Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
20 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
18 Guests
Registered Users: Ajormoub, cheap car insurance


Back to Forgotten Realms Logs


Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(1119) DM: ((anyone need a recap?))
(1095) Vadania: (( please ))
(1083) Donovan: ((It'd do some people some good, I'm sure))
(1102) Oskar90 (enter): 20:24
(1119) DM: ((you visited Lady Winter, she asked you to investigate, you spoke to Jhanaeril at the temple of Lathander and now resolved to go after Hile. and there's the matter of Verek, whether you want to go drop off a message for him at Old Meg's hut or wait for him at Mynamere's, or if you want to look for him at either the Killing Keep or at the Haunted Halls. Choices, choices.))
(1105) Fildin: (( sounds like consenus is on dropping a message for Verek to keep him off guard, but word it to buy time before he looks to meet again. Then head out to get Hile. After that - we'll see. ))
(1119) DM: ((ok, so let me know what to do. also, I need to see a copy of the message. type it up in a node -- decide amongst yourselves the wording -- and send the node to me.))
(1106) Lunauc: /gw g= By now Verek probably knows of Jhanaeril's captivity, and if there is some trick to the note drop that we don't know of, he could percieve an ambush from the get go.
(1106) Lunauc: (stupid space bar.. grumble grumble)
(1166) Jess (enter): 20:37
(1119) DM: ((and where will you be dropping the note? at Mynamere's or at the hut?))
(1166) Jess (exit): 20:41
(1105) Fildin: (( at the hut - the normal note drop location. ))
(1119) DM: ((ok.))
(1119) DM: Old Meg's hut is, according to several locals, an abandoned farm located at the outskirts of the northern edge of Eveningstar. Avoided by the fearful as an "evil place", it burned down a dozen years ago. Little remains but ashes, fallen timbers and a ruined barn. It's overgrown with weeds and seems ill-kept.
(1119) DM: ((fyi, it's slightly past highsun.))
** (1105) Fildin works with the others, trying to determine what exactly the note should say as the group makes their way to Old Meg's hut. **
(1095) Vadania: "I'll be in the woods with Grinkle"
** (1088) Marcus is siltent as the others discuss the contents of the note. He opens his mouth as if to say something, thinks better of it, and closes it once more, staying silent. **
** (1095) Vadania wanders into the woods and starts collecting some herbs **
(1102) Oskar90 (exit): 20:47
** (1105) Fildin pulls out a small piece of parchment and writes out the note in plain written letters, trying to make it look as common as possible. He reads along as he writes it out, "Hobgoblins gone, Keep clear. Some law trouble, hiding out. Meet in one week." He looks over the note, admiring the handiwork. "This should do it then, simple - and the week gives us time to either get back with Hile and meet Verek ourselves, or go visit his lair, or we can just annoy him by doing nothing, many options." **
(1105) Fildin: "Now, should we just take it over to the stump?"
(1083) Ruth: "I had an idea, actually, that it should be delivered by a child he has bullied into the service while he has to stay out of town."
(1105) Fildin: "Oh, that would be good - just in case someone is watching. But where do we find a child, and who has to bully him?"
** (1083) Ruth looks at Fildin with a curious look in her eye. **
(1088) Marcus: 'I'm not a child." Marcus stands up straighter, puffing his chest out.
(1083) Ruth: "It should not be hard to find one nearby."
(1106) Sushil: :whispers aside to Marcus: "I think you can sit now."
** (1105) Fildin looks around at Ruth's comment before looking back to her. "Huh?" he asks, just a slight moment before he realizes what she means. He blushes some and lowers his gaze a little. "Oh, yeah." **
** (1105) Fildin takes a breath and looks back up. "Sure, I can do it. After all - many people tend to think I am just a child already it seems." **
(1083) Ruth: "Just in case someone is watching, he should not know what to expect."
(1105) Fildin: "Easy enough - I don't know what to expect." Fildin smiles at Ruth.
(1083) Ruth: "I can help with the setup, but most of the execution will be up to you."

** (1083) Ruth helps Fildin get better disguised and finally gives him a nod to go for it. **
whispering to Keht, hi
(1182) Yaz'Modane (enter): 21:08
** (1105) Fildin looks at the others and then concentrates for a moment, trying to recall moments in his life when he was scared, trying to capture the emotion. After a couple moments, he finally starts moving to the hut, slowly. He keeps watching the area around him, but he keeps his movements jerky and his eyes wide. He jumps at each noise that he hears - he then stops short right when he reaches the edge of the 'evil area'. He makes the motion of a generic holy symbol before he enters, but then he pratically runs through the area, trying to stay in it as little as possible. He approaches the stump where he is to leave the message and seems to be unable to get the note out of his hand and into the stump fast enough. he then turns, without really looks around, and quickly runs back out of the area, not even stopping his run once he is out - just as though he was in a hurry to get back to town and forget the entire thing. **
(1182) Yaz'Modane (exit): 21:11
(1188) Not a peep from me! (enter): 21:13
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1188) Amreth...
(1179) DM: ((someone bring Seaghn up to speed pls))
** (1105) Fildin makes sure to keep running down the road, past where the others are waiting off to the side. A while later he runs into the woods, and from there makes his way back to the party, still panting from the running. **
** (1083) Ruth waits for Fildin to get back and quietly applauds his superb performance. **
(1105) Fildin: "Done." Fildin mentions in between his deep breaths, as he tries to get his heartbeat back down to normal.
(1083) Ruth: "Now we need to hurry back to Stonewatch. After you catch your breath."
** (1105) Fildin waves his hand forward, indicating that they can continue. "Yes, *huff* let's go." **
** (1095) Vadania hops up at the mention of Stonewatch. **
(1088) Marcus: Marcus appears a bit bored. "Never thought adventuring would be so boring. All we've done is walk around and *talk* about doing stuff. When do we get to battle the evil wizards?"
(1188) Amreth: "Hopefully never."
(1083) Ruth: "It is a wide world. There is always going to be a lot of walking or riding or sailing or what have you."
** (1088) Marcus pulls out his short sword and waves it around, but stops when he hears Amreth. **
(1088) Marcus: With a sullen look on his face, "Never? That doesn't sound to fun to me. Let me at 'em" And he begins to wave the sword again.
** (1105) Fildin gathers his backpack again and prepares to leave, his breathing still slightly labored, but definately easier than when he first returned. **
(1179) DM: A hobgoblin wearing ratty leather armor peeks out from behind Amreth, mumbling. "Ooo."
** (1188) Amreth gives Marcus a sidelong glance, and rolls his eyes, "Have at it. The more eager you are to meet out death and destruction, the sooner you'll suffer the same fate." **
(1095) Vadania: "How are you Grinkle?"
** (1088) Marcus sheathes his sword, and mutters under his breath. **
(1088) Marcus: "I just want to have some fun..."
(1179) Grinkle: "Me gud." (fidgets slightly)
(1188) Amreth: "But hungry, no doubt."
(1105) Fildin: (( so, are we going then, or still standing around? ))
(1179) Grinkle: "Foodin' bedder den killin'."
(1095) Vadania: "I agree"
** Grinkle tags along with the party. **
** (1188) Amreth casts Marcus a glance, "You could learn a thing or two from this one," he says, refering to the hobgoblin. **
** Grinkle looks over his shoulder. "Yub neer de bad place." **
(1088) Marcus: "((I think we're walking to Stonewatch.))
(1105) Fildin: (( just making sure. ))
** Grinkle seems relieved that you're headed away from the hut. **
** (1095) Vadania laughs "We are heading to the place that had the dead thing that isnt dead though. I think that is worse then some abandon Hut" **
(1105) Fildin: "Yes, bad place gone. Now we go back to bad thing,"
(1179) Grinkle: "Um, me nub shure. Bad mojo dere." (shudders)
** (1106) Sushil follows along lazily, his minion beside him. **
(1179) Grinkle: "Blak hand man neer here. Me herd wuns frum Julla."
(1106) Sushil: 'Near here , you say? Do you know where exactly?"
(1105) Fildin: "That's why we were there Grinkle. Did you ever see the Black Hand man?"
(1179) Grinkle: "Hum. Me tink sum."
(1179) Grinkle: "Blak hand man cum to de keep wuns before war humie. Neber seen him after dat."
(1106) Sushil: "I see... But Julla knew his whereabouts?
(1179) Grinkle: "Julla sed wuns dat blak hand man at small tow...tow...keep."
(1083) Ruth: "We cannot ask Julla, though. Not anymore."
(1179) Grinkle: "I tink so. Had mojo mirror. Gib to Shar-kee."
(1106) Sushil: :Shrugs to Ruth: "I was just curious how ingrained he was with the hobs. It may be possible to tap another hob band for information."
(1106) Sushil: (brb)
(1083) Ruth: "We may pay Shar-kee a visit sometime, after we exhaust these leads."
(1088) Marcus: "Who's Sharky?"
(1188) Amreth: "Well.. He's the one, a hobgoblin, whom I allowed become big chief after I killed Julla."
(1088) Marcus: "Oh."
(1083) Ruth: "That is an unglorious way to explain it. You did not spare much."
(1188) Amreth: "..In exchange for him and his kin vacating the keep."
(1188) Amreth: "That's to say Ruth's newly inherited home."
(1083) Ruth: "For all I care, we could never be bothered by the Lost-a-finger tribe again."
** Grinkle whistles an off-key tune as you walk along. **
(1179) DM: ((could FF if you want))
(1105) Fildin: (( sounds good to me. ))
(1106) Sushil: (agreed)
(1083) Ruth: ((Whoosh, away we go.))
(1179) DM: ((back at Stonewatch, about 3 days later or so.))
(1179) DM: It's as it was when you left, home sweet home.
** (1095) Vadania calls to Hile to let him know he does not need to gaurd the graveyard anymore **
** (1105) Fildin looks for any sign of Hile, the dead thing, or the skeleton. **
** (1188) Amreth seperates himself from the company of the others as they near the keep, and heads off by himself to hunt down that scrawny pony he'd left. **
(1179) DM: ((at the graveyard. she hasn't left her post it seems.))
** (1083) Ruth heads to the graveyard first as Vadania calls Hile. **
** (1105) Fildin follows Ruth. **
(1106) Sushil: "Hmmm.. while we're in the area, I'd like to head back to the keep and see if my servant has been disturbed."
** Hile comes bounding to Vadania's call, purring contentedly. **
** (1095) Hile runs up to Vadania and licks her face **
** (1088) Marcus follows Ruth and Fildin. **
** (1095) Vadania hugs Hile and hops up on his back "So we going to leave the thing in there alone for now, and head back to meet the black hand wizard dude?" **
(1105) Fildin: "Of course Sushil." he then turns to Marcus, "Well that is the next question, isn't it?"
(1106) Sushil: :shrugs: "Well... if the seal isn't hidden in that mausoleum then that thing in there most likely isn't protecting anything useful. Though I may be wrong. I leave the decision of slaying it to the rest of you."
(1105) Fildin: (( brb ))
(1088) Marcus: "I vote to kill it!" Marcus bursts out as soon as Sushil is done speaking.
(1083) Ruth: "I would rather not leave it poorly locked in as it is for longer. We are here; I would prefer this worry dealt with."
(1210) Adonde (enter): 22:05
(1106) Sushil: "As you wish, though it might serve as a distraction to the next fools who come snooping about the keep."
** (1095) Vadania nods "Ok" **
(1095) Vadania: (( before we get in a fight I am gona go smoke ))
(1083) Ruth: "We still are not sure what is even inside. Only that it is bad."
(1088) Marcus: "Bad...according to the hobs, though, so do we know for sure that it really is bad?"
(1088) Marcus: Under his breath, "I sure hope it is..."
(1106) Sushil: :to Marcus: "A second ago you were gungho to kill it without caring what it was. Now you think about it?"
(1105) Fildin: (( back ))
(1083) Ruth: "Bring along your servant from the front. Whatever it is gave the Hobs trouble."
(1088) Marcus: "Well, it isn't very heroic to destroy something that doesn't need it."
(1211) Seannachie (enter): 22:10
(1211) Seannachie (exit): 22:10
(1106) Sushil: :leans forward in his saddle to address the boy: "Define evil. This creature, whatever it is, has been locked in that little room for gods only know how long not harming anyone. What does that mean?"
(1105) Fildin: "The only way to find out for sure is to pay it a visit." Fildin pulls out his longhorn. "SO, shall we?"
(1088) Marcus: "I think that we all know what evil is, we're born knowing the difference between wrong and right, evil is when you actively choose to cross the line."
** (1088) Marcus unhooks a spiked chain from his belt and begins to swing it in double circles in front of himself. **
(1106) Sushil: :sighs: "I'd love to see this line everyone keeps mentioning." :turns to Fildin: "If we're going in, I suggest letting my servant take the front. If it is an undead with a sapping touch or a paralyzing stench, he will be unaffected."
(1105) Fildin: "Fell free, I never planned on going in first. As good as I am - I doubt many creatures actually would fear me wielding a longhorn."
** (1106) Sushil gives the hin a slight chuckle, before directing the minion, "Get your sword out and move to the front of the line. Make sure you are in plain sight when the doors open." **
(1083) Ruth: "How about some extra protection for your servant?
(1106) Sushil: :shrugs to Ruth: "If you like."
(1095) Vadania: (( back ))
(1179) DM: The door is locked with a giant rusted iron padlock. Scrawled on a wooden sign and tacked onto the door is a sign that reads, "KEEP OWT! THIZ MEENZ YUB, STOOPID!!!!"
** (1083) Ruth incants a short spell and the same armor Fildin might've seen back in the hag's cave surrounds now Sushil's servant. (Mage armor) **
(1088) Marcus: "I'm know authority of what is evil or not, but I *know* it when I see it, if you don't, then, I believe, it's because you've trained yourself to ignore it. That may be a talk for another time though." Marcus moves up, close behind Sushil's 'servant'. "Should I go in with him?"
(1088) Marcus: ((know=no...)
** (1106) Sushil orders the servant to allow the spell to be cast and watches as the creature does not stir at all from it. Meanwhile, the wizard climbs down from his horse and prepards, moderately for combat. **
(1106) Sushil: :to Marcus: "I suggest you stay back at first. If this creature does have some attack which you do not understand, it is best he take the brunt while you attack from the flanks or rear"
(1179) DM: Something slams into the door from the other side, causing it to shake slightly. It remains closed however.
** (1095) Vadania hops of Hile and draws her sword ording Hile to stand to the side ready for action **
(1106) Sushil: :while staying a good distance back himself, instructing, "Leave my servant the only on in sight of the door, save myself in the distance, He will guard me from the creature's approach if he is not attacked himself. You all should take position at either side of the structure and wait to jump him from behind. If you can rely on missile fire, it might be easier on you."
** (1105) Fildin looks at the door and takes a step back, raising his longhorn, figuring there is no need for silence in this battle. **
** (1083) Ruth readies and loads her crossbow, taking a position to one side. **
(1083) Ruth: "I think it may have noticed our presence."
** (1106) Sushil holds position some fourty feet beyond his servant, who stands ready at the door **
** (1105) Fildin moves off to the side, behind something to hide from sight, and he begins to play a deep, penetrating song - one that fills his comrades with confidence and the feeling that they will prevail. **
(1179) DM: ((load your minis pls))
(1105) Fildin: (( Bard song - +1 vs charm and fear, +1 to attack and damage ))
(1179) DM: (each square is 5')
** (1083) Abarma watches the battle about to unfold flying safely out of reach. **
(1210) Adonde (exit): 22:31
(1219) Donovan (enter): 22:33
(1219) Donovan (exit): 22:34
(1105) Fildin: (( not the best mini - but it will work for tonight. ))
(1222) Marcus (enter): 22:36
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1222) Marcus...
(1095) Dj Gilcrease has sent you a tree node...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1222) Marcus...
(1179) DM: ((ok, so what now?))
(1106) Sushil: "So... who's opening the foor?"
** (1095) Vadania stands back and shakes her head "Not me" **
** (1222) Marcus grumbles a bit, "Me neither, I thought your servant was going to do that?" Looks at Sushil. **
(1106) Sushil: :sighs: "I thought we had a key. Oh well..."
** (1106) Sushil calls to his servant, "Use the butt of your sword to break the locked." Obediently the creature obeys, moving to hammer at the rusty old piece of metal. **
(1088) Marcus (exit): 22:55
(1106) Sushil: Full attack: Long Sword: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4) , [1d8+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
(1188) Amreth: ((It just shattered it's wrist))
(1179) DM: Its stroke misses its target by a mile.
** (1106) Sushil mumbles something about clumsy bag a' bones, and orders, "Continue." **
(1106) Sushil: Full attack: Long Sword: [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7) , [1d8+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(1106) Sushil: :shakes his head: "This might take a while."
(1106) Sushil: Full attack: Long Sword: [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9) , [1d8+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
(1106) Sushil: Attack: Long Sword: [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6) , [1d8+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
(1222) Marcus: "This is going to take forever, that's why I said I should take the lead."
(1179) DM: It doesn't seem to be particularly coordinated...
** (1105) Fildin continues to play has deeply inspiring song that boosts everyone's courage. **
(1106) Sushil: :hangs his head:"Would someone with half a wit please open the damn door?"
(1106) Sushil: Attack: Long Sword: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5) , [1d8+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
(1106) Sushil: Attack: Long Sword: [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16) , [1d8+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
(1233) AE (enter): 23:01
(1222) Marcus: Sword, short Attack Roll: [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d6+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
(1222) Marcus: Sword, short Attack Roll: [1d20+7] -> [5,7] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
(1233) AE (exit): 23:01
(1233) AE (enter): 23:01
(1233) AE (exit): 23:02
(1222) Marcus: ((Sorry, didn't mean to do that.))
(1233) AE (enter): 23:03
(1233) AE (exit): 23:03
(1106) Sushil: :not ordered to stop, the minion hammers away.
(1106) Sushil: Attack: Long Sword: [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13) , [1d8+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
(1106) Sushil: Attack: Long Sword: [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9) , [1d8+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(1106) Sushil: Attack: Long Sword: [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9) , [1d8+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
(1106) Sushil: Attack: Long Sword: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8) , [1d8+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
(1106) Sushil: Attack: Long Sword: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5) , [1d8+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
(1234) Joe (enter): 23:04
(1179) DM: It actually managed to hit the lock once, causing the door to tremble a bit.
(1095) Vadania: "Hile see if you can help"
(1106) Sushil: Attack: Long Sword: [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13) , [1d8+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
(1106) Sushil: Attack: Long Sword: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18) , [1d8+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
** (1095) Vadania bats at the door with both his paws **
(1106) Sushil: Attack: Long Sword: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21) , [1d8+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
(1095) Vadania: (( Claw1 [1d20] -> [4] = (4) ==> DMG: [1d4] -> [3] = (3) ))
(1095) Vadania: (( Claw2 [1d20] -> [2] = (2) ==> DMG: [1d4] -> [1] = (1) ))
** (1095) Hile backs off having just gotten in the way **
** (1222) Marcus steps forward, "Back up for a second, let's see if I can bust it open." **
(1106) Sushil: "Gladly." :Orders his minion to step back:
** (1222) Marcus puts his chain down on the ground and draws his short sword driving the butt of the sword at the lock. **
(1222) Marcus: Sword, short Attack Roll: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d6+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
(1179) DM: The lock bursts open.
** (1106) Sushil smacks himself in the head **
(1179) DM: (meant to type that before Marcus got up there)
(1222) Marcus: ((Should I move away?))
(1179) DM: Something scratches at the door on the other side and then...silence.
(1105) Fildin: (( that's your call Marcus. ))
(1106) Sushil: (unless you want to take the paralyzing touch or stench or whatnot)
** (1222) Marcus picks sheathes the sword, and picks his spiked chain back up, "Something in there is moving around." Then he steps back to allow the servant to lead the way. **
(1106) Sushil: "Yes... lets see how it likes visitors." :calls to his servant: "Open the door."
(1106) Sushil: :the minion moves to obey:
(1179) DM: The door opens a crack, and out rolls a nauseating stench that reminds you of something from beyond the grave. Its only a whiff at this distance but it sickens those of you nearest the door. (Marcus, Fort)
(1222) Marcus: Fortitude save: [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)
(1179) DM: Within, darkness.
(1106) Sushil: :calls to minion: :Open the door fully."
** (1222) Marcus catches a strong whiff, gags, bending over and choking a bit, and takign a half step backwards, "By Torm, that's the most awful thing I've ever smelled!" **
(1179) DM: As the door opens, it reveals the interior of the mausoleum. The floor is laden with bones and the half-eaten decaying corpses of three hobgoblins. Rough flakes of a silvery substance are on the floor. A sarcophagus, its top ajar can be clearly seen from afar.
(1234) Joe (exit): 23:16
(1083) Ruth: "Whatever is inside has been locked in for a long time."
(1106) Sushil: :to Ruth: "Yes, it seems. And how kind it was of the hobs to come in and bring it a snack."
(1106) Sushil: :to Minion: "Enter, and attack anything which attacks you."
** (1095) Vadania shifts her grip on her sword and waits for something to exit **
(1222) Marcus: A bit uncertain, "Sh...should I go with him?"
(1106) Sushil: :shrugs: "If you don't mind the smell."
(1179) DM: The interior appears to be empty...
(1222) Marcus: "Uh, I can take it, but let's wait and see what your servant sees."
(1179) DM: It enters the mausoleum, clearly visible to you from outside.
(1134) Keht (exit): 23:21
(1222) Marcus: "Doesn't seem to be anything in there, maybe it escaped and put that old lock back?"
(1083) Ruth: "It was inside a moment ago. You just said so."
(1106) Sushil: "It's possible. Or it might just have another exit ready."
** (1222) Marcus looking at Ruth, confused. "I didn't say there was anything in there. Just a smell." **
(1106) Sushil: "Marcus, how about you step in and see if it's been doing some digging?"
(1179) DM: Suddenly, a creature with grime-encrusted reddish eyes, rotting grayish-green skin and greasy hair riddled with worms and maggots drops to the ground from BEHIND the minion and lunges out of the mausoleum at top speed. (Init)
(1105) Fildin: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
(1222) Marcus: "Eeeek!"
(1106) Sushil: Sushil init: [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
(1106) Sushil: Mininon Init: [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20)
(1095) Vadania: INIT: [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(1095) Vadania: Hile Init: [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
(1222) Marcus: [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
(1222) Marcus: ((That was meant to be init))
(1179) DM: (Amreth and Ruth?)
(1083) Ruth: Initiative: [1d20+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
(1105) Fildin: (( yay - someone after Fildin! :P ))
(1179) DM: ((in other words, the minion entered the mausoleum and the creature was clinging to the wall above the door. when the minion stepped past the door, it dropped to the ground and exited.))
(1179) DM: ((the sound you heard slamming against the door and the scratches was it climbing up and positioning itself on the wall, lying in wait.))
(1179) DM: ((so I'll wait for Am to roll.))
(1179) DM: (Sush Min, 20)
(1106) Sushil: (think Am's still tending the pony)
(1106) Sushil: :Quick to react, the servant spins back out the door and takes a swing at the creature's retreating back:
(1106) Sushil: Attack: Long Sword: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8) , [1d8+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(1179) DM: (miss)
** (1106) Sushil raises his crossbow in response and lets one fly **
(1106) Sushil: Crossbow, light Attack Roll: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [6,0] = (6)
(1106) Sushil: : and proceeds to reload (done)
(1179) DM: (miss)
(1179) DM: (Marc, 12)
(1240) Mkire (enter): 23:30
(1240) Mkire (exit): 23:30
(1222) Marcus: A bit startled, Marcus recovers quickly and throws one end of his chain out to try and trip the beast which is attacking him.
(1222) Marcus: Chain, spiked Attack Roll: [1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17) ===> Damage: [2d4+1] -> [1,1,1] = (3)
(1179) DM: (hit)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
(1106) Sushil: (brb)
(1179) DM: ((Someone check please if its a Reflex save vs. his attack roll or Str or Dex and whisper it to me.))
(1188) Amreth: ((Str or dex, whichever is higher. Marcus needs a str check against it))
(1222) Marcus: Str check: [1d20+1] -> [12,1] = (13)
(1179) DM: It staggers slightly, your blow connecting with its legs but regains its balance at the last moment.
(1179) DM: (Hile, 12)
** (1095) Hile steps forward and bats at the creaturer with both his paws **
(1095) Hile: (( Claw1 [1d20] -> [2] = (2) ==> DMG: [1d4] -> [1] = (1) ))
(1095) Hile: (( Claw2 [1d20] -> [7] = (7) ==> DMG: [1d4] -> [4] = (4) ))
(1179) DM: (miss twice)
** (1095) Hile lunges out in an attempt to rip the fleash from from his foe **
(1095) Hile: (( ATK [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4) ==> DMG: [1d6] -> [5] = (5) ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12)
(1179) DM: The creature ignores Hile for a second, splits its face in an evil grin, showing discolored and blackened teeth, then lunges at Marcus leering and jaws wide. It seizes the boy's arm and chomps down, ripping a gash in his shield arm, chews and swallows smacking its lips loudly. (AC 25, 11 damage.)
(1179) DM: (Vad, 10)
** (1095) Hile rushes over to Marcus to make sure he is ok **
** (1095) Hile gently cleans the wound as best she can, leaving behind a red glow that begins to mend the wound **
(1095) Hile: (( Heal [1d8+2] -> [6,2] = (8) ))
(1222) Marcus: Fortitude save: [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
(1222) Marcus: Fortitude save: [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3)
(1179) DM: (Fil, 6)
** (1222) Marcus lays still on the ground, whimpering, tears rolling out of his eyes, through a clenched mouth, "Gods, no, it hurts so bad, someone make it stop, Talya...I...please, someone make it stop!" **
** (1105) Fildin steps out from his spot, moving with a step to where he can see the fight and he quickly changes his tune, sending the song to more of a soothing tune as the scent of strawberries grows from the longhorn and flies across the yard over to where the battle is taking place. The strong scent of the strawberries seems to act like an arrow, being hurled straight at the ghast. **
(1105) Fildin: Ranged touch attack: [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
(1095) Hile: (( dont forget the +1 to hid and dmg that Fildin is singing us, I did for Hile, {not that it woulda made a diff with his rolles} ))
(1179) DM: (hit, roll damage)
** (1105) The scent of strawberries slams into the ghast and fills the creature with positive energy, as a deep rich bright red light fills the creature. (([1d8+2] -> [4,2] = (6))) **
(1105) The scent: (( done btw. ))
(1179) DM: (Ruth, 4)
** (1083) Ruth holds her crossbow to the side to fling one hand forward at the conclusion of incanting "ZoEth" and a coppery sheen coats the ground under the creature. (Grease, DC 15) "This had better work." **
** (1083) Ruth calls up towards the trees, "Abarma, try to get Amreth to hurry back here." The raven croaks an affirmative and flies away towards the keep. **
(1083) Ruth: ((And done))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d2-+4] -> [1,-4] = (-3)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17)
(1179) DM: It struggles to remain upright and manages to do so.
** (1222) Marcus screams loudly, "Ah GODS, someone save me!!! Someone save me!!! Help me, I'm dying!!!" **
(1179) DM: (Sush Min, 20)
(1106) Sushil: :Then minion moves in behind the ghast and proceeds to slashing. (Does he get a flanking bonus from Marc? Or is he paralyzed?)
(1106) Sushil: Attack: Long Sword: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21) , [1d8+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
(1179) DM: (Marc is paralyzed.)
(1179) DM: The sword sinks easily into the creature's back, plunging through its chest and out to its side.
(1179) DM: (Sush, 19)
(1254) Mindless (enter): 00:03
** (1106) Sushil weaves his hands quickly, and mutters a quick incantation. Then thrusting forth his hands, a bolt of dark gray matter fires at the ghast's skull. Magic Missile: [1d4+1] -> [3,1] = (4) **
(1254) Mindless (exit): 00:04
(1179) DM: The ghast collapses to the ground, truly dead.
** (1095) Hile roars loudly **
(1106) Sushil: :casually calls out to the boy on the ground: "You're welcome."
(1222) Marcus: "Ah, someone, please, I can't take it, I'm done for." Marcus is still crying, tears streaming down from his eyes leaveing trails down his cheeks.
** (1095) Vadania checks Marcus over to see if there is anything she can do **
(1095) Vadania: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [9,6] = (15)
(1222) Marcus: ((leaving))
(1222) Marcus: ((leaveing=leaving I mean, not that I'm leaving))
** (1106) Sushil sidles along toward the boy, checking on his condition. "So... will he live?" **
** (1083) Ruth stows her crossbow as she walks forward uncertainly, asking. "Is he going to... be alright?" **
** (1222) Marcus is looking up at all the people surrounding him, crying, trying to hold back his tears, and whimpers, "Please, I can't move, please someone...I can't...." **
** (1105) Fildin lowers his longhorn smiling. He moves forward some with the others and looks at Ruth. "Did you see that? That was amazing! I had heard that it would hurt the undead, but I had never seen it before. It was... just amazing!" **
(1106) Sushil: :waves at the boy: "That's just paralysis. It will wear off in a moment."
(1106) Sushil: "If I were you, I'd worry more about being diseased."
(1222) Marcus: Begins to cry more, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I tried, I really did..." the rest is lost in sobs.
** (1106) Sushil speaks nonchalantly of such things as he goes about checking through the ghast's belongings for some form of identification, or pocket change. **
** (1095) Vadania poke marcus "I think you'll be fine in a while, just enjoy the forced bed rest" **
** (1083) Ruth looks from Sushil's unconcerned wave down to the boy crying on the ground. "It looks really bad. Worse than anything words could say..." **
** (1105) Fildin raises his longhorn and approaches Marcus, be begins playing a soft tune that relazes and calms the boy, as the scent of sandelwood comes out of the longhorn and seems to settle all over his rigid body. **
(1105) Fildin: (( *relaxes ))
** (1222) Marcus has calmed down a bit, his tears are drying up, and he is only slightly whimpering, "I just wanted to prove myself, but I couldn't, ya know, I'm so stupid for doing this." Looks up at Ruth, "Mistress Ruth, am I going to die?" **
(1095) Vadania: "I already told you you wont likly die."
(1083) Ruth: "Not today. And you did your best."
** (1222) Marcus closes his eyes, and his body seems to relax a bit more, "I tried, I'm sorry." **
** (1105) Fildin ends his calming song as the scent of sandelwood fades away. He then steps back to let the others talk to Marcus. Fildin then turns and heads to the entrance of the mausoleum, where he looks inside. **
** (1106) Sushil groans at Marcus' sobs and turns away to the mausoleum, directing his minion in first before he steps in to have a look around. **
** (1083) Ruth reaches down and tries to shift Marcus into a more comfortable position though his paralysis and her attempts at avoiding the blood make this seem a fruitless enterprise. **
(1222) Marcus: "Thanks Lady Ruth, I...I'm okay now."
(1083) Ruth: "You will be up and jumping around again in no time, I expect."
(1222) Marcus: "Ohhh, my arm hurts so bad though." Marcus lifts his uninjured arm and holds the injured one close. His eyes open in shock, then he sits up.
(1222) Marcus: "Hey, hey everyone, I can move again...ahhh..." Marcus passes out.
** (1105) Fildin checks out the mausoleum with Sushil and his servant. **
** (1095) Vadania pokes and prods Marcus again to see if he needs more healing or just a reaction to the first true pain he has felt **
(1095) Vadania: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25)
(1222) Marcus: "Awww...ohhh." Marcus opens his eyes, "What happened?"
(1106) Sushil: :calls from with in the crypt: "You fainted."
(1095) Vadania: "Fighting isnt as much fun as you thought it would be now is it?"
(1083) Ruth: "That thing seemed more malevolent than the hag, and just as repulsive."
** (1095) Vadania stands and goes to take a look in the mausoleum with Hile **
(1222) Marcus: Using his right arm to cradle his left, Marcus sits up, his face is a bit ashed, "No, it's not." He struggles to his feet, swaying slightly and makes his way into the mausoleum.
** (1106) Sushil strolls out before Marc, a rather bored expression on his face. **
** (1083) Ruth steps over towards the mausoleum, but looks outward. "I wonder if Amreth found that horse." **
** (1105) Fildin raises his longhorn once again and starts playing a questioning tune with deep penetrating undertones. **
(1106) Sushil: "Who knows?"
** (1105) Fildin ends his newest song and exits the mausoleum as well. **
(1106) Sushil: "Shall we be on our way back to the keep?"
(1105) Fildin: "Sounds good to me."
(1083) Ruth: "Yes. We can afford some rest after that."
** (1105) Fildin follow Ruth back to the keep, playing a peppy song of a battle hard fought, and won. **
** (1106) Sushil mounts up and rides for the keep, to see how his other skeleton is doing **
** (1222) Marcus tries to bend over and pick up his dropped weapon without letting go of his injured arm, and fails, he groans, but lets it hang, as he picks up and straps the chain to his belt. He does so slowly allowing the others to go off ahead of him before slowly following after. **
(1106) Sushil: (hmmm.. I'm starting to pass out. I might have to cut out in a bit)
(1179) TaliesinNYC: (and on that note, we'll stop)

 


Back to Forgotten Realms Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms