Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
20 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
20 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Tolmara Logs
(680) DM: Before we begin, has anyone read the log for the past two sessions

 (680) DM: Before we begin, has anyone read the log for the past two sessions? I'll recap if not.
(719) Vrondard: its his world... and thus his oyster
(719) Vrondard: better recap
(683) Renly: ( ya, some sort of test for one of the chars ?)
(719) Vrondard: i played int he last two sessions and even i dont know
(680) DM: (Alex, not a slight to you but the room is moderated at the beginning of each session. thanks.)
(680) DM: At the conclusion of the last session all those months ago...lol, you were at a crossroads, in between going to investigate a local chapter of a snake cult that had arisen in Tolmara, the capital city of Wylund, or investigating the orc menace in the eastern part of the Kingdom.
(708) Alex (exit): 22:58
whispering to Vrondard, I need you to download the map marked "Tolmara -- Detail Map 1"
(719) Vrondard: alex wont be back
(680) DM: The cult calls itself "The Fellowship" and has been given to helping the poor and the downtrodden. They really seem to be a cheerful sort and will preach their faith to any who stop to listen.
(680) DM: ((fine with me))
(756) DM Heimdall (enter): 23:01
(756) DM Heimdall (exit): 23:01
(756) DM Heimdall (enter): 23:01
(680) DM: ((I've dropped him from the site.))
(756) DM Heimdall (exit): 23:01
(712) Git: (This I remember, it's more a question of where are we now?)
(680) DM: The problem with "The Fellowship" it seems is that it's fronting for a snake cult that hails from Imperial lands -- and their members believe in a particularly evil deity. There's been a rash of kidnappings in Tolmara but none have connected those with the cult until recently.
(680) DM: (I'll get to that in a minute)
(719) Vrondard: just in case you were tempted to take him back
(680) DM: A fire broke out not too long ago, in the southwestern portion of the city. Keep in mind that the city is celebrating the King's birthday, and so there is a massive influx of people in what is otherwise a relatively large urban area.
(719) Vrondard: Desc: DE Daeger: Okay
DE Daeger: That did it.
DE Daeger: Stan is an asshole, and a moron.
VBJunkie: ha
DE Daeger: He has a one-track mind, he knows nothing of game balance, and he's been a prick to me ever since I came in.

(719) Vrondard: ha!
(680) DM: ((I'm not. I have no patience with people like him. Fair warning to Dan...I'm 33 and not one to be trifled with when it comes to idiocy. :) ))
(712) Git: yeah.. that's a teenager alright)
(680) DM: ((moving on))
(683) Renly: ( wow you guys are old, I'm only 29.. hehe )
(719) Vrondard (whispering): ((mini would be sharper cept its 44kb instead of 200-400kb... its from downloading it from the site instead of getting the actual file
(712) Git: (And that makes me the baby of the group. only 23)
(719) Vrondard (whispering): so the lesson here is... send me the actual file if its really important
(719) Vrondard: ok i've had enough Drama
(680) DM: The fire was quickly put out thankfully, as most of the buildings in that area are made of wood...few have stone foundations or are built to withstand disasters of that nature. Unfortunately one building was gutted...an orphanage. And in that orphanage, there was the remnants of a lair of snake cultists....along with their most most recent victims.
(719) Vrondard: the fact that he is gone has made me happy
(680) DM: (not sure if you can see this but if the map were larger, you'd see that a portion of the city above is ruined, courtesy of the fire.)
(719) Vrondard: ((notice the smoke in the NE quad of the mini-map))
(719) Vrondard: ((by 23))
(719) Vrondard: ((that whole "block" was fire ravaged))
(683) Renly: ( see it)
(680) DM: ((btw, all of the locations on the map, for Dan's fyi, are keyed to a location key on the site.))
(712) Git: (btw... we have any idea how many players from the original are still with us? No Kha, no Aggy... Sarrim?)
(680) DM: Because of this discovery, the King has commanded that a hunt take place, as surreptitiously as possible so as not to disturb the populace, to root out where any cultists might be hiding in the city and deal with them as necessary.
** (719) Vrondard is mighty geared to kill snake vermin **
(680) DM: ((well I'm not sure. that's the problem. no one's answered my e-mail except for ppl who've answered, so dunno about DJ, Sam and Justin.))
(719) Vrondard: ((and Vron and Git have had run ins with snakepeople if i remember correctly))
(680) DM: On the other hand...
(680) DM: Another problem that's gnawing at the Kingdom but hasn't been resolved recently is the growing menace on the Kingdom's eastern borders -- troubles with the orcs.
(683) Renly has sent you a tree node...
(680) DM: The eastern portion of Wylund is a relatively lawless place compared to the western and central portions of the Kingdom. There has been a series of running skirmishes between the Kingdom's militia and the orc/goblin tribes that live in that part of the land.
(719) Vrondard (whispering): ah thought that was the con bonus
(719) Vrondard (whispering): ignore that last
** (719) Vrondard will be interested in that **
(680) DM: This has been ongoing for the past fifty years. The Kernin invasion in the year 3000 halted hostilities for a brief period but things resumed shortly thereafter.
(719) Vrondard: ((were we rousting this burnt out house thing?))
(719) Vrondard: ((or did we do that already.. sorry for asking instead of looking))
(680) DM: Something or someone has stirred up the orcs to the extent that their efforts have been more successful than normal. The orckin are normally disorganized and chaotic -- but not according to recent reports. Entire villages have been torn apart and warriors routed. Even the elven settlements are hard pressed.
(680) DM: ((this is all background I'm providing))
(719) Vrondard: k
(680) DM: On top of all of this, there are rumors of a recent assassination attempt at the King. Fortunately His Majesty survived...as for the assassin, no news of his or her capture.
** (719) Vrondard pats himself on the back **
(680) DM: As for your own company, you're in a tavern, debating what to do...
(680) DM: (Describe yourselves.)
(719) Vrondard: "so.... der rumours be right... there be some Orc skulls to crush"
(712) Git: (... and Renley would be...?)
(719) Vrondard: "and I wouldnt be none too upset if I be the one that be doin it"
** (712) Git sits back in his chair, his head tilted back to stair at the cieling. He gives a light nod to the dwarf without looking, "Aye... there causing a lotta of fuss. Someone should deal with that?" **
(712) Git: (er... that ? should be . )
(712) Git: :snickers: "Yeah, skulking through forests looking for stinking orcs to tussle with... fun..."
(719) Vrondard: "har... that it would be"
** (712) Git shakes his head as he sits up straight and takes a sip of his mead **
(683) Renly: Renly: ----------------------------------------------------------
PC Name : Vincent SteelBlood
----------------------------------------------------------
Player Name : Dan B
Email : [email protected]
----------------------------------------------------------
Race : Human
Class : Cleric
Level : 3
XP's : 3148 / 3000
Age, gender : 20, Male
Alignment : Neutral Good
Homeland :
Patron Deity : Flarr
Occupation : Hero
----------------------------------------------------------
Strength : 14 (+2) (6 points)
Dexterity : 10 (+0) (2 points)
Constitution : 14 (+2) (6 points)
Intelligence : 10 (+0) (2 points)
Wisdom : 16 (+3) (10 points)
Charisma : 14 (+2) (6 points)

----Combat------------------------------------------------
Hit Points : 24
Armor Class : 19 (+7 HalfPlate +2 shield)

Initiative : +0
Melee attack : +4 (+2 BAB, +2 Str)
Ranged attack: +2 (+2 BAB)
Speed : 20 ft. (medium armor)

Saving Throws
Fortitude : +5 (+3 Base, +2 Con)
Reflex : +1 ( +1 Base )
Will : +6 (+3 Base, +3 Wis)


MW Heavy Mace
Attack Bonus: +6
Damage : 1d8+2
Critical : x2
Type : Bludgeoning

Light Crossbow
Attack Bonus: +2
Damage : 1d8
Critical : 19-20, x2
Range : 80 ft.
Type : Piercing

Light Horse N/A
Hit Points :
Initiative :
Speed :
Armor Class :
Attacks :
Damage :
Face/Reach :
Special
Qualities :
Saves :
Abilities :
Skills :
Light Load :
Medium Load :
Heavy Load :
Drag :
Current Load:

----Feats & Special Abilities-----------------------------
All Armor Prof
Shield Prof
Simple Weapon Prof

SpellCasting Prodigy
Combat Casting
Weapon Focus: Heavy Mace ( war )
Scribe Scrolls

----Languages---------------------------------------------
Common

----Skills------------------------------------------------
Total (Ranks + Ability + Misc)
Concentrate : +12 ( 6 + 2 + 4)
Diplomacy: +4 (2 + 2 + 0)
Heal : +8 (5 + 3 + 0)
Know(religion): +5 (5 + 0 + 0)
Listen (cc): +3 (0 + 3 + 0)
Spot (cc): +3 (0 + 3 + 0)


Armor Penalty: -6
Spell Failure: 75%
Max Dexterity: +3

----Magic-------------------------------------------------

Domains:
1. War
2. Sun ( Greater turning 1/day )

----Spells Per Day----------------------
Level 0: 4
Level 1: 3 + 1
Level 2: 2 + 1

----Default Spells----------------------
Level 0:
Detect Magic 1
Detect Poison 1
Light 2
Level 1:
Bless 1
Magic Weapon 1
Shield of Faith 1
Prot From Evil * 1
Level 2:
Remove Paralysis 1
Sound Burst 1
Heat Metal * 1

----Equipment-------------------------------- (weight)-----
Half Plate (50) 600
Lg Steel Shield (15) 20

MW Heavy Mace
Heavy Mace (12) 12
Light Crossbow (9) 35
20 bolts (2) 2

Cure Light Wounds Scroll

Silver Holy Symbol of Flarr (1) 25
Flask of Holy Water (1.25) 25
Cleric Vestments (6) 5

Backpack (2) 2
Bed Roll (5) .1
Winter Blanket (3) .5
4 days Rations (4) 2
2 torchs (2) .02
50' Hemp Rope (10) 1
Grapple (4) 1
Waterskins (4) 1

----Beltpouch---- (3) 1
Flint & Steel (-) 1

----Coins on Hand------------------------
Location of Coin on Body: Beltpouch
Platinum Suns :
Gold Dragons : 158
Silver Shards : 5
Copper Nibs : 10


----Load--------------------------------------------------

Light : up to 58 lb.
Medium : 59 - 116 lb.
Heavy : 117 - 175 lb.

Current: 113.25 lb. (Medium)

----Physical Description----------------------------------
A human of average size stands before you. He has very light blonde hair, almost white and light blue eyes sparkle with the confidence that his god is behind him. His hair is cut short and spiked. He is a very good looking human, physically fit and charming. He is clad in red scale mail and carries a large steal shield with a symbol of a firey sun rising over a hill. He carries a MW heavy mace at his side and a heavy crossbow hanging from his full backpack. His smile is warm and friendly.





----------------------------------------------------------
History
Vincent Steelblood is the third son of Adan Steelblood, a noble of
large city. The Steelblood family owns a large farm a half days
ride from a large city. They grow many things there, grapes, corn,
timber and cotton. They provide much of the raw materials to the large
cities industry. Vincent was born about 20 winters ago. As the
third son, Adan knew that there would be no interitance for him, so
when Vincent showed great abilities and was noticed by the cities
clergy, he was given training at the
temple of Flarr. He excelled
in his studies there. Vincent has left the temple to find his own way
in the world. He has left to make the world a better place, one
person at a time.

(683) Renly: ( damn, sorry wrong one...)
(719) Vrondard: doh!
(683) Renly: Desc: A human of average size stands before you. He has very light red hair and light grey eyes sparkle with the confidence that his god is behind him. His hair is cut short and spiked. He is a very good looking human, physically fit and charming. He is clad in chain mail and carries a large steal shield with a symbol of two clasped hands. He carries a heavy mace at his side and a backpack. His smile is warm and friendly.
(683) Renly: ( there we go )
(712) Git: A friendly, talkative Merchant who hardly ever seems to be serious, he can talk for hours with no real topic, and be considered a friend instantly. It's just after a while you might notice, that with all the talking you have not learned a thing about him personally. Git is a lithe figured man with fair young face that helps him easily garner attention and trust. His hair slicked back and apparently died black as lighter brown roots show peeking from the thick head band he wears, navy blue bandana edged with a dull copper saw-tooth design, which wraps his brow and ears, leaving only the lower lobes visible. Though he claims to be more a business man than an adventurer, it's undeniable that he wears a suit of leather armor in travels with sheaths sown into the outfit itself to have a weapon readily available. Still... could such a nice guy really be dangerous?
(680) DM: lol
(719) Vrondard: Desc: The very first thing you will notice about Vrondard is he has a wild feral look. After that you will realize he doesn't move like the typical dwarf. He is quicker and faster. His arms are also typically dwarven. He carries a Dwarven Waraxe and a few Javelins on his back. Except for being a dwarf, his appearance is unremarkable. His beard is ungroomed, but not ragged; his eyes being brown and hair red in hue.
(712) Git: "Unfortunately we have other priorities... unless we can dump this snake cult thing onto somebody else."
(683) Renly (whispering): I there or what?
whispering to Renly, you will be...you're sitting at a table within earshot
(719) Vrondard: "bah"
** (683) Renly sits at a table some distance away. **
(712) Git: (hehe... maybe we can ditch the players who aren't with us anymore and leave there chars to deal with it)
(680) DM: A cleric...by the looks of him, a cleric of one of the more militant faiths coughs after taking a swill of ale, as Git mentions "snake cult".
(712) Git: :staring into his mug: "Honestly though... I would like to know what's going on in Miir..."

(46) Vrondard: ((sorry baby is killing us tonite))
** (18) Renly glances at the human and dwarf, but resumes his drinking. **
(46) Vrondard:
"well as much as I'd like to kill them snakey things"
(9) Git:
(And for my next trick, I'llmake the server switch rooms around)
(46) Vrondard:
"I'd like to kill Orcs more..."
(46) Vrondard:
"don't like being in this city much anyway"
(46) Vrondard:
((going with plan... which Vrondard would prefer anyway))
(9) Git:
"Hey, this is my home town... regardless of how much I like the recent changes either"
(46) Vrondard:
"suppose some of our friends will want to solve this thing"
(46) Vrondard:
"ah yeat.. fergots about that"
(9) Git:
"Yeah... there obsessive like that"
(46) Vrondard:
"though I haven't seem em today"
(9) Git:
they're even*
(46) Vrondard:
"whatever we do... we going to have to get some help"
(46) Vrondard:
"no matter how sharp me axe is... me an you aint going to cut it..."
(9) Git:
"Have help... unless... we split from help... then we need to recruit. "
(46) Vrondard:
"maybe we can find a nice dwarven scald to help us out"
(46) Vrondard:
"a nice dwarven lass with long yella hair twould be nice"
(9) Git:
:grinning: "Well then... all we need is a fool who will follow us into orc infested territories to take up the gods only know what kind of suicidal mission. No sweat."
(46) Vrondard:
"beltin out chants to make your heart burst... ya that would be nice"
(46) Vrondard:
"or someone that just don't like Orcs.."
** (18) Renly sits drinking then after wavering for a moment stands up and walks over to the table occupied by the dwrf and human. " excuse me, I could not but overhear that you were speaking of the snake things... and needing help. May I?" He inclines his head toward a seat. **
(46) Vrondard:
"or don't like this town o' yours"
(9) Git:
:winking: "If that's what you wnat, maybe we coud swing back to Highkeep and pick up that barmaid who fancied ya so much"
(46) Vrondard:
"but wherea going to get another o me around?"
(46) Vrondard:
"huh?" he says eloquently to the stranger
** (9) Git glances up to the stranger. Quirking his brow, "Um... sure... sit" **
** (9) Git takes in the apparent holy man with curious inspection **
(46) Vrondard:
"yah.. take a load off"
(49) Aura (enter): 23:44
(49) Aura (exit): 23:44
** (18) Renly nods then sits, " I am Renly, cleric of the light. I heard you speaking of the snake things. I have heard the king speaking of them and decided I wanted to help. Once that ophanage burned down... it made me very angry that it was just a front for them" **
(9) Git:
"Yeah. they're some nasty little creeps" :sips his ale: "Don't know why you'd actually want to deal with them though."
(46) Vrondard:
"yep there were stealing the youngins they were"
(18) Renly:
" they are evil creatures endangering the people of this town.. what more reason does one need?"
(46) Vrondard:
"not much... just a little time on yer hands"
(46) Vrondard:
"well if you want to help out there... I guess we can finish the job"
(9) Git:
"It makes more sense to just send a full military unit down into under the city after them. It would be a lot faster and easier than depending on a group of haphazardous wanderers"
(46) Vrondard:
"then move on to the Orc site-asion"
(18) Renly:
" it seems the king wants it to be a low key affair.. I am not one to question him"
(46) Vrondard:
"what was our next move Git?"
(9) Git:
"The rumors of the cult are all over the place. It's hardly low key by any standards"
** (18) Renly takes another sip of his drink, " have you had much dealings with them?" **
(9) Git:
:to Vronard: "Don't know... suppose we are going after them after all... unless..."
(9) Git:
:to Renly: "Not much... and yet too much"
(46) Vrondard:
"yep... any is too much"
** (18) Renly nods. **
(46) Vrondard:
"and it aint been enough... since they still be around"
(46) Vrondard:
"so what to do bout it... is the question"
(46) Vrondard:
"you wanna rustle around in the embers again Git?
(9) Git:
"embers?"
(9) Git:
"Oh... no..."
(9) Git:
"I doubt they'd leave a tunnel opening or such accessible if they burned the place themselves"
(46) Vrondard:
""or try to find that snake flail..."
(46) Vrondard:
"the one they be looking fer"
(18) Renly:
" perhaps we could call upon the local patrol to see if they have found any clues?"
(46) Vrondard:
((been reduced to going over the logs... ha!))
(9) Git:
"They're the ones who informed us of the cult in the first place. And I still don't see why they depend on us to complete their work"
(46) Vrondard:
"wasnt somebody saying something about that..."
(46) Vrondard:
"stupid test thing?"
(18) Renly:
"perhaps they are ill equiped to handle such a task"
(9) Git:
"test? Ya mean Kha's?"
(46) Vrondard:
"yeah perhaps that was it"
(60) Mikal (enter): 23:57
(9) Git:
:shrugs: "I don't now on either of your accounts. But Tremaine and the citadel here alone, I wonder why they can't flush out the cultists."
(60) Mikal (exit): 23:57
(46) Vrondard:
"well lets go over to the burning and see if we see anyone nasty hangin around"
(46) Vrondard:
((Isilar mentioned he has had difficulty determining where their lairs are, if any. They do have a shrine called "The Fellowship" located in the Alms Ward. That's it))
(18) Renly:
" excellent"
(9) Git:
"I don't think we'll find anything new there. Who returns to ashes?"
(46) Vrondard:
((we never did that or did we?))
(9) Git:
(We did)
(13) DM:
((never is correct.))
(46) Vrondard:
"well I was hoping they would find us"
(46) Vrondard:
((we went to a lighthouse... but i think that was part of Kha's test))
(46) Vrondard:
"what about that shrine thingy in the Alms Ward..."
(13) DM:
((yes. Kha's test was purely separate from the orphanage thing.))
(9) Git:
:sighs: "Fine then, off to the firepit"
(46) Vrondard:
"we could roust that place... or at least look around and ask questions"
(9) Git:
(I thought we had an interlude where we searched the gutted orphanage)
** (18) Renly goes back to his table and grabs uphis backpack slipping it on, the returns to the others. **
(46) Vrondard:
Plan A) run thru the fire plit once more ON OUR WAY to the Alms Ward
(46) Vrondard:
(and run thru is litterally a stroll thru the area to see whats going on there)
(46) Vrondard:
(not a detailed search)
(9) Git:
(hai hai. sure)
** (9) Git downs the last of his mead and grabs up his satchel. "Lets go" **
** (18) Renly returns, " I got your name... Git right.. what of yours, dwarf?" **
(13) DM:
(you did search the gutted orphanage, but never got to the Fellowship thing.)
(9) Git:
(thought so.)
(46) Vrondard:
"yea... whats yer name again... me name is Vrondard"
(18) Renly:
" Renly"
** (46) Vrondard downs his ale in a swift toss **
(46) Vrondard:
"ahhhhh"
(9) Git:
"Renly, huh? Well you can call me Git."
(46) Vrondard:
"Renly... whats a Wren... thats a bird right... so you are like a bird?"
(18) Renly:
" not exactly"
(46) Vrondard:
"hmmm humans... have trouble saying what they mean..."
(18) Renly:
" shall we be off then?"
(9) Git:
"Definitely." :heads out the door:
** (18) Renly follows along. **
(9) Git:
(brb. getting adrink)
** (46) Vrondard leads the way... hoping to instigate some trouble **
(46) Vrondard:
((map aint going to work... again!))
(9) Git:
(bak)
(46) Vrondard:
((Stan you must have large indentations on your walls))
(46) Vrondard:
: )
(13) DM:
You make your way to the Alms Ward...
(13) DM:
The charnel smell of burnt flesh mixes in along with all the other scents of the Alms Ward like a redolent stew reminiscent of the depths of human misery.
** (18) Renly shakes his head, " this must hvae been very bad" **
(9) Git:
:turning up his nose at the odor: "Thank you Vronard for bringing us back here"
(13) DM:
As you turn the corner onto the Street of the Warrior, you spot a member of "The Fellowship" haranguing the passersby, her bald head gleaming in the sunlight.
(13) DM:
Her robes are a pure white, stark amidst the squalor around her, a silver triangular medallion half hidden in her robes.
** (9) Git stays silent, watching the interaction **
** (18) Renly follows suit and watches. **
(46) Vrondard:
"yeah can't get enough of this freakshow"
(13) Arelisa:
Hear ye, hear ye, can ye not hear the Voice of Truth and Compassion that speaks in your heart? Who among ye is truly worthy?
(46) Vrondard:
"I got the Truth right here in me axe"
(18) Renly:
" surprising they are still allowed to preach in the city"
(46) Vrondard:
"but I aint got no compassion... cept fer maybe the poor little ones"
(13) Arelisa:
The tenets of our Fellowship are three, yet most of ye are but sheep, blind to the glories of wisdom and the inner light.
(13) Arelisa:
(glances at the dwarf)
(46) Vrondard:
"baaaaaaaaaaah' he jests
** (13) Arelisa smiles, giving you a glimpse of her teeth. It is a cold smile, thin and unforgiving. **
(46) Vrondard:
(a strung out bah!)
** (18) Renly smiles at the dwarves shenanigans. **
(9) Git:
(the best of kind of bah ideed)
(46) Vrondard:
"and yer full o' it I assume"
(46) Vrondard:
"all yer wisdom and light"
(9) Git:
:mutters: "Full of something anyway..."
(13) Arelisa:
Take this dwarf who spits into wisdom though he know it not: can it be said that he is truly worthy of his efforts? Is it not written in the Book of the god that Worthiness Precedes Reward?
(18) Renly (whispering):
which god do these fellowship fellows preach about, or it more about a way of life ?
(13) Arelisa:
And he is most untrustworthy, by the look on his face. And is it not written in the Book of the god, that Trust is a valued tenet of the world, so yea, even ye must Trust Thy Brother!
(46) Vrondard:
"I'm worthy of a reward... which be me foes head on a pike... after me axe ave cut it off"
whispering to Renly, it seems to be a way of life...but this is the first you've heard of a god. Knowledge: religion if you want.
(18) Renly (whispering):

*Knowledge (Religion):
Knowledge (Religion) check: [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23)

(18) Renly:
" trust is earned, not preached..."
(9) Git:
:looks to the ground a seconfd before asking back: "Tell me sister, why then do you suppose so many unworthy times gain so much in the world. Like killers and slavers... or do you have a differnt idea of worth?"
(46) Vrondard:
"and I'm after me reward... some of these snakies that be responsible fer the burning here"
(9) Git:
times>types
** (13) Arelisa smiles again. **
(13) Arelisa:
All I am saying is that we must work together to achieve a common goal, and if that goal be happiness for the good of mankind or of humanity, we must act as one, for now we come to our final tenet, that of Unity. Unity is important, for if we do not act as one, we shall all fail.
(13) Arelisa:
Come to our ceremony tonight, and perhaps you will feel the Voice speak to ye as it does to me. (smiles gently)
(18) Renly:
" where is this ceremony at?"
** (9) Git stares thoughtfully into her eyes for a moment. **
(13) Arelisa:
Why in Fellowship Hall... (points to a gleaming edifice of gray-white stone that sits squarely in the middle of the block opposite the Beggar's Palace.)
(13) Arelisa:
Remember, my brothers, Unity, Trust and Worthiness -- and with this comes the Voice of Wisdom, Truth and Compassion.
(18) Renly (whispering):
anything on that know religion roll ?
(46) Vrondard:
"hmmmmm"
(46) Vrondard:
"well perhaps we shall come back.."
(9) Git:
"Well... we you put it so eloquently. I guess we can't outright refuse." :grins and offers a bow and to the woman and holds out his hand suggesting her to shake it
(13) DM:
((location 20 on the map on the group site. See map 21 (Detail Map 1 of Tolmara))
whispering to Renly, you've never heard of a god that calls The Fellowship is following.
(9) Git:
we>when ...bad typoes tonight..
** (13) Arelisa takes it tentatively and shakes Git's hand. **
** (9) Git suddenly leans forward, coming face to face with the cultist, staring into her eyes, he grins offering "Maybe we can see afterwards how our unity and comPassion work... I'll have to work on the truth though..." **
** (46) Vrondard stops being rude if Git is going to talk to her **
(9) Git (whispering):
while distracting her with the space invasion, try to steal the medallion from her. pickpocket [1d20+10] -> [2,10] = (12)
(9) Git (whispering):
d'oh.. always a low roll when it counts
whispering to Git, lol
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
(9) Git (whispering):
try to bluff my way out of it if I fail
** (13) Arelisa nods, smiling gently at Git, "I see we understand one another" (glancing pointedly at Git's hand) **
(9) Git:
(which hand?)
(73) Evil Joe (enter): 00:34
(13) DM:
(your other hand, lol)
(9) Git:
(.... that clears it up...)
(13) DM:
(the hand that's caught in the act natch.)
(73) Evil Joe (exit): 00:35
** (9) Git pulls away with a weak snicker, "What can I say? Go for the grope while you can." **
(9) Git:
Bluff Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [11,10] = (21)
(46) Vrondard:
((grabbing her boob or something else... you sly dog!))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
(46) Vrondard:
((how was she not supposed to notice?))
(13) Arelisa:
(smiles coquettishly)
(13) Arelisa:
It truly has been sssome time since I have been charmed by the attentions of a male....but this is not the time or the place for it. (smiles)
(9) Git:
(... my palms secrete a contact anesthetic allowing me to grope without being detected. This is one of my many Super-Pervert skills!!)
whispering to Git, spot
(9) Git:
:Winks: "Tonight then.."
(9) Git:
Spot Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [12,6] = (18)
(46) Vrondard:
((will be Git the Eunich someday))
** (18) Renly nods to the priestess and moves away. **
(9) Git (whispering):
do I get a glimpse of what the medallion is?
(46) Vrondard:
"aye I'll be sure to come wid him and chaperone"
whispering to Git, her pupils are slits.
(46) Vrondard:
"gots to keep him outa trouble Renly... he's a magnet fer it"
(80) Rainur Swiftblade (enter): 00:41
whispering to Git, a smooth triangular silver medallion
(18) Renly:
" is that so..."
(13) DM:
((hi Alfred))
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (80) Rainur Swiftblade...
(80) Rainur Swiftblade:
((just lurking))
(13) DM:
((you're not here of course))
(9) Git:
(aww... we could use Rainur too.)
** (13) Arelisa blinks **
(13) Arelisa:
So...I shall sssee you later thisss evening, ays, my friend?
(9) Git:
"Ays. We'll be there... for ... unity purposes of course."
** (18) Renly stops and looks back at her. **
(13) Arelisa:
Asss it should be. (nods sagely and turns to go)
** (9) Git just for the hell of it, gives her a swat to the rear for good measure **
(13) Arelisa:
Ooo.
whispering to Git, its a bit scaly.
(46) Vrondard:
"hmmm well I'm getting thirsty... whaddya think blokes... time to whet our whistle?"
(13) DM:
You watch her walk back into the Fellowship building.
(9) Git (whispering):
.... I've had worse...
whispering to Git, TMI lol
(18) Renly:
" already? we just started"
(9) Git (whispering):
tequila makes ya do funny things
(46) Vrondard:
"well we aint goin in till later... whats there to do now"
(9) Git:
"And now we've got nothing til night fall. I'm heading home to see m'girl. Meet ya back here tonight"
(18) Renly:
" what about the other place you wanted to check out?"
(9) Git:
:nods toward the fellowship: "That is the place"
(13) an urchin:
"TAG! You're it"
(18) Renly:
" alright"
** (9) Git glances to the urchin for an instant **
(18) Renly:
" guess I'll go with you then dwarf, if you will allow me"
(46) Vrondard:
"yep and nothing knew accross the street... just the burned out husks of the buildin"
(13) DM:
A halfling child, about the age of nine, runs around the corner carrying a muddy soot covered golden flail. His short stubby legs carry him far...right smack into Vrondard. The flail goes flying in Renly's direction.
(46) Vrondard:
"sure..."
(13) an urchin:
Oooff.
(46) Vrondard:
"holy smokes where did you find that thing?"
(13) Ceris:
Hey! No peeking! And remember what Da said about going in tha' ruin.
** (18) Renly dodges teh flying weapon, " watch it there boy" **
(13) Maeve:
Oh, 'twas lyin in tha' dirt o'er there. Promise ye won't tell? Yours?
(46) Vrondard:
"a weapon is a bit fer ya.." Vrondard will go after the weapon
(13) DM:
On closer inspection, the halfling "boy" is really a girl. Just with short hair.
(46) Vrondard:
"nope not mine.... but I'll buy this one off ya... and pay ya a bit more if you tell me where ya found it"
(9) Git:
"where'd you find it darlin. show me, please"
** (18) Renly wonders why the others are so interested in it, but says nothing... waiting. **
(13) Maeve:
Oh. Well. Really? Mmmm, o'er there. (points to the burnt orphanage) Was a bit after all tha' grown ones went away. Poked around. Bored, bored, bored. Found a golden stick. It talks ya know. Glows in the dark suchlike. Sings too. (nods sagely)
** (46) Vrondard fishes in his pack for a ration (two if the other urchin is around) **
** Sorry, don't understand what a /peeks is...
** (13) Ceris peeks and spots Maeve, and charges forward. **
** (18) Renly raises an questioning eyebrow, " really now?" **
(9) Git:
:humoring the child: "Wow. ya don't say? And where was it that no one but you found it? Bet it was really well hidden in stuff, huh?"
(46) Vrondard:
"here...ave a snack... you two now" to Maeve and then Ceris
(13) DM:
A second halfling bolts from around the corner and tags Maeve. "Caught ya!" (then scoots)
(46) Vrondard:
"this is if yer hungry..."
(13) Ceris:
Oh, someone say "a snack?"
** (13) Ceris turns around and eyes grow wide at the sight of Vrondard holding up a ration. **
** (46) Vrondard breaks the ration in half... and give both peices to Ceris **
(13) Ceris:
Can I have one, please? Please?
(46) Vrondard:
"give this to your other friend... looks like you should share"
(13) Ceris:
Oooo. Puddin cake. Oooo.
** (46) Vrondard gives a whole ration to Maeve unless a 4th halfling shows **
** (13) Maeve takes it gratefully. **
(46) Vrondard:
((dwarf ration should be a lot of food for a wee child))
(18) Renly:
" tis good to help out the lessfortunate"
(46) Vrondard:
"yes... if they doin good themselves"
(13) Maeve:
Tanks, sir. An' promise ye won't tell those grown's about us. They offer ta' help us but sometin's strangelike about them, there is.
(46) Vrondard:
"thats because your a smart girl..."
(9) Git:
"Yes. They aren't really very nice. You're a very perceptive girl."
(46) Vrondard:
"nobody but family will give you something fer nothing"
(18) Renly:
" do you notice anything else about the grown ups ?"
(13) Maeve:
Eber since Ma went and gone in the night, Da has been sick, and nuttin's the same. Since those priests moved in ta the Ward.
(13) Ceris:
Well, they talk a lot.
** (13) Ceris nibbles on the ration. **
(46) Vrondard:
"yep we heard taht ... me ears still ringin"
(18) Renly:
" ever see where they go, besides in the big temple there?"
(13) Maeve:
Ays, and they invite peeps to their church thing. Most o' us who live in tha' Ward came first but now we stay away.
(13) Ceris:
Ays. They came in and neber left, they did. Must be magicka.
** (46) Vrondard puts the golden rod away.... so it wont be seen **
** (9) Git discretely looks about, making sure noone's spotted them or the flail. **
(9) Git:
Spot Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [3,6] = (9)
(18) Renly:
" they never leave you say?"
(9) Git:
(pft)
(13) Maeve:
So now they talk to peeps and strangers, and other peeps. Homeless an' beggars.
(46) Vrondard:
"har... make sure you never go in... because you may never get out again as well"
(13) Ceris:
Well...they dun' leab. Er...some dun anyway. (morph, nibble)
(9) Git:
:to vronard: "Put that thing away already.. just in case"
(46) Vrondard:
"so whats wrong with yer pappy? sick is he or hurt?"
(13) Maeve:
An, (warming to the subject) didja see th' snake lady?
** (46) Vrondard nods already doing it (will hide it behind his shield at worst) **
(13) Maeve:
Gibe Ceris an' me tha' willies.
(46) Vrondard:
"no but we are looking for the snake lady... we sure would like to meet her"
** (46) Vrondard starts smiling like this girl is the gift of the gods **
(9) Git:
:mutters: "Saw her... I'm practically courting her now.."
(13) Maeve:
Well, they hab these chairs. Dunno what ye call them...chairs on sticks carried by peeps. Silk covered chairs. An' there was this lady in white with yellow hair. All beautiful like, if'n ye know what I mean.
(46) Vrondard:
"hmmm the woman that was just here? or someone else lassie?"
** (13) Ceris says "uh-huh" nibbling on the ration **
(46) Vrondard:
"ah someone else... pay attention Git"
(9) Git:
:shrug: "And where would she be then?"
(46) Vrondard:
"sure I know what you mean... like she was royalty and such.. carried on a litter"
(13) Maeve:
An' she left th' chair, hit one o' tha men on tha' head. I was watchin' from across tha' street. She turned and her face was all scaly-like!!! I turned an' ran.
(13) Maeve:
Then she went in an' tha' was th' last I saw o' her.
(9) Git:
"Eesh... scary..."
(18) Renly:
" why she hit the man, did she say anything?"
(46) Vrondard:
"did she go into the gray white buildin here?"
(13) Ceris:
Sometin' about "go faster next time"
(13) Ceris:
He made this "urrr" sound. Like he couldna' talk.
(13) Ceris:
Ays (to Vrondard)
(46) Vrondard:
"youse got some good heads on yer shoulders... i'd keep away from this place.. which yer already doin"
(9) Git:
:nods: "Though sound very creepy. You're very brave children to have found all this out on your own"
(9) Git:
though>they...kuso!
(13) Maeve:
Well, me an' Ceris be bored. Now dat th' Network isn't busy, we're bored so we play most o' th' day.
(9) Git:
:to Renly: "How much do you know of sicknesses?"
(13) Ceris:
Um, Maeve....
(13) Maeve:
Oh, roight.
(9) Git:
"The Network? What would you sprouts know of such things?'
(13) Maeve:
Oh, nuttin. (whistling)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [15,9] = (24)
(46) Vrondard:
"oy oy... "
(64) Xeriar (enter): 01:09
(64) Xeriar (exit): 01:09
(18) Renly:
" you brought it up, you must know something"
(13) Ceris:
She meant our network of friends, roight 'twas.
(9) Git:
:crosses his arms and turns his head away, prodding teasingly: "Oh.. I thought you meant another Netwwork. but there's no way lil'uns like you would know as much about it as me"
(13) Maeve:
So, tank ye for tha' puddin cake. An' we'll be goin' soon.
(46) Vrondard:
"hah.. even I know what youse means... dont be a kidder"
(13) Ceris:
Erm...
(13) Maeve:
Well'm...
(9) Git (whispering):
bluff or diplomacy to tease them into talking?
(46) Vrondard:
"ha!"
whispering to Git, either
(9) Git:
Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [1,12] = (13)
** (13) Maeve squirms **
(13) Maeve:
Timon uses us as runners from time to time. (drops her street accent)
** (46) Vrondard digs out his coin pouch **
(9) Git:
"After all...I'm in THAT network."
(9) Git:
"Timon?"
(9) Git (whispering):
I know the name?
(46) Vrondard:
((if it isnt already swiped))
(13) Maeve:
Oh, he's the roadwarden for this part of the Ward.
whispering to Vrondard, you're in luck. lol
(93) Capn_Chord (enter): 01:13
(93) Capn_Chord (exit): 01:13
(13) Maeve:
Ays, Timon Timblebucks.
(13) Maeve:
We call him "Timon the Toothless" but behind his back, you see.
(46) Vrondard:
"well lets see..."
** (13) Ceris giggles. **
** (46) Vrondard digs into his pouch... and pulls out two platinum coins **
(9) Git:
:nods agreeingly: "I see, I see. But what kind of things would a couple of kids like you be running?"
** (46) Vrondard drops them on the ground **
(46) Vrondard:
"well look at that... I be dropping me coins on the ground and I don't even be knowin it"
(13) Maeve:
Well, messages and suchlike, you know. And sometimes on practice runs, on our skills.
(13) Maeve:
But since the fighting and the guilds, we've been lying low. Those Sisters for one.
(13) Ceris:
And the Blades, for another.
** (46) Vrondard clearly intends for them to "find them" **
** (13) Ceris nibbles some more. **
(9) Git:
"Don't worry. Things'll pick up."
(9) Git:
"It can't rain all the time."
(94) dicemistress (enter): 01:17
(13) Maeve:
We hope. Tanks for the food, sir.
(13) Ceris:
Need us to tell Toothless Tiny...er, I mean Timon anything? (giggles)
(9) Git:
"Nah... I'll talk with him myself. Where's he at, ya suppose?"
(95) Sir Bobalot (enter): 01:19
(95) Sir Bobalot (exit): 01:19
(13) Ceris:
Either The Dog of the Sea or The Toasted Troll is a good start.
(13) Maeve:
And if you don't find him at either, he's probably in his cups at Elvira's.
(9) Git:
:grins: "Okay then. thank you both very much. You've been more helpful than you even know.":rustles their hair in tandem playfully: "Now go play. And mind the scary guys"
(13) DM:
((stopping in 40 minutes, at 2 am instead of 3 tonight.))
whispering to dicemistress, interested in joining or just lurking?
(9) Git:
(hai)
(46) Vrondard:
((good for me... i have to get a few things done))
(13) Ceris:
Tanks!
(13) Maeve:
Tanks! (scoots)
(46) Vrondard:
(did they take the coins?)
(13) DM:
(yep)
(18) Renly:
(ok)
(46) Vrondard:
"well that was an earful..."
(46) Vrondard:
"now I'm not so sure about going in there..."
(18) Renly:
" what's the deal with this weapon?"
(13) Voice:
I live!!!
whispering to Vrondard, the flail suddenly moves as if it were alive...
** (9) Git looks around for the source of the voice. **
(46) Vrondard:
"course whadda... woah.. its talking and vibratin"
(94) dicemistress (whispering):
Just lurking.
(18) Renly:
" what?"
** (46) Vrondard starts walking away from here so they aren't seen talking to a stick **
(13) DM:
It's coming from the dirt-encrusted flail.
(9) Git:
"Ah great..." :rubs his temple:
(46) Vrondard:
"come on.. lets get the heckfire our of here"
(89) Arelius (enter): 01:24
(46) Vrondard:
out
** (18) Renly follows along, confused. **
(13) Voice:
Come now and behold the wonder of Ra, the Ever-living!
(18) Renly:
Knowledge (Religion) check: [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
(46) Vrondard:
"oy I'm bloomin daft or this things come to life"
** (9) Git follows Vronard and his scene-making flail into an alley, bickering, "Shut that thing up." **
(13) Voice:
The Storm That Rules Over the Sands, the Wind that Scours Evil From The Earth, He That Thunders Across The Desert, the Mighty Chariot Of The Sky, Ra, the Ever-Living!
** (46) Vrondard will hustle a few blocks down and find said alley **
(46) Vrondard:
((hey if this is the sword of justice... someone call Trayn!))
(13) DM:
Only the three of you can hear this voice it seems. Well, if it can be heard by others, none give so much as a clue that THEY heard it.
(89) Arelius (exit): 01:27
(46) Vrondard:
((sadly i think its the flail of serpents))
(9) Git:
:to the flail: "That's wonderful news. Now stop talking."
(9) Git:
:to vronard: "Shall we head to the nearest smith, see if they can melt it down in their furnace?"
(18) Renly:
" is that wise?"
(9) Git:
"Wiser than letting the snake cult get it"
(46) Vrondard:
"I don't know what to do.. maybe we can use it against em"
(18) Renly:
( we someplace that we are alone?)
(9) Git:
"Right... we'll charge in with the exact weapon they've been putting so much effort to get and practically hand it over to them as they slay us mercilessly. Besides.. that thing's evil."
(46) Vrondard:
"what are you?" he addresses the flail
(80) Rainur Swiftblade:
Alchemy Skill Check: Untrained
** (18) Renly looks at the flail as well. **
(94) dicemistress (exit): 01:33
(46) Vrondard:
"and how do you speak into me head?"
(46) Vrondard:
((not sure how much of Kha's info we know here))
(46) Vrondard:
"yer a real person trapped in der?"
(13) DM:
(yes, an alley)
(46) Vrondard:
"er what?"
(13) Voice:
I *AM* the instrument of Ra's vengeance upon the evil on this world!
(13) Voice:
Come now and become witness to Ra, the Ever-Living!
(18) Renly (whispering):

*Knowledge (Religion):
Knowledge (Religion) check: [1d20+5] -> [9,5] = (14)

(9) Git:
"Instruments of vengence are never good. Off to the furnace then?"
whispering to Renly, Ra is the LG Zay'ali Aspect of Solnor, god of the sun, kingship and honor
(46) Vrondard:
"who the heckfire is Ra?"
(9) Git:
Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
(9) Git:
(check for Ra)
(18) Renly:
" I have heard of Ra, he is an aspect of Solnor..."
whispering to Renly, a god commonly worshipped in the Empire of Zayal, far to the north...far far to the north. lol
whispering to Git, Ra is the LG Zay'ali Aspect of Solnor, god of the sun, kingship and honor
(18) Renly:
" they worship him far to the north, in Zayal"
whispering to Renly, think Egyptian mythos
(18) Renly (whispering):
ya, was figuring that
(9) Git:
"Not an evil god maybe.. but you really wanna take your chances on the weapon of vengance."
(18) Renly:
" he was the sun god, kingship and honor"
(102) DMKen (enter): 01:39
(18) Renly:
" there is nothing wrong with rightous vengence"
(9) Git:
"Great... and what would the snake cult want with this thing?"
(46) Vrondard:
"ah Natan-ahb... can't be that bad then"
(9) Git:
"You got anything useful to say?" :asks the flail:
(18) Renly:
" perhaps they wish it dystroyed"
(13) Voice:
Enter the gate and become witness to the might of He Who Reigns Over All Under The Eye Of The Burning Sun!
(9) Git:
"So... that's a no then..."
(46) Vrondard:
"buggers that sounds a bit bright"
(102) DMKen (exit): 01:42
(46) Vrondard:
"whaddya got in a nice dark cavern?"
whispering to Vrondard, the flail stops moving and speaking....
** (9) Git takes another look around to make sure no one's watching them **
(9) Git:
Spot Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [2,6] = (8)
(13) DM:
(oh no... lol)
(9) Git:
(this is evil)
(46) Vrondard:
"hmmm I think it got mad at me... its not movin no more"
(13) DM:
Well, a tomcat perched on a fence, but it's napping.
(18) Renly:
" Either way we should hold onto it..."
(9) Git:
"Good... less annoyance."
(18) Renly:
" the question is: Is it what it claims to be ? "
(46) Vrondard:
"that fer sure... who's going to hold onto this thing.. its givin me the willies"
(46) Vrondard:
"Git you take it"
** (18) Renly looks over the weapon for any glyphs or signs of Ra inscribed on it. **
(108) D.Metria (enter): 01:44
(108) D.Metria (whispering):
whats this?
(9) Git:
"Just hide it Vronard"
whispering to D.Metria, personal campaign, ongoing
(46) Vrondard:
"buggers"
(46) Vrondard:
"just like everything else... I'll have to carry it"
** (46) Vrondard smirks **
(108) D.Metria (exit): 01:46
whispering to Renly, emblazoned on the hilt is a rune or perhaps a glyph that suggests a sun symbol or a rising sun
** (9) Git flaps out hiscloak causually, letting it reach out toward Vronard and in doing so makes a casul grab for the flail and takes it to hide under his cloak. (slight of hand try) **
(9) Git:
Pick Pocket Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [8,10] = (18)
whispering to Renly, there is a setting that's empty as if its missing a stone or a gem
whispering to Renly, apart from that, the weapon is smooth and crafted from gold
(18) Renly:
" seems like there is something here, a hole... as though it was missing something... a gem perhaps"
whispering to Git, success
(9) Git:
"So... where are we going to stowe this stupid thing?"
(46) Vrondard:
"oy..."
(18) Renly (whispering):
it an actuall weapon, or more like an ornamental weapon ?
(9) Git (whispering):
far as I know
(46) Vrondard:
((DC 10 for magic trick.. DC 20 for an actual pick pocket))
(13) DM:
((you missed the player from hell, Alfred. LOL))
whispering to Renly, weapon
whispering to Renly, actual weapon
** (9) Git gives a "let--t-be" glance to Vron **
(46) Vrondard:
"aye... fer sure then"
(9) Git:
(not picking your pocket, just taking it and hiding it. More of a concelement attempt)
(46) Vrondard:
"I... gots it in me pack like ya wanted"
(18) Renly:
" keep it there for now"
(46) Vrondard:
((well DC 10 then you did it))
(13) tomcat:
mrrr.
(18) Renly:
" there any libraries in this town, perhaps I could research it and Ra...."
(9) Git:
"Alright. Take it it to the citadel for tremaine to keep an eye on, I guess. I'll se you guys tonight"
(13) DM:
(stopping in 10 min)
(46) Vrondard:
"okies.. you goin to freshen up fer yer encounter?"
(46) Vrondard:
"I aint goin into that place widdout full battle gear on"
(9) Git:
"Heh... yeah... gotta make myself desirable for madam python"
(18) Renly:
" that is a wise idea..."
(46) Vrondard:
"aint goin in there wid me britches hanging long me knees"
(46) Vrondard:
"course you could just tell em the truth.. more or less"
(46) Vrondard:
"I'm yer bodyguard...."
(46) Vrondard:
"don't know what you'll say bout our friend Mr Renly here"
(18) Renly:
" a wise council perhaps"
(9) Git:
:after Renley: "Yeah, we can lie."
(46) Vrondard:
"ifn I didnt think there be innocents held there... I'd just burn it down to the ground as well"
(9) Git:
"Right... that'll be plan B"
(18) Renly:
" bad idea, if the kids were right and many enter but none leave, they must still be in there somewhere..."
** (9) Git turns away to walk off toward the central quarter **
(9) Git:
"We'll figure that out when we're inside."
(46) Vrondard:
"yep.. lets just make sure we can get back out"
(46) Vrondard:
"we dont need urchins telling stories bout us now"
(18) Renly:
" yes "
** (46) Vrondard laughs... but its an uneasy one at that **
** (18) Renly follows Vrondard. **
(9) Git:
"They're probably already spreading rumors about the rich dwarf dropping platinum pieces around in his wake. Watch your pockets. And keep your eyes on that Flail." :gives a wave and disappears around the corner heading home"
(18) Renly (whispering):
will go to a library or the like to research Ra and the flail, if one is around and its possible. To meet the others later that night.
(46) Vrondard:
"better to give a few coins o' yer money away... than yer entire pouch"
(9) Git (whispering):
I'm gonna double back and shadow them, watching for someone trying to steal the flail from them.
(114) Artellan (enter): 01:58
(46) Vrondard:
"you know what they say?"
(46) Vrondard:
"har har har" he sets up the punchline with a good laugh
(18) Renly:
" heh, that platinum piece is more then I have in my pouch..."
(46) Vrondard:
"an Orc and his head are soon parted"
(46) Vrondard:
"well I didnt feel right takin the flail fer nothing but a few rations"
(46) Vrondard:
"had to pay em something.. a pittance really.. cept that someone would likely have killed em fer it"
(13) DM:
(And on that note, we'll stop....I could continue, but we only have 3 players. *cough*)
(114) Artellan (whispering):
Do you mind if I watch? (very new to OpenRPG ... just guessing that you're the GM here...)
(18) Renly:
" it should be safer with us... who knows what would hve happened to those kids they someone else found them, especially the snakey ones"
whispering to Artellan, no, none at all
whispering to Artellan, would you like to join?
(46) Vrondard:
"course they be happy to git rid of it... since it be so darn chatty... drives yerself batty methinks in short enough time"
(18) Renly:
( how long til the meeting? time wise?)
(46) Vrondard:
((im good to stop))
(13) DM:
(in game, 8 hours. it's 12 noon now.)
(18) Renly:
ok
(46) Vrondard:
((well hopefully Agatha will come back))
(13) DM:
(ok, next session will start at this point)
** (18) Renly goes to find some lunch with the dwarf. **
(46) Vrondard:
((someone has to bring balance and sense to this party... im not sure Renly is up to the job))
Attempting to DISABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now unmoderated
(13) TaliesinNYC:
Artellan, we actually have room in the group for ppl to join
(13) TaliesinNYC:
but I have to warn you, this game isn't for everyone lol
(46) Vrondard:
((Agatha is the parties ole ma.. litterally))
(9) Git:
(hai hai.. the large angry barbarian woman with permanant PMS was a continuous balancing force
(18) Renly:
( heh, just testing the waves before I start making any )
(114) Artellan:
is it D&D 3e? what sort of style do you play?
(46) Vrondard:
((actually i think those were hot flashes))
(80) Anthurul (whispering):
new super bard LOL
(13) TaliesinNYC:
do you want the short answer or long answer? lol
(9) Git:
menopause I guess
(114) Artellan:
heh heh ... probably short
(13) TaliesinNYC:
the short answer is that it's 3E D&D, 3.5 edition, my own campaign which has been going on since October last year. put on hiatus for 3 months and just resumed.
(13) TaliesinNYC:
PCs are now 4th level.
(13) TaliesinNYC:
its RP intensive but there's combat and puzzles as well
(13) TaliesinNYC:
the long answer is that there's A LOT of material for you to read and its an original campaign world
(80) Anthurul: Disconnecting from server...
(80) Anthurul (exit): 02:06
(46) Vrondard:
pretzels? I havent' seen any pretzels!
(114) Artellan:
right, well I definitely prefer original worlds ... more creativity
(13) TaliesinNYC:
hah
(114) Artellan:
if you'd like to see samples of my (normal tabletop) D&Ding, check:
(18) Renly:
could use a mage type, but not sure how well he would be accepted...
(46) Vrondard:
oh puzzles... bah
(13) TaliesinNYC:
oh yes, mages.
(114) Artellan:
My D&D Homepage
(13) TaliesinNYC:
tell him how ppl in this group react to mages. lol
(46) Vrondard:
bah!
(46) Vrondard:
no stinking bloomin mages!
(46) Vrondard:
blow yer whiskers off they will
(9) Git:
depends if he's willing to follow commands.. ;-D
(46) Vrondard:
when they aren't trying to blow their own damn fool heads off
(46) Vrondard:
a pox on em and their creepy animals
(114) Artellan:
((Artellan's super-ego seriously considers making a non-mage character))
(46) Vrondard:
all looking at yer
** (18) Renly would probably be the most accepting, seeing as he uses magic as well, though a different form of it **
(9) Git:
nah, a mage would be accepted as long he isn't the superior complex type
(13) TaliesinNYC:
well basically, the world is kind of like a combination between Moorcock's Elric and Conan with a hefty dose of Wheel of Time thrown in
(9) Git:
we could use a gnome
(13) TaliesinNYC:
and Thieves' World
(13) TaliesinNYC:
if you wanted a pont of reference
(13) TaliesinNYC:
its heavily philosophy oriented and there's a boatload of material for you to read BEFORE you create a character
(114) Artellan:
yes that's good, it's sounds like my style actually
(13) TaliesinNYC:
yay, the RP god is with me today after Alex
(13) TaliesinNYC:
lol
(114) Artellan:
do you have a link for the material? or do you want to email it to me?
(13) TaliesinNYC:
mmm, that's the hard part
(13) TaliesinNYC:
you only get access to the site if you want in
(18) Renly:
just need a yahoo id
(13) TaliesinNYC:
no, actually he needs to apply to join
(114) Artellan:
ah right, makes sense
(13) TaliesinNYC:
so, my recommendation is to watch tomorrow's game and see if you like my style
(13) TaliesinNYC:
I have a Friday game and a Saturday game
(114) Artellan:
sounds like a great idea
(13) TaliesinNYC:
the Saturday game begins at 10:30 pm and runs till about this time.
(114) Artellan:
is it the same campaign world?
(13) TaliesinNYC:
normally runs from 4 pm to 10 pm but I changed it this weekend
(13) TaliesinNYC:
yes, the same world
(114) Artellan:
sorry, 10:30pm eastern? (I'm mountain)
(13) TaliesinNYC:
that's Eastern time
(114) Artellan:
perfect that will be 8:30pm for me. I will definitely try to make it
(13) TaliesinNYC:
same world, different plot and characters
(114) Artellan:
very cool ... I always wanted to run multiple campaigns in the same world
(13) TaliesinNYC:
if you like tomorrow's game (which has a different feel to it btw than the Saturday game, the Friday game is more RP and combat oriented, the Saturday game is both but also has a high magic feel to it)
(13) TaliesinNYC:
then we can talk afterwards
(13) TaliesinNYC:
you can ask these folks, two of them are in the Sat game
(114) Artellan:
okay
(46) Vrondard:
: )
(13) TaliesinNYC:
I can be reached at [email protected]
(13) TaliesinNYC:
and my name is Stan
(114) Artellan:
I've never RPed online before but it seems pretty cool ... I have major D&D withdrawal after my group all moved away
(114) Artellan:
thanks Stan, I will be in touch
(46) Vrondard:
Saturday game sucks... only thing good is my char who is trying to save the world... basically by himself
(18) Renly:
alright, well I think I'm out of here... thanks for the game
(46) Vrondard:
: )
(114) Artellan:
[email protected] [Bad dice format] - [real name Mike]
(46) Vrondard:
hahahhaahaha!
(114) Artellan:
:)
(9) Git:
...
(9) Git:
that sounds about right
(46) Vrondard:
good think Rainur wasnt here to see taht
(9) Git:
I'm hitting the road too. Nite all
(18) Renly:
bye
(46) Vrondard:
nite
(9) Git: Disconnecting from server...
(9) Git (exit): 02:17
(114) Artellan:
good night everyone, nice to meet you all
(46) Vrondard:
sure thing
(13) TaliesinNYC:
ok
(114) Artellan:
thanks for the friendly reception
(13) TaliesinNYC:
server will be Open 2, Open 3, Better Games or Andurin and the room will be Damrosil
(46) Vrondard: Disconnecting from server...
(46) Vrondard (exit): 02:18
(13) TaliesinNYC:
later
(18) Renly: Disconnecting from server...
(18) Renly (exit): 02:18
Disconnecting from server...
Game disconnected!

 


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms