Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
5 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
5 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Tolmara Logs
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room

Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(7327) TaliesinNYC: What has gone before: (4938) DM: The walls of the chamber beyond are garishly decorated with frescoes depicting the generosity of the goddess Talakara in judging the people of Kern, either with mercy or with righteous fire. A tall, svelte, blonde woman with wide blue eyes sits behind a desk covered with neatly stacked papers and a large book. She looks up at you and smiles broadly, winking lascvicously at Git.
(4938) DM: She appears to be dressed in a short black dress and stockings. Something clanks around her neck but you're unable to determine what it is at this distance.
(4924) Kha: "Hello."
** (4902) Git raises a brow at the woman, whispering to Kha: "You're undead knight is prettier than I thought he'd be." **
** (4924) Kha laughs at Git **
(4938) Angelica: "Greetings, and welcome to Caer Thorne."
(4938) Angelica: "My my, what broad shoulders you have." (looks appraisingly at Kha and winks)
(4902) Git: "Yes.. it's a pleasure to be here." :makes his way casully toward the desk, trying to catch a glimpse at what is around her neck.: "And you are...?"
(4938) DM: She ignores Agatha thoroughly, instead gazing at Berard with undisguised longing while surreptitiously looking at him up and down as if appraising a side of beef.
** (4924) Kha raises one eyebrow, then diggs into his pack and pulls out one of the black roses and tosses it to Angelica "Thank you for the oh so plesant invatation." **
** (4900) Agatha glares at the woman. **
(4938) Angelica: "My name is Angelica, but you can just call me Angel." (smiles sweetly at Git, making sure to show more cleavage in her dress)
** (4923) Berard frowns disapprovingly **
(4938) DM: A faint flash of silver gleams in the chamber's light.
(4902) Git: :returns a mild grin: "Well.. Angel... would you be the one who invited us?"
** (4938) Angelica glances at the rose and winks at Kha. "There are more where those came from." She sighs with an adoring look at Berard. "What can I do for you?" (breathlessly) **
(4924) Kha: "I know, thats one I picked from downstairs. I burned the other two I recived."
(4938) DM: She turns to Git and croons softly, "I? I serve the Goddess with humility. My master summoned you to Caer Thorne. He sent the roses."
(4902) Git: "Ah.. and you are.. the receptionist then?"
(4924) Kha: "Well then send us to your master and stop wasting out time."
** (4938) Angelica nods at Git. "Why yes, indeed." (lets slip a flash of breast) "Won't you like some tea? Or me?" **
(4902) Git: :lets slip a slight chuckle, "I'm afraid we don't have th time just now, Angel, may we see your Master first?"
(4938) DM: She pouts, a slight frown crossing her face.
(4902) Git: :leans in to whisper: "My friend's are getting rather frustrated I'm afraid."
(4938) Angelica: "I'm VERY good, I assure you. I am well versed in the Eightfold Dance of Manifold Pleasures and a well-trained sword dancer in my time."
(4938) Angelica: "Oh her? What does she know of the art of pleasure?" (jerks her hand at Agatha)
whispering to Lunauc, She seems to be wearing a necklace from which hang three keys -- two small and one large, gem encrusted key.
** (4900) Agatha continues to glare at Angelica, obviously not amused. **
(4902) Git: :archs a brow: "Well... I do hope I get an opportunity to test your skills. But I'm afraid Lady Agatha is not the only one lacking humor at the moment. I hope a cultured Lady like your self will understand."
** (4938) Angelica laughs coquettishly. "I'm sure I could talk to a friend of mine who might teach an old dog new tricks." **
(4938) DM: She sighs with thinly veiled desire, then glances up and down at Kha. "So manly..."
** (4938) Angelica thrusts a large leatherbound book at Kha and opens it to a crisp, unadorned page. "Please....sign here." **
** (4924) Kha flips back a page before signing it **
(4938) DM: There are rows and rows of names, each crossed out/
(4938) Angelica: "Oh those? They were tried by my master. They tried and failed, and died."
** (4924) Kha flips back to the page she opened it to and signs the top of the page **
(4938) Angelica: "You are strong, and powerful and have risked much to come here. You will not fail me." (sighs)
(4902) Git: "Fail you...? You have some personal stake in this matter?"
** (4938) Angelica glances around her fearfully, as if someone might overhear her, then looks at Git. Whatever momentary self-doubt might have crossed her mind is gone now. "Oh, did I say that? I meant you are the bravest I have met." **
(4902) Git: "I see.. so... are you a servant of Talakara as well? Or simply the servant of your master?"
(4938) Angelica: "I...serve the Goddess in all her glory." (winks at Git)
(4902) Git: :grins: "And I'd love to see that."
(4902) Git: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [17,6] = (23) => [4,6] => (4, 6) = (10)
(4902) Git: "So.. your Master makes a habit of inviting warriors to come challenge him?"
(4938) Angelica: "He summons those who have the means and the will to defeat him, ays."
(4938) Angelica: "You are famed throughout the land for having defeated a vizier of fire and flame."
(4902) Git: "Dangerous hobby.He must be very confident."
(4938) Angelica: "If in fact you are the same heroes the bards speak of."
(4938) Angelica: "None who have come to Caer Thorne have yet defeated him." (seems as if she is about to smother Git in her bodice and leans back)
(4902) Git: "Hmmm... guess he's reached that point in his undead life where other less lethal practices lose their appeal." :hooks an arm around her waist: "No wonder such lovely assistant is left wanting. I'm sorry for your plight."
** (4902) Git stares down her cleavage unveiled(and considering stealing her keys) **
** (4900) Agatha alters her glare back and forth between Angelica and Git. **
(4902) Git: "So.. where is Old Wrinkly now?"
** (4938) Angelica offers the book to Agatha, while speaking to Git. "Well, if you like, we could retire to my chambers." **
** (4900) Agatha looks down at the book and signs her name under Kha's. **
(4902) Git: :smiles brightly: "If I survive this meeting with your Master, it should be an interesting celebration."
** (4938) Angelica offers the book to Berard. "Oh! I concur most certainly." **
** (4938) Angelica smiles and nods eagerly. **
** (4923) Berard scrawls something vaguely name-like in the book. **
(4902) Git: "What do you know? Found a reason to fight him after all."

(7327) DM: (from last session)
(7327) Angelica: "My Master wishes to have an audience with you before his trial of witching spells."
(7330) Git: "Trial of.. Witching spells..?"
(7327) Angelica: "But soft! He has, in his eternal generosity given you the use of a captive mage that he ensnared not a long while back. The better to give you sport, for what use are pawns so easily slain?"
** (7327) Angelica smiles lasviciously at Git as she bats her eyelashes at him. **
(7330) Git: :blinks: "Uh.. yeah.. very generous of him. So.. captive you say..?"
(7327) Angelica: "Why yes, in the throne room. A trial of witching spells to see whether you have the spirit and the will to stand against his might."
** (7327) Angelica turns to one side as her necklace clanks a bit and smacks something. A muffled umph can be heard. "He could be marriageable material were it not for his ill-seeming face." **
** (7338) Agatha remarks dryly. "A magical gauntlet. Lovely." **
** (7327) Angelica sighs out loud. **
(7327) Angelica: "I am but a poor hostess. Behold! Saradar the Ill-Fated, Saradar the Unseemly, Saradar the Not-So-Powerful-Or-Wise. I present to you the latest in a long line of ill-advised adventurers who thought they could waltz into our demesne in the hopes of enriching themselves. Saradar the Soon-To-Be-Burnt-Toast."
** (7327) Angelica wiggles her pinky as she licks it and makes a lewd rocking motion at Git, then waves it to her side. There is a flash of black light and the bound form of a man dressed in dark robes can be seen, face down on the floor. **
(7330) Git: "Is he alright?" :watches the prone figure:
** (7338) Agatha wonders if the poor sap is prisoner or discarded plaything. **
(7327) Angelica: "
(7327) Angelica: "I'm sure he's fine. Humans are so fragile."
(7330) Git: :shrugs: "Yeah, but they get by."
** (7327) Angelica sighs heavily as she sits down behind the desk, breasts bouncing. "You may have your way with him." **
whispering to Zach, nope
whispering to Saradar, describe him btw
** (7330) Git kneels down by the robed form, tapping the man on the shoulder, "Ois, Saradar, I presume.... you alive...?" **
** (7326) Zach moves around to look at the man on the floor. **
(7327) DM: He's been roughly abused, bound and gagged. But breathing and alive.
** (7317) Saradar starts to move a little, but is tightly bound and gagged **
** (7326) Berard removes the gag. **
(7317) Saradar: Thanks
** (7330) Git draws a dagger and cuts the man's bonds **
(7326) Berard: "You are ...?"
** (7317) Saradar is by far the ugliest man you have ever seen, his face is warped and twisted on a good day, but he is now bruised and cut from torture **
(7317) Saradar: Hello, name's Saradar, whom do I owe thanks for setting me free?
(7330) Git: "EEeeggh... they do that to ya?"
** (7338) Agatha cringes at the sight of the face. **
(7326) Berard: "Well Saradar, that's a good question."
** (7317) Saradar laughs gently, then starts coughing violently, he finally recovers himself somewhat **
(7338) Agatha: "Are you familar with the expression 'Outof the frying pan, into the fire?'"
(7317) Saradar: Ahh, the test of magic did most of what you see, but the recent stuff is thanks to my good host and hostess
(7356) Zane (enter): 22:47
(7330) Git: "Ah.. so, you've already faced this trial of witching then?"
(7326) Berard: :quietly: "How long have you been here?"
(7317) Saradar: Not I, I was captured as I was taking a look around, I have been here for weeks it seems, although time has been rough to figure
(7326) Berard: "Can you stand?"
(7330) Git: "Alright.. what.. were you doing here?"
(7317) Saradar: You can bet I will try if it means getting ot of here
** (7317) Saradar smiles a crooked ugly but contagious smile **
** (7327) Angelica makes notes in her logbook as she continues to flirt with Git shamelessly. "And tell your friend to stop being so dour." **
(7338) Agatha: "Berard, can you patch him up?"
** (7317) Saradar waits for the rest of the bonds to be cut and then tries to stand on shaky legs **
(7326) Berard: "That rather depends on what exactly is wrong with him."
** (7330) Git shrugs to Angelica, as he helps the wizard to stand. "Berard, can you do anything for his injuries?" **
(7317) Saradar: Aside from the regular beatings and harassment for daring to enter their abode, I think I am mostly alright
whispering to Saradar, assume you're at full hit points, just bruised and battered.
(7338) Agatha: "That...woman said you were a mage. Is that true?"
** (7317) Saradar 's clothes are dirty but mostly intact **
(7317) Saradar: Yes, let me see now
** (7317) Saradar casts Prestidigitation to clean up himself and his clothes **
(7317) Saradar: Yes, I am a mage
(7330) Git: "And handy.."
whispering to Saradar, in our game, casters are given free range to describe their spell effects in any way they wish. the spell effects DO NOT have to be the same as the book descriptions but they must all be consistent and have some internal logic.
(7317) Saradar: Although I must say, if I were as good a mage as I am a card player, I don't think they would have caught me
** (7338) Agatha smirks. "Think you have it in you to whip up some protective magicks?" **
(7326) Berard: "Were you alone?"
(7317) Saradar: Yes, I did come alone
(7330) Git: "why? If I may ask?"
(7317) Saradar: I could try hasting you, or enlarging you, or changing your form to that of a troll's, or any number of things that might be useful if you will just let me know what effect you are looking for
(7317) Saradar: Why did I come alone? For magic, and for knowledge; I suppose you will think it hubris, but I really thought I could take care of myself
** (7317) Saradar grins sheepishly, making himself only look the uglier by doing so **
(7330) Git: "So, just a bit of overconfidence in the pursuit of greatness." :shrugs: "Well, maybe a bit more than overconfidance pusuing greatness in a castle for of undead meanies, but, at least you're alive."
(7317) Saradar: Aye, thank the gods for small favors, but I do seem to be a bit lucky when it comes to fate
(7326) Berard: "This is not the best place for lengthy discussion. He isn't evil -- probably. Which isn't the same as good, or even friendly of course."
(7330) Git: "Right then, care to tempt fate a bit further? According to the highly esteemed Miss Angelica, it seems you would be invaluable to our endeavor."
** (7317) Saradar smiles his ugly rakish smile **
(7338) Agatha: "Aye, it's that or die here alone."
(7317) Saradar: Well then, I will see if I can help, although they did best me once before
(7330) Git: "Well.. this time you'll have help." :winks: "Or at least you might keep them busy long enough for us to get aay alive."
(7338) Agatha: "Good let's get moving then. There's a smell here that turn my stomach, like a mangy wet cat in heat."
** (7338) Agatha glares in Angelica's direction. **
** (7317) Saradar chokes on his laughter, recovering quicker this time **
** (7327) Angelica licks her lips lustily as she glances at Git while ignoring Agatha and Berard. **
(7327) Angelica: "Now, now. All better? Time's a-wasting. We musn't keep the Master waiting."
(7330) Git: "Of course not, I'd hate to make him think you aren't doing your job properly, Lady."
** (7338) Agatha snorts at the mention of the word 'Lady'. **
(7338) Agatha: "hmph."
(7330) Git: :turns from Angelica suddenly to address the new man in after thought: "Which reminds me, introductions, "You may call me Git, a wandering man of ventures and virtues, and these are my accomplices."
** (7327) Angelica giggles girlishly. "I've never been called a lady before. That's a new one on me. You're sure you wouldn't want to stay for some refreshments?" **
** (7327) Angelica rises up demurely, her necklace clanking. **
(7327) Angelica: "A pleasure it is, Gitttttt." (says your name long and slow while sighing with abandon)
(7330) Git: :to angelica: "And get you introuble with your Master..? I would not dare." :grins: "I do hope we'll have a chance afterwards though."
** (7317) Saradar smiles to Git **
(7327) Angelica: "Trouble? Trouble is my main specialty."
(7317) Saradar: She is captivating
** (7338) Agatha turns her glare onto the mage. **
** (7317) Saradar tries to give his most rakish grin, sees she is not amused and looks sheepishly at his feet **
(7327) Angelica: "I'm afraid my charms are...wasted on some of your friends. A little 'trouble' can't hurt them, can't it?" (leans in close at Git while peering at Berard inquisitively)
(7326) Berard: :dryly: "I know evil when I see it."
** (7330) Git arches his brow to match his grin to the inhuman beauty, shrugging a bit, he assures, "I think it more that they see too much trouble on a daily basis. Overwhelmed, they rather lose the taste for it." **
(7338) Agatha: "Just show us to your master, wench."
(7330) Git: :makes a show of hushing the priest on the E word.:
** (7327) Angelica sighs heavily. "And just when I thought you might show some promise. How boring. You mortals are always in such a rush." **
** (7327) Angelica gets up from behind the desk, skirt flouncing. "This way if you please. And try not to trip over the carpet." **
(7330) Git: :bows politely: "Forgive the rudeness, Lady, We'll try to finish quickly and quietly as we can manage."
** (7317) Saradar clumsily trips over the carpet, but catches himself before hitting the ground, looks around nervously and continues to follow the group **
** (7327) Angelica leads you through the double doors to the strange gray corridor. Mist rises on either side of her. **
(7327) DM: She stops in front of a pair of gleaming crystalline double doors, each decorated in garish and quite ugly runes.
** (7330) Git follows along, asking of Saradar on the way, "A mage, do you focus on any certain kinds of magicks? Just curious what we'll be working with." **
** (7327) Angelica waves her hand at the doors. "Beyond is the throne room. Enter, if you be adventurers of mettle." **
(7317) Saradar: I try not to focus too much on any one thing, I would have said I was well rounded, but obviously not well enough
** (7317) Saradar gives Git a wink **
(7330) Git: :shurgs: "Not a problem. According to most people I'm not all that well rounded myself."
(7317) Saradar: Shall I open the door?
(7326) Berard: "Wait a bit."
(7330) Git: :to Angelica: "Should we knock first?"
(7327) Angelica: "You could, if you like."
** (7327) Angelica leans back against one wall as she watches you. **
(7327) Angelica: "I'll be in the reception hall should you get bored."
** (7338) Agatha eyes Angelica suspciously. **
(7330) Git: "Good. At least I know where to go for a good time." :waggles his brow and moves forward to make sure the door isn't trapped, to kill us right off the bat.
(7362) Moofaa (enter): 23:28
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] => [7,12] = (19),[1d20+9] => [6,9] = (15),[1d20+14] => [9,14] = (23)
whispering to Lunauc, it's trapped of course. and locked. but you hear nothing beyond, or so you think.
(7362) Moofaa (exit): 23:29
(7326) Berard: "Preparaption might be useful here. If you would gather aroud...?"
(7338) Agatha: "If that's all, then off with you."
(7326) Berard: (( aounrd ))
(7326) Berard: (( aronud ))
(7326) Berard: (( hell. around! ))
whispering to Lunauc, mundane and magical. mundane appears to be a needle trap. the needles are enspelled.
whispering to Saradar, You think it might be the Gray. ((OOC, in other words, the Astral Plane, but I refer to it differently.))
(7330) Git: "Hmmm.." :glances back to Saradar: "Question.. Do you have any knowledge of removing magical traps on doors? As a rule, I like to avoid them when I can."
whispering to Saradar, this campaign has unique terms for certain things fyi
(7317) Saradar: Yes, I can dispel some traps, do you think this door has a magical trap on it?
** (7338) Agatha mutters, "Hmph. That scrawny little succubus ought to do everyone a favor and find herself and find a vegetable garden to ravage, the shameless trollop." **
(7338) Agatha: ((find herself a vegetable garden*))
(7330) Git: :nods to Saradar: "Yes.. also a needle trap.. he must be untrusting."
** (7317) Saradar casts Detect Magic to try and determine the nature of the magic on the door **
** (7326) Berard bows his head and starts chanting quietly. **
whispering to Saradar, evocation, moderate
(7317) Saradar: Hmmm, I think this might open with a big boom
** (7326) Berard reaches out and touches Agatha, Git, and Saradar in turn. As he touches each, there is a flash of golden light and the peal of a bell. **
(7326) Berard: (( Status cast on each. 10hr duration. ))
** (7338) Agatha looks at Berard curiously. "What was that?" **
(7364) No Name (enter): 23:38
(7326) Berard: "A spell that allows me to monitor your health, location and overall condition."
whispering to Saradar, success
** (7317) Saradar casts a spell on the door **
(7326) Berard: "The next one will improve certain defenses."
(7330) Git: "Can you remove the spell?"
(7317) Saradar: I believe unless it was cast by an archmage, I have removed the spell
(7317) Saradar: Yes, I do believe it is gone, I no longer detect it
(7330) Git: "Wonderful. I'll do the easy part then."
** (7330) Git gets out some plyers and and a pick from his pockets and goes to work disabling the needle trap. **
** (7326) Berard starts chanting once more, and this time there is a softer, and higher pitched set of bells as he touches Git. **
** (7326) Berard repeats the process with Agatha. **
(7338) Agatha: "Hm? Now what?"
(7326) Berard: (( Conviction 90miin +3 morale bonus saves for Agatha and Git. ))
(7326) Berard: "That should assist with defenses against magical and other non-physical attacks.
(7338) Agatha: ((all saves or just will?))
(7330) Git: :over shoulder to Berard: "Ah, thank you. Though in the future, probably best not to touch someone trying to disarm a trap."
** (7338) Agatha shrugs. "Suit yourself. Just be sure to save something for after all the excitement." **
(7326) Berard: :smiles ruefully to Git: "That hadn't occurred to me."
** (7338) Agatha decides that the mysterious broadsword might be better suited against the unknown and draws it in place of her trusty Bar'eth-el. **
(7317) Saradar: am I hung up?
(7338) Agatha: ((still here))
(7317) Saradar: (( sorry, screen just flashed and went funky for a minute ))
(7338) Agatha: "Did you get it Git?"
(7330) Git: :to Aggy: "This is the easy part."
** (7330) Git steps back, pocketing his tools: "Open." **
(7364) No Name (exit): 23:59
** (7338) Agatha pushes open the doors, sword in hand. **
(7327) The knight: You have entered what appears to be a large, wedge-shaped audience chamber lit by four great braziers, one in each corner. The room is over two stories tall, with massive columns that support a vaulted stone ceiling. Stained glass windows filter fiery light into the chamber, adding to the braziers' diffuse glow. Across from you, on a raised dais, a tall figure in dark gray plate armor sits on a carved ebony throne.
(7330) Git: :to the armored figured: "The Master of the Keep.. I presume...?"
(7327) The knight: "Indeed."
(7330) Git: :bows stiffly: "It is a pleasure. Thank you for the invitation."
(7327) The knight: "I am but a humble servant of...the Goddess."
(7327) The knight: "Thank you for accepting my invitation," he says, as a wall of scarlet flames appears around the dais.
(7327) The knight: "You will forgive me for taking certain precautions."
(7338) Agatha: "So it was you that sent for us."
(7327) DM: His voice echoes sonorously across the chamber.
(7327) The knight: "Yes, 'twas I. I sent thee the roses."
(7327) DM: He seems to lapse into archaic speech after a few minutes.
** (7330) Git eyes the room thoughtfully, noting the flame curtain surrounding the knight, and wondering how many more tricks may be waiting in the room. To Berar and Saradar, he whispers, "Can either of you sense magicks in effect or waiting between us and him?" **
(7330) Git: "Well.. they were lovely. I know Kha was flattered. I'm still rather fuzzy on what your specific motivation for inviting us is though."
** (7317) Saradar looks about the room **
(7317) Saradar: Be careful, all is not what it would appear
(7327) The knight: "Why, to test thy mettle. Thou art a threat and perhaps a key."
(7326) Berard: :whispers back to Git: "Why yes, I suspect there may be a ring of magical fire around the dias...."
(7326) Berard: :to Saradar: "Illusions?"
(7317) Saradar: Yes, I believe so
(7330) Git: :sarcastically to Berard: "Thank you.. I never would have seen that on my own."
(7327) The knight: "A threat to the stability of the rule of the Goddess. A key for some purpose thou art made that is, not seems."
(7330) Git: "Ah.. and for you personally..? After all, it was not the goddess who invited us, no?"
(7327) The knight: "I am but a humble servant of the Goddess, in all Her might and glory. I live but to serve Her in Her eternal and infinite wisdom. I am but a worm, fit for nothing but Her amusement. Though I may draw my last breath, I willingly...give up my life so that She may reign forever and ever."
(7326) Berard: :to Git: "Anytime, anytime." :shrugs: "I can't pierce the illusions without being, ah, more aggressive."
(7338) Agatha: "Enough of your babble! The Crone said you know something of my boy. Do you or don't you?"
(7327) The knight: "But list! Wherefore art my manners? 'Tis most unseemly that thou shouldst not know thy doom's name 'afore thou doth die. I am Agrovale, of the Rose of Night."
** (7330) Git stares hard into the room, trying to discern illusion from reality. (will to disbelieve) **
(7330) Git: Will save: [1d20+2] => [16,2] = (18)
(7330) Git: (+5 for buffs, 23)
whispering to Lunauc, a wall of skeletal soldiers surrounds the throne, swords drawn. soldiers similar to those you've fought before.
** (7327) Agrovale turns to peer at Agatha, his gaze washing over you as he stares at you. "I know many things. Whither thou art able to unlock as befits a key, that remains to be seen." **
** (7330) Git chews his lip a moment, before whispering to Berard, "I hope you are skilled at driving away the undead." **
(7326) Berard: "How bad?"
(7330) Git: "Take a moment to focus and see. There is a considerable platoon between us and him."
** (7326) Berard slips a scroll from his belt. **
** (7327) Agrovale watches you impassively. **
** (7338) Agatha throws the knight a look of pure hatred. **
(7338) Agatha: (sense motive: does he really know something about Linze? [1d20+10] => [4,10] = (14)
(7330) Git: "So... how is this 'test' supposed to proceed. I'm a bit out of my element with witching trials. If you mean us to attack you, and either you or we die, it's not as if we could get the answers we seek, no?"
(7330) Git: "And if we die here, whatever reason you had in calling us is lost without much reason. So.. I'm just a bit curious."
** (7327) Agrovale does not respond. **
(7330) Git: "Does that mean you're not sure either?"
(7327) Agrovale: "Thou art a threat to the Goddess and Her reign."
(7330) Git: :shrugs: "Well.. if she's really a Goddess a group of mortals couldn't be much threat. Honestly.'
** (7338) Agatha leans back to Berard. "What the hell is going on here?" **
(7327) Agrovale: "It seems I was wrong." (waves his hand) "Die!"
(7327) DM: There is a sudden flash of light, as a phalanx of skeletal soldiers appears where there was none before.
(7330) Git: :to Berard: "Now."
(7317) Saradar: Let me fireball them first, turn what lives, err, what remains
(7338) Agatha: "Damn him! It's a trap! Get behind me mage!"
(7330) Git: "To Saradar: "Aim at the knight, leave the skelies to the priest."
(7330) Git: :shrugs: "If you can get them all though.. the more the merrier."
(7327) DM: (init)
(7338) Agatha: init: [1d20+3] => [20,3] = (23)
(7317) Saradar: Init [1d20+4] => [10,4] = (14)
(7330) Git: init: [1d20+4] => [14,4] = (18)
(7326) Berard: [1d20] => [18] = (18)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] => [4,3] = (7)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] => [17,5] = (22)
(7327) DM: (23, Aga)
** (7338) Agatha curses under her breath for chancing the broadsword but charges recklessly into the phalanx. **
(7338) Agatha: Attack: [1d20+15] => [16,15] = (31)
(7327) DM: (hit)
(7338) Agatha: dmg: [1d10+2+6] => [5,2,6] = (13)
(7330) Git: :to Saradar: "Can you put out the flame curtain?"
(7374) Joe (enter): 00:35
(7338) Agatha: "Hrrrahh! I don't have time for this foolishness!"
(7317) Saradar: Probably not, I will try and dispel the magics on him though and it might take it out if it is centered on his person
(7327) DM: As expected, your sword inflicts not enough damage to slay the skeletal warrior in front of you, though its bones fracture slightly.
(7374) Joe (exit): 00:35
(7330) Git: "Do try, please."
(7327) DM: (22, Agr)
(7330) Git: "First lets see about relieving him of his guards."
(7327) DM: Suddenly, six crimson spears lance out from the knight's hands -- although from the haze raised by the proximity of the wall of fire and the smoke, you really can't tell -- and lance straight at Berard.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [6d4+6] => [2,2,4,3,4,4,6] = (25)
(7327) DM: (18, Git)
(7330) Git: (let Berard try turning first)
(7327) DM: (k)
(7330) Git: :to Berard as he is fire speared: "If... you're feeling up to it."
** (7326) Berard reads through the scroll at rapid fire pace, ending with a shout of "Aiidoneus!" **
(7326) Berard: (( There is a deafening clang of bells, and a 40' burst of light centered just behind skeleton 4 ))
(7326) Berard: (( Undead to Death: [11d4] => [4,2,1,4,3,1,4,3,3,2,2] = (29) Hit Dice, Will Save DC 22 ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] => [9,2] = (11)
(7377) Lunauc (enter): 00:45
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (7377) Lunauc...
(7327) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(7330) Lunauc' from room...
(7330) Lunauc (exit): 00:46
(7327) DM: Three of the skeletons immediately become as dust.
(7327) DM: Swords drop to the floor with a deafening clang, shields and armor crash.
(7327) DM: (18, Git)
(7377) Git: "Well done." :with a few words of praise, he launches into the room, drawing his bastard sward on the way as he comes beside Aggy, bringing down the blade on the skeleton before her.
(7377) Git: Dancing +3 Bastardsword Attack Roll: [1d20+9] => [3,9] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d10+3+0] => [10,3,0] = (13)
** (7338) Agatha glances at Berard with a note of admiration for the briefest moment as the light fades, before turning back to the fight at hand. **
(7377) Git: "Agh.. grow some organs for me to hit dammit!"
(7377) Git: (done)
(7327) DM: (14, Sar)
(7327) Agrovale: "A transparent stratagem."
(7338) Agatha: "Hmph. Still damned effective!"
** (7317) Saradar creates a ball of fire that streaks forth barely missing Agatha and Git **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] => [16,6] = (22)
(7327) DM: There is a tremendous explosion, and while the walls of the room are scorched and blackened -- the skeletons are still active, though severely burnt.
(7327) Agrovale: "A minor inconvenience."
(7327) DM: (8, ss)
(7377) Git: "Sorry to trouble you then."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] => [20,8] = (28),[1d20+8] => [19,8] = (27)
(7338) Agatha: "I'm beginning to see why the mage was so easily caught."
** (7338) Agatha fights back against the encroaching mob (aoo on #3) **
(7338) Agatha: aoo: [1d20+15] => [19,15] = (34)
(7338) Agatha: dmg: [1d10+2+6] => [7,2,6] = (15)
(7327) DM: As before, your blade rattles its cage but not enough to shatter the bones or the malice that animates its lifeforce.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] => [20,8] = (28)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+3] => [5,3] = (8)
(7338) Agatha: "Grah! Determined li'l buggers, ain't they?"
(7327) DM: One of the skeletal warriors rams its sword through Agatha's breastplate, piercing her side as it yanks the sword viciously in an upward arc.
(7377) Git: "Undying will, I suppose."
** (7338) Agatha lets out a painful shriek as the weapon is yanked out. **
(7327) DM: (23, Aga)
(7317) Saradar: Leave that one (( 6 )) for me Git, I will command him to serve me
** (7338) Agatha angrily lashes out at her silent attacks. ((full attack)) **
(7338) Agatha: ((attack 1 on #4: [1d20+15] => [18,15] = (33) dmg: [1d10+8] => [1,8] = (9)))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] => [7,8] = (15)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+3+4] => [7,3,4] = (14)
(7377) Git: :reels back from the cut: "Fine.. all yours."
(7327) DM: Although the undead warrior is near death -- or so you think, it remains active. However, portions of its skull shatter into pieces and fall to the floor, already crumbling.
(7338) Agatha: ((attack 2 on #4: [1d20+10] => [19,10] = (29) dmg: [1d10+8] => [10,8] = (18)))
** (7327) Agrovale stands up from his seat and pivots smartly on one heel, then walks through the rear wall, exclaiming, "Thou might be a worthy key after all." **
(7327) DM: The skeletal warrior collapses into powder.
(7338) Agatha: ((following up with cleave))
** (7338) Agatha doesn't know when to stop and follows through into the other walking bone-pile. **
(7338) Agatha: cleave on #3: [1d20+15] => [17,15] = (32) dmg:[1d10+8] => [4,8] = (12)
(7338) Agatha: ((done))
(7327) DM: A third, furious attack sends a collarbone flying from a second skeletal warrior, yet does not seem to cause it to collapse. It tries to swing its sword yet flails about.
(7327) DM: (18, Git)
** (7377) Git takes to a defensive stance, after his last cut(expertise: 5). He takes a quick warding cut at skel6, before tumbling away behind aggy. **
(7377) Git: Dancing +3 Bastardsword Attack Roll: [1d20+9] => [11,9] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d10+3+0] => [8,3,0] = (11)
(7377) Git: (-5, 15 ac)
(7377) Git: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [2,10] = (12)
(7317) Saradar: (( I wish you would have left 6 to me ))
(7377) Git: (eesh, and an aoo, for failed tumble)
(7377) Git: (trust me, it's still there.)
(7327) DM: (18, Ber)
(7327) DM: (20 misses)
(7326) Berard: /Berard looks decidedly pale as he takes a step towards the others, and quickly casts a spell. A single bell rings, as he presses a hand to his wounds.
(7326) Berard: (( (lose shield other -> cure moderate wounds [2d8+9+4] => [4,4,9,4] = (21) ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] => [7,8] = (15)
(7327) DM: (14, Sar)
** (7317) Saradar casts Command Undead on (( 6 )), if it is a skeleton there is no save **
** (7317) Saradar commands the skeleton to attack number 3 **
(7317) Saradar: (( moves and done ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] => [1,8] = (9),[1d20+8] => [14,8] = (22),[1d20+8] => [12,8] = (20)
** (7338) Agatha sees another skeleton coming and doesn't give it a chance. She hacks at it with the enchanted broadsword. ((aoo on #2)) **
(7338) Agatha: aoo: [1d20+15] => [8,15] = (23) dmg:[1d10+8] => [10,8] = (18)
(7327) DM: She almost connects her blade with it, narrowly missing by inches. For their part, the undead fare no better.
(7327) DM: (23, Aga)
** (7338) Agatha stands her ground, eager to put an end to this. ((full attack)) **
(7338) Agatha: ((attack 1 on #2: [1d20+15] => [13,15] = (28) dmg: [1d10+8] => [8,8] = (16)))
(7327) DM: The creature collapses into a pile of dust as its equipment crashes to the floor.
(7327) DM: Its fellows press onwards.
(7327) DM: (18, Git)
(7338) Agatha: ((cleave on #3: [1d20+15] => [3,15] = (18) dmg[1d10+8] => [10,8] = (18)
(7338) Agatha: ((attack 2 on #3: [1d20+10] => [2,10] = (12) dmg: [1d10+8] => [1,8] = (9)))
(7338) Agatha: ((done))
(7377) Git: (delay, can't do much anything tio these creeps)
(7356) Zane (exit): 01:45
(7327) DM: (18, Ber)
** (7326) Berard glares angrily over his shoulder at Saradar, and casts a healing spell on the wounded Git. **
** (7338) Agatha growls in annoyance. The controlled skeleton is getting in the way! **
(7326) Berard: (( lose See Invisible, Cure Moderate Wounds [2d8+9+4] => [1,7,9,4] = (21) ))
(7326) Berard: (done)
** (7377) Git breathes a sigh of relieve as his cut heals over. "Much obliged friend priest." **
(7327) DM: (14, Sar)
** (7317) Saradar casts magic missile on 3 for [5d4+5] => [2,4,1,1,3,5] = (16) damage **
** (7317) Saradar commands His skeleton to withdraw to him **
(7327) DM: It collapses as the others.
(7317) Saradar: Well, you all fared much better than I did the first time
** (7338) Agatha looks at Saradar with a look of suspicion. "How long can you control that thing?" **
(7377) Git: "The pay off of cooperation. Still seems we fell a bit short of the goal though."
(7377) Git: (fire wall still burning?)
(7317) Saradar: He will do my bidding for the next 9 days fair lady
** (7326) Berard paces over to Saradar and points angrily at the skeleton. "You failed to mention you were a necromancer." **
(7327) DM: (yep)
** (7317) Saradar smiles disarmingly **
(7317) Saradar: I am a little of everything
(7377) Git: (there a door behind th flames?)
(7338) Agatha: "Aye, he may prove himself useful yet."
(7326) Berard: :through gritted teeth: "I am an underjudge of the Unseen Voice. We hunt necromancers."
(7317) Saradar: Tis lucky for me I am a wizard then
(7327) DM: (sec)
(7326) Berard: "The distinction is sophistry."
(7338) Agatha: "Save it for later, Berard. In the meanwhile, I could use a spot of help keeping my innards in. Do you mind?"
(7327) DM: The rear wall of the chamber is just that: a wall.
(7377) Git: "Yes please see to Aggy and leave the bigotry for later."
** (7338) Agatha is now clutching her bleeding wound. **
(7327) DM: The wall of flames burns continuously. Other exits lead straight out of the room -- 2 on the left wall and one on the right.
(7377) Git: (any other visible doors int he roo?)
(7326) Berard: "I will heal Agatha, but I will not journey with the unliving."
(7377) Git: :to Berard: "Well.. think of it as 'keeping an eye' on him."
(7317) Saradar: ahh, I think I shall call him "door opener", really I have always wanted a pet undead
(7326) Berard: (( Lose bull strength 1 -> cure moderate wounds [2d8+9+4] => [3,1,9,4] = (17) on Agatha. ))
** (7377) Git heads toward the right hand wall, heading for the door there and searching it for traps and locks. **
** (7317) Saradar seeing that Berard misses the joke, he asks Git "Shall I send him thru one of the doors?" **
** (7338) Agatha breathes easier at the sound of bells and examines her wounds. "Hmm. Still tender, but it'll hold." **
(7377) Git: :shrugs to Saradar: "It does save me some effort. Just let me make sure it isn't locked first."
(7317) Saradar: If he dies, it will make brother Berard much happier
(7326) Berard: (( lose comprehend language -> Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5+2] => [7,5,2] = (14) on Agatha ))
** (7317) Saradar sends the skeleton thru the door once the others are ready **
(7326) Berard: "You do not understand. It is already dead -- a perversion of life. Evil."
(7338) Agatha: "Ahh, there we are. Thank you cleric."
whispering to Lunauc, it's locked but does not seem to be trapped.
(7317) Saradar: Good / Evil I think they are both a little overrated, balance is the nature of the universe
whispering to Lunauc, and you're not able to hear much either
** (7377) Git takes a mometn to get the door unlocked before backing up to let the safety skeleton take any attack from opening the door **
(7338) Agatha: "But put your distaste aside, Berard. Right now, we'll stand a better chance if we stick together."
** (7317) Saradar sends the skeleton forward to open the door **
(7327) DM: The chamber beyond is quite dark.
** (7317) Saradar casts light and looks inside **
** (7377) Git heads carefully into 36 to sword drawn and on the defensive **
** (7338) Agatha sheathes her broadsword and draws the ever-reliable Bar'eth-el. **
(7327) DM: This appears to be some kind of robing room. A large number of black robes can be seen hanging on wooden pegs on both walls. There is a large, iron-banded chest.
(7317) Saradar: Shall I have skelly open it?
(7327) DM: A stone door stands closed at the far end of the chamber. Flickering torchlight can be seen underneath the doorjamb.
(7377) Git: :eyeing the black robes: "Doesn't believe much in variation, huh?"
** (7317) Saradar commands the skeleton to open the chest while everyone stands back **
(7327) DM: Nothing happens after the chest is opened.
(7327) DM: It's stuffed to the brim with all kinds of clerical paraphenalia.
(7327) DM: Bronze and iron censers, knives, platters, candelabra, wick-trimmers and snuffers as well as clothing.
whispering to Zach, on what?
** (7338) Agatha looks to Berard. "Anything you can use?" **
(7326) Berard: (( Berard is still in 28. ))
(7338) Agatha: "Berard, get in here!"
** (7377) Git moves to search the door to 33, while the others go through the chest **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] => [15,12] = (27),[1d20+9] => [12,9] = (21),[1d20+14] => [10,14] = (24)
** (7377) Git listens at the door curiously **
** (7326) Berard sits tailor fashion, leaning against one of the pillars in room 28. **
** (7338) Agatha frowns. "So be it. We don't have time for this." **
(7326) Berard: "I am willing to make common cause with the necromancer in order to deal with the death knight, but I will no more deal with the unliving than I would muder a child. Both, quite simply, are wrong. The end does not justify the means."
(7326) Berard: (( muder = murder ))
(7317) Saradar: I hardly think that using one of the enemy's minions to open doors and set off traps is equivalent to murdering children
** (7338) Agatha turns to the mage. "Can you make anything of this bric-a-brac?" **
(7317) Saradar: Not really
(7326) Berard: "It is manipulating the very essence of unlife; something I am sworn to oppose regardless of convenience."
** (7317) Saradar sends the skeleton to go stand in room 28 **
** (7317) Saradar commands the skeleton to sit on the throne **
(7327) DM: It does so without incident. The wall, by the way, seems to have burnt itself out.
** (7377) Git moves to the others, whispering discretely: "Okay, emotional disputes aside, we have company waiting in the next room. I can hear a handfull of chanters, not sure what they are though, or if they have silent company." **
(7317) Saradar: Stay there skelly, you don't seem to be appreciated
(7317) Saradar: I can subdue a large group with my Evards Tenacles if you think that would help, Git?
(7377) Git: "If it works it would be appreciated."
(7377) Git: "Hopefully it is only 3 of 4 inside."
(7338) Agatha: "If they're mages, this'll only work if we strike fast and hard.
(7317) Saradar: I can take out a 20' radius with large grappling tenacles if you can fire into the area with missile weapons or strike those fleeing the area, that would be outstanding
(7317) Saradar: Shall we open the door?
(7377) Git: "Well, we won't get anywhere standing here."
(7338) Agatha: "They must have heard us by now. We need a decoy."
(7317) Saradar: I can send skelly ahead if you like
(7338) Agatha: "Do it."
(7327) DM: (I recommend we stop here then)


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms