Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
6 users online
3 Registered
0 Hidden
3 Guests
Registered Users: Igorweild, Jamesler, Lyubaweild


Back to Damrosil Logs
[Sat Oct 13 21:34:34 2007] : (262) Zane (enter): 21:34

[Sat Oct 13 21:34:34 2007] : (262) Zane (enter): 21:34
[Sat Oct 13 21:34:35 2007] : (271) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 21:34
[Sat Oct 13 21:34:35 2007] : (273) Donovan (enter): 21:34
[Sat Oct 13 21:34:35 2007] : (274) Lunauc (enter): 21:34
[Sat Oct 13 21:34:42 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (278) TaliesinNYC...
[Sat Oct 13 21:34:52 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: well Jon is going to be late
[Sat Oct 13 21:34:58 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: and I dunno where Daelan is
[Sat Oct 13 21:35:05 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: and DJ is definitely not with you
[Sat Oct 13 21:35:12 2007] : (262) Zane: Yeah...
[Sat Oct 13 21:37:07 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: so I think we should wait until either Daelan or Cael gets here
[Sat Oct 13 21:37:27 2007] : (262) Zane: I agree.
[Sat Oct 13 21:43:46 2007] : (262) Zane: BRB
[Sat Oct 13 21:46:04 2007] : (279) Daelan (enter): 21:46
[Sat Oct 13 21:46:47 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (279) Daelan...
[Sat Oct 13 21:47:20 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: there he is
[Sat Oct 13 21:47:24 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: give me a few min
[Sat Oct 13 21:48:53 2007] : (280) J.C. (enter): 21:48
[Sat Oct 13 21:49:07 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (280) J.C....
[Sat Oct 13 21:49:34 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: I'm uploading pix to my cpu from my digicam so it'll be a few minutes
[Sat Oct 13 21:49:42 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: while we were waiting
[Sat Oct 13 21:50:37 2007] : (280) J.C.: I would have been on about 20 minutes ago, but the the whole network was down here when I got back, so I had to fix that first.
[Sat Oct 13 21:51:32 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: mm hmm
[Sat Oct 13 21:51:40 2007] : (280) J.C.: I also picked up some Red Bull before getting here, so I'm going to try lasting as long as I can.
[Sat Oct 13 21:52:52 2007] : (274) Lunauc: Hmm.. wouldn't the addition of wings, with they mass of energy they require to use and the straining of regular blood flow to accomidate them, actually make a human weaker..?
[Sat Oct 13 21:53:17 2007] : (280) J.C.: Luckily I mix it with Mountain Dew, thus negating the wings, and the nasty aftertaste.
[Sat Oct 13 21:53:28 2007] : (262) Zane: back, and we got a full house. :-)
[Sat Oct 13 21:53:48 2007] : (274) Lunauc: but what do you do about the horrible mountain dew taste?
[Sat Oct 13 21:54:02 2007] : (280) J.C.: Cry
[Sat Oct 13 21:54:06 2007] : (262) Zane: Two bad tastes make a good taste?
[Sat Oct 13 21:54:37 2007] : (280) J.C.: I had a friend mix it with Coke once... it wasn't a successful trial run.
[Sat Oct 13 21:54:43 2007] : (274) Lunauc: I thought two wrongs didn't make a right.. except in politics
[Sat Oct 13 21:54:51 2007] : (262) Zane: Oh wait - it's "Two wrongs Don't make a right", so nevermind.
[Sat Oct 13 21:55:05 2007] : (280) J.C.: No, in politics its "We're never wrong, always right."
[Sat Oct 13 21:55:41 2007] : (271) Dj Gilcrease: The only way I can drink Red Bull in in Yeger Bombs
[Sat Oct 13 21:56:02 2007] : (271) Dj Gilcrease: Even then I would just assume to skip the Red Bull and just go strait Yeger
[Sat Oct 13 21:56:18 2007] : (280) J.C.: Yeah, I bought it to keep me awake on the highway and through the game, so Yeger Bombs were out of the question.
[Sat Oct 13 21:56:29 2007] : (280) J.C.: At least for the highway part.
[Sat Oct 13 22:07:52 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: ok, let's go
[Sat Oct 13 22:07:56 2007] : Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sat Oct 13 22:07:57 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
[Sat Oct 13 22:08:05 2007] : (262) Zane: lead the way.
[Sat Oct 13 22:09:27 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: What has gone before: (189) Rhian: "Well, what are your plans?"
** (202) Morti nods to Liliandra, and waits for her to turn away before carefully feeding food in under his mask. **
(203) Thom: "Next would be the catacombs. Since the apparent source of trouble here is this Most High Vengence and she works out of the catacombs, we're planning to heard there."
(189) Rhian: "I had a visit last night in tel'aran'rhiod."
(189) Rhian: "Ah. Well, Drenla and I will accompany you."
(203) Thom: "I thought you were in your room all night."
(202) Morti: "Eh.. I didn't even know you went anywhere."
(189) Rhian: "I was in my room. Walking the dream realm, and sleeping after my little adventure." (eats)
(203) Thom: "Dream realm? So, you dreamed about someone? Is that all that strange?"
(189) Rhian: "There seems to have been a little...disturbance at the Tower. I shall have to think carefully on whether or not I want to continue there."
(202) Morti: "Oh.." :holds a bit of fruit down under the table, whistling for Moiraine:
(189) Rhian: "In a manner of speaking. To those Sisters who are skilled in dreamwalking, it is possible sometimes to visit places and speak to people as if one were present, though only in dreams. There is a mirror realm that parallels the waking world, and it is this realm that is tel'aran'rhiod."
(189) Rhian: "I am not all that skilled. Perhaps instead of I as the traveller, I was the one visited. Someone came to me in my dreams and spoke to me."
(203) Thom: "So, these people can just involve themselves in someone's dreams?
(189) Rhian: "Dreamwalking is a lost talent, not seen since our arrival on Andurin."
(203) Thom: "How is it lost if you were visited?"
(189) Rhian: "There are tales of Sisters who have used the talent in the past, but not on this world of Andurin."
(189) Rhian: "Perhaps by one who is not an Aes Sedai." (taps her chin as if in thought)
(203) Thom: "So, you don't even know who it was? Then how do you know someone was there and you didn't just dream the whole thing?"
(202) Morti: "There are spells in the arcane to effect the dreams of others... not sure about actively entering them though." :whistles again for the kitten:
** (189) Rhian doesn't answer you (Thom) and instead seems to be lost in thought. **
** (189) Moiraine scoots over to her master. **
** (202) Morti pets the cat, asking with a smile. "Okay, I think I know how to calm Mikiti, ready to try something new?" **
** (189) Moiraine meows. **
** (203) Thom looks strange and Rhian, but shrugs it off. "Speaking of spells - Drenla, do you know of a spell that would either allow someone to lie convincingly and block out part of their mind, or one that would allow someone else to do a similar thing to an individual? **
** (189) Drenla chews thoughtfully and gulps. **
(189) Drenla: "Hm, there are several I can think of. Or it could have been an item of power."
(189) Drenla: "Let me guess. Your friend, Andress?"
(203) Thom: "hmm, that would explain our visit then."
** (202) Morti speaks murmured incantations and weaves his hands in sculpting seals. His mask flicks from beneath, but Moiraine has a more visual effect, growing, losing her fur, and taking the form of a small short haired halfling child(alter self, shared with familiar.) **
** (207) Cael looks at Morti and what was before the young cat and he raises an eyebrow. **
(203) Thom: "Yes. I have had some experience with liars and have gotten fairly good at listening to what people say and watching how they act. Everything she said and every way she acted was in accordance with what one should expect from her. But there was more to it than that. I really couldn't get a graps on anything wrong, I just got the distinct impression of a glass tube though."
(202) Morti: "Hehe..." :smiles wide, and reaches up to pull down his mask, showing a normal human face of a brown haired boy.. "Now we can eat in peace."
(204) Atross: "You mean she was completely believable while giving the impression of being completely unreal?"
** (202) Morti takes off his scarf and wraps it around the now naked halfling chils as makeshift clothing. "Have to remember clothing next time." **
(203) Thom: "Yeah, I guess that would be another way to describe it."
(189) Drenla: "A masking spell or similar item will do that."
(189) Drenla: "There's really no way around it unless you could get close enough to negate whatever enchantments or magicka she had on her person."
(189) Drenla: "Of course, that would be perceived as a hostile act."
(202) Morti: "Dispel it..?"
(207) Cael: "If you'll excuse me for a moment, I'd best check on Rin, might as well give him a few things to do also, his eyes won't be much use to us underground."
(203) Thom: "And would such a spell also disrupt someone trying to detect evil in the vicinity?"
(202) Morti: "Can do that from afar, without drawing much attention."
** (207) Cael stands an walks outside. **
(189) Drenla: "It is certainly possible."
(202) Morti: "Not targetted it won't."
** (202) Morti helps Moiraine into a seat next to him and fixes the child a plate. **
** (189) Mikiti comes out as if a bit fearful but seeing no kittens, shuffles over to the bar with a plate of sausages and fried eggs swimming in butter. Liliandra follows close behind with bowls and plates. **
(203) Thom: "Then that sounds like what is happening." Thom drops off the conversation as the pair of employees enter the room.
(189) DM: The barback heads back into the kitchen as Okrosh heads in, followed by an acolyte of Bralvany and an armed guard, with the standard of a white tower on his chain shirt.
(189) Okrosh: "This way, to the basement."
(189) Okrosh: (nods at you as he escorts them)
(189) DM: (nope)
** (204) Atross nods to the group in acknowledgement **
** (207) Cael re-enters the bar, moving back to the group. **
(189) DM: The guard, noticing Rhian sitting by your table, comes to a halt and bows graciously before continuing. Okrosh raises an eye at you but says nothing.
(202) Morti: :to Rhian: "Friend of yours?"
(203) Thom: "Once everyone has eaten, we should head out. Once that group finishes of course."
** (207) Cael waits for the men to leave the room before saying quietly to Thom, "Rin will be keeping watch over the farm while we are busy down below." **
(189) Rhian: He's a member of the watch at Felanost. It's a standard greeting to all Accepted and Aes Sedai."
(189) Rhian: "I doubt we know each other."
(203) Thom: "Oh, had I realized that was your intention for him, I would have given you a little more info about it."
(203) Thom: "But he should be fine just watching from above."
(207) Cael: "That's fine, Rin's eyes are sharp, if he sees too much out of the ordinary, he'll let me know, and I'll do a pass before we leave."

[Sat Oct 13 22:09:37 2007] : (278) DM: (from last session)
[Sat Oct 13 22:10:33 2007] : (278) DM: (I think your plan was to do something and then start with exploring the catacombs? correct me if I'm wrong)
[Sat Oct 13 22:11:04 2007] : (262) Thom: (( wait for the guards to collect the body, then hit the catacombs. Cael was going to send Rin to watch the farm. ))
[Sat Oct 13 22:11:27 2007] : (280) Cael: (( Already did. ))
[Sat Oct 13 22:13:17 2007] : (262) Thom: (( then just waiting for the guards to leave ))
[Sat Oct 13 22:16:14 2007] : (278) DM: ((assume they did then))
[Sat Oct 13 22:16:25 2007] : (274) Morti: (we starting in the catacombs then?)
[Sat Oct 13 22:16:46 2007] : whispering to Daelan, roll intelligence
[Sat Oct 13 22:17:11 2007] : ** (262) Thom leads the group down to the basement of the inn and through the "door" that Okrosh showed him earlier, into the catacombs. **
[Sat Oct 13 22:17:37 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Oct 13 22:17:37 2007] : (279) Daelan: (whispering): Intel: [1d20] => [20] = (20)
[Sat Oct 13 22:17:46 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): You've seen Andress before.
[Sat Oct 13 22:17:49 2007] : (279) Daelan: (whispering): wow there goes my 20 for the night
[Sat Oct 13 22:18:08 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Except the last time, she wasn't calling herself Andress
[Sat Oct 13 22:18:08 2007] : ** (280) Cael follows. **
[Sat Oct 13 22:18:19 2007] : ** (274) Morti follows after Thom, after taking a moment to get change himself and moiraine back to normal, and get his scarf wrapped back around his head. No need to creep anyone out. **
[Sat Oct 13 22:18:31 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the last time, she was garbed as a Black sister.
[Sat Oct 13 22:18:46 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're fairly certain
[Sat Oct 13 22:19:44 2007] : ** (273) Donovan follows the others downstairs, drawing his bow once though the hidden doorway. With a word, the weapon's magical flames come alight. **
[Sat Oct 13 22:19:56 2007] : ** (273) Atross follows the others downstairs, drawing his bow once though the hidden doorway. With a word, the weapon's magical flames come alight. **
[Sat Oct 13 22:20:06 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Oct 13 22:20:06 2007] : (273) Atross: (whispering): (GW): About 75% at remembering that first now...
[Sat Oct 13 22:20:48 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Odd that she is calling herself Andress.''
[Sat Oct 13 22:21:04 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [3,13] = (16)
[Sat Oct 13 22:21:11 2007] : (262) Thom: "Why is that odd?"
[Sat Oct 13 22:21:22 2007] : whispering to Zane, the door inside the cabinet doesn't seem to have any traps (though it is locked)
[Sat Oct 13 22:21:59 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Oct 13 22:21:59 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Oh, then unlock it and open it up.
[Sat Oct 13 22:22:01 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Last time I saw her that was not her name,and she was dressed as a what you would call a Black Sister."
[Sat Oct 13 22:22:10 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] => [20,20] = (40)
[Sat Oct 13 22:22:22 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there goes your 20 of the night
[Sat Oct 13 22:22:32 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): lol
[Sat Oct 13 22:22:48 2007] : ** (262) Thom spins to Daelan. "What? When did you see her?" **
[Sat Oct 13 22:22:53 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that was when Vael captured you
[Sat Oct 13 22:23:39 2007] : (279) Daelan: " When the Edain Vael captured me.''
[Sat Oct 13 22:23:55 2007] : ** (280) Cael looks at Daelan questioningly. **
[Sat Oct 13 22:23:57 2007] : (274) Morti: "Black Sister.... as in Sedai..?"
[Sat Oct 13 22:24:20 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Yes as in one and the same Morti.''
[Sat Oct 13 22:24:42 2007] : (262) Thom: "Well, that explains why Ringrist was detecting evil from the temple. And a few other things as well."
[Sat Oct 13 22:24:50 2007] : (274) Morti: "Eh..? I thought she was a mage... an supposedly a priestess.. how could she be an Aes Sedai too?"
[Sat Oct 13 22:25:34 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Perhaps she can fool the Edain."
[Sat Oct 13 22:26:33 2007] : (262) Thom: "Unless the current Andress is not the real Andress. After all, how hard would it be for someone like an Aes Sedai to appear like someone else? I know people with no experience in magick that can accomplish it."
[Sat Oct 13 22:26:49 2007] : (279) Daelan: " I owe her a debt that only blood will repay,and I do not mean my blood.''
[Sat Oct 13 22:26:54 2007] : (274) Morti: "Ara ara.. so confusing."
[Sat Oct 13 22:27:48 2007] : (262) Thom: "The only way we'll find out is by getting to her, and not through the temple. She's besmitten too many there that don't want to see the truth before them."
[Sat Oct 13 22:28:09 2007] : ** (280) Cael nods. **
[Sat Oct 13 22:28:31 2007] : (273) Atross: "We'll have to uncover proof; even they they may not listen."
[Sat Oct 13 22:28:51 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Thom be wary as we tread down here,it was a thieves den if you remember."
[Sat Oct 13 22:29:23 2007] : ** (262) Thom smiles, 'I knew something about this place felt familiar." **
[Sat Oct 13 22:29:53 2007] : ** (262) Thom slowly moves though the room on the other side of the door in the cabinet, seeing what lays before them. **
[Sat Oct 13 22:30:35 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): so its unlocked
[Sat Oct 13 22:30:57 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sec
[Sat Oct 13 22:31:18 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): sorry - yeah, we're going through, unless there is something that keeps us from doing so.
[Sat Oct 13 22:33:18 2007] : ** (279) Daelan moves up so that he is behind Thom **
[Sat Oct 13 22:35:37 2007] : (278) DM: This is a dimly lit room (by phosphorescent moss on the walls) that leads to a spiral stone staircase downwards.
[Sat Oct 13 22:36:47 2007] : ** (262) Thom sets his hand on Ringrist's hilt as he moves down the spiral staircase, listening for any sounds ahead. **
[Sat Oct 13 22:37:26 2007] : whispering to Zane, dripping water
[Sat Oct 13 22:37:37 2007] : whispering to Zane, that's about it
[Sat Oct 13 22:37:39 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Ok, I'm trying to figure out how to roleplay Thom actually suddenly getting access to the One Power, so be sure to let me know when that happens please.
[Sat Oct 13 22:37:53 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): have you read the novels?
[Sat Oct 13 22:38:19 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): yep. :-) So I know that idea of the wild rushing river of power concept.
[Sat Oct 13 22:38:44 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): then there you go
[Sat Oct 13 22:39:00 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): But knowing when exactly Thom can first actually draw on the One Power is the question. Since Thom doesn't know that he can, he's not trying to do so.
[Sat Oct 13 22:39:25 2007] : ** (262) Thom begins making his way down the stairs, motioning with his free hand for the others to follow. **
[Sat Oct 13 22:39:57 2007] : ** (279) Daelan follows behind Thom,his bow at the ready. **
[Sat Oct 13 22:40:15 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Does that make sense as to what information I need from you then?
[Sat Oct 13 22:41:04 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): its ok
[Sat Oct 13 22:41:08 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): eventually you'll get it
[Sat Oct 13 22:41:12 2007] : ** (280) Cael follows behind, keeping his eyes and ears open for anything that may be going on down below. **
[Sat Oct 13 22:41:33 2007] : (273) Atross: "I wonder, does this passage open from this side as well?"
[Sat Oct 13 22:42:01 2007] : (262) Thom: "No idea, but there is another exit in the well."
[Sat Oct 13 22:42:52 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): squeaking noises
[Sat Oct 13 22:43:32 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): I get down the stairs ok?
[Sat Oct 13 22:43:41 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ye
[Sat Oct 13 22:43:48 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there's rats in the room
[Sat Oct 13 22:43:54 2007] : (278) DM: The staircase ends in what seems to be a storeroom.

Eleven casks and just as many boxes are stscked in the middle of this underground cavern. A hooded lantern sits atop the highest cask, though it's unlit. An iron crowbar leans against the nearest box. Several rats scurry about.

A passage leads out, to your left. It's a bit damp in here.

[Sat Oct 13 22:44:49 2007] : ** (262) Thom glances around, apparently more interested in the actual items than the rats. **
[Sat Oct 13 22:45:43 2007] : (262) Thom: "Do we want to see what's stored here now, or later?"
[Sat Oct 13 22:46:17 2007] : (274) Morti: "Doesn't this stuff belong to the tavern?"
[Sat Oct 13 22:46:35 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Now I would think,there may be something here you may need."
[Sat Oct 13 22:46:47 2007] : (262) Thom: "Okrosh says he never comes down here, so not likely."
[Sat Oct 13 22:47:20 2007] : (280) Cael: "As long as we can do it without drawing any possibly unneeded attention to ourselves."
[Sat Oct 13 22:47:39 2007] : ** (273) Atross points back up the stairs. "The tavern's storeroom is up there. This stuff must be for someone else." **
[Sat Oct 13 22:48:33 2007] : (273) Atross: "As to opening it up right now, there does seem to be an invitation to do so, though it's probably just foodstores for whoever was basing down here."
[Sat Oct 13 22:48:34 2007] : (274) Morti: "But Okrosh does know this place is here, right?" :just shrugs and follows along.
[Sat Oct 13 22:48:35 2007] : (262) Thom: "Daelan and Cael, watch for anyone coming from that passage." Thom then uses the crowbar and starts opening the boxes to see what's inside."
[Sat Oct 13 22:49:15 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): each of the boxes seems to be marked with an emblem or a sigil
[Sat Oct 13 22:49:21 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's unfamiliar to you
[Sat Oct 13 22:49:32 2007] : ** (280) Cael takes a position that he can see both the passage and as much of Thom's actions as possible. **
[Sat Oct 13 22:49:35 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and they're sealed up tight, as if meant to last for a while
[Sat Oct 13 22:49:45 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Did Rhian or Drenla come down as well?
[Sat Oct 13 22:49:55 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sat Oct 13 22:50:01 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but they're NPCs remember?
[Sat Oct 13 22:50:14 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I shove them in the background
[Sat Oct 13 22:50:37 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): yes, but Rhian is the one I would ask about the sigil, so I wanted to see if she actually came, since they don't always.
[Sat Oct 13 22:50:53 2007] : (278) Rhian: "This is a far cry from the Tower." (glances around with distaste)
[Sat Oct 13 22:51:04 2007] : (262) Thom: "Rhian Sedai, would you look at this?" Thom indicates a sigil on the crates.
[Sat Oct 13 22:51:34 2007] : ** (278) Rhian peers at them. "That symbol is unknown to me, though it seems like a heraldic crest." **
[Sat Oct 13 22:51:48 2007] : ** (279) Daelan watches the passages ways,glancing at Thom from time to time making sure he is alright. **
[Sat Oct 13 22:52:22 2007] : (278) Rhian: "Perhaps of Alalminan origin? But if so, they are far from their homeland."
[Sat Oct 13 22:52:51 2007] : ** (262) Thom nods and continues to open the first box nearest the crowbar. **
[Sat Oct 13 22:55:35 2007] : (278) DM: It's packed with foodstuffs.
[Sat Oct 13 22:55:42 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Oct 13 22:55:42 2007] : (274) Morti: (whispering): history check on Alalminan?
[Sat Oct 13 22:55:45 2007] : ** (279) Daelan looks at the box Thom pointed out **
[Sat Oct 13 22:55:59 2007] : (279) Daelan: (whispering): do I recognize the symbol?
[Sat Oct 13 22:56:05 2007] : (278) DM: Bread, cheese, dried meat and assorted vegetables line the contents of the crate.
[Sat Oct 13 22:56:17 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): of the Council of Alalminor
[Sat Oct 13 22:56:20 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): no check needed
[Sat Oct 13 22:56:26 2007] : (274) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): oh.
[Sat Oct 13 22:56:43 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Damrosil, Gwythnecht, Brynnel, Cyrdd, Wyndfaste
[Sat Oct 13 22:56:55 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and Keenreach
[Sat Oct 13 22:57:12 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the crest of House Dres
[Sat Oct 13 22:57:36 2007] : (262) Thom: "Hmm, nothing special I guess." Thom recloses the crate and returns the crowbar to where he found it. "But someone has been storing up a nice little collection here." Thom moves out of the room and into the passage, keeping his eyes and ears open.
[Sat Oct 13 22:58:14 2007] : (274) Morti: "Hiding out here perhaps..?"
[Sat Oct 13 22:58:19 2007] : (278) DM: A side passage is to your left (to U1). It's damp here. The main passage continues ahead and stops at a closed stone door.
[Sat Oct 13 22:58:41 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Does U! look like what I saw from the well?
[Sat Oct 13 22:58:45 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): *U1
[Sat Oct 13 22:59:15 2007] : ** (262) Thom looks into the other room for a moment, studying it. **
[Sat Oct 13 23:00:33 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sat Oct 13 23:01:34 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Thom the symbol is from the House of Dres.''
[Sat Oct 13 23:02:44 2007] : (262) Thom: "The house that captured you and cursed you. Should have expected that since the Aes Sedai is here."
[Sat Oct 13 23:02:49 2007] : ** (262) Thom looks back to the others. "Twenty gold says there is a door on the other end of this room that leads into the base of the well." With that, he turns back to the passage leading to the stone door and moves up to the door. **
[Sat Oct 13 23:03:15 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [17,13] = (30),[1d20+20] => [1,20] = (21)
[Sat Oct 13 23:03:24 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): search door for traps, listen as it, then check to see if unlocked.
[Sat Oct 13 23:03:50 2007] : (273) Atross: "I'm not betting against that. You probably already knew that anyway."
[Sat Oct 13 23:04:16 2007] : ** (262) Thom shrugs, "Can't blame me for trying." **
[Sat Oct 13 23:05:07 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there don't seem to be any traps
[Sat Oct 13 23:05:18 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It's closed but not locked
[Sat Oct 13 23:05:30 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there are voices beyond but you can't determine what they're saying
[Sat Oct 13 23:05:49 2007] : (278) DM: (are you using torches?)
[Sat Oct 13 23:06:10 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): based on the properties of the door, would I assume that the voices are nearby, or a little ways away from the door?
[Sat Oct 13 23:06:18 2007] : (273) Atross: (Glowsticks, actually.)
[Sat Oct 13 23:07:08 2007] : (262) Thom: (( last I knew, there was phosphorescent moss, and was going off that ))
[Sat Oct 13 23:07:54 2007] : ** (274) Morti wields the torch on his staff, providing some light as they go along. **
[Sat Oct 13 23:08:22 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): quite a ways
[Sat Oct 13 23:09:17 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's a stone door
[Sat Oct 13 23:09:25 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): so you're not sure how far
[Sat Oct 13 23:09:52 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): k
[Sat Oct 13 23:11:01 2007] : ** (262) Thom steps back from the door an gathers the other near him. "The door is unlocked, but I did hear some voices beyond it. They are not near the door, but I'm guessing that after that door is where we will meet any resistance. I don't want to have to kill a bunch of acolytes that think they are serving their god's spokeperson. So, any suggestions?" **
[Sat Oct 13 23:12:00 2007] : (274) Morti: "Ask them politely to surrender?"
[Sat Oct 13 23:12:24 2007] : (273) Atross: "Disguises?"
[Sat Oct 13 23:13:10 2007] : (262) Thom: "Do you have a way to dress us all up like we belong?"
[Sat Oct 13 23:13:34 2007] : (279) Daelan: " They could be thieves as well.''
[Sat Oct 13 23:14:26 2007] : (262) Thom: "They could be Daelan, but I don't want to assume that and hope I'm right."
[Sat Oct 13 23:15:01 2007] : (274) Morti: "Hmmm..." :rolls up his eyes in thought: "If they are just weaklings I might be able to hinder them with a color spray. But if they're more experienced, I doubt it will do us any good."
[Sat Oct 13 23:15:57 2007] : (273) Atross: "Could knock them out and take their clothes."
[Sat Oct 13 23:16:48 2007] : (262) Thom: "Hmm, that could work. So, no killing unless they attack first or it's the Black Sister. Got that Daelan?"
[Sat Oct 13 23:18:28 2007] : ** (262) Thom stares at Daelan, awaiting a response. **
[Sat Oct 13 23:18:31 2007] : (273) Atross: "We still have the ropes handy, right?"
[Sat Oct 13 23:19:12 2007] : (274) Morti: :sigh: "I have to work on my divinations. I need to find out how to see past doors." :leans aside, musing to himself: "Too bad Yazut left so fast. He was going to teach me that great spell." :sigh:
[Sat Oct 13 23:19:27 2007] : (279) Daelan: " I will try,I am not used to not killing when attacked by Edain Thom.''
[Sat Oct 13 23:20:20 2007] : (262) Thom: "Yeah, if that goddess hadn't stolen my gift from Etienne, I would be able to get more information myself."
[Sat Oct 13 23:20:31 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Yazut was nothing more than a Glamhath Morti,I would not trust him as far as I could see him.''
[Sat Oct 13 23:20:57 2007] : (274) Morti: :glares at Daelan: "Can you see anything beyond blood?"
[Sat Oct 13 23:21:12 2007] : (262) Thom: "Well, that's better than nothing I guess. Let's try to keep quiet for now, until we see just what is happening on the other side."
[Sat Oct 13 23:21:44 2007] : ** (262) Thom turns back to the door and slowly cracks it open, just enough to peek beyond it. **
[Sat Oct 13 23:22:10 2007] : (273) Atross: "Hopefully, we're not interrupting a funeral ceremony this morning, considering."
[Sat Oct 13 23:22:55 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] => [2,14] = (16)
[Sat Oct 13 23:23:05 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): The room beyond is shrouded in darkness...
[Sat Oct 13 23:23:07 2007] : ** (262) Thom nods in agreement to Atross. **
[Sat Oct 13 23:23:31 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Torches are placed along the walls but it's not very well lit.
[Sat Oct 13 23:23:48 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): still hear the voices?
[Sat Oct 13 23:23:50 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Voices can be heard though. Some are near.
[Sat Oct 13 23:23:54 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Some are far.
[Sat Oct 13 23:24:04 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): still can't make them out?
[Sat Oct 13 23:24:44 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): as far as what is being said?
[Sat Oct 13 23:26:28 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's a jumble
[Sat Oct 13 23:26:38 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [16,13] = (29)
[Sat Oct 13 23:26:45 2007] : ** (262) Thom holds a hand up to the others to wait for a moment as he opens the door a little more and slips past it into the room beyond. **
[Sat Oct 13 23:26:48 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): some are bored with guarding
[Sat Oct 13 23:26:52 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): some are playing dice
[Sat Oct 13 23:27:03 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): one wants to know when they'll have a chance to see some action
[Sat Oct 13 23:27:17 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): one is lamenting that he misses life in Damrosil
[Sat Oct 13 23:27:23 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and so forth
[Sat Oct 13 23:27:29 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): I know, I'm splitting the group... sorry. But Thom would still make sure the immediate area was clear before having the group rush in.
[Sat Oct 13 23:28:10 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Then I want to try to locate these voices, moving in the darkness and basically hoping that I don't run into a column or something...
[Sat Oct 13 23:28:34 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): If I can, see if they are dressed like the mercenaries I believe that they are.
[Sat Oct 13 23:28:37 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] => [11,5] = (16)
[Sat Oct 13 23:28:57 2007] : (278) Voice: "You there! Stop!"
[Sat Oct 13 23:29:37 2007] : ** (262) Thom stops in his tracks and looks in the direction of the voice. **
[Sat Oct 13 23:30:53 2007] : (273) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Yeah, it's always easier to sneak into evil churches. Less lights.
[Sat Oct 13 23:31:12 2007] : (278) DM: Torches are spaced at some intervals and illuminate a 20' wide hall that emerges from the storeroom area. At the north end, a bridge of planks spans an underground stream. Several doors and corridors lead from the hall.

The room beyond has a number of people inside and by their garb, appear to be rogues and/or warriors of some sort. Some of them notice you (Thom) and rush forward, unsheathing their weapons.

[Sat Oct 13 23:32:19 2007] : ** (262) Thom looks at them. "What are you doing? I was out to check on the door!" He calls out to them. **
[Sat Oct 13 23:32:30 2007] : (262) Thom: (( *was sent out ))
[Sat Oct 13 23:32:39 2007] : (278) DM: By the looks of things, about five men, led by a muscular man in his mid-twenties with dark curly hair and a neat scar over his left eye.
[Sat Oct 13 23:33:00 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Do they slow at all from my claim?
[Sat Oct 13 23:33:07 2007] : (273) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Damn him and his curly hair =P
[Sat Oct 13 23:33:11 2007] : (274) Morti: :whispers to the others: "Should we just wait here still?"
[Sat Oct 13 23:33:43 2007] : (278) DM: The leader looks you up and down and says, "I don't recognize you. You must be a new recruit, aren't you?"
[Sat Oct 13 23:33:52 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): bluff
[Sat Oct 13 23:34:09 2007] : ** (280) Cael looks are Morti and whispers, "Let's listen a bit longer, I'm sure Thom will signal us somehow if he needs us." **
[Sat Oct 13 23:34:16 2007] : ** (279) Daelan shrugs his shoulders at Morti's question **
[Sat Oct 13 23:34:24 2007] : (280) Cael: (( at Morti* ))
[Sat Oct 13 23:34:31 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): bluff: [1d20+6] => [3,6] = (9)
[Sat Oct 13 23:34:39 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): damn, I needed that 20.
[Sat Oct 13 23:35:08 2007] : (262) Thom: "Ye..yes." Thom stammers, apparently afraid for his life. "Who besides a newbie would be sent out there with the rats to check that door in the well?"
[Sat Oct 13 23:35:41 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): hopes he rolls a 1...
[Sat Oct 13 23:36:41 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] => [13,5] = (18)
[Sat Oct 13 23:37:07 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): as a heads up, when Thom realizes it didn't work, he gonna draw out Ringrist (in case he'll be drawing on the One Power at that time).
[Sat Oct 13 23:37:14 2007] : (278) DM: He says with a sneer in his voice, "Why don't I believe you? Kill him."
[Sat Oct 13 23:37:40 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): init then if you do
[Sat Oct 13 23:37:42 2007] : ** (262) Thom shrugs. "Your loss." he's says loudly, drawing out Ringrist. **
[Sat Oct 13 23:37:47 2007] : (278) DM: (init)
[Sat Oct 13 23:37:51 2007] : (273) Atross: :Whispers: "That sounds like a signal."
[Sat Oct 13 23:37:55 2007] : (262) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [17,9] = (26)
[Sat Oct 13 23:37:56 2007] : (280) Cael: "Now!"
[Sat Oct 13 23:38:05 2007] : (273) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [4,5] = (9)
[Sat Oct 13 23:38:17 2007] : (274) Morti: init: [1d20+2] => [13,2] = (15)
[Sat Oct 13 23:38:23 2007] : (274) Morti: "Are you sure?"
[Sat Oct 13 23:38:24 2007] : (278) DM: (let me load the battlemap)
[Sat Oct 13 23:38:30 2007] : (280) Cael: Initiative: [1d20+3+4] => [4,3,4] = (11)
[Sat Oct 13 23:39:50 2007] : (278) DM: (not to scale obviously, each sq is 5' though)
[Sat Oct 13 23:40:13 2007] : (279) Daelan: (whispering): did he leave the door behind him open?
[Sat Oct 13 23:40:30 2007] : (279) Daelan: (whispering): if not then how do the others know he is trouble?
[Sat Oct 13 23:42:13 2007] : (278) DM: (load the rest of your minis and remember, only Thom is in the room though it shouldn't take you that long to rush in)
[Sat Oct 13 23:42:29 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): he left it open slightly
[Sat Oct 13 23:42:41 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but best to ask
[Sat Oct 13 23:43:51 2007] : (262) Thom: (( I guess Daelan is keeping to his word and trying to not attack. ))
[Sat Oct 13 23:45:08 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): hmm - they way they are set up it's like they were expecting us... Which after Daelan's revelation earlier - they might be.
[Sat Oct 13 23:45:14 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] => [13,2] = (15)
[Sat Oct 13 23:45:27 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] => [19,3] = (22)
[Sat Oct 13 23:46:35 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I wasn't finished setting it up yet
[Sat Oct 13 23:46:49 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): M6 and M7 were guarding the bridge
[Sat Oct 13 23:46:54 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): lol.
[Sat Oct 13 23:46:57 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): so they were there to begin with
[Sat Oct 13 23:47:14 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): makes sense.
[Sat Oct 13 23:47:15 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Ghosgor, M4 and M5 came over
[Sat Oct 13 23:47:45 2007] : (274) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): tho, if you want to withdraw I can web the room
[Sat Oct 13 23:47:49 2007] : (278) DM: (26, Thom)
[Sat Oct 13 23:47:54 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Yeah, I didn't realize that Ghosgor had gotten so close to me.. oh well.
[Sat Oct 13 23:49:04 2007] : ** (262) Thom steps back from Ghosgor and draw out Ringrist. "You are going to reget this. You could still let us pass and live your lives elsewhere." **
[Sat Oct 13 23:49:38 2007] : (278) Ghosgor, of House Dres: "Ghosgor does not follow a lesser being!" (unsheathes his sword)
[Sat Oct 13 23:49:45 2007] : (278) DM: (AOO)
[Sat Oct 13 23:50:22 2007] : (262) Thom: Ringrist attack: [1d20+15] => [11,15] = (26) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Sat Oct 13 23:50:33 2007] : (262) Thom: (( BTW - Ringrist glowing at all? ))
[Sat Oct 13 23:51:26 2007] : ** (278) Ghosgor, of House Dres stumbles a few feet back as the sword slash opens a thin cut on his flank. "That was your first mistake!" **
[Sat Oct 13 23:51:33 2007] : (278) DM: (damage)
[Sat Oct 13 23:51:47 2007] : (262) Thom: (( 6 - see above ))
[Sat Oct 13 23:51:47 2007] : (278) DM: (faint blue)
[Sat Oct 13 23:52:14 2007] : (278) DM: (22, Ghosgor)
[Sat Oct 13 23:52:56 2007] : (278) DM: He charges, holding his sword as if to decapitate you...
[Sat Oct 13 23:53:16 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12+4] => [17,12,4] = (33)
[Sat Oct 13 23:53:31 2007] : (278) DM: (AC 33)
[Sat Oct 13 23:53:49 2007] : (262) Thom: (( hit ))
[Sat Oct 13 23:54:14 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+4+2] => [5,4,2] = (11)
[Sat Oct 13 23:54:20 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 11 damage
[Sat Oct 13 23:54:30 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): k
[Sat Oct 13 23:54:56 2007] : (278) DM: He withdraws his arm and swings around, this time as if to bisect you neatly...
[Sat Oct 13 23:55:04 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8+4] => [15,8,4] = (27)
[Sat Oct 13 23:55:14 2007] : (278) DM: (AC 27)_
[Sat Oct 13 23:55:29 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+4+2] => [6,4,2] = (12)
[Sat Oct 13 23:55:38 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 12 damage if that hit
[Sat Oct 13 23:55:41 2007] : (262) Thom: (( hit ))
[Sat Oct 13 23:56:02 2007] : (278) DM: (15, M4, M5, M6 and M7)
[Sat Oct 13 23:56:35 2007] : (278) DM: (they provoke AOOs from you btw)
[Sat Oct 13 23:56:53 2007] : (262) Thom: Ringrist attack: [1d20+15] => [7,15] = (22) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [5,5] = (10)
[Sat Oct 13 23:56:54 2007] : (262) Thom: Ringrist attack: [1d20+15] => [10,15] = (25) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [4,5] = (9)
[Sat Oct 13 23:56:55 2007] : (278) DM: (all but M6 provoke AOOs from Thom)
[Sat Oct 13 23:56:56 2007] : (262) Thom: Ringrist attack: [1d20+15] => [19,15] = (34) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [3,5] = (8)
[Sat Oct 13 23:56:57 2007] : (262) Thom: Ringrist attack: [1d20+15] => [13,15] = (28) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [5,5] = (10)
[Sat Oct 13 23:57:02 2007] : (278) DM: (28 doesn't count)
[Sat Oct 13 23:57:13 2007] : (278) DM: (all hit, the 34 is a possible crit)
[Sat Oct 13 23:57:14 2007] : (262) Thom: (( ok, just the first 3 then. and Crit check on the last one ))
[Sat Oct 13 23:57:21 2007] : (262) Thom: ((Crit Check: [1d20+15] => [15,15] = (30) ))
[Sat Oct 13 23:57:58 2007] : (274) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): Oh, you have combat reflexes? such an underrated feat, until it comes in handy
[Sat Oct 13 23:58:24 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): crit
[Sat Oct 13 23:59:00 2007] : (262) Thom: (( 10, 9, and [8+1d+5] => 8+1d+5 damage ))
[Sat Oct 13 23:59:08 2007] : (278) DM: hm?
[Sat Oct 13 23:59:08 2007] : (262) Thom: (( 10, 9, and [8+1dd+5] => 8+1dd+5 damage ))
[Sat Oct 13 23:59:19 2007] : (262) Thom: [1d6+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Sat Oct 13 23:59:40 2007] : (262) Thom: (( sorry, trying to roll the crit damage, but was having trouble. ))

[Sun Oct 14 00:03:17 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): what are we waiting on now?
[Sun Oct 14 00:04:09 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I'm readiing
[Sun Oct 14 00:04:28 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): ok, just making sure it wasn't me. :-)
[Sun Oct 14 00:04:36 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2+1] => [4,2,1] = (7)
[Sun Oct 14 00:04:56 2007] : (278) DM: They attack you, taken by surprise by the ferocity of your attack, and all miss.
[Sun Oct 14 00:05:22 2007] : (278) Ghosgor, of House Dres: "Idiots. Alert Szereth that we have visitors!"
[Sun Oct 14 00:05:45 2007] : (278) DM: One of the fighters breaks rank and retreats down the corridor.
[Sun Oct 14 00:05:45 2007] : (262) Thom: "That, we can't allow. Daelan!"
[Sun Oct 14 00:06:04 2007] : (278) DM: (15, Morti)
[Sun Oct 14 00:06:05 2007] : (274) Morti: (can we see the retreating soldier?)
[Sun Oct 14 00:06:18 2007] : (278) DM: (if you're not in the room, you can't see him)
[Sun Oct 14 00:06:28 2007] : (278) DM: (I'm typing for Zane's benefit)
[Sun Oct 14 00:06:53 2007] : (262) Thom: (( and I'm trying to wake Daelan up so he can roll init. :-P ))
[Sun Oct 14 00:07:57 2007] : ** (274) Morti rushes in upon hearing the call to get help, and looks about quickly to find the messenger, getting a bit of webbing from his pocket as he does **
[Sun Oct 14 00:09:35 2007] : (278) DM: There's a rogue by the looks of him, fleeing down the corridor.
[Sun Oct 14 00:09:38 2007] : (278) DM: (M6)
[Sun Oct 14 00:09:47 2007] : (279) Daelan: (whispering): should I roll to see if I hear Thom yell my name?
[Sun Oct 14 00:09:55 2007] : (278) DM: (I believe M7 gets an AOO?)
[Sun Oct 14 00:10:06 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2+3] => [12,2,3] = (17)
[Sun Oct 14 00:10:14 2007] : (278) DM: (and hits AC 17)
[Sun Oct 14 00:10:25 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Oct 14 00:10:55 2007] : (279) Daelan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [13,13] = (26)
[Sun Oct 14 00:10:55 2007] : ** (274) Morti weaves a quick spell, forming an ethereal spider which grows in his hand and further as it launches through the air past the retreating soldier, exploding in a mass of sticky web to block retreat and capture the guards nearby(web, ref 16, should hit 6, 4 and 7 and casting defensively) **
[Sun Oct 14 00:11:02 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): thar's affirmative
[Sun Oct 14 00:11:26 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] => [17,6] = (23)
[Sun Oct 14 00:11:28 2007] : (274) Morti: Concentration Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [4,12] = (16)
[Sun Oct 14 00:11:32 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] => [17,2] = (19)
[Sun Oct 14 00:11:52 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] => [11,2] = (13),[1d20+2] => [8,2] = (10)
[Sun Oct 14 00:12:14 2007] : (279) Daelan: INIT: [1d20+2] => [4,2] = (6)
[Sun Oct 14 00:12:24 2007] : (274) Morti: (eesh.. exact roll..phew)
[Sun Oct 14 00:12:28 2007] : (278) DM: Ghosgor and M4 succeed, M6 and M7 fail
[Sun Oct 14 00:12:56 2007] : (278) DM: (11, Cael)
[Sun Oct 14 00:12:58 2007] : (262) Thom: (( do I need to roll a save? not sure the AoE. ))
[Sun Oct 14 00:13:09 2007] : (278) DM: (you probably do)
[Sun Oct 14 00:13:28 2007] : (274) Morti: (you should be out of the web.. I'll draw it.)
[Sun Oct 14 00:13:28 2007] : (262) Thom: Reflex: [1d20+14] => [2,14] = (16)
[Sun Oct 14 00:13:38 2007] : (278) DM: (never mind then)
[Sun Oct 14 00:13:44 2007] : (262) Thom: (( doesn't matter, I make it - just. ))
[Sun Oct 14 00:13:58 2007] : ** (280) Cael mutters some unknown words under his breath and places a palm on his chest. His skin taking on a rougher quality that usual. (Barkskin) **
[Sun Oct 14 00:14:05 2007] : (280) Cael: (( Done ))
[Sun Oct 14 00:14:20 2007] : (274) Morti: (eh.. badly drawn... but something like that)
[Sun Oct 14 00:15:06 2007] : (278) DM: (9, Atr)
[Sun Oct 14 00:16:08 2007] : ** (273) Atross follows Morti through the door with a pair of arrows ready and puts them easily into the unlucky nearest soldier (M5). **
[Sun Oct 14 00:16:19 2007] : (273) Atross: Point Black Attack: Manyshot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1-4+1] => [14,10,5,2,2,1,-4,1] = (31)
[Sun Oct 14 00:16:28 2007] : (273) Atross: Manyshot Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1+1] => [4,3,2,2,1,1] = (13) and [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [2,3,2,2,1] = (10) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [1] = (1) and [1d6] => [2] = (2)
[Sun Oct 14 00:16:52 2007] : (273) Atross: (Assuming that its, 26 total damage.)
[Sun Oct 14 00:17:11 2007] : (278) DM: He dies.
[Sun Oct 14 00:17:27 2007] : (278) DM: (6, Dael)
[Sun Oct 14 00:17:59 2007] : ** (274) Morti flinches with each arrow into the man. Watching him fall, the young mage asks aloud, "Uh.. can we try asking them to surrender now?" **
[Sun Oct 14 00:18:08 2007] : (279) Daelan: " What do you want Thom?"
[Sun Oct 14 00:18:16 2007] : (273) Atross: "You mean asking them to surrender again?"
[Sun Oct 14 00:18:26 2007] : (262) Thom: "Morti got him for now."
[Sun Oct 14 00:18:31 2007] : (274) Morti: "This time they have no where to run."
[Sun Oct 14 00:18:53 2007] : (279) Daelan: (whispering): done
[Sun Oct 14 00:19:37 2007] : (273) Atross: "Well, sure they're trapped and outmatched, but that's no excuse for them to go and be reasonable."
[Sun Oct 14 00:19:47 2007] : (278) DM: (26, Thom)
[Sun Oct 14 00:20:49 2007] : ** (262) Thom takes up a fully defensive position as he looks to the leader. "Last chance for my offer. House Dres will not hold this place for long. You can either leave now, or never leave." **
[Sun Oct 14 00:21:27 2007] : (278) Ghosgor, of House Dres: "I told you before, Ghosgor does not follow a lesser being!"
[Sun Oct 14 00:21:31 2007] : (262) Thom: (( done - Total Defense +6 AC ))
[Sun Oct 14 00:21:51 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12+4] => [18,12,4] = (34),[1d20+8+4] => [16,8,4] = (28)
[Sun Oct 14 00:21:57 2007] : (262) Thom: "Fire away Daelan, big guy first since he's so eager to die."
[Sun Oct 14 00:22:13 2007] : ** (278) Ghosgor, of House Dres slashes viciously at Thom as if uncaring. (AC 34 and 28) **
[Sun Oct 14 00:22:32 2007] : (278) DM: (or he tries to)
[Sun Oct 14 00:22:52 2007] : (278) DM: (that provokes an AOO by Thom I believe)
[Sun Oct 14 00:22:54 2007] : (262) Thom: (( damn, didn't help a lot. one hit. ))
[Sun Oct 14 00:23:05 2007] : (274) Morti: (he needs a 15 str or escape artist roll to move)
[Sun Oct 14 00:23:14 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] => [16,4] = (20)
[Sun Oct 14 00:23:25 2007] : (262) Thom: (( can't make AOO when using full defense. ))
[Sun Oct 14 00:23:26 2007] : (278) DM: (success on Str check)
[Sun Oct 14 00:23:52 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+4+2] => [3,4,2] = (9)
[Sun Oct 14 00:23:58 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 9 damage
[Sun Oct 14 00:24:06 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): k
[Sun Oct 14 00:24:13 2007] : (278) DM: (15, the fighters)
[Sun Oct 14 00:24:21 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] => [2,2] = (4),[1d20+2] => [18,2] = (20)
[Sun Oct 14 00:25:03 2007] : (278) DM: One of the stuck warriors breaks free (M7), the other one remains where he is (M6).
[Sun Oct 14 00:25:22 2007] : (278) DM: M7 tries to attack Thom again, atlhough he shakes as he does so as if in fear.
[Sun Oct 14 00:25:33 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2+2] => [11,2,2] = (15)
[Sun Oct 14 00:25:39 2007] : (278) DM: (and misses)
[Sun Oct 14 00:25:53 2007] : (278) DM: Other voices can be heard in the room, coming closer...
[Sun Oct 14 00:26:03 2007] : (278) DM: (15, Morti)
[Sun Oct 14 00:26:45 2007] : (274) Morti: (delay) "Please.. this isn't worth your lives. Just give up."
[Sun Oct 14 00:26:47 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Oct 14 00:26:47 2007] : (280) J.C.: (whispering): A spell with a 10 ft radius cast to the left of Ghosgor would miss Thom, correct?
[Sun Oct 14 00:27:55 2007] : (278) DM: (11, Cael)
[Sun Oct 14 00:29:26 2007] : (280) J.C.: (whispering): Would it?
[Sun Oct 14 00:30:23 2007] : (278) DM: One of the warriors (M7) throws down his weapons and begs for mercy. Ghosgor looks on in contempt.
[Sun Oct 14 00:31:02 2007] : (280) Cael: ( Stash, did you get my whispers? )
[Sun Oct 14 00:31:02 2007] : (262) Thom: 'Smart. Now stay put."
[Sun Oct 14 00:32:32 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Oct 14 00:32:36 2007] : (280) J.C.: (whispering): Okay
[Sun Oct 14 00:32:40 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): didn't see this until now
[Sun Oct 14 00:32:48 2007] : (280) J.C.: (whispering): I figured as much
[Sun Oct 14 00:32:50 2007] : (278) DM: (not until now, no)
[Sun Oct 14 00:33:45 2007] : (278) Ghosgor, of House Dres: "The Great Lord of the Dark does not look kindly on those who betray Him." (to the warrior)
[Sun Oct 14 00:34:19 2007] : (274) Morti: 0.o "Y-you're a Great Lord of the Dark..?"
[Sun Oct 14 00:35:13 2007] : ** (280) Cael steps into the doorway and scans the group. He begins muttering and incantation. Suddenly flames seem to flow from the ceiling. (Square to the left (behind) Ghosgor. Flame Strike Damage [10d6] => [1,6,5,3,6,1,6,5,4,1] = (38) ==> DC 16 Reflex for half) **
[Sun Oct 14 00:35:19 2007] : (274) Morti: :scratches his head: "How's that work..?"
[Sun Oct 14 00:35:27 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] => [19,4] = (23)
[Sun Oct 14 00:35:53 2007] : (273) Atross: "I guess you'd better hope your lord looks kindly on failure, then."
[Sun Oct 14 00:35:59 2007] : (278) Ghosgor, of House Dres: He steps aside just in the nick of time.
[Sun Oct 14 00:36:18 2007] : (278) Ghosgor, of House Dres: (9, Atr)
[Sun Oct 14 00:36:25 2007] : (274) Morti: (eh..? how much area that fire hit?)
[Sun Oct 14 00:36:28 2007] : (278) DM: (9, Atr)
[Sun Oct 14 00:36:43 2007] : (280) Cael: (10 ft radius)
[Sun Oct 14 00:36:46 2007] : (273) Atross: "Daelan, the big guy's yours."
[Sun Oct 14 00:36:52 2007] : (273) Atross: (40 ft high. It's mostly tall.)
[Sun Oct 14 00:37:05 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): ok, so it's possible for Thom to draw on the One Power at any time while Wielding Ringrist, right?
[Sun Oct 14 00:37:20 2007] : (280) J.C.: (whispering): Dyslexia kicked in, its actually a DC 19 Reflex
[Sun Oct 14 00:37:29 2007] : (274) Morti: (could you mark it, the webs are gone from those areas and 2d4 dmg to anyone in them from burning webs)
[Sun Oct 14 00:37:32 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you've never done it
[Sun Oct 14 00:37:36 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you could try
[Sun Oct 14 00:37:38 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): :)
[Sun Oct 14 00:37:45 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): still made it
[Sun Oct 14 00:38:09 2007] : (280) J.C.: (whispering): I assumed as much
[Sun Oct 14 00:38:28 2007] : (278) DM: (provokes attack by Thom and Morti)
[Sun Oct 14 00:38:38 2007] : ** (273) Atross fires several arrows into the rapidly flaming webbing, though aiming to subdue the remaining soldiers. **
[Sun Oct 14 00:39:00 2007] : (278) DM: (M4 dies)
[Sun Oct 14 00:39:09 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Right, what I'm thinking it that after Ghosgor's last comment - Thom is going to get so pissed at fools that follow the Dark Lord and scream out at him as he attacks. Usually, he would just reach deep into himself to draw his own power up to fuel his attacks (all flavor, no game effects), but this time he might grab onto the one power. That work?
[Sun Oct 14 00:39:10 2007] : (273) Atross: (2 at M6, 1 at M, I think he's 4)
[Sun Oct 14 00:39:13 2007] : (273) Atross: Full Attack: First Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1-4] => [10,10,5,2,2,1,-4] = (26) Rapid Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1-4] => [19,10,5,2,2,1,-4] = (35)Second Shot:[1d20+5+5+2+2+1-4] => [6,5,5,2,2,1,-4] = (17)
[Sun Oct 14 00:39:22 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sun Oct 14 00:39:31 2007] : (274) Morti: (this should be entertaining..)
[Sun Oct 14 00:39:33 2007] : (274) Morti: Quarterstaff Attack Roll: [1d20+2] => [16,2] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d6-2] => [2,-2] = (0)
[Sun Oct 14 00:39:42 2007] : (273) Atross: (Well, three at M6 then, considering.)
[Sun Oct 14 00:39:43 2007] : (262) Thom: (( can't make AOO when using full defense. ))
[Sun Oct 14 00:39:46 2007] : (278) DM: (well you almost hit)
[Sun Oct 14 00:40:02 2007] : (278) DM: (Atr, all hit)
[Sun Oct 14 00:40:19 2007] : (273) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1+1] => [8,3,2,2,1,1] = (17) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [1] = (1)
[Sun Oct 14 00:40:22 2007] : (273) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1+1] => [4,3,2,2,1,1] = (13) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [1] = (1)
[Sun Oct 14 00:40:24 2007] : (273) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1+1] => [8,3,2,2,1,1] = (17) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [1] = (1)
[Sun Oct 14 00:40:37 2007] : (278) DM: (M4 died btw so discount that)
[Sun Oct 14 00:40:47 2007] : (278) DM: (M6 dies)
[Sun Oct 14 00:40:50 2007] : (273) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Well, he's not waking up for a whie.
[Sun Oct 14 00:41:07 2007] : (278) DM: (or collapses then)
[Sun Oct 14 00:41:22 2007] : (278) DM: (6, Dael)
[Sun Oct 14 00:41:38 2007] : ** (279) Daelan brings his bow up aiming at Ghosgor," Thom there is a time for talking and a time for killing,now is not the time to speak." **
[Sun Oct 14 00:41:52 2007] : (279) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [6,21] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [7,3,4,0] = (14)
[Sun Oct 14 00:41:52 2007] : (279) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [19,21] = (40) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [7,3,1,0] = (11)
[Sun Oct 14 00:41:53 2007] : (279) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [12,16] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [7,3,1,0] = (11)
[Sun Oct 14 00:41:57 2007] : (278) DM: (you're firing through Thom?)
[Sun Oct 14 00:42:28 2007] : (280) J.C.: (whispering): (GW): Or hit non-critical areas
[Sun Oct 14 00:42:29 2007] : (279) Daelan: ( I have precise shot)
[Sun Oct 14 00:42:48 2007] : (278) DM: (ok, all strike, and he dies.)
[Sun Oct 14 00:43:07 2007] : (279) Daelan: Crit Check: [1d20+21] => [11,21] = (32) ===> Critical Damage: [3d8+9+2d10] => [2,6,5,9,7,1] = (30)
[Sun Oct 14 00:43:19 2007] : (278) DM: (that's a bit much. =P)
[Sun Oct 14 00:43:51 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Are there any else you wish me to kill Thom?"
[Sun Oct 14 00:44:39 2007] : (273) Atross: "There's bound to be others around, but I don't see anyone else nearby. Probably wiser than this one."
[Sun Oct 14 00:44:39 2007] : ** (274) Morti hangs his head to the inevitable deaths **
[Sun Oct 14 00:46:34 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Hmm, this means things change since he died...
[Sun Oct 14 00:47:40 2007] : (278) DM: The fighter cowers as Ghosgor collapses in a pool of his blood.
[Sun Oct 14 00:47:46 2007] : (280) J.C.: (whispering): (GW): Or you could just say you shot him in the limbs, incapacitation him, and with the amount of pain and associated bloodloss, unconsciousness wouldn't be too far of a stretch.
[Sun Oct 14 00:48:31 2007] : (280) J.C.: (whispering): (GW): Heh
[Sun Oct 14 00:50:24 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Ok, going to draw on the One Power and use Voice of Power. :-) Good RP weave.
[Sun Oct 14 00:50:47 2007] : (274) Morti: "This mean we can stop fighting now?"
[Sun Oct 14 00:51:17 2007] : ** (273) Atross digs his way through the webs to pull out the unconscious runner. **
[Sun Oct 14 00:51:29 2007] : ** (262) Thom scowls at Ghosgor as he avoids the magical blast, his scowl turing to a growl as Daelan kills the man. "That's the price for dealing with the Dark Lord." he spits out as the man draws his last breath. "Anyone else that wishes to continue serving the Dark One will meet the same fate!" he calls out to the room, in the direction of the voices heard earlier. Thom's voice seems to grow louder and louder than normal, past what a normal human's voice should be, easily filling the entire room. **
[Sun Oct 14 00:51:34 2007] : (273) Atross: "It certainly looks that way."
[Sun Oct 14 00:51:45 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you can feel the taint sliding in and out on saidin
[Sun Oct 14 00:52:23 2007] : ** (262) Thom suddenly quiets down and wobbles a little, as if suddenly somehow drunk. **
[Sun Oct 14 00:52:29 2007] : (278) DM: There are several agonized screams, and then silence.
[Sun Oct 14 00:52:34 2007] : (278) DM: The fighter remains cowering.
[Sun Oct 14 00:53:20 2007] : (262) Thom: "Wha, what happened?"
[Sun Oct 14 00:53:36 2007] : (279) Daelan: " I feel something rather nasty is approaching.''
[Sun Oct 14 00:53:47 2007] : (278) Ados: "They were commanded to kill themselves if we were captured."
[Sun Oct 14 00:53:58 2007] : ** (262) Thom lowers Ringrist, holding his free hand to his head. **
[Sun Oct 14 00:54:03 2007] : ** (278) Ados cowers. "Please don't kill me. Please." **
[Sun Oct 14 00:54:59 2007] : (274) Morti: "K-kill themselves...? Why?"
[Sun Oct 14 00:55:09 2007] : (274) Morti: (m1 and m2 doing anything?)
[Sun Oct 14 00:55:11 2007] : (262) Thom: "Leave your armor and weapons. Go out the back way." Thom mutters to him (Assuming he is #7)
[Sun Oct 14 00:56:34 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Relax Edain,I am not allowed to kill you,though you deserve to die,begone from my sight,if I lay eyes on you again,they will not be able to stop my arrows,do you understand?"
[Sun Oct 14 00:56:46 2007] : (278) DM: (They killed themselves, so no.)
[Sun Oct 14 00:57:04 2007] : (278) Ados: "By the command of Naedara."
[Sun Oct 14 00:57:55 2007] : ** (273) Atross drags the unconscious soldier over and sets about removing his weapons. "What about this guy, you know him?" **
[Sun Oct 14 00:58:08 2007] : (278) Ados: "If we ever fell to attack, we were to kill ourselves to prevent being captured and our operation from being discovered."
[Sun Oct 14 00:58:24 2007] : ** (274) Morti groans miserably, falling back to lean between the wall and his staff. **
[Sun Oct 14 00:58:40 2007] : ** (262) Thom looks down at Ringrist, as if in his own world suddenly. **
[Sun Oct 14 00:59:10 2007] : (278) Ados: "No! His Grace promised that we would be rich beyond our wildest dreams. I want to go back home." (starts bawling)
[Sun Oct 14 00:59:25 2007] : (278) DM: He's barely a youth of seven and ten years of age.
[Sun Oct 14 00:59:48 2007] : ** (279) Daelan walks over to Ghosgor,kneels down next to the dead human and begins to search him thoroughly **
[Sun Oct 14 00:59:53 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): realizing that this must have something to do with Ringrist. No longer holding the One Power, and the effect of the saidin knocked me out of concentration to hold it. At least, that's how I'm doing it. :-)
[Sun Oct 14 01:00:12 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok :)
[Sun Oct 14 01:00:20 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Ringrist still faint blue?
[Sun Oct 14 01:00:36 2007] : (274) Morti: :weakly asks: "Why were you here?"
[Sun Oct 14 01:00:41 2007] : (273) Atross: "Well, kid, there's plenty of things more important than money. I hope you've learned that."
[Sun Oct 14 01:01:42 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): suit of banded mail (torc, vambrace, gauntlets, leggings, epaulets -- all serviceable condition), large steel shield (serviceable condition), steel longsword (good condition), fine beige silk cloak and a pouch filled with jewels and coin.
[Sun Oct 14 01:01:54 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Oct 14 01:02:22 2007] : ** (278) Ados is too busy sobbing to answer you. **
[Sun Oct 14 01:02:44 2007] : ** (262) Thom sees that things seem well in hand here, so he moves to check on the others that apparently killed themselves. **
[Sun Oct 14 01:02:59 2007] : (279) Daelan: (whispering): I take the cloak and the pouch
[Sun Oct 14 01:03:06 2007] : (278) Ados: "I was....I was pressed into service by Lord Dres' men."
[Sun Oct 14 01:03:17 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Check their bodies for anything, then once I make sure no one is alive anymore, I am going to play with Ringrist a little.
[Sun Oct 14 01:03:30 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): what happened to the statue?
[Sun Oct 14 01:03:32 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): just checking
[Sun Oct 14 01:03:55 2007] : ** (279) Daelan stands up,he folds a fine beige silk cloak into a small bundle and places it into his pack along with a pouch. **
[Sun Oct 14 01:04:08 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): the statue we rescued? We used to to cure Daelan according to you. I think it was given to Drenla last, let me check.
[Sun Oct 14 01:05:20 2007] : (274) Morti: "But why? What were they here for?"
[Sun Oct 14 01:06:26 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): studded leather armor (torc, gloves, tunic, leggings, shoulders -- serviceable condition) x5, short sword (serviceable condition) x3, dagger (poor condition) x2, shortbow (serviceable condition) x5 with roughly 90 arrows total divided amongst the fallen warriors and rogues, and sacks of coin.
[Sun Oct 14 01:06:42 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): just checking
[Sun Oct 14 01:06:48 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sun Oct 14 01:07:05 2007] : (278) Ados: "I don't know. Please don't kill me."
[Sun Oct 14 01:07:15 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Sevis had it, and Drenla mentioned needing to study it. Safe assumption that Drenla has it. Check with DJ though.
[Sun Oct 14 01:07:38 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): obviously collect the coin. And also the arrows.
[Sun Oct 14 01:07:59 2007] : (278) Ados: "I heard some talk once that Naedara was acting under orders, but I don't know anything other than that. Please don't kill me..."
[Sun Oct 14 01:08:27 2007] : whispering to Dj Gilcrease, who has the statue?
[Sun Oct 14 01:08:39 2007] : ** (279) Daelan walks back over near Atross," Good shooting.'' **
[Sun Oct 14 01:09:07 2007] : ** (274) Morti looks pityingly upon the man, looking to Thom for some guidance **
[Sun Oct 14 01:09:08 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Next, I want to hold Ringrist out before me and use the same method I did earlier, thinking about the Dark One and how much his minions piss me off, trying to find that feeling I had before (the rush of Saidin).
[Sun Oct 14 01:09:29 2007] : ** (262) Thom has wandered off to the other side of the room. **
[Sun Oct 14 01:10:40 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Oct 14 01:10:41 2007] : (271) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Thom I belive
[Sun Oct 14 01:10:47 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Only this time, be prepared for it and stick with it, if I can. I assume that while holding the One Power I get the feeling of enhanced senses like the books mention, right?
[Sun Oct 14 01:10:52 2007] : (273) Atross: "All in a day's work."
[Sun Oct 14 01:11:14 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Atleast you did not talk them to death as others would have us do.''
[Sun Oct 14 01:11:28 2007] : (271) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): I am guessing you mean the one we got from the Daemon that was to free Daelan from whatever infected him
[Sun Oct 14 01:12:01 2007] : (262) Thom: (( smoke while Thom does what he's doing. ))
[Sun Oct 14 01:12:39 2007] : ** (274) Morti kneels down near the sobbing man, offering for what it's worth, "I don't want to kill you." **
[Sun Oct 14 01:13:07 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Oct 14 01:13:11 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the singing statue
[Sun Oct 14 01:13:24 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Thom says either you or Drenla has it
[Sun Oct 14 01:13:35 2007] : ** (273) Atross drops the other soldier's weapons to the side and turns around to deal with the simpering, cowering one. **
[Sun Oct 14 01:13:44 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ask DJ
[Sun Oct 14 01:13:54 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I'm not looking at the book at the moment
[Sun Oct 14 01:14:22 2007] : (278) DM: (he might as well be a teenager)
[Sun Oct 14 01:14:59 2007] : (278) Ados: "Please don't kill me."
[Sun Oct 14 01:15:15 2007] : ** (273) Atross offering a hand to shake, says "Name's Atross." Taking hold once he shakes he drags the youth to his feet and points him at the knocked out soldier. "Now get his feet and follow me." **
[Sun Oct 14 01:15:57 2007] : (271) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Actualy Sevis might have it, I know he carried it out, but I thought I gave it to Daelan or Thom after we "used" it
[Sun Oct 14 01:16:36 2007] : ** (278) Ados does so. **
[Sun Oct 14 01:16:49 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): k - but can Thom reach and hold onto Saidin?
[Sun Oct 14 01:17:04 2007] : ** (273) Atross takes the head end and carries leads them back to the supply room. **
[Sun Oct 14 01:17:25 2007] : (273) Atross: "What's your name, kid?"
[Sun Oct 14 01:21:09 2007] : (278) Ados: "Ados."
[Sun Oct 14 01:21:28 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sec
[Sun Oct 14 01:21:41 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): if a wilder is untrained, can they touch saidin?
[Sun Oct 14 01:21:42 2007] : ** (273) Atross drops the soldier down next to the boxes. "Well then, Ados, my advice is to take what food you can carry and find your way back home." **
[Sun Oct 14 01:21:45 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): no prob, Thom can wait. :-)
[Sun Oct 14 01:21:54 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I was under the impression that a block might be present
[Sun Oct 14 01:22:14 2007] : (278) Ados: "You'll let me go?"
[Sun Oct 14 01:22:47 2007] : (278) Ados: "I hope I can make it out of here alive. This village is crawling with Lord Dres' men."
[Sun Oct 14 01:23:18 2007] : (273) Atross: "Not gonna have you hanging around. Not gonna kill ya. What else am I gonna be doing?"
[Sun Oct 14 01:23:36 2007] : (271) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Male channelers general dont have the block since they have to "sieze" the Source. But since he is getting the level from Ringrist which would not likly know if you were male or female so the block could exist
[Sun Oct 14 01:23:38 2007] : (278) Ados: "I don't know. I'm free to go?"
[Sun Oct 14 01:23:42 2007] : ** (273) Atross ties the soldier to one of the boxes, talking while he works. **
[Sun Oct 14 01:23:44 2007] : ** (278) Ados looks hopeful. **
[Sun Oct 14 01:24:07 2007] : (274) Morti: "Eh... there are more of you guys hiding around the village?"
[Sun Oct 14 01:24:21 2007] : (273) Atross: "Yeah. You might want to lay low in here for a while, if it's that bad up there, but this guy's gonna have a hell of a headache when he wakes up."
[Sun Oct 14 01:24:21 2007] : (274) Morti: "Do the villagers know?"
[Sun Oct 14 01:24:41 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you need to define what emotional condition you need to overcome in order to seize saidin when you hold Ringrist
[Sun Oct 14 01:24:47 2007] : (262) Thom: (( didn't Atross take Ados back to where we came down? ))
[Sun Oct 14 01:24:54 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you can only channel under certain conditions, like Nynaeve did in the books
[Sun Oct 14 01:25:12 2007] : (274) Morti: (isn't that right in the next room?)
[Sun Oct 14 01:25:16 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Anger - mainly anger at the fools who follow the Dark One, such pure evil.
[Sun Oct 14 01:25:35 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): well then the next time you experience it, it'll be successful
[Sun Oct 14 01:25:43 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): That's why I said Thom focuses on the same emotions he felt earlier - anger at Ghosgor.
[Sun Oct 14 01:25:43 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): hopefully anyway. :)
[Sun Oct 14 01:25:51 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sun Oct 14 01:26:20 2007] : (273) Atross: "Not to mention Daelan. He'll keep his word on those arrows, I assure you. Best you get out of town as soon as you can."
[Sun Oct 14 01:26:24 2007] : (271) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Does Ringrist grant a level of Wilder or Initiate?
[Sun Oct 14 01:26:27 2007] : (278) Ados: "They're all over the place. Here in the catacombs, at the farm and under the temple."
[Sun Oct 14 01:26:48 2007] : (278) Ados: "I don't think so."
[Sun Oct 14 01:26:52 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): So right now, he's trying to envoke that feeling at sieze saidin again, even though he doesn't fully realize that;s what it is. Right now, he thinks he's making a mental connection with Ringrist.
[Sun Oct 14 01:27:23 2007] : (274) Morti: "H-how many?"
[Sun Oct 14 01:27:28 2007] : (262) Thom: (( I guess so, just wanted to make sure we all knew where everyone was. ))
[Sun Oct 14 01:27:31 2007] : (278) Ados: "I'll try. Thank you, Atross. I don't know if I'll be able to make it back, but thank you anyway."
[Sun Oct 14 01:27:43 2007] : (278) Ados: "A lot."
[Sun Oct 14 01:28:01 2007] : (274) Morti: "Do the people at the temple know?"
[Sun Oct 14 01:28:04 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Initiate
[Sun Oct 14 01:28:21 2007] : (271) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Then there would be no block male or female
[Sun Oct 14 01:28:40 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sun Oct 14 01:28:54 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): so he seizes upon saidin how?
[Sun Oct 14 01:29:11 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I suppose we can RP it out but I haven't reached past book 6 yet
[Sun Oct 14 01:29:18 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I'm wrong
[Sun Oct 14 01:29:20 2007] : (271) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): In order to use the one power a channeler must first embrace the Source. Doing so is a full round action, that provokes an Attack of Opportunity. Once you have the Source embraced you can maintain it as long as you are conscious. You do not have to cast a weave, or use the Source in any way, and you do not have to embrace the Source again once you do make use of it.
[Sun Oct 14 01:29:21 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): thee's no block
[Sun Oct 14 01:29:24 2007] : (273) Atross: "I'm sure they know, just what they know is questionable though."
[Sun Oct 14 01:29:46 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Well, I can still act like there is for now - for RP purposes. :-)
[Sun Oct 14 01:30:18 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you need to embrace the source which provides the opportunity for an AOO (if the other person knows what you're doing), then once you've embraced the Source, you can do whatever you want to the best of your ability
[Sun Oct 14 01:30:24 2007] : ** (279) Daelan walks over to Thom," Why is it that you wished me to kill that Edain?" **
[Sun Oct 14 01:30:29 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you should read the Wheel of Time book on the site
[Sun Oct 14 01:30:32 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there's a pdf
[Sun Oct 14 01:30:42 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): be aware of the madness rating rules on the wiki
[Sun Oct 14 01:30:45 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sun Oct 14 01:30:59 2007] : (271) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Basicly he just has to concentrate for a few seconds. He can RP it how ever he wants. Kha closes his eyes and takes a deep breath as if drawing power into himself. Sevis will do it diff when he finaly decides to actualy use it
[Sun Oct 14 01:31:19 2007] : (278) Ados: "I don't know."
[Sun Oct 14 01:31:21 2007] : ** (262) Thom stands there with Ringrist dwarn and pointing up. Thom's eyes are focused on the blade, as if trying to peer through it. **
[Sun Oct 14 01:31:44 2007] : (278) DM: It seems to be just a normal sword now.
[Sun Oct 14 01:32:01 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Right. But Thom just got a taste of it, and after all - the One Power is rather addicitve. :-)
[Sun Oct 14 01:32:15 2007] : ** (279) Daelan looks at the sword too **
[Sun Oct 14 01:32:25 2007] : ** (273) Atross returns to the main chamber with that dealt with, again armed, though expecting no resistance. **
[Sun Oct 14 01:32:57 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Ok, so as long as Thom is able to, he draws on the One Power, seizing control of Saidin for a moment, feeling the power of it and getting a feel for it.
[Sun Oct 14 01:33:46 2007] : (273) Atross: "Hmm, which way now?"
[Sun Oct 14 01:34:39 2007] : (279) Daelan: " That is up to Thom."
[Sun Oct 14 01:35:01 2007] : ** (279) Daelan pokes Thom in the shoulder with his finger **
[Sun Oct 14 01:35:11 2007] : ** (262) Thom starts to sweat a little, and his hands shakes just slightly as though forcing something. **
[Sun Oct 14 01:35:32 2007] : (262) Thom: "Wait." he hisses through clenched teeth.
[Sun Oct 14 01:36:06 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Very well.''
[Sun Oct 14 01:36:14 2007] : ** (279) Daelan walks away from Thom. **
[Sun Oct 14 01:36:34 2007] : ** (274) Morti weaves his hands, before sweeping at the air, dismissing his spell and letting the thick webs fall away and evaporate away. **
[Sun Oct 14 01:38:06 2007] : ** (278) Ados looks at you, then heads into the storeroom and heads out. **
[Sun Oct 14 01:38:49 2007] : ** (262) Thom stops shaking as a small ball of light about the size of Thom's fist pops up in front of him, giving off a cool white light. "Woah." Thom mutters. He begins walking back to the group, and the light follows him. Thom stops, and the light stops. With a glance back, Thom squints again and the lgith pops out of existance. **
[Sun Oct 14 01:39:38 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): So - Thom embrased the source and cast light. Then, he let go of the One Power.
[Sun Oct 14 01:39:52 2007] : (274) Morti: :calls after Ados: "You might not want to wander around town. You might get caught."
[Sun Oct 14 01:40:14 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Ringrist didn't glow at all while Thom embraced the source, right?
[Sun Oct 14 01:40:45 2007] : ** (262) Thom smiles a little as he sheathes Ringrist and returns to the group. "So, did that guy get sent off then?" **
[Sun Oct 14 01:41:21 2007] : (273) Atross: "Yep. The other one is tied down in the storeroom."
[Sun Oct 14 01:41:43 2007] : (279) Daelan: " It is too bad all of our foes are not like these Edain,kill themselves when the battle is against them,it would make my life alot easier.''
[Sun Oct 14 01:42:00 2007] : (262) Thom: "Alright, let's move on."
[Sun Oct 14 01:42:22 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Thom will play with his new abilities more later. :-)
[Sun Oct 14 01:42:50 2007] : ** (274) Morti looks back to thom, blinking at the phantom light he's formed. "Oh.. I didn't know you could do that." **
[Sun Oct 14 01:43:03 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Lead on Thom.''
[Sun Oct 14 01:43:38 2007] : (262) Thom: "Oh, by the way," Thom hands forth a large stack of arrows, "I found these on those that dies. Think you might need them?"
[Sun Oct 14 01:44:09 2007] : (278) Ados: "Well, I don't know what to do and all I want to do is go home." (begins bawling again as he heads back down to you)
[Sun Oct 14 01:44:29 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It shone a faint silver
[Sun Oct 14 01:44:43 2007] : (262) Thom: "Actaully, I didn't either Morti. But I didn't know I could yell as loud as I did earlier either. It's a new feature of Ringrist from what I can tell."
[Sun Oct 14 01:44:49 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): k
[Sun Oct 14 01:45:12 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): that supports my theory that silver is someone embracing the source. :-)
[Sun Oct 14 01:45:26 2007] : ** (279) Daelan takes the arrows from Thom," So that is where they went.'' **
[Sun Oct 14 01:46:10 2007] : (274) Morti: "Oh.. handy sword. Can you fly with it to?"
[Sun Oct 14 01:46:15 2007] : ** (273) Atross sighs. "Let me guess, you live at the farm?" **
[Sun Oct 14 01:46:49 2007] : (278) Ados: "No. I listen though."
[Sun Oct 14 01:47:28 2007] : ** (278) Ados sobs. "Please don't kill me." **
[Sun Oct 14 01:47:41 2007] : (262) Thom: "Hmm, haven't tried that yet. Maybe later I will. There is more to it than just that though, there was something that felt slick and vile in my mind as well, so I don't like I'll push testing it for now."
[Sun Oct 14 01:48:27 2007] : ** (279) Daelan turns facing the human that has returned,his fingers lightly carressing the feathers on his arrows,he narrows his eyes as he stares at the man. **
[Sun Oct 14 01:49:41 2007] : ** (262) Thom turns to the man that returned. "You can either flee now, or remain here in this room until we return. Either way - we will do as we said and let you live." **
[Sun Oct 14 01:49:54 2007] : (278) Ados: "All right..."
[Sun Oct 14 01:50:12 2007] : (278) Ados: "But your friend said I might be killed and caught...."
[Sun Oct 14 01:50:47 2007] : (262) Thom: "So wait here. We will retireve you once we have finished. Then you will be safe from Lord Dres' men."
[Sun Oct 14 01:51:09 2007] : (278) DM: His face brightens.
[Sun Oct 14 01:51:40 2007] : (278) Ados: "I'd like that. I just hope those rats stay away though."
[Sun Oct 14 01:51:55 2007] : ** (279) Daelan speaks to Ados " Keep talking Edain and you may end up dead anyways,I see your memory is as short as your life.'' **
[Sun Oct 14 01:53:04 2007] : (262) Thom: "Keep the door closed, they should. But, keep this in mind." Thom keeps looking at the boy when he says, "Daelan, memorize this one's face. If you see him again before we finish clearing out this place, he dies quickly."
[Sun Oct 14 01:53:59 2007] : (262) Thom: "So stay here lad, and you live. Move out of this room, and Daelan's arrow will be the last thing you feel, if you even feel it."
[Sun Oct 14 01:54:16 2007] : ** (279) Daelan smiles coldly at Ados," Fear not Thom,I know him by sight now.'' **
[Sun Oct 14 01:54:20 2007] : (262) Thom: "The rest of us, let's go."
[Sun Oct 14 01:54:31 2007] : ** (273) Atross pauses at Daelan's threat, "Wouldn't it be odd to have a memory longer than one's life?" **
[Sun Oct 14 01:54:33 2007] : (280) J.C. (exit): 01:54
[Sun Oct 14 01:54:48 2007] : ** (262) Thom makes his way to the bridge and out of the room, content to leave Ados behind. **
[Sun Oct 14 01:56:24 2007] : ** (279) Daelan turns and follows Thom while speaking to Atross,'' I merely meant that you Edain have short lives and at times even shorter memories." **
[Sun Oct 14 01:57:00 2007] : (274) Morti: "Well, good luck." :offers to Ado before following after the others.:
[Sun Oct 14 01:57:56 2007] : ** (278) Ados gulps and looks back at the rats **
[Sun Oct 14 01:58:10 2007] : (279) Daelan: " So you can call light with your sword now Thom.''
[Sun Oct 14 01:58:19 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): lol - I told him to close the door. :-)
[Sun Oct 14 01:58:20 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Impressive.''
[Sun Oct 14 01:58:55 2007] : (278) Ados: "All right." (starts sobbing again but quietly this time)
[Sun Oct 14 01:59:33 2007] : (262) Thom: "Yes, along with that loud voice. I'm sure there is more, I can feel it. It's like a river of power available to me."
[Sun Oct 14 02:00:37 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Be wary of the powers of the ancient weapons Thom,some can even turn one around,somethings are best left not known.''
[Sun Oct 14 02:01:04 2007] : (262) Thom: "Even things that can help defeat minions of the Dark One?"
[Sun Oct 14 02:02:19 2007] : (279) Daelan: " It seems to do that now,but it also seems that each time something evil dies by the blade,it slowly awakens some of its darker powers.''
[Sun Oct 14 02:03:16 2007] : (262) Thom: "Or, it senses that it is being used as it was intended and releases more of its power to aid its wielder."
[Sun Oct 14 02:03:44 2007] : (278) DM: (ok, where to now?)
[Sun Oct 14 02:03:58 2007] : (262) Thom: (( where did the bridge go? ))
[Sun Oct 14 02:04:09 2007] : (262) Thom: (( oh, we're in U7 right? ))
[Sun Oct 14 02:06:07 2007] : (278) DM: (the bridge is at the north door (not shown on the map))
[Sun Oct 14 02:06:14 2007] : (278) DM: (and yes, you're in U7)
[Sun Oct 14 02:06:23 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Not all powers are good Thom,they only seem that way since they are being used by good,use caution when exploring the unknown.''
[Sun Oct 14 02:07:19 2007] : (262) Thom: "I understand your concern, but if it's all the same I'll take morality lessons from someone that is not a blood-thirsty killer."
[Sun Oct 14 02:07:48 2007] : (262) Thom: (( then heading towards the bridge, heading the way the one guy was trying to run out to warn the others.\ ))
[Sun Oct 14 02:08:24 2007] : (273) Atross: "I think that powers are just powers. Not necessarily good or evil."
[Sun Oct 14 02:10:00 2007] : (279) Daelan: " I do not concider myself blood thirsty Thom,I am merely good at what I was trained to do.''
[Sun Oct 14 02:10:59 2007] : (278) DM: To your right is a closed stone door.
[Sun Oct 14 02:11:40 2007] : (262) Thom: "Regardless of what you consider yourself, things are as they are." Noticing the stone door, he moves to check it for traps and to listen.
[Sun Oct 14 02:11:58 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [1,13] = (14),[1d20+20] => [16,20] = (36)
[Sun Oct 14 02:12:23 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): as far as you can determine, there seems to be no traps, and you can't hear anything. It's locked.
[Sun Oct 14 02:12:50 2007] : ** (262) Thom pulls out some tools and works on unlocking the door. **
[Sun Oct 14 02:13:36 2007] : (278) DM: A needle juts out of the lock and sprays a fine mist in your (Thom's) face.
[Sun Oct 14 02:13:41 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Reflex
[Sun Oct 14 02:14:02 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): [1d20+16] => [4,16] = (20)
[Sun Oct 14 02:14:09 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): failure
[Sun Oct 14 02:14:16 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Fort save
[Sun Oct 14 02:14:25 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): well, you were right, I had my 20 for the night...
[Sun Oct 14 02:14:38 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): [1d20+9] => [9,9] = (18)
[Sun Oct 14 02:14:52 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): wow... Zane throws out his dice.
[Sun Oct 14 02:15:05 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you feel incredibly itchy all over
[Sun Oct 14 02:15:25 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4] => [4] = (4)
[Sun Oct 14 02:15:33 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and suffer 4 Dex damage
[Sun Oct 14 02:15:56 2007] : ** (262) Thom tries to rub the mist off his face, then moving his hands over his neck and chest, scratching. **
[Sun Oct 14 02:16:15 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Stay still Thom.''
[Sun Oct 14 02:16:21 2007] : (262) Thom: (( btw - which door is this? ))
[Sun Oct 14 02:16:27 2007] : (274) Morti: "Thom. are you alright?
[Sun Oct 14 02:16:31 2007] : ** (279) Daelan takes some of his water and pours it on his face. **
[Sun Oct 14 02:16:48 2007] : (262) Thom: "Damn mist." he sputters as Daelan drenches him.
[Sun Oct 14 02:16:56 2007] : (279) Daelan: ( pouring the water on Thoms face)
[Sun Oct 14 02:18:22 2007] : ** (279) Daelan empties half his waterskin on his face then corks it **
[Sun Oct 14 02:19:23 2007] : (278) DM: ((the door leading to U3 and U4))
[Sun Oct 14 02:19:48 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it doesn't seem to have reduced whatever it is you ingested
[Sun Oct 14 02:19:48 2007] : ** (279) Daelan leans down and inspects Thoms face **
[Sun Oct 14 02:19:53 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the effects of
[Sun Oct 14 02:20:05 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Heal check
[Sun Oct 14 02:20:09 2007] : (262) Thom: "Thanks, now I'm itchy and wet."
[Sun Oct 14 02:20:27 2007] : (274) Morti: "Eesh.. what was that?"
[Sun Oct 14 02:21:01 2007] : (279) Daelan: (whispering): Heal: [1d20+9+1+2] => [17,9,1,2] = (29)
[Sun Oct 14 02:21:28 2007] : ** (262) Thom fights himself to scratch all over. "A trap I missed, and an annoying one at that." **
[Sun Oct 14 02:21:53 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Had you not started scratching,I may have been able to wash it off."
[Sun Oct 14 02:21:56 2007] : (274) Morti: "Will you be okay?"
[Sun Oct 14 02:22:33 2007] : (262) Thom: "You know Daelan, you don't like - you find the damn traps on your own. I'd love to see how you reacted to it."
[Sun Oct 14 02:22:35 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): he's ingested a poison
[Sun Oct 14 02:22:47 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's an insidious one
[Sun Oct 14 02:23:21 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): eventually he will be paralyzed if he isn't cured. he has a week.
[Sun Oct 14 02:23:42 2007] : (279) Daelan: " It is not that I do not like what you are doing Thom,you have your talents and I have mine.''
[Sun Oct 14 02:23:56 2007] : ** (262) Thom wipes his off on the dirt floor, trying to remove any excess of the mist still there. "I tihnk so Morti, but my entire body itches like hell right now, not just my face." **
[Sun Oct 14 02:24:14 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Now from the looks of it you have been sprayed with a rather nasty poison.''
[Sun Oct 14 02:24:37 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you could probably slow it with herbal remedies
[Sun Oct 14 02:24:48 2007] : (262) Thom: "Figured as much. Not many practical jokers put itching poweder in a trapped door."
[Sun Oct 14 02:24:52 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but he'll need treatment. on Andurin, a week is ten days
[Sun Oct 14 02:25:04 2007] : (279) Daelan: (whispering): would an anti toxin work I have some.
[Sun Oct 14 02:25:33 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): I figure someone on Andurin has alredy figured out itching powder - because, why not? :-)
[Sun Oct 14 02:25:43 2007] : (279) Daelan: " If I am not mistaken,which I am not,you have a week before you are paralyzed.''
[Sun Oct 14 02:26:17 2007] : (262) Thom: "Well, ain't that great. Since you know what it is, do you know the cure as well?"
[Sun Oct 14 02:27:07 2007] : ** (279) Daelan takes off his pack,opens it up and begins to look around inside it. **
[Sun Oct 14 02:27:20 2007] : (273) Atross: "I'm sure the acolytes up above will be happy to do something about it, once we deal with Andress."
[Sun Oct 14 02:27:31 2007] : (279) Daelan: " I have some herbs that I can mix that will slow the poison.''
[Sun Oct 14 02:27:56 2007] : ** (262) Thom moves his hand to his neck, but stops himself barely before scratching any more. "And I'm guessing that scratching will spread the poison?" **
[Sun Oct 14 02:28:11 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Yes it does.''
[Sun Oct 14 02:28:12 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it would
[Sun Oct 14 02:28:25 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): short of a neutralize poison, it'd slow it down
[Sun Oct 14 02:28:29 2007] : (262) Thom: "Of course."
[Sun Oct 14 02:28:30 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): or equivalent
[Sun Oct 14 02:28:42 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): this is worse than itching powder
[Sun Oct 14 02:28:59 2007] : (262) Thom: "Mix what you can Daelan. The rest of you can check out what's beyond the door, since it's clear now."
[Sun Oct 14 02:29:07 2007] : (279) Daelan: (whispering): so that anti toxin would stop the poison or just slow it down.
[Sun Oct 14 02:29:16 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): yeah, but it would exist as a reference point.
[Sun Oct 14 02:29:21 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it would slow it down
[Sun Oct 14 02:30:51 2007] : ** (279) Daelan pulls out a healers kit and begins to mix some herbs together along with alittle water,he makes a salve and begins to place it on the areas that Thom scratched. **
[Sun Oct 14 02:32:11 2007] : ** (278) Rhian comforts Ados as best as she can, speaking to him in urgent, quiet tones. **
[Sun Oct 14 02:32:21 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): does the salve relieve the itching at all?
[Sun Oct 14 02:32:41 2007] : (278) Rhian: "I can't stay with you but the least I can do is tell you you'll be all right here."
[Sun Oct 14 02:32:42 2007] : (279) Daelan: " This should ease the wish to scratch and it will slow the onset of the paralysis by atleast a few days.''
[Sun Oct 14 02:32:51 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Oct 14 02:32:59 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): for a while anyway
[Sun Oct 14 02:33:39 2007] : ** (273) Atross nudges the door open by the edge of his bow. **
[Sun Oct 14 02:34:02 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): as long as it's long enough to let me keep moving. You know, if Thom's going to be paralyzed - he can cast as much as he wants, since he won't be able to do anything if he goes mad and is paralyzed.
[Sun Oct 14 02:34:34 2007] : (262) Thom: "Thank you." Thom mutters as he stands back up and recollects himself.
[Sun Oct 14 02:34:34 2007] : (278) DM: To your immediate left is a closed wooden door that does not appear to have a lock on it. Ahead is an archway that leads to what appears to be a sleeping chamber.
[Sun Oct 14 02:36:18 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Not bad for a blood thirsty killer huh.''
[Sun Oct 14 02:37:05 2007] : (262) Thom: "I guess you have your moments. But you could still use more of them." Thom moves into the next room, checking out the sleeping chambers first.
[Sun Oct 14 02:37:27 2007] : ** (273) Atross creeps forward to the archway first, rather than risk the door. **
[Sun Oct 14 02:37:50 2007] : (278) DM: This is a very well-appointed bedroom. It could easily be a nobleman's quarters.
[Sun Oct 14 02:38:04 2007] : (278) DM: Painted on one wall is the crest of House Dres.
[Sun Oct 14 02:38:27 2007] : (278) DM: On another wall is a map of Ruairi and the surrounding vicinity. A large number of markers have been placed on it.
[Sun Oct 14 02:38:42 2007] : ** (262) Thom moves to study the map and the markers. **
[Sun Oct 14 02:38:48 2007] : (278) DM: It looks like it's used for more thna sleeping. Perhaps a meeting room?
[Sun Oct 14 02:39:06 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): Damn you, now I'm itchy IRL too.
[Sun Oct 14 02:39:22 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): hey
[Sun Oct 14 02:39:30 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): :-P
[Sun Oct 14 02:40:05 2007] : ** (262) Thom tries to locate what the markers are for, expecting to see one for the temple and one for the farm. **
[Sun Oct 14 02:40:21 2007] : ** (274) Morti follows in tentatively after Thom and Atross looking around the bedchamber idly **
[Sun Oct 14 02:41:50 2007] : (279) Daelan: " Perhaps those markers represent all those who serve the House of Dres.''
[Sun Oct 14 02:43:41 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Someone wants to isolate Nith'Tar Valon
[Sun Oct 14 02:43:50 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): why, you have no idea
[Sun Oct 14 02:44:17 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the road that connects the city of the Aes Sedai to Lalvensalenil is heavily marked
[Sun Oct 14 02:44:24 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): And Ruairi sits near it
[Sun Oct 14 02:44:33 2007] : (274) Morti: "Markers..?" :moves to the map, looking it over, wondering it the positions form out some symbol or discernable pattern, like a search spiral or grid.:
[Sun Oct 14 02:44:42 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ditto for points south
[Sun Oct 14 02:44:47 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): So there are markers for outside the Ruiari city limits?
[Sun Oct 14 02:45:01 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Oct 14 02:45:09 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Ruairi is a village
[Sun Oct 14 02:45:11 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): not a city
[Sun Oct 14 02:45:25 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Knowledge if you want
[Sun Oct 14 02:45:32 2007] : (262) Thom: "If this is all House Dres, this is going to be difficult. It seems that they have markers all over, and appear to be trying to cut off Nith'Tar Valon.
[Sun Oct 14 02:45:41 2007] : (274) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [5,18] = (23)
[Sun Oct 14 02:45:48 2007] : (262) Zane: (whispering): ok, the village limits. :-)
[Sun Oct 14 02:46:09 2007] : (262) Thom: "Someone get Rhian in here, I think she will want to see this."
[Sun Oct 14 02:47:43 2007] : (278) DM: (and here's where we'll stop)
[Sun Oct 14 02:47:51 2007] : (278) DM: (since I'm falling asleep)
[Sun Oct 14 02:48:04 2007] : (262) Zane: k - that works.
[Sun Oct 14 02:48:05 2007] : (278) DM: we'll start next week with Rhian gasping in shock
[Sun Oct 14 02:48:19 2007] : (273) Donovan: Aight
[Sun Oct 14 02:48:29 2007] : (278) DM: rate this session please
[Sun Oct 14 02:48:33 2007] : (262) Zane: lol, always a good start, although it would have been a better ending methinks.
[Sun Oct 14 02:48:50 2007] : Attempting to DISABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sun Oct 14 02:48:51 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now unmoderated
[Sun Oct 14 02:48:59 2007] : (262) Zane: Rating: 8
[Sun Oct 14 02:49:10 2007] : (279) Daelan: a solid 8.2
[Sun Oct 14 02:49:18 2007] : (278) DM: 8.2? lol
[Sun Oct 14 02:49:19 2007] : (278) DM: ok
[Sun Oct 14 02:50:42 2007] : (278) DM: ok, I'll see you next week
[Sun Oct 14 02:50:46 2007] : (278) DM: thanks for coming folks
[Sun Oct 14 02:50:58 2007] : (262) Zane: see ya
[Sun Oct 14 02:50:58 2007] : (274) Morti: gnite
[Sun Oct 14 02:51:02 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Oct 14 02:51:04 2007] : Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms