Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
15 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
15 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Forgotten Realms Logs
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (38) Zane

Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (38) Zane...
(42) TaliesinNYC: I'm not going to be able to run a full session tonight
(42) TaliesinNYC: coming down with a cold that's gotten worse today
(35) Olbernath: s'okay
(38) Zane: understandable.
(35) Olbernath: i've been sort of pre-cold for a week.
(42) TaliesinNYC: so we'll see how it goes
(19) Amreth: And we're missing our fearless leader, anyway.
(42) TaliesinNYC: oh?
(42) TaliesinNYC: the snoring tree?
(42) TaliesinNYC: ^ ^
(42) TaliesinNYC: I'm going to cheat and put the tree in the middle of town
(42) TaliesinNYC: anyway, taking a shower and brb in a few
(42) TaliesinNYC: someone remind Matt and GrimScorpio we're here pls
(19) Amreth: That one, too. Meant Ruth though.
(35) Olbernath: Not sure of Ruth is our leader, but our current adventure seems to revolve aroundher.
(19) Amreth: Leaderforthemoment then.
(35) Olbernath: the leader is good the leader is great, we surrender our will, as of this date.
(24) Dj Gilcrease: Oh just incase you didnt read the update meessage when Open updated today You can now send emotes from whisper tabs and they will not show up in the main room for all to see
(44) ticattack (enter): 20:51
(44) ticattack (exit): 20:52
(44) ticattack (enter): 20:52
(42) TaliesinNYC: you need to update the site to show the correct link to 1.7.0
(42) TaliesinNYC: DJ
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (44) ticattack...
(44) ticattack: Erm... DJ, also, there seems to be an issue with the 3eprofiler. I can't remember my password, and it doesn't seem to be sending an email out...
(42) DM: ((I might have to cut things short tonight because I'm coming down with a cold. Let Dennis (GrimScorpio) know this when he gets on.))
(24) Dj Gilcrease: it has the correct link. it takes them to a page that tells them how to update and such
(42) DM: ((so does anyone need a recap?))
(35) Olbernath: ( yes )
(42) DM: ((PCs met Tsharliira, she discloses the reason why she and Edaeras had a falling out...something to do with a treasure in the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar that should have been left alone, you get a map that shows where Ruth's uncle's keep is located and you meet a halfling named Kalla.))
(42) DM: ((of course, Kalla's PC is not here yet...))
(44) ticattack (exit): 21:02
(51) ticattack (enter): 21:03
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (51) ticattack...
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, you're not going to be here this weekend, correct?
(38) Zane: (( so, we leave her in the tree. This way we don't have to figure out quite yet how we convince her to go back quasi the way she came. ))
(42) TaliesinNYC: ((ok))
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(42) DM: Looking at the map, you estimate that Edaeras' keep is about four or five days travel, east of Eveningstar.
(42) DM: You seem to recall from the reading of the will that a frontal assault might not be a good idea...that there was a side entrance to the keep. Unfortunately, the map doesn't reveal that location.
Fildin: (( so, It's the next morning and we are together, planning now? ))
(42) DM: ((yes))
(42) DM: However..
(52) No Name (enter): 21:08
(42) DM: East of the keep, there seems to be another clearing. Within it can be seen "graveyard" marked on the map. The location of the graveyard is clearly within the boundaries of the keep's land.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (52) Kalla...
(42) DM: ((you're together except for the snoring tree. ^^))
** (35) Olbernath sighs, "Well, I hope one o' ye knows somethin' about stormin' castles, 'cause I sure as stone don't." **
** Fildin points out the graveyard. "We should probably start there. Of course, we have a long trip to get even that far, but that 'graveyard' would be a good location for a back door. **
** (52) Kalla points in the direction of the graveyard with her staff and asks, "Do you think its a good idea to be pokin' around in a graveyard?" **
(19) Amreth: "Not if one believes every graveyeard on Toril is swarming with the undead. Which, of course, is silly."
(35) Olbernath: "I heard o' more folks died from orcs than hauntin's."
Fildin: "Well, it sounds like a good place to start looking for a way in. It's a little bit off, so should be out of sight from the keep. Now, I don't suggest we start digging every grave up by any means, but there might be something there that can help us."
(52) Kalla: "I didn't say anything about haunting! Would you like it if people went and poked around where your parents were buried?"
(19) Amreth: "I only hope a few formerly wealthy individuals are buried there. It's not like they're still in need of whatever wealth may lie buried with them."
** (52) Kalla shakes her head slightly, "But, we can go if you think thats where we can find some answers to our questions." **
(35) Olbernath: "Well, it's Ruth's family. Ye can ask her."
Joryn: "Robbing graves is never a good idea, regardless of whether the inhabitants need their belongings anymore"
(35) Olbernath: "By my beard, who's talkin' 'bout robbin?"
Fildin: "Agreed, I just figured that was a good spot for a back entrance. But we can discuss it on the way."
(35) Olbernath: "Aye, as Fildin says."
** (52) Kalla nods in agreement, and motions with her staff, "Lead on!" **
Joryn: (To Olbernath) "That'd be Amreth"
(19) Amreth: "Quite right."
** (35) Olbernath raises an eyebrow and strokes his goatee, "I think it's a fine beard, an' nicely trimmed." **
** Fildin smiles big. "Then if we are all ready, let's go. Adventure awaits." **
(35) Olbernath: "An' I don' always get food in it, nor get whiskers in my mouth... not like some."

(35) Olbernath: (( Well, he doesn't have to have it in his pocket. ))
(35) Olbernath: (( He trusts you... foolishly enough. ; ))
Fildin: (( oh, it is as safe with Fildin as it would be with anyone else. ))
(35) Olbernath: (( Plus, he does have the journal/spellbook, even if it only has a couple spells ))
(53) DM: Looking closely at the map, you can see that the keep seems to be situated in a large clearing atop a small hill, surrounded by a moat. It doesn't seem to be otherwise detailed. You suspect that some reconaissance is in order.
(54) ticattack (enter): 21:31
(52) Kalla: "Well, are we gonna traipse right in and make ourselves welcome or does anyone know anything about the place?"
(35) Olbernath: "We've got a few days ta worry 'bout that. Once we get close, we can worry 'bout takin' a closer look."
** Fildin uses some of the party treasure of coins to get a few provisions that get packed with those that have room in their backpacks as everyone prepares to head out of town. He doesn't load up a lot, figuring they can also get some things from the wilderness as they travel. ((about two days rations for each person bought)) **
(52) Kalla: "Ah, alright then."
** (35) Olbernath borrows the map to study it for possible clues from the architecture. **
(55) ticattack (enter): 21:37
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (55) ticattack...
(53) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(54) ticattack' from room...
(54) ticattack (exit): 21:39
** Fildin takes out his longhorn and takes up a peppy tune to aid in the companion's long march. The tune seems to add a half step to the march, keeping it moving along, but the travelers don't seem to tired as easily as they might normally. **
(53) DM: (going to FF a bit)
** Fildin approaches Amreth during one break and speaks with him a moment before they set off again. **
Fildin: (( ok, just wanted to get that in... ))
(53) DM: A few hours out of town, you're travelling along the main road east. All seems to be quiet, with rolling farmland giving way to wooded hills to your left, and the King's Forest to your right.
(55) ticattack (exit): 21:46
(53) DM: It's a lazy peaceful summer's day. And at first you thought you were hearing things, but you've double checked to make sure. A snore....no, a series of rasping snores....as if a tree is in pain.
(35) Olbernath: ( ...? )
(53) DM: As you round the bend, there's the source of the snoring. A halfling, much like Kalla in appearance, except she's lounging against a fallen oak log covered in moss that partially juts out across the road.
** Fildin ceases his playing, allowing everyone to hear the snores better. "Strange." **
(35) Olbernath: "Aye, 'tis."
Voice: A gentle looking Haling woman seems to be napping, using a very large cat for a pillow, her clothing is all in tones of green and bown, as is her hair. She has a scimitar hanging from her hip. as well as a a small pouch with a few herbs poking out of the top. There is nothing out of the ordinary about her at all, except what she is leaning aginst.

The animal the gentle halfling is napping on is similar to appearance to a cat, except it seems to have the front of it's face pealed back so you can see the bone and musculature of it's skull. The sight is quite disturbing. and is making a low growling noise

** Fildin stops at the sight. "Uh, nice kitty." **
** Hin Woman raises from he nap and pats the animal and lays her head back down **
** (52) Kalla raises an eyebrow and holds her staff up in defense, using it much as one would use a spear to keep an enemy at bay. **
** (19) Amreth sighs deeply, rolling his eyes, giving serious consideration to turning on his heel and marching himself back the way they've come, "..You have to be kidding me." **
(35) Olbernath: "A strange scene, indeed... perhaps they're best left undisturbed..."
Fildin: "Perhaps..." he says, but he doesn't sound convinced as he comes across yet another halfling unexpectedly.
(56) ticattack (enter): 21:55
** (35) Olbernath quietly, "I don' like tha looks o' her companion is all." **
Fildin: "Well, I don't want to disturb the cat, or whatever it is, either.
(35) Olbernath: "Let sleepin' cats lie, that's what I say. 'specially if they got their faces peeled off."
(19) Amreth: "Looks to be a bloody Krenshar. Not the prettiest of beasts. But, look at it this way, Fil," he says with a grin, "She's obviously not too concerved with personal beauty. You might have chance!"
** Fildin looks around a little with a strange look. **
** (52) Kalla looks at the others and shrugs slightly, she puts her staff down and uses it as a walking stick as she approaches the pair. "Hey! You there! Kalla of the StoutHeart tribe! Whatcha doin' nappin' way out here?" **
** Fildin chuckles, and holds up a hand to his companions. **
** (35) Olbernath sighs and nods, wishing she might have said something sooner... **
** Hin Woman laughs **
Fildin: (( holds a hand up, as if asking them to wait a moment... realized that might need an explination. ))
** Hin Woman sits up and looks at those watching her **
** (19) Amreth checks a pocket, nods to himself, and continues onwards ahead of the rest. **
Hin Woman: "Evil beasts you say, in these woods?"
** Fildin smiles at the woman. "Not so much these woods, as they are a number of days travel ahead of us." **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (56) ticattack...
whispering to ticattack, this isn't good. its your connection?
** (52) Kalla studies the hin woman curiously, a small smile on her face. **
Vadania: "I am Vadania Gnoll Slayer, I am searching for some new woods to protect, and some woods with evil beasts sounds like a good start"
Fildin: "Fildin Wildstrider, pleased to meet you."
(35) Olbernath: "Olbernath Barrelstone. Nice ta meet ye, Lady Slayer."
** (35) Olbernath grins. **
(52) Kalla: "Good to meet'cha Vadania. Though I can't say I know what a gnoll is really. Are they anything like a Yuan-ti?" She asks more to Fildin than the feral woman.
Fildin: "Hmm, a gnoll is more dog than lizard."
Fildin: (( and I hope I got that right... ))
(35) Olbernath: "Aye, a big dog what walks around on his hind legs."
(35) Olbernath: "Sorta like furry orcs."
** Vadania nods "Dont know what a Yaun`Ti is, but what Fildin and Olbernath say is true" **
Vadania: "Would you mind if I traveled with you, always good to have companions, and several Him is nice to see as well. Since I was banished I have not seen another"
Fildin: "I would have no objection, and I doubt anyone else would." Fildin looks around to see if there are any objections.
** (52) Kalla shrugs her shoulders and smiles at Vadania, "No problems here." **
(35) Olbernath: "Well... I suppose not... though I must say, ye sure din't pick tha prettiest o' the litter fer a companion. Looks like 'e gotta bad case o' flop-face."
** Hile growls **
** (35) Olbernath steps back... **
Fildin: "No objections then. Welcome to... Well, we don't have a name yet I guess."
** Vadania pats Hile "His name is Hile, and if you knew anything about his kind you may be a little more carefull of what you say" **
Fildin: "Hello Hile, would you like to alsom come and help remove some evil beasts that have taken something that doesn't belong to them?"
Vadania: "He goes where I go"
(35) Olbernath: "No offense meant." he smiles weakly, "My folk have a silly preference fer faces with skin on 'em. But ta each his own."
** Fildin shrugs, "Still can't hurt to be polite to ask, can it?" Fildin flashes a very charming smile to Vadania. **
(52) Kalla: "What exactly is flop face?" Kalla asks as she looks over at Olbernath. Not being the shy type, she reaches over and scratches the cub behind an ear.
Vadania: "So where is it we are headding?"
Vadania: (( his face has skin except when he growls he pulls is back ))
** (35) Olbernath glances at Kalla, as if he'd prefer to leave the subject behind. **
Fildin: "The easternmost point of the King's Forest."
** Hile purs slightly **
Vadania: "I have not been that far, and Kings forest you say? I did not know this forest already had a protector." **frowns slightly**
** (52) Kalla smiles brightly at the cub and looks at the others. "Bah. Forests can never have too many protectors. My whole tribe protects part of Lluirwood." **
** Vadania piks up he pack and whistles to Hile, who quickly turns around and lays down as Vadania mounts **
Fildin: "Exactly. There are more than one evil force trying to overrun different woods, so why not have multiple protectors to defend them?"
Vadania: "I used to be a Protector of Chondalwood, untill they found fit to banish me" **Has a slight catch in her voice**
(52) Kalla: "Why's that?" Kalla asks as she produces a piece of root from a pouch. She takes a bit off of it and chews it absently as they walk along.
Fildin: "Well, it seems as if we could use your help, if you have no other commitments at the time." Fildin intentionally doesn't mention the banishment, figuring it is a touching subject still.
(35) Olbernath: (afk a sec)
Fildin: (( *touchy ))
(52) Kalla: (Kalla has about as much finesse as a wrecking ball)
Fildin: (( lol ))
Vadania: "I's a long story, purhaps we should be on our way as I retell it."
** Vadania whistles like bird and Hile stands up ready to move **
Fildin: "Very well." Fildin starts to head off with Vadania, letting the others follow as they will.
** Vadania recounts the tale of her life in Chondalwood as the continue their journy **
** (35) Olbernath snorts, and mutters to himself, "Well, we sure are a trustin' lot" **
** Fildin listens intently to Vadania's story, missing Olbernath's comment. **
Vadania: (( just sent yall the tale as it is long dont want to recide the whole thing in chat ))
Fildin: (( yeah, got it. ))
(52) Kalla: (Likewise)
Joryn: ((Aye. Got it))
Fildin: "So, that was why they banished you..." Fildin mutters as Vadania finishes her tale. "I guess they had their reasons, but it still seems wrong to me."
(56) ticattack (exit): 22:38
** Vadania looks around after finishing her tale Aye wipes a tear from her eye **
** (35) Olbernath nods. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [1] = (1)
Fildin: "Well, there is nothing that can be done about the past. So, now you have a new group that you have a choice to work with, and a new place that needs protection." Fildin then takes his longhorn out and begins playing an upbeat tune. It has chords of loss in it, but they seem to be overwhelmed with the main theme of new beginnings and times to come.
(60) ticattack (enter): 22:42
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (60) ticattack...
** Vadania smiles at the music **
(53) DM: (ok, doing some FFing)
(53) DM: A few days later, you're closer to the site of the keep than before.
Fildin: (( I'd hope so... ))
(53) DM: ((Spot.))
Vadania: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20)
(35) Olbernath: Spot: Check : [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
(52) Kalla: [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14)
Fildin: Spot: [1d20+0] -> [7,0] = (7)
(53) DM: There's smoke in the distance, where you would expect the keep to be.
Fildin: (( an abundant amount of smoke? ))
** Vadania dismounts "Theres smoke ahead" **
(53) DM: ((no, just a single column.))
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, and movement. you can barely see figures moving around what seems to be some sort of walkway or battlement.
** Fildin squints, "Oh yes, I see. Well, we should be getting close, so it makes sense." **
(35) Olbernath: "I think we'd do well to move cautiously from here on."
** Joryn nods. "Agreed". **
(52) Kalla: "Probably so," Kalla says, agreeing with the others.
Fildin: "Yes, it might be a good idea to get a better look at the keep, albiet from a distance."
Vadania: "There are several things moving around walkway as well"
Fildin: "Well, you definatly have better eyes than I do then. Can you tell anything about the layout of the keep from here?"
Vadania: "No I cannot"
Fildin: "Ok, how about a couple of us try to get closer and a view. The rest can wait, or go start trying to find out if there is a backdoor in around the graveyard."
(52) Kalla: "Think its a good idea to split up when we don't know what we're dealin' with?"
(35) Olbernath: "Are any o' ye particular good at sneakin' round?"
Fildin: "Well, as long as people don't decide to run off and try to take on the army by themselves, we should be ok."
(52) Kalla: "Alright, then.."
** Joryn shakes his head. "Not me. I don't think we should be splitting up either, but sometimes it's necessary. And I'd rather have an idea of what we're up against before we all charge in." **
(35) Olbernath: "Aye... if they spot one person walkin' about, like as not won't raise their gaurd too much... but our entire band might get 'em movin'."
(35) Olbernath: "But all tha better if that one person don' get spotted. So, as I was askin'... anyone particular sneaky among us?"
Vadania: "I agree, Hile and I can move around quiet like. Had to do it all the time while tracking Gnolls"
Fildin: "I am decent at doing so."
(35) Olbernath: "Well, one's better than two. Ye ain' there ta fight."
(35) Olbernath: "An' ye'll be out in tha open, not in tha woods."
(52) Kalla: "Dun' look at me, I can't creep around too well.."
** Vadania looks at Fildin **
** (35) Olbernath smiles, "All I got goin' is me size, an' that don' set me apart in this company." **
Fildin: (( how much brush and such is there around the keep? Not necessarily diretly around it, but within a range where we can get maybe half decent views? ))
(35) Olbernath: "It's too bad Ruth ain' here with us now. That raven o' hers woulda come in real handy 'bout now."
Fildin: "Maybe we go different directions, to get as much information as possible. Number of guards, any good information on the layout would help as well." he asks Vadania.
** Vadania nods to Fildin and mounts back up on Hile and heads off to the left **
(53) DM: ((It seems to be set within a large clearing per the map. You would need to do some scouting.))
Fildin: "We'll be back shortly." he tells the others as he heads into the woods/brush to the right.
(53) DM: ((stopping in 30 minutes because I'm coming down with a cold (have been since Monday actually and I didn't want to call tonight's session off on short notice)))
Fildin: (( k ))
Joryn: ((Ok))
(52) Kalla: (No problem)
(35) Olbernath: "Well, we'll wait here eagerly for your return."
** (35) Olbernath takes a seat and begins stuffing his pipe. **
** (52) Kalla wanders around the immediate area, keeping an eye on things so they don't get ambushed. **
whispering to Zane, TaliesinNYC, Dj Gilcrease, (GW): test
whispering to Zane, TaliesinNYC, Dj Gilcrease, (GW): the clearing is 250' feet or thereabouts as far as you can see
whispering to Zane, TaliesinNYC, Dj Gilcrease, (GW): the keep is situated atop a low hill which makes it possible for those on the battlements, which appear to be hobgoblins, to see anyone within the clearing
whispering to Zane, TaliesinNYC, Dj Gilcrease, (GW): there is a moat which surrounds the keep. you can't see what's in it. the drawbridge is up and appears to be made of solid wood. off to the side (not clearly seen) is a gatehouse.
whispering to Zane, TaliesinNYC, Dj Gilcrease, (GW): there seems to be about five or six hobgoblins atop the battlements. they don't seem to be particularly alert....though you could be wrong. A few of them might be archers
whispering to Zane, TaliesinNYC, Dj Gilcrease, (GW): the walls are 20' high. set in the N wall is a smokestack that emits smoke into the air. this is the source of the smoke column you saw from the road.
Joryn: ((AFK a few))
Vadania: (( Lag check ))
(52) Kalla: Check.
Joryn: ((I can read you))
(52) Kalla: (Did our DM pass out?)
Joryn: ((Possible))
Vadania: (( ok just checking, hope not keyboard imprints on the face hurt when you wake up ))
(35) Olbernath: ( I thought you guys were whispering your sneaking around )
Fildin: (( We were, but we got done... As long as we weren't busted.\ ))
(35) Olbernath: (( Well, the half hour's just about up anyway ))
(52) Kalla: (Aye)
(35) Olbernath: ( Well, I'm going to get some sleep. )
(35) Olbernath: ( Night folks )
Joryn: ((Adios))
(35) Olbernath: Disconnecting from server...
(35) Olbernath (exit): 23:36
(52) Kalla: (Alright. See ya.)
(53) DM: (I'm here. was in GW land with our two scouters)
(52) Kalla: (NP)
(53) DM: (but might as well stop here for the nonce. Oh yes, next session, someone should roll a Listen and Spot check.)
(53) DM: :)
(52) Kalla: (Hehe. Alright)




Back to Forgotten Realms Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms