Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
13 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
11 Guests
Registered Users: BemTrary, KevinBic


Back to MelNethra Logs


** (1354) Helisandra examines the doorway and the area just beyond it for traps before even thinking about stepping through. **
(1382) DM: (132) DM: Within is a red silk pillow upon which sits a tiny snake coiled in a circle. The snake has shimmering green and azure bands and watches you with great interest.
(115) Helisandra: "So, you are what all that fuss is about, huh?" She avoids moving to touch the thing, just watchs it for now.
(144) Garret: :blinks a moment, staring at the snake.: "This is.. unexpected."
(132) Daedis Ko: "That you have made it this far speaks well of your abilities, O Seekers. Ask and may wisdom smile upon you."
(144) Garret: :turns to Heli: "Did the snake just speak?"
** (115) Helisandra blinks a few times, "Uh, yeah Garret it did. At least it wasn't just me that heard it." **
(144) Garret: :nods, then turns back to the snake: "What are you?"
(132) Daedis Ko: "I am one of the guardians of my mistress' tomb."
** (123) Calehan walks back to the altar room, brushing off a few last specs of ash. **
(144) Garret: "Right... And what wisdom soes a snake in a box have to impart?"
(115) Helisandra: "Mistress? But we thought this was Acererak's tomb."
(132) Daedis Ko: "I possess much knowledge, O Seeker, about many things."
** Daedis Ko flickers its tongue at Garret. **
** Daedis Ko laughs harshly. "You stand in the tomb of Tzolo of the
Iron Circle. Acererak has no power here." **
(144) Garret: "Really? Because, locked in a box in a forgotten tomb.. you don't quite seem in position to learn much. You don't even have a book in there."
(115) Helisandra: "Then why does he lay claim on it?"
(132) Daedis Ko: "If you are here because of Acererak, it must be because he wishes something from my mistress."
(115) Helisandra: "Hmm, could be, I guess. It was his riddle and map that led us here. So Guardian, any idea what he would want from your mistress?"
(123) Calehan: "Ah. So that means that the clues he left leading here would be genuine, and misleading."
(132) Daedis Ko: "Acererak desires one thing and one thing only, and that is to have dominion over all that is Death and undeath. It may be that he knows of power that my mistress lays claim to. It may be that you are his unwitting pawns."
(103) Tian Keth: "Wasnt Acererak part of some council or something that said they would come back, maybe this Tzolo is another of them"
(144) Garret: :to tian: "Well, her tomb is full of mud sorcerer symbols. I'd say that's a connection."
** (103) Tian Keth shrugs "I dont remember any in Acereraks tomb, but I wasnt much for trying to read them if there were" **
(115) Helisandra: "That's probably the only way that Acererak could even claim to have anything to do with this place - the fact that the symbols all matched what is known of him."
(103) Tian Keth: "So your mistress was the one painted on the coffin in the pillar?"
(132) Daedis Ko: "Yes."
(144) Garret: "And who exactly is your Mistress? I don't recall a Tzolo mentioned up until now."
(103) Tian Keth: "That pillar wasnt very nice, it exploded on us. So I am guessing that your mistress is also the power that the land disagrees with."
(132) Daedis Ko: "Tzolo she was who ruled on the
Iron Circle, the Queen of the Circle as she was known. And did Acererak seek to supplant her, so that he would achieve that which he had sought out, of old. And did my mistress, in her glory, strike down the Seeker of Death that he would live in the earth and gnash his teeth in anger and in wroth."
(144) Garret: "Translation...?"
(115) Helisandra: "Well, he appears to be back now. So, if Acererak is not here, where did your mistress strike him down to?"
(103) Tian Keth: "Maybe he sent us here to kill Tzolo as a last act after we choped up his head"
(103) Tian Keth: (to Garret) "She stuck Acererak in the ground so he could rot in his own anger for all time"
(144) Garret: :dryly: "Thank you, Tian." :then turning to the snake: "Alright, if this is true, may we meet with your Mistress?"
(132) Daedis Ko: "Acererak even now lives on as a mere shadow of his self, and he seeks dominion over Death and undeath. And he seeks to complete a spell, that when cast, will bring doom over those who oppose him, over those who rule this land, this Empire."
(103) Tian Keth: "So he head wasnt the only part of him that still lives?"
(132) Daedis Ko: "And it may be that it is not given to you to cause his plans to fail or to bring it to fruition. For it is written that you have no Fate but the Fate you are given, or that you have made."
(132) Daedis Ko: "Acererak lives yes, but not where you saw him last. Seek his tower to learn more of the Seeker of Death."
(144) Garret: :sighs: "And his tower is, where..?"
(115) Helisandra: "Well, if we don't try - then he is even more likely to succeed, someone has to try at least. Where is this tower?"
(123) Calehan: "Does Acererak have any allies?"
(132) Daedis Ko: "In the city of
Moil."
(103) Tian Keth: "What can you tell of of the prophacy of the 'Lions of Tomorrow'?"
(132) Daedis Ko: "In life, yes. But Acererak is not alive."
(103) Tian Keth: (( *us of ))
(132) Daedis Ko: "That is not something I am given to know."
(132) Daedis Ko: "The city that waits was the city of Moil,
Where dreams truly died but bodies yet toil;
In slumber unrelenting they lie yet in wait,
Biding their time to seal your fate.

Discovery of the Void and my Fortress within
Demands exploration through peril again;
Find amid towers ruined the single key
And resolve the dilemma of problems three.

Beard the emerald drake in it's weirdling hollow,
Remove it's prize and avoid it's starved swallow.
Beneath webs of glowing emerald
Hangs a riddle box, ripe to be solved.

The darkweaver endures the cold in her lair;
Grasp your fate with consummate care.
The lifeless dream that marks the crime,
Is the vestige that guards the sand of time.

Each resolution removes one obstacle,
For those who peruse this written oracle:
The phantom released follows you in fashion,
To my inevitable fortress of conclusion.
(144) Garret: "Great.. now can we meet your mistress?"
(132) DM: Suddenly, the snake shudders, opens its jaws agape..and then disintegrates into a pile of powder.
(103) Tian Keth: "Ok well then we goto Moil after we get the ring that dragon wanted for his orb. And eliminate whatever power it is that poisons the land here"
(132) Voice: "NONE MAY SPEAK ILL OF ACERERAK AND LIVE!"
** (115) Helisandra has been listening, thinking about something. "As much as I am not inclined to believe a snake in a box..." she stops short when the loud voice speaks out. "Well, I guess maybe the little critter didn't know everything." **
** (144) Garret raises a brow at the snake's death and looks about sudden;y for it's killer **
(132) DM: The voice seemed to emanate from the box.
(123) Calehan: "I guess it didn't keep up on current events."
(123) Calehan: "Acererak may not be so powerless."
(144) Garret: :replies to the voice: "That was rather immature, oh insecure one."
** (115) Helisandra looks back over her shoulder, down the corridor that they have not yet fully explored. "So, he has indeed invaded the tomb of his lover, and the one that struck him down." **
(123) Calehan: "Acererak wants something from the tomb, perhaps. The drake definitely does. They may be working together rather than against each other."
(103) Tian Keth: "Acererak is a rotten corpse that doesnt yet know it is dead, guess it's our job to fully inform him." ** pokes the box that had the snake in it with his sword **
(132) DM: Something shifts within the pillow.
(115) Helisandra: "Well, we won't figure it out staying here." She begins to collect the marble disks and the obsidian dagger. She looks over the piece of silk, and takes it as well.
** (115) Helisandra watch Tian out of the corner of her eye. **
** (144) Garret unsheates his wakizashi and prods in the box to see what the pillow hides. **
** (103) Tian Keth cuts open the pillow **
(132) DM: Its....a ring that seems to be made of clay.
** (103) Tian Keth lifts the ring out on the end of his sword "Anyone want it?" **
(144) Garret: "Talking snakes and moving jewlery. this gets stranger by the second.
(123) Calehan: "It's probably significant."
** (115) Helisandra reaches out and takes the ring, looking it over. **
(103) Tian Keth: "What did that dragon who guided you here say the ring he wanted looked like?"
(115) Helisandra: "Not this one."
(115) Helisandra: "Briochet's ring is a ring of jade and silver and the purest diamond on this world of Andurin."
** (103) Tian Keth shrugs and pokes anything else remaining on the alter to see if anything else moves unexpectedly **
(153) Telgore [5] -> 5 (exit):
23:14
(132) DM: There seems to be no other effect.
(144) Garret: "Well then. Shall we continue through this place?"
** (103) Tian Keth nods "It is clear to the next door, and that room is cleared as well already" **
** (115) Helisandra looks over the ring, but sees nothing significant with it. As her pocket of possibly relevant items is full, and she does not wish to break the clay ring, she slides it onto her left hand, next to the hooded snake ring from Acererak's other tomb. **
(115) Helisandra: "Yep, let's go. Calehan and I will meet you all down the hall momentarily. Calehan, will you wait with me for a moment?"
(123) Calehan: "Of course."
** (103) Tian Keth trots down the hall to the door then mills around the hallway studying the walls and pillars nearby out of bordem **
** (115) Helisandra lets the others head down the hallway, and she walks Calehan to the doorway of the room. **
** (144) Garret takes a bored look around the altar room, as if expecting more conceited voices, before following down the hallway **
(123) Calehan: "A box. Pretty fancy one too."
(115) Helisandra: "You remember those tapestries in the other tomb, yes? Well, I want to check something." She pulls out her crossbow, a rarely used item. "I wanted you here, just in case - since you took care of them so well last time."
** (115) Helisandra takes aim with the crossbow at the tapestry on the southern wall, and lets fly. **
(123) Calehan: "I wonder if it's a common motif to have trapped tapestries among mud sorcerers or if it is a peculiarity of Acererak's."
(115) Helisandra: "That's what we will find out."
** (115) Helisandra loads another bolt as they watch the tapestry to see if it does anything. **
(132) DM: The tapestry drops to the floor and reveals a blank wall.
** (115) Helisandra fires a bolt at the tapestry on the north wall. **
(132) DM: This tapestry falls to the floor and reveals a blank wall.
** (115) Helisandra loads one more bolt. "Now, this one might do something." She turns this time and aims at the rug that felt odd to her earlier - and fires at it. **
(123) Calehan: "I guess it was just Acererak's idea
(132) DM: The crossbow bolt disappears on contact.
(115) Helisandra: "Well, nothing on the tapestries, but there was something with that rug. And.. well well well, what do you know. There is one thing that seems to be common among mudsorcerers." She re enters the room and moves to where one of the tapestries fell away, and she begins examining the wall closely. "Change of plans, get the others back over here, if you would Calehan."
** (123) Calehan goes down the hall and fetches the rest. "Looks like there may be a passage behind one of the tapestries." **
(144) Garret: "Tell me it leads someplace without more exploding things." :follows back:
(115) Helisandra: (( back ))
(123) Calehan: "I don't know where it leads yet, but there is good news. The tapestry in front of it wasn't a trap.
(115) Helisandra: (( along the N wall btw. ))
(144) Garret: :appraoaching Heli: "So, what do we have now?"
(115) Helisandra: "Seems like the
Iron Circle does like to hide secret doors behind tapestries."
(144) Garret: "Who doesn't?"
** (115) Helisandra shrugs. "It does help hide them more I guess." **
(123) Calehan: "Especially if you've met Acererak already."
** (103) Tian Keth reenters the alter room and moves close to Heli knowing she is about to begin searching the hall once again **
** (115) Helisandra examins a section of the wall carefully for a few moments. "Well, I'll be - I don't see anyway to open it." **
(159) Ghaele (enter):
23:51
** (123) Calehan looks at the wall a bit, fixing the right spot into mind. "I can try opening it." **
** (115) Helisandra steps back. "If you wish." **
(159) Ghaele (exit):
23:54
** (123) Calehan motions everyone back out of the room so he can try getting the door out of the way. **
** (115) Helisandra moves out, figuring she doesn't want to be around for this. **
** (103) Tian Keth moves back **
(123) Calehan: "Since teleportation was blocked earlier, this may be prevented as well. It's not how one usually deals with a door though."
** (123) Calehan weaves a pattern with his knives in the air and green light flashes forth to slice at the wall. (Disintegrate, naturally.) **
(132) DM: The door vanishes.

** (1354) Helisandra examines the doorway and the area just beyond it for traps before even thinking about stepping through. **
(1382) DM: (from last session)
** (1359) Calehan inspects the polish on his blades as if he didn't just remove a sizable portion of rock from existence. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] -> [7,28] = (35)
whispering to Zane, it doesn't seem to be entrapped further...
** (1354) Helisandra steps into the hallway beyond the removed door and begns down the hallway, slowly, as she searches for traps as she progresses. **
whispering to Zane, its slow going
whispering to Zane, each square is 10' above
** (1330) Walks-With-Spirits lops up behind Helisandra, head cocked to one side, focusing his attention further down the hallway. **
(1382) DM: The corridor loops around, 10' to the north, then 40' to the west, then about a hundred feet or so to the south...
(1384) RenegadePeon (enter): 22:42
** (1357) Tian Keth follows closly behind Heli **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1384) Walks-With-Spirits...
(1382) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1330) Walks-With-Spirits' from room...
(1385) MGCJerry (enter): 22:44
(1330) Walks-With-Spirits (exit): 22:44
(1382) DM: After a while, it turns again, this time to the east for about another hundred or so feet before broadening out into a wide room... (see 14 above)
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
** (1354) Helisandra pauses about 10 feet before the room opens up, taking some time to see what lies ahead of them. **
** (1379) Garret follows along quielty behind. **
** (1359) Calehan follows them a ways back. **
** (1354) Helisandra continues searching the rest of the cooridor before arriving at the larger room. She then begins to make her way across the room - heading for the branch to the north (to 14d). **
(1379) Garret: brb
(1379) Garret: Disconnecting from server...
(1379) Lunauc (exit): 22:51
(1382) DM: The corridor opens up into a large room that reminds you of the entrance room to the tomb. Two lengthy pools of clear liquid lie in the central portion of the chamber. Several dozen rainbow colored fish swim in its depths.
(1382) DM: Each of the pools contains a multitude of coins -- of all types.
(1382) DM: Two side corridors can be seen, branching off the chamber.
** (1354) Helisandra skirts the edge of the first pool as she passes it by. **
(1357) Tian Keth: (( how deep are the pools? ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] -> [7,28] = (35)
(1382) DM: ((3'))
** (1384) Walks-With-Spirits follows Halisandra, though he stops a moment to gaze into the pool at the riches it contains-however, having no need or desire for them, quickly takes up after the woman again. **
** (1357) Tian Keth goes near the pool and sniffs it to see if it is safe to drink **
** (1354) Helisandra passes the pool and heads to the northern cooridor (14d) to check it out. **
(1389) No Name (enter): 22:54
(1385) MGCJerry (exit): 22:55
(1382) DM: At the end of the room (14c) is another stone face but this face is different from all the other stone faces you've encountered thus far.
** (1354) Helisandra exits from the short cooridor fairly quickly. "Not that way." she says as she moves on east through the room, moving to first look over the second pool before arriving at the end of the room. **
(1389) No Name (exit): 22:56
(1389) No Name (enter): 22:56
** (1357) Tian Keth takes a small drink of water before catching up to Heli **
(1382) DM: This stone face grimaces with fear: eyes wide, nostrils flared, lips taut across fangs in the beginnings of a scream.
** (1354) Helisandra searches over the stone face. **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1389) Lunauc...
(1354) Helisandra: "Seems like all the others." She turns back to the second pool to look at it more closely.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] -> [18,28] = (46)
(1359) Calehan: "Anyone know what kind of fish these are?"
(1354) Helisandra: "I never paid much attention to types of fish."
(1389) Garret: :shrugs: "Sorry.. I'm not really a fish guy."
** (1357) Tian Keth looks at the fish **
** (1354) Helisandra turns, but then glances back. "Although.. those do remind me of some kind. Piranha I believe they are called. Flesh eaters." **
(1357) Tian Keth: "They arnt a type of fish native to this area, other then that" ** shrugs **
(1354) Helisandra: "In other words - no swimming allowed." She then turns back to head to the southern passageway, to see what awaits them there.
** (1357) Tian Keth puts away his sword for the first time since entering the tomb and draws his bow and stands at the edge of the pool and takes aim at a fish **
(1357) Tian Keth: Longbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+24] -> [17,24] = (41) ===> Damage: [1d8+2+0] -> [5,2,0] = (7)
(1389) Garret: :glances at Tian curiously: "What are you doing?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] -> [20,28] = (48)
(1357) Tian Keth: "Getting food"
** (1384) Walks-With-Spirits stops and turns to watch Tian, curious, and a tad hungry himself-it's been a few days. **
(1382) DM: The bolt lands in the pool, and a school swarms over to the bolt.
(1389) Garret: "Are you sure they're edible? I mean.. some fish are toxic."
(1382) DM: One of the fish is speared through.
(1359) Calehan: "Do they look a bit cannibalistic to you? How often can someone stumble into one of those pools, anyhow?"
(1382) DM: As the fish swam over, their passage churns the coins below and reveals a copper key that was partially hidden before.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] -> [11,28] = (39)
(1389) Garret: :to cale: "Someone probably comes to feed them once in a while. I'm more curious who changes their water."
(1357) Tian Keth: (( are they eating the one that was speared, or just swarming around the area? ))
(1382) DM: ((they're swarming the area))
** (1357) Tian Keth ties his rope near the tip of one of his arrows and fires again, not wanting to enter the water and figuring he needs a way to retrive his food **
(1357) Tian Keth: Longbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+24] -> [9,24] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d8+2+0] -> [6,2,0] = (8)
** (1357) Tian Keth quickly pulls the rope and arrow back out to see if he speared anything **
(1389) Garret: "Tian.. don't eat things you can't identify.Besides.. those things look all boney and tasteless."
(1382) DM: It didn't work that time.
(1357) Tian Keth: "I'll know if it's safe to eat, If it has any natural toxins I can small them"
** (1357) Tian Keth tries again with the rope arrow combo **
(1357) Tian Keth: Longbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+24] -> [12,24] = (36) ===> Damage: [1d8+2+0] -> [3,2,0] = (5)
(1396) Ian Cromwell (enter): 23:20
(1384) Walks-With-Spirits: ((Well, hello there, Mr. Paladinman.))
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1396) Ian Cromwell...
(1382) DM: ((pls fill him in))
** (1359) Calehan peers into the pool while the fish dart away from Tian's creative fishing. Focusing on the small copper key at the bottom, he gestures it up out of the pool using a minor cantrip. (mage hand) **
(1397) Ian Cromwell (enter): 23:22
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1397) Ian Cromwell...
(1382) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1396) Ian Cromwell' from room...
(1396) Ian Cromwell (exit): 23:23
whispering to Donovan, ok
** (1384) Walks-With-Spirits lays his spear down next to the pool, and kneels down, eyeing the fish-he dips one hand in quickly, but managed to draw his hand out before being bitten. **
(1398) Ian Cromwell (enter): 23:24
** (1398) Ian Cromwell walks over and looks into both pools of water. **
** (1357) Tian Keth continues shooting at the fish and pulling the arrow back untill he gets one **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+21
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+21] -> [1,21] = (22)
(1382) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1397) Ian Cromwell' from room...
(1397) Ian Cromwell (exit): 23:26
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " Are you even sure they are edible Tian?"
whispering to Donovan, you get it eventually
(1357) Tian Keth: "Not yet"
** (1384) Walks-With-Spirits makes yet another attempt, and fails, though retracts his hand unscathed, "Too fast to catch, they are." **
** (1398) Ian Cromwell walks over by the door North door,looking it over. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+21] -> [16,21] = (37)
** (1389) Garret heads off after heli while the others fish for questionable dinners **
** (1384) Walks-With-Spirits takes up his spear, stands to his hull height, turns away from the pool, and wanders after Helisandra. **
whispering to Ian Cromwell, I assume you're talking about 14d. it's a stone door, closed and has a fanged camel painted on it
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " If you are hungry Tian I can summon food."
** (1389) Garret comes to a silent stop behind the scout as she opens the door **
** (1384) Walks-With-Spirits follows down the short hallway, and stops at the door to watch the woman go about her work. **
** (1359) Calehan pockets the copper key and walks around the edge of the pool to the south hallway. **
(1357) Tian Keth: Longbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+24] -> [6,24] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d8+2+0] -> [3,2,0] = (5)
(1357) Tian Keth: Longbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+24] -> [2,24] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d8+2+0] -> [7,2,0] = (9)
(1357) Tian Keth: Longbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+24] -> [15,24] = (39) ===> Damage: [1d8+2+0] -> [1,2,0] = (3)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] -> [17,28] = (45)
** (1398) Ian Cromwell studies the fanged camel that is on the door. **
** (1357) Tian Keth pulls the fish in and out of the water before thumping it over the head with his sword and prociding to gut it **
whispering to Lunauc, Heli searches the room and is torn apart by a storm of blades that descends from the ceiling noiselessly. the blades dance on the floor, on a mosaic, and when they stop, she's gone.
(1389) Garret: "Heli!"
** (1389) Garret rushes to the door's entrance, not about to enter, but looking for what has become. **
** (1398) Ian Cromwell moves away from the door,stopping when he hears Garrets yell. **
** (1357) Tian Keth looks up from the fish when Garret yells **
(1354) Helisandra: (( hold on everyone, I made a mistake. ))
(1389) Garret: (...)
(1354) Helisandra: (( sorry... we'll figure this thing out. ))
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits (enter): 23:41
** (1357) Tian Keth throws the guts into the pool and sniffs the meat to identify any toxins it may have before eating it **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1399) Walks-With-Spirits...
(1382) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1384) Walks-With-Spirits' from room...
(1384) Walks-With-Spirits (exit): 23:42
(1354) Helisandra: (( ignore Garret's yell for now - continue any RP you wish. ))
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits: ((That's just damn abnormal))
** (1398) Ian Cromwell walks away from the North door,heads West checking the area around him. **
(1389) Garret: (So... I didn't see what I think I saw then?)
(1354) Helisandra: (( nope. ))
(1382) DM: The piranha swarm over to the guts and water churns, frothing...
(1389) Garret: (Stan? Did I see it or not?)
** (1389) Garret stands in the doorway, a panicked mask upon his face as his eyes scan the room with disbelief... "How... could she...?" **
(1389) Garret: Will save: [1d20+10] -> [18,10] = (28)
(1382) DM: ((I have no clue what you're talking about.))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] -> [4,20] = (24)
(1389) Garret: (Then I have no clue what I'm talking about either.. and that's not new. :P)
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits: ((O.o))
whispering to Walks-With-Spirits, TaliesinNYC, Lunauc, Zane, (GW): ok, just want to clear something up. Heli entered room 15, she checked the room for traps and tried to get a sense of the mosaic that's painted on the floor. you saw a bunch of blades appear from nowhere a few seconds after entering the chamber and shred her to pieces. when the blades ceased, her corpse vanished.
** (1357) Tian Keth finishes the fish then thros the bones and skin into the pool and packs the rope and his arrows away drawing his sword as he goes to find Hli **
(1357) Tian Keth: (( AFK for a smoke ))
whispering to Walks-With-Spirits, TaliesinNYC, Lunauc, Zane, (GW): so whatever she told you IC is wrong.
** (1399) Walks-With-Spirits jabs the butt-end of his spear into the floor, and rests his weight on it, surprisingly unfazed by the sight he just witnessed. **
(1400) Erithin (enter): 23:57
** (1398) Ian Cromwell stares at the creature on the wall. **
** (1389) Garret steels his exxpression from fear to anger as he steps into the room, hands settled on his sword hilts **
(1398) Ian Cromwell: ( is over by 14c now)
** (1399) Walks-With-Spirits cocks his head, considering the situation for a moment, then turns to address Garret, "We find another way." **
(1400) Erithin (exit): 00:00
whispering to Walks-With-Spirits, TaliesinNYC, Lunauc, Zane, (GW): Garret enters the room where Heli was previously, and inspects the chamber. It's a seemingly empty chamber, except for a large mosaic painted on the center of the floor.
whispering to Walks-With-Spirits, TaliesinNYC, Lunauc, Zane, (GW): It appears to be a mosaic of one of the mud sorcerer symbols.
** (1357) Tian Keth follows Garret into the room his sword at the ready and quickly scans the room to assess the situation **
whispering to Walks-With-Spirits, TaliesinNYC, Lunauc, Zane, (GW): The mosaic is painted in such a way that its impossible to circumnavigate the room without stepping on the mosaic.
(1382) DM: The room is a seemingly empty chamber, save for a mosaic painted in the center of this 30' x 30' chamber.
** (1399) Walks-With-Spirits remains at the doorway, watching Garret and Tian. **
(1382) DM: Whirling blades appear out of nowhere in the center of the room and shred Garret to pieces.
** (1399) Walks-With-Spirits cocks his head in curiosity at the spectacle. **
(1357) Tian Keth: "Wheres....What the!" ** jumps back **
(1382) DM: The blades cease after a moment, and Garret's corpse vanishes.
** (1359) Calehan heads down the hallway as Garret, with the light, moves into the room, arriving next to Walks just in time to see the "spectacle". **
** (1399) Walks-With-Spirits watches, with one eye, as the blades devour Garret.
**

** (1357) Tian Keth shouts "Ian can you fix shreaded bodies?" **
whispering to Walks-With-Spirits, TaliesinNYC, Lunauc, Zane, (GW): Garret is in a 20'
** (1399) Walks-With-Spirits glances at Tian, "Illusion." **
** (1398) Ian Cromwell turns at hearing his name," Shredded what?" **
whispering to Walks-With-Spirits, TaliesinNYC, Lunauc, Zane, (GW): Garret is in a 20' x 20' pool of water that's quite deep. a railing surrounds the pool. The chamber he's in is a pillared chamber and is unlit, save for his torch. Heli is in the room, running from pillar to pillar. A lightning bolt issues forth from somewhere in the room, narrowly missing her.
** (1357) Tian Keth looks into the room again ((Will save to disbelive [1d20+14] -> [15,14] = (29))) **
** (1359) Calehan yelps in startlement as Garret vanishes. "A magic trap of some kind, just great." **
** (1398) Ian Cromwell hurries over to the area where everyone is gathered. **
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " Who is shredded?"
(1357) Tian Keth: "Bodies, but it doesnt matter, Walks was right, they arnt real blades though Garret did vanish"
** (1357) Tian Keth walks into the room to see where Garret went **
** (1398) Ian Cromwell watches Tian enter the room **
(1404) swammeyjoe (enter): 00:10
** (1359) Calehan uses detect magic trying to determine what variety of effect this is. **
(1404) swammeyjoe (exit): 00:12
** (1359) Calehan reads off the auras, "Illusion and Transmutation." **
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " Transmutation,that is what made me change into a woman correct?"
(1359) Calehan: "It does a lot of things. That would be one of them."
(1357) Tian Keth: (( anything happen when I walk around the room? ))
** (1399) Walks-With-Spirits glances from Cal to the others, then back into the interior of the room, "Safe it might be to follow." **
(1359) Calehan: "it doesn't cut people up though."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [10d6] -> [6,2,6,2,6,3,1,3,1,2] = (32)
(1382) DM: You see Tian vanish in a storm of blades.
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " That does not look pleasing,though I do not see any blood from the blades."
** (1399) Walks-With-Spirits sets his jaw, and closes his fists tightly around his spear, as he watches Tian vanish, but makes no move yet to follow. **
(1359) Calehan: "The blades have to be illusionary, but that doesn't mean that they can't hurt. The tranmutation is probably the reason they disappear. An illusion can make someone vanish, but that aura should come from something."
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " Well three have disappeared,they may need my aide."
** (1398) Ian Cromwell enters the room. **
** (1399) Walks-With-Spirits cocks his head to the side, and with one eye, observes Ian's fate. **
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " Solnor protect me."
** (1398) Ian Cromwell walks to the center of the room **
(1382) TaliesinNYC: The same thing occurs: he is torn apart by blades and when they cease, his corpse vanishes.
(1359) Calehan: "You know it could as easily be a disintegration as a teleportation behind that illusion."
(1357) Tian Keth: INIT: [1d20+15] -> [6,15] = (21)
(1359) Calehan: "Actually, I reconsider. There should be some dust left over for that. Maybe they're shrunk?"
** (1399) Walks-With-Spirits eyes Calehan, "Dead, it would seem they are not," he says, and takes a few long steps into the center of the room. **
(1359) Calehan: "I'm just trying to think of what it is. Yell if it hurts, would you?"
(1382) DM: Walks vanishes in a whirl of blades.
(1359) Calehan: "Well, no point in staying behind. I sure hope this doesn't hurt."
** (1359) Calehan casts a single protection, his skin taking on the appearance of hard stone, before jumping into the middle of the mosaic. "I really hope this doesn't hurt." **
(1389) Garret: (And so the entire crew of adventurers was wiped out by one silly trap)
(1389) Garret: (I hope you've enjoy 'The Lemming Ending'. "THE END")
(1382) DM: ((so just to reiterate for the people who got ported out last, you're in room 18, specifically in 18a. 18a is a 20' x 20' x 30+ foot deep pool of water with a railing that runs around it. Something in the room is attacking you by casting AOE spells, and it just summoned something that appears in the rear of this unlit chamber. Garret, Ian and Tian are climbing over the railing around the pool, Walks is swimming over to the railing and Heli is somewhere in the room.))
(1359) Calehan: (Now now, I've made careful observations on this phenomena before jumping into it)
(1382) DM: ((get a good look at the dimensions of the room before I load the battlemap up))
(1354) Helisandra: /ooc which way is the voice?
(1354) Helisandra: (( which way is the voice? ))
(1382) DM: ((to the east))
(1382) DM: ((the screeching is to the SE))
(1354) Helisandra: (( k ))
(1382) DM: ((got a good look? cuz I'm loading the battle map up))
(1389) Garret: (yup)
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits: ((Yes, what are the results of his detect spirits-at-will?))
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits: ((If he can use the ability.))
(1382) DM: ((each square is 5', that big 20' square in the middle is the pool of water))
(1382) DM: ((not going to draw evey single pillar but basically where the lines intersect south of that line of pillars is a pillar))
(1382) DM: ((north of that line, there are no pillars))
(1354) Helisandra: (( makes sense. ))
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits: ((OK))
(1382) DM: ((the chamber is unlit so unless you can see in the dark or you have light, it'll be difficult))
(1389) Garret: (I've got a light! MWAHAHAHAHA!)
(1354) Helisandra: (( Garret still has a torch - yes? Or did it go out when he ducked underwater? ))
(1389) Garret: (It never goes out! It's MAGICAL!)
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits: ((30' Darkvision for Argonians))
(1357) Tian Keth: (( isnt it an everburning tourch? ))
(1389) Garret: (Beats the hell out of Energizer.)
(1354) Helisandra: (( wasn't sure - it just got called a torch. ))
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits: (Any result from Walks detect spirits, if it usable?)
(1359) Calehan: ((Do I arrive underwater or land in it?))
(1382) DM: ((in water))
(1382) DM: ((Cale and Walks, init please))
(1359) Calehan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits: Init: [1d20+7] -> [13,7] = (20)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
(1382) DM: ((ok!, lol))
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits: (((loooooool))
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits: (And such))
(1382) DM: A wall of whirling blades springs up in front of the wizardress.
(1382) DM: (where the purple dashed lines are)
(1382) DM: ((22, Heli))
** (1354) Helisandra smirks in the darkness and steps into the darkness (shadow jump) **
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits: ((Oops))
** (1354) Helisandra blinks a couple times, in shock as she remains where she is. **
(1354) Helisandra: (( ignore that last one - she does in fact disappear. ))
(1382) DM: ((21, Tian))
** (1357) Tian Keth rushes over to the wizard, but unsure how to get past the blades pulls up just short **
(1357) Tian Keth: (( done ))
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits: ((I need to drop.))
(1359) Calehan: ((Too much meds?))
(1389) Garret: (where is the blade barrier? along the black line?)
(1354) Helisandra: (( Tian - did you head down, to Shar? That is not where the blade barrier is. ))
(1382) DM: ((dashed line in front of the wizardress))
(1382) DM: ((20, Walks))
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits: ((Use my flamestrike as you see fit. :P))
(1382) DM: ((Seaghn, give your PC to someone else to run and your spell list))
(1382) DM: ((13, Gar))
(1357) Tian Keth: (( ok didnt see the small mini up top :) ))
(1354) Helisandra: (( the barrier disappeared to me, but Tian, you just passed where it was earlier. ))
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits: ((Done.))
** (1389) Garret braces himself, gives a crack of his neck and charge on through the barrier, covering his head best he can and hoping his intuition and armor serve him well as he heads for the wizardess **
(1389) Garret: Reflex save: [1d20+12] -> [8,12] = (20)
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits: ((Don, Zane, Loony. Enjoy!))
(1382) DM: ((no))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [15d6] -> [3,6,1,4,4,1,5,4,3,4,1,4,5,3,2] = (50)
(1389) Garret: (here's to hoping for halfed dmg :P)
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits: ((?)))
(1359) Calehan: (No such luck today.)
(1389) Garret: :with a pained cry he draws his blades in lightning speed to deal out his wrath for the pain
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits: Disconnecting from server...
(1399) Walks-With-Spirits (exit): 01:16
(1389) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-weapon Attack Roll: [1d20+20] -> [18,20] = (38) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+6] -> [8,4,1,3,6] = (22)
(1389) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-weapon Attack Roll: [1d20+25] -> [1,25] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+6] -> [4,4,5,3,6] = (22)
(1389) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-weapon Attack Roll: [1d20+15] -> [16,15] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+6] -> [3,4,5,3,6] = (21)
(1389) Garret: +3 Icy Burst Katana 2-weapon Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [20,10] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d10+4+1d6+3+6] -> [3,4,4,3,6] = (20)
(1389) Garret: +2 Frost Wakizashii, 2-weapon Attack Roll: [1d20+24] -> [3,24] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+1d6+6] -> [4,2,1,6] = (13)
(1389) Garret: +2 Frost Wakizashii, 2-weapon Attack Roll: [1d20+19] -> [19,19] = (38) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+1d6+6] -> [4,2,4,6] = (16)
(1389) Garret: +2 Frost Wakizashii, 2-weapon Attack Roll: [1d20+14] -> [11,14] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+1d6+6] -> [1,2,2,6] = (11)
(1389) Garret: +2 Frost Wakizashii, 2-weapon Attack Roll: [1d20+9] -> [17,9] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+1d6+6] -> [6,2,3,6] = (17)
(1389) Garret: (eeeww.. just the first rolls)
(1389) Garret: (ac 26 and 27)
(1382) Ulzaada, Chosen of Acererak: "You can't hit what doesn't exist."
(1382) DM: The form of the wizardress vanishes.
(1382) DM: Chanting occurs elsewhere in the chamber.
(1389) Garret: :brow twitches... partially from blood dripping in his eye: "You've gotta be kidding me."
(1382) DM: (11, Ian)
** (1398) Ian Cromwell heads towards the hissing he heard coming from behind us,drawing his long sword. **
** (1354) Helisandra looks at Garret, and she shields her eyes from his torch, not expecting it to come rtushing at her. "Garret, what are you doing here? Nevermind." **
(1382) DM: ((ignore Ulz on the map, I'm just loading the mini for when I need to place her on the map again))
(1398) Ian Cromwell: ( I do not think I can attack so I move as far as I can.)
(1382) DM: The hissing is a daemon -- the body of a snake, with six arms, each wielding a longsword and the head of a woman with ebony hair and emerald scales. Her eyes burn with scarlet flames and she screeches in rage as she slithers forth from behind a pillar.
(1382) DM: (7, Shar)
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " Foul daemon,in Solnors name I shall send you back to the abyss."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+25] -> [11,25] = (36),[1d20+25] -> [19,25] = (44),[1d20+25] -> [4,25] = (29),[1d20+25] -> [15,25] = (40),[1d20+25] -> [9,25] = (34),[1d20+25] -> [4,25] = (29)
(1382) DM: It spots Ian coming towards her and extends its arms in a flash of blades, then strikes, a flurry of blows. (AC 36, 44 (threat), 29, 40, 34 and 29)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+25] -> [2,25] = (27)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] -> [12,20] = (32),[1d20+15] -> [16,15] = (31),[1d20+10] -> [13,10] = (23)
(1382) DM: (and AC 32, 31, 23. I assume the 23 misses.)
(1398) Ian Cromwell: ( so does the 31)
(1382) DM: (so what hits?)
(1382) DM: (the threat isn't a crit)
(1398) Ian Cromwell: ( 32 and above)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6+9] -> [6,4,9] = (19)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6+9] -> [3,2,9] = (14),[2d6+9] -> [2,6,9] = (17),[2d6+9] -> [4,5,9] = (18),[2d6+9] -> [2,5,9] = (16)
(1382) DM: (84 damage)
(1382) DM: (7, Cale)
** (1359) Calehan splashes to the surface as he arrives. **
(1359) Calehan: "What's going on now?"
** (1359) Calehan finishes splashing and simply rises out of the water. He comes to a stop east of the pool near the ceiling. (flying) **
(1359) Calehan: (That's all my actions, hopefully I can find out where I need to go.)
(1382) DM: (24, Ulz)
** Ulzaada, Chosen of Acererak is elsewhere in the room, planning her next attack. (done) **
(1354) Zane: Walks Spells: 0-level (7/day) Create Water, Detect magic, Read Magic
1-level (7/day) Entangle, Produce Flame, Speak with Animals
2-level (7/day) Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm
3-level (7/day) Call Lightning, Neutralize Poison, Wind Wall
4-level (6/day) Dispel Magic, Flame Strike, Ice Storm
5-level (6/day) Death Ward, Stone Skin
6-level (4/day) Greater Dispel Magic
7-level (2/day) Heal

(1382) DM: (22, Heli)
(1354) Zane: (( sorry - Open is hanging on me, causing it to act up. ))
** (1354) Helisandra glances past Garret, sees Tian and catches a glimpse of Walks, while hearing Ian's and Calehan's voices. "Damn, I appreciate the company - but you do all realize how stupid it was, yes?" She steps over to the wall and climbs it (spider climb), and bypasses the blade barrier via the wall. Once past, she hops down off the wall, with her rapier drawn as she looks for the spell caster. (done) **
(1382) DM: (21, Tian)
** (1357) Tian Keth looks around failing to see or smell the wizard changes direction and charges across the room to the hissing creature **
(1389) Lunauc: :shrugs: "I'm starting to."
** (1357) Tian Keth thrusts Frenzy Fang out in a quick stabing motion **
(1357) Tian Keth: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 1): [1d20+30] -> [2,30] = (32)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] -> [1,14] = (15) ))
(1359) Calehan: "Actually, I'll have you know I took careful account of the trap before stepping into it."
(1357) Tian Keth: (( done ))
(1359) Calehan: "So what are you dealing with in here? Sounds more heated than having to dry off."
(1382) DM: (um, that means going through the blade barrier again, unless you make a Reflex save)
(1359) Calehan: ((Garret is the reckless one who charged through. Tian stopped short of it.))
(1354) Walks-with-Spirits: (( Tian never went through it - he stopped in front of it. Garret is the fool that went through it. ))
(1382) DM: ((ok. 2 misses))
(1389) Garret: ^_^
(1382) DM: ((20, Walks))
** (1354) Walks-with-Spirits watches Garret dive through the blade barrier, and determined to not let that happen again, tries to remove the spell. (Greater Dispell Magic) **
(1382) DM: ((roll))
(1354) Helisandra: (( whispered. ))
(1382) DM: (13, Gar)
(1389) Garret: (blade's still there?)
(1354) Walks-with-Spirits: (( yep... ))
(1382) DM: ((11, Ian))
** (1389) Garret considers diving back through the blades but hesitates inside his little cage a moment. **
** (1398) Ian Cromwell attacks the Daemon. **
(1398) Ian Cromwell: Holy Longsword Attack Roll: [1d20+24] -> [20,24] = (44) ===> Damage: [1d8+2d6+5] -> [3,4,2,5] = (14)
(1398) Ian Cromwell: Holy Longsword Attack Roll: [1d20+19] -> [8,19] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d8+2d6+5] -> [1,3,6,5] = (15)
(1398) Ian Cromwell: Holy Longsword Attack Roll: [1d20+14] -> [14,14] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d8+2d6+5] -> [2,6,6,5] = (19)
(1398) Ian Cromwell: Holy Longsword Attack Roll: [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+2d6+5] -> [3,3,1,5] = (12)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7),[1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
(1398) Ian Cromwell: Crit Threat: [1d20+24] -> [17,24] = (41)
(1382) DM: ((only one hit and its a crit))
(1382) DM: ((damage please))
(1382) DM: ((28?))
(1398) Ian Cromwell: ( Not tripled if it is evil)
(1398) Ian Cromwell: (*no)
(1382) DM: ((so 42 then?))
(1398) Ian Cromwell: (yea)
(1382) DM: ((7, Shar))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+25] -> [5,25] = (30),[1d20+25] -> [11,25] = (36),[1d20+25] -> [19,25] = (44),[1d20+25] -> [17,25] = (42),[1d20+25] -> [5,25] = (30),[1d20+25] -> [6,25] = (31),[1d20+20] -> [14,20] = (34),[1d20+15] -> [1,15] = (16),[1d20+10] -> [12,10] = (22)
(1382) DM: It ignores Tian, instead concentrating its fury on Ian. (AC 30, 36, 44 (threat), 42, 30, 31, 34, 16 and 22)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+25] -> [13,25] = (38)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6+9] -> [1,5,9] = (15)
(1382) TaliesinNYC: [2d6+9] -> [1,6,9] = (16),[2d6+9] -> [5,6,9] = (20),[2d6+9] -> [4,4,9] = (17)
(1410) Lunauc (enter): 01:56
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1410) Lunauc...
(1382) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1389) Lunauc' from room...
(1389) Lunauc (exit): 01:57
(1382) DM: (7, Cale)
** (1359) Calehan flies over to help with the daemon. **
** (1357) Tian Keth howls as the creature attacks Ian **
(1359) Calehan: "This should take some sting out of those blades. It really doesn't like you."
** (1359) Calehan taps the butt of one dagger to Ian's shoulder bestowing the protection of another Stoneskin spell to him. **
(1382) Ulzaada, Chosen of Acererak: "You look like a sssssscholarly sssssort." (croons at Heli) "See how you like thissssss, mortal."
** Ulzaada, Chosen of Acererak reveals herself, outside the edge of the blades and releases her spell, at Helisandra. **
(1382) DM: Helisandra vanishes from the room with an explosion of sulfur and brimstone.
(1382) DM: (21, Tian)
** (1357) Tian Keth growls as he attacks the six armed deamon **
** (1357) Tian Keth thrusts Frenzy Fang out in a quick stabing motion **
(1357) Tian Keth: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 1): [1d20+30] -> [19,30] = (49)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] -> [5,14] = (19) ))
(1357) Tian Keth: (( Frenzy Fang (Crit Check): [1d20+30] -> [10,30] = (40) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] -> [4,14] = (18) Vorpal Effect. ))
** (1357) Tian Keth quickly shifts the thrust into a right to left sweep **
(1357) Tian Keth: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 2): [1d20+25] -> [5,25] = (30)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] -> [2,14] = (16) ))
** (1357) Tian Keth finishes with a downward left to right cross attack **
(1357) Tian Keth: (( Frenzy Fang (Attack 3): [1d20+20] -> [7,20] = (27)(Threat: 12 - 20) ===> Damage: [1d6+14] -> [4,14] = (18) ))
(1382) DM: (it's headless.)
** (1357) Tian Keth howl with Glee **
(1382) DM: ((not that it matters, but total damage please))
(1357) Tian Keth: (( [19+18] -> 37 assuming the 30 misses ))
(1382) DM: ((with DR, so 17 then.))
(1382) DM: It continues to attack for a split second, then collapses, dead.
(1359) Calehan: ((So it's headless, but at least it didn't hurt as much.))
(1382) DM: (heh.)
(1382) DM: ((20, Walks))
** (1354) Walks-with-Spirits spins around to see Ian getting mutilated, and so he calls upon his god and sends pure positive energy into Ian (heal). **
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " Now that the Daemon has been dealt with,now we should concentrate on the other being down here."
(1382) DM: ((13, Gar))
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " I thank you for the aide in the fight Tian."
** (1410) Garret goes a bit more tactful this time around. Reigning his fury, he lets his blades drop. Before the steel reaches the stone, His longbow is in hand(love quick draw) and the first arrow is ready, as he aims for the wizardess. **
(1410) Garret: Seeking Longbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+20] -> [8,20] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d8+1+0] -> [6,1,0] = (7)
(1410) Garret: Seeking Longbow, composite(2nd) Attack Roll: [1d20+15] -> [9,15] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d8+1+0] -> [5,1,0] = (6)
(1410) Garret: Seeking Longbow, composite(3rd) Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [10,10] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d8+1+0] -> [1,1,0] = (2)
(1410) Garret: Seeking Longbow, composite(4th Attack Roll: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d8+1+0] -> [5,1,0] = (6)
(1410) Garret: (pft)
(1382) Ulzaada, Chosen of Acererak: "You mortalssss never ceassssse to amaze me." (sneers)
(1382) DM: ((11, Ian))
(1413) Bobby (enter): 02:19
** (1398) Ian Cromwell heads to where he heard the voice,sheathing his sword and drawing his heavy flail. **
(1382) DM: ((7, Cale))
** (1359) Calehan flies north towards where he heard the spellcaster, beginning his magic enhanced fighting style and readying to strike with a spell when he spots it. **
** (1359) Calehan exits the line of pillars and swoops at Ulzaada, testing the caster's defenses with a greater chill touch. (Fighting defensively for 22SR from daggerspell style). **
(1359) Calehan: Attack: +4 Spell Storing Dagger [1d20+9+4+4+1-2-4] -> [13,9,4,4,1,-2,-4] = (25)
(1382) DM: A glittering mirror pops up in front of Ulzaada and intercepts the spell, reflecting it back at you (Calehan).
(1382) DM: (you do damage her btw, see my note via whisper for an explanation)
(1359) Calehan: Negative Energy: Chill Touch [1d6+15] -> [6,15] = (21). Strength Damage [1d4] -> [4] = (4) Fort DC (24) for half.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5+4] -> [8,5,4] = (17)
(1382) DM: (she's afflicted)
(1359) Calehan: Fortitude: [1d20+11] -> [5,11] = (16)
(1359) Calehan: (Looks like I am too)
(1382) Ulzaada, Chosen of Acererak: (24, Ulz)
** (1359) Calehan sags a bit as his own draining attack is mirrored back to him. **
** Ulzaada, Chosen of Acererak gesticulates and bids you goodbye. "We shall see you anon." (sneers) **
(1382) DM: (if anyone is within melee range, you get an AOO)
(1359) Calehan: (I'm in melee range, but I don't know if I want to hit her again, heh.)
(1382) DM: She turns a ring on her finger and disappears from sight.
(1382) DM: The glittering mirror vanishes as well.
(1414) Donovan (enter): 02:35
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1414) Donovan...
(1382) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1359) Donovan' from room...
(1359) Donovan (exit): 02:35
** (1357) Tian Keth turns from the demon and looks for the wizard, but catching no sight of her he turns back to the demon to see if any of the weapons it wielded might b usefull **
(1357) Tian Keth: (( AFK for a smoke ))
(1414) Calehan: "That's a bold defense you're using. As long as you're confident you can take it, it dishes it back."
** (1414) Calehan listens for any sign that she's still nearby. **
** (1398) Ian Cromwell closes his eyes for a moment as he concentrates. **
** (1410) Garret quietly puts away his bow and returns his swords to their sheathes with care, as he waits for the wall of blades to diminish **
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " Anyone in need of healing?"
(1382) DM: All are keen edged but without further divination, you're unable to determine its nature.
(1382) DM: Heli appears where she disappeared, in an explosion of sulfur and brimstone.
(1414) Calehan: "Did you have a nice stroll?"
** (1398) Ian Cromwell steps back his flail at the ready,seeing it is Helisandra he lowers his weapon. **
(1354) Helisandra: "Now it's... Where did she go?" she asks, looking around.
(1410) Garret: "Apparently she got bored of us." :his tone seems a bit easier all of a sudden:
(1414) Calehan: "I'm not too sure. She used some ring and escaped, or else is hiding really thoroughly."
(1354) Helisandra: "Ahh, we were to much for her, huh? Well - we'll just finish her next time. So, what exactly persuaded everyone else to join me?"
(1410) Garret: "Just gall it a gung ho attitude."
(1410) Garret: (*calll even)
** (1414) Calehan considers his situation. "Now that you mention it, I am actually in pretty bad shape under this rocky exterior." **
(1410) Garret: (*er.. call)
(1414) Calehan: "Everyone else just sorta jumped in after you disappeared."
** (1354) Helisandra to the bleeding Garret "And we see how that worked out for you." **
(1382) DM: It lasts for a while.
(1354) Helisandra: (( *looks to ))
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " I figured you may be injured and need my help."
(1357) Tian Keth: "I saw Garret get shreded by blades that were not real so I decided to look around the room and appeared in the water
(1410) Garret: :shrugs: "I've been hurt worse"
(1354) Helisandra: "She tried to fry me, but couldn't catch me Ian, but thanks for the thoughts. What do mean Tian, those blades are quite real."
(1414) Calehan: "I studied the location and determined that the auras I saw didn't point to a lethal effect, but did remove the recipient."
** (1410) Garret decides to take a look around his little prison cell, wondering why this section sticks out with no collums. (are there any paintings or markings?) **
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " Calehan,if I cast a healing spell on you while you are using that spell will it work?"
** (1357) Tian Keth shakes his head "No they are Illusions, Walks tiped me off" **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
(1354) Helisandra: "Look at him - do those look like illusionary wounds?"
(1414) Calehan: "It works just fine. It only reduces the severity of injuries."
(1417) Cowboy (enter): 02:50
(1414) Calehan: "You didn't get to see them, I believe."
(1414) Calehan: "The transport into the pool of water is hidden behind an illusion a lot like that wall of blades."
(1410) Garret: :to Heli, over his shoulder: "He's talking about the other room. When you disappeared there was an illusion.. of you getting shredded to pieces by blades."
** (1398) Ian Cromwell walks over to Calehan,places his hand upon him,it glows a soft blue," May Solnor give me the power to ease your pain." Cure Crit Wounds: [4d8+16] -> [6,3,6,3,16] = (34) **
(1354) Helisandra: "Really? Interesting tactic... Very well - since we are all here, we might as see what we have down here." She looks around the room, trying to find a way out. Upon spying the hallway to the north, she heads over to it and begins to check it out.
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " The swords the Daemon were using are quite real."
(1414) Calehan: "Thanks, Ian."
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " You are most welcome."
** (1357) Tian Keth follows Heli not letting her out of his sight this time **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] -> [13,28] = (41)
** (1410) Garret begins searching along the walls of his cell.. mostly out of boredom, and hope for an escape.. starting from the souhtern wall and working his way counter clockwise around, **
** (1354) Helisandra slowly follows the passageway to the north, checking it as she goes - following the turn to the west, and then to the south. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] -> [10,28] = (38)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] -> [12,28] = (40)
** (1354) Helisandra reaches the doorway and after looking it over, turns back to Tian. "Looks clean, but I'd rather get the others before going further." **
(1414) Calehan: "This barrier is going to last quite a while."
** (1354) Helisandra then heads back to the main room. **
** (1357) Tian Keth nods to Heli **
** (1414) Calehan sits in the air in the radiance from Garret's torch. **
** (1354) Helisandra returns to the main room, she goes over to the headless corpse and checks it for anything before returning to wait for Garret. **
(1382) DM: (stopping in 30 minutes)
(1413) Bobby (exit): 03:01
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " Perhaps someone should see if the swords are worthing taking with us Helisandra."
** (1414) Calehan lets everyone get gathered and waiting on Garret before attempting to spring him from his temporary cell. **
(1414) Calehan: "Looks like we're ready to move, better see if I can get that ouf of the way."
** (1410) Garret continues to idly search the walls, waiting for his captivity to end. **
(1354) Helisandra: "Well, the swords do look quality, but I can't tell more than that."
(1382) DM: The barrier disappears with a flash of light.
** (1414) Calehan successfully dispels the barrier. **
(1414) Calehan: "Well, you're free to go."
(1410) Garret: "Finally."
** (1398) Ian Cromwell gathers up the swords **
(1354) Helisandra: "There is a door down this hallway - it appears to be the way to go."
** (1410) Garret strolls out to freedom, a bit battered and bloody, but sturdy nonetheless **
(1414) Calehan: "Lead on, and try to avoid any dicing blades."
(1410) Garret: "Why do I get a bad feeling about this?
** (1354) Helisandra leads the group to the north, heading back to the door she found that way. **
(1414) Calehan: "Because we're in a lich's tomb that is being assaulted by, at least minions of, another lich."
(1354) Helisandra: "Because we got here by falling into, or willingly entering, a trap?"
** (1410) Garret follows along **
** (1398) Ian Cromwell walks over to Garret,placing his hand on him,his hand glows a soft blue for a brief moment," May Solnor give me the power to ease your pain." Cure Mod. Wounds: [2d8+10] -> [6,1,10] = (17) **
(1417) Cowboy (exit): 03:11
(1410) Garret: "Aaahhh.. Thanks." :Offers the holy man a bow as he wounds scab over.
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " You are most welcome Garret,once I have rested I can better tend to your wounds."
(1410) Garret: "Eh.. leave a bit to scar. It'll remind me not to do something that dumb again."
(1410) Garret: (still here?)
(1354) Helisandra: (( yes ))
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " As you wish Garret."
** (1398) Ian Cromwell follows along behind the others. **
(1382) DM: ((was explaining something IMPORTANT to Zane))
(1410) Garret: (just making sure
(1410) Garret: I hadn't disconnected again)
** (1354) Helisandra remains quiet as she leads the others to the door, as if she is deep in thought. **
** (1354) Helisandra approaches the door (to 17) and tests to see if it is unlocked. **
** (1354) Helisandra glances back at the others and nods to them, before opening the door. **
(1382) DM: The door opens to reveal an extremely small (10' x 10') room that does not appear to have another means of egress.
(1354) Helisandra: "Well, that's strange. Nothing." She searches the doorway for traps before entering the small room and searching it, just to make sure.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] -> [8,28] = (36)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] -> [12,28] = (40)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] -> [5,28] = (33)
(1419) Lunauc (enter): 03:26
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1419) Lunauc...
(1414) Calehan: "If there's really nothing then it would seem we are cut off here."
(1382) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1410) Lunauc' from room...
(1410) Lunauc (exit): 03:26
(1354) Helisandra: "Ahh, much better." She pauses along the south wall, looking it over.
(1398) Ian Cromwell: " There has to be a way for us to continue."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+28] -> [20,28] = (48)
(1354) Helisandra: "But, we may not continue - after all, we got here from a trap."
** (1354) Helisandra works on the south wall of the small room. **
(1382) DM: The door slides down with blinding speed and a wall of blades starts to move forward, mowing down anything and anyone in its path. (Reflex to throw yourself, Zane, to one side, flattening yourself against the wall.)
(1382) DM: (or to get the hell out of the room)
(1354) Helisandra: Reflex vs Traps: [1d20+23] -> [11,23] = (34)
(1414) Calehan: "I think that I can reverse the trip that brought us here, when we need to."
(1354) Helisandra: (( flatten ))
(1382) DM: ((ok))
(1382) DM: ((and on this note, we'll stop))


Back to MelNethra Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms