Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
6 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
4 Guests
Registered Users: Billynef, Dannytaume


Back to Forgotten Realms Logs
Welcome to OpenRPG version 1

Welcome to OpenRPG version 1.7.6...
Locating server at 74.220.220.200:6774...
Game connected!
(647) TaliesinNYC (enter): 18:19
(558) Dj Gilcrease (Ubuntu) (enter): 18:19
Server Administrator-> You have connected to an OpenRPG server, version '1.7.1'.

OpenRPG

Many thanks goes to all of those who contributed!

The Tangled Web


Join Us At: Our Forum

This product is licensed under the GNU GPL License.

 

The Tangled Web
Standing outside the entrance to the cave, you are surprised to hear the sounds of music and merriment coming from deep within.
1) Enter the Cave
2) Run fast and far away



Moving to room 'Faerun'..
(647) TaliesinNYC (enter): 18:19
Server Administrator->
Attempting to assign the role of GM to (647) TaliesinNYC...
(648) GM (enter): 18:43
(649) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 18:57
(650) Zane (enter): 18:58
(651) Lunauc (enter): 19:00
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (648) Rowan...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (650) Zane...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (651) Lunauc...
(647) TaliesinNYC: I have a slight headache so we'll see how long I go
(647) TaliesinNYC: before I conk out
(650) Zane: k
(648) Rowan: Alright
(651) Lunauc: ah, sorry to hear that. We'll try to take it easy on you
(648) Rowan: :)
** (651) Lunauc grins maniacally **
(648) Rowan: I have my own aches, fell and bruised my ribs
(650) Zane: Come on Lun - where's the fun in that? :-)
(647) TaliesinNYC: (201) DM: The tunnel emerges briefly into a roughly octagonal cave (3) before taking off eastward. A stream of water pours down the western wall from a slitlike hole in the ceiling. The water disappears into a floor-level crevice near the wall.
(196) Kiwren: (( sorry I waited 3 min before each move. I'll back up if that would be better ))
(201) DM: No response to Kiw's calls, except echoes.
(201) DM: At the fork, there is a sharp odor wafting from the right.
** (194) Cassima holds her hand over her nose, "Definately try left first." **
(193) Rowan: "Fresh water?"
** (193) Rowan looks at the stream of water **
** (195) Sushil mutters a litany of heavy words, before reaching out to place his hands over Rowan's eyes. As he pulls his hands away, a cloudy black mist covers her eyes, allowing her to see normally through the dark. "Better?" **
(193) Rowan: "Yes, thank you."
** (196) Kiwren wrinkles her nose, "lets go left." **
** (196) Kiwren heads left **
** (194) Cassima follows **
(201) DM: The tunnel wends its way from the fork for a few feet before stopping at a huge iron-bound oak door. The door is as wide as the 10' tunnel and almost reaches the 15' ceiling. The oak is marked with cuts and slashes about 5' from the floor.
(194) Cassima: "Looks like those humans might have tried to get past this door. Shall we go back the other way?"
** (196) Kiwren knocks on the door **
(194) Cassima: "Or that."
(201) DM: There's no response.
** (193) Rowan proceeds to the fork **

(650) Cassima: "Shall we try the other way?"
(649) Kiwren: "We should go aimsigh the others, something isnt right here. If he was home he would have come at our yelling for him."
(650) Cassima: "Uh, aimsigh?"
** (648) Rowan waits at the fork, stealthy **
(649) Kiwren: "You know, go look for and locate, aimsigh"
(650) Cassima: "Oh, that aimsigh. Of course."
** (650) Cassima turns away from the door, heading back towards the entrance, looking for any sign of the other two. **
** (649) Kiwren turns and heads back with Cassima **
(650) Cassima: "Rowan," she whispers into the shadows.
** (648) Rowan whispers, "Shush." **
** (651) Lunauc follows along with Rowan and Smasher, blind himself. :keeping to a whisper: "I take it, you did not find anyone?" **
** (651) Sushil follows along with Rowan and Smasher, blind himself. :keeping to a whisper: "I take it, you did not find anyone?" **
** (649) Kiwren stops and looks around and starts to speak Uhh.. then cuts herself off **
(649) Kiwren: "Nope, something just isnt right here."
(648) Rowan: ((anyone seen where my mini went that I sent to the map?))
(649) Kiwren: (( Nope ))
(647) DM: (not I)
(648) Rowan: ((odd))
** (650) Cassima stops up short at Rowan's and Sushil's voices. "We wanted to make sure we were all here. Stay if you wish, but I wonder how much good it will do." **
** (648) Rowan softly says,"Go the other way and don't be so loud." **
(651) Sushil: "Well, what did you find up that way?"
** (649) Kiwren points up the direction they came from "There was a door up that way, but noone answered when I knocked" ** points the other direction **"And that way stinks" **
(651) Sushil: "Stinks...?" :sniffs at the air.:
** (648) Rowan sniffs **
(647) DM: Indeed, "stinks" is an understatement. A foul odor creeps up from the right tunnel.
(651) Sushil: (any chance of identifying the aroma?)
(648) Rowan: "Did you try to open the door to the northeast?"
(648) Rowan: ((know: nature?))
whispering to Rowan, if you like
(650) Cassima: "It appeared that others had tried hacking it down, but failed. So we didn't bother."
(648) Rowan: knowledge:Nature [1d20+5] => [8,5] = (13)
** (649) Kiwren shakes her head Felt it was safer to come find you since something is wrong here." **
whispering to Rowan, something fermenting is your best guess
(651) Sushil: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [3,6] = (9)
whispering to Lunauc, no clue
(648) Rowan: "The smell is likely sSomething fermenting from what I can tell."
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, didn't catch that
(650) Cassima: "I guess that's better than some alternatives..."
(651) Sushil: "Maybe he's a beerman." :So, shall we go see this door together than, or see what's in the mash?"
(647) DM: (afk to get food, sec)
(649) Kiwren: "Yes, smells like someone might be making alcohol."
(650) Cassima: "If either of you have a way past a door, sure. Otherwise, I think we are stuck with the stench."
(648) Rowan: "I'm no lockpick/thief, but I do have some skill finding traps."
(650) Cassima: "I don't think that's what we need, unfortunately."
(651) Sushil: :shrugs: "My minion can bust it down, if you like. Might make a bit of noise of course."
(650) Cassima: "I'd rather not damage anything. If we do end up needing to talk with him, damaging his doors won't help matters."
(647) DM: (bak)
(651) Sushil: "I must concur. So.. on to the fermentation room?"
(649) Kiwren: "Lets just go with the Mash and see whats that direction for now. We dont want to go destroying parts of the Bolgs house."
** (649) Kiwren heads off toward the stench **
(647) DM: The corridor floor is suddenly interrupted by a 10' wide pit that falls away into darkness.
** (650) Cassima follows Kiwren, letting the others follow as quietly or noisily as they desire. **
(650) Cassima: "Then again..."
** (649) Kiwren stops at the pit "Well guess it's back to the door" **
** (651) Sushil follows casts a quick spell, shedding lit from a coin in his hand(light), before following along **
(647) DM: The passage continues on on the other side of the hole.
(650) Cassima: "Yes, back to the door."
** (648) Rowan follows and looks for way around the pit **
(651) Sushil: "Heh... that's inconvenient architecture." :looks around for something which may act as a bridge.:
(648) Rowan: ((does it look ike it can be closed/covered?))
(647) DM: (nope)
(647) DM: (however, the ceiling of the tunnel at this point is 20' high, compared to everywhere else)
** (649) Kiwren heads back to the door and tries to open it **
(647) DM: (the pit itself is not covered, but if you had something long enough to span it, easily crossable...)
(651) Sushil: (the rest higher?)
** (648) Rowan looks in the pit **
(647) DM: (most of the tunnel is about 15' high)
whispering to Rowan, water by the looks of it
(648) Rowan: ((Could I climb the wall and get around it?))
(651) Sushil: "Hmmm..." :begins searching the walls near the pit for any type of lever or switch, which may forma bridge:
(648) Rowan: "Some water or liquid down there."
whispering to Rowan, roughly 50' deep. possibly
(648) Rowan: ((brb, rti))
whispering to Lunauc, there is a ledge which you can use to traverse across, but barely able to fit one person and that person would need to be careful when crossing.
** (650) Cassima heads back to the fork in the road so that she can watch both those at the pit and Kiwren. **
(651) Sushil: "Well... there is a slight ledge a person could traverse. Not sure how safe it is though."
(651) Sushil: :to Rowan: "If you'd care to go across and check for traps, We could tie a tow line on you... just in case..."
(651) Sushil: (oh, duh afk)
(648) Rowan: ((sorry had to fix the dvd))
whispering to Lunauc, there is a ledge on either side of the pit, so two people can cross at the same time
(648) Rowan: "I would do that a tow line would be wise, the water is probably deep."
** (648) Rowan leaves her pack and spear here, takes her tools. **
(651) Sushil: "Do you have a rope to tie round your waist?"
(648) Rowan: "Yes, in my pack."
** (648) Rowan gets out her rope and ties one end around her waist **
(651) Sushil: "Smasher, take the length of the rope and hold on."
** (648) Rowan will find the ledge and hold onto the walk and take her time across. **
(648) Rowan: ((wall rather))
(648) Rowan: ((take 20 if I can))
whispering to Rowan, Dex
(651) Sushil: :instructs the Minion: "Give her the slack of the rope to cross, but grip tight should she fall."
** (648) Rowan smiles at my dice **
(647) DM: Her crossing makes it look easy.
** (648) Rowan looks on the otherside for traps and any way to close or cover the pit **
** (649) Kiwren comes back to the pit "Well I am not tall enough to reaç the door knob" **
(651) Sushil: "Seems simple enough." :looks over to Kiwren: "Did you try standing on Cassima's shoulders?"
(650) Cassima: "Well - these two seem to have gotten an idea on crossing."
(648) Rowan: "Well, I don't see anything trap wise, the gaint probably just walks over this pit."
(650) Cassima: "No, I was staying where I could keep half an eye on both groups."
(648) Rowan: "Can you sling me my gear and toss me my spear?"
(648) Rowan: ((anywhere i could secure the rope to use as a guide?))
** (650) Cassima picks up her spear and tosses it over, aiming for the side of the passage where she is NOT standing, followed by her pack. **
(651) Sushil: "Alright, just hold the rope, would you? Smasher can hold from this end and cross last."
** (648) Rowan nods, unties herself and holds it **
** (651) Sushil makes his way across, using the rope for added balance. **
** (650) Cassima waits until Sushil passes over before attempting to cross herself. **
** (649) Kiwren looks at the little ledge nervously "You expect me to cross on that? I can barly stand on my own two feet on a normal floor." **
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, Balance or Dex is fine
(651) Sushil: "Don't worry, just hold onto the rope as you go, like a guard rail. If you need the extra protection, you can loop the rope through your belt."
** (649) Kiwren waits until Cassima is fully across before shakily walking up to the ledge, and gripping the rope in white knuckled hands (( Balance: [1d20-2] => [12,-2] = (10) )) **
(651) Sushil: "Do you need one of us to hold your hand across?"
(647) DM: That was barely a success.
(647) DM: After a while, all of you make it across.
** (650) Cassima helps Kiwren off the last little bit. "Nicely done. We'll find a way to use the door when we leave, ok?" **
** (648) Rowan retrieves her spear/gear and rope **
** (651) Sushil orders Smasher to slowly cross last, after lashing the rope to his waist. **
** (649) Kiwren nodds and breaths a sigh of relif **
(651) Sushil: :to Kiwren: "Hmm.. how does one say, "Well done"?"
** (649) Kiwren tilts her head to the side ^t^"Umm Ðîtslíçbb'Xîkhîîtt"^e^ **
(648) Rowan: "Well do you need a moment then?"
** (648) Rowan smiles **
(649) Kiwren: "I'll be fine."
(651) Sushil: "I think I'll stick with Well done for now."
(647) DM: Ten fee t beyond the far edge of the pit, the tunnel opens into a cavern with a sandy floor. Ranged along the west wall are eight large barrels, a couple of which are sealed. An alcove in the southeast corner of the room contains a single barrel that looks to be covered with some kind of mold. This is the source of the odor, which almost threatens to knock some of you unconscious by dint of its strength. The walls of the cavern contain phosphorescent blue mold which nearly makes torchlight unnecessary.
(650) Cassima: "Let's keep moving though - I'd rather get past this stench, if that's ok."
(649) Kiwren: "Lets just get away from the pit." ** laughs at Suchil ** "That would be wise, even I dont use the True Language when I am not naming something, it stresses the voice to the point you may not be able to talk if you use it too muç."
** (651) Sushil takes out a handkerchief to cover his mouth and nose, as they come closer to investigate the stench. he moves among the barrels, seeing if they are marked. **
(647) DM: Every so often, audible pops can be heard coming from a couple of barrels.
** (648) Rowan eyes the mold, but stays well out of its reach. **
(647) DM: Three of the barrels are uncovered.
(648) Rowan: "Nasty smell here, best be wary."
(648) Rowan: Knowledge: Nature [1d20+5] => [10,5] = (15)
(648) Rowan: ((try ot identify the mold))
** (649) Kiwren stays as far from the barrals as she can while making her way out of the room **
** (651) Sushil looks around for any utensils to fish around in the barrels with. **
** (650) Cassima feels curiosity get a little better of her, and holding her breath, she glances into the first uncovered barrel. **
(648) Rowan: "Careful, the mold on the ceiling is harmless, but the o ther stuff probably isn't."
** (651) Sushil reaches into a barrel of weapons, rifling through them for anything nice looking, "Huh.. odd place to store them, the fumes from the fermentation may corrode them faster." **
(648) Rowan: "The mold on the ceiling/walls could be used in continual light spells?"
(650) Cassima: "This one has a bunch of human sized clothing. "Past unwelcome visitors?"
(648) Rowan: "Assuming you know any mages who'd want some."
(651) Sushil: "Likely his toll collections."
(648) Rowan: "Which would explain the pit to keep anyone from recollecting it."
(650) Cassima: "Could be, but seems a strange place to keep toll collections."
** (651) Sushil draws out an elaborate longsword. "Some of it's not too bad either." **
(651) Sushil: "Well, it's not as if he can wear or wield them. Likely just waiting for a chance to barter with them."
(647) DM: A pair of wyverns eating each other's tail forms the pommel, which is embossed in platinum. A moonstone is set within the hilt.
(648) Rowan: "That blade probably has a story or reward for its return."
** (650) Cassima starts to move on, but pauses upon seeing the blade and the moonstone. "Very nice." **
** (648) Rowan looks around herself. **
(648) Rowan: Search [1d20+6] => [17,6] = (23)
(651) Sushil: "Yes, though as with the giant, it is little use to me." :lays down the sword: "Shall we press on?"
** (649) Kiwren is waiting just outside the room, not wanting to remain in the stench **
** (650) Cassima collects the sword from where Sushil laid it. She looks it over for a moment, drawn by the moonstone. **
** (651) Sushil grins as Cassima picks up the sword, and begins down the nect hall, toward 8, with Smasher before him. **
** (650) Cassima stashes the sword in her belt for now, figuring it might come in handy. **
** (648) Rowan holds her spear and follows Sushil. **
** (649) Kiwren looks oddly at the sword as Cassima comes near **
(649) Kiwren: "Yomôolíëfå`Èùðäÿänàðá'Zèuäóúnmiòà Dêæxøîkèî hmfáaæfå Eèúäwmpæ Zëeèùëyppæ äàÿdô Zdèxepùæ Zauêc Zèuäóúnmirc'Zanóxpc`Vcfðjåúmæ"
(649) Kiwren: "It's magic."
(647) DM: A side passage can be seen at the far end of the chamber.
(650) Cassima: "It is? And he had it with everything else. Can you tell anymore about it than that it is magical?"
** (649) Kiwren follows studying the sword as she walks **
** (650) Cassima pulls the sword out so Kiwren can study it easier, if necessary. **
** (651) Sushil turns the corner, venturing onward, behind Smasher of course. **
** (648) Rowan follows behind Sushil **
(647) DM: Although the stench wins out, there is a faint, spicy, aromatic aroma that intermingles with it. This new scent comes from deep within the next tunnel.
(649) Kiwren: "Faint Alteration magic. But I am not very well versesed in the Arcane arts to be able to tell you more then that."
(650) Cassima: "Thank you anyway, that's more than I knew before."
(649) Kiwren: "Sushil might know what Alteration magic is used for."
** (651) Sushil continues following the new smell. "Lunch, perhaps?" **
(650) Cassima: "I'll see if he can help in a bit."
** (649) Kiwren nods and keeps looking around **
** (648) Rowan looks around herself **
** (650) Cassima moves behind Sushil's lead as they head down the hall. **
(648) Rowan: Spot [1d20+7] => [14,7] = (21)
(647) DM: The next chamber turns a corner and ends in another giant-sized wooden door. Unlike its predecessor, this one is partially ajar.
(650) Cassima: "At least this one we don't have to open" she mutters to Kiwren.
(651) Sushil: "Aah.. access."
(651) Sushil: (and lights or sounds in the next room?)
** (648) Rowan looks for traps **
(648) Rowan: Search [1d20+6] => [6,6] = (12)
(647) DM: (some light but you'd need to enter)
(648) Rowan: "Looks clear."
** (649) Kiwren nods absently **
** (648) Rowan readies her spear in case **
** (651) Sushil pockets his glowing coin, and continues toward the crack of light from the door, after Rowan, listening for sound before them. **
(647) DM: A faint crackling can be heard, along with the odor of smoke.
(647) DM: More of the spicy aroma, though it's now stronger.
(648) Rowan: "Someone's cooking."
** (648) Rowan peeks in beyond the door **
(647) DM: Faint flickering can be seen underneath the threshold.
(649) Kiwren: "Well kock to see if he is in there."
(651) Sushil: "No knocking. Keep your voice down."
** (649) Kiwren frowns but remains quiet **
(650) Cassima: ((whisper quiet)) "Yes Kiwren, as you said - something is wrong here. Maybe someone else is running around here."
(651) Sushil: (can we fit through the crack in the door?)
(648) Rowan: ((can I see anything with my peek?))
(647) DM: (It's a really large kitchen, and if you want more details, you'll need to enter)
(647) DM: (and its unoccupied by the looks of things)
** (648) Rowan enters cautiously **
(648) Rowan: Move Silently [1d20+9] => [2,9] = (11)
(647) DM: Past the door is a cavern whose floor, walls and ceiling have been worked to make the cave into a regular room. To the west, a large stove rests close to the wall, its fire almost burned out. To the east, a couple of shelves stand, laden with several items. A second door leads out of the chamber, almost opposite the one you slipped past. Two baskets can be seen next to the stove.
(647) DM: As Rowan slips into the chamber, the door creaks loudly.
** (648) Rowan steps into the shadows **
(648) Rowan: Hide [1d20+9] => [20,9] = (29)
(647) DM: A large pot is on the stove, from which the aroma wafts. A large teakettle, easily the size of a small dog rest on the floor next to the stove.
** (649) Kiwren looks up as the door creaks and calls out "Hello Mr Bolg Mir, are you home?" as she enters the kitchen boldly, letting Rowan slip back into the shadows **
(647) DM: Her voice carries, but there is no reply.
** (650) Cassima sticks with Kiwren. **
** (651) Sushil follows in slowly after Rowan, gesturing for Smasher to follow, and reminds Kiwren, "Please, I'd rather not meet the man whose home we've just invaded, given his known proclivities for violence." **
(650) Cassima: "Let's keep moving, as he obviously isn't here."
** (648) Rowan moves to the door **
** (649) Kiwren whispers "I was covering for the creeking door, I would muç prefer to be caught entering asif looking for him then to be caught sneak-thiefing around" **
** (649) Kiwren looks around the kitches for and cauldrons that are emiting a magical glow **
(647) DM: The other door, like its mate, is also ajar.
(651) Sushil: "A creeking door can be mistaken for large shifting cooking utensils. A voice.. is more distinct."
** (649) Kiwren shakes her head and whispers "Cauldron isnt here." **
** (648) Rowan looks out of the door. **
(647) DM: Darkened corridor leading deeper into the mountainside.
** (648) Rowan waits for her companions **
** (651) Sushil takes Kiwren's word for it, and follows after Rowan. **
** (650) Cassima follows as well. **
** (649) Kiwren follows the others **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] => [15,6] = (21)
** (648) Rowan looks for tracks **
(648) Rowan: Survival [1d20+6] => [19,6] = (25)
(647) DM: A howl echoes down the corridor, relatively nearby.
(648) Rowan: "Wolves, a pack."
** (648) Rowan readies her spear **
(650) Cassima: "Great - no giant, just wolves."
(649) Kiwren: "His pets?"
(648) Rowan: "Could be the giant's pets."
(647) DM: From the sounds of it, more baying.
(648) Rowan: "All the noise he probably unleashed them to deal with intruders."
(651) Sushil: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [7,6] = (13)
(651) Sushil: (to ID creature)
(648) Rowan: Knowledge : Nature [1d20+6] => [12,6] = (18)
** (651) Sushil looks around the kitchen for some choice meat. **
(648) Rowan: ((how old are the tracks?))
(648) Rowan: "Recent tracks, like 3 hrs or less... "
(648) Rowan: "Wonder if they attacked the giant...."
** (650) Cassima grabs her heavy mace out and holds a hand over it. Her eyes close and she concentrates, her lips moving a little as soothing moonlight washes over her mace before sinking into the weapon. (Magic Weapon) **
** (648) Rowan studies the tracks, "Possibly 3 wolves, at least 2." **
** (648) Rowan sets her spear **
(649) Kiwren: "Oh!" ** grabbs her morning star ** "Guess I should arm myself as well."
(650) Cassima: "Better safe than sorry."
(649) Kiwren: "Well shall we continue?"
** (651) Sushil moves to Smasher's back, slinging his staff to the minion's pack, and grabbing off the crossbow and loading a bolt. **
(650) Cassima: "I'm ready."
(648) Rowan: "Yes."
(650) Cassima: "Of course, I could always enhance someone else's weapon if they wish."
** (648) Rowan holds her spear ready and proceeds forward cautiously **
(648) Rowan: "Me."
** (648) Rowan smiles at Cassima **
** (650) Cassima moves quickly to Rowan and goes though the same process, calling on the power of Selune to travel though her. Rowan's entire spear quickly glows with moonlight for a second before the light seems to seep into it. "It won't last more than a couple minutes, but it's what I caan do right now." **
(649) Kiwren: "I can enhance your Airm, but it does not last long so I will wait till the fight starts to do something"
** (648) Rowan nods, "Thank you." **
** (650) Cassima takes up a position just behind Rowan as they proceed forward. **
** (651) Sushil then orders Smasher to grab some dried horsemeat in the kitchen, before following along. **
** (649) Kiwren remains in the back holding her morningstar in two hands **
(647) DM: As you step out into the corridor, a wolf leaps out of the darkness, fangs bared.
(647) DM: (init)
(650) Cassima: Initiative: [1d20+2] => [2,2] = (4)
(649) Kiwren: INIT: [1d20+1] => [3,1] = (4)
(651) Sushil: init: [1d20+2] => [14,2] = (16)
(651) Sushil: Initiative: Minion: [1d20+6] => [13,6] = (19)
(650) Cassima: (( yep - it surprised a couple of us... ))
(648) Rowan: Init [1d20+4] => [9,4] = (13)
(647) DM: (Fri night I ran my party and they were ambushed by a bunch of NPCs, so here's hoping TW was fixed over the weekend LOL)
** (649) Kiwren screams in fright as the wolf leaps **
(650) Cassima: (( and let's pray to all the FR gods that there aren't _that_ many wolves... ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] => [17,2] = (19)
(650) Cassima: (( did we position ourselves correctly? ))
(647) DM: (might want to before we begin)
(649) Kiwren: (( bah gota restart Open, brb ))
(649) Kiwren: Disconnecting from server...
(649) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 21:14
(648) Rowan: ((sqquares 10 feet?))
(656) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 21:15
(647) DM: (5')
(648) Rowan: ((ok, thanks))
(647) DM: (Sush M, 19)
** (651) Sushil instructs Smasher, "Go feed the doggies, if they bite... smash em." **
** (651) Smasher marches out into the hall, the dried meat held out in offer in one heand, his spiked club in the other(ready action to smash if they attack **
(647) DM: (wolves, 19)
(651) Smasher: (time for that DR to pay off)
(647) DM: (1 and 2 will attack Smasher, 3 will attempt to attack Cas. Smash gets an AOO against 1, 2 and 3 I believe.)
(647) DM: (C and R each get an AOO against 3)
(651) Smasher: (against 3 he does)
(647) DM: (k, make it so No. 1, lol.)
(651) Smasher: Attack: Spiked Greatclub: [1d20+6] => [6,6] = (12) , [1d10+9] => [1,9] = (10)
(647) DM: (sorry, had a picard moment there)
(650) Cassima: Full Moon (magic) Attack: [1d20+5] => [5,5] = (10) ==> DAMAGE [1d8+3] => [4,3] = (7)
(651) Smasher: (and an attavk against 2 as it attacks)
(651) Smasher: Attack: Spiked Greatclub: [1d20+6] => [1,6] = (7) , [1d10+9] => [6,9] = (15)
** (648) Rowan stabs her spear into #3 [1d20+5+1] => [9,5,1] = (15) **
(647) DM: (Smash misses twice, Rowan hits)
(657) Greystache (enter): 21:22
(647) DM: (I need dmg against 3 please)
(648) Rowan: [1d8+3] => [4,3] = (7) + [1d6] => [1] = (1)Skirmish
(657) Greystache (exit): 21:23
(648) Rowan: 8 total
(647) DM: It recoils in pain, as if it wasn't expecting spirited resistance.
(648) Rowan: ((opps ignore the 1, didn't move 10 feet))
(648) Rowan: ((was going to throw it for the ranged bonus))
(648) Rowan: So 7 dmg
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] => [12,3] = (15),[1d20+3] => [16,3] = (19),[1d20+3] => [15,3] = (18)
(647) DM: (1 tries to bite Smash at AC 15, 2 hits Smash at AC 19, 3 hits C at AC 18)
(650) Cassima: (( miss ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+1] => [1,1] = (2),[1d6+1] => [2,1] = (3)
(647) DM: (Sush, 16)
** (651) Smasher scoots rounf Cassima, and aims a bolt at wolf 2 **
(651) Smasher: Crossbow, light Attack Roll: [1d20+3] => [15,3] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [1,0] = (1)
(651) Smasher: (-4 for firing into melee, 14 ac)
(647) DM: (still hit)
(650) Cassima: (( I guess Sushil actually did that - not Smasher... ))
(647) DM: (R, 13)
(651) Smasher: (for what 1 dmg is worth)
(650) Cassima: [1d6] => [5] = (5)
(648) Rowan: STep back 5' and hurl her spear into #3
** (648) Rowan throws spear [1d20+6] => [13,6] = (19) PBS **
(650) Cassima: (( sorry - didn't mean to hit that button. ))
(648) Rowan: [1d8+3] => [7,3] = (10)+[1d6] => [1] = (1)Skirmish
(648) Rowan: 11 dng
** (648) Rowan draw her shortsowrd **
(647) DM: It dies.
(648) Rowan: ((yes!))
(647) DM: (K, 4)
(651) Sushil: (heh.. just realized I forgot to switch back the alias)
(656) Kiwren: "Zfîípøbæücc Fîïwmphìa Ìaânâpõßâ Zéüaãuâêl Zéânagc`Zaímrø Zhîjãïwkêã Wvéücõqb'Jbbyqaa" ((Targeting wolf 2))
(656) Kiwren: "Zéüãsïvfmêã Èùðäÿänàðá'Zèuäóúnmiòà'Uáálkzëä'Dêáäzðä'Eèúäwmp àëëwnb Iónppf`Zêórêbä Eèúäwmp Fakwià'Zèòoibdà Zéypëakzeà cgðaê ùêqcóigc Zðóúnkyq"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] => [8,1] = (9)
(647) DM: (C, 4)
** (650) Cassima moves around Smasher to face the wolves and swings her mace down on wolf #1. **
(650) Cassima: Full Moon (magic) Attack: [1d20+5] => [12,5] = (17) ==> DAMAGE [1d8+3] => [1,3] = (4)
(650) Cassima: (( done ))
(647) DM: (Smash, 19)
** (651) Smasher Smash!(on 2) **
(651) Smasher: Attack: Spiked Greatclub: [1d20+6] => [5,6] = (11) , [1d10+9] => [2,9] = (11)
(651) Smasher: (aaawww..)
(647) DM: (wolves, 19)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] => [10,3] = (13),[1d20+3] => [7,3] = (10)
whispering to Lunauc, 10 is a miss I take it?
(647) DM: (Sush, 16)
(651) Sushil: (These wolves must be REALLY hungry to take this risk)
** (651) Sushil reloads and fires on 2 again **
(651) Sushil: Crossbow, light Attack Roll: [1d20+3] => [15,3] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [2,0] = (2)
(656) Kiwren: (( or trained ))
(651) Sushil: (again -4 for melee, still a hit at 14 I figure)
(647) DM: (R, 13)
(648) Rowan: Rowan moves and attacks #2 with her shortsword.
** (648) Rowan swings shortsword [1d20+4] => [11,4] = (15) **
(647) DM: (they did attack the minion but missed...have been whispering a lot)
(648) Rowan: dmg [`1d6+2] => `1d6+2
(648) Rowan: [1d6+2] => [4,2] = (6)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] => [3,3] = (6)
(647) DM: (2 tried to bite R but missed)
(647) DM: (K, 4)
(656) Kiwren: "Úòçãúîîrêå'Fîïwmphìa Ìaânâpâ Zgxòâça'Lblbyã'îêqcìha" ((Target Wolf #1))
(656) Kiwren: "Èùðäÿänàðá Zèuäóúnmiòà Hãûòëeeøìa Ühmfáaæfåã`Eèúìäwmpæ ìàëëwønb'Iónppfå Zåûórbæä Eèúìäwmpæ'Fìakwià Üðaæryùæ'Zanóÿb'Hãtûøáájä àøìha`Eèúìäwmpæ Alägq"
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, didn't get that
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, I think my mouse might be broken or somethng
(648) Rowan: ((opps forgot my skirism bonus)) [1d6] => [4] = (4)
(648) Rowan: ((sorry))
(647) DM: (well then 2 dies)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] => [10,2] = (12)
(647) DM: (C, 4)
(648) Rowan: ((2 down))
** (650) Cassima takes another swing at the last remaining wolf. **
(650) Cassima: Full Moon (magic) Attack: [1d20+5] => [14,5] = (19) ==> DAMAGE [1d8+3] => [4,3] = (7)
(647) DM: It dies
** (648) Rowan gets her spear **
** (648) Rowan cleans her sword and sheaths it **
** (650) Cassima looks to her companions as her attack takes out the last wolf. "Did anyone get hit?" **
** (656) Kiwren moves up as the last wolf dies "Too bad we had to kill them, they should be out and running free with their brethren." **
(648) Rowan: "I'm fine."
** (651) Sushil lowers the crossbow, approaching behind Smasher, chastising lightly, "Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. I migh thave to rebuild you." **
(650) Cassima: "Too bad, yes - but they weren't going to just let us continue."
(656) Kiwren: (( AFK for a smoke ))
(651) Sushil: "We should hide the bodies, in case they were pets, and the owner gets curious. The pit may be a good dump bin."
(648) Rowan: "Agreed."
(650) Cassima: "Sounds good." Cassima helps Sushil dump the wolf bodies. ((And smoke break as well))
** (648) Rowan helps haul them to the pit **
** (651) Sushil has Smasher haul off two wolves, while carrying the minion's club, and following along **
(651) Sushil: (afk a min)
(647) DM: (Sometime later....you're back where you encountered the wolves.)
(647) DM: (and still no sign of this cauldron...)
** (650) Cassima nods forward, indicating that they should continue. **
(651) Sushil: (bak)
** (651) Sushil agrees, "Well, the locked room should be back that way (gestures toward 7). May be a good place to start, as someone seemed interested in getting in there previously." **
(656) Kiwren: (( back ))
** (650) Cassima nods and proceeds to the left (to room 7). **
** (656) Kiwren follows **
** (648) Rowan follows and looks for more traps **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] => [10,6] = (16)
whispering to Rowan, there seems to be no traps
(648) Rowan: ?
(647) DM: (yes?)
(647) DM: It's slightly ajar but you'd need to squeeeeezzzze....
** (650) Cassima steps back, letting Rowan check first. **
** (648) Rowan sneaks in **
(648) Rowan: Hide [1d20+9] => [12,9] = (21)
(648) Rowan: Move Silently [1d20+9] => [7,9] = (16)
(658) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 22:09
(659) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 22:10
(648) Rowan: "Large storeroom."
(659) Dj Gilcrease: Booting '(656) Dj Gilcrease' from room...
(656) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 22:11
(659) Dj Gilcrease: Booting '(658) Dj Gilcrease' from room...
(658) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 22:11
(650) Cassima: "Nothing of note?"
(648) Rowan: "Let's search."
(648) Rowan: Search [1d20+6] => [14,6] = (20)
** (651) Sushil squeezes through the door, to help search the storeroom. **
** (648) Rowan picks out a scoop made of silver from an open box **
** (650) Cassima lets the others search the room as she keeps her attention back down the hallway for any sign of anyone, or anything, approaching. **
(648) Rowan: "this looks interesting."
(651) Sushil: "What did yo find?"
(648) Rowan: "I found something that might be tea and a silver scoop."
(648) Rowan: "Obviously something of value and used by the giant."
(651) Sushil: "Might be tea..?"
** (651) Sushil moves over to see what Rowan is talking about. **
** (659) Kiwren looks around the room for anything magical **
** (648) Rowan gestures to Sushil. **
(647) DM: It's a large scoop about the size of an ale tankard and made of pure silver. The scoop was within a box filled to the brim with dried aromatic leaves.
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, nope
(659) Kiwren: "The cauldron isnt here"
(651) Sushil: "Huh.. a tea drinking giant brigand. A bit interesting."
(648) Rowan: "Very odd."
(651) Sushil: "Why? Tea is very good for you."
(651) Sushil: "I guess we shall have to check the other way." :squeezes back out of the room:
** (659) Kiwren follows the others out of the room **
** (650) Cassima sees Sushil rejoining her, so she slowly starts moving back down the hallway a little, stopping once she reaches the path to the kitchen (room 8). **
** (648) Rowan heads out **
(647) DM: The corridor branches into three passages.
** (651) Sushil follows back to the fork with Smasher **
** (650) Cassima heads to the left to begin with, as they did at the previous fork. **
** (648) Rowan goes with the party, scouting ahead if permitted **
** (650) Cassima allows Rowan to go first, she is just interested in moving along. **
(650) Cassima: (( directing the party to room 9 ))
** (648) Rowan examines the unusual door **
(648) Rowan: "Might be the wolf kennels."
(650) Cassima: "Makes sense, they would have come from this general direction.
(648) Rowan: "Looks like a hinged door for their kennel, anyone wantto crawl in?"
(651) Sushil: "Not particularly. Though they may have been guard dogs for something. We'll check there last."
(650) Cassima: "Can't imagine our giant would - so no need."
** (648) Rowan nods **
(648) Rowan: "Alright, let's go back to the fork."
(651) Sushil: "So then... door number 2?" :asks as he points his glowing coin toward the door to 11:
** (650) Cassima heads back and points the next left most direction to Rowan (to 11). **
(648) Rowan: "Sounds good."
** (648) Rowan proceeds to door #11 **
** (648) Rowan looks for traps **
(648) Rowan: "Rusted hinges, this door isn't used much. Chilly, sounds like running water, perhaps a river?"
(659) Kiwren: (( afk, phone ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] => [2,6] = (8)
(650) Cassima: "Well, I doubt that the giant has passed by then, but let's look if we can to double check.
** (648) Rowan opens the door and looks inside **
(648) Rowan: "Appears to be empty."
(648) Rowan: "Hmm, doesn't look too stable, might be some sort of trap."
** (648) Rowan taps the ground with the end of her spear **
(650) Cassima: "Then let's try the last door."
(648) Rowan: "Yes, see."
** (648) Rowan watches the floor fall into a chasm **
(648) Rowan: "Yes, let's go to the other passage."
(647) DM: A portion of ground gives way at Rowan's action and falls down a barely visible chasm.
** (648) Rowan shuts the door **
** (650) Cassima heads back to the third fork, hoping that this one holds some answers. **
(647) DM: (we should probably stop here and continue from this point forward next time.)
(648) Rowan: ((sound sgood))
(647) DM: (you're very close to the end)
(650) Cassima: (( cool ))


Back to Forgotten Realms Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms