Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
7 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
5 Guests
Registered Users: BrettPag, Maraweild


Back to Tolmara Logs
Welcome to OpenRPG version 1

(43) DM: The interior of the tower chamber is quite dimly lit, save for a few clumps of phosphorescent mold.
** (44) Dj Gilcrease continues down the stairs **
** (44) Kha continues down the stairs **
** (50) Agatha follows, unfamiliar broadsword in hand. **
(43) DM: Haunting flute music continues to ascend from below.
** (48) Git continues down the stairs, watching ahead for the player of flute, or any company, as he tries to place the tune. **
** (47) Berard takes one last look over his shoulder and follows the others. **
(43) DM: At the bottom of the staircase is a vaulted chamber that's empty save for a massive stone throne which has its back towards you. Someone seems to be seated in the throne, and this is where the flute trilling comes from. The chamber is roughly 60' in diameter and filled with rocks and debris.
(43) DM: It's also dimly lit.
** (44) Kha enters the room "Hello." **
(62) Jenna (enter): 23:44
(62) Jenna (exit): 23:45
** (48) Git raises a brow at Kha's greeting, but waits a moment to see what the flute player will do. **
(43) DM: The flute music stops...
(48) Git: :sighs and looks to Kha: "Now why'd you go and interrupt the lovely song?"
(43) Serissra: "Welcome..."
(43) Serissra: "Who may I ssssay isssss calling to Caer Thorne?"
(43) DM: A robed and cloaked figure reclines in the throne, but does not get up to greet you.
** (48) Git circles round the side of the thrown, keeping a respectful(and hopefully relatively safe distance, "Oh, just a humble group. We were technically invited." **
** (44) Kha glances back at Git but ignores him "I was given an invetation, but due to rumors I did not wish to enter the main hall. My name is Kha Operan, Slayer of Khalitarius, Lord of the Citadel of Brass" ** pulls out the box of black Roses ** "My invatation was not very polite." **
(43) Serissra: "I ssssee. Why don't you come clossssser ssso that I can get a good look at you, hmm?"
** (44) Kha heads closer to the throne **
(43) Serissra: "Come closssser..."
** (43) Serissra croons softly **
(48) Git: "PLease, forgive our intrusion. We did not know you were here."
(48) Git: :raises a brow: "This is close enough. I would not wish to invade your personal space."
** (47) Berard stares intently at the throne and the seated figure (Detect Evil) **
(44) Kha: "So I have given you my name, what is yours?"
** (47) Berard nudges Agatha and mouths "Trouble" **
(43) Serissra: "My name isss Sssserisssra. Come closssser..."
** (50) Agatha nods and proceeds into the open, clearly armed. "Kha! That's close enough!" **
(44) Kha: "I am as close as I can get without steping on you. So Serisra where can we find Talakara's Death Knight.?"
** (47) Berard moves over in Git's direction. **
** (43) Serissra turns around and flings back her hood to gaze at Kha. "Ssssserisssssra!!!!!" **
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, Fort
(44) Kha:
"Sorry, I cannot speak that way, it hurts my jaw."

(44) Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+12] => [17,12] = (29)
(43) DM: It's as you expected, except you've never quite seen a medusa up close until now.
** (43) Serissra hisses furiously and bolts upright. (init) **
(44) Kha: "Oh cool you have snakes for hair. I wonder if I could do that to match my snake skin outfit."
(44) Kha: INIT: [1d20+7] => [17,7] = (24)
(48) Git: init: [1d20+4] => [9,4] = (13)
** (50) Agatha is taken aback by sight. "Gods..." **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] => [9,2] = (11)
(50) Agatha: Init: [1d20+3] => [6,3] = (9)
(47) Berard: Init: [1d20] => [9] = (9)
(43) DM: (Kha, 24)
** (44) Kha steps back as she bolt up right "Why are you so mad all of the sudden? I said I was sorry for miss pronouncing your name." ** frowns ((Done)) **
(43) DM: (Git, 13)
** (48) Git draws the bastard sword from his back, offering in warning, "I really will have to insist you cooperate Madam." He keeps his eyes focused down to her torso and away from her head. **
(48) Git: (done)
(43) DM: She twists a ring on her finger (AOO if you wish, Kha and Git)...
(44) Kha: (( Kha isnt armed ATM ))
(48) Git: (out of range)
(43) DM: ...and vanishes.
(43) DM: She vanishes from sight in any event.
** (48) Git closes his eyes and listens for movement **
(43) DM: Hissing is audible however.
(50) Agatha: "What?! Where'd she go?"
(48) Git: "Well.. that's not fair."
** (44) Kha frowns then shrugs "Guess she took it personaly that I miss pronounced her name." **
(48) Git: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [2,9] = (11)
whispering to Lunauc, fairly certain that you could be tired. you hear hissing but where it is, is uncertain. or is it your stomach growling?
** (50) Agatha listens to see where the hissing is. Listen check: [1d20+11] => [2,11] = (13) **
(44) Kha: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [12,15] = (27)
** (44) Kha looks around the room to see if there are any exits other then the one they came in **
(50) Agatha: "Damn it. Berard, can you track that thing?"
(47) Berard: Will save: [1d20+14] => [20,14] = (34)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] => [10,2] = (12)
whispering to Zach, she's about to slip through a crack in the wall. perhaps a secret passage?
(44) Kha: (( are we still operating in Init? ))
(47) Berard: "She's moving past Kha through the wall." :Berard points:
(48) Git: "Through the wall?"
(47) Berard: "A hidden escape route maybe?"
** (50) Agatha runs to where Berard is pointing. "Well, don't just stand there. Stop her!" **
(44) Kha: (( waiting to see if we are still in intit order before acting =p ))
** (50) Agatha takes a wild swing in front of her (using blind-fighting) **
(44) Kha: "Hey why are you attacking her! She did nothing to you."
(50) Agatha: Attack: [1d20+15] => [10,15] = (25)
(43) Serissra: (Ag, 9)
(48) Git: :to Kha: "She.. did justr try to petrify you.. futile as that attempt was."
(50) Agatha: "Kha, it's the damned Medusa! You can't give them a chance."
(43) DM: There's an angry gasp as green blood spurts out of nowhere splattering the flagstones.
(44) Kha: "She what?" ** shrugs **
(50) Agatha: Miss roll: [1d100] => [13] = (13)
(48) Git: "Medusas use their gaze to turn people to stone. That's what she was trying to do when she whipped back her hood and looked at you. I guess the rocks in your head nullified it
(50) Agatha: Miss roll: [1d100] => [100] = (100)
(43) DM: (Ber, 9)
** (47) Berard moves up behind Agatha, biringing the protection of the Magic Circle with him. **
(47) Berard: (Done)
(44) Kha: "Guess so. Never seen a Medusa before. Oh well guess she is gona be realy mad now."
(50) Agatha: "Never saw one either. I thought it was just the stuff of stories."
(48) Git: :to the Medusa: "WE will not harm you, if you stop fighting and running and answer our questions."
** (44) Kha follows after the Medusa keeping himself unarmed "Sorry Agatha tends to over react when she is startled." **
(43) Serissra: "Sssssserissssra doessss not make promisssssessss with cattle!"
(43) Serissra: (24, Kha)
(50) Agatha: "Startled? The damn thing will turn you to stone if you give it the chance!"
(43) DM: (24, Kha)
(48) Git: "Then strike a temporary truce with the ones who could kill you otherwise."
(44) Kha: (( Just tracking her via the blood drops and talking to her ))
(43) DM: (13, Git)
(48) Git: (delay until she reacts)
(44) Kha: "So why are you running away? I didnt even draw my weapon on you."
(43) DM: Something hurriedly moves through the secret door, which is now just a crack in the wall. (uploading a map btw)
(43) DM: (Ag,9)
(50) Agatha: ((so the secrect door is closed then?))
(43) DM: (it's not quite as open as it would be. the medusa apparently slipped through it)
(48) Git: :sighs: "Sick her."
(44) Kha: (( what room are we in? ))
** (50) Agatha tries to squeeze past the door, or at least use the pommel of her sword to keep in open. **
(43) DM: ((the base of the tower -- 12. not shown on the map above))
(43) DM: (the passage 18 leads from it OOC)
(44) Kha: (( Ahh ok ))
(63) QB (enter): 00:45
(43) DM: Something moves down the corridor, as you can see spots of blood on flagstones but the corridor is shrouded in darkness.
(63) QB (exit): 00:46
(43) DM: (past the secret door anyway)
** (44) Kha shakes his head at Agatha "She didnt try to hurt you and she is leading us where we want to go, so why do you insist on choping her up?" **
** (48) Git drags his sword down the wall, scraping the phosporescent moss onto the blade, before heading through the door after the others. **
(48) Git: :to Kha: "To stop her before she warns the guards on us."
(50) Agatha: "She's only leading us because I managed a lucky blow."
(44) Kha: "No, I had seen the door before you came up and hit her."
(47) Berard: "Kha, she is evil. Very, very evil. I assure you that her intentions are not benign."
(50) Agatha: "In case, you haven't noticed, we're outnumbered in this place. If that thing sounds an alarm, we're as good as dead."
(43) DM: The surface of the corridor is scoured smooth as glass -- well, most of it anyway. From what you can tell, it descends deeper into the earth. Something glides hurriedly, hissing angrily.
(64) Farhymn (enter): 00:52
(44) Kha: "Well unless she attacks us or gets the guards to attack us, I will not fight her."
(48) Git: "Fine. you just stand there and feel superior while they come slaughter us."
(48) Git: "We may all die, but at least you'll have the moral high ground."
(50) Agatha: "Aye, I imagine that'll last about 2 ticks 'fore you have to break that. You mind providin' a light in the meanwhile?"
(44) Kha: "Not standing anywhere, following her quite closly"
(47) Berard: "I can handle the light... How much do we want?"
** (47) Berard produces a glass sphere. **
(50) Agatha: "Just enough to see where we're going."
** (47) Berard focuses and the sphere suddenly shines with light, illuminating a 15' radius. **
(47) Berard: "Enough?"
(50) Agatha: ((forgot my dmg roll. [1d10+6+2] => [10,6,2] = (18)))
(50) Agatha: "It'll do."
(47) Berard: "I can adjust it if we need more or less."
** (48) Git follows after Aggy and Kha. **
(65) Zane (enter): 00:59
(43) DM: Haunting flute music can be heard down the corridor...
(43) DM: There's a sharp bend down a few hundred feet...
** (50) Agatha leads the way down the corridor, following the trail of blood as best she can. **
** (50) Agatha stops before the bend and peeks around.
**

whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8+3] => [18,8,3] = (29)
(44) Kha: (( AFK for a smoke before we get in a real fight ))
(43) DM: A whip composed of writhing snakes lashes around the corridor's edge and wraps itself around Kha's thigh as he scoots around the bend. It's wielder becomes visible. It's who you expect...
(43) Serissra: "Ssssserisssssra doessssss not make promisssssessss with cattle!!!!"
** (43) Serissra yanks the whip viciously away from Kha's thigh, scraping off skin and muscle. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+3] => [8,3] = (11)
(43) Serissra: (24, Kha)
(43) DM: (24, Kha)
(48) Git: :to Kha: "How about now?"
(43) DM: (going to skip DJ, moving on)
(43) DM: (13, Git)
** (48) Git groans and chases around the corner after the Medusa, his eyes on her torso to avoid her gaze, as he cuts in with his sword. **
(48) Git: Dancing +3 Bastardsword Attack Roll: [1d20+9] => [12,9] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d10+3+0] => [1,3,0] = (4)
** (43) Serissra is neatly skewered by the dancing blade and hisses angrily. **
(44) Kha: (( back ))
(48) Git: "Sorry, Madam, but I did ask kindly."
** (44) Kha screams "That hurt! You foolish thing I didnt want to have to hurt you." **
(44) Kha: Fortitude save: [1d20+12] => [8,12] = (20)
** (43) Serissra casts off her tattered robes and flicks the snake whip around her arm as she looks directly at Kha, then lashes at him again. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4] => [2] = (2)
(48) Git: (aoo as she 'sheathes' her weapon?)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8+3] => [11,8,3] = (22)
(43) DM: (yes)
(48) Git: Dancing +3 Bastardsword Attack Roll: [1d20+9] => [10,9] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d10+3+0] => [10,3,0] = (13)
(43) DM: As she's about to strike again with the whip, Git's sword flicks across her torso, striking her dead.
(48) Git: "Sorry about that, Madam." :offers as she falls: "But I did ask kindly."
** (50) Agatha runs around the bend to find her job already done for her. **
** (48) Git kneels down to check for the ring that turned her invisible **
(47) Berard: "So... where was she going, I wonder. And why did she stop?"
(50) Agatha: "Well done."
(43) DM: A brass ring can be seen at the base of one of her scaly hands.
** (50) Agatha looks to Kha. "Are you alright lad? **
** (44) Kha wraps his leg as he focuses on himself ""Oneiros, The Lord of Fate, I beg of you, plead with Teleute that these wounds not be fatal." **
(43) DM: The snake whip for its part is still active, though lessening with each passing second.
** (48) Git removes the ring, lookign it over in appraisal. "Neat toy." Then he goes about seeking anything else on her person. **
(44) Kha: "I'll be fine."
** (50) Agatha shrugs as Kha patches himself up. **
** (44) Kha kneels down and picks up the snake whip "Wonder if it will stay alive." **
** (50) Agatha turns to look over the body. "I can't believe the medusa is actually real." **
(48) Git: :raises a brow: "Aggy.. after everything we've seen, this surprises you?"
whispering to Lunauc, just the ring and a snake whip. the whip by the way has a few strange runes you've never seen before
whispering to Lunauc, and a silver spider.
(48) Git: "Kha, Berard, either of you know anything about flaming snake whips?"
(50) Agatha: "The walking dead is nothing new. Harpies sometimes make off with sheep I here. And the rest I'd never even heard of before. But this?"
(47) Berard: "Strange as this may seem, it was not a frequent topic of discussion at the temple."
(50) Agatha: "A snake woman thing with snakes for hair that can turn you to stone. It's absolutely ridiculous."
(48) Git: "You saw a god mage battle an omnipotent efreet."
(44) Kha: "Never seen a flaming snake whip, but I can make flaming spears, so maybe it is similar."
(50) Agatha: "Aye, doesn't mean I believe that either."
** (48) Git picks up a silver spider from the body, holding it by its back in his gloved hand. "Jewlery?" **
whispering to Lunauc, the back of the spider has a rune as well
(47) Berard: "Or a badge?"
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(64) Farhymn' from server... Removing dead client
(64) Farhymn (exit): 01:28
(50) Agatha: "I don't suppose it's a holy symbol for the spider god?"
(48) Git: "No idea." :holds the spider out: "It has runes on it, anyone care to take a look?"
** (47) Berard studies it for a moment, careful not to touch it. **
(47) Berard: (( Detect Evil ))
** (50) Agatha eyes the flute for a moment and ponders it. Then she gazes further down the corridor. **
(47) Berard: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [7,5] = (12)
** (47) Berard shrugs. **
(43) DM: The corridor seems to end in a dead end.
(47) Berard: "It isn't actively evil, but then, neither is a vial of poison."
** (44) Kha flips the whip back and forth a few times trying to make it wake back up as he walks **
(48) Git: (what corridor are we in now?)
(47) Berard: "Why would the medusa stop to play that flute?"
(48) Git: "Hobby I suppose."
(44) Kha: "To warn those ahead."
(43) DM: (18)
(50) Agatha: "Aye, I was thinking the same thing.
(48) Git: :sighs nodding: "I can hope not though, can't I ?"
(50) Agatha: "Hmph. For all the good it will do you, sure."
(48) Git: (which way are we coming from?)
(44) Kha: (( Off map down hall 18 ))
(47) Berard: "Wouldn't the mere appearance of a fleeing, injured medusa have served as sufficient warning?"
(44) Kha: "She was invisible"
** (48) Git continues to the end of the hall, searching for another entrance the medusa was likely heading for. **
(50) Agatha: "And the sound might carry further than we know."
(47) Berard: "But neither inaudable nor intangible. Had she continued, she might have survived."
(47) Berard: "A trap or warding ahead perhaps?"
(47) Berard: "Or an absolute restriction from an intolerant master?"
(43) DM: The passage appears to terminate at a dry stone wall.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] => [7,14] = (21)
whispering to Lunauc, it might take some time but there might be a secret door here
** (48) Git backs up the hall to the bend, checking the walls all the way back to the end again, looking for an entrance **
** (47) Berard increases the light radius to 60'. **
(43) DM: A panel slides in and to the right, and a section of the wall opens inward.
(50) Agatha: "Hmph. Maybe she got locked out."
(50) Agatha: "...Did you do that Git?"
(48) Git: "Maybe..."
** (48) Git sneaks throguh the new opening staying defensive as he moves to look around. **
(43) DM: There's a dry, musty odor in the chamber beyond. This is a circular chamber that seems to be the bottom-most level of a tower. Crates and barrels fill the room.
(43) DM: A wooden door stands closed in one wall.
** (48) Git waves a hand in front of his nose, trying to avoid the musty smell, as he moves to the door, listening for anything beyond, before searching for locks or traps **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] => [19,14] = (33)
** (50) Agatha keeps an eye on the stairs. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] => [11,9] = (20)
whispering to Lunauc, all seems to be silent...
whispering to Lunauc, or rather, you don't seem to hear anything. this was probably a storeroom. the crates are all labelled, as well as the barrels.
** (47) Berard dials back down the light to 15' and moves into the chamber with the others. **
whispering to Lunauc, I say was because it doesn't seem to have been used in months.
(47) Berard: "Well, so far so good."
(50) Agatha: "Famous last words."
** (48) Git opens the door as quietly as he can **
** (44) Kha wanders around the room "Up or though the door. Eeny, meeny, miny, moe. Catch a baby by the toe. If it squeals let it go, Eeny, meeny, miny, moe. Door it is." **
(43) DM: (rofl)
(43) DM: The passage outside is shrouded in darkness, and eerily quiet.
(43) DM: Dust covers the floor, and walls. It doesn't appear as if anyone has been here in ages.
(44) Kha: (( just puting voice to how I normaly decide things for Kha :) ))
(48) Git: :to Kha: "You remember anything useful from your dreamwalk about the layout?"
(44) Kha: "Nope, told you I couldnt get inside."
(48) Git: :shrugs: "Just being hopeful."
(44) Kha: "Now that we are inside I might be able to take a look around if we find a place that is safe to sleep for a few hours."
(48) Git: "Yeah.. you're not sleeping in here."
(48) Git: "Or at the very least, I'm not waiting around for you to do it."
** (50) Agatha bends down and runs a finger along the dusty floor. **
(44) Kha: "Just an idea"
** (44) Kha heads out the door and turns left **
(48) Git: "Berard, Light please."
(47) Berard: "Do you want more light, less light, or a light for your very own?"
(43) DM: The passage runs to the south several hundred feet.
(48) Git: "Light in the hall."
** (44) Kha continues down the hall till he reaches the first door (( 17a )) **
** (47) Berard slowly increases the brightness of the sphere out to 45' **
(43) DM: It's quite dusty, dry and musty.
(43) DM: A pair of wooden doors, banded with silver, stand closed.
(50) Agatha: "Hmph. If that thing was looking for help, it wasn't coming from anywhere around here."
(44) Kha: "Wraiths dont leave tracks."
(47) Berard: "Or it wanted help from something that doesn't leave footprints"
(50) Agatha: "Lovely."
** (48) Git moves to the doors, the closest first, to listen and search it as normal **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] => [13,14] = (27)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] => [10,9] = (19)
whispering to Lunauc, stop stealing my 20s!!! lol. it's locked but not trapped. and no sounds that you can hear.
** (48) Git gets out a pair of picks to workthe first door open **
** (47) Berard moves up to stay within 25' of Git. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] => [15,12] = (27)
(68) Iscariot (enter): 02:13
whispering to Lunauc, opens easily enough
(68) Iscariot (exit): 02:13
** (48) Git gives a wave the others, before he leans in to open the door cautiously **
(43) DM: The room beyond is bathed in darkness.
(43) DM: It's also quite chilly.
** (48) Git leans aside to let Berar's light into the room **
** (47) Berard moves up closer to fully illuminate the room. **
** (44) Kha peers in over Gits sholder **
(43) DM: As light spreads within the chamber, it seems to scatter a few shadows around the room. Like all the other rooms you've been in thus far, the floor is literally covered in dust. Cobwebs hang from corners and the walls. The room contains a number of barrels, crates and boxes. Ropes of garlic hang from the ceiling along with chains of dried sausages.
(43) DM: It's a storeroom, and quite well-stocked.
(48) Git: "For a castle full of undead, they have a lot of supplies around here."
** (48) Git moves to the next door to listen and search for traps, letting the others prod around the storeroom **
(50) Agatha: "Aye, and all of it untouched."
** (44) Kha moves down to the next door since there is nothing interesting in the store room **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] => [6,14] = (20)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] => [10,9] = (19),[1d20+12] => [12,12] = (24)
whispering to Lunauc, as before, locked but not trapped, and seemingly silent.
** (48) Git goes to work picking the lock **
whispering to Lunauc, opens easily enough...
** (48) Git opens the door **
(43) DM: As the other room, this one is covered in dust and cobwebs. Boxes, barrels and crates are stacked to the ceiliing and one wall has a few casks of ale.
(43) DM: Haunches of dried boar and sides of salt pork hang from hooks from the ceiling.
** (48) Git shrugs and continues down the hall. "I think I'm lost." **
(47) Berard: "Certainly not what I was expecting. Should we go up a level?"
** (50) Agatha decides to harvest some food, including some garlic for flavor. **
(43) DM: It's a bit stale.
(50) Agatha: "No there's bound to be something down here. And it seems the guards don't travel here. The ones that walk anyway."
(50) Agatha: ((food is food))
** (44) Kha moves down the hall even further (( 17f )) **
(43) DM: After about another hundred feet, the corridor swerves around to the west and northwest. Another door (19b) is set within one wall and stands closed.
(43) DM: Off to the side near the door is an arch, and through it can be seen a flight of spiral stone stairs leading up.
(43) DM: As the spearman traverses the passage, you can spot a pair of wooden and silver-banded doors in one wall, also closed.
(43) DM: Shadows shroud the corridor.
(50) Agatha: "I just noticed something. There's all this food around, but not a single rat. Not even a trace of one."
(48) Git: "Right. Remind me to complicate their pest contorl agents."
(48) Git: (er... compliment rather)
(48) Git: (afk a sec)
(43) DM: (we can stop here if you want)
(50) Agatha: "I suppose it ain't surprisin' but it's...odd."


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms