Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
19 users online
3 Registered
0 Hidden
16 Guests
Registered Users: CharlesAgils, Loans, Tolstikovweild


Back to Tolmara Logs


Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(58) DM: (that's where we left off a couple weeks ago)
** (59) Kha nods "Sneeking sounds better then killing." **
(53) Zach: :to Git: "How much of a lead do you want before we follow?"
(55) Git: :shrugs: "I'll wave you over."
** (59) Kha looks up and down the wall before heading up the north wall, trying to remain in the shadows of the wall **
(59) Kha: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+28] => [16,28] = (44)
(59) Kha: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+28] => [2,28] = (30)
** (55) Git creeps through the yard, toward teh castle, hoping he's right about how far these harpies can see in the dark. **
(58) DM: A pebble rattles as Kha moves through the yard.
(58) DM: There seems to be some activity near the perimeter of the central keep but it's too far to make it out at this distance. ((OOC: 1 square = 30'))
** (53) Berard watches the two men move off in different directions from the safety of the tower doorway. He is trying to follow Git, waiting for his signal. **
(53) Berard: (( ... by "follow Git", I mean watch where he is headed, not actually move after him. ))
(58) DM: Fluttering wings can be heard, though where exactly is impossible to determine now. Twilight deepens all around you making it seem as if the keep and your surroundings are bathed in deepest night.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] => [9,9] = (18)
whispering to Lunauc, it seems as if none heard or detected Kha's misstep...
** (55) Git keeps watches the skies from beneath the hood of his gray elven cloak, wary of birdies as he heads for the wall. **
** (59) Kha stops half way up the wall to watch Git **
(64) Nathan (exit): 23:20
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, it seems to be a rose garden that you're near the edges of. all is still and silent, and very little movement can be detected...if any.
whispering to Lunauc, Spot
(58) DM: It doesn't seem as if any have detected your presence here in the yard. High above the keep, lights can be seen flickering in a few spires.
(55) Git: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [1,9] = (10)
whispering to Lunauc, oops
whispering to Lunauc, you're at the outer tower
(58) DM: ((if you see no action, it's because I'm whispering to people))
whispering to Zach, what do you plan on doing?
(53) Berard: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [10,3] = (13)
(59) Kha: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [20,5] = (25)
(53) Berard: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [3,3] = (6)
** (59) Kha looks around the garden to see if there is anything interesting ((Taking 20 on search for 22)) **
(58) DM: Several roses are in full bloom -- yellow, red, white and black.
(58) DM: Three fine statues of purest marble can be seen. A rearing stag, a dancing elfmaiden and a gnomish jester. All are exquisite in their detail.
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, you hear a haunting pipe melody somewhere near.
** (55) Git will take a stroll arounf the walls of the castle, while Kha takes his time searching the garden, glancing in arrow slits along the connecting walls and adjacent towers, and looking for silhouettes of guards up on the wall. **
** (59) Kha plucks a few of the black roses and tucks them into the box he recived them the first ones in. the heads off to find the sound **
(55) Git: (might as well do recon.. since I can't for the life of me remember what I was gonna do 2 weeks ago.)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] => [6,9] = (15)
whispering to Lunauc, southwest portion of the yard has a number of slowly moving mounds of plant life and seems to be somewhat marsh-ridden.
whispering to Lunauc, main entrance to the central keep is to the west where the x is
whispering to Lunauc, nw portion of the yard is a tree that's populated by harpies. you can smell them before you sight the tree.
whispering to Lunauc, area 15 seems to be a rose garden. Kha is skulking around there.
whispering to Zach, the wait becomes interminably long...
** (55) Git makes his way around the building and toward the garden to see what Kha's found. **
(55) Git: :whispers: "Dead guards are kind of boring. They just stand there. Don't even know if they're working or just propped up."
whispering to Zach, Git isn't where he moved to....and you're not sure where he is now
(58) DM: There appears to be a partially hidden entrance to the northeastern tower (only Kha and Git can see this since they're there).
(58) DM: Beyond this thorn-covered door is where the panpipes seem to be coming from.
** (59) Kha whispers "Well seems that something is actualy alive in there" **
(55) Git: "Well.. didn't you say something was living here in your dreamwalk?"
(59) Kha: "Yes, but I doubt she plays the pipes."
(55) Git: "What? She's not allowed to be multi-talented?"
(59) Kha: "I'll go get the others, you see if the door is going to kill when we enter" ** heads off without answering Git **
** (59) Kha tries to keep to the shadows and move silently as he heads back **
(59) Kha: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+28] => [17,28] = (45)
(59) Kha: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+28] => [17,28] = (45)
** (55) Git goes to work, looking for traps by or on the entrance. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] => [4,14] = (18)
whispering to Lunauc, you don't seem to detect any traps. the door however is securely locked.
whispering to Lunauc, and covered with thorns
** (55) Git listens at the door, trying to determine how far inside the pipe music is coming from before trying to unlock the door **
whispering to Lunauc, deep within side, perhaps underground?
** (55) Git gets out his tools, using his dagger to move or cut the thorns aside before setting to work unlocking the door **
** (59) Kha whispers to Berard "We found a semi hidden door, Git is working on it now, come on." **
** (53) Berard nods silently, and will follow Kha. **
(58) DM: Cutting through the thorns takes a bit of time, far longer than expected.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] => [1,12] = (13)
(58) DM: Your pick breaks.
** (59) Kha heads back to the door and waits for Git to get it open **
(55) Git: "Dammit." :tosses out the broken pick and get out another to try again.:
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] => [3,12] = (15)
(58) DM: Things don't seem to have improved much, but at least it remains whole.
** (53) Berard slowly scans the area, his gaze lingering on the three statues. (Detect Evil). He then whispers, "Is this door supposed to be the hidden entrance to the castle?" **
(55) Git: :grumbles under his breath as he crouches down to try once mroe.
(55) Git: (still miss it and I'll take 10)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12+10] => [2,12,10] = (24)
whispering to Lunauc, the gods aren't with you tonight
whispering to Lunauc, but that was marginally better
(58) DM: There is a soft click and the door swings open (inwardly)
(55) Git: (.. I do that.. or...?)
(58) DM: (you did that)
(55) Git: (Kha and Berard back with me yet?)
(58) DM: (would it be better if we tabled things until we had 4? because it doesn't seem to be moving tonight)
(58) DM: (I'm assuming they eventually get to where you are, yes.)
(59) Kha: (( yes we are back ))
(55) Git: :glances up to Kah: "So.. what exactly is in there?"
(59) Kha: "No clue, told you I couldnt get inside"
(55) Git: "Right..." :stands up, and tucks his tools away: "Guess we'll just have to be friendly guests then."
** (55) Git creeps in cautiously, a dagger drawn beneath his cloak. **
(58) DM: The door creaks open loudly, as if with rusted hinges. The melody falters a bit but then continues on as if nothing had happened.
(58) DM: Within the tower chamber can be seen piles of rubble, as if the interior has been blasted apart by some powerful force of magicka.
(58) DM: A shattered spiral staircase ascends to nowhere.
(58) DM: Stairs into the depths of the tower can be seen, partially covered by webbing. The melody which drew you here echoes within and seems to emanate from the stairs leading below.
** (59) Kha looks down the stairs **
** (55) Git listens for the source of the pipes, as they make their way in, he sneaks toward the stairs, to glance down for any sight of the player **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] => [6,9] = (15)
whispering to Lunauc, well yes
whispering to Lunauc, there is a strange track here, as if someone or something was sliding along the floor. Parallel lines in the dust suggest a lateral, side to side movement. And you've picked up what seems to be a leathery scale.
(55) Git: :noting the serpentine tracks, looks to Kha, "Snake lady?"
(55) Git: :whispers to Kha, btw:
(59) Kha: "Snake lady? Never met one."
(55) Git: "I have. Might have had a fun night with her too, if she wasn't in that cult. Ah well.."
** (55) Git glances shattered staircase, wondering if it could still be used. **
** (59) Kha starts down the stairs slowly **
(58) DM: The stairs seem to have their guardrails missing.
(58) DM: Dust blankets the steps, but the unmistakeable parallel tracks can be seen as you descend deeper into the ground. A triangular silvery medallion threaded by a double chain of silver lies tossed to one side.
** (59) Kha picks up the madallion **
(59) Kha: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [16,7] = (23)
** (55) Git lets out a sigh, before following Kha down the stares, casting a glance back to Berard to see if the man follows. **
** (53) Berard shrugs and will follow after the other two. **
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, you've seen this before...a long time ago
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, back in Tolmara
(58) DM: It's as if you (Kha) can hear something that seems to be speaking to you from afar.
(58) DM: Memory: ".....The Fellowship advances the philosophy of sanguine cognition, a way to apply a positive order of thought to one's life through what is called the Triad of Inner Strength. We strive to avoid the mistakes made by mystics and sages since the dawn of time. They apply the standards of the past, such as virtues espoused by other faiths such as "Solnor", for example, to qualify the present, and thus they do not perceive it correctly. We seek to examine our present lives each on our own terms and see the world the way it is."
(58) DM: Memory: "....Faith is perfectly adequate for those who feel that they still need it for whatever reason. But no one, not even thyself, thou must admit, can fulfill them perfectly. Therefore other religions are a philosophy that is ultimately based upon failure. We have never claimed that our teachings are a substitute for such things. However, ours is a belief that is based upon success, not failure. The values we teach, m'lady, are applicable to all, regardless of origin. The Triad of Inner Strength is simply three basic values that, when applied in unison, enable one to be more creative, satisfied and successful in life. The three values of the Triad of Inner Strength are Strive For Unity, Trust Thy Brother and Worthiness Precedes Reward. When we say Strive For Unity, it is simply our way of expressing how the people of our kingdom should all cooperate and work together. A worthwhile sentiment, I am certain thou wouldst concur. What The Fellowship means by Trust is that people are all the same and the world is, generally speaking, a supportive, nurturing place. The trust we place in each other is like the opinions that hold our society together. Quite true, wouldst thou not say? Allow me to explain the meaning of Worthiness Precedes Reward. Each one of us seeks something which we desire from life and we must strive to be worthy of that which we seek. It would be difficult for thee to disagree I am quite sure."

(55) Git: "Interesting.." :murmurs as he eyes the medallion in Kha's hands: "That was just laying around on the floor?"
(59) Kha: "Yup" ** tucks it away without saying anything ** "You know what it is?"
(55) Git: "Unfortunately... Last time I saw one was in Tolmara. A Yuan-ti cult was setting up shop int he city, using that symbol."
(59) Kha: "Ahh, I was busy researching other matters while you were playing with the snake ladies."
(55) Git: "Didn't think I'd see any of them out here. Though I wonder why the medallion was tossed randomly on the ground."
(55) Git: :looks to Berard: "You're from around here, right? Any idea about their local interests?"
(53) Berard: "No... I'm not actually. I can't say that I know anything about a Yuan-ti cult either. What symbol is this?"
(55) Git: "Eh.. some fellowship cult. They were playing to the poor and down trodden back in Tolmara, figure they would be doing the same here. Don't know why one would be in the home the undead though. Shall we go ask?"
(53) Berard: "Was this spider woman Kha saw involved?"
(70) Zen Clark (enter): 01:17
(55) Git: :shrug: "They were snakes last time I met em.. according to the slithering tracks.. still are."
(59) Kha: "No she had already tied to kill me and ran off before we made it to Tolmara"
(59) Kha: "Though we did see here again once while in the city." ** shrugs and continues down the stairs **
whispering to Zach, you've heard of this "Fellowship" business but they're relatively new to Kern
** (53) Berard murmurs "I mistrust coincidence." **
(70) Zen Clark (exit): 01:19
whispering to Zach, you've heard rumors that these snake people are either from the Fhaard or from the Sunless Lands
** (55) Git continues down with Kha, figuring they are safe as long as the music does not stop, but still stays alert for surprises. **
(55) Git: (afk a min)
(59) Kha: (( If there is gona be a fight I think we should wait till next week when Agatha is here as well ))
(58) DM: The stairs continue down, deep within the earth. The temperature drops as well, growing progressively cooler and damper.
(58) DM: ((I concur. Trying to stretch it out.))
(53) Berard: (( But everyone could be friendly and happy to see us. ))
(58) DM: ((lol))
Attempting to DISABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now unmoderated


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms