Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
20 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
20 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Forgotten Realms Logs
Welcome to OpenRPG version 1

Welcome to OpenRPG version 1.7.0...

Command Alias List:
/? is short for /help
/d is short for /description
/date is short for /time
/desc is short for /description
/he is short for /me
/i is short for /ignore
/nick is short for /name
/she is short for /me
/sleep is short for /me falls asleep
/w is short for /whisper

Command List:
/admin - Remote admin commands
/close Close the chat tab
/description, /d, /desc message - Creates a block of text, used for room descriptions and such
/dieroller - Set your dieroller or list the available rollers.
/font fontname - Sets the font.
/fontsize size - Sets the size of your fonts. Recomended 8 or better for the size.
/gm message - Whispers to all GMs in the room
/gw group_name=message - Type /gw help for more information
/help, /? - Displays this help message
/ignore, /i [player_id,player_id,... | ignored_ip,ignored_ip,... | list] - Toggle ignore for user associated with that player ID. Using the IP will remove the only not toggle.
/lines number - View or set the maximum number of lines shown in chat.
/load filename - Loads settings from another ini file from the myfiles directory.
/log [ on | off | to filename ] - Check log state, additionally turn logging on, self.off, self.or set the log filename prefix.
/me, /he, /she - Alias for **yourname does something.**
/moderate [ on | off ][player_id=on|off] - Show who can speak in a moderated room, self.or turn room moderation on or off.
/name, /nick name - Change your name.
/ping - Ask for a response from the server.
/purge - Purge history older than your buffersize.
/role [player_id = GM | Player | Lurker] - Get player roles from ther server, self.or change the role of a player.
/set [setting[=value]] - Displays one or all settings, self.or sets a setting.
/sound Sound_URL - Plays a sound for all clients in the room.
/status your_status - Set your online status (afk,away,etc..).
/tab player_id - Creates a tab so you can whisper rolls to youror what ever
/time, /date - Display the local and GMT time and date.
/update [get] - Get the latest version of OpenRPG.
/version - Displays current version of OpenRPG.
/whisper, /w player_id_number, ... = message - Whisper to player(s). Can contain multiple IDs.
Font is now Arial point size 10
Locating server at adsl-66-73-4-231.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net:6774...
Game connected!
(101) TaliesinNYC (enter): 18:53
(57) Neko-kun (enter): 18:53
(79) Swirln (enter): 18:53
(83) Parliament (enter): 18:53
(85) Kamanar (enter): 18:53
(82) Prominence (enter): 18:53
(99) hakootoko (enter): 18:53
Server Administrator-> You have connected to an OpenRPG server, version '1.7.0'.

The Tangled Web

We're glad you've found us and sincerely hope to become your home for hosting or playing in traditional pen and paper style roleplaying games with friends from around the world... all from the comfort of your own home. The Tangled Web provides a growing community of players from around the world who all share in common a love of roleplaying games such as the famous d20 systems, White Wolf, Gurps, and more.

Note: From now on, Tags of any sort are banned from this server. This includes tags denoting loyalty to a community, gaming group, setting, system, etc. If you refuse to remove your tag, you will be booted.

 

Standing outside the entrance to the cave, you are surprised to hear the sounds of music and merriment coming from deep within.
What do you do? (click on your choice)
1) Enter the Cave
2) Run fast and far away

 


Moving to room 'Faerun'..
(101) TaliesinNYC (enter): 18:53
Server Administrator->

The Tangled Web

We're glad you've found us and sincerely hope to become your home for hosting or playing in traditional pen and paper style roleplaying games with friends from around the world... all from the comfort of your own home. The Tangled Web provides a growing community of players from around the world who all share in common a love of roleplaying games such as the famous d20 systems, White Wolf, Gurps, and more.

Note: From now on, Tags of any sort are banned from this server. This includes tags denoting loyalty to a community, gaming group, setting, system, etc. If you refuse to remove your tag, you will be booted.

 

Standing outside the entrance to the cave, you are surprised to hear the sounds of music and merriment coming from deep within.
What do you do? (click on your choice)
1) Enter the Cave
2) Run fast and far away

 


(111) Zane (enter): 19:07
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (111) Zane...
(112) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 19:08
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (112) Dj Gilcrease...
(111) Zane: DJ - just sent you an email about Open. I think I am having issues with the development stuff.
(113) M. (enter): 19:11
(112) Dj Gilcrease: Ya I just fixed that bug about 3 hours ago. You can edit the openrpg->orpg->orpg_wx.py file and change the line test = FNB.FNB_HIDE_ON_SINGLE_TAB to if FNB.FNB_HIDE_ON_SINGLE_TAB: pass
(111) Zane: k
(111) Zane: That still sounds easier than reinstalling. :)
(112) Dj Gilcrease: AAye
(101) TaliesinNYC: I uploaded a rule on Jaxi on the site
(101) TaliesinNYC: sort of laying the groundwork for a future storyline for one of the Andurin games
(111) Zane: Jaxi? Or should I just go read it?
(101) TaliesinNYC: whenever
(101) TaliesinNYC: its in the Esoterica forum
(101) TaliesinNYC: it's a chess variant
(114) Zane (enter): 19:16
(114) Zane: Yay - it worked. Thanks DJ
(111) Zane: Disconnecting from server...
(111) Zane (exit): 19:16
(114) Zane: BTW - I do like the new tabs, although the default color splash one was a bit shocking. :)
(112) Dj Gilcrease: llol, Ya tthats jjust tto sshow ooff tthe varies ccolors yyou ccan use. yyou ccan cchange tthe ccolors in tthe OOpenRPG->TTab SStyles menu
(114) Zane: Yeah, I changed them quite quickly. :)
(112) Dj Gilcrease: ooo I get bbetter aat oonline ssttuttering. bbrb, gona restart OOppen aand ssee if tthhat ffixes it
(112) Dj Gilcrease: Disconnecting from server...
(112) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 19:19
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (114) Zane...
(117) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 19:20
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (117) Dj Gilcrease...
(117) Dj Gilcrease: Ok all better now. I realy have to figure out what is causing that on my main system, I cannot replicate it on my other 5
(114) Zane: Yeah - figure it out and let Stan know - I'm sure he'll find a character to use it for. :)
(117) Dj Gilcrease: lol
(117) Dj Gilcrease: Did you know tthat CChess oorigionaly did nnot hhave BBisops ((BBah it sstarted aagain)). TThey hhad SShips, bbut tthen tthe cchruch decided tthey wwandted tto bbe rrepresented aas wwell. TThats wwhy tthe BBisops ccan oonly mmove Diagonaly bbecause SShips hhave tto TTack into tthe wwind
(114) Zane: Nope, did not know that.
(119) Donovan (enter): 19:25
(113) M.: Why double letters?
(114) Zane: It's an error on his end.
(117) Dj Gilcrease: CCaause mmy ssystem ddecided it wwaanted mme tto ssttutter wwhhile ttyping
(114) Zane: Ok - this is annoying. Any idea why my computer *beeps* everytime I send a message now?
(119) Donovan: Wwow. Tthat's ppretty aanoying, hhuh?
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (119) Donovan...
(101) TaliesinNYC: hm
(101) TaliesinNYC: not on my end
(117) Dj Gilcrease: II tthhink tthhats part oof tthhe bbuug tthhats ccaauusing tthhe ddubble lletters iin tthhe cchhat bbaar
(101) TaliesinNYC: that's going to be annoying
(119) Donovan: Oh don't mind me. I just got here and am poking fun while I wait for the oven to heat up
(114) Zane: Ok. Yeah, the double letters is just DJ. I think deep down he feels that people should pay more attention to him, so he made his computer 'stutter' his speech so everyone pays more attention to everything he says. :)
(117) Dj Gilcrease: I can type normaly if I use a test box to sent the message
(114) Zane: Wow - that would be annoying for you, but at least it works
(117) Dj Gilcrease: Just the chat bar mak the dubble letters and causes a system beep every time I send a message
(114) Zane: I got the beep, but not the doubles.
(121) Lunauc (enter): 19:32
(121) Lunauc: yo
(114) Zane: Hey
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (121) Lunauc...
(117) Dj Gilcrease: Test, Well figured out where the dubble letters were coming fom, the Chat Auto Complete function is broken
(101) TaliesinNYC: let's wait for Seaghn before we start
(114) Zane: Ahh, I always turn that off, so why I didn't have that problem.
(117) Dj Gilcrease: Still dont know whats causing the System Beep though. A Beep usualy indicates an error or popup window, but I am logging nothing to my console
(101) TaliesinNYC: by the way, you guys might want to take a look at the most recent Bob submission in case you haven't already
(114) Zane: Yeah - I checked console too, but had nothing
(113) M.: Also, let me introduce myself. My name is Mordy and I'm watching the game tonight.
(114) Zane: You mean the one you emailed yesterday about the goblins, right?
(121) Morti: Wow! We's almost gots da same name!
(113) M.: Almost.
(101) TaliesinNYC: he hasn't written up a Bob yet
(121) Morti: *gasp* For Shame!
(113) M.: for shame.
(113) M.: I don't actually have to play the Bob I write, right? I just have to write him?
(121) Morti: unless it's really really good
(113) M.: I don't really like the name Bob.
(121) Morti: Okay,, how about Roberto
(121) Morti: ?
(113) M.: Yeah. I don't know...
(119) Donovan: The submission you make will undoubtedly be scrutinized and examined to an extraordinary level of detail that would make a hardened FBI agent nervous.
(113) M.: Thankfully it's digital and not handwritten.
(101) TaliesinNYC: the purpose of Bob is so that we can get a sense of how you are as a player short of seeing you participate in a session
(114) Zane: brb
(114) Zane: Outta here.
(114) Zane (exit): 19:48
(113) M.: Though, doesn't my ability to write a background not necceserily correlate with my ability to RP?
(101) TaliesinNYC: perhaps
(121) Morti: True, they are two completely different things. The background just exhibits your thoughfulness and depth of character.
(101) TaliesinNYC: there's no way you'll know for sure without trying it though, isn't it?
(121) Morti: Plus. We like to poke fun at the submissions
(113) M.: This is true.
(131) Zane (enter): 19:50
(113) M.: Anyway, I'm not writing anything until I get to see tonight's game. Interviews work both ways ;)
(101) TaliesinNYC: of course
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (131) Zane...
(101) TaliesinNYC: ok, he's late
(101) TaliesinNYC: let's start
(121) Morti: Oh great, now i'm nervous
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(101) DM: ((who needs a recap?))
(121) Sushil: (sure, go for it)
(117) Dj Gilcrease: (( Gona go smoke real fast ))
(101) TaliesinNYC: ((investigated a few rooms...mostly the armory (area 3), the corridor around area 4 and a bit of RP. dealt with a lock lurker.))
(101) DM: ** Grinkle seemed to have watched the goings on with the lurker with interest but didn't touch it. **
(532) Sushil: "Try what now?"
(516) Grinkle: "Me try open...open...open it."
** (530) Ruth looks over the box as is before gesturing and incanting a brief spell to see things in a new perspective.(detect magic) **
** (510) Fildin cracks a smile for a moment, but then lets it slip away. **
(509) Amreth: "Grink, that might not be sucha good idea," he says, moving to stop him.
(516) Grinkle: "Um...okay."
** (530) Ruth looks over the box, then the armory, then finally to Vadania. **
(516) Grinkle: "Hoo dat?"
** (509) Amreth pats the hob on the shoulder, "We've got to check it out first, aye? And if it's clean, and you won't get hurt, go ahead and give it a shot." **
(532) Sushil: "Aaaahh.. why not let Grinkle earn his keep. Half some faith in him." :offers with meager sincerity:
(516) DM: The hobgoblin looks around with a puzzled look on his face.
** (509) Amreth cocks a brow at Grinkle, "Who's what?" **
** (532) Sushil raises a brow to Grinkle **
(530) Ruth: "Nothing magical in here. Company coming?"
(516) Grinkle: "Plant lady tak in hed. Oooo."
** Grinkle looks at Vadania. "Me kno lox." **
** (509) Amreth glances from Grinkle to Vanadia, then back, "Her?" he asks, pointing at the small woman, "Aye, she does that.." **
(516) Grinkle: "No mojo. Lox, trix. Stikkin', nub killin'."
(532) Sushil: :looks back and forth from the hob to the hin: "Vadania can project thoughts?"
** (509) Amreth frowns, looking down at Vadania, "Huh." **
(510) Fildin: "Yes she can. Oh, and she did think your joke was a little funny by the way."
(532) Sushil: :blinks: "Fascinating."
** (509) Amreth keeps an eye on her as he kneels down to check the box once more for any trickery, then grabs hold of Grinkle, "Fine, get down 'ere and see to the box." **
(516) Grinkle: "Um, okay. Plant lady say yub help."
(532) Sushil: "Wow.." :to Vadania: "Can you recieve thoughts as well?"
** Grinkle gets down on his knees and takes out a whittled bone and a piece of wire and starts finagling with the lock. **
(516) Grinkle: "Dum, dum, dum."
** (509) Amreth moves back a bit, and watching Grinkle work at the lock with his crude tools. **
(532) Sushil: "That could be helpful at times. How far away can it work?" :attention on the hin statuette as the others work on the box:
(516) Grinkle: "Dum, dum, dum...."
(516) DM: He looks up with a goofy grin.
(516) Grinkle: "Dis open now."
(509) Amreth: "Full of surprises," he says.
** (509) Amreth carefully opens the box. **
(516) DM: Inside is a bulging leather satchel and a scroll tube.
** (509) Amreth grabs up the leather satchel and begins examining its contents. **
(516) DM: It clinks. Heavy with coin.
** (509) Amreth sits down on his butt, and opens up the satchel, "Well, while it's not entirely hepful at the moment, I consider it worth while," he says, sifting through the coins with one hand. **
(510) Fildin: "Aren't you glad we came in here then? Anything besides the coins?"
** (509) Amreth plucks a fistful of coin from the bag, and let's them slwoly trickly back down into it, "I've seen enough coin in the past few weeks to retire comfortably many times over. I swear I don't know why I don't just pocket all I can and head back home." **
(530) Ruth: "The excitement?"
** (509) Amreth grabs the scrolls case, looks over it briefly, and hands it to Fildin, "Whatever this is." **
(510) Fildin: "because, if he leaves this coin this close to the entrance, imagine what he has further in."
(532) Sushil: "that's still quite useful." :responds to the hin woman's silent answer before offering over his shoulder to Amreth: "Dumb greed for more?"
** (510) Fildin accepts the scroll case, he looks over it and then turns to Ruth, to see if she wants to look over it. **
(509) Amreth: "Don't stumble, now."
(509) Amreth: "That's a very fine line you're walkin', mate," he says, drops the satchel of coin, and stands to his feet.
(509) Amreth: "Regardless, we've got what we could find. What of the little lady there?" he asks, gesturing to the prone and paralysed little woman.
(532) Sushil: :shrugs: "Doon't we all? Why else would we be in such a place as this?"
(510) Fildin: "She should be fine, but time is the only thing I know of to help her out."
(532) Sushil: :nods to Vadania: "We can lash her to my servants back to be carried. I don't think her weight will be a problem."
(509) Amreth: "She doesn't have any suggestiosn of her own? No ideas for elixers, nothing?"
(516) Grinkle: "Oooo."
** (510) Fildin looks to Vadania. **
(532) Sushil: :glances to Grinkle: "Perhaps you have an idea."
(516) Grinkle: "Nub. Plant lady tak in hed."
** (509) Amreth glances at Grinkle as he looses and let's fall to the ground the makeshift tourniquet he's made, "What?" **
** (530) Ruth takes the offered scroll case and opens it up. "A message and payment, probably." **
(509) Amreth: "Payment, eh? How very thoughtful."
** (509) Amreth bends down to grab the satchel, "And much appreciated." **
(532) Sushil: :Looks to Ruth: "What now?"
** (530) Ruth unrolls the scroll and looks it over. **
** (509) Amreth unslings his pack, and hides the satchel of coin away, before arranging the pack on his back again, "What's it say?" **
** (510) Fildin frowns slightly, but remains still. **
(530) Ruth: "It is Jhanaeril's payment for his last job. Verek offers him more work."
(509) Amreth: "Wait, who?"
(530) Ruth: "The man we captured who was running messages for Verek."
(509) Amreth: "This is quite a sum for a simple messenger. Must remember to speak to this Verek fellow about employment, should you all fall."
** (509) Amreth glances at the others in their silence, "That was a joke." **
(530) Ruth: "Think of the trouble it would be to collect payment though."
** (510) Fildin seems to be paying no attention to Ruth or Amreth. **
** (509) Amreth adjusts his pack, "Collected this easy enough." **
(532) Sushil: "It's strange though..."
(530) Ruth: "I am glad to hear you think that. I had thought these traps seemed a bit rough from my perspective."
(532) Sushil: "I could have sworn Jhanaeril said that his payment was half of the coin in the sack he was to give to the hobs. I wonder, is this payment for the next job?"
(509) Amreth: "Next time we're in Eveningstar, I suppose we'll have to ask?"
(530) Ruth: "Then Verek may actually be out to deliver the first message right now."
(532) Sushil: "If he was paid so little for organizing a hobgoblin raid against a powerful wizard, I wonder what he would be paid all of this for. He did not seem particularly capable."
(530) Ruth: "Also, with him out of the way, who is Verek going to have do this job instead?"
** (509) Amreth ponders for a moment, "If he has nobody else in mind, I suppose it could be me." **
(516) Grinkle: "Okay, plant lady."
(516) DM: As Grinkle attempts to pick Vadania up, she jerks involuntarily.
(530) Ruth: "If you can convince him to hire you, it would be a great help in derailing his plans."
(516) Grinkle: "Yub hevy."
** (509) Amreth shrugs, "Pecicely what I was thinking. How, exactly, I'll contact him, or attract him to contact me, is the question. And of course there is the matter of payment to be considered for taking such a risk.." **
(509) Amreth: "But I imagine that'll sort itself out once he's dead or otherwise no longer an issue."
(516) Grinkle: "Huh?"
(516) Grinkle: "Yub lotz hevy."
** (510) Fildin looks to the others, to see them all still discussing. He decides to check on whoever is awaiting them, so he moves back down the hallway to the closed and locked door as quietly as he can. Once there, he listens again to try to determine if the occupant is still there. **
** (509) Amreth shrugs, and readjust the pack on his shoulders to better tolerate the added weight, "Just an idea." **
** (509) Amreth follows Fildin out the door. **
(510) Fildin: (( door to 6 ))
** (510) Fildin seems to find a pile of loose stones along the hallway, which he trips across and stumbles some, sending the stones scattering along the hallway. **
** (509) Amreth stops short and backs up against the wall, watching Fil, "Careful," he says in a hushed tone. **
** (510) Fildin looks back at the others, his face slightly redder than normal. **
(516) DM: Elsewhere in the Keep, a gate slams shut.
** (509) Amreth drops a hand to his hip, and grasps the hilt of one blade, and becomes silent, listening. **
(532) Sushil: "uh oh"
(462) Vadania: "hwodcanye stay Im heby?" ** tries to unlock her jaw, the paralysis finaly begining to fade **
** (510) Fildin stops in his tracks as well, trying to listen for anything approaching. **
** (509) Amreth hisses, "Quiet!" **
** (509) Amreth nods to the door to room 6, "Heard footsteps. Moving away." **
** (510) Fildin motions for Amreth to pass him, "Locked door." he whispers. **
** (509) Amreth gestures the others back around the corner, "Have a feeling we're going to have company," he says, and draws both blades free of their scabbards. **
** (462) Vadania yawns, streting her jaw muscles Ahh thats better, you can put me down now if you think I am so heavy Grnkle!" **
** (510) Fildin moves back with the others, but places himself in the corner, where he can watch what happens. **
** (509) Amreth moves forward, towards the door, "I'll take care of it." **
** Grinkle lets go. "Yub, yub lotz hevy." **
** (530) Ruth readies a bolt to her crossbow, though it hasn't done any good so far. Ruth peeks around the corner of the hallway while Amreth works on the door. **)
** (462) Vadania smacks Grinkle's back "I think you just need to use your muscles more" ** looks slightly abashes as she looks around and seems the others arming themselves and here she is joking around with grinkle **
** (532) Sushil waits behind his minion, listening for any sounds of approach **
** (462) Vadania draws her sword **
** (509) Amreth crouches down, and glances back at Ruth, pointing at the lock, mouthing the word, "Trap," and holds a moment. **
** (509) Amreth takes a few moments to study the lock, and what seems to be some kin gof trap, then turns his head away from it, and starts working on it slowly, carefully, but blindly. **
(516) DM: The rogue stands to one side and inserts a pick into the lock, thrusts briefly then dodges aside as a stream of faint, whitish-gray powder streams out of the hole and disperses into a fine dust cloud that reminds you faintly of sneezing powder.

(101) DM: ((that's where we left off btw. someone want to take care of Amreth for the time being until S. shows up?))
(131) Amreth: (( sure - got a node, in case it's needed? ))
(101) Grinkle: "Me nub str...str...big." (at Vad)
** (131) Amreth glances at the dust as it starts to settle, then stands, drawing his blades. He nods to Fildin and prepares himself. **
** (121) Sushil found the F4 macro key **
** (131) Fildin steps up and quickly opens the door, then steps to the side to allow Amreth through, into the room. **
(121) Sushil: (phew I've been looking for the key forever.)
(137) LtFiend (enter): 20:00
(131) Fildin: (( Forever? I don't have that key... ))
(121) Sushil: :P
(101) DM: As the door opens, the odor of rotting meat rolls out of the chamber beyond, overwhelming you. Well, except for Grinkle who merely twitches his nose a bit. All is silent within...silent and dark.
** (131) Amreth enters the room, quickly scanning, looking for the voice Fildin heard. **
(121) Sushil: (there's a torch on the wall beside the door, right?)
** (131) Fildin slips in behind Amreth, after taking a breath and holding it. **
(101) DM: (yes)
(101) DM: (not in 6 though.)
** Grinkle sniffs a bit. "Mmmph." (frowns) **
** (121) Sushil plucks the torch from the wall, handing it to his his minion, before ordering the silent servant in after Fildin **
(121) Sushil: :ro Grinkle: "Depressed over the wasted food?"
** (121) Sushil follows in after his minion, the rotting stench not seeming to offend him much **
(101) Grinkle: "Yub. Dere be hobs tho."
(117) Dj Gilcrease: (( back ))
(101) Grinkle: "Smell lik rotworm stew. Phew."
(131) Fildin: "Figures." Fildin mutters, as he carefully steps though the room, trying to avoid the mess - which seems to be everywhere.
(121) Sushil: sarcastically: "Mmm...Rotworm stew.. just like mama used to make."
(117) Dj Gilcrease: "I hope you dont ever cook that stew for us then if it smells like this."
(117) Vadania: "I hope you dont ever cook that stew for us then if it smells like this."
** (119) Ruth trails in after Sushil, catching the strong odor near the door. "Ugh, it smells thoroughly spoiled." **
(101) DM: The interior of the chamber beyond is absolutely filthy. Hams hanging from the ceiling, some with bites out of them, stale food, dirty dishes and an overflowing cauldron that seems to have been used as a latrine. An overturned table can be seen in one corner of the chamber. To your immediate right is a closed door. There is another door on the far side of the room, also closed. The room is otherwise empty.
** (131) Fildin moves to the door to the right, to try and see if the voice he heard went that way. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [12,2] = (14)
(121) Sushil: :looks about with disgust: "Dear gods above... even an animal knows better than to defecate where it eats."
(117) Vadania: "Not all animals know that Sushil"
(121) Sushil: "Sorry... the animals who are not stupid.. know better."
(121) Sushil: "And fish don't count since they can't leave the water."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [4] = (4)
** (131) Fildin moves on, picking his way across the room, to the next door - to listen at it as well. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [2] = (2)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [8,2] = (10)
** (131) Fildin looks back to the others, raising his finger to his lips, then pointing to the door (to 7). **
** (131) Fildin makes his way, quietly, back to the others. Once with them, he tells them, in whispered tones, "There is someone behind that door - sounds like they are pacing." **
(121) Sushil: :arches a brow: "Hearing us in here, you'd figure he'd be running for help instead."
(131) Fildin: "Maybe he hasn't heard us quite yet?"
(121) Sushil: "Maybe he's just getting bored waiting to ambush us."
(117) Vadania: "Could be just waiting for us."
(121) Sushil: "Shall we open the door and say hello?"
** Grinkle looks around the chamber in disgust. **
** (131) Fildin shrugs. "I can't read his mind." **
(121) Sushil: "I was not really expecting you to."
(119) Ruth: "I doubt he could have missed us, still."
(131) Fildin: "Well, either we wait - or we go visit him, her, it, whatever."
(101) DM: The servant stands by the door, patiently waiting.
(121) Sushil: "Is it locked? Or shall we break it down?"
** (131) Fildin shrugs. "I don't think it was locked." **
(121) Sushil: "Alright then. I'll have my minion open the door and we can face whatever is inside."
** (131) Fildin nods and moves back, but where he will have a view of what lies beyond the door. **
** (131) Amreth places his back against the wall near the door, waiting for the servant. **
** (119) Ruth stands back by where she entered the room with her crossbow ready. **
** (121) Sushil moves over and takes the torch from his minion, ordering to it in a whisper, "Open the door when I say 'now'." With that he moves back into from the door and readies before ordering, "Now." **
(101) DM: It opens the door slowly. Inside, paces the largest hobgoblin you've ever seen. It's easily as tall as Amreth and just as wide. Garbed in tattered leather armor, it's slowly swinging a barbed wooden club from side to side as it shuffles back and forth. It hasn't seen you yet...and after a momentary glance, you know why. Its right eye is milky white. A telltale chain hangs about its muscular neck, adorned with dried-out fingers.
** Grinkle takes one look at the hobgoblin and yelps, "Smasher!", then faints. **
(101) DM: (init if you wish)
** (121) Sushil notes their cooks fainting and assumes the worst. (does he notice us when Grinkle cries out?) **
(149) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 20:29
(101) DM: (well it was audible enough for you to hear)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (149) Dj Gilcrease...
(131) Amreth: Initiative: [1d20+4] ==> [17,4] = (21)
(101) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(117) Dj Gilcrease' from room...
(117) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 20:29
(131) Fildin: Initiative: [1d20+3] ==> [11,3] = (14)
(119) Ruth: Initiative: [1d20+1] -> [7,1] = (8)
(149) Vadania: INIT: [1d20+3] ==> [7,3] = (10)
(149) Vadania: Hile Init: [1d20+2] ==> [19,2] = (21)
(121) Sushil: Initiative: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
(149) Vadania: (( Forget Hiles, he is outside ))
(121) Sushil: Mininon initiative: [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20-1] -> [8,-1] = (7)
(121) Sushil: "Hello there..." :offers to the mad hob who has not attacked them.. just yet.
(101) DM: It turns towards you slowly, swinging its club from side to side, then barks, "HAY! Yub nub blak hand humie!"
(121) Sushil: "How do you know?"
(101) DM: It strides forward and yells "Me smash yub!"
(101) DM: (24, Min)
(149) Vadania: "Bad idea."
** (121) Sushil offers his minion a simple command, "Attack." **
(121) Sushil: Full attack: Long Sword: [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14) , [1d8+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
(151) Ned (enter): 20:35
(101) DM: (hit)
(101) DM: It doesn't seem to notice the fact that it's been struck. If anything, it becomes all the more enraged.
(101) DM: (21, Am)
** (131) Amreth spinds around the corner, using the hobgoblin's voice to aim his swords. **
(131) Amreth: Dual Short Swords: Right: [1d20+3] ==> [7,3] = (10) - Dmg: [1d6+2] ==> [2,2] = (4) Left: [1d20+3] ==> [15,3] = (18) - Dmg: [1d6+1] ==> [5,1] = (6)
(152) Gwen (enter): 20:38
(101) DM: (left hits)
(101) DM: The hobgoblin staggers back, a flap of skin opening up in its left thigh where Amreth's sword slashed.
(101) DM: (10, Vad)
** (149) Vadania draws her sword and moves to a beter position to attack **
(152) Gwen (exit): 20:39
(101) DM: (just remember there are two in front of the door...)
(101) DM: (8, Ruth)
** (119) Ruth gestures with her free hand incanting "Zo Eth". A greasy, coppery sheen spreads into the room behind the hobgoblin from under his feet, threatening to topple him. **
(119) Ruth: (Grease, Reflex DC is 15)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [4] = (4)
(101) DM: The hobgoblin, maddened by your attacks, attempts to lunge into the room but doesn't notice that the floor has suddenly become a morass of grease. It looses its footing and slips, crashing to the ground.
(101) DM: (7, Sush)
** (149) Vadania laughs **
** (121) Sushil sits back for the moment and lets his minion handle the brute work (delay) **
(101) DM: (I missed Fil, whoops)
(119) Ruth: "That will probably also make him angrier, but he is in a poor position now."
(131) Fildin: (( it's ok - running two in combat is work as well - I'll delay until Sushil goes. ))
(121) Sushil: (ok, but Sushil'
(121) Sushil: s pretty lazy)
(101) DM: (go Fil)
** (131) Fildin gets over his shock of the hobgoblin and pulls out his longhorn and picks up a quick little song, figuring the time for being quiet is gone. The song lifts everyones spirits and makes them feel as though they can do even better in the encounter. (bardic music) **
(101) DM: (now Sush)
(121) Sushil: (Eh.. delay into next round)
(101) DM: It tries to get up...
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [9] = (9)
(101) DM: ...and doesn't quite succeed.
(101) DM: (24, Min)
(121) Sushil: :the minion continues the assault:
(156) demian (enter): 20:50
(121) Sushil: Full attack: Long Sword: [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9) , [1d8+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
(121) Sushil: (14 att with prone ans song)
(156) demian (exit): 20:50
(101) DM: (yes)
(121) Sushil: (actually, might be 13... don't think an undead can be 'inspired')
(101) DM: Try as it might, it can't avoid your attacks. It flails about uselessly. (21, Am)
(131) Amreth: Dual Short Swords: Right: [1d20+3] ==> [4,3] = (7) - Dmg: [1d6+2] ==> [3,2] = (5) Left: [1d20+3] ==> [19,3] = (22) - Dmg: [1d6+1] ==> [5,1] = (6)
(101) DM: (the yes was to indicate that it hit)
(131) Amreth: (( +5 to both attacks ))
(121) Sushil: (just correcting myself)
(131) Amreth: (( Crit Check: [1d20+3] ==> [10,3] = (13) ))
(101) DM: (crit)
(131) Amreth: (( 12 damage ))
(101) DM: A final sword slash and the hobgoblin expires.
** (131) Amreth wipes his blades off on the hobgoblin's clothing, and then sheathes the blades for now. **
** (149) Vadania puts her sword back "Told him it was a bad idea to try and smush us" **
** (149) Vadania laughs **
(119) Ruth: "Expertly done once again, Amreth."
** (121) Sushil nods at the job well done and goes over to poke Grinkle with his staff. "Hey, you can wake up now." **
** (131) Fildin ends his song as Amreth finishes off the creature. "From Grinkle's reaction, I don't know - I just just expecting... more." **
(121) Sushil: "Big scary one-eyed toilet kitchen beast is gone."
** (149) Vadania goes into the room with the downed goblin and checks him over to see if he is still saveable **
(131) Fildin: "So, if he wasn't waiting for us, what was he doing pacing there?"
(149) Vadania: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+6] ==> [9,6] = (15)
** Grinkle opens one eye and looks up. "Ooo." **
(121) Sushil: "Maybe he'd been driven mad, or controlled by some compulsion to guard this place."
(101) Grinkle: "Yub kill Smasher." (jaw drops open) "How yub do dat?"
(119) Ruth: "Maybe he was just to guard the place for Verek.
(121) Sushil: :glances down at their hob companion, noting: "I believe you're lying in urine. You might want to get up."
(119) Ruth: "I tripped him up in his headlong rush and Amreth blindsided him before he could recover."
(149) Vadania: "Smasher? Amreth stuck him with his sword after Ruth made him fall down"
(131) Fildin: "Amreth did it, with a little help. You've seen him work."
** Grinkle gets up hastily and sniffs himself, then wrinkles his nose. "Mmmph." **
** (121) Sushil moves to glances into the next room, curious what comes next. **
(101) Grinkle: "Dat be Smasher. Julla's sec...sec...son nummer two."
(121) Sushil: "Well.. at least he's with his father now."
** (149) Vadania searches the body after determining that the Goblin cannot be saved **
(164) johnny (enter): 21:04
(101) Grinkle: "Yub kno dis be Lostafinga hob. Gris-gris dere." (points to the necklace of fingers)
(164) johnny (exit): 21:05
(121) Sushil: "Yeah, I noticed. I guess Verek's connection with the tribe goes beyond Jhanaeril."
(131) Fildin: "Yeah, the necklace and you knowing his name kind of made that obvious Grinkle." Fildin smiles at the hobgoblin.
(119) Ruth: "They might get the idea that we are tracking down all of Julla's family. Strange coincidence."
(101) DM: The room outside the kitchen appears to be some kind of vestibule. An open doorway leads to a room burrowed in solid rock to your immediate left. A closed wooden door is directly ahead. This chamber, like the one before it, is absolutely filthy.
** (131) Amreth moves into the room with the open door, to check it out. **
** (131) Fildin moves over to the closed door to see he can hear anything beyond it. **
(168) Natalia Lawblade(Ken) (enter): 21:07
** (121) Sushil steps on Smasher's corpse to avoid the grease pit in the hall as he moves into the rocky room with the torch to look around, his minion following the same path after him. **
** (149) Vadania finishes searching the body and steps back to see where they are headed next **
(101) DM: This seems to be a pantry. What contents therein were once organized but now it's a mess. Someone...presumably Smasher, got into this chamber and started pawing through the containers. Spilled flour, torn open sacks of grain, a half-eaten wheel of cheese, broken bottles of ale and a smashed water barrel are among what you can see.
** (121) Sushil shakes his head at the sight. "Absolutely uncivilized. Who taught this beast hygiene, an otyugh?" **
(168) Natalia Lawblade(Ken) (exit): 21:11
** (131) Amreth returns from the pantry to the north, munching on some salt cod. "Looks rather well stocked, or at least it was until quite recently." He glances down at the dead hobgoblin. **
(121) Sushil: (brb)
** (119) Ruth steps carefully around the fallen hobgoblin, looking around the room he was waiting in. **
(101) DM: Just a vestibule.
(121) Sushil: :to amreth: "Have you checked the next door yet?" (to 8)
(119) Ruth: "I still have not seen a room that looks like Verek would use it. How big is this place?"
** (131) Amreth shakes his head no and goes to check the next door, looking for any traps and listening for anything beyond it. **
(121) Sushil: :to Ruth: "If that fungus shrewn hall we saw earlier is any indication, I'd say it extends underground."
(131) Fildin: "Underground?"
(121) Sushil: :nods:""into throck behind it."
(171) Avise (enter): 21:20
(171) Avise (exit): 21:20
(119) Ruth: "Maybe. It might be worth the expense for the extra security."
** (131) Amreth pulls out some tools and begins to work on the lock. **
** Grinkle peers into the pantry and takes a look around. **
(101) Grinkle: "Hum." (peers into a barrel or two) "Ooo."
(121) Sushil: "Find something goo, Grinkle?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [6,6] = (12)
(101) Grinkle: "'Shrooms. Horn 'shrooms."
(101) Grinkle: "Ooooo. Roast um chikken wid 'shrooms. Hum."
(121) Sushil: "Ah.. good for you."
** (131) Amreth puts his tools away and draws out a single blade. "Everyone ready?" **
** Grinkle starts rummaging through a couple of bags. "Leebs, onyuns, 'shrooms. Lotz foodin." **
(149) Vadania: "Yes, lots of food, but net safe to start cooking right yet Grinkle."
(119) Ruth: "Clearly Smasher did not know what he had available."
** Grinkle sighs heavily. "Oh, oshay." **
(101) DM: He waddles out of the room, pouches bulging.
** (149) Vadania laughs **
(149) Vadania: "I am sure Ruths Kitchen will be much better stocked, and cleaner when we get time to work on her keep."
(131) Fildin: "Looks like we are now Amreth."
** (121) Sushil turns to Amreth with a nod. **
** (131) Amreth opens the door to the next area. **
** (149) Vadania nods to Amreth **
** (131) Amreth peers into the room beyond. **
(101) DM: It's a stable....and it's a shambles.
(101) DM: The entire front wall is ruined. A large rock outcropping is immediately outside. Horse skeletons can be clearly seen in the dirt.
** (131) Amreth makes his way through the stables, trying to see if there are any stirs hidden in the room. **
(101) DM: In the far corner of the room, half hidden by cobwebs, is a dark iron door. It seems to be closed.
(121) Sushil: "Well, I can't say much for how Verek treats his animals." :eyeing the dead horse:
** (149) Vadania grunts "Should treat your animals better then letting them starve to death in a stables, at least set them free." **
(119) Ruth: "It does not exactly look like there was a fire."
(131) Fildin: "Yet another reason to get rid of Verek."
** (131) Amreth makes his way to the iron door, searching it for traps. **
** (121) Sushil shakes his head as they all take his joke too seriously. **
** (149) Vadania makes her way around the stables looking for anything interesting **
** (119) Ruth tries to determine what happened to the front wall of the stables. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
** (121) Sushil moves into the room, following Amreth, and prodding the minion along with his staff. **
(131) Amreth: "So, just how much abuse can your friend there take?" he asks Sushil.
(121) Sushil: "It's not anuse. He needs guidance."
(121) Sushil: (abuse, even)
(131) Amreth: "No, I mean from the traps on this door."
(121) Sushil: :shrugs: "It would depend what the trap is."
(131) Amreth: "Looks like a pair. One on the lock itself, one magical one set off by opening it."
(121) Sushil: "Hmmm..." If it's a blade or a spike, I dount he'd mind much. Though the magical trap worries me."
(149) Vadania: "Why wouldnt he mind getting stabed?"
(131) Amreth: "Yeah, one is blade - but that is also the one that I could trip myself."
(121) Sushil: :shrugs: "He's never complained before. I doubt he would now."
(149) Vadania: "You siad he cannot talk so how could he complain?"
(121) Sushil: "Exactly."
(149) Vadania: "Just because he cannot complain dos not mean he does not mind."
(121) Sushil: :to Amreth: "If you truly feat the magical assault I suppose he can take the brunt. But relieve him of the blade if you would."
(119) Ruth: "There are plenty of means for making a silent protest."
(121) Sushil: (fear even)
(121) Sushil: :to Vad: "Trust me. He does not mind."
** (131) Amreth lies down on the ground and waving everyone else back, he reaches up to try to disable the traped lock. **
** (149) Vadania grunts **
** (149) Vadania stays back **
** (131) Fildin watches Amreth with interest. **
** (121) Sushil moves closer to the door, asking Amreth to show him the evidence of the spell upon it in hopes of determining the effect. (spellcraft based on what Amreth shows..?) **
(121) Sushil: "Before you possibly get cut open, would you mind?""
** (131) Amreth sighs, but stops what he is doing and shows Sushil what he found. **
(121) Sushil: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [17,8] = (25)
whispering to Lunauc, evocation
whispering to Lunauc, certainly enough magic to cause injury to whomever opened the door
whispering to Lunauc, either a magic missile type effect or a minor elemental effect, you're not sure
(121) Sushil: "Well.. that's going to hurt." :backs away: "I assume you will reimburse me, should I lose my minion in this endeavor though."
(119) Ruth: "What is it?"
(131) Amreth: "Talk to her about that." he says, waving to Ruth.
(121) Sushil: "Reimbursment..? Repayment for my loss of course."
** (119) Ruth waits patiently. **
** (121) Sushil has moved away now, so Amreth can return to work. **
** (131) Amreth lies back down and gets to work again on disarming the trapped lock, being very wary of the blade. **
** (119) Ruth waits patiently a bit longer. **
** (119) Ruth waits a bit impatiently now. **
** (121) Sushil turns to grinkle while they work, "Give me a hand with something, will you?" **
** (121) Sushil heads back toward the kitchen, minion in tow, and expecting Grinkle. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20)
** (119) Ruth sighs when Sushil leaves. "I know he knows that was not what I asked about" **
(131) Amreth: "Well, at least I am earning my pay - again." Amreth sits up and works on unlocking the door, now that he disable one trap.
(121) Sushil: :In the kitchen, Sushil instructs Grinkle to help the minion lift the overturned table and carry it out to the stable.:
(101) Grinkle: "It be hevy."
** Grinkle shuffles forward reluctantly. **
(121) Sushil: :replies smartly: "That's why I needed your help."
(121) Sushil: "Set it up infront of the door."
** Grinkle mutters, "Ooo. Hevy hevy hevy," as he lifts the table with effort. By the looks of things, he's not exercised much in a while. **
(121) Sushil: :cheers on the hob idly: "That's it. Good work, chef Grinle."
(121) Sushil: (Grinkle rather)
(101) DM: The hobgoblin shuffles about, righting the table in front of the door. "Lik dis?" he asks.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
(121) Sushil: "That'll be fine. He just needs enough room to reach round and open the door. Thank you."
(121) Sushil: "Amreth, is the door unlocked yet?"
** Grinkle nods, then retreats a bit, taking out a parsnip from a pouch and chews on it. **
** (131) Amreth steps away from the door, putting his picks away. "It's unlocked now." Amreth then moves across from the closed door, hopefully out of range. **
** (121) Sushil sets his minion and the table into position. Then he backs away with the others and orders from across the room, "Keep your body covered behind the table and reach around to grab the knob and open the door." **
** (131) Fildin moves with Amreth, chatting a little with him quietly enough to not bother anyone else. **
** (149) Vadania moves well back as well **
(101) DM: It does so, and as the door opens inwardly, there is a loud explosion as a bolt of lightning issues forth from the lock and smashes into the minion, sending it flying backwards against the rear wall of the stable, whereupon it drops to the ground, a smoking ruin.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [3d6] -> [6,2,3] = (11)
(121) Sushil: (aaww... no reflex save?)
(131) Fildin: "Ouch."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [2] = (2)
(121) Sushil: :turns to Ruth: "He was expensive... so you know."
(101) DM: (I rolled the save.)
** (131) Amreth moves to the opened door, and peers around the door jam to peer into the room before opening the door further. **
** (131) Amreth enters the room after a moment. **
(192) Donovan (enter): 22:18
(131) Fildin: "I guess that means it's clear now?"
** (131) Fildin peeks into the room after Amreth, and then follows him, muttering "Much nicer." **
** (121) Sushil hoists his backpack, now that his personal porter is no longer around to carry it. He grumbles at the weight and seems to pay his minion's demise no mind." **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (192) Donovan...
** (149) Vadania follows after Fildin **
(192) Ruth: "So it was a lightning bolt."
(121) Sushil: :nods to Ruth: "Apparently." :heads to see what is in the room he lost his minion for:
(101) DM: The interior of this medium-sized windowless chamber is, unlike the rest of the Keep, quite spotless. It's a sleeping area. Against one corner of the room is a pallet, next to it is a closed wooden chest. A footstool rests against one wall. In the far corner of the room is a low table upon which can be seen a wooden bowl filled with water and a small pile of silvery dust next to it, along with a bronze wand.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
** (131) Fildin near the low table, looking over the water and wand. **
** (131) Amreth is checking out the chest. **
(192) Ruth: "This looks like Verek's chambers."
(131) Fildin: "Yeah. And it appears he has been watching something. I wonder what."
(194) Harper (enter): 22:26
(196) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 22:26
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (196) Dj Gilcrease...
(101) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(149) Dj Gilcrease' from room...
(149) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 22:26
** (131) Amreth pulls out some tool and begins working on unlocking the chest. **
** (121) Sushil looks over the dust, water and wand, wondering the connection. (arcana/spellcraft check) **
(101) DM: The water in the bowl ripples as Fildin finishes speaking. A hazy image forms within.
(121) Sushil: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20)
(121) Sushil: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [3,8] = (11)
(101) Voice: "Report."
whispering to Lunauc, scrying device
(121) Sushil: "Hmmm..?" :glimpses into the water, trying to place the voice.:
whispering to Lunauc, both the wand and the silver dust are used in conjuction with the bowl of water to scry on either a person, an object or a location.
** (131) Amreth looks at the bowl for a second, but then tries to sound commanding. "The keep, and the seal, are ours." **
(131) Amreth: (( oops - Fildin does that. ))
** (131) Fildin looks at the bowl for a second, but then tries to sound commanding. "The keep, and the seal, are ours." **
(101) Voice: "You summoned me. Have you something to report? Has the Numsroth heir been slain yet?"
** (192) Ruth carefully makes sure to stand far away from Fildin. **
(121) Sushil: :nods to Fildin:
(101) Voice: "Ah, very very good. Our plans proceed apace."
(131) Fildin: "She is no longer a concern." Fildin glances at Ruth, appologetically.
(121) Sushil: (the voice sound familiar?)
(101) Voice: "Most excellent indeed. You have done well, my fine young apprentice. Receive now your next set of instructions."
(101) DM: (nope)
(101) DM: (a dry, husky, male voice -- perhaps in his late forties or fifties, you're unsure)
(113) M. (exit): 22:33
(101) Voice: "Bring your willing servant, that fool of a fighter to the Halls. The god commands it. He will make a perfect tool for our purposes."
(131) Fildin: "Of course."
(101) Voice: "The seal must be delivered to its proper owners where it will be kept safe for the rising that shall come."
(101) DM: The voice chuckles with glee.
(101) Voice: "Oh yes, by the might of Lord Bane, for the rising that is to come..."
** (131) Fildin chuckles with the voice, but less than the other does, so as to not show-up his laugh. **
(131) Fildin: "For the rising." he agrees.
(101) Voice: "In the name of the Black Lord."
(101) DM: The voice and the image fades away.
** (131) Fildin steps away from the dish as soon as the picture fades out. "Woah." **
(121) Sushil: :finally speaks up, once the image is gone: "You know... I'd hate to admit it, nut... he seemed like a rather affable fellow."
(192) Ruth: "You did really well, considering the suddeness."
(121) Sushil: "Good spirited, supportive and encouraging of his underling... a bit twisted and malicious, but what employer is not to some degere?"
(121) Sushil: :To Amreth: "That chest open?"
(131) Fildin: "Maybe Sushil, if you overlook the small fact that he apparently wants to rise something that has to deal with Bane. That's not anywhere close to good in my view."
(192) Ruth: "Now that you mention it, he did seem to be a rather unusual evil overlord."
(121) Sushil: :To Fildin: "Minor details. Everyone you know has some odd interest I assure you."
** (131) Fildin shudders, "Maybe, but some interests are far worse than others." **
(121) Sushil: :thinks it over a second before responding: "Oh, yes... that is true. I once met a man who was romantically involved with his goat." :cringes to shake the memory before moving to check the chest for Verek's loot:
(131) Fildin: "At least we got a little more information - even if we don't know who that tall-folk is exactly."
(121) Sushil: "I'm sure we'll find out when we go to the halls."
** (131) Amreth opens the chest lid, and looks through the items. **
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(119) Donovan' from server... Removing dead client
(119) Donovan (exit): 22:47
(131) Amreth: "Mages" he mutters as he draws out a pair of robes, traveling sandels, spell components, travelling spellbook, writing implements, parchment, a map, a diary, and finally a pouch of coins. He tosses the pouch a couple times, trying to get a feel for the amount of coin inside.
(192) Ruth: "Of course, we know what Verek is supposed to do next and he does not now."
(101) DM: Within are some clothes, a few pouches containing what appear to be spell components, a leather-bound book with metallic plates tinged with a greenish substance, a small diary (also leatherbound), writing implements and parchment, and a small handpouch filled with coins.
(101) DM: (strike my comment)
** (121) Sushil picks up the diary, giving it a brief read though of the latest installments. **
(101) DM: (stopping in 45 minutes because of our two lurkers, Ned and LtFiend so we can talk to them.)
(194) Harper (exit): 22:49
(131) Fildin: "Exactly. I just wonder why he didn't realize that I didn't look like Verek. Unless I do..."
(121) Sushil: :to Fildin: "There's a good chance the visual effect of the scrying did no twork two ways."
(192) Ruth: "I cannot say. Could be any number of reasons."
(131) Fildin: "Hmm, that would make more sense." Fildin moves to overlook the items Amreth removed, and noticing the map, he picks it up and studies it.
** (192) Ruth examines Verek's spare robes. **
(121) Sushil: :as he reads through the diary: "I think I've found the man's name at least. Or an alias. He is a high ranked Zhent Mage, named Whisper."
(131) Fildin: "That's something else. Verek works for Whisper, and they are both ties to Bane. This just gets better and better."
(83) Parliament (enter): 22:54
** (131) Fildin shows Ruth the map. It is a map of Eveningstar, with the location of Stonewatch prominently displayed. **
** (121) Sushil gives a slight snicker as he reads through the pages. **
(83) Parliament (exit): 22:55
(131) Fildin: "Looks like how they tracked down your Uncle."
** (121) Sushil closes the diary offering, "Well... it does not seem Whisper has met Verek more than once, which means he probably know little of him, and I doubt he's met Jhanaeril at all. This could work to our advantage." **
(192) Ruth: "Whisper might be an alias. It is a good nickname considering the contact method."
** (192) Ruth holds up one of Verek's robes. "It definitely gives me some ideas." **
(131) Amreth: "So, since Whisper thinks things are going so well, we could launch a trap for him. Maybe."
** (121) Sushil puts the diary aside and picks up the other book, opening it up to scan though its contents. **
(121) Sushil: "I would not advise that. He seems to be a rather powerful mage. And short on patience. It may be better that we use that against him and Verek."
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(196) Dj Gilcrease' from server... Removing dead client
(196) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 23:02
(131) Amreth: "How so?"
(131) Fildin: (( whoops - Fildin, not Amreth... These dual personalities are getting the best of me. :P ))
(192) Ruth: "If that is one of his spellbooks, it may make up the cost you paid to get the door open."
(121) Sushil: :while scanning pages: "His diary mentions a time once when Verek entered the halls unannounced, the one time he met Whisper in person. He was harshly warned to never come unsummoned again. I wonder what the response would be if Verk failed to show when he was summoned."
(121) Sushil: :to Ruth: "This would be but pilfered belongings. That servant cost me actual money."
(131) Fildin: "And even if he does get a word in - the fact that he does no have the seal, his fighter, or the death of the heir - would likely make Whisper even more upset..."
(203) DM Luzic (enter): 23:05
(121) Sushil: :nods to Fildin: "Quite true."
(204) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 23:06
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (204) Dj Gilcrease...
(203) DM Luzic (exit): 23:06
(192) Ruth: "That is not just belongings. It is merchandise. Money waiting in potentia for just the right person to see it."
(204) Vadania: (( sorry my main comp crashed hard ))
(131) Fildin: "Most interesting. I admit, facing Whisper might well be beyond us."
(121) Sushil: (is it a spellbook, btw?)
(121) Sushil: :peers up to Ruth: "You're being rather stingy, yes?"
(131) Fildin: (( brb ))
(101) DM: ((yes))
(192) Ruth: "Quite the opposite."
(101) DM: ((leatherbound, with metallic plates coated with a greenish substance))
(101) DM: ((I mean the edges are tinged with a greenish substance))
** (121) Sushil gives the woman a slightly amused chortle, "I suppose you have a point in that. Though I still expect some aid in acquiring a new servant." **
(192) Ruth: "You will have to tell me where you got that servant, but I believe that book is worth more than you paid for your last one."
(204) Vadania: "Dont you have one waiting at the Keep, Fildin said you left one there."
(121) Sushil: :shakes his head to Vadania: "No no. That thing back at the keep is just a puppet. This one was special. He'll be harder to replace."
** (121) Sushil tucks the spellbook in his pack with the diary. "I think I have a replacement in mind though." **
(121) Sushil: "Well.. shall we be on our way?"
(131) Fildin: "Then everyone is happy. So, shall we return to let Lady Winter know what we found out?"
** (204) Vadania shrugs **
(204) Vadania: "Do you want me to leave any nasty surprises here in the water or food? I have a few Herbs that are quite nasty when consumed."
(121) Sushil: "We should probably check what is down that hall leading into the mountainside before we leave."
** (192) Ruth folds up the better of Verek's robes and stows it into her backpack. "It may be useful if we need to get into the Halls." **
** (131) Fildin grabs up the spare parchment from the chest, and puts whatever is not taken back into the chest. He then gets and idea and goes and picks up the wand from near the scrying area. **
(101) DM: ((you already did. that was 10, the pantry.))
(121) Sushil: (no I meant the door north from 2)
(131) Fildin: (( wasn't that one closed tight, or blocked? ))
(121) Sushil: (oh, was it?)
** (121) Sushil kneels down, removing something from his pack and wrapping it in oneof Verek's robes before stowing it in back in the chest. Turning to Amreth, he asks, "Can you relock that?" **
** (131) Amreth relocks the chest. **
(101) DM: ((closed tight, yes))
(101) DM: ((we'll stop here)
(121) Sushil: "Right then, let's get going.. oh.. and I need help carrying something."
(131) Zane: Are we going to start right here?
(131) Zane: Or ff next time?


Back to Forgotten Realms Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms