Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
9 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
7 Guests
Registered Users: BennyKep, Donaldjat


Back to Tolmara Logs
Welcome to OpenRPG version 1

Welcome to OpenRPG version 1.6.1...

Emote commands:

/date - Display the local and GMT time and date.
/dieroller roller - Set your dieroller or list the available rollers.
/font - Sets the font.
/fontsize - Sets the size of your fonts. Recomended 8 or better for the size.
/help - Displays a list of emote commands.
/i or /i player_id_number - Ignore user associated with that player ID.
/lines [number] - View or set the maximum number of lines shown in chat.
/load - Loads settings from another ini file from the myfiles directory.
/log [ on | off | to filename ] - Check log state, additionally turn logging on, off, or set the log filename prefix.
/me - Alias for **yourname.
/moderate [ on | off ] - Show who can speak in a moderated room, or turn room moderation on or off.
/moderate player_id,...=on | off - Give people the ability to speak in a moderated room, or revoke it.
/name or /nick your_name - Change your name.
/ping - Ask for a response from the server.
/purge - Purge history older than your buffersize.
/role [player_id = GM | Player | Lurker] - Get player roles from ther server, or change the role of a player.
/set [setting[=value]] - Displays one or all settings, or sets a setting.
/status your_status - Set your online status (afk,away,etc..).
/time - See /date.
/update [get] - Get the latest version of OpenRPG.
/version - Displays current version of OpenRPG.
/w player_id_number, ... = message - Whisper to player(s). Can contain multiple IDs.
/gw message - Whispers to all players you have set in your whisper group. It adds '(GW): ' before your message so all know it is a group whisper.
/gmw message - Whispers to all GMs in the room
Locating server at rpg.game-edit.org:6774...
Game connected!
(15) TaliesinNYC (enter): 19:48
Server Administrator-> You have connected to an OpenRPG server, version '1.6.1'.

OpenRPG DEV III

This is a development server. At any given time it may be running from experimental, modified, or updated code. Special features may be available to developer patched clients.

 

Current server modifications will not prevent non-developer patched clients from connecting. Please feel free to use this server for your own games.
This server is fully compatible with the OpenRPG 1.5.1 release as well as the 1.6.0 developer build.





(10) Grulf (enter): 19:48
Moving to room 'Tolmara'..
(15) TaliesinNYC (enter): 19:49
Server Administrator->


User Created Room



(22) Bethal (enter): 20:03
(22) MagnaZero: Hey!.
(22) MagnaZero: Remember me?>
(22) MagnaZero: I was the guy who showed intrest in this game...
(22) MagnaZero: *interest
(22) MagnaZero: .....
(22) MagnaZero: nice map...
(25) Vrondard (enter): 20:07
(22) MagnaZero: hey
(25) Vrondard: hey
(22) MagnaZero: you here for the game?
(25) Vrondard: yes
(22) MagnaZero: me too
(25) Vrondard: what is your chars name?
(25) Vrondard: taking a guess its not MagnaZero
(25) Vrondard: : )
(22) MagnaZero: Bethal :)
(22) MagnaZero: lvl 1/Elf/Cleric
(25) Vrondard: hmm
(25) Vrondard: starting from scratch
(22) MagnaZero: Im may change to makes Dwarf Barbarian from scratch though
(22) MagnaZero: *make
(22) MagnaZero: Dwarf Bersker in specific
(25) Vrondard: hmm thats my char
(25) Vrondard: cant have his slot!
(25) Vrondard: : )
(22) MagnaZero: damn!
(25) Vrondard: not really a beserker... but hes a dwarf fighter/barbarian
(22) MagnaZero: what position IS available?
(25) Vrondard: what is your email add
(25) Vrondard: checking the member area of this game
(22) MagnaZero: [email protected]
(25) Vrondard: or your yahoo ID
(28) Noname (enter): 20:12
(28) Noname: Live on your feet or die on your knees.
(28) Noname (exit): 20:12
(25) Vrondard: you sure this is your game?
(22) MagnaZero: Rhyno203
(25) Vrondard: dont have you signed up
(22) MagnaZero: No, i didnt sign up yet
(25) Vrondard: doesnt mean the end of the world
(25) Vrondard: ah
(25) Vrondard: why i dont see you
(22) MagnaZero: I was the guy who posted on the last page of the topic in the forum
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (25) Vrondard...
(15) TaliesinNYC: huh?
(15) TaliesinNYC: which forum?
(22) MagnaZero: OpenRPG...
(22) MagnaZero: Players&GM
(25) Vrondard: you put an ad up T?
(29) Kha (enter): 20:17
(15) TaliesinNYC: I have two ads for two games
(15) TaliesinNYC: don't know which one
(25) Vrondard: ah there it is
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (29) Kha...
(25) Vrondard: found it
(15) TaliesinNYC: what's his handle?
(25) Vrondard: wow you have 27 posts on the latest
(15) TaliesinNYC: yep, mostly because people don't know how to read
(25) Vrondard: and 785 peeps looked at it
(29) Kha (whispering): Oh when I got that dagger IDed did he say what its other bonus was against or just that it did even more damage against certain foes?
(25) Vrondard: enjoying the spanking you are putting on peeps
(25) Vrondard: i like the English teacher that cant read the best
(29) Kha: lol
whispering to Kha, second option
(15) TaliesinNYC: yep
(25) Vrondard: Magnazero is the last responder you were talking too and offered up the halforc
(25) Vrondard: to make things easier
(22) MagnaZero: yeah
(15) TaliesinNYC: ok
(15) TaliesinNYC: well two rules Magna
(25) Vrondard: which just got him eligible for the aformentioned spanking
(25) Vrondard: ::spanking commences without any delay::
(15) TaliesinNYC: first, you need to attend one or two sessions from beginning to end to see if you like the way I pace things and my DMing style
(15) TaliesinNYC: second, you need to be able to commit to the schedule
(15) TaliesinNYC: if you can't for whatever reason or if you don't like the way things run, then we won't be a good fit
(37) Azure (enter): 20:25
(25) Vrondard: and therefore need to surrender your first born male child before being accepted into the group
(25) Vrondard: : )
(22) MagnaZero: Im single actually.
(22) MagnaZero: No kids.
(25) Vrondard: any pets?
(37) Azure: (Is this game in progress..?)
(22) MagnaZero: Unless you want a dead hamster, then no.
(15) TaliesinNYC: third rule. IF you like the way the game runs AND you can make the game schedule, then I'll give you a URL to a site I run for my groups. you have a lot of reading ahead of you before you can make a character
(15) TaliesinNYC: no Azure, game hasn't begun yet
(25) Vrondard: (azure the answer at present is No)
(22) MagnaZero: Ok. I get the rules.
(25) Vrondard: (so feel free to type but also feel responsible for your actions
(29) Kha: I'll attest to that, and some of the info you need is hidden in places you wouldnt think :)
(37) Azure: Then is this going to be a one shot or a camp?
(15) TaliesinNYC: this is how I screen people. works best because 95% of the people on the boards are looking for something like Greyhawk or FR, which is fine for those people but not for me. =)
(25) Vrondard: (camp)
(15) TaliesinNYC: Azure: it's a campaign and only have room for one or two more people
(22) MagnaZero: If you want me to be honest, Greyhawk is too generic for me, the I never devoted any time to truly understand Forgotten Relams.
(15) TaliesinNYC: prepping for tonight's game so will be away from Open
(37) Azure: Disconnecting from server...
(37) Azure (exit): 20:28
(25) Vrondard: ok well i think you have been invited to watch and enjoy for tonite
(29) Kha: I have re orginized some of the documents that you put up on the site so that they are in a more orderly format and easyer to understand what infromation is contained where, for me at least. If you want me to send you those Stan I will
(15) TaliesinNYC: thanks
(15) TaliesinNYC: well heheh, I'd say this camp world is more detailed than FR, if you can believe that. but if you got this far, there's hope for you yet.
(22) MagnaZero: Thats good to know.
(15) TaliesinNYC: ok, ordering food so brb
(15) TaliesinNYC: if I seem slow to respond, it's because I'm on crutches so gimme some slack, k? =)
(15) TaliesinNYC: D, if you see G and L online, tell them we're on Open Dev 3
(25) Vrondard: should have told them your hand was broken
(15) TaliesinNYC: hah
(25) Vrondard: ok
(25) Vrondard: fenrystar
(25) Vrondard: alexpetro
(25) Vrondard: who i see
(25) Vrondard: i never know who is who in real life
(25) Vrondard: or who is fri / sat
(25) Vrondard: Magna... game usually starts on fridays 11 mins from now
(25) Vrondard: just so you have the time slot figured out
(15) TaliesinNYC: you mean 9:30
(15) TaliesinNYC: half an hour from now
(25) Vrondard: oh
(25) Vrondard: ha always thought it was on the hour
(15) TaliesinNYC: nope
(15) TaliesinNYC: if you have any questions, feel free to ask btw
(15) TaliesinNYC: I should let you know that a half orc PC isn't going to be a good idea but don't let that stop you heh
(25) Vrondard: its a great idea
(15) TaliesinNYC: hasn't stopped a player in my Saturday game from playing a PC with a 7 Intelligence
(25) Vrondard: ive been wanting to kill an orc for a few weeks now
(15) TaliesinNYC: lol
(25) Vrondard: luckily i hear there are some ogres nearby to satiate my blood desire
(25) Vrondard (whispering): alexpetro is sat... but what about fenrys?
whispering to Vrondard, Mike is Fenrys, and he's Saturday, but he hasn't been part of the Sat game since we moved to open
(25) Vrondard (whispering): ah...
(55) Git (enter): 21:12
(55) Git: hoi!
(22) Magnazero: hey
(25) Vrondard: hey
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (55) Git...
(56) Agatha (enter): 21:17
(56) Agatha (exit): 21:17
(56) Agatha (enter): 21:17
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (56) Agatha...
(15) TaliesinNYC: we'll start when
(15) TaliesinNYC: Sam gets here
(55) Git: hai hai
(56) Agatha: Gotcha
(55) Git: um.... does anyone know what it means when your computer starts making a whiny humming sound, kind of like a cricket on crack?
(56) Agatha: I think I told Stan before, but I probably won't be able to stay the whole session.
(15) TaliesinNYC: ok
(29) Kha: ya the ball berings on your fan are going bad
(55) Git: ah... those hard to change?
(29) Kha: the fan not unless it is your Power supply fan, then you will need to replace the whole power supply
(55) Git: ah.... might have to look into that then
(15) TaliesinNYC: Magna is a potential player
(55) Git: Nice to meetcha Magna
(22) Magnazero: sorry, I was gone
(22) Magnazero: Nice to meet you too.
(56) Agatha: Damn. I keep forgetting how to do group whisper.
(59) Deathscythe (enter): 21:31
(55) Git: right click on the name to the left, choose toggle whisper group to set who's in the group whisper. use whisper to group to.... well... whisper to group
(59) Deathscythe: Disconnecting from server...
(59) Deathscythe (exit): 21:32
(61) Sarrim (enter): 21:36
(61) Sarrim: (Sorry I'm late)
(29) Kha (whispering): I have a question, if I am activly holding a weave(circle of silence), I can still move around and fight and stuff correct?
(22) Magnazero: hey
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (61) Sarrim...
(15) TaliesinNYC: haven't started yet because we're waiting for you. =)
(61) Sarrim: Ah! I feel so loved, =)
whispering to Kha, yes
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(61) Sarrim: Anyway...Sorry I had to leave last week...I was falling asleep at the keyboard, hehe
(15) DM: So, does anyone need a recap or are we all set?
(61) Sarrim: I could use a slightly recap on the last part of last week, if that'd be okay
(25) Vrondard: Vrondard is fine... he's patient enough to wait for the action
(15) DM: sure. That last portion of the session was what takes place after the next competition at the Citadel.
(29) Kha: We are about to be throw into another virtual dungeon
(15) DM: It was the party's meeting with His Majesty, the King of Wylund, at a tavern somewhere in the Fendian Ward.
(61) Sarrim: Alright
(15) DM: King Ayyers outlined several problems plaguing the Kingdom and sought your aid as a company in the employ of the Crown.
(15) DM: You will be paid most handsomely by the Crown in exchange for your services. Training and the like is at your expense however. Several paths were presented, which may be undertaken whilst the celebrations are underway:
(15) DM: go after the snake cultists in the Heart Ward, or attempt to uncover information regarding Jenna. and of course there are events that are upcoming, such as the Royal Ball in two days time.
(15) DM: The Royal Ball is open to all adventuring companies in Tolmara, and also to the winners of the various competitions. Companies invited to the Ball are expected to swear an oath of fealty to the Crown.
(55) Git: (I thought the ball wasn't until the end of the festival?)
(15) DM: And there is the Grand Ball, at the end of the celebrations, wherein the engagement of the King will be announced. You can be sure that many hundreds of people will attend that event.
(15) DM: Tonight's session however, will focus on the Tournament of the Wooden Mouse.
(55) Git: (hai hai)
(15) DM: Oh, and XP was awarded to everyone last time, so you should all be 3rd level atm
(61) Sarrim: =D
(15) DM: in addition you all gain 1 social level, so you should all be social level 3 now.
(61) Sarrim: Cool
(55) Git: even morti? I thought he stated out at 1?
(55) Git: oh wait
(55) Git: wrong day
(56) Agatha: Think you got your wires crossed again.
(15) DM: to give you an idea of what this means, around the time you reach social level 5, the name of your company will have gained some renown in Wylund to the extent that songs of you will have begun to be sung by wandering minstrels.
** (55) Git splashes a cup of water in his own face **
(15) DM: (wrong game Git. =))
(55) Git: Ah refreshing.... I'm good now
(61) Sarrim: Interesting...
(15) DM: but not that well known, at least not yet.
(15) The Magister: So....ye have asked and ye have been answered. If ye desire, ye may make preparations before commencing the next trial.
** (61) Sarrim nods, examines his weapons and armor, making what reparations he can in such short time. **
(61) Sarrim: "Do we have a plan on how to go into this?"
(25) Vrondard: "I've been more than ready all this while... what else be we needin?"
(15) The Magister: Alicius will lead ye to a rest chamber. A warning: although not much magicka will challenge ye in this trial, what spells there are will be most potent against the likes of ye. Consider this and plan accordingly.
(29) Kha: "We stick together and sneek though the place untill we reach the top"
(61) Sarrim: "My faith is all the shield I require. I thank you for your concern, however, Magister."
(61) Sarrim: "Hmm..."
** (61) Sarrim frowns at his Breastplate. **
** (55) Git cocks his head at the notion of spells geared toward them **
(61) Sarrim: "It shouldn't be too loud...But I'm not accustomed to skulking about like a thief."
** (29) Kha shugs and turns towrd Alicius, waiting to start **
(55) Git: (did sam get his question?)
(56) Agatha: "Well, there's always the direct approach."
(61) Sarrim: (Aye, I asked if where and how the mouse was hidden)
** (61) Sarrim grins at Agatha. "That there is." **
(55) Git: (ah)
(55) Git: :to magister: "Well. I guess we're ready when you are"
** (61) Sarrim bows to the magister, and nods. **
(15) Alicius Krendath: Very well, if ye are ready, then may the trial commence!
(29) Kha: ((Is the map blinking for anyone else?))
** (56) Agatha grins and claps her hands together. "Aye, let's have at this game." **
(55) Git: (yes it is)
(15) DM: At Alicius' words, the audience chamber disappears and you stand in front of a rather tall stone wall.
** (55) Git steps back to take int the wall and the setting surrounding it **
(15) Voice: Your first challenge is to gain entrance to the grounds of Motrok's mansion. Motrok is the founder of the Silent Network, a legendary rogue in his own right and the lord of the dead master thieves who stand watch over the city. The manse is well guarded both inside and outside. The real challenge will begin once you gain entry inside the manse. Remember that once all of ye have been slain, the trial will have been considered a failure. Once ye have died, ye shall reappear in the audience chamber and be able to observe your friends' progress.
(29) Kha (whispering): I am going to use Wand of Fire on my dagger and tie it off, it should last 12 hours then
(61) Sarrim: "Obviously, one would think the best way in would be to climb."
(55) Git (whispering): Do I know anything about Motrok and/or his abode?
(15) Voice: Your goals are twofold with respect to this trial: find and recover an item known as a figurine of stealth, which takes the form of a wooden mouse. The second goal is to acquire as many items of power as possible, which have been hidden throughout the manse. A spell of detection will be invaluable in your efforts.
whispering to Kha, ok
** (61) Sarrim fingers his amulet. **
(55) Git: :mumbles about the detection spell: "Be great if we have one"
** (29) Kha looks around and studies the stone wall to determin how hard it will be to scale **
(61) Sarrim: (Is the amulet of searching still there?)
whispering to Git, yes, the real Motrok is long dead and his abode is somewhere in northern Wylund. This is probably a mockup.
whispering to Sarrim, yes
(61) Sarrim (whispering): =D
(61) Sarrim: "I vote for not climbing."
(68) Vrondard (enter): 22:04
(61) Sarrim: "We'll be easily seen, and it's likely trapped, if this is the home of a great thief."
(56) Agatha: (I don't know about the amulet, but my elvish ring is.)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (68) Vrondard...
(56) Agatha: (secret doors, watch out!)
** (55) Git begins looking around for a door, if one is not obvious he searches for a hidden door (search check) **
(15) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(25) Vrondard' from room...
(25) Vrondard (exit): 22:04
(61) Sarrim: "There's like to be secret entrance near here, either for an expedious escape, or to get in without being seen."
** (61) Sarrim joins Git in his searching. **
(61) Sarrim (whispering): [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25)
(55) Git: (oh yeah, elvish ring. put that to some use)
(29) Kha (whispering): if the map if blinking for everyone you need to create a new room for it to stop. It is a known bug on the 1.6.1 servers
(68) Vrondard: "hmmm wont be easy to access, ifn I was in charge o' payin fer it"
** (56) Agatha keeps an eye out for enemies, walking up and down along the wall. **
 (68) Vrondard: "but worth a try"
(68) Vrondard: "better than knockin on the front door and askin to come in and see their plumbin"
(15) DM: The mysterious voice fades away.
(61) Sarrim: "You don't suppose, that after we acquire the mouse, we'll have to escape with it as well, do you?
(15) DM: The stone wall is about fifteen feet high and is covered with a slippery looking green moss.
(61) Sarrim: "
(61) Sarrim: "That stuff'll slow us down. And it could possibly be toxic...I wouldn't want to touch that stuff."
(15) DM: To your right, the wall angles to the NE for about 30' before it bends north out of sight, To your left, it continues for about 90' before coming to a 5' outcropping piereced by small windows.
(56) Agatha: "Well, if it's anything like the last trial, we should be safe once we get the mouse."
(55) Git: "Yeah. just have to reach the mouse first"
(61) Sarrim: "Perhaps, perhaps. Have you found anything?"
(29) Kha: "We could try and climb though the windows into the guards room"
(29) Kha: "Dont know if the windows are large enough to climb though though"
(61) Sarrim: "A definite possibility Kha, but I trust those windows less even than the wall. Reinforced, no doubt, and I would suspect traps or such on them as well."
(55) Git: "Yeah, but it's a little too obvious access. makes me nervuos"
whispering to Git, The outcropping is the main gate. You perform a reconnaissance of the wall, and find a secret door in the middle of the northern area.
(68) Vrondard: "well what then"
(55) Git (whispering): the windows in the outcropping archer slits?
(56) Agatha: "So what do you think then Git. A secret door or something?"
(29) Kha: "Well you see any way though here, we can go look further noth if not"
whispering to Git, also there is an area, on the eastern side of the grounds that seems to be covered in vines and twigs that might enable people to climb over the wall.
whispering to Git, yes
(61) Sarrim: "I'm banking on that Agatha. A thief would want a safe escape, if trouble came a' knocking at his door. That, and unsavory characters wouldn't want to be seen entering through an open gate in the street.
(61) Sarrim: "
(55) Git: "Yeah." :stopping on a hidden door: "FOund something" (if it doesn't open already, check for traps before triggering the door"
(61) Sarrim: "Nice work Git."
(68) Vrondard: "there we go.."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [10,9] = (19)
whispering to Git, yes, poison needle trap
(55) Git: "Why they gotta be so paranoid?" :mumbles as he takes out his tools and works to disable the trap:
(61) Sarrim: "Here...Take this Git...It'll probably be of more use for you, than me." (Hands him his amulet)
(56) Agatha: "Good job, lad. Just a couple dozen more of these and we'll drinking at a pub in no time."
(29) Kha (whispering): Enacting Circle of Silence and going to keep it running full time it has a 25ft raidus or will conform to what ever room we are in it will not pass walls unless I want it to
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [11,9] = (20)
whispering to Git, success
** (55) Git glances up to Sam and the amulet, "Whazzat?" **
whispering to Kha, ok
(55) Git: :gives a proud chortle and opens the door before packing up his gear:
(61) Sarrim: "It's something the magickers gave me back at the first trial. Ever since I wore it, I could pick things out a lot easier...Somehow like my vision was sharper."
(55) Git: "You got to keep yours? they took away my nifty headband"
(68) Vrondard: "well lets gett a move on here"
(68) Vrondard: "I gots some ogres to kill"
(29) Kha: "My potion vanished too"
** (61) Sarrim shrugs. "Perhaps its use was less here. But it'll serve you better than I, no doubt." **
(29) Kha: "I agree with Vrondard, lets get a move on"
(61) Sarrim: "In this pit of death, the Gods know we'll need a sharp eye to make it through this."
** (61) Sarrim nods. **
(15) DM: As if on cue, the amulet vanishes.
(61) Sarrim: "Sunuva..."
(55) Git: "Hmph. You just keep given me stuff." :offers a sly grin to the Paladin: "You know I'll have to pay you ba-"
(55) Git: :"Oh.... well, I still owe you for the vest" :suddenly shecks to make sure it's still there:
(61) Sarrim: "Maybe I just shouldn't have mentioned it...Maybe those mages had forgotten about it or something." *Grins, and shrugs*
(29) Kha: "Guess his had a delayed reaction, or he should have kept it for himself"
(55) Git: "Right. Shall we move on now?"
(61) Sarrim: "Is the trap out of the way?"
whispering to Git, still there...for the time being. =P
** (61) Sarrim nods. **
(15) DM: The door swings open noiselessly
(55) Git (whispering):
(68) Vrondard: "want me to go first?"
** (61) Sarrim takes his bullseye lantern from his sack. "This'll work well. I can shutter it easily, if patrols come by. **
(68) Vrondard: "I can see better than you all anyway"
(29) Kha: "Gid should take the lead to see if he can find more traps"
(29) Kha: ((Err Git))
(55) Git: "Fine. keep it closed for now"
** (55) Git heads in first, offering Vronard. "Feel free to tag along in front though." **
(15) DM: The door opens to reveal a silvery pond surrounded by broad trees on three sides. The night air is full of crickets and cicadas. It seems peaceful....too peaceful.
(55) Git: (we in the courtyard?)
** (29) Kha whispers something to Git **
(61) Sarrim (whispering): Disbelieve [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
(68) Vrondard: "sure"
(61) Sarrim (whispering): Argh!
whispering to Sarrim, still there of course. =P
** (55) Git carefully takes in the surroundings (spot listen checks at your discretion) **
(15) DM: (no, in the rear of the grounds, it seems)
(56) Agatha: (will save, disbelief)
(56) Agatha: [1d20+8] -> [16,8] = (24)
(61) Sarrim (whispering): Well, can't hurt...I had a friend DM once, and one of the characters got such a high disbelieve roll my friend celebrated the occasion by making a rather threatening, REAL monster disappear, =)
(15) DM: A twig cracks, as a pair of hulking figures moves into your field of vision....but they haven't spotted you...yet.
** (61) Sarrim crouches low, slowly and quietly, and dips into his pouch for his sling. **
** (55) Git drops back toward the wall into shadows, if they're available or back to the door, while eyeing the interlopers **
(15) DM: By the looks of them, they're humans, garbed in leather armor and armed with bastard swords. One of them unsheathes his blade and twirls it around, looking around for signs of life, seemingly bored.
(61) Sarrim (whispering): Hide, [1d20+1] -> [14,1] = (15)
whispering to Sarrim, ok
** (56) Agatha drops to the ground and looks to Sarrim questioningly. **
(83) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 22:26
(55) Git (whispering): hide check btw
** (61) Sarrim makes a slight motion toward the two guards. **
(15) Garn: I thought I heard sumthin.
** (68) Vrondard freezes until he thinks he needs to attack **
(15) Ugruff: Yer stomach, prolly.
(55) Git: (how far away are they? is there a way to sneak around to them?)
(83) Kha (whispering): Sorry comp locked up
(15) Garn: Eh, yer prolly right, Uggie. (sniffs)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (83) Kha...
(15) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(29) Kha' from room...
(29) Kha (exit): 22:28
(15) DM: (30'. if you make a hide check, and hug the wall, sure)
** (83) Kha holds his dagger at the ready, but seems to be consentrating on something else **
(15) Garn: Motrok tol' us to expect a guest tonight. 'E's not comin' here this-a-way.
(61) Sarrim (whispering): Does it look like the man is sniffing the air, or just sniffing like he has a cold?
whispering to Sarrim, air
(55) Git: :whispers: "I think we can ambush them. if we catch their attention subtly"
(61) Sarrim (whispering): I'd like to attempt a disbelieve on the humans. [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
whispering to Sarrim, ok, real
(61) Sarrim (whispering): Damn, not ogres, =)
whispering to Sarrim, nope
(61) Sarrim (whispering): I am getting paranoid
(83) Kha: "Let then just see one of us, so they both get close and we can kill them with out others hearing"
(15) Garn: Thought I smelled dwarf though. Dwarf spirits.
(68) Vrondard: "well then let it be me or Kha... someone who can take it"
** (61) Sarrim taps Git, points to his sling, then at the pond. **
** (15) Garn shrugs and turns back towards his companion. **
(55) Git: ""No, not see us. they might call for back up." :looks around for other guards on the walls: "Make a light sound. I'm gonna get a better attack position though"
** (55) Git glances back to Sam. "No. better they come to us than out in the open to the pond" **
** (61) Sarrim nods. **
(55) Git: "agreed?"
** (56) Agatha frowns just a little, but nods. **
(61) Sarrim: (Very quietly) "I dare not move if possible. I don't trust this armor of mine."
(61) Sarrim: (Afk for just a min or two...NPC me in case of combat, if that's alright)
(55) Git: "Don't worry about the armor" :winks to kha: "It's covered. Make a noise once I get in position"
** (55) Git begins to sneak along the wall to a better position to get behind the guards or sneak attack if one stays behind.. **
(83) Kha: "You are going to have to move away from me if you want to make noise and get their attention, I am protection use from detection by not allowing the sound to pass more then a a cupple of feet past us"
** (68) Vrondard waits a bit and then tosses a rock into some nearby shrubs (whether this is far enough... he doesnt know) **
** (56) Agatha looks curiously at Kha. **
(15) DM: rough map sketch. the green areas are trees. load your minis if you want.
(55) Git: :whispers to Kha before too far: "Then step back for a moment"
(83) Kha: ((How many feet are each Square?))
(15) DM: (David, that's a pond btw. And I know how Vron loves water)
(15) DM: (5')
(15) Garn: I knew I heard something! (moves in the direction of the rock)
(55) Git: (uhoh.. think I failed my hide check)
(61) Sarrim: (Back)
(15) DM: You can make them out clearly, although they're peering and squinting in your direction. (initiative if you wish)
(83) Kha: INIT: [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
(55) Git: [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19)
(15) TaliesinNYC: [1d20] -> [14] = (14)
(61) Sarrim: Sarrim ::[1d20+0+0] -> [19,0,0] = (19) Initiative
(68) Vrondard: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [11,2] = (13)
(56) Agatha: [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
(61) Sarrim: (Roll again Git?)
(55) Git: (eh?)
(15) DM: (19, Git, then Sarrim)
(61) Sarrim: (Alright, =) )
(55) Git: (what are the guars doing?)
(55) Git: *guards even
(15) DM: (moving around, searching the bushes)
(61) Sarrim: (The guars, no doubt, are eating grass, and doing things that come to guars naturally)
(55) Git: ( 0.o away from us?)
(15) DM: In your vicinity, they haven't spotted you yet.
(61) Sarrim: In range of the silence?
(15) Garn: (turns in Git's direction) Ah ha!
(83) Kha: ((They are 5ft outside of our protection))
(61) Sarrim: (Ah)
(15) DM: (So, is Git doing anything?)
** (55) Git grips he dagger ready, concealed behind his thigh **
(55) Git: (if they've spotted me, I'll roll away and try to lead them into the silence zone)
(15) DM: (19, Sarrim)
(15) DM: (they have and do so)
(61) Sarrim: So they're in the silence zone then?
(15) DM: (yes)
(61) Sarrim: Alright, can I rush and grapple one of them?
(15) DM: Sure.
(15) DM: roll
(61) Sarrim: Excellent then.
(61) Sarrim: [1d20+3+3+2] -> [14,3,3,2] = (22)
(61) Sarrim: (3 Base attack, 3 strength, 3 for bull rush)
(61) Sarrim: (Erm, 2)
(55) Git: (and you're attacking...?)
(61) Sarrim: (Ugruff, it seems)
(15) DM: (hit)
(61) Sarrim: (Alright, lemme grab my book real quick)
(61) Sarrim: (Can I try a special case? Try and pin him, but roll into the other guy and knock him off balance while doing so?)
(68) Vrondard: (str + bab + size)
(68) Vrondard: (so you have grabbed him to get a hold.. now you have to actually get a grapple going on)
(61) Sarrim: (Ahh)
(61) Sarrim: [1d20+3+3] -> [17,3,3] = (23)
(68) Vrondard: same thing from opponent -stan
(55) Git: (the first hit gets a grapple. wouldn't that be a second action?)
(61) Sarrim: (No, I see it now. It's in the rules. First the hit, then there's an opposed check to see who's doing the grapple)
(68) Vrondard: (no)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2+1] -> [5,2,1] = (8)
(68) Vrondard: ((think of it as some little kid grabbing you and trying to put you in a head lock))
(83) Kha: ((Not for a grapple you make a touch attack to see if you can grab him first, then you actualy do the opposed graple rolls))
(15) DM: (Sarrim succeeds)
(68) Vrondard: ((may touch you but might not get the headlock))
(61) Sarrim: Alright, so, I'm trying to pin this guy, but while getting to the ground, hurl myself and him into the other guy, and therefore knock him off balance. Is that possible?
(15) DM: (Sarrim gets the headlock)
(15) DM: (Dex or Balance check)
(61) Sarrim: (Eww)
(61) Sarrim: [1d20+1] -> [9,1] = (10)
(61) Sarrim: (Well, that'll get me nowhere. Just a pin then?)
(15) DM: (nope, but you try your mightiest.)
(61) Sarrim: (Hehe)
(15) DM: (yes)
(68) Vrondard: ((you get to try your next grapple action next turn))
(61) Sarrim: (Alright)
(15) DM: (15, Vron)
** (68) Vrondard has been hunched down, axe in hand and ready to strike... he moves to do so.. getting behind both guards and then sinking his axe behind Garns knee **
(83) Kha: ((AFK cat just brought a half dead rat into the house, if I aint back for my turn all I am gona do is move up closer))
(68) Vrondard: (dodge on Garn)
(68) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (rage/charge/flank):
Vrondard attacks with his Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+3+3+1+1+2] -> [19,3,3,1,1,2] = (29) Critical on Natural 20
(61) Sarrim: (Wow)
(15) DM: (I'd say that's a hit)
(68) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+3] -> [10,3] = (13) damage
(15) DM: (see if crit tho)
(61) Sarrim: (This is going to give new meaning to the word, "Dwarven Spirits")
(68) Vrondard: not a threat...
(61) Sarrim: (Only on a 20)
(68) Vrondard: (done)
(15) DM: Um, Vron decapitates the hapless human and sends his head flying into the silvery pond which is now awash with blood.
(61) Sarrim: (I'd consider that quite that attack, eh Vrond?)
(61) Sarrim: (LOL)
(15) DM: Ugruff goes berserk.
(68) Vrondard: "wow.. not very tough are they"
(61) Sarrim: (Ick...I'm grappling a barbarian)
(55) Git: (too bad... it was such a peaceful scene too)
(15) Ugruff: The War Father will claim your heart, little pigeon!!!
(56) Agatha: "Well that's gonna be a bit of a tell."
(61) Sarrim: "Knock him out!"
(61) Sarrim: (This must be quite a sight...Trying to hold down a raging barbarian, hehe)
(55) Git: :glanceing to Sam and his angry burden: "Uh... someone wanna give him a hand?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [5,6] = (11)
(83) Kha: ((Stupid ass cat let the rat run under my refrigerator))
** (15) Ugruff stands up quickly and seizes Sarrim, attempting to throw him at Vron **
(61) Sarrim: (That's not cool)
(61) Sarrim: (Grapple check?)
(15) DM: (attempts to, in any event)
(15) DM: (yes)
(61) Sarrim: (Alright)
(61) Sarrim: [1d20+3+3] -> [4,3,3] = (10)
(61) Sarrim: (Shit)
(61) Sarrim: (I'd say I'm going to be airborne in a few seconds)
(55) Git: (maybe he rolled a 1...?)
(61) Sarrim: (Maybe! I can hope!)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4+3+3] -> [11,4,3,3] = (21)
(15) DM: (Not likely. AC 21)
(86) Xeriar (enter): 23:02
(61) Sarrim: (Well, hell in a handbasket. So the pin's broken. Does he throw me though?)
(86) Xeriar (exit): 23:02
(68) Vrondard: ((there was never a pin... you were just wrestling))
(15) DM: Raging incoherently now, Ugruff picks up Sarrim by the scruff of the neck and tosses him at Vrondard like a rag doll, then prepares to unsheath his sword.
(15) DM: (7, Agatha, then Kha)
(61) Sarrim: (You're right...Hmm...I did do [1d3] -> [1] = (1) subdual damage to him though.)
(56) Agatha: "That silence trick of yours still working, lad?"
(55) Git: (good for you)
(61) Sarrim: (4 subdual damage! =D )
(83) Kha: "Yup"
whispering to Sarrim, Reflex
(56) Agatha: "Good."
(55) Git: (is this goon wearing a helmet?)
(61) Sarrim (whispering): [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20)
(15) DM: (no)
** (56) Agatha runs towards the guard, ax bared. **
(15) DM: Sarrim lands next to Vron instead of on top of him.
(89) Cethlyn (enter): 23:05
(61) Sarrim: (Tada!)
(56) Agatha: [1d20+7] -> [10,7] = (17)
** (61) Sarrim grunts as he hits the ground. **
(15) DM: (hit)
(56) Agatha: [1d12+6] -> [12,6] = (18)
(61) Sarrim: (Good god)
(55) Git: (I never wanna be on Big Momma Aggy's shit list)
(61) Sarrim: (I second that)
(15) DM: (severely wounded)
(15) DM: (19, Sarrim, then Git)
(61) Sarrim: (He's alive! Holy crap!)
** (83) Kha moves up closer to the fight and waits for an oppening **
(56) Agatha: (Wait. what about Kha?)
(61) Sarrim: (Yah, I think he's up)
(15) DM: (ok)
(83) Kha: ((I am just moving up closer))
(61) Sarrim: (Alright then)
(55) Git: (don't he have to keep concentration on the silence?)
(15) DM: (It doesn't look like you can flank him though)
(89) Cethlyn (exit): 23:08
** (61) Sarrim tries to bean the man with the flat of his blade. **
(61) Sarrim: [1d20+6-4] -> [19,6,-4] = (21)
** (56) Agatha is surprised at the guard's tenacity, then grins. **
(15) DM: (of course)
(61) Sarrim: [1d6+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
(61) Sarrim: (6 subdual)
(15) DM: (severely wounded)
(15) DM: (19, Git)
(61) Sarrim: "Don't kill him! Just knock him out!"
** (55) Git moves in to flank with sam, if that's possible. pulling the sap from his pouch and rushing in for a bean to the oaf's head **
(55) Git: Sap(sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+2] -> [12,2] = (14)===> DMG: [1d6+2d6+0] -> [4,6,2,0] = (12)
(55) Git: (ignore flank +2 and sneak damage if I can't get it)
(15) DM: (not flankable)
(15) DM: (hit)
(55) Git: [1d4] -> [3] = (3)
** (56) Agatha gestures towards the pool. "I don't think discretion is going to do us much good," **
(55) Git: ((3 subdual then)
(15) DM: (severely wounded)
(61) Sarrim: (This guy is a tank!)
(15) DM: (15, Vrondard)
** (68) Vrondard swipes his leg also **
(56) Agatha: "Not with a bloody pool of...blood to tell the guards what's up."
(68) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+3+3+1+1] -> [3,3,3,1,1] = (11) Critical on Natural 20
(55) Git: (wow, with all the damage this boy took and our subdual still hasn't beaten out his hp! Damn!)
(61) Sarrim: "True, though with luck the blood will settle by the time a patrol happens by."
(15) DM: (miss)
whispering to Magnazero, he'd be dead by now if it weren't for the rage heheh
(83) Kha: "Just kill him I say a raging barbarian is not going to answer questions"
(15) DM: (13, Ugruff)
(55) Git: "I rather agree with kha on that"
(61) Sarrim: "All bloodlust is lost in the lands of sleep. Give it up, man! You have no chance!"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4+3+1] -> [7,4,3,1] = (15)
(61) Sarrim: (The second part was aimed toward Ugruff)
** (15) Ugruff unsheathes his sword, whirls it over his head and charges at Agatha, seeking to impale his sword in her heart (AC 17) **
(56) Agatha: (miss. good thing I upgraded my armor.)
(61) Sarrim: (Indeed)
(15) DM: (7, Kha, then Agatha)
(55) Git (whispering): I was going to bluff for a feint a attack to get a sneak next, should there be a next. You rolling the bluffs?
whispering to Git, yes
(61) Sarrim: (Wait...Can you get criticals with a subdual attack?)
whispering to Git, I mean no, sorry
(55) Git (whispering): oro?
** (83) Kha slips to the far side of Ungruff and tries to stick him with my dagger **
(15) DM: roll Git
(68) Vrondard (whispering): yes
(55) Git: (you should)
(83) Kha: Long Tooth Dagger(Wand of Fire) Attack Roll: [1d20+7] -> [17,7] = (24)===> DMG: [1d6+1+1d8+2+4] -> [1,1,7,2,4] = (15)
(15) DM: Yes, of course, S.
(55) Git: is it my turn?
(15) DM: (no, G)
(61) Sarrim: (I need to roll a critical threat then, I got a 19 above... [1d20+6-4] -> [12,6,-4] = (14)
(61) Sarrim: )
(55) Git: ( :shrug: )
(15) DM: (critically wounded)
(15) DM: (7, Agatha)
(61) Sarrim: (If that's a hit, it was 12 subdual damage, =)
(15) DM: oh well then, he's unconscious
** (61) Sarrim pants heavily. "You...*Huff*...Are...*Puff*...One...*Huff*...Tough sunuvabitch" **
(55) Git: :seeing the mad man finally fall, offers a bow: "Well. I'm impressed"
** (61) Sarrim digs out his rope and binds the man. **
** (55) Git then glances up to sam, "So, why'd you want him alive?" **
(56) Agatha: "Aye. I hope they aren't all this stubborn."
(83) Kha: "Now you plan on waking him and asking him questions?"
(61) Sarrim: "He's a guard. He'd know how to bypass traps, as well as the safest way in."
** (83) Kha shakes his head and cuts the mans neck to finish him off **
(83) Kha: ((Coup de Gra))
(55) Git: "This is also a timed trial. So we'd have to wait for him to wake up on the off chance that this ranting lunatic was given such priviledge information"
(15) DM: (yep)
(83) Kha: "Lets just go, I dont want to wast hours waiting for him to wake up so we can ask him questions"
(68) Vrondard: "oh... " he laughs
** (56) Agatha grabs the guard's sheath and sword and throws it into the pond. **
** (61) Sarrim glares at Kha. "I could have woken him with some healing, and then knocked him out again. You didn't need to kill the man in cold blood." **
(55) Git: (NO SPLASHING!!)
(15) DM: Once you finish with the initial combat, you see that you're at the rear of the manse.
(83) Kha: "Save your healing for friends not enimies"
(68) Vrondard: "not exactly with the same plans.. but yer aint to orginized anyhow"
(68) Vrondard: "well it aint really a real man nohow"
(55) Git: "He is partially right though Kha. Don't take such actions so quickly. Others may object."
** (61) Sarrim gets up without a word, and sheathes his sword, before storming off toward the rear entrance. **
(68) Vrondard: "so we gettin in this house now?"
(56) Agatha: "Well, no use arguing now. Let's go. After you, master rogue.
(68) Vrondard: "the mouse is in the house..." he laughs at his rhyme
** (83) Kha turns tword the house **
** (55) Git grabs sam before he gets too far, looking around for any signs of guards and routes toward other entrances **
** (61) Sarrim nearly loses his balance when Git grabs him, glares at Git...Then sighs, and nods. "Sorry..." **
(55) Git: :whispers: "HIde the bodies in the shadow of the wall first, then we'll head in"
(83) Kha: "You already said he should be killed, I am sure Vrond would agree and I think Agatha would as well, if this were not a timed trial I may have enertained the idea of questioning him but it is timed and he was not real"
(83) Kha: ((Thats to Git))
(55) Git: :as he begins toward the manse: "True, but it's also an interview, remember?" :points to the sky as if denoting a god, though refering truly to the Magister:
** (56) Agatha drags the body to a dark corner. **
** (68) Vrondard helps Aggie **
** (83) Kha shrugs **
(61) Sarrim: "Damnit all!"

(61) Sarrim: "Perhaps we should search around for another hidden entrance. The guards had to have known a way to bypass the traps. Perhaps another secret door is such a means."
(83) Kha: ((It happens when ever you use the hide all and clear fog commands, so try not to use the clear fog command and we should be fine))
(15) DM: (ok, I usually don;t)
(15) DM: (someone should get D and Magna)
(100) Vrondard (enter): 23:33
(61) Sarrim: "That, or they may have keys. Were there any of their bodies?"
(55) Git: (the manse: how many visible rear entrances? are their windows low enough to enter? are their lit rooms?)
(100) Vrondard: "hmmm let me look"
** (100) Vrondard goes back and searches for keys **
(55) Git: "Feel free to check. Though I doubt they'd give keys out to every patrolman"
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (100) Vrondard...
(61) Sarrim: "True, but that one guy is a beast of a guard. He might've gotten high up."
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(55) Git: "Or he might be hired muscle"
(61) Sarrim: "True."
(15) DM: The two unfogged doors are front doors to the manse.
(15) DM: One is clearly a main entryway, and the other is another entryway.
(83) Kha: ((And we are at the back?))
** (61) Sarrim takes a close look at the stonework of the manse. Search, [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17) **
(55) Git: (thought we were at the rear... nm)
(15) DM: (I assume that Git did a reconnaissance of the place)
(55) Git: (I was going to, but then we had to move)
(15) DM: (so, I fast forwarded a bit. the two doors are what you managed to see. also you managed to avoid being detected)
(61) Sarrim: (Sweet Chicken!)
** (55) Git moves ahead to check out the perimeter of the manse (hide/ move silent, unless kh follows) **
(100) Vrondard: "well you want me to chop this door down?"
(55) Git: (ok)
(61) Sarrim: (Did I discover anything along the way through my search efforts?
(55) Git: :whisper: "No! No chopping!"
(83) Kha: "I say we use the smaller entrance"
(61) Sarrim: "We could...It would be the obvious choice, however, So..."
(83) Kha: "Dont have to whisper remember, I can make it so choping is silent too......... I think
** (55) Git gives a listen to the door before searching the door for traps and unlocking if necessary (checks please) **
(61) Sarrim: (I love freezing these yogurt cups. Tastes awesome)
(83) Kha: ((Arnt we still around back discussing what we are going to do after Git did his recon?))
(15) DM: (hold on)
(15) DM: (which door?)
whispering to Sarrim, what were you looking for?
(55) Git: (oops, thought it was a double door)
whispering to Git, west wing or main entrance?
(61) Sarrim (whispering): Searching along the walls for hidden entrances and whatnot
(55) Git: (west wing)
whispering to Sarrim, no hidden entrances
(61) Sarrim (whispering): k
(15) DM: (good because the main entrance is guarded by a pair of guards)
(15) DM: You stand in front of a large polished oak door decorated with intricately carved designs. Behind you, to your left and right, stretch long flower beds of multi-colored roses. Between the flower beds is a paved area of earth-colored bricks. In front of the door, a 5' x 3' mat proclaims "WELCOME".
(55) Git: (never go in the front door unless you're real familiar with the place or real suicidal)
(61) Sarrim: "Couldn't hurt to check the mat and beds."
whispering to Git, the mat is trapped
** (83) Kha arches his eye brow **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [11,9] = (20)
whispering to Git, the door is not
(55) Git (whispering): can I tell if opening door will set off the welcome mat, of not, we can just step over it)
(83) Kha: "Welcome, on an un guarded door, Git you check the mat for traps?"
whispering to Git, you're unsure but the mat is definitely trapped
(55) Git (whispering): I at least now what kind of trap, right?
(61) Sarrim: "I think the Mat may be the trap itself...A trapdoor, perhaps?"
** (56) Agatha looks around suspiciously. "Somehow, I don't feel very welcome." **
(22) Magnazero (enter): 23:46
(55) Git: :warns sharply: "Very good Sam. It is trapped. Stay off it." :slyly to the paladin: "Sure you don't got a bit of thief in ya?"
(83) Kha: "A thiefs welcome is never very welcomeing"
(61) Sarrim: "I...Uhh..." *Is unable to respond to the compliment that offends his character.* ( =) )
(55) Git (whispering): I'll stay off of the mat and unlock the door, if it already isn't open
** (83) Kha keeps his dagger at the ready and a look out all around for any patroling guards **
(100) Vrondard: "well... what now... there are Ogres in there I wanna beat up on"
** (55) Git spaces his feet around the mat, careful not to step on it as he tries to get the door open **
** (61) Sarrim takes a quick look at the flower beds, looking for plants that have been disturbed recently, or if failing that, plants that don't face the sun. **
(61) Sarrim: (Spot or Search, or what?)
(61) Sarrim: (Mmm...Me love Frozen Yogurt)
whispering to Git, opens fairly easily
whispering to Sarrim, either is fine
** (56) Agatha keeps an ear out for any patrols. (listen check) **
(15) DM: The door opens easily.
(55) Git: :carefully slides the door open and warns once more: "Don't steop on the mat"
(56) Agatha: [1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23)
(61) Sarrim (whispering): Alright, Spot then, [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11)
(55) Git: :enters the room cautiously:
(61) Sarrim: (Wow...Bleh)
(61) Sarrim: (Ooops)
whispering to Agatha, nothing special apart from what's already been noted
** (61) Sarrim reels as a bug hits him in the eye while he examines the plants. **
** (56) Agatha tip-toes around the mat and follows Git. **
(108) Xeriar (enter): 23:52
** (61) Sarrim grumbles quietly, and follows, avoiding the mat, of course. **
(108) Xeriar (exit): 23:53
** (83) Kha follows Agatha **
** (100) Vrondard hops over the mat **
(109) Xeriar (enter): 23:54
** (55) Git gives a quick perusal of the new room, checking for light under the doors in the room and listening(check?) for any guards **
(109) Xeriar (exit): 23:54
(1174) Sarrim: Aye, high pitched voices, Git was looking through the keyhole
(1177) Git: :I was gonna peek through the keyhole or under the door with a mirror
(1177) Git (whispering): and nothing with the straw target, right?
** (1178) Vrondard guards Git... **
whispering to Git, right
whispering to Git, you see....something that looks like a large sphere with a bunch of tentacles and eyestalks on top.....floating in the middle of the room above a fire pit.
whispering to Git, that's through the keyhole
(1176) Kha: "We are looking for stairs, so if there arnt stairs in that room lets leave them"
(1177) Git (whispering): any doors or chests or such visible?
(1177) Git: "Ewwww....": glances back to his comrades: "Beholder"
(1174) Sarrim: "...Lets keep moving..."
(1174) Sarrim: "Quietly"
whispering to Git, you think you see a footlocker...
(1176) Kha: "Sounds good"
(1177) Git: "Probably guarding something though...."
(1174) Sarrim: "Like the gelatinous cube?"
(1174) Sarrim: "I think it's just another trap for the unwary."
(1178) Vrondard: "yep plenty around here"
** (1177) Git gives a shrug. "Alright. you're call." **
(1174) Sarrim: "We can come back if we get stuck. Were there any doors in that archery room?
(1174) Sarrim: "
(1177) Git: :heads up to check through the keyholes and listen to the other two doors; eastern then southern
(1177) Git: "Nope"
(1174) Sarrim: "Alright."
** (1174) Sarrim follows Git. **
(1179) Terrathan (enter): 01:42
whispering to Git, lights underneath southern door 1 (which is the door around the corner)
whispering to Git, southern door 2 is the door in the middle of the south wall
whispering to Git, lights under neath southern door 2
(1178) Vrondard:
"well we are going to get to whack something soon... find where those ogres are..."
(1178) Vrondard:
"i think they are guarding this mouse"
whispering to Git, as for keyholes, southern door 1 contains beds and strongboxes
(1174) Sarrim:
"Anything in the other doors?"
whispering to Git, southern door 2 contains a kitchen
whispering to Git, eastern door contains boxes and tables
(1177) Git:
"sure. not sure if it's anything important though. don't see any nasties though. that's good"
** (1177) Git heads to open southern door 1 **
whispering to Git, open and unlocked
(1176) Kha:
((AFK Smoke break I will just stay close to the group and make sure they stay silent))
** (1174) Sarrim nods, and looks warily about the hallway. **
** (1177) Git moves in to search the room, calling back to the others, the other two rooms seem safe, might as well give em a quick check. kitchen's over there if your hungry." :points to southern door 2: **
(1172) DM:
Eight low beds, each with a strong box beside it, are the only furniture in this room. The beds are neatly made and have not been recently slept in. From beneath the door on the east wall shines a beam of light. The strongboxes are made of wood and are locked.
** (1178) Vrondard considers his hungry level... and decides its not worth it yet **
(1178) Vrondard:
"nah not hungry yet"
** (1177) Git starts opening strong boxes(given checks) **
whispering to Git, locked, each of them
(1177) Git:
"tell ya what vronard. if Kha's spell is keeping it quiet, feel free to start busting these boxes open"
(1177) Git (whispering): open lock checks...
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [18,9] = (27)
whispering to Git, all told, each of them contains clothes, letters and about 4 to 7 harpstars
whispering to Git, roughly about 50 harpstars (sp)
** (1174) Sarrim walks over to the lighted door, and waits for Git. **
(1178) Vrondard:
"alright but i dont think the mouse is here"
(1177) Git (whispering): were the guards we encountered before wearing uniforms, and if so are similar uniforms in the chests?
** (1178) Vrondard whacks a mole on the boxes... **
whispering to Git, no, just leather armor
(1177) Git:
"Sam, you can check the door without me, it's just the kitchen"
** (1174) Sarrim nods, and pushes it open slowly. **
whispering to Sarrim, this is the door to the east of the barracks, right? it's the one that's blinking
(1177) Git:
(BAM!! Mecha zombie chef attacks!!))
(1174) Sarrim:
(Lol)
(1174) Sarrim (whispering): The kitchen door, yar
whispering to Sarrim, the kitchen door is the one outside and to the right
whispering to Sarrim, I need to make sure you know which is which
(1176) Kha:
((Ok back))
(1172) DM:
(Guys, the kitchen door is the one that's outside to the right and south. There is a door on the east wall of the barracks, with light shining underneath it.)
** (1177) Git after getting the chests open one way or another collects about 50 harpsters with vronard and begins perusing some letters for any word about the manse **
(1177) Git:
(then I guess sam's in trouble)
whispering to Git, most of them are love letters.
whispering to Git, a few are correspondence from the guards with their loved ones
(1177) Git:
(assumed they were connected... hehe... ass of u and me... eh?)
** (1176) Kha taps his foot rather board so far **
(1174) Sarrim (whispering): Yah, I'll be opening the door with the light then, hehe
(1172) DM:
Beside the door is a bed similar to those in the outer room. A tall, dark haired man with a short pointed beard sits behind a desk. A dark scar runs from his eyebrow down to the left side of his face just above his chin. He wears deerskin clothing that has been dyed navy blue and a gold necklace from which hangs a ruby encrusted medallion. The man is writing on a piece of parchment. On the table is a long sword in its scabbard. As you enter, the man jumps to his feet, grabs his sword, and attacks.
(1178) Vrondard:
"see no mouse"
(1172) DM:
Initiative
(1174) Sarrim:
Sarrim ::[1d20+0+0] -> [19,0,0] = (19) Initiative
(1176) Kha:
INIT: [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21)
(1177) Git:
[1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17)
(1178) Vrondard:
Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16)
(1172) Bracklo Stronghand:
More followers of the Lightwalker I suppose. As good as dead then!
(1172) Bracklo Stronghand:
(21, Bracklo)
(1177) Git:
(uh oh)
(1174) Sarrim:
(If and when he attacks, could I make my defence by moving backwards out of the room?)
(1178) Vrondard:
"lightwalker... i walk with heavy dwarven boots!"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6+1+2] -> [10,6,1,2] = (19)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1+1+2] -> [1,1,1,2] = (5)
(1172) DM:
The man leaps over his desk, coming face to face with Sarrim (AC 20 and miss)
(1178) Vrondard:
"ifn anyone is light in the loafers... its Git"
(1174) Sarrim:
(Ow then)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+1+3+2] -> [1,1,3,2] = (7)
whispering to Sarrim, take 7
(1174) Sarrim:
(Did I suceed in drawing him out of the room when he attacked though?)
(1172) DM:
Spinning around, the man grins with pleasure as he drives the blade of his sword deep into Sarrim's shield arm. The sword comes alive, glowing a deep crimson as it bites into his arm and seems to drink blood from the wound. (7 points)
(1172) DM:
(yes)
(1172) DM:
(19, Sarrim)
** (1174) Sarrim draws steel and attempts to break past his guard and sheathe his sword in his stomach. **
(1174) Sarrim:
Weapons: Sparksword Attack (To Hit:[1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9)) (Damage:[1d6+4] -> [3,4] = (7))
(1177) Git (whispering): can I make a hide check to grip along to the side of the wall before being seen to come in with a sneak attack to his side?
whispering to Git, ok
(1185) Valuk Tresk'ri (enter): 02:08
(1185) Valuk Tresk'ri:
((What game?))
(1172) DM:
(miss)
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(1172) DM:
(17, git)
(1185) Valuk Tresk'ri (exit): 02:10
** (1177) Git rushes to press his body to the wall at the first sound of assault, hiding in the blicd spot of the attacker. his dagger drives toward the enemy as he comes into range. (hide check) **
(1177) Git:
Ceremonial Dagger(sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+6] -> [17,6] = (23)===> DMG: [1d4+1+2d6+0] -> [4,1,5,1,0] = (11)
(1177) Git:
(ignore sneak damage if hide failed)
whispering to Git, no, hide succeeded
(1172) DM:
(critically wounded)
(1172) DM:
(make that severely wounded, my bad)
(1179)
Terrathan (exit): 02:12
(1172) DM:
(16, Vron)
(1177) Git:
(severely, critically... point is Git finally did some real damage to someone)
(1172) DM:
(hah)
** (1178) Vrondard will let him know what he thinks about him... giving him the ole uppercut to the jaw... a cut from his axe that is! **
(1178) Vrondard:
Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+3+3+1+1] -> [20,3,3,1,1] = (28) Critical on Natural 20
(1174) Sarrim:
(Hot damn!)
(1178) Vrondard:
Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+3+3+1+1] -> [4,3,3,1,1] = (12) Critical on Natural 20
(1177) Git:
GW: clever play on words vronard
(1178) Vrondard:
Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+3] -> [10,3] = (13) damage
(1172) DM:
The man dies, and as he does so, coughs up a gout of blood.
(1172) DM:
The glow of the blade fading to black.
(1178) Vrondard:
"take that ya buggering bugger"
** (1174) Sarrim revolves his wounded arm. **
(1177) Git:
"Huh... guess that wasn't the kitchen..." :shrugs ans moves in to check what the man was working on at his desk:
(1174) Sarrim:
"What kind of foul blade is that?"
(1178) Vrondard:
"bring on the ogres... I'm ready fer em"
** (1174) Sarrim picks it up and begins examining it. **
(1176) Kha:
"Maybe that sword will be better for your Sarrim"
(1172) DM:
The parchment reads: "Have some fruit, it's my treat!"
(1177) Git:
"Blood drinking kind apparently. Careful.. might be cursed"
(1174) Sarrim (whispering): Lore Check, [1d20+7] -> [15,7] = (22) If is has any religious implications, a [1d20+7] -> [17,7] = (24)
whispering to Sarrim, er ok...
(1177) Git:
"fruit, huh?" :thinks it over as he searches the man's desk for anything else of interest:
(1174) Sarrim (whispering): Hehe
whispering to Sarrim, take 5 hp damage, no save
** (1176) Kha slips the amulet off the dead mans neck **
whispering to Sarrim, It appears to be a specially enchanted blade dedicated to Gorgauth.
(1174) Sarrim:
"Haaaauugh!" *Drops the blade* "Hiddeous thing! That must be destroyed!"
(1177) Git:
"just leave it here. it's only part of a game for now"
(1178) Vrondard:
"course it must... but its only fake anyway..right?"
(1176) Kha:
"Real if we take it out of here I think"
whispering to Sarrim, This is a longsword of bloodtheft. Only worshippers of the Elderlord can wield such a weapon.
(1174) Sarrim (whispering): Elderlord?
(1176) Kha:
"Anything interesting in the room Git?"
whispering to Git, nothing else.
(1177) Git:
"have fun, but if it turns you all crazy eyed blood thirsty fiend, ya aren't travelling with me"
whispering to Sarrim, Another name for the god Gorgauth
(1177) Git:
"nah. moving along"
** (1177) Git heads back over to the real kitchen **
(1174) Sarrim (whispering): Ah, hehe
(1178) Vrondard:
"bah leave it... not an honest weapon"
whispering to Sarrim, the man was wearing a black mithril suit of armor underneath his clothes
(1176) Kha:
"Sounds good to me"
(1177) Git:
"Sam, you might wanna check on Kha's amulet there though."
(1174) Sarrim (whispering): Hmm...I'd like to closely examine that, and make sure it too is not evilly biased.
(1174) Sarrim (whispering): [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
whispering to Sarrim, ok, appears to be a suit of black mithril. equivalent to chain in AC value.
** (1176) Kha slids it into his pack "He can check it latter" **
(1178) Vrondard:
"well ifn we dont hurry this up... I'm goina start opnin doors meself"
(1174) Sarrim:
"Sure...Kha, mind if I take a look? Be careful...This man was a worshipper of Gorgauth."
** (1177) Git gives the kitchen keyhole another quick check before entering **
(1174) Sarrim:
"Up to you Kha."
whispering to Git, door is unlocked
(1174) Sarrim:
"I'll catch up in a second, this man has some fairly useful armor."
(1178) Vrondard:
"move damnfire slow fer having such long legs"
** (1174) Sarrim packs his breastplate in one of his large sacks, and goes about gathering the armor and donning it himself. **
(1177) Git (whispering): meant look through it, but assuming I see nothing I enter
(1172) DM:
There are many tables placed about this undecorated room, four chairs at each table. Wall shelves hold many trays and pots along with wooden eating utensils. Atop the counter at the south end of the room is a tray with three different foods on it - a yellow cheese riddled with tiny holes, a half loaf of dark brown bread and an apple.
(1174) Sarrim (whispering): What are the differences between regular and mithril armors?
(1177) Git:
:offers sam proddingly: "Yeah, just make sure the armor didn't come with the sword. Might have been a heinous demons combo deal"
(1178) Vrondard:
"nah... not eatin any o' that... sure to be no good fer ya"
whispering to Sarrim, nothing. =)
whispering to Sarrim, weight for one thing. and durability
** (1177) Git moves in to the room focusing in on the food. with a smirk he picks up the apple **
(1176) Kha:
"Next door, I dont see any stairs here"
(1178) Vrondard:
"though maybe if we had this cheese... that mouse would find us"
whispering to Sarrim, but apart from that, not much.
(1174) Sarrim (whispering): Hehe...Alright. Anything different in terms of armor penalties or such?
(1176) Kha:
"I dont think a wooden mouse will be needing food there verond"
(1177) Git:
"Forget the cheese"
** (1178) Vrondard swipes the cheese.. thinking he is brilliant for thinking of this **
whispering to Sarrim, have to check the book, but should be per the book.
** (1176) Kha shrugs **
(1177) Git:
(any other doors in here?)
(1178) Vrondard:
"well if this cheese was any older... it would be tasting like wood too"
(1172) DM:
(Nope)
(1174) Sarrim (whispering): Alright
** (1177) Git heads back to the final door, giving a peek through the keyhole again then entering if it's clear **
** (1174) Sarrim rejoins his comrades, in stylish black mithril armor. **
(1172) DM:
Along the north wall of this 20' square room is a large black tub. Beside the tub are many brooms and mops. Crates of wood and several barrels are piled about the room.
** (1174) Sarrim fears that with his luck, this too will be a thief's armor, =) **
(1178) Vrondard:
"better watch yerself there Git... going to get yer eye poked out some day"
(1176) Kha:
"Guess its back to the beholder room"
(1177) Git:
"No more doors." I'm afraid to say it but..."
(1174) Sarrim:
"You know...This is just a hunch, but if I wanted to have a secret passage. I'd have one in the kitchen."
(1177) Git:
"Aye , aye. worth a shot. In the meantime, give vronard a bath" :heads back to the kitchen to search for a hidden door:
** (1174) Sarrim goes about giving the room a thorough searching. Could I take 20? **
** (1176) Kha looks to Sarrim "I think Git is right you have some Thief in ya" **
(1172) DM:
(If you want.)
** (1174) Sarrim grins. "Yeah, maybe the guards won't be so keen on finding them dwarven spirits" **
(1174) Sarrim:
(Taking 20 it is)
(1178) Vrondard:
"I'd have a secret door into the serving wenches room meself"
** (1174) Sarrim again somehow combines the look of being offended and abashed by compliment into one facial expression. **
(1178) Vrondard:
"that way the missus wouldnt see me sneakin into her room"
** (1174) Sarrim chuckles slightly at Vrondard's musings. **
(1177) Git:
"Though I can't see you keeping servants on staff for very long..." :offhanded comment:
whispering to Sarrim, don't find any
(1177) Git (whispering): find anything in my regular search?
(1174) Sarrim:
"Well. Damned if this thief has no sense. Everyone needs a good secret passage to the kitchen."
(1174) Sarrim:
*Sighs*
(1174) Sarrim:
"Beholder it is."
(1178) Vrondard:
"alright.. time to fight somethin?"
** (1174) Sarrim prepares himself by doing a quick ten point heal. **
** (1176) Kha gets in a balanced fighting stance ready for the beholder **
(1174) Sarrim:
"If we want to kill this thing...Wait...What's a thief doing with a beholder? I mean, seriously, even a thief would have trouble keeping one. Are you sure it's not just an illusion?"
** (1177) Git heads back toward the beholder door, waiting for the others. **
(1176) Kha:
"Vrond you should just fly through the doo so we can catch it by surprize"
** (1174) Sarrim follows Git **
(1175) Magnazero (whispering): I have to go.
(1177) Git:
"you can buy trained ones. They're pretty common guardians"
whispering to Magnazero, ok, well, I'll be around tomorrow for my Saturday game
(1174) Sarrim:
"What?"
whispering to Magnazero, come by around 2 pm if you want to talk
(1175) Magnazero (whispering): Ok.
whispering to Magnazero, we're stopping in 30 min anyway
(1177) Git:
"Get ready. I wanna try something first"
(1174) Sarrim:
"But...They're beholders! Bulbous nasty things that can zap you to dust!"
(1175) Magnazero (whispering): Alright, untill then.
(1174) Sarrim:
"Kha, could I take a look at that amulet? It might help against this thing."
(1175) Magnazero (exit): 02:37
(1178) Vrondard:
"well we are about to find out"
(1177) Git:
"there also all seeing and powerful foes"
** (1176) Kha shrugs I think it was his holy symbol **
(1174) Sarrim:
"Ick...Nevermind then."
(1174) Sarrim:
"Do you think it already knows we're here?"
(1177) Git:
"Don't think they can see through walls"
(1177) Git:
"Everybody ready?"
(1174) Sarrim:
"Well, if whatever you try does work, maybe you can use some of that red stuff and set it on fire."
(1174) Sarrim:
(Does = doesn't)
(1176) Kha:
"So we letting Vrond bust the door down?"
(1177) Git:
"yeah right"
(1174) Sarrim:
"Just a thought."
(1177) Git:
"Nah, I'll open it, just be ready."
** (1176) Kha gets ready **
** (1174) Sarrim shrugs his sword loose. "I think, if we get through this and win, I'm going to forge myself a greatsword. My own greatsword." **
(1177) Git:
(did I search the door for traps or if it's locked?)
whispering to Git, locked
(1176) Kha:
(Think you just looke though the key hole)
** (1177) Git goes to work getting the door unlocked (search for traps first if I didn't before) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [18,9] = (27), [1d20+9] -> [1,9] = (10)
(1178) Vrondard:
"alrighty"
whispering to Git, no traps, still locked
(1177) Git:
(the door is considered in the silence zone, right?)
(1172) DM:
(yes)
(1177) Git (whispering): ok, try to unluck... again)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [19,9] = (28)
whispering to Git, success
(1177) Git:
"ready" :stands up and reaches for the handle. takes a deep calming breath before taking a possib;y suicidal action: opening the door to reveal himself to the creature within, he holds forth the apple: "Have some fruit, it's my treat"
(1177) Git:
(crosses fingers, and closes eyes, afraid to see results)
** (1178) Vrondard awaits to see if the cheese is needed as well **
(1177) Git:
(complete silence in awe of my stupidity)
(1172) DM:
As Git opens the door, several high pitched voices giggle in shrieking laughter.
** (1176) Kha glances around "Wha??" **
(1172) Git:
"Have some fruit, it's my treat!"
** (1174) Sarrim has a pained, anxious look on his face. **
(1172) Git:
The creature doesn't react....
(1172) Git:
however, it's stalks start waving wildly....
(1190) Nuij Ktonos (enter): 02:49
(1190) Nuij Ktonos (whispering): hey
(1178) Vrondard:
"hmmm its werkin.. Gits still here"
** (1176) Kha move into the room to attck **
(1177) Git (whispering): disblieve and spot/listen check to find source of voices
(1190) Nuij Ktonos (exit): 02:50
(1177) Git:
Will save: [1d20+2] -> [9,2] = (11)
whispering to Git, still there
(1177) Git:
"Uh... I wouldn't call this working vronard"
whispering to Git, you glance into the room and see a bunch of goblins huddling behind chairs and beds in the rear of the chamber....
** (1174) Sarrim raises his sword and prepares to charge. **
(1172) DM:
Initiative...
(1178) Vrondard:
"why is that... figured you'd be dis enter grated"
(1176) Kha:
INIT: [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23)
(1177) Git:
"And I doubt, they think we're making much success. :nodding into the room:
(1177) Git:
[1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16)
(1174) Sarrim:
Sarrim ::[1d20+0+0] -> [6,0,0] = (6) Initiative
(1178) Vrondard:
Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
(1172) DM:
(23, Kha)
(1177) Git (whispering): how many gobs?
whispering to Git, 8
** (1176) Kha stabbs the beholder quickly **
(1176) Kha:
Long Tooth Dagger(Wand of Fire) Attack Roll: [1d20+7] -> [19,7] = (26)===> DMG: [1d6+1+1d8+2+4] -> [3,1,1,2,4] = (11)
(1176) Kha:
Long Tooth Dagger(Wand of Fire) Attack Roll: [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)===> DMG: [1d6+1+1d8+2+4] -> [3,1,1,2,4] = (11)
(1172) DM:
er...
(1176) Kha:
(Posible crit if 15 hits)\
(1172) DM:
Kha, Reflex
(1176) Kha:
Reflex save: [1d20+8] -> [5,8] = (13)
(1174) Sarrim:
(Umm...I kinda have to go no...I'm starting to fall asleep)
(1174) Sarrim:
(Erm, Now)
(1172) DM:
As Kha stabs the creature with his dagger, the sphere trembles and then explodes in a shower of flesh, blasting a cloud of greenish-yellowish spores outward....
(1177) Git:
(thaz ok, we'll be fine handling the beholder and 8 goblins without you)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [6d6] -> [5,4,3,5,5,4] = (26)
(1174) Sarrim:
(Well, I'll stay for a couple of rounds then)
(1177) Git:
(uh.....)
(1172) DM:
Kha, take 26 damage
(1174) Sarrim:
(holy shit)
(1172) DM:
The goblins are decimated.
(1176) Kha:
(You sure I just exploded the Beholder)
(1176) Kha:
(Ouch)
(1172) DM:
(that wasn't a beholder)
(1172) DM:
In addition, make a Fort save.
(1177) Git:
(trap, huh? our bad)
(1172) DM:
(no, not a trap either)
(1176) Kha:
Fortitude save: [1d20+6] -> [10,6] = (16)
whispering to Vrondard, gas spore heheh
(1177) Git:
(barbara streisand?)
(1172) DM:
The creature expires, clearly dead. The room is covered in clouds of spores and dead goblins.
(1178) Vrondard:
"standstone... look out fer that goop"
(1172) DM:
Along each side of the room are four bunks, all appear to have been slept in recently. A small footlocker sits beside each bed, and there is a small window in the east wall. The floor of the room is uncarpeted.
(1172) DM:
(and on that note, we'll stop.)

 


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms