Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
14 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
12 Guests
Registered Users: Dog Ate Homework, Quick Loans


Back to MelNethra Logs
Welcome to OpenRPG version 1

Welcome to OpenRPG version 1.7.6...
Locating server at 74.220.220.200:6774...
Game connected!
(2349) TaliesinNYC (enter): 21:22
(2332) Darren (enter): 21:22
(2346) kb (enter): 21:22
(2342) kb (enter): 21:22
Server Administrator-> You have connected to an OpenRPG server, version '1.7.1'.

OpenRPG

Many thanks goes to all of those who contributed!

The Tangled Web


Join Us At: Our Forum

This product is licensed under the GNU GPL License.

 

The Tangled Web
Standing outside the entrance to the cave, you are surprised to hear the sounds of music and merriment coming from deep within.
1) Enter the Cave
2) Run fast and far away



Moving to room 'MelNethra'..
(2349) TaliesinNYC (enter): 21:23
Server Administrator->
(2331) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 21:23
(2336) Zane (enter): 21:23
(2337) Lunauc (enter): 21:23
(2339) Donovan (enter): 21:23
(2341) J.C. (enter): 21:23
Attempting to assign the role of GM to (2349) TaliesinNYC...
(2349) TaliesinNYC: eating brb
(2336) Zane: k
(2349) TaliesinNYC: and waiting for our 6th
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [16d8] => [4,7,1,6,7,1,8,5,4,4,1,3,8,5,1,3] = (68)
(2349) TaliesinNYC: starting in 10 regardless of Daelan being here
(2336) Zane: k
(2341) J.C.: In that case I'm going to restart real quick, I've been having some issues with my machine for the past hour.
(2341) J.C.: Leaving
(2341) J.C. (exit): 21:33
(2349) TaliesinNYC: I haven't read Lun's latest e-mail yet
(2336) Zane: Slacker. :-P
(2349) TaliesinNYC: heh
(2349) TaliesinNYC: what did you think of Diar last night?
(2337) Lunauc: Eh.. I like to tax people's patience. ^_^
(2349) TaliesinNYC: he's thinking of playing CN
(2349) TaliesinNYC: I'm a bit wary
(2337) Lunauc: CN what?
(2349) TaliesinNYC: likely fighter/rogue
(2336) Zane: hmm, I understand that. Few people can actually pull off CN without just being stupid random.
(2349) TaliesinNYC: assuming his bob passes muster
(2337) Lunauc: Git, CN and proud of it. ;p
(2349) TaliesinNYC: usually CN qualifies as chaotic stupid
(2349) TaliesinNYC: well unless you're Git
(2336) Zane: It was hard to get a good read on him since he ended up asking few questions. I understand that he may not have felt as though he needed to ask many, as he was able to get an understanding of the group just by watching.
(2349) TaliesinNYC: I told him that as an interview, it barely passed and so he shouldn't think of it as the real deal
(2337) Lunauc: Agreed. don't really have much to go on with him yet. Some e-mail correspondance along the way might clear that up
(2336) Zane: However, it made it more difficult for me to get a read on him, other than the fact that he seems rather intuitive.
(2331) Dj Gilcrease: Kha was Chaotic stupid =P
(2349) TaliesinNYC: yes but you're our beloved chaotic stupid
(2336) Zane: correction - he *was* our beloved chaotic stupid.
(2349) TaliesinNYC: oh Kha is still around
** (2349) TaliesinNYC whistles **
(2351) J.C. (enter): 21:40
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (2351) J.C....
(2336) Zane: But he's not our Kha now.
(2349) TaliesinNYC: no, I suppose not
(2331) Dj Gilcrease: (( AFK for a smoke ))
(2349) TaliesinNYC: ok, let's go
(2349) TaliesinNYC: (DJ can rejoin us)
(2349) TaliesinNYC: (after his smoke =P)
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(2349) TaliesinNYC: ** (1963) Glynn turns to the assembled council. "These people have sought us out and perhaps might aid us." **
** (1947) Garret eventually follows the others to the hall **
** (1943) Cael moves to where Calehan is standing, "Should we join the others? I don't think there is anything else we'll be able to discover here." **
(1961) Helisandra: "Aye, this sphere is a terrible event and must be stopped. I can only hope that it is not to late to do so. If we are to help, we must speak with Arcanist Amazzar."
(1945) Calehan: "I suppose there isn't. Let's go on then."
** (1963) Glynn turns back to you. "According to Amazzar, the sphere utterly destroys everything absorbed into it. Many citizens believe that the city has been doomed by the gods. Some have moved away but most people have nowhere to go. Amazaar has other theories about its origin. He believes that the sphere was created by a magus named Bzallin, who once held the post of Feyth'Alin's wizard-protector before he vanished to do an errand to Sul. Amazzar, his replacement, found some of Bzallin's research notes hidden in the wall of his study. One of the notes described a "void of utter blackness" that could be controlled and used as a devastating weapon." **
** (1945) Calehan cuts around the crowd to catch up with Garret. **
(1961) Helisandra: "And yet with those notes, he hasn't determined a way to stop it yet?"
(1963) Glynn: "If the sphere continues to grow at its present rate, Feyth'Alin will be consumed in fewer than seven days. Nothing would remain except a crater in the ground, and there's no guarantee the sphere would stop increasing in size!"
** (1943) Cael follows Calehan, all the while trying to keep and eye on the elf. **
(1963) Glynn: "No." (shakes his head in despair)
(1963) Glynn: "He might have more information, as I am not a magus. Will you help us?"
(1963) DM: The elf turns and slinks into a tavern.
(1964) Ian: " Yes we were told of the coming destruction of Feyth'Alin,that is why we are here.''
(1961) Helisandra: "Yes. We actually came to town searching for Amazzar anyway."
(1963) Glynn: "You have?"
(1963) DM: Some of the council members begin murmuring in amazement at Ian's proclamation.
** (1961) Helisandra sighs inaudibly, but presses on. "Yes, and from some checking by another mage, we determined that Amazzar has the key to this problem, even if he doesn't realize it." **
(1961) Helisandra: "So, consider us on the case. We have a few other friends out in town right now, so don't think it is just the two of us."
(1964) Ian: " Where can we find Amazzar?"
(1963) Glynn: "We are truly grateful for your help. Amazzar is in his magekeep, located next to the library."
(1961) Helisandra: "As we are new to town, could someone direct us there. Time is apparently quite important, as you have seen from the local population as well."
(1963) Glynn: "Seek the ivory tower near the Street of the Twelve. There is a key that you will need to enter the tower. If you come with me, I will give it to you."
** (1964) Ian turns to leave," May Solnor bless us all on this day.'' **
(1961) Helisandra: "It would be appreciated." She moves to go with Glynn.
(1963) DM: He leads you to his office where, after searching for a few minutes, produces a delicate crystal rod from the top drawer of his desk.
** (1961) Helisandra accepts the rod, smiling at the 'key'. **
(1963) Glynn: "There is no conventional way to enter his magekeep except by use of this rod. Speak the word 'Open' and it will transport you safely to his workroom."
(1961) Helisandra: "Thank you. Hopefully we can solve this matter quickly and allow your citizens to return to their lives."
** (1964) Ian waits for Helisandra **
** (1961) Helisandra heads outside with the key, looking to gather everyone before heading to the ivory tower. **

** (2336) Helisandra keeps the crystal key in her hand, gathering her companions around. **
** (2339) Calehan regroups, bringing the others up to Ian and Heli. **
(2336) Helisandra: "It seems the vision was not of the future, but what is happening now." she explains to them. "Amazzar has been researching the globe and still seems to be the best choice of a starting point."
** (2337) Garret ... gathers.. **
(2337) Garret: "Alright.. off to see the Amazzar then?"
(2336) Helisandra: "Yes. Got the key to his place right here." she indicates the crystal rod.
(2339) Calehan: "Let's go to it then."
(2337) Garret: "Okay... lets hope he's hospitable then." :bites off some sausage:
** (2336) Helisandra nods and heads towards the ivory tower, figuring it can be seen from the street. **
** (2337) Garret follows along, eating as they go. **
(2349) DM: Sure enough, Amazzar's ivory tower is just ahead, its spires glittering in the sunlight.
** (2331) Tian follows behind Heli, his hand on his sword, ready to draw it in an instent if someone comes too close **
(2349) DM: It's windowless and does not appear to have a visible entrance.
** (2336) Helisandra heads directly to the ivory tower. She stops right in front of it about an arm's distance away and speaks the word "Open". **
(2349) DM: There is a flash of light and a sense that you are not anywhere...
(2349) DM: and then....
(2349) DM: With a touch of the crystal rod, you are instantly transported to a brightly lit chamber with six walls. The ceiling rises to an apex nearly 20' above the tiled floor and six triangular windows along the ceiling allow the morning sun to enter.

You are standing atop a beautiful embroidered rug that resembles a magic star. Ornate designs are sewn into the rug with gold and silver thread. Nearby are three bookshelves packed with volumes of lore. Other furnishings are a round table, a wall shelf filled with spell components and various jars, a neatly-made bed with a black crow perched on one bedpost, a life-sized statue of a shocked-looking wizard, and two cluttered desks. Seated at one of the desks with his back to you is an elderly looking man wearing a green skullcap. He is leafing through the pages of a thick tome.

(2349) DM: (this happens to you as a group)
** (2331) Tian draws his sword at the sudden shift in location **
(2349) DM: All is silence.
(2353) Ian (enter): 22:03
(2349) DM: The wizard does not appear to have noticed your entrance.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (2353) Ian...
(2349) DM: (bring Ian up to date please)
** (2336) Helisandra quickly steps off the rug, looking around the room. "Greetings Amazzar." **
** (2337) Garret shakes his head at Tian, gesturing for him to lower his blade. **
(2349) DM: He ignores you.
(2331) Tian: "We being nice to this one?" ** Looks to Garret **
(2349) DM: He's bent over his book in rapt concentration.
** (2331) Tian puts his sword away **
(2337) Garret: :to Tian: "We're already entering uninvited, lets not add hostile gestures to the confusion."
(2339) Calehan: "I don't like the looks of this."
** (2336) Helisandra moves around the figure at the table. "Master Amazzar?" **
(2337) Garret: "Perhaps a deaf old one?"
** (2331) Tian looks around for any visible threats, then sniffs deeply to see if trhere are any hidden living creatures **
** (2353) Ian stands and looks around,once more not liking how he has ended up where he is. **
(2349) DM: Amazzar sits at his desk, bent over a thick emerald drakescale covered tome and reads silently. He doesn't seem to have noticed you.
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, the crow is alive.
** (2351) Jaron scans the room, eyeing the crow and the statue. **
** (2336) Helisandra glances down at the book he is reading. **
** (2331) Tian heads over to the crow and growls deeply at it **
(2349) DM: It appears to be a cookbook, albeit written in orcish.
(2349) DM: It caws and stares at you glassily.
** (2337) Garret moves cautiously over to elder, looking curiously about the room as he goes. Stopping behind him, Garret makes a suggestive gesture to Heli, to tap the man on the shoulder. **
(2331) Tian: "Shoo, eyes of the Dark one, before I decide to eat you!"
** (2353) Ian walks over to Amazzar and taps him on the shoulder **
(2349) DM: It's your typical wizard's abode, cluttered and filled to the brim with stuff.
** (2336) Helisandra reaches out to Amazzar, but is beated to it by Ian. **
(2349) DM: He doesn't respond.
** (2351) Jaron moves towards the statue, closely observing it. **
** (2337) Garret leans in to see if the man is alive. **
(2349) DM: It's quite lifelike, as if the subject was in the midst of doing something when it became petrified.
(2336) Helisandra: (( he's still leafing through the book? ))
whispering to Lunauc, oh, he's very much alive
(2349) DM: ((yes))
(2337) Garret: :shrugs to Heli: "Any illusion perhaps?"
(2336) Helisandra: "Perhaps."
** (2337) Garret looks to the statue, to try and place the likeness **
whispering to Lunauc, you've never seen him before
** (2353) Ian shakes the man by the shoulder **
** (2336) Helisandra starts looking around for any of Bzallin's notes. **
(2353) Ian: " Excuse me.''
** (2331) Tian gives up trying to scare the crow away and goves to the desk and shuts the book Amazzar was reading "Can I poke him now if he doesnt wake up?" **
** (2339) Calehan looks carefully at the old wizard, then the statue, looking for misplaced magic auras. **
(2337) Garret: :to Tian: "It's not really productive, though I'm not sure he'd care at this point either."
(2349) DM: The wizard sits in the same position and doesn't respond to your action.
whispering to Donovan, hm, well he's normal or so he appears to be.
** (2336) Helisandra starts with the desk, figuring if they can find Bzallin's notes they might gets some clues. **
(2351) Jaron: "Perhaps it is due to my recent predicament, but something about this just doesn't see right." :Motioning towards the statue:
(2351) Jaron: (( seem* ))
** (2331) Tian tosses the book to Cale "Maybe this broke him?" **
(2336) Helisandra: "It's not just you, I'm just not worry about figuring it out. I've leave that to those more inclined to magicks."
(2337) Garret: :to Jaron: "Yeah, we run into a lot of petrified folks. It's like an epidemic."
whispering to Zane, wheere do you look? the room is extremely cluttered
(2351) Jaron: "How very reassuring."
** (2331) Tian goes and picks up the chamber pot, hoping it hasnt been cleaned in a while and holds it under the nose of the old wizard **
(2349) DM: A cat becomes visible atop the bookcase, stretches languidly and meows, then leaps down to the rug.
** (2351) Jaron turns to watch the cat. **
(2349) DM: It quickly shapeshifts into the form of an elderly man, garbed in much the same fashion as the wizard seated by the table.
** (2331) Tian snarles at the cat while still holding the chamber pot "That cat was not here when we entered!" **
** (2337) Garret glances to the cat, watching it movement, then glances to the crow, before asking, "How many familiars do arcanists usually have?" **
(2349) Amazzar: "Can I help you?"
(2337) Garret: "Ah.. that explains that."
** (2351) Jaron looks at Helisandra. **
** (2336) Helisandra looks up. "Ahh, you must be Master Amazzar, yes?" **
** (2331) Tian tosses the chamber pot at the shap shiftiing man **
(2349) Amazzar: "Yes, at your service."
** (2349) Amazzar dodges nimbly aside. "It is customary for people to knock before entering one's abode." **
(2337) Garret: "Tian! What in the Hells!?"
(2351) Jaron: "Our apologies," :looks at Tian: "I'm sure."
(2331) Tian: "Bah, I hate magic!" ** moves to the far side of the room and waits for the others to conclude their buisness **
(2336) Helisandra: "The council sent.." he pauses and cringes as Tian throws the pot. "I appologize, but the council did give us the key and password, there was no where to knock really."
** (2349) Amazzar smirks. **
(2349) Amazzar: "Oh that. Well I suppose I shall have to change the locks then. And who might you be?"
(2337) Garret: :groans at Tian: "Enter someone elses home and toss a chamberpot at them, and you get pissy?" :grumbles:
** (2353) Ian looks at Tian," Well atleast this time they are not mad at me.'' **
(2353) Ian: " I am Ian Cromwell,warrior priest of Solnor.''
(2336) Helisandra: "Adventurers from afar. We heard about the trouble Feyth'Alin and came here, looking for you."
** (2331) Tian looks at Garret "I am not the one who appeared in here suddenly and shape shifted from a cat to a man. The pot was just ment to give me a moment to determin if I needed to kill it." **
(2339) Calehan: "You certainly have an interesting decor for your front room."
(2337) Garret: :keeps his voice down as he corrects the Wolf Brother: "What form people choose to where in their own home is their business, and considering he likely took us as intruders you can hardly blame the old boy for being cautious. Now stop sulking."
(2336) Helisandra: "We know that Bzallin was known to you, and as you have reportedly discovered, he may have some knowledge about this vile growing sphere of nothingness."
** (2349) Amazzar smirks at Tian's discomfort and instead remarks to Garret, "Why, thank you. It took me well over a century to accumulate all this material and I'm still not done yet." **
(2349) Amazzar: "Bzallin?"
** (2349) Amazzar loses his jovial demeanor and becomes serious. "What is this about?" **
(2336) Helisandra: "Feyth'Alin - the spell that you have been researching."
(2331) Tian: "As far as I knew the owner of the home was stuck in that chair broken, so viewing a shape shifting cat as a potential thread seemed prudent to me."
(2349) Amazzar: "I see. So you have come here to learn of and if possible, stop Bzallin." (sighs)
(2336) Helisandra: "If he is the one doing it, yes."
(2349) Amazzar: "There is much to discuss then. You may wish to make yourselves at home."
(2337) Garret: "And your 'prudent response was throwing a chamber pot at someone who shapshifts right in front of us, rather than staying up high and pelting us with fireballs?" :sighs: "Nevermind... just.. be careful who you assault with excrement in the future, please."
** (2336) Helisandra glances back at Tian. "Even more than some seem to have done?" she asks, trying to relighten the mood a bit. **
** (2331) Tian shrugs then looks at the old man "You know the Dark One uses those" ** nodding at the crow ** ^the^ "As his eyes?"^e^ **
(2349) Amazzar: "Perhaps. You see, his whereabouts are unknown."
(2349) Amazzar: "Have a seat."
(2349) Amazzar: "T'shalle is my familiar. He's quite harmless."
** (2336) Helisandra takes a seat near Amazzar. "We were hoping that you might know where he was." **
** (2331) Tian remains standing **
** (2339) Calehan takes the nearest seat. **
(2339) Calehan: "If not his whereabouts, I was hoping you might shed some light on the how of what he's done."
** (2351) Jaron leans against the wall. **
** (2337) Garret moves to take a seat and listen in. **
(2349) Voice: "We were friendly rivals, Bzallin and I, always enticing the other with research and gifts of the arcane. We weren't friends but we did respect each other's capabilities and intellect. Ten years ago, however and without explanation, Bzallin resigned as Horizon's Magus and suggested that I might be a suitable replacement in his stead. He removed his possessions from this tower and retired to his citadel outside the city. Days later, his citadel exploded."
(2349) Amazzar: "We were friendly rivals, Bzallin and I, always enticing the other with research and gifts of the arcane. We weren't friends but we did respect each other's capabilities and intellect. Ten years ago, however and without explanation, Bzallin resigned as Horizon's Magus and suggested that I might be a suitable replacement in his stead. He removed his possessions from this tower and retired to his citadel outside the city. Days later, his citadel exploded."
(2349) Amazzar: "Scouts from the city were sent to investigate after huge fires swept through the forest. No clues were found as to his remains. It seemed as if Bzallin had disappeared without a trace."
(2349) Amazzar: "A few years later, I discovered a tome of Bzallin that had been inadvertently left behind in my tower. In it, he described how a sphere of annihilation could grow if it were fed energy from the Void and linked via leylines to the Gray Waste. It seems as if the sphere you described is doing just that. Someone or something has succeeded in making the sphere in Feyth'alin grow, quite possibly with the method described in the tome."
(2349) Amazzar: "And I suspect that my old 'friend' may be behind this, but why, I do not know."
** (2336) Helisandra glances to Calehan to see if he understands the magick behind what is said. **
(2337) Garret: "So, you think your old friend is alive and growing his own death orb?"
(2336) Helisandra: "I believe that Feyth'alin is a test for the spell. The true target being a much larger place."
whispering to Donovan, Void = Negative Material Plane, Gray Waste = plane of Vacuum
(2349) Amazzar: "It's quite possible. If he survived the explosion."
(2337) Garret: "Uh huh.. and was he always a nutter?"
(2336) Helisandra: "Wouldn't it be easy for a mage of his power to burn down his own place and make it seem like there was an accident?"
(2349) Amazzar: "He was increasingly reclusive towards the end of his service and seemed almost at odds with himself. But I wrote it off as the pressures of being Horizon's Magus."
(2339) Calehan: "Makes sense. If that's the case though, why was this book left behind?"
** (2349) Amazzar shrugs. "It's quite possible he could have misplaced it." **
(2336) Helisandra: "Accident? Or, it isn't Bzallin that is doing this."
(2331) Tian: "If they had a friendly rivalry, maybe the book was left as a clue on how to counter it, or to taunt?"
(2336) Helisandra: "Did the text you found reveal any hints on how to sever the connections with these laylines or void?
(2349) Amazzar: "My attempts to locate Bzallin have failed utterly. I ask that you travel to the ruins of his citadel and search for clues to his current whereabouts. Those who have visited the ruins in the past claim they are haunted but don't let that dissuade you."
(2336) Helisandra: "It won't."
(2349) Amazzar: "There were several methods of destroying the blacksphere as described in the book. All are fraught with peril."
(2337) Garret: "How much Peril?"
** (2331) Tian mubles something about all magic being fraught with peril **
(2349) Amazzar: "The sphere in Feyth'Alin continues to grow at a slow but steady pace. It will be only a matter of days before it completely engulfs the city. I believe that the blacksphere was placed there by Bzallin or someone who knows of this method. I believe that whomever is responsible has created a magical device that increases the sphere's diameter. If such an item exists, you must retrieve it. With the aid of this device, I am certain I can reverse the growth of the blacksphere before it obliterates Feyth'Alin. Once we have restored the sphere to its original size, I can then cast a gate spell to destroy it with minimal damage to the surrounding city."
(2353) Ian: " The dead have no sway of me,we have been chasing a Lich for some time now.''
(2339) Calehan: "So, how far is Bzallin's tower?"
(2349) Amazzar: "If you are unable to retrieve the device, casting a gate spell on the blacksphere has a random chance of either destroying it, doing nothing or introducing chaos magicka on the order of a magnitude not seen since the Invoked Devastation. Alternately, touching the sphere with a rod of negation will either collapse the sphere or cause an explosion that will obliterate all things within the sphere's area of effect by a magnitude of one hundredfold. As I said, the process is fraught with peril."
** (2336) Helisandra waits for the other methods before responding. **
(2349) Amazzar: "The problem with the latter method is that rods are quite a rarity on Andurin since the Devastation took place nearly three thousand years ago."
(2337) Garret: "Wow... it's staggering how such learned people could build something so dumb. I mean.. there should at least be ransom demands, or something." :sighs:
** (2331) Tian pulls out an adimantite rod from his pack "This one?" **
(2336) Helisandra: "Would retrieving such a device prevent such a spell from being cast again?"
(2349) Amazzar: "The citadel is a day's journey outside of the city by horse. It lies to the east."
(2331) Tian: (( *Adimantite rod ))
(2349) Amazzar: "A rod of negation. The makings of such items were lost in the Devastation. I am surprised to see a rod, but that is most likely not what I speak of."
(2349) DM: ((nice try DJ, but that isn't it))
** (2331) Tian puts the rod back "Ok, dont know about magic so I though it might be since we got it from that lich tomb" **
(2339) Calehan: "That would mean at least two days of traveling. Is there some way I could reverse the growth myself? Or at least more quickly return here."
(2331) Tian: (( I dont know what it is, just remember that Tian had it in his pack and have not had it IDed =P ))
(2336) Helisandra: "And that's just the travel - not to mention actually finding Bzallin and this device."
(2349) Amazzar: "You could always teleport there from the citadel."
(2349) Amazzar: "If you were capable of casting a gate spell."
(2349) DM: ((I know what it is, and that's not it. :) ))
** (2339) Calehan carefully looks around the room a bit at the question. **
(2359) CondorDM (enter): 22:56
(2337) Garret: ( "I do not understand.. what is the purpose of a Rod of Vibration?" )
(2331) Tian: (( haha ))
(2336) Helisandra: (( lol ))
(2337) Garret: (afk a min)
(2336) Helisandra: "One more thing, do you have any idea how large this device is, or what it might look like?"
(2339) Calehan: ((I certainly hope the lich didn't have something like that around.))
(2359) CondorDM (exit): 22:57
(2349) Amazzar: "I do, if you'll give me a mom--"
(2349) DM: There is a sudden explosion in the center of the room and Amazzar is thrown on his back, stunned.
** (2351) Jaron pushes himself off the wall, crouching low to the ground, eyes darting to find the source of the explosion. **
** (2336) Helisandra spins with the blast, bring her rapier out. **
(2349) DM: The odor of sulphur accompanies the explosion. Suddenly, two menacing figures, women from the waist up but with six arms each, each holding a variety of swords -- their bodies snake tails from the waist down, appear in the center of the room!
** (2339) Calehan jumps out of his seat as he reaches for his daggers. **
** (2331) Tian draws his sword and leaps at the figures **
(2331) Tian: INIT: [1d20+15] => [14,15] = (29)
(2349) Vzarra: "I am Vzarra, emissary of the dark lich Bzallin. I have no quarrel with you (pointing to Heli), so dare not stand in our way!"
(2353) Ian: " We have faced these in the past,I still have the 6 swords from our last battle daemons.''
(2349) DM: (nit)
(2349) DM: (init)
(2336) Helisandra: "Based on those words, we do have a problem."
(2336) Helisandra: Initiative: [1d20+8] => [15,8] = (23)
(2351) Jaron: Initiative: [1d20+8] => [20,8] = (28)
(2339) Calehan: Initiative: [1d20+4] => [10,4] = (14)
(2336) Helisandra: (( why do these female NPCs always point out me? ))
(2331) Tian: (( and ignoring the snarling wild man leaping at them =P ))
(2353) Ian: Init: [1d20+5] => [16,5] = (21)
** (2351) Jaron eyes the two 'women', hand resting on the hilt of his rapier. **
(2337) Garret: init:[1d20+3] => [4,3] = (7)
(2349) DM: (because you are Wonder Woman)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] => [7,4] = (11)
(2336) Helisandra: (( Does that mean I will soon get the magical items that she has? ))
(2339) Calehan: ((No, just the costume.))
(2336) Helisandra: (( hmm, that could still have it's uses... ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] => [6,4] = (10)
(2349) DM: (28, Jaron)
(2331) Tian: (( 29 Tian? ))
(2336) Helisandra: (( Tian was so into it that he rolled before it was asked for. :-P ))
(2331) Tian: (( cause he was attacking even if the rest were not =P ))
(2349) DM: (didn't see it)
(2349) Basht: (29, Tian)
(2349) DM: (you really need to fix the alias thingie)
** (2331) Tian thrusts Frenzy Fang out in a quick stabing motion **
(2360) Ian (enter): 23:08
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (2360) Ian...
(2349) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(2353) Ian' from room...
(2353) Ian (exit): 23:08
(2331) Tian: (( at the V one ))
** (2331) Tian quickly shifts the thrust into a right to left sweep **
** (2331) Tian finishes with a downward left to right cross attack **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [93] = (93),[1d100] => [22] = (22)
(2349) DM: (one hit)
(2349) DM: (I'n going to forgo the usual describe each parry, thrust and cut in an effort to accelerate pacing)
** (2331) Tian snarles at the creatures **
(2349) DM: (also, please don't whisper attack rolls to me, I have multiple windows up and it forces me to alt-tab to you and slows combat down. do it in the main window please.)
(2349) DM: (28, Jaron)
(2331) Tian: (( Ok, fixed my Attacks ))
(2351) Jaron: Mage Armor: Jaron removes a piece of cured leather from his pouch and mutters a few words, pressing a hand to is chest. (Mage Armor +4 AC)
** (2351) Jaron draws his rapier. **
(2349) DM: (23, Heli)
(2362) Ian (enter): 23:14
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (2362) Ian...
(2349) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(2360) Ian' from room...
(2360) Ian (exit): 23:14
** (2336) Helisandra moves toward the closer creature, flipping a little to avoid any strikes from it. ((Tumble to avoid AoO)) As she gets next to it, she strikes out with her rapier. **
(2336) Helisandra: Tumble: [1d20+24] => [8,24] = (32)
(2336) Helisandra: Rapier Attack: [1d20+23] => [3,23] = (26) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [3,7] = (10)
(2349) DM: (26 misses)
(2349) DM: (21, Ian)
(2349) DM: (Ian? could've conked out again)
(2349) DM: (someone else should run him)
(2336) Helisandra: (( appears so, move on. ))
(2351) Jaron: (( Possible, he might be having the same issue that Zane had last week and I had the week prior. ))
(2349) DM: (15, Mar1)
(2349) DM: (Mar1 will attack Tian and ignores but is aware of Heli for now)
(2336) Ian: (( will delay until a little later while I figure out Ian's node. ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+25] => [4,25] = (29),[1d20+20] => [8,20] = (28),[1d20+15] => [2,15] = (17),[1d20+10] => [10,10] = (20),[1d20+25] => [14,25] = (39),[1d20+25] => [3,25] = (28),[1d20+25] => [12,25] = (37),[1d20+25] => [11,25] = (36),[1d20+25] => [7,25] = (32)
(2364) Ian (enter): 23:21
(2349) DM: (okay....)
(2336) Helisandra: (( or, there he is. Welcome back Ian ))
(2349) DM: (tell me if any of these hit: AC 29, 28, 39, 28, 37, 36, 32. 17 and 20 are misses I assume)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (2364) Ian...
(2349) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(2362) Ian' from room...
(2362) Ian (exit): 23:22
Attempting to DISABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now unmoderated
(2349) DM: (going to unmod the room for now as we are visitor-less)
(2331) Tian: (( all miss ))
(2349) DM: (k)
(2349) DM: (14, Vzarra) -- she will concentrate her attacks on Tian obviously
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+29] => [20,29] = (49),[1d20+24] => [17,24] = (41),[1d20+19] => [11,19] = (30),[1d20+14] => [2,14] = (16),[1d20+29] => [11,29] = (40),[1d20+29] => [9,29] = (38),[1d20+29] => [14,29] = (43),[1d20+28] => [2,28] = (30),[1d20+25] => [7,25] = (32)
(2349) DM: (tell me if any of the following hit: AC 41, 40, 38, 43. 30x2, 32 and 16 are misses I assume. in addition she hits automatically AC 49 and possible crit.)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+29] => [20,29] = (49)
(2349) DM: (it is a crit)
(2331) Tian: (( the 43 might hit if you didnt add their flanking bonus in already ))
(2349) DM: (ah, good point
(2331) Tian: (( the 49 has a 50% miss chance to bypass too ))
(2349) DM: (you also notice her swords are different from the ones that the other marilith is wielding)
(2349) DM: (roll d100 then)
(2331) Tian: (( [1d100] => [77] = (77) ))
(2349) DM: (going forward, I didn't say it but 1-50 it misses, 51 and over it hits. this is what I use for similar situations involving miss chances for monsters)
(2331) Tian: (( one for the 43 too since I am guessing it is 45 with Flank bonus? [1d100] => [30] = (30) ))
(2349) DM: (ya)
(2331) Tian: (( Thats how I alwars do it, low miss high hit :) ))
(2349) DM: (so only one hit then and she made it a good one)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6+9+3] => [1,4,9,3] = (17)
(2349) DM: (need to look something up, sec)
(2349) DM: (hm, it didn't seem to make it into 3.5 D&D...)
(2331) Tian: (( that does not sound good =P ))
(2349) DM: (I'll probably regret this so I'll assign her another weapon in the interest of fairness. we can discuss afterwards.)
(2349) DM: (34 damage and 1 Con damage)
** (2331) Tian howls in pain **
(2349) DM: (14, Cale)
(2336) Ian: (( Ian will take a turn right after Cale. ))
(2349) DM: (k)
(2365) Ian (enter): 23:37
** (2339) Calehan incants the familiar spell to speed up everyone as he positions himself to be ready to step in and finish off one of the creatures. (haste) **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (2365) Ian...
(2349) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(2364) Ian' from room...
(2364) Ian (exit): 23:37
(2339) Calehan: (And done.)
(2349) DM: (7, Garret)
** (2337) Garret moves in after the creature between Heli and Tian, introducing himself katana first **
(2337) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand Attack Roll: [1d20+27] => [9,27] = (36) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [3,4,6,3,3,6] = (25)
(2337) Garret: (+1 for haste, 37)
(2349) DM: (k. 29, Tian)
** (2331) Tian Spins to face the o ne his friends are all attacking and thrusts Frenzy Fang out in two quick stabs **
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 1): [1d20+30+2+1] => [19,30,2,1] = (52)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [3,14] = (17) ))
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Haste Attack): [1d20+30+2+1] => [4,30,2,1] = (37)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [5,14] = (19) ))
(2349) DM: (it might get an AOO actually vs. Garret. sec.)
** (2331) Tian quickly shifts the thrust into a right to left sweep **
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 2): [1d20+25+2] => [8,25,2] = (35)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [6,14] = (20) ))
** (2331) Tian finishes with a downward left to right cross attack **
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 3): [1d20+20+2] => [6,20,2] = (28)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [4,14] = (18) ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+25] => [3,25] = (28),[1d20+20] => [10,20] = (30),[1d20+15] => [16,15] = (31),[1d20+10] => [11,10] = (21),[1d20+25] => [14,25] = (39),[1d20+25] => [14,25] = (39),[1d20+25] => [2,25] = (27),[1d20+25] => [10,25] = (35),[1d20+25] => [10,25] = (35)
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Crit Check): [1d20+33] => [5,33] = (38) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [2,14] = (16) Vorpal Effect. ))
(2349) DM: (for Garrett -- tell me if any of these hit: 28, 30, 31, 21 and 39)
(2337) Garret: (2 do)
(2349) DM: (4 hits, all 4 have miss chances)
(2337) Garret: (shouldn't it only get 1 aoo attack?)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [9] = (9),[1d100] => [9] = (9),[1d100] => [3] = (3),[1d100] => [14] = (14)
(2349) DM: (it got only 1 aoo attack.)
(2331) Tian: (( [1d100] => [26] = (26) For Crit, [1d100] => [90] = (90), [1d100] => [93] = (93), [1d100] => [20] = (20) ))
(2349) DM: (I'm cutting and pasting, just use the first value.)
(2349) DM: (so the 28 missed)
(2349) DM: (the gods are with Tian today, all 4 hit)
(2349) DM: (the rule for miss chances -- if an item the creature is wearing would cause you to miss, I roll it and if you're wearing something that would cause me to miss, you roll it)
(2349) DM: (so I rolled the miss chances because Tian was attacking V)
(2331) Tian: (( Oh ok ))
(2349) DM: (total up the damage please so I can apply DR)
(2331) Tian: (( [17+19+20+18+16] => 90 And Vorpal effect for the crit ))
(2349) DM: The vorpal effect has no effect. You deal somewhat less damage than expected.
(2349) DM: (28, Jar)
** (2351) Jaron moves behind Vzarra. **
(2351) Jaron: Shocking Burst Rapier: [1d20+17+1] => [5,17,1] = (23) ==> DAMAGE [2d6+3] => [1,5,3] = (9)
(2349) DM: (miss)
(2351) Jaron: Shocking Burst Rapier: HASTE [1d20+17+1] => [15,17,1] = (33) ==> DAMAGE [2d6+3] => [1,6,3] = (10)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [62] = (62)
(2349) DM: (also miss (due to miss chance))
(2349) DM: (23, Heli)
** (2336) Helisandra wastes no time in slashing out in quick succession at the creature before her. **
(2336) Helisandra: Hasted flanking Rapier Full attack.:
Attack 1: [1d20+24+2] => [16,24,2] = (42) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [6,7] = (13)
Haste attack: [1d20+24+2] => [13,24,2] = (39) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [3,7] = (10)
Attack 2: [1d20+19+2] => [8,19,2] = (29) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [3,7] = (10)

(2336) Helisandra: Crit Check: [1d20+26] => [18,26] = (44)
(2349) DM: (you're attacking Mar1 correct?)
(2336) Helisandra: (( yes ))
(2349) DM: (3 hits, total please)
** (2336) Helisandra does an additional [5d6] => [5,2,2,5,2] = (16) sneak attack damage on her opponent. **
** (2336) Helisandra does an additional [5d6] => [1,6,1,5,2] = (15) sneak attack damage on her opponent. **
** (2336) Helisandra does an additional [5d6] => [1,1,6,3,3] = (14) sneak attack damage on her opponent. **
(2336) Helisandra: [13*2+10+10+16+15+14] => 91
(2349) DM: (21, Ian)
** (2336) Ian moves up to the nearest creature (V) as he draws out his heavy flail, attacking the creature. (Add +1 for haste). **
(2336) Ian:

Base Attack Bonus

+24/+19/+14/+9

Misc. Attack Bonus

+0

 

Weapon

Attack

Damage

Holy Longsword

+3

1d8+2d6

Critical

Range

Weight

Type

Size

17-20/x3

0

4

S

Medium

 

Weapon

Attack

Damage

Icy Burst Heavy Flail of Disruption

+3

1d10+1d10

Critical

Range

Weight

Type

Size

17-20/x2

0

20

B

Large


(2336) Ian: Icy Burst Heavy Flail of Disruption (base): [1d20+27] => [9,27] = (36) ===> Damage: [1d10+0+1d10] => [2,0,8] = (10)
(2336) Ian: Icy Burst Heavy Flail of Disruption (second): [1d20+22] => [17,22] = (39) ===> Damage: [1d10+0+1d10] => [4,0,4] = (8)
(2336) Ian: Critical hit? [1d20+22] => [9,22] = (31) ===> Damage: [2d10+0+1d10] => [10,10,0,4] = (24)
(2336) Ian: Icy Burst Heavy Flail of Disruption (third): [1d20+17] => [3,17] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d10+0+1d10] => [6,0,6] = (12)
(2336) Ian: Icy Burst Heavy Flail of Disruption (forth): [1d20+12] => [14,12] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d10+0+1d10] => [6,0,4] = (10)
(2336) Ian: (( sorry, thought I knew how to use his...37, crit check 32, 21, and 27 are the attacks ))
(2349) DM: (1 hit and have to roll miss chance, sec)
(2349) DM: (make that 2 hits)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [61] = (61),[1d100] => [56] = (56)
(2349) DM: (both hit)
(2349) DM: (total it up please)
(2336) Ian: [10+8*2] => 26
(2349) DM: (so 6 damage total. =P)
(2336) Ian: (( yeah, I think something is wrong with his node - doesn't seem right, but I'm not going to try to figure it out. ))
(2349) DM: (15, Mar1) -- she causes a blade barrier to pop into being where Heli is. (no AOO because it's an ability at will.)
(2336) Ian: (( reflex to move? ))
(2349) DM: (Heli should make a Reflex save)
(2336) Helisandra: Reflex: [1d20+20] => [17,20] = (37)
(2336) Helisandra: (( +1 with haste, if it matters. ))
(2349) DM: (no, it's ok.)
(2336) Helisandra: (( since I get to choose which side of the barrier to end on, I chose same side as her. :-) ))
(2349) DM: (the sectioned area is to show where the BB appears, all who are in the AOE should make a reflex save or take damage)
(2349) DM: (that includes you Garret)
(2337) Garret: Reflex save: [1d20+12] => [4,12] = (16)
(2337) Garret: (+1 for haste, 17)
(2336) Helisandra: (( +1 haste... ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [15d6] => [5,1,2,1,1,6,6,5,2,1,2,2,4,3,2] = (43)
(2349) DM: (I think I did that right)
(2349) DM: (the text is a little bit confusing)
(2349) DM: (14, V)
(2349) DM: She continues to attack Tian.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+29] => [17,29] = (46),[1d20+24] => [18,24] = (42),[1d20+19] => [9,19] = (28),[1d20+14] => [11,14] = (25),[1d20+29] => [1,29] = (30),[1d20+29] => [3,29] = (32),[1d20+29] => [15,29] = (44),[1d20+28] => [9,28] = (37),[1d20+25] => [18,25] = (43)
(2349) DM: (AC 48, 44, 30, 27, auto miss, auto miss, 46, 39, 45)
(2331) Tian: (( 3 potentials (48, 46, 45). [1d100] => [17] = (17), [1d100] => [71] = (71), [1d100] => [4] = (4) ))
(2349) DM: (so one hit)
(2365) Ian (exit): 00:07
(2331) Tian: (( ya ))
(2349) DM: (need to look it up, sec)
(2349) DM: (sorry for the delay folks but at this stage there are so many variables that I have to keep it all in the air)
(2331) Tian: (( NP, 6 different swords, all with abilities makes it a bit confusing =P ))
(2336) Helisandra: (( maybe we should just go back to fighting collosi of undead. :-) ))
(2349) DM: (lol. as she struck Tian with that sword, she released magic missiles from it.)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4+1] => [1,1] = (2),[1d4+1] => [4,1] = (5),[1d4+1] => [2,1] = (3),[1d4+1] => [1,1] = (2),[1d4+1] => [3,1] = (4)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6+9] => [2,5,9] = (16)
(2349) DM: (32 damage)
(2349) DM: (14, Cale)
** (2339) Calehan's blades flash with the power being channeled through them as he clashes with his opponent, unleashing a formidable combination of techniques. (Full Attack. Main Dagger: Arcane Strike{7th level}, Daggerspell Flurry {Greater Chill Touch}) **
(2339) : Full Attack: +4 Dagger [1d20+9+4+4+1-2+1+2+7] => [12,9,4,4,1,-2,1,2,7] = (38) and [1d20+5+4+4+1-2+1+2+7] => [6,5,4,4,1,-2,1,2,7] = (28) +1 Dagger [1d20+9+4+1+1-2+1+2] => [16,9,4,1,1,-2,1,2] = (32) plus Haste [1d20+9+4+4+1-2+1+2+7] => [13,9,4,4,1,-2,1,2,7] = (39) plus Spell attack [1d20+9+4+4+1-2+1+2+7] => [4,9,4,4,1,-2,1,2,7] = (30)
(2339) : (38, 28, 32, and39 and 30.)
(2349) DM: (on which one?)
(2339) Calehan: (Oh yeah, On V)
(2349) DM: (sec, need to look it up)
(2349) DM: (2 hits)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [84] = (84),[1d100] => [33] = (33)
(2368) Ian (enter): 00:19
(2349) DM: (actually 1 of them struck, the other missed per miss chance)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (2368) Ian...
(2349) DM: (38 struck)
(2339) Calehan: Piercing/Slashing: Sneak Attack +4 Dagger [1d4+4+4d6] => [1,4,3,2,1,3] = (14) Arcane Strike [7d4] => [4,4,4,3,3,3,4] = (25)
(2339) Calehan: Negative Energy: Chill Touch [1d6+15] => [1,15] = (16). Strength Damage [1d4] => [2] = (2) Fort DC (24) for half.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [95] = (95)
(2349) DM: (you overcame her SR)
(2349) DM: (total damage please)
(2339) Calehan: (So total damage of [14+25+16] => 55
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+19] => [14,19] = (33)
(2349) DM: (she made her Fort save)
(2339) Calehan: (And 1 strength damage then.)
(2349) DM: (7, Garret)
(2349) DM: (if you're attacking Mar1 through the BB, she gets +4 to AC via cover.)
** (2337) Garret takes a 5' step aside, out of the ring of blades, to flank Mari with Heli, and cuts for something tender. **
(2337) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand Attack Roll: [1d20+27] => [7,27] = (34) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [8,4,3,3,3,6] = (27)
(2337) Garret: (+3 att, haste/flank, 37)
(2349) DM: (Mar1 and V get an AOO I believe)
(2336) Helisandra: (( only one attack? ))
(2337) Garret: (no 5' step)
(2349) DM: (k)
(2337) Garret: +sneak dmg: [1d6] => [3] = (3)
(2349) DM: (next round, Tian you're up)
** (2331) Tian continues his assult **
** (2331) Tian thrusts Frenzy Fang out in two quick stabs **
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 1): [1d20+30+2+1] => [17,30,2,1] = (50)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [5,14] = (19) ))
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Haste Attack): [1d20+30+2+1] => [6,30,2,1] = (39)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [4,14] = (18) ))
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Crit Check): [1d20+33] => [16,33] = (49) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [4,14] = (18) Vorpal Effect. ))
** (2331) Tian quickly shifts the thrust into a right to left sweep **
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 2): [1d20+25+2+1] => [16,25,2,1] = (44)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [5,14] = (19) ))
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Crit Check): [1d20+28] => [20,28] = (48) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [2,14] = (16) Vorpal Effect. ))
** (2331) Tian finishes with a downward left to right cross attack **
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 3): [1d20+20+2+1] => [13,20,2,1] = (36)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [5,14] = (19) ))
(2349) DM: (total the damage please)
(2349) DM: sec
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [9] = (9),[1d100] => [50] = (50),[1d100] => [90] = (90),[1d100] => [11] = (11),[1d100] => [49] = (49),[1d100] => [68] = (68)
(2349) DM: (2 hits, #3 and #6)
(2349) DM: (others missed per miss chance)
(2331) Tian: (( 54 ))
(2349) DM: (28, Jar)
(2351) Jaron: Shocking Burst Rapier - Full Attack Action:
First Attack [1d20+17+1] => [5,17,1] = (23) ==> DAMAGE [2d6+3] => [1,1,3] = (5)
Haste Attack [120+17+1] => 138 ==> DAMAGE [2d6+3] => [5,6,3] = (14)
Second Attack [1d20+11+1] => [11,11,1] = (23) ==> DAMAGE [2d6+3] => [5,5,3] = (13)

(2351) Jaron: (( On V ))
(2351) Jaron: (( Let me reroll my haste.
(2351) Jaron: Shocking Burst Rapier: Haste Attack [1d20+17+1] => [8,17,1] = (26) ==> DAMAGE [2d6+3] => [5,2,3] = (10)
(2349) DM: (all miss)
(2349) DM: (except for the 138 =P)
(2349) DM: (23, Heli)
** (2336) Helisandra lashes out again, "You're going to have to do better than that." **
(2336) Helisandra: Hasted flanking Rapier Full attack.:
Attack 1: [1d20+24+2] => [12,24,2] = (38) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [1,7] = (8)
Haste attack: [1d20+24+2] => [19,24,2] = (45) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [5,7] = (12)
Attack 2: [1d20+19+2] => [11,19,2] = (32) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [4,7] = (11)

(2336) Helisandra: Crit Check: [1d20+26] => [20,26] = (46)
(2336) Helisandra: (( on Mar1 ))
(2349) DM: (1 miss)
** (2336) Helisandra does an additional [5d6] => [4,3,2,3,3] = (15) sneak attack damage on her opponent. **
** (2336) Helisandra does an additional [5d6] => [6,6,4,6,5] = (27) sneak attack damage on her opponent. **
(2349) DM: (total please)
(2336) Helisandra: [8+12*2+15+27] => 74
(2349) DM: (21, Ian)
** (2336) Ian also continues fighting, unleashing a barrage on V. **
(2336) Ian: Hasted flanking flail Full attack.:
Attack 1: [1d20+27+1+2] => [16,27,1,2] = (46) (crit 17-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d10+5+1d10] => [9,5,9] = (23)
Haste attack: [1d20+27+1+2] => [19,27,1,2] = (49) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d10+5+1d10] => [4,5,5] = (14)
Attack 2: [1d20+22+1+2] => [16,22,1,2] = (41) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d10+5+1d10] => [6,5,8] = (19)
Attack 3: [1d20+17+1+2] => [7,17,1,2] = (27) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d10+5+1d10] => [6,5,10] = (21)
Attack 4: [1d20+12+1+2] => [7,12,1,2] = (22) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d10+5+1d10] => [5,5,3] = (13)
(2336) Ian: Crit Check: [1d20+30] => [15,30] = (45)
(2336) Ian: (( all the attacks should be 17-20 crit, thus why only one crit check ))
(2349) DM: (3 of those struck but I need to roll a miss chance, sec)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [37] = (37),[1d100] => [75] = (75),[1d100] => [72] = (72)
(2349) DM: (2 hits, the 49 and 41)
(2349) DM: (so a crit and a 41)
(2336) Ian: [14*2+19] => 47
(2349) DM: (15, Mar1)
(2349) DM: There is a loud explosion next to Amazzar's unconscious body. A huge demon, about 9' tall with miniature horns sprouting atop its piggishly small head and covered with dozens of bat-like wings appears in the room. Its arms end in razor sharp claws that drip black venom.
(2349) DM: (14, V)
(2336) Ian: (( another at-will ability, and not a spell? ))
(2349) DM: ((demons can summon other demons, yes but it's a percentage based chance))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [74] = (74)
(2336) Helisandra: (( had to check. ))
(2349) DM: She teleports to the other side of the blade barrier, next to Amazzar's body.
(2349) DM: (that's an at-will ability)
(2337) Garret: (Doesn't the "at will" just mean that they can cast those spells an unlimited number of times?)
(2336) Helisandra: (( :-P ))
(2349) DM: (I've always taken it to mean that there's no visible motion seen)
(2337) Garret: (to not draw an aoo, it would have to be a free action.. like a quickened spell or ability)
(2349) DM: (it's a spell-like ability, not a spell so disrupting it by damage doesn't necessarily work)
(2339) Calehan: (Or just using Concentration to use it defensively.)
(2339) Calehan: (Which is a cinch for, well, most everyone who has the skill.)
(2369) GM Vash (enter): 00:47
(2349) DM: (14, Cale)
(2370) No Name (enter): 00:47
(2339) Calehan: ((Well, what the hey then.))
(2349) DM: (I don't have a mini for the Nalf, so I'm using something else)
(2349) DM: (the X is Amazzar's body)
(2368) Ian (exit): 00:49
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (2370) Ian...
** (2339) Calehan turns to follow V's destinatoin and casts another spell. A dark menacing shadow passes over the demons. (Fear) **
(2337) Garret: (they all in the blades?)
(2349) Basht: (the BB is a wall)
(2349) DM: (the BB is a wall)
(2349) DM: (not an entire field)
(2369) vash: Disconnecting from server...
(2369) vash (exit): 00:50
(2339) Calehan: (Will save DC 23 for each demon.)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+19] => [8,19] = (27),[1d20+19] => [13,19] = (32)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] => [20,15] = (35)
(2349) DM: (7, Gar)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] => [3,1] = (4)
** (2337) Garret tries to finish up the Mari with a flurry of cuts **
(2337) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand Attack Roll: [1d20+27] => [3,27] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [7,4,3,3,3,6] = (26)
(2337) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand Attack Roll: [1d20+27] => [5,27] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [1,4,2,3,3,6] = (19)
(2337) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand 2nd Attack Roll: [1d20+22] => [14,22] = (36) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [4,4,6,3,3,6] = (26)
(2337) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand 3rd Attack Roll: [1d20+17] => [8,17] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [6,4,2,3,3,6] = (24)
(2337) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand 4th Attack Roll: [1d20+12] => [11,12] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [5,4,6,3,3,6] = (27)
(2349) DM: (1 hit)
(2349) DM: (29, Tian)
(2337) Garret: (+3 to all attacks, the 39 should hit at least, Sneak dmg: [1d6] => [5] = (5)
** (2331) Tian runs and stands over the wizards body to protect it **
(2331) Tian: (( done ))
(2349) DM: (well if you move through the BB, you'll take damage unless you roll a Reflex save for half)
(2349) DM: (so roll)
(2349) DM: (and the Nalf and V get an Aoo I believe)
(2331) Tian: Reflex save: [1d20+20] => [9,20] = (29)
(2331) Tian: (( yup ))
(2337) Garret: (mari too)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [12d6] => [1,3,2,1,5,3,6,5,4,3,3,4] = (40)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+29] => [7,29] = (36),[1d20+25] => [20,25] = (45)
(2349) DM: (miss and auto hit)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] => [8,20] = (28)
(2349) DM: (the Nalf misses)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+25] => [1,25] = (26)
(2349) DM: (roll d100 for miss chance)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6+9+4] => [4,2,9,4] = (19)
(2331) Tian: (( [1d100] => [45] = (45) ))
(2349) DM: (ok)
(2349) DM: (28, Jar)
** (2351) Jaron moves in on the Marilith and attacks. **
(2351) Jaron: Shocking Burst Rapier: [1d20+17+1] => [8,17,1] = (26) ==> DAMAGE [2d6+3] => [3,1,3] = (7)
(2351) Jaron: Shocking Burst Rapier: Haste Attack [1d20+17+1] => [6,17,1] = (24) ==> DAMAGE [2d6+3] => [2,5,3] = (10)
(2349) DM: (nope)
(2349) DM: (23, Heli)
(2336) Helisandra: "Die already, won't you?" Heli mutters as she continues to slash out at the creature before her, aiming for vital areas as best she can still.
(2336) Helisandra: Hasted flanking Rapier Full attack.:
Attack 1: [1d20+24+2] => [12,24,2] = (38) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [1,7] = (8)
Haste attack: [1d20+24+2] => [19,24,2] = (45) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [4,7] = (11)
Attack 2: [1d20+19+2] => [1,19,2] = (22) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [6,7] = (13)

(2336) Helisandra: Crit Check: [1d20+26] => [15,26] = (41)
(2349) DM: (hit x2)
** (2336) Helisandra does an additional [5d6] => [2,1,3,5,4] = (15) sneak attack damage on her opponent. **
** (2336) Helisandra does an additional [5d6] => [6,6,2,3,6] = (23) sneak attack damage on her opponent. **
(2349) DM: (and crit)
(2336) Helisandra: [8+11*2+15+23] => 68
(2349) DM: (total please)
(2336) Helisandra: (( beat you to it. :-P ))
(2349) DM: (21, Ian)
(2339) Calehan: ((The Blade Barrier reaches the ceiling, right?))
(2336) Helisandra: (( should be 20 ft high ))
(2339) Calehan: ((I think the ceiling was only 20 ft.)
(2336) Helisandra: (( yep - it was. ))
(2336) Helisandra: (( Ian - you going to go? He was whispering me a moment ago... ))
(2370) Ian: ( yea when it is my turn)
(2349) DM: (gogogadget paladin)
(2336) Helisandra: (( that's what the 21, Ian means... ))
** (2370) Ian draws his holy avenger long sword **
(2370) Ian: Attack: [1d20+16+1+5+3] => [16,16,1,5,3] = (41)
(2370) Ian: Haste Attack: [1d20+1+12+5+3] => [7,1,12,5,3] = (28)
(2349) DM: (1 hit)
(2370) Ian: Damage: [1d8+5+3+2d6] => [3,5,3,3,4] = (18)
(2370) Ian: ( it is evil right?)
(2336) Helisandra: (( poudly claims to work for a lich - safe bet to me. ))
(2349) DM: (you need to ask? 0.o)
(2349) DM: (it has six arms and works like a Cuisinart, does that look like the picture of godliness to you? =P)
(2337) Garret: (For the HIndu among us.. yes.)
(2349) DM: (yes but she also has a tail)
(2339) Calehan: ((Hecatonchieres work for the Greek gods, and they have 100 arms, so...))
(2349) DM: (ok)
(2339) Calehan: ((On the other hand, working for the gods of Greek myth probably tells us the alignment already.))
(2337) Garret: (Tigger had a tail.. so now even Tigger is evil, huh? Why? Because he's orange?)
(2336) Helisandra: (( nah - it's all the bouncing that makes him evil ))
(2337) Garret: (oo.. good point)
(2339) Calehan: ((If he'd just walk or stalk or pounce like a normal tiger he'd be alright.))
(2349) DM: (15, Mar1)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+25] => [3,25] = (28),[1d20+20] => [6,20] = (26),[1d20+15] => [17,15] = (32),[1d20+10] => [10,10] = (20),[1d20+25] => [17,25] = (42),[1d20+25] => [4,25] = (29),[1d20+25] => [13,25] = (38),[1d20+25] => [7,25] = (32),[1d20+25] => [7,25] = (32)
(2337) Garret: (But bouncing's what Tiggers do best ;p)
(2349) DM: She attacks Ian. (AC 38, 26, 32, 20 42, 29, 38, 32 and 32. the last is her tail)
(2349) DM: (just tell me which ones hit)
(2336) Helisandra: (( don't forget +1 to AC from haste Ian ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6+0] => [3,6,0] = (9).[2d6+9] => [6,5,9] = (20),[2d+9] => 2d+9
(2370) Ian: ( first one,fifth one,seventh one,and thats it so 3 hits)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6+9] => [3,6,9] = (18)
(2349) DM: (56 damage)
(2349) DM: (14, V)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+29] => [11,29] = (40),[1d20+24] => [2,24] = (26),[1d20+19] => [6,19] = (25),[1d20+14] => [10,14] = (24),[1d20+29] => [16,29] = (45),[1d20+29] => [20,29] = (49),[1d20+29] => [14,29] = (43),[1d20+28] => [17,28] = (45),[1d20+25] => [3,25] = (28)
(2349) DM: (AC 42, 28, 27, 26, 47, auto hit, 45, 47 and 30 -- the last is her tail)
(2370) Ian has sent you a tree node...
(2349) DM: (roll miss chance dice please for the ones that hit)
(2349) DM: (5 rolls by my count)
(2331) Tian: (( [1d100] => [99] = (99), [1d100] => [44] = (44) (The auto hit), [1d100] => [16] = (16), [1d100] => [8] = (8) ))
(2349) DM: (one hit then)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6+9] => [4,1,9] = (14)
(2349) DM: (14 damage and 1 Con damage)
(2349) DM: (14, Cale)
** (2339) Calehan simply attempts to dispel the blade barrier. **
(2339) Calehan: Dispel Check[1d20+17] => [9,17] = (26)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+17] => [6,17] = (23)
(2349) DM: (success)
(2349) DM: (7, Gar)
** (2337) Garret keeps trying to make a bloody Mari. ;p **
(2337) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand Attack Roll: [1d20+27] => [8,27] = (35) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [8,4,1,3,3,6] = (25)
(2337) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand Attack Roll: [1d20+27] => [19,27] = (46) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [1,4,2,3,3,6] = (19)
(2337) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand 2nd Attack Roll: [1d20+22] => [8,22] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [10,4,3,3,3,6] = (29)
(2337) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand 3rd Attack Roll: [1d20+17] => [5,17] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [3,4,6,3,3,6] = (25)
(2337) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand 4th Attack Roll: [1d20+12] => [20,12] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [8,4,6,3,3,6] = (30)
(2349) DM: (2 hits)
(2331) Tian: (( lol ))
(2337) Garret: (+3 to all, to crit checks)
(2349) DM: (er no)
(2349) DM: (make that 3, the 20 counts)
(2336) Helisandra: (( bad... that sounds like a Cale joke... ))
(2337) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand Attack Roll: [1d20+27] => [10,27] = (37) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [4,4,6,3,3,6] = (26)
(2337) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand 4th Attack Roll: [1d20+12] => [3,12] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [2,4,5,3,3,6] = (23)
(2349) DM: (total it up)
(2337) Garret: [25+19*2+30] => 93
(2349) DM: She dies.
(2349) DM: (4, Nalf)
(2349) DM: The marilith falls to the ground, motionless.
** (2337) Garret does a victory dance.. can't quite pull off the worm in full armor though.. **
(2349) DM: As that occurs, a nmbus of sickly gray light appears all around the third demon. On seeing it, you begin to fear for your life even though you had triumphed seconds before. (Will save, all)
(2351) Jaron: Will: [1d20+17] => [15,17] = (32)
(2336) Helisandra: Will: [1d20+9] => [4,9] = (13)
(2337) Garret: Will save: [1d20+10] => [14,10] = (24)
(2349) DM: (has a 60' radius in all directions)
(2339) Calehan: Will: [1d20+16] => [9,16] = (25)
(2337) Garret: (brb)
(2349) DM: (I need a save from Ian and Tian. Heli failed, all else made so far)
(2370) Ian: Will save: [1d20+12] => [15,12] = (27)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10] => [4] = (4)
(2331) Tian: Will save: [1d20+14] => [15,14] = (29)
(2336) Helisandra: (( I kinda figured that... ))
(2349) DM: It attacks Tian.
(2349) DM: (it had triggered the aura the round before.)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] => [15,20] = (35),[1d20+17] => [19,17] = (36),[1d20+17] => [14,17] = (31)
(2349) DM: (miss x2, auto hit)
(2349) DM: (roll fo rmiss chance)
(2331) Tian: (( [1d100] => [54] = (54) ))
(2349) DM: (it hits)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+3] => [1,3] = (4)
(2349) DM: (29, Tian)
** (2331) Tian continues his assult on Vzarra **
** (2331) Tian thrusts Frenzy Fang out in two quick stabs **
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 1): [1d20+30+2+1] => [19,30,2,1] = (52)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [3,14] = (17) ))
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Haste Attack): [1d20+30+2+1] => [2,30,2,1] = (35)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [6,14] = (20) ))
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Crit Check): [1d20+33] => [18,33] = (51) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [6,14] = (20) Vorpal Effect. ))
** (2331) Tian quickly shifts the thrust into a right to left sweep **
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 2): [1d20+25+2+1] => [3,25,2,1] = (31)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [6,14] = (20) ))
** (2331) Tian finishes with a downward left to right cross attack **
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 3): [1d20+20+2+1] => [9,20,2,1] = (32)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [1,14] = (15) ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [34] = (34),[1d100] => [55] = (55),[1d100] => [62] = (62)
(2349) DM: (35 and 51 hit)
(2349) DM: (52 not, due to miss chance)
(2331) Tian: (( the 51 is a crit check for the 52 ))
(2349) DM: (k)
(2349) DM: (then just one hit)
(2331) Tian: (( so 20 dmg ))
(2331) Tian: (( I need to go smoke and piss, so Tian is gona go full defensive (49AC) on his next turn ))
(2349) DM: (k)
(2349) DM: (28, Jar)
** (2351) Jaron moves behind Vzarra. **
(2351) Jaron: Shocking Burst Rapier: [1d20+17+1] => [13,17,1] = (31) ==> DAMAGE [2d6+3] => [3,2,3] = (8)
(2351) Jaron: Shocking Burst Rapier: Haste Attack [1d20+17+1] => [18,17,1] = (36) ==> DAMAGE [2d6+3] => [4,5,3] = (12)
(2349) DM: (miss)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [62] = (62)
(2349) DM: (hit)
(2349) DM: (23, Heli)
** (2336) Helisandra looks towards the other two beasts as Garret takes down the one. However, she seems startled by something, her mouth just hanging slightly open, her body still half-turned toward the duo on the other side of the room. ((done - and smoke as well)) **
(2349) DM: (21, Ian)
(2370) Ian: Attack: [1d20+16+1+5+3] => [3,16,1,5,3] = (28)
(2349) DM: (don't forget haste...)
(2370) Ian: Haste Attack: [1d20+1+12+5+3] => [13,1,12,5,3] = (34)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [100] = (100)
(2349) DM: (roll damge)
(2370) Ian: Damage: [1d8+5+3+2d6] => [4,5,3,6,6] = (24)
(2349) DM: (14, Cale)
** (2339) Calehan simply dispels again, wiping away the summoned demon. [1d20+17] => [3,17] = (20) for that one too. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5+17] => [12,5,17] = (34)
(2349) DM: (failure)
(2349) DM: (14, V)
** (2339) The demon stubbornly clings on. **
(2349) Vzarra: "Parting is such sweet sorrow."
** (2349) Vzarra grabs hold of Amazzar and leers sarcastically. **
(2349) DM: (AOO if you like)
(2351) Jaron: Shocking Burst Rapier: [1d20+17+1] => [17,17,1] = (35) (Crit 18-20) ==> DAMAGE [2d6+3] => [5,5,3] = (13)
(2336) Helisandra: (( Isn't Tian standing over Amazzar to prevent such a move? ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [88] = (88)
(2349) DM: (hits)
(2349) DM: (he said he protects him, but how he does so is a mystery)
(2337) Garret: (Tian, Jaron and Ian should get chances to stop her, Tian was standing over his body, specifically to block her from the mage)
(2370) Ian: Attack: [1d20+16+1+5+3] => [11,16,1,5,3] = (36)
(2349) DM: (and she's not aiming for Tian)
(2349) DM: (that's why I said AOO if you like)
(2336) Helisandra: For Tian: Frenzy Fang (Attack 1): [1d20+30+2+1] => [19,30,2,1] => (19, 30, 2, 1) = (52) => [19,30,2,1] = (52)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [1,14] = (15) => [3,14] => (3, 14) = (17)
(2336) Helisandra: Crit Check: [1d20+33] => [13,33] = (46)
(2337) Garret: (ct off the mages arm!)
(2370) Ian: Damage: [1d8+5+3+2d6] => [3,5,3,4,5] = (20)
(2336) Helisandra: (( since he's AFK... ))
(2337) Garret: (cut even)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [37] = (37),[1d100] => [34] = (34)
(2336) Helisandra: (( oops, forgot to remove the rolls, but it was still a 19... ))
(2349) DM: (miss twice due to miss chance)
(2331) Tian: (( back ))
(2349) DM: (if anyone else wants to stop V, now's your chance)
(2336) Helisandra: (( Hint hint Jaron - you're the only other one close enough ))
(2336) Helisandra: (( nevermind, I see it - that's everyone close enough ))
(2337) Garret: (Quick Jaron! Do something absolutely AMAZING!!)
(2351) Jaron: (( Um... um... Jaron runs away... ))
(2331) Tian: Str check: [1d20+7] => [5,7] = (12)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] => [14,10] = (24)
(2349) DM: She shoves Tian aside almost contemptuously and seizes Amazzar's robe....
(2349) DM: (anyone who wants to do something, here's your chance)
(2339) Calehan: ((Anyone?))
(2337) Garret: (I get my turn? or am I out of range?)
(2336) Helisandra: (( sounds like this lead is over, and the city - and possible Mel Nethra itself, are doomed. ))
(2349) DM: (it's still her turn and she's about to do something, but if anyone who's in range wants to do something and hasn't done it yet, go now)
(2336) Helisandra: (( I believe everyone that can has tried. ))
(2337) Garret: (Eh.. there are other countries)
(2349) DM: ....and vanishes, but not without Amazzar.
** (2331) Tian sniffs to see if she is still in the room **
(2349) DM: The other demon remains, albeit confused. (7, Garr)
** (2337) Garret groans as the bitch slinks off with their informant, and wades in dervish style at the Nelf(tumble to avoid aoo), and strike. **
(2349) DM: (Amazzar is still here)
(2336) Helisandra: (( oh? You said "not without" - which meant with him... ))
(2337) Garret: (he is..?)
(2339) Calehan: ((That's not what your previous statement said.))
(2349) DM: (I meant to say she vanishes but not with Amazzar)
(2349) DM: (anyway whatever. next.)
(2337) Garret: (oh.. nix my loss of geeezer comment then.)
(2337) Garret: tumble: [1d20+3] => [11,3] = (14)
(2337) Garret: (failed, aoo?)
(2337) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand Attack Roll: [1d20+27] => [2,27] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [3,4,1,3,3,6] = (20)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] => [8,20] = (28)
(2349) DM: (yes and it misses)
(2349) DM: (4, Nalf)
(2337) Garret: (32 for attack, +3 flank/haste)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] => [15,20] = (35),[1d20+17] => [6,17] = (23),[1d20+17] => [7,17] = (24)
(2349) DM: (and it misses all three times)
(2349) DM: (29, Tian)
** (2331) Tian turns his rage on the Nal **
** (2331) Tian thrusts Frenzy Fang out in two quick stabs **
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 1): [1d20+30+2+1] => [8,30,2,1] = (41)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [2,14] = (16) ))
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Haste Attack): [1d20+30+2+1] => [13,30,2,1] = (46)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [3,14] = (17) ))
** (2331) Tian quickly shifts the thrust into a right to left sweep **
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 2): [1d20+25+2+1] => [4,25,2,1] = (32)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [3,14] = (17) ))
** (2331) Tian finishes with a downward left to right cross attack **
(2331) Tian: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 3): [1d20+20+2+1] => [4,20,2,1] = (27)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [6,14] = (20) ))
(2349) DM: (total it up)
(2331) Tian: (( [16+17+17+20] => 70 ))
(2349) DM: (28, Jar)
** (2351) Jaron waves his hand towards the Nalf, "Please disappear." (Greater Dispel Magic [1d20+16] => [18,16] = (34) ) **
(2336) Helisandra: (( See Cale - you gotta ask nicely. ))
(2339) Calehan: ((Yes, well...))
(2339) Calehan: ((It was probably already ready to leave at that point.))
(2336) Helisandra: (( are you trying to claim that you loosened it up for Jaron? ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+17+5] => [11,17,5] = (33)
(2349) DM: It vanishes with a cloud of sulphur.
(2339) Calehan: ((No, I think the loss of both potential summoners loosened it up.))
** (2331) Tian moves away from the mages body "Ian, can you fix him up?" **
** (2337) Garret tries to wave away the rotten stink, as he muses aloud, "Why do butt ugly Hellspawn always show up around us?" **
(2339) Calehan: "Maybe we're a popular vacation spot."
** (2336) Helisandra remains transfized in her spot, just staring into nothingness now. **
** (2370) Ian begins to tend to the mages wounds. **
(2337) Garret: "Then I'd like to know where they got the permission to build a resort on my ass."
** (2337) Garret looks on as In, works on the mage, glancing aside to the uncharacteristically cut up Tian. "You alright?" **
** (2339) Calehan looks over at Heli, curious how long she's going to stand there. **
(2331) Tian: "I'll live"
** (2331) Tian goes and sits down **
(2337) Garret: :shrugs: "It's a new look on you. Not sure it's a great choice though."
** (2351) Jaron moves over to Helisandra, snapping his fingers in front of her face a few times, "Hey, are you all right?" **
** (2336) Helisandra suddenly moves as Jaron snaps his fingers. "Huh? Oh, yeah." **
** (2336) Helisandra glances around, making sure the attackers were all gone before sheathing her blade. **
** (2370) Ian stands up," The mage is alright,he is just knocked out is all,a few minor cuts and bruises,he will fine.'' **
** (2337) Garret wipes the demon gore from his blade, before resheathing and looking around for where the mage might keep his bed, to lie him someplace proper. **
** (2336) Helisandra wanders over to look at Amazzar. "And let's hope that he can help as he thought." **
** (2349) Amazzar appears to be sleeping soundly thanks to Ian's care. **
(2336) Helisandra: "I hate to ask, but do we have time to wait for him?"
(2337) Garret: "Well.. he was about to tell us.. something."
(2351) Jaron: "Can we afford not to, time we save now may be lost in trying to identify what we are looking for."
(2370) Ian: " There is little we can do but wait for his wounds to heal Helisandra.''
(2336) Helisandra: "Yes, but we also have a limited amount of time to try to save as much of Feyth'Alin as we can. It would be ebst if we are ready to go as soon as he awakes and can tell us what we are looking for."
(2337) Garret: "Can't you do something... magick-y to get him up and around?"
(2349) DM: The crow flaps down from its perch and flies over to the desk, and begins to caw loudly.
** (2351) Jaron looks at the crow before moving to the desk. **
** (2336) Helisandra turns to the crow, moving to the desk. "What is it?" **
** (2351) Jaron shuffles through the papers and books on the desk, trying to find anything that may help them. **
(2349) DM: It's tapping its beak on a sealed clay jar.
** (2336) Helisandra collects the clay jar, looking for any symbols or labels on it. **
(2349) DM: Much of the chamber is a shambles after your battle with the infernals.
(2349) DM: Something rattles inside it.
(2336) Helisandra: "Calehan, any idea what a mage like Amazzar might keep closed in a rune labeled clay jar?"
(2339) Calehan: "Peanuts?"
** (2339) Calehan shrugs. "Not a clue." **
(2351) Jaron: "May I?" :Jaron holds out his hand:
(2349) DM: There are runes inscribed on one side of the jar.
** (2336) Helisandra smiles, handing the jar over to Calehan so that he can see the runes. 'Something about activating a rod. Could this thing be the rod?" **
** (2339) Calehan passes the jar off to Jaron, "Be my guest. Well, Amazzar's guest." **
** (2336) Helisandra suddenly gets an idea and tries to break the seal on the jar. **
** (2351) Jaron moves back as Helisandra attempts to break the seal. **
(2349) DM: The seal falls open and out tumbles a crystalline rod, it's beauty all the more amazing by its simplicity.
(2349) DM: It radiates an inner light that seems different from all the other items of magicka you have experienced in your time as adventurers.
** (2336) Helisandra collects the rod and looks back to the crow. "Thanks." **
(2337) Garret: "So... think that's the rod we need then?"
(2349) DM: The crow flies over to Amazzar's body and rests on it.
(2336) Helisandra: "No, I don't think so. The runes on the clay jar mentioned... uh.. an word to allow someone to visualize a place and be there." she explains, taking care not to mention the activation word while holding the rod.
(2337) Garret: "Teleportation Rod...? Sounds fun."
(2336) Helisandra: "Of course, it could still help us, as long as it could move us to places we haven't seen before."
(2337) Garret: :looks to the crow: "Good birdy."
** (2336) Helisandra looks a little closer at the rod, shielding her eyes from the inner light. "Not easy to hide though, must be why it was kept in the jar." **
** (2337) Garret moves to pick Amazzar off the floor, asking the bird, "Show me where to lay him...?" **
(2370) Ian: " Is anyone in need of healing?"
(2370) Ian: " Now is the time to speak up,for we can not be sure when the next battle may happen.''
(2351) Jaron: "I'm fine, thank you."
(2336) Helisandra: "I am well Ian, thanks for asking."
(2339) Calehan: "No harm here, thankfully."
(2336) Helisandra: "So, should we go ahead and check out Bzallin's old place while he rests? If we can get there and back magically, we should be able to be quick enough about it."
(2337) Garret: "I'm not bad off.. though yo may want to see to the wolf."
(2336) Helisandra: "And yourself. The two of you took the most hits."
(2370) Ian: " Tian may I offer you aide?"
** (2336) Helisandra looks to Tian, telling him to accept the help with her eyes. **
(2331) Tian: "Sure"
** (2337) Garret sees the mage off to his bed, while Tian gets fixed up **
** (2331) Tian is sitting and bleeding on the floor **
** (2370) Ian walks over to Tian,gently places his hand on his shoulder," May the grace of Solnor bind your wounds.'' ( Lay On Hands) ( 64 hp healed) **
(2349) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)
** (2331) Tian nots at Ian **
(2349) DM: (and Ian gets the last word this time. =P)
(2336) Zane: Yes, yes he does. :-)
(2349) DM: (next session will take place in 2 weeks....and I will assume that you immediately head out to Bzallin's citadel)
(2351) J.C.: All right, see you all then
(2349) DM: (after seeing to Amazzar's rest)
(2351) J.C.: Leaving
(2351) J.C. (exit): 02:47
(2336) Zane: at least try to - yes.
(2349) DM: I'm taking a break for a weekend, so no games next weekend
(2349) DM: tomorrow we meet as normal
(2331) Dj Gilcrease: OK
(2337) Garret: aaawww.. still no Damrosil? I'm itching to play braindead Morti ^_^


Back to MelNethra Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms