Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
6 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
4 Guests
Registered Users: Aaroninfig, Joshuatwern


Back to Tolmara Logs
(350) Joe (enter): 20:06

Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(355) DM:
to recap from last session, you decided to journey to Tolmara, when a day into your travels, you encountered a group of dwarves encamped on the main road.
** (386) Vrondard pushes the start button **
(355) DM:
they were in need of aid, since one of their number became lost in a mine near where you met them.
(355) DM:
They fear for his life, it being two days since they journeyed from their home, so they were overjoyed on seeing you. You reluctantly abandoned your horses and cart, knowing that such might not make it in a snow-filled forest.
** (386) Vrondard and agatha are more than willing to help **
(355) DM:
It's been two days since your initial encounter...
(355) TaliesinNYC:
Cabin2: Hiking up through the forest has proven to be as hard as hiking through the snow, and you're exhausted by the time Hather announces that you're almost there. "Ye can tell because of the pink trees," he babbles. You suspect that Hather may be losing his mind.

Then you notice a scattered group of hot pink alders next to the trail, 100' ahead. Not all of them are pink and not all of them are the same shade, but about a dozen of the usually brown and green trees are unmistakeably rose-colored. They look horribly out of place in this otherwise idyllic sylvan setting.

(380) Git:
(we had horses?)
(386) Vrondard:
donkeys i think
(355) DM:
well you had two donkeys leading a cart, so you did have mounts. sort of.
(380) Git:
we left Gimpy and Wimpy behind?
(386) Vrondard:
((actually could have left the cart behind and led your donkeys along))
(386) Vrondard:
((perhaps))
(393) Agatha:
(Yep. They're as good as glue now.)
(380) Git:
(thought we did)
(355) DM:
It's possible that you could have led your donkeys along, the dwarves are more than anxious to be on their way.
(380) Git:
(phew.... runs over and hugs his donkeys)
(355) DM:
In any event, Hather leads you right up to the cabin.
(355) Hather:
See? The pink trees.
(395) Chestyk (enter): 21:36
(380) Git:
:noticing the pink trees: "Uh... yes."
(380) Git:
:whispers to the others: "Does this mean he's sane or we're crazy?"
** (355) Hather opens the door, shaking off the snow from his hiking boots. **
(386) Vrondard:
"yeah pinkies..."
(386) Vrondard:
"whats the problem with that"
(386) Vrondard:
"unless it be some fairy ring or something"
(355) Hather:
Only one more day before we're home...
(355) Hather:
Eh? What do we have here?!?
** (380) Git follows hather into the cabin. **
** (386) Vrondard approaches as well **
(355) DM:
As Hather opens the door of the cabin, he stops short, hand wandering over to his everpresent battle axe that he keeps by his side, as you spot a human male youth get up to his feet...
whispering to Talnic, your cue
(366) Talnic:
"What? Oh hello, if this is your cabin, I am sorry I invaded your place, but..."
whispering to Chestyk, lurking?
(366) Talnic:
Why I am here?: I was out traveling the world looking to expand my knowlage of it, and have some fun while doing it. I heard about the celebration in Tolmara and the compititions and decided to go see how I held up in those compititions. Not being used blizzards while travaling, I was caught rather un prepared and was lucky to find this cabin. I have spent the last few days here recovering my Strength after the last blizzard. Also the stange trees right out there intrest me, I mean how can they not intist someone, they are pink for Oneiros sake. I was thinking of spending another day or two here then continuing on tword Tolmara.

If I may ask why are you all here?

(380) Git:
::eyeing the young man, asks of Hather: "Is there a problem?"
(386) Vrondard:
"wow yer a chatty lad"
(386) Vrondard:
: )
(393) Agatha:
"And I thought my young'n spoke fast."
(355) Hather:
No, not my place, although Elistar owns it.
(355) DM:
He seems taken aback by the torrent of words.
(355) Hather:
Not...of gnomish blood are ye?
(355) Hather:
Ye're more'n welcome tae stay if'n ye want. We're headed up to th' Krypthome, an' can always use another body.
(366) Talnic:
"Do I think I be a bit to tall to be of Gnomish blood. I have never met a Gome close to six feet, have you?"
(386) Vrondard:
"got a mouth on you dontcha"
(366) Talnic:
"Kypthome? Whats that and why you heading there?"
(386) Vrondard:
"well I could give you a big fat nose if you'd like ifn yer goin to carry on like this"
(355) Hather:
Well'n, I've never met anyone, human or otherwise who spoke as fast as tha'. Just askin'. (as he settles down and starts unpacking.)
(366) Talnic:
"Whats your problem, he asked if I was gnomish, and I stand over six feet tall. I find it a rediculous question to have asked so I gave a rediculous answer."
(355) Hather:
The Krypthome is our name for our home. Er, I mean Elistar's home. Used tae be a bolgmor den.
(380) Git:
"Yes... very rediculous... as this hostility..."
** (380) Git moves into the cabin dropping his bag and taking a seat. **
(366) Talnic:
"Oh I undersand the question now, and yes I do talk fast, and have a mouth on me. By the way my name is Kha Opren"
** (386) Vrondard harumphs **
(386) Vrondard:
"me problem is I'm a dwarf and I stick up fer me fellow dwarves"
(386) Vrondard:
"tis not a problem fer the way I see it but you may"
(355) Hather:
Well, 'n ye can make yerself a bit useful an' get wood fer th' fire. We'll be makin' dinner soon. Salt coney stew, mushroom ragout an' bannock.
(355) Hather:
Don't mind th' pink trees. Actually some wood from them would be nice.
(386) Vrondard:
"wont make no pink fire will it?"
(366) Kha:
"No thats respectable, but you must agree that is was a strange question to ask"
(355) Bithendil:
Nae, never seen it do that. Burns real pretty though.
(355) Bithendil:
Fer magick wood that is.
(393) Agatha:
"So long as it don't blow up at us."
** (355) Bithendil starts preparing dinner. **
** (355) Jaemor unrolls padding from beneath the beds . **
(395) Chestyk (exit): 21:50
(380) Git:
:from inside: "Magic wood ya say?"
(366) Kha:
"Well I'll go gather some more wood, what I had gathered wont be enough for all of us"
** (386) Vrondard gathers wood since he wants to eat **
** (366) Kha heads out to start gathering wood **
** (355) Jenna is a bit speechless, still digesting the pink trees from outside, but soon regains her color. **
(399) Ketimin (enter): 21:50
(355) Jaemor:
Ays, magic wood. Somethin' from Elistar's spells. They be really funny sometimes.
(380) Git:
"How so?"
(355) Jaemor:
Ye may see some samples o' it in th' mine. We've ignored it o'er th' years, but ye may be in fer a bit o' a surprise.
(399) Ketimin (exit): 21:52
(355) DM:
The three dwarves exchange long looks and burst out laughing.
(380) Git:
(Jenna's doing what to the trees?)
(355) Hather:
*snort*
(355) Jaemor:
*hrrrr*
(386) Vrondard:
"what kind of surprise... dont like em mostly unless it involves chopping an orcs head off when they don't know its going to happen"
** (355) Jenna listens. **
(386) Vrondard:
"dont mind them kind"
(380) Git:
"Would you care to give a bit more description and less innuendo?"
(355) Jaemor:
Oh, *snort* things like blue rocks and farting moss.
(355) Bithendil:
*hrrr* *snort* An' water that falls up.
(355) Hather:
*Hahhahahahah* er, um, er, right.
(393) Agatha:
"You're kidding, right?
(355) Hather:
*snort*
(386) Vrondard:
"that dont sound naturel"
(355) Bithendil:
Do we look like we're kidding? *snort*
(380) Git:
"Do you suppose perhaps it may have been one of these such oddities which caused your friends disappearance?"
(355) DM:
They break out into another paroxysm of laughter.
** (393) Agatha lets out a groan. "Mages..." **
(355) Bithendil:
*hrrrr* erm, um...
(393) Agatha:
"Damned mages..."
** (355) Bithendil quickly sobers. **
** (366) Kha returns with a few logs for the fire **
(401) Sarrim (enter): 21:56
(355) Bithendil:
I don't know. We don't think so. Ye see, the things we speak of are usually in th' lower depths o' th' mine. We lost Tjegg in th' upper part o' th' mine. I dunno how, but it was one minute 'e was there an' the next 'e was gone.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (401) Sarrim...
whispering to Sarrim, yay
(401) Sarrim:
(Bleh...sorry guys, connection..."Troubles")
(401) Sarrim (whispering):
Heys!
whispering to Sarrim, thought you were going to flake out again. =)
(401) Sarrim (whispering):
Bah!
(386) Vrondard:
((hey))
(393) Agatha:
(translation: AOL sucks @*%&@% *@$%@ @&$#@)
whispering to Vrondard, bring him up to speed
(401) Sarrim:
(Sooo...Could I nab a recap?)
(380) Git:
"Mayhaps a new magical effect took to the upper levels, or even a creature drawn to those magicks?"
** (355) Hather stops laughing and sobers. **
(355) Jaemor:
*snort* ummmmm, we're not sure actually. None o' us are mages, an' Elistar's gone, so we went off an' looked fer help like ye.
(355) Jaemor:
Though none o' ye look like mages.
(355) Jaemor:
hmph
(380) Git:
"Do you have any idea what happened to Elistar?"
(355) Jaemor:
He vanished. Does that all th' time.
(366) Kha:
"So what do you want me to do with the wood? and while I am at it could I get all your names?"
** (355) Bithendil chimes in. **
(366) Kha:
"I cant just say hey dwarf, since there are too many of you dwarfs"
(355) Bithendil:
That was about a quarter cycle before Tjegg vanished.
(386) Vrondard:
"me name be Vrondard..."
(380) Git:
"So he routinely vanishes? Any pattern to his rendevouzs?"
whispering to Sarrim, they're helping a bunch of dwarves look for a lost brethren
(386) Vrondard:
"hey dwarf does get my attention... but not the type yer be wantin"
(401) Sarrim (whispering):
k
(380) Git:
:glances back to Kha: "Git Fellthorn, nice to meet you."
(403) Xeriar (enter): 22:01
(403) Xeriar (exit): 22:01
(366) Kha:
"Nice to meet you too"
whispering to Sarrim, two days N from the road to Tolmara, they're one day away from a mine called the Krypthome. apparently there's a wizard who lives with them who's gone away and a friend of thieirs has vanished, so they need help to bring him back
whispering to Sarrim, the wizard's name is Elistar and he's reputed to have his spells misfire. evidence of that is a copse of pink trees outside. hot pink alders. =)
(366) Kha:
"Hey dwarf..err Vrondard, so what type of atention is it that I dont want?"
(401) Sarrim (whispering):
LOL
(386) Vrondard:
"me being irritated..."
** (393) Agatha nods to the boy. **
(402) Swivel (enter): 22:03
(393) Agatha:
"hmph. Agatha Magveyd.
(355) Bithendil:
Oh, he does it when he feels like it. We've gotten used tae it from time to time.
(355) Bithendil:
'E always comes back an' never explains wha' 'e's been doing. =)
(380) Git:
"How... fascinating..."
(366) Kha:
"Hello Agatha"
** (401) Sarrim bows formally. "Sarrim Veld, servant of Tammara, may her ingenuity shine forever on the land." **
(402) Swivel (whispering):
Hey, this is [email protected]
(355) Jenna:
Sounds like he's a chaos mage to me.
whispering to Swivel, enjoy the show
** (393) Agatha having already lost interest in the boy, turns back to the conversation. **
whispering to Swivel, have one more opening but I'd rather see if you like the way the game runs before admitting you to the group. this way none of us are wasting time, ok?
(380) Git:
"Really? Never met one of them."
** (366) Kha nods to Sarrim "Hello and well met" **
(366) Kha:
"Chaos mage, that does not sound good"
(355) Jenna:
No, of course not. They're rather hard to find. Assuming this mage is one of course. Good for him that I'm not of the Citadel.
(386) Vrondard:
"yeah the mage part o' it"
** (355) Jenna adjusts her shawl as she speaks. **
(380) Git:
"yet you do have business with the citadel...
(402) Swivel (whispering):
That's fine. =)
(386) Vrondard:
"only magic worth anything is from bards and priests I say"
(355) Jenna:
Yes I do. And we dally by being here.
(366) Kha:
"My parents were mages, but I have never heard of a Chaos mage, and dont think I would like to meet one."
(355) Jenna:
Their spells often run wild.
(380) Git:
"Well you can always continue on on your own. You are quite capable of protecting yourself after all."
(366) Kha:
"Oh that reminds me, you said you could use another body. What is it that I can help you with?"
(402) Swivel (whispering):
And I remember reading that the game was on Friday's. I can make any day of the week, just not sure on day and time.
** (355) Jenna says this last softly. (the part about dallying.) **
whispering to Swivel, this is the Friday night game. =)
(393) Agatha:
"Well you're free to leave and walk the rest of the way, your highness. In the meanwhile, we're on the job.
(402) Swivel (whispering):
Oh...man...I'm missing a few days in the week.
whispering to Swivel, it runs from 9:30 pm to 3 am EST every Friday evening.
(386) Vrondard:
"yeah I aint goin to be leaving a dwarf in trouble"
(355) Jenna:
No, I'll tarry with you. I owe you a blood debt for saving me from that elf.
(386) Vrondard:
"not when i coulda done somethin bout it"
(366) Kha:
"Highness, Are you some type of Royalty. I have never met a person of Royal blood before. You dont look like much."
** (355) Jenna straightens. **
(380) Git:
"She isn't"
(355) Jenna:
I'm not.
(380) Git:
"Just a royal pain it would seem"
** (393) Agatha glances at Kha. **
(393) Agatha:
"Your tongue seems leagues faster than your mind."
(366) Kha:
"Then why did Agatha call you highness? Maybe I just dont understand Dwarven Humor"
** (386) Vrondard chuckles at Agatha's statement **
(355) DM:
(Jenna: she is a beautiful young woman with deep blue eyes and waves of waist length blond hair that's currently tied up in an intricate braid. she seems quite youthful .)
(393) Agatha:
(Actually, Agatha is a human. She's just older and grumpy. Though I guess her traits do make her more like a large beardless dwarf.)
(366) Kha:
"Yes I am offten accused of talking before I think, but I assure you I must think before I speak other wise my words would come out all garble something like . happy goat killed eat that I. At least that how I think it would sound if I didnt think before I spoke"
(386) Vrondard:
((gah! and all this time!))
(355) Jenna:
I'm not sure. Perhaps he was overtaken by my appearance.
** (401) Sarrim squints at Kah. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubts. Life's a good teacher though, and you'll learn. In the meantime, lets continue, shall we?" **
(380) Git:
"No, think he's just a simpleton."
(386) Vrondard:
"yeah... I'm getting a bit bored with all this yappin"
(355) Jenna:
My business with the Citadel will have to wait it seems. I do owe Agatha a blood debt for saving me from an elven assassin. And I repay my debts.
(366) Kha:
"If I am to be thought a fool I would prefer to remove all doubt, thank you very much"
(355) Hather:
Dinner's served!
(393) Agatha:
"Thank gods."
(366) Kha:
"Ohh an assasin, that sounds like ann interesting story, mind telling it over dinner?"
(380) Git:
::grins to Kha: "I guess we are being a bit sour, but it has been a long trip"
** (393) Agatha gets up to eat. **
** (401) Sarrim joins Agatha. **
** (380) Git jjoins the others for dinner. **
(355) Bithendil:
Aye, there's stew, bread and mushrooms. We're runnin' low on food, but soon we'll be home an' there'll be plenty tae eat. We'll restock ye 'afore ye set out tae th' mine.
(401) Sarrim:
"Travel can wait. Food be the first priority!"
(386) Vrondard:
"got the grub on... well lets put it in me"
** (393) Agatha Agatha wonders if the food will slow down Kha at all. **
(402) Swivel (whispering):
Oh yes, before I forget, where can I access the background material?
(401) Sarrim:
"Mm...Mushrooms. A favorite of mine."
whispering to Swivel, not so fast young grasshopper
whispering to Swivel, I need to know that you like the game and you like my DMing style and that you're able to commit before forwarding the material. so ask me again if you're still around when the session ends.
(366) Kha:
"Mushroom, I dont know if I have ever eaten mushrooms, maybe when I was a child before I can remember, but not since I can remember I am almost positive. I guess it wont kill me to try them, and I am hungry"
** (401) Sarrim removes his armor, and sets his pack aside, then digs out a bowl and spoon. **
** (366) Kha starts eating **
whispering to Swivel, there's A LOT of background material so just relax and enjoy the show
(402) Swivel (whispering):
Will do. =)
(401) Sarrim:
"Hey hey! Not out of the pot! Here, take these" *Hands him his current bowl and spoon, and digs out another set*
(366) Kha:
"So Jenna, why would an assasin want to kill you? How did Agatha save you, and whats this Citadel you were speaking of?"
(386) Vrondard:
conversation is over for Vron... he digs in and shovels
(355) Jenna:
I'm afraid there's not much to tell. I am travelling with this group because they're headed to the City of the Citadel, as I am. They saved me from the unsavory attentions of an elven assassin, and for that I am thankful.
(407) Tarl (enter): 22:19
(366) Kha:
"Oh sorry, I have been travaling alone for a few months, not used to other people around"
** (401) Sarrim fills up his bowl and digs in. **
(407) Tarl (exit): 22:20
(380) Git:
"Really? where are you travelling from?"
(355) Jenna:
It's hard for a lone elf to kill a single person when they're surrounded by the company of armed warriors. /me smiles brightly at Agatha.
** (355) Jenna smiles brightly at Agatha **
(401) Sarrim:
"Mmph...So k...Just be wary...Good way to spread disease. You should've seen the camps we had. Fever spreadin in hours 'cause we didn't have the utensils"
(355) Jenna:
Kern. (turning to Git)
(393) Agatha:
::aside to Vronard:: "2 copper as to why he was travelin' alone."
(401) Sarrim:
"Back when I was hunting the bandits during my training."
(366) Kha:
"Why would an assasin want to kill you, What little I know of them they only kill for a reason, mostly money from what I understand, but someone had to be paying him to kill you"
(355) Jenna:
And I am on urgent business to the Citadel.
(355) Jenna:
Perhaps 'tis because I am of the shawl.
(401) Sarrim:
"Shawl...Shawl...You...One of those...Channelers?"
** (393) Agatha smiles back, though it seems a little forced. **
** (355) Jenna holds up her hand, on which is a jade ring carved to look like a snake eating its own tail. **
(366) Kha:
"Oh from a small village in The Kingdom of Gwythnecht. when I was a kid my family was forced out of our old home into the small village because the people of our old home didnt trust magic. I cant realy blame them, even though both my parents practiced magic, I cant say I trust it very much either"
(380) Git:
(Was asking kha actually) "Pretty ring"
(355) Jenna:
I have some small talent.
(380) Git:
"Your parents were mages, yet you aren't?"
(386) Vrondard:
"yeah thats something we should figure out"
(386) Vrondard:
"what to do with our stuff"
** (401) Sarrim studies the ring for a bit, and then returns to his eating, lost in thought." **
(355) Jenna:
I would imagine you can get a pretty penny for some of it while in Tolmara. Or use it.
(366) Kha:
"No I was and still am mad at them for it, because of them all the other children of the village hated me."
(380) Git:
"Ah... how unfortunate."
(386) Vrondard:
"yeah..."
(366) Kha:
"Thats one reason I took up training in the local church with the priests of Oneiros. I had started my training as a priest, but decided about a year into it that I didnt want to be a priest. not yet anyways."
(355) Bithendil:
If'n ye want any seconds, there's room fer that. Meantimes we'll be gettin ready fer bed. Early day tomorrow. Hather'll clean up.
** (386) Vrondard looks up... seconds it is! **
(401) Sarrim:
"Ah, but allow me. It was quite the good stew, and as a guest, I should do such work."
(380) Git:
"Thank you" :to bithendil, then to Kha: "Wizard Parents, training as a priest... what's your current proficiency?"
** (401) Sarrim says this while pulling in a second bowl of the stew. **
(366) Kha:
"Seconds sound good, will give us more time to talk before sleep. Hey you still havnt told me why you could use my help. If I am going to help you I would like to know what with."
** (393) Agatha smiles. "Now, there's a good lad." **
** (393) Agatha gets a second bowl of stew. **
(386) Vrondard:
"you can stand in front of the baddies in the mines"
(386) Vrondard:
"whatever they be"
(380) Git:
"Well, one of our dwarven guides could probably explain it better, but the gist of it is one of their friends disappeared from his service in the minds of some elven wizard they were working for."
(355) DM:
(mine)
(386) Vrondard:
"thats their first mistake methinks"
(380) Git:
"They talked my comrades into investigating the incident, and that's about what we've been drawn into."
(393) Agatha:
"Ah, it ain't nothing special. Typical rescue mission. We move some stones, yank out the corpse, and get paid for our troubles."
(366) Kha:
"I am a Spear dancer. When I left the church I swore I would return some day but right now I could not takee up the life of sitting in a church trying to teach other people about a religion I dont fully understand myself. Well anyways after I left I ran away from home because I was still mad at my parent. I wandered around for a few weeks, not going to far away just incase I got home sick. Then I met a group of fighters and asked if I could train with them cause it looked realy fund and stuff"
(386) Vrondard:
"workin fer an elfie.. much less a mage of all things"
(355) Bithendil:
We hope at least 'e's not dead....yet
(393) Agatha:
"O' course, he ain't."
(355) Jenna:
Ahh...an algai'd'siswai. I had thought those had died out a long while ago.
(366) Kha:
"They kept refusing to train me, but I followed them and started mimicing thier practice anyways cause it looked fun. Well after a few weeks of this they finaly agreed to teach me. They said I was messing up thier fighting style trying to learn it on my own."
** (355) Jenna looks a bit thoughtful. **
(380) Git:
"algee'd'swa-what?"
(401) Sarrim:
"Desert Men"
(401) Sarrim:
"Bloody terrifying warriors, or so I've heard."
(366) Kha:
"Ya thats the name they used for it. I just calll it Spear Dancer, much easyer to say"
(380) Git:
"ah..."
(355) Jenna:
Yes, but they once lived on the 'athaqi Plains. Near the City of Bone. There are different clans of algai'd'siswai.
(366) Kha:
"After they tought me all they could, or all they would anyways, I left to explore the world. I want to see all the stange and unusual things, and have fun doing it"
** (355) Jenna seems a bit thoughtful. **
(401) Sarrim:
"Ah, now that's somethin' I didn't know. Anything else you know about them?"
(355) Jenna:
Mmmm?
(355) Jenna:
I've never met one, except now of course.
(401) Sarrim:
"I like to collect little trinkets of knowledge when I can. Makes life easier later on. Do you know much about the history of the people?"
(412) Breathless Dragon (enter): 22:35
(355) Jenna:
They are proficient in hand held weapons usually spears. They fight unarmored and yet with deadly accuracy. Many have thought of them as plains monks. I suppose that approximates the truth of things.
(366) Kha:
"They fight realy good with out weapons too, but are deadly with a spear. I do know they wont touch a sword for any reason, I kinda agree with that though if I must save my life by touching one I sapose I will"
** (386) Vrondard cares little of this blabber **
(412) Breathless Dragon (exit): 22:36
** (355) Jenna glances at Vrondard. **
** (393) Agatha grins to herself. Better to hear it from the witch than the actual spear dancer. **
(355) Jenna:
There are records of the algai'd'siswai clans at the Tower. One served the Tower once. Perhaps it still does.
(401) Sarrim:
"I heard rumors about that. And something even more odd, that they used to be a completely docile folk. Anyway, anyone else getting more food? If not, I'll get started with the cleaning."
(366) Kha:
"It, not he or she, but it. is that how you speak of your servents? Thats not very nice if you do"
** (355) Jenna glances at Kha. **
(393) Agatha:
"Hmph. Sounds like a bunch of magic-hurling savages, if you ask me."
(380) Git:
"Well the boy's got you on that one."
(380) Git:
"I'm good Sam."
(355) Jenna:
Very well then, perhaps THEY still do.
(355) Jenna:
Satisfied?
(366) Kha:
"Magic, no magic about them that they would show me anyways"
(401) Sarrim:
"Alright then."
(401) Sarrim:
Any streams nearby?
(366) Kha:
"MM perhaps, but I still say it isnt nice to refer to anyone as it, a donkey perhaps, though they might have feelings too but I doubt they understand what we say to them"
** (355) Jenna gets up abruptly. Thank you for the dinner, but I must to bed. As Bithendil says, an early day tomorrow. **
(355) Jaemor:
Ays. Although don't catch cold...
(366) Kha:
"Need any help cleaning up?"
** (355) Jenna retires for the evening. **
(401) Sarrim:
"*Quietly to Kha* Best be careful lad. Defending your pride is good, but I know it be dangerous to cross one of those...Channelers."
(355) DM:
(going to fast forward)
(401) Sarrim:
(Sounds good)
** (386) Vrondard eats even more quiclkly! **
(366) Kha:
"what did I say to make her mad?"
(380) Git:
"Doubt it's you boy, don't take it personally."
** (380) Git heads off to bed. **
(401) Sarrim:
"Got me, but she looked somewhat offended. I dunno, I'm horrible with the ladies."
(366) Kha:
"I just said it is rude to call someone an it, maybe I will call her it from now on and see how it feel about it"
** (401) Sarrim will clean the pots and such, bathe if there's a nearby source of water. After, I'll practice writing some prose and then head to bed. **
(366) Kha:
"Oh well maybe she is just tired, I know I get rude sometimes when I am tired"
(355) DM:
ok
(355) TaliesinNYC:
The Krypthome: The third long day of hiking with the three dwarves is now drawing to a close. The sun is sinking low near the horizon, and the sky is lit up spectacularly with shades of red, orange and blues. You round a bend in the trail and follow it a short ways up the hill where it opens into a clearing, covered in 2' of snow.

There are three huge mounds of snow in the middle of the clearing, and the top of a roof can be seen jutting out from one of them.

"Those are the cabins. Ye'll be staying in the great hall itself," says Hather, as he makes a sweeping gesture at a small hill that is thickly blanketed with snow. As you watch, the snow begins to move, melted by the sun, and avalanches down the side of the hill, revealing a wooden roof underneath. The peak of the roof is about 50' high and as you walk around to the front of the building, you can see a pair of massive double doors in the front wall, protected from the snow by the roof's generous overhang. The doors are nearly four times the height of a human, but as you get closer, you can see that there is a smaller set of doors within each of the giant ones. So this is the Krypthome...

(401) Sarrim:
"A great honor. Thanks for inviting us into your home."
** (393) Agatha whistles low and looks around. **
(393) Agatha:
"These mages live modestly, don't they?"
(380) Git:
"Hey... do that again with the avalanche."
(355) Hather:
As I've said before, this used tae be a bolgmor hold.
(355) Hather:
Now, 'tis our home.
(366) Kha:
"Wow thats a big house, my parents never had anything this big, though before we were forced to leave our old home, they had a big house compaired to most folk"
(386) Vrondard:
"hmm but no longer... thats the way of it"
** (355) Hather smiles. Enjoy your stay. Or ye can begin tonight if'n ye wish. 'Tis up to ye. **
(386) Vrondard:
"aint nothing else to do"
(401) Sarrim:
"The sooner we start, the better chance your missing friend has for living."
(386) Vrondard:
"get started on findin em?" he questions
(380) Git:
"Why bothering going out at night?"
(366) Kha:
"So we are trying to get some dwarfs out of a cavein right? wouldnt it be best if we started sooner rather then latter. I mean I know I wouldnt like to be stuck in a cave that might fall in again on my head"
** (380) Git strolls inside and takes a look around. **
(355) Hather:
Welp, th' entrance tae th' mine is this way. (he gestures to the north)
(380) Git:
"Wouldn't they have starved by now i they were still in there?"
(355) Bithendil:
Mmmm. I'm not sure.
** Sorry, don't understand what a / is...
** (355) Bithendil looks worriedly at the others. **
(401) Sarrim:
"Mayhap. But, if by some miraculous event they are still alive, we shouldn't waste time waiting here."
(393) Agatha:
"Dunno. They are dwarves."
(386) Vrondard:
"yeah... lets go lookin"
(386) Vrondard:
"eat rocks they coulda..."
** (380) Git sighs wearily. **
(355) TaliesinNYC:
Waterfall: The trail through the forest brings you closer to the steep base of the hill, so you're walking alongside what is essentially a cliff face. You can hear cascading water up ahead. As you get closer, you can see a small stream that runs down the steep, rocky edge--until it reaches a point about three arm-lengths up the hill.

At that point, the stream suddenly leaps out into the air, away from the hill and arcs to a point almost 40' above your heads, before the water falls earthward again. The strange waterfall lands a few paces to the left of the trail and continues on into the trees. You'll have to pass under the strange archway of running water if you want to continue along the path.

(380) Git:
"RIght then... off to spelunking"
(355) Hather:
Through that waterfall arch, an' ye'll see th' entrance to th' mine.
(401) Sarrim:
"That's....Interesting."
(355) Hather:
We three, we'll be in th' great hall. We'd just be underfoot.
(366) Kha:
"Wow thats cool, water falling upwards"
(380) Git:
"You'd also no these tunnels better than us."
(366) Kha:
"You arnt going to help get your friends out?"
(380) Git:
"So please don't run off too quickly"
(393) Agatha:
"Sure you're up for this boy? Diggin' em out is gonna be hard work in this cold."
(366) Kha:
"Me?"
(401) Sarrim:
"Be sure to wear stout clothing. The damp and the cold will be deadly deep underground."
(393) Agatha:
"Hunh. Sounds like the pub at closing time."
(416) Oltara (enter): 22:56
(355) Hather:
Ah, actually, that's the thing. Tjegg is the only one who knows these tunnels well. We're not as good as he is. (he looks down ashamedly)
(416) Oltara (exit): 22:56
(380) Git:
"You have worked these tunnels though. It's a hell of a lot more knowledge than we have of them."
(366) Kha:
"Well you must know where your friends are traped, you can atleast lead us there."
** (401) Sarrim pokes his sword through the water arch to make sure it's safe. **
(355) Bithendil:
Mmm. Nay, Hather has the right of it. We three really are Elistar's servants. Tjegg is the only one who could know about these tunnels since he's the only miner around here. Th' rest of us are good with tools an' such, but not pick axes.
(386) Vrondard:
"bah..." he states with displeasure
(355) DM:
It splashes about, like you would expect normal water to behave.
(366) Kha:
"So you have no idea even where this cavin saposadly happened?"
(380) Git:
"Hmph... never heard such pitiful talk from dwarves. Sure you aren't just fat halflings?"
** (355) Jaemor shrugs. **
** (401) Sarrim wipes his sword against his pant leg and resheathes it. **
(366) Kha:
"Maybe beearded Gnomes"
(355) Jaemor:
We're not what ye made us out tae be, an' fer that we apologize.
(401) Sarrim:
"Be careful with sharp, hollow words. You never know the circumstances from which the subject may arise."
** (355) Hather shrugs. Now that ye're here, at th' least ye could do would be tae start lookin' if'n ye were up tae it. **
(380) Git:
"We have no need for your apologies, simply your further accompaniment."
(386) Vrondard:
"arg... that aint right"
(366) Kha:
"Well if ya dont know where the cave in happened, how do ya know it even happened? Well what ever we are wasting time and some dwarfs are saposed to be stuck in the cave that might have fallin in non thier heads"
(386) Vrondard:
((what the hell is this... Vrondard isnt going to like this))
(355) Hather:
Come, nae use standin' aroun'. Hopefully they'll return soon wi' him. Or they won't.
** (366) Kha walks under the water arch **
(401) Sarrim:
"I'm going to scout around a bit up ahead. Meet me at the entrance when you've settled this. It's alright Vrond...The water shouldn't harm yah. *Grins*"
** (401) Sarrim continues past the arch. **
** (366) Kha wispers something to Git **
(380) Git:
"I'd rather not go without at least one of you along. You don't need to fight. You can run at the first sign of danger. Please show some bit of aid to us who seek your frined,"
(355) Hather:
hmph, very well
(355) Hather:
I'll accompany ye. The two o' ye just go back tae th' lodge.
** (401) Sarrim searches around a bit. Anything interesting on the walk down there or at the entrance? **
** (380) Git discretely whispers back to Kha. **
(386) Vrondard:
"yer made outta weasel skin er somethin?"
(380) Git:
"Much obliged Hather."
(386) Vrondard (whispering):
if a map is up - i dont see it
(366) Kha:
"Ok then lets all go find these traped dwarfs"
(355) Hather:
hmph, well I have sense enow tae know when I'd be more'f a hindrance than a'help.
whispering to Vrondard, fog
(380) Git:
"That'll be our problem."
** (380) Git heads after Sarrim. **
(366) Kha:
"Hindrence, how so, even if you dont know these mine, we dont either, and I am sure your friends will be glad to see a face they know when and if we find them"
** (366) Kha trots off down the path to the cave **
(386) Vrondard (whispering):
right but the open area of the fog i see green
(386) Vrondard (whispering):
not map
(355) Hather:
Aren't ye venturers? We're not, so ye know best in these things.
(386) Vrondard:
"gah yer making me sick... off with yea"
(366) Kha:
"Yup we are and we think it best if ya joined us in the search for your friends" **Kha smiles**
** (380) Git goes into his satchel, fishing out a golden coloured rod and a strange twig. **
(355) TaliesinNYC:
Door: You now stand at the entrance to the mines. The door is made of solid stone and is barred with three massive wooden beams. A system of pulleys is attached to a hand crank mounted in the side of the hill. The pulleys appear to be the only possible way for the door to be opened by anyone weaker than a giant. Following Hather's instructions, you set about opening the forbidden portal.

The beams are removed with a minimum of difficulty, considering their size and
slowly begins to turn the crank. The door swings open outward on huge iron hinges, creaking loudly.

Inside, a dark passage leads into the depths of the hill.

(380) Git:
"Yep, we know what's best. So be quiet and come along
(401) Sarrim:
"Good to see yah again. Ah, so Hather's decided to join us. Good to have you. You wouldn't happen to have a map, would you?"
** (380) Git scratches the twig along the rock of the cave lighting a flame at the tip which he uses to light the sun rod in his hand. **
(366) Kha:
"Ohh its dark in there, I dont have any tourches, wasnt planing on going into any caves."
(380) Git:
"Hopefully he is our map.
(355) Hather:
I keep tryin' tae tell ye, I dun' know my way around here. Tjegg knows, so I dun' see how I could be of any help tae ye.
(380) Git:
"Show us where you found your friends boot"
(401) Sarrim:
(Git, you only need bang a sunrod really hard to get it started. No need to waste a tindertwig)
(355) Hather:
The pit room. I think.
(380) Git:
(oh really? okay then)
(366) Kha:
"Oh that will work"
(380) Git:
"You think?"
(380) Git:
"You told us that you worked these mines when we first met."
** (401) Sarrim unsheathes his sword and takes point. **
(355) Hather:
I can sketch a rough map if'n ye think 'twould be best.
(355) Hather:
Ays, but that was with Tjegg as lead.
(366) Kha:
"Just lead the way to where you found the boot" **Leans over to Git and wispers** "What boot?"
(386) Vrondard:
"sure did... getting more and more that yer lying to us"
(380) Git (whispering):
roll a sense motive, me or you?
(401) Sarrim:
"There's some parchment and ink in my pack. You may use them if you feel so inclined."
(386) Vrondard:
"and I ain liking it"
(355) Hather:
Oh very well. But the surface levels is all I know of. I can't help ye past them.
(380) Git:
"So only Tjegg aever went lower?"
(401) Sarrim (whispering):
Just to satisfy Vrond's suspicions, could I do a detect evil on Hather?
(355) Hather:
Ays. Finally ye're listenin!
(366) Kha:
"Thats fine your guess in direction will be as good as ours I am sure"
(380) Git:
"That makes no sense"
whispering to Sarrim, sure
(380) Git:
"Why would only on of you go down?"
(401) Sarrim (whispering):
I'll do so while handing him my pack.
(355) Hather:
...
(355) Hather:
Because he's a miner and we're not?
(366) Kha:
"And if only one ever went down there how did the ones we are trying to save get stuck down there?"
(380) Git:
"Then what are you who works in a mine?"
** (401) Sarrim unslings his pack and hands it to Hather. " A rough map would be infinitely useful." **
(386) Vrondard (whispering):
starts to doubt this whole thing... sense motive?
(380) Git:
"He is the one we're looking for"
whispering to Sarrim, not evil.
whispering to Vrondard, ok
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [11] = (11)
(401) Sarrim (whispering):
=)
whispering to Vrondard, he's not lying.
(366) Kha:
"Ok so Thegg is the one we are looking for, but he only found the boot when Tjegg lead the way?"
(355) Hather:
I dun' know what tae tell ye. He's gone an' I dun' know where.
(366) Kha:
((Err Thegg = Tjegg))
(380) Git:
"No. it was Tjegg's boot he found"
(401) Sarrim:
"We can bicker about this later. That lightstick will only last so long."
(355) Hather:
We found his boot in, near th' pit room.
(366) Kha:
"Okk lead us there"
(380) Git:
"Fine. to the pit room then"
(355) Hather:
Now then, if'n ye don' mind, I'll show ye th' map, but I'd like tae go back tae th' lodge.
(386) Vrondard:
"yes lets git on wid this"
(366) Kha:
"You can come along with us and lead the way"
** (355) Hather glances at the lightstick. Sure 'n that'll last long? **
(355) Hather:
Nae.
** (366) Kha glances at Git **
whispering to Vrondard, he is however a bit nervous
(401) Sarrim:
"I have some light if it doesn't. Let him return guys, he's out of his element. The map will serve us well enough."
(380) Git:
"I have another.. how deep are we going?"
(380) Git:
(thought they last 6 hours?)
(401) Sarrim:
"Besides, if something bad is down there, and we get separated, that'll make two dwaves to rescue."
(401) Sarrim:
(They do, but I needed an excuse to get things moving)
** (393) Agatha lights up her own lantern, not trusting any magic twig. **
** (355) Hather sketches out a rough map on a piece of parchment. You note that he seems a bit hurried. **
(355) Hather:
There. (breathlessly)
(380) Git:
"As you wish."
(393) Agatha:
"Aye, let 'em guard the house and be done with it.
** (366) Kha moves over by Sarrim and wispers "Both Git and I think those three dwarfs are settinig a trap for us, why else would they refuse to even enter the cave" **
(401) Sarrim:
"Before you go, is there anything you haven't mentioned that will be of use to us."
** (401) Sarrim whispers to Kha. **
(355) Hather:
Ays. Just be careful o' the honkmoss.
(401) Sarrim:
"Honkmoss?"
(380) Git:
"That the farting moss?"
(355) Hather:
Now if'n ye don't mind, I'd really like tae get back tae th' lodge. (whining)
** (366) Kha wispers back **
(355) Hather:
Th' honkmoss. Aye.
(380) Git:
"Don't suppose you could be more specific about that!"
** (401) Sarrim shrugs at Kha. "We'll probably be faster on our own anyway." **
** (366) Kha glances suspiciously at Hather **
** (401) Sarrim slings his pack back on, after replacing his stationery materials. **
(366) Kha:
"Ok what ever is this coward of a dwarf dont want to help his friend fine by me, llets go exploring the cave"
(380) Git:
"Why do I feel like a bone that's being laid out before a dog?"
(366) Kha:
((Mind if I AFK for a few min for a smoke?))
(355) Hather:
'Tis fine fer ye to say I'm a coward but 'tis a bit harder than that when the dark scares ye!
(355) DM:
Hather's face turns bright red and he turns around and runs off to the lodge, blabbering.
(380) Git:
"Stop complaining. Explain the honkmoss and then be gone."
** (366) Kha ignoring the Dwarf turns and enters the cave **
** (393) Agatha rubs her forehead and shakes her head. **
(401) Sarrim:
"Well...That did it. See what happens when you poke and prod at someone?"
(393) Agatha:
"Honk moss. Gods help me."
(401) Sarrim:
"Lets go."
** (401) Sarrim leads the way with the map. **
(380) Git:
"Oh please... he was going to run no matter how gentle we were."
(366) Kha:
((OK gona go smoke real quick BRB))
** (380) Git follows behinf Sarrim. **
(393) Agatha:
"Then why were we wasting our time?"
(386) Vrondard:
"this be the way of it...lets get into the mine and on our way"
(401) Sarrim:
"Perhaps, but we'd be richer in the knowledge of what honkmoss is, and possible *smoothing out some smudges* having a better map"
(355) DM:
(can people see the map and the bright area? before I go on?)
(401) Sarrim:
(Aye)
(355) DM:
(ok, thanks.)
(393) Agatha:
(I'm good)
(380) Git:
(not... really...)
(401) Sarrim:
(Stop moving it around!)
(401) Sarrim:
(=P)
(393) Agatha:
"Come on, the sooner we're done with this, the sooner we can leave this looney place."
(401) Sarrim:
"Wise words. To the pit."
(380) Git:
"Well that I'm all for Aggy"
(386) Vrondard:
(did a few times)
(424) Evinkar (enter): 23:30
(424) Evinkar (exit): 23:30
(366) Kha:
((Back))
** (393) Agatha takes the lead into the darkness with her lantern in one hand, her axe in the other. **
(425) Jake (observing) (enter): 23:31
** (380) Git holds Kukri ready as he follows along. **
(386) Vrondard:
(map is up top and center)
** (366) Kha uses one of his spears as a walking stick **
(380) Git:
(brb)
(355) DM:
As you enter the passage, you take note of the fact that the ceilings are rather low and the mine walls are rough and irregular (anywhere from 5' to 10' in places).
(355) DM:
The floor is wet and muddy throughout.
(355) DM:
Spot, anyone.
(401) Sarrim:
"Odd....Dwarven craftsmanship usually dictates much better construction."
(366) Kha:
((I'll have to be ducking in the 5' tall areas))
(401) Sarrim:
[1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
** (401) Sarrim is lost in thought, and unaware of his surroundings. **
(386) Vrondard:
spot [1d20+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
** (386) Vrondard finds a slug in the mud **
(366) Kha:
Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
(401) Sarrim:
(LOL)
(401) Sarrim:
(This is sad)
** (366) Kha is still ajusting to the light conditions and cant see a thing **
(393) Agatha:
[1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
(401) Sarrim:
(Thank god)
(401) Sarrim:
(I suck, hehe)
whispering to Agatha, you see a scrap of leather smudged with grime and water stains near the gate.
whispering to Agatha, its almost half hidden in the mud
(380) Git:
spot- [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
(401) Sarrim:
(Damn!)
(393) Agatha:
"Hallo. What's all this then?"
whispering to Git, you see a scrap of leather smudged with grime and water stains near the gate, half hidden in the mud
(401) Sarrim:
"Hmm?"
** (393) Agatha picks up a grimy scrap of leather.. **
** (380) Git kneels down to dig something out of the mud. **
(355) DM:
It says:
(355) DM:
We capture your friend dwarf. You want him back, you give us 10 200 2,000 gold pieces. Don't try to fight us. We strong.
(393) Agatha:
(Don't feel too bad. Git and Agatha are working with a real lantern. Not some magic twig.)
(355) DM:
(poorly spelled out Common)
** (393) Agatha grins. **
(393) Agatha:
"Looks like this'll be fun after all."
(380) Git:
"Well at least we know now that it was something living which took him."
(366) Kha:
"Either thats alot of gold, or they were making up thier mind whill writing it"
(386) Vrondard:
"why is that?"
(355) DM:
Note that the amounts are scratched off with the new one written after that.
(355) DM:
so its 10 (crossed off) then 200 (crossed off) then 2,000
(380) Git:
"I'm guesing they aren't the smartest captors though... goblin maybe... knoll...?"
(393) Agatha:
"Someone ran off with our dwarf."
(366) Kha:
"ahh making up thier mind while writing, not very smart what ever wrote it"
(401) Sarrim:
"Let's rule out possibilities then...Bandits probably aren't good. They'd kill everyone off and loot the place. Probably a bit more intelligent as well. Orcs would likekly do the same, or enslave them. My bet is on goblins."
(393) Agatha:
"Couldn't say, Git. They're all the same to me."
(401) Sarrim:
"Or...Perhaps kobolds."
(380) Git:
"Aye..."
(428) Dinmet Thaliondil (enter): 23:39
** (380) Git begins to search around in the moud for definable tracks. **
(401) Sarrim:
"Gnolls, I think, don't know common well enough."
whispering to Jake (observing), different group, some difference of players. different set of circumstances, different plotline, different philosophy, etc. same world though. =)
** (366) Kha looks around for tracks as well **
whispering to Kha, Tracking check
(386) Vrondard:
"well lets go find em"
(380) Git:
"Could have been particualarly stupid fhaardsmen for all we know"
(366) Kha:
Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [16,8] = (24)
(366) Kha (whispering):
thats wilderness lore right?
(425) Jake (observing) (whispering):
Right I figured :)
(366) Kha:
"Hey dont be insulting my people"
(401) Sarrim:
"Find anything?"
(380) Git:
"I said particularly"
whispering to Kha, Bingo! You find several sets of tracks. at least five sets of tracks, three of which correspond to the ones made by Hather and the other two dwarves.
whispering to Kha, yes
** (380) Git laughs it off as he continues to csearch. **
(366) Kha:
"Ya, sapose it coulda been" **Kha smiles, letting Git know he was Joking**
(380) Git:
search- [1d20+7] -> [10,7] = (17)
whispering to Kha, the ones made by Hather and the two wander all over the place as if confused. the others meander from the interior, come to the entrance and then retreat.
(386) Vrondard:
"whaddya looking fer... them aint here"
(393) Agatha:
"Welp. Only one way to find out who's got our man. Let's be off."
(380) Git:
"tracks vronard. If we find any that aren't dwarf sized we have a lead"
(366) Kha:
"Well I see some tracks, here ones obviously made by those three confused dwarfs and two others, that look like they knew where they were going, I say we follow the ones that look like they knew where they were going"
(386) Vrondard:
"ok sounds reasonable..."
(366) Kha:
"Can I barrow that clowing stick so I can follow these tracks?"
(380) Git:
"Any idea what made those two tracks?"
(393) Agatha:
"Well, the lad's proven useful after all. Lead the way then, spear dancer."
** (380) Git hands over the sunrod. **
whispering to Kha, WL check
** (366) Kha stacks the glow stick and starts following the tracks **
(366) Kha:
Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [5,8] = (13)
(355) TaliesinNYC:
Room: A massive iron door is set into the side of the passageway here. It's barred with an equally huge iron door fastened in place with a padlock. There are scratch marks around the edges of the door and around the lock as if something has tried to claw its way inside but apparently failed.
** (401) Sarrim follows Kha, and looks over his sword, thinking that it would look nice with a symbol of a sharp engraved on the pommel. **
(401) Sarrim:
(Sharp = harp, =) )
whispering to Kha, Not sure, but you're fairly certain they're humanoid.
(366) Kha (whispering):
do the tracks lead to the door like they went though?
whispering to Kha, nope
** (380) Git eyes the iron door curiously. **
(380) Git:
"What exactly would something like this be doing in a mine?"
(366) Kha:
"Dont look like they went though the door"
** (386) Vrondard stays quiet until its time to put his axe into something **
** (366) Kha starts folloing the tracks again **
(401) Sarrim:
"Goblins use tools for most of their work. I think we'll be dealing with kobolds. And if we are, we can expect a number of traps, for they are cunning despite what they've shown themselves to be so far."
(430) Evinkar (enter): 23:49
(380) Git:
"kobolds have very sharp claws?"
(355) DM:
You can hear a honking sound in the distance.
** (401) Sarrim grins. **
(355) DM:
It echoes distinctly throughout the passages.
(401) Sarrim:
"Honkmoss, anyone?"
(430) Evinkar (whispering):
are you playing ADnD 2nd Edition ?
whispering to Evinkar, 3E
(386) Vrondard:
"har.. the honkmoss me thinks"
(380) Git:
"So glad we got that description of the honkmoss before cowardly ran off."
** (366) Kha keeps following the tracks unless someone objects **
(430) Evinkar (whispering):
just curious if anyone vomes in asking that will you send them my the ADnD 2nd Edition server please ?
** (401) Sarrim follows **
(355) DM:
The corridor turns to the south (following Hather's crude map) and the tracks continue in the main corridor. But there are also two side tunnels to the left.
** (380) Git follows after kha, watching for smoke and sniffing carefully at the air. **
whispering to Evinkar, ok
(430) Evinkar (whispering):
Thank you
(430) Evinkar (exit): 23:51
(355) TaliesinNYC:
Noises: At first you thought you were imagining something, but now the sound becomes more and more distinct -- little honking noises. Every dozen heartbeats or so, you can hear a little noise that sounds like a horn. The sound appears to be coming from down a side passage ahead.
(401) Sarrim:
"The moss is probably releasing spores...They might be dangerous."
(366) Kha:
"We want to explore now or after we find this dwarf?"
** (401) Sarrim wraps some thick cloth around his mouth and nose, and wraps a thin veil around his eyes. **
(380) Git:
"The dwarf is what we're hopefully being paid for"
** (393) Agatha puts her scarf over her mouth and nose. **
(366) Kha:
"Ok"
(431) Tarl (enter): 23:53
** (366) Kha continues to follow the tracks **
(355) TaliesinNYC:
B1: Just around the next bend in the tunnel, a faint blue light shines. Cautiously rounding the corner, you see that the cave up ahead is bathed in a soft blue glow, which seems to be emanating from the stone scattered in the cavern walls. What is more disconcerting however, are the shadows that flit from the walls to the ceiling to the floor and back again. There appears to be no source for the shadows, which move of their own accord.
(401) Sarrim:
"*Slightly muffled* That's odd."
(380) Git:
"Bats perhaps?"
** (366) Kha glances around the room quickly, then back to the tracks unless anyone objects **
** (401) Sarrim nods to Kha and follows. **
(386) Vrondard:
((any of this seem out of the ordinary for a dwarf?))
(393) Agatha:
"And farting moss is?"
(393) Agatha:
(isnt'*)
(432) Daynor (enter): 23:55
(401) Sarrim:
"Point taken, Agatha"
(355) TaliesinNYC:
[1d100] -> [9] = (9)
(431) Tarl (exit): 23:56
(401) Sarrim:
(That's either great or despairingly bad)
(432) Daynor (exit): 23:56
(380) Git:
(lets see which)
(355) Voice:
Oeeee!!!!
(401) Sarrim:
(Despairingly bad)
(355) Voice:
Hm. Me smell warm flesh things. heee hee heee hee hee!!!
(355) DM:
(poorly accented Common btw)
(355) DM:
The voice echoes through the halls.
(366) Kha:
"Oeeee? whats that saposed to mean..Oh now you just smell the farting moss I think, what ever you are"
(355) Voice:
Hm. What does this do?
** (380) Git stops and listens carefully for the voices, and moves to take hiding postion against the wall. **
** (401) Sarrim says to the disembodied voice, "Flesh we are, with purpose. Are you to harm or help us?" **
(355) DM:
You hear some rustling noises around the bend, then a loud BAMF!!!! and then a LOUD roar
** (401) Sarrim raises an eyebrow. **
(366) Kha:
"I think it ran into a wall"
(355) DM:
Lots of feet coming down the passage, as a shadow grows in the cave wall.
** (393) Agatha 's smile is hidden by the scarf as she puts down the lantern and grips he axe with glee. **
(380) Git:
hide- [1d20+6] -> [13,6] = (19)
(355) DM:
(roll init)
(401) Sarrim:
Sarrim ::[1d20+0+0] -> [18,0,0] = (18) Initiative
(380) Git:
"dumb question"
(380) Git:
[1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
(366) Kha:
[1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
(393) Agatha:
(Oh god. We're fighting Nightcrawler. We're doomed.)
(380) Git:
(hehehehe)
(393) Agatha:
[1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17)
(401) Sarrim:
(Well...If nightcrawler run themselves into walls on a regular basis, I say we have little to worry about)
(380) Git:
(Wish I had a wolvie berserker attack to even us up)
(355) DM:
(Vron?)
(386) Vrondard:
Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16)
(355) DM:
[1d20] -> [20] = (20)
(401) Sarrim:
(Damn ye!)
** (380) Git pulls his bow and takes aim, waiting for the enemy to appear. **
(355) DM:
As you wait expectantly, the noises grow louder and louder and then....you see a huge brown bear round the bend....
(355) DM:
It's enraged.
(355) DM:
(21, Git)
(401) Sarrim:
(That)
(401) Sarrim:
(Is)
(401) Sarrim:
(Bad)
(380) Git:
"Aggy ain't that your ex-husband?"
(380) Git:
[1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
(355) DM:
(hit)
(401) Sarrim:
(Let it pass!)
(401) Sarrim:
(Oh DUTCH)
(380) Git:
[1d6] -> [2] = (2)
(386) Vrondard:
"goy... thats what was clawing at that there door"
(355) DM:
(switching maps, place your minis.)
(393) Agatha:
"Shut it brat!"
** (401) Sarrim dances a jig on the green board of oblivion **
(380) Git:
"Hahaha"
(355) DM:
(not fetching)
(355) DM:
(20, the bear)
whispering to Vrondard, don't know why the mini isn't appearing
(393) Agatha:
(It's enraged. Hell, if Git keeps going, I'll be enraged.)
(355) DM:
(swipes at Kha)
(380) Git:
;-P
(393) Agatha:
(You won't like me when I'm angry. Then again, maybe you will.)
(355) DM:
[1d20+11] -> [15,11] = (26)
(386) Vrondard (whispering):
probably server down where the bear is in memory
(401) Sarrim:
(I know Git does. He whipsers it in his sleep of the sexy, angry Agatha)
(355) DM:
[1d20+11] -> [6,11] = (17)
(366) Kha:
"Nope dont think the brea made the tracks I have been following"
(380) Git:
("Oooo.. Aggy... Aggy.... Aggy! Why haven't you shaved that off?!)
(355) DM:
(AC 26 and 17)
(355) Voice:
Bye!!!!
(366) Kha:
(Hit and a miss)
(355) DM:
[1d8+8] -> [6,8] = (14)
(380) Git:
(eesh)
(401) Sarrim:
(And that would make Kha a veggie)
(366) Kha:
"Ouch"
(380) Git:
(well it was nice knowing y'all)
(393) Agatha:
(Just ouch?)
(355) DM:
Kha drops to the ground, unconscious.
(355) DM:
(18, Sarrim)
(401) Sarrim:
(Not unconscious, but disabled, I believe)
(366) Kha:
(I can still do partial action at 0 HP cant I?)
(393) Agatha:
"So much for the mighty spear dancer."
** (393) Agatha curses under her breath. **
(366) Kha:
(Or I could attack and make myself go negitive HP)
(355) DM:
(I'm not sure. I'd say no, but perhaps someone might show me where it says you can.)
** (401) Sarrim cuts cautiously at the bear's head (Exptertise, -2 to hit, +2 to AC) **
(401) Sarrim:
Weapons: Longsword Attack (To Hit:[1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)) (Damage:[1d8+3] -> [7,3] = (10))
(401) Sarrim:
(Blood)
(401) Sarrim:
(y)
(355) DM:
(miss)
(355) DM:
(17, Agatha)
(393) Agatha:
(bear meets bear)
(401) Sarrim:
"Mistress Jenna, we could use some of that channeling that you're fabled to do!"
(355) DM:
She's deep in concentration and doesn't answer.
(380) Git:
(she with us?)
(401) Sarrim:
(Aye)
(425) Jake (observing) (whispering):
page 145 of 3.5 PHB (not sure where it is in tthe 3e book but it's the same) " Disabled 9 hit points, you can only take a single standard OR move action (not both) no full round actions once you get to 1 you're fine
** (393) Agatha lets out a roar to rival the bears and leaps forward, axe held high. **
(393) Agatha:
[1d20+6] -> [12,6] = (18)
(366) Kha (whispering):
page 129 of the PHB
(425) Jake (observing) (whispering):
9 of course being 0
whispering to Kha, single standard or move action but not both
(355) DM:
(hit)
(386) Vrondard:
((can do a partial action and then takes -1 and starts to die))
(393) Agatha:
(hell yeah)
(393) Agatha:
[1d12+6] -> [6,6] = (12)
(401) Sarrim:
(Nah, partial actions, or a full action and then starts to die)
(366) Kha (whispering):
Says I can do partial actions, if said action is attacking, spell casting or moveing more then 1/2 speed then I would take 1 point of damage and be dying after I compleated said action
(393) Agatha:
(eat that Yogi!
(380) Git:
(Ow! BooBoo!)
(366) Kha:
(Ya I can move at 1/2 speed and be fine, but I cant attack or anything)
** (355) Jenna concentrates and with a tremendous sigh, releases her spell. An ethereal white glow begins to form around Kha's unconscious form, rapidly closing his wounds and infusing an aura of health around his body. **
(355) Jenna:
(ok)
(393) Agatha:
(save your strength. we've got this.)
(355) DM:
(severely wounded)
(355) DM:
[1d8+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
whispering to Kha, heal 8
** (366) Kha goes cross eyed with the pain **
(439) Cethlyn (enter): 00:19
(355) DM:
(16, Vron)
(393) Agatha:
(scratch that. go for it)
whispering to Kha, you're back to 8
(439) Cethlyn (exit): 00:19
** (386) Vrondard attacks **
(401) Sarrim:
(Vron...I know dwarves are known for their patience, but humans aren't. Hurry up!)
(355) DM:
The "voice" fades away, and you hear scrabbling sounds in the distance.
(386) Vrondard:
Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+2+3] -> [8,2,3] = (13) Critical on Natural 20

(355) DM:
(hit)
(386) Vrondard:
Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+3] -> [1,3] = (4) damage

(386) Vrondard:
(super ftshit)
(386) Vrondard:
"ill get it... gar"
(366) Kha:
(Think you are saposed to hit him with the blade not the stick part of that weapon)
(386) Vrondard:
"shut it..."
(355) DM:
(severely wounded)
(355) DM:
(5, Kha)
** (366) Kha growls at the bear **
(366) Kha:
"Hit me will you"
(366) Kha:
Shortspear Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18)===> DMG: [1d8+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
(366) Kha:
"Take that"
(355) DM:
(severely wounded)
(355) DM:
(21, Git)
(386) Vrondard:
"yeah give it that spear"
** (380) Git drops his bow, running in around kha, kukri ready and takes a slash at the beasts side in passing **
(380) Git:
[1d20+1] -> [8,1] = (9)
(393) Agatha:
"Hunh. He really can use that spear."
(355) DM:
(miss)
(380) Git:
(figured as much)
(355) DM:
The bear seems to take no notice of your attacks and focuses its rage on Agatha
(355) DM:
[1d20+11] -> [16,11] = (27)
(355) DM:
[1d20+11] -> [20,11] = (31)
(401) Sarrim:
(Think of it this way Git: You gave it a nice haircut)
(355) DM:
[1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25)
(393) Agatha:
(not sure about that one. lemme check my char sheet.)
(380) Git:
(don't think I came that close)
(366) Kha:
(Thats gona hurt)
(393) Agatha:
(lol)
(393) Agatha:
(3 attacks?)
(380) Git:
(damn, damn, damn)
(401) Sarrim:
(Jesus Tap-dancing Christ...Sorry for the obscenities, but good God)
(355) DM:
[2d8+16] -> [3,5,16] = (24)
(366) Kha:
(2 hits, one Crit)
(355) DM:
(claw, claw, bite)
(393) Agatha:
(well shit)
(380) Git:
(ouch, ouch, crap!)
** (393) Agatha drops. **
(401) Sarrim:
(Actually, I think it fits more along the lines of ouch, ..., *splot*)
(355) DM:
The bear lays into Vron.
(355) DM:
[1d8+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
(355) DM:
(8)
(366) Kha:
"Oh that had to hurt"
(393) Agatha:
"nnice...trrry...."
(386) Vrondard:
"gah"
(401) Sarrim:
(LOL...Can't stop the Hulk!)
** (355) Jenna sucks in her breath and lunges forward covering Agatha's body with her own **
(355) Jenna:
[2d8+3] -> [1,4,3] = (8)
** (393) Agatha goes unconscious. She's bleeding badly. (I'm at -1) **
whispering to Agatha, take back 8
(355) Jenna:
(18, Sarrim)
whispering to Agatha, you're at 7 now
(366) Kha:
"Hits hard doent he Agatha, that should teach you to laugh before you know whats happening"
** (401) Sarrim lays into it with all his righteous fury, screaming with the tempest of a storm, and brings his sword down toward the beast. **
(401) Sarrim:
Weapons: Longsword Attack (To Hit:[1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)) (Damage:[1d8+3] -> [3,3] = (6))
(401) Sarrim:
(God bloody damnit!)
(355) DM:
(miss)
(355) DM:
(17, Agatha)
** (393) Agatha rolls away and gets up. **
(380) Git:
(me thinks the farting moss is protecting him)
(401) Sarrim:
(Yah, I know why a paladin's sword is always so pristine. THEY CAN NEVER HIT ANYTHING!)
(366) Kha:
(LOL)
** (393) Agatha still bleeding, roars and flails away at the bear. **
(393) Agatha:
[1d20+6] -> [14,6] = (20)
(393) Agatha:
[1d12+6] -> [10,6] = (16)
(401) Sarrim:
(Look at that! Rolling up from a bout of death, smiting the bear, and what do I do? I, from the side of the bear, cannot hit it. A HULKING BEAR, and I CAN'T HIT IT)
(366) Kha:
(Your distracted by your group falling around you, paladins are saposed to be compasionate arnt they?)
(355) DM:
(critically wounded)
(355) DM:
(16, Vron)
(401) Sarrim:
(Yes, but bloody hell, it was holy vengeance! HOLY VENGEANCE! You just can't go with the miss on holy vengeance!)
(380) Git:
(still going... the energizer bear...)
(380) Git:
(holy vengence is overrated)
(401) Sarrim:
(Bah! Your mother!0
(393) Agatha:
"Vrondard, go after the other 'un!"
** (386) Vrondard attacks again... with fervor "ill kill ya!" (steps for any flanking) **
whispering to Sarrim, where did you get your character mini from? because my minis won't show
(386) Vrondard:
Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+2+3] -> [20,2,3] = (25) Critical on Natural 20

(386) Vrondard:
Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+2+3] -> [2,2,3] = (7) Critical on Natural 20

(355) DM:
(yep, hit and possible crit)
(386) Vrondard:
(blah)
(401) Sarrim (whispering):
I actually picked it up from an earlier campaign, it was given to me. Lemme see if I can't find the site.
(355) DM:
(oh well, guess not)
(386) Vrondard:
Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+3] -> [9,3] = (12) damage

(401) Sarrim (whispering):
http://www.geocities.com/telvin_3d/
(366) Kha:
"You got the axe facing the right way that time"
(380) Git:
(ok.... it's almost dead)
(393) Agatha:
(damn straight)
(355) DM:
The bear drops to the muck at the conclusion of Vrondard's swing.
(386) Vrondard:
"ha gotcha!"
** (401) Sarrim hacks at it, just to give it the what for, for ignoring his holy vengeance. **
(380) Git:
(:pokes the bear with a stick: wanna throw cherry bombs at it?)
(366) Kha:
"Stupid bear, we was just looking for a dwarf and you have to go and try to eat us"
(380) Git:
(watches the paladin missing even a dead bear... averts gaze)
** (393) Agatha breathes heavily. **
whispering to Sarrim, not a legit site
** (366) Kha checks his wounds **
(393) Agatha:
"Now.. What were ya sayin' about a lesson, boy?"
(355) DM:
After a moment, the bear vanishes, leaving only signs of its passing in its wake.
(380) Git:
"In his defence, the lug looks like he could really eat."
(401) Sarrim (whispering):
No clue then, the mini's location is fully http://www.geocities.com/telvin_3d/Dalender.png, but that's all I know
(355) DM:
Jenna stands up wearily.
(401) Sarrim:
"An illusion?"
** (380) Git stares wide eyed at the vanished bear's spot. **
(366) Kha:
"Umm dead bears arnt saposed to vanish are they?"
(380) Git:
"Uh...."
(380) Git:
"Jenna? Any thoughts to offer?"
(386) Vrondard:
"hey... where did it go"
(355) Jenna:
I'm not quite sure. It seemed real enough to me.
** (366) Kha scraches his head **
(401) Sarrim:
"Wait...Perhaps summoned? The tracks, blood, and such are still here."
(355) Jenna:
The magic is different from mine. Was not of the Pattern, that much I could tell.
** (393) Agatha groans as she moves her arm. **
(386) Vrondard:
"was real now it s gone"
(366) Kha:
"Well lets see if we can still follow the tracks I was following, I dont want to be around if the vanishing bear comes back"
(393) Agatha:
"Sure felt real."
(380) Git:
"Most likely... but if what we're tracking is capable of summoning magic, maybe it isn't the brainless twit who wrote the note"
(401) Sarrim:
"Don't think so. I think they activated...Something"
(401) Sarrim:
"You heard the bang, didn't you?"
** (380) Git retrieves his bow. **
(366) Kha:
"Ya thought the bear ran inito the wall"
(380) Git:
"What? the stones tyou think?"
(401) Sarrim:
"Dunno...Lets continue on, maybe whatever held the bear is still lying there."
(401) Sarrim:
"Agatha, Kha. Are you two fit to continue?"
** (366) Kha starts following the tracks again **
(366) Kha:
"Ya I'll live as long as I dont get hit that hard again"
(380) Git:
"/me simply nods, cautiously continuing along.
** (401) Sarrim nods. **
(355) TaliesinNYC:
Ledge: You enter what seems at first to be simply another widened out passage that the dwarves were mining, but a few steps farther in, you can see that the floor falls away into a very deep pit. As you slowly near the edge of the ledge you're standing on, you see that the side of the pit is climbable--with some difficulty.
(393) Agatha:
"I'm a little worse for the wear, but I can still lift my axe."
** (401) Sarrim takes his rope from his pack. **
(366) Kha (whispering):
Do the track lead down the pit?
** (380) Git takes a moment to look around the chamber, and down into the pit below. **
whispering to Kha, yes
(366) Kha:
"Tracks go down"
** (366) Kha looks down the starts down the pit **
(366) Kha:
Climb Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25)
(355) TaliesinNYC:
Pit: The floor of the large cavern is strewn with fresh rubble -- rocks, boulders and pebbles of all sizes are scattered everywhere. This must be the result of the cave-in that Hather spoke of.
(386) Vrondard:
"well then i guess thats where we go"
** (401) Sarrim nods **
** (366) Kha waits for the others to get down **
(355) Jenna:
You're probably going to want to rest first.
** (401) Sarrim begins removing all of his gear and armor, bundling them into a package. **
(366) Kha:
((Gona take a quick smoke break))
(386) Vrondard:
"hmmm Agatha... yr not in good shape"
(386) Vrondard:
"where there is one bear.. there could be another"
(355) Jenna:
I somehow don't think this dwarf would appreciate a group of dead rescuers.
(380) Git:
"Could be a whole den of them"
(393) Agatha:
"I cut up one. I can cut up another."
(393) Agatha:
"I think might need some stonger weapons though."
(428) Dinmet Thaliondil (exit): 00:54
(386) Vrondard:
"alright but dont be getting fierce if we meet somethin"
** (380) Git heads down the cliff face with the ropes aid **
(380) Git:
climb(in case you want a roll) [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
(393) Agatha:
::to Jenna:: "By the way, thanks child. I thought I'd be out of the fight there for a moment."
** (401) Sarrim sings quietly to himself, and touches Agatha's shoulder, enveloping her in a blue glow (3hp healed) **
** (355) Jenna nods. **
(366) Kha:
((Back))
** (401) Sarrim takes his belt, and straps it in a way to allow his bundle to slide down his rope. Calls down to one of them to grab the end of the rope and pull it so it's angled, and be ready to stop the package. **
(355) Jenna:
I would say the debt is paid, but I shall remain with you and see this through.
(366) Kha:
"I agree with Jenna, it is getting late, it was sun down when we headed in here and I am getting tired, I dont want to be stumbaling into another bear half asleep"
** (401) Sarrim will send the package down, and then begin his own descent, carefully, down Git's rope. **
(380) Git:
"It already knows we're here. better than it catching us in our sleep, yes?"
(401) Sarrim:
[1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(401) Sarrim:
(The Gods are agaisnt me, it seems)
(380) Git:
(thought it was your rope?)
(366) Kha:
"This pit may make a nice place to rest for the night, I doubt a bear can alimb down it, and we can set a watch "
(401) Sarrim:
(Perhaps it is then, I'll use me own rope, =) )
** (393) Agatha grins. "Perhaps, I've misjudged you Jenna." **
(355) Jenna:
Very well then, but I cannot weave more than two or three threads at best.
(380) Git:
"Don't think it's bugbears we're dealing with really"
(355) Jenna:
Ays, I think you have.
** (393) Agatha slowly gets down the cliff on Git's rope. **
(393) Agatha:
[1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17)
(366) Kha:
"Well I know I could use a bit more of that healing you did, and it looks like Agatha could as well. Maybe you could heal us before we sleep?"
(380) Git:
(:Shrugs: Don't even own a rope...)
(355) Jenna:
I shall try.
(355) Jenna:
[2d8+3] -> [1,6,3] = (10)
whispering to Agatha, take 10 back
** (401) Sarrim lands roughly on the ground, and begins putting his armor and equipment back on. **
(355) DM:
[1d8+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
whispering to Kha, take 4 back
(366) Kha:
"Thank you, much better"
(366) Kha:
"You gona leave the rope just tied up top like that?"
** (380) Git takes a survey of the rubble, serching for lose rocks which might cause a trip and anything which might have been buried iin the cave in **
(401) Sarrim:
"They'll be coming down soon."
** (393) Agatha rotates her arm. **
(380) Git:
(be nice to get back up)
(393) Agatha:
"Haah. Much better."
(380) Git:
"besides, you said the tracks lead down here right?"
** (366) Kha scampers back up the rocks and un ties the rope and drops it back down after everyone else is down" **
(401) Sarrim:
"And we'll need it secured up there. The climb up will be difficult."
(401) Sarrim:
"Or...Not."
(366) Kha:
Climb Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
(380) Git:
(do we roll search checks or do you?)
(401) Sarrim:
(I think the DM decided to do all listen, spot, and search checks)
** (366) Kha climbs back down quickly, "I dont want it left there for anything to follow us down easaly" **
(393) Agatha:
"Aye. We may be needing a quick escape if they keep calling up beasts like that one."
(366) Kha:
Climb Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [7,6] = (13)
(355) DM:
(unless I say otherwise, I do all those rolls)
** (401) Sarrim shrugs, and puts his rope away **
(380) Git:
(hai hai)
(355) DM:
Three different corridors.
(401) Sarrim:
(AFK)
(366) Kha:
"Shall we rest in here, or do you want to continue further? I am getting tired myself"
** (386) Vrondard listens for noises **
(401) Sarrim:
(Back)
(401) Sarrim:
"We could rest, but keep two people on watch at all times."
(393) Agatha:
"Agreed. I'll take the first watch."
(386) Vrondard:
"well this isnt the place... to many ways to get attacked"
(446) Blackfern (enter): 01:10
(380) Git:
"Yeah, we're trapped, best to rest at the top of the cliff if anywhere"
(446) Blackfern (exit): 01:11
(393) Agatha:
"What? I just got down here. Now, you wanna head back up?"
(366) Kha:
"I think it would be better to rest in the pit, but if you want to climb back up and rest up top thats fine with me"
(380) Git:
"FIne, fine... forget I said anything."
(401) Sarrim:
"Cold food. Hot food will attract..Unsavory things."
(366) Kha:
"I'll take first watch with Agatha"
(380) Git:
"And so the brutalized let the unharmed rest. Mighty generous of ya."
(401) Sarrim:
"Yah...I do think you two should skip watch."
(386) Vrondard:
"well we could look around but we shouldnt rest down here"
(366) Kha:
"I dont care where we rest, lets just decide quickly and get some rest"
(401) Sarrim:
"Alright. Let's search for a better place. But I'm not climbing back up there. I'll likely fall and break my neck."
(380) Git:
"Alright, we rest here. Let it go."
** (366) Kha hands the glow stick back too Git **
(386) Vrondard:
"ok...fine then... ill chisel that on yer tombstone"
(380) Git (whispering):
would it be possible to form up some of the rubbles as footfalls to trip up approaching enemies?
whispering to Git, of course
(380) Git:
"Just can't win"
(401) Sarrim:
"I'm fine with it."
** (355) Jenna retires for the evening and is soon fast asleep **
** (380) Git drops his bags and begins shifting around some of the rubble in loose stackings. **
** (366) Kha slips into the shadows and silents moves off tword the cantrance to the pit to keep watch **
(366) Kha:
Hide Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18)
(366) Kha:
Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [6,8] = (14)
** (401) Sarrim sets up kip and drifts off. **
** (386) Vrondard stays on watch vigilantly **
** (380) Git , after moving around several rock piles along the course from the caverns south to their "camp" lays down beside the cliffside to rest **
(355) DM:
(fast forwarding)
(380) Git (whispering):
figure I set a foot fall or two in line of each person from the south tunnels.
(386) Vrondard:
k
(355) DM:
In the morning....well it would be morning but you really can't tell, you awake to find yourself untouched and still alive.
whispering to Git, ok
** (366) Kha Yawns and straches **
** (393) Agatha gets up and stretches. **
(366) Kha:
"See told you the pit was fine to sleep in"
(380) Git:
"Yyyaaaawwwwnnnn... big victory for you"
** (366) Kha searches around to see what branch the track went down **
(393) Agatha:
"Aahhh. Well we're alive. Let's finish the job."
** (401) Sarrim is still quietly sprawled in his corner. **
whispering to Kha, WL check then
(366) Kha:
Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [16,8] = (24)
(386) Vrondard:
"well safe for one night"
whispering to Kha, the right most track. the funny thing about these tracks soon becomes apparent.....
(355) TaliesinNYC:
Tracks: In the slightly muddy floor of this cave, the imprints of booted feet run every which way. One set of tracks stand out from all the rest, however: the tracks of a mountain lion oir some other great cat.
** (380) Git gets up, and goes over to shake Sarrim awake **
(401) Sarrim:
"Bleh...Eh? Ah...K..K"
(380) Git:
(figure we're on the second sunrod now, right?)
(355) DM:
(yes)
** (401) Sarrim gathers up his stuff, and chugs down some water to wake him up. **
(366) Kha:
"Well looks like there is a large cat down here some ware"
(380) Git:
"Of course... why wouldn't there be?"
(386) Vrondard:
"gah stupid cat will dissapear like the other one... aint supposed to be down here"
(386) Vrondard:
"unless it be cave panther... chasing prey down a tunnel"
(393) Agatha:
"Well, ain't that lovely? Looks like we are dealing with a summoner."
(366) Kha (whispering):
Does it look like the booted tracks were running around in panic, like they metup with the cat, or just lots of tracks?
(393) Agatha:
"If not, they're doing a good job of not getting eaten."
whispering to Kha, lots of tracks
(401) Sarrim:
"Perhaps we should ready something to fiiiiiiiiiigggggghhhht aaa caat (<Yawn)"
whispering to Kha, eventually you lose the trail because it becomes muddied throughout the mess
(380) Git:
"Maybe it's just their pet lion"
whispering to Swivel, how do you like it so far? you haven't left yet so that must be good
whispering to Swivel, =)
(380) Git:
:to Kha: "They all in the same direction?"
(402) Swivel (whispering):
I'm really liking it a lot.
(366) Kha:
"Well there are too many tracks here to figure out what ones I ws following last night"
(402) Swivel (whispering):
A lot. Much better than most other sessions I've lurked in. Everyone seems eager to play the game, and the roleplaying is good. Not straight foward hack-n-slash.
(366) Kha:
"No, the tracks go every which way, making it hard to follow"
(380) Git:
"Oh well, guess the kitty is the exception, so lets follow its tracks, can we?"
(366) Kha:
"But it does not look like they were running in panic, so either who ever made the tracks knows the cat, or they were made at seperate times"
whispering to Swivel, that's cool. you'll understand why the philosophy is there on the site, as a means of filtering people who want straight up FR which is fine, but that's not what the game is all about. =)
(386) Vrondard:
"hmmm well lets choose a tunnel here"
(366) Kha (whispering):
What way do most of the booted prints head, and what way do the cat prints head?
(402) Swivel (whispering):
No. I really like how everyone's playing and how you're DMing. It's not childish like most other campaigns on here.
whispering to Kha, the booted prints: all over the place. no specific clue. the cat prints: down the tunnel already drawn
** (366) Kha starts looking at the prits a bit more closely **
(380) Git:
"do you know which way the cat went?"
whispering to Swivel, thanks. hehe, I think. =)
(366) Kha:
"Ya down the tunnle further"
(402) Swivel (whispering):
Yea, those were compliments. :P
whispering to Jake (observing), if you can make it, pls stick around for a bit when the session ends
whispering to Swivel, if you can make it, pls stick around for a bit when the session ends
** (401) Sarrim will follow as needed. **
(380) Git:
"Well if that think is summoned as we think the bugbear was, we'll probably find the summoner where it went"
(402) Swivel (whispering):
I definitely plan to.
** (366) Kha starts off down the tunnle not realy following the cat tracks, but watching them **
(380) Git:
(how large are the prints?)
(380) Git:
(boot prints that is?)
(355) DM:
The cat prints? They're fairly large, but not as large as those that were made by the bear which in your estimation was an adult.
(355) DM:
Ah. The boot prints are small. About the size of a dwarf or smaller.
** (380) Git follows after kha **
(366) Kha:
((Git a bug bear isnt realy a bear it is a large human sized fhairy goblin))
(380) Git:
(yes I know that)
** (366) Kha keeps going the only way to go **
(355) TaliesinNYC:
Skeleton: As you enter yet another of the small areas hollowed out by the dwarves' digging, you see something in the floor: a skeleton. Its ivory white bones are clearly visible on the floor, even in the flickering light. As you watch however, a hand suddenly twitches and reaches for you!
(366) Kha:
"Ahh moving bones"
(355) DM:
(roll init...)
(366) Kha:
[1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24)
(380) Git:
[1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
(393) Agatha:
(them bones, them bones, them damned bones)
(355) DM:
[1d20] -> [8] = (8)
(401) Sarrim:
Sarrim ::[1d20+0+0] -> [11,0,0] = (11) Initiative
(393) Agatha:
[1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16)
(355) DM:
(24, Kha)
** (366) Kha Kicks at the hand as it starts to move **
(366) Kha:
[1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
(355) DM:
As you do so, you hear a chittering sound, and a large hairy spider about the size of your foot pops out from under the bones (which is what caused the bones to move in the first place) and lunges at you....
(355) DM:
The skeleton drops to the muck.
(447) Serenade (enter): 01:40
(355) DM:
(18, Git)
(380) Git:
kukri slash- [1d20+1] -> [12,1] = (13)
(366) Kha:
"Bah spider get it away from me!"
(386) Vrondard:
Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16)
(448) Johnnyfive (enter): 01:41
(355) DM:
(Git, miss)
(355) DM:
(Vron, hit)
(448) Johnnyfive (exit): 01:42
(366) Kha:
((That was his Init roll ;p))
(355) DM:
nm. Vron (roll)
(386) Vrondard:
ha
(386) Vrondard:
Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+2+3] -> [20,2,3] = (25) Critical on Natural 20

(386) Vrondard:
Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+3] -> [9,3] = (12) damage

(355) DM:
(severely wounded)
(386) Vrondard:
(half damage for 6)
(355) DM:
(16, Ag)
(393) Agatha:
(it's a spider, not a skeleton)
(449) Xeriar (enter): 01:44
** (393) Agatha snort derisively and takes a whack at it. **
(393) Agatha:
[1d20+6] -> [7,6] = (13)
(355) DM:
(miss)
(447) Serenade (exit): 01:45
(355) DM:
(11, Sarrim)
(401) Sarrim:
Skewer Time!
(401) Sarrim:
Weapons: Longsword Attack (To Hit:[1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)) (Damage:[1d8+3] -> [1,3] = (4))
(401) Sarrim:
(*Wildly flails about like the Star Wars kid and impales himself)
(355) DM:
(miss...)
(355) DM:
You're unsure if the spider is actually chuckling to itself as it spits a glob of gray liquid at Sarrim and then lazily lunges at it.
(355) DM:
(Reflex)
(355) DM:
[1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23)
(355) DM:
(AC 23)
(449) Xeriar (exit): 01:49
(401) Sarrim:
Saves: Reflex: [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
whispering to Sarrim, Fort save as well when you get a chance
(401) Sarrim:
(*Sigh*.....)
(401) Sarrim:
Saves: Fortitude: [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23)
(355) DM:
The gray liquid strikes the wall behind Sarrim and solidifies into a mass of webbing.
(355) DM:
(ok)
(355) DM:
[1d8+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
(355) DM:
(take 8)
(355) DM:
(24, Kha)
(401) Sarrim:
"Gah..."
** (355) Jenna concentrates, touching Sarrim's arm as a luminous white glow surrounds his form, rapidly closing his wounds and easing the sting from the spider's bite. **
** (366) Kha starts convulsing and flaling about like a mad man screaming get it away! get it away!, then runs off in the direction they came from, away from the spider **
(355) DM:
[1d8+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
whispering to Sarrim, you're at 9
(355) DM:
(18, git)
(401) Sarrim (whispering):
Wait...But it said 8 damage...
** (380) Git stares after Kha for a second before moving in to aid, flanking the spider with Sarrim(if I can) and attacks **
(380) Git:
[1d20+1] -> [17,1] = (18)
whispering to Sarrim, and Jenna healed you for 5
(380) Git:
[1d4] -> [4] = (4)
(401) Sarrim (whispering):
Ahhh
(380) Git:
[1d6] -> [5] = (5)
(355) Voice:
(critically wounded)
(380) Git:
(dmg and sneak if I get flank)
(451) No Name (enter): 01:53
(355) Voice:
(yes)
(355) DM:
(er, yes)
(355) Voice:
Hmpf. You live. Bad bear. Me knew not pick right. hmph.
(355) DM:
The voice is the same one from before, and fades away eventually...
(393) Agatha:
"You can't hide behind your vermin forever!"
(355) DM:
(16, Vron)
** (386) Vrondard attacks **
 (386) Vrondard:
Dwarven Waraxe Attack:
Vrondard attacks with his Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+2+3] -> [19,2,3] = (24) Critical on Natural 20

(386) Vrondard:
Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+3] -> [5,3] = (8) damage

(393) Agatha:
"Come out and face us!"
(380) Git:
(you got some killer rolls going vron)
(386) Vrondard:
"nothing can escape me axe!"
(355) DM:
The spider stops mid skitter and scatters its insides out all over the floor.
(366) Kha (whispering):
when I get far enough away so I cant see the spider I am going to sit down and stop running
whispering to Kha, ok
(380) Git:
"Well that was apealing"
(401) Sarrim:
"Indeed."
(355) DM:
(So what now?)
(393) Agatha:
"Bloody coward hiding behind bugs."
(380) Git:
:calls down the hall after Kha: "Oh, Brave Spear Dancer, the big scary bug's gone now. You can come out!"
(386) Vrondard:
"gah thats a messy one"
** (386) Vrondard waits to see if it will dissapear" **
(366) Kha (whispering):
do I hear the call?
(380) Git:
(follow that voice! right?)
(355) DM:
yes
(366) Kha (whispering):
Listen Check: [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28) -> [7,8] -> (7, 8) = (15) If it is needed
(355) DM:
It doesn't disappear.
whispering to Kha, no, no need. you can see the light in the tunnel, just barely.
(386) Vrondard (whispering):
make Alfred a player
whispering to Vrondard, why?
** (366) Kha walks back shaking badly **
(380) Git:
"Kha! Are you there?"
(366) Kha:
"Are you sure the thing is dead?"
whispering to Vrondard, he's not in this game.
(380) Git:
"Problem with spiders I'm guessing?"
(393) Agatha:
"It doesn't matter. Let's run down our mystery man and get some answers.
(380) Git:
"Yeah, splattered remains and all"
** (366) Kha glances at the remains **
whispering to Vrondard, session's ending soon dude
(380) Git:
"Right, onward to... whatever we're on to..."
(366) Kha:
"Yes terified of them, hate them"
(386) Vrondard (whispering):
ok
(355) DM:
Which tunnel? right or left?
** (366) Kha shutters and continues on past the spider, kicking the bones as he walks by **
(386) Vrondard:
"ow about this one?"
** (386) Vrondard points left **
** (366) Kha looks for the tracks again **
(366) Kha:
Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [19,8] = (27)
** (380) Git sees where Vronard points **
(380) Git:
"Any particular reason?"
(386) Vrondard:
"nope"
(355) TaliesinNYC:
Honk: A flickering blue glow can be seen in the passageway ahead, and you can hear a rhythmic honking sound. Once every couple of heartbeats, a brief "honk" can be heard, like a bugle. It is occurring at an unnaturally regular interval.
(380) Git:
0.o
(355) DM:
(Sounds vaguely like an obnoxious car alarm, OOC)
** (401) Sarrim considers taking his hammer to the moss **
(380) Git:
"This is the most annoying moss I've ever heard"
(401) Sarrim:
(LOL)
(393) Agatha:
"Well, that led to trouble last time. Care to push our luck?"
(401) Sarrim:
(From somewhat perturbed to hostile, =) )
(355) DM:
As you come to the fork in the tunnel, the honks can be heard in the passage to the right.
(380) Git:
"left it is"
(366) Kha (whispering):
which way do the tracks go?
(386) Vrondard:
"har"
(355) DM:
(right)
(366) Kha:
"Tracks go right"
whispering to Kha, (right)
(380) Git:
:groans: "Of course they do..."
(386) Vrondard:
"then we go right"
** (366) Kha starts off to the right, still a bit shakky **
** (386) Vrondard peers into the gloomy darkness ahead **
** (380) Git follows behind kha **
(386) Vrondard:
and moves into the right tunnel
** (401) Sarrim takes a sample of the moss in a spare vial **
** (393) Agatha charges after them. **
** (401) Sarrim and continues with them. **
(355) TaliesinNYC:
Dwarf: Slowly entering the cave before you, you hear the sound of snoring (in between honks). Rounding the corner cautiously, you see a small bearded body, bound hand and foot, sleeping agianst the wall and snoring loudly. A crude bowl and a few bones are scattered all around him. Blue rocks abound inside this room as rivulets of water drip onto a bed of moss that the dwarf is reclining on. With each drip you can hear a "honk" punctuated by a raspy snore. The sound is akin to that of a chorus of bugles and a chorus of heavy breathers.

Then you notice he wears only one boot!

** (366) Kha mumbaling to him self something about death on eight legs **
(366) Kha:
"Hey dwarf wake up!"
(355) Tjegg:
*snore*
(401) Sarrim:
"This is possibly the most hideous sounds I have ever heard."
(386) Vrondard:
"what the friggen fark is this?"
(355) DM:
You can barely hear yourselves over the chorus of honks and raspy snores.
** (366) Kha picks up a rock and tosses it at the dwarf, trying to wake him up **
(355) DM:
HONK
(393) Agatha:
"It's almost as bad as one of Kha's rants."
(355) Tjegg:
*snore*
** (393) Agatha is unheard over the snores. **
** (355) Tjegg rolls over, producing a cacophany of honks **
(401) Sarrim:
"Oh sweet Tammara!"
(355) DM:
HONK
(386) Vrondard:
"well Im going to go get im"
** (366) Kha takes a deep breath and holds it walking into the room to grab the dwarf **
(355) Tjegg:
*snore*
(401) Sarrim:
"Give me three minutes. This place is going up in flames. I swear it!"
** (386) Vrondard moves forward **
(380) Git:
"Yeah, this is definitely the most annoying job I've ever done"
(355) Tjegg:
Eh?
** (393) Agatha tightens the scarf around her face. **
(355) DM:
HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKK
(451) Garath (exit): 02:17
(355) Tjegg:
Uh....yer not goblins....*snore*
(380) Git:
"How did he sleep through this crap?"
** (366) Kha grabs the dwarf and hauls him off the ground and carries him back out of the room **
** (401) Sarrim takes out his vial of organic eating slime, and tips a bit onto the moss **
(355) DM:
You notice that he's badly beaten and scratched.
(401) Sarrim:
"A small, but meaningful victory against this horror of all horrors."
(386) Vrondard:
"nah... never been a goblin lover either"
(355) DM:
hmmmm....muahahahhah, ahem
(355) DM:
[3d100] -> [18,81,29] = (128)
(355) DM:
[1d100, 1d100, 1d100] -> ([11], [54], [51])
(401) Sarrim:
(I was...In all good faith...Kidding)
(355) DM:
Suddenly, as the slime comes into contact with the moss....the following occurs in rapid succession....
(355) DM:
All of your wounds are healed.
(401) Sarrim:
(?!)
(355) DM:
A ball of glowing energy coalesces inside the moss and bursts forth, striking the slime in several places, leaving smoking trails in its wake.
(401) Sarrim:
(That's...Odd)
(355) DM:
The slime quadruples in volume and mass.
(401) Sarrim:
"Alright...This is weird"
(380) Git:
"Sarrim.... what did you do?"
whispering to Jake (observing), heheheh never mess with wild magic and a DM's imagination
(366) Kha:
"We got the dwarf lets just head back out"
(386) Vrondard:
"by the anvils of creation what is goin on!" he shouts
(425) Jake (observing) (whispering):
LOL
** (401) Sarrim looks at himself. "I feel...Great!" **
(401) Sarrim:
"Like that spider never touched me!"
(355) DM:
As that went on, a chorus of HONKs erupt from the moss
(401) Sarrim:
"AAAAAUUGHH...MORE HONKS!"
** (366) Kha unties the dwarf "You think you can walk?" **
(355) Tjegg:
*snore*
(366) Kha:
"Carry it is"
(380) Git:
"Fine just lets leave already"
** (401) Sarrim will *carefully* collect some more slime into his slime vial, until it is full." **
** (366) Kha slings the dwarf over my sholder like a bag of potatoes and starts off the way we came **
(401) Sarrim:
"Have him stand near this for a second."
(355) DM:
Ah. Reflex save.
(401) Sarrim:
Oy
(401) Sarrim:
Saves: Reflex: [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
(355) DM:
The slime lunges at you.
(401) Sarrim:
"Holy mother of Pearl!"
(393) Agatha:
"Damn it Sarrim! What the hell did you do?"
(355) DM:
You barely make it as it tries to encircle you from leaving the cavern.
(401) Sarrim:
But it's the size of a roll, at most. I didn't pour much slime onto the moss!
(401) Sarrim:
(Like having a rat glare at you menacingly)
(386) Vrondard:
"this be a death moss now... got to get outa here"
(366) Kha:
((It quadrupaled in size, didnt it?))
whispering to Jake (observing), tsk tsk never play with green slime hehehe
(393) Agatha:
"Git, get the dwarf out now!"
(380) Git:
(yes, now the size of a dinner plate it seeks blood!)
(425) Jake (observing) (whispering):
Oh boy, one problem for another
(401) Sarrim:
(Yah, but you must understanding, a vial of the stuff, FULL, is about the length of my hand, and the width of a finger. I poured a minute amount, 1 quarter of it, onto the moss)
(366) Kha:
"I'm already heading out with the dwarf while you all are playing with the moss"
(380) Git:
"Right behind you"
(355) DM:
((OOC and you're playing with forces beyond your ken, lol is all I'm going to say))
(393) Agatha:
(hey a catalyst is a catalyst.)
(401) Sarrim:
(No kidding)
** (380) Git follows after kha. **
(401) Sarrim:
"Hey little slime...I'm...Just...Gonna go, if you don't mind...Thanks for cleaning me up a bit..."
** (386) Vrondard is well away from the slime... **
(380) Git:
"Do feel a little sorry for the guys now stuck behind what is probably a growing mass of that green slime."
** (401) Sarrim edges back toward the group, away from the slime. **
(355) DM:
As you hasten out of the passageway, a large animal you've never ever seen before blocks your passage from the tunnel as a squeaky voice proclaims triumphantly, "AH HA!"
** (393) Agatha follows after. **
(355) DM:
It appears to be a boar. (very well, you've seen a boar before but not here)
(380) Git:
"oh not again..."
(393) Agatha:
"You again?"
(355) DM:
(roll init)
(401) Sarrim:
Sarrim ::[1d20+0+0] -> [12,0,0] = (12) Initiative
(366) Kha:
"Ah Ha your self you damn anoying animals, go away and we wont have to kill your pet this time"
(355) DM:
The boar is a mite confused however
(380) Git:
[1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
(366) Kha:
[1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24)
(401) Sarrim:
Care to explain why, omnipotent one?
(393) Agatha:
"Come out and face, ya gutless lily-livered, yellow bellied, son of a maggot!"
(393) Agatha:
[1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(386) Vrondard:
"never mind that... I'll just kill it then I'll kill thes his here tauntin mage"
(355) Voice:
Whut omni....omni.....da big word mean?
(386) Vrondard:
Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
(355) TaliesinNYC:
[1d20] -> [4] = (4)
(355) TaliesinNYC:
[1d20] -> [18] = (18)
(401) Sarrim:
"All powerful...I was asking why you would place a dwarf inside that chamber...Of...Honking sounds."
(355) DM:
(poorly accented common)
(355) DM:
(switching maps)
(401) Sarrim:
"We left a suitable gift in return for it. He should be more interesting than a stinky old dwarf."
(355) DM:
ok, since the mini libraries aren't reacting to my commands, the circle is where the boar appears
(401) Sarrim:
(That's a big boar)
(355) DM:
The right hand tunnel is towards the slime (which btw) is in no danger of coming towards you....yet
(401) Sarrim:
"Anyway, omnipotent - all powerful - one, if you're willing, I could show you how to make an army of little slime slaves to do your bidding, if you let us pass."
(355) DM:
(24, Kha)
** (366) Kha kicks at the boar **
(366) Kha:
[1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)
(401) Sarrim:
"Stay your weapon for the moment, comrades, we might be able to trade with the creature, if he's willing." (Just ready an action)
(401) Sarrim:
(Goddamnit Kha!0
(355) DM:
The boar snaps out of its haze and grunts at you, puzzled.
(366) Kha:
[1d4+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
(393) Agatha:
(So much for that. Time for plan B.)
(366) Kha:
"Get out of here ya stupid pig"
(355) DM:
Suddenly, a goblin pops out of nowhere, and attacks Kha!
(401) Sarrim:
"Alright."
(393) Agatha:
(The B stands for berserker bash)
(401) Sarrim:
(This is becoming very disconcerting)
(355) DM:
[1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
(366) Kha:
"hahahahaha, damn goblins"
(401) Sarrim:
(The Goblin pulled a Sarrim attack!)
(355) DM:
Of course, the goblin misses, as it waves an orange sparking sword around in the air.
(393) Agatha:
(Umm, my map just disappeared.)
(355) Voice:
No, no Rumple, we strong and bright, no fight!!!!
(355) Rumple:
Uh ok.
(380) Git:
"Yeah no fight... sounds good"
(355) Voice:
Now go hide before big bad humies come kill us.
(393) Agatha:
"Than lay down your arms and face us!"
(355) Rumple:
Uh ok. (sulk)
(355) Rumple:
(14, Git)
(401) Sarrim:
"Alright...Please...Just...Calm down Agatha...Now's not the time to be throwing insults at the creature and goblins with sparkings swords."
(393) Agatha:
"Last chance. Surrender and we'll let you live."
(355) Rumple:
Dis no fun. We strong, must fight. (sulk) Why you boss man?
(355) Voice:
Cuz I gots ring.
(355) Rumple:
Oh. ok. (sulk)
(355) DM:
(12, Sarrim)
(366) Kha:
"Will you stop arguing with your pig and just move aside"
(355) Voice:
You humie funny. You almost die. We strong, not fight you now.
(355) DM:
(10, Agatha)
(454) Max Silverwood (enter): 02:44
(454) Max Silverwood (exit): 02:44
(401) Sarrim:
"Alright then...Shall you let us pass? Perhaps you want to know how to make your own delightful little slime?"
(380) Git:
(I'm getting a bunch of gif error messages)
(355) Voice:
Uh no.
(393) Agatha:
"Wrong answer!"
(401) Sarrim (whispering):
Detecting evil, trying to pinpoint a location on the voice...
(355) DM:
Suddenly, also out of nowhere, another goblin appears next to Vrondard, waving something in its hand.
(355) Voice:
Ooops.
(355) DM:
(Vron, 4)
** (393) Agatha charges towards the boar but sees the mage and changes course. **
whispering to Sarrim, no need, wouldn't you say? lol
(393) Agatha:
[1d20+6] -> [1,6] = (7)
(401) Sarrim (whispering):
Not now, hehe...I thought he was invisible for a bit though, hehe
(393) Agatha:
(damn my indecision)
(386) Vrondard:
"what the..."
whispering to Sarrim, why, yes he was. =)
** (386) Vrondard attacks the goblin **
(401) Sarrim (whispering):
Lol...This has to be the most confusing encounter yet.
(355) Gimble:
Aaaack!
(386) Vrondard:
Dwarven Waraxe Attack vs Goblins/Orcs:
Vrondard attacks with his Dwarven Waraxe
[1d20+2+3+1] -> [14,2,3,1] = (20) Critical on Natural 20

whispering to Sarrim, everything is under control, trust me.
(386) Vrondard:
Dwarven Waraxe Damage:
Vrondard's Dwarven Waraxe does
[1d10+3] -> [4,3] = (7) damage

(401) Sarrim (whispering):
No, I know you have tabs on everything, it's just me that's confused
** (366) Kha shakes his head "I told you stupid goblins to get out of our way **
(355) DM:
The goblin falls to the ground, dead, as you decapitate its head. Once that occurs, the boar vanishes.
(401) Sarrim:
"WHY can't things be solid! Solid! And visible! I'd take fighting a gnoll over this any day!"
(386) Vrondard:
"har... stupid goblin..."
** (386) Vrondard looks for more goblins to kill **
(355) DM:
The sole remaining goblin sticks it out, sword arm quavering
(401) Sarrim:
"Check and see about whatever "ring" that goblin was supposed to be carrying. It held power over that...Monstrosity."
(355) DM:
(24, Kha)
(401) Sarrim:
"RUN GOBLIN! NEVER RETURN! OR SLIME DEMONS WILL EAT YOU!"
(380) Git:
"Would ya shut up about the slime already?"
(393) Agatha:
"And leave your blade behind while you're at it."
(401) Sarrim:
"Bah, no respect for quasi-living flesh-eating things, eh?"
** (366) Kha move tword the other goblin still carrying the dwarf and thrusts his spear at him **
(366) Kha:
Shortspear Attack Roll: [1d20+6] -> [8,6] = (14)===> DMG: [1d8+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
(355) DM:
It too dies.
(366) Kha:
"I warned it"
(386) Vrondard:
"gah.. yeah stole me fun!"
** (366) Kha sets the dwarf down and looks for the ring the goblin was talking about **
(380) Git:
(I need to sleep soon. my brain's going numb)
(393) Agatha:
"Funny. Didn't hear ya."
(401) Sarrim:
"I have to agree with Agatha on that one. Nevertheless, at least he's not a threat anymore."
** (401) Sarrim leans down and picks up the orange blade the goblin wielded. **
(386) Vrondard:
"bah useless goblin junk"
** (393) Agatha searches the area for any other surprises. **
** (401) Sarrim begins examining it thoroughly, both in property and design. **

(386) Vrondard: "aint nothin worth anything on a goblin.. least anything it didnt steal from someone else"
(393) Agatha:
(How long would it take for a search if I took 20?)
(401) Sarrim:
"There had to be something that. It was invisible, I think...And when it died, the boar thing disappeared."
(380) Git:
"Might be stolen from that wizard Elistar"
(401) Sarrim:
"An excellent proposition Git"
(401) Sarrim:
"From what we've seen so far, it's nothing not to be expected"
(380) Git:
(tjegg awake?)
(393) Agatha:
"Real life of the party, that Elistar."
(401) Sarrim:
(I doubt it)
** (366) Kha takes the ring and does a quick look over on it then slips it in his pocket **
(401) Sarrim:
"Indeed Agatha...I never thought I'd see a day when trees could make my eyes hurt"
(386) Vrondard:
"yeah... there be some crazyness down here"
** (366) Kha picks up the dwarf again, well lets go **
(401) Sarrim:
"Kha...If I may, could I take a look at that?"
(393) Agatha:
"I swear, if I ever meet that crazy bastard, POW! right in the nose."
(401) Sarrim (whispering):
Interesting
(366) Kha:
"After we get out of here in the light. Now I know there are large spiders down here I am not staying another night"
(355) DM:
if you took 20, about half an hour
(393) Agatha:
(standard search then)
(401) Sarrim:
"I've read something about these swords...Enchantments are supposed to sharpen the blade, and guide the wielder's arm.
(401) Sarrim:
"
(386) Vrondard:
"aint no need.. just help our dwarven frineend outa here and we did what we were goin to do"
(355) DM:
All you're able to discover is a torn burlap tan colored bag.
(380) Git:
"Wonderful"
(355) Tjegg:
*snore*
(366) Kha:
"Hurry up and grab what ever you want off those goblins, I want to get out of here. The sword, and wand would be good, maybe something in thier pockets though"
(393) Agatha:
"Hrm..."
(401) Sarrim:
"Swear to God. An apocalyspe couldn't wake that guy up."
(380) Git:
"Maybe he's under an enchantment"
(355) DM:
The goblins seem to be unarmored and unarmed save for the ring and the sword. An empty potion vial is discovered lying in the muck next to the goblin with the sparkiing sword.
** (393) Agatha carefully opens up the bag, half-expecting some kind of magic trap. **
(401) Sarrim:
"Perhaps..."
** (401) Sarrim slaps the sleeping dwarf. **
(355) DM:
It seems to be an ordinary burlap bag, with a large rent in its middle.
(366) Kha:
((The dwarf is on my back))
(355) Tjegg:
Eh? Oh, goblins and cats....
(401) Sarrim:
"Stay with me...Come on"
(355) Tjegg:
(if people need to leave, leave. we're ending soon anyway))
** (366) Kha starts off again, to get out of here **
(393) Agatha:
(contents of the bag?)
(380) Git:
"Goblins yes... didn't find the dcat though.
(355) DM:
Nothing in the bag.
** (401) Sarrim rolls the dwarf's head a bit, since he's on Kha's back. **
(380) Git:
(ok then, I'm off. see you all later)
** (401) Sarrim takes a wineskin and pours some water on the dwarf's head. Also will heal the dwarf for a damage point. **
(386) Vrondard:
"hmm aint seen no cats yet"
(380) Git: Disconnecting from server...
(380) Git (exit): 03:03
** (393) Agatha does a closer search of the area around the bag in case something fell though the hole. **
(355) DM:
Eventually you leave the mine and make your way back to the lodge. The dwarves are overjoyed to see you but a bit concerned about Tjegg, who slept throughout your trip back.
(355) DM:
(ok)
(355) DM:
(Take as long as you like to search.)
(393) Agatha:
(standard search, hopefully with a circumstance bonus)
(355) DM:
You find just bits of fur.
(355) Hather:
Oh, ye made it, we were worried sick about ye. Elistar's back but 'e's nappin'. Make yerselves at home, if'n ye want.
(393) Agatha:
"Hmm...must be junk spell components."
** (393) Agatha pockets the fur anyway." **
(366) Kha:
"Ya some stupid goblin took him and wanted 10 gold to return him, but he waved a sword at me, after I told him to move aside, so I killed him"
(386) Vrondard:
"stupid goblins..." he laughs
(401) Sarrim:
(Kha...That's like saying, A mugger wanted a buck from me, but after I told him to leave me alone, he waved a hammer at me, so I shanked him)
(386) Vrondard:
"one tried to sneak up on me... tried I said"
(401) Sarrim:
"There's also...A small...Ah"
(401) Sarrim:
"Creature...Thing"
(355) Hather:
Well we're just glad ye came back with Tjegg, gobs or no gobs. If'n we can repay ye, we will. Elistar said something about that, but we'll let 'im take care o' it, right?
(366) Kha:
"I agree with that, what were they thinking, even with two of them and thier pet pig, there are five of us"
(401) Sarrim:
"That came out of the honkmoss."
(355) DM:
(and on that note, let's stop)
(401) Sarrim:
Sounds good
(366) Kha:
((Alrighty))
(393) Agatha:
Works for me. I don't know why, but I've been outta it all day.
(386) Vrondard:
: )
(355) DM:
But stick around if you can because new Swivel is a potential new player for the Friday game and Jake is in the Saturday game
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (402) Swivel...
(425) Jake (observing) (whispering):
Do you have just a few minutes to roll up that character? I can do it some other time but as long as we'ere here...
(401) Sarrim:
Saturday game?
(393) Agatha:
I can spare a couple minutes.


Back to Tolmara Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms