Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
6 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
4 Guests
Registered Users: BrettPag, Maraweild


Back to Tolmara Logs
Welcome to OpenRPG version 1

Welcome to OpenRPG version 1.7.6...
Locating server at 74.220.220.200:6774...
Game connected!
(377) TaliesinNYC (enter): 19:30
(376) Tark (enter): 19:30
Server Administrator-> You have connected to an OpenRPG server, version '1.7.1'.

OpenRPG

Many thanks goes to all of those who contributed!

The Tangled Web


Join Us At: Our Forum

This product is licensed under the GNU GPL License.

 

The Tangled Web
Standing outside the entrance to the cave, you are surprised to hear the sounds of music and merriment coming from deep within.
1) Enter the Cave
2) Run fast and far away



Moving to room 'Tolmara'..
(377) TaliesinNYC (enter): 19:38
Server Administrator->

 Friday Game: 9:30pm - 3am EST

Read This For Details
This campaign uses the 3.5 D&D ruleset and has been running since Oct 2003.
If you would like more information, please feel free to send me an e-mail to SobaAddict70 at gmail dot com or by using one of the instant messaging services above. If you send an e-mail, please be sure to put "Andurin" in the subject line, otherwise I might treat it as spam.


Thanks.


Attempting to assign the role of GM to (377) TaliesinNYC...
(377) TaliesinNYC: h
(381) Rob (enter): 19:55
(377) TaliesinNYC: hi
(381) Rob: Hey
(377) TaliesinNYC: what can I do for you?
(381) Rob: Was I not supposed to show up yet?
(377) TaliesinNYC: oh you're stephen
(381) Rob: Nope, that was just for him then
(377) TaliesinNYC: no, that's for him and peeps in this game
(377) TaliesinNYC: sorry, you're one of my players lol
(377) TaliesinNYC: it's been a while
(381) Rob: Haha, I was a little confused.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (381) Rob...
(377) TaliesinNYC: Rynn?
(381) Rob: Yeah
(377) TaliesinNYC: sorry, I take a break of 3 weeks and I've forgotten everything
(381) Rob: It's all right
(381) Rob: I'm terrible with names
(382) Gatz (enter): 20:00
(382) Gatz: Ha hah! I'm back bitches!
(382) Gatz: Kinda touch and go there for a moment with my ISP.
(382) Gatz: How's everyone been?
(381) Rob: Great
(383) Trajan (enter): 20:01
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (382) Gatz...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (383) Trajan...
(377) TaliesinNYC: please send me your nodes
(377) TaliesinNYC: I did a system restore a couple weeks ago
(377) TaliesinNYC: so I've lost everything
(383) Trajan: All i've got is the rumor list and map key.
(384) Zane (enter): 20:03
(377) TaliesinNYC: what have you been using as a character node?
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (384) Zane...
(384) Zane: (( brb ))
(383) Trajan: Oh. I got one from Open's site I think but I didn't like it. I've been entering stuff on my own.
(377) TaliesinNYC: ok
(377) TaliesinNYC: well I'm sending you a node
(377) TaliesinNYC: pls enter everything into it and then send it back to me
(381) Rob: I don't think I ever gave you my character sheet...
(383) Trajan: Oh. Okay.
(383) Trajan: I'll do that.
(377) TaliesinNYC: ignore the fact that it's Joroch's node and just erase everything
(377) TaliesinNYC: I prefer nodes because I can use them on the fly
(381) Rob: I could use a node too, I don't like the one I stumbled upon much either
(377) TaliesinNYC: now, I know some of you want to do the FR game I ran a while back
(377) TaliesinNYC: so if you could please take a look at the thread on the OpenRPG forum and weigh in there instead of by e-mail it might help
(377) TaliesinNYC: particularly since I'm forgoing the usual method of recruitment
(377) TaliesinNYC: Sushil/Lunauc is in at the moment, but he hasn't mentioned what day
(384) Zane: back - Sorry, phone call just as I logged on. As far as FR game, I will have to pass right now unfortunately. And if anyone wants a non-standard node that is easily editable, I have a blank one.
(377) TaliesinNYC: that's ok
(381) Rob: I'm not availible any night but this one.
(377) TaliesinNYC: Ruth was Donovan's PC right?
(384) Zane: yep
(377) TaliesinNYC: k
(384) Zane: Fildin was me.
(377) TaliesinNYC: so if Donovan ends up passing, that's fine with me
(384) Zane: Amreth is gone now, right?
(377) TaliesinNYC: Amreth is gone and I don't want him back
(384) Zane: lol
(377) TaliesinNYC: the player was too much drama
(382) Gatz: I'll be honest. I've gotten to the point where I'm kinda sick of D&D. It just isn't conducive to RP.
(382) Gatz: This game being the exception of course.
(377) TaliesinNYC: oh?
(377) TaliesinNYC: well I'm gratified I think
(381) Rob: I started playing GURPS, it's what I'm going to shift too when 4.0 comes out.
(377) TaliesinNYC: ew
(377) TaliesinNYC: ew on both Gurps and 4.0
(381) Rob: Haha
(377) TaliesinNYC: I won't be going to 4.0
(377) TaliesinNYC: I might go back to 2nd edition
(377) TaliesinNYC: but we'll see
(382) Gatz: We don't even know what 4.0 will have. Believe me, I've tried to find info.
(382) Gatz: However the under-currents of what's been said are notably sinister.
(377) TaliesinNYC: that it's for money?
(377) TaliesinNYC: we know that
(382) Gatz: I think it was the face-to-face games that killed it for me.
(377) TaliesinNYC: what were they like?
(382) Gatz: No that they're trying to streamline the game. Rumor has it that the skills system may be completely chucked.
(384) Zane: I heard not chucked, but a lot less skills - many things combined.
(382) Gatz: Combat is also up for revision. That's what keeps me interested enough to try to follow what's going on.
(377) TaliesinNYC: lol, so it's really 2nd edition then
(377) TaliesinNYC: or 1st edition
(384) Zane: Actually, although I never played 2nd Ed, but it does sound like they are borrowing a few ideas from 2nd, yes.
(377) TaliesinNYC: OD&D had no skills at all
(382) Gatz: It's waiting twenty minutes to sort out the rules adjudications (sp?) that come up every round. I hate that. If 4E can cut that down to 5, I'll give it a shot.
(377) TaliesinNYC: you want to do a diplomacy check? you RPed it out and hoped for the best
(382) Gatz: True, Dip was possibly the worst skill to assign a number to.
(377) TaliesinNYC: should be interesting
(382) Gatz: But my digression/rant has eaten up time. We have an interview, yes?
(384) Zane: Yeah, Thom (Sat char) has a decent Dip skill, but he started working on it once he realized through RP that he had a knock for it.
(384) Zane: or a knack for it...
(377) TaliesinNYC: he's not here yet
(377) TaliesinNYC: and might not be here until tomorrow or Sun
(377) TaliesinNYC: he's actually interested in the Sat game and will sit in on that
(382) Gatz: Ah...
(377) TaliesinNYC: the Sat game has room for 1 more -- not that I'm going to recruit but I thought it might be nice to see what came up
(382) Gatz: Then let the bitching session continue!
(377) TaliesinNYC: heh
(377) TaliesinNYC: he might show up tonight, it doesn't matter
(377) TaliesinNYC: there IS an interview on Sun though
(377) TaliesinNYC: at 7 pm EST
(382) Gatz: Yeah, I think I can make that. Just need to jot down a reminder.
(384) Zane: Same, don't see why I wouldn't make it.
(381) Rob: Just have to fill in skill checks now...
(384) Zane: Stash - I take it from an earlier comment that you do have Joroch's sheet, right?
(377) TaliesinNYC: yes
(377) TaliesinNYC: ok, so Sterling will be written out of the storyline if Jon (Trajan) can't make it going forward
(377) TaliesinNYC: DJ won't be back until I think next weekend and Lunauc will be along later
(383) Trajan: Yeah. At this point and can't give a definite "Yes, I'll be here." And since he's just wandered off by himself it seemed like a good time for me to pull.
(383) Trajan: although, for the record, I hate to do it
(377) TaliesinNYC: heheh
(384) Zane: Shame that you have to pop out, but I understand how that works. I had to do that with the original FR game.
(377) TaliesinNYC: well your spot is yours whenever
(383) Trajan: I appreciate that
(384) Zane: However, even if you return in two years are we are all glowing because we are level 20, Sterling is still level 9... :-P
(384) Zane: *and we are
(383) Trajan: :)
(377) TaliesinNYC: heh
(377) TaliesinNYC: doubt they'll be level 20 in 2 years
(384) Zane: yeah, I know. Actually, I was kinda referencing an old Penny Arcade comic.
(382) Gatz: Hunh. Must've been in a post. I don't remember it.
(381) Rob: Got to shovel the sidewalk, I'll be back
(384) Zane: Here it is: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/12/31
(384) Zane: I said kinda referencing... not very well, but I was going from memory as well...
(381) Rob: back
(381) Rob: I kind of finished the node, other than the fact that it has Joroch written all over it
(377) TaliesinNYC: heh
(377) TaliesinNYC: you can edit it out you know
(384) Zane: NO!!! Don't erase Joroch!! Nooooooooooo...
(377) TaliesinNYC: =P
(377) TaliesinNYC: ok, I'm going to order food and then we'll wait for Lunauc and then start
(383) Trajan has sent you a tree node...
(384) Zane: k
(381) Rob: A'ight I think I finished...
(384) Zane: Yeah, it requires more work to fill that node than the standard OpenRPG one, but it is so much more editable and I prefer it.
Game disconnected!
Locating server at 74.220.220.200:6774...
Game connected!
(391) TaliesinNYC (enter): 20:51
(387) Mish (enter): 20:51
(389) Avzin (enter): 20:51
Server Administrator-> You have connected to an OpenRPG server, version '1.7.1'.

OpenRPG

Many thanks goes to all of those who contributed!

The Tangled Web


Join Us At: Our Forum

This product is licensed under the GNU GPL License.

 

The Tangled Web
Standing outside the entrance to the cave, you are surprised to hear the sounds of music and merriment coming from deep within.
1) Enter the Cave
2) Run fast and far away



Moving to room 'Tolmara'..
(391) TaliesinNYC (enter): 20:51
Server Administrator->

 Friday Game: 9:30pm - 3am EST

Read This For Details
This campaign uses the 3.5 D&D ruleset and has been running since Oct 2003.
If you would like more information, please feel free to send me an e-mail to SobaAddict70 at gmail dot com or by using one of the instant messaging services above. If you send an e-mail, please be sure to put "Andurin" in the subject line, otherwise I might treat it as spam.


Thanks.


(377) TaliesinNYC (enter): 20:51
(381) Rob (enter): 20:51
(382) Gatz (enter): 20:51
(383) Trajan (enter): 20:51
(384) Zane (enter): 20:51
Attempting to assign the role of GM to (391) TaliesinNYC...
(391) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(377) TaliesinNYC' from room...
(377) TaliesinNYC (exit): 20:51
(383) Trajan has sent you a tree node...
(384) Zane: lol
(381) Rob: Normally I don't mind to much, but I spent a lot of today messing with Morrowind mods
(391) TaliesinNYC: see? that wasn't so hard after all editing out Joroch
(391) TaliesinNYC: ok, refresh my memory what you decided to do the last time?
(384) Zane: Joroch decided to follow where the others lead. :-P
(381) Rob: We were looking to be employed by someone and for some reason felt like pretending to be nobles, or something
(383) Trajan: Sterling, or should I call him "Grumman, the unwashed", had just left to follow the member of the Nine Council who had been at dinner.
(391) TaliesinNYC: ok
(391) TaliesinNYC: I've reloaded the log
(391) TaliesinNYC: we should wait for Lunauc before we begin
(391) TaliesinNYC: it's a doozy
(381) Rob: Rynn hasn't spoken but is posing as a servant/slave of Lord Jaspus Meiliuge
(382) Gatz: Yeah, I definitely need a refresher course.
(381) Rob: aka Git
(384) Zane: Same as Joroch - except that he's filling the role of bodyguard.
(384) Zane: Well - gonna go for a smoke before Lun shows.
(382) Gatz: Gonna have to make it a quick one.
(382) Gatz: He just popped up on aim.
(383) Trajan: Well, since Sterling disappeared at the end of the last session for an undetermined length of time, I think I'm gonna bail.
(391) TaliesinNYC: k
(383) Trajan: Thanks a lot for letting me play and I hope to see you guys once this whole thing gets squared away.
(391) TaliesinNYC: np
(381) Rob: Did I miss somethign?
(381) Rob: *something
(391) TaliesinNYC: nope
(391) TaliesinNYC: he sent an e-mail earlier
(396) Lunauc (enter): 21:01
(396) Lunauc: yo
(391) TaliesinNYC: he's not going to be able to make it going forward I don't think
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (396) Lunauc...
(391) TaliesinNYC: yo
(381) Rob: Hey
(391) TaliesinNYC: so Jon is bailing on us because his schedule might not be good next week
(383) Trajan: sure...something like that
(381) Rob: Ouch, well that's a shame...
(391) TaliesinNYC: yeah well, it happens
(391) TaliesinNYC: so before we begin (I sent the node of what happened last time to Lun), I wanted to check about the FR game with Lun
(383) Trajan: Disconnecting from server...
(383) Trajan (exit): 21:03
(391) TaliesinNYC: Lun?
(396) Lunauc: yes?
(391) TaliesinNYC: when are you available for the FR game?
(396) Lunauc: tuesdays-thursday any time after 5 pm, or anytime sunday
(384) Zane: back
(391) TaliesinNYC: that work for you Zane?
(396) Lunauc: actually has anyone heard from dj?
(391) TaliesinNYC: DJ won't be back until next weekend
(391) TaliesinNYC: he gets back the 15th I think
(396) Lunauc: ah, wasn;t sure if he was planning on restarting his tues game
(391) TaliesinNYC: he probably will
(384) Zane: Actually, Sun moght work - but my week has filled up, i WOULD NEED TO CHECK SOME THINGS.
(382) Gatz: My that is a lot, but Lun left me a good opening.
(381) Rob: Miss the shift key?
(391) TaliesinNYC: lol
(396) Lunauc: 0.o
(384) Zane: Oops... Sorry.
(382) Gatz: It would've taken more control than maybe Aggy had not to jump immediately at Najardac's throat.
(381) Rob: I miss it the other way, hitting control and a random key is much much worse...
(382) Gatz: Just finished catching up.
(391) TaliesinNYC: ok and if you could post on the thread here so that the forum noobs know what to expect
(391) TaliesinNYC: I just ordered food so when it arrives, we'll begin
(405) Zane (enter): 21:19
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (405) Zane...
(391) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(384) Zane' from room...
(384) Zane (exit): 21:20
(408) Zach (enter): 21:21
(381) Rob: Oh, this is something Rynn would have brought up on the road, but who here wouldn't mind a Bull's strength in the middle of combat?
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (408) Zach...
(391) TaliesinNYC: Zach, could you pls send me your node?
(391) TaliesinNYC: I had to do a system restore a week ago and lost everything consequently
(408) Zach: Sure.
(408) Zach has sent you a tree node...
(391) TaliesinNYC: waiting for food and we'll begin shortly
(381) Rob has sent you a tree node...
(381) Rob: There's mine
(391) TaliesinNYC: tanks
(405) Zane: guns
(381) Rob: lots of guns
(391) TaliesinNYC: bah bah bah
(405) Zane: :-)
(381) Rob: Haha
(382) Gatz: Shark familiar with a frikkin' laser on its head.
(382) Gatz: Hmm. This so-called broadband connection is pretty sucktacular so far.
(405) Zane: Maybe it's your comp? What are your ping results?
(382) Gatz: 49ms is the high
(382) Gatz: Speed test clocks me at 4.5Mb/s
(405) Zane: wow... that rather good. I'm right about 500 usually.
(391) TaliesinNYC: ok, let's go
(382) Gatz: Actual download speed are doing only slightly better than dial-up
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(382) Gatz: k
(381) Rynn: Alright!
(391) Countess Nemours: "I suppose you're wondering why I'm seeking worthy adventurers such as yourselves."
(396) Lunauc: (are we still at dinner?)
** (405) Joroch remains silent, slowly eating a little food. **
(391) Countess Nemours: (FFed)
(405) Joroch: (( oh - or not... ))
** (396) Git nods to the lady, "I am a bit curious." **
** (382) Agatha is chomping at the bit outside. She's agitated that the man who has her son is inside. And that she's not in there strangling that man." **
(391) Countess Nemours: "I am seeking individuals -- worthy sword-arms, mind you, to assist hunting a crimson drake named 'Storm', who until recently had confined her devastation to the wild lands to the south east of here. Five months ago, Storm began raiding the outlying farms and districts of this portion of Kern, and two months later, she completely devastated a small keep belonging to Narius, a powerful if reclusive wizard. After Narius' death, the drake's raids have become increasingly bold and soon several villages were left burning in the creature's wake."
** (408) Berard is with Agatha -- trying not to say or do anything that might set her off. **
(396) Git: :blinks: "That's terrible. Was there some incident which motivated her assaults?"
(391) Countess Nemours: "It was then that I realized that we needed professional help, a seasoned adventuring company accustomed to facing such perils. Now I am a magus of no small talents but my power is miniscule compared to the might that was wielded by the late Narius. After the drake raided one of my villages, I assumed the form of an owl and followed Storm back ot her lair."
(391) Countess Nemours: "I am not quite sure. The attacks seem to have been quite sudden."
(396) Git: "Hmm.. and does she have a prior history of such rampage?"
(391) Countess Nemours: "From time to time, yes."
(396) Git: "Might this be following some periodic pattern?"
(396) Git: "Or is there reason to believe otherwise?"
(391) Countess Nemours: "I can give you directions that will take you directly to the drake's doorstep. All that I ask is that you slay the drake. The hoard, which must be truly gigantic after plundering Narius' stronghold, is yours to keep should you succeed, though I would like access to Narius' spellbooks if you recover them."
(391) Countess Nemours: "Who knows the ways of crimson drakes?"
(391) Countess Nemours: "I however, am responsible for my people."
(396) Git: "I understand, Lady."
(396) Git: "How far away is the lair?"
(391) Countess Nemours: "About three days on horseback, double that on foot, to the east, near the foothills of the Ashen Mountains."
(396) Git: :nods: "When you followed her back to her lair, was she carrying anything with her? I'm just curious if she was raiding or simply rampaging."
** (391) Countess Nemours thinks a little. "To my recollection, it seemed as if it was a routine rampage." **
(391) Countess Nemours: "But the ferocity of the attack and the devastation she wrought was shocking."
(396) Git: "Well.. that is certainly something which should not be ignored. Were there any survivors, people she may have questioned or spoken with in the villages? I want to make sure she isn't searching for something or someone."
** (391) Countess Nemours wrings her hands worriedly. **
(391) Countess Nemours: "Oh no. The carnage was quite thorough, I do assure you."
(391) DM: She seems to have paled a bit, her lip trembles.
** (396) Git nods dullenly. "That is unfortunate." **
(396) Git: "Well.. if you will get us the directions we will be sure to look in to the matter."
whispering to Zane, can you whisper that to me again pls?
(391) DM: She brightens considerably upon hearing this and smiles warmly.
(391) Countess Nemours: "Thank you for your help. I will not soon forget this."
(391) Countess Nemours: "Jordan will direct you to the shrine of Hurishta should you have need of a blessing or an oracle. They have maps which will show the way to the lair of the drake."
(396) Git: :grins lightly: "Well.. what kind of gentleman would I be if I allowed a Lady to suffer so?"
(396) Git: "Alright then. We'll leave at once." :stands and offers a gentle hand to the Lady, "Wish us well, Madam."
** (405) Joroch moves as Git stands, making his way to the door, checking for any danger. **
** (381) Rynn stands as well, making sure to follow close behind Git. **
** (405) Joroch peeks out the door to the room, but waits for Git before leaving. **
(391) Countess Nemours: "Jordan! Please show them out if you will, and direct them to the shrine if they should wish it." (calls)
(391) DM: The butler escorts you from the dining room when you are ready.
** (396) Git gestures to his allies to follow and heads out to find their guide to the Temple. He whispers to Joroch as they leave the room, "Go check outside if Aggy spotted Lynze." **
** (381) Rynn makes a polite bow to the countess before she leaves the room. **
** (405) Joroch gives a quick nod and moves quickly outside the house to check in with Aggy and Bernard. **
(396) Git: :nods politely to Jordan: "We are in your care, sir. Please lead the way."
(391) Jordan: "M'lady worries me at times." (murmurs)
(396) Git: "Oh? Problems with health?" :chances randomly:
(391) Jordan: "She does not seem herself as of late."
(391) Jordan: "Since the latest attack."
(396) Git: "The one she witnessed..?"
(391) Jordan: "She is an accomplished magus, but how she trailed that creature is beyond my comprehension. She is incredibly brave...or quite foolish."
** (391) Jordan reaches the door and regards you gravely. **
(391) Jordan: "And not discerning of who she speaks to."
(396) Git: "In a grave situation people will do things they may never dream of doing in peaceful times. She was brave to to what she could and bring back this knowledge." :speaks praisingly:
(396) Git: "Has she seen combat before?"
(391) Jordan: "That's what I'm trying to tell you, good sir. She has never been much of a warrior, much less a magus on the battlefield."
(396) Git: "Which makes her act all the more courageous. Was she particularly attached to the perished villagers?"
(391) Jordan: "Hard to say. She has only come into her title this year. I'm certain she feels for her people in some fashion."
(396) Git: "Oh...? Only so recently? I would have expected her a much more senior member to aristocracy, what with the company she regularly keeps."
** (396) Git follows along with the butler as they speak. **
(391) Jordan: "Oh you saw Lord Najardac?"
** (391) Jordan says that with contempt. **
(396) Git: :nods: "Briefly."
(391) Jordan: "A lord in name only." (quietly)
(396) Git: :grins: "You have a distaste for the man, I take it?"
** (391) Jordan looks around as if he was heard. **
(391) Jordan: "He is well known. I wonder if m'lady knows of him."
(396) Git: "If she does not, then how did he come to be a regular at her table?"
(391) Jordan: "A very good question, sir."
(396) Git: "Should I take it to mean you are not sure either?"
(391) Jordan: "M'lady is a good judge of character. Usually."
(396) Git: "Yet.. not so much lately..?"
(391) Jordan: "The attacks must have addled her mind, sir."
(391) DM: (where is everyone else?)
(396) Git: :nods and inquires: "How long has Najardac been seeing her Ladyship?"
(381) Rynn: (Rynn is following Git still)
(391) Jordan: "Since the last two months, I believe."
(396) Git: "And.. how long has the drake Storm been raiding?"
(405) Joroch: (( the rest of us are outside ))
(391) Jordan: "Three weeks ago."
(396) Git: "Hmmm...":nods thoughtfully.:
(391) Jordan: "The attacks may have addled m'lady's mind. I do hope you can do some good for her."
(396) Git: "As do I. It is a terrible thing, these attacks."
** (381) Rynn nods solemly. **
** (391) Jordan gives you directions to the shrine. which is in the center of town. **
(381) Rynn: "How far is this shrine?"
** (396) Git follows the butler outside, asking along the way, "Do you know if Storm has attacked any other provinces, or has she restricted her attacks to the Countess' lands?" **
** (391) Jordan holds the door open for you. "May the gods bring you luck." **
(415) Telgore (enter): 22:27
(391) Jordan: "As far as I know, the attacks have commenced just these three weeks. 'Tis possible that it has attacked the province that Najardac rules over however."
(391) Jordan: "Which might be the reason why he has come."
** (405) Joroch stands outside watching the streets, with Aggy and Bernard close by. **
(396) Git: "Oh... I thought he was simply a routine visitor. Is Najardac's province nearby?"
(381) Rynn: "A common enemy would explain a friendship."
(391) Jordan: "If you follow the east road, it will cross the Ashen Mountains and lead to the city of Stressex. The Black Duke reigns over all land to the east of the mountains and north of the river Davern, to the border of the Fens of the Dead."
(391) Jordan: "The city Stressex is Naj-- the Black Duke's seat of power and it is where he is strongest in influence."
(396) Git: "That is quite a breath of influence. Not a man to upset, I'm sure."
(391) Jordan: "Feel free." (murmurs softly)
** (391) Jordan catches himself. "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to say...." **
(396) Git: :holds up his hands, grinning in jesting defeat: "Oh, I tempt fate enough as it is. Worry not. I know when to hold my tongue."
** (381) Rynn can't help but laugh. **
(391) DM: A bell sounds.
(391) Jordan: "If you will excuse me. M'lady is waiting for me."
** (396) Git glances toward Aggy and Joroch, a questioning look.(questioing about lynze of course) **
** (391) Jordan bows deeply and closes the door gently. **
(381) Rynn: "Fare you well"
(396) Git: "Good day." :offers mildly as the door closes:
(391) Jordan: "Benvolio's luck be with you."
** (405) Joroch shakes his head slightly, in the negative, at Git's glance. **
whispering to Telgore, what can I do for you?
(396) Git: "And what of Hurishta's wisdom? The directions to the temple..?" :suggests in hint:
(391) DM: (he gave them to you)
(396) Git: (ah... never mind then)
(405) Joroch: (( to the center of town ))
** (396) Git strolls toward the others, "So... no Lynze?" **
** (381) Rynn stretches as she walks from the door, her once formal posture melting back to her casual one. **
(405) Joroch: "Your friends did not see Lynze, no."
(396) Git: "Ah.. I'm sorry Aggy."
(408) Berard: "So... what's this about a drake?"
(396) Git: "Oh that..." :nonchalantly explains: "I agreed to slay a red drake."
(408) Berard: "Is this something you do often?"
** (382) Agatha is restrained by the others as she snaps at him. **
(381) Rynn: "She's killing people and lives that way." :Rynn points, to the best of her knowledge, the direction of Storm's nest.:
(382) Agatha: "You what?!"
** (405) Joroch gladly holds Agatha back. **
** (408) Berard gets out of Agatha's way. **
(382) Agatha: "You let that scum walk away, and agree to walk into a damned death trap?!"
(405) Joroch: "Is that not how this group normally works?"
(381) Rynn: :under her breath: "I thought it sounded like fun..."
(396) Git: :explains idly to Aggy, while turning to head for the temple: "Well, she was very distraught about the attacks. I felt obligated." :then straightens his face to speak honestly: "Besides, we don't know how strong Najardac or his entourage are. Attacking them without Lynze even being there to retrieve him would have been possibly sucidal and without reason. Besides.. just because I agree to do something does not mean I will."
(408) Berard: "What is your impression of the Countess? And Najardac?"
(382) Agatha: "He didn't know who we were. We could've surprised him, pinned him down and forced him to tell us where Linze is!"
(381) Rynn: "The Countess is easily distraught for someone of her power. Her cook, thankfully, is much better at what he does."
(396) Git: :shrugs as he walks: "I haven't known either long enough to make a full analysis. But given that she neighbors his lands and he has come to her just before strife settles over her land..."
(405) Joroch: "Definately more to Najardac then there appears. I noticed that he had a ruby ring on his left index finger that would sparkles and shimmers as he talked. The Countess - I am not impressed with, she seems to weaken after her people are attacked."
(396) Git: :to Aggy: "We know where Lynze is, we just can't reach him. PLease.. Calm down. I know your worries, but starting ascene here won't help him."
(408) Berard: :to Agatha: "The last time we fought one of the Nine, she escaped easily. If we tipped our hand, it might make things that much more difficult to rescue Lynze."
(381) Rynn: "Who knows, maybe Najardac did recognise us but didn't take actions for the very same reason. We're not sure we're the one's making the surprise."
(408) Berard: "That's a cheery thought."
(391) DM: Various townsfolk go about their business while you walk along.
(391) DM: The shrine to the goddess of magicka is a relatively small building compared to other structures that you've seen elsewhere, particularly in Wylund. It's almost as if whomever built it didn't want it to stand out in any way.
** (405) Joroch walks with the group, keeping near Aggy to ensure that she doesn't attack anyone before she has a chance to cool down. **
** (396) Git slows to pace with Aggy as they approach the temple, "A bit cooler now?" **
** (382) Agatha is absolutely fuming, but can't do anything. **
(382) Agatha: "I still say you should've got as soon as you laid eyes on him. Talakara knew we were coming. Najardac wouldn't have seen a thing."
(382) Agatha: ((should've got me*))
** (405) Joroch pauses at the door to the shrine, telling Git, "I'll wait here until you all finish, in case he did recognize you." **
** (396) Git lets out a slow sigh, "I knwo you want to punish him for holding your son captive, but don't let your anger blind you. Saving Lynze is what is important, not punishing Najardac." :grins: "That will be the bonus mission." **
whispering to Telgore, hello?
(396) Git: :nods to Joroch:
(381) Rynn: "Who's to say he didn't? He has more to lose by making a scene than we do, and we have enough to lose that the other's feel it's best to stand down. We will meet him again, not by chance but by our own decision. I can assure you that everyone here will be by your side for that."
** (382) Agatha turns her head away dismissively. "Hmph." **
(396) Git: :forces a jovial tone to Aggy to attempt: "Care to punish a nasty drake in his place for now?"
(382) Agatha: "What for? Some power game where we don't know who's playin' and who's makin' the rules?"
(391) Molina: "How may I be of service today?" (bows as you enter the shrine)
(415) Telgore (exit): 22:57
(396) Git: "Basically. After all... I'm not sure yet if the drake is connected to Najardac or not." :enters the shrine and hows to the greeter: "We come on behest of the Countess."
(391) Molina: "Ah, so you have."
(391) Molina: "She did mention something about assistance that we could provide, yes?"
(396) Git: "Yes, directions, and perhaps your blessings."
(381) Rynn: "Some pleasant words from the divine before we go face our death." :smiles:
(391) Molina: "Well, if you will wait here, I shall return with maps. If you return tomorrow morning, the alchemist will be ready for you."
(396) Git: "Ah.. will this alchemist be able to provide us some protection from the drake's flames?"
(391) Molina: "He has an extensive store from which you may choose any five potions or elixirs, by the generosity of Her Grace, the Countess."
(396) Git: "That is very helpful. Thank you. I will lay down a prayer to the godess while you retrieve the maps then."
(391) Molina: "If you will wait kindly here. The maps are in the library." (departs)
** (396) Git goes to the alter to offer a prayer. **
(391) DM: After a short while, the acolyte comes back with a sheaf of parchment.
(391) Molina: "Please, help yourselves."
(396) Git: "Thank you." :takes the maps and bows: "We will return in the morn."
** (391) Molina bows and escorts you out, spreading his hands outward and palms up in a blessing of the goddess. **
** (396) Git follows out of the shrine returning to the others outside. "Well, shall we find an inn for the night?" **
(381) Rynn: "If we plan to stay here for the day I wouldn't mind replacing my flute, I took a bad fall and landed on my old one."
** (408) Berard shrugs. "We can discuss our options in the morning, I suppose." **
(396) Git: :shrugs to Rynn: "God luck, hopefully there is a ship about for you."
(396) Git: :nods to Berard: "Yes, we must choose our path."
** (396) Git heads into town to find an inn. **
** (405) Joroch follows the others. **
** (381) Rynn does as well. **
** (382) Agatha sulks along. **
** (408) Berard follows as well. **
(391) DM: (if someone could please send me the map key node I sent a while back, that'd be great)
(391) DM: (you're at Longwinter but I forget which is which)
(381) Rob has sent you a tree node...
(408) Zach has sent you a tree node...
(391) DM: (got it thanks)
(405) Joroch: (( could you resend it to us, in case we uh, misplaced ours? :-) ))
(391) DM: The inn is called "Arelisa's Aerie".
(391) DM: It's a treehouse.
(396) Git: "Ah... this brings back memories." :looks up the tree:
(391) DM: A great oak stands in the center of town, within which has been carved various rooms, ladders and stairs, as well as a rope bridge that connects the branches and escarpments.
(405) Joroch: "People pay to sleep in a tree?"
(381) Rynn: "It is a rather nice tree."
(391) DM: The tavern is a separate building and on the ground, naturally.
(405) Joroch: "It's a tree."
(396) Git: "Look on the bright side. At least it's nto a bush."
(405) Joroch: "I guess..."
(381) Rynn: :shrugs: "I pay to have a locked door, I don't care where I sleep. If you are going to stay at the tavern for a while, I'm going to look for that flute..."
(382) Agatha: "For once, I'm with a meat head. A bloke could fall out and break his neck."
(420) Stormcrow (enter): 23:27
(420) Stormcrow (exit): 23:27
(405) Joroch: "At least they put the tavern easily accessable."\
(396) Git: "I don't think that will be as much of a problem inside the three." :heads in to get a couple rooms.:
(396) Git: (afk a min)
(391) DM: (because god forbid someone sets the tree on fire)
(391) DM: Rooms range anywhere from 1 to 3 shillings a night, meals are separate and taken in the tavern.
(405) Joroch: "While he gets rooms, I hear ale calling." Joroch heads into the tavern.
(391) DM: There's a brawl in progress.
(391) DM: A chair is hurled out the door as Joroch approaches. (Reflex)
** (405) Joroch steps aside as soon as he enters, watching the brawl, but out of the way for anyone getting tossed out. **
(405) Joroch: Reflex: [1d20+10] => [11,10] = (21)
(391) DM: Voices shout, "Nasty, filthy slavers! Serves you right!"
(381) Rynn: "I... I'm going back to find a flute, I'll meet back here later..."
** (405) Joroch watches the action and gets a view of the general layout. **
** (382) Agatha comes up behind Joroch. "Hmph. Sounds like they're playin' my song." **
** (396) Git eyes the brawl warily, trying to skirt around it toward the bar to ask another bystander what has happened. **
** (408) Berard waves farewell to Rynn and peers into the tavern from behind Agatha. **
(405) Joroch: "Maybe, but there are too many people for me to tell who said what."
(391) DM: A drunken dwarf, frothing at the mouth, tosses a half-elf out the door. "Try to sell my kin off, will ye? This is what we do to the likes o' ye!"
(405) Joroch: "Damn, it's about to get messy, the bartenders appear about ready to bust open some skulls, with warhammers."
(391) DM: He's unconscious. (the half-elf)
** (382) Agatha cracks her knuckles. "Well as a fellow barkeep, I'd feel obliged to step in an help. **
** (405) Joroch lets the dwarf move by, both directions. "About 20 different individuals involved, don't see anyway to stop the fighting just yet." **
** (382) Agatha strolls in from some hands-on shop talk. **
(405) Joroch: "Very well - start seperating folks?"
(391) Tonazk: "Theshe drow held a market here and tried to get thome roomth. Word thpread around and well....hic."
(391) Tonazk: (to Git)
(382) Agatha: "Let's see how we do without the blades first, eh meathead?"
(396) Git: "Ah.. drow... I see."
** (405) Joroch moves in with Agatha, trying to seperate any dwarf and elves fighting, believing they are at the start of it. "Definately, I doubt these drunkards could hurt me anyway." **
(391) DM: Well, not quite true. Half-drow more likely, by their appearance. But still...
(391) DM: (how do you want to do this? because it's really easy to get involved. ^^)
(396) Git: (anyone watching the bar, or are they all busy minding the brawl?)
(391) DM: One of the bartenders is shouting and rapidly losing his voice.
(405) Joroch: (( Joroch is going to start just forcing apart elves and dwarves - pushing them enough to maybe knock them down and out. ))
(391) DM: His partner has started slamming a few brawlers aside with the warhammer.
(391) DM: (nonlethal damage?)
** (382) Agatha works through the crowd, trying to get close enough to the bartenders to talk? **
(405) Joroch: (( yeah. ))
** (396) Git leans toward the shouting barkeep to ask in a casually, though raised, voice, "Pardon, I was wondering about renting rooms for the night." **
(428) Warsor (enter): 23:44
(428) Warsor (exit): 23:44
(391) Hlutwolf: "Oh?" (looks harried)
(391) Hlutwolf: "We can if you like. How many and how high?"
** (391) Hlutwolf ducks to avoid a thrown flagon. **
(396) Git: "Two rooms. Low down... I have a friend afraid of falling."
(391) Hlutwolf: "That'll be six shillings. But if you can get them to stop, it'll be on the house."
** (391) Hlutwolf ducks again. **
(396) Git: "Ah.. then just wait a moment. My friends should have this straightened out soon. Can I get an ale while we wait?"
(391) Hlutwolf: "If you can avoid getting hit, of course."
** (391) Hlutwolf ducks **
** (382) Agatha gets tired to wading through the mess. She just lashes out at whoever is willing to fight. **
** (396) Git nods and heads for the bar(total defense btw) and gets himself a drink. While he pours he calls to the keeper: "This sort of thing happen often here?" **
(391) Hlutwolf: "You mean brawls? Or slavers?"
(396) Git: "Hmmm.. both."
(382) Agatha: "Rrragh! Get the hell outta here, you filthy drunken louses!"
(391) Hlutwolf: "Not often. Of course, when a member of the Nine Council comes to town, anything can happen."
** (405) Joroch makes his way to the center of the room, grabbing an elf with one hand, and a dwarf with the other. **
(391) Hlutwolf: "This has been the third brawl in the past month and I'm heartily sick of it."
(396) Git: "Ah.. were they with that fiend, Najardac?"
** (408) Berard stays near the door, watching with bemused fascination. **
(405) Joroch: "FOOLS! You are destroying the ale. Stop this now, or else face me. And I haven't had any ale for quite some time!" (Intimidate check coming)
(405) Joroch: Intimidate: [1d20+12] => [1,12] = (13)
(405) Joroch: (( doh! ))
** (396) Git stands behind the bar with his mug, idly swayig to dodge debris lobbed his way." **
** (382) Agatha prefers to initimidate via practical demonstration. **
(382) Agatha: Intimidate Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [5,10] = (15)
(391) Hlutwolf: "No, with an ilythi'iri who is a councillor."
(391) Hlutwolf: "I can't pronounce their names."
(391) Hlutwolf: "He's 'scaped but his lackeys weren't so lucky."
(391) DM: No one pays Joroch any mind.
(391) DM: Or Agatha for that matter.
** (405) Joroch tosses back the two he was holding. "Fine!" Joroch draws out his longsword. "Last chance to take this outside!" he yells over the din. **
(405) Joroch: Intimidate: [1d20+12] => [18,12] = (30)
(391) DM: People slowly come to a stop.
(391) DM: Dead silence reigns over the tavern as Hlutwolf dares to look up.
** (396) Git sips his ale **
** (405) Joroch simply holds his blade up before him, letting it be obvious to everyone how practiced he is with the weapon. **
(382) Agatha: "Bugger it all, he just had pull out the pig-sticker."
(391) DM: Several dwarves mutter underneath their breath about how their fun's been ruined but they stand down. A pair of half-drow, backs to the wall, withdraw their hands from their swords and daggers.
** (405) Joroch puts his blade away as the groups seperate. Keeping his eyes on the groups for a moment, he makes his way over to the bar. "Now, how about some ale?" **
(391) Guntrag: "Well done, and you have our thanks."
** (396) Git pours Joroch and Aggy a couple ales. **
(396) Git: "Will there be anything else?"
** (391) Guntrag lays down his warhammer on the bar and says, "Drinks on the house for him." (points to Joroch) **
(405) Joroch: "Not really well done, I didn't want to resort to drawing my blade, but they didn't seem to be paying attention to us otherwise."
(408) Berard: :to Joroch: "You got results, and no one got killed."
(391) Guntrag: "Whomever you are, we're grateful for the help you've shown today."
(382) Agatha: "You were too impatient. I would've had things sorted out in another minute."
(382) Agatha: "...One way or the other."
(396) Git: :as he head back to the proper side of the bar, offers to Aggy: "If you like, I can probably get them fighting again."
(405) Joroch: "And the poor bartender there would have had to split a couple heads open in a minute. There wasn't time Aggy."
(433) Meat (enter): 00:04
(433) Meat (exit): 00:04
** (405) Joroch grabs his ale and takes a couple long drinks from it. **
** (382) Agatha takes a pull from her drink. "Thought about doin' the same myself, Git. Wouldn't say much of me if I did." **
(396) Git: "It would say plenty. Nothing good though." :sighs and turns back to the keepers: "Anyway, we need a couple rooms."
(391) Guntrag: "Of course. How high and how many?"
(396) Git: "EH.. might as well get three. Two low one high."
(391) Hlutwolf: "One shilling for the high room, the other two are on the house."
(391) Guntrag: "Eh?"
(391) Hlutwolf: "It's the least we can do."
** (391) Guntrag shrugs. **
** (396) Git gets out coin and tosses it to Hlutwolf. "Deal." **
(391) Guntrag: "This is the third brawl we've had in the past month. I'd be more inclined to give you for free if you could find a way to stop these damned slavers."
(391) Guntrag: "You didn't hear me say that."
(405) Joroch: "All the fights are about slaves?"
(391) Hlutwolf: "Practically." (glumly)
(391) Hlutwolf: "Oh for the days when we could have a real bar brawl without blood spilled."
(396) Git: "That's a shame, but I don't see how we can help you keep slavers out. Perhaps you should put up a sign banning them."
(391) Hlutwolf: "The last one had daggers in the back and the Aerie was almost closed down."
(391) Guntrag: "That'll be the day."
(408) Berard: "Have you been seeing more slavers of late?"
(391) Guntrag: "Occasionally. They pass through town from time to time."
** (405) Joroch continues to drink and listen for a while, every now and then casting a glance back to where the groups had split apart, making sure they did not start back up. **
(405) Joroch: (( quick smoke. ))
(391) DM: There's an uneasy peace in the tavern between the two groups, but no one starts up again.
(405) Joroch: (( uneasy peace is fine - much better than no peace. ))
(396) Git: "This group of slavers well known around here, or did they just stroll in and say, "Hi... we're slavers. Can we have a room.. for slaving?""
(436) Tyshalle (enter): 00:19
(396) Git: (hey ty)
(437) Gatz (enter): 00:20
(436) Tyshalle (exit): 00:20
(405) Joroch: (( back ))
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (437) Gatz...
(391) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(382) Gatz' from room...
(382) Gatz (exit): 00:24
(391) Hlutwolf: "Seems like a different group each time, yet all are drow."
** (391) Hlutwolf shrugs. **
(391) Hlutwolf: "A drow is a drow is a drow."
** (381) Rynn walks into the tavern and strolls over to the bar, slumping against it, "SO! What did I miss?" **
(405) Joroch: "Nothing much, just all the fun."
(396) Git: :to Rynn: "Dwarf vs Drow free for all. Did you find your flute?"
** (381) Rynn lifts up a simple flute, flashes a grin and jiggles it, "Yep." **
(396) Git: "Good for you."
(396) Git: :lifts his glass, pausing before sipping: "Well.. aren't you going to favor us with a tune?"
(381) Rynn: "I can try, I'm a tad rusty."
(381) Rynn: Perform (any): [1d20+7] => [1,7] = (8)
** (381) Rynn stops almost instantly, "I'll say I'm rusty..." **
** (396) Git cringes. "EH.. just need a bit of work on it, I suppose." **
** (405) Joroch holds up an empty glass after Rynn's first couple notes. "Sounds like I'm gonna need more." **
** (381) Rynn lets out a laugh, slouching against the bar again. **
(396) Git: "Ah.. don't stress." :to the keeper: "A drink for the Lady."
(396) Git: "A bit of proper lubrication should easy the rust a bit."
(381) Rynn: :nods: "The solution of all things in life. If it isn't, ignorance is bliss."
(405) Joroch: "Amen."
** (437) Agatha shakes her head and hides her smile with a drink. **
(391) Hlutwolf: "I will say this. There's been a bit o' traffic in humans lately."
(396) Git: "More than usual?"
(391) Hlutwolf: "Most o' their trades are dwarves or elves or some such."
(437) Agatha: "Slaves or customers?"
(391) Hlutwolf: "Slaves."
(408) Berard: "How recently is lately?"
(391) Guntrag: "Now Hlutwolf, dun be spreadin' roomers."
** (381) Rynn leans backwards and turns her head slightly, looking at Hlutwolf with her back leaned against the bar. **
(391) Hlutwolf: "In the past year or so." (shrugs)
(391) Hlutwolf: "It's as if there's somethin' goin' down, there is."
(396) Git: "Has the Countess addressed the issue?"
(391) Guntrag: "The Countess?"
** (391) Guntrag snorts. **
(391) Hlutwolf: "The Countess? She's a lithe young girl, barely seven and ten. Are ye daft?"
(396) Git: "Hmph.. so that's a no."
(391) Hlutwolf: "If the Countess so much as lifted a finger, well..."
** (391) Hlutwolf looks at Guntrag then back at you. **
(396) Git: "Well...?"
(391) Hlutwolf: "Ye know what they said when that so-called 'Goddess' came to power up north."
** (405) Joroch chuckles, "I knew she didn't seem like much of a leader." **
(391) Guntrag: "Aye. First the wizards, then the priests, then the nobility. All gone."
(391) Guntrag: "Nay, the Countess Nemours does not lift a finger."
** (391) Guntrag takes a pull of ale. **
(381) Rynn: "Even if she was got at what she does, anyone could get too washed up in this drake business and neglect other topics." :pauses for a moment: "Though I find it odd that we heard of her looking for help before the devistation caused by a drake."
(381) Rynn: (*she was good)
(381) Rynn: "That sounds like news that would get around fast, or were we just unlucky?"
(396) Git: "Not to mention her youth and inexperience. I hear she only took her title but a year hence. Who ruled before her?"
(391) Guntrag: "Countess Adaire."
(391) Hlutwolf: "And before her, Countess d'Amberville."
(391) Guntrag: "Except that she disappeared one day."
(391) Guntrag: "Strange magicka, that one."
(391) Hlutwolf: "
(396) Git: "Oh.. intriguing. Are they all related down the line?"
(391) Hlutwolf: "Nay, our Countess Nemours is a slip o' a girl. The idea that she'd act against the slavers...." (snorts)
(396) Git: "Understood."
(391) Hlutwolf: "There is a certain blood connection, I s'pose."
(391) Guntrag: "The Graycloaks might know more. Priests of Destiny."
(396) Git: "Greycloaks, in this town?"
(391) Guntrag: "'Cept they all went away when the 'Goddess' came to power. You might find one or two in Heathwatch though."
(391) Guntrag: "Here? Mayhap more in the Ruins, if any."
** (391) Hlutwolf shivers. **
(391) Hlutwolf: "A haunted place, that. Ghosts and demons and spirits of the dead."
(396) Git: "Yes.. heard of it. Does any travel there?"
(391) Hlutwolf: "Most folk stay away from there, but I've heard of a few, brave and hardy souls who dared go."
(391) Hlutwolf: "Of course, they usually end up raving madmen after."
(396) Git: "Any in town now who are at least moderately sane, and know there way about the place?"
(381) Rynn: :chuckles: "That's always fun, it sounds like a challenge..."
** (391) Hlutwolf thinks. "Well there's Mad Hilda. She's as likely to bite your ear as your finger off." **
(396) Git: "I wouldn't call that moderate... but she is around..?
(381) Rynn: "Wait. Are we going to suicidally conqure the demon infested tombs before or after suicidally attacking the drake?" :Rynn laughs at the absurdity of her own question.:
(437) Agatha: "Oookay. No more for her, thank you very much."
(391) Guntrag: "She might be. I was going to say that you could also try Daria. She's a mystic who's more of a dreamer."
(391) Guntrag: "She claims to be able to see into the future."
** (391) Guntrag snorts **
** (405) Joroch chuckles as well. **
(444) Lunauc (enter): 01:02
(437) Agatha: "Aye, we know that type. I think we might be better off with Mad Hilda.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (444) Lunauc...
(391) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(396) Lunauc' from room...
(396) Lunauc (exit): 01:03
(437) Agatha: "You know where you stand with a person like that."
(391) Guntrag: "Well, if you need more ale, just yell."
** (391) Guntrag saunters off to the jakes. **
(405) Joroch: "We will."
** (381) Rynn turns towards the bar and lays against it, "How do the rooms work out?" **
(444) Git: :to Rynn: "Well.. I'm going up top. Aggy said she wanted a room low, so I figured you're room with her and a spare room for the others."
(381) Rynn: "I'd perfer a high room, but I'll take what I get for free."
(405) Joroch: "As long as I know where to stumble to, it would be poor form to pass on the drinks offered to me."
(444) Git: :shrugs: "Well, you can room with me if you please, but I won't be held responsible for the rumors."
(381) Rynn: "That's alright, I've grown pretty good at not caring what others think of me." :grins sheepishly: "As you've probably noticed I'm not the most subtle person."
(444) Git: "Well.. I can't make any such claims myself, so I forgive you your eccentricities." :looks about the group: "We should speak in private to decide where we go from here before morning. It would be nice to know what we are preparing for."
** (408) Berard nods in agreement. **
** (437) Agatha puts down her drink. "Agreed." **
** (381) Rynn snatches the rest of her drink with a Mage hand and carries it floating over her palm as she stands up, "Sounds good." **
(405) Joroch: "Where to then?"
(381) Rynn: "One of our lower rooms I'd imagine, so no one has to climb where they don't want to."
(391) DM: (ok to ff?)
(405) Joroch: (( sure ))
(408) Berard: (( go for it ))
(381) Rynn: (yep)
(446) Lunauc (enter): 01:18
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (446) Lunauc...
(391) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(444) Lunauc' from room...
(444) Lunauc (exit): 01:19
(446) Lunauc: (stupid server keeps booting me and not letting me back in ;p)
(391) DM: "You know, I could easily show you where your son is...for a price. Mrrow." (said to Agatha as she enters her room)
(391) Basht: "You know, I could easily show you where your son is...for a price. Mrrow." (said to Agatha as she enters her room)
(446) Lunauc: "Kitten.." :offers a smile at the voice:
(391) DM: (hey! unless you're with Aggy)
(405) Joroch: (( this occurs when we retire for the night, I take it. ))
(391) DM: ((correct))
(446) Lunauc: (sorry, got a whisper saying we were going to a private room to talk, thought that meant all of us.(
(391) DM: (well let me know if you do, I'll resume after)
(405) Joroch: (( we can do that OOC and let you know... Unless people want to RP out the decision of the plan. ))
(446) Lunauc: ((well it would help to know where we're going in the morning)
** (391) Basht looks up at Agatha and stretches. **
** (437) Agatha looks at Basht with slight surprise. **
(391) Basht: "Surprised to see me?"
(437) Agatha: "You're a bit far from home aren't you?
** (391) Basht seems amused as if she's caught a mouse in her paws. "This is my home." **
(437) Agatha: ((who else is here?))
(391) DM: ((anyone who shared a room with you I take it))
(405) Joroch: (( Joroch is staying away - Rynn was going to share with Git. So, where was Bernard headed? ))
(408) Berard: (( the other ground level room. ))
(391) Basht: "Although my master is Ra, the Ever-Living, I serve my own counsel, and this world you mortals call Andurin is my home."
(449) Nerridan (enter): 01:29
(437) Agatha: ((just me then? interesting..))
(437) Agatha: "That's a broad way of thinkin'."
(391) Basht: "Your friend found his ka-tet. You have not."
(437) Agatha: "Hmph. Well my ka-tet can keep waiting if it pleases. All I want is my boy."
** (391) Basht chuckles, although her mirth is perhaps wasted on you. **
(437) Agatha: "Who I've got my own way of finding, thank you very much.
(391) Basht: "Your son. Shall I show you where he is, even now?"
** (391) Basht turns serious. "The Fate of a kingdom is in your hands, mortal. More rests in your hands than just your son. The Fate of a kingdom at the price of a soul." **
** (437) Agatha stops and considers this. "Aye and whose soul would that be?" **
(391) Basht: "Someone on whom your son's fate depends. Someone on whom a kingdom depends. There will be a choice, and the choice is yours."
(391) Basht: "You have many roads to consider. Behold and see!"
** (391) Basht spreads her hands and you see a vision... **
(437) Agatha: "Hmph. Damned right it's my choice. One twist of that ring and I can have my son and we can leave all this nonesense beh-"
(391) DM: A map of Kern, a belching volcano. A city situated inside the volcano's caldera. A slave pit, and inside that slave pit, Linze Magveyd.
(391) DM: The vision blurs...
(391) DM: A ship out to sea. An ambush in darkness and fog. Your hands, chained at your sides. Your friends, fighting for the freedom of many.
(391) DM: The vision blurs...
(391) DM: A twelve-sided ruby. A floating axe enshrouded in fire. A woman dressed in white, though as a ghost. A deranged madman calling for blood.
(391) DM: The vision blurs...
(391) DM: A flight of drakes shining in the sun. You and your friends astride their backs. Combat in the air against armies across the land. Linze at your side.
(391) DM: The vision blurs...
(391) DM: And Basht is in front of you her hands at her side, sitting calmly on your bed.
(391) DM: "You have many roads open to you. Consider well which path to your ka-tet."
(391) Basht: "You have many roads open to you. Consider well which path to your ka-tet."
** (437) Agatha tries to hide her astonishment. "Y'know most folks would find satisfaction in just writing a letter." **
** (391) Basht shrugs. "It is not given to I to speak with the clarity of suns. Mrrow." **
(437) Agatha: "Of course not."
(448) Wile E. Coyote (enter): 01:45
(451) Dreadscar (enter): 01:45
(451) Dreadscar (exit): 01:45
(451) Dreadscar (enter): 01:45
(451) Dreadscar (exit): 01:46
(437) Agatha: "Back to the point. Are you going to tell me how to find Linze?"
(391) Basht: "But I am in your debt. You have saved the Fate of my people and I am in your debt."
(448) Wile E. Coyote (exit): 01:47
(391) Basht: "I have already told you how to find your son. Choose a path and follow it, but choose carefully. The task you have been given today will stray you from your path."
(391) Basht: "This is the first meeting of three. There will be two others."
(437) Agatha: "Hmph. Perhaps you'll learn to knock by then."
** (391) Basht smiles and transforms into an orange tabby, then scoots out the door. **
(391) DM: The tabby peeks inside at the last second.
whispering to Gatz, "It may stray you from your path but it will return you in the end."
whispering to Gatz, it's as if she had said it but you hear it clearly in your mind
(391) DM: Then it withdraws, and is gone.
(454) Ghostwheel (enter): 01:54
(454) Ghostwheel (exit): 01:54
** (437) Agatha slams the door shut and sits down on the bed. She considers the wish ring. She remembers the stories of wishes granted. Then she pictures her son for the first time as he is in the present. **
** (437) Agatha cries softly. **
** (446) Lunauc spends his time upstairs, enjoying the nostalgia of treetop dwelling. A mug of ale to one side, and candle to the other and writing in his journal before him, he stares out the window over the branches, taking in the night breeze. **
** (446) Git spends his time upstairs, enjoying the nostalgia of treetop dwelling. A mug of ale to one side, and candle to the other and writing in his journal before him, he stares out the window over the branches, taking in the night breeze. **
** (405) Joroch enjoys a couple more ales, feeling rather good before heading to bed. **
** (381) Rynn eats from her ale-bubble as if it were an apple while examining her flute, trying to scrape off any inperfections. **
(391) DM: (in the morning...)
** (381) Rynn meditates on her arcane energies, her legs crossed as she sits on her bed. **
(449) Nerridan (exit): 02:00
** (446) Git heads downstairs to rouse his comrades, which some knocking on their doors **
** (405) Joroch makes his way down to the tavern after Git arouses him. "Yeah yeah, I'm a comin'" **
** (381) Rynn follows Git after she finishes, playing her flute gently. **
** (408) Berard , an early riser, is quietly reciting a litany when Git makes his appearance. **
(446) Git: "Yes, good morning to you as well. I hope you had a good rest."
** (405) Joroch heads to the tavern and orders some breakfast. **
** (405) Joroch mumbles some kind of response. **
** (446) Git then heads to Aggy's door, pausing a moment before knocking, "Aggy, dear, ya awake in there?" **
** (437) Agatha opens the door suddenly. "I'm fine." **
(437) Agatha: "Have we decided which way we're going?"
(446) Git: "Not yet, thought you might want to have a say in the matter."
** (437) Agatha looks as though she's been dressed, armored, packed, and ready for a while. Did she sleep like that? **
** (446) Git looks Aggy over, thinking for a second before asking sincerely, "Are you alright?" **
** (381) Rynn reaches downstairs to see the group assembled, for the most part. With a few final stretches she goes to join Joroch in the Tavern to see if she can mooch breakfast off of him. **
(405) Joroch: (( she ask, or just sit there? ))
(381) Rynn: (( asks ))
(437) Agatha: "I thought I said I was fine. Are we going to meet the others, or are you just going to gawk all day?"
(405) Joroch: "Sure," he says, ordering another breakfast.
(446) Git: "Well.. I do enjoy gawking. But.." :ushers Aggy down to breakfast:
** (408) Berard pulls up a chair with Joroch and Rynn. **
** (381) Rynn returns the favor by flavoring up the breakfast via prestidigitation. **
(456) Extrimis (enter): 02:13
** (405) Joroch seems to visably loosen up as he eats. Although he does pause as she casts her little spell. "And what was that?" **
** (446) Git moves to take a seat at the table. **
(381) Rynn: "A simple cantrip, it intensifies the flavor of food somewhat. I can tone it back down if you desire."
** (405) Joroch tries the food carefully, not havig taken a bite since she cast. He smiles in surprise, "Huh, not bad. Nicely done." **
(381) Rynn: "Glad to be of help, I use it all the time when I forage for food. Nuts and berrys keep you alive but I like them to taste good too."
(456) Beizer has sent you a tree node...
(405) Joroch: "I guess I could see that. Never worried much about flavor before, we were always just happy to eat when out on long patrol."
** (437) Agatha sits down and joins the conversation. "Seems a waste of magicks if you ask me." **
(405) Joroch: "True, so much better to hurt someone with them, huh?"
(381) Rynn: "Depends on your priorities, I found it very useful."
(405) Joroch: (with a good dose of sarcasm)
** (405) Joroch finishes eating his breakfast. "So, where to now?" **
(446) Git: "Given how close we are to the castle, I suppose we could take on that priority first. Huh?"
(408) Berard: "It might be nice to actually complete one of our commissions."
(446) Git: "Well, now you're just getting picky."
(405) Joroch: "Sounds great to me. You all figure out how to do it, as long as we free it - I'll be happy. But right now, I'm going to be outside."
(381) Rynn: "Our commission? No no, that was a commission to Lord Jaspus Meiliuge and his party of adventurers who were all killed by a drake."
** (381) Rynn smirks before she takes another bite. **
(446) Git: "Hmph." :gives a slight snicker: ".. A terrible loss, I'm sure."
** (405) Joroch heads out of the tavern. **
(408) Berard: "I was referring to Elexa's commission."
(408) Berard: "To rescue her uncle before the ransom period expired."
(381) Rynn: "Ah yes... I forgot about that. That might be a good idea."
(446) Git: "Yes, that would be the castle I speak of."
(437) Agatha: "Aye. Best to focus on the job at hand before taking on some impossible task."
(446) Git: "Shall we see about a meeting with the madwoman then?"
(408) Berard: "Mad Hilda?"
(437) Agatha: "Better her than the dreamer girl. With a name like Mad Hilda, you know where you stand."
** (381) Rynn sees the conversation coming to a close and eats all she can." **
(408) Berard: "I will need a few minutes to finish my morning preparations."
(408) Zach has sent you a tree node...
(437) Agatha: "This mystic, well, one Kha in the world is more than enough."
** (381) Rynn hears that and prompty slows down. **
(446) Git: "May as well, though we should stop by the temple and pick up our "Dragon fighting fear" anyway."
(381) Rynn: "That way they can assume we were killed if we decide not to go through with it. And we get free stuff."
** (408) Berard sighs. **
(446) Git: :nods to Rynn:
(381) Rynn: "Hey, we're going to save some lives using it, just not the ones they intended."
(381) Rynn: (To Berard)
(437) Agatha: "Unless there's a 'can't be skewered by claw or fang' poition, I don't much see the point."
(408) Berard: "Oh, I shan't interfere. Something tells me that if the Nine are involved, we won't avoid the drake so easily."
(446) Git: "That was much the only reason I saw in tavkling the beast. Given the coincidental time table, I thought it might be possible Najardac is connected to Storm somehow."
(408) Berard: "It does seem suspect. Though we may be jumping at shadows."
(446) Git: "Quite true."
(446) Git: "It's just the way that the Black Duke has expanded his lands so far so fast. It suggests he is in the habit of stealing land from other nobles. I was worried this place may be his next venture."
(408) Berard: "Or the dragon could be a hedge against his expansions. The Countess doesn't seem to be made of stern enough stuff to deter regular forces."
(446) Git: "Absolutely not. Though there may be reason for underhanded methods. I can't pretend to understand fully."
(381) Rynn: "But why focus on the Countess? I'd say the drake is just an unconventional army of the Black Duke. One that doesn't have a flag."
(437) Agatha: "Hmph. It could be..."
(446) Git: "Who knows? Frankly I'm curious what spurred the sudden raids.'
(408) Berard: :shrugs: "I'm curious how the Countess managed to track the drake."
(437) Agatha: "Or it could be that the drake is actually puttin' an iron to Najardac and the Nine. And for some reason they can't do much about it."
(437) Agatha: "We don't know enough to say one way or the other."
(408) Berard: "Indeed."
** (408) Berard heads outside to finish his prayers. **
(381) Rynn: "So it's stupid to do something about it now? Duke or not, something caused the drake to start attacking, that's what we have to find and deal with, not the drake itself."
(381) Rynn: :looks down: "Dispite all the money that means giving up..."
(446) Git: "Well.. considering the drake herself is the only one who probably knows why she's attacking, we might need to take a trip to her lair anyway, if we went that path."
(446) Git: "Well.. shall we go meet a mad woman now?"
(381) Rynn: "Well I think that about wraps up breakfast, let us go meet the others."
(381) Rynn: "It might be best to go to the shrine first
(381) Rynn: "They probably don't want us taking a detour, and getting a madwoman to keep her mouth shut will probably be difficult."
(446) Git: "Fair enough."


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms