Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
14 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
12 Guests
Registered Users: Dog Ate Homework, Quick Loans


Back to MelNethra Logs
MelNethra game log

Moving to room 'MelNethra'..
TaliesinNYC:
ok, starting
DM:
11:52 ** (415) Gabrielle looks down that stairway. **
11:52 ** Helisandra moves on to the staircase, glancing at everyone one last time to make sure things have calmed down before moving to the stairs and examining them. **
11:54 ** Calehan waits for everyone else to be out of the way then flips over over the side and drops nimbly down into the clear area. **
11:54 DM: There is a small landing past the door in the pit that leads to a steep staircase (about 100') descending to another small landing before turning west and descending another flight of stairs. The second staircase leads to another corridor, in which can be seen a closed stone door on the left wall.
11:55 ** Helisandra starts making her way down checking for hidden traps. "Stay off the stairs until I finish them, just to make sure, ok?" **
11:57 (415) Gabrielle: " Well if we come to a mist covered doorway again,someone else can enter first this time."
11:57 ** Tian Keth stays a few paces behind Heli keeping his nose and ears on the look out for danger **
11:57 (418) Garret: :to Ian: "Why? next one might turn you back."
11:58 ** Helisandra stops on the landing after the first set of stairs. **
11:58 ** (418) Garret waits until Heli finished searching a flight of stairs before following down. **
11:58 DM: ((ok, stop here))
11:59 Helisandra: "Looks like yet another hidden door." she says sa she runs her hand along the wall, looking for a way to open the secret door she found.
11:59 Helisandra: (( ahh, we started tonight with an open secret door, I was hoping we could end it opening another secret door. :P ))
11:59 DM: ((again, for this interlude, Jarvis will not be present as he did not enter the game until a later point. everyone else will need to revert to their version of Tian, Garret, etc. at 9th level. Daelan will be present.))
12:00 DM: **begin interlude**
12:00 (446) TaliesinNYC: Vale of Yvvivor: (76) Calehan: Look at the door, Garret.
(77) Garret: "Well... that's a door."
Tian Keth: "A floating one at that"
Helisandra: "Yeah, kind of at least..."
(77) Garret: "Wonder if it does any other tricks."
(76) DM: After a moment, the word Ery'hiln forms within the door.
(76) Calehan: Speak the name, Garret.
(77) Garret: "Hmm.." :glances back to Cale, befor turning back to the door: "Ery'hiln."
** Helisandra keeps silent, watching the magic and letting the others deal with things as she keeps her eyes out for any visitors, in case they don't quite make it before their electrical friends arrive. **
(76) DM: A long, blank-walled corridor appears before you. It appears to stretch away from you 100', and at its end is another doorway filled with gray mist.
** Tian Keth looks to Cale "We enter now?" **
(77) Garret: "I suppose that's what doors are for."
** (76) Calehan nods **
** (77) Garret moves to the gate, picking up a stone alone the way, which he tosses into the hall beyond in precaution **
** Helisandra follows Garret, keeping a close eye on things ahead of them as they walk, hoping she will notice any surprises before it's too late. **
(76) DM: The stone disappears down the corridor.
(76) DM: As you enter the corridor, you find that you exited through the far corridor simultaneously....and....
12:03 Drenla: This is a place born of old, ancient magicka when the world was young and Men were not yet within the world as they are now. (is awed)
12:03 (418) Garret: "So... it's old then." :looks around suspiciously:
12:03 Drenla: I expect that when you leave here, things will be greatly changed for you. In what ways, I do not know nor can I dream of them.
12:05 (415) Daelan: " To bad they can not as they are now."
12:05 (418) Garret: "I'm not gonna sprout big ears and a tail or anything, I hope."
12:05 ** Helisandra simply stares, unsure of what to think. **
12:06 ** Tian Keth looks around place searching for anything that may pose a threat **
12:06 Etienne d'Amberville: Mais oui, yes you will be greatly changed. This place stands in between worlds and apart from the world that you know.
12:07 (418) Garret: :stares coldly to the newcomer: "Change hoow?"
12:07 DM: The image of an ancient, elderly human in amber colored robes appears in your midst. The image wavers in and out of reality, as if something is not quite there or as if the spell has difficulty maintaining itself.
12:07 DM: He seems familiar.
12:08 (416) Tian Keth: "Who are you?"
12:08 (415) Daelan: " Well this would be a nice place to go when we Quessir cross over,a place with no Edan."
12:08 Calehan: "Illusions can't be maintained in here, you should know."
12:09 Etienne d'Amberville: You yourselves do not remember it, but you are changed from your original selves. It is the nature of a Focus to alter that which enters it should one be enhanced with magicka. That a Focus would strip one of magicka is a false rumor spread by those who are not well-versed in the Art.
12:09 (415) Daelan: " I am not changed."
12:09 Etienne d'Amberville: You know me but do not remember. Quite simply, I am a friend. (smiles warmly)
12:09 Helisandra: "Our original selves?"
12:10 Etienne d'Amberville: Not now you are, Quessir, but you will be when you leave this place.
12:10 (418) Garret: :to Dael: "Well.. have you always had that red bump on your forehead?"
12:10 ** (415) Daelan reaches over and pinches Calehan hard on the arm. **
12:10 ** Calehan yelps, "What was that for?" **
12:10 (415) Daelan: " Making sure you are not an illusion."
12:11 (418) Garret: :to Ettienne: "Once more, how will we be changed?"
12:11 (415) Daelan: " Changed,how am I going to change? Am I going to like the Edan now?"
12:11 Calehan: "I just said, didn't I? As he explained magicka is altered in here."
12:11 Helisandra: "Wait, does this have something to do with the other selves that Mnemone mentioned?"
12:12 (415) Daelan: " Or worse yet,will I become one?"
12:12 Etienne d'Amberville: Once you leave here, you shall be increased in power....but this is a temporary change, as what is given freely can be taken away. Such is the whim of the gods. (shrugs) In the meantime, I would use the power granted to you to accomplish certain tasks which are beyond your ken.
12:12 ** Tian Keth shrugs not caring about changes **
12:13 Etienne d'Amberville: As for you, Quessir, you will become what you are not. (smiles gently)
12:13 (418) Garret: "Civilized?"
12:13 ** Tian Keth laughs **
12:13 (415) Daelan: " Do any of you give a direct answer? Or is it always cryptic with you?"
12:13 (418) Garret: "Emotionally stable?"
12:14 Calehan: "So cryptic, you must be a wizard."
12:14 Helisandra: "I think this is the way it's always worked Daelan. As annoying as it is, it seems familiar."
12:14 Etienne d'Amberville: Oui. (winks at Calehan)
12:14 ** Drenla simply stares at Etienne. **
12:14 ** (418) Garret looks around a moment before inquiring further, "May I ask, what tasks it is you have in mind for us?" **
12:15 (415) Daelan: " Uh uh there is no us,I am here for one reason only,to kill Almeena."
12:15 Etienne d'Amberville: You already know. (smiles gently) You already know what they are.
12:16 Helisandra: "The Swords?"
12:16 (418) Garret: "Then I must have forgotten."
12:17 Etienne d'Amberville: That is one of those tasks. There are others.
12:17 (416) Tian Keth: "A crown of truth and of courage, An orb of drakes unbidden and unbroken, A shield created with love and with passion, A blade of light and of shadow. The blade is known as Darkmoon"
12:17 Etienne d'Amberville: Yes, you remember. Bits and pieces though.
12:18 Etienne d'Amberville: It is not for me to repeat what you know. I am forbidden by the laws which mark me as a mage.
12:18 (415) Daelan: " The swords of old,pfft,giving them a sword of old to an Edan is like giving a bow to a child,they can not understand the power behind it."
12:18 (416) Tian Keth: "We came here, if I remember correctly as part of some other prophacy about the coming of a new king that we learned about when we were investigating Darkmoon"
12:19 Calehan: "Something about an undying tyrant. Bit and pieces is about right."
12:19 ** Etienne d'Amberville merely smiles on hearing Daelan. "In time, you will learn that many of the truths you were taught as a child are...different." **
12:20 (416) Tian Keth: "I cant seem to remember what is was we were after in this place though, something to do with music. So if this apperition is done talking of inevitable change maybe we should look for what ever it is we came here for?"
12:20 (415) Daelan: " Yes and many will be the same."
12:20 (418) Garret: "Are you going to give us any actual information, or just pick at our supposed memories, effectively turning this into and exaggerated meet and greet?"
12:21 ** Elamurix Celendil clutches his head and stumbles against a wall in the corridor. "I think I need a moment to catch myself." **
12:21 ** (415) Daelan laughs at Garrets comment **
12:21 ** Helisandra moves over to Elamurix. "Are you ok?" **
12:21 (415) Daelan: " Well nice to see that others have the same feelings as I do."
12:22 Etienne d'Amberville: I have already given you information, my child. This will be the first meeting of five. The spell that holds me to this plane is weakening. We will meet again.
12:22 DM: **end interlude**

DM:
(from last session)
Tian Keth:
(( We in our older selves still? ))
DM:
((no))
DM:
((that was for last sesh only))
Calehan:
((You realize I have no idea which you mean by 'older'?))
** Helisandra moves her hand along the wall of the first landing down, searching for a way to open a door she noticed there. **
** Tian Keth quietly listens and sniffs for danger while Heli works **
DM:
((at the foot of the first flight of stairs where Heli discovered a secret panel))
** Calehan glances around at everyone one more time making sure there's no other outbursts coming before peering into the murk down the stairs as far as he can see. **
DM:
The door slides aside...
** Helisandra peers into the open doorway, not letting anyone rush past her yet. **
** Helisandra sees nothing immediately so she looks at her companions, "The road less traveled?" **
DM:
((should have a door there, sorry))
** T'a K'shet shrugs. "Either all goes foward, or all stays here. T'a thinks the first would be best" **
Tian Keth:
"Sure" **Peers past into the new hall**
** Helisandra heads on into the new path, searching the walls, ceilings and floors for traps as she slowly moves down it. **
Calehan:
"If it's hidden, then we probably aren't wanted in there. Even better, it's a left turn."
DM:
Unlike its predecessors, the construction and stonework of this new passage suggest that it was a newer addition.
T'a K'shet:
"Actually, from what T'a has seen, if it is hidden it likely leads foward..."
Helisandra:
'What does a left turn have to do with anything?"
** T'a K'shet smiles a little. "It isn't the right way?" **
** Calehan shrugs, "Probably nothing yet but I think that's the meaning of one of the final lines of the riddle." **
** Calehan quotes, "'You've left and left and found my tomb.' Also remember that whoever constructed this place wants us to die, so when I say we aren't wanted in there, that's good." **
Helisandra:
"True, I thought the riddle was going sequentially, but maybe not. Only one way to find out." she says quietly, as she continues to study the pathway for traps, moving down it slowly.
** Garret follows patiently, staying out of Heli's way while keeping a careful watch **
** Helisandra walks along the path for a shortways, before disappearing around a corner. She keeps doing her thing and finally reaches a stone door. Having seen no other way on, she checks the door for any nasty surprises. **
** Calehan follows the rest patiently, knives held casually at his sides. **
** T'a K'shet follows, glancing around as she does so. **
** Helisandra scans the door for a moment before opening it slightly and peering in. If she sees nothing waiting to kill them, she opens the door and surveys the room. **
DM:
Something neighs in the distance.
DM:
(behind you)
** Tian Keth sniffs to figure out what made the noise **
** Helisandra glances back, "Ok, who was that?" **
** T'a K'shet turns around at the sound. "A horse?" **
** Calehan whispers, "Anyone have an idea what would sound like that and have a reason to be in here?" **
** Garret crooks a brow and turns to look back **
T'a K'shet:
"Illusionary noise, undead mounts, others who entered the tomb before or after us..."
Garret: "Someone get turned into a horse, maybe?"
DM:
This room (19) appears to be a laboratory. It contains bookshelves and tables, cauldrons and fiery braziers, vats and chests, crammed full of test tubes, vials, beakers, jars, alembics and other alchemical equipment. In the center of the chamber is a mystical pentagram. Another stone door can be seen on the far side of the chamber.
Garret: :does a quick head count to make sure no one's missing.. or equine.
DM:
Ian is not with you (at the moment)
Garret: ((no but gabrielle is... close enough))
Helisandra:
"There is another doorway in this room, with lots of other things. BUt maybe we should check that sound out first."
Calehan:
"Seems prudent, we did leave the door open after all, so they might find us if we try to ignore it."
T'a K'shet:
"Agreed. Come" T'a turns around and strides towards the source of the sound at full speed (70 ft. /round)
** Helisandra follows T'a, although at her own, slower speed. "I hope she doesn't run into an area we haven't checked yet." she mutters. **
** Calehan hustles to try to keep up with T'a's swift stride, but still falls behind. **
DM:
(did you guys rest for 8 hours, etc. before starting tonight?)
** Tian Keth stands by door listening for the animal he heard a few moments ago **
Helisandra:
(( not that I know of. When we ended two weeks ago - I had just found the door, and then tonight I opened it. ))
Tian Keth:
Listen Skill Check: [1d20+25] -> [3,25] = (28)
Calehan:
(on the stairs? No I don't believe so.)
DM:
(ok then, carry on.)
T'a K'shet:
(Don't think so...)
DM:
Yes, something neighs a way back from you.
Helisandra:
(( which way - up or down the stairs? ))
DM:
You emerge from the heretofore hidden passage and see Gabrielle resting beside a celestial steed that stands watch protectively over her sleeping form.
DM:
The steed whickers at you.
** T'a K'shet raises a brow. "Oh. That is another explanation" **
** Helisandra looks at the horse that suddenly appeared in the middle of a dungeon and shakes her head. "Paladins." **
Garret: :blinks, wondering aloud: "Kind of a strange place for a stable."
** Helisandra heads back to the strange room she just left, placing her arm around Calehan's along the way, directing him to the next room as well (19) "Now stay calm, you know that Acererak has tried to tempt trespassers with greed before, so don't go crazy in here..." she warns him before showing him the laboratory. **
Gabrielle:
( btw there are fruits,gruel and water there as well)
** T'a K'shet follows Heli and Calehan, and looks around the room for anything of interest to her (Scrolls, wands, potions, books of obscure lore, etc.) (([1d20+7] -> [20,7] = (27))) **
** Tian Keth stays by the entrance to the stange room while the others investigate **
Calehan:
"You know I don't go in for that sort of thing. Much."
** Garret enters the room, hand resting on the hilt of his sword as he approached, wary of strange magical horses. Nudging Gabrielle with the toe of his boot, he tries to wake the transgendered paladin, "Oi, Ian, you alright?" **
** Helisandra smiles at Calehan and lets go of him once the enter the room and lets him search for his 'sort of thing'. She, meanwhile, looks about the place in her own way. **
** Calehan looks around the room first for any points of obvious interest. [1d20+1] -> [15,1] = (16) **
DM:
This seems to be some kind of mummy preparation room.
** Gabrielle 's mount spins around,both his hind feet lash out at Garret [1d20+14] -> [17,14] = (31),then quickly spins around,rearing up,lashing out with both front hooves at Garret,[1d20+10] -> [4,10] = (14),[1d20+10] -> [18,10] = (28) then lands hard on the floor,with its mouth coming down at him [1d20+8] -> [16,8] = (24) for the bite. **
** Helisandra shivers slightly once before she ignores it and continues on her search. **
DM:
(roll damage if any of those strike please.)
Gabrielle:
[1d10] -> [8] = (8) for the hind leg kick
Garret: (first attack hits))
** Tian Keth sees the stange horse attack and instantly leaps to protect Garret **
Tian Keth:
INIT: [1d20+15] -> [18,15] = (33)
** Garret backs off quickly, gripping his sword, but stays his attack, watching the horse. "Tian, hold!" **
** Tian Keth comes up short, waiting to see if the animal attacks again **
** Gabrielle stands up,drawing her sword,looking at the others," Touch my mount and I swear to Solnor,even if it takes my last breath,I shall gut you like a fish." **
** Calehan walks over to one bookcase and scans some titles before walking closer to one of the vats and peers into it. **
** Garret holds up one hand in calming, "Relax! Lets all relax..." **
** Gabrielle gestures to Tian," He protects you,my mount protects me." **
** Helisandra wanders about the room slightly before making her way to the door, which she studies for a few moments. **
** Tian Keth growls and goes back to the door **
Gabrielle:
" Eat the food if you wish,I need to rest,leave me alone or else."
** Gabrielle sheathes her sword,and goes back to lay down once more. **
** Garret lets his hand stray from his sword, explaining, "It's alright, I didn't know it was your mount. I went to check if you were alright. I suppose I spooked it. Are you sure you're alright? You seem bitchier than normal." **
Gabrielle:
" You would be too,if you were almost killed by those whom you are supposed to be traveling with."
** Garret just raises a brow, not bothering to dignify with a response. Instead he changes the subject, "Where'd the food come from?" **
Gabrielle:
" From me,now either eat and shut up,or leave and shut up."
** Calehan calls out to the room, "Although it's a little hard to see, there does seem to be part of a key in this vat." He sniffs then wrinkles his nose and comments, "Smells acidic too." **
Helisandra:
"Part of a key? Think the acid ate it?"
Garret: "Wellm thanks then." :sits down to have a quiet meal.:
Calehan:
"No, it had to have been there all along, so it must be unaffected."
Helisandra:
"Strange. I'll be over as soon as i finish with this door."
T'a K'shet:
"T'a could use her magick to try and lift it out, but she would need to rest, to prepare her spells"
Calehan:
"Well, a key is probably important in here. There could be another trap protecting it too so stand back; I'm going to try to get it out."
** T'a K'shet takes a few steps back, keeping a careful eye on the proceedings. **
Calehan:
"In fact, there may be the other half right there." *points out another vat* "But it's even harder to see through that stuff."
** Helisandra heads over to the vat Calehan pointed to and looks into it to see she can see another part of a key. **
** Calehan sheathes his daggers and rolls up his sleeves before proceeding. **
** T'a K'shet stares at the vats, trying to sense if any magical traps are in place. (Using the persistant Detect Magic) **
** Gabrielle closes her eyes and goes back to sleep **
** T'a K'shet throws a glance at Calehan. "You are not going to put your hands in acid, are you?" **
Calehan:
"Well, not at first."
** Calehan incants a simple spell and touches one glowing palm to his other hand and a green glow infuses his body fading to a sickly yellow as it disappears from sight. **
Calehan:
"Now watch in amazement as I pull a key out of this vat."
** Calehan gestures over the acidy vat as if coaxing the key to rise up out of it. **
Calehan:
"Now would be a good time to be standing back."
** Tian Keth stays guarding the door **
Helisandra:
(( which vat are you at, the one close to or far from the closed door? ))
Calehan:
((You know, I don't know.))
Helisandra:
(( k ))
Tian Keth:
(( AFK for a smoke ))
DM:
((back))
** Calehan grasps the key in one hand once it clears the vat then turns toward the other vat, "Easier than I thought." **
Calehan:
"One more piece, I wonder if there are more keys."
** Helisandra is peering into the other vat, trying to see if she sees part of a key in that one. **
Helisandra:
"Yep, looks like there is one here as well. Want to try your trick again?"
T'a K'shet:
"Wait... There is is something in this vat..."
** Calehan peers into the murky fluid trying to pinpoint the key piece. "There it is." Calehan stands up and holds his other hand over the vat this time. **
Calehan:
"'Something'? Another key?"
Calehan:
"Go ahead and check that out while I retrieve this. Looks like it'll be safe."
** Calehan repeats the incantation and gesturing over the other vat and now has both pieces of hopefully the same key. **
** T'a K'shet approaches the vat slowly, gazing at the creature, and tensing up in case of trouble. "Hello?" **
** Helisandra joins Calehan's side to look at the two peices to see if she can determine if they go together or not. **
DM:
The keys fuse together as one.
Helisandra:
"These keys?" she asks Calehan.
DM:
As the other half of the key rises out of the vat, it trails tendrils of acidic slime.
Calehan:
"'And those?' I'm expecting there'll be more."
** T'a K'shet glances at the slime. "Be careful" **
Calehan:
"If it's just acid, I can wipe it off safely."
** Helisandra takes a step back from the slime. "Oh, how gross." **
** Calehan wipes the key clean, trusting his enhancement will keep him unharmed. He wipes his hands clean on the egde of a vat. **
Helisandra:
"Just be sure to keep that key somewhere safe, if it was broken and in acid, I am sure it will be important to us at some point."
** Calehan grins, "I have just the thing," and stuffs the now clean key into a pocket of his belt. **
Helisandra:
"Well, if we are done here, that door leads to another passageway."
** Helisandra indicates the door in the SW (??) corner of the room. **
DM:
(yes SW)
** Tian Keth goes over to the door Heli indicated and stands guard as she works **
T'a K'shet:
"Wait... That slime. It came from the creature in the vat"
Tian Keth:
"We just going to leave Gabrielle here sleeping?"
** Helisandra walks to the door and opens it up wide, showing the passageway beyond it. She smiles at Tian, "Thanks, but I took care of the door earlier." **
Tian Keth:
"Not that I would mind horibly, but we just got over some of our diferances"
Calehan:
"Not exactly unguarded though."
T'a K'shet:
"T'a would like to know what it is, and why it has done nothing. It was likely placed here as a trap, but was not triggered. It may have some effect later"
Tian Keth:
"Leave sleeping creatures alone please. If the slime hops out of the vat then we can investigate it, untill then I would prefer you leave it alone"
** Calehan shrugs, "I don't know anything about it." **
Helisandra:
"Sleeping? Is that what she's doing? Well, we shouldn't leave her I guess. How about we all rest a little, we have been pressing on and on for a while now. That way T'a might be able to learn something about her 'creature' that no one else seems to see."
** T'a K'shet looks at Tian. "Very well. It just seems to have done nothing. It may have an unpleasant effect later, which could be avoided here" **
** T'a K'shet nods at Heli. "Yes. That would be appreciated" **
Helisandra:
"Let's do that then. Is Garret still back there with Ian, or Gabi, or whatever she is going by now?"
** Tian Keth nods "Very well. I'll guard this door, do you think you can lock the other door so we dont get any surprizes while the rest of you sleep?" **
** Garret sits in the paladin's makeshift lounge, eating a leisurely meal, waiting for the others **
** Calehan walks over to look for the creature in the vat, "Maybe a humonculus? Just throwing out guesses; seems something like that might be made with this room." **
** Gabrielle sleeps soundly,knowing she is protected by her horse. **
T'a K'shet:
"It trailed slime. This makes T'a suspect some sort of ooze"
Helisandra:
"I'm assuming that Gabrielle took care of protecting herself since she didn't say anything before falling asleep. And that puts the entrance way to this room as safe as we can expect in this place. What I was thinking about Tian, was me going ahead and scouting out the next passageway. We would be able to make better time if I am not searching for traps when everyone is trying to get down the passage. And I don't need as much sleep as many people do."
Tian Keth:
"I'll join you, as I dont need much sleep either"
Calehan:
"It seems very passive anyway."
Helisandra:
"If you wish, I wouldn't mind the company. Calehan and T'a, we will be back soon."
** Tian Keth checks his grip on Frenzy Fang and follows behind Heli **
** T'a K'shet nods. "Very well. Yes, it is still, but it was put in the way of progress, getting the keys. Perhaps T'a is being paranoid..." **
** Helisandra starts making her way down the passageway out of 19, checking for traps. As she moves, she quietly whispers to Tian. "You seem even more tense than usual Tian, we have not been hidden from the sky for that long of a time." **
** Tian Keth whispers back "More then a few hours is too long so not smell fresh air" **
Calehan:
"As long as there's time the first thing to ask is what is it? That can tell us why it was put here."
T'a K'shet:
"Yes" T'a leans over the vat and tries to determine what the creature might be. ((Knowledge Arcana: [1d20+25] -> [18,25] = (43)))
** Calehan studies the creature for some time as well, though without the benefit of detect magic. **
** Helisandra nods to Tian and gives him a quick light reassuring squeeze on his elbow as she reaches a corner. She peers around it to a set of stairs that she checks out and starts down. **
** Tian Keth stays close to Heli, but giving her enough room to work **
Helisandra:
"The sooner we finish this, the sooner we get outdoors again. I'm with you on that Tian, I have grown to prefer the outdoors to anything else as well."
DM:
It's of a deep purplish color, almost black.
Calehan:
"I wonder if it's already dead."
Tian Keth:
"You have any rope Heli, two feet should be enough to get around the pit, but just incase I want to have a rope tied between us."
T'a K'shet:
"Or undead... Neither would surprise T'a..."
DM:
A few feet past the staircase is an open pit, about 18' wide and 20' long, 10' deep and filled with green-tinged steel spikes.
DM:
There is a ledge of about 2' running around the perimeter.
** Helisandra looks at the pit. "I know that I will be fine - you've seen how I can move around such things now. Although, I am fairly certai I could have handelled this without my cloak as well." **
Tian Keth:
"Ok, good enough." ^em**Motions for Heli to cross first**
** Helisandra starts to make her way across the narrow ledge, keeping the palms of her hands and her back pressed against the wall. She crosses normally, but keeps the spider ability prepared in case it is needed ata moment's notice. **
DM:
As Helisandra sets foot within the last 3' portion of the ledge, ALL of the spikes in the pit fly upwards. (Reflex)
Helisandra:
Reflex vs Traps: [1d20+23] -> [12,23] = (35)
DM:
She narrowly avoids the hail of spikes and lands on the other side of the pit. As she does so, you see that the spikes have been replaced by a new set below.
Tian Keth:
"Well this should be interesting"
Helisandra:
"Well, that was unexpected. Let me see if I can find that trigger."
Tian Keth:
"I'll look on this side"
** Tian Keth examins the area Heli crossed looking for anything that might have triggered the spikes **
Calehan:
"I suppose we could try killing it to make sure but something seems odd about that."
** Helisandra starts searching the ledge for traps, specifically the area she was in when it triggered, only a few feet from fully crossing. **
Tian Keth:
"Ok so we just have to hop over the last three feet, Unless you find a way to disable that all together"
Helisandra:
"Could be, but that's just this side. I'd guess that the other side is trapped the same way, or even a different way possibly."
T'a K'shet:
"Yes. But this may trigger it as well...." She shrugs, then reaches down at gently touches it with one finger, ready to pull away if it moves.
** Tian Keth crosses the ledge carefull not to step on the last part and hops the rest of the way **
Tian Keth:
Jump Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [19,7] = (26)
** Helisandra finds the area where the trap was set off and makes a mental note of it. She allows Tian to cross and then returns to the area to see what she can do to break the trap for those of the party that don't jump so well. **
** Helisandra frowns slightly, then stands. It's just a magical trap, I couldn't find a way to break it. So let's make sure we don't forget about it later on." **
Helisandra:
"It's just a magical trap, I couldn't find a way to break it. So let's make sure we don't forget about it later on."
** Tian Keth nods **
** Helisandra turns and continues on down the pathway, searching for traps as she goes along. **
Calehan:
"I guess we can go check on Garret and the food."
** Calehan looks around the room, "Though this place doesn't do much for the appetite." **
** Helisandra pauses after a while of moving down the cooridor. "At least I keep finding some things still," she comments as she searches the area of the hidden door she noticed for any traps before going to find a way to open it. **
** Calehan heads out of the room to see how Garret and the horse are getting along. **
** Gabrielle 's mount,moves to prevent anyone from approaching the sleeping Gabrielle. **
** Garret is finishing up at the table as the others enter, "Where're the other two?" **
Calehan:
"They're scouting ahead."
** Tian Keth continues sniffing and listening for danger **
Garret: "Oh, alright." :drinks down some water:
** T'a K'shet jerks back from the vat, letting out a hiss of surprise. **
** Helisandra finally feels satisfied with her searchings and opens the secret door, revealing... **
** T'a K'shet catches her breath from the shock. "It is alive. Or active, at least." **
** Helisandra has uncovered a small 10 x 10 room with a stone door. "Yet another door. This lich likes his doors." **
** Helisandra searches the room for any traps before entering it and approaching the stone door. After clearing the room, she moves on to the stone door. **
** Tian Keth looks into the room to see if there is anything interesting or threatning **
** Calehan chokes down some tasteless gruel and settles for some water to wash it down before going back to check on T'a, since she hasn't come out yet. **
** Helisandra finds nothing in the small room or on the door and so proceeds to 'make the door accessible to all', and finishes easily. She cracks the door open and peers into the next room to make sure it's empty. Seeing it is, she opens the door fully and steps in to allow Tian a view. **
** T'a K'shet turns to Calehan. "It is active, but T'a does not think it is dangerous unless provoked" **
Helisandra:
"All this desctruction, it's so out of place. Everthing else so far has been neat and organized, why would this room be in shambles?"
Tian Keth:
"The green cloth isnt in shambles, maybe it has some segnifigence?"
Calehan:
"Maybe it's supposed to be released if someone broke the vat to get at the key. That would probably provoke it."
Helisandra:
"Maybe. Or maybe it's just part of Acererak making sure that no one knows what to expect down here."
T'a K'shet:
"That would be true, T'a thinks. It is likely best to leave it alone, then. Is there any more food left?" she says as she turns and heads to join the others.
** Helisandra takes a couple steps into the room, looking over the destruction, trying to spot any containers that may be solid enough to hold another key. **
DM:
The floor (room 21) bucks and jumps violently. (Heli and Tian, Reflex)
Tian Keth:
Reflex save: [1d20+19] -> [1,19] = (20)
Calehan:
"I believe that's what it's being called though it could use some touch ups to be properly fit for consumption."
DM:
This probably accounts for the state of the contents in the room.
Helisandra:
Reflex vs Traps: [1d20+23] -> [14,23] = (37)
DM:
(6 damage if you fail)
DM:
(Tian only)
Helisandra:
(( if a 37 fails, the whole party is in trouble... ))
** Helisandra quickly makes a few steps back to the doorway, getting out of the room, and helping Tian up as well if he has more trouble with his footing. **
DM:
(no, only Tian, lol)
Helisandra:
"Well, that explains a few things, huh?"
** Tian Keth stumbles then falls, quickly hoping up and back out of the room **
Tian Keth:
"Ya, bad idea to walk in there"
** Helisandra kneels down at the doorway and tries to search for a trigger for the room shaking trap. **
** Helisandra looks up, across the room and then at Tian. "Well, it seems to be the way this room was designed. If any weight is placed on the floor, it shakes. But there is no door out of here, so we shouldn't need to cross it anyway." **
** Tian Keth nods **
** Helisandra stands up and heads back to the long hallway. "Maybe there's another doorway later on." **
** Helisandra continues her search of the long hallway, continuing east - searching for traps and any other secret doors. **
T'a K'shet:
((AFK a few))
** Helisandra reaches the end of the hallway, finding nothing. "Well, this goes nowhere. Either this entire hallway is to lead into that shaking room, or I missed something." **
Helisandra:
"And the only place I didn't look, is in that room..." Helisandra moves quickly back to the room they just left. She gets to the doorway and pauses, looking at the walls for a moment, even peeking her head in to look at the south wall/
** Tian Keth just follows Heli staying close "Wonder what use a shaking room is?" **
Helisandra:
"Well, it does prevent most people from wanting to cross it..."
Tian Keth:
"Probably have to get to the other side then"
Helisandra:
"Let's see if there is a reason to cross it of not. Thank all that is right for new magic items appearing at our bedside." She smiles slyly at Tian before reaching in through the doorway and grabbing the south wall, which she then used to crawl up to the ceiling, and then as a path to get over to the far side of the room - without touching the floor.
** Tian Keth smiles as Heli crawls around the room like a little bug **
** Helisandra makes her way to the north wall, and upon finding nothing makes her way to the northwest corner, where Tian can easily see her. She points to the tapestry and then pulls the edge near her out a couple inches so she can peer behind it. **
** Helisandra peeks her head back out. "Tian, found a door." **
Tian Keth:
"Hiding behind the cloth?"
Helisandra:
"Yep. Apparently the tapestries were important. Important in hiding the way out."
Helisandra:
"I'll return shortly." Heli then skitters behind the tapestry, her form stopping about 8 or 10 feet from the north wall.
Tian Keth:
(( AFK for a smoke, Tian will be standing in the hall watching for the others to warn them about the trap trigger ))
** Gabrielle continues to sleep peacefully] **
** Garret finds a nice spot to sit and rest **
DM:
((ok, back))
DM:
A minute or so as Heli disappears behind the tapestry, there is a horrible ripping sound as the tapestry tears from the ceiling and drops to the floor....
DM:
....and in the process becomes green slime.
** Helisandra watches the tapestry fall and... change. "Damn." is all she can say as she crawls higher up the wall, to stay away from the slime. **
DM:
((except you're covered in it, since you were literally behind it))
** Helisandra moves towards the doorway out, crawling along the wall still. She then quickly gets out of the room and makes her way heads back to the party they left behind, hoping someone has a way to remove the burning slime from her. **
** Helisandra runs down the hallway, saying "Ow, icky, ow, icky" **
** Tian Keth looks into the room to see what made the ripping noise and sees Heli hurring out and makes room for her "Are you all right?" **
DM:
(remember the pit of spikes)
Helisandra:
"Painful slime, bad tapestry." is all she says to Tian before taking to the wall to get all the way around the spikes. Once past, her heels click together and she runs at an even faster pace back up the stairs.
** Tian Keth quickly follows behind Heli, remembering to hop over the floor trigger before making his way past the pit **
Tian Keth:
Jump Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [10,7] = (17)
DM:
Helisandra bursts into the laboratory covered in green slime which seems to be consuming her flesh at a rapid rate. (17 damage in round 3)
Helisandra:
"Where are you guys?"
T'a K'shet:
((Listen check to hear that, or is it close enough?))
DM:
((close enough))
Helisandra:
(( and yes - it is louder than normal by this point. ))
Garret: :opens one eye at the call of Heli. glancing to the doorway, he calls out: "In here!"
Helisandra:
"Calehan! More slime."
DM:
(11 damage in round 4, 41 damage total at this point)
** Calehan yells back, "Just down the hall 'eating' if this were food." **
** T'a K'shet leaps to her feet and runs to the room. "Where?" **
Calehan:
((You're talking acid right?))
Helisandra:
"Right now, on me!"
** Garret gets up ready to rush to see the threat if the scout doesn't reach them first **
** Helisandra rushes up to where everyone else is. "Does anyone know of a quick way to get this gross stuff off? It's really burning." **
DM:
((green slime))
** Garret goes wide eyed as he sees the skin burning from the woman's body. Hastily grabs up a pitcher of water and douses the contents over Heli's head. **
** Tian Keth follows closly on Heli's heals **
** Garret goes for more water, hoping to diffuse the acid quickly **
** T'a K'shet lashes out with her claws, trying to slash at the slime without injuring the woman beneath. (([1d20+20] -> [16,20] = (36), [1d4+4] -> [2,4] = (6))) **
** Helisandra allows her heels to click again once she reaches the others and she tries to use the water to wipe as much off as possible. "Any more of that water?" **
** Calehan casts that same spell from before this time touching Heli's arm hoping to prevent further damage. (Resist Energy acid) **
DM:
(Water doesn't work.)
DM:
(You need to cut the flesh off that's covered, if you're going to use that method. Unfortunately, she's literally covered in it.)
Helisandra:
(( so - painful damage each turn, or get flayed alive? Nice options. ))
DM:
((or either burn you or freeze you))
** Garret draws out his frost wakizashi, warning Heli, "Stay still." **
** Helisandra stays as still as possible. **
** Garret uses the freezing blade to chill and scrape away the burning mess **
** Tian Keth goes and kicks Gabrielle "Wake you, is there anything you can do for Heli?" **
DM:
((if Gabrielle were awake (hint hint), she would be able to cure you.))
DM:
((17 damage in round 5, 58 damage total))
Gabrielle:
(( actually my horse would prevent you from doing that Tian.))
Calehan:
((By now she has acid resistance 30, though as I recall it does constitution damage))
DM:
((since he did it, have the horse act accordingly please))
** Tian Keth tries to keep the horse calm **
Tian Keth:
Handle Animal Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [8,6] = (14)
DM:
(yes it deals Con damage but I can't find the entry in the rules for it, so I'm making it up as I go along.)
** Garret draws his katana with his offhand, and instructs Cale, "Use my Short Breath(Wakizashi) and get to scraping." :meanwhile he continues with his icy sword: **
Calehan:
(I found it in wilderness and environment, I knew it was a trap now but couldn't find it in traps and there's no "hazards" section)
DM:
(I'm probably running this wrong)
Gabrielle:
Rear hind leg kick [1d20+16] -> [3,16] = (19) Front hooves [1d20+14] -> [14,14] = (28) [1d20+14] -> [12,14] = (26) Bite [1d20+10] -> [2,10] = (12)
Helisandra:
(( only if I die. :P ))
Calehan:
((More precisely I want to know how I correctly identify it, because I have a surefire way to fix it. Pun intended.))
** Tian Keth easaly avoids the animals attacks while trying to wake Gabbrielle **
DM:
(ok)
DM:
(she awakens)
** Gabrielle opens her eyes at all the noise that is going on. **
Gabrielle:
" Is there a reason why I am not allowed to rest?"
DM:
(14 doesn't quite succeed)
Tian Keth:
"Get up and get your animal under controll before it hurts itself, then go fix Heli"
DM:
You can hear Helisandra screaming, "GET IT OFF!!!"
** Gabrielle sits up staring at Tian," More orders huh?" **
** T'a K'shet takes another swipe at the slime. (([1d20+20] -> [6,20] = (26), [1d4+4] -> [4,4] = (8))) **
** Tian Keth goes back to Heli after the paladin is up **
DM:
(T'a's attacks miss.)
** Gabrielle begins to put on her armor,then asks sacastically to Tian" Oh what would you have me do oh great protector?" **
DM:
((12 damage in round 6, 70 damage total))
** Helisandra starts shaking a little, barely able to stand anymore. "Of all the things to bring me down... Nasty icky stupid SLIME! Garret, get Acererak, ok" **
** Calehan adds another resist energy spell to Helisandra, fire this time. "Everyone needs to stand back, now." **
Garret: ((does scraping with frost weapons do anything?))
DM:
((yes, you've managed to cut off 2 patches so far))
Helisandra:
(( you try getting covered with 20 cubic feet and see how long it takes to get off... ))
** Garret keeps scraping away at the stuff quickl but careful not to cut up his partner. "Don't go all pessimistic on me now." **
** Calehan starts walking back after incanting that last spell. **
Gabrielle:
" Well I am awake and dressed,what would you have me do?"
Helisandra:
"Must be the crowd we've had has been wearing on me."
Tian Keth:
"What I told you to do already, Fix Heli if you can"
Calehan:
"I'm getting the rest off right now, just hold on a little longer."
Helisandra:
"I'll try Cale, I'll try."
Calehan:
"Everyone still not out of the way would be well advised to run this will singe a bit."
Gabrielle:
" You get that stuff off her and I shall,other than that there is little I can do for now."
** Calehan holds up a single finger and gestures with that hand, "And moderately scorch the air." and the air around Helisandra ignites in a pale fireball. (Holding back to caster level 6, so [6d6] -> [6,6,4,1,6,6] = (29) fire damage.) **
DM:
(reflex if you're in the area of effect)
Calehan:
(But not if you're Helisandra because you have 30 fire resistance)
Gabrielle:
( is far away)
** Helisandra uses the last of her strength to avoid her inclination to try to avoid the spell. **
Garret: Reflex save: [1d20+12] -> [2,12] = (14)
** T'a K'shet stays next to Heli, continuing to scrape more ooze off of her (Evasion and Spell resistance, so...) ((Reflex [1d20+19] -> [14,19] = (33). Spell Resistance 23, too)) **
Calehan:
(I fail my spell resistance check)
Garret: ((sr 15))
DM:
All of the slime appears to have been burnt off...
DM:
(apply damage accordingly then)
Calehan:
(Actually, let me look at something real quick to make sure)
** Helisandra crumbles to the floor, curled up into a ball. She is still alive and breathing (and shaking for that matter), just exhausted. **
** Garret kneels down beside Heli, checking she's alright, some embers still smoking on his coat. "Ian, we could use your aid.. now." **
Calehan:
"I think we're done scouting ahead for today and should rest."
Helisandra:
"Tapestry, slime, damn lich." she mutters.
** T'a K'shet nods. "Yes, resting would be wise, T'a thinks" **
** Garret grins that she can still bitch in her sleep. **
Gabrielle:
" Sure I wish to rest and I am not allowed,but someone else says we should rest and everyone is for it."
Garret: ((near sleep least ways))
Calehan:
"It doesn't seem fair that it takes someone nearly dying to prove you were right, amiright?"
T'a K'shet:
"You did rest. You were asleep whn your companions were in need"
Gabrielle:
" And what does fair have to do with anything?"
Calehan:
"As it relates to getting to sleep or not."
Gabrielle:
" Companions?"
T'a K'shet:
"T'a was under the impression that paladins aided their fellows, not lazed about while those who are relying on them come close to death"
Gabrielle:
" I was under the immpression that as a paladin I would be treat with more respect as well."
T'a K'shet:
"Even when you were awakened, you took the time to put on your armour. T'a is grateful that she does not have to rely on you to heal her wounds, but the rest of all have no suxh luxury"
** Helisandra's body seems to half meld into the shadows, as if even subconsciously Helisandra is searching to crawl into them and hide. **
T'a K'shet:
"To earn respect, you must treat others with respect. You do not. Thus, you are treated without respect"
Gabrielle:
" Well if you are able to heal her T'a then prehaps you should do so."
Gabrielle:
" Well T'a the great are you able to heal her?"
T'a K'shet:
"T'a never said that she could heal the rest of all, she stated that she could heal herself"
Calehan:
"Actually, Tian if you could show me where the rest of the slime is I'll destroy it right now."
Tian Keth:
"Ok follow me"
Garret: "Ian... stop acting like a child, and start being the respectable servant of you rlord you wish to be treated as."
** Tian Keth leads the way to the room then stops outside "Dont walk in the floor bounces" **
** T'a K'shet makes a sound like a cross between a snort and a laugh. **
Gabrielle:
" Garret what do you know of Solnor?"
Garret: "One of your comrades, whether you choose to think of us as such or not, is in need of your skills. A compassionate man would not hesitat."
Garret: "I know he does not bicker and gripe over petty arguements when others are in need."
Garret: "If you are to be his follower, you should be able to raise above such things, no?"
Gabrielle:
" As you can plainly see Garret,at this moment I am not a man am I."
Garret: "Man, woman.. petty details all the same."
** Calehan follows Tian to the room and burns away the rest of the tapesty turned slime with a full power fireball from safely outside the room. [10d6] -> [5,3,5,5,3,5,3,5,6,3] = (43) fire damage. **
Calehan:
"Now there's still one thing I plan to do before we rest."
Tian Keth:
"Whats that?"
** Gabrielle picks up her pack,kneeling next to Helisandra **
** Calehan looks back down the hall, "To help Ian." **
Tian Keth:
"With?"
T'a K'shet:
((AFK a few minutes))
Calehan:
"With his problem. If he wants, I suppose."
** Calehan leads the way back to the rest. **
DM:
(don't forget the pit of spikes, lol)
** Garret gives Gabrielle a brief nod of acknowledgement, then moves aside. He retrieves and sheathes his swords, then finds a spot to sit against the wall and relax. **
DM:
(I assume people are careful, just saying)
Calehan:
(I was waiting for Tian to say something about them. I fly over, actually.)
** Tian Keth stays down by the room of slime **
DM:
(yes, the slime is gone after that occurs, of course the other pair of tapestries turns to a patch of brown mold once that happens.)
Garret: ((touche))
** Gabrielle speaks a soft word and pulls out a yellowed scroll from her pack. **
DM:
(it doesn't affect Calehan since he's at the door, but he quickly notices the drop in temperature in the room as it goes from normal to frigid)
Calehan:
(Yeah, a fireball in the corner of the green slime would surely reach the brown mold.)
Gabrielle:
" Know this Garret,the only reason I am healing her,is because she seems to know something of what a paladin is like and has treated me with some respect unlike the rest of you."
DM:
(the room is 30' square actually, and I do believe large enough for a fireball to fill the space altogether)
Calehan:
(If I wanted to burn the potentially priceless tapestry in the other corner I suppose. Though technically it only needs to come within 5 feet.)
Calehan:
"Fireballs don't usally leave the place so cold."
T'a K'shet:
(Muttering) "Apparently, a paladin is one who bickers constantly, and needs sword skills to fend off the mobs chasing him"
DM:
(unless 3.5 changed the way spells work in enclosed areas, I believe that a fireball in 2E if cast in an enclosed area covers about 40 cubic feet of volume)
** Gabrielle opens up the scroll and begins to softly chant the words on the scroll,her hand begins to glow a bright white as she finishes,then she gently places her hands on Helisandra,her wounds seem to disappear in an instant,leaving her fully healed. **
DM:
(but we can save the rules debate for after the game, thanks)
** Garret is quiet for a moment, resting against the wall. Eyes closed, he speaks wearily, "Pride is a shameful thing. Simply because you are use to being treated better by many people, does not mean everyone will see you in such a way. Confidence is a better virtue. Strenght is with the one who believes in themselve enough not to care what others say." **
** Helisandra remains curled up, even though her physical wounds have healed - her emotional ones have not and she remains in her quasi-slumber. **
Garret: :one eye opens for a second just to reassure himself Heli will be alright:
** Calehan stands in the door feeling the lasting chill a bit. **
Gabrielle:
" And she would have died had Tian's sword cut alittle deeper in my flesh,but that does not matter to the rest of you does it."
** Tian Keth continues to sit down by the room ((21)) **
Garret: "Tian is a fool at times. But we accept him as such. Take your time. Earn his trust. That's how bonds are formed. Deny people all chances of redemptions simply because of past transgressions and you only hurt yourself and others."
Gabrielle:
" Or to be ingnored by Calehan,or laughed at by you Garret,or even ridiculed with every breath from T'a,all that is fine as long as I bow down and do as I am commanded by you and the others."
T'a K'shet:
"If you stood by your fellows without acting as though every step is a forced labout, T'a would not ridicule you"
Garret: :a slight grin forms on his resting face: "Yeah.. we really are a group of egotistical jerkls." :snickers lightly, apparently agreeing with the paladin:
Garret: :with some nostalgia he speaks: "Heli use to bug the crap out of me, always sticking her nose into something and dragging us into trouble. And Tian... talk about a stupid pain in my ass..." :chuckles:
Garret: "After a while you just get use to people."
Gabrielle:
" In case you are not aware T'a,every step in here is labored for me as it is for Tian but with him you do not say a word to,and you like me are new to this group."
** Tian Keth enertains himself by throwing stuff into the room to watch the floor shake **
T'a K'shet:
"Because Tian gets on with his task, without undue complaint"
** Gabrielle walks over to her mount,takes off her bedroll,unrolls it,placing her blanket over Helisandra,then begins to take off her armor once more. **
Calehan:
"Well if fire made it cold, I presume cold will fix it. And that I can do."
Gabrielle:
" Undo complaint,do not say this,or do not do that or I shall kill you,thats not complaining? What place are you from?"
** Calehan casts what seems to be his favorite spell one more time and glows briefly blue before the aura fades to red as it sinks in. (Resist Energy (cold)) **
T'a K'shet:
"That is not a complaint, it is a threat of bodily harm. There is a difference that T'a would think you, as a paladin, should pick yup quite easily"
Gabrielle:
" If Helisandra dies,we all die,if I die everyone dies,except for maybe you T'
** Helisandra finally moves a little shortly after Gabrielle places the blanket over her. She sits up, rather easily - but grogily. ((and I'm sure I misspelled it)) **
Gabrielle:
" Unless you fall into a trap with poison spikes,that this lich seems to like."
T'a K'shet:
"Yes. So by not aiding Helisandra as soon as possible, you put all's life at risk!"
Helisandra:
"Who's dying now?"
Garret: "Only a lich, we'd hope."
T'a K'shet:
"Now? No one" (Muttering) "But give it a day or two..."
** Calehan floats cautiously into the room, still flying from passing over the pit of spikes, and looks about for the cause of the chill and spots brown mold covering the floor and wall out of sight from the doortep. **
Gabrielle:
" Fear not T'a,I am sure I will be standing over your body one day and perhaps this unworthy paladin will stand by and do nothing."
Helisandra:
"That would be good Garret, definately something to see." She leans her head against the wall behind her and breathes deep a few times before actually noticing the blanket. "Oh, whose blanket is this?"
DM:
The entire eastern wall, where once there was another pair of tapestries is now covered by brown mold. This is the source of the chill in the room.
Garret: :points to Gab: "Your care taker's"
Gabrielle:
" That would be mine,you may use it if you need to."
** Helisandra looks to Gabrielle. "Thanks... You know, I never got around to asking, what would you rather we call you now?" **
Gabrielle:
" I trust you are feeling better Helisandra."
Helisandra:
"Much better in fact. Better than since before we entered this place, physically at least. Am I right to assume that is your doing as well?"
Gabrielle:
" Well I am Ian at heart,but Solnor has seen fit to put me in this body so Gabrielle is a good name as any."
Gabrielle:
" Yes I am the one who healed you,knowing where we were heading I packed for certain things."
Garret: :raises a brow: "Already had a woman's name in mind? Have you been practicing for this day?"
Helisandra:
"Gabrielle it is then. Thank you for your help. And both of you as well, Garret and T'a."
T'a K'shet:
((Hmmm... How does he know his name is Gabrielle? Does his/her underwear have a name written on it?))
Helisandra:
(( his god spoke to him/her? ))
** Calehan draws his daggers and starts slicing at the mold, first empowering them with an icy chill (from arcane infusion, using 2 4th level slots). He dives into the midst of the mold expecting his spell to protect him. **
Gabrielle:
" No Garret,but Gabrielle is a strong name,as is Ian."
DM:
After a few rounds, the brown mold is gone.
DM:
(stopping in 30 minutes)
Helisandra:
"Sorry to cause so much panic back there. Tian and I were doing great - until a tapestry turned into that slimy mess and covered me. I mean, who has turns a tapestry into slime?"
Garret: :nods deftly: "Fair enough. It is a lovely name." :rests back against the wall:
** Calehan surveys the carnage and finds the room to look significantly tidier for his work before floating back out of the room and down the hall past Tian. **
Calehan:
"Come on, don't you want to hear what they have to say about you?"
Gabrielle:
" Sometimes the most simpilist of traps are the deadliest Helisandra."
** Tian Keth enters the room after Cale leaves and attempts to make his way to the exit that Heli was tring to investigate **
** Helisandra remains wrapped in the blanket for a while, feeling somewhat safe for the time being. **
Calehan:
"Oh well, I still have something to talk to Ian about."
Tian Keth:
Reflex save: [1d20+19] -> [18,19] = (37)
Helisandra:
"Yeah, I just hoped everyone else would have been able to rest up. T'a - did you figure out what that creature was?"
** Gabrielle walks over to her mount,speaking softly in its ear,turns around,taking her bedroll with her,finishes removing her armor,lays down and goes back to sleep. **
** Calehan flies back over the pit, through the alchemy lab (waving to the jelly in the vat as he passes) and around the corner to find the rest actually talking peacefully. He makes a big show of floating leisurely just below the ceiling and lands slowly with a big smile. **
Calehan:
"I have some announcements to make."
Calehan:
"First, I'm glad to see everyone getting along so well."
Helisandra:
"Let's hear them."
Calehan:
"Second, the slime, and indeed the tapestries, are now gone."
Calehan:
"Third, Tian went ahead and is checking out what was behind that tapestry, apparently."
Helisandra:
"Oh, the second tapestry. No one got covered with any slime from the second one?"
Garret: "You let Tian go unsupervised?"
Calehan:
"And finally, Ian, would you like me to try to reverse the magic that was done to you?"
** Helisandra groans slightly. "Damn, this underground maze is really getting to him. I'm going to go make sure Tian hasn't gone to far and try to bring him back." **
Calehan:
"I tried to entice him to come back now but he went ahead anyway. I think he finds the room fun or something."
Gabrielle:
" And if it does not work? What will I be then?"
** Helisandra rises, and heads on down to the shaking room, still wrapped in the blanket. **
Calehan:
"If it does not work? Why wouldn't it work? It'll work."
** Garret rises to follow after Heli **
Gabrielle:
" What happens to me if it does not work?"
Garret: "Take it easy, you just almost melted to death."
Helisandra:
"Maybe, but I am not going to leave Tian, or anyone else, down there alone. Especially now that I am finding traps all over the place."
DM:
The steed follows Helisandra and attempts to shield her protectively while keeping each of you at bay.
Calehan:
"It's just a simple alteration to reality. If it doesn't work, and there's no reason for it not to, probably nothing will happen to you. If it doesn't work, and again there's no reason it shouldn't, there's honestly no limit to what may happen instead; as such it will most likely not happen to you."
Garret: ((the horse follows Heli?))
** Helisandra stops before even leaving the mummy room, noticing the horse. "Horse, you aren't going to be able to follow us, unless you can fly. I don't know how Ian, I mean Gabrielle got you down here, but stay with her." **
Gabrielle:
" Ummm with that type of wording,I would say no."
Calehan:
"How should I say this most precisely, I will return you to the form you had before you stepped into the arch at the top of these stairs."
** Tian Keth comes back out of the shaky room and sits down again back in the hallway **
Gabrielle:
" Uh-uh,I will only trust to Solnor or my order to do such a thing,one change in my life is enough."
T'a K'shet:
"If you would prefer, T'a can turn you into a ferret"
Calehan:
"Thought it would be best to ask before I do anything to you. Understood."
Gabrielle:
" Sure T'a,go ahead,watch all those you admire die because there is no one to heal thier wounds,I am sure that would go over nicely with Tian."
** T'a K'shet glares at Gabrielle, then just shakes her head. **
Calehan:
"So now that you're not going to be Ian, what'll it be? I could wish up a name for you if you like but that's less of a good idea than turning you back."
Gabrielle:
" Gabrielle"
Gabrielle:
" Helisandra,Justice will not let you leave."
Calehan:
"Hmm, Gabrielle. Kinda rolls off pretty easily doesnt it. Okay then. Now where does everyone else think they are going?"
Gabrielle:
" I am going no where,I require rest,as does the rest of you."
Helisandra:
"Well, I was planning on going to make sure Tian hadn't fallen into some trap, since they are becoming more and more frequent."
Garret: :to Heli: "I'll get Tian. You .. rest." : pats her on the head like he would a child and heads off through the lab fro the stairs.:
Helisandra:
"Wait a second Garret!"
Calehan:
"Garret, there's a trap Tian showed me."
Garret: :pauses a moment at the steps:
Gabrielle:
" Well if he falls into a trap,either he will still be there or he will come back here,kick me and make me heal him."
Helisandra:
"Yes, you can pass the pit along the left side going down, but you need to jump over the last four feet of the ledge, or have a bunch of spears flying at you."
** Calehan floats up a foot from the floor then flies over to Garret. "I took a different approach." **
Garret: "Left sidem jump last four feet. Alright." :waves and heads down stairs:
Garret: :to Cale: "Obviously:
** Calehan puts his arms out and spins around some. "I've got at least a couple minutes left. You know how fun this is?" **
Garret: "Not as much as you."
Garret: ((I assume we see Tian sitting in the hall across the pit?))
** Calehan holds up his daggers placatingly, "You could. You could." **
DM:
((yes))
Garret: "Maybe later, Cale."
** Tian Keth looks up as Garret aproches "Watch the last few feet of that walkway" **
Calehan:
((How far away is Tian?))
DM:
((this seems a good place to stop. next session will resume 10 hours from this point, assuming the PCs rest and memorize spells, etc.))
DM:
((outside the small room))
T'a K'shet:
((Sweet))
Calehan:
((Excellent, you mean outside room 21?))
** Helisandra curls back into a seated position, still wrapped in the blanket. She puts her head down and rests for a few moments more. **
Garret: :sighs with some relief to see Tian sitting in wait. "So I've heard." Glancing about at the scattered spikes from the originally burst. "Come on, heel boy. We're going back uypstairs to rest for a while. We'll fo more damage in the morning."
Tian Keth:
"I'll stay down here, I dont want to be near Ian"
TaliesinNYC:
((yes, outside the small room next to 21))
TaliesinNYC:
next week will be Damrosil


Back to MelNethra Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms