Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
5 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
3 Guests
Registered Users: Aaroninfig, Joshuatwern


Back to Tolmara Logs


Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(227) Sarrim: I got some pretty good gifts. I also got this anonymous white elephant gift. It was a box of plastic frogs, a frog calender, and a Ulu knife.
(223) Agatha: It should be noted that my brother is into punk, abhors rap, and is quite vocal about it (that and his new hero Michael Moore)
(227) Sarrim: I found out that it was from my cousin. I'm going to buy him a pet frog.
(219) DM: Everyone remember from last time?
(227) Sarrim: Aye, aye. We're all guaranteed certain doom from the crypt guardian guy
(221) Git: yeah... and we've all learned a valuable lesson abbout destroying summoning circles
(223) Agatha: Meanwhile, I'm just aware that 95% of movie-licensed games for GameBoy suck.
(222) Vrondard: yes we were fumbling around down here
(227) Sarrim: True true...But the games off of the LotR series were supposed to be decent
(227) Sarrim: (Personally, I reccommend getting Final Fantasy Advance and the Lament of Innocence at the earliest opportunities)
(223) Agatha: Lunauc, was that lesson about summoning circles "don't"?
(221) Git: very good neo
(227) Sarrim: Not unless you are a trained wizard, wizened in the wayz of wizarding zummoning zircles.
(219) DM: ok, let's get down to business.
(221) Git: True Zima man
(227) Sarrim: Alright then.
(219) Braxus: I do not want to destroy you, but if you incur my wrath, then you will plead for death in the swiftest way imaginable.
(219) Braxus: Tell me why you have come and I will send you back whence you came, if plunderers you be not.
(222) Vrondard: "har I think that be the other way around bub!" he blusters
(227) Sarrim: (Quick question, what was it we were seeking?)
(223) Agatha: "Aye, what shorty said."
(219) DM: (the crown of Claarsh, and to slay Braxus)
** (221) Git cocks his head, happy that the dark figure didn't decide to come in blasting. He even gives a slight snicker until his companions decide to speak up. Quickly he offers, "You'll have to excuse my friends, they're easily hostile." **
(223) Agatha: (Is my text blue? This monitor is super-dim, so I can't tell.)
(227) Sarrim: (Yah)
(222) Vrondard: (is blue)
(219) DM: (slaying Braxus will accomplish one goal, but recovering the crown WITHOUT slaying Braxus will net you less points than if you had slain him without recovering the crown)
(227) Sarrim: "We seek the crown of Claarsh."
(227) Sarrim: "And to lay you to rest, that you may not suffer this world any longer."
(219) Braxus: Ahh, I thought as much. Then, ye shall not pass unless ye come as shades.
(222) Vrondard: "grrrr" not liking his pompus talk
** (221) Git cringes at the paladins words, "Always the hard way" **
(221) Git: "Dear lord..." :refering to Braxus as Git bows forward: "If at all possible, at least I'd like to pass on that whole turning to shades matter."
(219) DM: And with that, the creature lifts back its hood, revealing a bony skeleton with strips of rotting flesh hanging from its spindly bones, and a purplish-black cloud where its eyes should be, full of malevolence and spite. It flicks its fingers, and an ebon staff of black light flickers into being within its bony grasp.
(219) Braxus: Ye shall not pass!
** (227) Sarrim draws his sword, and whispers a prayer to Tammara. **
(222) Vrondard: "ah ha... now to the good part"
(219) DM: roll initiative
** (222) Vrondard draws his axe eagerly **
(227) Sarrim: Sarrim ::[1d20+0+0] -> [13,0,0] = (13) Initiative
(222) Vrondard: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20)
** (221) Git discretely pulls a dagger from his hip, ready should the undead bastard start casting (ready action to throw, pick pocket check at your discretion to conceal the dagger) **
(223) Agatha: "Harumph. If you're stupid enough ta think you're gonna make ghosts of us, it's nosurprise you're already dead.
(219) Braxus: Oh, I think not, little human. The god will take care of ye.
(221) Git: (just to check, even if the dagger can't hurt him, if it hits it still makes him check for concentration, right?"
(221) Git: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
(219) DM: (yes)
(222) Vrondard: ((if he is casting a spell AT the time barring any secret powers it has))
(219) DM: (20, Braxus)
(221) Git: "Um... which god is that?"
(227) Sarrim: (Like the uber death ray and the ice cream of eternal torment)
(221) Git: "Not that I'm particular"
(219) DM: It stands there, in a defensive posture, staff at the ready.
(219) DM: (18, Vron)
(223) Agatha: (shit, the res on this thing is too low. How do I roll without the buttons?
(222) Vrondard: ((type it out))
(227) Sarrim: (Type in [Bad dice format], no spaces in the brackets)
(222) Vrondard: {1d20+3}
(227) Sarrim: (Crap)
(222) Vrondard: but in the box brackets
** (222) Vrondard attacks... seeing what is going to slay the creature **
(222) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+2+3+1] -> [11,2,3,1] = (17) Critical on Natural 20
(222) Vrondard: "Ill chop yer down alive er dead"
(223) Agatha: [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
whispering to Vrondard, which axe is that?
(222) Vrondard (whispering): the magic one of course
(219) DM: (hit)
(222) Vrondard (whispering): the prefered axe...
whispering to Vrondard, ok, just checking
(222) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+3+1] -> [6,3,1] = (10) damage
(222) Vrondard (whispering): it it dwarven waraxe or the battle axe
(219) DM: (lightly wounded)
(219) DM: (13, Sarrim)
** (227) Sarrim steps forward and moves to strike. **
(227) Sarrim: Weapons: Sparksword Attack (To Hit:[1d20+5] -> [5,5] = (10)) (Damage:[1d6+4] -> [2,4] = (6))
(219) DM: (miss)
(235) Nuij Ktonos (enter): 22:16
(219) DM: (8, Git)
(222) Vrondard: "barge... dont be swinging that like a sissy"
(222) Vrondard: "swing like yer mean it"
(235) Nuij Ktonos (exit): 22:16
** (221) Git takes the opportunity while they attack to tumble(check) past Braxus to gain a flanking position to strike with his ceremonial dagger **
(221) Git: Ceremonial Dagger (base): [1d20+2] -> [19,2] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d4+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
(221) Git: Critical hit? [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7) ===> Damage: [2d4+2] -> [3,4,2] = (9)
(222) Vrondard: "there like that"
(222) Vrondard: (no crits on undead which its prob is))
(221) Git: (doubt 9 hits the crit)
(222) Vrondard: "get angry"
(222) Vrondard: "that be the way of it Git"
(219) DM: (lightly wounded)
(219) DM: (6, Agatha)
(221) Git: "Thanks for the advice vronard, I'll be sure to keep it in mind" :grumbels in annoyance:
(221) Git: "Just make sure he doesn't open his mouth!"
** (223) Agatha unceremoniously charges forward with a warcry. **
(223) Agatha: [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
(223) Agatha: [1d12+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
(219) DM: (lightly wounded)
(222) Vrondard (whispering): hee... that wont change much until i strike or she hits big
(219) DM: The creature sighs slowly, even as your weapons splinter pieces of bones from its frame, sending shards of bone and strands of flesh across the room.
(219) Braxus: By the god I serve, I had hoped not to destroy ye, but destroy ye I must.
(221) Git: "I don't mind. You can just not kill us. I won't mind"
(219) Braxus: Let Morgaul show those who would oppose him the folly of their ways!
(221) Git: "Really"
(223) Agatha: "If ya don't wanna fight than give show us the bloomin' crown!"
(219) DM: With that, the creature extends its fingers, and a crimson ray strikes Vrondard, Agatha and Git in the heart, causing them to disappear.
(222) Vrondard: "it aint going to...." bzzzt
(222) Vrondard: POP!
(221) Git: "Shite..." >poof<
(227) Sarrim: "You....You.."
 ** (227) Sarrim regrips his sword...shaking in a fury. **
(227) Sarrim: "I will destroy you, abomination!"
(219) Braxus: Somehow I don't think it will be you who will be doing the destroying.
(241) Sarrim (whispering): Ah
(219) DM: It ceases its advance as soon as your companions disappear.
(241) Sarrim (whispering): Could I take advtantage of this moment to make an attack?
(219) Braxus: Turn back before death overtakes ye.
(219) DM: No need to whisper. Of course.
(241) Sarrim: "I fear not death...It is my duty and honor to return you to rest. DIE CREATURE!"
(241) Sarrim: Weapons: Sparksword Attack (To Hit:[1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20)) (Damage:[1d6+4] -> [1,4] = (5))
(219) DM: (hit)
(241) Sarrim: (5 damage then)
(219) DM: (severely wounded)
(219) DM: running them in another room, hold on
(241) Sarrim: (k)
(219) DM: For some reason, the creature does nothing to parry your attack, merely standing there like a dead thing.
(219) DM: However, as you withdraw your sword, it suddenly lunges at you, staff extended....
(219) DM: [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
(241) Sarrim: (16 AC)
(219) DM: It attempts to strike you with the staff and misses, leaving only the feeling of its chill in the wake of the staff.
(241) Sarrim: "Vengeance is mine, fiend!" *Brings his sword back around, and plunges it toward Braxus.
(241) Sarrim: Weapons: Sparksword Attack (To Hit:[1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)) (Damage:[1d6+4] -> [1,4] = (5))
(219) DM: (miss)
(219) Braxus: [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
(219) DM: It misses again, and as the staff passes near you, you feel the chill of the grave in its shadow.
** (241) Sarrim slashes down at the head of the skeleton, trying to decapitate it. **
(241) Sarrim: Weapons: Sparksword Attack (To Hit:[1d20+5] -> [1,5] = (6)) (Damage:[1d6+4] -> [1,4] = (5))
(219) DM: (miss)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
(241) Sarrim: (I think I cursed the dice again)
(219) DM: It misses again. (your turn)
(245) Gerald/Loriana (enter): 22:42
(245) Gerald/Loriana (exit): 22:42
** (241) Sarrim begins chanting quietly to himself, and swings again. **
(241) Sarrim: Weapons: Sparksword Attack (To Hit:[1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)) (Damage:[1d6+4] -> [4,4] = (8))
(219) DM: (severely wounded)
(246) Raven (enter): 22:45
(246) Raven (exit): 22:45
(219) Braxus: Your friends have abandoned ye, to your doom. Ye can turn back now and admit defeat, or face death.
(219) Braxus: [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16)
(241) Sarrim: "I would never dishonor myself so! I will face death, and slay him as well, until I avenge the friends that died by YOUR hand!"
** (219) Braxus plants the butt end of the staff, with a triumphant chuckle, on your breastplate and shoves forward. **
** (241) Sarrim grunts. **
(219) Braxus: I do believe now is the time to say, adieu! (chuckling malevolently)
(219) Braxus: [1d8] -> [3] = (3)
(241) Sarrim: Ow...Somehow I don't think that was the entire extent of the damage...
(219) DM: Lose 3 Con and make a Fortitude save
(241) Sarrim: Saves: Fortitude: [1d20+9] -> [5,9] = (14)
(219) DM: (no other effects)
(219) Braxus: Still here? Thou art made of sterner stuff, little paladin.
(241) Sarrim: "Augh....Tammara give me strength..." *Throws himself at Braxus, feinting with a sword, and reaches out his hand...
(241) Sarrim: [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
(219) DM: (miss)
(219) Braxus: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
** (219) Braxus chuckles, gloating **
(219) Braxus: [1d8] -> [4] = (4)
(219) DM: Lose 4 Con and make a Fortitude save
(241) Sarrim: [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
(219) Braxus: Never let it be said that Morgaul is an unmerciful god. If ye will bow down and worship him, I as his scion, will spare ye a horrific death,,,,
(219) DM: (No other effects)
(241) Sarrim: *Coughing blood* "Never...I will never.."
(241) Sarrim: Weapons: Sparksword Attack (To Hit:[1d20+5] -> [9,5] = (14)) (Damage:[1d6+4] -> [5,4] = (9))
(219) DM: (miss)
(219) Braxus: [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(219) DM: (miss)
** (241) Sarrim strikes out again with his hand. **
(241) Sarrim: [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)
(219) DM: (hit)
** (241) Sarrim focuses all of his righteous fury into the touch...Pulsating it with his divine energy. **
(241) Sarrim: (Lay hands, 8 damage)
(219) DM: (double damage actually) (critically wounded)
(241) Sarrim: (Sweet!)
(241) Sarrim: "You'll not have me, Braxus...Lay yourself down, let me end this..."
(219) Braxus: Morgaul deny ye life even as he denies me death!
(219) Braxus: [1d20+3] -> [20,3] = (23)
(219) DM: [1d8] -> [8] = (8)
(219) DM: Lose 8 Con. Total Con left?
(241) Sarrim: "Oh...Tammara..." *Crumples to the ground...Dead. (0 con)
(219) DM: (ok, hold on)
(219) DM: You collapse to the floor, dying as the staff strikes you in the face.
(219) DM: As the room fades to black, you eventually wake up in the audience chamber of the Citadel.
(219) DM: The room where you awake is deathly silent and not at all the same area where you departed from at the beginning of this trial.
(241) Sarrim: "What...What...I died...And..."
** (241) Sarrim looks about, trying to get his bearings. **
(219) DM: It is a vast chamber, lined with all sorts of gems and jewels embedded in the walls. A circle of thrones, each carved from different gemstones, hovers in the air, save for one which seems carved from a singular piece of diamond, and sits on a crystal pedestal. All of the thrones are empty save for two, namely the diamond throne and a throne made of onyx. Garath and Alicius sit in each, nodding at you with slight smiles on their faces.
(219) DM: Welcome, welcome to the audience chamber of the Diamond Citadel, Sarrim of Tammara.
(241) Sarrim: "I...I thank you...I am sorry...I know I have not proved myself worthy of the trials."
(219) Garath Tremaine: From this point forwards, you are a silent spectator, even as your friends may wonder about ye. Your group's success will hinge on their triumph or failure. Ye have not failed yet, though ye have died.
(241) Sarrim: "What happened to them? I saw them disappear..."
(221) Git (enter): 23:11
(222) Vrondard (enter): 23:11
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (221) Git...
(223) Agatha (enter): 23:11
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (222) Vrondard...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (223) Agatha...
** (221) Git glances back up the tunnel wondering if Sam restarted as well, or if he was wiped from the game. **
(219) Garath Tremaine: They cannot hear ye or see ye. Ye are here, within the audience chamber. Here is where your competitors, your fellow knights and venturers appear when they die in the trials.
(222) Vrondard: "well this just all around bites me knickers"
(219) Garath Tremaine: Ye were the first to reach the necromancer-priest. And the first to fall.
** (221) Git still looks for a hold to catch his grappling hook on (spot check?) **
(219) DM: (ok)
(221) Git: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
(219) DM: Actually, one of the pebbles does land in midair.
(219) DM: A small outcropping on the other side of the chasm.
(221) Git: (:smacks head:)
(223) Agatha: (ditto with the spot check. Git isn't the only one with a rope)
(221) Git: (did I feel anything reaching around in the cham with my pole?)
(223) Agatha: (haha! Thank you, Spielburg and Lucas.
(219) Garath Tremaine: In the meantime, although ye fell, my offer still stands. But I am not offering it to ye in the capacity as a presider of these trials but in my capacity as Magister of the Citadel and adviser to His Majesty.
whispering to Git, yes
whispering to Git, an invisible bridge, as you said
(219) Garath Tremaine: If ye are interested, I would know of it.
(241) Sarrim: "Offer? I...Must apologize, my mind's still a little disoriented. What had you asked of me?"
** (223) Agatha throws more gravel to see if the path continues all the way. **
** (221) Git scrapes the end of his pole along an unseen surface, "come on" using the pole as a guide he walks the bridge to the other side **
(222) Vrondard: "come on where?"
(219) Garath Tremaine: Earlier, I had said that if ye did well in these trials, I would offer ye the chance to act in an official capacity for certain individuals. I was intentionally cryptic, but I have seen ye in action, and ye are to be commended.
(222) Vrondard: "i dont see nothing but nothing"
(219) Garath Tremaine: I have my reasons for acting now. One of these is that one of your competitors, should they succeed, would be ill-advised for this opportunity. One of their number is a member of the Network.
(221) Git: :standing out in thin air: "Just follow my steps, okay?"
(222) Vrondard: "oh man lookid that"
(219) DM: You see Git step on something unseen and walk on thin air as if he were a mage of some skill.
(222) Vrondard: "you got the spirit of the devils in you boy"
** (223) Agatha follows. **
(222) Vrondard: "and thats a shame.. but that aint me"
whispering to Git, there's a 5' clearance on either side of you
(241) Sarrim: "My thanks...Though I know I lacked strength. I would be honored to serve you."
(223) Agatha: "It's an invisible bridge."
(221) Git: "It's an invisible bridge, oh Wise One. Now move it. this is a timed trial, remember?"
(222) Vrondard: "oh" he states sheepishly
whispering to Agatha, 5' of bridge on either side of you
** (222) Vrondard uses the edge of his shield or axe to help him along and accross **
(219) DM: The passage eventually comes to a rockfall, which blocks your way.
(223) Agatha: "Aye, we still have a ghost to put down."
** (222) Vrondard examines is in a knowing way **
whispering to Sarrim, your Con is restored btw
(221) Git: "Oh for the love of..." :biting back a curse at the sight of the piled rocks:
(222) Vrondard: "bah dont be frettin"
(241) Sarrim (whispering): I'll make note of that, =)
(222) Vrondard: "least is something we can see... and feel... and move the hell outa our way"
(221) Git: :Once more pokes at the rocks at different points with his pole: (disbelieve)
(221) Git: Will save: [1d20+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
(222) Vrondard (whispering): examines the pile for safety, reality and moveability
** (223) Agatha taps her knuckles against the rocks. (low to herself) "Please don't be real." **
(223) Agatha: [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
whispering to Git, still there
whispering to Agatha, quite real
(254) Silvin (enter): 23:25
whispering to Vrondard, oh so very real
(254) Silvin (exit): 23:26
(222) Vrondard: "well lets get crackin"
(221) Git (whispering): you mean just on the disbelieve or touching it as well?
** (222) Vrondard starts toppling boulders **
(219) Garath Tremaine: If I may have your answer?
whispering to Git, disbelive
(241) Sarrim: (Gave answer above, =) )
(223) Agatha: "Don't suppose it could be just a big door with a secret switch?
(241) Sarrim: (Will repeat)
(241) Sarrim: "My thanks...Though I know I lacked strength. I would be honored to serve you."
(219) DM: The boulders take a bit of time to come down, and it's hard work. Vron pushes them to the chasm, where they land in the raging river below.
(219) Garath Tremaine: Not me, Sir Paladin. The Kingdom of Wylund.
(219) Garath Tremaine: I will not force this on your companions. But the rewards are great, even as the peril is immense.
(222) Vrondard: "there we go.. think we can get thru now"
(219) Garath Tremaine: I thank ye for your honesty.
(241) Sarrim: "An even greater cause my lord, and my gratitude that much more."
(219) Alicius Krendath: But ye know not the cause or the dilemma, Sir Paladin. (gently chiding)
(223) Agatha: "Then let us make haste mister dwarf. We've a score to settle."
(219) Alicius Krendath: Your companions may not agree so readily when they hear of our request.
(241) Sarrim: "I...I suppose I am too trusting, but my thoughts are high of this kingdom. As to my companions, I'll odo my best to convince them"
** (222) Vrondard goes forth past the rubble **
** (219) Alicius Krendath nods. **
(221) Git: "Aye. we've wasted enough time on this stuff" :heads out down the hall after they've cleared the way:
(223) Agatha: (as they run down the path) "So Git, have ya thought up a plan to fell this thing 'fore it zaps us again?"
(219) Alicius Krendath: This peril threatens us all, even those who are not of this land, even those who reside under shade, in the sea or within the mountain. 'Tis one brought on by those who would seek to enslave others to do their bidding.
(219) Garath Tremaine: We are speaking of slavers, of course. But hush, and watch your companions. We will speak of this anon.
** (219) Garath Tremaine waves his hand and points to a crystal orb which rises from the floor, and clears to reveal Agatha running down a corridor. **
** (241) Sarrim opens his mouth, but thinks better of it, and looks toward his friends. **
(221) Git: "Heh. not sure yet. but...If we can keep him from making gestures we maybe able to hamper his casting. Think you guys could get a decent grip on that bag of rot?"
(222) Vrondard: "I could give it shot"
(219) DM: The passage ends at a stone door. It's closed.
(222) Vrondard: "Id rather stick me axe in em"
** (221) Git wastes no time moving to search the door traps: **
(223) Agatha: "Don't think we can break this 'un down."
(221) Git: "If we get him down, your axe will get it's chance"
(222) Vrondard: "well it id closed?"
(222) Vrondard: (locked)
(221) Git: (search check?)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [7,9] = (16)
(219) DM: unlocked
(219) DM: no traps
(260) Bokenor (enter): 23:38
(221) Git: "Our lucky day. he left the door open for us"
(219) DM: The odor of rotting flesh seeps through the door.
(222) Vrondard: "Agatha you want to grab him?"
(223) Agatha: "I'm sure I can handle that bag of bones."
** (221) Git pulls the flask of fire damage potion from his belt pouch **
(222) Vrondard: "next time we see Im then you do that"
(221) Git: "We ready?"
(223) Agatha: "Try not to get any of that stuff on me, Git."
(262) Lycan (enter): 23:40
(221) Git: "Yes ma'am"
(222) Vrondard: "I be ready"
(219) DM: (So, what now?)
** (222) Vrondard opens the door **
** (223) Agatha takes point with one hand on the knob. "On three we go." **
(223) Agatha: "Git, stay to the shadows. If I can't grab 'im, let the fire fly."
(223) Agatha: "Vron, follow up on that."
(219) DM: The door opens grudgingly to reveal a medium sized room, seemingly empty, save for a large pit in the center of the room that seems to have only a small ledge that provides access to the other side. The room is littered with bones and corpses of various creatures.
(223) Agatha: (all in whispers)
** (221) Git takes position behind the door. "Alright... one." **
(222) Vrondard: "bah that isnt the room"
(219) DM: A freshly slain corpse of a terrified halfling greets your gaze as soon as you enter the chamber, gagging on the stench.
(222) Vrondard: "hmm follow me"
(219) DM: A closed door lies on the other side of the chamber.
(222) Vrondard: "blech"
(221) Git: "We have to be close though"
** (223) Agatha pulls out her axe. **
(219) DM: You hear a rustle as soon as Vrondard enters the chamber.
(219) DM: Inside the pit...
** (222) Vrondard makes his way into the room clearly avoiding the pit **
(223) Agatha: "Close or not. The poor lad tells us to prepare ourselves."
** (221) Git holds at the door, peering toward the pit **
(219) DM: The problem is that there are only two ways to access the other side short of climbing the walls -- a 5' ledge on either side of the pit that's 10' long and 5' wide.
(219) DM: A mass of tentacles shoots upwards, aiming for Git...
(219) DM: (initiative)
(222) Vrondard: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
(223) Agatha: [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19)
(221) Git: [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
(221) Git: (attacks the only one who didn't enter the room, go figure)
(219) DM: When the tentacles clear the pit, they're barely 5' away from Vron. Somehow the creature within knows where to aim its reach even though Git is nowhere near the vicinity of the pit.
(219) DM: (22, Vron)
(221) Git: (any effect?)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [6] = (6)
(219) DM: (Well, it's Vron's turn, so...)
** (222) Vrondard attacks the creature **
(222) Vrondard: (is it in range yet?)
** (222) Vrondard will try to slice off one of the tenticles **
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(262) Lycan' from server... connection timed out.
(262) Lycan (exit): 23:50
(222) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+2+3+1] -> [7,2,3,1] = (13) Critical on Natural 20
(222) Vrondard: (bah)
(219) DM: Vrondard's weapon glides through the tentacle, even though it clearly struck and would've chopped a section off....
(222) Vrondard: "what the?"
(222) Vrondard: "more fricken magic"
(221) Git: "No kiddin"
(241) Sarrim: Disconnecting from server...
(241) Sarrim (exit): 23:53
(266) Sarrim (enter): 23:54
(222) Vrondard: (hey S)
** (223) Agatha looks incredulously at the tentacles as she talkes a slice at the tentacles. **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (266) Sarrim...
(223) Agatha: [1d20+6] -> [1,6] = (7)
(223) Agatha: (shit. well will save for disbelief.)
(223) Agatha: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
(222) Vrondard: ((agatha can disbelieve that she missed so badly))
whispering to Agatha, (still there)
(222) Vrondard: ((cant)
(223) Agatha: ((::kicks dieroller in it's non-existant ass""))
(219) DM: (6, Git)
** (221) Git flinches back a bit from the tentacles as he grabs his bow, while his present dagger makes a stab for the tentacle: **
(221) Git: Ceremonial Dagger (base): [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d4+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
(221) Git: (also disbelieve)
(221) Git: Will save: [1d20+1] -> [13,1] = (14)
whispering to Git, The room is not there, instead you're standing in front of Sarrim's corpse
whispering to Git, The creature known as Braxus is about to strike Agatha with its ebony staff.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
(219) DM: Suddenly, one of the tentacles reaches forward and curls around Agatha's waist (AC 20).
** (221) Git stops in his tracks, freezing at the sight before him, and screams out, "Agatha, get out of the way!" **
(221) Git: "It's an illusion! The room isn't here! we're back with Braxus!"
whispering to Agatha, the chill of the grave strikes you in the heart
** (219) Garath Tremaine glances at another orb. **
(223) Agatha: "Arrrggh!"
(221) Git (whispering): are the tentacles real?
(219) Garath Tremaine: Hmmm, it seems the rest of your companions are faring better against the crypt thing. The other groups have yet to pass the chasm or the crypt chamber.
whispering to Git, nope
(223) Agatha: "Git, show Vron where to strike!
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] -> [4] = (4)
whispering to Agatha, lose 4 Con and make a Fort save
(221) Git: "Vronard, he's behind Agatha! Now!"
(219) DM: Malevolent laughter comes from within the pit.
(266) Sarrim: "They are skilled. I'm proud to be a part of them."
(223) Agatha: [1d20+6] -> [9,6] = (15)
whispering to Git, Braxus strikes Agatha in the chest with his staff, drawing her life force forward and into his staff. Agatha seems paler than before.
(221) Git: "Shite! Agatha!"
(219) Garath Tremaine: (22, Vrondard)
** (221) Git does best he can to instruct the dwarf on Braxus's position. "He's in front, of her, using his staff to succor her life" **
(219) DM: The tentacle seems to squeeze the life out of Agatha, even as she struggles to get free.
(222) Vrondard: "really?... darn magic using faker" striking behind Agatha (jumping into the pit as necessary)
(222) Vrondard: (or front now)
(222) Vrondard: (per directions)
(223) Agatha: "Bastard....soo....cold."
(221) Git: (can you effectively flank someone if one person can't see the enemy?)
(223) Agatha (whispering): I'm in the audience chamber now?
(219) DM: (should be able to)
whispering to Agatha, nope
** (222) Vrondard will strike out with his magic axe **
whispering to Vrondard, Will save
(222) Vrondard (whispering): Will vs. Magic Spells/Spell-like: Save [1d20+1+0+2] -> [11,1,0,2] = (14)
(221) Git: "Try to see through the illusion guys, it's not real!"
(223) Agatha (whispering): So what happened then?
whispering to Agatha, you're still in combat with the tentacle creature
(222) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+2+3+1] -> [13,2,3,1] = (19) Critical on Natural 20
whispering to Agatha, you only appear in the audience chamber when one set of criteria is fulfilled, which doesn't yet apply to you
(222) Vrondard: +2 if flanking applies (need a 50/50 to hit)
whispering to Vrondard, yes
whispering to Vrondard, hit of course
whispering to Vrondard, and it's Braxus you're fighting
(222) Vrondard (whispering): low hits [1d2] -> [1] = (1)
whispering to Vrondard, he just struck Agatha with his staff
(222) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+3+1] -> [8,3,1] = (12) damage
whispering to Vrondard, Braxus dies
whispering to Git, Braxus dies
(222) Vrondard: "gar take that ye sneak"
(221) Git: "HAha! Way to go Vronard!"
(219) DM: The tentacle drops to the floor, as Vrondard slices it in half, and the rest of the pit creature slithers back into its hellish lair.
(222) Vrondard: "ya I nabed him"
(219) DM: Suddenly, the room dissolves, and you're standing in the ceremonial chamber where you first battled Braxus. Sarrim's corpse lies on the floor, crumpled in agony.
(219) DM: There is nothing left of Braxus, save a tattered robe and a glowing ebony staff.
(223) Agatha (whispering): Am I still conscious?
(219) DM: Agatha lies on the floor, unconscious, but breathing.
(221) Git: "Yeah, nice going" :steps into the room moving toward Braxus' corpse, hesitating as he wonders how one blow took him down when he seemed so powerful a moment ago:
** (222) Vrondard jumps down to see to Sarrim **
(222) Vrondard: jumps/slides
(222) Vrondard: ((hmm thought Sarrim was in the pit))
** (221) Git heads over to check on Agatha, "Giving her a slight shake, asking, "Still alive darlin? We aren't done yet" :begins looking over the extent of her ailment: **
(222) Vrondard: "wake up"
(221) Git: "Doubt that'll work Vronard. He's dead"
(222) Vrondard: "hmmm can't be dead dead... this is a game after all"
(221) Git: :sighs: "Yes. but here, he's dead. you'll see him when we finish the game"
** (222) Vrondard tugs on his beard trying to figure this all out **
(222) Vrondard: "hmm well as long as he isnt really dead"
(221) Git: "Trust me"
** (222) Vrondard gets back on his feat **
(223) Agatha (whispering): Have I just fainted or am I completely KO'ed (0 hp)
(221) Git: (is the casket back up out of the floor?)
** (222) Vrondard moves to help Agatha get up on her own feet **
whispering to Agatha, fainted
(219) DM: (no)
** (223) Agatha groans. **
(221) Git: "Mind her, I'm going to poke around a bit"
(219) DM: The casket sank into the floor, revealing a chamber beyond, from which the sound of rushing water can clearly be heard
(223) Agatha: "Uggghhh...what happened."
(222) Vrondard: "yea got boonswaggled like a silly kobold"
** (221) Git heads over to where the casket sank, searching the ground for a way to bring it back up( checks: search, knowledge: architecture, your discretion) **
(222) Vrondard: "but I cut that bugger down when I finally see'd him"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23)
(223) Agatha: "Watch your language, mister dwarf. So I missed the fight?"
whispering to Git, No immediate or known method
(222) Vrondard: "well you didnt miss it so much as you were it"
(221) Git: "Fraid so lass"
(222) Vrondard: "but yer was tougher than e was so aint nothing to be frettin about"
(222) Vrondard: "can yea gits up?"
(222) Vrondard: "we got some crown findin to do"
(221) Git: :groans as he glances down the next tunnel: "right then" heads back with the others
(222) Vrondard: "it gots to be in yonder room"
** (223) Agatha stumbles up. **
(221) Git: "Think we should take that with us?" :pointing to the sebony staff.
(223) Agatha: "Aye, I think I'm okay. Just got me a bit of the chills."
** (222) Vrondard supports her being a dwarven gentleman besides his exterior **
(222) Vrondard: "maybe but I aint be touching it"
(222) Vrondard: "tainted with foulness I'm sure it is"
** (219) Garath Tremaine chuckles at the dwarf's comment. **
(221) Git: "Yeah true. best to leave things like that here in the pits"
(223) Agatha: "We should hide it. Doubtless we won't be the last passin' through 'ere.
(221) Git: "Ready to go Agatha, or do you need a minute?"
(219) Garath Tremaine: He reminds me of a dwarf I used to know. Morduin....
(266) Sarrim: "Eh? He have a tongue blunt enough to forge a sword?"
** (223) Agatha stands up straight. **
(219) Garath Tremaine: A dwarven monk of the god of peace. Quite an effective fighter he was, when he needed to be. Reminds me of the time he tried to bargain with a crimson drake. He lost of course, but it was fun watching him try even as he exasperated me half the time.
(223) Agatha: "I'm as well as I'm gonna get. We should hurry."
(266) Sarrim: "That would've been...An interesting thing to see."
(219) Garath Tremaine: Morduin? Morduin had a tongue that could put you to sleep. With a voice to match.
** (219) Garath Tremaine chuckles **
(221) Git: "Right then. I'll take point ahead. I'll signal as the cost is clear. We don't know what else he left in this place. best we try to surprise IT for a change"
(222) Vrondard: "tis true.."
** (222) Vrondard stays near Agatha to help her but doesnt unless needed **
** (221) Git heads first down the tunnel, a good 20' in front of comrades searching for further dangers(move silent, hide) **
(221) Git: (listen, spot, whatever else you need)
(222) Vrondard: "a huntin we shall go"
(222) Vrondard: "a hunting we shall go"
(222) Vrondard: "high ho amerrieo"
(272) Hydon (enter): 00:29
(222) Vrondard: "a hunting we shall go"
(272) Hydon (exit): 00:29
** (221) Git glares backs at the dwarf in annoyance of his sudden outburtst **
(219) DM: As you enter the chamber beyond, you can barely hear each other over the sound of rushing water below you. A narrow escarpment connects the chamber which you're standing in with stairs up at the other end. (4' wide path at a height of 100' above a rushing, raging river)
** (222) Vrondard stops singing with the voice akin to gravel **
(219) DM: The stairs ascend to a platform, beyond which you can spy a pair of gleaming crystal doors much like the doors which greeted you when you entered the Citadel to begin the trials.
** (221) Git stops for a second, checking the structure of the stairs( architecture knowledge check) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)
(223) Agatha: "Be careful, lad. This place could still be full of trickery"
** (223) Agatha treads very carefully. **
(222) Vrondard: "what part o this wasnt?"
whispering to Git, no traps, it seems
** (221) Git heads up the stairs first, after pulling his bow and readying an arrow "Keep your eyes peeled. this seems too easy" **
(219) Morgaul: Who dares set foot in the realm of the dead?
(223) Agatha: "Those who fear not death!"
(221) Git: :stops "Please tell me that's you again Vronard"
(222) Vrondard: "I do!"
(222) Vrondard: "Nah aint me"
(219) DM: A figure, easily twice the height of Braxus, appears at the top of the stairs, cloaked in a tattered black cloak. An immense bony hand sweeps back the hood of the cloak to reveal...Sarrim's bony face staring out at you with intense hatred.
(221) Git: :Groans: "I have a really bad feeling all of a sudden"
(222) Vrondard: "It's me Braxtus your faithful servant!"
(221) Git: :cringes at the sight: "Ewww.. you've looked better"
(219) Morgaul: Ye have dared slay my priest and I have taken one of your number as payment. Why have ye come? To further test my wrath?
(222) Vrondard: "I'm her to do cleaning on the crown"
** (222) Vrondard lies likes a two-bit whore... **
** (266) Sarrim looks fairly shocked, staring into the orb. **
(221) Git: :glances back to Vronard, and gives a shrug: "Yeah, we're jewelers. I'm his assistant"
(221) Git: (bluff check if you like, hehe)
(219) Morgaul: Ye seek a trifle? The Taker demands payment for a mere bauble. Who amongst ye will sacrifice what he or she holds dear for such a token?
whispering to Git, roll
(221) Git: Bluff Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [4,10] = (14)
(222) Vrondard: "Git does... we sacrifice his staff"
(221) Git: "My what now?"
whispering to Git, no, but nice try heheh (bluff check that is)
(222) Vrondard: "the staff...." (braxtus's staff)
(221) Git: :cocks his head at the imposing beings words: "You want to talk deals?" :casually beginning to stroll up the stairs:
(219) Morgaul: If ye have it, I would have it as payment. (chuckling malevolently)
(221) Git: (I didn't grab the staff)
(266) Sarrim: (It's Braxus)
(219) Morgaul: Ye would dare bargain with one such as me? I, Morgaul, the Gray Taker, the Bleak Destroyer? Ye would dare to bargain with a god?
** (219) Morgaul laughs, with amusement **
(221) Git: "If you're offering to bargain... then yes"
(219) Morgaul: Ye have more gall in ye than a halfling with no teeth, little human.
(221) Git: :strolls casually up to the platform, with a grin:
(274) Untamo (enter): 00:41
(221) Git: "Thank you... I guess"
(274) Untamo (exit): 00:41
(275) lauren (enter): 00:41
(219) DM: An intense chill, from beyond the grave greets you as you stride up onto the platform.
(219) DM: (take 1 hp damage)
(223) Agatha: "We told you we weren't afraid of you."
(275) lauren (exit): 00:42
** (221) Git stares at Morgaul studyingly (disblieve) **
(221) Git: Will save: [1d20+1] -> [17,1] = (18)
(221) Git: :feeling the harsh chill, Git hastily hops back:
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [19,1] = (20)
(219) Morgaul: No? Well then, perhaps ye should learn thy place amongst those more wise and knowledgeable than ye!
** (219) Morgaul lunges forward and grasps Git firmly by the wrist, dragging him backward **
(221) Git: "Please, let's not over reac... heckg"
(219) DM: (auto hit)
(221) Git: (no chance to avoid?)
(219) DM: (I rolled a 20)
(221) Git: (damn)
(219) DM: (so no.)
whispering to Git, in addition, make a Fort save. Morgaul is really a ghast.
** (223) Agatha steps in the "god's" way. **
(222) Vrondard: (will act when its his turn)
(221) Git: Fortitude save: [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
(219) DM: (initiative)
(221) Git (whispering): giant ghast?
whispering to Git, no need to disbelieve. the illusion drops when it touches you. just a normal ghast. lots of illusions.
(221) Git: [1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20)
(222) Vrondard: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
(221) Git (whispering): my other hand still free to attack?
(223) Agatha: (axe in hand) "Now see here, we've come all this way for the Crown of Claarsh. The least you could do is be a gratious host."
(219) DM: Suddenly, you see Git stiffen...and then his pallor returns. And then, a sickening stench rolls forward from Morgaul, causing you to heave and clutch your stomachs as you resist the urge to gag.
(223) Agatha: [1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17)
whispering to Git, yes
(221) Git: :cringing in sudden discomfort: "Dammit! more illusions!"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18)
(219) DM: (22, Vrondard)
(221) Git: ((I missed the fort save?)
** (222) Vrondard charges up the stairs looking for the crown **
(219) Garath Tremaine: A bit impetuous, that one. (points to Git) Even though he is a star elf, he has the blood and fire of a halfling babe.
(219) Garath Tremaine: A half-star-elf. Excuse me.
whispering to Git, no, made it
(221) Git (whispering): sorry, got confused with the wording
(219) DM: Barring your way is the figure of Morgaul, who holds Git in one hand, and a shimmering tarnished silver sword that just appeared out of nowhere with the other.
** (222) Vrondard will give him the business end of an axe then **
(266) Sarrim: "Heh...I think, however, he might have succeeded in consorting with that drake you mentioned earlier. I think he could convince the dead to eat.
(266) Sarrim: "
(221) Git (whispering): the sword an illusion? if so I'm I seeing it too or am I still good?)
(219) Morgaul: Are ye prepared to sacrifice yourself for your companion, or shall ye take the crown and leave me his corpse as payment?
whispering to Git, an illusion
(222) Vrondard: "neither... I'll leave you yer own corpse and take the crown"
(219) Morgaul: Spoken like a dead fool.
(219) DM: (hit when ready)
(223) Agatha: "How about you release our friend and let us pass unhindered before we send ya back to the pit ye came from."
(219) Morgaul: (chuckles malevolently)
** (221) Git doesn't look all too frightened, calling out to Vronard if he can hear, "For the love of- it's just more illusions. I wonder if he's even the real Morgaul" **
(222) Vrondard: "gol dang it"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+1] -> [1,1] = (2)
whispering to Git, take 4 points from initial claw attack
(221) Git (whispering): he hit me or from the grasp?
whispering to Git, grasp
(221) Git: "Urgh..." :groans in pain from his wrist:
(219) DM: (22, Vrondard)
** (222) Vrondard attacks **
(222) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+2+3+1] -> [18,2,3,1] = (24) Critical on Natural 20
** (221) Git strays a hand toward his dagger(waiting for turn) as he glances to vronard **
(219) DM: (hit)
(222) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+3+1] -> [9,3,1] = (13) damage
(222) Vrondard: "garrr"
(278) lauren (enter): 00:57
(278) lauren (exit): 00:57
(219) DM: Morgaul uses Git to absorb some of your damage.
(221) Git: (eh?)
(219) DM: It turns, using your hapless companion as a shock absorber to reduce the impact of your attack, chuckling malevolently all the while.
(219) Morgaul: Ye have it in your power to avoid his death. Continue at your peril.
(279) Draithe v 1.4 (enter): 00:59
(221) Git: (I can't avoid being a shield in anyway?)
(219) DM: (seriously wounded.) (deal 4 damage to Git)
(223) Agatha: "This is your last warning. Release the lad. I cannae be responsible for the consequences if you don't."
whispering to Git, you can try to break free if you wish
(219) Morgaul: Morgaul does not bargain with live ones.
(223) Agatha: (disbelief)
(223) Agatha: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
(221) Git: :GIt cringes one more in pain:
(279) Draithe v 1.4 (exit): 01:00
(219) Morgaul: Morgaul prefers to slay them, and slay you I shall.
whispering to Agatha, a ghast
whispering to Git, Strength check will do it
** (223) Agatha grits her teeth as a low growl works its way out of her throat. **
(223) Agatha: "So be it."
(219) DM: (20, Git)
** (221) Git gives an uncharacteristically feral grunt as he grabs out his dagger and lunges back under Morgaul's arm, trying to twist his arm free while slipping to a flanking position to stab for the fiends back. **
(221) Git: str: [1d20] -> [16] = (16)
whispering to Git, free
(221) Git: Ceremonial Dagger(Flanking Sneak) (base): [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d4+1+1d6] -> [4,1,4] = (9)
(219) Morgaul: Eh...?
(219) DM: (miss)
(219) DM: (18, Morgaul)
(221) Git: (but at least I'm free, and flanking ugly)
(219) Morgaul: Live ones! No more warnings!
** (219) Morgaul lunges at Git **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19), [1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17), [1d20+1] -> [13,1] = (14)
(221) Git: "How bout just one more warning. I'm really starting to like them!" :grits his teeth as the attack comes:
(219) DM: (AC 19, 17 and 14)
(221) Git: (hit hit, miss, thow I think the first 2 pretty well got me anyway)
(223) Agatha: (that's it I'm raging)
whispering to Git, 2 fort saves
(221) Git: Fortitude save: [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
(221) Git: Fortitude save: [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
(221) Git: (that's nice, though I think the damage kills me regrdless)
(223) Agatha: (nice)
(223) Agatha: (Only a -10 would kill you outright.)
(219) DM: Morgaul steps forward and plucks Git from the floor, leans forward and takes a bite out of his sword arm, making crunching noises and swallowing with relish.
(223) Agatha: "Why...you BASTARD!"
(219) Morgaul: Ye would think for one such as I, that ye would flee before my magnificence. Ye will learn to beg for mercy, live one.
** (221) Git cries out in anguish as his flesh is rendered and devoured **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+1] -> [1,1] = (2), [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3)
whispering to Git, 5
** (219) Morgaul tosses Git to the floor, and waits **
(221) Git (whispering): which makes it -2
(219) Morgaul: (17, Agatha)
(266) Sarrim: "Though I realize this is all a game...The fiends of that dungeon are spawn of the Hell."
whispering to Git, you appear in the audience chamber
** (221) Git slumps into a nice tidy pile **
(219) Garath Tremaine: And then there were two.
(222) Vrondard: ((there a crown around here?))
(223) Agatha: "You're no god! You're just a weakling draped in shadows!"
whispering to Vrondard, (Not that you can see.)
(219) Garath Tremaine: Oh look. More venturers. Excuse me.
** (223) Agatha lets loose a feral roar as she leaps upon the ghast. **
(219) DM: 5 min brb
(222) Vrondard: ok
(221) Git (whispering): glances around anxiously before realizing where he is, "Oh come on... I was still in it. I had a healing potion on me, I could've gotten back on my feet"
(223) Agatha: [1d20+8] -> [2,8] = (10)
(223) Agatha: (you've gotta be kidding me. I may have to use a kharma point.)
(223) Agatha: (I never do use those things.)
(260) Brok (exit): 01:12
(221) Git: (it occurs to me that I realy should have grabbed Sam's spark sword off his body before continuing)
(222) Vrondard: ha
(266) Sarrim: (Mayhap, but now you can borrow the one I have with me, =) )
(221) Git: (not much help now)
(280) Brok (enter): 01:14
(219) DM: (back)
(223) Agatha: (I'm going to use a kharma point to reroll my attack)
whispering to Git, yes but -2 = dead in the game, not the real game of course
(221) Git (whispering): maybe, but he's still annoyed
whispering to Brok, interested in playing?
(266) Sarrim: (If you use a kharma, don't you get an auto-hit?)
(281) Knave (enter): 01:16
(221) Git: (reroll)
(219) DM: (no)
(266) Sarrim: (Ah)
(223) Agatha: [1d20+8] -> [14,8] = (22)
(281) Knave (exit): 01:17
(219) DM: (in any event, I believe it's Vron's turn)
(219) DM: (strike that)
(280) Brok (whispering): maybe been enjoying watching the game progress
(221) Git: (and worth it... I gotta start using those)
(219) DM: (hit, of course)
whispering to Brok, sit back and relax then
(223) Agatha: [1d12+6] -> [11,6] = (17)
(266) Sarrim: (Damn!
(266) Sarrim: )
(219) DM: (critically wounded)
(223) Agatha: "Tell your god we said 'Hello'."
** (219) Garath Tremaine welcomes the other adventuring groups to the audience chamber and comforts them. Alicius, lead them to the other observation chamber. **
(219) Alicius Krendath: Certainly, Magister. This way. Master Sarrim and Master Aragit, please, remain.
** (219) Alicius Krendath leaves the chamber, with several adventurers following her and staring at Sarrim and Git with open mouthed envy. **
** (221) Git gives the mage a quick nod as he strolls up beside Sarrim, offering, "Well, you look better" **
(219) DM: (22, Vrondard)
** (222) Vrondard rages and whacks as well **
(222) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Attack (rage/charge/flank):
Vrondard attacks with his Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+2+3+1+2] -> [17,2,3,1,2] = (25) Critical on Natural 20
(223) Agatha: (You have barbarian levels?)
(266) Sarrim: "Feel a bit better too...It's like that priest just drained the life from me with each strike...Of course...He did, but..."
(222) Vrondard: Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+3+1] -> [10,3,1] = (14) damage
(222) Vrondard: (yep)
(222) Vrondard: (actually that 16 damage)
(221) Git: "Yeah, this whole sudden dying thing's a lotta fun. Gotta do it again some time"
** (222) Vrondard has a bit of uncontrolled anger in him **
(222) Vrondard: and lets it out on the thing
(266) Sarrim: "Minus the eating of your arm, I assume?"
(221) Git: "Obviously..." :staring into the scrying device to see their remaining teammates, "Think they'll make it?"
(219) DM: Morgaul dies...and when he does, its appearance is revealed to be that of a ghast.
(266) Sarrim: "Think? No...The odds are far too stacked against them. But I believe they'll make it."
(222) Vrondard: "mother of coal"
(219) Garath Tremaine: They might, if they are not led astray. (chuckles)
(222) Vrondard: "where is the darn crown?"
** (221) Git gives Sam a curious look before shrugging. "Good to hear. I just hope they don't do something stupid" **
** (223) Agatha hacks away at the remains for a bit while the rage quickly dies down. **
(219) Garath Tremaine: And that one (pointing to Agatha) reminds me of Melisana. Right down to the skill with swords and the temper. I wonder....?
(221) Git: "Who now?"
(219) Garath Tremaine: No, it couldn't be. (She's not old enough to be her daughter. (mutters))
** (223) Agatha kneels down breathing heavily, her axe beside her. **
(221) Git: "I don't know. The Ol gal does have a few years on her"
(223) Agatha: "How are you doing, Vrondard?"
** (219) Garath Tremaine seems absent minded **
(222) Vrondard: "I'm great"
(222) Vrondard: "why dont you rest here and ill find this dumb crown"
(266) Sarrim: "Just don't say that to her face...Who was Melisana, anyway?"
(223) Agatha: "Nae, I'm fine. Just a little winded."
(219) DM: The platform is all that remains before you now, and the closed crystalline doors. In a moment, the remains of the ghast disintegrate, and then scatter to the wind.
(223) Agatha: "Besides, we have to stick together."
(222) Vrondard: "think its back in that chest thing?"
(222) Vrondard: "too bad Git didnt find something about it"
** (223) Agatha solemnly looks at Git. **
(219) Garath Tremaine: Eh? Oh, she was a Cyradian warrior I had the pleasure of meeting a long time ago. She and I had a parting of ways, you might say.
(222) Vrondard: "or should we go thru these doors"
(222) Vrondard: "these seem to be familiar"
(222) Vrondard: "i think the game maybe at its end if we go thru them"
** (266) Sarrim nods. **
(223) Agatha: "They wouldn't put up such a fight if we weren't close to something."
(222) Vrondard: "ok so we go thru"
(221) Git: "Aaawww... old flame of yours boyo?" :asks of Tremaine while staring into the dungeon scene scoping for what his comrades' next move should be:
(223) Agatha: "Either the crown or the chest."
(222) Vrondard: "we had funn bashing these things anyway"
(223) Agatha: "It wouldn't hurt to check the chest."
** (222) Vrondard goes back with Agatha and V checks the chest **
(222) Vrondard: (she being in no condition for a nasty surprise)
(219) Garath Tremaine: Ays, before she got corrupted.
(223) Agatha: "Keep your wits about you. If either of us goes down now, we're done for.
** (219) Garath Tremaine seems lost in thought. **
(222) Vrondard: "well if this goes bad then we did our best"
(221) Git: "Corrupted? In a bad way or a good way?" :jokes though he knows it's dark topic:
(219) DM: The casket sank into the floor, remember?
(219) Garath Tremaine: In a perilous way.
(222) Vrondard: "you stay here and close this here door"
(222) Vrondard: "maybe the thingy will rise when that happens"
(222) Vrondard: "ill search if it does"
** (223) Agatha nods. **
(222) Vrondard: "and you can open the door from that side at any rate"
(222) Vrondard: (so im in casket platform)
(222) Vrondard: (agatha is in hall)
(219) DM: ok
** (223) Agatha heads a little way down the path. **
(222) Vrondard: (she closes the door)
(222) Vrondard: (Vrondard waits)
(219) DM: Nothing happens, for a minute.
(219) DM: Then, rumbling begins, as the room in which Vrondard is in begins to shake...
(223) Agatha: "Y'know if nothin' else, I'll bet no one else got this far."
(223) Agatha: "That's gotta be worth somehting."
(222) Vrondard: "hmmm well thats not what i was expecting"
(219) DM: Where Agatha is, the ceiling is trembling and the cliffside is shaking, as stalactites begin falling
(222) Vrondard: "did Git say something about this thing"
(222) Vrondard: ((git said that he did))
(219) DM: (Where is Agatha? On the other side where the river is?)
(222) Vrondard: (she is at the S of the secret door or nearby from my perspective)
(222) Vrondard: ((and my planning))
(289) bb99 (enter): 01:37
(280) Brok (whispering): been fun watching but gotta go
(219) DM: ok. Then where she is, she can spot that the corridor leading to the stairs is shaking and trembling.
(280) Brok (exit): 01:37
(219) DM: The casket does not rise.
(223) Agatha: [1d6+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
(223) Agatha: "This doesn't look Vrondard. We need to get out of here now."
(223) Agatha: doesn't look good*
(222) Vrondard: ((did Git provide any insite about the casket pre-mortum?))
(219) DM: (nope)
(223) Agatha: (scratch the dice roll. The italic button appears where d6 should be.)
(221) Git: (yes, last session, I said that it had a back door)
(222) Vrondard: "alright.. we have to go then" (beyond any rememberance of the above)
(223) Agatha: (wait. So do we have the crown or did we just reveal a path and another trap?)
(222) Vrondard: (neither on both from my perspective)
(219) DM: (no crown and the entire complex is comiing apart at the seams -- yes on a trap)
(219) DM: The only possible way out is up the stairs and through the doors.
** (222) Vrondard will dash with Agatha thru the cutsy crystal doors beyond tehir last fight **
(219) DM: You make a mad dash for the crystal doors, avoiding rocks and falling stalactites as the causeway disintegrates literally behind you, falling onto the river below
(222) Vrondard: "maybe we were supposed to rip out his dental work before killing im"
(219) DM: The doors open to reveal a circular chamber. On a pedestal inside the chamber is a closed silver casket. Beyond is another pair of crystalline doors which stand closed.
(222) Vrondard: "only crown we ever ran into..."
(297) Dirkar (enter): 01:47
(221) Git: (hehe)
(222) Vrondard: "bah here it must be"
(223) Agatha: "Let's check the casket. If it's another ghast, we run."
** (221) Git grumbles at the image, "Come on crown, be there" **
(266) Sarrim: "Indeed"
** (219) Garath Tremaine smiles gently **
(222) Vrondard: "maybe... you make it thru the door"
(222) Vrondard: "Ill check this thing"
(222) Vrondard: "we all win if one of us makes it and that be you I be thinking"
(222) Vrondard: "if i make it with the crown... then it be an even bigger win"
(222) Vrondard: "tis only a game really in the end"
(221) Git: "Man I hope the real Morgaul aint in there and feeling lively"
(223) Agatha: "Good luck, then. See you on the other side."
** (222) Vrondard waits for her to be near the door and then checks the casket **
(297) Dirkar (exit): 01:50
(266) Sarrim: "I'll bet you he is. In fact, I don't doubt he's spelled up your arm to play a fiddle."
(219) DM: It seems to be unlocked.
** (266) Sarrim grins at Git. **
** (222) Vrondard opens it **
(221) Git: "What? are you talking about now? Am I in another illusion?" (disbelieve)
(221) Git: Will save: [1d20+1] -> [17,1] = (18)
(219) DM: Inside is a gleaming golden circlet.
(221) Git: (hehe)
** (223) Agatha checks the door. **
** (266) Sarrim gives a shout of joy. **
** (222) Vrondard grabs it **
whispering to Agatha, no traps
(266) Sarrim: "Excellent work...If only they could hear me."
** (221) Git cries out happily, jumping up and down. **
(219) DM: Suddenly, Vron and Agatha appear in the audience chamber
(221) Git: "Thank you Morgaul!"
(219) Garath Tremaine: Well done indeed. Well done, well done.
(219) Garath Tremaine: Listen carefully. Ye now have three choices:
(222) Vrondard: "gol... durn magic agin"
(223) Agatha: "Sarrim, Git. Good to see you both breathing."
** (221) Git offers a thumbs up to the successful adventurers, "Nice work!" **
(266) Sarrim: "Splendid work, you two. And aye, it is good to be breathing."
(219) Garath Tremaine: Ye have won the trial of the Crown of Claarsh. Ye may rest on your laurels and win this game. Ye may proceed to the trial of the Wooden Mouse. Or, ye may rest on your laurels and aspire to greater heights, and true heroism.
(222) Vrondard: "aye good to see you not dead"
(221) Git: :stares at Tremaine: "The wooden mouse already?"
(266) Sarrim: "True heroism...A feat so many aspire to...To help the people..."
(223) Agatha: "And typically certain death."
(222) Vrondard: "I'm ready for the next thing"
(219) Garath Tremaine: In any event, ye have an invitation to the Royal Ball, to be held at the end of the celebrations. And ye have an invitation to the Feast of Crowns, to be held in three days time.
(221) Git: :waves a humoring hand to Sarrim: "uj.. yeah, yeah, heroism great... " :turns back to Tremaine: "So are we the defined winners of the Claarsh event? or do we still have to await results?"
(223) Agatha: "And I don't think this time we'd just pop up in a sitting room."
(222) Vrondard: "except for none of me enemies being real this was a hoot"
(219) Garath Tremaine: Ye are the defined winners of this event.
(219) Garath Tremaine: (grows serious)
(221) Git: "Splendid. When do we claim the reward?"
(266) Sarrim: "The Gods decide the length of our lives...We could die at any time, afor any reason...I'd rather fall knowing my reason was one so honorable..."
(219) Garath Tremaine: However, I am offering ye a chance to work for the Crown if ye are interested.
** (221) Git casts a curiously raised brow back to the paladin, before looking back to the magister **
** (219) Garath Tremaine holds up his hand. **
(221) Git: "Uh... we work for Crowns... not the crown"
(222) Vrondard: "I dont mind falling as long as its on me enemies corpse first"
(219) Garath Tremaine: Your reward will be forthcoming momentarily. Before I hand ye your prize, I would hear if ye would be interested in a greater work, but with greater peril, and not a game.
** (266) Sarrim turns to his group. "Think about it...We'd each be satisfied. We'd be well paid...We'd have no shortage of action...And the people you could help." **
(221) Git: :turns back to Sarrim: "And exactly what kind of work did he tell you to expect?"
(266) Sarrim: "Dangerous work, worthy of a speaker of your skills."
** (219) Garath Tremaine falls closemouthed and sits back on the diamond throne. **
(221) Git: "I speaker seeks listeners, not combatants"
(221) Git: :looks up to Tremaine: "What kind of work is this?"
(222) Vrondard: "I'm probably up fer it as long as it dont hurt any dwarves and lets me cut into some ugly nasties"
(219) Garath Tremaine: Ye do not know of this task, 'tis true. Ye may find that 'tis not to your liking. And ye have already shown a preference for crowns. (with disdain)
** (221) Git gives a shrug to the Magister's obvious distaste, "Sorry to disappoint, but this is a job after all. I do it to earn payment, not alliegance" **
** (266) Sarrim gives and slightly pained and slightly exasperated expression to Git. **
(219) Garath Tremaine: Very well, then. I am asking not as the Magister of the Diamond Citadel, but rather as an advisor to His Majesty, the King of Wylund. 'Tis a matter of extreme importance and great delicacy and would result in satisfactory payment should ye desire it.
(223) Agatha: "Hmm...Well if the payment is equals the risk, then my axe is yours."
(219) Garath Tremaine: If crowns ye wish, then crowns ye will have. But know this, this work is not a game, and ye cannot speak of it to anyone once ye accept.
(221) Git: :gives Tremaine a nod: "Thank you for that condsideration. However, regardless of the money involved I must ask why disassociates such as ourselves would be given such a task over those already loyal to the crown and capable"
(221) Git: "Trust me, I know how to keep secrets" :gives a wink, recalling how his mind was probed before entering the contest:
(219) Garath Tremaine: Because ye are an unknown quantity. Ye have not yet formally proclaimed your titles and company name to the Kingdom, and so are not known to those who keep track of such information.
(221) Git: "And if I may be so bold, who are these people you wish us to .... deal with?"
(219) Garath Tremaine: None of ye are known to many...with the possible exception of ye. (points sternly to Git)
** (221) Git points to him self ponderously. **
(219) Garath Tremaine: I shall not divulge details until I have your acquiescence.
(223) Agatha: "Such secrecy. This really is a big deal.
(219) DM: (OC: has anyone besides Lunauc read the citadel log?)
(266) Sarrim: (Probably not me, =) )
(222) Vrondard: i havent
(221) Git: "And I cannot give my acquiescence without knowing the task I agree to." :staring sternly at the Magister: "Let's just say, I've learned not to let myself be used"
(221) Git: (diplomacy check?)
(219) DM: (OC: the first chance you get, read the log, so you know what the room looks like. the sight alone of so many gems makes Vrondard's jaw drop with uncontrollable drool)
whispering to Git, if you want
(221) Git: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16)
(219) Garath Tremaine: Suit yourself. I do not "use" people.
(222) Vrondard: "I'm in" making his final decision
(219) Garath Tremaine: Perhaps 'tis you who recognizes in himself that which he despises?
** (221) Git gives the Magister a bow of his head, "Sorry, I do not mean to offend. Though you take these business issues to far and expect me to feel too much sympathy on so little evidence. It is simply my way. Please respect that" **
** (219) Garath Tremaine simply nods, waiting expectantly. **
** (266) Sarrim kneels to Garath, and draws his sword, offering it. **
(266) Sarrim: "To further the goals of my Goddess, and preservation of civilization and its trades, and to aid the kingdom of Wylund...I do hereby swear my sword to this cause, and any other that is of equal virtue, as deigned by Wylund."
(221) Git: :letting out a calming breath: "Alright. I accept for the duration of your explanation, if anything sounds awry though, I will turn you down. Agreed?"
(219) Garath Tremaine: I have not taken anything at all. I am merely making a proposal with the hint of great reward and great peril. I offer no guarantees and no information until I have your acquiescence. Surely a businessperson such as yourself understands that.
(219) DM: His tone takes on a different demeanor.
(221) Git: "And as a business man, I know to check the goods before I buy them"
** (219) Garath Tremaine shrugs. **
** (222) Vrondard waits for all this human yapping if done with with partial patience **
(219) Garath Tremaine: I'm sure His Majesty will be pleased to know that he has in his employ a former member of the Network, Follan Serrias or whatever it is that ye call yourself these days.
(223) Agatha: "What?"
** (266) Sarrim looks thunderstruck...And croaks out... "Git...You....You were a thief?" **
(223) Agatha: "Is this true?"
** (219) Garath Tremaine smirks. **
** (221) Git gives a shrug. "Oh sure, keep all the secrets you like, but why respect another's confidentiality?" **
** (221) Git stares up at Tremaine: "Just can't trust a man like that..." **
(219) Garath Tremaine: Indeed. I could if I wanted to, speak a word, but I shall not. Here then, is His Majesty's request:
(221) Git: :looking amongst his comrades: "Oh come, on don't look so surprised"
(222) Vrondard: "I aint... never said you were or weren't a thief but you acted like one"
(222) Vrondard: "Though you musta been sought after in a bad way ifn yer changed yer name"
(222) Vrondard: "which I'm sure yer relatives don't like none... but thats fer them to decide not me"
** (266) Sarrim just hangs his head, quietly. **
(222) Vrondard: "If you soiled the Trialstone them... then we'd be avin issues"
** (221) Git hushes the dwarf, while awaiting the Magister's explanation. **
(222) Vrondard: (Trailstone)
(219) Garath Tremaine: Come ye to the inn known as the Riven Tower at moonrise this evening. When asked by the doorkeeper, say that ye are the Company of the Mercenary Sept. Do not speak of why you are there to ANYONE. Ye shall be shown to a private room. Wait there for the span of the turning of a glass twice over (OC: one hour). If no one comes knocking on the door during that time, make your leave. A messenger shall seek ye out on the morrow with different instructions. Payment for your time shall be made if ye have no visitors tonight.
(219) Garath Tremaine: The Riven Tower can be found on Merchant's Corner in the Fendian Ward.
(221) Git: "Then we do not get our actual orders until the messenger comes?"
(219) Garath Tremaine: Secrecy is of the utmost importance. By hearing these words, ye have accepted the first condition of the contract. This is a test to determine if ye can be trusted. As a businessperson, I too have learned not to be used.
(219) Garath Tremaine: Ye will find out what else is to come if that knock comes tonight.
(303) Kalik (enter): 02:31
(222) Vrondard: "fine wid me... I can keep a secret"
(221) Git: "And what if we should not agree with the orders we are given?"
** (219) Garath Tremaine shrugs **
(303) Kalik (whispering): you GM?
(303) Kalik (whispering): DM even
(219) Garath Tremaine: What indeed? Do what ye must, whatever that may be.
whispering to Kalik, yes
** (221) Git gives the Magister a nod, "I will do what I feel is right, no more, no less" **
(303) Kalik (whispering): is it possible I could join at some point?
whispering to Kalik, no
whispering to Kalik, not unless you sit in during an entire session and let me know if the style is to your liking
whispering to Kalik, otherwise there's no point in continuing
(303) Kalik (whispering): alright cool
(219) Garath Tremaine: I trust that ye will. That is why I have asked ye, thief or no thief. (smiling gently)
(303) Kalik (whispering): yeah I'll check it out
(219) Garath Tremaine: (grows serious)
(219) Garath Tremaine: Each of ye have talents that are seemingly disparate.
(221) Git: "Very well then... just stop calling me a thief. I haven't stolen anything in over a year"
(219) Garath Tremaine: Ye, Folan Serrias, or whatever thy name is these days, are a jack of disguises and a master of fools. (chuckles) Ye suffer no fools to trifle with ye is what I mean.
(221) Git: "Thank you for the praise, oh one of unnecessairly glowing throne, and the name is Git"
(219) Garath Tremaine: And ye, Sarrim, are a knight of deeds more than a knight of words, a worthy servant of the Mistress of Art, of arts and of ideas. Your service is valued, but as I said earlier, not for me but for the idea of having ideas. I shall clarify this in a moment.
(221) Git: :looking baffled: "Please do..."
(219) Garath Tremaine: And ye, Vrondard Trailstone, of the clan under the mountain, with an axe sharper than that of a split donkey's hair, have more spirit and fire in ye than a bladedancer's wife on a bed of hot coals.
(222) Vrondard: "aye ya think so?"
(219) Garath Tremaine: And ye, Mistress Agatha, your temper and temperament, and skill with swords speaks for itself and needs not me to speak well of their owner.
(303) Kalik (exit): 02:43
(266) Sarrim: (Each word chosen with care for Agatha, like fine coffee beans, =) )
(219) Garath Tremaine: And there are others with thee, who have their own skills to contribute, though they are not here. I speak of course of the plainsboy of Lalvensalenil, and thy friend, the elven ranger. Ays, we have spied on ye from the moment ye left Highkeep till now.
(223) Agatha: (Damn straight. Magister or not, he'd have gotten face smacked around the hall.)
(221) Git: :cocks his head at news they were being watched so closelt: "Lovely...."
(219) Garath Tremaine: I cannot speak much of the task at hand, but know this: much is afoot in the Kingdom that threatens the good of all in these lands. There are those who would seek to enslave others to do their bidding. It is of these, such scum of this land, that I speak. Slavers. His Majesty asks that ye enter his service to prevent their spread from the source.
(221) Git: (elven ranger?)
(219) Garath Tremaine: (Isilar)
(221) Git: (is he an active player?)
(219) Garath Tremaine: (NPC)
(223) Agatha: (NPC)
(221) Git: (ok....)
(289) bb99 (exit): 02:48
(221) Git: :gives a minor snort: "Back to such work..."
(219) Garath Tremaine: Ye have been watched and spied upon, and for that, I in my capacity as an advisor to the King, deeply apologize, but it was necessary for ye have been in the company of one who greatly desires the end of the House of Falconedge and the death of the Kingdom.
(221) Git: "Right Jenna, figured as much. Don't suppose you bothered to keep spying her?"
(219) Garath Tremaine: It was necessary for us to observe ye, "us" meaning Isilar and others in Tolmara, to observe ye from afar and determine what ye were and why ye were about.
** (219) Garath Tremaine frowns. **
(221) Git: "I'll tke that as a no"
(219) Garath Tremaine: She escaped our detection when the snowstorm struck.
(266) Sarrim: (Argh...I'm gonna have to go guys.)
** (223) Agatha snorts. "Figures." **
(219) DM: (ok. read the citadel log pls)
(266) Sarrim: (Good luck, see ya next week.)
(266) Sarrim: (Will do)
(266) Sarrim: Disconnecting from server...
(266) Sarrim (exit): 02:52
(221) Git: "Fine then, we leave her to you and yours. As for us, I suppose we have dinner plans for the evening. Will there be anything else?"
(219) Garath Tremaine: So now ye have the truth of things. The scope of this problem shall be revealed to ye in due time. And whether ye shall accept or decline, that is up to ye. There is naught I can do to force ye, and I shall not force ye to choose. The choice, as ever, must come from ye.
(222) Vrondard: "aye... never liked that gurl anyhoo"
(219) Garath Tremaine: Your prizes, did ye not want them? (chuckling)
(221) Git: :giving a snicker: "Of course. I meant besides that"
** (223) Agatha smirks. "I was wondering when we'd get to that." **
(221) Git: (btw.. the magic items we got from the sack are gone now, right?)
(219) Garath Tremaine: Oh, mmmm, nothing that I can think of at the moment. Oh yes, did ye want to advance to the Wooden Mouse or rest on your laurels?
(219) DM: (yes)
(221) Git: "Well, if we have time til the meeting, I suppose the wooden mouse deserves a run"
(222) Vrondard: "yeah I think so... unless winning it will make us too noteworthy"
(223) Agatha: "Well, after dealing with all these ghosts, I feel ready for anything."
(219) Garath Tremaine: Very well then
(219) Garath Tremaine: Your prizes shall be paid to ye upon completion of the second trial.
(221) Git: "Splendid"
(219) Garath Tremaine: Both, or one of them in any event.
(222) Vrondard: "thats fine"
(219) DM: (And on that note, we'll stop. next session will be the wooden mouse)
(219) DM: (A hint: Git will be front and center next session)
(221) Git: goody. can't wait
(219) DM: (Another hint: This scenario will make full use of his time with the Network)
(221) Git: yessir!


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms