Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
3 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
3 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Tolmara Logs
LobbyMessage.html

(4395) DM: center is the remains of the scorpion, debris in the rear of the tower and some boulders.
(4405) Vrondard: (and then Dev II got all crazy)
(4398) Agatha: I realized I was lagging after I realized it had been 5 minutes since I asked if I was lagging.
(4402) Arianrhod (exit): 22:39
(4395) DM: Map is to scale, btw. each square = 10;
** (4405) Vrondard would have attacked or taunted (attacked is more like it) **
(4409) Jade (enter): 22:39
(4409) Jade (exit): 22:39
(4395) DM: (k, so roll)
(4405) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+4+4+1+1] -> [14,4,4,1,1] = (24) Critical on Natural 20
(4404) Norfirion (exit): 22:40
(4398) Agatha: ((Stan, were you able to get my actions?"
(4399) Git: (.... what map?)
(4405) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+4+1] -> [8,4,1] = (13) damage
(4405) Vrondard: "gar I gotchu now!"
(4405) Vrondard: (you will see the map)
whispering to Vrondard, send me a node with your PC on it
(4399) Git: ( :kneels down and prays for the god of the map to show a vision: )
(4405) Vrondard has sent you a tree node...
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
whispering to Vrondard, you hear a noise above you
(4412) Arianrhod (enter): 22:41
** (4405) Vrondard relishes taking a hunk off off the boulder throwing brute **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (4412) Arianrhod...
(4405) Vrondard: "huh?"
** (4405) Vrondard glances up after his attack **
(4398) Agatha (whispering): Did you get my attack?
** (4412) Arianrhod relishes (hopefully) not being disconnnected- **
(4395) DM: The ogre howls in pain as it tries to bash Vron's head in
(4411) Elegard (enter): 22:42
(4411) Elegard (exit): 22:42
(4414) Norfirion (enter): 22:42
whispering to Agatha, no
(4399) Git: 0.o
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
(4405) Vrondard: (wb N)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (4414) Norfirion...
(4414) Norfirion: >_<
(4395) DM: (tried to hit AC 16...)
(4398) Agatha (whispering): Can I make it now, or do I wait until next round?
whispering to Agatha, go now
(4395) DM: (prob a miss)
(4405) Vrondard: (vron is AC 27)
(4395) DM: (lol)
(4395) DM: (go Ag)
(4415) Cpl Johnson Doc (enter): 22:44
** (4398) Agatha seizes her opportunity and pounces upon the ogre. **
(4405) Vrondard: (if he knows they are giants)
(4405) Vrondard: (sees them...)
(4398) Agatha: [1d20+11] -> [10,11] = (21)
(4395) DM: (well it looks too short for a giant.)
(4398) Agatha: [1d12+10] -> [2,10] = (12)
(4395) DM: (and dies)
whispering to Git, The ogre above you enters the third floor/ledge and steps off the ladder...
(4405) Vrondard: ((up to you... if they have to have nametags like "Bigtootie the Giant" so be it))
(4405) Vrondard: : )
(4415) Cpl Johnson Doc (exit): 22:45
whispering to Vrondard, you hear something heavy and weighty climbing above you
whispering to Vrondard, but can't see
** (4398) Agatha smiles gleefully and looks upward. **
(4399) Git (whispering): If I take a double move will I make it across this level and up the ladder in one turn?
(4398) Agatha: "MORE!"
whispering to Git, probably. 10' above you
(4405) Vrondard: "watch out.. somethings going to come this way me thinks..."
(4421) Cpl Johnson Doc (enter): 22:46
(4405) Vrondard: "yer about to get more Aggie"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
** (4399) Git calls back down to his comrades, "If you want more, get up here. Uglies brother is heading up stairs" **
(4412) Arianrhod (whispering): can I try to do another cure on Aggie?
whispering to Agatha, The top of the tower is shrouded in darkness even with shafts of light penetrating from holes in the walls.
whispering to Arianrhod, k
(4399) Git (whispering): moved 30' last round, so I should make it with a normal move, can I fire from here at him?
whispering to Agatha, Spot though. -2
(4425) Dinmet Thaliondil (enter): 22:47
whispering to Git, try
(4425) Dinmet Thaliondil (exit): 22:47
(4405) Vrondard: "damn they be goin the wrong ways... smart buggers!"
** (4412) Arianrhod whispers another prayer to her Goddess.... **
(4398) Agatha: ((I take it the climb took more than 2 rounds?))
whispering to Arianrhod, the luggage is climbing a ladder...
** (4412) Arianrhod reaches out toward Agatha.... **
(4412) Arianrhod: Arianrhod Cehba Sadb casts Cure Light Wounds ( level 1, "Cures 1d8 +1/level damage (max +5)" )
whispering to Agatha, yes.
** (4399) Git brings up an arrow and fires a pop shot at the dumbly fleeing ogre, before running for the ladder after him **
(4399) Git: Shortbow Attack Roll: [1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10)===> DMG: [1d6+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
(4398) Agatha: [1d20+7-2] -> [14,7,-2] = (19)
whispering to Agatha, send me a node with your PC pls
whispering to Git, miss of course
(4398) Agatha has sent you a tree node...
(4399) Git (whispering): right, reflex to make it to the ladder?
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [12,9] = (21)
(4399) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+8] -> [14,8] = (22)
whispering to Agatha, you hear lots of clanking and movement above you
whispering to Git, made it
whispering to Arianrhod, the luggage saw you and is climbing to the second floor. (besides Ag and Renly, do anyone else know of it?)
** (4399) Git yells back down over his shoulder before heading up the ladder, "Careful on the way over, the boards are loose" **
** (4395) Silver pads up to Vrondard and howls... **
(4405) Vrondard: "what up doggie?"
** (4398) Agatha struggles up the ladder, huffing and puffing. **
(4412) Arianrhod (whispering): no only Agatha knows in IC, Renly should not know except in ooc
whispering to Agatha, you bump into something unseen at the top of the ladder....or you thought you did
whispering to Arianrhod, ok
(4399) Git (whispering): btw... not trying to actually catch up with the ogre, just keeping sight of him for now.
whispering to Git, k
whispering to Git, you know its on the third floor...somewhere
(4395) Silver: (18, Norf)
(4399) Git (whispering): so... I lost sight of him then? spot check?
(4395) DM: (oops heheh)
(4398) Agatha: "Ungh! Ari, where's that pet of yours?"
** (4398) Agatha feels around the air above her. **
** (4414) Norfirion moves towards the ladder and climbs up following Agatha. **
(4395) Burly: Duh...me bash you now, humie!
** (4412) Arianrhod looks around, "which one?" **
(4412) Arianrhod: "oh, Silver? I don't know."
(4405) Vrondard: "its all angry it can't climb der ladder"
(4398) Agatha: "The annoying one!"
** (4405) Vrondard is right next to the pup **
** (4412) Arianrhod gulps... "um, what can I say it's a mind of its own." **
whispering to Git, spot then
(4399) Git: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
whispering to Git, you see arms clad in iron greaves reach out and start shaking the ladder. (Reflex)
(4399) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16)
(4427) No Name (enter): 22:56
(4395) Burly: Me Burly show you humies tac..tac...smartz like Blaze taught me!!!
whispering to Git, the ladder shakes violently, almost threatening to throw you off but you hang on
(4395) Burly: You come here and me slice you to bits!
(4395) Burly: (15, Git)
(4427) No Name (exit): 22:57
** (4399) Git groans under the ogres shaking, "Funny, ain't seeing no smarts." Pulling a dagger from inside his jacket, he leans up agains the ladder and tosses the blade fro the offending beast **
(4399) Git: Dagger(thrown) Attack Roll: [1d20+7] -> [12,7] = (19)===> DMG: [1d4+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
(4395) Burly: Owwww!!! Me Burly pay you for dat!
(4398) Agatha: "Ambitious oaf, ain't he?"
whispering to Git, the hands withdraw as soon as your dagger strikes home
(4395) Burly: (9, Agatha)
(4395) DM: (have to stop that. lol)
(4399) Git: :braces self to hop away from the ladder in an instant:
whispering to Agatha, you feel a bump from behind as you climb up
whispering to Git, continue climbing?
(4399) Git (whispering): wait to see if he retaliates before climbing
whispering to Agatha, the ladder emerges onto the second floor, and there is another ladder to the third floor, 50' away. Reflex to avoid falling through a loose floorboard.
whispering to Agatha, Git is halfway up that ladder
(4398) Agatha: Reflex Save: [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
whispering to Agatha, the floor gives way
** (4412) Arianrhod pulls out my bow. **
(4395) DM: A floorboard knocks loose from above your (Ari and Vron's heads) as Agatha falls to the ground.
(4412) Arianrhod: (feeling ever sooooo blond tonight...sorry)
** (4398) Agatha barely has time to scream as the floor board cracks and breaks beneath her. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [5] = (5)
whispering to Agatha, 5 damage
(4412) Arianrhod: Dex check: [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
(4398) Agatha: "Ahhhhhhhhhh!"
whispering to Git, doesn't retaliate
** (4414) Norfirion closes his eyes and grimaces as Agatha hits the ground. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
(4399) Git: ( :posts sign: "Caution: Falling old lady area")
whispering to Git, it seems to be nursing its wounds and making recriminations
** (4398) Agatha bounces before coming to rest. **
(4398) Agatha: "Unghhhh..."
(4399) Git: :noticing Aggy's fall, calls back while keeping watch up the ladderway: "Aggy, you alright?"
(4395) DM: (8, Vrondard)
** (4405) Vrondard puts away his axe away and was getting to the ladder... but now checks on Agatha instead "you alright Aggie?" **
(4398) Agatha: "Owww..."
** (4398) Agatha shakingly sits up. **
(4399) Git (whispering): are the floorboards from underneath spaced enough for me to climb them monkey bar style?
whispering to Git, not really. the structure is rickety,...but you could try
** (4412) Arianrhod falls to her knees beside Agatha, crying to the heavens, "Oh Great Merciful Bloodstained Goddess, hear my prayer" **
(4405) Vrondard: (done)
(4398) Agatha: "One crack....just one crack about my weight...dead.
(4412) Arianrhod: Arianrhod Cehba Sadb casts Cure Moderate Wounds ( level 3, "Cures 2d8 +1/level damage (max +10)" )
(4405) Vrondard: "har... " he laughs understanding what she is saying
(4398) Agatha: ((so how much hp is that?))
** (4399) Git smirks, "Wouldn't dream of it love" **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d8+4] -> [5,5,4] = (14)
whispering to Arianrhod, 14
(4405) Vrondard: ((the fall 1d6 for every 10' fallen))
(4395) TaliesinNYC: ./w 4414=the ladder emerges onto the second floor, and there is another ladder to the third floor, 50' away. Reflex to avoid falling through a loose floorboard. There is a hole in the floor from where Agatha fell
whispering to Norfirion, the ladder emerges onto the second floor, and there is another ladder to the third floor, 50' away. Reflex to avoid falling through a loose floorboard. There is a hole in the floor from where Agatha fell
(4395) DM: (this is DM mistake night folks)
(4412) Arianrhod: [Bad dice format] - [2d8+1/level]
(4412) Arianrhod (whispering): thank you.
(4405) Vrondard: [2d8+3] -> [4,1,3] = (8)
(4405) Vrondard: (is what you want... minus the sucky dice of course)
(4399) Git: (hehe, welcome to my world)
(4414) Norfirion: Saves: Reflex: [1d20+4+0] -> [16,4,0] = (20)
** (4414) Norfirion attempts to move across the boards and reach the other ladder. **
whispering to Norfirion, k
(4395) DM: (18, Norf)
** (4398) Agatha feels suddenly lighter from Ari's magic. **
(4414) Norfirion: (erm thought I just went?)
** (4398) Agatha looks up at the hole in amazement. "I'm gonna be feeling that tomarrow." **
(4399) Git: (Ari cast a dietary spell?)
whispering to Norfirion, just checking to see if you're doing anything besides moving
(4395) DM: (15, Git)
(4414) Norfirion: (Ray of Liposuction)
(4398) Agatha: ((lol.))
(4414) Norfirion (whispering): nope just trying to get over and up the other ladder
(4412) Arianrhod: (Git, please, if you have any life preservation skills, shut up)
(4399) Git: (norf make it to the laddder? can can I hear where the ogre is above us?)
(4399) Git: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
whispering to Git, you emerge at the top of the ladder and see a dark storeroom...where the winch contraption is in place. The ogre...if that's what it is...is wearing a suit of intricate armor and wields a bastard sword with an injured hand.
(4399) Git: (I have no sense of preservation at all)
(4412) Arianrhod: (Ari pushes Git into the ray of liposuction)
whispering to Git, it's pacing the room and muttering to itself
(4399) Git (whispering): I didn't want to go up first unless I know he's away from the ladder, Git ain't no tank.
whispering to Git, no, you can't hear. so strike that passage then
(4412) Arianrhod: brb
whispering to Git, norf is below you though
whispering to Git, you know its near the ladder, just not where
(4361) Rain (enter): 23:16
(4361) Rain (exit): 23:17
** (4399) Git climbs cautiously up the ladder, taking a peak in before appearing before the beast, hiding and dagger behind his back (ready to throw), he asks curiously , "Sorry, to bother you , but, do you need some help?" tries to sound concerned **
(4399) Git: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [1,12] = (13)
(4399) Git: (eh... didn't think it was gonna work anyway)
(4399) Git: :prepped to jump down the ladder after dagger toss and hope to grab a rung if it charges too:
(4399) Git (whispering): roll pickpocket to hide dagger? do I get sneak damage on it if I do throw?
** (4412) Arianrhod yells out to Silver, "Stay back and keep you know who back as well!" **
** (4395) Burly looks up and yells, "Me slice you to bits! You kill our pet, me make a new one!" **
(4395) Burly: (9, Ag)
whispering to Git, PP sure
whispering to Git, if you wish
(4399) Git: Pick Pocket Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [13,10] = (23)
whispering to Git, not sure, have to check
** (4412) Arianrhod wonders who's pet Burly is **
(4399) Git (whispering): well if he doesn't know the dagger's there and thus doesn't know the attack is coming, technically, I think that makes him surprised, on the other hand, he is staring me down... your call
whispering to Git, only if its within 30' and it's not within that range at this time
** (4398) Agatha takes a deep breath and then scrambles up the ladder. **
(4399) Git (whispering): would be if he charged me, hence the ready action
whispering to Git, unless they changed this in 3.5
(4398) Agatha: "If at first you don't succeed..."
whispering to Git, hasn't acted yet, doesn't go until 8
(4399) Git (whispering): I know... ready action, waiting to see if he attacks, or more to the point when
** (4398) Agatha makes sure to be extra careful once she gets up to the second floor. **
whispering to Git, thrown dagger counts as a ranged attack unles sI'm wrong
whispering to Agatha, k
(4395) DM: (8, Vron)
** (4405) Vrondard puts his sheild away and climbs the ladder **
whispering to Arianrhod, luggage is above you
(4395) DM: (so to recap....Git and Norf are on the second to third floor ladder, Ag and Vron are on the first to second floor ladder, k?)
(4395) DM: (8, the creature above)
(4399) Git: (and the chutes are yet to be used)
whispering to Git, charges you
(4405) Vrondard: y
(4399) Git: Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)===> DMG: [1d4+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
** (4412) Arianrhod takes her chances on the ladder next **
whispering to Git, yes, and sneak counts
** (4399) Git whips out the dagger with a flick of the rest then lets himself drop back down the ladderway **
(4395) Burly: AAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!!
(4399) Git: [2d6] -> [3,3] = (6)
whispering to Git, it's enraged now
(4399) Git: (reflex to catch the ladder?)
whispering to Git, k
(4399) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20)
whispering to Git, yes
(4395) DM: (18, Norf)
** (4399) Git grabs the ladder just before crashing through the floor, and hops down casually, turning to Norfirion, "I think he's pissed abiout something" **
(4414) Norfirion: "Is he still up there?"
(4395) DM: It's stomping about now...
(4414) Norfirion: "Here goes nothing...."
** (4399) Git looks up to the sound of the screaming above. "I'd say yes" **
(4399) Git: "Can you take the floor out from under him?"
** (4414) Norfirion ascends the latter into the room above." **
(4414) Norfirion: "No but I may have something as good."
(4414) Norfirion: "Just let me get a clear view of him."
(4399) Git: "Uh..." :watches the elf climb: "... are you sure that's a good idea?"
(4414) Norfirion: "As good as any, now watch out."
(4398) Agatha: "Keep 'im busy Git!"
** (4399) Git relaxes at the bottom of the ladder, watching, giving only a wave in reply to Aggy **
(4414) Norfirion: (is it possible to cast while on the ladder with a Concentration check?)
(4412) Arianrhod: ((I am climbing the ladder following Agatha))
whispering to Norfirion, yes
** (4412) Arianrhod gives herself a clothing check, what a day, am I wearing pants? **
(4395) DM: (yes, if you make it)
(4412) Arianrhod (whispering): was that yes if I make it to me?
(4414) Norfirion (whispering): I want to peak up enough to see if i can get a view of him and then cast a webspell
** (4399) Git changes mind and wants to jump down to bottom to follow up ladder after skirt wearing Ari (hehehe) **
(4395) DM: (that was a yes, Norf can cast on the ladder if he makes it)
(4399) Git: (that was OOC, don't take seriously)
whispering to Norfirion, k
whispering to Norfirion, done
(4414) Norfirion: Skill: Concentration [1d20+11] -> [3,11] = (14)
(4414) Norfirion: bah
whispering to Norfirion, well so much for that lol
(4414) Norfirion (whispering): thats it for me then.
** (4414) Norfirion curses himself. **
(4399) Git: (might make it)
whispering to Norfirion, no actually you make it
(4395) DM: (you make it. needed a 12 or higher)
(4412) Arianrhod (whispering): what the hell do I roll for a clothing check?
whispering to Arianrhod, it was a joke lol
whispering to Arianrhod, Concentration check. 3E skill. allows casters to cast while injured or distracted
(4412) Arianrhod (whispering): I know.
whispering to Arianrhod, k
(4414) Norfirion (whispering): well the are of effect is a 20ft radius, and the save is Reflex DC17
whispering to Norfirion, favorite color?
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [4] = (4)
whispering to Norfirion, failed
(4414) Norfirion (whispering): black with speckles of silver like starlight :p
(4412) Arianrhod (whispering): but the joke would be so much funnier if I could roll for one. as in 1d10?
(4462) Theldorin (enter): 23:41
(4462) Theldorin (exit): 23:41
(4395) DM: Feathery black threads that somehow glisten with silver speckles in the afternoon sunlight fill the interior of the room (visible through the hole in the ceiling) and causing the creature to cease moving as it begins thrashing about.
(4395) Burly: "GAAAACK.....!!!"
(4414) Norfirion: "Too bad that spider isnt around for a meal now you bastard!"
(4395) DM: (15, Git)
** (4399) Git calls up the ladder to Norf, "Hey, Norfy, whadidja do?" **
** (4412) Arianrhod looks around startled, "Spider?" **
whispering to Arianrhod, the luggage is at the foot of the second to third floor ladder
** (4399) Git climbs up after Norf to take a look at the effects **
(4414) Norfirion: "He's stuck in a magical web of my own creation..."
(4414) Norfirion: "It won't hold long, he looks of sufficient strength to move through it, but it will slow him down."
(4412) Arianrhod (whispering): where is Silver?
(4399) Git: "Then as long as we stay out of his reach, we're good."
** (4399) Git throws his last plain dagger **
(4398) Agatha: "Ahh. So that's what you mages are for."
(4399) Git: Dagger(thrown) Attack Roll: [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)===> DMG: [1d4+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
(4412) Arianrhod (whispering): do I need to roll to see if I made it up the ladder?
(4399) Git: (hope his decreased dex makes a hit of that)
(4464) Lightfaith (enter): 23:47
(4464) Lightfaith (exit): 23:47
whispering to Arianrhod, on the floor below. can't climb ladders.
(4414) Norfirion: (scorpion i meant heh, not spider)
whispering to Arianrhod, no
whispering to Git, miss...because the ogre is not in sight
(4399) Git (whispering): ....oh....
(4412) Arianrhod: brb
(4395) DM: (10, Ari)
(4399) Git (whispering): oh right... cover by 5' intervals... forgot
** (4399) Git looks to the floor boards, trying to determine how well they'd hold up against a rampaging ogre **
(4399) Git: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
whispering to Git, you're not sure.
(4399) Git (whispering): darn, and I was sure an 8 would be a high enough roll
whispering to Git, well...the tower is rather sturdy...there's a winch contraption attached to the ceiling...so its not quite a done deal
whispering to Git, you could make an educated guess....possibly not. but you're not sure.
(4399) Git (whispering): hmm... what are my chances of pulling up the rope form the winch, hooking my grapple to it, hooking the ogre to it on a decent pickpocket roll and having the others hoist him up then drop him all the way to the ground floor? Physically possible if we pull it off?
(4405) Vrondard: .
** (4412) Arianrhod readies her bow **
whispering to Git, not quite. the rope is in the center of the room...and you'd need a HIGH Reflex to leap across to the center of the room. also the top floor is covered in webs.
whispering to Git, the ogre's stuck
(4399) Git (whispering): right, nm then
(4405) Vrondard: ((anyone else going really really slow here?))
(4395) DM: (9, Agatha)
(4399) Git: (not really)
(4399) Git: :nudges Norf: "What do we do with him now then?"
(4398) Agatha: ((Is the way to floor 3 clear now or is Norf still in the way?))
** (4414) Norfirion shrugs. "Whatever you want." **
(4395) DM: ((clear))
whispering to Arianrhod, the luggage is at the foot of the ladder.
** (4399) Git stares curiously at the webs before replying, "In that case lets leave him there. This place is boring the crap out of me." **
(4412) Arianrhod: (( I really hate to do this, but it's nigh on midnight and I've got a drive ahead of me tomorrow.))
(4412) Arianrhod: ((In other words, its bailing time for me.))
(4412) Arianrhod: bye
(4414) Norfirion: "The webs are quite flammable, if that interests you."
** (4412) Arianrhod sighs sadly... and leaves.... **
(4395) TaliesinNYC: k
(4412) Arianrhod: Oh, bugger this for a lark.
(4412) Arianrhod (exit): 00:00
(4414) Norfirion: later Ari
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17)
(4395) DM: (8, Vron)
** (4405) Vrondard climbs up the ladder behind Agatha... "I'll be at im.. soon as I can get up there" **
(4398) Agatha: "What about that overgrown buzzard? Don't you think he'll come chasing after us with that thing?"
(4395) Burly: GACCCK!!!! (roars with rage)
(4399) Git: "Great idea, lets set fire to the tower while we're in it."
(4421) Cpl Johnson Doc: Always store beer in a dark place.
(4421) Cpl Johnson Doc (exit): 00:01
(4405) Vrondard: "not after I git done wid im"
(4405) Vrondard: "tossing boulders at me head... I'll teach yah good"
** (4399) Git glances to Aggy, "No idea. Hey Aggs, what do ya say to some renovation to the floor. right about.... there." Points out a spot in front of the webs en route to us: **
(4398) Agatha: "And you'd know how to do that?"
** (4414) Norfirion shrugs. "You asked, I told." **
(4395) DM: (18, Norf)
(4399) Git: :shrugs: "You're the one with the axe ma'am"
(4405) Vrondard: "bah you don't know how this be laid out... more often than not we all will go for a fall"
(4399) Git: :prods Norf: "Can't you like... turn him into a rabbit or something?"
(4405) Vrondard: "just chop the bugger Aggie..."
(4414) Norfirion: "I have no spells left to contribute until I'm rested. I'd suggest as Git said and take out the floor above."
(4414) Norfirion: (ready an action to climb down the ladder when the floor goes.)
(4414) Norfirion: (done)
(4395) DM: (15, Git)
** (4398) Agatha smiles knowingly and nods to Git. "We need to make sure he comes this way." **
(4405) Vrondard: "and what is this fall goin ta do anyway... give it some bad bruises"
(4405) Vrondard: "that aint goina be nough to do it in..."
** (4399) Git assures, don't worry, he'll come this way. Stepping up to toward where he told Aggy to start chopping, calls into the webs, "Hey Stinkface? Are you coming out or are you just going to stay in there and die like your pet and your ugly brother?" **
(4399) Git: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [9,12] = (21)
(4399) Git: (now that's diplomacy)
(4398) Agatha: "Aye, but it gives us a better place to fight. If we go up the ladder, he'll have us all in a nice row."
(4395) DM: You hear nothing but struggling above
(4395) DM: (9, Agatha)
** (4398) Agatha raises her axe and chops away at the floor in front of Git. **
(4399) Git: (First time I've hoped the rampaging ogre would rush at me)
(4395) DM: (8, Vron)
** (4405) Vrondard gets whiney "whadda doin that.. now I can't go thrash em... e's trying to get away not attack us durn it" (readies an attack on the Ogre) **
(4405) Vrondard: (done)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21)
** (4398) Agatha tries to leave the wood weakened enough that it won't support much weight. **
(4399) Git: (did vronard come up the ladders?)
(4395) DM: You hear a crash above
(4395) Burly: Me KILL YOU NOW, HUMIE!!!
** (4395) Burly rushes at the ladder and begins climbing down quickly **
(4399) Git: "You say that alot, and you you've accomplished nothing so far"
(4405) Vrondard: ((vrondard came up the first ladder))
(4399) Git: 0.o
(4398) Agatha: "This better work Git."
(4398) Agatha: "For your sake."
(4395) DM: (is on the second to third floor ladder, and climbing down quickly)
(4399) Git: (was there anothr ladder or did he run right passed us?)
(4395) DM: It's wearing an intricately designed suit of iron armor.
(4405) Vrondard: ((1st floor - ladder to 2nd floor - 2nd floor (where we are) - ladder to the 3rd floor - 3rd floor where giant was webbed))
(4395) DM: (it is on the ladder that Norf climbed and then descended)
(4395) DM: ((exactly.))
(4395) DM: (18, Norf)
(4399) Git: (Norf descended? But I climbed up after him, and I thought Aggy was up here too, chopping a hole in the floor as a pitfall... I'm confused)
(4395) DM: (it will reach AOO range next round)
(4395) TaliesinNYC: time out
(4398) Agatha: "Vrondard, Norfirion, climb down to the ground. I'll stay here with Git.
(4405) Vrondard: ((goes to the corner...sobbing))
(4395) TaliesinNYC: Norf climbed to the third floor, cast web, ensnaring the creature
(4395) TaliesinNYC: then descended to confer with Git
** (4414) Norfirion draws his light x-bow and fires off a shot at the creature. **
(4395) TaliesinNYC: you climbed to the second floor
(4414) Norfirion: Attacks: Light Crossbow [1d20+5+0] -> [5,5,0] = (10)
(4395) TaliesinNYC: the creature's been ensnared all this time in webs trying to break free
(4398) Agatha: ((I thought we were on the second floor setting a trap for the beast.))
(4399) Git: (actually git climbed up to confer and even threw a futile dagger into the webbing, maybe I'm the only one who's off)
(4395) TaliesinNYC: and so you are
(4395) TaliesinNYC: (Git is off)
(4405) Vrondard (whispering): ((now technically... x-bows arent loaded... so taking a x-bow out is an action and loading it is another action))
(4399) Git: (that explains it then)
(4395) TaliesinNYC: two actions Norf
(4398) Agatha: ((Didn't Git jump down the ladder after attacking?))
(4399) Git: (then next round, I climbed up after Norf cast web to see what he did)
(4414) Norfirion: (huh?)
(4395) TaliesinNYC: he attacked first, then swung down the ladder. norf climbed up, cast web then climbed back down
(4395) TaliesinNYC: it would help if there was a schematic but there isn't
(4399) Git: (hai hai)
(4414) Norfirion: ok well if the crossbow is worthless, i just want to get down to the ground floor asap, I'll keep doing that for my action until i reach dirt
(4395) TaliesinNYC: k
(4395) TaliesinNYC: when Norf descended, Git tried to attack the creature but since the creature wasn't in plain view, his dager attack missed
(4405) Vrondard: ((thats how i see it... where the there is another platform and another ladder leading up))
(4395) TaliesinNYC: right
(4399) Git: (Just to double check, Git is on the second floor where Aggy has set a pitfall for the ogre?)
(4395) TaliesinNYC: yes
(4395) TaliesinNYC: creature is coming down the second to third floor ladder
(4405) Vrondard: ((i think we are all on the second platform at present))
(4395) TaliesinNYC: except for Norf
(4405) Vrondard: y
(4405) Vrondard: Norft just climbed down the red ladder...
(4395) DM: (15, Git)
** (4398) Agatha stands beside Git. "This should be good." **
(4405) Vrondard: the giant is climbing down the ladder i drew
(4395) DM: (right)
(4405) Vrondard: ((think of this as 3-d chess board if that also helps))
** (4399) Git pulls his frost dagger, staring down the ogre as he waits behind the pitfall, egging on it's rage to blind it from the damaged floor, "Come on then. Let's get this over with. I have better things to do today than gutting your worthless hide." **
(4399) Git: Bluff Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [14,10] = (24)
(4414) Norfirion: (oh cool battle chest for PC)
(4414) Norfirion: (chest? um chess heh )
(4399) Git: (total defense, done)
(4395) DM: (9, Ag)
(4494) Norfirion (enter): 00:29
** (4398) Agatha stands ready beside Git, axe in hand, waiting for the ogre to act. **
(4494) Norfirion: (damn server bootin me)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (4494) Norfirion...
(4395) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(4414) Norfirion' from room...
(4414) Norfirion (exit): 00:30
(4395) DM: (8, Vron)
** (4405) Vrondard delays after the giant (to see what happens) **
** (4395) Burly jumps down to the floor **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [14] = (14)
(4405) Vrondard: (dodge is on it however)
(4395) DM: (AOO if applicable)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [6] = (6)
(4395) DM: (takes fallling damage)
(4405) Vrondard: ((not sure we are that close... we have the gash in the floor between it and us... by plan))
(4399) Git: 0.o (if he jumped after coming down the ladder, I don't think any of us are able to aoo)
(4395) DM: (lightly wounded)
(4395) DM: (k)
(4405) Vrondard: ((unless the 2nd floor platform is 10' wide... then we do))
(4395) DM: (after your posts, I'm being extra careful you could say lol)
(4395) DM: (its not 10' wide, so you do)
(4405) Vrondard: ((its less than 10' wide?))
** (4399) Git stares down over the edge at the jumped ogre, calling down, "Um.... weren't you going to kill us?" **
(4395) DM: (it's more than 10' wide)
(4405) Vrondard: ((so no aoo))
(4405) Vrondard: ((we'd have to be within 5' of where he jumped down))
(4395) DM: (it jumped to the second floor from the ladder)
(4399) Git: (don't worry, Norf's down there)
(4395) DM: now it charges Agatha
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [9] = (9)
(4395) Burly: (does it have to make a Reflex to avoid falling through the pitfall?)
(4405) Vrondard: ((up to the dm whether it even works))
(4399) Git: (oh.... I though it jumped down to ground from the second floor after coming down the ladder )
(4395) DM: (no...)
(4405) Vrondard: ((6 seconds of hacking probably didnt do much to the floor))
(4399) Git: (Yeah, pretty much just weakening your already bad floorboards)
(4395) DM: ((k, just checking. no it won't))
(4405) Vrondard: ((then no roll... at worst it could eliminate the ability to charge since he might have to avoid something... but he is a giant probably just kindling on the floor right now))
(4405) Vrondard: ((not a hindrance))
(4395) DM: The creature is most definitely not a giant...although it's wearing an especially well crafted suit of iron splint armor.
(4399) Git (whispering): strange he'd charge aggy though when Git's the one who injured and taunted him
(4405) Vrondard: (so its large or medium sized?)
(4395) DM: It's an ogre. It unsheathes its sword from its back...a two handed sword that it twirls with ease,
whispering to Git, you're standing next to her, right?
(4399) Git (whispering): In front of her I believe, with the trap in front of me
whispering to Git, it has a choice of opponents here, a dwarf which it knows will give it trouble, you and a large creature. it's going to choose the large creature.
(4405) Vrondard: ((ah too bad... thought we had some good armor for Norfirion to wear))
(4399) Git (whispering): :shrug: alrighty
whispering to Git, well that changes things if you're standing in front of her
(4399) Git: (elven mages always due well with oversized ogre armor
(4405) Vrondard: : j
(4399) Git (whispering): not sure, she migh be standing beside me
(4494) Norfirion: ((Yeah because we're smart enough to sell it :p for more than its worth i might add))
(4395) DM: if you scroll up, it says Agatha stands ready besides Git, axe in hand. so if Ag is NOT beside Git but BEHIND Git, then it charges Git. let me know.
(4405) Vrondard (whispering): ogres are giant class creatures by the way
whispering to Vrondard, *sigh*
(4399) Git: (No idea. Aggy?)
whispering to Vrondard, they're not giants though
(4405) Vrondard: (Git probably has the good sense to be behind Agatha and Vrondard
(4398) Agatha: ((I'm beside Git))
whispering to Vrondard, we can debate this later. its not important to me at the moment
(4399) Git: (Not really, he was standing at front with the hole hoping it would step on that needing a reflex to cross the floor anyway and with it's own weight and structual damage from Aggy fall through before it could attack)
(4405) Vrondard (whispering): k
(4405) Vrondard: (ok sounds like Git is looking for a bruising to me)
(4405) Vrondard: (er... slicing)
(4399) Git: (apparently so if the trap was worthless to begin with. Figured if Aggy would fall through, a big hulking ogre wouldn't have much chance)
(4399) Git: (After all, I was egging him on to charge me and all)
(4405) Vrondard: ((was thinking Aggie stepped on a loose floorboard and it gave way... tipping her backward... rather than she actually fell thru the entire floor))
(4405) Vrondard: ((but it could be latter as well))
(4399) Git: (no, she made a hole and everything)
(4405) Vrondard: ((well lets see what the DM says what happens and lets tango on... : )
(4395) DM: It charges Git...
(4395) DM: ...then a misstep causes it to lean too much of its own weight on a loose floorboard, sending it falling to the ground below, atop the remains of the scorpion.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [4] = (4)
(4399) Git: (phew)
(4395) DM: (seriously wounded)
(4405) Vrondard: "oo ooh... I'm after it"
(4398) Agatha: ((land on the stinger, land on the stinger...))
(4494) Norfirion (whispering): hey im gonna grab a bite to eat. If im not back before my turn, Norf moves to the ground floor and fires his crossbow at the beast if its in view. +5 bonus, 1d8 dmg
(4395) DM: ((not a fudge. it failed a Reflex save as you will read.))
(4398) Agatha: ((oh, well that's cool too.))
** (4405) Vrondard stops delaying and starts going down the ladder **
(4395) DM: (18, Norf)
** (4399) Git lets out a relieved sigh of relief, loosing all of his steeled facade in one motion. "Glad that actually worked" **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
(4395) DM: (acting as Norf)
(4405) Vrondard: (will have to ditch his shield)
** (4494) Norfirion conttinues to head to the ground floor and if he has an action left will fire with his x-bow. **
(4405) Vrondard: .
(4494) Norfirion: (noticed before i went to get a bite to eat, so gave you my action.)
** (4395) Norfirion fires a shot from his crossbow and strikes the ogre in the neck. **
(4398) Agatha: "I'll bet you are. Come on. The job ain't done yet."
(4494) Norfirion: (I'll brb in a min)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] -> [4] = (4)
(4395) DM: (seriously wounded)
(4494) Norfirion (whispering): want me to roll first?
** (4398) Agatha begins to climb down the ladder. **
(4395) DM: (15, Git)
** (4399) Git grabs out his bow and arrow rather than follow down the ladder and takes a shot from above **
(4399) Git: Shortbow Attack Roll: [1d20+7] -> [19,7] = (26)===> DMG: [1d6+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
(4395) DM: (critically wounded)
(4395) DM: (9, Agatha)
(4398) Agatha: ((quickly climbing down the ladder))
(4395) DM: (8, Vron)
** (4405) Vrondard goes after the Ogre.... **
(4502) DM (enter): 00:52
(4395) DM: (how?)
(4405) Vrondard: (i climbed down the ladder last turn)
(4502) Dan: http://www.geocities.com/danjnm_2000/index.htm
(4395) DM: (k)
(4502) Dan: if you all need minis or maps hit my site
(4395) DM: (roll)
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(4502) DM (exit): 00:53
(4502) DM (enter): 00:53
(4405) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his +1 Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+4+4+1+1] -> [17,4,4,1,1] = (27) Critical on Natural 20
(4405) Vrondard: doing [1d10+6+1] -> [2,6,1] = (9) damage
(4395) DM: (please refrain from making comments or you will be booted from the room. thank you in advance for your cooperation)
** (4405) Vrondard swings two handed since he's left his shield behind **
(4395) DM: (critically wounded)
(4405) Vrondard: (done)
** (4405) Vrondard relishes hacking at the beast **
(4395) DM: The ogre gets up, totally mindlessly enraged, and unsheathes its sword in one fell swoop, blood spurting everywhere.
(4405) Vrondard: "har har... how do you like me now?"
(4502) DM (exit): 00:55
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] -> [5,12] = (17)
(4405) Vrondard: "oooh"
(4395) DM: (lucky...)
(4395) DM: (miss, AC 17)
(4395) DM: (18, Norf)
(4405) Vrondard: "har yer missed me...."
(4395) DM: (skipping him)
(4395) DM: (15, Git)
(4405) Vrondard: ((probalby backs away))
** (4399) Git tries something dangerous. Sneaking back from the edge, he shadows to a position above the ogre(hide to gain a surprise position. Then taking a leap, he tries to land frost dagger first into the ogre's back (tumble to land on him and avoid fall damage) **
(4399) Git: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [8,9] = (17)
(4399) Git: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [13,8] = (21)
(4399) Git: Dagger(Frost, sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [14,8] = (22)===> DMG: [1d4+1+2d6+1d6+0] -> [1,1,1,4,4,0] = (11)
(4399) Git: (6 dmg if it hit)
(4399) Git: (without sneak rather)
(4405) Vrondard (whispering): dc for that tumble is 15 and it reduces a fall by 10 feet
(4405) Vrondard (whispering): so if its a 20 drop he takes 10 ft of falling damage
whispering to Vrondard, he takes 0 damage
whispering to Vrondard, it being only 10 from 1 to 2nd floor
(4405) Vrondard (whispering): if its a 19 ft drop he takes none
(4405) Vrondard (whispering): : )
whispering to Vrondard, well he takes 0 either way :)
(4395) DM: The ogre topples to the ground (Vron, Reflex)
(4405) Vrondard: "oh boy"
(4405) Vrondard: Reflex: Save [1d20+3+0] -> [19,3,0] = (22)
(4395) DM: (it was a 1 hp)
(4405) Vrondard: "outa me way"
(4395) DM: It crashes to the floor of the tower, dropping its sword.
** (4405) Vrondard is slightly dazzled by Git leaping like a panther... dagger in hand **
(4405) Vrondard: but manages to see the beheamouth falling torward him and skitters out of the way
** (4399) Git rides the ogre's back as it falls. As the dust settles, he rips the dagger from the ogre's back with a satisfying ripping sounf and stands triumphantly upon it's back" **
(4405) Vrondard: "nice leap Git... looks like yea be looking out fer me this time"
** (4398) Agatha stares down at the scene below her in disbelief. **
(4507) Kinigit (enter): 01:04
(4405) Vrondard: "lucky that sword didn't clip ya when you were comin down"
** (4399) Git grins at the dwarf proudly, "Heck, can't be losing my bodyguard, can I?" **
(4405) Vrondard: "he musta not seen ya"
(4398) Agatha: "Humph! And you call us reckless?"
(4399) Git: "That's the point."
(4405) Vrondard (whispering): if the ogre had seen him leap... think the spot check was the 17+10 for cloak for a 27
(4405) Vrondard (whispering): he would have gotten an aoo on Git..
whispering to Vrondard, eh?
(4405) Vrondard (whispering): good thing he hid
whispering to Vrondard, Git was moving out of his square, so no
** (4399) Git glances back up to Aggy, nodding, "Would I have done that if I didn't think I could pull it off? It was half dead. I just finished it off in a stylish way" **
(4507) Kinigit (exit): 01:06
(4405) Vrondard (whispering): moved into an armed creatures reach range... and basically entered his square as well by jumping on him
** (4399) Git wipes of his dagger on the ogres hide before resheathing it then searches over the beasts body for loose change and his other two daggers he'd hidt the thing with **
(4405) Vrondard: "har har.. yea get bonus points fer it Git..."
(4398) Agatha: "Ya coulda just as easily broke yer neck, ya cocky bastard."
whispering to Vrondard, I see it differently. he was jumping AWAY from the ogre....oh you're talking about just now. I get it.
(4405) Vrondard (whispering): yep
whispering to Vrondard, thought you meant earlier when he was up top
(4405) Vrondard (whispering): naw
** (4398) Agatha jumps down from the last few rungs. **
(4399) Git: "Haha... sorry to worry you, Love. Promise I'll be more careful from here on out."
(4405) Vrondard: "don't be a liar Git... no you won't"
(4405) Vrondard: "Aggie's had enough kids to know when she is be hearing an empty promise"
(4399) Git: "Lying's my nature. Can;t be helped"
(4405) Vrondard: "warsh yer mouth out wid soap she will... then we will se what can be helped and what can't"
(4398) Agatha: "Aye, you could take a dive from the top of this tower for all I care. The only problem is you're the one that's s'posed to know the area."
** (4399) Git glances back and forth between Aggy and Vronard. Shaking his head he muses, "It's like having parents again. Then again I am the youngest one here (accept for Renly or Sam maybe)" **
(4398) Agatha: "So what was this whole ugly business about?"
(4399) Git: :while searching the ogre, calls to Norf: "Hey, how long until those webs go poof? I want my dagger back from up there"
(4398) Agatha: "These blokes just enjoy plucking stray damsels off the road for a lark?"
(4399) Git: :to aggy: "Looks like they just wanted pet food for stinger over there" :gestures to scorpion:
(4399) Git: (appraisal check for armor)
(4399) Git: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20)
(4405) Vrondard: "well we should look out fer their victims... might still be alive"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d4+5] -> [4,3,5] = (12)
(4399) Git: "Doubt it... unless they can survive digestion.... after the actually devouring that is"
(4399) Git: "i do wonder what will become of their bird though"
** (4398) Agatha looks upward. "Still, we should take a look around. Just gotta keep an eye out for that giant bird." **
(4405) Vrondard: "ooh maybe we shouldnt let that rampage about should we... aweful big though"
(4399) Git: "I don't think it can fit in the door Aggy"
(4405) Vrondard: "maybe best we leave it alone"
(4399) Git (whispering): anything of value on Burley?
whispering to Git, 540 cr
(4405) Vrondard: ((we rescued our fallen party member that was Arianhod correct?... just checking))
whispering to Vrondard, yes
(4399) Git (whispering): that the estimated value for the armor?
(4398) Agatha: ((yeah. she left early tonight.))
whispering to Git, just the intricate iron splint mail and the two handed sword (whch is of MW make...)
whispering to Git, yes
whispering to Git, 540 cr for the splint armor
(4405) Vrondard: "well lets go look about... just stay away from that big beaker"
(4399) Git (whispering): appraise for sword
(4399) Git: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
(4494) Norfirion: (sorry I'm back and full as a seed tick)
** (4405) Vrondard searches about including the ogres things (which probably seem too large, but could be sold i assume) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d4+5] -> [3,1,5] = (9)
** (4399) Git begins unfastening the ogres armor, calling over to Norf, "Hey Magus, could you give me a hand with this?" **
whispering to Git, 360 cr
** (4494) Norfirion lends Git a hand at removing the armor. **
** (4494) Norfirion casts detect magic on any weapons, armor, or other items of note. **
(4395) DM: Nothing seems to be on the first or second floors, except for debris and of course the corpses and the rope cage.
** (4405) Vrondard casts a scowl **
whispering to Norfirion, none
(4494) Norfirion: "I have a lovely spell here Vrondard, it can make your beard fall out during your sleep."
** (4494) Norfirion laughs jokingly and smiles. **
** (4399) Git whistle a little tune as he dearmors the ogre then retrieves the rope netting which held Ari to use as an impromptu carrying harness for it and the sword. "We should make a nice little profit on these" **
(4405) Vrondard: "ah the same spell that will make yer head fall off"
(4494) Norfirion: "Indeed such a suit should sell for a good price"
(4399) Git: "Hey Aggy, while you're up there could you lookfor my dagger?"
(4494) Norfirion: "Not likely" *scowls at the dwarf*
** (4398) Agatha kicks around the corpses. "Dunno, about you, but I don't think it wise to be dragging that armor where we're going." **
(4405) Vrondard: "not yer typical biggun stuff"
** (4405) Vrondard fetches his shield form the 2nd level **
** (4399) Git takes a look around for his lost daggers and salvagable arrows **
(4399) Git: "Don't worry, it's just armor, it's not going to do anything"
** (4405) Vrondard glances up at the 3rd level ladder and what ever is going on up there **
** (4398) Agatha looks up at the hole she fell through. "Oh no, no, no, no, no. I ain't going up there again." **
** (4494) Norfirion scrounges about using his elf senses to aid in searching for any hidden doors, treasure, etc. **
(4494) Norfirion: Skill: Search [1d20+8] -> [3,8] = (11)
whispering to Norfirion, nothing of note
(4398) Agatha: "Norfirion or the dwarf could just as easily do it."
(4494) Norfirion: "Git looks more than capable of climbing"
** (4399) Git goes after hid own weapons **
** (4405) Vrondard puts his shield and axe away and climbs up to the 3rd floor when the webs dissapear **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [5,7] = (12)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
(4405) Vrondard: ((assuming their isn't a Giant Roc waiting to peck the life out of me up there))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18)
whispering to Agatha, you hear a noise above
(4399) Git: (stan, still with us?)
(4395) DM: (yep)
(4399) Git: (just checking)
(4395) DM: A dagger falls to the ground from above.
(4405) Vrondard: "ah thats me cue..."
** (4494) Norfirion seems uninterested in climbing anymore and goes outside the tower and scans for any new signs of friend or foe. **
** (4405) Vrondard climbs **
** (4398) Agatha snaps her head up. "Hunh? Did any of you hear that?" **
(4399) Git: (finally came down from the web.)
(4405) Vrondard: "yep that nasty web must be done being sticky"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [15,7] = (22)
whispering to Vrondard, you hear a cat purring when you poke your head into the third floor....but nothing's there.
** (4399) Git climbs to the third floor and searches out his daggers (any arrows survive?) **
(4395) DM: (one)
** (4405) Vrondard just guards Git while he pokes around **
(4405) Vrondard: "you hear a cat up here Git?"
(4405) Vrondard: "something hummin or purring me thought me heard"
(4399) Git: "huh?" :takes a listen for a cat:
(4399) Git: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
(4395) DM: The third floor reeks of something terrible, something dead and rotting, but the source isn't obvious to you....yet.
(4399) Git: "Basht? Come on out if you're there lovely."
(4395) DM: Could be the wind through the rafters.
(4399) Git: (the smell could be the wind through the rafters?)
(4395) DM: There are a number of windows which look out into the outside and the forest. Each window has a pile of boulders underneath it.
(4395) DM: (no)
(4399) Git: (web spell still there?)
(4395) DM: Piled on the floor is a strong rope ladder with hooks on one end.
(4395) DM: (no)
(4405) Vrondard: "oy this be their rockpile"
(4405) Vrondard: "oh that could be useful"
(4395) DM: There are two trunks, a big trunk and a BIG trunk.
** (4405) Vrondard lifts up the ladder to see how much it weighs **
(4399) Git: "No kidding..." :heads over to the rope ladder , inspecting the hooks and looking for a place above to grapple them to:
(4395) DM: (any of the windows will do nicely)
(4395) DM: 15 lbs.
(4518) Kin (enter): 01:36
(4399) Git: (windows above, or the windows on this level?)
(4518) Kin (exit): 01:36
** (4399) Git heads over to check out the trunks, searching them both for traps **
(4395) DM: (on this level)
(4405) Vrondard: "bah too heavy... carry around too much metal these days.. or I'd take it"
(4405) Vrondard: "hmm I don't want to get pecked.... hold on here"
** (4405) Vrondard leaves Git to his futsing and goes all the way down and cuts off an arm off one of the Ogres (once free of armor) **
(4405) Vrondard: "oy... what a mess"
(4405) Vrondard: once that is done.....
** (4405) Vrondard will haul it up to the 3rd floor... using the rope cage if thats convenient **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] -> [1,10] = (11)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] -> [1,10] = (11)
whispering to Git, none that you can determine
(4399) Git (whispering): unlock the BIG chest first then
whispering to Git, the BIG trunk has a large iron padlock on it
(4405) Vrondard: and once on the 3rd floor... will stick it out the window... and see if it gets snapped at
whispering to Git, none on the big trunk
whispering to Git, k
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] -> [1,10] = (11)
whispering to Git, not successful
(4405) Vrondard: ( he will hold it lightly... allowing it to get taken from his hands without him getting pulled along with it..(his intention))
** (4399) Git grumbles and heads to the ladder calling down, "Hey did the other one have a key on him, this stupid locks too big for my tools." **
(4405) Vrondard: "you looked them over... you didn't find one"
(4399) Git: "Aggy can you check?"
(4405) Vrondard: (grunts as he moves the Ogres arm around)
(4399) Git: :to Vronard: "I checked the armored on not the other bozo"
(4494) Norfirion: (can I hear them from below?)
whispering to Norfirion, yep
(4494) Norfirion: "I have a spell that can open whatever it is you're talking about!"
** (4494) Norfirion heads inside and climbs up to where the others are. **
(4399) Git: :to Norf: "Really? That'll do"
** (4399) Git heads back to the chests while Norf comes up. Taking out his extending pole, and opening it to full lenght, he steps off to the side and uses it to flip open the lid of the unlocked chest from afar **
(4395) DM: Fort save
(4399) Git: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
** (4398) Agatha grumbles as she searches the corpses for a key. **
(4399) Git: (10' not far enough I guess)
(4395) DM: You catch your inside, doubling over from the stench that emanates from within.
whispering to Agatha, left boot of Hurly's corpse
(4399) Git: (Stinking clouds in every chest around)
(4405) Vrondard: ((im probably within 20-30' of that crud))
(4494) Norfirion: "What in the h.....? By the gods what is that smell? Vrondard?"
(4405) Vrondard: "oh by the stink of sulphur stone"
** (4399) Git quickly regrets opening the trunk as he wretches sinckeningly, doubling over and trying to crawl away from the cloud **
(4405) Vrondard: "close the lid... blech"
(4398) Agatha: "I found your bloody key! Where's it go?"
(4395) DM: A purplish-black mass of oozing putrescent flesh is stuffed inside the chest. Seven fleshy spheres attached to stalks to a bulbous head lie coiled within.
whispering to Agatha, LARGE iron key
(4399) Git: :covering his mouth and nose: "that's disgusting. Vronard, go close that"
(4494) Norfirion: (Did I see this as well?)
whispering to Norfirion, yes
(4395) DM: (yes)
** (4399) Git fights a surge of vomit as he heads to the window to get some fresh air **
** (4398) Agatha takes a huge key out of the boot of one the corpses and tucks it into her belt. The key's a big 'un. **
(4494) Norfirion: (Can i make some kinda knowledge check (Arcana? Nature? Religion) to see if i know what it is?)
(4405) Vrondard: "heckfire no..."
(4395) DM: (k)
** (4405) Vrondard uses the coiled up rope ladder to hook the lid and then pulls to close [1d20+3+4] -> [10,3,4] = (17) to hit it **
(4395) DM: (Arcana or Nature)
(4398) Agatha: "Did ya hear me? I found a key! What going on up there?"
(4494) Norfirion: Skill: Knowledge: Arcana [1d20+12] -> [13,12] = (25), Search [1d20+8] -> [3,8] = (11)
** (4399) Git 's to sick to answer back to Aggy **
(4395) DM: (k)
(4494) Norfirion: ignore the search roll, accident
whispering to Norfirion, a beholder's corpse
(4494) Norfirion: "A dead beholder, or "undead" perhaps and we just dont know it."
(4399) Git: "Whatever it is is gross."
(4399) Git: (Vronard get the lid down?)
(4494) Norfirion: "It could be of some use. I'll take a sample from it."
whispering to Git, As you gaze out into the clearing below, you hear rustling in the trees...and a terrified half-elf enters the clearing, injured and bleeding...collapsing onto the grass.
(4395) DM: (yes)
(4405) Vrondard: "Vrondard doesnt mess with old dead bodies or fungus things"
** (4494) Norfirion approaches the chest while drawing out his dagger. He breathes holds his breath as he warns the others to do. **
** (4399) Git takes a moment from wretching out the window to glance at Norf like he's an idiot, then turning back to the window, he calls out weakly, "Trouble down below. Someone wanna check on that?" **
** (4398) Agatha grumbles as she carefully climbs up to the third floor. "Men. They ask for something and forget it completely in a moment." **
(4405) Vrondard: "too many bad stories"
(4405) Vrondard: "whats the trouble?"
(4399) Git: "Someone's injured... just came outta the woods."
** (4494) Norfirion then lifts the lid and removes the eyes from each stalk placing them in several glass containers then sealing them and placing them back in his pack. **
(4399) Git: "Probably not a good sign"
** (4399) Git still hangs on the window sill, not yet up for action again **
(4494) Norfirion: "I'm sure these shall provide some interesting research or empowerment to a new creation."
whispering to Norfirion, three eyestalks are missing
(4494) Norfirion (whispering): ok I'll take whatever is remaining, along with the main central eye.
(4405) Vrondard: "blech"
(4405) Vrondard: "well they can come here... I aint no healer"
** (4405) Vrondard will look out a window and see what he can see **
(4398) Agatha: "Hallo? You all still alive up there or have you just gone deaf?"
(4399) Git: "Collapsed... They'll need help"
** (4494) Norfirion searches through the chest to make sure anything wasnt hid in the box. **
** (4399) Git pushes himself up to a stances (Still nauseas for long?) **
whispering to Norfirion, the central eye is also missing
(4399) Git (whispering): and man or woman? it's very important
(4395) DM: A terribly injured person collapsed on the ground
(4395) DM: (not nauseous)
whispering to Norfirion, find a lovely, well-crafted silver flute
(4405) Vrondard: "bah I'll have to go get em I suppose"
whispering to Norfirion, resting beneath the gunk and the corpse
** (4399) Git turns a sour glance to Aggy, " Just peachy. Have a little trouble replying while my stomache is trying to force it's way up my esophagous though." **
whispering to Git, can't tell
(4405) Vrondard: "Agatha.. you want to come with... in case its a trick?"
** (4405) Vrondard climbs down and heads to the front door of this keep **
** (4399) Git gets up his bow and arrow, insisting, "I'll keep an eye for enemies, go grab the victim" **
** (4494) Norfirion digs around in the chest withdrawing a silver flute. **
(4494) Norfirion: "Interesting."
(4494) Norfirion: (theres another chest, thats locked correct?)
(4398) Agatha: "Gods damn. I just got up here. Well 'ere's your stupid key."
whispering to Norfirion, yes
(4399) Git: "Norf, could use your crossbow over here. We can gold dig later, promise"
** (4398) Agatha tosses Git the key before following Vrondard. **
** (4494) Norfirion sighs seeming intereupted in his fascination. **
** (4399) Git takes the key from Aggy, "Thank you, Ma'am." **
** (4399) Git keeps a vigile wathching for enemies from the treeline **
(4494) Norfirion: "Very well" *he puts the flute in his pouch and draws, loads and aims his x-box out the window.
** (4405) Vrondard will make sure the Roc isn't waiting to attack them and venture out torward the injured person **
** (4398) Agatha covers Vrondard's rear. **
(4399) Git: ( :is scared to know why Vronard's rear was uncovered: )
(4398) Agatha: ((How did I know that was coming?))
(4395) DM: ((you guys are bad...lol))
(4399) Git: (mutual lack of maturity)
(4395) DM: (50 minute warning)
(4395) DM: (you eventually get outside)
(4395) DM: The figure lies on the ground, face down, 40' away from you
(4395) DM: It appears to be a female half-star elf
** (4405) Vrondard approaches it **
(4405) Vrondard: "bugger it... more stinking elves"
(4395) DM: Her clothing is torn in places, and she appears to have suffered grievous injury. An unsheathed longsword and scabbard lie at her side.
(4398) Agatha: "She's been in battle. Quickly, let's get her inside."
(4395) DM: She's unconscious.
(4405) Vrondard: "alrighty"
** (4399) Git watches with bow drawn as they get her to safety **
** (4405) Vrondard will pick her up easily **
** (4398) Agatha keeps her eyes and ears open for the elf's pursuers. **
** (4494) Norfirion looks to Git. "One of your women chasing you down out here?" **
(4398) Agatha: Listen Check: [1d20+9] -> [18,9] = (27)
(4399) Git: :shrugs to Norf: "It's a gift... and a curse"
(4398) Agatha: Spot Check: [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
(4399) Git: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [2,6] = (8)
** (4399) Git decides to put the key to good use once his comrades are safe, popping the top on the BIG chest **
** (4405) Vrondard will trudge back to the keep **
(4399) Git: (should have waited til they were actually to safety before hitting 'enter' on that)
(4395) DM: The first thng you see are three fleshy stalks attached to three slimy purplish-black eyeballs.
whispering to Agatha, The forest appears to be normal...
** (4494) Norfirion gathers them up and places them in containers with the others. **
(4494) Norfirion: "Ah the missing stalks, marvelous"
(4494) Norfirion: "I wonder why they were seperated, unless they had some special significance"
(4399) Git: (where do we see the eye stalks?)
(4395) DM: Next are seven sable pelts, several pieces of silver dinnerware, a bronze coffer, three green spinels and a leather pouch. Finally is an intricate wrought iron shield.
(4405) Vrondard: ((i can't help but make this fantastic OOC comment... "Yeah go ahead and put both parts of the beholder together and see what happens))
(4395) DM: (inside the chest, silly)
** (4494) Norfirion casts detect magic and scans both chests and the room. **
(4494) Norfirion: (lol)
(4494) Norfirion: (D&D monster legos)
whispering to Norfirion, only the flute
(4399) Git: :to Norf: "Maybe they were planning to sun dry these three for eyestalk jerky."
** (4494) Norfirion chuckles. "I wouldn't put it beyond their intelligence." **
(4395) DM: The craftsmanship of the shiekd is similar to that of the armor and the bastard sword.
(4405) Vrondard: ((could be parts of a undead beholder.. separated for safety))
(4494) Norfirion: "The flue is the only thing enchanted. I'll have a closer look at it later when I have the time to analyze its magick."
** (4399) Git flips through the various wares, perusing for basic value. (appraise for general resale feasibilty) **
(4399) Git: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
(4494) Norfirion: (flute)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d4+5] -> [4,1,5] = (10)
whispering to Git, 250 cr
whispering to Git, 250 cr for the shield
whispering to Git, sable pelts are about 150 each
(4399) Git: "Anything else worth while in that other chest? other than grotesgue rotting beholder?"
whispering to Git, dinnerware is about 630 total
(4494) Norfirion: "I didnt see anything."
(4494) Norfirion: "I'll check this other for anything hidden"
whispering to Git, coffer is closed....
** (4494) Norfirion searches the formerly locked chest for any secret compartments, etc. **
(4494) Norfirion: Taking 10, 18 result
(4405) Vrondard: "hey... we got a mostly dead elfie girl down here" he calls from the bottom floor
whispering to Norfirion, nope
** (4399) Git takes moment to check the coffer for some trap before opening it **
(4494) Norfirion: "Nothing"
(4528) Tarl (enter): 02:23
(4405) Vrondard: "whadda want to do with her?"
(4405) Vrondard: ((Git dont answer that question))
(4494) Norfirion: "Just a moment, I'm coming down."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] -> [11,10] = (21)
whispering to Git, none
** (4399) Git calls back, "Don't know, I'm not a healer" **
** (4494) Norfirion descends to the first floor to investigate this elf woman. **
whispering to Git, fine roll of vellum inside
** (4399) Git takes a moment to look around for something sack worthy to pack up the loot. **
(4395) DM: She is a half-star elf, garbed in deerskin leather armor...most of which is tattered, as if she'd been in a battle, or a long hurried journey.
(4398) Agatha: "Vrondard, help me bar the door. Whatever it was that got her might still be out looking for her."
(4405) Vrondard: "oooh"
** (4405) Vrondard leaves his 'charge' and works on the door **
(4399) Git (whispering): anything written on it?
(4395) DM: A hunting knife is strapped to her belt. An unsheathed longsword and scabbard are by her side. Her face is deeply tanned, her long auburn hair tied in a rope braid.
(4399) Git: "Bring the horses in before you lock the door. Don't need them getting eaten"
** (4494) Norfirion approaches the woman and kneels down examning her to see if she's still alive or concsious at all. **
** (4398) Agatha drags the corpses towards the door. **
whispering to Git, Nope
(4398) Agatha:
"How does she look?"

(4405) Vrondard: "bah... they aren't going to like the smells in here"
whispering to Norfirion, yes, alive but unconscious
(4405) Vrondard: "you go get em... I aint getting a hoof smacked into me noggin"
(4494) Norfirion: "I'm no physician, but I know a little about herbalism. I'll see if I can find something to bring her around. She'
(4405) Vrondard: "cripes I don't like the smells in here"
** (4399) Git puts down the coffer for now and heads down the ladders to meet the others" **
(4494) Norfirion: "She's most alive but unconscious"
** (4494) Norfirion ponders his memory and knowledge to see if he can think of anything to bring the girl around. **
(4494) Norfirion: Skill: Profession: Herbalist [1d20+2] -> [13,2] = (15)
(4399) Git (whispering): can you make an unconcious person drink a potion?
(4494) Norfirion: Skill: Knowledge: Nature [1d20+6}
(4405) Vrondard: "well she was moving up into a few moments ago"
whispering to Git, no
(4494) Norfirion: Skill: Knowledge: Nature [1d20+6] -> [20,6] = (26)
(4399) Git (whispering): eh, worth a shot, massaging their throat muscels and all
(4395) DM: (could probably create a poultice or an ointment or something. requires rest though.)
(4494) Norfirion: ((looking for something that i could use like a smelling sauce to wake her up or something))
(4405) Vrondard: ((how about eyeball ichor?))
(4494) Norfirion: ((lol))
(4405) Vrondard: ((ogre armpit?))
** (4398) Agatha remembers the horses and drops the corpses. She goes to bring them in. **
(4399) Git: (use the beholder part. she'd be nauseas but awake)
(4405) Vrondard: ((vrondards beard?))
(4494) Norfirion: (I dont want her to puke her brains out)
(4494) Norfirion: (His feet might work)
(4405) Vrondard: ((Roc droppings... that was pretty ripe))
** (4399) Git steps down to ground level, and strolls toward the others, casually, pulling his water skin from his belt along the way, and once standing over the wounded woman , rather colcly pours a generous amount down onto her face to rouse her **
** (4494) Norfirion starts shaking the woman calling to her in dawn elven hoping to stir her. **
** (4405) Vrondard fingers his healing potions but is loath to use them on this elfie girl **
(4494) Norfirion: "Don't drown her you fool!"
** (4494) Norfirion leans the woman up off her back into a sitting position so she can breathe freely. **
(4399) Git: :casually: "Told you I don't know healing"
** (4494) Norfirion speaking in dawn elf. "Can you here me? Wake up girl! Wake up!" **
(4395) DM: You prop her up to a sitting position and then you see what had eluded you before....a pair of ghastly white handprints around her neck that seems to have leached the life from her skin. Indeed she appears paler than most star elves you've known or met.
(4494) Norfirion: "Hmpf that is not good. It looks like the mark of the undead or some form of necromancy"
(4494) Norfirion: Skill: Knowledge: Arcana [1d20+12] -> [2,12] = (14)
(4399) Git: "Wonderful. I feel much safer now"
(4494) Norfirion: "Only time or a priest's power will tell if she lives. We can only let her rest and comfort her until she comes to, or dies one."
(4395) Halthala Mithaleil: Eh...?
(4395) DM: Slowly, she comes awake...
(4494) Norfirion: "I spoke to soon."
(4494) Norfirion: "Come to have you?"
(4395) DM: Her amber eyes grow wide at seeing you...or perhaps its something else she sees, for she sees beyond you.
(4494) Norfirion: "What happened to you?"
(4528) Tarl (exit): 02:38
(4395) Halthala Mithaleil: He....had.....no....eyes!!!!!
** (4494) Norfirion turns and looks behind out of curiousity. **
** (4399) Git takes to a cross-legged sit, "Wh had no eyes now?" **
(4494) Norfirion: "Who? What are you talking about??"
(4494) Norfirion: "Calm down and take your time. Ypu'
(4494) Norfirion: "You're safe now"
(4395) Halthala Mithaleil: (face takes on a fearful aspect and buries her face in her hands)
(4405) Vrondard: "yep I got me eyes... we all do... nobody like that around here"
(4395) Halthala Mithaleil: Our band...slaughtered...by orcs led by a man with no eyes...
** (4494) Norfirion comforts the girl for a moment then stands up and walks to the door as he ponders, pacing back and forth. **
** (4399) Git reaches out cautiously to rub her shoulder soothingly, offering in a tender tone and star elven tongue, "No worries, love. You left them behind you. You're safe here, promise." **
(4399) Git: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [20,12] = (32)
(4395) Halthala Mithaleil: We fought...but they seemed endless...I fled and ran for days
(4399) Git: "Days huh? You must be famished." :reaching into his pouch, pulls out his healing potions and pops the cork, "Drink this. You'll feel better"
** (4494) Norfirion is washing and cleaning the flute he found earlier using his water skin and robe to clean the mess off. **
(4494) Norfirion: "Where was it you encountered them?"
** (4494) Norfirion digs around in his pack and offers the girl food if she is hungry. "Its not much, but its something." **
(4399) Git: *healing potion that is, only got the one*
(4395) Halthala Mithaleil: Near an outpost...of great Celdenir....a forest ruin. I warned Valin about the sla-mori. He....he would not listen to me! He claimed it was safe. The ruins were safe! Oh, safe it was! (sobs)
(4494) Norfirion: "Her wound may be the kind that is not easily cure by simple potions. Some life draining wounds can linger for some time until the body naturally recovers from its unbalance"
(4395) DM: (maps to come next session of the area btw)
(4399) Git: "Of course, the problems are where we're headed"
(4395) DM: ((sla-mori is elvish for magical portal or waygate))
(4494) Norfirion: (Sla-Mori? This term familiar to me?)
(4536) No Name (enter): 02:45
(4494) Norfirion: ((ok sounds familiar, think i read of an elven river named that in some book maybe)
(4395) Halthala Mithaleil: He led them...and now all I can remember is the slaughter.
(4494) Norfirion: "Tell me more about the Sla-Mori, was this created by one of your own? Or something found? Something stable?"
(4395) Halthala Mithaleil: (drinks the potion gratefully)
(4395) Halthala Mithaleil: Diola lle (OOC: thank you) for coming to my aid though ill were we met.
(4395) Halthala Mithaleil: (calms a bit)
(4395) Halthala Mithaleil: Sla-mori are ancient pathways of old that were made, to go from place to place to save time and travel.
(4399) Git: "Don't worry about it. You're just lucky I guess. Had you shown up half an hour sooner, you would have been food for those two ogre's scorpions rather than being graced by our noble presences"
(4405) Vrondard: "heh"
(4494) Norfirion: "And this pathway leads into Celendir?"
** (4398) Agatha drags in the reluctant horses. **
(4395) Halthala Mithaleil: This was a sla-mori that led to the land those of your kind call Damrosil but that which we call the place that shines during the hour of our meeting -- Sila lumenn omentilmo.
(4399) Git: :muses over the Sla-Mori: "Too bad we can't set up some trade routes through them. Cut travel time, bring down prices on exotic materials. Charge a fee for Sla-mori use... hmmm..."
(4395) Halthala Mithaleil: This pathway is inside an ancient outpost of great Celdenir. The capital of leaves lies far off to the south and east.
(4395) Halthala Mithaleil: Ah...permit me my manners. My name is Halthala and I am graced by the lords above to have met you.
** (4395) Halthala Mithaleil bows her head, wincing in pain. **
(4395) Halthala Mithaleil: (appears to not have heard Git)
(4536) No Name (exit): 02:53
(4395) DM: They neigh and whicker reluctantly
** (4399) Git grabs her shoulders to straighten her after she winces, "Don't hurt yourself over formalities" **
(4405) Vrondard: "hate to admit it... so I wont"
(4494) Norfirion: "I am Norfirion the Solemn, magus of no particular affiliation."
(4405) Vrondard: "well... I'm going to get some rest..."
(4395) Halthala Mithaleil: Ays, well I was not raised to be rude. (smiles gently)
(4395) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms