Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
11 users online
5 Registered
0 Hidden
6 Guests
Registered Users: Ace Homework, CharlesAgils, Daltonmip, DouDoomo, Minuala


Back to Tolmara Logs
Attempting to assign the role of GM to (498) TaliesinNYC

Attempting to assign the role of GM to (498) TaliesinNYC...
(498) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(483) TaliesinNYC' from room...
(483) TaliesinNYC (exit): 22:01
(477) Zane: gw g=So, we still got everyone?
(485) Rob: yeeep
(485) Rynn: Oh, something I've always felt left out about, how do you group whisper?
(498) DM: (ok)
(498) DM: (120) Git: "Well.. that was pathetic."
** (119) Joroch looks at the empty air. "Yes, we shall." **
** (119) Joroch moves to the fallen warrior and wipes his blade clean on the man's garments before sheathing it. **
** (127) Agatha cleans the blood off her axe. "Forget them. They know we're here now. We have to light the signal and get the man out if he's here." **

(477) Joroch: "Then let
(477) Joroch: 's get moving."
** (494) Git kneels to search the woman's body, curious if perhaps something she had on her allowed her to spot them, though looking for anything else of value. "You here anyone coming?" **
** (489) Kha nods **
(477) Joroch: (( the woman disappeared with the mage - only the warrior's dead body remains. ))
(494) Git: (oh right... duh)
(494) Git: (checking the warrior's body then)
(494) Git: (particularly for any keys or notes he may carry)
** (477) Joroch indicates the door out of the room (not to the stairs, but the remaining door - I believe it is the door from 8 to 10), wanting to make sure the others are ready to go before heading out. **
** (489) Kha heads though the door Joroch indicates **
** (477) Joroch goes with Kha **
(494) Git: (connection check)
(489) Kha: (( youre here ))
** (485) Rynn sits outside the tower, ever focused on her illusion. **
whispering to Lunauc, chain mail, bastard sword with an emerald set in a drake-shaped pommel, light crossbow, 25 quarrels, pouch containing four diamonds
** (494) Git grabs a pouch from the body, pocketing it, Grabs up the man's crossbow and quarrel and bastard sword, before following after Kha and Joroch. **
** (494) Git sheathes the warrior's sword, and carries his own at the ready. **
(501) Gatz (enter): 22:18
(498) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(487) Gatz' from room...
(487) Gatz (exit): 22:20
(494) Git: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [2,5] = (7)
(494) Git: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [10,5] = (15)
(489) Kha: (( Stan Still connected? ))
(477) Joroch: (( yeah ))
(498) DM: (it might be helpful in the past if people wait for the DM to describe the room before they ask questions about WHAT the room looks like)
(498) DM: Red marble tiles cover the floor of this comfortable room (10). The only furnishings are a large desk with several items on it, a comfortable chair, a four-poster bed and a bookcase. The room is lit by torches placed in sconces.
(498) DM: There's a door to your immediate right.
** (477) Joroch continues on to the next door, as he sees no sign of the hostage yet, opening it to whatever lies behind it. **
** (494) Git gives the room a once over for inhabitants, before moving to the next door. placing his ear to it to listen for anyone on the other side. **
** (489) Kha heads to the bookcase and looks it over for anything interesting **
** (477) Joroch gives Git room instead, letting him handle the door. **
(494) Git: (unless Joroch gets there first of course)
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, books on various subjects such as history, law, astronomy, architecture and heraldry.
(477) Joroch: (( go for it. ))
** (501) Agatha leaves Git and Joroch to fight over the door. She tries to determines if anyone ran through here, invisible or no. **
(498) DM: This large room (9) is mostly empty. Torches placed in brackets illuminate the chamber wall enough to see a pair of game tables at one end. The larger table has a game board and a dagger lying atop it. Perhaps the room's most notable feature is its stone forge. Next to the forge is another table made of sturdy oak, and this table contains a number of implements. A large pail sits nearby.
(498) DM: A large wooden barrel sits in the NW corner.
** (489) Kha picks up a book on architecture and heads over to the desk and sits down to start reading **
(494) Git: "Guy sure likes his gambling."
(494) Git: (no other doors, right?)
(498) DM: (correct)
** (477) Joroch looks around, and seeing no doors he looks back to the previous room. He glances back and forth, trying to figure out the way out. **
(494) Git: "Time to double back. Think this place has a dungeon?"
(501) Agatha: "What's a proper castle without one?"
(477) Joroch: "The stiars did continue down."
** (494) Git turns and heads back through room 8, headed for the stairs, stopping to wait for the others, and listen for movement above or below. **
** (477) Joroch follows Git. **
** (489) Kha tosses the book down, when he sees the others backtracking, and follows **
** (494) Git begins down the stairs when the others are ready, keeping cautious, but quick, expecting company soon. **
(498) DM: (though the map doesn't show it, the stairs continue down past this floor)
(498) DM: (there's a landing and an arch that leads to 5)
** (477) Joroch keeps a hand on the hilt of his sword. **
** (489) Kha heads over to the first door he sees though the arch (door to 6) and tries to open it **
(498) DM: (so you go through 5?)
** (494) Git stops as Kha veers off, whispering to the others, "Did he spot something?" **
** (477) Joroch shrugs in response. **
(489) Kha: (( ya, wont continue to the door if he sees people ))
(498) DM: (k)
(498) DM: (again, might want to wait for the description)
(498) DM: The only feature in this room (5) is a moss-covered well in the north corner. A rickety wooden door is set in the nearby wall.
(494) Git: (well..? is this the ground floor?)
(477) Joroch: (( no more stairs going down - sounds right. ))
(494) Git: (which might be the basement.. or sub-basement..)
(489) Kha: (( he said the stairs continued down ))
(477) Joroch: (( oh right - misread it the first time. ))
** (489) Kha opens the door to the next room (6) ignoring the moss **
(498) DM: This cold, dark room is filled with barrels and burlap bags. A circular stone platform occupies the north corner of the room, and two barrels stand on it.
(498) DM: There is also a door in the west wall of (5).
** (489) Kha heads back to the main room and tries the other door **
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, locked
(489) Kha: "This door is locked, wana check it Git?"
** (494) Git sighs. "Try knocking.. maybe you'll get an answer." :as he heads after Kha: **
** (489) Kha knocks on the door **
(498) DM: There's no response.
(494) Git: "We're kind of in a hurry. Checking every door is gonna take too long.." :if Kha doesn't get an answer, git will whip out a couple picks and pop the lock.:
(489) Kha: "Nope, no response." ** guess we can come back to it after we check all the open doors **
(494) Git: "I was figuring we'd start at the basement, most likely spot for a dungoen. I'm just hoping those two didn't head straight to the hostage."
(498) DM: A voice shouts behind it, "Help!"
(489) Kha: (( behind the door to 7? ))
(494) Git: "Hmm?" :arches a brow, as he picks the lock:
(498) DM: (yes)
(498) DM: More of the same.
** (494) Git puts away his picks and opens the door. **
(498) DM: Beyond a narrow archway is a damp and filthy chamber filled with tools from a darker era. From the entrance, you can see a ramshackle torture chamber in the center of the room and a spiked iron cage hanging from the ceiling by rusted chains. Other devices from stone daggers to thumbscrews, vises to hammers are strewn about as well. Half buried in the dirt are the skeletons of two individuals who met their end here years ago.
(498) Voice: "Help! Help!"
** (501) Agatha follows the voice, greataxe in hand. **
** (494) Git moves in, looking over the room, ready on alert, as he heads for the voices source **
** (477) Joroch follows Agatha into the room. **
(489) Kha: "Good thing I decided to check this floor, eh Git?" ** heads into the room and looks for a way to get the cage down and open **
(494) Git: "Yeah.. strange when your wanderings pay off... makes me nervous."
(498) DM: In one of the cells is a disheveled and fatigued man.
(498) DM: He seems haggard, and looks up at you. He cries hoarsely, "Help me, please!"
(494) Git: "Hello, sir. May we ask your name?"
(498) Harkon, Lord Justheart: "Harkon....and you are?"
(494) Git: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [2,9] = (11)
(494) Git: :whispers to Kha: "Anyway to know if this is an illusion?"
(489) Kha: "Kha Operan, Slayer of Khalitarius, Lord of the Citadel of Brass; Pharoah Who Sits in Judgment Over the Unfaithful; Weaver of the One Power; Cleric of The Lord of Fate"
(489) Kha: "Umm poke it and see if he screams?"
** (489) Kha follows the chain to the cage to see if there is a way to lower it. **
(498) Harkon, Lord Justheart: "Well, if you're here to kill me, then get on with it."
(494) Git: :keeps his voice to a whisper: "Could just be a guy in disguise though, not to mention we have no idea what the real man looks like. It just seems strange. They know we're here, but no action has been taken against us."
(501) Agatha: "They wouldn't have the time to set a trap like this. Git, can you beat the lock on the cell door?"
(477) Joroch: "They may have run off when they saw how easily we could defeat them now that we got in."
(494) Git: "It could have been in place long before we were here.. but.."
** (494) Git moves to the mab's cage, offering, "We come on behalf of your niece, to rescue you. Are you the only living captive?" **
** (498) Harkon just stares at you. **
(498) Harkon: "You're taking an awfully long time to 'rescue' me."
(489) Kha: "Thats cause Git here is overly cautious, but that comes from his past associations"
** (494) Git begins picking the lock, "After being strung up this long, you complain about waiting 20 seconds more?" **
** (477) Joroch moves back to stand just inside the door to watch for any company while the others work on freeing Harkon. **
(498) Voice: "THE PRISONER IS ESCAPING! THE PRISONER IS ESCAPING!"
(498) DM: Malvira's voice suddenly shouts as you begin picking the lock.
** (477) Joroch looks for the source of the voice as he draws out his blade. **
** (498) Harkon seems taken aback and cringes on hearing that. **
** (494) Git looks for where the voice is coming from **
(501) Agatha: "A magic alarm. Lovely."
(501) Agatha: "Looks like we fight our way out, unless m'lord knows about a back door somewhere?"
** (494) Git pulls off the loud lock and tosses it to Joroch, "Throw that down the well." **
(498) Harkon: "In my bedchamber..."
** (477) Joroch grabs the lock and does as Git asks. **
** (494) Git helps the man out of his cage. "Are you alrigth to walk?" **
(501) Agatha: "Where's this bedchamber?"
** (498) Harkon nods slowly. "Yes, yes I think so..." **
(498) Harkon: "Above us."
(494) Git: "Good, cause we gotta hustle."
** (489) Kha offers his arm to Harkon **
(507) dustyme (enter): 23:31
** (498) Harkon takes it and hobbles out of his cell. "If we live, I shall see that you are repaid handsomely." **
** (494) Git leaves Harkon to the others, as he heads back out throuh the well room, where the lock has hopefull been muffled by the water by now. Moving to the stairs, he listens for replying guards, waiting for the others to catch up. **
** (477) Joroch sees if he is needed to help Harkon - otherwise he quickly moves up with Git. **
** (489) Kha helps Harkon, leting him direct our path **
(501) Agatha: "Oh good, because living didn't seem like quite enough motivation."
(498) DM: He leads you to the bedroom on the floor above you.
(507) dustyme (exit): 23:34
(494) Git: "Out of curiousity, Harkon, do you know who these infiltrators are?" :asks as the man finds our exit.:
** (477) Joroch moves with the group, keeping his eyes and ears open as they move. Once they reach the bedroom, he remains near the door until everyone has entered. He then closes the door again behind them. **
** (498) Harkon shakes his head. "Though I do have my suspicions." **
** (498) Harkon searches his bookcase. "The scroll has to be here somewhere..." **
(494) Git: "Do you know what they were after here?"
(498) Harkon: "Plans regarding opposition to the Nine Council."
(498) Harkon: "That would be my best guess."
(489) Kha: "Was it in a book about Architecture?"
** (498) Harkon turns and regards you intently. "I assume I've not signed my death warrant." **
(498) Harkon: "It may have been."
(494) Git: "They held this castle captive so long just for that? How much information do you have?"
(489) Kha: "No not realy, we are out to take them down."
(498) Harkon: "Enough, if they knew where to look."
(498) Harkon: "If you give me the book, I should be able to take us away from here."
(494) Git: "What, teleportation scroll of some type?"
(489) Kha: "Enough to setup an attack on" ** scratches his head ** "What was the name of the town we just came from where Dame Gold and her friends got killed?"
** (489) Kha points at the book on the desk "Thats the only book I touched" **
(494) Git: :to Kha: "You mean arrested.. and very tactful by the way."
(498) Harkon: "A gate."
(494) Git: "Gate..? Gate to where?"
(498) Harkon: "That's it then."
** (498) Harkon walks to the desk and picks up the book, and slips a scroll out from within. **
(498) Harkon: "To Heathwatch, of course. On the coast."
(477) Joroch: "Kha, are you talking about Safeton, where I met up with you all?"
(489) Kha: "Ahh yes, the name of the town slipped my mind."
(494) Git: "Hold on. We have a comrade still outside. We'll have to meet up with her first."
(477) Joroch: "Harkon, How far is Heathwatch from Safeton? I'm not to familiar with the local area."
(489) Kha: "I think it was a week? but we kinda stopped along the way. Which reminds me.." ** cuts himself off **
(494) Git: "We can head up to one of the rooms with a window and signal her to meet us there."
(489) Kha: (( AFK for a smoke ))
(494) Git: (actually, this room have a window facing the front?)
(477) Joroch: "Ahh. Well Harkon - Elexa is in Safeton and likely anxious waiting for word about you."
** (501) Agatha eyes grow wide. "Rynn and Berard! They're still outside!" **
(498) DM: (yes)
(498) Harkon: "Then you'd best get them. The gate won't stay open long."
** (494) Git moves to snuff the lights in the room, save one torch. He waits a moment for the Rynn to notice the darkening of the room, before waving the torch back and forth across the window, signalling Rynn to fly to the window. **
(498) Harkon: "Ah, Elexa. I shall send word to her anon."
(477) Joroch: "Good, she will be pleased."
(494) Git: "You're sure about this gate, right? Becuase our girl outside is probably going to have to drop the illusion of the shield to fly up here. Which means we'll need to disappear quick. Which reminds me.. have you seen any guards inside?"
** (485) Rynn does take a moment to notice, but she soon casts fly on herself and Berard, the illusion lasting only a second after she takes flight toward the window, wary of any sentries. **
** (501) Agatha switches to her oft neglected bow and tries to cover Rynn's approach from the window. **
(494) Git: "So far, other than those three goons, I've only seen the guards locked up on the roof."
(498) Harkon: "The guards on the roof are an illusion."
(477) Joroch: "So was it just the three that overran you?"
(494) Git: "Oh, that explains the lack of response. Then.. how many intruders are there?"
(498) Harkon: "The castle has defenses which are not insignificant."
(498) Harkon: "I'm not sure. I think four or five."
(498) Harkon: "If you want to leave, I suggest that your friends come quickly. I mean to be away from here soon." (dryly)
** (501) Agatha turns away from the window. "Just four or five? And we're the ones running?" **
(477) Joroch: "You know, once Rynn and Berard get up here, it might be just as easy to clear the intruders out then."
(498) Harkon: "Four or five with the power of the Nine Council behind them."
(494) Git: "Hmm... I would like to grab one of them for questioning."
(498) Harkon: "Suit yourself, but I shall not be joining you."
(501) Agatha: "That just means they're good at running."
(477) Joroch: "The woman would be good - she was the voice and seemed a leader."
(485) Rynn: (is the window reached safely?)
(477) Joroch: "Besides - I'd feel bad about leaving our horses out in the wild."
(498) DM: (from?)
(494) Git: "True, but considering they haven't attacked us yet, they may have fled. Unless they're hoping we'll go looking for them. I mean.. they didn't even protect the hostage."
(485) Rynn: (Rynn is flying to it)
(498) DM: (k)
(494) Git: "I know you may be afraid, considering your ordeal, Lord Harkon, but would you mind holding off on your gate travel while we investigate. What details we may acquire by capturing these assailants of yours may be crucial to the resistance against the Council."
** (498) Harkon just stares at you uncomprehendingly. **
(494) Git: "If not, I understand, of course."
(498) Voice: "I do not mean to spend another day as a captive of the Nine Council or their proxies." (unfurls the scroll and begins chanting)
(494) Git: "I see. How long will the gate last?"
(498) Harkon: "If you wish to join the rebellion -- you mentioned Dame Gold -- you would do more good by being alive. The choice is yours."
(498) Harkon: "A few hours." (continues chanting)
(494) Git: "You seem verily frightened. Is there one of these intruders who is more powerful than the others?"
(477) Joroch: "A few hours could give us enough time to collect one of them - or at time to try."
(501) Agatha: "That's time enough."
(477) Joroch: "I'm referring to if they have fled or not. If they did, it is unlikely we would catch them at all."
(494) Git: "Question: if this gate will be open a few hours after we go through... what keeps them from following us through?"
(498) Harkon: (breaks off from chanting)
(498) Harkon: "These questions are ceaseless. Once the spell is begun, if it is interrupted, I shall need to recast it again." (snaps)
(498) Harkon: "Now then. Once more." (resumes chanting)
(477) Joroch: (( smoke break. ))
** (494) Git sighs, and glances out the window for Rynn. **
whispering to Rob, you eventually get there.
** (485) Rynn flies to the window and fits herself through, "What fun did I miss?" **
(494) Git: "Just in time to see a man summon a gate."
(494) Git: (afk a min)
(485) Rynn: "I can't say I've seen that before. I also don't think I've concentrated on a spell that long ever before."
(510) Dyo (enter): 00:25
(477) Joroch: (( back ))
** (485) Rynn pauses for a bit, "I assume the killing is over?" **
(510) Dyo (exit): 00:25
(477) Joroch: "Just don't talk to him, he doesn't like it."
(477) Joroch: "For now."
(485) Rynn: "Ah, I thought you were all a tad casual for calling me from outside."
(477) Joroch: "We wanted to get the group together. I'm not sure our plans after the gate opens." He looks to the others to see what there intentions are.
(494) Git: "Turns out there are only a handful of enemies, one we already killed. We were just debating searching the castle for the others, while the good Lord Harkon is planning to gate away to Heathwatch first."
** (489) Kha waits for Harkon to finish his chanting **
(477) Joroch: "Which once he is away - he has been rescued from the castle. And that mage avoided getting a taste of my blade."
** (485) Rynn chuckles, "Damn mages." **
** (477) Joroch nods in agreement. **
(498) DM: There is a sudden explosion of light and a shimmering portal comes into existence.
** (477) Joroch steps back on instinct when the gate appears. **
** (489) Kha steps though the portal **
(498) Harkon: "You would be well advised to follow. The mage Malvira was a former apprentice of mine but swore an oath to Talakara shortly after she took her Test."
(494) Git: "Oh.. another of Talakara's empowered, huh?"
** (477) Joroch frowns as Kha hurries through the gate. **
** (498) Harkon nods. "Your friend has wisdom at least, where you lack none." **
** (498) Harkon steps through the portal. **
(494) Git: "Yes, it's wonderful how he acts with no concern for the thoughts of others." :grins in sarcasm., and looks to the others: "Well..?"
** (485) Rynn shrugs, not knowing any better. **
(485) Rynn: "Why stay here?"
(477) Joroch: "I do hate leaving my steed behind. But if we need to follow Kha, I will."
(494) Git: "Why go to Heathwatch? It's way out of our way."
(485) Rynn: "Where are we going, exactly?"
(494) Git: "We had a few leads around here and further south. We'll have to start all over again back by the coast."
(501) Agatha: "Kha won't be able to survive on his own. He's also the strongest mage we got."
(477) Joroch: "Do those things work both ways? Could Kha rejoin us anymore?"
(485) Rynn: "I have no idea."
(494) Git: "Well someone could give it a try. In truth, I don't like the idea of leaving this gate unguarded. If just anyone can stroll through, there's nothing keeping them from following after us, if they are still here."
(477) Joroch: (( we could send Berard. :-P ))
(485) Rynn: "If it leads to a city, would they start trouble there?"
(477) Joroch: "It would be even easier to hide in a city."
(494) Git: "Talakara's men don't seem to have minded muck about in Heathwatch before."
(501) Agatha: "Aye, and it's on the coast. We can sail south from there."
(494) Git: "True."
(485) Rynn: "They can get away as it is, we're not casing them. And if one is a mage powerful enough to give you trouble, if he wanted to be gone he would be gone."
(477) Joroch: "We could always do a quick search of the place for the intruders, since we have time before the spell ends."
(494) Git: "So.. do we check the keep first, or plow on through, and hope Harkon can offer us something in Heathwatch?"
(477) Joroch: "I'm not so sure that he could offer anything really. He was quite eager to hand over his castle and get away."
(494) Git: "Just hoping he had a good reason for a Gate to Heathwatch as his primary escape route."
(485) Rynn: "He doesn't seem to be the one to wait around for us on the other side. Kha, however boldly he may have gone through, I would be surprised if he doesn't at least keep an eye out for us until the gate is gone."
** (485) Rynn adds as an after thought, "To be honest he's the only one I care about either, I just came because we made a promise and it would be wrong to break it." **
(501) Agatha: "Hmph. You'd think. The lad has a one-track mind."
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, well that's interesting.
(498) DM: best to get on gmail
(498) DM: mt
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, best to get on gmail
(477) Joroch: "Well, we have fulfilled our promise - Harkon has been released from his captivity."
(485) Rynn: "My interest here is gone."
** (494) Git sighs, and gestures to the Gate, "Shall we then?" **
(477) Joroch: "Lead the way then."
** (485) Rynn shrugs and walks through. **
** (501) Agatha puts up her hood and walks through. **
** (477) Joroch finds a chair or some other furniture he can use to block the door or wedge it shut, making it more difficult for anyone to enter the room and follow through the gate. **
** (494) Git gives a last look around the room, groans and follows through. **
** (477) Joroch lets everyone else get through and then, after taking a couple breaths, follows into the shimmering hole in the air. **
(498) DM: (sec)
(498) DM: (there are certain technical difficulties so I need to redownload a pdf)
(498) DM: (and I need to resolve an issue with Kha that happened while you were debating)
(498) DM: (so be a while)
(477) Joroch: (( too bad we didn't go to look for the intruders. :-P ))
(498) DM: (Kha roll init only and remember you're currently dazed on exiting the portal)
(489) Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] => [1,7] = (8)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] => [10,4] = (14)
(489) Kha: (( yup dazed ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] => [8,3] = (11),[1d20+5] => [19,5] = (24),[1d20+3] => [9,3] = (12)
(498) Malvira: "Well, well, well, what have we here? The chickens have come home to roost! Take them down! Whomever kills them will answer to Talakara!"
(498) DM: (Malvira, 24)
(498) DM: She begins chanting
(489) Kha: "Talakara? Oh she ranaway like a chicken."
(498) DM: (Emistil, 23)
(498) DM: He begins chanting
(498) DM: A force of rogues suddenly appears all around you and Harkon and attacks.
(498) DM: (I suppose it might help if Kha loaded his mini)
(498) DM: (oval is the gate)
(498) DM: (rest of the PCs -- 4 rounds elapse between their exiting the portal and your appearance)
(498) DM: (since you were discussing)
(477) Joroch: (( hmm, that's not too bad after all. ))
(516) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 01:37
(517) Gatz (enter): 01:39
(518) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 01:42
(498) DM: (you were saying? =P)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (518) Dj Gilcrease...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (517) Gatz...
(498) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(516) Dj Gilcrease' from room...
(516) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 01:43
(498) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(501) Gatz' from room...
(501) Gatz (exit): 01:43
(498) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(485) Rob' from room...
(485) Rob (exit): 01:43
(518) Dj Gilcrease: mm a bunch of those minits are not loading, which is causing Agatha to lock, and was causing me to lock as well (I had to make code changes to fix it)
(485) Rob (enter): 01:43
(477) Joroch: (( I'm fine. :-P ))
(498) DM: (those of you who can see the minis will see that Kha and Harkon the Stuffy walked into an ambush)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (485) Rob...
(477) Joroch: (( and suddenly DJ is sorry he changed the rules for channelling - otherwise they wouldn't be a threat. :-) ))
(498) DM: (if its a question of too many minis, let me know)
(518) Dj Gilcrease: (( lol, true enough ))
(519) Gatz (enter): 01:45
(518) Dj Gilcrease: (( I dont think too many, just toomany loaded all at the same time ))
(498) DM: (ah)
(498) DM: (we can do this next time if you like)
(498) DM: (if people are having trouble connecting)
(518) Dj Gilcrease: I am fine now, I know Agatha wont get back in with all the Mini's loaded though
(477) Joroch: (( well - I never went anywhere, not sure about Lun. And everyone else has made it back. ))
(498) DM: (14, rogues)
(518) Dj Gilcrease: (( ahh ok. well lets atleast do the 4 rounds ))
(494) Git: (still here)
(498) DM: (on 14, Kha gets an AOO against rogue9, rogue5, rogue6)
(498) DM: (rogue1-4 and rogue7 fire crossbow bolts at him)
(518) Dj Gilcrease: (( he is unarmed, was not expecting an ambush ))
(498) DM: Harkon simply faints.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] => [5,8] = (13),[1d20+8] => [6,8] = (14),[1d20+8] => [10,8] = (18),[1d20+8] => [20,8] = (28)
(518) Dj Gilcrease: (( could you move all the minis one square then back, which makes them appear for me ))
(498) DM: (AC 13, 14, 18 and 28 (auto hit and possible crit))
(518) Dj Gilcrease: ((AC: 24 Normal, 19 Flatfoot))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] => [12,8] = (20)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+2] => [1,2] = (3)
(518) Dj Gilcrease: (( miss, miss, miss, AC is 19 since he is Flatfooted ))
(498) DM: (12, clerics)
(518) Dj Gilcrease: (( ok all but Roge4 and 7 are showing, once they all show Agatha can get back in ))
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (519) Gatz...
(498) DM: A column of fire descends on Kha, as one cleric gesticulates.
(520) Gatz (enter): 01:54
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [5d6] => [1,5,1,4,1] = (12)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [8d6] => [3,1,3,1,2,2,3,3] = (18)
(521) Gatz (enter): 01:55
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (521) Gatz...
(498) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(520) Gatz' from room...
(520) Gatz (exit): 01:57
(498) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(485) Rob' from room...
(485) Rob (exit): 01:57
(498) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(519) Gatz' from room...
(519) Gatz (exit): 01:57
(498) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(517) Gatz' from room...
(517) Gatz (exit): 01:57
(485) Rob (enter): 01:57
(498) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(489) Dj Gilcrease' from room...
(489) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 01:57
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (485) Rob...
(498) DM: (Reflex, Kha)
(522) Gatz (enter): 01:58
whispering to Zane, [1d8] => [5] = (5)
(518) Kha: Reflex save: [1d20+13] => [1,13] = (14)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] => [8] = (8)
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, 18 fire damage, 5 sonic damage, Fort save to avoid being stunned
(518) Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+13] => [15,13] = (28)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] => [8] = (8),[1d8] => [3] = (3),[1d8] => [2] = (2),[1d8] => [8] = (8)
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, 21 sonic damage total, 4 Fort saves to avoid being stunned
(518) Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+13] => [5,13] = (18)
(518) Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+13] => [16,13] = (29)
(518) Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+13] => [10,13] = (23)
(518) Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+13] => [15,13] = (28)
(498) DM: (11, mages)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [4d4+4] => [4,4,3,4,4] = (19),[4d4+4] => [2,2,4,1,4] = (13),[4d4+4] => [4,2,1,3,4] = (14),[4d4+4] => [2,3,3,3,4] = (15),[4d4+4] => [2,3,2,4,4] = (15)
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, 66 total damage from magic missiles
(498) DM: (8, Kha)
** (518) Kha screams in pain as he is bathed in fire and slamed with magic missles, thrusting his spear out, causing an arch of electrisity to leap from it **
(524) Gatz (enter): 02:07
(518) Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+13] => [16,13] = (29)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] => [20] = (20)
(498) DM: (ok...)
(498) DM: When you exit from the portal, it's a scene of carnage and destruction as several charred bodies greet your sight. Of Kha, there is no sign. Harkon lies in front of you, dead.
(498) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(522) Gatz' from room...
(522) Gatz (exit): 02:16
(498) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(521) Gatz' from room...
(521) Gatz (exit): 02:16
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (524) Gatz...
(494) Git: "Ah.. there's that ambush I was waiting for." :in horrid realization:
(485) Rynn: (Yeah, i've never done miniatures before)
(477) Joroch: (( are the other, alive, bodies still there as well? ))
(498) DM: You realize you're a few miles outside of Safeton, to the east.
(526) Gatz (enter): 02:17
(498) DM: ((*whistles*))
(477) Joroch: (( lol - well, Joroch comes in last... ))
(485) Rynn: (how do you use them?)
(498) DM: Figures skulk in the bushes to either side of the road. To your left are several priests, to your right, the wizard Emistil and a couple of mages. Ahead, a group of rogues and Malvira. She smiles grimly.
(477) Joroch: (( ever use miniatures in a table top game? same way. ))
(498) DM: She points to a rogue next to her who's dragging Kha away from you.
(498) DM: She seems to be saying something but you're not able to make her words out.
(485) Rynn: Initiative: [1d20+7] => [15,7] = (22)
(498) DM: (init)
(494) Git: (roll init? or they get a surprise round? if they were expecting more after the pause..?)
(494) Git: init: [1d20+4] => [16,4] = (20)
(498) DM: (they were expecting you)
(477) Joroch: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [16,3] = (19)
(498) DM: (24, Mal)
(498) DM: She turns a ring on her finger and becomes invisible.
(498) DM: (23, Emistil)
(498) DM: A lightning bolt comes your way (all, reflex)
(477) Joroch: Reflex: [1d20+10] => [9,10] = (19)
(494) Git: :unable to speak, Git gestures toward the mages, hoping it qualifies as a suggestion:
(485) Rynn: Reflex: [1d20+8] => [5,8] = (13)
(494) Git: Reflex save: [1d20+13] => [2,13] = (15)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [10d6] => [4,2,3,6,5,3,6,5,6,2] = (42)
(477) Joroch: (( seriously - the tank had the best Ref save? ))
whispering to Rob, can't remember what class you are?
(518) Kha: (( Agatha keeps locking up when he enters due to a bug in the version of Open he is running, so he is gona goto sleep ))
(498) DM: (20, Git)
(494) Git: (3 vs. 13 without our two heaviest hitters.. should be interesting.)
** (485) Rynn falls to the ground. **
(494) Git: (uh oh)
(494) Git: (just two of us standing now?)
(498) DM: (yep)
(477) Joroch: (( more fun for us. ))
** (494) Git takes a glance around, stabs his sword in the ground, and holds up his hands in a sign of defeat, hoping to be taken alive. (full defense though, and ready action to move if the attacks continue) **
** (498) Malvira chuckles, and orders her men to take you captive. **
(518) Kha: (( I can play Agatha if you want, will need her sheet though ))
(494) Git: :glances to Joroch, seeming it he complies:
(498) Malvira: ((I don't seem to have Ag for some reason))
(494) Git: (still too many to take with 3 meleers)
(498) DM: don't think Gautam gave me her sheet
(494) Git: (magic missiles alone would take us down in a round or two)
(498) Malvira: "You can come with us or die. It's up to you. Your friends in high places want you alive. I'd rather kill you now but I follow orders. I do thank you however for bringing us one of the opposition." (gestures to Harkon) "He was a thorn in m'lady's side."
** (494) Git gives Joroch a hard look, shaking his head. **
(477) Joroch: (( I've got one, but I think it's old - since in the sheet says she's only level 8... ))
(524) Gatz (exit): 02:38
(494) Git: "You're welcome then." :then calls back affably, if he can speak now: "In exchange for our hospitality, would you see to it our wounded are treated then? It is the way of a proper captor after all."
(498) Malvira: "Oh, we will treat you well. Take them and bind them. We ride in an hour."
(494) Git: "Thank you, for your kindness."
(498) Malvira: "You there! Bring the youth. Her Grace wants him alive."
** (498) Malvira turns around as she follows Kha's body in the mud) **
** (477) Joroch spares a single glare for Git, hoping the man is right in his course of actions. **
(498) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)
(494) Git: :whispers to Joroch as the captors approach: "Just think of it as a tactical submissions for now."
(477) Joroch: Woo hoo, I get final comment again. :-)
(498) DM: next session
(498) DM: this is important
** (477) Zane pays attention. **
(498) DM: each of you are alive (if you weren't at the close of the session, you're healed or raised)
(498) DM: however, you're also stripped of your belongings, then force marched to the coast
(498) DM: HOWEVER
(498) DM: most of the next three sessions will be RP, with maybe some "opportunities" thrown in
(494) Git: not allowed to try escaping before then?
(498) DM: so paying attention going forward will be very important
(498) DM: hence what I mean by "opportunities"
(494) Git: ah. could be interesting.
(477) Zane: well - it will be interesting, that's for sure.
(485) Rob: Oh, something to note, Rynn knows no area spells
(498) DM: I can run it one of two ways
(477) Zane: k - something to keep in mind.
(498) DM: you begin next session en route to the coast
(494) Git: well, guess it makes little difference now, but I'll keep it in mind
(498) DM: or you begin aboard a slave galleon
(498) DM: I have to think things through though
(526) Gatz (exit): 02:47
(477) Zane: k. Well, I've a session early in the morning (early for a Sat), so I'm going to head out if that's it for this week.
(494) Git: I'd say en route, I'd want to try "chatting" with our captives to gain info, and definitely try escaping before we reach where they're taking us, unless it seems promising, which a slave ship does not.
(518) Dj Gilcrease: Fortitude save: [1d20+13] => [20,13] = (33)
(477) Zane: there it is.
(498) DM: ok
(498) DM: in addition
(498) DM: your homework is to e-mail me a list of all your items, magical and mundane
(498) DM: I need this by next session please
(485) Rob: Okay
(477) Zane: k
(494) Git: what about luggage?
(498) DM: the luggage is invisible to anyone except children and people of low wisdom, remember?
(498) DM: (it's visible to you)
(498) DM: so the luggage is unaffected.
(494) Git: what about to the chick who saw us invicsible though?
(498) DM: well that's for you to find out.
(494) Git: I don't like the sound of that one.
(494) Git: any chance of slipping some weapons into luggage with a sleight og hand, before they get snagged away?
(477) Zane: lol - of course not - Stash probably has an evil grin on his face right now, knowing what we are going towards.
(485) Rob: I doubt it, you stuck your hands into the air the moment before capture...
(477) Zane: already. see some of you tomorrow - some next week.
(485) Rob: See ya
(494) Git: gotta put them down to be tied though just takes a flick of the wrist and a slide downthe leg.
(498) DM: heh
(477) Zane: Outta here.
(477) Zane (exit): 02:54
(498) DM: no, you'll be stripped of all possessions and clothes.
(494) Git: I can dream of outsmarting aPC villain, can't I?
(498) DM: sure
(498) DM: and you might be able to
(494) Git: Just can't actually live it... :sniffle:
(498) DM: but it won't be easy. =P
(498) DM: this is actually a 1st edition module. you can guess which one
(498) DM: later folks
(485) Rob: later
(494) Git: "Slave Train?"
(485) Rob: Disconnecting from server...
(485) Rob (exit): 02:56


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms