Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
15 users online
3 Registered
0 Hidden
12 Guests
Registered Users: Dog Ate Homework, GeorgeGem, Quick Loans


Back to MelNethra Logs
Welcome to OpenRPG version 1

Welcome to OpenRPG version 1.7.6...
Locating server at 74.220.220.200:6774...
Game connected!
(1561) TaliesinNYC (enter): 21:12
Server Administrator-> You have connected to an OpenRPG server, version '1.7.1'.

OpenRPG

Many thanks goes to all of those who contributed!

The Tangled Web


Join Us At: Our Forum

This product is licensed under the GNU GPL License.

 

The Tangled Web
Standing outside the entrance to the cave, you are surprised to hear the sounds of music and merriment coming from deep within.
1) Enter the Cave
2) Run fast and far away



Moving to room 'MelNethra'..
(1561) TaliesinNYC (enter): 21:12
Server Administrator->
(1558) Lunauc (enter): 21:12
(1557) Donovan (enter): 21:12
(1559) Zane (enter): 21:12
(1560) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 21:12
(1555) J.C. (enter): 21:12
(1556) Ian Cromwell (enter): 21:12
Attempting to assign the role of GM to (1561) TaliesinNYC...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1556) Ian Cromwell...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1555) J.C....
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1560) Dj Gilcrease...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1559) Zane...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1557) Donovan...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1558) Lunauc...
(1559) Zane: Hey all
(1561) TaliesinNYC: eating
(1559) Zane: k
(1555) J.C.: Hey
(1561) TaliesinNYC: remind me again which room you ended up in?
(1561) TaliesinNYC: I think it was E?
(1559) Zane: E was open to the air, no floor - so heli moved back to the door out of L
(1560) Dj Gilcrease: I think we were still in L as E was the open sky floorless room
(1561) TaliesinNYC: ok
(1560) Dj Gilcrease: And Tian had just eaten the bookworm
(1561) TaliesinNYC: ew
(1559) Zane: yeah - Tian and Calehan were in the small room off of L.
(1557) Donovan: Calehan is getting out of that room pretty quickly though, mind you.
(1557) Donovan: (Oh yes, I remember that now... though I had tried to block it from memory.)
(1561) TaliesinNYC: ok, let's start
** (1559) Helisandra checks out the door out of the back room of the Lirbary, checking it for traps. **
(1561) DM: you mean the rear door?
(1559) Helisandra: (( yeah - the one not to any room based on the current map ))
(1561) DM: (k)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+24] => [18,24] = (42)
whispering to Zane, there don't seem to be any
** (1560) Dj Gilcrease returns to the library, picking his teeth, and moves to his normal poisition a few feet behind Heli **
** (1560) Tian returns to the library, picking his teeth, and moves to his normal poisition a few feet behind Heli **
** (1557) Calehan returns to the library, returning the borrowed book to its place as he passes the shelves once again. **
** (1558) Garret watches Tian walking off, wondering if that worm was toxic, while Waiting for Heli to finish her work. **
(1561) DM: (I don't suppose DJ's ever had worms in real life)
** (1559) Helisandra cracks open the door after being satisfied that there are no traps on it. **
(1560) Tian: (( not bookworms, but I have eaten an earthworm, and various grubs ))
(1561) DM: (shudder)
(1561) DM: The room beyond is a long narrow gallery, the walls and floor blackened and cracked as if some mighty battle has been played out here. Impact marks and blast craters cluster mostly in the southeastern portion of the hall.
(1560) Tian: (( Grubs arnt bad, kinda taste like juicy peanuts ))
(1563) J.C. (enter): 21:35
(1561) DM: Two doors can be seen, both closed, one on the right wall and one at the far end of the room.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1563) J.C....
(1561) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1555) J.C.' from room...
(1555) J.C. (exit): 21:36
(1559) Helisandra: "There was a magicka battle back here guys, I think this is the right way."
(1557) Calehan: "Yeah. If this is the wrong way, I'd hate to see the right way. Then again, maybe there used to be a floor back there."
** (1559) Helisandra starts down the hallway, checking the first doorway and the hallway around it for any traps. **
** (1558) Garret sidles up behind Heli, looking over the wreckage, "These guys really don't know how to maintain a home." **
** (1560) Tian remains following behind Heli **
(1559) Helisandra: "You know a good maid service to suggest?"
(1558) Garret: "At this point, I think they need a mason more than a maid, no?" :noting the cracked up walls and floor.:
(1559) Helisandra: "Both would help."
(1558) Garret: :shrugs: "So, onward to devestation?"
** (1559) Helisandra nods as she checks for any traps. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+24] => [4,24] = (28)
whispering to Zane, there don't seem to be any
** (1559) Helisandra opens the door in the side of the hall, to determine where it goes. **
(1561) DM: (sec)
(1561) DM: This large hall (O) is outfitted with alchemical equipment in the form of glassware, retorts and miles of glass and copper tubing. Large glass vessels stand on the floor around a long table of equipment, some of it still working.
(1561) DM: There is a door at another end of the chamber, closed.
(1578) J.C. (enter): 21:54
** (1559) Helisandra slowly makes her way through the lab room, taking care to not touch anything, moving to the door on the far side. **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1578) J.C....
(1561) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1563) J.C.' from room...
(1563) J.C. (exit): 21:55
Attempting to DISABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now unmoderated
** (1558) Garret spends a bit of time in the ruined hall, looking over the remains with some interest to the damage (gallery to suggest artwork or such on the walls, whether or not in tact?) **
** (1557) Calehan looks around the laboratory while Heli works on the door. **
** (1559) Helisandra checks the next door for any traps. **
(1561) DM: (intact)
** (1559) Helisandra opens that door as well. **
(1559) Helisandra: (( and since I can tell on the map where it goes - which way does it open? Towards me or into E? ))
(1558) Garret: (intact, as in there is intact artwork in the hall?)
(1561) DM: (yes G)
(1561) DM: You're looking out over room E which is a wide expanse of blue
(1561) DM: The effect is jarring.
** (1559) Helisandra steps back a second from the sight. **
** (1556) Ian Cromwell follows along behind the others,looking at all the damage that has occured in the hallway,then at the items in the room not touching anything **
** (1558) Garret looks over the artwork, while waiting on Heli's progress. idly he looks for anything striking or familiar, such as scenery matching the beachfront illusion a few rooms over, or portraits of the homeowner or relations. **
(1561) DM: Most are pastoral scenes of Kern, Hyboras and the Fhaard.
(1559) Helisandra: "I really don't like that room." she mutters as she backtracks through the laboratory back to the long hallway.
(1561) DM: You do however find a self portrait of a wizened old man in sky blue robes with white trim.
(1559) Helisandra: "Find anything interesting Garret?"
(1558) Garret: "Well, the scenery is lovely and well chosen, though the brush strokes are a bit heavy and ill placed. He should have use a finer bristle brush." :speaks offhand, as he looks over the portrait.:
** (1559) Helisandra doesn't wait for his response as she moves down the hallway (N), checking for any traps on her way to the door at the end of the hallway. **
** (1559) Helisandra raises an eyebrow at Garret. "If you say so." **
** (1558) Garret rubs his chin, while looking over the portrait, playing the part of the sophisticate. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+24] => [20,24] = (44)
(1558) Garret: (any paintings look like they were put back up over ruined parts of wall, or someone went out of their way too wreck?)
(1561) DM: Well, the entire chamber looks like it was the scene of a disaster.
** (1559) Helisandra reaches the door and checks it as well for any traps. **
(1561) DM: But the paintings are intact.
(1561) DM: It's almost as if the paintings are part of the wall...
(1558) Garret: (*cue ghostly howling in the distance*)
(1561) DM: (lol)
** (1560) Tian howls **
(1560) Tian: (( ignore the emote =P ))
(1558) Garret: :lookks to Tian: "What? the worm backing up on ya?"
(1560) Tian: (( Ignore that, I forgot I had the emote in the sound macro =P ))
** (1559) Helisandra glances back to make sure the group has remained together for the most part before she opens the next door. "I'd assume that we are getting closer to Ocras, with this amount of damage." **
** (1557) Calehan returns to the hallway, listening to Garret's commentary on the paintings. **
(1558) Garret: "Or at least we're seeing why he may have fled."
(1561) DM: The chamber beyond is a closet really.
(1559) Helisandra: (( but we can see the other door? ))
(1561) DM: There's another door here.
(1559) Helisandra: "Strange, two ways into just a small closet." Heli shrugs and enters the closet, checking the other door out for any traps.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+24] => [20,24] = (44)
(1559) Helisandra: opens the next door and peeks into the room beyond.
** (1559) Helisandra opens the next door and peeks into the room beyond. **
** (1560) Tian remains a few feet behind Heli "This seems like a rather twisting dwelling." **
(1559) Helisandra: "Likely meant to confuse unwanted visitors."
(1559) Helisandra: "Which, unfortunately, includes us right now."
(1561) DM: The chamber here is furnished with only wooden pegs fitted into the wall at human head height. A single heavy cloak hangs on a peg nearest the southern door. Hovering nearby is a transparent humanoid.
(1561) DM: There is a closed crystalline door at the far wall.
** (1559) Helisandra looks to the figure. "You don't happen to notice us either, do you?" **
(1561) DM: There isn't a response.
(1558) Garret: "I believe we've found the foyer."
** (1559) Helisandra sighs, "Figures." She walks right through the room to the crystalline door, which she checks over for traps. **
** (1559) Helisandra suddenly looks back to the others, finding Ian's face in particular. **
** (1559) Helisandra has a look of dread on her face, as though she heard something terrifying. **
(1558) Garret: "What's wrong?"
(1561) DM: There is a sudden explosion that rocks the complex.
(1561) DM: Another explosion.
(1559) Helisandra: "Acererak" she hisses. She quickly opens the door, hoping that she and her friends might be able to help still.
(1561) DM: The ground trembles after the second explosion.
(1561) DM: The room beyond is a tremendous cavern that seems completely out of place compared to the rest of the complex.
(1560) Tian: "What was that?"
** (1558) Garret lowers into a ready stance, hand on his hilt, waiting to rush through the door. **
(1561) DM: A wizard garbed in sky-blue robes is doing battle with Acererak in the far reaches of the cavern.
(1558) Garret: (how far too Acerak? is he on the ground? Have the wizzes noticed us yet?)
** (1559) Helisandra moves through the door, drawing out her rapier as she does, moving quickly into some shadows and out of the way of everyone else. **
** (1557) Calehan draws his knives, readying for a fight after the series of explosions. **
** (1560) Tian draws his sword **
(1561) DM: The cavern is at least 300' in diameter.
(1561) DM: Ceiling height is 100' high
(1561) Voice of Acererak: "You are nothing I cannot strike down!"
(1561) Ocras: "We'll see about that." (hurls a bolt of scarlet lightning)
** (1560) Tian snarles at the sight of the lich **
(1561) DM: The lich turns at that sound, as the lightning bolt strikes him in the chest and dissipates harmlessly.
(1561) Voice of Acererak: "Ah, so your stooges have arrived. But it will avail them not! Imperio!"
(1558) Garret: (how far too Acerak? is he on the ground? Have the wizzes noticed us yet?)
(1561) Voice of Acererak: "I command you to do my bidding!"
(1558) Garret: (well duh he noticed us.. just reposted. ;p)
(1561) DM: (I'm going to redraw the map in a second. you're at one end of the cavern, Acererak and Ocras are at the other. Next to Acererak is a floating crystal sphere.)
(1561) DM: (I should say that Acererak is flickering, as if he's really not there or perhaps he's partially here.)
(1561) DM: (not to scale, but each square = 10')
(1559) Helisandra: (( door we entered is near the top of the map? ))
(1561) DM: ((yep))
(1589) J.C. (enter): 22:59
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1589) J.C....
whispering to J.C., I've unmodded the room so you can talk as soon as you reconnect
whispering to J.C., since you have connection issues
(1561) DM: (init)
(1559) Helisandra: Initiative: [1d20+8] => [17,8] = (25)
(1560) Tian: INIT: [1d20+15] => [10,15] = (25)
(1557) Calehan: Initiative: [1d20+4] => [18,4] = (22)
(1558) Garret: init: [1d20+3] => [4,3] = (7)
(1561) DM: (any others?)
(1559) Helisandra: (( don't think anyone else is awake ))
(1560) Tian: (( So he is about 300ft away? ))
(1561) DM: ((yes))
(1561) DM: ((Ian? init?))
(1560) Tian: (( Ian seems to be AFK or asleep ))
(1559) Helisandra: .ooc I think Drew is asleep, disconned, or something.
(1559) Helisandra: (( I think Drew is asleep, disconned, or something. ))
(1556) Ian Cromwell: ( sorry trying to redo Ian lost him in the reinstall)
(1561) DM: (well this will be interesting)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] => [18,9] = (27)
(1559) Helisandra: (( ahh, there he is - only been trying to talk to him for 10-15 minutes... ))
(1557) Calehan: "Anyone who wants an express trip across this cavern, gather round."
(1556) Ian Cromwell: Init: [1d20+5+4] => [8,5,4] = (17)
(1561) DM: (I need to read up on something so give me 10 minutes before we begin please)
(1558) Garret: "Don't mid if I do, Cale."
(1558) Garret: (mind even)
(1559) Helisandra: (( going to get a smoke then. ))
(1560) Tian: (( ok smoking as well ))
** (1559) Helisandra is already moving off to the side, into the shadows. (i.e. - not teleproting with the others.) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [23d12+115] => [7,2,9,12,6,7,10,2,2,10,11,6,4,7,4,7,9,8,9,3,5,11,4,115] = (270)
** (1560) Tian starts to take a setp, but hearing Cale turns and waits to me magicly brought to the battle **
(1560) Tian: (( might be kinda AFK since the cops just called about the fight I broke up yesterday ))
(1558) Garret: (that sounds disturbing)
(1578) J.C. (exit): 23:26
(1561) DM: Acererak begins laughing maniacally as Ocras collapses into a heap and begins changing and transforming....
(1561) DM: (Heli, 25)
(1560) Tian: (( I gtg, cops need me to come to the station and do an interview. apperantly the fight didnt end whenI broke it up they just moved it else where ))
(1561) DM: ((wow))
** (1559) Helisandra clicks her heals together as she turns to the side, melding into the shadows. **
(1561) DM: ((ok good luck))
(1559) Helisandra: (( later DJ ))
(1558) Garret: (good luck. don't get arrest for abbedding or something.)
(1561) Voice of Acererak: "I must depart and attend to my little project. Kill these fools, and then kill yourself!"
(1561) DM: The lich's image disappears.
(1561) DM: (someone want to run Tian?)
(1561) DM: (Cale, 22)
(1559) Helisandra: (( what about you JC? ))
(1557) Calehan: (Assuming everyone still wants to go...)
(1559) Helisandra: (( otherwise - I can. ))
(1561) DM: ((JC isn't available right now...))
(1561) DM: ((let's put it that way))
(1561) DM: ((but he can run Tian if he wants))
(1559) Helisandra: (( k ))
** (1557) Calehan incants a spell briefly while tagging those near him finishing with his choice of destination, "To the other end of this cavern, now." Those so indicated vanish and appear next to Ocras. **
(1589) J.C.: (( I suppose I can give it a shot. ))
** (1558) Garret groans as the lich flees, and casts his eyes down at the shifting mass of a blue robed wizard, "Now, what's he gonna do?" **
(1561) DM: (Tian, next. let JC get some familiarity with the node)
(1589) J.C.: Frenzy Fang (Vorpal) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [8,21] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+7] => [2,5,7] = (14)
(1589) J.C.: Frenzy Fang (Vorpal) Attack Roll: [1d20+26] => [10,26] = (36) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+7] => [3,5,7] = (15)
(1589) J.C.: Frenzy Fang (Vorpal) Attack Roll: [1d20+31] => [18,31] = (49) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+7] => [2,5,7] = (14)
(1589) J.C.: (( Sorry... )))
(1561) DM: (huh?)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] => [7] = (7)
(1559) Helisandra: (( that was him getting used to how DJ has the node setup ))
(1561) DM: The wizard's form is increasing by a magnitude of twenty.
(1594) J.C. (enter): 23:42
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1594) J.C....
(1561) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1589) J.C.' from room...
(1589) J.C. (exit): 23:42
(1558) Garret: :to cale: "What the hell is happening to him?"
(1557) Calehan: "He's transforming. Into something big."
(1558) Garret: "Can it be stopped?"
(1557) Calehan: "I don't think it's the transformation that's the biggest problem, but not likely so."
(1561) DM: (Ian, 17)
(1595) J.C. (enter): 23:46
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1595) J.C....
(1561) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1594) J.C.' from room...
(1594) J.C. (exit): 23:46
** (1556) Ian Cromwell closes his eyes and concentrates briefly **
(1592) TrueBlood (enter): 23:47
(1561) DM: The glowing form of Ocras rapidly transforms into the all-too familiar sight of Briocht, the emerald drake you had met a while ago.
(1561) DM: (Garrett, 7)
(1558) Garret: :blinks at the transformation's completion: "....uuummmm..."
(1558) Garret: (is it attacking?)
(1559) Helisandra: (( guess we don't have to track down her lair now... except that I doubt she has the orb on her... ))
** (1556) Ian Cromwell opens his eyes as he draws his long sword," May all that stand at my side feel the blessing of Solnor,may those who stand against us feel his bane." ( casting bless on those around me) **
(1598) TrueBlood (enter): 23:51
(1558) Garret: ((or still dazed?)
(1561) DM: Is it attacking? He's coming out of his stupor and opening his mouth wide, sucking in air. I guess so...
** (1558) Garret shakes himself from his daze to rush in under the drake's neck(he get an aoo, or is it still dazed?) **
(1561) DM: (he would get an aoo, yes)
(1596) Aurora (enter): 23:53
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+23] => [3,23] = (26)
(1561) DM: Perhaps it was the effect of the transformation but he doesn't seem to be completely with it. (AC 26 which I assume is a miss.)
(1558) Garret: (miss)
(1602) J.C. (enter): 23:54
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1602) J.C....
(1561) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1595) J.C.' from room...
(1595) J.C. (exit): 23:54
(1558) Garret: (ready action to draw and slice, if he attempts a breath attack or other violent act)
whispering to J.C., Jaron is off to the side in either polymorphed or stasis form I haven't yet decided
(1561) DM: He breathes, so I assume you react.
(1558) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand Attack Roll: [1d20+27] => [4,27] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [9,4,4,3,3,6] = (29)
(1558) Garret: (+1 for bless, 32)
(1561) DM: (all PCs in range of Briocht, I need you to make a Will save vs. dragon awe)
(1556) Ian Cromwell: Will save: [1d20+12] => [10,12] = (22)
(1557) Calehan: Will: [1d20+16] => [19,16] = (35)
(1558) Garret: Will save: [1d20+10] => [18,10] = (28)
(1558) Garret: (29 with bless)
(1561) DM: (if I whispered you, you failed the roll)
whispering to Lunauc, 31 is a hit, but we'll need to resolve this concurrently with the breath weapon
(1561) Briocht: (all PCs in range except Garrett, fort save for the breath weapon)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [14d6] => [3,3,3,3,3,4,5,2,3,5,6,1,4,2] = (47)
(1557) Calehan: Fortitude: [1d20+11] => [2,11] = (13)
(1556) Ian Cromwell: Fortitude save: [1d20+18] => [14,18] = (32)
(1596) Aurora (exit): 23:59
(1596) Aurora (enter): 23:59
(1561) DM: (if I did NOT whisper you, you suffer 23 acid damage IF you were in range)
(1561) DM: (Heli, 25)
** (1559) Helisandra remains out of sight. **
(1559) Helisandra: (( done ))
(1561) DM: (Tian, 25)
(1561) DM: (I need an action. If JC can't do anything, someone else needs to run Tian)
(1558) Garret: (run in howling and slashing, no problem)
(1561) DM: (do you want to run him in addition to G? let me know)
(1558) Garret: (sure)
(1558) Garret: :Tian rushes in howling and slashing:
(1558) Garret: (aoo? not sure tian's ac though)
(1561) DM: (well Briocht has a reach of 10' for all attacks except for bite, so probably yes)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+23] => [10,23] = (33)
(1559) Helisandra: (( I think his is 45... ))
(1558) Garret: (seems so.. damn)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+23+10+4] => [12,23,10,4] = (49)
(1561) DM: (so does T attack B then?)
(1558) Garret: Frenzy Fang (Vorpal) Attack Roll: [1d20+31] => [3,31] = (34) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+7] => [3,5,7] = (15)
(1558) Garret: Frenzy Fang (Vorpal) Attack Roll: [1d20+26] => [11,26] = (37) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+7] => [2,5,7] = (14)
(1558) Garret: Frenzy Fang (Vorpal) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [1,21] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+7] => [2,5,7] = (14)
(1561) DM: (ok. B does an AOO against T -- bite, AC 49)
(1558) Garret: (first attack only, unfortunately, he only has the full attack node handy)
(1561) DM: (k)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d8+10] => [3,2,10] = (15)
(1561) DM: His strikes sink into Briocht's scales but don't seem to injure the drake as easily as you'd think.
(1561) DM: (Cale, 22)
** (1557) Calehan casts a quick spell, speeding the movements of those nearby then circles to one side of the drake, spreading out the potential targets. (hasting you folks) **
(1561) DM: (we might have to move to another server since Jonathan can't connect to TW. we'll do that after the combat.)
(1561) DM: (Ian, 17)
** (1556) Ian Cromwell quickly charges the beast attacking it with fury. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+23+10+4] => [1,23,10,4] = (38)
(1561) DM: It's AOO misses you by a mile.
(1560) Tian: (( back, didnt think the fight yesterday was much more the a typical dimestic dispute, but after I broke it up my room mate followed his GF and ended up putting her in the hospital ))
(1561) DM: ((wow))
(1561) DM: (Ian, go)
(1559) Helisandra: (( damn, that just ain't right. ))
(1556) Ian Cromwell: Attack: [1d20+16+5+3] => [12,16,5,3] = (36)
(1558) Garret: (hmm.. maybe you should get a new roomate)
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, I had someone run you
(1556) Ian Cromwell: ( forgot to add the now +2 to my attack)
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, I think you need to make a Fort save for the breath weapon and a will save for the dragon awe if you haven't
(1560) Tian: Fortitude save: [1d20+16] => [10,16] = (26)
(1556) Ian Cromwell: Damage: [1d8+5+3+2d6] => [7,5,3,2,5] = (22)
(1560) Tian: Will save: [1d20+14] => [20,14] = (34)
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, 23 acid damge
(1561) DM: (If you failed vs. the frightful presence earlier, you're shaken for a period of time.)
(1561) DM: (22 misses)
(1561) DM: (oopps)
(1561) DM: (nvm)
(1561) DM: He takes to the air. (all AOO if applicable.)
** (1560) Tian thrusts Frenzy Fang out in a quick stabing motion **
(1558) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand Attack Roll: [1d20+27] => [11,27] = (38) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [2,4,5,3,3,6] = (23)
(1592) TrueBlood (exit): 00:18
(1556) Ian Cromwell: Attack: [1d20+16+5+3+2] => [1,16,5,3,2] = (27)
** (1559) Helisandra mutters strike as Briochet starts to take to the air, appearing out of no where right next to the drake. **
(1556) Ian Cromwell: Reflex save: [1d20+14] => [7,14] = (21)
(1559) Helisandra: Hasted Rapier Attack: [1d20+24+20] => [6,24,20] = (50) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [2,7] = (9)
(1559) Helisandra: (plus [5d6] => [5,4,3,5,1] = (18) sneak attack damage, if applicable.
(1561) DM: (27 misses, remember a 1 is a 1 regardless of the outcome.)
(1561) DM: (total damage Heli please)
(1557) Calehan: (27)
(1559) Helisandra: [18+9] => 27
(1559) Helisandra: (( rather low... but it's something. ))
(1561) DM: He takes to the air and unleashes a fireball below him.
(1561) DM: (only Cale is out of range)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [7d6] => [5,3,3,1,6,1,6] = (25)
(1561) DM: (Ref save please for all affected)
(1598) TrueBlood (exit): 00:21
(1556) Ian Cromwell: Reflex save: [1d20+14] => [19,14] = (33)
(1558) Garret: Reflex save: [1d20+12] => [9,12] = (21)
(1559) Helisandra: Reflex: [1d20+20+1] => [15,20,1] = (36)
(1558) Garret: (+2 for haste/bless, 23)
(1560) Tian: Reflex save: [1d20+20] => [7,20] = (27)
(1557) Calehan: ((+1 for haste, but bless is fears only.))
(1558) Garret: (oh right, 22 then)
(1561) DM: (if I did NOT whisper you, you take 12 fire damage or evaded it (if you have evasion)
(1561) DM: (G, 7)
** (1558) Garret lets his blade fall to the ground, and whips out his bow, notching and loosing an arrow for the beasts throat **
(1602) J.C. (exit): 00:24
(1558) Garret: Seeking Longbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+20] => [1,20] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+1+0] => [8,1,0] = (9)
(1558) Garret: (or not)
(1561) DM: (25, Heli)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4] => [4] = (4)
(1561) DM: (Heli?)
(1596) Aurora (exit): 00:29
(1557) Calehan: ((oh, Open froze on him, he'll be right back))
(1561) DM: (ok, well I need to pace things so I'm skipping him)
(1561) DM: (25, Tian)
** (1560) Tian moves back a bit to make sure he isnt caught in any more fireballs **
(1561) DM: Briocht is about 80' in the air, just barely below the cavern ceiling.
(1561) DM: (anything else?)
(1560) Tian: (( not unless I suddenly gain the ability to fly or jump 80 ft in the air ))
(1605) Zane (enter): 00:35
(1605) Zane: (( finally... Open froze on me. ))
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1605) Zane...
(1561) DM: (Heli, 25)
(1605) Helisandra: (( I'm gonna need to know what's going on - i clicked to make a roll and Open froxe. ))
(1561) DM: (Briocht is up in the air. He just launched a fireball against you the previous round. It's a new round and I need an action)
(1605) Helisandra: (( how high? ))
(1560) Tian: (( 80ft ))
(1561) DM: (80')
(1561) DM: (the cavern is lit with phosphorescent moss, so that's not an issue)
** (1605) Helisandra smirks and takes a quick step into the nearest shadow, disappearing from view completely. (Using Shadow Jump to travel to another shadow - namly the one on Briochet's back.) **
(1561) DM: (k)
(1561) DM: (anything else?)
(1605) Helisandra: (( that's a standard action - so end turn there. ))
(1561) DM: (22, Cale)
** (1557) Calehan casts a brief spell, his lighter left hand blade glowing softly, then tosses it over the way to Tian. **
(1557) Calehan: "If it's going into the air then it's time for the flying fangs tactic. Tian...Catch."
** (1560) Tian catches the tagger with his free hand **
(1557) Calehan: Attack: +1 Returnig Distance Dagger [1d20+9+4+1+1+1+1-8] => [1,9,4,1,1,1,1,-8] = (10)
(1561) DM: (1 is a miss I believe)
(1560) Tian: "What do I need this little tooth for?"
(1557) Calehan: ((Well, it always has the potential to happen.))
(1561) DM: (Ian, 17)
(1560) Tian: (( Tian can chose not to try and avoid the attack =P ))
** (1557) Calehan however the dagger doesn't even reach Tian and instead spins back to Calehan's hand. **
(1558) Garret: (spell stored in the dagger for a second throw?)
(1557) Calehan: "It's carrying a fly spell, unfortunately it doesn't make my dagger itself fly, or I'd have been able to throw it far enough."
(1557) Calehan: (Correct.)
(1558) Garret: (hmm.. can I try grabbing it on the return? 0.o)
(1558) Garret: (eh.. nvm)
(1561) DM: (I need an action please.)
(1561) DM: (there's no reason why combat vs. 1 target should run for over an hour.)
(1558) Garret: (he get booted again?)
(1561) DM: (someone run him, I don't care who)
(1558) Garret: (alright, pass me his node)
(1558) Garret: (don't suppose you have his spell list handy..?)
(1561) DM: (no. just pick and choose from the PH)
** (1556) Ian Cromwell moves to the side to aviod any more fireballs **
(1558) Garret: (wait, he's here)
(1561) DM: (at this point I'm just concerned with getting the damn combat done)
(1561) DM: (any other actions, Ian?)
(1559) Zane (exit): 00:52
(1561) DM: (I'll take that as a no
(1605) Helisandra: (( that was the timed out version, not the current one. ))
(1561) DM: Suddenly, there are 8 other images of Briocht in the air.
(1561) DM: (Garrett, 7)
(1605) Helisandra: (( I was referring to the Zane that left, btw ))
** (1558) Garret groans, reclaiming his blade in a kick up maneuver. The blade suddenly glows a cool blue, before projecting a globe of ethereal blue around the warrior( lesser globe of invulnerabilty). (ready action to run if the drake descends for breath attack. done) **
(1558) Garret: (Heli manage to get on Briocht's back?)
(1606) No Name (enter): 00:56
(1605) Helisandra: (( you know she disappeared. ))
(1605) Helisandra: (( yet again ))
(1561) DM: (25, Heli)
(1606) Aurora (exit): 00:57
** (1605) Helisandra doesn't notice the extra images of Briochet, as she just has one to focus on. And so she does, striking out at the creature. **
(1605) Helisandra: Hasted Rapier Full attack.:
Attack 1: [1d20+24] => [4,24] = (28) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [3,7] = (10)
Haste attack: [1d20+24] => [4,24] = (28) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [5,7] = (12)
Attack 2: [1d20+19] => [6,19] = (25) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [1,7] = (8)

(1605) Helisandra: (( ouch... ))
(1558) Garret: (must be hard for them all to fly within 5' of eachother)
** (1556) Ian Cromwell places his hand upon Calehans shoulder,his hand glows a soft blue," May you feel the power of Solnor's healing." ( lay on hands) **
(1561) DM: It bellows with fury as nine images of Briocht rear up in pain.
(1561) DM: (22, Cale)
(1558) Garret: (can we see heli on his back?)
(1605) Helisandra: (( no - Stash told me that much earlier. ))
** (1557) Calehan tosses his ready dagger over to Tian, imbuing him with the flight spell therein. **
(1557) Calehan: Attack: +1 Returnig Distance Dagger [1d20+9+4+1+1+1+1] => [19,9,4,1,1,1,1] = (36)
(1561) DM: (k)
(1561) DM: (17, Ian)
(1558) Garret: :to tian: "Aim for a wing."
** (1556) Ian Cromwell continues to move around,trying to stay out of the way of the others that are fighting. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4] => [4] = (4)
** (1557) Calehan catches his dagger as it returns again, now no longer glowing. **
(1561) DM: (k)
(1561) DM: (7, Briocht)
(1556) Ian Cromwell: " If you are in need of more healing Calehan,there are a few spells that I can cast to do so,but for some reason I am unable to gain access to my backpack to retrieve some of my more potent healing potions and scrolls.''
(1561) DM: It decides to rapidly back into the ceiling of the cavern in an effort to crush its rider.
(1561) DM: At the same time, it launches a gray beam at Tian that strikes him in the chest. (Fort save)
(1560) Tian: Fortitude save: [1d20+16] => [20,16] = (36)
(1561) DM: You thought you saw Tian start to change to a bumblebee but he seems to have resisted the effect.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, 5d6
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [5d6] => [3,4,2,3,4] = (16)
(1560) Tian: (( well I will be floating like a butterfly in a second ))
(1561) DM: (7, Gar)
(1607) J.C. (enter): 01:12
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1607) J.C....
(1558) Garret: (go for initiative 23, next round, forget the word for it...)
(1560) Tian: (( delay? ))
(1561) DM: (k)
(1561) DM: (25, Heli)
(1558) Garret: (no, that's not it)
** (1605) Helisandra tries to move around into an attack, hoping her smaller size keeps her from being fully pinned. **
(1605) Helisandra: Hasted Rapier Attack: [1d20+24] => [19,24] = (43) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [6,7] = (13)
(1605) Helisandra: Crit Check: [1d20+24] => [11,24] = (35)
** (1605) Helisandra does an additional [5d6] => [5,6,2,1,6] = (20) sneak attack damage on her opponent. **
(1605) Helisandra: Total damage [20+2*13] => 46
(1561) DM: (25, Tian)
** (1560) Tian leaps into the air flying up to the ceiling attempting to spit the dragon with Heli riding it **
(1561) DM: (well there are 9 of them, and she's out of view)
(1561) DM: (it's purposefully against the ceiling)
(1605) Helisandra: (( so - do you feel lucky punk? Well, do ya? ))
(1561) DM: ((lol))
(1560) Tian: (( thats it for tian ))
(1561) DM: (22, Cale)
** (1557) Calehan casts a brief spell, his lighter left hand blade glowing softly, then tosses it over the way to Garret this time. **
(1557) Calehan: "Your turn, Garret. Up and away."
(1557) Calehan: Attack: +1 Returnig Distance Dagger [1d20+9+4+1+1+1+1] => [4,9,4,1,1,1,1] = (21)
(1558) Garret: (fly?)
(1557) Calehan: ((Yes, fly.))
(1558) Garret: "Appreciate it. Feel free to use my globe."
(1561) DM: (if he's in a globe, won't that negate it?)
(1557) Calehan: (I just thought about that... While he's in the globe certainly.)
(1611) Aurora (enter): 01:22
(1558) Garret: (hmmm.. good point)
(1561) DM: (and a 21 misses I believe unless he chose to stand still)
(1561) DM: (17, Ian)
(1558) Garret: (it's a touch attack, and I have no reason to avoid something beneficial, so.. though Calhan thepc would probably know better than the player about the globe:p)
(1557) Calehan: ((It's only a touch attack, how fast could Garret be?))
(1561) DM: (just pointing out)
(1561) Briocht: (anyway, I need an action from Ian please)
(1557) Calehan: ((Unfortunately, I can't ask Calehan the PC what happens.))
(1558) Garret: (which is unfortunate)
(1558) Garret: :realising their mistake: "Don't suppose you have another one of those?"
(1611) Aurora: Disconnecting from server...
(1611) Aurora (exit): 01:26
** (1556) Ian Cromwell moves around healing those that need it. **
(1605) Helisandra: (( How many fly spells does it take to get a couple fighters into the air? ))
(1561) DM: (k)
(1561) DM: (7, Briocht)
(1558) Garret: (3, two to get the flying and one to rotate the chair.)
(1561) DM: The drake flies over to Tian and literally drops on top of him.
(1561) DM: (Tian needs to roll Ref)
(1561) DM: By this action, you can see which one is the real drake since Heli is hanging on for dear life.
(1560) Tian: (( Tian is up along the ceiling, how the dragon getting above him? ))
(1560) Tian: Reflex save: [1d20+20] => [17,20] = (37)
(1612) vash (enter): 01:31
(1561) DM: (never mind then. it would have crushed someone not flying)
(1561) DM: (I didn't see that. probably Garrett. it ignores Ian for now.)
(1561) DM: (but if Ian is in range, let me know)
(1613) J.C. (enter): 01:32
(1561) DM: (it tries to crush as many individuals as it can under its body)
(1558) Garret: 0.o (where's it dropping?)
(1561) DM: (so I need a Ref by all in range near Garrett if you're not in the air)
(1561) DM: (it's dropping on top of you, dear)
(1558) Garret: Reflex save: [1d20+12] => [14,12] = (26)
(1558) Garret: (+1 for haste, 27)
(1561) DM: (7, Gar)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1613) J.C....
(1561) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1607) J.C.' from room...
(1607) J.C. (exit): 01:34
** (1558) Garret grins, as the drake falls right into his range, and goes to work slicing a path to his heart. **
(1558) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand Attack Roll: [1d20+27] => [6,27] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [3,4,1,3,3,6] = (20)
(1558) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand Attack Roll: [1d20+27] => [4,27] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [4,4,1,3,3,6] = (21)
(1558) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand 2nd Attack Roll: [1d20+22] => [7,22] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [1,4,4,3,3,6] = (21)
(1558) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand 3rd Attack Roll: [1d20+17] => [2,17] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [6,4,5,3,3,6] = (27)
(1558) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-hand 4th Attack Roll: [1d20+12] => [14,12] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+3+6] => [9,4,5,3,3,6] = (30)
(1561) DM: (2 strike)
(1558) Garret: (+2 to all those attackes, btw)
(1561) DM: (then 3 strike)
(1561) DM: (25, Heli)
** (1605) Helisandra grimaces after the wild ride, but remains on Briochet's back for now, striking at the beast in three quick motions. **
(1558) Garret: ((hmm.. do I get sneak dmg, from flank with heli on top?)
(1605) Helisandra: Hasted Rapier Full attack.:
Attack 1: [1d20+24] => [20,24] = (44) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [4,7] = (11)
Haste attack: [1d20+24] => [18,24] = (42) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [5,7] = (12)
Attack 2: [1d20+19] => [18,19] = (37) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [2,7] = (9)

(1561) DM: (yes)
(1605) Helisandra: Crit Check: [1d20+24] => [20,24] = (44)
(1605) Helisandra: Crit Check: [1d20+24] => [17,24] = (41)
(1605) Helisandra: Crit Check: [1d20+19] => [4,19] = (23)
(1561) DM: (2 crits, please total it)
(1605) Helisandra: Grand total for all three attacks: [2*11+2*12+9+5d6+5d6+5d6] => [55,4,3,6,6,5,2,1,1,5,3,4,3,1,5,6] = (110)
(1612) vash: Disconnecting from server...
(1612) vash (exit): 01:38
(1605) Helisandra: (( you realize I rolled a 20 on a check of a roll of 20? ))
(1561) DM: (yes, lol)
(1558) Garret: (*whistles appreciatively)
(1605) Helisandra: (( I think Heli definately has Briochet's attention... ))
(1561) DM: Briocht colllapses into a heap, and rapidly transforms back into the wizard Ocras, then dies.
** (1558) Garret sighs, as the drake/wizard shrivels back down and perishes. "Well.. that was a hastle." **
** (1605) Helisandra lands on the ground, right next to the form of Ocras. She frowns quite a bit and moves to Ocras, closing the man's eyes. **
** (1558) Garret resheathes his blade, the globe around him disipating quickly as the guard meets the sheathe. **
(1605) Helisandra: "A hastle, yes. But also not the outcome that I wanted."
** (1605) Helisandra resheathes her blade as well. **
(1558) Garret: "So, then.. bring him back?"
(1561) DM: There is a small hoard in one corner of the cavern, along with a stone statue of an extremely lifelike human.
(1561) DM: Also is a crystalline sphere atop a tripod. The sphere glows with light of all colors and none.
(1605) Helisandra: "He was fighting against Acererak. And from what I heard before we entered, Acererak's lans for this nation are still proceeding.
(1618) Dustyme (enter): 01:42
whispering to J.C., peekaboo!
(1618) Dustyme (exit): 01:43
** (1560) Tian flys back down to the ground **
(1605) Helisandra: (( *plans ))
(1605) Helisandra: "So yes, we should bring him back. Ian, could you help us with that?"
(1619) J.C. (enter): 01:44
** (1558) Garret looks over the mage's body, a moment, before moving off to look over the lifelike statue nearby. **
(1556) Ian Cromwell: " If I could get in my pack yes,but for some reason I am unable to do so.''
(1619) J.C.: (( Hey... that one actually worked. ))
(1558) Garret: "what do you mean, you're unable to do so?"
** (1605) Helisandra searches the mage's body - removing any weapons and spell components that she can - in case he is still under the command to kill himself. **
(1605) Helisandra: "Fine - then you can carry him out of this place. Hopefully you will be useful once we get back to the cottage."
** (1557) Calehan reaches for his belt, testing his guess. "He means that we can't get into extraspacial containers right now." **
(1558) Garret: "Ah..."
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1619) J.C....
(1561) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1613) J.C.' from room...
(1613) J.C. (exit): 01:47
(1558) Garret: "Don't suppose what you need is in there." :points to the horde: "Or among Ocras' other arcane paraphenilia?"
(1561) Briocht: The belt functions normally.
(1556) Ian Cromwell: " As for being useful,I did heal Calehan in his time of need.''
(1561) DM: (you really need to fix this)
(1561) DM: The belt functions normally.
(1557) Calehan: ((Oh, handy.))
(1561) DM: The man before you seems to be just a common adventurer, with his 5'10", 170 lbs. frame, though he appears to hold himself in a higher regard. His well groomed, jet black hair is pulled back in a low ponytail. His green eyes sweep over everything, weighing it before passing on. He seems to keep clean shaven, except for a close cut goatee surrounding a sly smile. Across his chest and around his waist lay two bandoleers, pockets full of various items. Also on his waist sits a well made rapier, the pommel etched with a lightning bolt, as well as a dagger, blade covered to prevent any accidental cuts. A small crossbow hangs from a leather cord tied around his belt, along with a small quiver of bolts at his back. His clothing, appearing to be a tailor made outfit, mostly black with silver trim, shows signs of wear, yet is well maintained.
(1561) DM: (mind you he's a stone statue)
(1605) Helisandra: "Oh, then thanks." Heli is obviously bothered, but it is apparently not Ian that is upsetting her - he was just an easy target.
(1557) Calehan: "Actually, I'm really not sure what happened."
(1558) Garret: "Odd taste in object art." :muses mildly, while moving past the statue, passing a wandering eye over "the horde":
** (1557) Calehan reaches into one of his pockets and produces the rod they need, since he was in fact the last person to use it. **
(1605) Helisandra: "Acererak got away again, and forced us to kill Ocras. What else is there to understand?"
(1558) Garret: "Um... if you're going to revive him... should we tie him down first? .... just in case..."
(1557) Calehan: "Personally, I'd bring him into someplace smaller if you're worried about a relapse."
(1605) Helisandra: "If you insist. I have collected all his weapons and anything else I found on him, in case it might be used for a spell."
(1558) Garret: "Good point, drag him into the closet. Lets see him go draconic in there."
** (1605) Helisandra gathers the items that she collected from Ocras, ready to follow to the closet. **
(1556) Ian Cromwell: " Acererak may have eluded us once more,but each time we face him,he grows weaker,this time he was not even a full figure.''
(1605) Helisandra: "Which means what?"
(1557) Calehan: "Which means he wasn't focusing his full attention here, I'm afraid."
(1561) DM: The hoard (note spelling) consists of a pile of coins and jewels, in addition to the aforementioned statue and orb.
(1605) Helisandra: "So he wasn't even trying really here. I'm not looking forward to meeting him at full strength."
(1561) DM: Also are a stack of books and an amber staff that crackles with amethyst lightning.
** (1557) Calehan stows his knives again, helping pull Ocras into the closet where he'll attempt to revive him. **
** (1605) Helisandra stays with Calehan, dealing with Ocras. **
** (1556) Ian Cromwell walks over to the pile of treasure looking at the books and studying the staff **
(1558) Garret: "We'll have to prepare for when he does decide to fight seriously then." :notes, while he moves to examine the glowing orb:
(1557) Calehan: "I'll help sort out what all that stuff is when we're done with this."
(1605) Helisandra: "Let's go revive him Calehan, and try talking to him to smooth things out and get some answers."
** (1560) Tian walks around waiting to leave **
** (1556) Ian Cromwell shrugs his shoulders as he can not read a word that is in the books **
** (1605) Helisandra helps Calehan get Ocras into the closet room. There, she ties his hads behind his back and then props him up in a corner. "Ok, let's bring him back Cale." **
(1561) DM: There is a flash of light, and the statue comes alive, it's occupant no longer stone.
(1561) DM: He collapses in a heap.
(1556) Ian Cromwell: " Helisandra I would appreciate it,if you did not revive him,he is very evil.''
** (1558) Garret reaches quickly for his blade, as the statue becames animate. **
(1557) Calehan: "I suppose I should either explain this or do it quietly while he's not looking."
(1605) Helisandra: (( didn't Ian stay behind with the book, or did he come with Cale and Heli? ))
(1558) Garret: "Um.... the statue feinted."
** (1557) Calehan confers briefly with Helisandra on the situation. "It's easy for me to see he's powerful and an enemy of Acererak; how do I explain to Ian how important that is in our quest?" **
** (1558) Garret offers the odd statement, as he sidles over to nudge the fallen figure with a toe, to see if he responds. **
(1605) Helisandra: (( ok, if Ian isn't going to respond, I'm assuming he made the comment on our way out of the room. ))
(1561) DM: He's unconscious.
(1605) Helisandra: "That's what matters. If he is indeed evil, we will deal with that later. After all, Acererak had been here - for all I understand of paladin powers to know, Ian might have been reading the after effects of Acererak's presence."
** (1558) Garret gets out his waterskin, and douses the unconcious man. **
(1605) Helisandra: "And if he does try to kill us of his own free will, I'll take him out again." She draws out her rapier, just to be safe.
** (1560) Tian makes his way over to Garret "Need any help?" **
(1557) Calehan: "Probably best to ask forgiveness rather than permission with him."
(1558) Garret: :to tian: "No, but he might." gesturing to the floored adventurer.
** (1556) Ian Cromwell looks back at the now human figure laying on the floor near the pile of treasure **
(1605) Helisandra: "Why even ask either? He was appointed to be with us. I admit that he has healed me greatly, yes. However, he has also dies and caused trouble more than once."
** (1557) Calehan puts the rod away for now, "No need to use this on him though, since I don't know if it will work on an evil being considering its source." **
** (1556) Ian Cromwell glances towards where Helisandra drug the body off to,then back to the fallen man,shakes his head and moves to help the fallen man **
(1560) Tian: "He looks alive, if uncontious. Ian can deal with him." ^** walks off to find Heli, following her scent **
(1557) Calehan: "Well, I figure that still makes Ian better than Briocht, who has also caused trouble and died without ever actually helping us."
(1558) Garret: :to Tian: "do we want to thought?"
(1605) Helisandra: "He's a human, so I am sure that it will. After all, we need to know what Ocras' plans were that drew Acererak's attention. And I want to know what was up with the duplicate of Briochet in there."
** (1556) Ian Cromwell kneels next to the fallen man,checking him over for injuries. **
** (1560) Tian answers as he is walking away "Sure, he might answer some questions, could always prove a usefull replacement for Ian too." **
(1605) Helisandra: "But we need Briochet, at least the real one. She has that Orb of the Drakes after all."'
(1561) DM: Eventually the adventurer comes to.
(1557) Calehan: "This is my choice and my wish then. I wish for Ocras to be revived from the dead state he is in."
** (1557) Calehan uses Limited Wish to make it possible. **
** (1605) Helisandra rasies an eyebrow, not expecting Calehan to do it in that manner. **
** (1619) Jaron sits up rubbing his head, "What happened, and why am I wet?" **
** (1561) Ocras blinks awake. **
(1619) Jaron: "And who are all of you?"
(1558) Garret: "Is it important?"
** (1605) Helisandra holds out an empty hand to Ocras as he blinks away, "Steady there, we don't want to harm you." **
(1556) Ian Cromwell: " I am Ian,warrior and priest to Solnor,you were a statue when we found you. You are back,but you need food and rest for now.''
** (1561) Ocras holds up his hands in wonder and looks at you with confusion. **
** (1619) Jaron looks questioningly at Ian, "A statue? The last thing I remember was that drake." **
(1557) Calehan: "Good, um, afternoon, Ocras. Are you feeling homicidal or perhaps suicidal today?"
(1605) Helisandra: "Yes, take it easy for a moment."
** (1605) Helisandra looks at Calehan. "About as subtle as Tian would manage." **
(1561) Ocras: "I am no longer possessed by the draconic spirit!"
** (1560) Tian enters the room with Heli and Cale "He back alive yet?" ** notices Ocras moving ** "I guess thats a yes. The stone man in the cavers became human again" **
** (1558) Garret watches the strange adventurer a moment, before inquiring, "How did you get here to meet that drake?" **
(1557) Calehan: "It's the fastest way to check."
** (1605) Helisandra kneels down in front of Ocras. "We are quite glad to hear that." **
(1561) Ocras: "Whomever you are, you have my thanks."
(1605) Helisandra: "You are more than welcome, I am just sorry that you had to die to be freed."
(1605) Helisandra: "Master Ocras, are you up for some questions?"
** (1560) Tian takes a seat on the floor by the door **
(1619) Jaron: "Well, my intention wasn't to meet the drake, my intention was to meet Ocras."
(1558) Garret: "Well, I think that's a half success then."
(1561) Ocras: "Not really, but I suppose I have no choice seeing as how you've rescued me."
(1557) Calehan: "Well, I wouldn't expect you to feel very well after all that's happened."
(1619) Jaron: "As for how I got here, I entered through the cabin. I must say, I was surprised at what I'd found."
** (1605) Helisandra smiles, "We do appreciate it. And we'll try to be quick enough to allow you to rest soon." **
(1619) Jaron: (( Scratch that last part. ))
(1605) Helisandra: "First, what did you mean by draconic spirit? Was that what Acererak did to you?"
(1561) Ocras: "What can I do for you?
(1561) Ocras: "That orb. The one on the tripod."
(1619) Jaron: "As for how I got here, I'm not entirely sure, I was outside a cottage in the woods when I encountered the drake."
(1561) Ocras: "I touched it and was possessed by the spirit inside the orb. It called itself 'Briocht'."
** (1605) Helisandra looks to Calehan. "Go check that out, would you. And make sure no one else touches it." **
(1561) Ocras: "It said that it desired revenge against a wizard named Acererak, but that it also was forced to do his bidding."
(1558) Garret: "Huh.. must've been quite a shock."
(1561) Ocras: "It possessed me and forced me to do things not of my own will."
(1619) Jaron: "To say the least. Might I ask where I am?"
(1605) Helisandra: "Do you remember everything that it forces you to do?"
(1557) Calehan: "Right on that."
(1561) Ocras: "All of it." (shudders)
** (1557) Calehan returns to the cavern and the treasure with news. **
(1561) Ocras: "I attacked a city and was nearly slain. I obtained the components for something called a blacksphere. Most of it is a blur."
(1605) Helisandra: "And you changed into the form of the dragon more than just today, haven't you?"
(1558) Garret: "You're a in a cave... connected to a magical abode dimensionally connected to that cabin you were drakewhacked at."
(1605) Helisandra: "Do you remember seeing me before?"
(1557) Calehan: "Don't touch the orb yet, that's where Briocht came from. The drake possessed Ocras when he touched the orb."
(1561) Ocras: "I met you and directed you to a tomb. Why, I do not know. I do know however that your going there was to release something that Acererak desired."
** (1558) Garret looks up to Cale, then toward the orb. "Then, is that the orb we needed from Briocht?" **
** (1619) Jaron looks at Calehan with a questioning look, "I see." **
(1605) Helisandra: "Hmm, that is a shame. That may have been accomplished - or maybe not. What you have told us so far has answered a number of questions. Did you know of Acererak before Briochet?"
** (1557) Calehan returns a questioning look, "Wasn't that a statue? Why's he moving around?" **
(1561) Ocras: "He is a legend amongst wizards."
(1619) Jaron: "Well, where are my manners, I am Jaron Kensly; Illusionist, Performer, and when the need arises, thief extraordinaire."
(1558) Garret: :to Cale: "He fell."
(1619) Jaron: "Don't forget the getting wet part, still trying to figure that out."
** (1557) Calehan nods, "I see." **
(1558) Garret: ""Maybe the drake was using you as a slat lick."
(1558) Garret: (salt even)
(1619) Jaron: "I don't believe that was his intention, when I saw him, he seemed rather intent on killing me."
(1605) Helisandra: "Of course he is. Now the question becomes - what do you do next? Acererak directed you to kill us and then yourself. However, neither was accomplished. I know of some that would like to have you aid them against Acererak if you want retribution for what he did."
(1619) Jaron: "But it appeared he wasn't in complete control of himself, as strange as that sounds."
** (1558) Garret sidles over to the glowing orb,asking Cale again, "So.. is this what you would consider an orb of drakes?" **
(1557) Calehan: "Well, I'm Calehan. Pleased to meet you, despite the situation."
(1557) Calehan: "I think that it could quite literally be called an orb of drakes."
** (1619) Jaron positions himself against the nearest wall, leaning against it before taking some bread and a waterskin from his bag. **
(1558) Garret: :groans, musing in a murmur: "That brat would probably know." :then looks up to Jaron: "Oh, I'm Garret by the way."
** (1561) Ocras blanches. "Whilst I would like revenge, I'm not sure I want to." **
(1561) Ocras: "He is legendary among wizards for good reason. His reach is quite long. And he nearly caused the destruction of the Empire once before."
(1557) Calehan: (About how big is the orb?)
(1619) Jaron: "So, not that I'm not grateful, but what is your purpose in being here?"
(1561) DM: (right now, the size of a tennis ball)
(1557) Calehan: (That doesn't sound ominous or anything.)
(1561) Ocras: "Why do you ask?"
(1605) Helisandra: "I can understand. I've actually been in a similar situation as you. Well, only kinda, but I understand. Yes, we have heard that about Acererak - and it appears he is up to his old tricks again."
(1558) Garret: :to Jaron: "I think we're trying decide that presently."
(1561) Ocras: "He harbors an intense hatred for the Empire. The reasons for why are lost in the mists of time."
(1619) Jaron: "Is it common for you to enter a mansion inside another dimension, then decide what it is you are there for?"
(1557) Calehan: "Actually, it looks like our being here was a mistake."
** (1556) Ian Cromwell gathers up what food he had placed in front of Jaron,seeing how he is not going to eat it,putting it back in his pack as he stands up,and walks away from the others to sit by himself. **
(1558) Garret: "Not common.. more infrequent really."
(1557) Calehan: "We came looking for Briocht, but it turns out that Briocht and Ocras were currently sharing a body and the quest Briocht sent us on in the first place was a ruse."
(1605) Helisandra: "Before we entered the cavern, he mentioned something to you about how you would not stop him and your plans had actually aided him in his second chance to overthrow the Empire."
(1619) Jaron: "Hm, that would explain a few things."
(1558) Garret: "And why were you looking for Ocras?"
(1619) Jaron: "Simple, I wanted to meet the man."
(1605) Helisandra: "So, I was hoping that you might remember anything else he mentioned that might help us save the Empire this time around."
(1558) Garret: :shrugws: "I think he's in the next room."
(1557) Calehan: "Correct."
(1561) Ocras: "I think he was referring to my/Briocht's sending you to the tomb."
(1619) Jaron: "Well, if you are telling me that he is sharing a body with the drake Briocht, the same drake that has already attempted to kill me once, I believe I shall postpone our meeting."
(1605) Helisandra: "That would make sense, but I had to touble check."
(1561) Ocras: "I recall you wanted the orb, and I would give it to you in exchange for a ring."
(1605) Helisandra: (( *double ))
(1561) Ocras: "You can have the orb. I want nothing else to do with it."
(1605) Helisandra: "That was the deal with Briochet, but would you even want that orb still around?"
(1558) Garret: :to Cale: "He still possessed?"
(1605) Helisandra: (( strike Heli's comment then. :-P ))
(1557) Calehan: "Apparently not."
(1605) Helisandra: "That is most generous of you. I do have one more question for you. Actually, it's the reason that brought us to your house."
(1557) Calehan: "He could be faking, though I doubt that Briocht would or could stick around after death."
(1561) Ocras: "And that is?"
(1558) Garret: "Well, I claim that as a small victory then."
** (1619) Jaron stands, stretching and checking his equipment to be sure it is still all in place. **
(1605) Helisandra: "Outside of your cabin there was a fierce battle between wolves and dark creatures. Do you happen to recall anything about it?"
(1558) Garret: "Now, what do we do about the super happy happy fun ball?" :gesturing to the orb:
(1557) Calehan: "Give me a bit to think about that question."
** (1560) Tian pirks up at the mention of the wolves **
** (1557) Calehan scans the treasure hoard with detect magic. **
(1561) Ocras: "Yes."
(1561) Ocras: "What about it?"
** (1558) Garret shrugs, and steps away, heading to check on things in the next room. Along the way, he slips his wakizashi from the sheathe, a moment, for it to flash in a sudden blue aura. Cure minor: [2d8+3] => [1,2,3] = (6) **
(1605) Helisandra: "Well, what exactly did you see, and where did the survivors of the fight go? After all, we only came across the aftermath of it."
(1558) Garret: (afk)
** (1619) Jaron moves across the room towards some of the books, picking one up, "What do we have here?" **
(1561) Ocras: "There was a force of beastmen and Eyeless travelling through. They were attacked by wolves."
(1561) Ocras: "As I recall, a group of humans -- some men and women -- were fleeing the abominations."
(1557) Calehan: "Books. Commonly words are printed on paper though other materials are not unknown."
(1561) Ocras: "I didn't inquire, although the women seemed to radiate power of a sort I had never seen or felt before."
(1619) Jaron: "Thank you for that."
(1560) Tian: "Did any of the wolves survive?"
(1561) Ocras: "No. All were slain to the last, but all of the abominations died as well."
(1557) Calehan: "You're welcome."
** (1556) Ian Cromwell utters a quiet prayer to Solnor as he eats the food. **
(1556) Ian Cromwell: " They are written in mage words Jaron.''
(1605) Helisandra: "Really? That is great news. I feared that some of the abominations might have survived."
(1561) Ocras: "I ventured out of my cottage after the battle and managed to pick up a most curious ring. Here."
(1619) Jaron: "Mage words huh, well then, I suppose I'll just have to do something about that."
** (1605) Helisandra accepts the ring. **
** (1561) Ocras reaches into a pocket and fishes something out, handing it to Tian. **
(1605) Helisandra: (( or not. ))
** (1605) Helisandra tries to catch a glimpse of the ring as it is passed. **
** (1560) Tian takes it and looks it over **
** (1619) Jaron pulls a prism out of a pouch on his belt, mutters a few words and looks through it at the pages. (Read Magic) **
(1561) DM: It's a platinum band atop which is set a white gold design of a circle with a sinuous line through it, half of the circle is white, the other black.
(1561) DM: The boundary of the circle is a serpent eating its own tail.
(1605) Helisandra: (( as expected. So much for avoided them in this sub-campaign. :-P ))
(1561) DM: ((actually you were going to come upon them sooner or later. and this particular group of Aes Sedai hasn't been introduced yet.))
(1605) Helisandra: "Can we help you somewhere to rest? I'm sure that you are rather tired."
** (1560) Tian shrugs "You know if the wearer was helping the wolves or beasts or just one of the fleeing humans?" **
(1561) Ocras: "My cottage, if you please. I could give you some help if you like. It'll take a bit of time though. I need some rest."
(1561) Ocras: "You're welcome to stay as long as you need to."
(1605) Helisandra: "Of course. Tian, can you get him back to the cottage? I'm going to get the others and then we will meet you back there shorty."
(1560) Tian: "Sure" ^** stands to help Ocras ** "Can you walk?"
(1557) Calehan: "The staff is also quite powerful, though I'd like to take some time to study the orb and determine how to safely transport it."
** (1605) Helisandra heads back to the cavern, putting her rapier away as she stands. **
(1558) Garret: "Okay, then, lets get to mooching."
(1561) Ocras: "Have you seen my staff?"
(1605) Helisandra: "No, what does it look like?"
(1557) Calehan: "I suspect it may serve as a prison and transport for a drake; it may be empty and safe now that Briocht is gone, or may not."
(1561) Ocras: "It's an amber staff and is sheathed by an aura of lightning."
(1605) Helisandra: "I will check in the cavern for you, I think there was a staff sitting there."
(1561) Ocras: "Could you please?" (seems anxious)
** (1605) Helisandra heads back to the others. "Tian is going to take Ocras back to the cottage, he just wants his staff back. We have been invited to stay as long as we need. Oh, and he is giving us the orb without requesting the ring that Briochet wanted." **
** (1619) Jaron looks up from the books, "Greetings." **
(1557) Calehan: "Oh yes. He has more company than we expected."
** (1605) Helisandra looks at the newcomer. "Uh, hi. You must be the stone man that Tian mentioned." **
(1619) Jaron: "Yes, well, as you can see, I am no longer stone."
(1605) Helisandra: "Yes, he mentioned something about being alive - I am glad that you have been returned from stone. You know have something in common with Ian."
(1605) Helisandra: (( *now have ))
** (1619) Jaron quirks an eyebrow at Helisandra before shaking his head and going back to inspecting the books. **
** (1605) Helisandra locates Ocras' staff and looks to Calehan. "Any ideas how to move that orb without touching it yet?" **
** (1605) Helisandra collects Ocras' staff while waiting for Calehan's reply. **
** (1561) Ocras enters the cavern. "Oh. Those are my spellbooks." **
(1557) Calehan: "Well, there's gloves."
(1561) Ocras: "But you can take a look at them if you want."
** (1605) Helisandra hands Ocras' staff over to him. "Ahh, you are feeling well then - good to see." **
(1619) Jaron: "Ah, well, thank you, I apologize, I have a tendency to let my curiousity get the better of me."
(1557) Calehan: "When you said you touched the orb before, how did it happen?"
** (1561) Ocras takes the staff and cradles it like a mother would a child. **
** (1605) Helisandra smiles at the sight. **
(1561) Ocras: "My own curiosity got the better of me. Then it seemed as if it had grown larger -- or perhaps I shrank. There were hands reaching up from inside, or perhaps I was dragged down into it. It was a tug of war that I eventually lost. When I awoke, the spirit of the orb was inside me and we fought for control."
** (1560) Tian follows behind Ocras waiting to escort him back to the Cabin **
(1557) Calehan: "In other words, you were curious what it did and that led to complications?"
** (1561) Ocras nods. **
(1619) Jaron: "How long after all that did I stumble upon you outside your cabin?"
(1561) Ocras: "I was exploring a ruin to the north of here that predated the Second Age and happened upon it."
(1561) Ocras: "I don't know."
(1561) DM: (we should stop here)
(1605) Helisandra: (( k ))
(1561) DM: (you should post on the list what you want to do in the next few days)
(1561) DM: (its downtime so take advantage of it)
(1605) Zane: After all - what better way to end the game then to say - "I don't know."
(1561) DM: (Acererak certainly will)


Back to MelNethra Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms