Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
8 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
6 Guests
Registered Users: Alfredweild, JulieKnike


Back to Tolmara Logs
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated

Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(120) Git: (Hmm.. I think I had just come back to "camp" to let everyone know the layout, guards on watch, but bored and not expecting invasion, a few blind spots we could sneak in, but expecting havok once the shield comes down. About right?)
(122) TaliesinNYC: yes
(120) Git: (Last we left off, we were brainstorming for ways to either distract the guards a moment to scurry up the wall and in, or if we have invisibility or short range teleportation options, gaining alternative entrance.)
(122) TaliesinNYC: (sounds about right)
(122) TaliesinNYC: The shield glimmers in the late afternoon light. Atop the castle parapet, figures can be seen lazing about.
(114) Kha: (( Kha trying to walk up to the front door would be a good distraction =P ))
(120) Git: ((Yeah.. but it also puts them on alert. For our purposes, he would also need to draw their attention, and not get peppered with arrows.)
(120) Git: "I don't suppose any one here has access to illusionary magicks..?" :inquires, as he watches the shimmering of the shield:
(114) Kha: "To do what?"
(120) Git: "To make an intruder."
** (115) Rynn chuckles, "A few." **
** (114) Kha shakes his head "Nope cant do that." **
(120) Git: :to rynn: "Could you make one that could appear to remove the shield?"
(115) Rynn: ((I missed the last session, what does the shield look like?))
(120) Git: (Big gleaming dome. Thus, when it comes down.. noticable)
(120) Git: (don't suppose you can make an illusion of the dome itself..? ;P)
** (115) Rynn examines it, "I'm not entirely sure how I would go about doing that, even if I have an illusion spell I don't think it can make anything invisible. Beyond myself that is." **
(120) Git: "That's okay. I don't really plan to make anything invisible. I need you to make a target. Humanoid figures will do. A group of illusions to take the fall, while we sneak in the back."
(119) Joroch: "If Rynn can make herself invisible, how about she does so. Then she can move up and prepare to take down the shield. Kha could strike with some magick, something that would likely hit the shield, but be visible. If he did two in sucession, Rynn could time the taking down of the shield to be between to wo spells - which could make it look like the visible spell was responsible."
(123) Gatz: "And moments later, we find a pin cushion where Kha used to be."
(119) Joroch: "Well, I thought he might be able to do so from out of direct view. If not, then never mind."
(115) Rynn: "I can conjure an illusion about one hundred fifty to two hundred yards away, but I have to focus on it."
(114) Kha: "Naw, they wouldnt even see me." ** looks toward the castle **
(120) Git: :shrugs: "I have something similar in mind, but we need to be closer. As soon as this looks like an attack, those guards are going to get a lot more lively,and sneaking in gets much more difficult. "
(115) Rynn: "If I cast on each person, I could make a small group invisible. That would require a lot of magicka though."
(120) Git: "We'll have a small window of confusion once the shield comes down. During that time, we need something to grab their attention to one side of the keep, while we sneak in over th wall and get inside."
(114) Kha: "I could stike the castle with a ligning bolt from the sky, while standing here."
** (119) Joroch shrugs, "I just tossed it out there." **
(124) A Lurker (enter): 22:34
(120) Git: "Hmmm..." :to Rynn: "You could make us all invisible?"
(115) Rynn: "A distraction would be less taxing on my powers, if that is an option."
(120) Git: "And sneaking in is a lot easier if we can't be seen as we walk right through the front door. Can you do it?"
(115) Rynn: "How many spells do you need? I can only cast seven of that level."
(120) Git: "One for each of us.. it should do. How long will it last?"
(115) Rynn: "Near ten minutes, I'd underestimate for safety though, so about eight."
(120) Git: "Eight minutes.. if our intruder is dead in less than a minute from retributive arrow fire, curiousity dictates the commanding officer to send out a group to search the remains to find who this was, and how he took out their defenses. It shouldn't take more than five minutes, with proper response, giving us time.. hypothetically to slip in, as the team comes out. No?"
(120) Git: "Could Kha cast his lightning bolts without disrupting your invisibility spell?"
(119) Joroch: "As long as the commander even slightly capable, it sounds like it should work. I have my own reserves about that fact based on how lax the guards are - but we can hope that you are right."
(115) Rynn: "Possibly, but no one person would decide to take on this tower. One killed intruder wouldn't provoke them to do anything, especially if they think they're invincible in that sheild. And no, I don't think he could. Hell I'm worried that doing anything to lower the shield even might cancel it. That spell was made for getaways, not to sneak in anywhere."
(120) Git: "Well.. we're going to experiment with it a bit then. If need be, I can sneak up and take out the shield, while your illusion draws attention. Showing him use the rod will be bait, so the guards can report it was somthing he carried which brought down the shield, something which might restore it. If the commander is so careless as not to investigate, then we fall on plan B, just wait for awindow to sneak in, now that the shield will be gone."
** (114) Kha leans against a tree, relaxing while people decide what to do **
(120) Git: "Ideally, if we can sneak in, while the investigators are outside, and position ourselves inside to take out the intruders from within, this should be much easier. It's just too bad we don't have a really body to keep them busy. But.. beggars and choosers.."
(119) Joroch: "Although, if they come out to investigate, and find an illusion - they are likely to immediately raise an alarm."
** (120) Git draws a breath, and gives the run down, "Alright.. lets see if we're all on board here. Step one: Rynn makes an illusion to draw attention, I'm thinking a mage type, who will stroll up, visibly use the rod, which probabalt I'll be doing, invisible or sneaking on my own, and thus the shield should come down." **
(120) Git: "Step two: Big battle scene.. Kha blasts some lightning bolts from back here, while Rynn makes it look like the illusion is cast them himself."
(115) Rynn: "Would the lightning originate from the sky?"
(123) Agatha: "Well it's not comin' out his backside."
(120) Git: "Step three: If these aren't cowards we're dealing with, they should open fire, make it look good, but the guards win in the end... and I doubt many of them will be able to tell the difference in casting styles."
(114) Kha: "Yes it would"
(120) Git: "If they are cowards.. maybe we'll get lucky and they would forfeit." :to Kha: "It would what?"
(114) Kha: "Come from the sky."
(115) Rynn: "Great, I know nothing of spells beyond my own. Can I assume that they won't either?"
(120) Git: "Well.. they don't look like archmages from here."
(120) Git: "To a mage where the lightning is coming from may be a big problem, but to most folks magick's magick."
(114) Kha: "So just make the illusion touch the shield with the fake rod, then dance around like it is casting a spell and I will zap the castle with e lightning bolt while we sneak in the back"
(115) Rynn: "That makes it easier."
(123) Agatha: "It gives us a shot at least."
(115) Rynn: "How many archers do you think are there?"
(120) Git: "Well.. we sneak in the back, if we can't sneak in the front. The rod is bait to get them out to investigate. When the doors open, we can enter. You'll have to concentrate on the spell until we're inside. After that, we can seize the gate and close it behind us.. if we choose."
(119) Joroch: "Once we all regroup inside of course."
(115) Rynn: "That'll be hard if we go with plan invisible."
(120) Git: "Why's that?"
(115) Rynn: "To find one another. There is a problem though, if I am to go inside I'll have to see the illusion to control it as well. That means I have to go in towards the side, and invisibility isn't an option if I'm focused on the illusion."
(119) Joroch: "The invisibility is just to get us in, right?
(115) Rynn: "Yes, but Kha and I won't be invisible if we're casting spells as well."
(119) Joroch: "And Rynn and Kha could both remain outside until the rest of us take control of the main courtyard. Then, we let them in and clean out the rest of the place."
(120) Git: "So.. you'll have to drop the illusion to cast the invisibility. Hmmm... how many stories do you know of powerful mages turning to ashes when they die. I know a few silly old fairy tales." :grins:
(119) Joroch: "Or, they just move in once they hear the scream of those either surrendering to, or falling before us."
(115) Rynn: "What's the significance of the wizard illusion if everyone would be invisible anyway?"
(119) Joroch: "So that the guards believe the 'mage' made the shield drop, and don't look for any others."
(115) Rynn: "It's a good idea, I haven't ever died before so I don't even know."
(114) Kha: "Just make Git, Joroch and Agatha invisible before you do the illusion"
(120) Git: "Well.. even if we're invisible, bringing down the shield is going to cause a panic, which makes sneaking in difficult if there is nothing to draw attention."
(115) Rynn: "So the plan is now fighting what so ever?"
(114) Kha: "You and I will stay out here and head in after they get control of the Gate"
(120) Git: "Other option would be to just bring down the shield, pull back and wait."
(114) Kha: (( AFK for a smoke ))
(119) Joroch: "We wait, and they will tighten up after the shield drops. It would be best to hit them hard and fast."
(120) Git: :shakes his head: "Nah.. they know whats coming at them and it puts us and the hostage in danger.. if he's still alive."
(127) Gatz (enter): 23:09
(115) Rynn: "You would need an invisibilty to keep him alive... in fact alarming them at all that there is the intention of intruders they will get the hostage first thing. The illusionary mage wont work because they'll bring the uncle to them to negotiate with the illusion."
(120) Git: :to Kha and Rynn: "Can either of you teleport inside, once the shield is down?"
(115) Rynn: "I cannot
(120) Git: "Yeah, which is why if we go with the illusion, I'd like it to be a corpse as fast as possible."
(115) Rynn: ((Is the shield less than "thirteen ten foot cubes"?))
(119) Joroch: (( unlikely ))
(120) Git: "The simpler way... sneak up, take out the shield, pull back, let them panic a while, eventually resettle, figuring the magick just crapped out on them, and then sneak in when they settle again."
** (114) Kha shrugs **
(119) Joroch: "Hmm, could work - IF they assume that the shield dies on its own."
(115) Rynn: "I could try to create an illusionary shield itself, it might be a bit smaller but when you're inside a sphere you might not tell. Then we could bring down the shield with no problem."
(120) Git: "Of course, that takes the risk that they will beef up security after the shield is down, giving us little to no openings."
(122) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(123) Gatz' from room...
(123) Gatz (exit): 23:15
** (115) Rynn nods, "When want to catch them when they're lazy." **
(122) TaliesinNYC: ((correct))
(115) Rynn: ((Is that to my statement?))
(120) Git: :to Rynn: "Can you really make an illusion that big?"
(122) TaliesinNYC: ((mmhmm))
** (115) Rynn nods, "Yes I can." **
(119) Joroch: "I would expect that the most. Likely one reason they are so lax right now is because of the shield - once it's gone, they may even decide that it's not worth the time and kill their hostage and move on. There is no way to know what exactly they will do."
(127) Agatha: "I doubt they can move out that fast. Lazy, remember?"
(120) Git: "Perfect.. if you can make a shield inside the shield, we can take out the real one and walk in while they're completely unsuspecting."
(119) Joroch: "If you can - that would be the best option. The shield would appear to still be there, but we would be able to get in. Hmm, sounds good."
(115) Rynn: "That leaves the only risk of the shield going down is noisy."
(120) Git: "Yeah.. but a momentary flash.. they may pass off as a magical glitch."
(119) Joroch: "But if they still see the sheild - it would be unlikely that they would know what the sound is."
(115) Rynn: "They've seen the shield go down before, they've gotten in and out, remember?"
(120) Git: "More likely they snuck in through the tunnels."
(119) Joroch: "The shield is not always up - only in case of emergency. The bandits snuck in and then the shield was raised."
(124) A Lurker (exit): 23:21
(115) Rynn: "So my invisibilty on whoever wants to go in, I put up a fake shield as the real one is taken down, someone sneaks in and grabs the uncle while invisible. The getting out is still hard."
(120) Git: "Extraction is the hard part. We may be best off securing the hostages, then going after the commander and taking them hostage in turn."
(120) Git: "Kha.. you have silence spell, right?"
(114) Kha: "Ya"
(120) Git: "Good. We
(120) Git: 'll need them to deal with the guards inside, without alerting the ones outside."
(120) Git: "So... we're good?"
(115) Rynn: "Who is going in?"
(120) Git: "We'll need all the muscle we can get.. so.. pretty much everyone but you, as you need to be outside to watch the illusion. Sorry."
(119) Joroch: (( Berard can stay with her. :-P ))
(120) Git: (heh.. guess so)
(115) Rynn: "I thought a small amount would be best, if we're sending in everyone who can fight we might as well forgo the sneaking and storm the place. Two would be a good choice for protection, but any more would start to leave opportunities for error."
(120) Git: :nods: "We have to be clean and precise about it, but I don't know how strong they are, or what kind of guard routines they have in order, so, with sheer force, and Kha's silence spells to avoid attention, I was figuring on absolute suppression."
(120) Git: "No good?"
** (115) Rynn nods, "All right. If it's possible to send a small message to me, I could start making noise out here the moment you have the hostages to draw them away. I could easily fake taking down the barrier if I am currently manifesting its image." **
** (127) Agatha nods. "It's settled then?" **
(119) Joroch: "Sounds like it to me."
(115) Rynn: "About that message idea? Just a last thought."
(120) Git: "Hmm.. if we can seize the gate after we rescue the hostages, we might be able to meet you there. Still a question of sneaking off though. unless the hostages know an alternative exit."
(119) Joroch: "Since it is his place, I'd think that he would."
(120) Git: If you watch the windows on one side of the building, we could signal you from there. Maybe coordinate torch waves to signal us either meeting you at the gate, or wait for us to come out."
(115) Rynn: "Maybe, what signal would be what?"
(120) Git: "Alright.. if the gate opens, it means meet us there, which probably means dropping the illusion and going invisible to approach, unless you are confident in your stealth abilities. So, we won't call you in unless we have an escape route planned and secured."
(120) Git: "If you see a torch waving back and forth in a window, it will mean hold back and wait for us. Two torches will mean we'll need to fight our way out, and get in position to help take out the guards on the roof with range spells. Alright?"
** (115) Rynn nods in understanding, "The illusion will linger, but not for more than half a minute. All right, two torches means they know you're there and to start killing, right?" ((How high is the roof?)) **
(120) Git: "We'll strike first, as your signal. Once the commotion starts.. start killing. And for good measure, three torches means we have our own way out, so just hang out and hold position. ANd keep in mind, plans may change, so keep watching."
** (115) Rynn nods again. **
(120) Git: "We'll wait for night to attack. For now.. everyone get some rest. We'll need it."
(122) TaliesinNYC: ((75'))
(120) Git: (anything else.. or FF?)
(119) Joroch: (( ff works for me ))
(127) Agatha: ((ff))
(115) Rynn: ((FF))
(122) TaliesinNYC: ((night then))
(122) TaliesinNYC: Evening comes. The shield continually shimmers in the darkness. No sign of the movement abating on the rooftop, though it's clear that there are a bit less than before.
(120) Git: "We'll start from a position at the rear of the buidling. there are more blindspots to climb up the wall from. After we're in, Rynn.. circle back around to the front to wait for our signals. If something happens to ruffle the guards, we may need you to signal us somehow.. so.. be ready to improvise,"
(115) Rynn: "Okay, is there any spells beyond invisibility you would like?"
(120) Git: :shrugs: "Got invulnerability?"
(115) Rynn: "An armor spell that lasts a few hours, I need it often myself. Flight will make the noisiest of you quite as you move."
(115) Rynn: ((*quiet))
(120) Git: "Flight will be handy for you, if you need to join up with us quick. Don't suppose you can offer enough of that spell to help us all up over the wall without risking being heard climbing?"
(127) Agatha: "Leave her be. She'll need whatever she's got left to make a clean break.
(120) Git: "Alright. Fine."
(120) Git: "Make us vanish and please erect the shield."
(115) Rynn: "If it's just the four of you, no problem. It will last an hour and a half, flight I have to be careful to time when I do it for fun."
(120) Git: "Alright.. if yo ucan afford it."
(115) Rynn: ((Sorry, a minute a level, I was thinking overland flight, so you have nine minutes of it.))
(120) Git: (it's enough to get us inside)
** (115) Rynn goes to each and casts the spell Fly, then proceeds to cast Invisibility on each. After that is done she turns toward the shield, invoking an identical Major Image, concentrating hard for accuracy, "Go..." **
Game disconnected!
Locating server at 74.220.220.200:6774...
Game connected!
(129) TaliesinNYC (enter): 00:10
(52) Dj Gilcrease (Ubuntu) (enter): 00:10
Moving to room 'Tolmara'..
(129) TaliesinNYC (enter): 00:10
Server Administrator->
(114) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 00:10
(115) Rob (enter): 00:10
(119) Zane (enter): 00:10
(120) Lunauc (enter): 00:10
(122) TaliesinNYC (enter): 00:10
(127) Gatz (enter): 00:10
Server Administrator-> You have connected to an OpenRPG server, version '1.7.1'.

OpenRPG

Many thanks goes to all of those who contributed!

The Tangled Web


Join Us At: Our Forum

This product is licensed under the GNU GPL License.

 

The Tangled Web
Standing outside the entrance to the cave, you are surprised to hear the sounds of music and merriment coming from deep within.
1) Enter the Cave
2) Run fast and far away



Attempting to assign the role of GM to (129) TaliesinNYC...
** (115) Rynn starts to shift to the front of the tower with focus and cover as her priority, taking all the time needed and staying roughly 450 feet away. **
(129) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(122) TaliesinNYC' from room...
(122) TaliesinNYC (exit): 00:10
** (120) Git takes flight after everyone is holding together, and takes a bird eye view for an entrance point. An unguarded door on the roof or wide enough window to an empty room will do."(repost) **
(129) DM: The roof of Castle Justheart is flat stone, bleached by time and enclosed by a low crenellated wall. Looking out over the edge, you see a fine mist covering the lake and a thick fog rolling in from the distant valleys.
(129) DM: There is a deep pool of water in the center of the roof.
(129) DM: Archers stand around at their posts, clearly bored.
(129) DM: The shield shimmers above them.
(129) DM: A door can clearly be seen in the middle of the south tower exterior, however it's closed.
(120) Git: (any open windows?)
(129) DM: (quite a few, but the shield covers the entire castle like a second skin)
(120) Git: (that's what we have the rod for.)
(129) DM: (movement can be seen inside in a few of them)
** (120) Git extends the rod, once they reach the shield, touching it to the shimmering surface and hoping it does what it's supposed to. **
(129) DM: The shield vanishes without a trace. The rod is destroyed.
(120) Git: (open windows to empty rooms?)
(129) DM: The windows SEEM to be open but on closer inspection are covered with some kind of glass-like substance.
(129) DM: (think modern day skyscraper windows)
** (115) Rynn notices the shimmer of the falling shield and pauses to make sure her illusion is accurate. **
(120) Git: (alright.. anyone watching the door on the roof?)
(129) DM: (nope)
** (120) Git lands the group at the door, taking a look to the guards, to make sure no one is watching, before trying to open the door. **
(114) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 00:20
(120) Git: :mutters: "What the...?" :searches for a handle or other device, trying to figure how this door opens. (search, for way to open and traps, if they go so far to seal they door)
(120) Git: :whispers: "Heh.. no way to open the door from this side.. kind of sadistic really, considering these guys are trapped if there is an attack. Anyway... we'll have to break in one of the windows. Kha.. you'llhave to keep is quiet."
(119) Joroch: (( only we lost DJ... ))
(120) Git: (doh)
(127) Agatha: ((well...crap))
(127) Agatha: "I guess it's our turn to make folks disappear. Some key guards would be a good start."
(119) Joroch: "And one of the guards up here must know a way to get someone up here to open the door."
(120) Git: "No... starting all manner of chaos up here puts the hostages below in danger."
** (119) Joroch speaks quietly to his companions. **
(119) Joroch: "Whatever we do, we need to be quick. Rynn's image is not long lasting."
(120) Git: (can we puppet Kha a bit?)
(120) Git: (just for his silence ability)
(129) DM: (heh)
(129) DM: (k)
(129) DM: (someone can run him)
(115) Rynn: ((He did say he would do it, if that counts for anything))
(129) DM: (hm, I don't have his node)
(120) Git: (eh.. we only need him to do one thing)
(120) Git: (.... ok..?)
(129) DM: (fine)
(129) DM: (consider it done)
(120) Git: "Alright.. on to plan B." :takes hands again and takes flight, looking for a window with no one inside.. or an apparent prisoner inside.:
** (120) Git pauses at one window, pointing out to the others, "Does she seem to stick out to you?" **
** (127) Agatha peeks in the window. **
(120) Git: :refering to a window, through which a woman in black leather armor can be seen pacing an interior balcony over a library.:
** (119) Joroch studies the woman for a moment. **
** (127) Agatha raises an eyebrow. "The leader you think?" **
(120) Git: "May be."
** (120) Git gets closer to look for anyone else in the room, notes exits and whether she's talking. **
(119) Joroch: "I'm not sure, but she does seems quite agitated, possibly even paranoid."
** (127) Agatha sizes up the woman. **
(119) Joroch: "Doubt we could get in quietly enough with her there. New window?"
(120) Git: "If Kha silences the area, it should hit here too. If we can get her.. and anyone else in the room, it may mean quick intel on where the hostages are, and if she is the leader, we'll have leverage of our own."
(119) Joroch: "Then let's do it. The sooner we get in the better."
(120) Git: :nods: "Once it's quiet, we'll bust in, rush in before they know what broke the window.. if they notice... Joroch and I will grab the woman, Aggy and Kha, sweep out to search for others in the room and block the door. Wait until she turns her back, then Kha, make things silent. Aggy.. bust the window as soon as you hear the humming stop." :starts humming lightly, while he pulls a dagger, watiing for Kha to cut out the sound:
(129) DM: She spins around and comes back your way, head down.
** (127) Agatha nods and steps out of the way. **
(129) DM: Then she looks up, and her eyes bug out as she spies you.
(120) Git: (huh?)
(129) DM: Her mouth drops open as if she can't believe what she's seeing.
(119) Joroch: "Time's up."
(129) DM: She shrieks (though you can't hear on your side of the glass) and rushes out of sight.
(120) Git: (.... )
(120) Git: (this happens while we're invisible and before Kha cuts the sound then?)
** (127) Agatha turns towards Git's voice. "What ever happened to being invisible?" **
** (119) Joroch looks to Git, his armored hand making a fist ready to break in, but not sure if Git might have a different idea first. **
(129) DM: (she can obviously see you even though you're invisible)
(120) Git: :quickly: "Kha, cut the sound. Aggy break the glass.. now."
(119) Joroch: (( ah, then no one sees Joroch's fist. ))
(129) DM: (if a group of armored foes appeared outside your window, flying, you'd shriek too.)
** (119) Joroch moves to the side of the window, hoping he doesn't run into Aggy as he does. **
** (127) Agatha quickly smashes the window with her axe. **
(129) DM: The window shatters, and glass sprays in all directions (inside).
(129) DM: Of the woman, there is no sign.
** (120) Git flies in after the glass breaks, pulling Joroch along, and heading the direction the woman fled. **
** (119) Joroch moves easily as he is grabbed, offering no resistance. **
(129) DM: Cluttered bookshelves span the walls of this great balcony, which almost circles the entire floor of the castle.
(129) DM: There's a door to your immediate right, down the interior balcony (to 15) and a door leading to the south tower (above on the map) to your left
(119) Joroch: "How did she see us?" Joroch mutters to whoever is pulling him along.
(120) Git: (did Kha silence us?)
(119) Joroch: (( yeah - but doesn't mean that Joroch wouldn't try to ask still... ))
(120) Git: (woman magical disappear?)
(119) Joroch: (( actually - did he cast it on us, or the window? ))
(120) Git: (didn't see it cast at all.. why I was asking)
(129) DM: (you have no idea where she went)
(129) DM: (probably down the hall through the door on your right)
(129) DM: (it's a field that moves with him, so on him)
(120) Git: (flying after her then, to keep her in the silence zone, and catch her before she finds help)
(129) DM: She doesn't seem to be visible (or in range).
(129) DM: Except for you, the library (14) is empty. A closed door to your right, and an archway to your left offer egress from this chamber.
(120) Git: (so she either moves faster than we can fly or disappeared by magical means then, yes?)
(129) DM: (*whistles*)
(119) Joroch: (( or so Git *might* believe... ))
(120) Git: (sorry.. just trying to make sure I'm getting it right)
(129) DM: (consider that it takes time to break a window, climb in and then enter the chamber. time enough for someone to do something, or a couple of somethings.)
(120) Git: (Smash.. fly... that's about 2-4 seconds, no?)
(129) DM: (not really)
(120) Git: (ok..)
(129) DM: (why are we arguing this? Joroch moves to the side, Aggy breaks the window, you enter and climb in and pull Joroch inside. he's bigger than you so that takes time. please, c'mon.)
** (120) Git heads for the open archway.. unless she had time to open and close doors with us on her heels without being noticed **
(129) DM: (she didn't move to your left.)
(120) Git: (just trying to make sure I understand the timing to figure out if she's running, teleported or invisible herself)
(120) Git: (oh..)
(129) DM: (or its possible I'm running her like a PC and she's doing what she would do if confronted with a situation that suddenly appeared on her doorstep, within reasonable means.)
** (127) Agatha scans the room. "Let's check the door. She can't be too far." **
(120) Git: (she went toward the door then?)
(119) Joroch: (( that;s what he said - or what "probably" happened. ))
(129) DM: (well with only two means of exit from the room -- I didn't specify direction -- it's either the archway or the closed door. your choice.)
** (127) Agatha checks the archway. **
(129) DM: There's voices and shouts from below.
(120) Git: (but which way did she run off is what I'm asking. we were following her direction)
(129) DM: (to your right)
(120) Git: (ok.. what about the voices.. voices others than hers? in this room, down from the balcony or out in the hall?)
** (127) Agatha looks back to the others. "So much for surprise." **
(129) DM: (sec)
(120) Git: (and are we still in invisible and/ or silenced?)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] => [17,9] = (26)
(129) DM: (breaking a window counts as an attack, I would say Aggy is visible)
(129) DM: (am not sure on Kha's silence thing)
(120) Git: (yeah, but the rest.. I'm wondering if something about the castle had cut the spell out)
(129) DM: (as for voices, there are at least three people, but you can't determine precisely)
(129) DM: (a female, two males -- one of which sounds like an elf)
(120) Git: (from where though?)
(129) DM: (downstairs, somewhere, coming up through the tower stairs)
(129) DM: (again, can't tell where precisely)
(120) Git: (the stairs to the right?)
(129) DM: (not in the room below)
(129) DM: (the tower stairs are to your LEFT)
(120) Git: (are they approaching?)
** (119) Joroch sees Aggy near the archway, so he moves to the door and opens it. **
(119) Joroch: (( just a little - to peer beyond it and make sure way is clear. ))
(129) DM: (they don't seem to be.)
** (120) Git heads for the door to the right, glancing a window in passing, to see if the illusionary sheild is visible through the glass **
** (119) Joroch picks up some broken glass and a cork - causing the items to seems to be floating in the air before he even reaches the door. A couple drops of liquid can still be seen in the glass. **
** (119) Joroch sets the broken vial back on the ground with the stopper, and then moves on to the door - which he cracks open to peek beyond it. **
(129) DM: Another interior balcony runs the perimeter of this area which overlooks a chapel below. Someone was here recently and passed in haste. Footprints can be seen on the carpet.
** (127) Agatha heads back and follows the others. **
** (127) Agatha flies a few inches off the ground as she follows the foot prints. **
** (119) Joroch fully opens the door and moves through it, figuring the others will see the door opening up. He starts moving down the hallway, watching the footprints the best he can. **
** (120) Git continues on, flying fast as possible after the footprints **
(129) DM: The footprints run to about the middle of the interior balcony in (15) and stop. Whomever was here probably leapt over the railing and landed atop an altar, causing a disarray in the process. Faint tracks are on the carpet below you and lead out.
(120) Git: :to Aggy: "Hang back a bit. If we run into anyone else, at least we're still invisible for the moment( I think)." :Follows quickly afterthe prints:
** (119) Joroch leaps over the railing as well - and ends up flying down to the lower level. **
** (127) Agatha looks at her arms and feet. "Doesn't make much difference now, but I'll let you spot the ambush." **
(120) Git: "Hopefully they aren't that ready."
(129) DM: The prints lead out of a chapel, into some kind of bathing room. An open door can be seen, through which is another interior corridor.
** (119) Joroch keeps following the prints. **
** (120) Git keeps flying after the prints, listening in the hall if her path isn't distinguishable, hoping flying speed is enough. **
(129) DM: The prints become slightly less visible as they enter the tower stairs. Voices from below are clearer now. A trail of black powder ends at the top most step and continues down the spiral staircase.
(129) DM: You smell smoke from below.
** (119) Joroch makes sure to avoid the powder, but follows that trail now. "Git, you here also?" he asks quietly. **
(120) Git: (question: how much of a head start do you figure she had on us? If it so considerable that there's no way in hell we can stop her before she reaches help, I figure, best to be prepared for a fight)
(129) DM: And a good thing too, because a blazing trail of flame runs up the stone steps, turning the powder to ash in its wake. Just behind you, there is a loud explosion and a shower of stone chips rains down the tower shaft.
(119) Joroch: (( I'm always ready for a fight. :-) ))
(120) Git: "Yeah... keep after her.. and get ready.. we may have to take down whoever she warns."
(115) Rynn: ((seen from outside?))
(129) DM: (she had about 2 rounds head start, and a bit more because Joroch didn't just rush through the door leading to 15)
(129) DM: (otherwise you might have caught up to her by now)
(120) Git: "What the hell?" :takes cover under the stairs as he continues up, flying over the flames:(reflex?)
(120) Git: (2 ROUNDS?!)
(129) DM: (you're flying, so no reflex necessary)
(119) Joroch: "Ok, yikes." he cuts off any response he was going to make as the flame comes rushing up at them. He moves as fast as he can down the ashen path - but trying to stay high enough that he doesn't disrupt the path.
(129) DM: (yes, I said two rounds)
(119) Joroch: (( and I want to point out that no one rushed out the door to 15 - it wasn't just Joroch. :-P ))
** (120) Git flies fast us possible, up the spiral. **
(115) Rynn: ((Would Rynn have seen/heard this sploding?))
(129) DM: (Rynn is outside, so no.)
(120) Git: (ugh.. wish I asked earlier... my fault)
(119) Joroch: (( Joroch keeps following - gonna go grab a smoke real quick. ))
(129) DM: You catch sight of someone in black armor slipping through the archway at the landing leading to (8). The stairs continue down further.
(129) DM: Voices can be heard in that direction.
** (115) Rynn has shifted completely to the front face of the tower, still hiding and mantaining the illusion of the shield as she waits for any signal. **
** (120) Git flies full force after the armored figure, trying to catch it before they reach the voices **
(129) DM: (init)
(120) Git: init: [1d20+4] => [1,4] = (5)
(129) Malvira: "Intruders! Intruders! Get the others!"
(120) Git: (oh, this is not my night)
(127) Agatha: init:[1d20+4] => [8,4] = (12)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] => [16,4] = (20)
(119) Joroch: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [3,3] = (6)
(119) Joroch: (( mine either apparently. ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] => [13,2] = (15)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] => [19,3] = (22)
(129) DM: Chanting can be heard....
(129) DM: (so Git is probably at the opening to 8. need a marching order, I assume people are flying?)
(127) Agatha: ((I presume I'm pulling up the rear))
(119) Joroch: (( Joroch would be right behind him, having been moving that way as well. ))
(119) Joroch: (( and yes - flying, a little off the ground. ))
(120) Git: +2 Dagger(2nd Sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+8] => [16,8] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d4+2+3d6+0] => [3,2,1,2,6,0] = (14)
(120) Git: (oops... ignore that)
(129) DM: The armored figure looks back at Git, then slips into the room ahead of her to her left (room 8), which appears to be an armory. A wide open door leads out to (10). Inside this chamber (apart from the odd assortment of armor and weapons) are a black-robed elf and a human man in slightly tarnished chain armor. The warrior seems to be moving unnaturally fast.
(120) Git: (they seem to see all of us? or just Aggy?)
(129) DM: Your quarry rushes to the end of the chamber, turns around and launches a shimmering dagger from a wrist sheath at Git.
(129) DM: (she is obviously able to discern all of you, the rest can see Aggy)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9+2] => [10,9,2] = (21)
(129) DM: The dagger flies wide of its mark and buries itself in the stone floor. Something in the blade begins eating at the floor itself.
(129) DM: (load minis and clone them please)
(129) DM: (clone Joroch pls)
(129) DM: (I don't have a mini library)
(119) Joroch: (( we are coming out of the circular stair area, right? ))
(129) DM: ((yes))
whispering to Lunauc, the whole point of not using fog of war and leaving the map available for people to see is to minimize confusion
whispering to Lunauc, so if you're not able to get it, I must be doing something wrong, because this happens EVERY SINGLE GAME
(129) DM: (15, the fighter)
(129) DM: He takes careful aim with a crossbow and fires into the tower shaft at Agatha (-1 to his roll due to partial cover)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10+2] => [9,10,2] = (21)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10+2] => [19,10,2] = (31)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10+2] => [11,10,2] = (23)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] => [1] = (1)
(129) DM: (12, Ag)
(129) DM: [1d6] => [1] = (1)
** (127) Agatha grimaces as the arrow impales her arm. She goes straight for the nearest threat. **
(129) DM: (6, Jor)
(127) Agatha: Attack: [1d20+14] => [9,14] = (23)
(129) DM: (typed too fast)
(127) Agatha: ((hit))
(127) Agatha: ((hit??))
(129) DM: (yes)
(129) DM: (damage?)
(127) Agatha: [1d12+6+2+1] => [5,6,2,1] = (14)
(129) DM: He staggers back and smiles thinly, saying, "Finally, a worthy opponent."
(129) DM: (6, Jor)
** (119) Joroch follows after Agatha, leaving Git the one that attacked him, or tried to. He flies over to be next to the wizard and the fighter, drawing out his blade as he does so. Suddenly, he appears from no where as he makes an attack on the warrior (he should lose any Dex bonus to AC). "She's not the only one." **
(127) Agatha: "Wish I could say the same."
(119) Joroch: Longsword attack: [1d20+18] => [20,18] = (38)
(119) Joroch: Longsword Crit Check: [1d20+18+4] => [9,18,4] = (31)
(129) DM: (mmhmm)
(129) DM: (position Jor please)
(119) Joroch: (( using increased multiplier. ))
(119) Joroch: Increased Multiplier damage: [3*(1d8+9)] => 48
(129) DM: (5, Git)
(129) DM: He (the fighter) betrays no emotion though his actions belie otherwise.
** (120) Git flies in, hugging the ceiling, out of reach, as he draws his bastard sword, tumbling in the air, as he reaches the door, he slices down, coming visible to the others in the room as he aims for the black armored woman's head. **
(120) Git: Dancing +3 Bastardsword Attack Roll: [1d20+10] => [1,10] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d10+3+0] => [6,3,0] = (9)
(120) Git: (more 1's... I have a bad feeling about this)
(129) Malvira: "Is that the best you can do?" (sneers)
(129) Malvira: "Yarik! Bolarny! Get up here, you good for nothing lazykins!"
(120) Git: "Sorry.. I'll try harder. You could help by standing still. Don't suppose you'd be willing to submit and be done with the whole thing?"
** (129) Malvira shouts over her shoulder as she moves into position **
(129) DM: Suddenly, in a twinkle of an eye, there appear seven images of the mage.
(129) DM: (need to check on something please)
(120) Git: (aoo?)
(129) DM: (as I said, I'm checking on something)
(129) DM: (no aoo, per the book)
(129) DM: (20, Mal)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] => [9,8] = (17)
(129) DM: She attempts to flank Git and slash into his side, but misses.
(129) DM: (15, the warrior)
(129) DM: He drops the crossbow and engages Agatha with his 2H bastard sword. (AOO by both Ag and Jor)
(119) Joroch: Longsword attack: [1d20+18] => [7,18] = (25)
(119) Joroch: Longsword damage: [1d8+9] => [4,9] = (13)
(129) DM: (1 hit)
** (127) Agatha doesn't give the bastard an inch. **
(127) Agatha: AOO: [1d20+14] => [15,14] = (29)
(127) Agatha: dmg: [1d12+6+2+1] => [4,6,2,1] = (13)
(129) DM: (going to finish this round, and we'll stop after since its almost time)
(129) DM: (hit)
(129) DM: (damage from Jor please)
(119) Joroch: (( awww... k ))
(119) Joroch: (( 13, it's right under the attack. ))
(129) DM: It appears he's critically injured but that doesn't seem to have borne into his skull just yet.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] => [10,15] = (25),[1d20+11] => [4,11] = (15)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d12+8] => [8,8] = (16)
(129) DM: (12, Ag)
(127) Agatha: "Dunno when to quit do--yarrgh!"
(129) DM: (well ok, we'll finish the fight then)
(129) DM: (as for you, Rynn, no sign of your friends,but you can hear fighting from afar)
** (127) Agatha is not happy. **
(127) Agatha: ((full attack))
(127) Agatha: Bar'eth-el Attack Roll: [1d20+15] => [9,15] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d12+4] => [8,4] = (12)
(127) Agatha: Bar'eth-el Attack Roll: [1d20+10] => [13,10] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d12+4] => [9,4] = (13)
(129) DM: He drops to the ground, dead.
(129) DM: (6, Jor)
(115) Rynn: ((Is it at all possible to tell how much of the tower is alerted to them?))
(129) DM: (well, there's shouts...)
** (127) Agatha is bleeding from her side but feels better having made her grievances known. **
(129) DM: (and as for the archers up top, they don't seem to have heard anything)
(119) Joroch: (( aww, I don't get to do the move I had planned. Oh well... ))
** (115) Rynn watches the archers on the top of the tower, as long as her illusion fooled some it was worth mantaining. **
** (119) Joroch focuses on the images of the mage as the warrior falls down, striking out at a couple, first striking where he thought the mage had been then also at a spot right next to that first place. **
(119) Joroch: Longsword full attack:
Attack 1: [1d20+18] => [16,18] = (34) (crit 17-20)
Attack 2: [1d20+13] => [7,13] = (20) (crit 17-20)

whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10] => [2] = (2),[1d10] => [10] = (10)
(129) DM: Two images wink out
(129) DM: (5, Git)
** (120) Git appears to fumble a bit in the air, as if trying to gain balance in the air after his ruckus intro(bluff to feint), but quickly rights himself to give a surprise lunge for the woman's chest **
** (119) Joroch squints a little, but otherwise doesn't respond to the misses. **
(120) Git: Bluff Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [5,19] = (24)
(119) Joroch: (( it's not a 1... ))
(120) Git: (heh)
(120) Git: (sneak dmg?)
(129) DM: (checking)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14+9] => [20,14,9] = (43)
(129) Malvira: "Very impressive....for an apprentice."
** (129) Malvira steps back and away. **
(120) Git: (... I lose my attack all together? what happened?)
(129) Malvira: (you bluff, she made her sense motive roll)
(120) Git: (but don't I still get my attack, just sans sneak chance?)
(129) Malvira: (you get the attack of course)
(120) Git: Dancing +3 Bastardsword Attack Roll: [1d20+10] => [1,10] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d10+3+0] => [5,3,0] = (8)
(120) Git: :head deask:
(119) Joroch: (( DOH! ))
(129) DM: (and it missed)
(120) Git: (I'm just cursed tonight)
(129) DM: The mage gesticulates quickly and spreads his hands (AOO by Jor)
(119) Joroch: Longsword attack: [1d20+18] => [13,18] = (31)
(119) Joroch: Parting the silk damage: [8+9] => 17
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] => [4] = (4)
(129) DM: Another image winks out. 5 images remain, 1 of which is the true one.
(129) DM: He unleashes a lightning bolt at your companions.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [10d6] => [6,3,1,1,3,6,3,2,4,3] = (32)
(129) DM: (reflex by Jor and Ag)
(119) Joroch: Reflex: [1d20+10] => [13,10] = (23)
(127) Agatha: Reflex save: [1d20+7] => [18,7] = (25)
(129) DM: (both make, 16 electrical damage)
(129) DM: (20, Mal)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] => [14,10] = (24)
(129) DM: She attempts to tumble to the side, and possibly sidewind into a backstab. (AOO by Git)
(120) Git: Dancing +3 Bastardsword Attack Roll: [1d20+10] => [19,10] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d10+3+0] => [8,3,0] = (11)
(120) Git: (crit threat?)
(120) Git: Dancing +3 Bastardsword Attack Roll: [1d20+10] => [6,10] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d10+3+0] => [10,3,0] = (13)
(129) DM: (yes)
(120) Git: (wonder if I get an att bonus for higher ground.. figuratively sepaking)
(119) Joroch: (( yeah - you're stretching there I'd think... ))
(127) Agatha: ((Hey, it worked for Obi-wan. ;P ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4+2] => [1,2] = (3)
(120) Git: Fortitude save: [1d20+8] => [13,8] = (21)
(129) DM: (12, Jor)
(119) Joroch: (( 12 is Ag ))
(129) DM: (yeah)
** (127) Agatha is still twitching when she turns her attention to the evocation-happy mage. **
(129) DM: He's grinning sadistically.
(127) Agatha: attack: [1d20+14] => [9,14] = (23)
(129) DM: (yep)
(127) Agatha: dmg: [1d12+9] => [12,9] = (21)
(129) DM: (6, Jor)
(127) Agatha: ((how wide is that grin now?))
(129) DM: (not much, but there's a gleam in his eye)
** (119) Joroch sees Git having trouble out of the corner of his eye, so he makes a step off to the side, putting himself between the woman in black and one of the mage's images. he raises his arm up, with the blade aimed down and out slightly. He quickly twists himself, snapping his wrist down so that his spin sends his blade at both opponents as he spins in place ((Whirlwind attack)). **
(119) Joroch: Longsword attack: [1d20+18] => [12,18] = (30)
(119) Joroch: Parting the silk damage: [8+9] => 17
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] => [2] = (2)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] => [2] = (2)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] => [2] = (2)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] => [6] = (6)
(129) DM: Another image winks out.
(119) Joroch: (( does it also hit Malvira? ))
(129) DM: (5, Git)
(129) DM: (yes)
(119) Joroch: (( woo hoo! ))
(129) DM: (I deducted the damage already)
** (120) Git shifts aside a bit to flank with Jeroch and stay between Mal and the door, as he cuts in for her side. **
(120) Git: Dancing +3 Bastardsword(Sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+10] => [11,10] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d10+3+3d6+0] => [4,3,1,5,4,0] = (17)
(120) Git: (oh, +2 flank bonus, 23)
(129) DM: (that hit)
(129) DM: The mage lunges at Malvira and throws you an evil grin. "We will meet again, I'm sure."
(129) DM: He gesticulates (AOO by Jor)
(129) DM: (and Ag)
(119) Joroch: Longsword attack: [1d20+18] => [9,18] = (27)
(119) Joroch: Parting the silk damage: [8+9] => 17
(127) Agatha: Bar'eth-el: [1d20+14] => [20,14] = (34)
(127) Agatha: crit check: [1d20+14] => [10,14] = (24)
(119) Joroch: (( nice crit. ))
(127) Agatha: dmg: [3d12+9] => [9,11,12,9] = (41)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] => [4] = (4)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] => [5] = (5)
(129) DM: Two images wink out, and both Malvira and the mage vanish.
(119) Joroch: (( aww... darn it. ))
(120) Git: "Well.. that was pathetic."
(129) DM: ((hey! you hit him once))
(119) Joroch: .me looks at the empty air. "Yes, we shall."
** (119) Joroch looks at the empty air. "Yes, we shall." **
(129) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)
** (119) Joroch moves to the fallen warrior and wipes his blade clean on the man's garments before sheathing it. **
** (127) Agatha cleans the blood off her axe. "Forget them. They know we're here now. We have to light the signal and get the man out if he's here." **
(119) Zane: oh well - I wasn't quick enough with the other part. :-)


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms