Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room
Attempting to ENABLE moderation
in the current room... Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated (212) TaliesinNYC: (its the evening of the day
of last session fyi) (205) Zane: (( about how late in the evening? )) (212) DM: (( or thereabouts)) (212) DM: (59) Euriale d'Elinhir: What took you
so long? It has been well over three weeks since your departure from the city.
(60) Garret: :watching her collapse: "So... how have things been?"
(46) Ian: " Perhaps I should speak with him Eruiale."
(46) Ian: " Disposing of a Lich is no easy task,if it were it would have
been done long ago."
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: Not well. There have been a few assassination attempts
against His Imperial Majesty in your absence. The Emperor thinks that there is
a traitor in our midst.
(46) Ian: " Two weeks traveling and a week of finding it and disposing of
it,so three weeks is about right."
(60) Garret: :shrugs: "That is always possible."
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: Jobasha is a friend but his zeal for justice has
blinded him. But you have returned....with good news, I hope.
(46) Ian: " I am not one to cast words lightly about,but seems that the
Elder has more than our good will on his mind,perhaps it is he who is making a
bid for the crown."
** Euriale d'Elinhir shrugs. "Perhaps. Court intrigues have never been my
(46) Ian: " Well we are here and the Lich is no more,atleast the one you
sent us after,it was merely a construct,a version though powerful but not the
(62) Calehan: "In short, we have destroyed the resident of Acererak's
tomb, but the lich itself is at another stronghold."
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: He still exists...?
(71) ticattack (enter):
** Euriale d'Elinhir raises her hand to her mouth as if in shock. "Why are
you here then?" **
(46) Ian: " So it seems,though we have no idea where it is located
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (71) ticattack...
(59) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(61) ticattack' from room...
(61) ticattack (exit):
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: This does not bode well then...not well at all. I
suppose you should at least be compensated for your efforts. (numbly)
(46) Ian: " Well if we would have started searching for the real Acereraks
stronghold,we would have been gone alot longer than 3 weeks m'lady."
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: Then you must, please you must! For the sake of the
Emperor and the Empire, you must! I beg of you, please.
** Euriale d'Elinhir seems almost as if she is about to cry. "He still
(60) Garret: "We shall. Please calm yourself. You'll get wrinkles."
(46) Ian: " I have no idea where to begin to search for him,do you have
(59) DM: (actually you were told where by the Scion...)
(59) DM: (or at least the general area)
(43) Helisandra: (( yeah - near the city of Orend I believe. ))
(62) Calehan: "He did leave a location marked from the tomb. As well as a
taunting riddle to follow."
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: If there is anything I can do to help you in this, you
have but to ask. But I beg of you, please, for the Emperor and the Empire...
(46) Ian: " We will need provisions,no telling how long we are going to be
on the road,so we will need a wagon if one is available."
(62) Calehan: "We came back to inform you of what progress there is; it's
better than being left wondering. We also need to re-provision for another
trip. Towards Orend."
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: It will take you months to reach Orend by normal
travel. Better to send you along wings of magicka.
(60) Garret: "That would be appreciated assistance."
** Euriale d'Elinhir slowly calms down. "Be at ease, and be guests in my
home. Araevas will show you to your quarters." **
(46) Ian: " If it were that easy then how come you did not send us to the
tomb using magicka?"
** Euriale d'Elinhir lifts a small silver bell on a table next to her and rings
it. "He will be here momentarily." **
(60) Garret: "Much obliged, good Lady, Though, do you mind if i ask a bit
about these assassination attempts?"
(62) Calehan: "Some things the lich has grudgingly provided. There may be
invaluable items among the assortment of gems and jewels from his vault."
(46) Ian: " Very little in the way of healing Calehan."
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: The tomb was warded against spells of that nature.
(46) Ian: " There is no Temple of Solnor here Calehan,Odion sure but I am
not sure how well I will be recieved."
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: His Imperial Majesty has been travelling to various
outposts in the Empire over the last year but has not made his presence known
here within Kha-Shugal. And yet, there have been four attempts in the last
three weeks against his august self.
(60) Garret: "Was anyone captured, or even held suspect?"
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: There are whisperings of a traitor within our midst,
and Jobasha thinks that I am involved. You see, I am the only shadow elf in a
position of importance in the Empire, and high enough within His Imperial
Majesty's circle to have his ear.
** (43) Helisandra moves to Ian and speaks softly to him. "If you don't
want to visit their temple, I am sure one of us could visit them and attempt to
purchase what we need." **
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: The Emperor's Blades have taken prisoner one or two
assassins, who have committed suicide by self-administered poison.
Deathspeaking has proven ineffective.
(46) Ian: " It has always been my beliefs that the one who shouts traitor
to another is the one who should be watched."
(60) Garret: "I see."
(46) Ian: " I thank you Helisandra,but I fear you may not recieve a
welcome at all,better to send a man of the Temples speak with the Elders."
** (43) Helisandra nods. **
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: I have never found it worthy to spend time amongst the
Imperial court. Perhaps I should have.
(60) Garret: "Where was the last attempt on the Empereor?"
(46) Ian: " I know how you feel,until recently I was not a man of the
commoners,no offense meant to any here."
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: As I have knowledge of His Imperial Majesty's movements
within the city, I have naturally fallen under suspicion. However, it is my
belief that these attempts are coincident with the object of your quest, that
the lich is somehow involved. His presence is a malignant tumor on our land and
his influence reaches far beyond the grave.
** (46) Ian whispers to Helisandra," Did you bring the blade?' **
** (62) Calehan waits for Araevas to arrive and requests some specific
supplies. "I'll need a few bottles of wine and a supply of crushed pearl.
Over a thousand septims worth. Bring an extra owl's feather as well." **
** (43) Helisandra pats the wrapped blade she is carrying. **
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: At dinner three days ago. His meal was poisoned except
that it was his food taster who fell, as the Emperor is not given to eating
sweets. We have determined it was a five part poison, activated upon
consumption of all parts.
(46) Ian: " Show it to her,perhaps she knows of it."
(43) Helisandra: "Shouldn't Calehan study it first?" she whispers
(46) Ian: " It may be an elven blade of long ago,her kind were known for
making such weapons,as were the dwarves."
(46) Ian: " She may not be able to tell you everything about it,but she
may know its history."
** (43) Helisandra nods to Ian and waits until she finishes speaking with
(59) DM: The apprentice hurries away after receiving Calehan's request.
(43) Helisandra: "M'lady, there is one other thing that Ian believes you
might be able to help us with. Do you know of anything that uses a symbol of a
white arrow against black?"
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: A few things...why?
(60) Garret: "Hmmm... if they fear it is you, you might as well be
temporarily withheld knowlegde of his Majesties schedule. And if there is
another attempt in that time, it proves more or less you are not the
(43) Helisandra: "Well..." Helisandra brings forth the wrapped blade
and unwraps it, keeping it still in the blanket, but open enough for her to
see. "Is this one of them?"
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: Jobasha has requested that I be kept in sequestrance
for the next few days. And so I have been here in my tower. As my champions,
your presence here in the city will have been noted as well.
** Euriale d'Elinhir gasps upon seeing the sword. "Mother's
(60) Garret: "I take it this mean syou recognize it."
(43) Helisandra: "I take that as a yes."
(59) DM: She lays her hand, tremblingly upon the hilt and jerks it away as if
** (43) Helisandra looks at the hilt, then back at Euriale. "Are you
** Euriale d'Elinhir glances up at you (Helisandra) with an awed expression on
her face. "You do not know what you hold here in your hands..." **
(60) Garret: "Obviously.."
(46) Ian: " It is a symbol I am not familiar with,so I figured one such as
yourself would know of this blade."
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: This is no ordinary sword, but the Sword of Wisdom.
(43) Helisandra: "Not exactly. I figured, based on the metal chosen, that
it is old and powerful. And based on it's condition after being stuck hilt deep
in a tree for who knows how long - it is definately magical. Other than that -
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: One of the Twelve. How...how did you find it?
(46) Ian: " See I told you."
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: Within a tree? Then you are fated...or fools. Or both.
(46) Ian: " I would have to say both."
(60) Garret: "Probably both..." :sighs: "So.. what does it
(43) Helisandra: "Uh, well - now I'm a little embaressed. I caught the
glint of sunlight at dawn off the metal as I scouted our camping area before we
left Acererak's tomb. That's it. Pure luck."
** Euriale d'Elinhir recites, "Who holds Wayfinder finds good roads, its
master's step is brisk. The Sword of Wisdom lightens loads but adds unto their
(46) Ian: " Now that is a good name for our little company,The Fated
(43) Helisandra: "Gee, first the tapestry makes me a fool, now a sword
does too? It's almost enough to make me give up."
(71) T'a K'shet: "Speak for yourself."
(71) T'a K'shet: (To Ian)
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: A verse from an ancient song, the Song of Swords. The
Sword of Wisdom allows you to find that which you seek...but not necessarily
the safest way.
(60) Garret: "Better to be lucky than smart sometimes."
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: It is the opinion of many of the past owners of the
Sword that it actually picks the worst, most dangerous path for its user to
(60) Garret: "So... if we were to ask it say... Where do we go to kill
(71) T'a K'shet: ((AFK a few))
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: It would point you in his general direction. A warning:
the Sword functions best in the broadest sense, but less so in a more specific
(43) Helisandra: "Well, in that case - it doesn't need to be out like this
any more." Helisandra wraps the sword back up again and steps back with
(60) Garret: "Eh.. as long as it gives us some hint of where were
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: You do not know what a dangerous item one of the Twelve
is. You should not use it openly for such items of Power are noticed and
noticeable by those who are attuned to such magicka.
(43) Helisandra: "So we only use it if absolutely necessary."
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: When a spell of great strength is cast or an item of
power is used, one who is attuned to the ether can sense its use and certain
generalities of the user or users.
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: There are many who would give anything to possess one
of the Twelve, even a Sword such as Wayfinder.
(46) Ian: " And once more what I said is true."
(43) Helisandra: "Wait, I thought the only way to find one of the Twelve
was to first find it's memory. Or something like that."
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: Or to find it freely.
(46) Ian: " So who is attuned to this sword?"
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: There are some who say that the Swords are not found
unless They want to be found.
(43) Helisandra: "Of course, the dumb luck exception to the rule. Why
(46) Ian: " Better you than anyone else Helisandra,you will use it
(59) DM: (she is basically saying that if someone were to cast an 8th level
spell, for example, wizards of great power can sense the working of such magic
in the world. or if someone were to use an artifact, arcane users of high level
can sense such a use.)
(59) DM: (because its usage creates a disturbance in the "ether")
(43) Helisandra: "Are you kidding? I barely know how to hold the thing, of
course I won't be using it."
(46) Ian: ( Ahh so someone like a lich or other higher up baddies can tell we
have it when we use it and get a general location of where we are,so the more
we use it the easier for them to find us)
(59) DM: (kind of. the truth is more complex than that but that's the general
(60) Garret: :to Heli: "Seems you just need to point it... Think of t as
an oversized compass."
(60) Garret: (brb)
(46) Ian: " Yes like what Garret just said."
(43) Helisandra: "Well, I'll definitely keep it wrapped for now
(46) Ian: " Seems I was right on both counts on this sword."
(46) Ian: " And keep it well guarded as well Helisandra."
(43) Helisandra: "So you have said, well done Ian. Next topic
(46) Ian: " When would be a good time for you to send us on our way to the
(43) Helisandra: "So, we have plenty to think on, all of us apparently. Do
you have some beds we can use, the room we akoe in originally would be
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: This spell will take some time to prepare. A few days
(43) Helisandra: (( *awoke ))
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: As I do not know where his true tomb lies, I can send
you to Orend where you can at least begin your search.
(46) Ian: " Well we can stay here until you are ready,there are a few
things we need to gather while we are waiting."
(46) Ian: " That is good enough."
** Euriale d'Elinhir sizes you up with an appraising eye. "Of you all, Ian
would be a stranger there. Orend is aptly named the City of Sevenfold
(46) Ian: " I will go to the Temple of Odion and see about getting some
more healing potions and some scrolls. I am sure with all the gems we collected
we could afford some."
** (43) Helisandra perks her ears up slightly at the mention of Shadows. **
(59) Euriale d'Elinhir: The rule of the sword (and the dagger) is what serves
for justice in Orend. Wizards and priests and such are as rare as rain in a
(46) Ian: " No more out of place than the rest of the places I have been
(43) Helisandra: "I guess Ian can keep Tian company outside of town
then." she says with a smirk.
(46) Ian: " I am sure Tian will like that."
(62) Calehan: "It sounds like a place that'll be in for a surprise when we
show up then."
(46) Ian: " To say the least."
(75) Lunauc (enter): 02:31
(46) Ian: " Does anyone need anything else while I am out getting healing
(43) Helisandra: "Yes, but it's not something that you can get."
(43) Helisandra: "Anyone else?"
(62) Calehan: "Maybe, it would be useful to have some excess diamond dust
(46) Ian: " As you wish Helisandra,I shall take my leave now and head to
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (75) Lunauc...
(43) Helisandra: "Very well Ian. Calehan, where would that be obtained
(71) T'a K'shet: ((I'm going to have to head off early. See you all later.))
(43) Helisandra: (( later ))
(59) DM: ((probably should stop here considering that Cale will be IDing the
items and I need to hear from you what you want to do over the next three days
or so until Euriale is ready. so next sesh is RP time))
(75) Garret: (nite)
(59) DM: ((DJ will be gone for about a month))
(62) Calehan: "A well-to-do temple would keep a suitably large supply for
some rituals. That's why I mentioned it."
(75) Garret: (hai.. gotcha)
(59) DM: ((you guys wanted downtime, well now you have it.))
(43) Zane: Sounds perfect, as I am about to fall asleep as well. :) (212) DM: (read that and then start when ready.
be afk for 20 minutes) (214) Garret: (are we staying in the tower, or expected to find an inn?) (205) Zane: (( she better be providing us a
room. :P )) ** (210) Ian follows the orderly to his room ** ** (205) Helisandra looks out a window at the dark
sky. "Beautiful out there. I am going to see if I can locate a couple
items, I'll be back later. And Calhean, I'll see if I can find some diamond
dust for you - although that will likely have to wait until tomorrow. Anyone
else need anything?" ** (212) DM: ((in the tower)) (214) Garret: :offers to Heli as he heads for the stairs: "Just.. a
drink." ** (210) Ian asks the person who shows him his room
for some items,such as a pail of warm water,a bar of soap and a towel. ** ** (205) Helisandra smiles at Garret and getting no
other responses, she disappears into the shadows, creeping out into the city.
** ** (214) Garret heads out in search of a nice quiet
pub ** ** (210) Ian once the items are delivered,begins to
take off his armor,inspecting each piece then laying it off to the side,washes
his body,towels off,changes into some clean clothes,then begins to clean his
armor piece by piece,then takes out his prayer chest from his pack,opens it up
and begins with his nightly prayers,once finished,places the box back in his
pack,lays down to get some much needed sleep. ** ** (213) T'a K'shet strolls around the place, just
getting a feel for it, as well as noting anything that could be useful to the
group. ** ** (207) Calehan sits in his room with all the
magical items gathered together and spends the night next to a case of wine
identifying their function, item by item. As Calehan completes each inspection
he write down a description for each. ** whispering to Donovan, send me a list of all the
items you have and I'll send you back approximate descriptions of each whispering to Donovan, we can either do it in a
whisper or you can send me a node ** (210) Ian awakes in the morning,takes out his
prayer box once more and does his morning prayers for an hour,then works out
with his sword and flail for an hour,then washes up once more,puts on clean
clothes,puts on his armor,places his prayer box back in his pack,straps on his
weapons,grabs his pack and heads out to the Temple of Odion. ** (212) DM: (this is for Heli and Garret only) (205) Helisandra: (( Heli parted from Garret
when she went to the Bazaar, if that matters... )) (212) DM: ((ok)) (212) DM: (then for Heli only) ** (214) Garret goes off a' drinkin' ** (205) Helisandra: (( woo hoo - I'm special. :P
)) (212) DM: You pass by a stall. It seems to be a
weapons merchant, though the merchant is of no race you've ever seen. It seems
to be fully a head above your height, entirely covered in bluish-gray hair,
large slate gray eyes and...it has four arms. Its inspecting a broadsword. ** (205) Helisandra is intrigued by the new
character, but not enough to interrupt it. She notes the location in case
Calehan needs some daggers and she continues on. ** (205) Helisandra: (( brb while IDing gets done.
)) (212) DM: A few stalls down, you (Heli) find
what you're looking for. Quite interestingly enough, picks and such are sold
openly by the Khajiit behind the counter. (212) Ra'Zhid: Ra'Zhid sees that you are
interested, outlander. Is there something that you would like to buy? ** Ra'Zhid looks up and down Helisandra with a shrewd
glint in her eyes. ** (205) Helisandra: "That I would like to
buy? Many things." She smiles at the Khajiit and then spends time looking
over the lock picks and other theive's tools, trying to find some that are of
better quality (looking for masterowrk ones). "Right now though, I really
need to places some tools." (205) Helisandra: (( *replace.. )) (212) Ra'Zhid: Ah, Ra'Zhid sees that you are a
discerning customer and not an inferior one like so many who frequent Ra'Zhid's
shop. Very well, then. Ra'Zhid has a set or two of tools that might interest
you...for a price. Mrrow. (205) Helisandra: "Of course. The best
things always cost more. I would be intyerested in two sets, if you have
them." (205) Helisandra: (( Zane smacks himself with a
dictionary... *interested... )) (212) Ra'Zhid: Two sets of needle-thin tools then?
Five hundred septims. These are the best in the Empire. Ra'Zhid ought to know. (218) Lunauc (enter): 22:44 Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (218)
Lunauc... (205) Helisandra: "The best you say? Surely
you would be willing to at least allow me to see these first, yes?" ** Ra'Zhid chuckles and pulls out a set from
underneath her, presenting it to Helisandra. "One of the advantages of
being in a city like Kha-Shugal is that the Thieves' Guild operates openly
here, having the ear of the Matron of the city. That the Matron was once the
guildmistress can only help, not hurt." ** (205) Helisandra: "That does explain things
a bit, yes." She takes the set and looks it over, keeping it in plain
sight the entire time to avoid any misunderstandings. (212) Ra'Zhid: So...your accent is strange for
an outlander. You are not from the Empire. Mrrow. (casually inspects her
fingertips) (212) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(214) Lunauc' from
room... (214) Lunauc (exit): 22:53 (205) Helisandra: "No, I am not. My friends
and I are passing through our way south. Very quality work indeed. Pass along
my compliments to the maker. However, 500 seems a little much. How about 400
for the two sets? That should still be a good profit for you." (218) Garret: (afk a sec) (212) Ra'Zhid: Ra'Zhid sees that you are a
shrewd bargainer and would be willing to settle for four hundred and fifty
septims. Think of the ease with which you can now open the most difficult of
locks. And these picks have the added bonus of being enchanted, albeit with limits. ** (205) Helisandra thinks for a few moments then
asks, "Enchanted? How so?" ** (212) Ra'Zhid: It will bypass any magically
trapped door on the first such use. (205) Helisandra: "Hmm, I do suppose that
is worth the extra fifty. Very well, 450 then." (212) Ra'Zhid: Only one pick per set is
enchanted in such a fashion, hence the price per. (205) Helisandra: "I understand." Heli
pulls out her coin purse and counts out the little bit the she still has,
leaving 450 gold in the pouch. She places her leftover coins in her belt pouch
and sets the purse of 450 gold on the counter. ** Ra'Zhid pockets the septims purring contentedly.
"Ra'Zhid thanks you for your generosity, outlander, and would like to know
if there is anything else you might want before this shop closes." ** (205) Helisandra: "Not this evening,
although I may be back tomorrow." ** (205) Helisandra collects her two sets of picks as
she prepares to leave. ** (212) Ra'Zhid: "Very well. If you could
procure some skooma (voice drops a bit on mentioning this), Ra'Zhid can think
of a way or two to thank you. Mrrow." ** (205) Helisandra nods in response and smiles, then
heads out. ** (212) DM: ((where next?)) (205) Helisandra: (( well - got what I need, and
based on her comment, Heli would be expecting the shops to be closing up soon.
Swing back by the weapon merchant if he's still open. )) (212) DM: ((still open)) ** Majaeras is haggling with a dwarf over a
double-headed axe engraved with runes up and down the length of its oak handle.
** ** (205) Helisandra pops in and gives the merchant a
nod as she checks out a couple of items, concentrating on checking out the
daggers. ** (212) DM: Two furry arms hold the axe in front
of the dwarf while the other two gesticulate wildly as the two haggle. ** (205) Helisandra keeps her hands by her sides,
hands actually being held behind her back, as she looks at the daggers. ** (212) DM: The dwarf snorts and storms off
looking a bit nonplussed. For his part, the strange furry humanoid sighs with
relief. (205) Helisandra: "Another 'interesting'
customer, huh?" she asks with a smirk, glancing back at where the dwarf
exited. (212) Majaeras: "To close my shop soon and
to see you as my last customer." (nods) (205) Helisandra: "I will be but a moment.
I am looking for some quality daggers and wished to see what you have
available." (212) Majaeras: To have traded for a few
daggers and knives in days past. To have some for sale. To take a few moments
to look. ** Majaeras rummages about his stall, talking over
his shoulder. "To wish to know if you would like daggers unique to the
Empire or those from distant lands." ** ** (205) Helisandra pauses a moment, working out what
he is saying. "Myself, it doesn't matter. My friend that I am also looking
for would likely prefer those from distant lands." ** ** Majaeras nods, arms waving about. "To have a
set of longtooth daggers from the lands of the Southern Kingdoms as well as one
jambiya from Zayal. To have sold a talon not too long ago before you
arrived." ** (212) Majaeras: "To notice that you are
not from the Empire. To know that one is not alone in this. To be
relieved." (205) Helisandra: "You are not alone. In
fact, there are many in the world not from this Empire. You are far from alone.
As far as the daggers, those sound like what he would like. I will bring him by
tomorrow evening to check them out himself. I appologize for keeping you open,
have a good evening." ** Majaeras stands up after a long moment and
presents a tray for Helisandra's inspection. "To have a few for you to
look at. To hope that you might see something that interests you." ** ** (205) Helisandra glances at the selection passing,
pausing on a couple she looks at. "Yes, good quality. I am sure he will be
as interested as I am." ** (212) Majaeras: "Ah well. To be here in
the morning after the tenth hour. To bid you good evening." (205) Helisandra: "Good evening." She
gives the daggers one last glance and heads out. ** Majaeras rubs one of his wrists absentmindedly as
you head out. ** (212) DM: (FFing to the next day) ** (205) Helisandra wonders about this new merchant,
but lets it go for now - knowing that she is no longer in the world she knows.
Helisandra makes her way back to the tower, but does not enter. She instead
disappears into the shadows across the street from the tower. ** (212) DM: (after I'm done with Heli of course) (205) Helisandra: (( go ahead - FF. I'm
whispering to you... )) ** (210) Ian leaves the tower,stopping near a guard
and asking for directions to the Temple of Odion,once given,heads out to the
Temple. ** ** (218) Garret spends a good portion of the night
enjoying some relaxing drink in a quiet pub. The next morning he
uncharacteristically sleeps in. When he does rise he forgoes his usual training
regiment to seek out breakfast in this strange tower. ** ** (210) Ian walks down the street towards the
Temple,taking in all he sees. ** ** (210) Ian stops just at the doors of the
Temple,watching others enter to see what rituals they preform as they enter. ** ** (205) Helisandra sleeps in late, as she did not
return until just before runrise. She eventually wakes up (10 or 11ish) and
makes her way to get some bread to much on and she heads over to where Calehan
was to see how he is doing. ** ** (207) Calehan refreshes himself with meditation
and breakfast before returning to his work on a few more objects. ** ** (205) Helisandra quietly enteres where Calehan
works and she sits in the corner out of the way, being sure not to bother him
and just waiting until he has a moment free. ** (212) DM: As people enter the temple of Odion,
they say a short prayer at an altar in the main vestibule, light a candle or
ring a small crystalline bell set to the side of the altar, then head inside
the refectory of the temple. whispering to Ian, lost the tab, whisper me again ** (210) Ian enters the Temple,taking off his
helm,setting his shield aside,bows his head,says a prayer to Solnor,then rings
the bell,picks up his shield and enters the Temple,finding an empty
seat,looking for an Acrolyte to pass by. ** (205) Helisandra: (( brb - smokin' )) (212) DM: After a few moments, an acolyte
enters the refectory. (222) Donovan (enter): 00:13 ** (210) Ian motions for the man to approach me ** (223) Lunauc (enter): 00:19 Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (222)
Donovan... Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (223)
Lunauc... ** Tertius approaches Ian. "What can I do for
you?" ** (210) Ian: " I wish to speak with an
elder if none are too busy." (212) Tertius: Master Germanicus will be along
shortly. Services will begin in a few minutes. (212) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(218) Lunauc' from
room... (218) Lunauc (exit): 00:30 (210) Ian: " Thank you I would greatly
appreciate a word with him,if you see him could you tell him that Ian
Cromwell,knight of Solnor wishes to speak with him." ** (210) Ian sits quietly as the services
begin,watching the other patrons,to see what and how they react during the
morning services. ** ** DM nods and heads off to the altar, sitting in a
chair near the front of the room. After a few moments, a short, white-bearded
half-elf garbed in shining white robes enters the chamber. The symbol of Odion
is promiently displayed on the centerpiece of his robe. ** (212) DM: (Tertius*) (212) DM: The temple doesn't seem to be
particularly busy this morning. It's half filled though the congregation is
quite lively. The half elven elder leads the service, his baritone echoing
throughout the refectory. ** (210) Ian bows his head towards the half elf as he
enters ** ** (210) Ian studies the symbol of Odion,committing
it to memory. ** (207) Donovan (exit): 00:44 (212) DM: ((OOC: Odion's symbol is a sword
(blade pointing upwards) through the Crown of the Emperors against a golden
background)) (212) DM: After the service is over, the half
elf walks over to Ian. (212) Germanicus of Odion: Tertius said you
wished to see me. How can I help you? ** (210) Ian stands as the elder approachs him,"
I wish to purchase some healing potions and perhaps some scrolls if any are
available,I also would like to make a donation to your poor box." reaching
into his belt and pulling out a small sack of coins,handing it to the
elder." My the blessings of Solnor smile upon your Temple." ** (210) Ian: ( 500 gold coins) (210) Ian: *May ** Germanicus of Odion seems a little perplexed.
"Solnor?" ** (210) Ian: " The Temple I serve from
where I am from,I am not of this country." ** Germanicus of Odion accepts the donation, nodding
in thanks. "If you will come with me, I can arrange to see to your needs.
I am not familiar with your god, I'm afraid." ** (210) Ian: " Nor am I with
yours,perhaps we could have a conversation about each of our dieties." (223) Garret: (afk) (212) Germanicus of Odion: "Ah, a
traveller. Odion is a patron deity of the line of Emperors, dating back for
thousands of years. He is a god who stands for the light, and for those who
live to serve the Emperor and all that his House might require. Vigilance,
devotion and honor are his meat; loyalty, obedience and rulership his drink." (210) Ian: " Solnor demands no less
from those who serve him as well." (210) Ian: " I was raised by those of
the cloth,and grew up to serve Solnor and to spread his word in my travels,I do
not mean any disrepect,I am sure when your clergy make their travels into
wayward lands they too spread the words of Odion." (212) Germanicus of Odion: "Interesting.
Our two faiths may be much alike, so it seems. However, matters within the
Empire are such that those who practice the faith are inextricably intertwined
with Imperial politics." (210) Ian: " Ahh now there in lays the
difference,the Temple of Solnor has no politics involved,government and Temple
are separate." (210) Ian: " Though I can see the
practicality of having a gods ear along with that of a King." (212) Germanicus of Odion: "For instance,
though I am but a priest of Odion, we are but one of a triad. The faiths of
Almalexia and Hamlin are our counterparts. Together, we compose the Tribunal
Temple. Others within the Empire worship the Nine, gods who we of the Tribunal
do not believe in or follow. (sniffs) (210) Ian: " Though I must ask,what
happens when the two conflict against each other,who is it that you listen to
more?" (224) Lunauc (enter): 01:15 (210) Ian: " Do you not seek out those
who serve the Nine and convert them to your beliefs? I find it hard to
comprehend that there could be so many diverse religions and each are aloud to
flurish." Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (224)
Lunauc... (212) Germanicus of Odion: As long as a member
of the faith does not act against the Empire, then things are left to unfold
through natural action. There are many checks and balances within our land. (212) Germanicus of Odion: "We serve the
Empire in our own ways. Our faith is so different from the Nine Divines that to
convert an adherent to our order would be an impossible task." (210) Ian: " Ahh kind of like placing
ones hand in a gauntlet,the glove and fingers meshing together as one." (210) Ian: " I too understand that
notion,the companions that I travel with are as hard to convert as any that I
have met,each one has their own beliefs,some coincide with the teachings of
Solnor,while there are others that will not even think of another diety other than
the one they were taught." (210) Ian: " Yet when gravely
wounded,they do not hesitate to call out to the one who serves another diety
other than their own. Hense the reason I am here to make some purchases from
your Temple,perhaps in showing them that I hold no grudge against their
beliefs,it may in fact make it easier in the long run to convert a few of them
to the ways of Solnor." (212) Germanicus of Odion: "We wish...I
wish I could be as open in my faith as you are in yours, sirrah. I am afraid
that we are too much set in our ways. The time of the Temple is drawing to a
close for if we do not instill new blood within our ranks, we will no longer be
relevant in the eyes of the people." (210) Ian: " Perhaps you should do as
the Temple of Solnor did when faced with the same problem,take in some of the
more desolate of your followers and teach them the ways of Odion,thus not only
bringing in new blood as it were,but also showing to the Kingdom that you are
in fact a Temple to be worshipped." (210) Ian: " As my elder once said to
me. One can not take without first opening his hand and giving." (213) ticattack (exit): 01:37 (212) Germanicus of Odion: "This idea has
merit, yes. Will you be in the city for a few more days?" (210) Ian: " Yes,I am a guest at the
tower of Euriach." (not sure of the spelling) (223) Lunauc (exit): 01:44 (210) Ian: *Euriale (212) Germanicus of Odion: "Ah, Euriale
d'Elinhir. A fine woman. I must be going. Please, if you have a moment, stop by
again. I enjoyed our conversation and it is refreshing to hear one of your
talents." (210) Ian: " I shall,as for my
purchases,I would like those that heal critical wounds and those that heal
wounds completely,I trust and hope that you will be able to furnish me with
these items,if you wish I can give you payment for them now." (212) DM: (he does so) (212) DM: (ok, anyone else before I press the
magic button?) (224) Garret: (not really. Just planning to vacation a couple of days) (205) Zane: (( can wait - Heli would see if
Calehan wanted to go shopping - but it would wait until after he sobers up from
IDing. :P )) (222) Calehan: ((I'll finish the identifying on
the second day at this rate.)) ** (210) Ian places 10 gems on the table as he
leaves,2 diamonds,2 rudies,3 saphires and 3 emeralds. ** (210) Ian: " These were ill gotten
gains from the construct Asererak,it is he whom we seek,the real one,I shall
stop back in a day to see how things fair,I am sure these will be sufficient
payment for what I have requested." (212) DM: The priest is stunned. (212) Germanicus of Odion: "Words cannot
express our...my gratitude. Thank you noble paladin! I will see to it
personally that your potions and materials are ready." (210) Ian: " I thank you,may Solnor
smile upon you in all your endeavors this and every day." (210) Ian: " I take my leave,tis been
long since I have broke bread and I fear the emptiness of my stomach is getting
the better of me." ** (210) Ian bows to the elder as he leaves,stopping
just before he leaves to say another prayer and light a candle as he leaves the
Temple,heads back to the tower to get something to eat now that he is a pauper
once more. ** (212) DM: ((the staff: this item bears a
moderately powerful enchantment such that it can be used in battle as a weapon.
in addition, when the command word is spoken, it can be used to store spells
equal in level to its current owner but not more than a certain number. when a
second command word is spoken, its user can release the stored spells as if
cast by him or her. spells in excess of the number of levels stored by the
staff cannot be added as the energy is simply lost and the spell is wasted.
this item contains a moderately high number of spells at this time and is not
attuned to an owner.)) (212) DM: ((it should be noted that this item
has not been seen on Andurin since before the Invoked Devastation.)) (212) DM: ((steel scroll case: map showing the
location of Bzallin's tower.)) (227) Lunauc (enter): 02:15 (212) DM: ((bone scroll case marked with
Acererak's name: map showing the location of Acererak's true tomb)) Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (227)
Lunauc... (212) DM: ((as expected, a taunting poem is
written on the back of the map)) (205) Helisandra: (( hmmm - that just seems too
easy... )) (212) DM: ((a greatsword: this item bears a
moderately powerful enchantment. when it strikes a creature in an accurate
fashion, it further weakens that creature provided that the creature does not
resist the effect ((OOC: fails a Fort save)). There is something quite unsettling
about this weapon.)) (212) DM: ((clear viscous golden liquid: this
potion heals its imbiber and acts as a moderately powerful curative.)) (212) DM: ((transparent light blue: this potion
causes its imbiber to fly as per the spell, as if he or she had cast as a mage
of equivalent level)) (205) Helisandra: (( I take it these are the
notes that Calehan gives us all about the items? )) (212) DM: ((deep purplish: this potion causes
its imbiber to see as a dweller of the Sunless Lands might ((OOC: darkvision.
if you have darkvision, your range is doubled.)))) (212) DM: ((yes)) (212) DM: ((figured he'd repeat so I save him
the trouble.)) (205) Helisandra: (( cool )) (222) Calehan: ((You figure correctly.)) (212) DM: ((transluminant green: this potion is
a powerful poison and is lethal upon opening the flask as it becomes a gas.)) ** (222) Calehan shares his determinations about the
items they brought from the Acererak's vault with everyone that evening so they
can settle any accounting. ** (222) Donovan has sent you a tree node... (212) DM: The poem on the reverse of the map is
as follows: Dancing on the first great sign calls lying blades for cuts unkind.
The dancer finds another room and suffers here a watery doom.
Colored stones to thee bequeathed, bitten tightly in priestly teeth,
Each a key to a sacred wall, sign to sign will make it fall.
Pig or camel brings thee woe, while hippo clears the way to go
Those who cower to the south will fall into a hungry mouth.
Iron portal locked up tight, pound and pull with all your might,
As precious metal waters clay, earthen being makes the way.
Four fair stones that bear four signs, keys to whom whose tongue maligns
Those who dare disturb thy sleep, grief and woe is what they'll reap.
Bearing gems upon its back, place the creature in its tracks.
Trunk and tusk have platinum beast
By its walk you will release. (210) Ian: " Haven't we heard this poem
once before?" (222) Calehan: "It's definitely familiar.
The fake lich's final message sounded like this.' (205) Helisandra: "And know we know where
his tomb is even, so we can finally end his threat." (210) Ian: " With Solnor's aide I am
sure this time he will feel his wraith,as well as mine." (224) Lunauc (exit): 02:41 (212) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop. next
session, more of the same as Euriale prepares you for your journey.)