Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
6 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
4 Guests
Registered Users: BennyKep, Maraweild


Back to Tolmara Logs
(3) Kha: (( is the Wall of Fire still around

(3) Kha: (( is the Wall of Fire still around? ))
(16) DM: ((it's burnt out))
(24) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 22:09
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (24) Dj Gilcrease...
(16) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(3) Dj Gilcrease' from room...
(3) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 22:10
(24) Dj Gilcrease: (( orpg locked right after I asked, but is the Wall of Fire still around? ))
(20) Agatha: ((burned out))
** (21) Git looks to Kha, @Any idea what they're chanting about **
(21) Git: [email protected]
** (24) Kha goes to the door and listens **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] => [17,14] = (31)
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, you think it might be hymns of some sort but you really can't be sure due to the density of the stone
(24) Kha: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [12,7] = (19)
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, a chant dedicated to Talakara, the Goddess.
(24) Kha: "Thry are chanting a hymm to Talakara, the Goddess"
(21) Git: "Oh.. how precious..."
(24) Kha: "The door clean?"
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, yes actually
(21) Git: (I forget, did I check the door already?)
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, though you can barely make it out in the darkened room
(16) DM: (yes you did)
(16) DM: (and it's not trapped, though it is locked and you've unlocked it.)
** (21) Git nods, and moves to the cloaks on the wall, taking one down and trying it on. "Shall we join them in prayer?" **
(16) DM: It's rather oversized as the sleeves don't fit him.
(24) Kha: "Didnt think you were the religious type, but sounds fun." ** follows Gits lead and pouts on one of the cloaks as well **
** (20) Agatha lifts Bar'eth-el to a ready stance. **
** (21) Git tosses Aggy a cloak **
(17) Saradar: Let's let the Tenacles play with them, they should be quickly subdued if they are regular priests
whispering to Gautam, I can't remember if the sword exhibits anything special. my recollection is no.
(20) Agatha: "Wouldn't fool 'em for a second. Let's just cut through them and keep going."
(21) Git: "All we need is a second to get close enough."
** (24) Kha shrugs and heads though the door while the others argue tactics **
(17) Saradar: Sure, why not
** (17) Saradar puts on a cloak and then places one over skelly **
(16) DM: It seems to fit the walking boneling quite right.
(21) Git: :to Saradar: "They do strike us the moment enter, pop up the tentacles on them as plan B."
(17) Saradar: Sure
** (24) Kha listens as he enters and attempts to pick up and chant the hymm where there are **
** (20) Agatha reluctantly puts on the robe. "But this color looks dreadful on me." **
** (21) Git hurries to catch up with Kha, before he starts the fight much to early. "We go together to overwhelm, not one at a time to be picked off." **
** (21) Git draws double daggers before entering, concealing them in the oversized sleeves of the cloak **
(16) Voice: "Oh, Goddess, I am an unworthy sight in your eyes. May it please the darkness in which you reside as you extend your grip over the people of the Land..."
(16) Voice: "O Goddess, we supplicate ourselves so that we may ascend to new heights in Your gracious embrace. With this sweet blade, our lives are our sheath..."
(21) Git: (how many are there?)
** (20) Agatha steps through the door sideways behind Git, trying her best to conceal her greataxe behind her. **
** (24) Kha tries to sound like he is chanting along with them as he moves to looke like he fits in with the other chanters **
(16) DM: (4)
(16) DM: (all appear to be human, all in a kneeling position. but that's not what draws your attention.)
(16) DM: As you step through the door, you enter a curving, brightly lit canyon that is a pleasant change from the harsh stone walls elsewhere in Caer Thorne. There is white sand and dark silt underfoot, carried along by recent rains. The walls themselves are a light-orange brown, a sharp contrast to the velvet blue sky overhead. There is little vegetation here, only a few bushes off to your left.
(16) DM: Supplicants in dark robes, much like yourselves, kneel in abject despair, chanting up to an unseen deity. They take no notice of you, so deep in concentration are they.
** (24) Kha lets Git catch up and breaks his chanting to whisper "This would be too easy" **
** (21) Git gestures to Kha and Aggy to fan out and pick their targets, as they move in on the worshippers, listening to their chanting, ready to attack if he must. **
(21) Git: (is their a statue or altar or such they are praying too?)
(16) DM: (nope)
(16) DM: Overhead, a pair of vultures circle above you.
** (24) Kha walks up behind the closest chanter and grabs him, covering his mouth and tries to drag him back though the door they entered **
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, it's a child, barely 16
(16) Chanter: "Mmmf!!--"
** (24) Kha waits to see if the others will follow him before closing the door and releasing the child **
** (21) Git stares at the transfixed figures curiously, barely raising a brow at Kha's abduction attempt, and watching the others for response **
** (20) Agatha stops in her approach to observe the response, if any. **
(16) DM: The rest continue their self-abasement and don't seem to notice you....yet.
(16) DM: After a while, they rise as one and file off down the canyon, as if in a trance.
** (20) Agatha lowers her axe in confusion and looks at Kha's captive. **
** (21) Git watches the worshippers rise, and calls back, "We're mobile." **
** (24) Kha shuts the door and releases the captive after the others have filed out "Nice of you to join us, we have some questions." **
** (21) Git takes out a sap, and moves up behind the last worshipper in line, and swatting the back of his skull to knock him out. **
(21) Git: Sap(sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+6] => [4,6] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d6+3d6+0] => [4,1,3,4,0] = (12)
** (17) Saradar readies to cast Evards if the group notices **
(21) Git: (well.. no armor, from behind in a trance... maybe..)
(16) DM: They continue on down the canyon, as if in a trance and raise their arms overhead as if in supplication.
(16) DM: It's a child, barely ten and six years.
(16) DM: He collapses to the ground, out cold.
** (20) Agatha examines the boy quickly. **
** (21) Git moves to teh next in line to swat out. **
(21) Git: Sap(sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+6] => [1,6] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d6+3d6+0] => [4,6,5,5,0] = (20)
(20) Agatha: ((assuming you meant the KO was on the kid.))
(16) DM: Human (or so he appears to be), barely nourished and with a shaved head. Heavily tattooed, especially on his face and arms. He has a wild, dangerous look about him, almost feral.
(16) DM: ((yes))
** (21) Git readjusts the sleeve his arm is swimming in and swats for choir boy number 2 **
(21) Git: Sap(sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+6] => [2,6] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d6+3d6+0] => [3,6,4,6,0] = (19)
(21) Git: (yeesh, lets hope I don't roll like this all night)
(17) Saradar: (( good thing you are getting these rolls out on these guys ))
(25) CondorDM (enter): 22:48
(25) CondorDM (exit): 22:49
** (21) Git takes a second to rol up the sleeve, move in again and.. **
(21) Git: Sap(sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+6] => [9,6] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d6+3d6+0] => [1,6,1,6,0] = (14)
(24) Kha: "How long have you been a worshiper of the Goddess?" ** asks the captive he draged back **
(16) DM: He tries to bite your hand.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] => [20] = (20)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] => [6] = (6)
** (24) Kha slaps him "None of that, I want to know about the Goddess" **
(16) DM: He continues screaming and begins to struggle violently. You can't make out what he's saying. There's also the sound of running feet.
(21) Git: :groans: "Kha..."
(24) Kha: (( Kha is in room 36 with the door shut ))
** (21) Git hurries to swat out the last hoody **
(21) Git: Sap(sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+6] => [6,6] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+3d6+0] => [3,3,3,5,0] = (14)
** (20) Agatha leaves Git to handle the last one and heads in Kha's direction. **
(16) DM: The worshippers suddenly break out of their trance and realizing that they're being attacked, quickly turn on Git. They seem to be children....
(16) DM: (well one worshipper does)
(21) Git: :to Aggy and Saradar: "Grab the hoodies and hide them back in the room, preferably before the company [email protected]
** (17) Saradar grabs one of the hooded children that has been sapped and drags the body back to room 36 **
(16) DM: ...and just before he can shout in response, he crumples to the floor.
** (24) Kha goes and regags the boy "I do actualy want to know about the Goddess, not so I can try to hurt her, but just because I do." **
** (21) Git grabs the kid before he hits the floor and drags him back toward 36: "Sorry kid, but you're hanging out with the wrong crowd." **
(16) DM:
He's unconscious.
** (20) Agatha doubles back to throw a snoozing worshipper over her shoulder and and heads back. **
(16) DM:
It's quite a jarring sight, stepping back from a wilderness canyon in the midst of a desert, into a cloakroom in the depths of Caer Thorne.
(85) Agatha: "I haven't seen the lad wander out and I don't hear any sounds of big angry trouble, so probably."
(93) DM: (and he's not I believe)
(85) Agatha: ((I stand by my reasoning =P ))
(93) DM: (what's going on guys?)
** (85) Agatha looks to Git. "You go up, I go down?" **
(85) Agatha: ((referring to the stairs))
(99) Saradar: Let's not split the group, why don't we wait for Kha?
(111) Lunauc: :sighs:"And leave the sleepers in there unguarded?"
** (112) Dj Gilcrease finishes fixing the last of the captives and looks around ((Not sure if the others are still in the room or not)) **
** (112) Kha finishes fixing the last of the captives and looks around ((Not sure if the others are still in the room or not)) **
whispering to Lunauc, Gautam, Saradar, Dj Gilcrease, (GW): I would rather we use the OOC channel for nonRP related chat and OOC talk
whispering to Lunauc, TaliesinNYC, Gautam, Saradar, Dj Gilcrease, (GW): you're in 36, the rest of the party is in 33
** (85) Agatha sighs. She'll have to be patient. "No, I suppose it wouldn't be right to leave the children behind." **
(99) Saradar: Berard will guard the sleepers, the 4 of us and skelly can scout
whispering to Lunauc, TaliesinNYC, Gautam, Saradar, Dj Gilcrease, (GW): if the player is not present, neither is his or her PC
** (112) Kha stretches and wanders around a bit wondering where the group went, then sits down to wait for the others **
** (85) Agatha goes back to check on Kha and the worshippers. **
whispering to Lunauc, TaliesinNYC, Gautam, Saradar, Dj Gilcrease, (GW): if he wanders around, he'll have seen the PCs since they're outside the cloakroom. need to be more specific.
** (111) Git moves near the stairs, as he waits for Aggy to get back, listening for movement above or below. **
** (99) Saradar moves to back up Git, with skelly beside him **
** (112) Kha looks up as Agatha enters **
whispering to Lunauc, bubbling sounds below, lots of movement echoing from above.
(112) Kha: "I am finished, and I didnt go wandering off this time" ** smiles and gets up to follow Agatha **
(85) Agatha: "And the children?"
(112) Kha: "They are fixed, kinda"
(112) Kha: "Who ever was controling them isnt any more, but they are still mentaly broken and I dont know how to fix that."
(85) Agatha: "So what's going to happen to them?"
** (112) Kha shrugs **
(112) Kha: "They will sleep for a while"
whispering to Lunauc, at least four or five individuals above you from the sounds of it, although it's some distance based on the echoes.
(85) Agatha: "Hm. I can carry a couple of them, but we'll be in trouble if we find a fight.."
(85) Agatha: "Wizard! How long did you say you could control that skeleton?"
(99) Saradar: about 9 days
(112) Kha: "Just leave them here, just as safe here as anywhere else, and less then if we go taking them into a fight"
(85) Agatha: "Does the skeleton need to stay close to you for you to control it?"
(99) Saradar: no, it will follow my orders to the best of its abilities
(121) WasabiKid (enter): 22:27
whispering to Lunauc, you've been silent. are you ok?
(85) Agatha: "Alright. Leave it here to guard the children. Anyone have some parchment and ink?"
(112) Kha: "I do"
(99) Saradar: Leave my skeleton? But I just got him...
** (112) Kha takes out his Alter case, and pulls out some parchment, a quil and some black ink **
(112) Kha: "What do you want me to write?"
whispering to Lunauc, from what you can gather, each floor is roughly about 20 to 30' above or below each other floor, so it takes a while to get to places, but sound travels since the structure is made of stone
(85) Agatha: "We can't leave them to rot."
** (85) Agatha turns to Kha. "Write a note saying that this skeleton was turned and left to watch over them until we return to lead them out of the keep. Under no circumstances are they to wander away from the room." **
whispering to Shun, if you have questions, feel free to ask
** (112) Kha nods and writes the note, then studies each of the captive to remember which would be the lest under control of the weave **
(85) Agatha: "On the other side, write 'Read me' in big letters. If they awake to a walking pile of bones, first thing they'll do is try to run. Hopefully they'll see the sign if we stick it on a door."
** (112) Kha puts t he note on one of the boys chests "This one was least controled, so he might wake up with enough brains to keep the others under control" **
(85) Agatha: "One can hope."
** (112) Kha puts his stuff away and follows Agatha **
(99) Saradar: How about down first?
(111) Git: :to Saradar: "Like bubbling sounds?"
** (99) Saradar smiles **
(99) Saradar: Bubbles can be fun
(85) Agatha: "And above?"
** (85) Agatha listens for sounds from upstairs. **
(111) Git: :glances up: "A lot of movement, probably more of these kids."
(112) Kha: "I cant fix them all" ** looks very tired **
(111) Git: "Well.. maybe we can find what's controlling them, and cut it off at the source, neh?"
(112) Kha: "That might work."
(85) Agatha: "Better than this halfway nonsense."
(111) Git: :nods: "Right then.." :begins down the stairs: "Lets get to the bottom of this."
** (99) Saradar follows **
** (111) Git creeps down the stairs, scouting ahead, listening and watching ahead as he goes. **
** (85) Agatha shakes. "Did you stay up all night writing that one?" **
(85) Agatha: ((shakes her head*))
** (112) Kha follows the others quietly, seemingly lost in thought and over tired **
(93) DM: The stairs spiral down quite a distance...
(93) DM: Whereas the chamber you had left was quite brightly lit, your ultimate destination is in fact moreso.
(93) DM: In fact, the odor of smoke....woodsmoke wafts from below.
** (99) Saradar whispers **
(99) Saradar: A BBQ?
(111) Git: :whispers back: "Barbecue doesn't bubble... maybe a stew."
** (111) Git continues down, to see what's cooking. **
(125) Normal (enter): 22:57
(93) DM: A large moss-covered vat with a stone bottom sits in this humid room. Pipes run up from the vat into the ceiling. A large pile of wood is stacked against the wall opposite the door. Beneath the stone vat, a bonfire rages in a shallow blackened pit. There are two spots of bright blue fire in the center of the pit, but the rest of the fire is yellow and orange.
** (112) Kha Consentrates a moment and draws power into himself **
** (112) Kha scans the room **
(112) Kha: Weave Sight Skill Check: [1d20] => [6,14] = (20)
(125) Normal (exit): 23:00
** (111) Git looks around for anyone manning the fire, or other exits from the room. **
** (85) Agatha looks at the curious arrangement. "What in the world? That's a strange way to cook." **
(93) DM: Occasionally, a geyser of water erupts from the vat and a blast of steam escapes into the air.
(93) DM: Other times, a loud roar can be heard from within the pit...or perhaps it's your imagination.
(93) DM: It IS however, quite humid such that any heavily armored person would be uncomfortable.
** (111) Git blinks as he looks over the strange boiler, wondering what it's purpose may be. (knowledge: engineering/disable device to determine purpose?) **
whispering to Lunauc, roll
(111) Git: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: [1d20] => [3,7] = (10)
whispering to Lunauc, you're not exactly sure
** (111) Git walks down the stairs, looking over the large construct, eyes following the pipes up to the ceiling, and down into the firey pit, trying to figure it out. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] => [13,9] = (22)
(112) Kha: "Any clue what all this stuff is for?"
whispering to Lunauc, on the other hand there seems to be some kind of diagram engraved on the floor surrounding the pit. you almost didn't see it at first.
(111) Git: "Well... it's certainly big."
whispering to Lunauc, it's covered in soot and ash, whatever it is.
(111) Git: "I'm tempted to ball it a heating system, what with the venting pipes and all. But it's kind of strange for such an old place, with such naturally cold inhabitants."
(111) Git: (the boiler look like it has been here for a long time, or is it a relatively newer addition to the chamber?)
** (111) Git nudges the toe of his boot along the ground, circling the contraption, asking: "Anyone know what these markings on the floor are?" **
** (112) Kha heads over and tries to read the markings **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] => [1,2] = (3)
(93) DM: There seems to be some kind of diagram surrounding the vat but whatever it is is covered in soot and ash and is almost hidden from sight.
(112) Kha: "Some type of arcane spell I think"
(111) Git: "Arcane, huh? Saradar? Any idea?"
(85) Agatha: "Hmph. Larders that haven't been touched in months and a contraption to heat a glorified tomb for the undead. Why do I get the feeling the Lady didn't own this castle so much as take from someone else?"
** (111) Git looks for something to sweep away the ash with. **
whispering to Lunauc, apart from the wood and a silver pail that's half hidden behind the stack, there's not much else of interest in the chamber.
** (111) Git setles to kicking at the soot to clear off the diagram **
(85) Agatha: "What are you doing?"
(111) Git: "I'm not entirely sure.
whispering to Lunauc, it seems to be a pentagram...
(85) Agatha: "You don't what that'll do."
(93) DM: Sure enough, a tongue of orange-yellow fire shoots upward from the pit and caresses the bottom of the vat, as if in response.
(111) Git: "What it will do is give us a better look." :as he finishes, revealing a pentagram, he stares for a second, before flinching fromthe fire burst. Looking to the clames, he calls: "Saradar, you're thoughts..?"
(85) Agatha: "Aye, you see? Best to leave it be. We've got a knight in rusted armor to see."
(113) Shun (exit): 23:31
(111) Git: :To Aggy: "Alright... we may as well head up, maybe we can see where these pipes go."
** (112) Kha falls in behind Git and Agatha as they head out **
** (85) Agatha leads the way up, Bar'eth-el at the ready. **
** (111) Git heads up to the next floor up **
(93) DM: After a while, you eventually re-enter the curving corridor that had an illusion of an outdoor canyon. The stairs continue upwards.
** (111) Git continues up **
(93) DM: After about another 20', the stairs eventually widen a bit (though not by much) and voices can clearly be heard. Guttural chanting and cries of deliriously ecstasy can be heard in the distance above you.
(111) Git: "Well.. someone's having a good time." :comments as he makes his way slowly up:
(127) Gautam (enter): 23:42
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (127) Gautam...
(93) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(85) Gautam' from room...
(85) Gautam (exit): 23:43
(93) DM: (folks, can we please speed things up? there's no reason why it has to drag on like this)
(127) Agatha: "More of them? What do these heathens want with so many children?"
(112) Kha: "We are looking for the death night who ran away right? So maybe we sould just head to the boss lady and get her attention, the Death Knight is under her control, and probably reletivly high up in her oginization, so she may sick him on us."
(111) Git: "A god needs worshippers.. and kids are impressionable."
(112) Kha: "Not impressionable Git, compleatly controled via the One Power"
(112) Kha: "So controled that if she ordered them to stop breathing they would do so until they died."
(111) Git: "Yeah... wonderful."
** (127) Agatha continues up slowly and quietly. **
(111) Git: (we enter 46?)
(93) DM: (eventually)
(111) Git: (the stairs continue up?)
(93) DM: The stairs halt at a landing and continue up after a few feet. An archway is off to one side.
** (112) Kha continues up the stirs toward the chanting **
** (111) Git moves to the archway, staying off to one side, out of sight for the most part of those beyond, as he looks in. **
(93) DM: Through the archway can be seen a circular room filled with coils of sweet dark smoke and thin pillars of alabaster. The walls are hung with tapestries, and no light enters from outside. Only candles illuminate the mass being held here. The ceiling is hidden but at least 20' to 30' up.
(93) DM: To your right, five or six priests are praying and abasing themselves before a black altar carved with a white serpent symbol. A tall, thin priest wearing rich white robes and holding a staff is leading the congregation. He holds a chalice on high and is pouring from it onto the altar where the liquid smokes and vanishes. A golden helmet also sits on the altar.
(93) DM: Other details of the room are difficult to see through the incense. you can make out some sort of mosaic in the center of the floor and perhaps a door to one side of the chamber.
** (112) Kha enters the room and peers at the abased priests, then to the helmet and standing cleric **
** (127) Agatha stares at Kha's foolish forwardness and waits for a reaction before charging in. **
(112) Kha: "Hello priests of Talakara the Goddess, we are looking for someone, could you point us in the right direction?"
** (111) Git stares at Kha's back in awe of ridiculousness **
(93) DM: The tall thin priest turns with a sudden start and whips his head around, hurling a curse in your direction.
(93) DM: A shimmering robe of golden light comes into being and wraps itself around his body. The other priests look up with shock at your intrusion.
(112) Kha: "That a no?"
(93) DM: (init)
(127) Agatha: "Lovely."
** (111) Git shrinks back before he's spotted, drawing his bow **
(127) Agatha: init: [1d20] => [1,3] = (4)
(111) Git: init: [1d20] => [20,4] = (24)
(112) Kha: INIT: [1d20] => [2,7] = (9)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] => [12,3] = (15)
(93) DM: (24, Git)
** (111) Git draws back an arrow and moves into the archway, opening fire on the priest in white **
(111) Git: Shortbow(sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20] => [20,10] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d6�] => [5,4,3,5,0] = (17)
(111) Git: Shortbow(sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20] => [4,10] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d6�] => [1,2,5,1,0] = (9)
(111) Git: (threat and crit check)
(93) DM: (load minis)
(132) Gautam (enter): 00:05
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (132) Gautam...
(93) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(127) Gautam' from room...
(127) Gautam (exit): 00:05
whispering to WasabiKid, hi
(121) WasabiKid (exit): 00:07
(93) DM: (how much damage on Berrigan?)
(93) DM: (it was full damage, so how much was that?)
(111) Git: (just 17 I suppose)
(133) WasabiKid (enter): 00:09
(111) Git: (full on the dmg roll or the sneak dmg as well?)
(93) DM: The bolt whistles through the air and impales itself through his shoulder blade. A crimson stain immediately spreads through his vestments.
(93) DM: (dmg roll, not sneak)
(93) DM: (Kha, 9)
(111) Git: (ok, 18 then)
** (112) Kha throws up his hands in frustration "Why cant people just talk instead of trying to kill me when I ask them a simple question?" ** draws his dagger **
(112) Kha: (( Done ))
(93) DM: With an effort, the priest in the now crimson-stained white robes spits an epithet at Kha, while his underlings grab hold of battlestaves and rush forth. A bald-headed child, about the age of twelve, mutters a prayer and points one hand at Git.
whispering to Lunauc, will save
(112) Kha: Will save: [1d20] => [1,14] = (15)
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, failure
(111) Git: Will save: [1d20] => [18,2] = (20)
(93) DM: Kha freezes in place.
whispering to Lunauc, you feel the urge to lay down your arms but resist.
(132) Agatha: "Oh no."
(132) Agatha: "Saradar, can you knock them out?"
(112) Kha: (( he seems to have vanished ))
(93) DM: *the arch is where Git is fyi)
(93) DM: (player is afk or something, I've tried IMing him)
(93) DM: The remaining acolytes rush at Git and Agatha.
(93) DM: (Agatha, 4)
** (111) Git groans. "Mind the lethal force on the children, right?" **
(132) Agatha: "Aye, this is going to be unpleasant."
(93) DM: (trying to keep things moving because it seems Gautam is lagging. someone want to run Agatha for this combat please?)
(132) Agatha: ((I'm here. Sorry I was waiting on the kids))
(93) DM: (The priests aren't going to get to you for another round, so make your roll.)
(132) Agatha: "The priest is fair game though."
** (132) Agatha rushes the blood-stained priest and attack with the flat side of her axe. ((non-lethal)) **
(132) Agatha: attack: [1d204] => [5,15,-4] = (16)
(93) DM: (hit)
(132) Agatha: dmg: [1d12] => [3,9] = (12) ((is that right?))
(93) DM: He collapses to the ground and lets go of the staff, which subsequently clatters to the floor.
(93) DM: On seeing that, the remaining priests throw themselves to the ground begging for mercy.
(93) DM: Kha is still frozen.
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, hold person, though you do get a will save this round
(111) Git: "Well.. that was quick and easy."
(112) Kha: Will save: [1d20] => [2,8] = (10)
** (132) Agatha has no patience. "Stop yer blubbering! Who are you and what have you done to these children?" **
(93) DM: (still frozen)
** (111) Git moves into the room, kneeling down to the priest who tried to enspell him, "hey, boyo, any chance you can unparalyze the dimwit?" **
(93) Acolyte1: "They're willing worshippers of the Goddess of course." (bewildered)
(93) DM: (the boy? he looks at you uncomprehendingly, a half-snarl crosses his face but then he looks away in shame)
(93) Acolyte2: "We've done nothing. We serve the Goddess with all our love and devotion."
(93) Acolyte3: "Her Voice called to us and we came willingly. All glory to the might of the Goddess!"
(93) Acolyte4: "Talakara of the Eternal Throne! She rules over all and will destroy the Nine Council!"
(93) DM: The head priest is unconscious.
(111) Git: "Well... I'm glad you all have found such a joy in religion. And we'll be happy to let you go about your worshipping. We just need to know where to find a certain servant of Talakara first."
** (132) Agatha yanks by his hair the nearest acolyte to his feet. "Of all the useless...Where is the Lady's knight?" **
(93) Acolyte1: "We have no destiny but our eternal devotion."
(93) Acolyte2: "We are bound to her eternal and indomitible will."
(93) Acolyte3: "We are forbidden to enter the highest spires of this castle."
(111) Git: "Is that where he is?"
(93) Acolyte4: "Though the shadows are ever-watchful."
(93) DM: The boy looks back at Git and nods quickly, then looks over your shoulder as if in fear.
** (111) Git glances back over his shoulder, wondering what the boy is looking at. **
(93) DM: Shadows drape the farthest wall of the chamber, shrouding this temple sanctuary in gloom.
** (132) Agatha turns to the boy, still clutching a hapless worshipper in one hand and her axe in the other. "What's your name, lad?" **
(93) Acolyte1: "Spare us from your weapons!"
(111) Git: :while watching the shadows: "Tell me, pions, any of you know what that big boiler downstairs is for?"
(93) Acolyte2: "Spare us from your wrath!"
(93) Acolyte3: "Spare us from your vengeance!"
** (93) Acolyte4 cringes in fear as he looks over his shoulder and says, "Though the shadows are ever-vigilant..." **
(93) Falan: "Fa...Falan."
(93) Acolyte1: "We are forbidden to leave our chambers..."
(93) Acolyte2: "...for all our time is spent in prayer..."
(93) Acolyte3: "...in servitude to the Goddess..."
(93) Acolyte4: "...for the shadows are ever-present."
(111) Git: "Eesh.. talking about a boring existance."
** (132) Agatha smiles slightly. There's still hope. "Falan, do you know where you are?" **
** (93) Falan nods as if confused. "What is hope? **
(111) Git: "Literally or figuratively?"
** (93) Falan looks at you dumbly. **
** (132) Agatha raises an eyebrow. Did she say that first part out loud? "Where are your parents lad?" **
(93) Falan: "My parents..."
** (93) Falan catches himself and looks back at Agatha, blurting out, "The Goddess is my Mother!" (then looks at Berrigan for approval, then back at you as if confused) **
(112) Kha: (( AFK for a smoke ))
(111) Git: "In that case, you could use a Nanny."
(93) DM: Emotions cross his face -- doubt, confusion, fear -- in swift succession.
(93) Voice: "My da....he's in chains."
(111) Git: "So, where is the highest spire, we might find the knight in?"
(93) Falan: "My da...he's in chains."
** (93) Falan looks down. "And my ma....she's....she's....she's dead." **
(132) Agatha: "Where? Where are they holding your father?"
(111) Git: "hm..?"
(93) Falan: "They told me to come with them, that I'd be taken care of."
(132) Agatha: "Is he here? Here in the castle?
** (93) Acolyte1 looks at Falan in outrage, as do the rest of his companions. **
(93) Falan: "He's a slave." (ashmaedly)
(93) Falan: "He" (points to the head priest) "sold him off."
(93) DM: A tear rolls down his cheek.
** (132) Agatha sighs and smiles sadly as throws her whimpering captive aside. **
(111) Git: "Well... maybe we'll be able to find who he was sold to."
(93) DM: The boy priest -- an acolyte really -- who had been so keen on your injury or death earlier -- breaks down in misery and begins to cry as he collapses against one wall and throws his staff away.
** (132) Agatha approaches the boy and holds him. "It's alright. It'll be over soon." **
(112) Kha: (( back ))
(112) Kha: Will save: [1d20] => [20,8] = (28)
** (112) Kha stumbles as his body frees itself from the magic **
(93) DM: The other acolytes continue their begging, blubbering and whining.
(112) Kha: "Well that went well, didnt even have to kill the priest." ** sits down next to the boy and examins him **
(111) Git: :ppers aside at Kha, offering in sarcasm: "Oh, yeah.. that went wonderfully. It was a brilliant idea you had there."
** (132) Agatha is still holding Falan. "Kha, Git, could you kindly gag and tie them, or knock them out? I don't care which so long as they shut up." **
(138) Normal (enter): 01:02
** (111) Git gives a nod to Aggy, as she consoles the boy. "Yes, Ma'am." :He moves to tie up the unconcious priest with bits of his own clothes; sash, belt, strips cut from his robe.. whatever. And he is sure to scour through the man's belongings as he does. **
(112) Kha: "He is being controled as well, but it has not taken hold. give me a bit to remove it"
(132) Agatha: "Are you sure you can do it without harming the lad?"
** (112) Kha focuses on the boy, his fingers twitching as if he is manipulating something **
** (132) Agatha steps back helplessly. **
(111) Git: (afk a min)
(93) DM: Kha lapses into a trance much as he did before.
(93) DM: The head priest on the other hand groans as he eventually comes to.
** (111) Git puts a dagger to the awakening priest's throat, "Good morning." **
** (132) Agatha finishes tying up the last acolyte and lets Git handle the interrogation this time. **
(93) Berrigan: "Who...who are you?"
(111) Git: "We're guests."
(111) Git: "We're here to see the Death Knight."
(93) Berrigan: "I see. You'll never get out of here alive!"
** (93) Berrigan looks at the dagger and flinches. **
(93) Berrigan: "If you're here to see Sir Agrovale, he will be your doom." (smiles weakly)
(111) Git: "Sorry, but I rather hope you're wrong. Where is he?£
** (93) Berrigan shrugs as best as his injured shoulder will allow. "Where he always is. At the side of the Goddess, for the shadows are all-knowing." **
(111) Git: "Right... so.. highest spire..?£
(93) Berrigan: "The spires of the castle are where the Goddess resides, in a direct path to her domain."
(111) Git: "Her.. Domain..?"
(93) Berrigan: "For the shadows are all-powerful."
(93) Berrigan: "Her domain in which she reigns from on high, for the shadows are ever-watchful."
(111) Git: "So.. she can see us through the shadows, huh?"
** (93) Berrigan glances down at the dagger at his throat and gulps. **
(93) Berrigan: "She is one with the darkness, and the darkness in her. She is Talakara, the Night Mother."
** (111) Git groans. "Splendid... Though if she sees all through shadows, then she sure doesn't seem to care what happens to you." **
** (93) Berrigan shakes his head. "She would never do that!" **
(111) Git: "Well.. at least you understand that much."
(93) Berrigan: "I failed her in some way to be allowed to be captured by you! You on the other hand, will never get out of Caer Thorne alive!"
** (93) Berrigan tries to look defiant but seems ready to break at any moment. **
(111) Git: :bored: "Uh huh.. that's nice. By the way, you know what that big boiler downstairs is for?"
(111) Git: "It's really been bugging me."
(93) Berrigan: "The boiler?" (seems confused)
(140) Mudguard (enter): 01:27
(111) Git: "The big vat down the stairs over a big fire, with pipes running out of it up to the ceiling..."
(140) Mudguard (exit): 01:28
(93) Berrigan: "Ah. That's the heating system for the caer."
(111) Git: :grins to the others: "Heh.. am I good or what?"
(111) Git: :back to the priest: "Anyway.. how many more worshippers are there here?"
(111) Git: ...
(132) Agatha: "Well? Answer the man before he gets a case of the shakes."
(93) Berrigan: "How many worshippers?" (glances over at the other wall)
(93) Berrigan: "As many points of lights in the sky as there are shadows in this room, for the touch of the Goddess shall strike you dead where you stand!"
(93) DM: He puts on a brave face.
(111) Git: "So... ten.. fifteen..? I'd like a number."
** (111) Git draws the dagger along hte skin of the man's neck, just enough to draw blood. **
(93) Berrigan: "You wouldn't dare kill me."
(93) Berrigan: "A hundred hundred thousand."
** (111) Git raises a brow. "I ratehr doubt you could fit that many folks in here." **
** (132) Agatha checks to see if the boy is still entranced. **
(111) Git: :sighs and looks to Kha: "Is this idiot being contorlled too, or can I kiill him?"
(93) DM: He's beginning to fall asleep (but whether from concentration or because of Kha is difficult to tell. =P)
** (112) Kha id focused on the boy to the exlusion of all else **
(93) Berrigan: "We are everywhere, for the shadows see all, know all and are all."
(111) Git: "That's really rather vague. How many human worshippers are in this Caer right now?"
(93) Berrigan: "We are as numberless as the shadows in this room, for the shadows are all-powerful and omnipotent."
** (93) Berrigan glances at the dagger and back at Git, meaningfully. **
(132) Agatha: "Hmph. I'll bet the little maggot doesn't even know. After all, if your Goddess is so great, then you're less than a pebble in her eyes. And anything you have to say couldn't hurt her..."
(132) Agatha: "But you could spare yourself a world of pain and certain death if you tell us what we want to hear."
** (132) Agatha stops and studies Berrigan for a moment. Then she turns to the drapes and starts to tear them down. **
** (93) Berrigan shudders and blinks his eyes shut. **
(93) DM: The acolytes are freaking.
** (132) Agatha stops and turns back to them. **
(93) DM: Gloom pervades the walls of the temple sanctuary.
(132) Agatha: "That got a response."
(93) DM: With a shaking voice, Berrigan opens his eyes and says to you, "I...I...will tell you what you need to know....but please, spare me from your wrath...for the shadows...the shadows--"
(93) DM: A shadow steps away from the wall and glances at the head priest with a look of amusement, and then melts into the gloom.
** (132) Agatha looks to Git. "Did you see that?" **
(93) DM: Berrigan shrieks as the shade steps out of the gloom and begins to froth at the mouth, then pales white. "The shadows!"
(138) Normal (exit): 02:02
(141) Mindless (enter): 02:02
** (132) Agatha steps between the shadow and the other, Bar'eth-el bared. "Do you mind? We're having a conversation here." **
(132) Agatha: ((others*))
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(133) WasabiKid' from server... Removing dead client
(133) WasabiKid (exit): 02:03
(141) Mindless (exit): 02:03
(93) The shadow: "I have been ordered by the Masssster to sssseee you through thisssss Caer."
(93) DM: The undead thing seems faintly amused by the priest's predicament. "He hasss ssssserved the human well."
** (93) The shadow turns to Agatha and bows deeply. "Asssss you command, ssssso it shall be done." **
** (93) The shadow stands up to its full height and then steps back into the shadowy gloom, and is gone. **
** (132) Agatha keeps her eyes trained on the walls as she speaks. "Now then, you were about to tell us your numbers?" **
(93) Berrigan: "Less than twenty."
(132) Agatha: "Good man. Is Agrovale really in the highest tower or were you just spewing nonsense?"
(93) Berrigan: "He walks the high spires."
(93) Berrigan: "He rarely comes down to the Temple level."
(93) Berrigan: "This place is the Court of Justice."
(132) Agatha: "Much better. How do we break the Lady's hold on the children?"
** (93) Berrigan gestures around him. "Above are the Chambers of Mercy and still further are the Spires of Eternity. And further onwards are the domain of the Goddess." **
(132) Agatha: "And how many children has she taken?"
(93) Berrigan: "The Goddess consorts with a woman in white. I have never spoken to her."
(93) Berrigan: "This woman has a special connection with the Goddess and sends acolytes to our care every now and then."
(93) Berrigan: "We have five here at the moment, but have raised ten times as much over the years."
(132) Agatha: "Is she Il'ythiri?"
(93) Berrigan: "She is human from what little I have seen."
(132) Agatha: "Was one of the children a red haired boy?"
(93) Berrigan: "Yes."
(132) Agatha: "How long ago did he pass through here? How old did he appear?"
(93) Berrigan: "He was not suitable for training after a week here and was subsequently sold."
(132) Agatha: "Sold? To who?"
(93) Berrigan: "Roughly three years ago. We do not have very many red-haired children here, and he had a temper the color of his hair."
(93) Berrigan: "Najardac of the Empty Hand, a lord in Suderham."
(93) Berrigan: "A member of the Nine Council. He had taken a special interest in him."
** (93) Berrigan licks his lips as he glances at the dagger at his throat. **
(112) Kha: (( I am starting to nod off, and since Kha is occupied I am gona hit the sack, see ya tomarrow ))
(132) Agatha: "I see..."
(93) DM: ((we can stop here then))
(93) DM: ((or at least until Berrigan stops talking))
(112) Kha: Disconnecting from server...
(112) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 02:22
(132) Agatha: "The gold helmet there. What is it for?"
(132) Agatha: ((I'm almost done. This will be my last question.))
(93) Berrigan: "An offering to the Goddess."
(93) DM: A slight smile creeps in on his lips, then vanishes.
(132) Agatha: "Is it magical?"
(93) Berrigan: "It has powers of its own."
(132) Agatha: "What does it do?"
(93) Berrigan: "It helps those who are lost find their way."
(132) Agatha: "Literally, or does it allow you to control the children?"
(93) Berrigan: "Why don't you try it on and see for yourself?"
(132) Agatha: "Don't toy with me. You want me to call our gloomy friend back?"
(93) Berrigan: "I'm perfectly serious."
(93) DM: Again that mysterious smile, which just as quickly vanishes.
(132) Agatha: "Fine. Keep your damn secret."
** (93) Berrigan shrugs. "The secret is open for the taking." **
(132) Agatha: "One last question. The woman you described, who brings the children. What is her name?"
(93) Berrigan: "She calls herself Selene but I am certain that is not her real name."
(132) Agatha: "Fair enough. Any questions from you Git?"
(93) Berrigan: "She is about your height, with auburn hair, the coldest, palest skin imaginable and eyes as dark as pools of midnight."
(93) Berrigan: "And dresses in whte robes or a white garment. She has a habit of speaking softly."
(150) DM: (from last session)
(156) Dj Gilcrease: (( back ))
(150) DM: (we're started)
(154) Gautam: "Hmph. I'm done with this one. Anything you want answered, Git?"
(154) Agatha: "Hmph. I'm done with this one. Anything you want answered, Git?"
whispering to Lunauc, poke
(155) Git: (heh... can't remember if I did or not/_
(150) DM: (no)
(150) DM: (I know you didn't)
(150) DM: (to recap from last time, you investigated part of the keep's lower level, fought some acolytes, defeated them and are now interrogating one of their number)
(150) DM: (I'll describe the room in a minute)
(156) Kha: "Well it sounds like we can leave and find Najardac instead of staying to find the Death Knight again."
(156) Kha: "Though how we are going to get all the children out of here I dont know."
** (154) Agatha glances over at Kha. That was quick. You freed the lad's mind then?" **
(150) DM: This is a circular room filled with coils of sweet dark smoke and thin pillars of alabaster. The walls are hung with tapestries, and no light enters from outside. Only candles illuminate the mass being held here. The ceiling is hidden but at least 20' to 30' up. A group of acolytes are here, unconscious. You're speaking to a tall, thin priest wearing soiled white robes. A staff gilded in silver and amber lies toppled on the floor nearby. A golden helmet sits on the altar next to a chalice that lies on its side, tipped over. Some kind of strange mosaic can be seen inlaid on the floor.
(156) Kha: "As much as I can, he was not nearly as controled as the others, but it will still take time for him to recover fully"
(154) Agatha: "We'll ask our guide about a way out."
(153) Berard: Is it brokent for good? Or can his mind still be reinfluenced from a distance?
** (154) Agatha suddenly calls out in a cold even tone "Shadow creature, are you still here? Show yourself." **
** (150) The shade steps out of the gloom on the far side of the chamber and bows with amusement. **
** (150) Berrigan gasps when that happens and faints. **
(156) Kha: "I dont think it can be reactivated from a distance. It would be best if I could work on them over a few days. But even if I cannot they should recover on their own, bariing introvention from the one who did this in the first place."
(150) The shade: "How may I be of sssservice, live one?"
** (155) Git blinks, glancing to the fallen priest. "Huh.. you'd think he never saw a creepy living shadow before." **
** (156) Kha looks at the shade "More firndly then that screaming woman we met in the tower." **
** (154) Agatha points to Berrigan. "Shadow, we will be ready to depart shortly. In the meanwhile, you are free to take this spineless worm and do with him what you will. Just be sure that he's awake to see it." **
(150) The shade: "These mortalssss are sssoft creaturessss in the sssservice of the 'Goddess'."
(155) Git: "Kind of hard when he just passed out."
(150) The shade: "I am not able to by ordersssss of my masssster, but I thank you for your gift, mortal."
(154) Agatha: "Hmph. It is good to know that your Goddess is so merciful towards traitors."
(150) The shade: "She isssss not a true god, though she callsssss herself one."
(150) DM: You seem to think it's laughing, though whether at you or with you is unclear.
** (154) Agatha lets the strange moment pass. "Shadow, do you know of the witch that calls herself Selene?" **
(156) Kha: "Ahh, so my theory about her being an Aspect of Mania isnt true. Oh well all the better then, that means we are free to kill her if we decide to stay here. She is meddaling in the Dream Lords Realm where she does not belong."
(150) The shade: "There issss one who walkssss these hallssss who callsss herself that, yessss."
(154) Agatha: "Is she in the keep now?"
** (150) The shade cringes as if burned with a hot iron. **
(150) The shade: "Her touch issss cold!!!! Beyond the caresss of ssssweet death. 'Ware her should you chance upon her. I cannot senssse her."
** (156) Kha shutters at the name "She threw a giant spider at me, and if my guess is right she is the one who tried to kill me shortly after I first met up with you and Git." **
(155) Git:
"You aren't very good at making friends, huh?"
(154) Agatha:
"Don't lose your nerve lad! Mothers name their children after gods all the time. And folks posin' as gods seems a custom in these parts."
(150) The shade:
"She hasss been here a few timessss, though not at the behessst of the 'Goddess'."
(155) Git:
"So, what.. she just likes the decor?"
(150) The shade:
"There issss emnity between the 'Goddess' and the witch, yessss."
(150) The shade:
"But the 'Goddess' works the will of thissss witch. Why, I do not know. Perhapsssss my massster can tell you more."
(150) The shade:
"As a priest of the 'Goddess', I am forbidden from touching him. But should you remove the 'Goddess', hissss life issss ourssss."
** (156) Kha looks ar Agatha
"Chat with it's master or just leave and find Najardac?" **
** (150) The shade smiles evilly. **
** (150) The shade gestures to Berrigan. **
(150) The shade:
"Issss there elssse I can do, mortal? The night growssss short."
(153) Berard:
"If we leave, it will be difficult to return."
(155) Git:
:nods to Berard: "We should finish what we came here for."
** (154) Agatha turns to the others. "In that case, we're done here. Let's take the children and go. We'll have our chance at the hosts of this place, yet." **
(150) The shade:
"Though thisss place is not without itsss guardians, it is not as well defended as the 'Goddess' saw fit to send most of her forcesss to intercept that of one of her rivalssss from coming here. The one who followssss the cursed Light isss correct, live one. If you do return, you will face your doom."
** (154) Agatha stops. "You don't much care for the Lady, do you?" **
** (150) The shade turns to face Agatha and glares at her with pure hatred, though its malice is not directed at her. "The mortal who callssss herself the 'Goddess' hassss bound ussss here against our will!!! Death is too good for her." **
(150) The shade:
"Without the dead, she issss as powerlesss as a wizard bereft of magicka."
** (154) Agatha smiles. "Hmph. There may be hope after all." **
(155) Git:
"Maybe after we've stripped her power, you can think of a more..proper state for her. For now.. we have business"
** (150) The shade bows deeply. "Assss you wish, live one." **
(154) Agatha:
"Aye, we may be runnin' in blind but this is the best chance we've got."
(155) Git:
"Now, now.. if you go focusing on how disadvantaged we are you'll start to get pessimistic. Look on the bright side. We aren't dead yet."
** (154) Agatha hides a smirk and turns to Kha. "Kha, I need you to take the child down with the others and get back here as quickly as you can. The rest of us will prepare ourselves. It's about time we met our host." **
** (156) Kha nods and picks up the child and heads down to where he left the other children **
(155) Git:
:to Kha: "I'll give you hand." :and does so, so Kha doesn't have to carry so many bodies at once.:
(150) DM:
They're led around docilely enough.
** (154) Agatha takes out her weapons and weighs them. She attempts to wield them both, but finds it too cumbersome. **
(154) Agatha:
"Berard, you still have some magicks in you?"
(153) Berard:
:nods: "Some. Enough, hopefully."
(154) Agatha:
"Good. I've a couple surprises myself. Though I don't think a prayer about now would hurt none."
** (156) Kha does a quick check on the other children making sure they are till asleep or calm and following orders if they have woken up, then heads back up to where he left Agatha **
(154) Agatha:
((not to mention the skeleton))
(150) DM:
The shade glances at you with a hint of dark amusement, then vanishes into the gloom.
** (155) Git takes a moment to look around, searching for sensors, in case they are being watches.(int check to detect) **
(155) Git:
Int check: [1d20+3] => [16,3] = (19)
(155) Git:
(pft short by one)
(154) Agatha:
"I get the feeling we aren't the first to do this song-and-dance."
(153) Berard:
"No. Perhaps the last though."
(155) Git:
"Oh, you're probably right. Lets just hope we can stay in beat."
whispering to Lunauc, there seems to be an aura of divination about this place but you don't sense as if you're being scried upon. does that answer your question?
** (154) Agatha nods. "Everyone ready?" **
** (154) Agatha says this as she pulls out Bar'eth-el once again. **
** (156) Kha nods **
(150) DM:
It gleams with a cold silver light.
(153) Berard:
"Yes."
(155) Git:
:shrugs: "ready as we're going to be. Maybe we'll get lucky and catch him while he's polishing his armor."
** (155) Git draws out his bastard sword, giving it a swing and twirl before settling it to his shoulder. **
(154) Agatha:
"Shadow creature! Take us to your master."
(150) DM:
No response.
(154) Agatha:
"Shadow?"
(154) Agatha:
"Show yourself!"
(155) Git:
"Coffee break..?"
(150) DM:
There's no response.
(156) Kha:
"Looks like he already left" ** frowns, then heads to the stairs **
(154) Agatha:
"Lovely. Guess we find our own way then."
** (154) Agatha follows Kha. **
** (153) Berard glances around and then follows the others. **
(150) DM:
(I assume you mean the stone steps to 59?)
(154) Agatha:
((umm yes?))
(150) DM:
(just checking)
** (155) Git rests the blade behind his neck, reaching his other hand up to hold the blade, "All that hype, and now we have to go searching... ridiculous." :follows along: **
(150) DM:
The stairs spiral up to a medium sized chamber that follows the curve of the keep's central tower. A pair of grayish-white granite statues flanks the landing. They resemble human males with wiry serpents for hair. A closed wooden door can be seen in one wall ahead of you and another behind you.
(150) DM:
Torches flicker on the walls.
** (156) Kha walks around and looks over the statues **
** (154) Agatha looks to Git. "Lockpicker's choice." **
** (155) Git sighs, takes his coin from his pocket and gives it a flip [1d2] => [2] = (2) **
** (155) Git nods, pockets the coin and goes to search the door behind them. **
(155) Git:
(door to 62, I'm assuming..?)
(150) DM:
They're extremely well detailed
(150) DM:
In fact, lifelike. And their eyes seem to follow you whereever you go, though that's probably an optical illusion.
** (155) Git searches the door for traps or locks,trusting the others to guard his back. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] => [2,14] = (16),[1d20+9] => [14,9] = (23)
** (156) Kha pokes a statue with his dagger
"Wonder who sculpted them" **
(150) DM:
The craftsmanship of the statues is almost unnerving.
** (155) Git gets out his picks, trying to get the door open. "Maybe you can ask our host, when we find him." **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] => [15,12] = (27)
(154) Agatha:
"How do you know they were sculpted? We've already run into the real thing."
** (155) Git sets back abit, taking a defensive position, as he opens the door. **
** (156) Kha pauses then
"True, Berard do you have spells to make stone go back to a person?" **
(150) DM:
The chamber beyond is a workshop, and quite well appointed by the looks of it.
(153) Berard:
"No..."
(150) DM:
It seems to be more of a sculptor's studio. Reams of paper and scrolls litter the worktables and floors.
(155) Git:
"Even if he did, we don't need scary medusa men around."
(156) Kha:
"They might be more willing to talk then the one we chased down before. Especialy if we release them."
** (155) Git moves into the workshop. looking over the latest works, and looking for any paperwork with a date on it to figure when this place was last used. **
(150) DM:
A colossal stone bloack is in the center of the chamber. Unworked pigs of iron are stacked neatly next to it. Lying about the room are hammers, mallets, chisels, saws, wood for scaffolding, drop cloths, basins of water a smelter, a small forge and an anvil.
(150) DM:
block*
(150) DM:
There is a closed wooden door in the center of the far wall opposite you.
(153) Berard:
"Strange place for a forge."
** (154) Agatha follows after Git and searches the mess for anything useful. **
** (156) Kha examins the room quickly **
(150) DM:
Most of the papers are covered in writing and arcane runes.
(154) Agatha:
Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [3,2] = (5)
(153) Berard:
Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [19,7] = (26)
(155) Git:
"A magical sculptor, huh?" :sets down the paper work and moves to search the next door
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] => [2,14] = (16),[1d20+9] => [19,9] = (28)
** (153) Berard closes the door behind them. **
(153) Berard:
:quietly: "Someone was studying golem work."
(153) Berard:
"I would advise caution around future sculptures."
(155) Git:
"Eh.. big surprise.." :sarcastically comments, as he goes to work trying to unlock the door.
** (156) Kha nods **
(154) Agatha:
"Golems? Well, this just gets better and better, doesn't it?"\
** (155) Git grumbles a bit as he continues to pick at he lock **
** (154) Agatha turns back to Berard. "Are you sure you don't have a way to turn stone into flesh and bone?" **
(153) Berard:
"It would depend on the nature of the original enchantment. There are some kinds I might be able to break -- but I wouldn't count on it.
(150) DM:
The door doesn't seem to want to open...
(154) Agatha:
"You might want to pray harder then."
(155) Git:
"Hmph.." :glances back: "THis might take a little while."
** (155) Git gets his coin back out and gives it another flip. [1d2] => [1] = (1) **
** (155) Git sighs, pockets the coin and goes back to work on the lock(take 20) **
(150) DM:
It seems to stubbornly resist your friend's efforts to open it.
(154) Agatha:
"Something wrong Git?"
** (156) Kha heads back out and starts examining the statues again while Git works on the door **
(155) Git:
"Yeah... this door doesn't feel like opening."
(153) Berard:
"Just a complex lock, or something more?"
(154) Agatha:
"Well..there's always the direct approach."
** (154) Agatha smirks **
(153) Berard:
"Or the other door."
** (155) Git grins, steps back, waves Aggy toward the door. **
(154) Agatha:
"Nonsense. Nobody would use a lock as tough as that unless it's to lock away something important."
** (153) Berard steps well back from the door. "That's certainly one theory." **
** (154) Agatha takes a couple steps back, then slams into the door **
(150) DM:
The door bursts open into an empty chamber...
(154) Agatha:
Str check: [1d20+4] => [4,4] = (8)
(150) DM:
...save for a silvery disc set in on end of the chamber that gleams coldly in the flickering torchlight.
(155) Git:
(flimsy doors)
(150) DM:
A closed wooden door can be seen at the far end of the opposite wall and the center of the wall on your left.
** (156) Kha comes back at the sound of the door busting open **
(155) Git:
"Thank you, Aggy."
** (156) Kha heads over and looks at the silvery disk **
** (155) Git moves in, looking about curiosuly, his gaze falling on the silver disk in consideration a moment. **
(154) Agatha:
"Be careful. This place screams 'trap'."
(150) DM:
All is still inside the room, save for you and your companions.
(155) Git:
:to Kha, as they stands before the disk, as if judging an art piece on a museum wall: "Well, it is a nice use of light and shadow, the silver sheen, trapped at the borders by the plain stone walls screams repressed potential, and the faded glint in this dank abode cries for help. All in all a bit pretentious and overdone."
(154) Agatha:
"So...what is that thing?"
(155) Git:
"What do you think?"
(150) DM:
It gleams in the floor and seems to be seamlessly constructed.
(153) Berard:
"I think Kha is likely to poke it."
** (156) Kha shrugs as he walks over it while studying it **
(150) DM:
The disk is large enough to accomodate all of you.
(155) Git:
"Well.. that's one way to find what it is."
** (155) Git skirts around the disk and moves to the opposite door(to 60) searching it over. **
(150) DM:
It glows with a cold white light as Kha walks over it, then ceases as he steps off.
(156) Kha:
"Ohh fancy, preasure sensing glow." ** walks back and stands in the middle of the disk ** "Hey join me on the disk Git, see if it glow brighter with more people on it."
** (154) Agatha relunctantly moves closer to the disc. **
(155) Git:
"Oh.. no thanks." :looks to Aggy and points to the next door: "It's quicker than picking it."
(150) DM:
It glows as Kha steps on it.
** (154) Agatha nods to Git and takes a crack at the door. **
(150) DM:
It opens easily enough...
(150) DM:
...and opens into what appears to be a very well appointed salon. Twelve handmade rugs cover the floors. The walls are all mirrored and depict scenes of a far-off desert land. One is a rather familiar painting of a battle taking place between an ifrit and a djann, each 50' tall above the desert sands.
(150) DM:
A closed wooden door can be seen in the middle of the wall opposite you.
(163) Gautam (enter): 23:43
** (155) Git looks over the room and notes the curve as it leads to the next door. "Guess it just wraps back around. Wonder if we're in a tower." **
** (155) Git heads back to search the last door, in the middle of the hall(door to 61) **
** (156) Kha pouts about that noone is willing to text out the disk **
(156) Kha:
(( *test ))
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (163) Gautam...
(150) TaliesinNYC:
Booting '(154) Gautam' from room...
(154) Gautam (exit): 23:45
(150) DM:
It's locked.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] => [16,14] = (30),[1d20+9] => [13,9] = (22)
(163) Agatha:
"We'll see to the ominous glowing disk in a moment lad. No need to pout like a child."
** (155) Git gets out his picks to try and get the door open **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] => [5,14] = (19)
(156) Kha:
"Not pouting like a child. The rest of you just have no sense of adventure." ** waits on the disk until the group moves on **
(150) Voice:
"How may I be of service?"
(150) DM:
The voice emanates from the disc.
** (156) Kha stiffens as the disk talks
"Oh you could tell the Death Knight to come talk to us." **
(155) Git:
"Hmmm..?"
** (163) Agatha swings around, axe raised. **
(150) Voice:
"Processing..."
(150) Voice:
"That is not a direction I can take."
(163) Agatha:
"What?"
(156) Kha:
"Oh, ok. What kind of directions can you take?"
(150) Voice:
"Up one ,two or three."
(156) Kha:
"Oh, up three, this should be fun"
** (153) Berard looks at the ceiling **
(155) Git:
"Uh, Kha.. maybe you shouldn't..."
(163) Agatha:
"Kha, wait!"
(150) Voice:
"Very well."
(150) DM:
He vanishes.
(155) Git:
:headslap:
** (163) Agatha stops mouth agape. **
(153) Berard:
:sighs: "I should have cast status on Kha."
(155) Git:
"Well.. hopefully he's smart enough to come back on his own. Aggy.. the door, if you will?"
(163) Agatha:
"...that thing is just going to come back with a smoking pile on top, isn't it?"
** (163) Agatha sighs and brute forces the door. **
(156) Kha:
(( AFK for a smoke ))
(150) DM:
You crash into a laboratory.
(150) DM:
Shelves filled with the usual assortment of equipment. The variety is astounding.
(155) Git:
"Such interesting places around here. I wonder whose lab this is." :looks around for any sign of the owner's identity.. or finished products left laying about.
(150) DM:
One wall is nothing but notebooks which are meticulously detailed and dated.
(150) DM:
All of the scrolls are marked with Talakara's sigil.
(163) Agatha:
"Hmph. I'll start feeling impressed once I find the armory."
(155) Git:
"Say... about when did Talakara declare herself a god?" :as he eyes the notebooks:
(153) Berard:
"Excellent question."
** (155) Git takes the earliest notebook (2 years ago), and flips through the pages, looking for keywords about godhood or power, such. **
** (163) Agatha leaves the bookworms to their treasure and goes back to wait for Kha, or what's left of him. **
(155) Git:
(*OR such)
(150) DM:
It's filled with arcane runes...
(155) Git:
"Eesh.." :plops the illegibae book down, and takes anothrer from the shelf to see if is also in rues.
(150) DM:
Yep.
** (153) Berard looks over the discarded book. **
(153) Berard:
Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [20,7] = (27)
** (153) Berard lets out a low whistle. **
(155) Git:
(afk a min)
(153) Berard:
"Whoever wrote this knew there stuff. This, at least, is both advanced and dangerous."
(153) Berard:
(their)
(150) DM:
It's definitely an extensive laboratory.
** (153) Berard looks over at Agatha. "No sign of Kha?" **
(163) Agatha:
"Nothing yet. Not sure if that's good or bad."
(155) Git:
(back)
(155) Git:
"Well, we should get after him before it does become bad."
** (155) Git moves onto the disk **
(163) Agatha:
"Aye. No knowing what trouble he's found."
(153) Berard:
"All at once then."
** (163) Agatha steps on the disc and faces outward in a defensive stance. **
** (153) Berard moves onto the disk as well. **
(153) Berard:
"Ready?"
(150) Voice:
"How may I be of service?"
** (155) Git readies his sword and orders, "Three floors up, please." **
(150) Voice:
"Very well."
** (156) Kha heads over and examins the tapestries **
(150) DM:
Ten large tapestries decorate this otherwise empty chamber. A closed stone door is set in the middle of the far wall opposite you. A gleaming silver disc is set in the floor (which you're standing on).
(150) DM:
Kha is here, examining the tapestries.
(155) Git:
"Found something to keep you busy, huh?"
(150) DM:
(you're in 67 and ignore the door leading to 72.)
(156) Kha:
"Ya"
** (163) Agatha lets out a sigh of relief. **
(150) DM:
There is also a door to your left.
** (155) Git shakes his head and looks over the tapestries **
(150) DM:
They're all intricately woven depictions of the Goddess, Talakara.
(155) Git:
"Well.. someone loves them self."
(156) Kha:
"So find anything interesting down there?"
(155) Git:
:shrug: "An evil wizard's lab. You?"
(156) Kha:
"Just the woven art. I didnt want to wander too far."
(155) Git:
"Ah.. good. You're improving."
** (155) Git moves to search the door behind them(to 69) **
** (163) Agatha is reminded of an earlier room. "Shadow creature? I don't suppose you're lurking around here are you?" **
(150) DM:
No response.
(150) DM:
The door opens out into a bare stone terrace.
(150) DM:
A table is set for three, for tea.
(150) DM:
The terrace overlooks the environs of Caer Thorne and its surroundings. In the distance can be seen a massive battle, the details of which you're unable to discern.
** (163) Agatha looks to Git. "Did you do that?" **
** (155) Git walks out on to the terrace, looking over the tea curiously, removing a glove to dip a pinky in one cup to see if the tea is still warm. **
(155) Git:
"No, I don't even drink tea."
(155) Git:
:wipes his finger and puts his glove back on.:
** (155) Git gives a final glance out toward the distant battle, before turning back into the room and searching the next door(to 68) **
** (163) Agatha overlooks the battle for a moment. "Hm. The shadow wasn't lying. Let's keep searching. She'll be distracted now." **
(150) DM:
The door is slightly ajar...
** (155) Git peeks into the next room **
** (156) Kha heads over and opens the door **
(155) Git:
... and cringes as Kha blows right past him and opens the door
(150) DM:
The room beyond is decorated in dark, heavy woods and rich red tapestries. Light comes from a central chandelier hanging from the ceiling and golden candle holders mounted all around the walls. Twelve chairs surround a single oak table set with a linen tablecloth and antique silver service. A single wooden door stands closed in the opposite wall. The remains of a meal can be seen on the table.
(156) Kha:
"Looks like whoever was here had to leave in a hurry."
(155) Git:
"Probably rushed out because of the battle." :notes how many places are set and what they were eating.:
** (156) Kha takes a seat at the head of the table and tries some of the food **
(163) Agatha:
"Come on. They have to be somewhere where they can observe the battle or hide or whatever it that nobles do whenever everyone else is off fightin'."
(153) Berard:
:dryly: "Or they could have rushed off to prepare a trap for their uninvited dinner guests."
(150) DM:
It
(150) DM:
It's spoiled rotten.
** (156) Kha spits it out
"Well they left a while ago, the food is rotten" **
(150) DM:
(roast beef, mutton, lamb chops, boar, turtle soup, green beans with pecans and butter sauce, cockatrice loin, pastries and cream)
(155) Git:
"Yeah... but who's been keeping the candles lit? Magic candles?"
** (163) Agatha says matter-of-factly, "Aye, most likely." **
(153) Berard:
(( Is there wax at the base of the candles? ))
(150) DM:
(no)
** (155) Git moves along to search the next door(to 70) **
(150) DM:
The door is ajar...
(153) Berard:
"Was that door ajar when we came in?"
(155) Git:
"Seems whoever was here least didn't bother closing doors behind them" :moves through into room 70
** (156) Kha gets up and follows Git **
** (153) Berard moves into 70 and immediately checks to see if the other doors are closed or ajar. **
(150) DM:
This is a sumptuous bedchamber. The floor is strewn with intricate rugs and polar bear skin. The walls provide views of an endless abyss full of ifrit and diffuse magical light shining off of dozens of reflective surfaces. A small basin with pipes and a white ceramic half-tub with its own set of taps sit in the east end of the room. Several sets of drawers holding a variety of silk and lace garments and a wardrobe of long cloaks, robes and boots can be seen in one corner of the room. A large folding screen depicting dark storms and drakes provides a dressing area. The bed appears to be a small cloud with a rising sun providing both a headboard and the room's source of light. A closed stone door can be seen in the middle of the far wall opposite you, as well as in the middle of the wall to your right.
** (156) Kha heads over to the headboard and takes a look at it before looking under the bed **
** (155) Git moves to the wardrobe, looking for any robes of Aes Sedai style **
** (163) Agatha checks under the pillows and mattress for a weapon. **
(150) DM:
It really is quite a tastelessly decorated room.
** (163) Agatha checks the door to 71. **
(150) DM:
It's closed.
(155) Git:
"Hmmm.." :steps away from the wardrobem holding a long brow robe of Aes Sedai make. "Right cut wrong color. But I gess we know the connetions."
** (163) Agatha cautiously tries the handle. **
(150) DM:
It's unlocked.
** (163) Agatha kicks it open and step back. **
(150) Agrovale:
The portal opens into a small, circular garden with vine-covered walls. Moss covers a great stone basin in the center of the area. A woman of indescribable beauty stands on the opposite side of the pool, peering into its depths. You hesitate for a second, momentarily awed by her overpowering presence, while the lady looks up from the water's glasslike surface.
(150) DM:
The lady looks at you and smiles, eclipsing the sun with her radiance. The color of her hair and the shade of her eyes are mere details, easily forgotten, in a face and form that can only be described as perfection.
(150) DM:
She speaks and her voice is at once vibrant with power and sweet as honey.
** (156) Kha heads into the garden
"Hello." **
(150) Talakara:
"Come in! Come in! Welcome. To what do I owe this delightful intrusion?"
(163) Agatha:
"Boys...I found her."
(163) Agatha:
"Hmph. There's no need for small talk. You know why we're here."
** (153) Berard moves up behind Agatha. **
** (163) Agatha moves forward with some confidence, taking in the scene and trying to determine what's real. **
(150) Talakara:
"Oh? Well then in that case, why don't you drop your weapons and join me for some tea?"
(150) DM:
(Will save)
(156) Kha:
Will save: [1d20+14] => [14,14] = (28)
(163) Agatha:
Will save: [1d20+9] => [5,9] = (14)
(153) Berard:
Will save: [1d20+14] => [20,14] = (34)
(163) Agatha:
((17 with Berard at my back))
(156) Kha:
"No thanks, the food in this place seems to have gone bad."
** (163) Agatha drops Bar'eth-el, much to dull astonishment. "Well I am a bit peckish, and we've got you cornered." **
(153) Berard:
(( Status on Agatha? ))
** (163) Agatha slowly walks to the table. **
(163) Agatha:
((her dull astonishment*))
** (150) Talakara smiles gently at Agatha. "On the contrary, you seem to be mistaken." **
(150) DM:
Suddenly, a column of water bursts from the basin and Talakara is engulfed inside a shimmering globe of mutlicolored light. (init)
(163) Agatha:
init: [1d20+3] => [1,3] = (4)
(150) DM:
A colossal humanoid of water blocks your way to Talakara.
(153) Berard:
[1d20] => [4] = (4)
** (156) Kha walks along with Agatha ((Kha isnt holding a weapon)) **
(156) Kha:
INIT: [1d20+7] => [5,7] = (12)
(150) DM:
(Lunauc appears to be lagging. I think it'd be best if we stop or until he connects again.)_
(163) Agatha:
((k. we'll wait))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] => [4,6] = (10)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] => [5,4] = (9)
(153) Berard:
(( Gives me a chance to look up the turning/commanding rules. ))
(156) Kha:
/admin set
(156) Kha:
(( should I boot him, that should get his attention =P ))
(150) DM:
try poking him
(155) Git:
(sorry, went to bathroom, back now)
(150) DM:
I need a save from Git first and then assuming he makes it, an init roll.
(155) Git:
Will save: [1d20+2] => [14,2] = (16)
(153) Berard:
(( Add three to that. ))
(155) Git:
(ok, 19)
** (155) Git lets his sword drop to the ground **
(155) Git:
(oh right, forgot my +2 racial bonus against enchantments, should have rolled 21)
(155) Git:
(er... forget about dropping the sword then. Instead...)
** (155) Git readies his sword. Init: [1d20+4] => [16,4] = (20) **
(150) DM:
(20, Git)
(155) Git:
:blinks: "Okay.. how do you hurt water people?"
(155) Git:
(delay)
(150) DM:
(12, Kha)
(156) Kha:
"So why dont you come with us and give up this nonesense about being a godess?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+11+7] => [8,11,7] = (26)
(150) Talakara:
"A goddess does not do the bidding of lesser beings."
** (150) Talakara commands the water elemental. "Fulfill your destiny! Kill them!" **
(150) DM:
(10, the elemental)
(150) DM:
The creature rises to its full height and surges forward, sending a fist of solid water at Kha's head.
(156) Kha:
"Nor do I, Kha Operan, Giver of Life That Takes Away; Seeker of Truth That Conquers All"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+21] => [7,21] = (28),[1d20+21] => [18,21] = (39)
(150) DM:
(2 attacks)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d10+8
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d10+8] => [8,6,8] = (22),[2d10+8] => [2,2,8] = (12)
(150) DM:
(9, Talakara)
** (156) Kha screams in pain as the water slams into him **
** (150) Talakara points at Agatha and shouts, "Darkness consume you!" **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4+1] => [4,1] = (5)
(150) DM:
(4, Agatha)
** (163) Agatha blinks as the enchantment wears off and darkness surrounds her. "Oh, she's good." **
** (163) Agatha draws her broadsword and slashes away at where she remembered the water element was. **
(163) Agatha:
attack: [1d20+15] => [5,15] = (20)
(163) Agatha:
blindness: [1d100] => [5] = (5)
(150) DM:
(miss)
(150) DM:
(4, Berard)
(163) Agatha:
"Grahh!"
** (163) Agatha yells in frustration. **
** (153) Berard points at Talakara and there is a tolling of bells "Cthon end these wards!" **
(153) Berard:
[1d20+13] => [11,13] = (24)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+19] => [6,19] = (25)
(153) Berard:
(( Targeted dispell magic. ))
(153) Berard:
(( DC = 11 + caster's level. ))
(150) DM:
((I know, I'm checking with DJ))
(150) DM:
((20, Git))
(155) Git:
(the dispel work?)
(150) DM:
(oops, I think you delayed. so go)
(150) DM:
(no it didn't)
** (155) Git draws a dagger and throws it at Talakara, seeing if the globe is impenetrable to attacks, from a magic blade even. **
(155) Git:
+2 Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+3] => [1,3] = (4) ===> Damage: [1d4+2+0] => [2,2,0] = (4)
(155) Git:
(wtf?)
(150) DM:
It misses by a wide margin, striking instead a grape vine.
(150) DM:
(20, Git)
(155) Git:
(just went)
(150) DM:
(but you delayed?)
(150) DM:
(12, Ag)
(150) DM:
(12, Kha I mean)
(155) Git:
(yeah... )
** (156) Kha draws his dagger as he moves behind the 'Goddess' **
(156) Kha:
Long Tooth Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+13] => [19,13] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+4] => [1,1,4] = (6)
(156) Kha:
(( crit check ))
(156) Kha:
Long Tooth Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+13] => [6,13] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+4] => [5,1,4] = (10)
(150) DM:
(not a crit, total damage?)
(156) Kha:
(( 6 ))
(150) Talakara:
"You stupid mortal! Can you not see that you are fighting a goddess? I will squash you like a bug!"
(150) DM:
She seems astonished that you actually managed to strike her.
(156) Kha:
"Gods dont bleed."
(150) DM:
(10, the elemental)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+21] => [12,21] = (33),[1d20+21] => [11,21] = (32)
(156) Kha:
"And you are interfearing the the Dream Lords Realm."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d10+8] => [6,1,8] = (15),[2d10+8] => [3,1,8] = (12)
** (156) Kha swiftly stikes at the elemental **
(150) DM:
The elemental, enraged that you've managed to strike at the object of its devotion, slams into you again.
(156) Kha:
Long Tooth Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+13] => [14,13] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+4] => [6,1,4] = (11)
(150) DM:
(hit)
** (156) Kha starts bleeding from the ears as the elementals fists slam into his head **
(150) DM:
(9, Talakara)
** (150) Talakara ignores Kha and instead casts a lightning bolt at the group. (AOO at Talakara by Kha) **
** (156) Kha swiftly strikes out at the false Goddess **
(156) Kha:
Long Tooth Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+13] => [2,13] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+4] => [1,1,4] = (6)
(150) Talakara:
(miss)
(150) DM:
(Reflex)
(153) Berard:
(( Everyone? ))
(155) Git:
Reflex save: [1d20+12] => [6,12] = (18)
(163) Agatha:
Reflex save: [1d20+6] => [14,6] = (20)
(150) DM:
(everyone since the room is only 30'x30' though circular)
(156) Kha:
Reflex save: [1d20+13] => [5,13] = (18)
(153) Berard:
Reflex + Divine Fortitude: [1d20+9] => [13,9] = (22)
(163) Agatha:
((23 for me))
(156) Kha:
(( doe Berards +3 thing add for Ref saves as well? ))
(153) Berard:
All saves for Git and Agatha
(155) Git:
(right... forgot the +3 again, so 21)
(156) Kha:
(( Ahh ok, I see how it is =P ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [10d6] => [3,1,3,5,3,1,3,2,4,2] = (27)
(150) DM:
(failure = 27 damage, otherwise 14 or 0 (if you have evasion))
(150) DM:
(4, Agatha)
** (163) Agatha focuses and attacks the sounds of moving water. She prays for a little help from above. ((full attack using blindfight, rolling high)) **
(163) Agatha:
attack high: [1d20+15] => [14,15] = (29), blind: [1d100] => [11] = (11)
(150) DM:
(hit)
(163) Agatha:
blindness: [1d100] => [69] = (69)
(163) Agatha:
dmg: [1d10+8] => [4,8] = (12)
(163) Agatha:
attack 2 high: [1d20+10] => [5,10] = (15), blind: [1d100] => [92] = (92)
(150) DM:
(miss)
(150) DM:
(4, Berard)
** (153) Berard rattles through another scroll. **
(153) Berard:
(( Panacea on Agatha. Harmful conditions removed, [1d8+17] => [4,17] = (21) healed. ))
(150) Agrovale:
Bar'eth-el flares with a golden radiance, as a deep voice rumbles like thunder in the chamber.
(150) Voice:
"By the power of Ra, the Ever-Living, be you filled with his radiance!"
(150) DM:
(the alias library thingie is screwed up)
** (150) Talakara looks up at annoyance as if slightly distracted. **
(150) Talakara:
"Your paltry magicka will not save you this time from certain death!"
** (163) Agatha looks at her discarded weapon in astonishment and looks at the mysterious broadsword in her hands. "Y'see I was kinda hoping you'd be the one to do something like that. Maybe next time, eh?" **
(150) DM:
(20, Git)
** (155) Git moves in a wide arch around Aggy and the elemental, as he makes his way for Talakara. He lets the bastard sword fly to dance around him, as he pulls his daggers along the way. Coming in to flank with Kha, he leads in blades first **
(155) Git:
Dancing +3 Bastardsword(Sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+9] => [9,9] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d10+3+3d6+0] => [4,3,5,3,1,0] = (16)
(155) Git:
+2 Dagger(Sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+12] => [5,12] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d4+2+3d6+0] => [2,2,6,5,4,0] = (19)
(155) Git:
(oh.. +2 on each for flank, so 20 and 19)
(150) DM:
(hit and miss)
(150) DM:
(12, Kha)
** (156) Kha clenches his fist causing the ring on his right hand to glow brightly and pulse with his heart beat as he strikes out at Talakara (( Ring of Health, using 5 charges [10d8+25] => [5,6,7,3,5,7,3,3,6,6,25] = (76) )) **
(156) Kha:
Long Tooth Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+13] => [4,13] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+4] => [2,1,4] = (7)
(156) Kha:
Long Tooth Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+8] => [2,8] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+4] => [5,1,4] = (10)
(150) DM:
(both miss)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+21] => [16,21] = (37),[1d20+21] => [14,21] = (35)
(150) DM:
The elemental continues it's attack. (ac 37 and 35)
(156) Kha:
(( both hit ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d10+8] => [7,8,8] = (23),[2d10+8] => [1,10,8] = (19)
(150) DM:
(42 total damage)
(150) DM:
(9, Talakara)
(150) DM:
She shouts, "Silver path, council chamber!" as she throws you a look of sheer hatred.
(150) DM:
(AOO against her by all in range)
(155) Git:
Dancing +3 Bastardsword Attack Roll: [1d20+9] => [17,9] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d10+3+0] => [7,3,0] = (10)
(155) Git:
+2 Dagger(Sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+12] => [12,12] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d4+2+3d6+0] => [3,2,5,3,1,0] = (14)
(156) Kha:
Long Tooth Dagger Attack Roll: [1d20+13] => [3,13] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+4] => [6,1,4] = (11)
(155) Git:
(bastard should be sneak dmg.. rolling now)
(155) Git:
Dancing +3 Bastardsword(Sneak) Attack Roll: [1d20+9] => [16,9] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d10+3+3d6+0] => [5,3,4,3,5,0] = (20)
(155) Git:
(ooo.. 34, not bad)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10+22] => [17,10,22] = (49)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10+22] => [8,10,22] = (40)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10+22] => [17,10,22] = (49)
(150) DM:
She vanishes.
(150) DM:
The elemental dissipates.
(155) Git:
"Hey! No fair!"
** (156) Kha sighs as the Elemental dissipates **
(150) DM:
The garden that you're all standing in vanishes as well, leaving you inside a bare stone chamber, empty except for the stone basin filled with water from which the elemental arose.
(156) Kha:
"Now what did that thing only want to hit me? It hurt!"
(155) Git:
"Well.. you did attack its mistressed."
(155) Git:
(Mistress rather)
(156) Kha:
"So did you, and Agatha!"
(155) Git:
"Yeah.. but started it."
(153) Berard:
"Who all is injured?"
** (150) Agrovale throws the door to the room open and strides into the chamber. **
(156) Kha:
"You threw your dagger at her first." ** looks to the door **
** (163) Agatha picks up Bar'eth-el and turns to Agrovale. "Where is your master?" **
(155) Git:
"But I didn't hit her."
(150) DM:
The death knight walks over to a section of stone wall and regards you with a look.
** (155) Git resheathes a dagger and retakes hold of the dancing sword in his free hand. **
(150) Agrovale:
"She has gone to the aerie of the Nine Council."
** (150) Agrovale regards the wall silently, then presses a hidden panel as a section of the wall slides open. **
** (163) Agatha looks around, wondering if there's another illusion. "And I take it that ain't around here?" **
(150) Agrovale:
"Nys. The aerie lies several hundred leagues away, somewhere along the southern coast of Kern."
(156) Kha:
(( AFK for a smoke ))
** (150) Agrovale regards you all solemnly. "I caused you to come here in fuifillment of a dark bargain. You have kept your side of the pact and so I shall honor mine. Within this chamber you will find the answers to many of your questions." **
(163) Agatha:
"You are free then?"
(150) Agrovale:
"I have one final task."
** (150) Agrovale enters the room beyond, kicks open a chest and throws down his weapons. **
(150) DM:
He looks down into the chest and stops. "This coil holds many memories for me, but the call of sweet death sings. May the gods be with you."
** (150) Agrovale bends down into the chest and grabs hold of a ceramic crown, then shatters it. **
(150) DM:
...and collapses into dust.
(163) Agatha:
"Hmph. And so it goes."
** (153) Berard walks over to the dust heap, kneels, and starts praying quietly. **
(155) Git:
"And that achieved...?"
** (163) Agatha pays him silence but for a moment then goes to investigate the room. **
(150) DM:
(and on that note, we'll stop)
(163) Agatha:
"He said what we're looking for is here. I suggest we find it before we any newly freed looters come poking around."
(150) DM:
(it's a lot of stuff and too much for me to type right now)


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms