Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
26 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
26 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Forgotten Realms Logs
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room

Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(4111) TaliesinNYC:
no one?
(4130) Dj Gilcrease:
I wouldnt mind one
(4111) DM:
(Sushil made his way to the keep, you parleyed with the hobgoblins and they left of their own accord after bribing Shar-Kee, and basically rested)
(4130) Vadania:
(( Ahh ya and Vadania went out of the keep to find the old horse some food ))
(4147) Xeriar (enter): 20:18
(4147) Xeriar (exit): 20:19
(4111) DM:
((so its 2 days after the hobs have left, and in the interim, you've spent cleaning up after the hobs, resting and looking after things. anything you want to do -- which we can do now -- before moving on?))
(4102) Zane:
(( So are we picking it up from the keep, or are we on our way back already? ))
(4153) Lunauc (enter): 20:22
** (4102) Fildin suggests that they close the gate to the keep, lock it, and use the cemetary entrance to leave - to make it more difficult for anyone else to enter while they are away. Other than that, he spends the time relaxing and playing some music throughout the keep - as if trying to purge the keep of the hobgoblins. **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (4153) Lunauc...
(4102) Fildin:
(( that's it though. :P ))
(4111) TaliesinNYC:
Booting '(4110) Lunauc' from room...
(4110) Lunauc (exit): 20:22
(4111) DM:
((ok. anything else?))
(4118) Ruth:
((I agree with that suggestion if I didn't make it first =P))
(4122) Amreth:
((Just that :)))
(4130) Vadania:
"I'll meet you at the exit from the cemitary, I dont want to force Hile back though there"
** (4153) Lunauc suggests we hang the remaining hob corpses up outside the gates and make it look like they were slaughtered by an evil spirit, to ward off intruders. ; D **
(4153) Lunauc:
(oops_
** (4153) Sushil suggests we hang the remaining hob corpses up outside the gates and make it look like they were slaughtered by an evil spirit, to ward off intruders. ; D **
(4130) Vadania:
"That would just stink up the place and atract scavangers"
** (4122) Amreth does so, sticking Julla's head on a pike in front of the main gate? **
(4153) Sushil:
:shrug: "Eh.. who cares about scavenger's. It'
(4153) Sushil:
s thieves and vagabonds you're worried about."
(4102) Fildin:
"I wouldn't want the smell around either - but we are leaving, so I guess that's not really an issue. Maybe it would work... Ruth?"
(4130) Vadania:
"Well it's Ruths house so it is her choice" **Heads out the gate before the close it and of toward the cemitary exit**
(4122) Amreth:
"With any luck, Ruth'll be able to afford a number of men to serve as guards, who will easily be able to take care of any riff raff that may happen to make an attempt at squatting."
(4122) Amreth:
((find*))
(4153) Sushil:
"I suppose I can construct a guardian to watch the place for now. Though it wouldn't do much against a group of persistant intruders, it should scare off the lowly types."
(4102) Fildin:
"Will your spell last for that long?"
(4153) Sushil:
"As long as the entity is not detroyed..."
(4102) Fildin:
"Wow, that is quite a spell. Mind if I watch?"
(4153) Sushil:
"If you like.. though it can be rather unsettling to watch."
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (4125) LanceK...
** (4102) Fildin nods excitedly, "I'd love to." **
(4153) Sushil:
"Of course, it's up to Ruth whether or not she wants me to leave a .. questionable guardian in her newly acquired home."
(4118) Ruth:
"What is so questionable about it, if I may ask?"
(4153) Sushil:
:scratches his chin: "Well... some poeple think of their creation as rather poor taste. Frankly, I don't see what the big deal is. They're just mindless drones after all."
(4125) LanceK (exit): 20:35
(4125) LanceK (enter): 20:35
(4125) LanceK (exit): 20:35
(4125) LanceK (enter): 20:35
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (4125) LanceK...
** (4118) Ruth looks around a moment before asking, "I trust it is not worse than a pile of dead hobgoblins that already needs to be dealt with?" **
(4153) Sushil:
"No.. as a matter of fact, it sort of helps that matter."
** (4102) Fildin wrinkles his nose. "I know of very little that would be worse than a pile of dead hobgoblins. Well, a pile of live ones I guess." **
(4118) Ruth:
"Very well. As a temporary measure, I suppose. I should find some more cognizant caretaker for the place soon."
(4111) TaliesinNYC:
f
(4153) Sushil:
"Agreed. Then lets start by getting the corpses outside"
(4125) LanceK: Disconnecting from server...
(4125) LanceK (exit): 20:40
(4166) LanceK (enter): 20:40
(4166) LanceK (exit): 20:40
(4166) LanceK (enter): 20:40
(4166) LanceK (exit): 20:40
(4166) LanceK (enter): 20:40
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (4166) LanceK...
(4166) LanceK: Disconnecting from server...
(4166) LanceK (exit): 20:41
(4153) Sushil:
"Come along." :speaks to his minion as he goes to work moving the bodies outside the gate... or rather, making the minion do it."
(4111) TaliesinNYC:
(we really should ask people to be familiar with the program before applying to join)
(4122) Amreth:
((heh heh))
(4169) Marcus (enter): 20:42
(4169) Marcus (exit): 20:42
(4111) DM:
Eventually you manage to get all the bodies outside, away from the keep.
** (4102) Fildin tries to help move the corpses, but more than likely - he just walks alongside, holding somce clothing of such as someone else moves the remainder of the mass of the hobgoblin. **
(4169) Marcus (enter): 20:44
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (4169) Marcus...
(4153) Sushil:
:once the bodies are laid outside the gate, Sushil moves to Julla's bodie. Pulling an onyx stone from under his cloak, he kneels over the body, but hesitates before performing the spell, to ask his viewers: "Um... are you sure you want to see this? It can be quite unsettling."
(4153) Sushil:
(er... or rather, a hob who still has a head...)
** (4102) Fildin doesn't respond, but remains out there, watching. **
(4153) Sushil:
:shrugs: "As you wish."
(4118) Ruth:
"I will wait inside."
(4111) DM:
(ok, let loose, heh)
** (4153) Sushil places the stone in the corpses mouth, and raises his staff. He speaks in a low, chanting voice as he waves the staff over the fallen body. His tone is dark and commanding, as if making demand of the dead. It iis sudden, when the body jerks. Mouth open and arm reaching out, yet it makes no sound, even as it's flesh begins to rot and eat away at itself. Skin, muscle, sinew, it decays and falls away, untill all that is left is a skeletal figure. **
(4153) Sushil:
:he addresses his creation kindly: "Good morning."
(4111) DM:
It stands there silently, waiting for an order.
** (4102) Fildin looks a bit green, but manages to force himself to keep looking and watching. **
** (4153) Sushil picks up the weapon the creature wielded in life and hands it over.: "You will stay here and guard this keep until I return. Attack anyone who enters, but do not leave teh grounds." **
(4173) CaspersGhost (enter): 20:52
(4153) Sushil:
:looks to the others: "So.. are we ready to leave?"
(4111) DM:
It takes the short sword and stands at the ready.
(4111) DM:
(ok, FFing)
(4118) Ruth:
"Then we should be on our way. There is much of importance that needs to be done."
** (4102) Fildin just stands there for a moment. "I.. I've heard of spells that do that, but I've nevr had the chance to watch. Wow." **
(4153) Sushil:
:grins grimly to Fildin: "I'm... glad you found it so interesting."
(4122) Amreth:
"Not the least of which is us coming to an agreement on due compensation for my effiorts. Right?"
(4173) Lurker (exit): 20:58
** (4102) Fildin prepares with the others to take off from the keep. **
(4111) DM:
You make your way out of the keep using the secret entrance...
** (4118) Ruth ticks off the tasks to Amreth, "Well, there is reporting back to Tessaril on the status of the keep, updating the wizardess on the matters concerning the seals and then compensation, so it may be the least of those." **
(4111) DM:
...and emerge out into the cemetery. All is as was before. There is a stone mausoleum here, with a door bound with a large iron padlock. A prominent sign on the door has crude Commonspeech scrawled on it: "Keep owt! Thiz meens yub, STOOPID!"
** Grinkle cringes upon seeing the mausoleum and hides behind Sushil. **
** (4122) Amreth shrugs, "To you, perhaps, but not in my opion. Though, I'm in no terrible hurry to get what's coming to me. Just so long as you don't forget." **
** (4153) Sushil quirks a brow as the smaller adventurer hides behind him. "What are you doing?" **
** Grinkle is shaking with fear, pointing wordlessly at the mausoleum. **
(4102) Fildin:
"What is it?"
(4153) Sushil:
:looks around before turning back to Grinkle: "What?"
(4111) Grinkle:
Um...um...dere be umm....ded ting dere. In dere. Um...
(4111) Grinkle:
Touch freez. Burn. Eeet hobs alive.
(4153) Sushil:
"Yes... dead...." :states firmly: "As in, not alive, inert, inanimate, bereft of life, unable to do a damn thing. So, stop sniveling."
** (4130) Vadania rides out of the wood on Hile's back. "Took you long enough to get back though" **
(4111) Grinkle:
"NUB!!!! Ded! Nub ded!"
(4102) Fildin:
"Sorry Vadania, our newest friend here had to work some magic to make a guardian for the keep, since no one is here."
** (4130) Vadania looks to Grinkle "It's dead but not dead?" **
(4102) Fildin:
"So, there is something in there that killed hobgoblins? Well - does it's presense mean that the keep is not liberated then?"
** (4153) Sushil marches out of the cemetary, eyeing about with some interest at the stonework, and checkingfor prominent names. "Nub.. ded...?" **
** Grinkle goes seemingly catatonic on seeing the mausoleum and refuses to approach it. **
(4118) Ruth:
"Officially it is the hobgoblins that had to be dealt with. This must be something else."
** (4153) Sushil looks the structure, the hob so fears, approaching to try and find anything special of it's construct or name of it's inhabitant. **
** Grinkle just whimpers with fear and remains behind Amreth. "Julla had de door op...op...opened. Dis ting um killed hobs. Munch munch eet hobs alive." **
(4102) Fildin:
"Grinkle, did the thing there ever leave? Was it just there when your clan got here?"
(4111) Grinkle:
"Browk lock. Silber shinie lock. Pushd bak nub ded ting in dere, closd it. Me 'fraidydoo."
** (4122) Amreth reaches down and plucks a stalk of wild straw from the ground, and chews it, eyeing Grinkle, and giving him a nudge, "Awh, calm down. You saw how I handled da big chief. You think I'm going to let some old ghost gnaw on your bones?" **
(4111) Grinkle:
(to Fildin) "Silber shinie lock. Julla want it. Julla had lock browken. Nub ded ting killd hobs."
(4153) Sushil:
"Ok.. so a silver lock was keeping something sealed in this mausaleum, and you let it out. Got it."
** Grinkle stops shaking a bit but refuses to approach the mausoleum. **
(4102) Fildin:
"Then I guess we can leave it there. It's still locked down, and should not be a problem."
** (4130) Vadania motions Grinkle over to the woods with her and Hile, away from the Mausoleum **
(4122) Amreth:
"Not that I actually believe in ghosts, mind you."
whispering to Lunauc, as expected, it used to have a silver lock as can be seen where the lock once hung in place
whispering to Lunauc, the door has silver bindings and silver hinges, even though its bound closed with a rusty iron padlock
(4118) Ruth:
"Normally I would want to find out what it is, but I do not have the time to spare for it."
(4153) Sushil:
"Hmm.. it's locked for now... we can clear it out next time."
(4122) Amreth:
((brb))
(4102) Fildin:
"We can find out when we return later on. After all, you know that we are going to be crashing here whenever we can." he says to Ruth with a smile.
(4118) Ruth:
"Yeah. We will. No point in waiting around here longer when there is still a long way to go."
** (4153) Sushil turns to follow after the others.: "Let's be on our way then." **
(4111) DM:
(That was 2 days ago, fyi.)
(4153) Sushil:
"Tell me though, Grinkle, what did this creature look like?"
(4111) Grinkle:
It be nub ded. Ded but nub ded.
(4111) Grinkle:
Smell. (holds nose)
(4111) Grinkle:
Killd lotz o' hobs.
(4153) Sushil:
"Did it have claws? Was it's skin rotting, or pulled taut like leather?"
** (4122) Amreth keeps step with Grinkle, "You're one to talk, you could use a good bath yourself.." **
(4111) Grinkle:
Um, gray skin. Klaws.
(4102) Fildin:
"Sound familiar to you I take it?" he asks Sushil.
(4153) Sushil:
"Hmmm..." :looks back toward the crypt: "It may just be a ghoul. Though the stink you spoke of may be that of a ghast. They're a bit more deadly, but far from indestructible."
(4153) Sushil:
"I wonder if it was sealed in there simply because the family could not bear to put down their undead turned relative... or if it protecting something."
** Grinkle shrugs at Amreth and sniffs his underarms. "Me nub smell." **
(4130) Vadania:
"Could be from what ever the seal was sealing and proof that it is broken, or it could be the guardian of the Seal"
(4102) Fildin:
"Hmm, well - if we can handle a hag, I'm sure we can deal with either a ghoul or ghast."
(4153) Sushil:
"Shall we deal with it now then?"
(4118) Ruth:
"We will deal with that when we return to the keep, to set it up before we go to the Haunting Halls."
(4122) Amreth:
"Pardon my ignorance, but what the hell are you talking about? I heard stories about ghosts, and wizards makin' pets out of corpses, but what the hell is a ghast?"
(4102) Fildin:
"Yes, on our way back. We need to return to town right now."
(4153) Sushil:
"Hmm... it's a higher form of undead than a pitible zombie, though, not one of the higher forms, such as mummies or vampires. They supposedly can occur natural, due to corrupted souls, who fed on the flesh of humans in life. Though, mostly they are spawned from others of their kind or created by necromancers for... various purposes."
(4118) Ruth:
"As long as class is in session, why would a necromancer want one?"
(4153) Sushil:
:Shrugs: "Probably intimidation, they can make very frightening guardians."
(4153) Sushil:
"Can't see why they'd want to put up with the smell though."
** (4130) Vadania shakes her head "The dead should stay that way" **
** (4122) Amreth counts on his fingers, muttering figures, "Dead but not, eats human flesh, right.. Don't think you can afford to pay me enough to try and tackle such a thing. Good luck, though." **
(4153) Sushil:
:shrugs to Amreth: "I didn't ask you to. Though, with the cheap iron lock, rather than the silver lock intended for that door, I worry maybe whatever is in there will soon be able to break out."
** (4122) Amreth shrugs in return, "I wasn't talking to you." **
(4102) Fildin:
"I can see how it would be intimidating, not something most people would want to come across, from what I've heard. But that is still a strange companion."
** (4153) Sushil turns and begins heading casually toward the exit of the cemetary again, "Sorry to interrupt then." **
(4102) Fildin:
"Hmm, well I don't have any lock to add to it, let's just hope it holds for a few more days until we can return."
(4188) Edward (enter): 21:35
(4188) Edward (exit): 21:35
(4130) Vadania:
"I can ask Hile to stay and make sure nothing comes out of there and if it does to run and find us."
(4102) Fildin:
"If he would, that would be better than not knowing if something does happen."
(4153) Sushil:
:calls back to Vadania: "I wouldn't advise that. Ghasts can be dangerous, and we don't know if it has companions in the area that eat kitties."
(4130) Vadania:
"Hile isnt stupid, he will run if need be. If he agrees to stay that is"
(4153) Sushil:
:nods: "As you please then."
** (4130) Vadania starts growling deeply and generaly sounding like Hile **
(4193) Marcus (enter): 21:42
(4111) DM:
Hile begins pacing around the mausoleum.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (4193) Marcus...
** (4122) Amreth stops a moment to consider Grinkle, "I wonder how we're going to get you into town? Whether you're aware of the fact you stink or not, you're going to need a bath. I can wrap you up in a dozen bedsheets, but there's still no mistakin' that smell, and I don't think they'll take kindly to one of your kin wantin' to stay the night at the inn." **
(4111) TaliesinNYC:
Booting '(4169) Marcus' from room...
(4169) Marcus (exit): 21:42
(4153) Sushil:
"Then slap him in a shackles and call him a prisoner."
(4111) Grinkle:
Me swim in de riv....riv...water.
(4118) Ruth:
"We can still clean up a 'prisoner'."
** (4130) Vadania turns to her companions and growls, then shakes her head and caughs "He will watch, lets go where ever you need to go" **
(4122) Amreth:
"No, no. Don't want to take the chance they'll insist on taking over the duty of dealin' with 'em."
(4118) Ruth:
"The truth is probably the more unbelievable tale."
(4102) Fildin:
Well, all we need to do in town is meet with Lady Terssaril Winter. Do we really all need to go into town to do that?"
(4122) Amreth:
"I suppose not."
(4102) Fildin:
"Exactly. Since Ruth and I met with her the first time, we could do so again and evryone else wait outside of town. Solves everthing." Fildin beams a smile at his solution.
(4130) Vadania:
"I wont stay in the Inn so Grinkle can stay out in the woods with me, the city would not take kindly to Hile running into town and busting down the door to find me, the guards shoot at him in the last town I passed threw. That was my fault though for letting him wander the town without me."
(4122) Amreth:
"Except the fact I'm very much in need of a clean, comfortable bed and a good meal."
** (4102) Fildin shrugs. "Ok, so maybe not everything then..." **
(4111) DM:
There's whistling in the trees.
(4122) Amreth:
((Accompanied by the sound of Grinkle's knocking knees.")
(4111) DM:
((no, whistling and carrying a tune))
** (4130) Vadania looks around the trees trying to locate the sound **
** (4153) Sushil glances up to the whistling **
(4130) Vadania:
Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] ==> [6] + {9} = (15)
** (4102) Fildin looks around for the music. **
** (4122) Amreth too glances up at the trees, both hands dropping to the blades at his hips. **
** (4118) Ruth looks up in the trees, recalling that others have stayed above ground level before. **
(4193) Marcus:
A young human boy, wearing brand new, and still shined leathern armor, and a bald head steps through the trees, whistling a jubriant tune.
** (4130) Vadania points "Who are you?" **
** (4193) Marcus is shocked, stops whistling, and slightly jumps in the air. **
** (4102) Fildin waves his finger slightly to the tune, seeming to be more interested in the tune than the newcomer. **
(4130) Vadania:
"Well you arent Goblinkin and you look alive so your safe enough"
(4193) Marcus:
Oh my, uhhhh...I won't give you my money.
(4130) Vadania:
"My names Vadania, and why would I want your money?"
(4102) Fildin:
"Aww, you made him stop whistling. That was an interesting tune."
** (4193) Marcus stumbles back, his twitching between a belt pouch at his waist, and a sword at his side. **
(4193) Marcus:
Because you're bandits, out robbing people.
(4153) Sushil:
:raises a brow to the boy: "I take offense at that."
(4102) Fildin:
"We are?" Fildin looks at the group for a moment. "I guess it could seem that way..."
(4130) Vadania:
"We are? I though we were the Greenwood Protectors, out killing Goblinkin and soon the dead that are not dead"
(4193) Marcus:
I won't give you my money though. And the youngster pulls a short sword and nervously waves it in front of himself.
(4118) Ruth:
"I am most definitely not a bandit.
(4193) Marcus:
Not a bandit? Then who are you?
(4102) Fildin:
"Hmm, Greenwood Protectors? Nice ring to it, although..."
(4153) Sushil:
:appraoches the boy, staring sternly at him.: "You have said rude and thoughtless things. We are noe bandits, though you are obviously a fool. I demand an apology."
(4193) Marcus:
Wait! You're a traveling band of heroes, aren't you?
(4193) Marcus:
A gleem of joy, and slight adoration beams from the kids eyes.
** (4130) Vadania laughs and tosses the bow a gold coin "For being cautious and brave" **
(4130) Vadania:
(( *boy ))
** (4193) Marcus seems slightly ashamed. **
(4193) Marcus:
I'm sorry, ma'am. I just figured you where out here, I dunno, robbing graves or something.
(4153) Sushil:
:glances back at Vadania: "Do not reward stupidity. It discourages any learning."
(4130) Vadania:
"Shushil leave him alone, he was doing what any lone person wandering the woods should do, being cautious"
(4130) Vadania:
"Any way, so why are you out here alone?"
(4193) Marcus:
Well, guess the same reason as you, adventuring.
(4193) Marcus:
I thought I finally found some, but I guess you guys beat me to it. So, what did you kill? Some kind of undead menace in a crpyt?
(4118) Ruth:
"A tribe of mercenary hobgoblins, actually."
(4153) Sushil:
"No... but if you're looking for such, you might want to try that mausaleum over there."
(4130) Vadania:
"By yourself? Even back in the Choldalwood I didnt go off by myself I always had Hile or Silk with me"
(4193) Marcus:
Really. You slew an entire tribe of hobgoblins?
(4102) Fildin:
"Besides - look at us. We don't exactly look our best. With Grinkle walking freely with us in the open, and the collection of peoples that we have, I can see where one could make the wrong assumption. After all - didn't you come to the keep hoping to play on being believed to be someone else?" Fildin asks Sushil with a smirk.
(4130) Vadania:
"Bribed half of them"
(4193) Marcus:
You gave 'em money. Man, I wish I would have been there, I would've gutted 'em all.
(4130) Vadania:
"And befriended one"
** (4193) Marcus waves his short sword in front himself, 'gutting' imaginary foes. **
(4153) Sushil:
:to Fildin: "Yes... but I still don't like being accused of things with no sound proof."
(4193) Marcus:
Are you still upset about that mister? Said I was sorry, but it is a dangerous world we live in.
** (4102) Fildin shrugs. "I understand, but it does happen." **
** (4122) Amreth blinks twice at the odd man, "Have you by any chance been breathing mordayn?" **
(4130) Vadania:
"So whats your name boy?"
(4153) Sushil:
:to Marcus: "It's even more dangerous if you go around making accusations at people."
** (4193) Marcus stops attacking invisible people and puts his sword away. **
(4193) Marcus:
Oh, yeah, I'm Marcus.
(4193) Marcus:
And you guys are the Greenwood Protectors? I've never heard of you before, what adventures have ya had?
(4130) Vadania:
"Shushil stop and take a good look at us and tell me we dont look like bandits, we have a Hobgoblin traveling with us, we are all well armed and dirty to boot. What conclution would you cone to if you were confrunted by us while you were traveling alone"
(4118) Ruth:
"We have slain the hag of the Moon Isle Atoll. That is pretty far away though."
(4153) Sushil:
"Regardless of conclusions, I wouldn't spout them out and possible anger people who might be dangerous."
(4122) Amreth:
"It's not so much a matter of what conclusions we would draw, but how we'd act on them..."
** (4130) Vadania turns back to Marcus "Glad to meet you, as I said my name is Vadania, and my **
** (4193) Marcus picks up the coin that Vandania tossed at him. **
(4193) Marcus:
Thanks Vandania, but I don't want your money.
(4102) Fildin:
"Well met Marcus. I'm Fildin, pleasure to meet you. Tell me, can you tell me what that tune you were whistling earlier was?"
(4130) Vadania:
Krenshar companion, who is not here at the moment is Hile, I'll let the others introduce themselves"
** (4193) Marcus tosses the coin back. **
** (4130) Vadania catches it and shrugs puting it back **
** (4118) Ruth nods, "You can call me Ruth." **
(4193) Marcus:
Well met Fildin, back home, we called that, Rooster in the Henhouse. But I've heard it called other things as well.
(4193) Marcus:
Well met, Ruth. /me bows.
(4193) Marcus:
((Oops.))
** (4193) Marcus bows. **
** (4153) Sushil sighs and offers the boy a nod, "You may call me Sushil." **
(4102) Fildin:
"Hmm, Rooster in the Henhouse - catchy." Fildin pulls out his longhorn and tests a couple notes before trying to copy what Marcus had been whistling, and expanding on it a little.
(4102) Fildin:
Perform (longhorn): [1d20+10] -> [19,10] = (29)

** (4122) Amreth readjusts the piece of straw he's chewing on, and glances from Marcus to Sushil, and back, "You look as if you haven't outgrown your first loin cloth." **
 (4193) Marcus:
Well, I reckon so, I wasn't a monk though, I just lived there for a while.
(4102) Fildin:
"Of course, music helps with many things. It will pass the time, it can give you extra energy, help a caravan keep moving - all kinds of things. I remember this one time our caravan was taveling and a bad storm came through the area, keeping us from seeing two feet in front. Well - the musicians started a rousing song the entire train long, in order to make sure that each coach stayed on the road. And when the storm cleared, it turned out that we had made better time than usual."
(4153) Sushil:
"Ah.. what Monastery did you come from?" :asks as they walk:
(4193) Marcus:
They called it the Low Rock Monastery, they followed the ways of Lathandar.
(4153) Sushil:
"And now you're out seeking fame and flory and that sort of thing..?"
(4153) Sushil:
(*glory)
whispering to Marcus, Lathander
(4193) Marcus:
Yeah, see I don't want to spend my life toiling at some farm, or in some monastery all my life. I want to *do* something with my life.
(4153) Sushil:
"Now that I can respect. Just don't get yourself killed too soon."
** (4130) Vadania smiles "It is good to do something" **
(4193) Marcus:
I don't plan on it, I've got plans, and dying isn't one of 'em.
** (4122) Amreth pulls a long, thick bowshaft from a sling attached to the pack on his back, plants one end in the ground, bends it with his weight, and strings it, then draws an arrow, and utters a short, but decidedly biting and derogatory sentence in Turmic, and stalks off ahead of the group, southbound. **
** (4102) Fildin glances back at Amreth to see if even he can respect Marcus' comment." **
** (4130) Vadania glances at Amresth and shrugs **
(4102) Fildin:
"He is a strange one. But quite capable." he says, nodding in the direction Amreth stalked off.
(4193) Marcus:
I can't wait to see him fight, it should be great.
(4130) Vadania:
"So are you skilled with that sword of yours, it looked a bit shaky to me, no offence I cannot use mine very well so I just wanted to check where your skills may lay and how you can help us grow stronger"
(4193) Marcus:
Well, I've never really *been* in real combat before, but I'm trained in the use of several weapons. At the monastery I was one of the best fighters when sparring with weapons.
(4130) Vadania:
"My skills lay with nature and animals"
(4193) Marcus:
That's great, do you know of the Druidess Zirelda? She battled a stone giant, and slew him single handedly.
** (4130) Vadania nods "Yes facing six armed opponants unexpectadly can put a shake in anyones arm" **
(4193) Marcus:
Well, I was just a bit surprised is all, next time I'll be ready.
(4130) Vadania:
"Zirelda, no I have never heard of her. I have not met another Druidess since I left my home land. We are a reclusive people so I have only met those who trained me."
** (4193) Marcus is a bit shocked? You really are a Druidess? It's an honor to meet you ma'am. **
(4193) Marcus:
((is a bit shocked.))
(4193) Marcus:
Where are you from? I've lived in Cormyr all my life.
** (4193) Marcus rolls his eyes in mock pain at these words. **
** (4102) Fildin claps Marcus on the back. "You seemed to get shocked easily there." Fildin chuckles and continues on walking. **
(4130) Vadania:
"I lived in the Choldalwood my whole life untill I was exiled, so I may not be entitled to the honorific Druidess any longer"
(4193) Marcus:
Well, I've never really met a Druid before, one visited the monaster once, but I was out climbin', and she was gone before I came back.
(4130) Vadania:
"I am just a homesick Hin who can never go home and has some skill with nature and her alies"
** (4130) Vadania wipes a tear, and looks at the ground while they walk **
(4102) Fildin:
"Rest easy Vadania, remember that some of us don't care about having a single home when the entire world is out there."
** (4153) Sushil just walks along, his silent servant walking beside him, as he listens idly to the conversation of the others. **
(4102) Fildin:
"And I can assure you, they - just as myself - would not care about your history."
** Grinkle shuffles along, picking blackberries along the way. **
(4193) Marcus:
Yeah, the world is a big place, huge. I've studied a lot of maps, and I know all the places I want to see before I retire someday. Just think about the stories you'll be able to tell your grandchildren.
** (4130) Vadania sheers up a bit, "True I am a member of a family again now, a diverse family at that. So did you like the name I came up with for us Fildin. I was a member of the Choldalwood Protectors, they were the druids who trained me, and I wanted something that sounded familar but new, so I came up with Greenwood Protectors, as I dont know the name of these woods and I dont think we will just stay in them." **
(4102) Fildin:
"And all the stories you can tell..." Fildin's gaze wanders off as he begins imagining the possibilities.
(4130) Vadania:
(( *cheers ))
(4193) Marcus:
Do you guys have a charter already?
(4130) Vadania:
"Charter?"
(4102) Fildin:
"Greenwood Protectors - yes, it does sound nice, but I am not sure how much protecting we are going to do. So far we have been more liberators than protectors. Hmm... How about Greenwood Adventurers? That can fit us a bit better I feel."
** (4130) Vadania looks at Ruth **
** (4130) Vadania nods
"That sounds good, how about you Ruth?" **
(4206) DM:
(just a note....Marcus would not know that IC)
(4102) Fildin:
"Not yet, that is another matter that we must clear with Lady Winter on our return. Due to time constraints on freeing the keep, she allowed us an extension on creating a charter."
(4102) Fildin:
(( would not know about charters? ))
(4206) DM:
((correct.))
(4102) Fildin:
"Yes Ruth, how does having your keep rescued by 'The Greenwood Adventurers' sound?"
(4102) Fildin:
(( then ignore Fildin's response to it. :) ))
(4206) DM:
((unless he has previous experience adventuring with a group.))
(4118) Ruth:
"Has a good ring to it."
(4193) Marcus:
((Apologies, thought the charter thing was more common knowledge than it is.))
(4102) Fildin:
(( no prob. ))
(4193) Marcus:
What is this keep you guys keep talking about, I'm very interested to know the history of your adventures.
(4130) Vadania:
"Hope you dont mind if I slip sometimes and call use 'The Greenwood Protectors', I will try to remember the right name though. Which is for the best I guess, I should stop trying to regain what I lost and start accepting the new things I have gained"
(4102) Fildin:
"Oh, Ruth's keep. Well, her family's keep - soon to be her's."
(4130) Vadania:
(( AFK for a smoke ))
(4102) Fildin:
"That's fine Vadania, just be sure to remember the right one whenever someone is asking about all the adventures that we will have." Fildin smiles gently at her, letting her know things are fine.
(4193) Marcus:
Should I call you Lady Ruth, or Milady?
(4102) Fildin:
(( brb as well. ))
(4102) Fildin:
(( back ))
(4206) DM:
((adventuring charters are not common knowledge at this point in time in Cormyr although they will be as time goes on. it is a recent policy implemented by Azoun that went into effect a few game years ago. recall that this campaign has some changes from the official FR camp.))
(4102) Fildin:
"Call her Rusty." Fildin says with a laugh.
** (4118) Ruth sighs. **
** (4193) Marcus seems to be slightly embarassed. **
(4193) Marcus:
I couldn't do that, that's not how one talks to someone of noble bearing.
(4102) Fildin:
"It is the first name she gave me, so maybe I should start calling her Rusty again."
(4153) Sushil:
"... Rusty...?"
(4118) Ruth:
"You know how you tried to seem to be someone else? It was a precaution."
(4193) Marcus:
You think these folks were bandits too?
** (4102) Fildin busts out laughing, even to the point that he has to stop walking and bends over, lest he would actually fall over. **
(4118) Ruth:
"Not these folks, but there may have been."
(4193) Marcus:
Oh.
(4193) Marcus:
Say, have any of you heard the story of The Falling Stars? They were a famous group of adventures who died fighting a great dragon in it's lair after trying to steal from his horde.
** (4102) Fildin gets himself under control after a few moments. "Sor.. Sorry. It's really... not that... funny... But, it is humerous." he gets out, in between chuckles and attempts to catch his breath. **
** Grinkle tags along, munching on berries. **
(4193) Marcus:
I've been meaning to ask, is that creature there, one you? And if so, what is it?
(4130) Vadania:
"Grinkle is a Hobgoblin, he is our cook."
(4102) Fildin:
(( you are going to have to be more specific... ))
(4130) Vadania:
"I'll be back in a while"
** (4193) Marcus stares at the Hobgoblin. A fresh look of wonderment on his face. **
** (4102) Fildin looks at Vadania to make sure nothing is wrong, but nods in agreement. **
** (4130) Vadania slips off into the woods, he bow strung and nocked **
(4193) Marcus:
Is something going on? Should I be ready to fight?
(4102) Fildin:
"If it was that serious, she would have said more."
** (4193) Marcus slips his hand down to a chain that rests on his belt, and looks around the woods. **
** (4153) Sushil just keeps walking, only discretely keeping alert as they travel. **
** Grinkle stuffs his face with blackberries, smacking his lips contentedly. **
(4206) Grinkle:
"Nub nuttin." (grins a buck-toothed grin at Marcus)
(4193) Marcus:
No thanks?
(4206) Grinkle:
"Nubbin."
(4193) Marcus:
Okay...sure.
** (4193) Marcus leans towards Fildin. **
(4193) Marcus:
It's talking to me.
** Grinkle nods wisely and pops a blackberry in his mouth. **
** (4130) Vadania comes panting back to the group an hour or so before dark with a rabit and a few pheasants hung from her belt and draging a deer
"I brought some stuff for you to cook tonight Grinkle" lays a pile of herbs on the deer, "These may help too" **
(4206) Grinkle:
"Mmmm....jamz. Berry jamz." *sighs*
** (4102) Fildin looks at Marcus. "Told you it was nothing." **
** (4153) Sushil takes a glance at Grinkle's berries, making sure they are really edible, **
** Grinkle looks down happily. "Reel fuudin. Tanks!" **
** (4193) Marcus eyes the bounty of fresh meat, and his stomach grumbles. **
(4206) DM:
(yep, they're edible all right. Ripe blackberries.)
(4193) Marcus:
Mmmm, that looks great. But, umm, is he really going to cook?
(4102) Fildin:
"Why not?"
** Grinkle takes the brace of pheasants and hare and begins skinning/plucking them. **
(4102) Fildin:
"He good at foodin'."
** (4130) Vadania takes the rabit and pheasants off her belt and tosses them down as well
"Lets make camp here tonight, I have to get the animals cleaned so Grinkle can cook them for us" takes the smaller animals off a bit and cleans them, saving the heart and livers incase Grinle can use them **
(4193) Marcus:
[1d4] -> [1] = (1)
(4193) Marcus:
((Sorry for the roll, finger slipped.))
(4193) Marcus:
Well, can he wash his hands first?
** (4193) Marcus nervously looks at the fingers, freshly licked, and still dripping blackberry ichor. **
** Grinkle nods and preps the herbs. "Yub gotz potz, knife en wine?" **
(4193) Marcus:
((at Grinkle's fingers))
(4153) Sushil:
(brb)
(4130) Vadania:
"A little dirt never killed anyone". **looks in her bag to see if she has a pot**
(4102) Fildin:
"That's what the fire is for." Fildin settles into the camp they make, pulling out his longhorn again and plays a soft meledy of songs that seem to relax everyone after a long day of marching.
** Grinkle scrounges around for utensils and other materials, whistling contentedly. Strangely enough, he can carry a tune. It's the first time you've heard him hum. **
(4192) nutritious (enter): 23:38
** (4102) Fildin modifies his song to fit Grinkle's tune, working with it, expanding it - but keeping the soft soothing tunes going as everyone tries to relax for the night. **
** (4193) Marcus lets his backpach drop down, leans it against a fallen log. He sits down on the ground, using the log as a backrest and begins to udue the straps on his armor. **
(4130) Vadania:
"I have a wine skin, but no pot, we should be able to use the stomach of the deer as a pot though as long as we keep enough water in it to keep the fire from burning it, I'll rig up a sling"
(4193) Marcus:
**backpack
(4192) nutritious (exit): 23:40
** (4130) Vadania goes and gathers branches and rigs up a rough tripod to hang the stomach from over the fire **
** (4193) Marcus finishes taking the armor off his arms and torso, stands and stretches. He sees Vadania doing all the work. **
(4193) Marcus:
Is there anything I could do to help?
** (4130) Vadania shrugs
"Ask Grinkle, he is the cook" **
** (4118) Ruth sets her pack down to watch the meal preparations. **
(4206) Grinkle:
"Dese phea...phea...birds gonna roa....roa...cook dem. Yub watch dem, yub?" (points at Marcus)
(4206) Grinkle:
"Nub burn dem."
** Grinkle sets about preparing rabbit stew. **
(4151) Mikal (enter): 23:44
(4193) Marcus:
I'll try, but to be honest, I was thinking maye of finding some fresh water or something, I'm none to good a cook.
(4206) Grinkle:
"Hmph. Okay."
** (4102) Fildin ends his music. "I'll watch the stew Grinkle." **
** (4193) Marcus wanders off into the woods. **
(4206) DM:
(going to FF in a few minutes)
(4102) Fildin:
(( no prob. ))
** (4130) Vadania watches the birds cook **
** (4153) Sushil finds a comfortable seat and pulls one of the books from his pack, on his servant's back, and sets down to read as he waits for dinner. **
** (4193) Marcus comes back into the clearing a few minutes later. His head dripping water. He carries two waterskins. **
(4193) Marcus:
Anyone want some fresh water?
(4102) Fildin:
"Sure, thanks."
** (4193) Marcus passes Fildin a waterskin before sitting back down by his backpack. **
(4193) Marcus:
So someone tell me about his hag?
** (4102) Fildin accepts and takes a swig. "Well, she's dead. What else matters?" **
(4193) Marcus:
What else matters!? The story, the tale of your heroic deeds. Come on, you've had to have written a song about it or something.
** (4130) Vadania sits down to listen as well
"The details of her death, I have not heard the tale either and since I metup with you after that happened I would like to hear it, some time anyways" **
(4118) Ruth:
"It is an interesting story, after all."
(4102) Fildin:
"Hmm, actually I haven't yet. As soon as we had returned from that, we were summoned by Lady Wnter about the keep - and so we moved on."
(4130) Vadania:
"Sorry to interupt before you even got started, but Shushil what is wrong with your servent, I .. he .. I mean he is broken in the head, there is nothing there"
(4153) Sushil:
:glances to Vadania: "He functions well enough to serve my purposes. That is enough."
(4151) Mikal (exit): 23:59
(4130) Vadania:
"But but ..." **she stammers** "even Hile has more thought in his head then your servent, how can he even function like that?"
(4153) Sushil:
:not bothering to look up from his book, he matter-of-factly replies: "Simply, he relies on me to give him orders. Thus, he is dependant upon me."
(4130) Vadania:
"But what is he, he is not human like he appears"
(4153) Sushil:
:shrug: "He is my servant, that is all."
(4193) Marcus:
You know, just cuz you think you're smarter than everyone else, doesn't make you better. I could probably beat in a fist fight, but I don't go around pretending to be all uppity about it.
** (4130) Vadania humfs then turns back to Fildin
"Sorry for the interuption" **
** (4102) Fildin waves her concern off. "Think nothing of it. A wagon takes all different parts to run after all." **
** (4102) Fildin leans forward in his seat, preparing himself to tell the story. "Well, we found ourself investigating a muder in a hunted room, and happened across clues that led us to the Moon Isle Atoll. At first, we met only a clan of headhunters, which as you can imagine - we avoided. But we soon found ourselves deep in the story of what had happened to the pirate captain Nbod, who had claimed those islands many years before. We worked our way across the atoll, even though we knew there was a threat of a possible sea dragon awating us. However, we believed it was a mere illusion due to certain clues given, and so all we found was a hideously ugly hag awaiting us. Well, it took some doing as we were all still in our canoes, trying to fight this hag that was walking on the water - but we did manage to make it and defeated her, sending her body to the depths of the cove, where she belonged. And that's the basic gist of it." **
** (4102) Fildin leans back and pops a couple berries into his mouth when he finishes. **
(4153) Sushil:
:at some point looked over from the book: "Fascinating."
** (4193) Marcus stares, mouth slightly agape, listening aptly as Fildin tells the tale. **
(4193) Marcus:
((brb))
** (4118) Ruth nods agreement as Fildin finishes the story. **
(4193) Marcus:
((back))
(4130) Vadania:
"Very interesting adventure, so how did you get from this room to the Isle?"
** (4130) Vadania nods to Fildin as if agreeing to something **
(4102) Fildin:
"A chest in fact. A painting told the way. I'm still not positive about some of the specifics, it was strange. But, it all worked out in the end."
(4118) Ruth:
"It turns out Nbod started Eveningstar's inn, and the place still has some magical connections to the Moon Isle Atoll."
(4130) Vadania:
"And that is all that maters in the long run, I guess not all the details are required all of the time"
(4153) Sushil:
"Hmph.. sounds interesting. I'd love to check it out some day."
(4102) Fildin:
"Exactly Vadania. A bird in the hand means a morsel on the table, but a bird in the bush means a song in the morning."
(4243) Lethin (enter): 00:17
(4243) Lethin (exit): 00:17
(4102) Fildin:
"So Marcus, what brought you way out here, simply the call of adventure? It seems like quite a way to travel."
(4206) DM:
(Sense Motive, all except Fil and Vad)
(4153) Sushil:
Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16)
(4130) Vadania:
"Well I am for sleep after the wonderfull food Grinkle prepared and a wonderful tale to listen too." ((Assuming we ate while he talked))
(4102) Fildin:
(( fine! But I still got my roll for the night in earlier with my perform check so there. :P ))
whispering to Lunauc, something's fishy in relation to Vad's statement
(4118) Ruth:
Sense Motive: [1d20-1] -> [16,-1] = (15)
(4206) DM:
(stopping in 10 min)
(4193) Marcus:
Well, I'm trying to make a fortune for myself, so I can be married to the girl I love back at the monastery.
(4193) Marcus:
She wants to go study to be a wizard in Suzail.
(4153) Sushil:
"They let girls in monasteries?" :raises his brow in thought: "Hmph... I thought all those monks were suppose to be celibate."
(4102) Fildin:
"Ahh, a quest for love. It is quite a motivation for many."
(4193) Marcus:
They are, we both were took in as children, they couldn't leave us to die, so they took us in.
** (4130) Vadania looks to Ruth
Sushil, if you cannot contain your urges around a women I will be sleeping further into the woods to remove the temptation from you." **
** (4193) Marcus leans back away from the fire, but not before you can see that his face is slightly red, either from the fire, or from embarassment. **
(4153) Sushil:
:to vadania: "I just feel that secluded in a temple full of sexually repressed men may not be the safest place for a young woman."
(4122) Amreth (exit): 00:25
(4153) Sushil:
"Besides... it has to be distracted for those celibate monks." :shakes head:
(4153) Sushil:
(*distracting even)
** (4130) Vadania shugs then lays down and goes to sleep **
(4193) Marcus:
If I thought they were a threat to Talya, I wouldn't have left her behind, they are good men, and after all the whining you did after I mistook you for bandits, you should be the last person to speak ill of those you know nothing about.
(4153) Sushil:
:nonplussed: "Oh, I mean to speak no ill against these men. I doubt you'll return to find your love has become the monastery whore or anything. It's just an... uncomfortable position.. I feel."
** (4193) Marcus goes on in a slightly angry tone. **
(4193) Marcus:
If you're trying to make me angry, with your vulgar language, go on.
(4153) Sushil:
"One woman, surrounded by men, even if they have all sworn themselves to a higher purpose, they may find jealousy and aggrevation breeding amongst eachother. after all, one woman can only give so much attention."
(4118) Ruth:
"It sounds to me like you are digging deeper and deeper, Sushil. I think Marcus has already won this discussion."
(4250) Maglad (enter): 00:32
(4193) Marcus:
You know nothing of discipline. You know nothing of manners, and you should keep your mouth shut about my love, and the people who raised me.
(4153) Sushil:
:holds up a hand and offers: "Forgive me, I was just analyzing the psychology of such a situation. I did not mean to upset you."
(4250) Maglad (exit): 00:32
** (4193) Marcus leaves the fire and lays down in the dark by his pack. **
(4193) Marcus:
Wake me up if you need me to take a watch.
** (4102) Fildin plays a soft smooth lullaby as the party lais down to rest, easing their transition into their dreams and whatever they may hold. As everyone falls asleep, he ceases playing, and instead starts working on a song encompassing the adventure of the hag - but he only hums in order to get the music right in his mind. **
(4206) TaliesinNYC:
and on that note, we'll stop
** (4102) Fildin works on his song as he keeps the first watch, waking Marcus about half-way though the night. **


Back to Forgotten Realms Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms