showing off. And don't pick on the newbie"
(18) Kha:
"Interesting, something along the lines of Flashy, secrative, and pompus"
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
(smiles)
** (18) Kha shakes his head and releases his consentration on Norf **
** (16) Norfirion throws his hands up in the air and walks off. **
** (12) Sarrim raises an eyebrow at Halthala. **
(1) DM:
Her smile is radiant and catches you off guard. It's as if she is remembering a long lost memory.
** (16) Norfirion turns around a beams a vengeful stare at Kha. **
** (10) Git turns back to Halthala after mouthing off, "Yeah, I get all gushy after yelling at him too" **
(12) Sarrim:
(Norf...Just FYI...We're riding horses right now...)
(16) Norfirion:
(didnt know i had a horse)
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
You will see a tree...but not just any tree. A large...I believe the words you would use are extraordinarily massive...an extraordinarily massive tree that contains the entrance to a tomb of a fallen warrior. Through the tomb, is the entrance to Alindal-en.
(18) Kha:
"You can talk now Norf. Sorry though it was funny, since you were trying to show off your intelect and didnt know what you were talking about."
(12) Sarrim:
(Ohhh yah...The Dwarf, my bad, hehe)
(10) Git:
(they gave us horses before leaving Tolmara)
(12) Sarrim:
(No, no...He gave his horse up for Vrondard, I think)
(10) Git:
(he did?)
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
I think this is a spell that was placed here, for no tree exists that could be that large. (smiles slightly)
(12) Sarrim:
"Interesting...Who made these things? Your people?"
** (1) Halthala Mithaleil nods slowly. **
(10) Git:
"Right.. big tree... gotcha"
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
These were made of old, a long time ago.
(18) Kha:
"You didnt like my little joke Norfirion?"
(12) Sarrim:
"Ah...Yes...I'm sorry...A little absent right now."
(19) Sir Ivan Cromwell (whispering):
thanks for letting me lurk,looks like a good game you got going
(16) Norfirion (whispering):
Cast blindness on Kha, Fort save DC17
(1) DM:
(fast forwarding)
(12) Sarrim:
(Zoom zoom)
whispering to Sir Ivan Cromwell, np. I have an opening btw, if you're interested, so stick around
(12) Sarrim:
(Zoom zoom zoom....Hey, ya, Zoom zoom zoooom zoom zoom zoom zooooom)
(18) Kha:
"So Mister Talking Flail of Ra, do you only speak when people are trying to sleep, or can you answer questions as well?"
** (16) Norfirion fires off an arcane word in response to Kha's question. "Unless you wish to invite hostilities I'd advise you not to do that again. I'm not a forgetfull person, and I'm very patient I might add." **
(1) DM:
Midway through your journey, around dawnebb rising nine (OOC: 3 pm), you're trotting along on a forest trail to the alleged sla-mori, when you hear a rustling in the bushes up ahead.
whispering to Kha, send me a mini node if you can
** (12) Sarrim cuts off and slowly eases his blade in his sheathe. **
(10) Git:
"I don't believe it hears, Kha, just rambles. And Norf.... ignore tthe idiot"
whispering to Kha, lost my info when I reformatted my hard drive
(18) Kha (whispering):
ok, one sec gota find it :)
** (10) Git reaches under his jacket for a dagger as he eyes the bush **
whispering to Norfirion, just saw your spell lol
whispering to Norfirion, in the future, send me an IM on yahoo
(2) Vrondard:
"gar.. food or foe o'er there?"
(16) Norfirion (whispering):
ah ok
whispering to Kha, Fort save btw
** (12) Sarrim calls out. "You've made enough noise to wake the dead. Show yourself, and your intents, and we shall not harm you." **
(18) Kha has sent you a tree node...
whispering to Kha, that was when Norf threatened you earlier
** (12) Sarrim coughs. **
(18) Kha:
Fortitude save: [1d20+8] -> [9,8] = (17)
whispering to Kha, no, not that node. a node which contains minis I can use for combats
whispering to Kha, been using minis from the web and I don't like those
whispering to Norfirion, saved
(3) Agatha:
"The road has been quiet so far. It's probably just our supper."
(18) Kha (whispering):
Oh umm, dont have one set up ATM :(
whispering to Kha, no effect
whispering to Kha, ok
(18) Kha (whispering):
would have to search around for one
(1) DM:
(load your minis)
(10) Git:
(spot/listen for anything else around which might be decoyed by the bush)
(10) Git:
Spot Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [4,6] = (10)
(10) Git:
Listen Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [13,7] = (20)
(16) Norfirion:
"Magic isn't something that should be tossed around at one's amusement."
** (12) Sarrim conversationally. "It isn't, but it has a use now. If you please, torch the bush." **
** (16) Norfirion slips his hands into his pouch and eyes the surrounding carefully. **
** (12) Sarrim calls out. "You have one more chance. Show yourself, or regret it." **
whispering to Git, nothing...(spot)
(18) Kha:
"Arcane magic I agree, but what ever type of magic it is that I have I can use how I see fit. and I saw fit to use it as a joke, you tried to harm, though what you did had no effect."
whispering to Git, grunts and groans
(16) Norfirion:
"Unless you want to burn, show yourself as he said."
(10) Git (whispering):
grunts and groans from the bush or around us?
** (12) Sarrim shrugs, and turns to the magickers. **
(16) Norfirion:
"Harm? Pfttt, a fool you are. I'll not waste any more time on you. Don't speak to me."
(16) Norfirion:
"Any throw your tricks in my direction again and we'll have a serious problem"
(16) Norfirion:
(and)
(16) Norfirion:
(damn typos)
** (12) Sarrim glowers irratably. **
** (18) Kha hops off his horse **
(12) Sarrim:
"Please...Just...Torch...The...Bush..."
(16) Norfirion:
"It could just be an animal or something."
(12) Sarrim:
"It could, and if it is, it's lunch."
** (18) Kha finds a place to tie the horse and moves into the wood tword the sound **
(12) Sarrim:
"By the Gods...Alright...Just ride through. If it is an animal, we'll scare it away, if it isn't, we can hopefully...Or...Not..."
(12) Sarrim:
"Kha, you've just gotten back with us. Don't kill yourself."
(18) Kha:
"Your all just siting here yelling at the noise so I'll go see what it is"
(10) Git:
"Eh... he'll be fine." :begins riding past the bush casually to continue on without Kha.:
** (12) Sarrim throws up his hands. **
** (16) Norfirion follows Git. **
(10) Git (whispering):
pickpocke to palm a dagger ready to throw
(10) Git:
Pick Pocket Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [1,10] = (11)
(1) DM:
As the bushes part, out charge a ragged group of orcs in a rough cluster formation. (Init)
(12) Sarrim:
(Ouch)
(12) Sarrim:
[1d20] -> [12] = (12)
(16) Norfirion:
Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
(10) Git:
[1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
(18) Kha:
INIT: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
(3) Agatha:
[1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17)
(2) Vrondard:
Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12)
(1) DM:
(Eight orcs, in leather and studded leather armor, with battle axes, short swords and spears.) (not all armed as such, have a variety of weapons.) (some have shields, others don't.)
(18) Kha:
((Guess I was still tying the horse :P ))
(18) Kha:
"Orc's Kill em Vrondard"
(2) Vrondard:
"arrg... gladly"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
(10) Git:
(phew... luckily according to the map they're about 30' from us at another trail)
(10) Git:
(doh)
(1) DM:
(btw, Halthala isn't really very well armed...she has only the longsword she arrived with, along with a leather buckler. she's wearing leather armor.)
(1) DM:
(that IS the trail.)
(12) Sarrim:
(Before I moved the minis, DM, :P )
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [1] = (1)
(1) DM:
(17, Agatha)
(2) Vrondard:
((assuming we are still on the horses?))
(10) Git:
(mounted combat... too bad no one brought a lance)
(3) Agatha:
"Norfirion, Git! Keep Sarrim and Halthala safe. The rest of us, charge!"
(10) Git:
(and I suppose these aren't warhorses...)
** (3) Agatha leaps off her horse and draws her axe. **
(18) Kha:
((I have a spear, though I am the only one who was smart enough to dismount :P ))
(16) Norfirion:
(fighting on horseback is a GOOD thing)
(10) Git:
(you were about to trek off alone into the bushes alone to eight angry orcs. how smart's that?)
(10) Git:
(not if it's plain horses)
(18) Kha:
((I woulda won easy :P ))
(3) Agatha:
((I can't ride worth shit. Fighting on horseback would require checks like crazy.))
(18) Kha:
((My class prevents me from fighting from horse back anyways))
(1) DM:
((yes))
(3) Agatha:
((Besides, I believe Halthala was riding with me.))
(1) DM:
((they're not warhorses))
(1) DM:
((k))
(10) Git:
(crap, we need a ride check to safely dismount or is that a given?)
(1) DM:
((I really need a reliable source of minis, these web minis aren't going to cut it.))
(1) DM:
((a ride check is needed.))
(3) Agatha:
((If I'm right in assuming that dismounting and drawing my weapon takes up all my actions, then I'm done.))
(1) DM:
((yes))
(1) DM:
(15, Git)
(1) DM:
(the orcs are going last, don't worry. I rolled a 1. :) )
(12) Sarrim:
:)
** (10) Git curses in elven and hops down from his mount, and straightens himself to toss a dagger at orc6 **
(2) Vrondard (exit): 02:00
(10) Git:
Dagger(thrown) Attack Roll: [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25)===> DMG: [1d4+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
(10) Git:
Ride Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
(1) DM:
(k)
(10) Git:
(ride check if applicable)
(1) DM:
(hit of course)
(1) DM:
(lightly wounded)
(20) Vrondard (enter): 02:02
(10) Git:
(-2 for range though I doubt it matters)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (20) Vrondard...
(1) DM:
(Norf, 13)
** (1) Halthala Mithaleil delays **
(3) Agatha:
((how many have bows?))
** (10) Git inquires jovially to Sam, "You still want them for dinner?" **
(1) DM:
((spears you mean.))
(12) Sarrim:
"In a nice red wine, sauce, Git!"
(16) Norfirion:
Casts Flaming Sphere, begins infront of Orc 5 then moves into his square inflicting 2d6 fire dmg, reflex save for 0 dmg DC 18
(1) DM:
(3 have spears, 2 have battle axes and 3 have short swords. All have daggers. 5 have shields.)
(1) DM:
(k)
(3) Agatha:
((rock on))
(16) Norfirion:
then moves back using his mounts move action for his move, going straight back its full speed
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
(1) DM:
(made)
(16) Norfirion:
(damnit jim)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [9] = (9)
(16) Norfirion:
done then
(1) DM:
(12, Vrondard)
(16) Norfirion:
(how far can the mount move?)
** (20) Vrondard tries to fast dismount [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9) (vs DC 20) off of his horse "howdya git off this durn thing" **
(18) Kha (whispering):
just a note about the way I used the Circle of Silence, that would not substatute a silence spell for preventing a mage from casting since the sound is still made just does not move past the area affected by the circle.
** (20) Vrondard takes a bit of time to get off and then moves forward... getting his shield out **
(20) Vrondard:
(dodge on #2) done
(10) Git:
"Try falling, you're good at that"
(1) DM:
60'.
(1) DM:
(k)
(1) DM:
(12, Sarrim)
** (12) Sarrim calls in almost a melodic voice, "The smith's arms, the weaver's hands, Tammara I beg you, protect my allies from harm, and grant them the skill of Heroes, and the courage of the Crowned Man." (Bless) **
whispering to Kha, yep
(1) DM:
(k)
(1) DM:
(7, Kha)
** (18) Kha Consentrates a moment drawing the power threw Vontaros and into himself **
** (18) Kha is suddenly holding a short spear engulfed in flames **
(18) Kha (whispering):
Firey Weapon Level 4. Weapons DMG 2d12. cast as level 4 using a level 2 slot slots left. Tied off will last 40 hours or untill I release it
** (1) Halthala Mithaleil tries to dismount swiftly and engage... **
(21) Korad (enter): 02:09
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [2] = (2)
** (1) Halthala Mithaleil instead falls to the ground from her mount and quickly picks herself up, dodging a blow from (#1) **
whispering to Kha, k
(10) Git:
(what's she doing all the way up near #1?)
(1) DM:
(the orcs..., on 1. heheh.)
(1) DM:
(wasn't she on Ari's mount?)
(10) Git:
(you said she couldn't be so she was riding with Aggy I thought?)
(22) Korad (enter): 02:11
(3) Agatha:
((Either mine or Ari's. Which is it?))
(1) DM:
(well if she's not on Ari's mount, then she's with Ag, so strike that)
(1) DM:
(she's with Ag)
(1) DM:
(that's #6 then)
(21) Korad (exit): 02:12
(22) Korad (exit): 02:13
(22) Korad (enter): 02:13
whispering to TaliesinNYC, -[1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8), [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21), [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13), [1d20+1] -> [16,1] = (17), [1d20+1] -> [2,1] = (3), [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19), [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4), [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
(10) Git:
:seeing Halthala preparing to fight, "Are you simple minded, girl, we just told you to stay to the back with Sarrim!"
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
I am a warrior of my people, and I shall not hide against these vermin!
(3) Agatha:
"Of all the infernal...Halthala, get back here!"
(3) Agatha:
"But you're the only one who knows the way!"
** (1) Halthala Mithaleil snaps back to reality... **
(10) Git:
"You're still feeling the effects of the eyeless wonder, and if you die we lose our guide. Plan ahead your priorities, and do it to the back of the line, please."
(1) Halthala Mithaleil:
(nods)
(20) Vrondard:
"these vermin won't be around too much longer... so don't think yer be needing to help out... our axes be knockin em down"
(1) DM:
(one on Vron...(miss from dodge)), (one on Hal (AC 21 (and threat)), (orc3 fires off a dagger at Git and hits AC 13), the rest delay
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [Bad dice format] - [1d20=3]
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
(3) Agatha:
"Aye, but why talk when you can demonstrate?"
(1) DM:
(normal damage)
(10) Git:
(hits me or rolled an AC 13?)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d12+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
(1) DM:
(it hit AC 13. the damage is for Hal.)
(10) Git:
(eh? did I get hit or not?)
(1) DM:
(Hal is lightly wounded)
(18) Kha:
((Only if you have less then 13AC))
(1) DM:
(only you know your AC, only you can tell me if it hit you or not. it hit AC 13.)
(10) Git:
(nope, AC 16)
(1) DM:
(k)
(1) DM:
(17, Agatha)
whispering to Git, this is how I've been running combat, nothing has changed...
(10) Git:
(just confused me with that hits AND AC 13)
(22) Korad (exit): 02:21
(1) DM:
(I don't understand what's so confusing about that statement.)
(1) DM:
(Kha understood it.)
** (3) Agatha lets out an intimidating roar as she swings her axe at the nearest orc. ((orc6)) **
(10) Git:
(only threw one dagger, and 13 don't hit me so I was wondering what hit)
(3) Agatha:
[1d20+10] -> [5,10] = (15)
(10) Git:
(nevermind)
(1) DM:
(hit)
(3) Agatha:
[1d12+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
(1) DM:
You cleave the orc in one blow, splitting it in twain.
(1) DM:
(15, Git)
(10) Git:
(is it tree cover off to the side of the road?)
(3) Agatha:
((don't suppose I could pull off a cleave feat?))
(1) DM:
((yes))
(1) DM:
((yes to tree cover))
(1) DM:
((yes to cleave))
(1) DM:
((orc4 flees up the road. AOO if applicable.))
** (3) Agatha then thrashes at another in an upward motion. ((orc3)) **
** (10) Git grabs up his bow and arrow and head down into the trees seeking out a good place to hide (move south east and hide) **
(3) Agatha:
[1d20+10] -> [6,10] = (16)
(10) Git:
Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23)
(1) DM:
(k on Hide.)
(1) DM:
(hit.)
(3) Agatha:
[1d12+7] -> [7,7] = (14)
(3) Agatha:
"One's running off! Someone stop it!"
(1) DM:
((not sure if people caught it from before but in a comment that Halthala made offhand, she hints that she's jumping at the chance to kill some orcs.)
(10) Git:
(range for an aoo shot at orc4?)
(1) DM:
((course that was when we were switching servers so it may have been lost.))
(1) DM:
(each square is 5'.)
(3) Agatha:
((noted. We're also jumping at the chance to see her set our portal))
(20) Vrondard (whispering):
shouldnt be an AOO...
(1) DM:
(its in the log, so you'll see it later.)
whispering to Vrondard, I said if applicable.
(20) Vrondard:
((aoo's are for melee weapons only... no shot will ever apply))
(1) DM:
(I said AOO if applicable. not an AOO.)
(10) Git:
(I know it blurted)
(3) Agatha:
((oh. well how's orc3 then?))
(1) DM:
(dead as a doorknob?)
(20) Vrondard:
((about that))
(1) DM:
(12, Vrondard)
** (20) Vrondard thrashes #2 **
(20) Vrondard:
Dwarven Waraxe Attack vs Goblins/Orcs:
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+4+4+1+1+1] -> [8,4,4,1,1,1] = (19) Critical on Natural 20
(3) Agatha:
((definitely can't pull off great cleave. pity))
(20) Vrondard:
Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [9,4,1] = (14) damage
(1) DM:
((I feel for you. :) ))
(1) DM:
(and another one bites the dust.)
(16) Norfirion:
(did my action get skipped?)
(1) DM:
(Norf, go.)
(20) Vrondard:
(done - dodge on #5)
(16) Norfirion:
Spend a move action to roll the sphere into orc4's square. 2d6 fire, reflex save for none, DC18
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [13] = (13)
(1) DM:
(failed)
(3) Agatha:
(in rough orcish) "No shame in surrender, but run and you die!"
(1) DM:
The orcs glance at one another in fear, and press on (except for the one who fled)
(16) Norfirion:
(done for me)
(1) DM:
(damage?)
(16) Norfirion:
(doh lol)
(16) Norfirion:
[2d6] -> [5,1] = (6)
(1) DM:
(critically wounded)
(16) Norfirion:
(got so use to everything passing its save... :-p)
(1) DM:
(12, Sarrim)
(12) Sarrim:
"The greenblood coward is MINE!" *Draws sword and charges after the fleeing orc.*
** (1) Halthala Mithaleil backs away **
(1) DM:
You see that its running blindly in a generally southeastern direction. It's fumbling at its belt for a horn strapped to its side.
** (12) Sarrim edges his horse on, and prepares to either run it down or leap on him. **
whispering to Sarrim, ride check then
(12) Sarrim:
Skills: Ride: [1d20+7] -> [19,7] = (26)
(3) Agatha:
((Dude, AOO's ))
(12) Sarrim:
(Hehe, she has a point)
(1) DM:
(Orc5 takes a swing at Sarrim, as does Orc7)
(12) Sarrim:
(If I charge a straight line, I go through Orc5's AOO
(12) Sarrim:
And Orc 7's, I think)
(12) Sarrim:
(Nm)
(3) Agatha:
(Yup, and they flank))
(1) DM:
(Orc5 with its spear and Orc7 with its short sword. Orc7 tries to maim your mount)
(12) Sarrim:
(Fun)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [11,1] = (12)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
(1) DM:
They both miss however.
** (12) Sarrim howls at the orc and raises his sword, ready to run it down and cleave it 'twain. **
(16) Norfirion:
(thats correct Sarrim, 2 AoOs for that parh)
(12) Sarrim:
(Sooooo....Do I get an attack, or what?)
(1) DM:
(waiting for you to roll.)
(12) Sarrim:
Whoops
(12) Sarrim:
[1d20+6] -> [20,6] = (26)
(12) Sarrim:
Holy shit
(12) Sarrim:
Roll for threat: [1d20+6] -> [20,6] = (26)
(1) DM:
(I'd say that's a hit. roll to see if crit.)
(12) Sarrim:
HOLY SHIT
(10) Git:
(worth the wait... too bad you wasted it on the wounded one)
(1) DM:
(heh.)
(12) Sarrim:
[1d6] -> [2] = (2)
(12) Sarrim:
Awww
(18) Kha:
((Wow you actualy hit something with your damn pumpkin sword :P ))
(12) Sarrim:
(Lol, indeed, I never hit with this sucker)
(18) Kha:
((wouldnt it be 2d6 ?
(3) Agatha:
((roll d20 to confirm crit))
(12) Sarrim:
(I did)
(12) Sarrim:
(2 20's)
(10) Git:
(the impossible made possible)
(12) Sarrim:
(For the sake of drama, could we raise the damage to a somewhat more manly number?)
(1) DM:
(isn't this with your sparksword? that's not accurate.)
(12) Sarrim:
(like a...5?)
(10) Git:
(like 3?)
(3) Agatha:
((What the...un-frickin'-belieable))
(12) Sarrim:
(What do you mean? 1d6+1 for magical, no strength, 1 strength penalty
(1) DM:
(the node says d6+4.)
(12) Sarrim:
(It does, but only when I have my strength)
(1) DM:
(k)
(12) Sarrim:
(Pleeease can it be a 5?)
(12) Sarrim:
(I just wanna slay one orc!)
(16) Norfirion:
lol
(1) DM:
(well it dies.)
(10) Git:
(and the dream became reality)
(3) Agatha:
((oh good, you didn't have to blow a karma point))
(1) DM:
((lol))
(12) Sarrim:
(GET UP! GET ON UP! GET UP! GET ON UP! AND DANCE! :D-|-< :D-/-< :D-\-< )
(12) Sarrim:
(Awww, it cut off, :( )
(1) DM:
(Kha, 7)
** (18) Kha slides past Vrondard to the orc in the back(Orc1) and quickly attempts to stab his flaming spear threw the beasts head **
(3) Agatha:
"Hmph. Showoff"
(18) Kha:
Spear of Fire Attack Roll: [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25)===> DMG: [2d12+4] -> [3,11,4] = (18)
(10) Git:
(now there's the kind of omnipotence I've come to expect ^_^)
(12) Sarrim:
(Thanks Git...But I feel quite masculine...With my pumpkin sword. Thank you very much)
(1) DM:
As expected, the orc burns to death, immolated by Kha's spear.
(3) Agatha:
((...the hell? Who's supposed to the tank here?))
** (18) Kha chokes on burning Orc smoke **
(10) Git:
(well heck, your 2 20's was much more impressive. Still, ashame to waste em like that and all. Couldn't you think before you roll?)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12), [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22), [1d20+1] -> [19,1] = (20)
(12) Sarrim:
(I hate you)
(18) Kha:
((haha))
(10) Git:
( ^_ ^ )
(1) DM:
(Orc8 misses Agatha, Orc7 pounces on Vron (threat) and Orc5 does the same (threat))
(12) Sarrim:
(Jeez)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19), [1d20+1] -> [7,1] = (8)
(1) DM:
(even DMs can roll double 20s. :) )
(1) DM:
(normal damage though. :) )
(12) Sarrim:
(Hehe)
(1) DM:
(sword and spear.)
(20) Vrondard:
"why you sons of orcs...arggg!"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [Bad dice format] - [1d6=2]
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
(1) DM:
(take 11)
(1) DM:
(17, Agatha)
(1) DM:
(round 3...btw)
(18) Kha:
"Come join the fun Halthala, just dont let them kill you so we lose our guide"
(1) DM:
(stopping at 3:30 b/c ppl were late and b/c of server problems.)
(10) Git:
(don't encourage!)
(12) Sarrim:
(Awesome)
(1) Halthala:
If I had a bow or my sling, I would...
** (3) Agatha not wanting to be outdone, dashes past her annoyance to Vrondard's assailants. **
(3) Agatha:
((bring on the AOO's))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
(1) DM:
(threat. :) )
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
(1) DM:
(normal damage)
(12) Sarrim:
(Evil DM)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
(3) Agatha:
;-P
(1) DM:
(3 dmg)
(12) Sarrim:
(Not-so evil DM. Hell, even Git wouldn't feel that)
(3) Agatha:
[1d20+10] -> [7,10] = (17)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [11,1] = (12)
(1) DM:
(orc8 misses)
(10) Git:
(feel it and not like it)
(3) Agatha:
[1d12+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
(1) DM:
(dmg?)
(12) Sarrim:
(18)
(1) DM:
(dies)
(10) Git:
(that would be the 18, believe it or not)
** (3) Agatha then reverses back on her old dancing partner. ((cleave on orc8)) **
(1) DM:
(!5, Git)
(1) DM:
(nm)
(12) Sarrim:
(Skewered like a fox)
(3) Agatha:
[1d20+10] -> [12,10] = (22)
(1) DM:
(yep)
(3) Agatha:
[1d12+7] -> [5,7] = (12)
** (10) Git snipes from his hiding spot at orc8 before it can take another shot at Aggy from behind **
(10) Git:
Shortbow(sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+7] -> [19,7] = (26)===> DMG: [1d6+2d6+0] -> [4,1,5,0] = (10)
(10) Git:
(-3; melee, bless= 23)
(1) DM:
((k)
(1) DM:
(dies)
(12) Sarrim:
Agatha wins. Fatality.
** (20) Vrondard decides to hack apart... but sees nothing **
(20) Vrondard:
"blooming hells.. I got nothing to whack on!"
(3) Agatha:
"Hmph. That wasn't so bad."
(20) Vrondard:
"yer dun killed em before I could"
** (12) Sarrim wipes the blood off on the ork and walks his horse back to the group. **
** (18) Kha trots back to Halthala and removes his bow and hands it to her. "Try this one. I have some arrows as well if you can draw it." (Requires 14Str or better) **
(18) Kha:
"I will want it back though when we part company, I spent good money on it"
** (1) Halthala draws it, but just barely. **
(1) Halthala:
Very well, and my thanks.
** (18) Kha removes his quiver and hands it to her **
** (12) Sarrim looks on his companions with glinting eyes. "It will take more than the venom of a giant scorpion to stop me. **
** (3) Agatha approaches Sarrim and beckons him to bend down to her. **
** (10) Git retrieves his dagger from the first orc he threw it at and goes about checking the bodies for 'clues'. Pocket change can be very suspicious **
** (12) Sarrim leans down by Agatha. **
(12) Sarrim:
"Hmm?"
** (3) Agatha smacks Sarrim hard over the head. "Don't ever do that again!" **
** (10) Git calls back toward Halthala as he scours the orc corpses, "Any of these buggers look familiar, lass?" **
** (16) Norfirion remains silent atop his mount and waits. **
** (12) Sarrim winces and holds his hands up defensively. **
** (18) Kha moves back and un ties his horse and starts walking it down the road "Wonder what the Orc who was trying to run was going to call with his Horn" **
(20) Vrondard:
"I got hit twice... unbelieveable"
(3) Agatha:
"You're injured, poisoned, and can barely hold a sword. What the bloody hell were you thinking?"
(10) Git: :to
Kha: "Whatever it is is down that road, so forget going that way"
(12) Sarrim:
"More of them, likely."
whispering to Sarrim, your Strength will come back eventually. requires a day of rest, not running around. :)
(18) Kha:
"He was weilding the sword mighty well from where I was standing"
whispering to Git, ok, hold a sec
(12) Sarrim (whispering):
Nah, I know. 1 per day of normal activity, 2 for full days rest, hehe
(23) John (enter):
03:05
(18) Kha:
"You want to turn back and go the other way then?"
(1) Halthala:
No....wait...this one over here. (Orc5)
(10) Git:
"No... just not that way"
(1) Halthala:
I recognize it because it has a twisted upper lip.
(12) Sarrim (whispering):
Ohhh...Wait...Noooope...It's 1 per day of full rest
** (10) Git looks up to Halthala. "So these are the ones who attacked you and yours. Good." **
** (18) Kha shugs "I figure blow the horn when we get a ways down the road and set and ambush for more orc's, move further down and do it again untill all the orcs are dead, or stop coming to the horn" **
(23) John (exit): 03:07
(23) John (enter): 03:07
(23) John (exit): 03:08
(20) Vrondard:
"horn could be an alarm to defend not come and fight"
(3) Agatha:
"Just minutes ago you had a coughing fit. Now you're jumping over orcs on white horses. You're only going to work your way to a VERY early grave that way."
(10) Git:
"For all you know that horn calls down a horde ogres, so lets not be stupid"
(10) Git:
(what's engraved on the horn?)
(12) Sarrim:
"We couldn't let it sound its horn...It was going to call for allies."
whispering to Git, orcish runes
(1) DM:
orcish runes.
** (10) Git eyes the horn curiously, asking others "Hey ... anyone read orcish?" **
** (18) Kha moves over and looks at the horn **
(18) Kha:
"I do"
(18) Kha:
"Though I dont speak it"
(10) Git (whispering):
the daggers in good condition?
(3) Agatha:
((lag check 3:07am est))
(12) Sarrim (whispering):
Detect evil, if I might...To see if there's anything particularly malignant about the horn.
whispering to Git, tarnished but good
(1) DM:
(I know)
(18) Kha:
((3:11 recived by my clock))
whispering to Sarrim, yes, slightly
** (16) Norfirion scans the area with a paranoid look on his face while the others chat. **
** (10) Git hands over the horn, replying, "That makes sense. Orcs are notorioulsy more literate than vocal" **
(3) Agatha:
((just checking to see if I was lagging and if so how bad.))
(18) Kha:
((Not bad if you got my reply and replied again in less then a min by my clock :P))
(12) Sarrim:
"There's something nasty about that horn...Dark magicks, I'd guess."
(1) Halthala:
We are an hour away from the sla-mori.
(18) Kha:
"I can read it but not speak due to the helm I wear, it lets me understand all languages, but not speak them"
(1) Halthala:
I suggest leaving our mounts as there are apt to be more orckin in this area.
** (10) Git takes up the daggers of the dead and the coins till later to split it **
whispering to Kha, the horn is enchanted to carry a message over long distances.
(3) Agatha:
"Don't you try to ignore me. You ever try an idiotic stunt like that again and I'll cut you down myself!
whispering to Kha, it has a limited number of uses and can only function if the user speaks orcish.
(10) Git:
"Helmet.. talking spear..." :shakes head: "where do you get this stuff?"
(12) Sarrim:
"Agatha...I know you care...But....Ah, Light, but I had feeling weak.."
(18) Kha:
"The runes make it so the sound carries much further then normal, though it only works if you speak orcish"
** (10) Git heads over to retrieve his sack o' loot from his horse. "Damn... this is gonna be aburden..." **
(18) Kha:
"I got the helmet from the Kings Armory"
(12) Sarrim:
"I can't believe you would loot these vile corpses..."
** (16) Norfirion chuckles at Git's comment. **
(10) Git:
:to sam: "Why not? they aren't using them?"
** (18) Kha tosses the Horn back on the ground "No use to me" **
(12) Sarrim:
"It just...It just feels dirtying."
** (16) Norfirion walks over to where the horn is laying on the ground and casts detect magic, scanning it for any magical aura. **
(10) Git:
"Says the man with possible scorpion larvae in his stirnum..."
** (12) Sarrim glares at Git. **
whispering to Norfirion, magical. transmutation.
** (10) Git grins back **
** (3) Agatha stands there fuming for a moment before storming off to her horse, chucking her axe at a corpse on the way. **
** (16) Norfirion picks the horn up and and stashes it away in his pouch. **
(16) Norfirion:
"I'll have a closer look at this later."
(18) Kha:
"Norfirion I just said what the Horn was enchanted to do."
(12) Sarrim:
"Aggie..."
(3) Agatha:
"..fjhohfsa stupid would be heroes hdoihoaoid..."
** (12) Sarrim sighs. **
(10) Git:
:lugging his sack to bear, "Alright, we'll head out on foot from here. Best to keep off the main road. Everyone ready?"
(20) Vrondard:
"yeah lets get onward for now"
** (18) Kha glances over at Agatha and Sarrim arguing **
(16) Norfirion:
"Nonetheless, magic is magic."
(1) DM:
(marching order please)
(18) Kha:
"Ya, I dont speak orcish so can use it though, guess you might be able to pawn it off on someone if you need money"
(12) Sarrim:
(To try and please Agatha, I'll take last)
(10) Git:
:to Kha: "There's a market for things like that for the right interest collector"
(16) Norfirion:
"Something simply to study. One of the best ways to learn how to craft something, is by taking something else apart."
** (3) Agatha picks up her axe from her horse. "Aye, aye. The sooner we go marching into trouble the better." **
** (1) Halthala bends down to the ground, listening, then gets up and peers closely around her. **
(18) Kha:
((Agy, Vrond, me, Git, Norf, Hal, Sarr))
(20) Vrondard:
(agatha, vron, kha, git sarrim hal)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25)
(18) Kha:
"Study I understand"
(1) Halthala:
There are a three or four groups of orckin in this area, each within the same distance as our location and the sla-mori. This is as much as I can tell for now. The land is disturbed by the passage of undead as well.
(16) Norfirion:
"Great"
(1) DM:
Her tone is slightly changed as she walks on...more businesslike, less fearful. The addition of Kha's bow may have increased her confidence as well as her sense of security.
(18) Kha:
"How far are the orcs, and does it seem like they are surounding us?"
(1) Halthala:
I am unable to determine...for now.
(1) Halthala:
They are spread out, as much as I can tell.
(10) Git (whispering):
btw, I'm carrying the bronze coffer w/ vellum and leather pouch(what was in there?) and spinnels from the ogre stuff in my personal effects. Int he sack is just the pelts, dinnerware and shield
whispering to Git, arcane spell components (leather pouch)
(1) DM:
(and on that note...unless people feel like playing some more...we'll stop)
(12) Sarrim:
(I have work tommorrow, so I can't, :( )
(10) Git (whispering):
give the leather pouch to Norf then
(1) DM:
(k)
(18) Kha:
"Ok, well I say we stay on the road. Maybe have Git and Hal scout ahead on each side of the road to spot the Orc's before they see us."
(3) Agatha:
((ditto))


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms