Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
23 users online
3 Registered
0 Hidden
20 Guests
Registered Users: CharlesAgils, nkfdsert, Pamler


Back to Tolmara Logs
[Fri Jun 29 21:07:28 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: What has gone before: (34) Asianna Corsair: "Oh no, not at all

[Fri Jun 29 21:07:28 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: What has gone before: (34) Asianna Corsair: "Oh no, not at all. You saved me from an eternity of boredom."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "And who might you be? I seem to detect a hint of Wylundin."
(30) Git: "Can't be.. he was getting to the good part, after all..." :sarcastically chimes:
(34) Asianna Corsair: "I couldn't really hear, for the fumes in his breath."
(30) Git: "Oh, me? I go by the name Aragit Fellthorn, and yes, I do hale from Wylund."
(30) Git: "Well, the stinking breath may have been for effect.. mimic the giants and all.."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "I can't say I've had the pleasure. Asianna Corsair."
(30) Git: "That's how you can tell a truly dedicated storyteller." :jests:
(34) Asianna Corsair: "I've met many who could run rings around his tales. Including Gar... I meant the Magister. Remind me to tell you sometime about his um...fireballs."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "You've heard of the Magister, yes? Being from Wylund and all."
(30) Git: "Yes... I've met the old pervert. Even invited him to judge a contest for me before I left Tolmara last. I wonder how that turned out."
** (34) Asianna Corsair chuckles out loud. "He is an old pervert!" **
(30) Git: "Yes, half the reason we got on so well, I fear."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "A certain spell of his, after one of his old lovers named Tabetha. It's infamous, I gather, amongst magi of the Diamond Citadel."
(30) Git: :raises a brow: "Oh, how so?"
(34) Asianna Corsair: "Or was it Matilda? I can't remember."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "Not only does it diddle, it causes damage. One can't have pleasure without a little pain, or so I'm told." (giggles)
(30) Git: "Heh... remind me to take up magicks one of these days."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "That brings back memories. There was the time we took on a tribe of warriors from the Void, along with an elder crimson drake. It tried to convince us that it would act in an honorable manner if we spared its' life. I put an end to that notion quickly."
(30) Git: "Oh, what'd you do?"
(34) Asianna Corsair: "Never trust a crimson drake's word if you can help it. And this drake was no different. A honeyed tongue you'd never heard, but this one had it all. Phlogostrassa, I believe her name was. Heartflame in the language of humans."
** (30) Git settles in by Asianna, listening with interest to her tale. **
(30) Git: (step one to getting a girl: Listen to all their boring stories)
(34) Asianna Corsair: "I listened, spoke to Ayyers, had a little conference. Dobhalain tried to convince us of the balance of good versus evil but in the end, reason won out."
(30) Git: "Ah.. your skills as a Truthteller, huh? Hammish was telling me something of that impressive tallent."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "After a battle with those warriors in the silver Void, we were in no mood to deal with the likes of a lying, conniving drake of hellflame. Wingbiter tasted drake blood that day."
(30) Git: "Wingbiter?"
(34) Asianna Corsair: "My sword." (pats a sheathed and tied-off longsword by her side)
(34) Asianna Corsair: "Courtesy of a long-dead liche." (smiles faintly at the memory)
(30) Git: "How theatrical. Maybe I should name my weapons. Though I've never been very good at that sort of thing."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "I suppose. So what brings you to this farflung corner away from home?"
(30) Git: "Divine transposition."
(30) Git: "Numerous times.."
(30) Git: "At the moment we're set to go against the council of the Nine, and we come here seeking like minded aid, my comrades and I that is.
(30) Git: "Though, aren't you rather far from home yourself?"
(34) Asianna Corsair: "I'm travelling with Hammish. You might have met him already. It's been an interesting week so far and I'm glad it's almost over."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "I can't wait to be on the road again. Too much time being spent cooped up here, if you know what I mean."
(30) Git: "Oh? Some certain daunting task you had to perform in this week?"
(34) Asianna Corsair: "No, just lots of feasting. I like good food as much as anyone else but it seems we've done nothing but eat and make merry."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "Not that I have anything against that sort of fun. But it seems a bit pointless. Supposedly there was to have been some surprise today, but so far I've not seen any."
(30) Git: :forces a mock frown: "Oh, how horrible for you. While I was out, crawling in a dank dungeon, getting immolated to death, ressurrected, then poisoned, and almost dying before making the trek all the way out here, you were being tortured with feast and merriment. You poor woman."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "Personally I'd have rather traded places with you."
(30) Git: :smiles: "I had a feeling i was going to like you."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "Most of the people here are nice enough I suppose. A bit too many stuffed up and full of themselves like Randy, O Mandy."
(30) Git: "Well.. better full of themselves than someone else..." :glances skywayrd: "..and I'm not entirely sure what I mean by that."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "Though Dame Gold is better than most. At least she has what Ayyers used to call 'the common touch'."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "So what's your story?"
** (34) Asianna Corsair takes a seat by the fire in the study. **
(30) Git: :nonchalantly: "Nothing of great reknown. I come from Tolmara, where I worked in the brokering of goods and information. Eventually, it was necessary for me to leave the position though, and I took to a travelling life, which brought me in contact with the crew I currently serve with. A few zaney adventures later, here we are, set to battle the Kernin forces before they can build a sufficient army against Wylund."
(30) Git: "Nothing to outlandish." :lies:
(34) Asianna Corsair: "Interesting. And what makes you believe that they're building a force up?"
** (17) Kha wanders off to find Git **
(34) Asianna Corsair: "So you're a thief." (flatly)
(30) Git: :shakes his head: "You know how it goes.. a bunch of Doomsayers started babbling prophecies and warning of an impending war, and some idiot is bound to come investigate for them."
(30) Git: :corrects: "I am an Agent of Justice." :raises his fist dramatically:
(34) Asianna Corsair: "Actually, I know all too well. But it's always interesting hearing from another person, their experiences and all."
** (34) Asianna Corsair snorts. "And I'm the rump of a dun colored pony, and my sword is the pony's tail." **
(17) Kha: "You dont look like a rump. But I have been known to be wrong"
(30) Git: "Then may your hooves carry you swiftly." :offers in strange blessing:
(34) Asianna Corsair: "You seem about as much an agent of justice as I am a paladin in shining armor. How's Shylock Shelly these days?"
** (17) Kha walks up next to Git **
(17) Kha: "You bringing the Truthteller or flirting?"
** (34) Asianna Corsair studies the flames, not waiting for your response. **
** (30) Git glances up to Kha. "I am fully capable of doing both, I'll have you know." **
(34) Asianna Corsair: "If you ever see Shelly, please do give him my regards. He owes me a tenth of a tenth of a coffer of crowns."
(17) Kha: "Well you seem to have forgoten how to bring someone." ** looks at Asianna ** "You the Truthteller?"
(30) Git: "Hmph..." :looks back to Asianna: "I'm not really on speaking terms with anyone in the Network any longer."
** (34) Asianna Corsair turns around to regard Kha. "Hammish's been spreading tales, hasn't he?" **
** (34) Asianna Corsair sighs. **
(30) Git: :peers to Kha: "i said I'm capable.. not willing." :sighs:
(17) Kha: "Something like that, I am confused about why we need a Truthteller though."
(17) Kha: "Anyway I am boared and if we dont do whatever it was Git was sent to get you for I am gona go look for something interesting to do."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "No? Not on speaking terms? That's mildly interesting. The Ravens have wings that stretch far and wide. They don't let their talons free."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "So why don't you tell me who your friend is and what you want from me."
** (17) Kha turns and starts heading back to Agatha **
(30) Git: :watches Kha walk away: "That's the amazing man of zero personality. Astounding, ain't he?"
(34) Asianna Corsair: "I'm sure he's a charmer when he wants to be. He reminds me of a certain dwarf actually."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "The silent ones usually surprise you when you least expect it. You were saying?"
(17) Kha: ** Arives back at Agatha ** "Git decided to flirt with the Truthtell instead of bringing her here." ** looks a little confused ** "Must be hard to flirt with a Truthteller."
(30) Git: :muses idly: "And we were having such a lovely chat" :straightens up: "Right then... my friends and I would like to get any aid and information from those gathered here that we can, but many distrust us as strangers. Thus, we require someone to vouch for us... a truthteller such as yourself could prove us well enough for some."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "I see. Or at least I think I see. And what do you want in exchange?"
(36) Agatha: "That won't discourage Git I reckon."
(30) Git: "From you." :grins: "I could think of a few things, if you are offering. But in general, we are only seeking trust here."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "Only trust? That's really hard to believe."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "I don't even need to...concentrate to know that's not what you're after."
(30) Git: "Then tell me I am lying." :speaks flatly:
(34) Asianna Corsair: "There's a bit of stretching going on. Not much, of course. But just a bit."
** (36) Agatha shakes her head. "A beautiful elf woman with nimble, sticky fingers. I should have wagered money on the outcome." **
(34) Asianna Corsair: "It's hard for me to believe that two, maybe three people could raise trouble for what the Kernin."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "There's more to this than 'being agents of justice'."
(30) Git: :raises a brow: "Hmm... Well.. perhaps if you speak with my friends, you will be able to discern more. I could dazzle you with tales of gods, and Prophecies, but I won't speak of things I put no trust in."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "You could, I suppose. Make the tale more interesting. Has to be better than Randy, O Mandy's tale of heroism."
(30) Git: :grins: "It is a very long story. Perhaps I'll tell it to you if you have a night and a day free to tell it in."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "I have quite a few nights available. Are you proposing?"
** (34) Asianna Corsair leans in and kisses you on the cheek. **
(30) Git: "Well, if you'd accept, I'd find it hard to refuse."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "Third door on the left on the second floor. Ebonwatch rising two. Don't be late."
** (34) Asianna Corsair gets up and smiles faintly at Git before stepping out of the room. "And while you're at it, bring a bottle of mintwater." **
(30) Git: "Yes, Madam." :adds: "Oh.. and about my friends..."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "Tell them they're sharing with Hammish. He has room to spare." (over her shoulder)
** (30) Git chuckles. "As you wish." **
(34) DM: You (Agatha) spot a tall, beautiful elven maiden ascending the staircase to the second floor and dangling a familiar looking coin purse by her side.
** (30) Git heads out to meet the others. "Well, she seems kind enough." **
** (17) Kha head up the stairs after her "You gona help us or not, I dont wana waste the night sitting here waiting when I could be out hunting down a lost rat." **
** (36) Agatha grins. "That so? I just lost a wager to Master Whitecoin here. Could you spare me a crown?" **
(36) Agatha: ((to Git))
(30) Git: :shakes his head, grinning: "Nah.. my purse is gone."
(36) Agatha: "And you aren't going to go after it?"
(30) Git: "I'll worry about that. In the meantime..." :turns to Hammish: "Asianna suggest the team stay in your quarters tonight, that way you can speak privately with them in matters concering the Nine."
** (34) Asianna Corsair turns around. "You could at least have manners." **
(34) Asianna Corsair: "I've spoken to street urchins with more courtesy than you."
(34) Hammish of Whytecoin: "She has?" (seems crestfallen)
(17) Kha: "Sorry, I dont like waiting around when someone who was recently a slave and now is scared for his life is running around on unfamilar streets."
(34) Hammish of Whytecoin: "Well there's no getting around it then. I have a few beds to spare."
(30) Git: :nods seriously to Hammish: "Yes, any information you can give us would be greatly appreciated."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "I don't like getting involved in situations I have no control over. And no information as well."
(30) Git: :to Aggy: "Well... sleep tight."
** (30) Git turns to walk away. **
(17) Kha: "Smart, then just tell them you wont help so we can get on with the buisness of taking down then Nine, and you can go back to your parties."
(36) Agatha: "Oh, Git! One more thing."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "We'll talk in the morning. Your friend wants something from me, and I mean to get something in return."
** (30) Git stops to glance back over his shoulder. **
(17) Kha: "Ok whatever, if I am still here in the morning I'll be at the Inn. We have several rooms there. But for now I am going back to hunting down my lost friend."
(34) Asianna Corsair: "It isn't every day I see a Raven that's lost it's way in this part of the woods. Good evening."
** (17) Kha heads off again, back to searching the streets **
(34) Asianna Corsair: "He really has no personality. I could've been wrong. Oh well, it won't be the first time." (shrugs)
(30) Git: :to Aggy: "Yes?"
** (36) Agatha says with a mixture of smugness and concern. "The Cloak you took from Zathis was cursed with some magic disease. You may want to get to a temple before seeing the elf woman to er..get your purse back." **
(30) Git: :blinks: "Lovely... well... I'm feeling fine so far..." :to Hammish: "Can it wait until morning?"
(34) Hammish of Whytecoin: "As I am not a priest, I cannot tell. I only divined the nature of the cloak."
(30) Git: :sighs: "How far is the nearest person who could tell me?"
(34) Hammish of Whytecoin: "Perhaps Maeve can summon the Wisdom here if you feel unwell."
(30) Git: :Shakes head: "I feel fine so far."
(30) Git: "Are you sure that it's an unavoidable disease.. I couldn't have resisted it?"
(34) Hammish of Whytecoin: "While the White Temple is in Heathwatch and quite some time away, it is my understanding that this village has a Wisdom in residence who might be of some use."
(34) Hammish of Whytecoin: "You might have resisted it to still be alive today."
(34) Hammish of Whytecoin: "It is possible."
(30) Git: "Great.. if I feel horrible later I'll have the Wisdom summoned, and I'll take a stop by in the morrow."
(34) DM: (remember that it took a week to get to Safeton from Heathwatch, on foot. with a stop by Zathis' tomb on the way.)
** (30) Git turns away: "Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to see what this manse has in the way of mintwater." **
** (30) Git goes to ask the servants about a bottle, and where abouts he can get cleaned up before the appointed hour. **

[Fri Jun 29 21:07:32 2007] : (99) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering): Zach
[Fri Jun 29 21:07:40 2007] : (73) DM: (that was from last session)
[Fri Jun 29 21:08:51 2007] : (73) DM: (so it's been a few days since and you're on the road to Caer Thorne. the villagers pointed you in the direction of Talakara's castle and helped replenish your supplies as a sort of reward for having saved Dame Gold's life.)
[Fri Jun 29 21:08:57 2007] : whispering to Zach, Lunauc, Gautam, TaliesinNYC, (GW): Oh, I am guessing we hung around long enough to see if Madem Gold recovered from the mind wipe that Kha undid, to see if she remembered what the Aes Sedi was attempting to make her forget
[Fri Jun 29 21:09:15 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: (GM Whisper:) yes
[Fri Jun 29 21:09:22 2007] : Font is now Sans point size 15
[Fri Jun 29 21:09:59 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Fri Jun 29 21:10:00 2007] : (85) Lunauc: (GW): don't know
[Fri Jun 29 21:10:31 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: (GM Whisper:) its still a little hazy but apparently she had overheard a conversation between someone at her manse and a member of the Nine, something about a meeting amongst the Nine to take place in their secret city.)
[Fri Jun 29 21:10:33 2007] : ** (99) Kha is walking along with a rat on his arm, chitering at it as if talking, as he follows Agatha and Git **
[Fri Jun 29 21:10:43 2007] : (85) Git: ((aahhh.. we missed the whole "Dame Golds, After Hours" scenes)
[Fri Jun 29 21:10:53 2007] : Font is now Sans point size 15
[Fri Jun 29 21:11:23 2007] : ** (76) Agatha knows there was no life-saving whatsoever, but she's not about to argue free hand-me-downs and goods. **
[Fri Jun 29 21:12:39 2007] : ** (85) Git marches along watching the surroundings and ignoring the man with the rat. **
[Fri Jun 29 21:13:31 2007] : (76) Gautam: (GW): Don't worry, we'll cover the late-night shenanigans later. Note: Git may or may not have had a bucket of ice-cold water thrown in his face when he opened the door during the night.
[Fri Jun 29 21:14:29 2007] : (73) DM: Lightly wooded hills roll by, quite a pastoral scene in contrast to your eventual destination. According to what Hammish mentioned, the Ashen Mountains are so named due to the number of active volcanoes that lie amidst some of its snow capped peaks.
[Fri Jun 29 21:15:04 2007] : (85) Lunauc: (GW): Assuming I made it back to the room. Hehehe.. aaalllriiiiight.. Giggiddy-giggidy.
[Fri Jun 29 21:16:02 2007] : (73) DM: Whether the road wends near them is a matter of speculation since most Kernin are not rural folk. The mountain range is quite vast and stretches from near the border to the plains of Hyboras to the forest of Heremark, far to the southeast.
[Fri Jun 29 21:16:35 2007] : (76) Gautam: (GW): Who said it was the door to Git's room?
[Fri Jun 29 21:16:46 2007] : (85) Lunauc: (GW): ....
[Fri Jun 29 21:16:58 2007] : (73) DM: You can see the range looming on the horizon, and perhaps a hint of gloom around one or two peaks. Or perhaps it's just your mind playing tricks -- about the gloom, that is.
[Fri Jun 29 21:17:04 2007] : (76) Gautam: (GW): ...Oh.
[Fri Jun 29 21:18:11 2007] : (73) DM: IT'
[Fri Jun 29 21:18:53 2007] : (73) DM: It's roughly close towards early evening of the fourth day from Safeton.
[Fri Jun 29 21:19:42 2007] : (99) Kha: "So are we going with my idea of just knocking on the door and saying hello, or attempting to sneek in?"
[Fri Jun 29 21:20:16 2007] : (85) Git: :back over his shoulder to Kha: "Don't know yet."
[Fri Jun 29 21:21:18 2007] : (99) Kha: "Well better decide soon, we are getting closer and if we get within a day of the place and you have not decided, then we are going with my idea. Or I should say I am going with my idea anyways."
[Fri Jun 29 21:22:06 2007] : ** (99) Kha chitters at the rat then sets it on the ground letting it scamper back into the woods **
[Fri Jun 29 21:22:16 2007] : ** (76) Agatha has made considerable progress in her book, but she sighs when she notices how much more there is too the book. What is it about writing a book that makes one beat around the bush so much. **
[Fri Jun 29 21:22:45 2007] : (85) Git: :groans: "I haven't decided, because I don't know the layout, or how well defended it is. If sneaking in would be near impossible, I'll gladly let you stroll up to the door. Besides, we have no idea what we're walking into this time.. not that we ever do."
[Fri Jun 29 21:23:30 2007] : (99) Kha: "I know the layout and the defenses. I also have an Idea of what we are walking into."
[Fri Jun 29 21:23:55 2007] : ** (76) Agatha looks up and reflects on her encounters over the many months. Perhaps it isn't just writers. Or more folks are plannin' to write a book than you think. **
[Fri Jun 29 21:24:10 2007] : ** (85) Git stops in his tracks. "You what?" **
[Fri Jun 29 21:24:41 2007] : ** (76) Agatha snaps out of it and joins the conversation. "How do you know that?" **
[Fri Jun 29 21:25:58 2007] : (99) Kha: "I told you I visited the place in the Dream World before we even got to the Well."
[Fri Jun 29 21:26:43 2007] : (99) Kha: "You just rarly listen to what I have to say."
[Fri Jun 29 21:26:52 2007] : (85) Git: :blinks at Kha: "And could you draw out a map and descriptions of the defenses from memory?"
[Fri Jun 29 21:27:01 2007] : (76) Agatha: "Oh? Well, with information like that, how can we go wrong?"
[Fri Jun 29 21:28:08 2007] : (83) Hevnen (enter): 21:28
[Fri Jun 29 21:28:31 2007] : (99) Kha: "Sure. I could also visit again tonight. And if you want to sneek in I may be able to get us in."
[Fri Jun 29 21:28:59 2007] : (85) Git: "And... it didn't occur to you to bring this up before now?"
[Fri Jun 29 21:30:00 2007] : ** (99) Kha sits down and draws out the layout of the exterior of the Manor, it's defenses from memory **
[Fri Jun 29 21:30:35 2007] : ** (85) Git just looks up from the drawing Kha, to Aggy and shakes his head **
[Fri Jun 29 21:30:49 2007] : (99) Kha: "I did bring it up before now. Which I just told you. Again you dont listen to me very well"
[Fri Jun 29 21:31:02 2007] : (76) Agatha: "Git, you can't be serious! Granted, the lad got lucky finding a hole in the sand, but a whole map? That's just nonsense!"
[Fri Jun 29 21:31:10 2007] : (85) Git: "Well, you usually just babble nonsense"
[Fri Jun 29 21:32:15 2007] : (83) Hevnen (exit): 21:32
[Fri Jun 29 21:32:31 2007] : (85) Git: "And though you mentioned taking a dreamwalk there, you neglected to say you could recall useful recon info about the place."
[Fri Jun 29 21:33:11 2007] : (99) Kha: "I dont babble, you just fail to see the significance of what I say."
[Fri Jun 29 21:33:19 2007] : (45) Peter (exit): 21:33
[Fri Jun 29 21:33:52 2007] : (85) Git: "Yeah, yeah, less talkie, more drawie."
[Fri Jun 29 21:34:11 2007] : (99) Kha: "Any ways I'll pay another visit tonight to see if I can find any other info out. Besides the fact that Talakara seems to control the power of a God"
[Fri Jun 29 21:34:44 2007] : ** (99) Kha finishes drawing everything he remembers in silence **
[Fri Jun 29 21:35:02 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, Now would be a good time to have Zach walk in on the group
[Fri Jun 29 21:35:05 2007] : (76) Agatha: "Aye, now that's something you could have left out."
[Fri Jun 29 21:35:28 2007] : (99) Kha: "I told you that before as well."
[Fri Jun 29 21:35:31 2007] : ** (76) Agatha watches Kha out of curiosity. **
[Fri Jun 29 21:35:49 2007] : ** (85) Git looks over the map as Kha puts in the last details. "I don't suppose you know any guard details on the place." **
[Fri Jun 29 21:37:59 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: (GM Whisper:) k
[Fri Jun 29 21:38:31 2007] : (99) Kha: "All I saw were undead. I could not get inside the Manor due to Talakara having the power of either Oneiros or Mania. Which prevents mortals from entering an area in the Dreamrealm."
[Fri Jun 29 21:39:00 2007] : (73) DM: As Kha prattles on, you're aware of audible snoring nearby.
[Fri Jun 29 21:39:35 2007] : (85) Git: "Right.." :blinks at the sound of snoring, and glances about for the source:
[Fri Jun 29 21:40:48 2007] : ** (76) Agatha tries to follows the sound with her eyes, hopefully to it source. **
[Fri Jun 29 21:41:40 2007] : (73) DM: You round a bend in the road and come across a hill -- a grass-covered mound really. Halfway up the hill's gentle slope is a well. Snoring is audible up the slope.
[Fri Jun 29 21:42:20 2007] : ** (99) Kha looks up the slope **
[Fri Jun 29 21:42:21 2007] : ** (85) Git ignores the snoring, as he moves on, examining the map as he goes. **
[Fri Jun 29 21:42:22 2007] : (73) DM: [er, follow the sound around a bend in the road. had this typed out in advance.] => er, follow the sound around a bend in the road. had this typed out in advance.
[Fri Jun 29 21:42:51 2007] : (73) DM: Someone seems to be propped up next to the well, fast asleep.
[Fri Jun 29 21:43:16 2007] : (99) Kha: "Not a very safe spot to be falling asleep. Not with Shai`tan's minons out and about anyways." ** shouts ** "Hoolow there!"
[Fri Jun 29 21:43:45 2007] : (73) DM: More snoring.
[Fri Jun 29 21:44:21 2007] : ** (99) Kha picks up and rock and tosses it at the sleeping man as he continue up the mound **
[Fri Jun 29 21:44:35 2007] : (85) Git: "Safe or not, it's their choice where to sleep. Don't annoy strangers."
[Fri Jun 29 21:45:39 2007] : ** (76) Agatha leans over to Git. "Did he say Shai'tan?" **
[Fri Jun 29 21:46:07 2007] : (85) Git: "Yep/"
[Fri Jun 29 21:46:47 2007] : ** (76) Agatha sighs. "Lovely." **
[Fri Jun 29 21:47:03 2007] : (99) Kha: "Not nice to leave a stranger to the fate of the Aes Sedi we found on our way here either Git."
[Fri Jun 29 21:47:37 2007] : (85) Git: "Once more.. their choice. Besides.. might just be a highwayman's trap."
[Fri Jun 29 21:47:41 2007] : whispering to Zach, ** POKE POKE **
[Fri Jun 29 21:47:58 2007] : ** (85) Git keeps walking **
[Fri Jun 29 21:48:04 2007] : (70) Berard: "Mrph".
[Fri Jun 29 21:48:09 2007] : (99) Kha: "Then better to spring the trap and kill them then to leave then to pester the locals."
[Fri Jun 29 21:48:17 2007] : ** (70) Berard sits up, looking a bit perplexed. **
[Fri Jun 29 21:48:26 2007] : (76) Agatha: "Aye, but if he's out here by himself he's other tough enough to handle himself or he's a bloody fool. Either way, there's no point in waking the fellow."
[Fri Jun 29 21:48:33 2007] : (85) Git: "Why kill them. They're just making a living."
[Fri Jun 29 21:48:34 2007] : (73) DM: The stranger appears to be a slim, elegantly tailored young man with black hair and blue eyes. His black garments, though subdued in design, are of the most fashionable cut and highest quality materials. A heavy looking ring is worn on his left hand.
[Fri Jun 29 21:49:05 2007] : (99) Kha: "Ahh, not a wise place to fall asleep alone friend."
[Fri Jun 29 21:49:22 2007] : (70) Berard: "Hello there, stranger, I was not asleep, but merely... ah... deep in thought."
[Fri Jun 29 21:49:24 2007] : (107) Telgore (enter): 21:49
[Fri Jun 29 21:49:46 2007] : (99) Kha: "Looks like sleep to me" ** smirks **
[Fri Jun 29 21:50:03 2007] : (99) Kha: (( *Looked ))
[Fri Jun 29 21:50:27 2007] : (70) Berard: "Ahem. Well, yes, I can see how one might think that."
[Fri Jun 29 21:50:49 2007] : (107) Telgore (exit): 21:50
[Fri Jun 29 21:50:58 2007] : (99) Kha: "There are better ways to make a living then stealing from people who are willing to work for a living."
[Fri Jun 29 21:51:42 2007] : (99) Kha: "Anyways I figured I should warn you there are minions of Shai`Tan out and about in these parts."
[Fri Jun 29 21:52:04 2007] : (85) Git: :sighs: "Would you stop saying that."
[Fri Jun 29 21:52:12 2007] : (70) Berard: "Ah. I am actually waiting for someone. You perhaps."
[Fri Jun 29 21:52:29 2007] : (70) Berard: "You would not happen to be familiar with a man named Fellthorn, now would you?"
[Fri Jun 29 21:52:50 2007] : (76) Agatha: "What's it to you?"
[Fri Jun 29 21:53:04 2007] : (99) Kha: "What, would you prefer I call him Leafblighter, the Dark One, or some other name? He is a non native Deity. Whatever name you decide to call him he will know you are talking about him."
[Fri Jun 29 21:53:27 2007] : (70) Berard: "I am investigating the attempted kidnapping and murder of that man."
[Fri Jun 29 21:53:43 2007] : (99) Kha: "I think thats what Git's surname is. Isnt it?"
[Fri Jun 29 21:53:45 2007] : ** (85) Git looks up to the stranger spewing his name **
[Fri Jun 29 21:53:55 2007] : (70) Berard: "You are familiar with the name then."
[Fri Jun 29 21:54:12 2007] : ** (85) Git gives Kha a sharp glance. **
[Fri Jun 29 21:54:29 2007] : ** (76) Agatha slaps a hand on Kha's mouth quickly. "Maybe." **
[Fri Jun 29 21:54:47 2007] : (99) Kha: "Your network friends catching up to you Git?"
[Fri Jun 29 21:55:09 2007] : (99) Kha: (( that came out all mumbled due to Agathas hand over his mouth ))
[Fri Jun 29 21:55:10 2007] : (85) Git: :to the stranger: "And how would you know of this Fellthorn's kidnapping and/or murder?"
[Fri Jun 29 21:55:33 2007] : ** (85) Git ignores Kha, barely restraining himself from smacking the twit. **
[Fri Jun 29 21:55:48 2007] : ** (76) Agatha takes a moment to size up the stranger. **
[Fri Jun 29 21:56:05 2007] : (70) Berard: "Attempted kidnapping or murder! Indeed, perhaps a preventable occurance!"
[Fri Jun 29 21:56:20 2007] : (76) Gautam: (GW): Sense motive to to estimate how tough he is in a fight.
[Fri Jun 29 21:56:23 2007] : ** (99) Kha pushes Agathas hands away "I'll stay quiet." **
[Fri Jun 29 21:56:32 2007] : (85) Git: :grins: "Well, one would hope so."
[Fri Jun 29 21:56:47 2007] : (76) Gautam: (GW): Sense Motive [1d20+10] => [1,10] = (11)
[Fri Jun 29 21:57:03 2007] : (76) Gautam: (GW): Well shit.
[Fri Jun 29 21:57:09 2007] : (70) Berard: "But where are my manners? Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Berard, and I am a wandering priest who sometimes investigates certain, shall we say peculiar events."
[Fri Jun 29 21:57:54 2007] : (85) Git: "It's nice to meet you. You may call me Folan Serius."
[Fri Jun 29 21:58:07 2007] : (76) Gautam: (GW): I think he's some dark Shai'tan priest, don't I?
[Fri Jun 29 21:58:10 2007] : (70) Berard: "A few months ago, a certain list of names happened to come into my possession. The good Fellthorn, Aragit Fellthorn, was on this list."
[Fri Jun 29 21:58:50 2007] : ** (99) Kha goes and sits off to one side and chitters into the woods until a Rat comes out and sits on his lap **
[Fri Jun 29 21:58:52 2007] : (99) Kha: (( AFK for a smoke ))
[Fri Jun 29 21:58:55 2007] : (85) Git: "Good you say..? Does this list have some description of him?"
[Fri Jun 29 21:59:23 2007] : (70) Berard: "Not in the least Master Serius."
[Fri Jun 29 21:59:57 2007] : (85) Git: "Ah.. that is... vague. So who else is on this mystery list?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:00:28 2007] : (70) Berard: "An excellent question! I too wondered about the names, so I did what any reasonable man would."
[Fri Jun 29 22:00:38 2007] : (70) Berard: "I started at the top and worked my way down."
[Fri Jun 29 22:01:20 2007] : ** (76) Agatha has let Kha's blather and her ignorance of priestly orders get the better of her. She decides something isn't right. **
[Fri Jun 29 22:01:28 2007] : (70) Berard: "Unfortunately, the names above Fellthorn's belong to men who no longer wallk among us."
[Fri Jun 29 22:01:45 2007] : (85) Git: "Dead?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:01:50 2007] : (70) Berard: "Or taken."
[Fri Jun 29 22:02:19 2007] : ** (76) Agatha considers having the Luggage take care of it, but she can't afford to have the creature harmed. **
[Fri Jun 29 22:02:23 2007] : (85) Git: "Huh.. that is disturbing."
[Fri Jun 29 22:02:37 2007] : (70) Berard: "Quite odd, yes?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:02:38 2007] : (85) Git: "May I see this list.. perhaps I know a name or two."
[Fri Jun 29 22:03:02 2007] : ** (76) Agatha glances around for any possible ambush. **
[Fri Jun 29 22:03:23 2007] : (70) Berard: "I would indeed be quite interested to see if you recognize any of the names."
[Fri Jun 29 22:04:36 2007] : (85) Git: "I will offer what help I can."
[Fri Jun 29 22:04:39 2007] : ** (70) Berard -- moving very, very slowly! -- reaches into his pack and produces a scrolll case. Opening the scroll case, he extracts a single piece of expensive looking paper, and passes it without comment over to Git. **
[Fri Jun 29 22:04:45 2007] : (76) Gautam: (GW): Spot check: [1d20+11] => [3,11] = (14)
[Fri Jun 29 22:05:13 2007] : ** (70) Berard watches Git closely as he looks at the list. **
[Fri Jun 29 22:05:58 2007] : ** (85) Git takes the list in his gloved hands, looking over the names. **
[Fri Jun 29 22:07:13 2007] : ** (76) Agatha is completely thrown off. She eyes Berard with open suspision but what is he waiting for? **
[Fri Jun 29 22:08:20 2007] : (76) Gautam: (GW): Sense motive: What the hell could he be planning?: [1d20+10] => [10,10] = (20)
[Fri Jun 29 22:09:37 2007] : (70) Berard: "Do you recognize any of the names?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:10:01 2007] : ** (85) Git tries to keep a straight face as he reads the names over. **
[Fri Jun 29 22:10:07 2007] : (85) Git: Bluff Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [4,14] = (18)
[Fri Jun 29 22:10:46 2007] : (70) Berard: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [3,13] = (16)
[Fri Jun 29 22:11:09 2007] : (85) Git: "A few are well known names. I can tell you little more than that."
[Fri Jun 29 22:12:05 2007] : (85) Git: "I wonder though, how you came upon such a dreadful list, and why you would pursue it. Do you know any of those on the list?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:12:06 2007] : (70) Berard: "Ah?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:12:43 2007] : (70) Berard: "In the second column? No."
[Fri Jun 29 22:13:08 2007] : (70) Berard: "In the first, I'm afraid so."
[Fri Jun 29 22:13:25 2007] : (99) Kha: (( back ))
[Fri Jun 29 22:13:34 2007] : (70) Berard: "For me, however, it is the signature that is the most interesting part."
[Fri Jun 29 22:13:50 2007] : (85) Git: "Is there a difference between the columns?
[Fri Jun 29 22:14:14 2007] : (70) Berard: "Oh yes, did I not mention this earlier?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:15:05 2007] : (85) Git: "You mentioned a list of kills and captures, is one colum assassinations and the other abductions?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:15:36 2007] : (70) Berard: "The names in the first column are very unpleasant sorts. And the name at the bottom is more unpleasant still. The names in the first column are, or perhaps I should say were quite healthy."
[Fri Jun 29 22:16:00 2007] : (70) Berard: "The names in the second column are the dead and missing."
[Fri Jun 29 22:16:13 2007] : ** (76) Agatha fights the urge to reach for her axe, but this...it's too coincidental. **
[Fri Jun 29 22:16:19 2007] : (70) Berard: "I fear most of the missing are also dead."
[Fri Jun 29 22:16:45 2007] : (85) Git: "Yes, quite possible. So.. who is the signer you re so interested in?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:16:50 2007] : (70) Berard: "Fellthorn's name is in the second column."
[Fri Jun 29 22:17:17 2007] : (70) Berard: "Jacques."
[Fri Jun 29 22:17:23 2007] : (76) Gautam: (GW): Sense motive: Could he be telling the truth?: [1d20+10] => [20,10] = (30)
[Fri Jun 29 22:18:09 2007] : (70) Berard: "All of the names in the second have belonged to men who are not the sort to have dealings with those in the first."
[Fri Jun 29 22:18:27 2007] : (85) Git: "Oh, why so?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:18:31 2007] : (70) Berard: "I can only assume that this Fellthorn -- if he still lives -- is of a similar mold."
[Fri Jun 29 22:18:49 2007] : ** (99) Kha snikers but says nothing **
[Fri Jun 29 22:19:25 2007] : (70) Berard: "The first name? Quintus, a powerful and well known mage of Wylund. His dedication to the welfare of the common citizenry is both well known and exemplary."
[Fri Jun 29 22:20:18 2007] : (76) Gautam: (GW): Quintus? Wait, that's familiar. Did we fight him?
[Fri Jun 29 22:20:37 2007] : (70) Berard: "The second? A master blacksmith. Well spoken of in his community. He leaves behind a widow and three small children."
[Fri Jun 29 22:20:55 2007] : (85) Git: (which colum are they in?)
[Fri Jun 29 22:20:56 2007] : (70) Berard: "The others are similar."
[Fri Jun 29 22:20:57 2007] : ** (99) Kha sends the rat he was chatting with back into the woods and returns to the others. **
[Fri Jun 29 22:21:04 2007] : (73) DM: (first)
[Fri Jun 29 22:21:05 2007] : (70) Berard: (( second column. ))
[Fri Jun 29 22:21:10 2007] : (73) DM: (oops)
[Fri Jun 29 22:21:37 2007] : (85) Git: "Oh.. so.. the second colum are mostly goodly folk? What about the first colum?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:21:40 2007] : whispering to Zach, Lunauc, Gautam, (GW): Dont remember
[Fri Jun 29 22:21:47 2007] : (70) Berard: "Much less sociable sorts."
[Fri Jun 29 22:22:07 2007] : ** (76) Agatha lets herself relax just a bit. If there was going to be an attack, it would have happened by now. Still this is strange. **
[Fri Jun 29 22:22:27 2007] : (70) Berard: "The first name is a necromancer in the service to a border lordling. The second? A demon-summoner."
[Fri Jun 29 22:22:30 2007] : (99) Kha: "Sorry to interupt, but you said you were a priest, but didnt mention which Deity you serve."
[Fri Jun 29 22:23:44 2007] : (70) Berard: "My tradition adheres to the Lord Letharge."
[Fri Jun 29 22:23:59 2007] : (99) Kha: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [3,7] = (10)
[Fri Jun 29 22:24:04 2007] : (70) Zach: (GW): If so, it is a different Quintus.
[Fri Jun 29 22:24:16 2007] : (85) Git: "That's nice.. so.. who is this Jacques person?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:24:52 2007] : (70) Berard: "An enemy."
[Fri Jun 29 22:25:21 2007] : (85) Git: "Care to be more specific?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:25:32 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: (GM Whisper:) you've never heard of that name
[Fri Jun 29 22:26:01 2007] : (70) Berard: "Perhaps -- to someone who was helping me in my investigation."
[Fri Jun 29 22:26:23 2007] : (99) Kha: "Not one I am familiar with. I am a priest of Oneiros, The Dream Lord." ** looks at Git ** "Ready to end the farce?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:26:42 2007] : (85) Git: :grins: "Right.. sorry for intruding. I just find this sort of intrigue fascinating."
[Fri Jun 29 22:27:21 2007] : (85) Git: "Have you taken this list to any authorities?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:27:39 2007] : (70) Berard: "Hello, fellow priest. You were familiar with the name, yes? Perhaps you would like to take a look as well?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:28:08 2007] : ** (99) Kha looks over the names **
[Fri Jun 29 22:28:51 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: (GM Whisper:) None of the names stand out to you
[Fri Jun 29 22:28:55 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: (GM Whisper:) except Git's of course
[Fri Jun 29 22:28:56 2007] : (70) Berard: "Oh yes. My tradition prefers to work with the authorities where appropriate. And, of course, others in my tradition will follow up on the other names."
[Fri Jun 29 22:29:38 2007] : (85) Git: "Ah.. so it is more than just yourself carrying this investigation out?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:30:18 2007] : (70) Berard: "It would be imprudent of me to carry the sole copy of a list such as this out to the middle of nowhere, would it not?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:30:22 2007] : (99) Kha: "Only the name you are looking for is familiar to me." ** looks pointedly at Git **
[Fri Jun 29 22:30:54 2007] : ** (76) Agatha adjusts her stance. Waiting to gauge this priest's response when Kha inevitably lets loose the truth. **
[Fri Jun 29 22:31:25 2007] : ** (85) Git shrugs to Kha and turns back to Berard, "Quite true. and I don't suppose your order has found anyone from the list alive yet?" **
[Fri Jun 29 22:31:46 2007] : ** (70) Berard shrugs. **
[Fri Jun 29 22:32:07 2007] : whispering to DJ (Ubuntu 6.10), [1d20+14] => [1,14] = (15) DC: 30
[Fri Jun 29 22:32:11 2007] : (70) Berard: "A methodical enemy would work down the list in the same way I did."
[Fri Jun 29 22:32:52 2007] : (70) Berard: "Perhaps the names after Fellthorn's yet live -- if Aragit Fellthorn does."
[Fri Jun 29 22:33:03 2007] : (85) Git: "Then wouldn't it be quicker to work your way up from the bottom of the list, rather than chase his tale, perhaps you could save some lives."
[Fri Jun 29 22:33:10 2007] : (99) Kha: "Git this is enough. We have important things to deal with, such as the Death Kignt and Talakara" ** look to Berard ** "You have been talking to the one you seek."
[Fri Jun 29 22:33:29 2007] : (76) Gautam: (GW): Hmm, perhaps Quintus was a different campaign or maybe a different game altogether. Little details like all blur together after a while, y'know?
[Fri Jun 29 22:33:49 2007] : ** (85) Git doesn't even look as he reaches out to swat Kha to the back of the head in habit **
[Fri Jun 29 22:34:04 2007] : (70) Berard: "Indeed. However some must investigate where others stand in defense."
[Fri Jun 29 22:34:18 2007] : ** (70) Berard smiles. **
[Fri Jun 29 22:34:26 2007] : ** (99) Kha doesnt bothr to avoid Gits swat **
[Fri Jun 29 22:34:29 2007] : (70) Berard: "I appreciate your candor friend priest."
[Fri Jun 29 22:35:13 2007] : (70) Berard: "In truth, I had good reason to believe that Fellthorn yet lived."
[Fri Jun 29 22:35:44 2007] : (85) Git: "Why? no bloody corpse?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:35:51 2007] : (99) Kha: "You seem friendly enough to me, and Git is over cautious at times. Though he has not been recently." ** smirks **
[Fri Jun 29 22:35:59 2007] : (70) Berard: "Divination spells of my tradition have led me to this place."
[Fri Jun 29 22:36:25 2007] : (70) Berard: "I assure you, that were you dead, the result would have been most different."
[Fri Jun 29 22:36:42 2007] : (70) Berard: (( result of the divinations ))
[Fri Jun 29 22:37:02 2007] : ** (76) Agatha shifts her weight. "So what is your plan now?" **
[Fri Jun 29 22:37:08 2007] : (85) Git: "Well, I thank you for your concern."
[Fri Jun 29 22:37:09 2007] : (70) Berard: "I fully understand your caution. Indeed, I commend it!"
[Fri Jun 29 22:38:28 2007] : (85) Git: "Now.. care to tell me who is after my life?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:38:49 2007] : (70) Berard: "I am a very patient man, in service to a very patient god. Sometime... eventually... I beleive my enemies will come for you. When they do, I want to be there."
[Fri Jun 29 22:39:40 2007] : (85) Git: "Ah.. that's.. morbid.."
[Fri Jun 29 22:40:35 2007] : ** (76) Agatha relaxes, finally. "Well they'll have to get in line. There's enough folks irked by us, and if they aren't they soon will." **
[Fri Jun 29 22:40:54 2007] : (70) Berard: "Jacques is a traitor to my tradition. Something that is virtually unique in our history. His expertise with the infernal arts and death magic is considerable."
[Fri Jun 29 22:41:26 2007] : (85) Git: "Right.. and what in the hells does he have against me?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:41:38 2007] : (70) Berard: "I was hoping you could tell me."
[Fri Jun 29 22:41:58 2007] : (76) Agatha: "Well he wouldn't last too long if he was bad at it."
[Fri Jun 29 22:42:13 2007] : (85) Git: :shrugs: "Never heard of him."
[Fri Jun 29 22:42:54 2007] : (70) Berard: "Quite a conundrum. Perhaps you have enemise of the necromantic sort?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:43:06 2007] : (76) Agatha: "Aye, we've got more than our share of faceless enemies. Eyeless in some cases."
[Fri Jun 29 22:43:36 2007] : (76) Agatha: "The blighter could just be working for someone."
[Fri Jun 29 22:43:43 2007] : (85) Git: "I admit, I know a few of the names on the list, but no one I have had contact with in a long while. WHo knows who I might have upset in the past. They are a few too numerous to mention really."
[Fri Jun 29 22:44:03 2007] : (99) Kha: "Talakara, one of the Concil of Nine, has a whole lot of Undead guards and we are on our way to deal with her. I dont remember any other necromanic types we have threatened though."
[Fri Jun 29 22:44:05 2007] : (70) Berard: "Names in the first or second column?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:44:18 2007] : (85) Git: "It rather disturbs me they know me by my real name though."
[Fri Jun 29 22:44:46 2007] : (70) Berard: "I take it you prefer pseudonyms?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:45:35 2007] : (85) Git: "It does help one to avoid certain repurcussions."
[Fri Jun 29 22:47:29 2007] : (70) Berard: "Oh? Talakara?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:48:45 2007] : (85) Git: :nods: "Yes.. she's a... new addition to our enemy list. It is possible she is endorsing this kill list."
[Fri Jun 29 22:48:48 2007] : (76) Agatha: "Aye, do you really intend to watch over our man through all that?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:51:08 2007] : (70) Berard: "If this Talakara kills him before Jacques can try to, that would remove one of the few leads I have. Plus, perhaps this council member has more information about the list."
[Fri Jun 29 22:52:10 2007] : (99) Kha: "Well Talakara fancies herself a Deity, and may actualy be since she seems to command the power of one."
[Fri Jun 29 22:53:34 2007] : (85) Git: :to the priest: "No offense, but I'm not to sure about having you along. After all, for all I know you're the one who wrote this list and are looking to cross me off next."
[Fri Jun 29 22:54:34 2007] : ** (76) Agatha raises an eyebrow and scoffs at Berard's boldness. "Hmph. If he is, he'd be a fool to act now." **
[Fri Jun 29 22:54:35 2007] : (70) Berard: "That is certainly a possibility! Though I would assure you that my intentions are benign, your prudence is understandable."
[Fri Jun 29 22:55:01 2007] : (99) Kha: "Better to have someone who wants to kill you traveling with you where you can watch him, then following and able to strike from the shadows."
[Fri Jun 29 22:55:09 2007] : (70) Berard: However, consider.
[Fri Jun 29 22:55:29 2007] : (70) Berard: "I knew that you, or those who knew of you, would be passing through this place."
[Fri Jun 29 22:55:55 2007] : (70) Berard: "Rather than standing here, alone, in front of this well, could I have not simply arranged an ambush?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:56:41 2007] : (70) Berard: "Indeed, why bother showing you the list of names at all?"
[Fri Jun 29 22:57:04 2007] : (85) Git: "True, but if you are working alone, it may be your way to gain trust of the victim before killing them in a casual moment."
[Fri Jun 29 22:57:56 2007] : (85) Git: "Showing the list gives them pause, and many will want to talk in private of such matters, perhaps giving you an opportunity to strike while they are distracted."
[Fri Jun 29 22:58:25 2007] : (70) Berard: "Your friend with the axe does not seem to be the distractable sort."
[Fri Jun 29 22:59:00 2007] : ** (76) Agatha shrugs, perhaps overconfident in her ability to defeat this stranger. "Hmph. Well, assassin or no, we'd best be moving along. We can find a safer spot to camp than this before dark." **
[Fri Jun 29 22:59:01 2007] : (85) Git: :grins: "Yes, I am fortunate to travel with steady companions."
[Fri Jun 29 22:59:41 2007] : (70) Berard: "Have you no means on hand to detect the presence of those who follow evil paths?"
[Fri Jun 29 23:00:25 2007] : (85) Git: :shruigs: "Even if we did, there are ways to mask evil intents as well."
[Fri Jun 29 23:00:29 2007] : ** (76) Agatha has already turned to the road. "Aye, we call it our gut." **
[Fri Jun 29 23:01:40 2007] : (99) Kha: "I could make sure you are telling the truth. But I dont think Git would belive me." ** whispers loudly as he falls in behind Agatha ** "He doent listen to what I have to say until I have said it a minimum of three times."
[Fri Jun 29 23:02:47 2007] : ** (85) Git notices Aggy strolling off and sighs to the priest: "Well, I don't have a way to prove you are evil either. So, you can feel free to follow along until you catch a break in your case. And I shouldn't have to tell you what will happen if you prove to be a killer," **
[Fri Jun 29 23:03:21 2007] : (70) Berard: "I do appreciate it. And I do not believe you shall regret your decision."
[Fri Jun 29 23:03:56 2007] : (99) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering to GM) Odd question The quote "Aeolarin: The Watcher is one of the Nine. The Doom of ancient Celdenor. An abyssal lord, in human terms." is something that was said WAYY back when we went though the Sla-Mori with Ari (Before the Desert) Is the Nine she was talking about the Council (Will have Kha roll an Int check if you want)
[Fri Jun 29 23:04:06 2007] : (85) Git: "I would hope not." :turns to follow the group:
[Fri Jun 29 23:04:23 2007] : ** (70) Berard follows after Git. **
[Fri Jun 29 23:05:20 2007] : ** (76) Agatha almost seems to be inviting trouble in the way she stolls along so carelessly. **
[Fri Jun 29 23:05:25 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: (GM Whisper:) int, sure
[Fri Jun 29 23:05:36 2007] : (99) Kha: Int check: [1d20+2] => [12,2] = (14)
[Fri Jun 29 23:05:46 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: (GM Whisper:) yes and no
[Fri Jun 29 23:06:08 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: (GM Whisper:) Yes, part of the Council, and no. the Nine refers to something else.
[Fri Jun 29 23:07:42 2007] : ** (99) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10) found the F12 macro key **
[Fri Jun 29 23:09:38 2007] : (99) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering to GM) So Kha might make the (posible erroneous) logical leap that what she was talking about back then is tied to what is going on now?
[Fri Jun 29 23:10:33 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: (GM Whisper:) yep
[Fri Jun 29 23:10:44 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: (GM Whisper:) but you get the sense there's more to it than that
[Fri Jun 29 23:10:46 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: (GM Whisper:) naturally
[Fri Jun 29 23:10:47 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: (GM Whisper:) ^^
[Fri Jun 29 23:10:48 2007] : (85) Git: (ffing?)
[Fri Jun 29 23:10:55 2007] : (73) DM: ((yes))
[Fri Jun 29 23:11:03 2007] : (99) Kha: "Do you remember Aeolarin?"
[Fri Jun 29 23:11:05 2007] : (73) DM: ((and I'm starting to nod off))
[Fri Jun 29 23:11:29 2007] : (76) Agatha: "Who?"
[Fri Jun 29 23:11:45 2007] : (99) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering to GM) Kha like to fill in the details when he thinks there is more going on, even if what he fills in is totaly wrong =P
[Fri Jun 29 23:11:51 2007] : (99) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering to GM) *likes
[Fri Jun 29 23:12:30 2007] : (99) Kha: "She was the Elven spirit that we met in the Sla-Mori. We made a promise to her."
[Fri Jun 29 23:13:50 2007] : (99) Kha: "I just remembered something she said." ** scratches his head ** "The Promise we made her was to deal with a Watcher, abyssal lord."
[Fri Jun 29 23:15:26 2007] : (99) Kha: "She said the Watcher was one of the Nine. Seems to me that it may be tied to the Council here."
[Fri Jun 29 23:15:52 2007] : whispering to Zach, Lunauc, Gautam, (GW): Log 26 if you are interested in refreshing your memory :)
[Fri Jun 29 23:16:33 2007] : (99) Kha: "Well anyways, just something that poped into my head"
[Fri Jun 29 23:17:08 2007] : (85) Git: "Right.. we'll keep that in mind."
[Fri Jun 29 23:18:09 2007] : (73) DM: ((ffing))
[Fri Jun 29 23:18:15 2007] : (76) Gautam: (GW): looking it over right now.
[Fri Jun 29 23:18:35 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, when the group sleeps for the night Kha will enter the Dreamrealm and scout the Manor again, to verify the layout and see if he still encounters the power he felt last time he tried to enter the manor ((We can FF, since he is just trying to verify what he remembered))
[Fri Jun 29 23:19:24 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: (GM Whisper:) ok
[Fri Jun 29 23:19:46 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: (GM Whisper:) and yes, you encounter the power again
[Fri Jun 29 23:19:53 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: (GM Whisper:) only this time, it's much stronger
[Fri Jun 29 23:20:01 2007] : (99) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (GW): The area is near the bottom, search for The Doom of ancient Celdenor
[Fri Jun 29 23:20:06 2007] : (73) TaliesinNYC: (GM Whisper:) AND you sense a presence in tel'aran'rhiod that was not there before
[Fri Jun 29 23:21:00 2007] : whispering to DJ (Ubuntu 6.10), [1d20+16] => [10,16] = (26) DC: [1d20+25] => [6,25] = (31)
[Fri Jun 29 23:21:34 2007] : (99) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering to GM) Kha will try to find and ID the presence
[Fri Jun 29 23:22:04 2007] : whispering to Zach, Lunauc, Gautam, (GW): sorry I think I am holding up the FF since Kha is doing something in the Dreamrealm
[Fri Jun 29 23:24:00 2007] : (73) Selene: (GM Whisper:) "You should not be here."
[Fri Jun 29 23:24:38 2007] : (73) DM: (GM Whisper:) You see a tall, incredibly beautiful woman in white robes. Her skin is as pale as ice, and her eyes as black as midnight.
[Fri Jun 29 23:25:12 2007] : (73) Selene: (GM Whisper:) "I thought I sensed a presence here some time ago. I see that I was not wrong."
[Fri Jun 29 23:25:22 2007] : (99) Kha: (whispering to GM) "Why not? A Cleric of the Dreamlord should be able to traverse his realm."
[Fri Jun 29 23:25:47 2007] : **(73) Selene: (GM Whisper:) smiles thinly. "Your god has no power here."**
[Fri Jun 29 23:26:07 2007] : (85) Git: (afk a min)
[Fri Jun 29 23:26:45 2007] : (99) Kha: (whispering to GM) "I see that much. Which is what caught my attention. Only two deities I know of should have the power I feel here. Oneiros and Mania."
[Fri Jun 29 23:27:43 2007] : (73) Selene: (GM Whisper:) "Not all who dwell in tel'aran'rhiod belong to your world. You would do well to remember that, human."
[Fri Jun 29 23:28:17 2007] : **(73) Selene: (GM Whisper:) spreads her hands and in a brief moment, holds a lance of black ice.**
[Fri Jun 29 23:29:53 2007] : (99) Kha: (whispering to GM) "Interesting. Thats something I didnt know. So why is it I shouldnt be here?" ** pauses at the sight of the lance ** ((Consentration check [1d20+16] => [5,16] = (21) (DC is an opposed concentration check) to make her lance appear in Kha's hands ))
[Fri Jun 29 23:30:56 2007] : (99) Kha: (whispering to GM) (( She will know what he tied even if he failed to take it, since it a direct competition of whills to shape the Dream Realm ))
[Fri Jun 29 23:31:09 2007] : (99) Kha: (whispering to GM) (( *tried ))
[Fri Jun 29 23:31:13 2007] : (73) Selene: (GM Whisper:) "The Great Lord gives those who serve him many gifts, human, including the power to oppose saidin."
[Fri Jun 29 23:32:20 2007] : **(73) Selene: (GM Whisper:) seems shocked as she looks past your shoulder. "You!" **
[Fri Jun 29 23:33:11 2007] : **(73) Selene: (GM Whisper:) hurls her lance straight at Kha. The weapon increases in size, quickly blotting out your vision and transforms into a gigantic black widow.**
[Fri Jun 29 23:33:16 2007] : (99) Kha: (whispering to GM) "Ahh, you are a servent of Shai`Tan then? Met a few of your kind. One seemed to want me to join her. Though I am not interested in following an outsider Deity." ** glances over his sholder to see what she is looking at **
[Fri Jun 29 23:33:32 2007] : (73) DM: (GM Whisper:) Reflex and Conc check
[Fri Jun 29 23:33:53 2007] : (99) Kha: (whispering to GM) (( Concentration check to make it vanish [1d20+16] => [7,16] = (23) ))
[Fri Jun 29 23:34:17 2007] : (99) Kha: (whispering to GM) (( Reflec: [1d20+13] => [20,13] = (33) ))
[Fri Jun 29 23:34:23 2007] : (73) DM: (GM Whisper:) It doesn't appear to be affected
[Fri Jun 29 23:35:01 2007] : (99) Kha: (whispering to GM) (( Consentration check that is saposed to go with the reflex [1d20+16] => [3,16] = (19) ))
[Fri Jun 29 23:35:18 2007] : (73) DM: (GM Whisper:) You jump aside as the lance/spider flies to where you were standing, and when you turn around, there is none there. But as you turn around, you're ripped from the dream realm and wake suddenly.
[Fri Jun 29 23:35:49 2007] : (73) DM: Kha leaps up from a deep sleep, shouting.
[Fri Jun 29 23:35:53 2007] : ** (99) Kha skreams as her awakens **
[Fri Jun 29 23:36:24 2007] : (85) Git: (her who?)
[Fri Jun 29 23:36:36 2007] : (99) Kha: "Well that was disturbing."
[Fri Jun 29 23:36:40 2007] : (99) Kha: (( *he ))
[Fri Jun 29 23:37:17 2007] : ** (99) Kha shutters **
[Fri Jun 29 23:37:30 2007] : (85) Git: "Piss off the wrong dreamwalkers?" :asks as he glances to the screamer:
[Fri Jun 29 23:37:56 2007] : ** (76) Agatha rises up from her watch post. She already has he axe in her hand. "Kha! What's wrong?" **
[Fri Jun 29 23:38:14 2007] : (99) Kha: "I dont think I pissed her off, anoyed though I am sure."
[Fri Jun 29 23:38:40 2007] : (85) Git: "Talakara?"
[Fri Jun 29 23:38:54 2007] : (70) Berard: "Annoyed...?"
[Fri Jun 29 23:38:58 2007] : ** (76) Agatha groans. "Don't tell me she figured you out?" **
[Fri Jun 29 23:40:41 2007] : ** (99) Kha shakes his head "Not Talakara, I dont think. let me clear my head a bit, she threw a giant spider at me, and I DO NOT like spiders." **
[Fri Jun 29 23:42:36 2007] : (76) Agatha: "Well who was it then?"
[Fri Jun 29 23:43:19 2007] : (99) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering to GM) The name Selene seems familiar to me, tied to the Half Drow that poisoned Kha way back in the begining, then tried to kill him again in the Trial of the wooden mouse, am I remembering properly?
[Fri Jun 29 23:44:33 2007] : (73) DM: (GM Whisper:) yep
[Fri Jun 29 23:45:10 2007] : (99) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering to GM) So it's the same person?
[Fri Jun 29 23:46:41 2007] : (73) DM: (GM Whisper:) it might be
[Fri Jun 29 23:46:50 2007] : (73) DM: (GM Whisper:) she seemed vaguely familiar
[Fri Jun 29 23:47:32 2007] : (99) Kha: "I think it was the Half Drow that you were traveling with when I first met you. Selene. She is a servent of Shai`Tan. Last time we met her, in the Trial of the wooden mouse, she tried to get me to join her. She wasnt so willing to talk this time."
[Fri Jun 29 23:48:24 2007] : (85) Git: "Heh.. we make friends all over."
[Fri Jun 29 23:48:38 2007] : (70) Berard: "You weren't kidding about that list of enemies."
[Fri Jun 29 23:49:06 2007] : (99) Kha: "That explains the God like power I could feel from the Manor. And it is getting more powerful."
[Fri Jun 29 23:49:51 2007] : (99) Kha: "I have changed my mind about walking up and knocking on the door."
[Fri Jun 29 23:50:25 2007] : (99) Kha: Int check: [1d20+2] => [14,2] = (16)
[Fri Jun 29 23:50:27 2007] : (85) Git: "Oh, have you? What brought this on?"
[Fri Jun 29 23:51:11 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, the Int check is to see if Selene looked like the Aes Sedi Kha saw talking to Dame Gold right before she went to bed and lost her memory
[Fri Jun 29 23:51:14 2007] : ** (76) Agatha clearly remembers that early betrayal. "That witch? You think she's at the Manor?" **
[Fri Jun 29 23:51:15 2007] : (73) DM: (GM Whisper:) ok?
[Fri Jun 29 23:51:19 2007] : (73) DM: (GM Whisper:) nope
[Fri Jun 29 23:52:30 2007] : ** (99) Kha looks at Agatha "Yes" **
[Fri Jun 29 23:53:36 2007] : ** (76) Agatha frowns. "Well, this just keeps getting better and better." **
[Fri Jun 29 23:54:19 2007] : (85) Git: And she knows we're coming?"
[Fri Jun 29 23:54:43 2007] : (99) Kha: "What changed my mind? Talakara is clearly tied to the Dark One, which is where she is getting her God like powers, I will nod deal with his servents since he is not a Deity of our world. "
[Fri Jun 29 23:55:51 2007] : ** (70) Berard is trying to follow the conversation. "This witch, she is more of a threat than Talakara?" **
[Fri Jun 29 23:56:16 2007] : (99) Kha: "I dont think she knows where I am, Just that I came to investigate the Manor since I felt the power that should not be there."
[Fri Jun 29 23:56:50 2007] : (85) Git: "Well, did you at least spy any viable entry points to sneak in?"
[Fri Jun 29 23:57:50 2007] : (99) Kha: "I dont know which is the Greater threat, they may be equals or Talakara may be serving Selene, She was an Aes Sedi of the Green Ajah, if I remember what the Magister said properly."
[Fri Jun 29 23:59:22 2007] : (99) Kha: "I was just going to verify the layout when I felt someone else there and went to investigate. and found Selene"
[Sat Jun 30 00:00:25 2007] : (99) Kha: "I may be able to get us into the building from here, But where do you want to start?"
[Sat Jun 30 00:01:07 2007] : (128) Lunauc (enter): 00:01
[Sat Jun 30 00:01:28 2007] : (99) Kha: (( repeating what I said after Git's question ))
[Sat Jun 30 00:01:30 2007] : (73) DM: ((folks, I'm nodding off))
[Sat Jun 30 00:01:38 2007] : (99) Kha: "I dont know which is the Greater threat, they may be equals or Talakara may be serving Selene, She was an Aes Sedi of the Green Ajah, if I remember what the Magister said properly."
[Sat Jun 30 00:01:41 2007] : (99) Kha: "I was just going to verify the layout when I felt someone else there and went to investigate. and found Selene"
[Sat Jun 30 00:01:42 2007] : (73) DM: ((stopping in 5 minutes))
[Sat Jun 30 00:01:47 2007] : (99) Kha: "I may be able to get us into the building from here, But where do you want to start?"
[Sat Jun 30 00:02:27 2007] : (73) DM: (I can provide a general layout of the keep but will post that on the boards)
[Sat Jun 30 00:02:50 2007] : (73) DM: (so please be sure to check it this week in response to Kha's question)
[Sat Jun 30 00:03:06 2007] : (99) Kha: (( Ok, guess we should stop here then so we can look at the general layout before Git answers ))
[Sat Jun 30 00:03:22 2007] : (128) Git: "I want to get straight to the knight. If we can knock him out the rest should fall like dominos, right?"
[Sat Jun 30 00:03:47 2007] : (70) Berard: "Knight?"
[Sat Jun 30 00:05:21 2007] : (99) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering to GM) Since the Traveling Weave does not need to know details about where you are going, just details on where you are, could it be focused on a person or thing? I know there is nothing in the rules about it so thats gona be totaly up to you
[Sat Jun 30 00:06:00 2007] : ** (99) Kha nods "I'll have to think before I try that." **
[Sat Jun 30 00:06:05 2007] : (76) Agatha: "No, we need to set him loose, if we can trust him. The crone said he knows where to find Linze."
[Sat Jun 30 00:06:31 2007] : (73) DM: (GM Whisper:) it can be focused on a thing
[Sat Jun 30 00:06:53 2007] : (73) DM: (GM Whisper:) but that doesn't take into account obstacles or effects that might disrupt the outcome
[Sat Jun 30 00:07:14 2007] : (128) Git: :nods to Aggy: "If we can isolate ourselves with him, that might be for the best. Perhaps a room with heavy doors to give us time to get answers then "free" him."
[Sat Jun 30 00:08:13 2007] : (76) Agatha: "That's all I need."
[Sat Jun 30 00:08:15 2007] : (99) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering to GM) Aye, but Kha wouldnt know about those either since he just figure out the weave, though he does know it will be very hard for him to preform (He will have to Over Channel DC 25 to even get it to work)
[Sat Jun 30 00:08:46 2007] : (128) Git: (so, stop here and pick through planning with the map on the boards?)


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms