Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
11 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
9 Guests
Registered Users: Dog Ate Homework, GeorgeGem


Back to MelNethra Logs
(10) Ian Cromwell (enter): 21:14

(10) Ian Cromwell (enter): 21:14
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (10) Ian Cromwell...
(3) DM: (87) Garret: "Shall we knock on the lid and see if she's in, then?"
(82) Calehan: "It'd be more polite, I guess."
(84) Helisandra: "Why not?"
** (84) Helisandra moves up to the sarcophogas and begins searching it for any traps, before anyone touches it. **
** (87) Garret follows heli to the sarcophogus **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] => [17,28] = (45) => [8,28] => (8, 28) = (36)
(84) Helisandra: "Careful, there is something on the seal. Maybe you should stand back from it a little Garret."
** (87) Garret takes a few stabs back, as suggested **
** (84) Helisandra Heli moves to the head of the sarcophagus, on the far side from the seal, and knocks on the container. "Hello, Ulzaada?" **
(89) DM: By the way, the hippo statue waddles into the room.
(84) Helisandra: (( Tzolo, not Ulzaada... I forgot which name I had in my clipboard... ))
(89) DM: Nothing immediately occurs.
** (84) Helisandra looks to Garret, "Either she's not home, or can't hear me." **
** (87) Garret looks to the Hippo. "Maybe he should knock instead." **
(82) Calehan: "Either of those would be good news."
(88) Tian Keth: "Use the tusk you kept to knock"
(84) Helisandra: "Guess we have to do this the rude way." She moves back to the seal, searching it over very carefully, trying to pinpoint what she halfway found earlier.
(84) Helisandra: (( strike that. ))
(84) Helisandra: "You think that even though it is made of stone, it counts as ivory?
(87) Garret: "Works for me."
(82) Calehan: "I didn't build the place, but it does represent something that is ivory."
** (84) Helisandra walks over to the nearest fly statue and after saying, "Execuse me, I need to borrow this," she takes the red clay sword from the statue. **
(89) DM: The weapon slips out of the statue's grasp.
(84) Helisandra: "It was ivory blade and crimson sword, yes?" Heli takes out the red tusk as well, and with one in each hand, she tries to knock on the head of the sarcophagus with the two items.
(89) DM: The scimitar shatters.
(89) DM: Otherwise, nothing happens. :)
(82) Calehan: "At least we know the weapons aren't too dangerous. I think."
** (84) Helisandra returns the tusk to her pack. "Guess we do this the rude way. Unless there are any other ideas." **
(88) Tian Keth: "I got nothing"
** (84) Helisandra moves back to the seal, searching it over very carefully, trying to pinpoint what she halfway found earlier. **
(87) Garret: "Was the green tusk ivory?"
(84) Helisandra: (( checking ))
(84) Helisandra: "No, both were just painted stone. Ok, I can't get a good read on the seal, but there is something on it. Unfortunately, I can't tell what it is, or how to take care of it - only that it is activated on breaking the seal."
(84) Helisandra: "So, anyone got any good spells to sling at it, that would likely be safer than standing there and busting it by hand."
(89) DM: The clay statue stands in the entrance of the chamber, waiting silently.
(82) Calehan: "I can agree with that. Hmm."
** (84) Helisandra backs up to the doorway, to the clay elephant. "Do you know how to open it? Help Tzolo, open sarcophagus." **
** (82) Calehan casts a brief spell and examines the sarcophagus, and seal especially, for anything aside from the tomb's usual glow. (detect magic) **
(88) Tian Keth: "Try giving the tusk to the statue following us"
(84) Helisandra: (( *hippo - too many animals... ))
(89) DM: It waddles over to the sarcophagus.
whispering to Donovan, enchantment/charm on the seal
** (84) Helisandra nods to Tian, but then notices the hippo making his way. "Calehan, look out." **
** (82) Calehan avoids the hippo as he backs down the hall away from the sarcophagus. **
(89) DM: It breaks the seal on the sarcophagus and begins to lift the lid of the coffin.
(82) Calehan: "It was definitely enspelled. Not with anything that could affect a statue though."
(84) Helisandra: "So, it's good to know that talking to things around here can help."
(89) DM: The golem lifts the lid of the sarcophagus and places it gently on the floor next to the coffin. Within is a woman clad in flowing red robes. A deep-green silk kerchief is inscribed with a glowing white rune and covers her face. Her raven-black hair is visible and gathered through a platinum loop set with a small emerald. In her right hand, she holds a gleaming iron bastard sword with an obsidian hilt; it's blade is jagged and serrated. A ridged white ivory ring is on her left index finger. In her left hand, she clutches a blue metal box to her breast.
** (88) Tian Keth places his sword on her neck as a precotion **
** (82) Calehan edges close enough to be able examine the contents for any magic. **
whispering to Donovan, oh yes
whispering to Donovan, the handkerchief, the ring, the sword, her robes and in addition, a field that surrounds her body
(84) Helisandra: Hello Tzolo." Heli says, hoping that her converssations will continue to help.
(89) DM: No response.
(84) Helisandra: "Hmm, I could try the phrase in the other room, but I'm worried that might mark us an enemies, in need of being vanquished."
(82) Calehan: "I think she may be in stasis, though I have no other clues how it could be ended."
(87) Garret: "Yeah... let's not do that."
(84) Helisandra: "Last time we came across someone like this, when I tried to retrieve something, it awoke. Oh, idea." She moves to the hipppo, and looking at it, says, "Help Tzolo out of sarcophagus. Leave all else."
(89) DM: (I need to know where you are in relation to the sarcophagus. Please let me know in terms of feet.)
(87) Garret: (just inside the door)
(84) Helisandra: (( depends on where the hippo stopped ))
(88) Tian Keth: (( standing right next to it on the oposit side as the hippo man ))
(89) DM: (inside the door)
(87) Garret: (and a step to the right for hippo crossing)
(82) Calehan: ((60 feet away from the farthest end from the door, assuming it's not more than 5 feet high.))
(95) Ian Cromwell: ( just outside the room)
(89) DM: (well the room is 50' square, so you would be in the corridor behind Tian then)
(84) Helisandra: (( then to the left of the hippo, on opposite side of it from Garret. ))
(89) DM: (ok)
(95) Ian Cromwell: ( about 40 feet from it)
(89) DM: (so inside the room then, Cale?)
(82) Calehan: ((At least 10 feet in the hall, from those dimensions))
(89) DM: The hippo waddles over to the sarcophagus and lifts the handkerchief off her face...
(88) Tian Keth: (( sorry I though the hippo man stayed next to the coffin. my sword is resting on the womans neck, so thats how close I am ))

(3) DM: (let's go)
(3) DM: ...and chaos breaks loose.
(3) DM: There is a blur of motion as the handkerchief is raised...
(3) DM: (roll init)
(1) Dj Gilcrease: INIT: [1d20+15] => [16,15] = (31)
(8) Zane: "I didn't mean... Well bright shining damnation."
(2) Donovan: Initiative: [1d20+4] => [18,4] = (22)
(8) Helisandra: "I didn't mean... Well bright shining damnation."
(8) Helisandra: Initiative: [1d20+8] => [4,8] = (12)
(6) Garret: Init: [1d20+3] => [16,3] = (19)
(10) Ian Cromwell: Init: [1d20+5] => [3,5] = (8)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] => [13,10] = (23)
(2) Calehan: "I think that was the wake up call."
(3) DM: Tzolo, in all her glory stands ready to face you in melee combat. Directly hovering over the center of the sarcophagus is a glowing red-orange bead of light that was NOT there a moment ago.
(3) Tzolo, Mistress of the Iron Circle: "Fools! Prepare to meet thy doom!"
(3) DM: (Tian, 31)
(3) DM: There are seven copies of Tzolo alongside her.
** (1) Tian Keth moves over to the new person in the room (the [1d8] => [5] = (5) version of her) and puts his sword to her neck "Oh shut up and hand over the ring and go deal with your foolish lover Azerak, Azer whatever the stupid heads name was." ((Ready action to attack if she make a threatening move or tries to cast a spell)) **
** (3) Tzolo, Mistress of the Iron Circle merely sneers and begins casting. **
(3) DM: (AOO)
** (1) Tian Keth strikes out with his sword **
** (1) Tian Keth thrusts Frenzy Fang out in a quick stabing motion **
(1) Tian Keth: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 1): [1d20+30] => [2,30] = (32)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [2,14] = (16) ))
(3) DM: One of the images vanishes.
** (1) Tian Keth growls and strikes out at the on on his left ((My delayed action)) **
** (1) Tian Keth thrusts Frenzy Fang out in a quick stabing motion **
(1) Tian Keth: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 1): [1d20+30] => [2,30] = (32)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [5,14] = (19) ))
** (3) Tzolo, Mistress of the Iron Circle reaches out to Tian and brushes his shoulder lightly, whispering, "I command thee to dance." **
(3) DM: Another image vanishes.
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, and you begin dancing
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, -4 to AC, -10 to Reflex and no AC bonuses to shields (if any) for the duration of the dance, and you provoke AOOs
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, and while dancing, you can't attack
(3) DM: (Cale, 22)
** (2) Calehan incants quickly after the mage and white light cuts through the room to sever spells. (area G. Dispel Magic) **
(2) Calehan: "No time for dancing, sorry."
(3) DM: All the images vanish except for Tzolo.
(3) DM: (Gar, 19)
(6) Garret: "That's more like it." :The swordsman grins as the field is cleared. With a sudden step forward he begins a rush round the coffin and up behind the witch's back. His sword cuts out cleanly as he arrives.
(6) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana Attack Roll: [1d20+27] => [19,27] = (46) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+6] => [5,4,1,3,6] = (19)
(6) Garret: (crit chance?)
(3) DM: She's not nearly as injured as you would expect.
(6) Garret: (crit chance or sneak dmg?)
(3) DM: (crit)
(6) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana Attack Roll: [1d20+27] => [2,27] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+6] => [10,4,6,3,6] = (29)
(11) Zane (enter): 21:47
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (11) Zane...
(3) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(8) Zane' from room...
(8) Zane (exit): 21:48
(6) Garret: (eesh... +2 for flank, 31 ac.... do I get sneak dmg for flank?)
(3) DM: (12, Heli)
(3) DM: (yep)
(6) Garret: Sneak: [1d6] => [6] = (6) + (if crit hit) [1d6] => [3] = (3)
** (11) Helisandra clicks her heels together (haste) and rushes over to Tzolo, drawing out her rapier as she does, moving with incredible speed around Garret to the far side of Txolo, slashing out once as she moves into position. **
(11) Helisandra: Hasted Rapier Attack: [1d20+25] => [14,25] = (39) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+7] => [4,7] = (11)
(3) DM: You merely nick her.
(3) DM: (8, Ian)
** (10) Ian Cromwell draws his heavy flail as he approaches the woman," In the name of Solnor,you shall perish this day." **
(10) Ian Cromwell: Icy Burst Heavy Flail of Disruption (base): [1d20+27] => [11,27] = (38) ===> Damage: [1d10+0+1d10] => [4,0,1] = (5)
(10) Ian Cromwell: Critical hit? [1d20+17] => [12,17] = (29) ===> Damage: [2d10+0+1d10] => [7,3,0,9] = (19)
(10) Ian Cromwell: Icy Burst Heavy Flail of Disruption (forth): [1d20+12] => [19,12] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d10+0+1d10] => [5,0,10] = (15)
(10) Ian Cromwell: Critical hit? [1d20+12] => [13,12] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d10+0+1d10] => [6,8,0,6] = (20)
(10) Ian Cromwell: Icy Burst Heavy Flail of Disruption (second): [1d20+22] => [2,22] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d10+0+1d10] => [5,0,2] = (7)
(10) Ian Cromwell: Icy Burst Heavy Flail of Disruption (third): [1d20+17] => [17,17] = (34) ===> Damage: [1d10+0+1d10] => [3,0,8] = (11)
(3) DM: hm...
(3) DM: (so 4 attacks?)
(3) DM: (or is it 6?)
(1) Tian Keth: (( looks like 4 to me, with the chit checks for 2 ))
(11) Helisandra: (( 4 attacks, two crit checks, or so it appears ))
(10) Ian Cromwell: ( well it was only a 5' step to attack so full attack)
(6) Garret: (4 attacks with 3 crit checks... it is kinda hard to read in all that orange)
(6) Garret: (er.. 2 crits.. right)
(3) DM: (the crit checks fail, so 3 hits)
(3) DM: Somehow, she's not as injured as you think she would have been.
(3) DM: (31, Tian)
** (1) Tian Keth howls "I dont like dancing!" **
** (1) Tian Keth thrusts Frenzy Fang out in a quick stabing motion **
(1) Tian Keth: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 1): [1d20+30+2] => [1,30,2] = (33)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [2,14] = (16) ))
** (1) Tian Keth quickly shifts the thrust into a right to left sweep **
(1) Tian Keth: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 2): [1d20+25+2] => [19,25,2] = (46)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [4,14] = (18) ))
(6) Garret: (as in she barely has a scratch? Or more, "why does she still have a head left?))
(1) Tian Keth: (( Frenzy Fang (Crit Check): [1d20+27] => [11,27] = (38) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [6,14] = (20) Vorpal Effect. ))
** (1) Tian Keth finishes with a downward left to right cross attack **
(1) Tian Keth: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 3): [1d20+20+2] => [8,20,2] = (30)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] => [3,14] = (17) ))
(3) DM: (1 is a fumble)
(1) Tian Keth: (( reflex check? ))
(3) DM: Her head flies off, and the glowing bead explodes as her body bursts into a column of fire.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [18d6] => [6,6,4,3,3,2,1,2,2,5,5,6,1,3,3,5,4,6] = (67)
(3) DM: (All, Reflex)
(6) Garret: Reflex save: [1d20+12] => [12,12] = (24)
(3) DM: (except for Cale and the hippo)
(1) Tian Keth: Reflex save: [1d20+20] => [12,20] = (32)
(11) Helisandra: Reflex: [1d20+20] => [5,20] = (25)
(10) Ian Cromwell: Reflex save: [1d20+16] => [15,16] = (31)
(3) DM: (and another Reflex from Tzolo's death effect)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [12d8] => [2,4,8,5,3,2,5,2,3,8,5,6] = (53)
(6) Garret: Reflex save: [1d20+12] => [19,12] = (31)
(11) Helisandra: Reflex: [1d20+20] => [19,20] = (39)
(10) Ian Cromwell: Reflex save: [1d20+16] => [13,16] = (29)
(3) DM: (except for Cale and the hippo)
whispering to Zane, 33 damage from the fireball
whispering to Zane, 0 damage from the column of fire
(3) DM: (except for Cale, the hippo and Heli, everyone else takes 59 damage altogether)
(3) DM: As for Tzolo, well her body is a corpse, her items are all destroyed and her head lies in a corner.
(1) Tian Keth: (( [130-59] => 71 I am lazy ))
** (6) Garret is knocked prone by the firey assault, his coat smoldering in the aftermath as he lies motionless on the floor a moment. He is kind enough to alert that he is still alive though, by languidly asking, "Why are we doing this again?" **
** (1) Tian Keth pats out a few flames and walks over to the head and kicks it "Could have just given us the ring" **
(2) Calehan: "That's why I'm standing over here."
** (2) Calehan strides into the room in the explosive aftermath. **
** (6) Garret sits up, patting out the flames on his hide coat. **
(3) DM: The clay hippo waits patiently in the corner.
(10) Ian Cromwell: " Well now what? I see no other way out of here,usually there is a door or a spell that sends us to the next place."
(1) Tian Keth: "We are trying to get get a ring to give the dragon for an orb, But my guess is those of greater evil then this thing was already have the orb, or will very soon if we dont get there. Cale can you bring us out of here now?"
(14) Zane (enter): 22:07
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (14) Zane...
(3) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(11) Zane' from room...
(11) Zane (exit): 22:08
(2) Calehan: "I can give it another try."
** (1) Tian Keth picks up the head and walks over to Cale **
** (6) Garret peers aside to Tian. "I meant more in a 'Oh, why me?' sort of way... but... yeah. ya seem to grasp the issue." **
(2) Calehan: "Let's make sure we have what we came for, as well."
** (6) Garret gets up, in spite of his piled injuries, resheathing his blade and ready and anxios to leave. **
** (2) Calehan puts away his daggers as he approaches the sarcophagus. **
** (10) Ian Cromwell walks over to Calehan,places his hand on his shoulder,it glows a soft blue," May Solnor grant me the wisdom to aide you." ( LoH for 32 hp to Calehan) **
(3) DM: The bottom of the sarcophagus is stone.
** (10) Ian Cromwell then walks over to Garret and places his hand gently on his shoulder,his hand glows a soft blue, **
(3) DM: It's engraved with runes.
** (1) Tian Keth holds up the head "The dragon can chew on her head for all I care, his head will come off just as easy if he does not give us the orb." **
** (14) Helisandra pats out some smoldering on her back from the fireball. "Well, that wasn't as bad at it could have been, I guess. **
** (10) Ian Cromwell looks down into the sarcophagus and reads the runes. **
(2) Calehan: "The close quarters played out to our advantage."
** (14) Helisandra looks down to the headless corpse of Tzolo, looking to make sure they collected everything from her body. **
(10) Ian Cromwell: " Herein lies Tzila,sister to our mistress Tzolo,may she avenge the Tzolo for the wrongs done to her by Acererak."
(14) Helisandra: "Speaking of the drake - we still need that ring."
(6) Garret: "Tzila? You're telling me we killed the wrong bitch?"
(10) Ian Cromwell: " So it seems."
** (2) Calehan looks over at the wreckage in the corner. "Then that wasn't actually Tzolo." **
(2) Calehan: "It sounds like Acererak may have killed Tzolo."
** (14) Helisandra looks around the room. "Then I guess we better get moving to find her." **
** (1) Tian Keth hold up the head in Ian's face, "Ian can you talk to the dead? I have heard some of your ilk can." **
(6) Garret: :scoffs at the inscription: "Avenge against Acerak. If we have the same goal, why do these idiots keep attacking us?"
(2) Calehan: "Paranoia and xenophobia."
** (10) Ian Cromwell looks at Tian," No I can not speak to the dead,though you are correct in what you have heard Tian,I am a destroyer of the dead." **
(6) Garret: "I prefer the term crazy as hell."
(14) Helisandra: "That too Garret."
(10) Ian Cromwell: " Perhaps we should place her head back in the crypt."
** (1) Tian Keth lowers the head, "Well if the ring isnt here or was destroyed lets see if we can leave now" **
(3) DM:
The hippo waits patiently.
** (6) Garret turns to the hippo. "Maybe you know where the ring is, neh?" **
(3) DM:
It holds out its hand expectantly.
(1) Tian Keth:
"I am taking it to the dragon, unless we have the ring"
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" I wonder if we give the head to the hippo,perhaps it can lead us to the next area."
** (6) Garret looks at the hippo's hand, before turning to the others, "Do magical constructs accept gratuities?" **
(2) Calehan:
"They do whatever they've been told to do."
** (1) Tian Keth shrugs and tosses the head to the hippo, then wonders how it got over here remembering the small door they had to come though **
(3) DM:
The statue ignores the head of Tzila and instead holds out its hand expectantly.
** (14) Helisandra begins looking around the coffin, inside and outside. **
** (1) Tian Keth goes an picks it back up **
** (6) Garret strolls over to the hippo, taking a coin from his pouch, like one they'd found over the eyes of the dead in this place, and hands it to the hippo. **
** (14) Helisandra starts fiddling with the base of the coffin. **
(3) DM:
It drops the coin and holds out its hand expectantly.
(2) Calehan:
"Try the red tusk you took off the statue."
(6) Garret:
"Was there something about paying this guy in one of those riddles?"
** (14) Helisandra pulls out a small iron box and after a moment of looking, opens the box up. **
(14) Helisandra:
"The red tusk is in my pack if you want it. If we want to pay him, these might help..."
(6) Garret:
"What'd you find? Hippo feed?"
(14) Helisandra:
"Better, gems.":
(6) Garret:
"That's better for us anyway."
(2) Calehan:
"Hmm, it might be gems."
(14) Helisandra:
"Of course." Heli looks through the gems, getting a quick count, before closing the box and adding it to he pack, while she takes the red tusk out of it.
** (14) Helisandra walks over to the hippo, with the red tusk in her hand. She sets one end of it in the hippo's hand, while holding onto the other end so that it won't be dropped to the floor. **
(3) DM:
Its hand closes over the tusk and it waddles out of the room.
(14) Helisandra:
"Guess it was the red tusk. Must open that other door in the hallway."
(2) Calehan:
"Well, there it goes."
** (14) Helisandra follows the hippo. **
** (2) Calehan follows the hippo, keeping it in sight. **
** (1) Tian Keth follows after the other carring the head **
(3) DM:
It enters the statue room and exits into the colonnade.
** (14) Helisandra keep up right behind the hippo. **
** (6) Garret follows back with the others **
** (10) Ian Cromwell brings up the rear, as he follows the others **
** (1) Tian Keth dunks the head in the water to clean any blood off it quickly then follows the others **
(3) DM:
It continues waddling down the corridor and stops at the opening, then begins screwing the tusk into place.
** (14) Helisandra stops as the hippo does, about ten feet away from it. **
(3) DM:
After a moment, the tusk forms the handle of a now visible door. The hippo commences opening the door.
** (14) Helisandra draws out her rapier, and takes a defensive stance. **
(3) DM:
After a moment, it's fully open whereupon the hippo melts into a pile of white clay.
(3) DM:
A passage is revealed, letting loose a puff of musty damp air.
(14) Helisandra:
"Guess that means we don't have to pay him at all then."
** (14) Helisandra starts into the passage, checking out the way as she goes for any traps. **
** (1) Tian Keth follows closly behind Heli **
(1) Tian Keth:
(( AFK for a smoke ))
** (2) Calehan stands back out of harm's way for now. **
** (14) Helisandra continues down the hall. **
** (6) Garret follows along **
** (10) Ian Cromwell steps over the pile of white clay as he follows Tian andHelisandra down the hallway. **
** (14) Helisandra only stops upon reaching the doorway at the end, looking into the room before passing through the doorway. **
(3) DM:
Eventually the passage comes up into a well appointed burial chamber. An inscription can be seen engraved in the ceiling of the archway. A large woven rug depicting three great fanged elephant heads lies at the center of the chamber. The walls are painted dizzying geometric designs of red, gold and green. A pair of pure gold candelabra flank the coffin, each holding a dozen burning vermoillon candles that give off a spicy scent. A casket lies on a block of reddish marble, 4' high. IT is made of finely finished mahogany with handles of pure silver. Light inlays of walnut on the coffin lid depict the four mud sorcerer symbols.
** (10) Ian Cromwell reads the inscription **
(6) Garret:
"This better be her." :grumbles as they come to the new crypt: "I'm getting tired of opening caskets."
(14) Helisandra:
"I think we found Tzolo."
** (2) Calehan brings up the rear, keeping everyone in sight. **
(14) Helisandra:
"What's it say?" she asks Ian.
(10) Ian Cromwell:
"Thou hast reached the inner sanctum of Tzolo. Tzolo sleeps, waiting for the predestined time of the Jezulein Rebirth. Gloat not, lest thy pride usher in thy Unalterable Doom."
(14) Helisandra:
"Great. Why can't even one of these fools just stay dead?"
** (14) Helisandra enters the room, and heads first to the opposite side from the coffin. she makes her way around the room, checking for traps as she makes her way to the sarcophagus, also searching it over for traps. **
(6) Garret:
"Okay... who's for binding the casket shut, carrying it out of here and dropping it off a cliff before we open it?"
(2) Calehan:
"But where can we find a cliff high enough?"
(14) Helisandra:
"If we did that - you could gaurantee that the ring Briochet wants is in there."
(1) Tian Keth:
"If we can get out of here, remember that the exit it blocked and we need something to open it from this side"
(6) Garret:
:shurgs: "Maybe we should try humbling knocking on the lid first, this time."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] => [2,28] = (30)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28[
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] => [14,28] = (42)
** (14) Helisandra spends quite a bit of time on the sarcophagus, checking it over. **
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Perhaps I should bless the area before we disturb the dead."
(6) Garret:
:pantomimes knocking onthe lid: "Pardon us, we're trying to vanquish Acerak, and we'd wondering if you could help us... as opposed to attacking us for no good damned reason."
(14) Helisandra:
"Go for it Ian."
(2) Calehan:
"You mean there's no traps?"
(14) Helisandra:
"I found nothing." Heli stands, but takes a couple steps back from the sarcophagus.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] => [5,28] = (33)
(3) DM:
(Heli is the only one in the room, correct?)
(10) Ian Cromwell:
( yes for the moment)
(2) Calehan:
((Probably. Tian?))
(14) Helisandra:
(( yeah, Heli's shadow, I mean Tian, always seems to follow her... ))
(1) Tian Keth:
(( Aye ))
(1) Tian Keth:
(( though Garret would have to be as well if he knocked on the lid ))
(2) Calehan:
((It's only pantomiming.))
(1) Tian Keth:
(( Ahh I missed that part =P ))
(3) DM:
((ok, so...what now?))
(14) Helisandra:
(( waiting to see if Ian is actually going to do what he said. ))
(2) Calehan:
"While Ian does that, I suppose I'll take a look myself."
(3) DM:
(give a moment, and if he doesn't respond, we should continue)
** (2) Calehan casts Detect Magic before stepping under the archway to look around the room. **
** (10) Ian Cromwell enters the room,taking off his pack. **
** (10) Ian Cromwell opens his pack,speaking softly he pulls out a small wooden box,he places the box on the floor,he opens it up taking out a small silver bowl and the symbol of Solnor. **
** (10) Ian Cromwell takes some of his holy water and pours it into the bowl,he takes the bowl and pours the water onto the floor around the coffin," In the name of Solnor I bless this ground." once all the water has been emptied onto the floor he takes the bowl back to his box and begins to put everything away. **
(10) Ian Cromwell:
Fortitude save: [1d20+18] => [4,18] = (22)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4+10] => [4,10] = (14)
** (10) Ian Cromwell stands up alittle shakily,he shakes his head to clear his thoughts **
** (10) Ian Cromwell looks around the room,his eyes half open,he takes a step and falls to his knees. **
(3) DM:
The paladin falls asleep.
** (14) Helisandra looks back to Ian as he falls over, asleep. "I know we have gone longer without rest, but apparently Ian is having trouble keeping up." **
** (6) Garret watches the apparently narcoleptic paladin, "Please tell me he was just sleepy." **
(2) Calehan:
"I don't see anything either."
(14) Helisandra:
"What else would it be? Apparently he just couldn't keep with us after all."
** (6) Garret strolls into the room and over to Ian. Nudging the paladin with a firm boot, the swordsman calls down, "Oi, wake up. We don't have time for napping in strange places." **
whispering to Lunauc, I need you to make a Fort save
(3) DM:
He's in a deep sleep and doesn't respond.
** (14) Helisandra looks over the sarcophagus, trying to figure out how it opens. (Not actually opening it yet). **
(6) Garret:
Fortitude save: [1d20+19] => [11,19] = (30)
** (1) Tian Keth wanders around the room **
whispering to Lunauc, The odor of the candles is quite pleasant compared to everything else about this tomb.
(6) Garret:
[1d10] => [1] = (1)
(6) Garret:
(oops. ignore that)
(6) Garret:
"Hmm..."
(14) Helisandra:
"I'll admit, resting does sound good again - but I'd rather finish this thing first as well. Try something a bit stronger to wake him."
** (6) Garret moves over toward the coffin, or more specifically the candelabras and begins snuffing the flames. **
(14) Helisandra:
"I think I can open this up, but I'd rather have everyone with us before doing so."
(1) Tian Keth:
Fortitude save: [1d20+16] => [19,16] = (35)
(6) Garret:
:to Heli, while extinguishing candles: "Sure you don't want to try knocking first, this time?"
(14) Helisandra:
"I tried that last time, for all the good it did. But then again - this one actually is Tzolo, so I guess it can't hurt."
whispering to Lunauc, eventually you do
(6) Garret:
"Hmph... hopefully it is."
** (6) Garret turns after snuffing the candles, and kicks Ian once more in the rump to rouse his, "Oi! Wake up!" **
** (14) Helisandra steps up to the sarcophagus, and raps her knuckles against the top of the coffin. "M'dam Tzolo, we would appreciate your assistance in defeating Acereak." **
(3) DM:
He doesn't.
(6) Garret:
"Che..."
(3) DM:
The coffin lid springs open and reveals a corpse shrouded in red silk.
** (14) Helisandra hops back. "Well, I wasn't expecting that reaction." **
** (6) Garret raises a hand to his sword the instant the coffin opens, but hesitates for a further action. **
** (1) Tian Keth spins to the coffin having been on the far side of the room **
(14) Helisandra:
"Umm, nor is that what I expected. Garret, come see this."
(2) Calehan:
"I guess she really is dead, for now."
** (14) Helisandra shakes her head at Calehan. "Not necessarily." **
(6) Garret:
:raises a brow, watching the corpse a moment before speaking: "Madam Tzolo...?" :he offers a respectful bow, though slow and cautious, "PLease forgive us for disturbing your slumber."
(14) Helisandra:
"Does the corpse look like you expect?" she asks Garret, be careful not to mention her suspicions until Garret can confirm.
** (6) Garret shrugs. "I had no idea what to expect, thus far." **
whispering to Lunauc, it's a corpse, not of a woman, shrouded in red silk
** (6) Garret scratches his head. "Though.. .... wasn't Tzolo a woman?" **
(14) Helisandra:
"That's what I thought as well. Acererak?>
** (6) Garret moves toward the coffin, looking it and it's inhabitant over for any signet, symbol, name plate o other form of identification. **
(2) Calehan:
"A graverobbing maybe? Or a ruse?"
(14) Helisandra:
"Not sure. But as Garret mentioned, it's hard to know what to expect down here."
(6) Garret:
"Hmmm...was it ever specifically mentioned that Tzolo was a woman?"
(14) Helisandra:
"Now that you mention a ruse..." Heli glances at the far wall, where she saw something out of the corner of her eye earlier. She heads to the (north?) wall, and searches, trying to find the exact location of the door she noticed earlier.
(3) DM:
(are you removing the silk shroud?)
(6) Garret:
(not yet)
(6) Garret:
(though I figured it was transparent if I could make out the gender through it)
(3) DM:
(no, the gender is quite obvious)
** (14) Helisandra makes a door appear in the west wall. "Found another way out." **
(6) Garret:
0.o ((I don't want to know.))
** (14) Helisandra searches the ex-hidden door for traps, before opening it up. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] => [4,28] = (32)
(2) Calehan:
"Oh. I was wondering where the treasure was, too."
** (14) Helisandra opens the door, to expose what lies beyond it. **
(14) Helisandra:
"Yeah, this must lead somewhere. And if we don't have to disturb whoever that is, we're better off."
** (6) Garret draws a steady breath before attempting a practice in futility and talking to the corpse, "Tzolo. if that is you... we come before you seeking a ring to aid in our battle against Acerak. If you are his enemy and you can aid us, please bequeath us the ring." **
(3) DM:
The corpse does not respond.
** (6) Garret shrugs. "Eh... was worth a try." **
(3) DM:
Ian continues sleeping like a baby. :)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] => [9,28] = (37)
** (14) Helisandra sees the hallway exposed by the now open door and begins making her way down the hall, searching for traps as she moves. **
** (14) Helisandra continues down the hall, pausing before the next room, surveying it before entering. **
(3) DM:
[1d4] => [3] = (3)
** (1) Tian Keth follows Heli **
(3) DM:
[1d4] => [3] = (3)
** (14) Helisandra looks back to Tian, indicating the writing on the archway entrance. "Of course Ian decided to take a nap." **
(2) Calehan:
"Hmm."
** (1) Tian Keth looks at the writing to see if it is in a language he knows **
** (2) Calehan ponders how to deal with Ian's naptime. **
(14) Helisandra:
"Let's get back to the others, and wait for Ian to wake up."
(2) Calehan:
"I can't carry him, and it wouldn't be safe to bring him unconscious into danger anyway."
(17) No Name (enter): 23:55
** (2) Calehan heads around Ian to check on Heli and Tian. **
** (14) Helisandra heads back to the previous room, where the rest of the group waits. "Well, there is aqnother room back there. With water and what appears to be a ship. Crazy place." **
(6) Garret:
"A ship?"
(14) Helisandra:
"Yeah. Oh, and another of those stone faces."
(2) Calehan:
"That's a strange thing to be buried in."
(3) DM:
(going to assume that Heli and Tian meet Cale halfway)
(14) Helisandra:
(( sure, and then all three of us return so that Garret hears what we found. :P ))
(14) Helisandra:
"Maybe so. But there is more of that writing above the doorway, so I'd prefer to have Ian up and about so he can read it for us."
(14) Helisandra:
"Maybe we should try to rest some. As long as Ian here is sleeping. And I know that I could use some."
** (10) Ian Cromwell opens his eyes,as he looks around,he raises himself to his knees as he looks at the others," What....what happened?" **
(14) Helisandra:
"You took a nap sleepy. Now that we are all awake, should we see just who is in this coffin, or see what's in that ship?"
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Ship?"
(14) Helisandra:
"Yeah, in the next room. Also, more writing at the entrance for you to read. Although the writing here lied, unless Tzolo is a male."
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Well let us see what is in this coffin before we go and wake up the dead in the next room."
(2) Calehan:
"Sounds thorough. Go for it."
** (10) Ian Cromwell walks over to the now open coffin and looks in. **
(3) DM:
Within lies a corpse, shrouded in red silk.
** (10) Ian Cromwell reaches in and pulls the red silk off to the side so that he can get a better look at the corpse. **
** (14) Helisandra draws out her rapier as Ian reaches out for the shroud. "Wait." she says, too late. **
(3) DM:
It's just a corpse. Or so it seems.
** (2) Calehan draws his daggers, just in case. **
** (10) Ian Cromwell pulls the red silk robe all the way off the corpse. **
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Perhaps this is a servant of Tzolo Helisandra."
(14) Helisandra:
"Well, that was anticlimatic."
(3) DM:
Albeit a well-cared for corpse. He wears jewelry composed of worked platinum covered with geometric etchings and glyphs, wide bracelets on his wrists, a broad collar around his neck, three golden rings bearing the heads of a pig, camel and hippo, a perfectly fitting fanged face mask, a breastplate of hammered platinum bearing strange etchings and set with six peridots, rotted green robes and soiled linen strips.
(14) Helisandra:
"Perhaps. After the last one and her neckerchief, I didn't trust the shroud."
(14) Helisandra:
"Wow, that's just kind of scary."
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Well he is adorned with alot of stuff,not sure if any of it is what we need.
(14) Helisandra:
"None of it appears to be, at least not what we need for Briocht."
(2) Calehan:
"I do believe that is every symbol I've seen in this place."
** (1) Tian Keth picks up the mask and holds it to his face
"Anyone have a something I can see my relection in?" **
** (14) Helisandra pulls out a small mirror. **
** (10) Ian Cromwell takes the bracelets,the collar,the three and the breastplate,since Tian took the mask. **
(10) Ian Cromwell:
*rings
(6) Garret:
:to Tian: "That was just on a dead guy..."
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" I think we should have someone tell us if any of this is magical when we have the time."
** (1) Tian Keth looks in the mirror
"Interesting" and he puts it in his bag. "Can we move on now?" **
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Yes,Helisandra would you show me the other room please."
** (14) Helisandra puts her mirror away. **
(14) Helisandra:
Yes, this way." Heli leads the through the hidden door to the room with a ship. She points out the writing above the doorway entrance to Ian.
** (10) Ian Cromwell stops at the entrance and reads the inscription. **
** (2) Calehan follows through the door now. **
(14) Helisandra:
(( brb, smoke. ))
(1) Tian Keth:
(( same ))
(3) DM:
((I need a marching order))
(10) Ian Cromwell:
"The reverent shall tread with care. The irreverent shall die."
(2) Calehan:
((The back, typical.))
(10) Ian Cromwell:
( up front,between Helisandra and Tian I am guessing)
(6) Garret:
(right in front of Cale)
(14) Helisandra:
(( in front I'm guessing ))
** (6) Garret glances to Ian. "How do reverent folks walk?" **
(6) Garret:
"Head bowed piously?"
(2) Calehan:
"So, duck?
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" You are correct Garret,I am surprised."
(6) Garret:
:to cale: "Sounds like it."
(2) Calehan:
"Or maybe it means watch your step."
(6) Garret:
"Nah... that's not riddly enough."
(14) Helisandra:
"Well, let's try it." Helis bows her head, and bends her knees some, making herself slightly shorter. She then steps into the room, muttering "Praise Tzolo, death to Acererak." over and over.
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" You always seem to surprise me Garret,one such as yourself I would not think would know anything about being pious."
(6) Garret:
"Hmmm..." :bows his head in thought: "A wise man can act the fool, if only to lighten his mind."
(1) Tian Keth:
(( Tiam would be a pace behind Heli ))
** (2) Calehan watches Helisandra make her way through the room. **
** (10) Ian Cromwell bows his head and enters the room **
** (14) Helisandra makes her way into the room, and baring any effects, she begins by heading south, taking a long path around the most of the room, searching for traps as she makes her way around to the ship. She takes a moment to look over the stone door to the south, and the statue to the north. **
(3) DM:
(so Tian, Ian, Heli, Garret and Cale?)
(2) Calehan:
((I'll be watching from the doorway, as usual))
(3) DM:
(stop a minute, this is important. confirm the marching order pls or whisper it to me.)
(14) Helisandra:
(( Heli, Tian, Ian, Garret, Cale. ))
(2) Calehan:
((Correct marching order.))
(1) Tian Keth:
(( Aye the one Heli posted ))
(10) Ian Cromwell:
( Helisandra is correct in the order)
(14) Helisandra:
(( so, since this was needed before Heli entered, we can say she did not enter yet... ))
(3) DM:
As Helisandra enters the room, she drops dead.
** (2) Calehan avoids rushing forward, studying the problem first. **
** (1) Tian Keth stops in his traks **
(3) DM:
((this was needed as you entered the room but you guys type too fast))
** (2) Calehan casts Detect Magic, looking once again at the archway and room beyond. **
** (6) Garret sees the scout fall.. and silently prays she was just knocked out with a sleep spell like Ian.. as his body tightens. **
(14) Helisandra:
(( sorry... guess that's not a problem for me now. ))
** (10) Ian Cromwell enters the room with his head bowed,moving towares Helisandra **
(1) Tian Keth:
Fortitude save: [1d20+16] => [8,16] = (24)
** (1) Tian Keth squats down and raches to drag Heli back out of the room **
(3) DM:
(folks, this is important. something is going on that I need to resolve before we proceed.)
(10) Ian Cromwell:
( ok)
(3) DM:
Tian drops to the ground, dead.
whispering to Lunauc, how many hp do you have currently and how far are you from the entrance to the chamber in terms of 10s of feet?
** (6) Garret groans as Tian also drops, "Cale... what is this?" **
(2) Calehan:
"A trap?"
(2) Calehan:
"Ah, of course. There's a symbol above the door."
(6) Garret:
:jaw clenched as he looks to his fallen friends: "Can you remove it?"
(2) Calehan:
"Sort of."
(6) Garret:
"What's sort of mean?"
(2) Calehan:
"I can deactivate it, but probably not destroy it without destroying the archway; and I don't know how ornamental the arch is."
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" For now both of you stay where you are,I shall go in and retrieve Helisandra and Tian."
(2) Calehan:
"It's still active."
(2) Calehan:
"I'll deactivate it for now, if it persists through that, we can still destroy it later."
** (2) Calehan incants the increasingly common dispel magic spell and white light slices at the symbol to snuff out it's glow. **
** (10) Ian Cromwell reaches the body of Helisandra,kneels down,picks her up and carries her back to where the others are waiting,then gently lays her down onto the floor. **
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" I am a pious man Calehan,I do not think the symbol would have bothered me."
(2) Calehan:
"So it would seem."
** (6) Garret kneels beside Heli, a careful hand reaching down to full for a pulse of life. **
** (10) Ian Cromwell goes back and retrieves the body of Tian,carrying him back to the others as well," Well you have the wand Calehan." **
(2) Calehan:
"Alright, now that they're out of the way, I'm getting rid of that trap."
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Perhaps I should check out the room first Calehan."
(2) Calehan:
"It might take a while, but if it collapses now at least they won't be under it."
(2) Calehan:
"I'll do what I can with the wand while you look around though."
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" If it collapses now,we may never get out of here,this may be the room that sends us to the next area,or even out of here."
(2) Calehan:
"Just be careful yourself."
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" I shall touch nothing,trust me on that Calehan."
** (2) Calehan puts away the daggers to pull out the wand. **
(3) DM:
(I'm going to type out the description here because it's easier for all to see)
(2) Calehan:
"Alright, think pious thoughts, I guess."
** (10) Ian Cromwell enters the room once more,his head bowed his hands clasped in front of him. **
** (2) Calehan waves the wand of resurrection over the fallen, trying to get it to work. **
** (6) Garret sits silent and sorrowful beside Heli and Tian, holding th efallen scouts hand as he watches Calehan's work hopefully. **
(3) DM:
The chamber within is roughly 70' x 60' and has a domed ceiling 36' above that shines with rainbow colors like the inside of a pearly shell. A large pool of water, roughly 50' x 40' dominates the center of the room. A stone platform, about 40' x 20' resting on what seem to be eight partially submerged stone columns supports the massive bulk of a mastless wooden ship, 36' long and 12' wide.
(3) DM:
The northern wall of the room has a massive stone face, that of an evil, fanged grin. The face has tightly gritted teeth, wild, unkempt hair, huge ears, an arrogant, jutting chin and squinting eyes from which pour a steady stream of tears. The tears flow down the face and wall into an iron grate in the floor.
(3) DM:
An inscription is written above the stone face in the language of the Jezulein.
(3) DM:
A thick stone door can be seen at the south end of the chamber, inscribed with four giant mud sorcerer symbols.
** (10) Ian Cromwell walks back to the opening where the others are waiting. **
** (2) Calehan is still working with the wand when Ian finishes a brief inspection of the room. **
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Well Calehan there is another riddle."
** (2) Calehan nods. **
(10) Ian Cromwell:
"Four fair stones that bear four signs, keys to She whose tongue maligns, those who dare disturb Her sleep, Grief and woe is what they'll reap. Turn back now, thy soul to serve, or seek Her tomb, and find thy grave"
(6) Garret:
:dryly: "Couldn't find a rhyme for serve..?"
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" I am guessing Helisandra has the gems that is spoke of in the riddle,I am not sure what purpose the mastless ship serves just yet."
(6) Garret:
"Maybe none. It may just be decorative.. like a ship in a bottle."
(6) Garret:
"Or maybe symbolic, like a vessel to carry the dead into the afterlife."
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Either guess may be correct,but I am not touching anything in here."
(6) Garret:
:his voice is low and sober as he keeps his vigil over the fallen:
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Any luck bringing out fallen back Calehan?"
(10) Ian Cromwell:
*our
** (10) Ian Cromwell walks over to the mastless ship and studies it carefully not touching it. **
** (2) Calehan nods, as the the wand begins to glow, gradually suffusing the 'patients' with light. **
** (1) Tian Keth gasps but lays still eyes still closed **
** (14) Helisandra gasps air as she sits straight up. She looks around for a moment, holding her breath, before finally relaxing and breathing normally. **
** (10) Ian Cromwell calls out to Calehan," There is a way for us to board this ship,shall I go and check it out or wait for Helisandra?" **
** (2) Calehan lowers the wand, a smile spreading slowly, "Welcome back. You had us worried, you know." **
** (6) Garret lets out a sigh of relief as his friends return. Yet still, he manages, "Well, I guess we know how is irreverent now." **
** (2) Calehan turns around to answer Ian, "I don't think that would be wise. Wait there." **
** (14) Helisandra pats Garret's hand as she realizes where she is. "Thanks Calehan, as interesting as that palce is, I am glad to be back. So, have you all figured out how to get us out of here yet?" **
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Well the door to the South needs the four gems from Helisandra,tell me when she is returned Calehan."
** (14) Helisandra stands up, and smiles. "It was rather nice actually." Heli then frowns, "I think. I remember feeling happy and good, but now I can't remember anything really." **
(6) Garret:
brb
** (10) Ian Cromwell finishes studying the ship,then walks back to the archway once more,looking back at the others. **
** (1) Tian Keth sits up after a moment
"Did I fall asleep like Ian did?" **
** (10) Ian Cromwell smiles as he sees Helisandra," Welcome back." **
** (14) Helisandra hears her anme and turns to face the room. "We're back Ian. Just a moment." **
(2) Calehan:
"Asleep? I guess it might have been a bit like sleep for you."
(2) Calehan:
"Don't go anywhere."
(2) Calehan:
"There's a trap hidden in the message over the doorway."
(14) Helisandra:
"Thanks Ian. Apparently I didn't act reverently enough, huh?"
** (1) Tian Keth shrugs and stands up, checking his sword **
(14) Helisandra:
"There is?" Heli looks up, trying to pick out the trap.
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" It is not so much in the acting as in the believing Helisandra."
(2) Calehan:
"Probably where it says death in mud sorcererese."
(2) Calehan:
"It triggered when you walked under it."
(2) Calehan:
"I wouldn't bet on Tzolo skimping on making it permanent."
(14) Helisandra:
"Then, can we completely remove it so that it doesn't bother us anymore?"
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Helisandra shall I check out the ship,there is a cabin and a rudder for steering as well."
(2) Calehan:
"It won't be easy to do."
(14) Helisandra:
"Wait a moment Ian. I'd rather we all be in there before we start messing with things. But that trap has to go first."
(14) Helisandra:
"Well, maybe I can disable it Cale. If not, then simply destroy the rock it is on."
(2) Calehan:
"The problem is that it will go off if it's destroyed. It has a limited range, but..."
** (2) Calehan looks up and down the hallway. **
(2) Calehan:
"If I were setting up the trap, I'd make sure the hallway turns at just that range."
** (14) Helisandra waits to see what Calehan decides. **
(14) Helisandra:
"So, if we are all around it, you cast, and we pull you back - that should work, yes?"
(2) Calehan:
"Well, that doesn't sound risky or anything."
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Shall I wait here?
** (14) Helisandra smirks. "Isn't this whole tomb risky? Othwise, help me get up there, closer to it, and I will attempt to disable it my way." **
(14) Helisandra:
(( *Otherwise ))
(2) Calehan:
"Well, if wishes were wings, we'd all fly."
** (2) Calehan thinks over what he just said. **
(14) Helisandra:
"True, but we don't. So we have to work with what we have."
(2) Calehan:
"Come to think of it, I can fly if I wanted to."
(14) Helisandra:
"How does that help you avoid the trap's effect?"
(2) Calehan:
"Just a strange thought I had."
** (10) Ian Cromwell turns and inspects the face on the wall,still not touching anything,just seeing if the face is the same as the mask Tian took. **
(2) Calehan:
"Well, it won't work as long as it's covered, so I can fly up and stick something over it. Like my shirt."
(14) Helisandra:
"Hmm, then let's try it."
** (2) Calehan removes his shirt, then puts his vest and cloak back on. **
(2) Calehan:
"If this doesn't work out, I'm going to haunt Tzolo, wherever she is."
** (2) Calehan casts a pair of spells and begins floating a few inches from the ground. (Fly then Prestidigitation.) **
(1) Tian Keth:
(( I am nodding off, so unless there is a fight planed in the next 10 min or so I think I am gona hit the sack ))
(2) Calehan:
"You should probably not watch this, just in case."
** (14) Helisandra nods to Calehan, and then ushers Tian and Garret back down the hall, around the corner. **
** (10) Ian Cromwell waits by the ship **
** (2) Calehan floats up and over to the symbol he saw before, holding up his shirt before him like a ward. **
** (2) Calehan stops about ten feet from the arch and, letting go of his shirt, it floats in front of him rather than falling. **
(1) Tian Keth: Disconnecting from server...
(1) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 02:02
** (2) Calehan making little shooing motions it floats to the wall at a painfully slow rate. It takes about a minute for it to reach the sign and cover up the rune. **
(2) Calehan:
"Now to test it."
(14) Helisandra:
"Ok," she calls from around the corner.
** (2) Calehan flies under the arch while his shirt remains stuck to the sign above. **
(6) Garret:
:calls to calehan, from back around the corner: "Um... are you sure you don't want me to test that?"
(2) Calehan:
"I'd have to stay close to hold it up."
** (2) Calehan calls down the hall, "I do seem to be alive still." **
** (10) Ian Cromwell watches Calehan fly into the room,hoping the man does not fall to the ground dead. **
(14) Helisandra:
"Then here we come." Helisandra moves around the corner and past the doorway, into the room, keeping an eye on the shirt the entire time.
** (10) Ian Cromwell watches as the others one by one enter the room. **
** (6) Garret follows after Heli, toward the boat room **
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Well I am glad to see you all."
(14) Helisandra:
"As we are glad to see you as well. So, what have you found?"
(3) DM:
(see the description above)
** (2) Calehan waits for everyone to be through before slowly edging away from the arch and letting the shirt slide through. **
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Well the door to the South needs 4 gems,one for each symbol,and then there is the ship,there is a cabin,a wheel and a rudder."
** (2) Calehan floats up and away to a corner of the room after reclaiming his shirt. **
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" I have not touched anything."
** (14) Helisandra looks at the ship, then at the flowing water, and then finally at the door. "Is that what the writing says Ian?" **
(2) Calehan:
"Now that symbol is history."
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" No this is what the writing says Helisandra."
(10) Ian Cromwell:
"Four fair stones that bear four signs, keys to She whose tongue maligns, those who dare disturb Her sleep, Grief and woe is what they'll reap. Turn back now, thy soul to serve, or seek Her tomb, and find thy grave."
(2) Calehan:
"If everyone will stand in the far corners away from the door as well, I'll disintegrate it from out of its range on this side."
(14) Helisandra:
"Four fair stones? I doubt that refers to gems. Although, it might refer to these." She pulls out four marble stones, each one with a mud sorcerror symbol on it.
(14) Helisandra:
"Sounds good, Cale." she says, as she moves to a safe place.
(6) Garret:
"Umm... if we have the 'key' why disintigrate the door?"
(14) Helisandra:
"Now, Cale is going after that trap - so that it won't bother us anymore."
(2) Calehan:
"Because it takes several minutes to get through and requires me to lose my shirt."
(2) Calehan:
"This way we'll be able to get through quickly."
(14) Helisandra:
"The keys would be for that door to the south there."
** (6) Garret turns round from looking at the southern door. "Oh.. you mean the death symbol... yeah, trash it." **
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" What of the ship?"
(2) Calehan:
"One thing at a time."
** (10) Ian Cromwell moves over to the far corner waiting for Calehan to do his thing. **
** (2) Calehan waits for everyone to be out of the killing ground and then blasts away the arch bearing the maligned symbol. **
(3) DM:
The archway disintegrates.
(2) Calehan:
"Another successful demolition."
** (14) Helisandra heads to the stone door as soon as the archway trap is gone. "Nice work Cale." **
** (14) Helisandra looks over the stone door, searching for any traps. **
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Helisandra,before you put any of the stones in the door,perhaps you would check out the ship first."
(14) Helisandra:
"Yeah, I'm just looking right now."
** (14) Helisandra finishes, shaking her head slightly and moving to the ship. **
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" What did you find Helisandra?"
(14) Helisandra:
"Nothing. I expected to find something through."
** (14) Helisandra moves onto the ship with Ian and looks around, taking it in. **
(3) DM:
The ship is constructed out of a fine reddish wood; it's hull is supported by eight oak beams angled up from the platform, where they are sunk in iron sleeves sunk in stone. The deck is 12' above the platform and has a small cabin to the east, a covered stairway to the west and a great wheel between these two structures. The wheel is inlaid with ivory and hundreds of tiny letters in a freakish alien script. At the bottom of the stairway is a metallic door.
(6) Garret:
"Hmmm..."
(14) Helisandra:
(( and didn't Ian find a way onto the ship? ))
** (6) Garret looks between the boat and the stone door way, trying to figure it the boat could fit through **
** (2) Calehan floats overhead, reshirted. **
(10) Ian Cromwell:
( Can I read the script on the great wheel?)
(3) DM:
((yes))
(3) DM:
((yes))
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Odd to find a ship down here,I am curious as to how it got here."
(14) Helisandra:
"Yes, I am starting to have an idea about that."
(6) Garret:
"Maybe it was built in here. That's how they do it with the ones in the bottles, Though, considering we're in a wizard's tomb, I doubt it was so mundane."
(14) Helisandra:
"Can you read the script Ian?"
(10) Ian Cromwell:
"This is the great mudship Uzrivoy. Use the talisman of the Uzrivoy and wield great power over all who oppose you."
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" The wheel here tells how to use this ship."
(2) Calehan:
"Quaint."
(14) Helisandra:
"So, here's what I am thinking. It seems like these stones match up to the door. But since there is a ship and that staue is crying, I am assuming that using the stone on the door sets off a trap, even though I didn't find one. And it would seem logical that something would happen, and the flowing water would fill the room - much like that other hallway. So, I say most of us wait on the ship while one person puts the stones in place on the door. And since Cale is curretnly the one flying around..."
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" This ship can sail on water,on and through land,as well as underwater,the one who pilots the ship can breathe underwater,and those who stay in the cabin or the hold can breathe underwater as well."
(2) Calehan:
"There you have it then."
(14) Helisandra:
"Sounds like a way out for sure."
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Yes but who will pilot the ship?"
(14) Helisandra:
"But we don't have the ring yet."
(2) Calehan:
"We don't have to leave yet, but can we open up the hold?"
(14) Helisandra:
"I would say Cale again. If it is anything like the ring that we found, it would need to be a wizard."
** (14) Helisandra begins looking for a way to open the hold of the ship. **
(14) Helisandra:
(( or is that the metallic door mentioned? ))
(2) Calehan:
"Well, that'll be an experience."
(3) DM:
((maybe))
** (14) Helisandra boards the ship and heads to the metallic door, checking it for traps before trying to open it. **
** (10) Ian Cromwell opens the door to the cabin,peering inside **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] => [6,28] = (34)
** (6) Garret climbs up on deck, looking around the vessel for a moment before turning to the crew. "Okay... shall we vote for who gets to be Captain?" **
(3) DM:
A beam of scintillating colors sprays out of the lock as Ian opens the door, striking him.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10] => [7] = (7)
(2) Calehan:
"If you like. Whoever can pilot it can be the steersman."
** (2) Calehan winces at the sudden bright flare of color from the door. **
(3) DM:
(actually, the spray strikes all creatures in front of the door, so that would be Ian and Heli)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] => [5] = (5)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d9] => [8] = (8)
(14) Helisandra:
(( oh, is that the metal door at the bottom of the stairway? ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] => [3] = (3)
(3) DM:
((yes))
(10) Ian Cromwell:
Fortitude save: [1d20+18] => [14,18] = (32)
** (14) Helisandra rolls out of the way of the light. "Ian, I was working here." **
(14) Helisandra:
"Are you ok?"
(3) DM:
The area beyond the door seems larger than the dimensions of the cabin would indicate (about 20' x 30'). Cabinets line the walls but the room is otherwise empty. A spiral staircase can be seen in one corner of the cabin.
(3) DM:
(we can continue for as long as you like. up to you.)
(14) Helisandra:
(( I'm good for more, I got to sleep in today ))
(10) Ian Cromwell:
( I am good to go)
(2) Calehan:
((Doesn't matter to me. I plan to stay up maybe another 10 hours to try to get a Wii.))
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Yes I am fine,nothing more than a pretty light."
(14) Helisandra:
"Good. Now wait before you set off another one, would you?" she smiles at Ian as she enters the cabin.
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" I am sorry to have interupted you while you are working,it seems that I am becoming more like Tian in wanting to be out of this place."
(14) Helisandra:
"It's understandable, don't worry."
** (14) Helisandra searches the cabin. **
(6) Garret:
(I think I'm lagging)
(14) Helisandra:
(( just got that... ))
(14) Helisandra:
(( try the /ping again ))
(6) Garret:
((ok.. think it just caught up... like a mack truck barreling over my chat window))
(14) Helisandra:
(( lol ))
** (10) Ian Cromwell stays outside while Helisandra inspects the room. **
(14) Helisandra:
"Everything looks good here Ian, I'm gonna check out the hold. Have the others come on up for now, I'm sure Calehan would get a kick out of this."
** (2) Calehan looks around the cabin. **
(2) Calehan:
"It's spacious."
** (6) Garret heads into the cabin, looking about appraisingly. **
** (14) Helisandra is heading down the staircase, into the hold. **
** (6) Garret begins going through the cabinets for anything left behind. "I have to say, it would be nice to have a ship like this to travel in." **
whispering to Lunauc, nothing
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" How would we haul it around Garret?"
(2) Calehan:
"Just sail it everywhere."
** (14) Helisandra heads back up the staircase. "Well, the hold apears clear. And quite large, as one would expect with this ship." **
(6) Garret:
"Lovely... so... now what?"
(14) Helisandra:
"So, are we ready to see what's behind that stone door?
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Well Tian wished for a way out of here,seems this ship is what he was wishing for."
(2) Calehan:
"Yes, that would be next."
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Well if is all the same to the rest of you,I will steer the ship."
(14) Helisandra:
"Now, we just have to find the ring, and see if we can track down Acererak. Although right now, I'd be happy with just the ring."
(14) Helisandra:
"Be careful Ian. This is a mud sorcerer ship. And the mud sorcerer ring I had teleported me away when I used it, since I was not a wizard. This might have the same effect."
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" I had not thought about that Helisandra,then perhaps Calehan should be the one who steers the ship."
(14) Helisandra:
"That was the reason I suggested it earlier. If not for that ring, I would say go for it."
(2) Calehan:
"Like I said, that'll be an experience."
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Well to pilot the ship all you need is the talisman of Uzrivoy."
(2) Calehan:
"We have that?"
(14) Helisandra:
"Hmm, I guess we need to find that as well before we leave then."
** (14) Helisandra looks to Ian. **
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" I have no idea where to look Helisandra."
(14) Helisandra:
"Well, then I say we see what's behind the stone door out there, since we can't use the ship right now, even if we wanted to.
(2) Calehan:
"Let's get to that then."
** (14) Helisandra leads the way back up to the main room, and pauses. She heads to the stone face first, looking it over. **
(3) DM:
It cries a constant stream of tears which run down the stone face and the wall into a metal grate in the floor.

The tears smell faintly of roses.

(14) Helisandra:
"Nice, but strange."
** (14) Helisandra shrugs and heads over to the stone door. **
** (10) Ian Cromwell follows behind Helisandra. **
** (6) Garret heads out onto the ship's deck **
(14) Helisandra:
"If this doesn't work, there might be more to that stone face. It's ears are hollow."
** (14) Helisandra moves to the stone door and takes out the four marble disks. "Everyone ready?" **
(6) Garret:
"I suppose." :as he makes his way back down from the ship.:
(14) Helisandra:
"Ian, if anything happens - run back to the ship as quickly as you can, I'll be right behind you."
(6) Garret:
((the stone face bare any resemblance to the fanged mask Tian took off the corpse?))
(3) DM:
((nope))
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" I shall do as you ask Helisandra."
(3) DM:
((both are fanged, except the face is grinning))
** (14) Helisandra starts to match up the symbols on the disks to the symbols on the door, placing the disks with the matching symbols. **
(6) Garret:
)
(3) DM:
The disks are too large for the ovoid depressions on the door.
(6) Garret:
(sandpaper should fix that right up))
(3) DM:
:)
** (14) Helisandra looks confused. She starts digging through all the items she has collected so far, trying to find something that fits the shape. **
(6) Garret:
((ok... I'm about to pass out, and I'd rather do it in my cozy bed than in my computer chair. So, I think I'm gonna head off for the night, unless something important is about to happen.))
(14) Helisandra:
"Hmm, not these disks after all. Must be some gemstones." Heli sdigs though her belongings, finding some that work. Finally, she pulls out some gems that they collected from the "priestly teeth" from some sarcopagi what seems like months ago.
(14) Helisandra:
(( let me get the door open - that will get us a nice cliffhanger. :P ))
(3) DM:
((oh yes))
(6) Garret:
(pausing for drum roll))
(2) Calehan:
((I agree. Though this food is giving me a third wind.))
** (14) Helisandra starts fitting the gems into the depressions in the door. **
(3) DM:
The gems fuse into place...
** (10) Ian Cromwell waits to see what happens. **
(3) DM:
...and the door begins opening slowly, descending into the ground.
(2) Calehan:
"This scene looks a little familiar. It needs more wailing and gnashing of teeth though to be like the entrance."
(14) Helisandra:
"No, I think we all had enough wailing with the entrance."
** (14) Helisandra glances back at the stone face, to see if anything looks different on that side of the room. **
(3) DM:
(nope)
(14) Helisandra:
(( so - that's it? the door descends? what happened to the cliffhanger? ))
(3) DM:
As the thick stone wall shudders slowly into the earth, little dust devils float out of the vault, dancing about your ankles. The chamber revealed beyond is 20' square, its painted walls depict a grisly scene. Dozens of animal-headed humans and demi-humans struggle to break free of strangling vines as sharp thorns tear hungrily at their flesh. Above this disturbing vision (near the ceiling) hangs a faded red banner of silk, 6' wide and embroidered over and over with those four accursed symbols. From this vantage, it is unclear how the banner is affixed to the walls.
** (14) Helisandra peeks into the room. "Grisley." **
** (14) Helisandra looks at the banners suspiciously. **
(3) DM:
The floor is made of red, green and gold ceramic tiles. A large deep-green tapestry (16' square) is suspended from the center of the ceiling above. (15' above). It seems to shimmer like dragon fly wings. Four brass bowls filled with blue coals hang 5 1/2' off the floor by delicate chains attached to the ceiling at the corners of the vault. A dozen clay stoppered urns line the N and S walls of the vault and opposite the opening is a great black iron portal. Occupying the center of this chamber is a marble sarcophagus, 7' long, 3' wide and 4' high and expertly crafted.
(2) Calehan:
"Definitely do not stand under that banner. It looks portentous."
(14) Helisandra:
"They look sort of like tapestries to me."
(3) DM:
The sinking door finishes its descent with a loud slam.
(10) Ian Cromwell:
" Remember what tapestries can do Helisandra."
(14) Helisandra:
"I do." Heli shudders.
(3) Voice:
"Grave robbers! Defilers! Thou hast violated my tomb! I, the indomitable Tzolo, wilt have my revenge! Thou shalt all perish!"
(3) DM:
Immediately, a high pitched buzzing sound ensues from the vault and the green tapestry hanging from the ceiling begins to transform into a grotesque, buzzing cloud!
(14) Helisandra:
"Why don't you just help us with Acereak?" she calls back, not actually figuring it will do any good.
(3) DM:
(and on that note, we'll stop)
(2) Calehan:
"We wouldn't have to violate your tomb if you had a nice accessible apartment in a city."
(3) DM:
(as Heli insults the cloud. :))


Back to MelNethra Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms