Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
17 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
17 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Forgotten Realms Logs


(90) DM: (28) Amreth: "You didn't even try to escape-and you had the chance when we lost sight of you."
(27) Grinkle: "Me nub lik de oder hobs."
** (28) Amreth keeps his eyes locked on Grinkle for a long moment, as he unstoppers his flask of water, "Right," he says, and turns to pour a small ammount of the water of the bound and gagged hobgoblin's face before taking a drink for himself. **
** Grinkle takes a seat by the door and looks at the proceedings. **
** (16) Ruth looks around the ransacked room, now that the hobgoblins are subdued. **
** (20) Fildin steps around the bound hobgoblin as well. "Now this mess will take more than magic to fix most likely." **
** (28) Amreth restoppers the flask, drops his pack from his shoulders, and tucks it away as he kneels down beside Smut, "Wake up you worthless pile of orc droppings." **
(27) DM: The hobgoblin awakens reluctantly, glaring at you.
** (16) Ruth stands over where the two hobgoblins were arguing, "It looks like there is actually something 'dere'," pointing out something odd on the east wall to Fildin. **
** (28) Amreth grabs hold of what's left of Smut's clothing, and tries to pull him up into a sitting position, then glances at Ruth, "Now that's a pity. Seems answered the only question I'd wanted you alive to answer, Smut," he says, looking back at the hob. **
(28) Amreth: ((seems she*))
** (20) Fildin moves to some of the furnature, trying to figure out if he could help with it, but he just looks at the amount of stuffing removed and sighs. "What a waste." Then Ruth's comment reaches him and he looks to her. "What did you find?" **
(16) Ruth: "Probably what they were arguing about, a hidden chamber."
** (16) Ruth glances over to smut for his reaction. **
** (20) Fildin makes his way over to the wall to see if he can spot the actual doorway. **
** (28) Amreth lets them go about checking out what's dere but not, and removes the gag from Smut's mouth, "But I think I'm still not gonna kill you." **
** Smut stares at the corner and shrugs, but returns to stare at you and settles on Ruth and spits. **)
** (16) Ruth reaches out to open up what she's found, probably further annoying Smut. "Time to see what the fuss was about." **
** (20) Fildin moves to the wall, and starts feeling around the doorway, seeing if he can figure out _how_ to open it. He does not try to relaese the door yet - just determine how to open it. **
** (28) Amreth cocks a brow at the hobgoblin, and stands to his feet, turning to look to Ruth, "Careful."
** (28) Amreth steps over to his discarded sword, kneels, and picks it up. **
(16) Ruth: "They have managed to find every trap so far, the hard way, but did not find this. Do you want to look it over first?"
** (28) Amreth slides the sword home, and shrugs, "Don't have any real experience with traps, but I guess I could," he says, moving to stand next to her, "Keep an eye on Smut, then." **
(20) Fildin: "I plan to be Amreth. After all, we already had the illusion to get to this room." Fildin searches for a moment, but then smiles and steps back. He pulls back out the longhorn and starts playing how now familiar tune - a probing, resonating tune that seems to seep into everything it touches. Along with the music, comes the smell of roses, which also seeps into everything.
** (20) Fildin directs his music, and the rose scent at the wall, but quickly ends the song, letting the music and the roses fall off into the ether. **
(20) Fildin: "Nothing magical at least. You still want to try to check it Amreth? I'd rather be extra careful than not."
** (20) Fildin points out where the door is, and the location of the panel that opens it. "Whatever they were discussing is likely behind there." **
** (28) Amreth bites his lip, and steps up to take a look at the panel, and gives a brief shrug, "Pretty damn hard to notice, isn't it?" **
(20) Fildin: "Yeah, pretty well hidden."
** (28) Amreth shrugs, "Well, there's not much room to poke around," he says, probing at the panel. **
(16) Ruth: "It may be my uncle's treasure; whatever he searched the Halls for."
(27) DM: The panel slides back and reveals a hidden recess.
(20) Fildin: "Good, no other traps."
(27) DM: Within are three pieces of parchment and a brass wand.
** (20) Fildin steps to the side to allow Ruth to enter and claim her uncle's property. **
** (28) Amreth glaces back at Ruth, "I believe this belongs to you." **

(84) Sushil: (Squeezing limes...? ... mmm... marching margaritas.)
** (80) Fildin peers into the exposed alcove, awaiting to see what Ruth finds within. **
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
** (81) Ruth reaches in to pull out the items, reading the parchments first. "A message? Or something else?" **
** (85) Amreth takes a step away, has a look around, and steps past the bound hobgoblin, and moves to the next door (to 22). **
whispering to Donovan, its crisscrossed with scribbling, much of it unfamiliar to you
** (85) Amreth opens the door a crack and has a look inside whilst Ruth goes over her inheritance. **
** (80) Fildin waits near Ruth, anxious to see just what she found. **
** (81) Ruth inspects the wand while commenting. "I do not recognize any of this..." **
** (85) Amreth pokes his head inside, and checks the wall next to the door, then glances up at the cieling, and the walls to either side, "Odd." **
(80) Fildin: :to Ruth: "Any idea what it is?"
(81) Ruth: "Notes? A code? Can you make any sense of them?"
** (81) Ruth shows Fildin the parchments. **
(80) Fildin: "I'll try." Fildin takes the parchments and looks over them.
(82) Kalliger (enter): 20:50
(82) Kalliger (exit): 20:51
** (85) Amreth opens the door fully, and takes a step inside the room, kneeling down about five feet from the gauntlets. **
** (85) Amreth plucks a bit of cloth he'd collected earlier from his belt, and begins brushing away the dust on the floor infront of him. **
(90) DM: The room beyond is a rather large chamber, yet full of dust and cobwebs. It appears to be empty, save for a pair of rusted gauntlets in the center of the room.
(95) Lunauc (enter): 20:54
** (80) Fildin scrunches his eyes as he looks at the parchments. "Well, they appear to be spells of some kind - but I can't tell what they are. exactly." **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (95) Lunauc...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (84) Lunauc...
(90) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(84) Lunauc' from room...
(84) Lunauc (exit): 20:55
(80) Fildin: "I can probably tell later on, when we have more time to study them. May I hold onto them for now?"
** (85) Amreth examines the floor beneath the dust he sweeps away, and once satisfied, reaches a hand out and plucks one of the gauntlets up, "Very odd." **
(81) Ruth: "Sure. Now why would there be an empty and undisturbed room with those two arguing here?"
(80) Fildin: "I have no idea - it was your uncles place. What about that wand? Any ideas?"
(81) Ruth: "I have not seen any instructions, if that is what you mean. It is brass, so may have something to do with fire. Or maybe not."
(81) Ruth: "Lots of ideas, not much more than that yet."
(80) Fildin: "Well, since this is apparently, or at least was, his library - maybe they were arguing because they expected some treasure here. True, more questions than answers so far."
** (85) Amreth has a good look at it, before picking the other one up, and standing to leave the room. **
** (80) Fildin turns to look to where Amreth disappeared to, in order to see what he found. **
(90) DM: (scroll up for description)
** (85) Amreth steps outside the room for a moment, looking to Ruth, presenting the gauntlets to her, "The rest of your inheritance, m'lady." **
** (81) Ruth accepts it with complete seriousness, "I am now wealthy indeed, I see." **
(85) Amreth: "So it would seem," he says, and turns back into the room, stepping past their resting place to check the walls of the NE corner of the room out of curiosity.
(98) jack (enter): 21:06
(98) jack (exit): 21:07
(80) Fildin: "Hmm, scrolls, a wand, and a pair of gauntlets just sitting in the room. This is a definate mystery."
** (85) Amreth takes a step back and feels around infront of him with his hands, groping at.. Nothing. **
(90) DM: As if on cue, a chest appears in the corner of the room. It seems to be wet.
** (80) Fildin starts to ask something, but stops when the chest appears out of nowhere. "Uh, ok..." **
(81) Ruth: "Mystery solved?"
** (80) Fildin just shrugs in response. **
(81) Ruth: "How did you find that?"
(97) Traven (enter): 21:12
(85) Amreth: "Huh," he mumbles, and fishes through a pouch on his belt for the wire and needle he'd collected back in the inn, "Well, thought it was odd the glove was actually pointing at the wall. Figured there might be another secret panel, consealing yet more of your inheritance."
** (85) Amreth glances over his shoulder, "Bit more light, please?" **
(102) No Name (enter): 21:13
** (81) Ruth brings her lantern over to illuminate the chest. **
(97) Traven (exit): 21:14
** (80) Fildin wanders over as well - staying in the light. He hums very softly, the lack of music starting to get to him. **
** (85) Amreth gestures to indicate the slime covering the chest, "Uhh, just don't touch it," he says, bending over to get a better look at the lock. **
(90) DM: It's a wooden, iron-bound chest and appears to be wet.
(90) DM: A rather large lock is on the front.
** Grinkle fidgets. **
** (85) Amreth shifts position, and lays down on his side, probing at the lock first with the bit of wire, and then with the needle. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [3,6] = (9)
(90) DM: After a while, you hear a slight "snick".
** (85) Amreth rapidly withdraws the makeshift lockpicks, and glances back at Ruth, "Alright, I think I got it." **
** (85) Amreth gets up off his side, and drops the tools back into the pouch, and makes to open up the chest. **
(102) No Name (exit): 21:22
(90) DM: Within can be seen a sheathed short sword, its leather-wrapped hilt peeking out of a mound of platinum and gold coins, along with a bundle of silver-tipped arrows, a handful of darts that glow with an amber-hued sheen, a stoppered glass flask filled with a translucent pale green liquid, a silver ring capped with a small lustrous pale pink pearl and four small aquamarines.
** (85) Amreth snaps his fingers, and looks over his shoulder again with a grin, "Now that's more like it." **
** (80) Fildin lets his jaw drop slightly. "Wow." **
(81) Ruth: "Now that is an inheritance."
** (85) Amreth losens the wrist straps on his gloves, and shakes them both off, reach in to take hold of the sword, "You don't mind, do you?" he asks after the fact. **
(81) Ruth: "Of course not. Try it out, it will be needed soon."
** (85) Amreth snaps the hilt free of the scabbard, and draws the sword roughly a quarter of the way out to get a look at the blade in the lantern light. **
** (81) Ruth looks up above meaningfully, "These few are not the half of the force that took this keep." **
** (85) Amreth grins, "If you're sure you don't mind," he says, drawing it fully to test its weight and balance in his hand. ((Brb)) **
(80) Fildin: "True, we have seen a very small portion so far. We either need some help, or this is going to take a very long time."
(80) Fildin: "Maybe those will help..." he mutters. He takes out his longhorn and softly starts playing a now familiar tune - one that seems very penetrating as the sound, and the scent of roses, pass from the longhorn and spead over the chest, and the entire area around it. (Detect magic)
(90) DM: The blade slides easily out of its sheath. A fine-crafted steel blade upon which are etched several runes. It is otherwise unadorned.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [1,2] = (3),[1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17),[1d20+2
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [8,2] = (10),[1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4),[1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19),[1d20+2
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
** (85) Amreth slides the sword back into it;'s scabbard, and gives Grinkle a wink, "This is what it's all about, big buy." **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21),[1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12),[1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11),[1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9),[1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13),[1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
(90) Grinkle: Oooo.
** (80) Fildin ends his song, although the slightest echos of it can still be heard in everyone's ears, and the scent of roses remains. He picks up one of the darts and looks it over carefully. he then lays it back in place and looks over the entire chest. He even looks over at Ruth for a few seconds, and also at Amreth. He finally glances up at Ruth and the scent of roses immediately disipates. "Well, as we would expect, there are a lot of magical items. Some of them, I have no idea. But I am pretty sure that the potion could help us, and the darts could likely come in handy as well. However, the arrows and ring I have no idea what they do." **
(80) Fildin: "And Amreth, be careful with that sword. I don't know just what those runes will do exactly."
(85) Amreth: "We'll find out in good time. Let's take what'll be of use to us, and have words with Julla."
(90) Grinkle: Um....um....lotz shinies.
(85) Amreth: "..If we can break that enchantment."
(80) Fildin: "Alright, you think this chest will be safe enough left here? Can we still relock it Amreth?"
(81) Ruth: "None of them are supposed to come over here. Just close the doors and take the boards and they will be none the wiser."
** (85) Amreth shrugs, "I suppose I could. But I doubt it's going to be disturbed while we finish securing the place." **
** (85) Amreth nods, "Sounds good to me. I'm going to go see if I can't slap some sense into Grinkle's narcissistic friend." **
(80) Fildin: "Very well." Fildin grabs the darts and the potion out, knowing they are likely to come in handy. He looks to Ruth, "I can't tell how the rest might help us, but these I am sure will."
(90) Grinkle: "Ooo." (turns and follows Amreth out)
** (85) Amreth kneels down, picks up his gloves, tucks them under his belt, and heads back check Julla. **
** (81) Ruth follows back to see what can be done about Julla's situation. **
** (85) Amreth drops his pack, the sheathed sword, and his unstrung bow on the bed, then flexes his fingers, "This is gonna hurt you a lot more than it hurts me.." **
(81) Ruth: "There is some connection to the mirror; breaking the mirror should have some effect."
** (80) Fildin looks back at the chest one last time and turns once he hears Ruth leaving and he moves to catch up. **
** (85) Amreth stops and turns to Ruth, "Uhh, you sure you want to go and break the thing?" **
(85) Amreth: "I was going to try his nose, but the mirror works, too, I guess."
(81) Ruth: "Well, it is simpler to try that first."
** (85) Amreth smiles, steps around Julla, "And a lot mroe fun, to boot," he says, squaring himself, and raising his fist. **
(111) LanceK (enter): 21:58
(90) DM: As expected, Julla is STILL admiring himself in the mirror, drool coming out of the corner of his mouth.
** (85) Amreth stops, and frowns, "This doesn't seem quite fair," he says, slipping a dagger free of the now visible sheathes strapped to his wrists, takes Julla's hand, forcefully places the dagger in it, "There, that's better," he says, and unceremoniously hauls back, and delivers a powerful right hook to Julla's jaw. **
** (80) Fildin reaches the others just as Amreth prepares to punch the hobgoblin. **
** Julla paws at his scruffy head, wiping strands of oily hair back. **
** Julla staggers a bit as Amreth punches him, and turns his head sharply, blinking... **
(90) Julla: "HAY, yub nub hobgoblinz! Grinkle, kum here now!"
(90) DM: (init)
** (85) Amreth stifles a chuckle, and takes a quick step back, hand dropping to the hilt of one of his swords, smirking. **
(80) Fildin: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [9,1] = (10)
(85) Amreth: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
(85) Amreth: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
(85) Amreth: ((Oops))
** Grinkle smirks at Julla, exclaiming, "Here I be, boss." (leans back against the wall to watch the show) **
(81) Ruth: Initiative: [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
(90) DM: (22, Fil)
** (80) Fildin stumbles a few steps back, since Amreth's strike surprised him as well. He fumbles for a moment to get his sling out, and place a stone in it. "Thanks for the warning Amreth." he says, as he prepares to let a bullet fly. (done) **
(90) DM: (R, 21)
(81) Ruth: "Well, it worked."
** (81) Ruth looks about for something to use as a weapon before remembering she's carrying a dagger and tries using that. **
(81) Ruth: Attack: Dagger [1d20] -> [2] = (2). Damage [1d4] -> [2] = (2)
(90) Julla: "Grinkle, HELP me!" (stumbles backwards clumsily as Ruth stabs him in the flank with her dagger)
** Grinkle watches stoically, saying nothing. **
(90) DM: (Am, 11)
(90) DM: (...and misses)
(112) Lunauc (enter): 22:09
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (112) Lunauc...
(90) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(95) Lunauc' from room...
(95) Lunauc (exit): 22:10
(114) Sissfus (enter): 22:10
(114) Sissfus (exit): 22:10
(114) Sissfus (enter): 22:10
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (114) Sissfus...
(90) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(83) Sissfus' from room...
(83) Sissfus (exit): 22:10
** (85) Amreth draws his blades clear of their scabbards, and levels them menacingly at Julla, "Now if I were you, I'd surrender, big fella. You're outnumbered four to one and, well, we're better armed. As an aside, you sort of owe be a bit of a debt, seeing as I free'd you from the enchantment of that mirror there behind me, when none of your underlings would. So, what do you say, little chief?" **
(90) Julla: "Uh....yub nub hobgoblins! Or blak hand!" (shoots a look at Amreth full of hatred)
(90) DM: And most of all, glares at Grinkle.
(90) Julla: "Me gib up." (sullenly)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
** (85) Amreth gestures witha blade to the dagger Julla holds, "Toss that on the bed." **
(80) Fildin: "Balck hand?" he wonders aloud, hoping Amreth will pick up on it.
(80) Fildin: (( *Black ))
** Julla tosses the dagger in his hand on the bed. **
** (80) Fildin keeps a hold of his sling, but he moves around Julia to pick up the dagger with his left hand, so that Julia can't get to it - even if she wanted to later on. **
** (85) Amreth sheathes his weapons again once Julla's given up the weapon, "Alright. What were you saying about 'Black hand?'" **
(90) DM: ((Julla is a he))
(85) Amreth: Next level-definitely taking Knowledge (Local) - Man, there's few Dalesfolk what don't know about the Blak Hand 'o Bane, thanks to Zhent incursions into the Dales.
(85) Amreth: ((Err, oops That was supposed to be group whisper lol))
(90) Julla: "Blak hand. Dat man wid da blak hand. Gib us shinies to kill de wizzie."
(80) Fildin: (( whoops - my bad... ))
(81) Ruth: "I think he tried to say they were hired to kill my uncle."
** Julla nods sullenly. "From humie village. Kum bak here soon." **
(85) Amreth: "If that's so, we'd best double our efforts to arrange for a proper welcome."
** Julla glares at Grinkle, staring daggers at him. **
(80) Fildin: "How? We still have enough to do before the employers get here."
** (85) Amreth follows Julla's eyes to Grinkle, "What do you think should be done with your friend here?" he asks, giving a nod of his head towards Julla. **
** Grinkle simply leans against the wall, folding his arms and ignoring Julla. **
** Grinkle shrugs in response. "Him nub friend. Me nub lik killin." **
** (85) Amreth rests his hands on his hips, and chews his lip as he gives it some thought, eyeing Julla, "Julla is little chief, hmm?" **
(90) Grinkle: "Yub wan oder hobs? Tak his neck...neck...fingers en wear dem." (points to a grisly necklace around Julla's neck on which hang several dried appendages...fingers, all of them)
** Julla blanches at hearing that and tries to hide appearance of the necklace from you. **
(90) Grinkle: "Hobs lik yub wid lotz fingers."
(90) Grinkle: "Me and hobs are de Lostafinga trib."
(85) Amreth: "That actually doesn't sound like a half bad idea. Perhaps we'll add one of his to the collection as well."
(85) Amreth: "Or," he quickly continues before Julla can respond.
(85) Amreth: "Julla can order the rets of his kin back home."
(85) Amreth: "Just how many shinies did the man with with the Black Hand pay you, Julla?"
** Julla narrows his eyes to slits as he peers up at Amreth. "Lotz, stoopid." **
** Julla looks around the room, realizing that he said the wrong thing and shrugs. "Lotz. Dunno." **
(81) Ruth: "I believe he is trying to indicate that he did not feel it was necessary to count them."
(85) Amreth: "Lotz, huh?" he asks, fishing into his vest to retrieve his pouch of gold coins, which he then dumps into his hand, "About this much?" (Just 10 coins)
** Julla sneers at Amreth. "More dan dat. Lotz more." **
(85) Amreth: "And he's already paid you? Or is he supposed to pay you when he comes?"
(90) Julla: Yub pay us? (gives you a shrewd appraising look)
(90) Julla: "He gib us shinies, en kum bak here wid more."
(80) Fildin: "Half now, half later. Standard process."
(85) Amreth: "Wrong. He 'gibs' you shinies, then he comes with his own men, kills you, and takes back what he's already given you."
(85) Amreth: "That is what you would do, isn't it? If you were in his place."
(90) Julla: "Maybe." (sneers)
(90) Julla: "We Lostafinga tribe. We strong. Him only humie."
** Julla proudly displays his necklace to you. On it, you can count no less than five and seventy fingers. Quite a grisly collection. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
(90) Julla: "We Lostafinga tribe. En wen him kums, we kill him. Me follo blak wizzie." (sneers)
(85) Amreth: "Him may only be a humie, but him maybe be wizard, too. It makes sense-one wizard having another killed to take what he wants. And this one who hired you had plenty of shinies, I'd best enough to buy a dozen tribes or more. He'll come back, he'll have his men kill you, and take back what he's paid you so far. Then he'll take what he wanted in the first place, and leave. And the soldiers of people of Cormyr will be none the wiser, thinking this was all just a random hobgoblin raid. He wins, you lose."
(90) Julla: "NO! De blak wizzie knows en sees!"
(85) Amreth: "I'm going to give you just three options, Julla."
** Julla growls and stands up defiantly, glaring at you all. "Blak wizzie in de humie place. Near de halls." **
(80) Fildin: "The halls? Think he means the Haunted Halls?" he mutters to Ruth.
(85) Amreth: "Julla, please. Be quiet. I'm trying very hard not to kill you."
(85) Amreth: "Now as for your choices: First, you can die. I will kill you, and take that necklace of yours for my own."
(85) Amreth: "Second, you can choose to take you kin, and your lives, and leave with the coin you have, and the coin I'll give you as well."
(85) Amreth: "Third, you can choose to help us kill the "blak wizzie" - Then, once he's dead, you can take what he owes you, and whatever else you may wanmt, and leave."
(85) Amreth: "Aside from that, you have no other options. Choose wisely."
(120) Gukmuk (enter): 22:48
** Julla thinks. "Gib us shinies en we leab." **
** (80) Fildin prepares his sling again, just in case. **
** (85) Amreth dumps the coins back into the velvet purpse, "Are you quite sure? I would pay yopu as well for helping us kill your former employer." **
(90) Grinkle: "Tak his fingers so yub talk strong."
** (85) Amreth waits for his final response. **
(90) Julla: "Wizzie mojo strong. Nub kill him."
(120) Gukmuk (exit): 22:50
** (85) Amreth nods, "So be it. Give me the necklace, and then we'll go find what's left of your tribe, so I can pay you, and see you on your way." **
** Julla removes his necklace and gives it to you almost reluctantly. "Yub think lik hob." **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
(90) DM: As he hands over the necklace, he pulls out a hidden dagger from underneath his armor and clumsily tries to twist it in Amreth's ribs, and misses.
** (85) Amreth winces as he takes the necklace, glancing at the others before slipping it over his head and around his neck, "This is what we're going to do, Julla." **
(85) Amreth: "Your kin will leave, but you will stay, as our 'prisoner' - Once we kill the blak wizzie, and we will, have no doubt, you take his fingers. Go back to your tribe, say you fought us, killed us, and escaped. You'll get the rest of your coin as well. Everyone wins."
** (80) Fildin starts to react to the glint of the dagger, but seeing Amreth ignore it, Fildin decides to do the same. **
(90) Julla: "Me nub yours!" (shouts at the top of his lungs) "HELP!!! HELP!!!!"
** (81) Ruth quickly reaches into her belt pouch and incants "Zo Eth" again, this time gesturing at Julla; the coppery sheen coats Julla's dagger, loosing it from his grip. **
(90) Julla: "HELP!!!!"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [4] = (4)
** (85) Amreth sidesteps the attack, and steps around him, lashing out with a fist at his jaw to shut him up again [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9) **
** Julla drops the dagger, still shouting. **
(90) DM: (miss)
** Julla tries to run out of the room. (AOO everyone) **
(81) Ruth: Attack: Dagger [1d20] -> [12] = (12). Damage [1d4] -> [3] = (3)
(90) Julla: "HELP!!!! Humies here!!!! Kill dem all!!!!"
(90) DM: (R, miss)
** (81) Ruth tries to interpose her dagger into Julla's path from the room. **
(80) Fildin: (( no melee weapon, so no AOO from me. ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
** (85) Amreth shifts his footing quickly, and lunges after Julla, trying to grab and hold him, tackle down to the floor if possible: Grapple: [1d20+2] -> [19,2] = (21) **
(90) DM: (that's a hit all right)
(122) Kalliger (enter): 23:02
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [15] = (15)
(122) Kalliger (exit): 23:02
** Julla struggles furiously, shouting as loud as he can. "HELP!!!!" **
(90) DM: (fails to break free)
** (80) Fildin realizes that things have gone from decent, to worse, so he moves over to in front of the mirror, keeping his back to the thing. "Don't think that you can get by us you stupid ugly ecesuse for a goblin." he says to Julia, trying to goad the hobgoblin into looking at him - and the mirror. **
** (85) Amreth slips a leg between Julla's two, and attempts to wrench Julla about and take him down to the gound. **
** Julla tries to look up in vain at Fildin and then catches sight of himself in the mirror. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [20] = (20)
** (85) Amreth topples to the ground with Julla, "Dagger!" **
(90) Julla: "Me smart, humie! Me nub fall to mojo trik!"
** Julla continues struggling with Amreth. For a fat, ungainly hobgoblin, he seems to be almost as strong as Amreth. **
** (85) Amreth releases his hold and holds his hand up to Fil for the weapon. **
(80) Fildin: "It was worth a shot. He realizes that Amreth probably can't get the dagger anyway, so Fildin releases his sling and holds the dagger, and steps up to try to stab Julia, easily aiming low.
** (81) Ruth tries to get her dagger to Amreth. "Honestly, I do little good with it." **
(80) Fildin: "It was worth a shot. He realizes that Amreth probably can't get the dagger anyway, so Fildin releases his sling and holds the dagger, and steps up to try to stab Julia, easily aiming low./ooc whoops.
(80) Fildin: (( what the? sorry, issues... ))
(90) DM: (he's prone so I believe that's a +4 ((someone check please)) to the melee roll)
(112) Sushil: (yup)
(80) Fildin: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
(80) Fildin: (( guessing miss.. oh well, the +4 didn't help. Is Amreth taking the one from Ruth? ))
** (85) Amreth attempts to press the hobgoblin's head down into the floor with his free hand, and brings the dagger across his throat simultaniously. [1d20+6] -> [12,6] = (18) **
(90) DM: (damage)
(85) Amreth: [1d4+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
** Julla gurgles and dies. **
** (80) Fildin gets confused by all the motion, not being used to getting involved in melee action - so he misses wide and moves out of the way of everyone. **
** (85) Amreth grimly continues to work, slicing completely through Julla's neckbone, and pulls his head free, then retches off to the side.. **
** (81) Ruth turns away as the blood starts to spread from Amreth's grisly work. **
** (80) Fildin sits against the wall, having ended up there after half-stumbling, half-moving to get out of the action. **
** (85) Amreth coughs, and sputters up what remained of his last meal, and wipes his mouth with his bloodied sleeve, before rolling off the corpe to the side where there's no blood, "Gods.." **
** (80) Fildin watches Amreth, unable to turn away. He waits for a few moments after everyone settles, and he remains sitting, listening, wondering if the entire tribe is going to come rushing in now. **
** (85) Amreth takes a deep, raged breath, then exhales forcefully enough to spew what reguritation remains in his mouth on the decapitated Julla. **
** (80) Fildin finally looks away from the sight, concentrating instead on the doorway. **
(90) DM: For all the shouting, there doesn't seem to have been any (much) reaction. Silence prevails.
** (85) Amreth wipes his mouth again, and arches both brows at Grinkle, looking rather pale, but not sick enough to fail to joke about the situation, "Me nub lik killin' needer." **
** (85) Amreth gets to his feet again after a few moments spent catching his breath, and slips on a glove before picking up Julla's severed head, and offering the dagger back to Ruth,"..Let's get this over with." **
** (81) Donovan looks at the dagger a moment before recognizing it. "Oh. Uh. Thanks." **
** (81) Ruth looks at the dagger a moment before recognizing it. "Oh. Uh. Thanks." **
** (80) Fildin finally stands and walks over to the doorway.
He looks at the dagger in his hand. "Apparently I can't hit the broad side of a hobgoblin with this thing." He looks back to Amreth, avoiding looking at the ground - and hands the dagger back to him - hilt first. **

** Grinkle looks over to the side, violently ill and closes his eyes tightly shut. **
** (85) Amreth unsheathes one of his own swords, and smears the blade against Julla's bleeding throat, before exiting the room into the hall way, leaving the remainder of his belongings there. **
** (85) Amreth also took his dagger back)). **
** (80) Fildin looks around at the passing of daggers and just shakes his head. He ties his sling back in place on his belt and prepares to head out. **
(90) DM: Julla's now headless body falls to the floor with a dull thud. A clink of coins and a faint rattle can be heard as it does so.
** (81) Ruth wipes her dagger on something on the bed and then puts it away. **
** (85) Amreth heads back into the room leading to the stairs. **
** (80) Fildin gladly follows Amreth out, leaving the corpse where it falls. **
(85) Amreth: ((Any of his kin heard coming?))
(80) Fildin: (( brb ))
** (85) Amreth mutters to Ruth, "Hopefully you've got something fancy in store, should my attempts to frighten the others into leaving fail. Something flashy, so when I threaten them all with the wrath of my mighty wizard, they'll listen up." **
(90) DM: ((it doesn't appear to be the case))
** (85) Amreth begins to make his way up the stairs, hopefully with the others not too far behind. **
(90) DM: The stairs ascend to a small room within which you can see a well in one corner. Turning around as you come to a landing, there can be seen a door leading out. It's closed. By the look of the light coming from outside, it appears to be late afternoon.
(125) Lunauc (enter): 23:35
** (80) Fildin follows Amreth, reaching his hand into his pouch where he put the darts, just in case. **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (125) Lunauc...
(90) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(112) Lunauc' from room...
(112) Lunauc (exit): 23:35
** (85) Amreth nods to the door, "Hands rather full. Try and open that door, please?" **
** (80) Fildin moves over to the door and listens at it for a moment. **
** (81) Ruth follows up the stairs, now bearing a loaded crossbow. **
** (80) Fildin whispers back. "There are at least a couple others moving around, but they sound to be higher up." he waits for the others to make sure they are ready before opening the door. **
** (85) Amreth holds the head up and cocks a brow when Fildin looks back and pauses. **
** (80) Fildin uses his left hand to reach out and opens the door a crack. **
** (81) Ruth puts out the lantern as the door is opened. **
** (80) Fildin peeks out past the door. **
(90) DM: (have to go map for a bit. brb)
(90) DM: (pls ignore the compass rose)
(90) DM: (each square is 10')
(90) DM: (you're in room 7, peeking out into the courtyard)
** (85) Amreth steps forward and pushes the door fully open with a foot, and steps out into the larger room beyond. **
** (80) Fildin steps to the side as Amreth pushes by.
**

** (85) Amreth mutters quietly to himself, remembering the Tymoran saying, "Fortune favors the bold.." **
(80) Fildin: 'The sentries" he mutters under his breath as he realizes they are on ground level now, and he was likely hearing the hobgoblins he saw when scouting.
(114) Sissfus: Disconnecting from server...
(114) Sissfus (exit): 00:00
(90) DM: Beyond is a large courtyard. Directly to your right is a porticullis in the down position. A perimeter wall encircles the courtyard, and you can definitely hear someone or a group of someones patrolling above you. The courtyard is otherwise empty. By the look of th sky, it's late afternoon going on to early evening. ((OOC: Keep in mind its early Eleasias (August)))

Strong odors can be detected coming from a few feet away...strong odiferous aromas.

(90) DM: A standard can be seen planted on the ground in the center of the courtyard. The ground is paved stone with grass growing in between the cracks. The standard is a dirty mustard-yellow cloth banner emblazoned with a picture of a hairy hand that is missing a pinky finger.
** (85) Amreth decides that instead of searching the rest of the interior or challenging those outside, he moves towards the center of the large room, and screams at the top of his lungs, "Come! Come and meet your dooms, orc-begotten dogs!" **
** (80) Fildin looks back at Ruth. "Did he go insane?" **
** (81) Ruth follows Amreth out arrogantly. **
** (81) Ruth whispers, "A little warning would be good next time." **
** (85) Amreth glances over his shoulder, "I told you that I hoped you had something sutibly impressive to display to them." **
** (80) Fildin prepares to follow, but decides to wait and help from the shadows. **
(151) Lunauc (enter): 00:08
** (85) Amreth glances at either of the doors infront of of him, then at the stairs, then turns and looks to the larger doors leading outside into the courtyard, impatiently, he repeats the challenge, though with greater, more vulgar verbosity. **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (151) Lunauc...
(90) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(125) Lunauc' from room...
(125) Lunauc (exit): 00:09
(90) DM: Three hobgoblins peer over from their positions on the wall. One of them begins yelling and runs over to a large gong perched next to what appears to be a gatehouse atop the porticullis.
** Grinkle peers out from the door leading to the well room. "Uh-oh." **
** (85) Amreth hears the gong sound, and smiles at Fil and Ruth, "Think I got their attention?" **
(90) DM: (stopping in 10 minutes)
** (80) Fildin looks at Grinkle. "Now things get interesting." **
(90) DM: A large, fat, almost obese hobgoblin in ill-fitting armor waddles to the gong, raises a mallet and strikes it with all his might.
** (80) Fildin pulls out his longhorn at the sound of the gong. **
(90) DM: Suddenly, a pair of double doors at the far end of the courtyard ((OOC: to room 6)) opens wide and lots of hobgoblins come pouring out, some in various states of undress and others in full alert. They see Amreth and charge.
** (85) Amreth wildly wide eyed, and flashing a toothy grin, he rolls the head of Julla, frozen ina mask of terror and anger, across the floor to bump into hobgoblin feet, raising his bloodied blade to his side, and inclining his head to display the necklace of fingers about his neck. **
** (80) Fildin starts playing his longhorn at the sight of the hobgoblin mass. The song is one with an upbeat sound that makes the listener want to move more and remain alert. ((Inspire Courage)) **
(90) DM: As one, the hobgoblins look at you, then at Julla's head, then back at Amreth. As one, a collective series of groans are heard. As one, they drop to their knees, except for one.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [4] = (4)
** (85) Amreth inclines his chin further, eyes fixed on the one to yet remains standing, "You will defy me?" **
(90) Shar-Kee: "Yub nub hobgoblin! But yub kill Julla. Yub blak hand." (bows in respect)
** Shar-Kee bows but does not bend his knee. "Me Shar-Kee, little big chief." **
** (85) Amreth swollows hard, and glances to his right at Fil and Ruth, giving them a barely noticable shrug, "Very good. Shar-Kee, the services of your tribe are no longer required. You have served your purpose well. You have the spoils of your raid, and many shinies. You'll be given what you are still owed by the black hand, then you are to leave, before the purple soldiers of the king come to slay you all." **
** Shar-Kee peers at you and pauses as if to think for a moment. "Yub tak nub lik oder blak hand man." (shrugs) "Gib us shinies en we leab. Me nub lik dis place anyway." **
(85) Amreth: "How I speak, Big Chief Shar-Kee, is none of your concern. Come with me," he says, and starts towards the room to head back down stairs, "The rest of your men will remain here."
** Shar-Kee nods, and follows you. One of the other hobgoblins tries to follow but Shar-Kee slaps him aside as he does so. **
(90) Shar-Kee: "Him call me Big Chief Shar-Kee. Him nub tak lik oder blak hand man. Me like." (grins toothily)
** (85) Amreth nods to the others, and tries to usher them back down stairs, muttering to Ruth, "Might need to borrow a small portion of your inheritance. Don't carry much coin on me." **
** (80) Fildin stops playing once things calm down, and he steps to the side of the doorway, back against the wall as Amreth and Shar-Kee pass by. **
(90) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)
Attempting to DISABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now unmoderated
(85) Amreth: Phew.
** (85) Amreth wipes brow. **


Back to Forgotten Realms Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms