Attempting to ENABLE moderation
in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(809) DM: so last session you freed Elexa's
uncle, teleported out of Castle Justheart and into an ambush
(809) DM: and well, the rest is history
(805) Joroch: *in a Mills Lane voice* Let's get it on!
(812) Gatz has sent you a tree node...
(806) Rynn: (X_x)
(807) Git: (where are we coming back in?)
(809) DM: Some time later, you waken from your
collective stupor only to find that you've been stripped, bound and gagged, and
herded into a small clearing. Malvira and her goons sneer on seeing you wake.
(809) Malvira: "Kneel."
** (805) Joroch shakes his head slightly as he wakes.
Seeing his captors standing over them, he simply looks at them, with no
(809) DM: Kha's lifeless body lies a short
distance away, tossed on top of a horse like a sack of potatoes.
** (806) Rynn mutters incomprehesibly what was probably
a string of curse words. **
(809) Malvira: "I SAID KNEEL!"
** (807) Git sighs, settling to his knees, offering
offhand, "Alright, but the last woman who asked me to kneel at least
returned the favor." **
** (809) Malvira gestures to a rogue who clubs Rynn
on the back of her head with the butt of a shortsword. **
** (806) Rynn gives in, kneeling down, her eyes
burning with fury. **
(809) Malvira: "Good."
** (805) Joroch just looks atraight at Malvira. **
** (812) Agatha tries to say "Drop dead you perverted
whore!" but with the gag it sounds more like "Mmph med moo mphmph
(809) Malvira: "Right now, I could kill
you. It would be easy. It would be merciful. Unfortunately for you, I am not
merciful. You have caused a minor inconvenience to my lords and ladies. To
them, you have been no more than an irritating fly. But, you do not know my
lords. They are cruel, oh, quite cruel. They would not swat a fly -- no, they
are slow and patient."
(807) Git: (oh missed GAGGED)
(807) Git: (guess that came out as a lot of
mumbling then. ;p)
(809) Malvira: "They have sent you to me,
not for me to kill you, not yet. No, first you will work as my slaves. Then,
perhaps you will wish to die. Indeed, you might collapse from exhaustion. But,
I will have you raised. And we will begin again. I wonder, how long, how many
times can you survive?"
** (807) Git mumbles some question through his gag.
(809) Malvira: "You may be wondering how
you came here. We found the scroll of portals. It was easy enough to change the
magicka on the scroll. And now that we're outside of that cursed castle, the
lord you brought is a thorn no longer in my lady's side. And his magicka is
useless, as it did not protect him one whit."
** (809) Malvira paces a bit, looking smug. **
(809) Malvira: "Bring their things."
** (812) Agatha just smiles as she imagines what
she'll do with this deluded wench. "Mmph." **
(809) DM: A rogue lumbers forward, dragging a
sack that clinks and thuds.
(809) Malvira: "You recognize these?"
** (805) Joroch remains where he awoke, simple
watching Malvira as though she was a boring play. **
** (812) Agatha looks around for the Luggage. She
tries to be discreet. **
(814) Zach (enter): 22:26
** (807) Git settles from kneeling to a comfortable
seat upon his heels, listening to the posturing, waiting for his turn to speak,
as if this were a civilized discussion, in spite of bounds. **
(809) Malvira: "An ilythi'iri dagger. How
lovely. I haven't seen one of these in years."
** (806) Rynn took a while to notice, but once her
eyes locked onto Kha's form the fire in her eyes fades and her head drops. **
** (809) Malvira drags a dagger set with a glowing
amethyst out of the sack and tosses it into a pit of quicksand. **
(809) Malvira: "Oh, a cloak of Imperial
silk. A pity you won't need this anymore."
** (809) Malvira tosses a green and brown elven cloak
to one of her rogues who uses it as a scabbard. **
(807) Git: (are hands bound in front of
(809) DM: She's quite thorough in going through
your belongings, which she gives away to her minions or tosses into a pit of
(809) DM: (back)
(809) Malvira: "Now. Our rendevous with the
Sinking Ghoul is in three days. Forced march to the coast, and from there we
set sail. March, or die, it's your choice."
** (807) Git sighs through his mask, as Malvira makes
a show of power, and turns to Joroch, nudging the othe man. Idly, the rogue
mumbles through his gag, as if holding a casual conversation. **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (814)
** (805) Joroch moves his gaze to Git as he gets
** (806) Rynn looks around, counting the heads of the
enemy, not having a chance when she first passed through the portal. **
** (809) Emistil comes up to Malvira and whispers in
her ear. **
** (809) Malvira shrugs. "Bring the youth. He's
too dangerous but I shall do our lady's bidding." **
(807) Git: *mumblemumblemumble*
whispering to Rob, about 20-25. half that number
died during the battle.
** (805) Joroch gives Git a slight nod and turns his
gaze back to Emistil, at whom he gives a slight grin. **
(809) Malvira: "Bring them along. We leave
within the hour."
** (807) Git randomly shifts his head about as he
carries on through the cloth in his mouth, eyes discretely noting where each
useful bit of his gear goes. **
(814) Zach has sent you a tree node...
(809) Emistil: "Up." (gestures to you,
as a phalanx of rogues surrounds you to make sure you do his bidding)
(809) Emistil: "It's a long walk to the
coast. I hope you're up to it." (snickers)
** (807) Git hops up, and gives a curt stance, as if
a salute would accompany it, if he could lift his arms **
** (812) Agatha tries to singal to the luggage to
rescue their gear from the pit after the party leaves, then follow **
** (805) Joroch waits until one of the captors helps
'motivate' him to stand - his gaze never leaving Emistil. **
** (814) Berard stumbles to his feet. **
** (806) Rynn shifts to her feet, her eyes not moving
from Kha's corpse, as much as she tries to hide it, she appears broken already.
** (809) Malvira takes a long look at Kha before
heading to the front of your group. **
** (814) Berard quitely murmurs a prayer for the dead
for Kha. **
** (812) Agatha gets up, eyeing the crowd for any
(807) Git: (what kind of bonds do we have
(809) DM: (flax rope, and lots of it)
** (807) Git stands, watching Malvira, grinning below
his gag, waiting. **
(809) DM: (your hands are bound tightly, and
cloth gags stuffed in your mouths and tied around your faces)
(809) DM: Your captors keep a close eye on you,
and prod you forward as Malvira gives the signal to start marching.
(807) Git: (do we have clothes, or are we
freezing in the winter naked?)
(809) DM: (loincloth, if that.)
(807) Git: (ah.. how long till hypothermia
(807) Git: (roughly..?)
(816) Zane (enter): 22:46
(809) DM: (well, it's not winter, so probably
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (816)
(809) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(805) Zane' from
(805) Zane (exit): 22:46
(809) DM: (more like late spring)
(807) Git: (oh? thought it was cold weather
when we first arrived in Kern. Maybe I'm thinking of something else. nevermind)
(809) DM: (I'd have to go look. I can always do
a retcon if necessary.)
(807) Git: (no matter)
(809) Emistil: "Ungag them, except for
him" (points at Berard) "and her" (points at Rynn).
(809) DM: One of the rogues asks, "do you
think that's wise, Emmy?", to which he's slapped.
** (806) Rynn growls through her gag. **
(809) Emistil: "The fresh air will do them
some good." (snickers)
** (807) Git peers up at "Emmy", giving the
man an approving nod. **
** (816) Joroch works his jaw a little once the gag
is removed, but otherwise doesn't seem to respond. **
** (807) Git works his mouth a bit, and spits out the
"gag taste", before speaking up to Emistil, "My thanks. I do
find it utterly boring to travel in silence." **
(809) Emistil: "M'lady wants you healthy,
so hale you shall be."
** (809) Emistil mounts his horse as you march
(807) Git: "Of course, after all, we
are the honoured guests of the Council, yes? I shall try to be well mannered in
(809) Emistil: "Guests of the
(812) Agatha: "How gracious of you.
When all this is over, I'll try to make sure you die last."
(809) Emistil: "D'ja hear that? They think
they're goin' south."
(807) Git: "Well... a Councillor
(809) DM: Guffaws all around.
(809) Emistil: "Yer goin' to Highport, ta
be sold on th' block."
(807) Git: "Is that all?"
** (806) Rynn does nothing but walk in silence, stray
tears falling in the thought of Kha. **
** (809) Emistil slips into an easy cadence as his
speech slurs. **
(807) Git: :blinks: "That seems rather
tame really. You were ordered to take us alive, yes?"
** (816) Joroch remains quiet, even with his gag
removed. He simply walks, watching the sights as they travel. **
(809) Feodor: "Th' black ones want yer
** (809) Feodor falls silent as Emistil throws him a
look that could melt steel. **
(807) Git: "You mean the one sprawled
dead over your horse?"
(809) Eldredd: "Whomever din', well yer
** (806) Rynn winces. **
** (809) Feodor glances at Emistil, who nods once. **
(807) Git: "Strange, I still feel
rather spry for a dead man."
(809) Feodor: "Ays."
(807) Git: "And we're simply to be sold
(809) Feodor: "You might."
(809) Feodor: "To th' highest bidder."
(807) Git: :unimpressed: "A bit boring
really... anticlimactic. I suppose they really do still want us alive."
(809) Eldredd: "Yer wiggly friends 'ill
fetch a high price. They shud be proud."
** (809) Eldredd tosses his head at Berard. **
** (807) Git wears a thoughtful expression as he
walks along, apparrently something in his mind more important than the goons
surrounding them. **
** (814) Berard grunts sourly. **
** (809) Eldredd jerks his thumb at Rynn. "If'n
ye behave, might rise up wid a lord." **
(807) Git: :looks up and nods: "Oh,
yes.. I'd say we're all in quite fine shape. Should fetch a wonderful
(809) Edwin: "Thas if they win onner tha'
Arena." (grins toothlessly)
(807) Git: "Well, Joroch may be drafted
to that calling."
** (816) Joroch chuckles. **
(816) Joroch: "You speak as though this
Arena would be difficult. As I recall, Emmy's warrior companion was not match
for us - much less an arena."
(807) Git: "Personally I'm hoping to be
a houseboy to a still young yet Nympho who entertains garden parties in sapphic
tradition with myself a token male." :sighs: "More likely, our owner
is already picked."
(807) Git: "So, what will you do with
your intended target slain?" :nodding toward Kha:
** (809) Edwin grins and wiggles his tongue around.
(809) Edwin: "Not agains' warriors."
(809) Emistil: "She wants him."
(816) Joroch: "Ahh, beasts then I take
it? Even easier."
(807) Git: "Talakara?"
(809) Edwin: "Shud be fun. No knives, just
** (809) Emistil shrugs. "M'lady. I dun' know
her name." **
** (816) Joroch shrugs - apparently not concerned. **
(807) Git: "Oh, so you'r just
conscripted goons? That explains much."
(807) Git: "Are you all together then,
or separate companies?"
(809) Eldredd: "We're paid well."
(807) Git: "Of course you are."
:humors back, as if the man were a child showing off a fancy toy:
(816) Joroch: (( gonna grab a smoke while we
(807) Git: "Is Malvira the one directly
connected to your Lady, then?"
** (809) Eldredd looks at Emistil but he's not paying
** (809) Eldredd shrugs. **
(809) Eldredd: "Whom'ver pays us th' price."
** (812) Agatha occassionally looks back behind her
as if searching for something. Or perhaps she just misses her hard-won
(807) Git: "Ah, then I guess I'm
wasting tiem speaking with you." :speaks in resignment rather than
offense.: "I wonder if she even knows who you're working for."
(807) Git: "Do you even know who
ordered you to dump the magical items in that particularly sand pit?"
(807) Git: Bluff Skill Check: [1d20+19 ]
=> [7,19] = (26)
(807) Git: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+9 ]
=> [14,9] = (23)
(809) Feodor: "Wer they?"
(810) Lord Volker (exit): 23:28
** (807) Git grins with some amusement. **
(809) Eldredd: "We do wot we're tol' to
(807) Git: :nods: "Yes.. you
** (807) Git is quite sure of that, and apparently
pleased by the fact. **
** (809) Edwin wiggles his tongue around and grins.
(809) DM: (ok to FF if you like)
(816) Joroch: (( sounds good ))
(807) Git: :in some arrogance: "Do stop
grinning. You don't even know what's going on."
(807) Git: (sure)
(806) Rynn: (yeah)
(812) Agatha: ((go for it))
** (809) Edwin shrugs. **
(809) DM: After three days of marching, you're
brought aboard the Sinking Ghoul, a slave galley.
(809) DM: Your ropes are replaced with chains
and manacles; the cloth gags with iron mouthpieces.
** (814) Berard looks like death warmed over, the
march has been difficult for him, and he is tripping over his own feet when
they get to the galley. **
(809) DM: You're separated and assigned duties
aboard the galley. Joroch, Aggie and Git -- as oarsmen. Berard -- to the
galley/hold. Rynn -- to the crow's nest.
(809) DM: As you're assigned your separate
groups, the captain looks you over and thanks Malvira for her service to the
Grand Dukes of Kern, then dismisses her and her minions.
** (816) Joroch falls into his assigned duty, doing
as he is asked. **
** (807) Git wonders where the last three days went,
as he now sits at an oar. (damn flashback blackouts!) **
(809) Arslan: "Bring the youth below decks.
And step lively. Wouldn't want to keep the lady waiting."
** (809) Arslan points to Joroch. "You, boy. Be
careful, unless you want to be fish food." **
** (812) Agatha narrows her eyes at the captain in
suspicious but continues on. **
** (816) Joroch corrects his work as best he can,
remaining silent. **
** (806) Rynn makes an effort to glare at all those
who address her, her face battered from the physical scolding. **
(809) Arslan: "Bring him." (points to
(809) DM: The captain turns and heads into a
cabin, then climbs down a flight of steps.
** (816) Joroch stops as he is pointed to, ready to
move when the one sent for him gets to him. **
** (816) Joroch follows along without complaint to
whereever he is directed. **
(809) Arslan: "In here." (gruffly)
** (816) Joroch moves into the room. **
** (809) Arslan opens a door and yanks you inside.
Standing by a cot is a tall woman with midnight black hair and pale white skin,
in a silver robe. You have a keen sense of having seen her before. **
(809) Selene: "You can put him down here.
He'll need lots of rest."
** (816) Joroch looks at the woman, trying to place
** (809) Selene glances at Kha with a thin smile.
It's not gentle, and in fact reminds you of the edge of a knife. **
** (807) Git rows, as instructed, managing to hum a
jaunty little tune through his gag, in spite of a terribly tired and aching
** (816) Joroch looks back and forth between the
woman and Arslan, waiting to find out what is going on. **
(809) Arslan: "I hope you know what you're
doing. Lord Najardac will have my head if he finds us out."
** (809) Selene laughs. Her voice is like silver
chmes, or the tinkling of tiny bells. **
** (806) Rynn refuses to speak, even if she has the
ability. Only a nod here and there to show that she understood a command. **
(809) Selene: "Fear not. By daybreak two
days from now, it will be as if you had never seen me before."
** (809) Arslan nods, though he doesn't seem
** (816) Joroch takes a moment to tighten and relax
his muscles as he waits, trying to work the tiredness and burn out of them. **
** (812) Agatha silently rows as she eyes the area.
Someone is pulling a fast one, but who's side are they on? **
** (809) Selene reaches inside her robe and hands the
captain a bulging pouch. "Five hundred gold marks to deliver your cache to
Highport, unharmed. They can be beaten or disciplined, but I shall not have
them killed aboard your ship, or Najardac will be the LEAST of your
** (809) Selene glances at Joroch. "What are you
doing here still? Leave us!" **
(809) Arslan: "Back to the oars with
** (816) Joroch can't help but raise an eyebrow at
the exchange but quickly removes himself from the room at Selen's outburst,
apparently quite confused. **
whispering to Zane, The last thing you see as
you leave the cabin is the woman placing her hands against Kha's forehead and
concentrating as a white glow surrounds her form and infuses his skin.
** (816) Joroch pauses outside the room (if alone -
otherwise move back to the oars), seeing if he can catch any more of the
** (816) Joroch tries to find a spot at an oar with either
Aggy or Git when he returns to the oars. **
(807) Git: (are we all still gagged? and I'm
assuming chained to our seats at the oars..?)
(809) DM: (chained and manacled)
(809) DM: (you can speak)
(809) DM: (Berard is made into an assistant
(809) DM: (which isn't anything to speak of
since most of what's served is food that even pigs would turn their noses up)
(814) Berard: ( Are the casters gagged? )
(809) DM: (for instance: thin gruel, a soup made
from oats, dried fish and salt cabbage; codfish cakes and gourds filled with
(809) DM: (nope)
(807) Git: (how'd he get the cushy job?
(807) Git: )
(809) DM: (but with your hands manacled together
and no components, you might as well be)
(816) Joroch: (( if you don't want to eat it
- you really don't want to know how it was made. ))
(814) Berard: (That does it, Git is getting the
(809) DM: Although your surroundings are gloomy,
the ship is a microcosm of Kernin society. It's quite lively, even amongst your
** (806) Rynn finds herself looking to the water,
wondering if the chain did not bind her to the crows nest if she would just try
to jump in and let herself sink. It was a tought that frightened her. As much
as she tried to stay attentive, her eyes kept wandering to the shadows of the
crows nest. An observent listener might even hear her whisper to them. **
(809) Alicia: "You're a quiet one."
** (809) Alicia is a navigator and a bosun. **
** (807) Git chats with some of the other inmates, a
bit of "what're ya in for?" conversation to pass the time, and see if
anyone knows any good chanties. **
** (806) Rynn looks to Alicia and back to the shadow,
then turns back again, uttering her first coherant words in days,
(809) Alicia: "Where ya from?"
** (809) Alicia shoos away flies as she calls down
your position. **
(806) Rynn: "A place of misery. It
seems I am going home."
(809) Alicia: "Hmph. Can't be worse than
(809) Alicia: "I'm Licia. From Wylund,
though now this ship is home."
** (812) Agatha is quiet and spends her time sizing
up the crew and figuring out a way to properly interrogate Selene. Just asking
in the positions they're in won't turn up anything reliable. **
** (814) Berard shuffles around the kitchen preparing
food in silence. With his body between the food and the head cook, he quickly
puts together some of the stale cakes, being careful to scuff one of them with
** (816) Joroch finds a spot next to Aggy to row and
after getting chained back into place, takes up the oar again. Once the guards
move off, he quietly mutters to her. "I met a tall woman with midnight
black hair and pale white skin, wearing a silver robe. She's who hired this
** (814) Berard heads off to serve the other
(812) Agatha: ((oh sorry. Thought we skipped
(812) Agatha: "Hmph. And who is she
(816) Joroch: (( no prob, I had been getting
some other info down. ))
(809) Shayla: "Where does the fourth raven
fly?" (to Git)
(816) Joroch: "Not Najardac. She's
hiding this from him."
(806) Rynn: "I might have been
there." :Rynn shoots the shadow a quick glare before looking back over the
** (814) Berard moves among the slaves handing out
(809) Alicia: "Welp, if ya dun' wanna talk,
ya dun' wanna talk. Tho' ya might as well get used to it. Or bored."
(812) Agatha: "That doesn't rule out
her working for another member of the Nine."
(814) Berard: :to Git: "Here, have a cake.
They might be a bit chunky, so eat carefully."
** (814) Berard presses the marked cake into Git's
** (809) Shayla rows beside Git, though she can't
help but glance at him from time to time. **
(816) Joroch: "True, his was the only
name mentioned. Oh, and apparently we are worth 500 gold, total." Joroch
frowns as he mentions this last tidbit.
(806) Rynn: "I perfer the countryside,
aimless wandering. There are a lot of places I have probably been and will
** (814) Berard moves on to the other slaves until
all of the cakes have been served, after which he returns to the galley. **
(809) Alicia: "I don' remember much. Cap'n
mentions there was a raid, but I was just a baby."
(807) Git: :grins up to Berard: "thank
you, oh so much." :rests his rowing to take the cake, and turns to Shayla.
"I've been waiting all day for someone to ask me that.... Cake?"
:offers the chunky cake.:
(809) Shayla: "Kinda far from home to be
** (809) Shayla takes a bit of cake. **
(812) Agatha: "Hmph. So tell me about
the woman. What did she look like?"
(807) Git: "Well, home is where the
heart is, and I like to carry mine in my chest. THough it does roam a bit at
times." :peers aside: "A bit far flung yourself, no?"
(809) Shayla: "Oh, I see. Chunky cake."
(nods carefully, then continues rowing)
** (806) Rynn looks at the cake she recieves,
"Would you have a key to these manicals? This is going to be
(809) Shayla: "Been a slave for a couple
** (814) Berard sets about cleaning the galley once
the food for the shift has been served. **
(809) Shayla: "Hard life."
(816) Joroch: "Tall, midnight black
hair, pale white skin. Seemed familiar for some reason, but can't say
(807) Git: "Yeah, but can you match these
benefits anywhere else?" :with blatant sarcasm.:
(809) Shayla: "Nyp."
(809) Shayla: "Though we're to make
landfall in two days. Highport 'cordin to the cap'n."
(807) Git: :nods: "It s a lovely town,
or so I've heard. Been there before?"
(812) Agatha: "Aye you said that
already. What I want to know is what we're dealing with. Was she
strong-looking? Did she wear robes or charms? Things like that are what I'm
(809) Shayla: "Nyp, 'cept at my
(807) Git: "Is that why you're going back?
(809) Shayla: "Thas' an evil town though.
Rumor has it it's ruled by an emerald drake."
(809) Shayla: "Nyp. Need to restock, sez
(809) Shayla: cap'n."
(812) Agatha: "Best way to up your shot
in a fight is to use your eyes before anything happens. Figure out what they're
about and you'll already have the first few swings won."
(807) Git: "Oh, you're a permanent
fixture aboard this ship then?"
(816) Joroch: "Oh. Uh, silver robe.
Didn't seem physical to me. Voice sounded like bells. Oh, and she did something
to Kha's body. Something involving a white glow."
(809) Shayla: "Could say that."
(807) Git: :nods: "Enjoying your
(809) Shayla: "Your friends are like you,
far. Barbarian from the Fhaard. And the others from the north."
** (812) Agatha turns suddenly to Joroch.
** (809) Shayla shrugs. "It's a hard life."
(816) Joroch: "I'm fairly sure the
captain wanted me to see her. She didn't seem pleased that I was around, but
I'm sure I was supposed to see at least part of the exchange."
** (807) Git nods, "Yes... loud too." **
** (816) Joroch looks to Aggy. "Bells, chimes,
that's what her voice sounded like." **
(809) Shayla: "Welp, we could help each
other, if you want." (mutters)
(809) Alicia: "Neber been to the country,
but I always wanted to go." (takes on a dreamy look)
(807) Git: "Oh, really depends what
kind of help you intend. I mean, the only help I'm really interested in is
(809) Shayla: "That's what I mean. You
scratch my back and I'
(809) Shayla: I'll scratch yours."
** (812) Agatha snaps at Joroch in hushed tones.
"Not that you idiot! Some witch is using magic on the lad's corpse and you
don't tell me that first?" **
** (806) Rynn tries to eat the cake as best she can
with her mouth, "It's the only place I'm not hunted." **
(809) Alicia: "Hunted? Why, wot for?"
(816) Joroch: "It was magick, why would
** (809) Alicia shoos away flies. **
(807) Git: :grins; "Thank, I'll settle
for a bit of metal or a nail to pick these locks with though." :whispers:
"With some assistance, we could be controlling this ship by morning."
(809) Shayla: "I don't think so. I mean to
be out of here when we dock." (whispers)
** (806) Rynn shakes her head, "Never mind I
said that, it's a very...personal thing... It hardly matters now
(812) Agatha: "So either she's a saint
or a damned necromancer raising an undead mage who can use some One Power to
conjure fiery spears and shoot bolts of lightning. Lovely."
(807) Git: :nods: "We could go that way
as well. Personally I was thinking of taking the ship, binding and gagging the
crew and selling them into slavery, while we sail off. But then again, I'm
prone to fantasies. I take it you have plans of your own."
(816) Joroch: "Or reading memories, or
locating something or someone he knew, or any of hundreds of other
(816) Joroch: "Does it change anything
to know that there was some kind of magick being cast?"
(809) Shayla: "Oh, a few."
(812) Agatha: "Damned right it does!
Some swaggering meathead or a sniveling yes-man I could handle. Throw magic
into the mix and everything goes cock-eyed."
(809) Shayla: "All in good time. If we get
separated, look for Harlequin at the Manta Ray."
(807) Git: :gives a nod: "I'll be sure
to look it up."
(816) Joroch: "True, it does have that
(812) Agatha: "As for what kind of
magic, Kha's dead. There's only one thing for a mage to do with a dead body:
Raise it, one way or another."
(816) Joroch: "If you say so. Too many
different magicks for me to ever worry about them."
(807) Git: "So, how did you end up a
(809) Shayla: "You could say I rotated a
few jobs here and there."
(809) Shayla: "And slept with Arslan on the
side but not before I gave him the clap in revenge."
(809) Shayla: "He didn't want to kick me
overboard so made me a rower."
(812) Agatha: "Hmph. In case you hadn't
noticed, we're surrounded by the stuff. Being able to spot the bad ones and
fight 'em is the only chance we've got."
(815) Stormcrow (enter): 00:44
(807) Git: :nods: "Purpose placement, a
spot of revenge. I like it. But why have you not tried to leave before now.
Surely I'm not the first person to take a seat beside you, anxious to
(809) Shayla: "Well, look around you."
(816) Joroch: "And follow the good ones
(815) Stormcrow (exit): 00:45
(809) Shayla: "A slave in Kern might as
well be in a death sentence."
(809) Shayla: "And don't think I haven't
(807) Git: "All the more reason to do
whatever it takes to escape."
(807) Git: "What happened the last time
(809) Shayla: "His pet diabolist caught me
in the act and would've gutted me. Fortunately love won out."
(807) Git: "Diabolist...?"
(809) Shayla: "Oh, you're not from
(809) Shayla: "I keep forgetting."
(809) Shayla: "Wizzies who practice blood
magicka, or summon infernals. They used to be widespread in the years before
the Devastation centuries ago. They're known more in Mel'Cendia, but for
obvious reasons are feared here."
(807) Git: "Thank you for the textbook
description, but I wasn't asking what, but who is this diabolist you speak
(809) DM: (I'm fading, though I'll try to stay
up a bt more. Also I haven't really prepped as much as I'd like to for the next
leg of this module.)
(809) Shayla: "Szasarz. He likes to carve
himself up. If you look around long enough, you'll see him when he thinks
you're not looking." (shudders at saying his name)
(807) Git: "Right, I'll be sure to
greet the fellow properly when we meet."
(807) Git: :just a hint of suggestion in his
(809) DM: (ok, I really am fading)
(816) Joroch: (( no prob. ))
(806) Rynn: (All right)
(809) DM: (gimme a sec)
(807) Git: (fair enough, don't we're doing
anything till whatever the next step in the module is anywa)
(812) Agatha: ((I'm fine with stopping,
though I'm having fun berating the meathead about how much he sucks at fighting
(816) Joroch: (( bah - you'll have to do a
lot more to get to him though. ))
(809) DM: (feel free to continue RPing.)
** (806) Rynn keeps her attention divided between the
shadow and the ocean. **
** (816) Joroch keeps his voice quiet, but very
matter-of-fact as he talks with Aggy. **
** (812) Agatha conversely speaks with a certain
passion as she berates Joroch. **
(812) Agatha: "...And what's that
nonsense about closin' your eyes and all that focus before ya step into the
ring. You should already know all about yourself another few seconds ain't
gonna help any."
** (816) Joroch starts to explain, but seeing that
she is in rant mode, he just lets her continue. **
(816) Joroch: (( or, I'm assuming that since
I see you still typing. ))
** (807) Git continues chatting about with Shayla and
the surrounding slaves, acting his general friendly self, and has apparently
decided to stop rowing for the time being. **
(812) Agatha: "Keeping your eyes open
and watching what the other guy's doing. That's what'll win you that the fight.
Keepin' 'em closed is why you can't hit squat and can't fill me in on the most
important things to know about someone we might have to fight to get outta
** (812) Agatha realizes at this point that it's
impossible to storm off in a triumphant huff when you're chained down in place.
(809) DM: (okay, best for me to stop here)
(816) Joroch: Joroch waits until she stops
to catch her breath, "If you are actually curious, I can show you my
method. As far as the magick workers around here, I am not accustomed to so
many. I should have hit that wizard when we first faced the trio, but I
miscalculated and thought their warrior friend would be the most
(809) DM: (I'm going to keep this window oipen
(809) DM: (but if you want to continue talking,
be my guest)
(806) Rynn: (T_T Rynn is alone...)
(816) Joroch: (( so is Berard... ))
(807) Git: (git only has NPC's ;p)
(809) DM: Eventually Arslan will assign you new
(814) Berard: (Yeah, but Berard can talk to his
(816) Joroch: (( congrats - Berard can seem
to talk to himself. That should keep the others away from him. ))
(812) Agatha: "Your 'method' is
useless. And going after the mage first wouldn've ended the fight the same way
it did, just with one less corpse on the ground."
(812) Agatha: "Now quiet down meathead.
I gotta figure out how we get to the next scene."
(816) Joroch: "You have your thoughts
surely - but my method is not useless by any means."
** (816) Joroch nods, whether Aggy is paying
attention or not, and puts his focus fully into rowing. **
** (812) Agatha doesn't bother to answer as she
ponders her visions. **
(812) Agatha: ((Stop here?))
(816) Joroch: (( I'm good. ))
(806) Rynn: (allright)
(816) Zane: Equipment and materials to
travel to another country: 30,000 gp
(816) Zane: dealing with getting caught in
an ambush: cost 1/3 or pride.
(816) Zane: Seeing Aggy's reaction to
finding out about magic being cast on her dead friend: priceless.
(816) Zane: *1/3 of pride
(806) Rynn: see you guys next week, unless
there's anything else that needs to be said
(816) Zane: don't think so. see you all
(814) Berard: Bye
Disconnecting from server...
(806) Rob (exit): 01:22
(807) Git: adios
Disconnecting from server...
(807) Lunauc (exit): 01:22
(814) Zach (exit): 01:23
(816) Zane: see you tomorrow Stan.
(816) Zane (exit): 01:32
(812) Agatha: laterz
Disconnecting from server...
(812) Gatz (exit): 01:34