Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
11 users online
1 Registered
0 Hidden
10 Guests
Registered Users: KevinBic


Back to Damrosil Logs
Sat Sep 22 21:22:06 2007] : (87) Donovan (enter): 21:22

Sat Sep 22 21:22:06 2007] : (87) Donovan (enter): 21:22
[Sat Sep 22 21:22:06 2007] : (88) Lunauc (enter): 21:22
[Sat Sep 22 21:22:06 2007] : (89) Zane (enter): 21:22
[Sat Sep 22 21:22:06 2007] : (92) Daelan (enter): 21:22
[Sat Sep 22 21:22:13 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (95) TaliesinNYC...
[Sat Sep 22 21:22:18 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (87) Donovan...
[Sat Sep 22 21:22:21 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (88) Lunauc...
[Sat Sep 22 21:22:24 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (89) Zane...
[Sat Sep 22 21:22:26 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (92) Daelan...
[Sat Sep 22 21:22:33 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: think Cael is in the lobby
[Sat Sep 22 21:23:46 2007] : (96) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 21:23
[Sat Sep 22 21:23:53 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 22 21:23:53 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): So, I'm guessing that the reason Ringrist was glowing silver at the end of the game last week was because Thom was embracing the source, right? OOC of course.
[Sat Sep 22 21:24:43 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): Oh, and I'm working up a new version of the node that has the information for when Thom is wielding Ringrist as well. It's just about finished, so I should be able to send it to you by the end of the night.
[Sat Sep 22 21:25:18 2007] : (87) Donovan: Yeah
[Sat Sep 22 21:26:45 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sat Sep 22 21:26:50 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (96) Dj Gilcrease...
[Sat Sep 22 21:26:59 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: someone poke him
[Sat Sep 22 21:27:05 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: and we'll start when he gets in
[Sat Sep 22 21:28:58 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): And since Thom has to wield Ringrist in order to be an Asha'man, I was thinking or roleplaying it like Ringrist is what has the abilities (in Thom's mind) and so he will trace patterns in the air with Ringrsit to actually weave. :-)
[Sat Sep 22 21:29:19 2007] : (87) Donovan (exit): 21:29
[Sat Sep 22 21:29:34 2007] : (88) Lunauc: I'll brb then
[Sat Sep 22 21:29:34 2007] : (87) Donovan (enter): 21:29
[Sat Sep 22 21:30:27 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 22 21:30:27 2007] : (87) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): He has been so poked.
[Sat Sep 22 21:31:18 2007] : (77) Cael (enter): 21:31
[Sat Sep 22 21:32:37 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (87) Donovan...
[Sat Sep 22 21:32:39 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (77) Cael...
[Sat Sep 22 21:32:44 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 22 21:32:44 2007] : (77) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Sorry I'm late, logged on before I left for dinner and was gone a bit longer than I'd hoped.
[Sat Sep 22 21:32:54 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sat Sep 22 21:34:15 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: so I think refresh my memory
[Sat Sep 22 21:34:23 2007] : (89) Zane has sent you a tree node...
[Sat Sep 22 21:34:25 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: half of you went to see Valkoris and the other half to the inn?
[Sat Sep 22 21:34:32 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: I can't rmeember who went where
[Sat Sep 22 21:34:56 2007] : (89) Zane: (Morti and NPCs went to the inn
[Sat Sep 22 21:35:06 2007] : (89) Zane: (( everyone else - to Valkoris. ))
[Sat Sep 22 21:35:10 2007] : (87) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Apparently, there's a severe thunderstorm headed this way, so I'll warn you if it looks like I'm gonna lose power here like they did in Visalia.
[Sat Sep 22 21:35:13 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (just morti went to the inn, with the npc'sd)
[Sat Sep 22 21:35:22 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: k
[Sat Sep 22 21:35:24 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: What has gone before: (94) DM: You notice that conversations stop abruptly when you pass people on the street. Everyone speaks in whispered tones. Every once in a while, you notice someone pointing you out subtly to someone else as you go by, as if they were talking about you. (to Cael and his group)
** (111) Cael looks for a secluded area once he arrives at Valkoris' where he can shift back without causing any trouble. **
** (81) Thom ignores the whispers and pointing, walking tall as he traverses the streets. **
(62) Daelan: " It seems we have caused quite a stir here."
(81) Thom: "This hovel is no used to any visitors. Guess that means the Tower doesn't get many travellers anymore than."
** (78) Atross goes with the bodies, to help with carrying if for no other reason. **
(94) DM: A middle-aged man steps out onto the porch of a house and leans against a pillar. He pretends not to notice you, but you can tell he's stealing glances at you as you pass by.
** (111) Cael leads the small group into an abandoned stable where he shifts back. **
(94) DM: By the time you get to Valkoris' (or within sight), the amount of attention coming your way is quite noticeable.
(78) Atross: "You'd think we had a ghost following us by the way things are around here."
** (81) Thom speaks low to Cael, but acts as though he just keeping the horse soothed. "You may need to stay that way for a bit. They seem even more uneasy than before." **
** (111) Cael neighs and nods his head up and down. **
(94) DM: Valkoris meets you at his porch.
** (81) Thom speaks to Atross, loudly enough for those overhearing to easily catch. "Atross, take this beast around back or something will you? The Quessir and I will be inside." **
(94) Valkoris: "I see you've returned, but without my cousin."
(62) Daelan: " Perhaps we should speak inside where others can not listen so easily."
(81) Thom: "Not exactly, but I assure you that he is quite well. May we enter for a moment?"
** (78) Atross makes like he's leading Cael around to be stabled, unloading the bodies for him to change back once the coast is clear. **
(94) Valkoris: "Of course. But you should be aware that we do not receive as many visitors...as we used to."
(94) Valkoris: "Come, this way."
** (81) Thom glances at the townsfolk around them, "I gathered as much." **
** (81) Thom follows Valkoris. **
(94) Valkoris: "Ever since that new priestess arrived, things have not been the same." (lowers his voice and looks around)
(94) Valkoris: "Can I get you anything to drink?"
** (94) Valkoris shows you inside his home **
(62) Daelan: " Water if you please."
(62) Daelan: " Perhaps this priestess is the one the spirit spoke of."
(81) Thom: "Whatever real drink you have would be great. After being out at that Tower, I could use something."
(94) Valkoris: "A new priestess of Bralvanyr. Andress is her name I believe. She's not as friendly as some of her predecessors."
** (94) Valkoris comes out with a pitcher of mintwater and a tray of flagons. **
** (111) Cael waits until he feels it is safe before shifting back. **
(94) Valkoris: "Spirit?"
(81) Thom: "Yes, we made an interesting friend out there."
** (81) Thom pauses, allowing the host to pour some drinks before continuing, "The spirit of Shaunnra's squire." **
** (78) Atross stands at the doorway outside, giving a wave to Cael inside to let him know it looks safe from here. **
(94) Valkoris: "I see. If there is anything I can do to help you in your quest, please let me know. I feel as if it is no longer safe for me here. The people are...different. As if there is a feeling of despair. A feeling of oppresion."
(81) Thom: "Well, we have returned with the bodies of the squire, Astari, and another that fell in that desolate place. First and foremost, we wish to see that they are properly buried."
(94) Valkoris: "I don't want to leave Ruairi as it is a peaceful, if somewhat lackluster town. But my business is suffering and if the way things are progress, very soon trade will all be but a memory."
(62) Daelan: " Seems we get that no matter where we go."
(81) Thom: "As far as anything else, I'll let Cael fill you in on, he should be inside shortly."
** (111) Cael moves quickly to the door. **
(94) Valkoris: "There is a cemetery outside the temple, or perhaps you could try the shrine of Arawn at the edge of town."
(81) Thom: "The cemetery would be necessary for the squire, being holy ground for him. Likely Astari as well. The other, I am not sure who exatly she was, but we should be able to make a case for all three at the temple."
** (111) Cael walks up to the door, knocking before entering. **
(81) Thom: "So, what else can you tell us about this new priestess? What about her makes her different?"
** (81) Thom stops his questions as there is knocking at the door. **
(94) Valkoris: "She has not been as friendly or warm as all her other predecessors. She has dispensed with the old rites, claiming that tradition is a veil for the weak."
(94) Valkoris: "And there is the matter of that odious funeral."
** (111) Cael walks over where the conversation is taking. **
(81) Thom: "Funeral?" Thom continues to pry while sipping on the flagon of mintwater.
** (78) Atross trails in afterwards, presumably having stabled the bodies for now, "See who showed up?" **
(94) Valkoris: "She parades the corpse of that paladin on a weekly basis."
** (81) Thom widens his eyes in shock, "Under what pretense?" **
(62) Daelan: " She has not laid the fallen warrior to rest yet?"
Game disconnected!
(94) Valkoris: "Each week, on Godsday, she boxes up her corpse, parades it around town and preaches to us that one day perhaps in the future, her soul will return. If she is a priestess of the lord of light, she would have had it in her power to raise her to life. Why hasn't she done so?"

[Sat Sep 22 21:35:28 2007] : (92) Daelan: went to Valkoris
[Sat Sep 22 21:36:13 2007] : (89) Thom: "What reason does she give for this dispicable parade?"
[Sat Sep 22 21:41:13 2007] : (89) Thom: (( anyone there? Am I here? ))
[Sat Sep 22 21:41:41 2007] : (87) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Yeah, we're here. Humm
[Sat Sep 22 21:41:45 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: sec
[Sat Sep 22 21:42:31 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: hm
[Sat Sep 22 21:42:39 2007] : Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sat Sep 22 21:42:40 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
[Sat Sep 22 21:43:13 2007] : (89) Thom: (( ??? ))
[Sat Sep 22 21:43:22 2007] : (95) Valkoris: "She wishes to show us that our faith is lacking."
[Sat Sep 22 21:44:07 2007] : (95) Valkoris: "For if we had truly believed in Bralvanyr's will, his champion would not have died. Pah!"
[Sat Sep 22 21:44:16 2007] : (89) Thom: "Hmm, so she blames her shortcomings on the people. No wonder the population is so subdued."
[Sat Sep 22 21:45:24 2007] : (89) Thom: "Yes, but why would she even try such a poor lie - unless she wants to keep people off balance and is hiding something."
[Sat Sep 22 21:46:09 2007] : (87) Atross: "Have there been any other people who have recently come to stay in the town?"
[Sat Sep 22 21:46:27 2007] : ** (95) Valkoris looks at you squarely in the eyes. "Precisely. But I cannot divine what it is and any who dare to question her eventually disappears or is sanctioned by the village." **
[Sat Sep 22 21:46:37 2007] : (92) Daelan: " As much as I do not like the Edain,to wave the body of one who has fallen trying to help others is not something even I would do,this woman is not a good person,I think she is the darkness that walks in the light."
[Sat Sep 22 21:47:10 2007] : (95) Valkoris: "What little trade we have had has become a trickle."
[Sat Sep 22 21:47:54 2007] : (95) Valkoris: "Though Ruairi is on the main tradeway leading out of Nith'Tar Valon, we are strangely enough, becoming isolated."
[Sat Sep 22 21:48:47 2007] : (89) Thom: "Well, sounds like we need to pay this Andress a visit. After all, she would be the one to give permission for the bodies to be burried on holy ground."
[Sat Sep 22 21:49:18 2007] : (95) Valkoris: "I hope and pray you can restore some peace to our village."
[Sat Sep 22 21:51:09 2007] : ** (89) Thom takes a final drink of the mintwater. "Well, we should be on our way then. Thank you for your hospitality, information, and of course the drink." **
[Sat Sep 22 21:52:44 2007] : ** (95) Valkoris bows as he shows you out. "And please, do come again. It was a pleasure." **
[Sat Sep 22 21:53:22 2007] : ** (92) Daelan leaves with Thom as he looks around the village. **
[Sat Sep 22 21:53:46 2007] : ** (77) Cael follows Thom, nodding to his cousin before leaving. **
[Sat Sep 22 21:53:57 2007] : ** (89) Thom makes his way out and with a look to Atross he asks for the cart to be brought back around front. **
[Sat Sep 22 21:55:01 2007] : (89) Thom: "Daelan, please return to the inn and collect Morti. I think he will want to be around for our visit to the temple."
[Sat Sep 22 21:55:17 2007] : (95) DM: Meanwhile...
[Sat Sep 22 21:55:24 2007] : (95) DM: (shifting over to Morti)
[Sat Sep 22 21:55:38 2007] : (89) Thom: (( Meanwhile... Zane goes for a smoke. ))
[Sat Sep 22 21:55:57 2007] : (77) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Its possible I might loose my connection for a minute, if it happens, I'll be right back.
[Sat Sep 22 21:56:00 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (considered settled into the inn yet, or just arriving?
[Sat Sep 22 21:57:14 2007] : ** (92) Daelan heads towards the Inn to speak to Morti and the others. **
[Sat Sep 22 21:57:59 2007] : (95) DM: (settled)
[Sat Sep 22 21:58:32 2007] : (95) DM: (of course while you were talking to Valkoris, other things were happening so sit back and relax while Morti takes the stage)
[Sat Sep 22 21:58:56 2007] : ** (88) Morti has headed to bed to rest, after taking some time and prestidigation to clean the muck from himself and his clothing. **
[Sat Sep 22 21:59:36 2007] : (88) Morti: (any NPC's sharing the room?)
[Sat Sep 22 22:00:11 2007] : ** (95) Drenla hobbles along and collapses into bed as Rhian does the same. **
[Sat Sep 22 22:00:17 2007] : (77) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Okay, no problems, good.
[Sat Sep 22 22:00:38 2007] : (95) Drenla: "That girl is no 'girl'."
[Sat Sep 22 22:01:01 2007] : (95) Rhian: "I seemed to have underestimated her skill, to be sure." (grimly)
[Sat Sep 22 22:01:17 2007] : ** (88) Morti gives a muffled, "Huh?" with his head buried in the pillow. **
[Sat Sep 22 22:01:57 2007] : (95) Rhian: "The next time that I see her, Zarenna will wish she had never seen me."
[Sat Sep 22 22:02:52 2007] : (95) Rhian: "The existence of the Black Ajah is not something we Aes Sedai like to admit but this is proof enough."
[Sat Sep 22 22:04:12 2007] : ** (88) Morti groans, as he begrudgingly turns over to listen, a hand habitually lifting up to scratch his head through his mask. "She took you both on herself?" **
[Sat Sep 22 22:04:21 2007] : (95) Rhian: "She had help." (flatly)
[Sat Sep 22 22:04:30 2007] : (88) Morti: "Oh.. how much?"
[Sat Sep 22 22:05:01 2007] : (95) Rhian: "While you and your companions were dealing with an Eyeless below, a fist of Trollocs along with a Black sister overcame both of us."
[Sat Sep 22 22:05:45 2007] : ** (88) Morti raises his head, blinking. "Trollocs too? And Zarenna helped them?" **
[Sat Sep 22 22:06:10 2007] : (95) Rhian: "Myrdraal and Trollocs are inextricably linked. Doubtless its death caused the fist to disperse. Trollocs are quite difficult to control without an overriding force overseeing them." (smiles thinly)
[Sat Sep 22 22:06:49 2007] : (95) Rhian: "If she didn't help them, I'll eat my shawl."
[Sat Sep 22 22:07:26 2007] : (88) Morti: :cocks his head curiously at Rhian's smile: "What do you mean.. if she didn't help? She attacked you, right?"
[Sat Sep 22 22:07:34 2007] : ** (95) Rhian mutters under her breath as she falls to her bed. "I can't believe your friend was duped into thinking her an innocent. I could practically smell her guilt from a mile away." **
[Sat Sep 22 22:08:04 2007] : ** (92) Daelan enters the Inn,walks over towards Morti and the others. **
[Sat Sep 22 22:08:16 2007] : (95) Rhian: "You think that 'girl' didn't help them?"
[Sat Sep 22 22:08:34 2007] : (95) DM: (Daelan -- you're not there yet.)
[Sat Sep 22 22:09:04 2007] : (88) Morti: "Huh?" :grimaces unsurely: "I-I dunno. you were there. Did she attack you with them? Did she go willingly?"
[Sat Sep 22 22:10:36 2007] : (95) Drenla: "What Rhian is trying to say, Morti, is that the girl your friend met 'in the woods' is Black Ajah. A group of beast-men led by one of her Black brethren attacked us and nearly killed us. Their true objective, we don't know what it was, but Zarenna helped the attackers and went along with them willingly."
[Sat Sep 22 22:11:31 2007] : (95) Rhian: "I doubt very much that 'Zarenna' is her real name. That is not a name of Wylundi origin."
[Sat Sep 22 22:12:53 2007] : ** (88) Morti groans, letting his head fall back to the pillow, after Drenla's explanation. "I know... and I know it is nearly impossible that Sevis came upon their secret meeting by pure chance. If the Ravens have been keeping tabs on us, it is no wonder they could arrange Zarenna's appearance to appeal to Sevis' righteous nature." :sighs: "But..." **
[Sat Sep 22 22:13:22 2007] : (95) Rhian: "I suggest we get some sleep. After weaving as much as I could in the battle earlier, I'm hardly fit for much else."
[Sat Sep 22 22:13:27 2007] : (88) Morti: "Unless I know for sure that she is willingly serving, I can't just condemn someone."
[Sat Sep 22 22:14:18 2007] : (95) Rhian: "Fortunately for you, I can."
[Sat Sep 22 22:14:42 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 22 22:14:42 2007] : (92) Daelan: (whispering): let me know what I get to the Inn.
[Sat Sep 22 22:14:56 2007] : (88) Morti: :groans: "What is fortunate about that?" :his voice is weak and rhetorical, as he turns on his side:
[Sat Sep 22 22:15:04 2007] : ** (95) Rhian makes ready to get to bed. "And more the fool I was for nearly believing her." **
[Sat Sep 22 22:16:56 2007] : ** (88) Morti settles down to rest... hoping to rest anyway.. **
[Sat Sep 22 22:17:23 2007] : (95) DM: Time passes...
[Sat Sep 22 22:17:29 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, listen check
[Sat Sep 22 22:18:09 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 22 22:18:09 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (whispering): listen: [1d20+1] => [14,1] = (15)
[Sat Sep 22 22:19:27 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're awakened by a footfall very close to you
[Sat Sep 22 22:19:34 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): in fact...behind your headboard
[Sat Sep 22 22:19:43 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): except that there's no one in the darkened room
[Sat Sep 22 22:19:51 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (whispering): headboard against the wall?
[Sat Sep 22 22:19:53 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sat Sep 22 22:20:07 2007] : (95) DM: *THUMP*
[Sat Sep 22 22:20:11 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (whispering): so... from behind the wall?
[Sat Sep 22 22:20:43 2007] : (95) DM: There it is again. Someone is close to you, but your friends are both sound asleep.
[Sat Sep 22 22:21:00 2007] : (95) DM: And the room is otherwise empty.
[Sat Sep 22 22:21:08 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes apparently
[Sat Sep 22 22:21:15 2007] : (95) DM: *CREAK*
[Sat Sep 22 22:21:18 2007] : ** (88) Morti blinkds his eyes open, looking about the room for the source of the sound **
[Sat Sep 22 22:21:25 2007] : (95) DM: *CREAK*
[Sat Sep 22 22:21:38 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (whispering): so.. not in the room?
[Sat Sep 22 22:21:40 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): most likely behind the wall
[Sat Sep 22 22:21:47 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): not in the bedroom
[Sat Sep 22 22:21:54 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (whispering): there'
[Sat Sep 22 22:22:14 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (whispering): s more than one room to our 'apartment'?
[Sat Sep 22 22:23:04 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sat Sep 22 22:23:09 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (whispering): do I know what is on the otherside of the wall?
[Sat Sep 22 22:24:05 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] => [2,3] = (5)
[Sat Sep 22 22:24:33 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): judging from the layout of the inn....it should be another bedroom
[Sat Sep 22 22:24:38 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (whispering): after all, if it's another room, there's not much reason for Morti to freak out over what he'd likely think is another patron walking about in their own room
[Sat Sep 22 22:24:46 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but the door to the bedroom down the hall is 30' away.
[Sat Sep 22 22:25:01 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): so it must be a rather large room
[Sat Sep 22 22:25:45 2007] : (95) DM: *THUMP*
[Sat Sep 22 22:26:10 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (whispering): Still not enough for him to get upset over, unless it doesn't just sound likely walking about. Otherwise. He'll most likely ignore it.
[Sat Sep 22 22:26:14 2007] : (95) DM: You (Morti) have the oddest sensation of being watched.
[Sat Sep 22 22:26:21 2007] : (89) Thom: (( Hey - at least it's not something that goes *BUMP* in the night... ))
[Sat Sep 22 22:27:24 2007] : ** (88) Morti groans, sitting up in bed and looking about the wall separating him from the bumps, considering banging on the wall to ask the noisy neighbor to be quiet. **
[Sat Sep 22 22:27:38 2007] : (87) Atross: (whispering): (GW): If you're being haunted, make sure to mention that you see dead people =D
[Sat Sep 22 22:27:52 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (whispering): spot check to see eyeholes or such?
[Sat Sep 22 22:28:27 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): go ahead
[Sat Sep 22 22:28:41 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (whispering): spot: [1d20+1] => [14,1] = (15)
[Sat Sep 22 22:29:59 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sat Sep 22 22:30:11 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there's a peephole directly above your headboard
[Sat Sep 22 22:30:16 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and it's well hidden too
[Sat Sep 22 22:30:27 2007] : (95) DM: Drenla and Rhian both continue to sleep soundly.
[Sat Sep 22 22:31:36 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (whispering): anyone watching at the moment?
[Sat Sep 22 22:32:35 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sat Sep 22 22:32:47 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a brown eye blinks once
[Sat Sep 22 22:32:58 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): seems to scan the room
[Sat Sep 22 22:33:12 2007] : (95) DM: *THUMP*
[Sat Sep 22 22:34:42 2007] : (95) DM: Then it retreats as abruptly as it woke you.
[Sat Sep 22 22:34:52 2007] : (88) Morti: "Eh..?" :glancing something curious, he scratches his head, as he looks down toward the ground. Casually he shifts himself back up the bed to sit against the headboard, out of the line of sight from the peephole above him. Out of sight, he takes a moment, plucking a small stick from the pocket of his nearby coat pocket. Measuring out so just enough is sticking past his knucles, he looks up to the hole to line up and ... Poke!
[Sat Sep 22 22:35:06 2007] : (88) Morti: (aaawww... I didn't type fast enough)
[Sat Sep 22 22:35:18 2007] : (95) DM: A voice shrieks.
[Sat Sep 22 22:35:36 2007] : (95) DM: (and yes, you heard it, I didn't even have to roll listen)
[Sat Sep 22 22:35:46 2007] : (88) Morti: :grins, and offers in warning: "Peeking is rude."
[Sat Sep 22 22:35:56 2007] : ** (95) Drenla turns over and snores. **
[Sat Sep 22 22:36:48 2007] : (95) DM: (ok, eventually Daelan returns to the inn)
[Sat Sep 22 22:38:34 2007] : ** (92) Daelan enters the Inn **
[Sat Sep 22 22:38:52 2007] : ** (92) Daelan scans the room looking for anyone he knows. **
[Sat Sep 22 22:39:11 2007] : (88) Morti: :Once the peeper departs, Morti gets out a bit of cork from his asst junk, to plug the hole. If he hears anyone coming out of the room nearby, he'll go peak out the door to see who was peeping.
[Sat Sep 22 22:39:52 2007] : (95) DM: A morose innkeep, the sullen stableboy. A few farmers and villagers look up on your (Daelan's) entrance and go back to whatever they were doing before.
[Sat Sep 22 22:40:57 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): well whomever it is is moving away (or perhaps down the hall, judging from the footfalls)
[Sat Sep 22 22:41:23 2007] : (95) DM: Morti and the others don't seem to be here in the common room.
[Sat Sep 22 22:41:34 2007] : ** (92) Daelan nods to the innkeeper as he walks over to an empty table **
[Sat Sep 22 22:41:34 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (whispering): Morti will head to the door to take a peek out into the hall, to see if he can catch a glimpse
[Sat Sep 22 22:42:43 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): A secret door opens in the middle of the hall and out slips a young girl in dark leather armor. She's massaging an eye.
[Sat Sep 22 22:42:44 2007] : ** (92) Daelan sits at the table,he places his bow ontop of the table not far from his right hand as he looks the room over. **
[Sat Sep 22 22:43:04 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): And looks to see if she's been seen, as if a bit paranoid, then lurks down the corridor.
[Sat Sep 22 22:43:26 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (whispering): any distinction in the armor, like a uniform?
[Sat Sep 22 22:45:14 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sat Sep 22 22:45:25 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): just dark leather armor, dark pants and breeches
[Sat Sep 22 22:45:27 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (whispering): I'll send Moiraine out to follow the girl, while Morti follows further behind, out of sight.
[Sat Sep 22 22:45:32 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a short sword, perhaps a dagger or two
[Sat Sep 22 22:45:39 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): she's groaning and massaging an eye
[Sat Sep 22 22:45:53 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and eventually slips down the stairs
[Sat Sep 22 22:47:07 2007] : (95) DM: Presently, a young girl in dark leather armor and by the looks of it, a rogue or warrior by her garb, stumbles down the stairs from the upper floor and massaging an eye.
[Sat Sep 22 22:47:47 2007] : (95) DM: She's groaning and moaning, as she stumbles blindly out the door.
[Sat Sep 22 22:47:51 2007] : ** (92) Daelan watches the human female **
[Sat Sep 22 22:48:34 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): Come on, a young female, possibly roguish - and she shows when Thom isn't around to "give her a hand"... :-)
[Sat Sep 22 22:48:40 2007] : ** (88) Morti moves from the door, after having taken a peek out to stop the peeper. He grabs up his coat and Moiraine, instructing to the kitten, follow after the girl in dark leather who just headed down stairs, You're not as conspicuous as me. I'll follow you.. okay?" **
[Sat Sep 22 22:48:44 2007] : (95) DM: She straightens and reaches gingerly at her eye, and plucks what seems to be a splinter of cork, and groans in pain...then stumbles blindly about as she exits the inn.
[Sat Sep 22 22:49:10 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): hah
[Sat Sep 22 22:50:13 2007] : (95) DM: After a few minutes, an orange tabby bounds down the steps. It's Moiraine. The kitten scampers out the door in the direction of the rogue.
[Sat Sep 22 22:51:06 2007] : ** (88) Morti follows a ways behind the kitten, down the stairs. Noting Dael, he waves to the elf in passing. **
[Sat Sep 22 22:52:00 2007] : ** (92) Daelan stands as he sees Morti run past him,he quickly grabs his bow and moves off after Morti. **
[Sat Sep 22 22:54:16 2007] : ** (88) Morti pauses at the door, making sure the woman is already out of sight, before following his cat by empathy. "Hey Dael, how did the meeting with Valkoris go?" **
[Sat Sep 22 22:54:44 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Moiraine reports that the girl clambered down a well
[Sat Sep 22 22:54:54 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): in the midst of the courtyard, near the stables
[Sat Sep 22 22:55:05 2007] : (77) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Except I'd already shifted back and entered the shop.
[Sat Sep 22 22:55:20 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): also that a horse matching the description of the paladin's steed seems to be in one stall, looking on forlornly
[Sat Sep 22 22:55:31 2007] : (77) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Yeah
[Sat Sep 22 22:56:03 2007] : (77) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Nice to know Thom thinks Cael is nothing more than a cart...
[Sat Sep 22 22:56:55 2007] : (88) Morti: :turns to Dael: "Why would a peeper climb down a well?"
[Sat Sep 22 22:57:55 2007] : (92) Daelan: " It was interesting Morti."
[Sat Sep 22 22:58:21 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Perhaps to avoid getting caught."
[Sat Sep 22 22:58:47 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Why would a Edain be spying on you anyways? It is not like you are important or anything."
[Sat Sep 22 22:59:07 2007] : ** (88) Morti nods, as he follows Moiraine to the well, picking the cat up and petting her in appreciation, as he looks down the hole. **
[Sat Sep 22 22:59:24 2007] : (88) Morti: :frowns: "I'm not?"
[Sat Sep 22 23:00:00 2007] : (88) Morti: "Well.. we do have an Aes Sedai.. and we did just come back from a supposedly deadly haunted ruin."
[Sat Sep 22 23:01:42 2007] : (88) Morti: (see just darkness down the well, right?)
[Sat Sep 22 23:01:51 2007] : (95) DM: It's empty. A barely discernible set of wooden rungs leads down.
[Sat Sep 22 23:01:55 2007] : ** (92) Daelan glances down the well. **
[Sat Sep 22 23:02:00 2007] : (95) DM: (and yes, it's dark)
[Sat Sep 22 23:02:45 2007] : (92) Daelan: " As close as we are to the Tower,I do not think they are interested in the Aes Sedai either,perhaps it was just a case of mistaken identity."
[Sat Sep 22 23:03:44 2007] : (88) Morti: "Hhmmm..." :steps back from the well, looking at it in thought a moment, before turning away. Heeding another note from his cat, he heads over to the stable, to one horse in particular. Maybe it was.. but..." He looks the steed over with interest, before calling to Dalean: "Does this look like the paladin's horse was described?"
[Sat Sep 22 23:04:35 2007] : ** (92) Daelan follows after Morti,then he carefully inspects the animal **
[Sat Sep 22 23:05:06 2007] : (95) DM: It is indeed the paladin's steed. Once a lustrous mane adorned its coat, but now it seems on the verge of collapse. A trough filled with oats seems to have done nothing for its complexion.
[Sat Sep 22 23:06:03 2007] : ** (88) Morti pets the poor tired animals' snout. "He doesn't look so good." **
[Sat Sep 22 23:06:08 2007] : ** (92) Daelan takes a handful of oats and looks them over **
[Sat Sep 22 23:06:38 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): They're regular oats.
[Sat Sep 22 23:07:02 2007] : (92) Daelan: " The loss of the one it is spiritually connected too can have adverse effects on some animals."
[Sat Sep 22 23:07:08 2007] : (95) DM: It whuffs and neighs, its head drooping.
[Sat Sep 22 23:08:17 2007] : (88) Morti: "Oooo.. you miss your master." :speaks to the animal caringly, as he pets it.:
[Sat Sep 22 23:09:45 2007] : (95) DM: It nods.
[Sat Sep 22 23:10:19 2007] : (95) DM: It's head comes up at Daelan's approach as if a bit of spirit momentarily fills its head but then it droops down.
[Sat Sep 22 23:10:28 2007] : (88) Morti: "I'm sorry. We'll do what we can for your master. So eat up and stay strong for her.. alright?"
[Sat Sep 22 23:11:28 2007] : ** (92) Daelan places his hand gently on the horses neck **
[Sat Sep 22 23:11:55 2007] : (95) DM: The animal looks at Daelan with sorrowful eyes.
[Sat Sep 22 23:12:47 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Death does not become you noble steed,better to live in honor as your master did."
[Sat Sep 22 23:13:18 2007] : (95) DM: It whuffs though whether it understood you is a question you cannot answer.
[Sat Sep 22 23:14:52 2007] : (92) Daelan: " They have not buried the dead paladin as of yet Morti,they parade its corpse through town."
[Sat Sep 22 23:15:19 2007] : (88) Morti: "EH?! W-why??!"
[Sat Sep 22 23:16:30 2007] : (95) DM: The steed droops down and morosely feeds on some oats.
[Sat Sep 22 23:17:27 2007] : (92) Daelan: " To show the people that they have lacked in their beliefs and in doing so has cost the warrior its chance on being raised."
[Sat Sep 22 23:18:23 2007] : ** (88) Morti cringes at the 'reason' as he he turns away to watch the pitiful horse try to feed. "It's wrong." **
[Sat Sep 22 23:18:58 2007] : (88) Morti: "What kind of priest would allow such a thing?"
[Sat Sep 22 23:20:16 2007] : (92) Daelan: " I say one who is of darkness yet walks during the day."
[Sat Sep 22 23:20:45 2007] : (88) Morti: :looks to Dale: "An imposter?"
[Sat Sep 22 23:21:23 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Perhaps."
[Sat Sep 22 23:22:20 2007] : ** (88) Morti bites his lip in comtemplation, the expression oddly mirrored in his mask. He looks off to the well outside a moment, before glancign back to Dael: "How long until the others get back?" **
[Sat Sep 22 23:23:20 2007] : (92) Daelan: " I can not say,some went to the temple to ask that the paladin be buried in hallowed ground."
[Sat Sep 22 23:23:41 2007] : ** (95) Mikiti enters the stable bearing a bundle of oats for the trough. He stops short upon seeing you and asks dumbly, "Whut you doing here?" **
[Sat Sep 22 23:24:48 2007] : (88) Morti: "EH?" :looks to the stable boy, needing a second before answering: "We were just checking on the paladin's horse."
[Sat Sep 22 23:25:08 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Checking on the paladins horse,can you not see this steed is in need of better care.''
[Sat Sep 22 23:25:35 2007] : (95) Mikiti: "It just be a horse. De woman who rode it died."
[Sat Sep 22 23:25:55 2007] : ** (95) Mikiti shuffles over to the trough and dumps a bunch of oats into it uncaringly. **
[Sat Sep 22 23:26:22 2007] : ** (88) Morti frowns at the boy. **
[Sat Sep 22 23:26:25 2007] : ** (92) Daelan grabs Mikiti and pushes him against the stall **
[Sat Sep 22 23:26:51 2007] : ** (95) Mikiti resists. "Hey you! Get offa me!" **
[Sat Sep 22 23:27:01 2007] : (88) Morti: "Dael" :calls at the elf as he becomes rough with the boy:
[Sat Sep 22 23:27:17 2007] : (92) Daelan: " You will tend to this horse,you will groom it,bathe it,feed it and exercise it. Anything less will be a grave mistake on your part do you hear me Human."
[Sat Sep 22 23:27:53 2007] : (95) Mikiti: "Dat promise of Okorosh. Not my job." (sullenly)
[Sat Sep 22 23:28:28 2007] : (92) Daelan: " It is your job now Human."
[Sat Sep 22 23:28:31 2007] : (95) Mikiti: "Him know more about de woman."
[Sat Sep 22 23:28:41 2007] : (95) Mikiti: "Not my job! Dumb horse."
[Sat Sep 22 23:28:53 2007] : ** (92) Daelan reaches into his belt pouch and takes out several gold coins **
[Sat Sep 22 23:28:57 2007] : ** (95) Mikiti looks dumbly at Daelan. **
[Sat Sep 22 23:29:10 2007] : (95) Mikiti: "Whut be dat? Pretty thing."
[Sat Sep 22 23:29:16 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): You know, one of these days Daelan is going to push the wrong NPC and die in a way that we can't save him... At times like this I hope for that moment. :-)
[Sat Sep 22 23:29:25 2007] : (88) Morti: :groans: "Dael, he's just a kid. He doesn't understand. Let it go."
[Sat Sep 22 23:29:26 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): LOL
[Sat Sep 22 23:29:55 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Do as I say Human and you may live to a ripe old age,take this gold and take care of the horse do you understand me? Now tell me where I can find this Okorosh."
[Sat Sep 22 23:30:17 2007] : ** (95) Mikiti looks at the gold uncomprehendingly and at Daelan. **
[Sat Sep 22 23:30:24 2007] : ** (92) Daelan releases the kid **
[Sat Sep 22 23:31:07 2007] : ** (95) Mikiti rubs his arms, massaging them and shuffles off with a sullen look on his face, muttering. He's slow to pocket the gold though. **
[Sat Sep 22 23:31:12 2007] : (92) Daelan: " I do not mind the loss of a Human,but the mistreatment of this steed is not to be tollerated Morti."
[Sat Sep 22 23:31:41 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Hey Human where is this Okorosh?"
[Sat Sep 22 23:31:50 2007] : (95) Mikiti: "In dere." (points to the inn)
[Sat Sep 22 23:31:59 2007] : ** (88) Morti shakes his head, "Scaring a boy who doesn't even understand what you're upset about does not help." **
[Sat Sep 22 23:31:59 2007] : (95) Mikiti: "He be de innkeep. My da."
[Sat Sep 22 23:33:49 2007] : ** (92) Daelan guides the horse over to some water,then leads it into a better stall if there are any. **
[Sat Sep 22 23:34:33 2007] : (88) Morti: :to Dael, trying to change the subject: "Can you stay and keep an eye on the well, While I go check on Drenla and Rhian, and warn them?"
[Sat Sep 22 23:34:49 2007] : (92) Daelan: " No one should ever trust those who mistreat animals,one who does such acts should be looked upon with hatred Morti,this Okorosh is one such as I speak of."
[Sat Sep 22 23:35:18 2007] : ** (95) Mikiti shuffles off to the back of the inn and heads to the kitchen. **
[Sat Sep 22 23:35:52 2007] : (88) Morti: :groans: "The horse is suffering from loss. You cannot blame these people for not knowing how to heal its heart."
[Sat Sep 22 23:35:56 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Go and see to them,I shall remain here."
[Sat Sep 22 23:35:59 2007] : (89) Thom: (( smoke while Thom is not the focus... Hmm, who knows what he might do while not being watched... ))
[Sat Sep 22 23:37:05 2007] : ** (88) Morti gives the elf a final nod and heads back into the inn, and up to their room, knocking on the open door to awaken the sleeping mage and Sedai. "Miss Rhian, Magus Drenla.." **
[Sat Sep 22 23:37:30 2007] : ** (92) Daelan speaks to Morti as he walks away," That may be true,but there is no harm in compassion Morti." **
[Sat Sep 22 23:37:42 2007] : ** (95) Drenla wakes, "What, eh?" **
[Sat Sep 22 23:37:46 2007] : ** (92) Daelan rubs the horse down with a handful of straw **
[Sat Sep 22 23:38:47 2007] : ** (95) Rhian awakens with a start. **
[Sat Sep 22 23:38:57 2007] : (88) Morti: "I'm sorry to wake you, but I have to warn you. We had a ... vist.. a stranger peeping in on us. They left without incidance, but I thought it best to warn you both."
[Sat Sep 22 23:39:36 2007] : (95) Rhian: "Hmm..."
[Sat Sep 22 23:40:01 2007] : ** (95) Rhian yawns tiredly. "If I could weave a ward, I would." **
[Sat Sep 22 23:40:14 2007] : (95) Rhian: "Are you sure?" (yawns)
[Sat Sep 22 23:40:43 2007] : (88) Morti: :nods; I'm sure. Though I'm not sure what they were after. Hopefully she was just scouting to rob us."
[Sat Sep 22 23:41:52 2007] : ** (95) Rhian looks at Drenla sleepily, then at Morti. "I'm not sure I'm going to be of much use. It might be better if your friend, the wizard cast a ward on this room." **
[Sat Sep 22 23:43:36 2007] : (88) Morti: "Hopefully that won'the be necessary. But... Magus Drenla, I leave it to you. I have a secret room to investigate." :grins and turns out the of the doorway, searching the wall for the hidden door he saw the woman exit.:
[Sat Sep 22 23:45:36 2007] : ** (95) Drenla nods gravely and waves Morti off as he begins to cast. **
[Sat Sep 22 23:45:49 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Search
[Sat Sep 22 23:45:57 2007] : (88) Morti: Search Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [5,3] = (8)
[Sat Sep 22 23:46:10 2007] : (95) DM: (what are your plans while M and D do what they do?)
[Sat Sep 22 23:46:53 2007] : (92) Daelan: ( you talking to me dm?)
[Sat Sep 22 23:47:21 2007] : (87) Atross: ((Hauling bodies to the temple, ayup.))
[Sat Sep 22 23:47:44 2007] : (89) Thom: (( Thom would "lead" the horse [Cael] => Cael with the dead bodies and Atross to the temple. If they don't show after a minute [which I doubt with all they are doing] => which I doubt with all they are doing, Thom would seek an audience with Andress. ))
[Sat Sep 22 23:48:01 2007] : (95) DM: (k)
[Sat Sep 22 23:48:07 2007] : ** (88) Morti knocks along the wall, checking for the right hollow echo, feeling for seems, and look for a switch or lever. "Hmmm.. how does Thom do this?" **
[Sat Sep 22 23:48:16 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're not quite sure what it is you're looking for. ^^
[Sat Sep 22 23:48:33 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (whispering): take 10 then
[Sat Sep 22 23:48:37 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Sep 22 23:48:42 2007] : (89) Thom: (( I'm just that good. :-P ))
[Sat Sep 22 23:49:17 2007] : ** (88) Morti spends a long while trying to figure out how to open a hidden door. **
[Sat Sep 22 23:49:31 2007] : (88) Lunauc: (whispering): any bonus for having seen it open?
[Sat Sep 22 23:49:35 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): I was hoping that Daelan would actually pass my message on so we could get the party together again instead of being split, but you ruined that with the peeping Tom, or Peeping Sue in this case.
[Sat Sep 22 23:50:43 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): +1
[Sat Sep 22 23:51:21 2007] : ** (92) Daelan takes care of the horse and watches the well,while waiting for Morti and the others. **
[Sat Sep 22 23:51:39 2007] : (95) DM: As if by chance, perhaps it was a hidden knot or a floorboard, but a section of wall slides noiselessly aside revealing a spider-webbed cloaked passage shrouded in gloom.
[Sat Sep 22 23:53:24 2007] : ** (88) Morti gives a silent cheer to his success. Though sobers as he takes in the dank little chamber. he steps in looking about for anything left by the peeper, or other peeping holes. **
[Sat Sep 22 23:55:21 2007] : (95) DM: The corridor stretches the length and breadth of the interior of the inn, and seems to form a hidden room whose walls form the rear walls of several bedrooms in the inn.
[Sat Sep 22 23:55:42 2007] : (95) DM: Each section of the corridor has several peepholes and leather-covered flaps, ostensibly for eavesdroppers.
[Sat Sep 22 23:56:20 2007] : (95) DM: There is a moss-covered key that seems to have been hastily dropped by the corridor's previous occupant, shortly after you enter the passage.
[Sat Sep 22 23:57:41 2007] : ** (88) Morti picks up the key as he walks the hall. Idly he glances into a peephole here and there, out of curiosity **
[Sat Sep 22 23:58:45 2007] : (95) DM: All glance into bedrooms.
[Sat Sep 22 23:59:00 2007] : (95) DM: One of them looks over the room you were sleeping in.

[Sun Sep 23 00:00:08 2007] : ** (88) Morti shakes his head at the invasion of property. " This should be illegal." :comments as he exits and closes the door behind him. Then he heads back down and out to the stables to meet back with Dael: **
[Sun Sep 23 00:01:13 2007] : (88) Morti: "Anything happen while I was away?"
[Sun Sep 23 00:01:54 2007] : (95) DM: (pokes Daelan)
[Sun Sep 23 00:03:42 2007] : (92) Daelan: " No,been quiet,I take it the others were fine."
[Sun Sep 23 00:04:19 2007] : (88) Morti: :nods: "I think they'll be okay. Oh! and I found akey." :grins:
[Sun Sep 23 00:04:46 2007] : (92) Daelan: " A key to what?"
[Sun Sep 23 00:05:02 2007] : ** (88) Morti shrugs **
[Sun Sep 23 00:05:15 2007] : (92) Daelan: " May I see the key?"
[Sun Sep 23 00:05:24 2007] : ** (88) Morti hands the key over **
[Sun Sep 23 00:06:10 2007] : ** (92) Daelan looks at the moss covered key," Perhaps this opens a door at the bottom of the well,moss does grow in wet places Morti." **
[Sun Sep 23 00:06:48 2007] : (92) Daelan: " So where did you find this key?"
[Sun Sep 23 00:06:50 2007] : (88) Morti: "Maybe.. but if that's true.. I wonder how she was planning to get through the door down there."
[Sun Sep 23 00:07:28 2007] : (88) Morti: :looks down the well: "It was in a secret peeping hall upstairs."
[Sun Sep 23 00:08:41 2007] : (95) DM: (well while the two stalwart heroes think what to do, shifting over to Thom and company)
[Sun Sep 23 00:09:17 2007] : (88) Morti: :calls down the well: "Are you still down there waiting for us to leave?"
[Sun Sep 23 00:09:33 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Perhaps the door is unlocked since the person dropped it and did not return to retrieve it.'
[Sun Sep 23 00:09:53 2007] : ** (89) Thom 'leads the horse and dead bodies to the temple and after waiting for a couple minutes with no sign of Daelan and Morti, he proceeds to the entrance, with the intention of seeking an audience with Andress. **
[Sun Sep 23 00:11:19 2007] : (95) DM: No response seems to be forthcoming.
[Sun Sep 23 00:11:39 2007] : (89) Thom: (( btw - what time of the day is it? ))
[Sun Sep 23 00:11:46 2007] : (95) DM: An acolyte meets you at the entrance to the temple of Bralvanyr and smiles welcomingly.
[Sun Sep 23 00:12:04 2007] : (95) DM: (early evening)
[Sun Sep 23 00:12:05 2007] : (88) Morti: :to Dael: "Should we go after her?"
[Sun Sep 23 00:12:41 2007] : (95) DM: He mentions that Andress is communing with the god and is not seeing anyone at the moment.
[Sun Sep 23 00:12:46 2007] : (92) Daelan: " That is entirely up to you Morti,do you feel strong enough to face what may be down there?"
[Sun Sep 23 00:13:33 2007] : ** (88) Morti scratches hi head, "Well.. I can open hidden doors." :grins: **
[Sun Sep 23 00:13:40 2007] : ** (89) Thom smiles back to the acolyte. "I see, well - we are humble adventurers that have returned from a very evil valley with the bodies of those sworn in service to Bralvanyr, and we were hoping to see that they are laid to rest on holy ground here." **
[Sun Sep 23 00:15:00 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Is that the extent of your abilities Morti? I somehow doubt it."
[Sun Sep 23 00:16:14 2007] : (95) DM: He bows and murmurs, "I will see to it that Her Grace sees to your request as soon as possible."
[Sun Sep 23 00:16:20 2007] : ** (88) Morti shrugs, "I'm not much for dungeoneering. Should we wait for Thom?" **
[Sun Sep 23 00:16:52 2007] : (89) Thom: "Please do, even the bodies of holy warriors tend to stink after a while."
[Sun Sep 23 00:17:05 2007] : (95) Acolyte: "She is unfortunately not available at the moment."
[Sun Sep 23 00:17:26 2007] : (89) Thom: "Can anyone else take charge of the bodies then?"
[Sun Sep 23 00:17:44 2007] : (95) Acolyte: "We can receive the newly fallen into the care of the god."
[Sun Sep 23 00:18:03 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): sense motive - [1d20+16] => [14,16] = (30) because, well, just because.
[Sun Sep 23 00:18:09 2007] : (92) Daelan: " They headed over to the temple of Bralvanyr."
[Sun Sep 23 00:18:48 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): he's telling the truth
[Sun Sep 23 00:19:12 2007] : (89) Thom: "Please do then. We would still appreciate an audience with her when she is available, as there is news from that valley that should be communicated to her."
[Sun Sep 23 00:19:52 2007] : (95) Acolyte: "If you come in the morning, she oftentimes sees those who seek to speak to her."
[Sun Sep 23 00:19:56 2007] : ** (88) Morti takes a moment to weight their options before getting an idea. Fishing into his pocket he pulls out a coin and suggests, "Heads we go get the others, tails we go down the well. Okay?" **
[Sun Sep 23 00:20:24 2007] : (92) Daelan: " As you wish Morti.''
[Sun Sep 23 00:20:51 2007] : ** (88) Morti grins at what he thinks is a good idea, as he flips the coin. [1d2] => [2] = (2) **
[Sun Sep 23 00:21:25 2007] : (88) Morti: "Tails... so.. you wanna go get Thom, while I watch the well? Or vice versa?"
[Sun Sep 23 00:21:27 2007] : (89) Thom: "Along with the everyday common rabble that she must endure in service to her lord? Hmmph, and I figured that she would be interested in the banishment of evil enough for a special audience."
[Sun Sep 23 00:21:49 2007] : (88) Morti: (oh, nix that)
[Sun Sep 23 00:22:07 2007] : (88) Morti: "No wait.. tails is we go down the well..."
[Sun Sep 23 00:22:10 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): Thom is acting respectful, but now is putting on airs like he has important information for her ears only. Justy trying to get it over with... ;-)
[Sun Sep 23 00:23:04 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Changing your mind already Morti,perhaps it would be best if you went and got the others, I do not wish to be faced with a large force of Edain and have you change your mind."
[Sun Sep 23 00:24:15 2007] : ** (88) Morti sighs and nods. "Alright. I'll head to the temple to find them." **
[Sun Sep 23 00:24:25 2007] : ** (95) Acolyte bows, as a flash of worry crosses his face. "I...I will see what I can do. She has given orders that she is not to be disturbed." **
[Sun Sep 23 00:25:06 2007] : ** (88) Morti offers a salute to the elf and turns to head for the Temple to find their comrades. **
[Sun Sep 23 00:25:37 2007] : ** (92) Daelan looks at the horse as Morti runs off towards the temple," He is an odd Human." **
[Sun Sep 23 00:26:29 2007] : (95) DM: The acolyte turns and heads into the temple and leaves you in the vestibule.
[Sun Sep 23 00:26:31 2007] : ** (89) Thom relazes his look and sighs slightly, speaking much more calmly. "I can understand orders. Do what you are comfortable doing. But I would appreciate being allowed to watch over the bodies of Astari and Shaunnra's squire here being layed to rest." **
[Sun Sep 23 00:27:02 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): Paying careful attention to see any reaction to the names of the bodies.
[Sun Sep 23 00:27:35 2007] : (89) Thom: (( obviously tring to be said before he leaves... darn my slow typing. ))
[Sun Sep 23 00:28:04 2007] : (95) DM: After some time, he returns, wringing his hands as he does so.
[Sun Sep 23 00:28:23 2007] : (95) Acolyte: "She will see you tomorrow prior to the dawn service."
[Sun Sep 23 00:28:58 2007] : (95) Acolyte: "In the meantime, if you like, we will take your burden into our hands."
[Sun Sep 23 00:29:45 2007] : (89) Thom: "That will be acceptable. May my friend and I be present for the laying of rest of Astari and Shaunnra's squire? It would put our minds at ease to see them safely in holy ground."
[Sun Sep 23 00:30:01 2007] : (89) Thom: (( *laying to rest ))
[Sun Sep 23 00:31:15 2007] : ** (95) Acolyte bows and directs his colleauges to see them interred until such time as Andress can attend to them. **
[Sun Sep 23 00:31:22 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Spot
[Sun Sep 23 00:31:48 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): spot - [1d20+16] => [14,16] = (30)
[Sun Sep 23 00:33:02 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): he's been whipped
[Sun Sep 23 00:33:23 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a gash that he's trying to hide (and not very well) is visible at the base of his neck
[Sun Sep 23 00:33:31 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): Damn, I feel kinda bad. Then again - she's a bitch for doing so...
[Sun Sep 23 00:33:45 2007] : (95) Acolyte: "Come back on the morrow and Her Grace will see you."
[Sun Sep 23 00:35:27 2007] : ** (89) Thom approaches the acolyte and looks into the acolyte's eyes intensly. He makes a quick glance to the acolyte's neck. "I appologize for any trouble you received. And I thank you for doing what you could. It seems I have another thing to discuss with her grace." **
[Sun Sep 23 00:36:27 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): sense motive for his reaction, to see if he is excited about someone facing her, or actually appalled that someone would question her rule. [1d20+16] => [4,16] = (20) Basically, trying to see if there is support in the temple for her removal as well.
[Sun Sep 23 00:36:31 2007] : ** (95) Acolyte smiles warmly, though a bit pained. He nods quickly and hisses, "Seek Okorosh at the Double Bolt Inn.", then steps back impassively and directs his fellows. **
[Sun Sep 23 00:37:33 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): excited
[Sun Sep 23 00:37:57 2007] : ** (89) Thom nods to Atross to collect the reins of the horse and they begin making their way back towards the inn. As soon as Thom notes a dark and deserted enough place, he gets Cael to enter and resume his normal form. **
[Sun Sep 23 00:38:38 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): oh yeah - taking out an evil female leader. May not be the tempest (at least I hope not...), but it's something since I can't touch her.
[Sun Sep 23 00:39:01 2007] : ** (87) Atross pretends to lead the horse away after helping get the bodies safely unloaded and interred. **
[Sun Sep 23 00:39:27 2007] : ** (77) Cael shifts back, stretching a bit. "While being a horse is quite enjoyable, I do believe that will be the last time I will be anyone's pack animal." **
[Sun Sep 23 00:41:18 2007] : (89) Thom: "We do appreciate it Cael. And it seems as though this little quest of yours has gotten even more interesting. We need to head back and find out what happened to Morti and Daelan. I thought that retrieving the little magus would be easy enough for Daelan, but I guess not."
[Sun Sep 23 00:41:26 2007] : (95) DM: An old woman comes out of a nearby building with a basket on her arm. Grumbling and talking to herself, she takes a few steps towards you, then stops and stares, fear battling her emotions on her face as she tries to decide whether to speak with you.
[Sun Sep 23 00:42:41 2007] : ** (89) Thom smiles to the lady and then quickly glances around to make sure they are not being watched, being sure to keep his hands far from his weapons. **
[Sun Sep 23 00:42:49 2007] : (77) Cael: "I have a feeling is was a bit more than a lack of skill on Daelan's part, the boy is quite... interesting at times."
[Sun Sep 23 00:43:46 2007] : (89) Thom: "Yes, but I doubt that had Daelan done exactly what was asked little would have stopped Morti from coming."
[Sun Sep 23 00:43:47 2007] : ** (77) Cael casts a quick look at the woman, trying to guess what she is doing, then gives a simple nod. **
[Sun Sep 23 00:44:18 2007] : (77) Cael: "Perhaps, unless something else caught his interest."
[Sun Sep 23 00:44:23 2007] : (95) DM: She approaches you a bit hesitantly, though her steps grow more confident as she comes nearer.
[Sun Sep 23 00:44:45 2007] : (95) DM: She keeps looking over your shoulders at the acolytes at the temple, though after a moment seems satisfied.
[Sun Sep 23 00:45:07 2007] : ** (89) Thom 'accidentally' trips a little and stops to bend down and tie his boot. While bent over, he does speak softly to the lady as she approaches. "Welcome, although we are strangers we mean you no harm." **
[Sun Sep 23 00:45:25 2007] : (89) Thom: (( hmm - good evening instead of welcome ))
[Sun Sep 23 00:45:42 2007] : (95) Mercia: "No, you might not. But you are strangers here and we rarely have them now that She is here."
[Sun Sep 23 00:46:17 2007] : ** (77) Cael speaks softly, "So we've been told." **
[Sun Sep 23 00:46:17 2007] : (89) Thom: "Then we should all hope that things change again so that trade might return and the town prosper once again."
[Sun Sep 23 00:46:58 2007] : (95) Mercia: "I hope so too." (thinks a moment)
[Sun Sep 23 00:47:25 2007] : (95) Mercia: "I...you seem like someone who might be trustworthy."
[Sun Sep 23 00:47:58 2007] : ** (89) Thom finishes tying his boot, but remains knelt down. "We are heading to the Double Bolt Inn ourselves, would you join us for a drink? We can likely talk more easily when we are all seated and relaxed, yes?" **
[Sun Sep 23 00:48:17 2007] : (95) Mercia: "The paladin who died...Shaunnra. She was Her Grace's sister."
[Sun Sep 23 00:48:50 2007] : ** (95) Mercia looks over your shoulder at the temple worriedly. "I really shouldn't be talking to you. Her Grace, Andress, has warned us not to talk to strangers." **
[Sun Sep 23 00:48:55 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): Since Thom is guessing that the Double Bolt is the headquarters for the opposition to Andress now, if she is with them he is hoping she knows the name. And if not, that's simply where they already have rooms.
[Sun Sep 23 00:50:08 2007] : (95) Mercia: "There are people about." (thinks a moment) "People who are not of us."
[Sun Sep 23 00:50:59 2007] : ** (89) Thom looks completely taken aback, "Her own sister? And she dares..." Thom stops speaking, his jaw clenching in obvious anger. "Very well. You know where we will be if you wish to find us. My name is Thom by the way, Thom Lox." **
[Sun Sep 23 00:51:39 2007] : ** (77) Cael gives a slight bow. "I am Cael, I believe you probably know of my cousin." **
[Sun Sep 23 00:51:40 2007] : (95) Mercia: "Mercia. And if you need poultices and herbs, visit my shop."
[Sun Sep 23 00:52:11 2007] : (95) Mercia: "I do know him. Well... I know of him."
[Sun Sep 23 00:53:22 2007] : (89) Thom: "Wel met Mercia. And now, we are no longer strangers." Thom smiles at the lady again, "And I do believe that we would be interested in purchasing some herbs from someone that we know. I shall be sure to visit your shoppe tomorrow, where exactly is it located?"
[Sun Sep 23 00:53:36 2007] : (95) Mercia: "If by chance you have need of some foxglove, come by later and I might make a batch for you." (loudly)
[Sun Sep 23 00:53:59 2007] : ** (95) Mercia smiles, this time with a bit more warmth, and makes her way slowly down the street. **
[Sun Sep 23 00:54:24 2007] : ** (89) Thom gives a slight nod and speaks a little louder as well, "I thank you for that my lady." **
[Sun Sep 23 00:54:54 2007] : (77) Cael: "Perhaps we should join our friends, we seem to be learning more every moment."
[Sun Sep 23 00:55:19 2007] : ** (89) Thom stands and moves along once Mercia leaves, not even looking back once. After a few moments he looks at Cael, "Even more interesting Cael." **
[Sun Sep 23 00:56:38 2007] : ** (92) Daelan continues to watch the well as he grooms the horse. **
[Sun Sep 23 00:57:46 2007] : ** (88) Morti makes his way toward the Temple(figure I'll meet em half way) **
[Sun Sep 23 00:58:12 2007] : (95) DM: A hand reaches up and grasps the edge of the well.
[Sun Sep 23 00:58:44 2007] : (89) Thom: "Hey, there's the little one. Where is Daelan? Did he get himself killed finally by yelling at the wrong person?"
[Sun Sep 23 00:58:52 2007] : (95) DM: Soon followed by another hand, and a girl garbed in dark leather armor.
[Sun Sep 23 00:58:55 2007] : (92) Daelan: slowly brings his bow up,aiming at the area where the person should show themselves.
[Sun Sep 23 00:59:24 2007] : ** (77) Cael chuckles at Thom's comment. **
[Sun Sep 23 00:59:46 2007] : (95) DM: She pulls herself over the well and hoists herself, not seeing Daelan as she looks about the courtyard. Fortunately it's deserted.
[Sun Sep 23 01:00:03 2007] : (89) Thom: (( that was to Morti btw... ))
[Sun Sep 23 01:00:14 2007] : ** (88) Morti hustles to a run as he sees his friends. "Oi! I was looking for you guys!" **
[Sun Sep 23 01:00:22 2007] : ** (92) Daelan fires at the woman **
[Sun Sep 23 01:00:38 2007] : (95) DM: Her black hair is pulled back in a ponytail, her tanned arms scarred as if from a long fall.
[Sun Sep 23 01:00:45 2007] : (77) Cael: "We were just about to come to you, we have some new insights."
[Sun Sep 23 01:00:46 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): roll to hit
[Sun Sep 23 01:00:55 2007] : (89) Thom: "And we got tired of waiting for you. I fully expected you to join us at the temple quickly once Daelan told you what we were doing."
[Sun Sep 23 01:01:20 2007] : (92) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [13,21] = (34) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [3,3,3,0] = (9)
[Sun Sep 23 01:01:20 2007] : (92) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [14,21] = (35) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [8,3,3,0] = (14)
[Sun Sep 23 01:01:20 2007] : (92) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [19,16] = (35) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [6,3,5,0] = (14)
[Sun Sep 23 01:01:36 2007] : (89) Thom: (( hope no one wanted to question her... ))
[Sun Sep 23 01:02:18 2007] : (88) Morti: :nods: "Right.. well now we have to head back to the Inn. We chased a peeper down a well, and were waiting for you. Come on!" :starts running back toward the inn... with such odd explanation:
[Sun Sep 23 01:02:47 2007] : ** (77) Cael cocks an eyebrow at Thom, "I suppose we'd best follow." **
[Sun Sep 23 01:02:53 2007] : (89) Thom: "Who cares about a peeper?" he mutters, but quickly follows Morti.
[Sun Sep 23 01:03:11 2007] : ** (89) Thom nods to Cael in response. **
[Sun Sep 23 01:03:40 2007] : (88) Morti: :speaks in pants as he runs: "Just thought.. she might be.. after us.."
[Sun Sep 23 01:03:43 2007] : (95) DM: She gasps and falls to her death.
[Sun Sep 23 01:04:17 2007] : ** (92) Daelan returns to grooming the horse **
[Sun Sep 23 01:04:53 2007] : (89) Thom: "She? I doubt it. Peeping around an inn is a way of life."
[Sun Sep 23 01:05:43 2007] : (88) Morti: "aAnd do Peepers usually climb down wells?"
[Sun Sep 23 01:06:07 2007] : (89) Thom: "Well, that's new. Of course, there weren't many dry wells in Highkeep."
[Sun Sep 23 01:07:00 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): BTW - I'm kinda making some assumptions here about Highkeep. Let me know if anything is terriblely wrong.
[Sun Sep 23 01:07:17 2007] : (88) Morti: "Either way, I figured it was something we should check out. She might know something about what's going on."
[Sun Sep 23 01:07:35 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): oh?
[Sun Sep 23 01:07:36 2007] : (89) Thom: "Everyone else we have met seems to."
[Sun Sep 23 01:08:05 2007] : (87) Atross: "Even if she doesn't, it's might prove with seeing what's down the well."
[Sun Sep 23 01:08:28 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): like that peeping halls were common, or at least no unheard of (what I'm calling what Morti found) and that there weren't many dry wells to climb down...
[Sun Sep 23 01:08:52 2007] : (87) Atross: ((Worth seeing))
[Sun Sep 23 01:08:58 2007] : (88) Morti: "Right.." :proudly leads them back toward the inn:
[Sun Sep 23 01:09:45 2007] : ** (92) Daelan offers the horse some more water then some hay. **
[Sun Sep 23 01:10:06 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh
[Sun Sep 23 01:10:11 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes they are
[Sun Sep 23 01:10:22 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): nothing major, things that make sense.
[Sun Sep 23 01:10:48 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "I see you've taken a liking to her steed." (enters the stable)
[Sun Sep 23 01:10:57 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): k - just didn't figure it was worth asking you, waiting for a response, then typing my response to Morti. Would have been too delayed to make sense in the dialogue.
[Sun Sep 23 01:11:11 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "Mikiti told me that an elf accosted him. You might be that elf."
[Sun Sep 23 01:11:30 2007] : (77) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Cael now senses a disturbance in the force...
[Sun Sep 23 01:11:36 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): and now the barkeep sees the dead girl and has Daelan arrested. Or tries to, or something.
[Sun Sep 23 01:11:38 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sun Sep 23 01:11:41 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): Please?
[Sun Sep 23 01:11:46 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Sep 23 01:11:50 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): she fell IN the well
[Sun Sep 23 01:11:54 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): not on the ground
[Sun Sep 23 01:12:19 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): awww... no fair. If he's arrested we can leave him and he can't get us in trouble. :-)
[Sun Sep 23 01:12:52 2007] : (92) Daelan: " I do intend on taking care of this neglected steed,and yes I did yell at your young Human."
[Sun Sep 23 01:13:00 2007] : ** (95) Okrosh walks over to a bale of hay and puts his head in his hands, glumly. **
[Sun Sep 23 01:13:44 2007] : (92) Daelan: " I was told you know about the lady who rode this steed,is that true?"
[Sun Sep 23 01:13:46 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "He is not to blame for his actions. His parents and his sister were slain in a fire ten years ago."
[Sun Sep 23 01:14:15 2007] : (92) Daelan: " I paid hiim well.''
[Sun Sep 23 01:14:18 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "He was but a child then. The fire nearly killed him, but for Shaunnra's timely action."
[Sun Sep 23 01:14:21 2007] : (92) Daelan: *him
[Sun Sep 23 01:14:43 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "Mikiti doesn't know gold. He's not quite as smart as other people."
[Sun Sep 23 01:15:06 2007] : (92) Daelan: " And this is how you treat a persons steed that tried to save this town of yours?"
[Sun Sep 23 01:15:16 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Ahh that explains much."
[Sun Sep 23 01:15:31 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "I know about Shaunnra, yes. She and I used to adventure together. After she died, I promised to take care of her mount out of respect for her memory."
[Sun Sep 23 01:16:06 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "I haven't been myself lately. Today I awoke as if from a dream, not knowing of my own actions."
[Sun Sep 23 01:16:26 2007] : (92) Daelan: " You are not doing a good job. This animal needs compassion and attention."
[Sun Sep 23 01:16:43 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "And well, with Andress as the priestess of the god, I don't know who exactly to trust any more."
[Sun Sep 23 01:17:34 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "I thought I was."
[Sun Sep 23 01:17:37 2007] : (92) Daelan: " A companion of mine chased a female from your inn,he said he caught her spying on him,is this a practice you use on your guests as well?"
[Sun Sep 23 01:17:49 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "What are you talking about?"
[Sun Sep 23 01:18:40 2007] : (92) Daelan: " There was a female that ran from your inn not more than an hour ago,Morti went back inside to check on the others who are still resting in your Inn."
[Sun Sep 23 01:18:54 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Perhaps you should go upstairs and look around."
[Sun Sep 23 01:18:58 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "My guests pay good money to stay here, the best inn north of Nith'Tar Valon. I don't 'spy' on them. What are you talking about?"
[Sun Sep 23 01:19:57 2007] : (92) Daelan: " When the little Human Morti returns,he can show you where he found your peeping person as he called her."
[Sun Sep 23 01:20:53 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "You have him do that. In the meantime, I have an inn to run. And I have to figure out how to get more customers. You're the first I've had in months."
[Sun Sep 23 01:21:03 2007] : (92) Daelan: " As for this Andress you speak of,to parade the body of a fallen paladin around town and not lay it to rest is something I find troubling."
[Sun Sep 23 01:21:46 2007] : (92) Daelan: " When the others return there will be more staying at your inn.''
[Sun Sep 23 01:21:59 2007] : (88) Morti: (he not notice the arrow riddled body in the yard?)
[Sun Sep 23 01:22:08 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "She says that we lack faith in the god. I too have had some thoughts about it but she seemed to know what she was doing."
[Sun Sep 23 01:22:21 2007] : (89) Thom: (( it fell back into the well... ))
[Sun Sep 23 01:22:23 2007] : (95) DM: (she fell INTO the well)
[Sun Sep 23 01:22:40 2007] : (88) Morti: (oh)
[Sun Sep 23 01:22:49 2007] : (95) DM: (she hadn't fully gotten out yet when Daelan shot her)
[Sun Sep 23 01:23:28 2007] : (95) DM: He doesn't seem too confident.
[Sun Sep 23 01:24:14 2007] : (92) Daelan: " If she does that to instill faith in her god,then I do not think her god is worthy of any followers,think of what she will do when one of you die. Will she parade your body around town as well?"
[Sun Sep 23 01:24:18 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "It's not just you. We used to have travellers through here thick as butter. But all that changed with Andress as the Light of Bralvanyr. I'd like to know how that happened."
[Sun Sep 23 01:25:27 2007] : (92) Daelan: " She is not who she says she is."
[Sun Sep 23 01:25:31 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "Perhaps, but Shaunnra was a chosen of Bralvanyr."
[Sun Sep 23 01:25:58 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "If she isn't, then who is she? She was Shaunnra's sister, but as I understand it, they had a parting of ways a while back."
[Sun Sep 23 01:26:16 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "Shaunnra never spoke about it much. Always switched the subject as if talking about Andress pained her."
[Sun Sep 23 01:26:24 2007] : (92) Daelan: " And she fell in battle,and the Light of Bralvanyr parades her body around town? I find that rather insulting to those who follow this god."
[Sun Sep 23 01:26:43 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "It is indeed troubling."
[Sun Sep 23 01:27:21 2007] : (92) Daelan: " She would not be the first to kill her sister or brother killing brother for riches and kingdoms,perhaps the same holds true here."
[Sun Sep 23 01:27:53 2007] : (89) Thom: (( let us know when we get there Stash, not sure how long the girl waited before peaking out so she could get killed. ))
[Sun Sep 23 01:28:22 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Those who seek power do strange things."
[Sun Sep 23 01:31:17 2007] : (95) DM: ((walking takes time. :) ))
[Sun Sep 23 01:31:42 2007] : (88) Morti: (that's why we're running! HooYah!)
[Sun Sep 23 01:31:50 2007] : (89) Thom: (( exactly. ))
[Sun Sep 23 01:32:33 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "If it is indeed the case that Andress was behind the death of one so dear as Shaunnra, who was loved in this village as dearly as our own children, then that is a monstrous thing to do and though I am not the priest I was, I charge you to find the truth of this matter and bring Andress to justice."
[Sun Sep 23 01:33:21 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "Why however, I do not know." (glumly)
[Sun Sep 23 01:33:36 2007] : (92) Daelan: " I believe my companions and I are doing that very thing."
[Sun Sep 23 01:36:17 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "It cannot come too soon."
[Sun Sep 23 01:36:30 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "I will be in the inn, tending bar should they need me."
[Sun Sep 23 01:36:54 2007] : (95) DM: (ok to ff if you like)
[Sun Sep 23 01:37:41 2007] : (89) Thom: (( aww, I had a comment all ready for running into Daelan and Okrosh talking together... ))
[Sun Sep 23 01:37:46 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Fare well Human."
[Sun Sep 23 01:37:56 2007] : (89) Thom: (( but sure - whatever it takes to get us back to the Inn. ))
[Sun Sep 23 01:39:39 2007] : ** (88) Morti leads the others back to the well, calling out to Dael: "Okay, I got em." **
[Sun Sep 23 01:40:41 2007] : (92) Daelan: " So it seems Morti,I had a rather long talk with Okorosh about the paladin who died and Andress."
[Sun Sep 23 01:40:48 2007] : ** (89) Thom follows Morti into the courtyard and after a scan of the area, finally slows himself completely down. "Where are Drenla and Rhian?" **
[Sun Sep 23 01:41:12 2007] : ** (88) Morti blinks and cocks his head to Dael: "Oh... ? Anything new?" **
[Sun Sep 23 01:41:12 2007] : (92) Daelan: " They are still in the Inn."
[Sun Sep 23 01:41:25 2007] : (89) Thom: "Okorosh? The innkeeper? Wow, these people seem to be crawling out of the woodwork asking for help."
[Sun Sep 23 01:41:34 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Other than it was her sister."
[Sun Sep 23 01:41:52 2007] : (89) Thom: "So, anything else?"
[Sun Sep 23 01:42:26 2007] : ** (89) Thom is obviously unimpressed with Daelan's news, as he had already been told. **
[Sun Sep 23 01:42:27 2007] : (88) Morti: "her sisters?"
[Sun Sep 23 01:42:29 2007] : (92) Daelan: " And since she has taken power at the temple,the town seems to have become listless,almost as if the very life were being drained from all who live here.'
[Sun Sep 23 01:42:40 2007] : (124) Xeriar (enter): 01:42
[Sun Sep 23 01:42:46 2007] : (124) Xeriar (exit): 01:42
[Sun Sep 23 01:43:13 2007] : (89) Thom: "Drained, or maybe beaten out of them." Thom turns to Atross and Cael, "Did either of you happen to notice the wounds on that acolyte when we came back out?"
[Sun Sep 23 01:43:25 2007] : (89) Thom: (( *he came ))
[Sun Sep 23 01:43:28 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Oh and your peeking female tried to crawl out of the well."
[Sun Sep 23 01:43:35 2007] : (87) Atross: "I didn't catch anything specific."
[Sun Sep 23 01:43:54 2007] : (77) Cael: "I can't say as I did, but at the time I was still a horse with 3 dead bodies on my back.
[Sun Sep 23 01:43:55 2007] : (77) Cael: "
[Sun Sep 23 01:43:57 2007] : ** (89) Thom looks to Daelan. "Tried? So you scared her back down again?" **
[Sun Sep 23 01:44:03 2007] : (88) Morti: :eyes widen to Dael: "Really? Where'd she go then?"
[Sun Sep 23 01:44:56 2007] : (92) Daelan: " No, I am almost certain that I killed her. She took 3 arrows to the chest,sighed and fell back into the well.''
[Sun Sep 23 01:45:08 2007] : (89) Thom: "YOU WHAT?!?"
[Sun Sep 23 01:45:37 2007] : ** (77) Cael looks at Daelan in shock, "At least tell me it was in self-defense, that you didn't kill her unprovoked." **
[Sun Sep 23 01:45:39 2007] : ** (88) Morti flinches. "B-but... why?! Who was she? did she attack you?" **
[Sun Sep 23 01:45:57 2007] : ** (92) Daelan looks at Thom," You did not understand what I said?" **
[Sun Sep 23 01:46:07 2007] : ** (89) Thom moves to the well and climbs over it, heading down the wooden rungs. **
[Sun Sep 23 01:46:12 2007] : (87) Atross: "You know, it'd have been really nice to take her alive. I guess if she was going to escape it's unavoidable though... Maybe we can still learn something."
[Sun Sep 23 01:47:03 2007] : (92) Daelan: " I was told to watch the well and the Inn,I could not do both if she fled,so I made her stay while keeping an eye on Drenla and Rhain.''
[Sun Sep 23 01:47:44 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): I know you said she's dead, but Thom is hoping she might still be alive down there. If there is no light, he will use his fire rapier as a torch.
[Sun Sep 23 01:48:04 2007] : ** (88) Morti stares at Dael with a mark of disbelief... "Did she try to run...?" He asks weakly seeking some excuse. **
[Sun Sep 23 01:48:23 2007] : (95) DM: Darkness shrouds the interior of the dry well. The air is anointed with the sickly sweet odor of the recently dead. The corpse of a young girl mars the bottom of the cistern, arrows embedded in her breast.
[Sun Sep 23 01:48:28 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Besides Okorosh seemed outraged when I told him of the peeking woman."
[Sun Sep 23 01:48:37 2007] : (87) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): So ends the chapter: Putting Out Peepers.
[Sun Sep 23 01:48:52 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sun Sep 23 01:49:12 2007] : (92) Daelan: " I did not give her the opportunity to run Morti."
[Sun Sep 23 01:49:17 2007] : ** (89) Thom draws out his rapier, igniting it with a thought to see better. After ensuring that she is indeed quite dead, Thom studies her for a few moments, committing her appearance to memory. **
[Sun Sep 23 01:49:37 2007] : (92) Daelan: " She came out,I shot her,she died,what else is there to tell."
[Sun Sep 23 01:50:20 2007] : ** (88) Morti shivers as he stares at the elf... "You just... shot her..? Didn't you even give her a chance to surrender?" **
[Sun Sep 23 01:50:39 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): So - Thom will remove the arrows from her body. He will also check out the well, seeing if there is anything else there.
[Sun Sep 23 01:50:49 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): search
[Sun Sep 23 01:51:20 2007] : ** (77) Cael walks awa from the group, looking to the sky, trying to collect his thoughts and calm himself. **
[Sun Sep 23 01:51:26 2007] : (77) Cael: (( away* ))
[Sun Sep 23 01:51:28 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): [1d20+14] => [6,14] = (20)
[Sun Sep 23 01:51:47 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): damn, my good rolls were on unnecessary sense motives.
[Sun Sep 23 01:51:48 2007] : (92) Daelan: " If she was a spy Morti I do not think she would have talked,without some encouragement if you get my meaning,and I know none of you are going to let that happen,so I just saved us some time thats all.''
[Sun Sep 23 01:53:02 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): oh, and committing her appearance to memory for two reasons - to describe her if needed and to use her for the disguise self spell, if needed.
[Sun Sep 23 01:53:05 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Perhaps you should give Thom the key you found Morti."
[Sun Sep 23 01:53:06 2007] : ** (88) Morti leans forward, gripping the edge of the well for support, as his body shakes. It is a while before he can find the voice to speak... "murderer..." **
[Sun Sep 23 01:53:17 2007] : (87) Atross: "If she was a spy, who did she report to?"
[Sun Sep 23 01:53:44 2007] : (92) Daelan: " From what I have seen in the town,Andress would be my guess."
[Sun Sep 23 01:53:50 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): Oh, and can I hear what is being said up top?
[Sun Sep 23 01:53:54 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): well I'll give it to you
[Sun Sep 23 01:54:02 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there's a secret door at the base of the well
[Sun Sep 23 01:54:04 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): in the wall
[Sun Sep 23 01:54:06 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): just barely, huh?
[Sun Sep 23 01:54:09 2007] : (88) Morti: :his voice is choked as he speaks: "You didn't know that!"
[Sun Sep 23 01:54:11 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): barely
[Sun Sep 23 01:54:11 2007] : (92) Daelan: " She spies on those who come here to the Inn,then reports to Andress."
[Sun Sep 23 01:54:19 2007] : (87) Atross: "Maybe..."
[Sun Sep 23 01:54:26 2007] : (88) Morti: "YOU [email protected] KNOW THAT!"
[Sun Sep 23 01:54:50 2007] : (88) Morti: "You have no idea who she was!"
[Sun Sep 23 01:55:10 2007] : (88) Morti: "You don't know why she wa watching us!"
[Sun Sep 23 01:55:46 2007] : (88) Morti: "Did she even see it coming, or did you hjust shoot her in the back like a miserable coward?!"
[Sun Sep 23 01:55:51 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): check the door for traps real quick. then return to the body and search it for any identifying papers, rings, or such. [1d20+14] => [8,14] = (22) (whether it identifies her, or you she was working for, if anyone - just to get it over with)
[Sun Sep 23 01:55:59 2007] : (92) Daelan: " There are only two that we know of that has spies around,one is the Evil One,and the other would be Andress."
[Sun Sep 23 01:56:13 2007] : ** (77) Cael walks to Morti, resting a hand on his shoulder. "You are right Morti, however, what's done is done, we cannot change the past, we'll simply have to work with the information we have." then looking at Daelan, "Not the assumptions we make." **
[Sun Sep 23 01:56:18 2007] : (87) Atross: "The Aes Sedai use spies as well, do they not?"
[Sun Sep 23 01:56:36 2007] : ** (88) Morti shakes with emtion, as he stares harshly at the elf, wetness glistening in his eyes. **
[Sun Sep 23 01:57:00 2007] : (92) Daelan: " If you look at her Morti,you will find all my arrows in front."
[Sun Sep 23 01:57:09 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there is a trap
[Sun Sep 23 01:57:22 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sec
[Sun Sep 23 01:57:34 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Do you think I would not have killed her had we gone down the well as you wanted to in the begining?"
[Sun Sep 23 01:57:35 2007] : (88) Morti: :glances in horror to Cael: "What? Just forget about it, until he kills someone else with no explanation? Is that acceptable?"
[Sun Sep 23 01:57:45 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): MW warhammer, crossbow
[Sun Sep 23 01:57:55 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): interesting... let's take care of that little trap then. No problem, I'm trying to keep Thom busy so that he doesn't attack Daelan and try to kill him right now.
[Sun Sep 23 01:58:27 2007] : (77) Cael: "No, never forget it, just use it, remember it. Use this memory to mold you into the person you will become."
[Sun Sep 23 01:58:35 2007] : (92) Daelan: " She was a Human,she was a spy,now she is dead,there is nothing else to explain.''
[Sun Sep 23 01:58:37 2007] : (87) Atross: "So close to Nith'Tar'Valon, I am sure the tower keeps its eyes even here. It doesn't pay to close one's mind to other options."
[Sun Sep 23 01:58:55 2007] : (77) Cael: "However, complaining and throwing around accusations is not going to help her, its not going to bring her back."
[Sun Sep 23 01:59:18 2007] : ** (88) Morti shakes his head at Cael's words, and stiffens at Dael's cold statement. **
[Sun Sep 23 01:59:21 2007] : (87) Atross: "Regardless, Daelan, you do realize that she must have made at least one last report."
[Sun Sep 23 01:59:23 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 10 bolts, MW studded leather armor (gorget, gloves, tunic, breeches, boots, helm), tin flask (corked), pouch with coins, necklace of teeth and ring made from a charred blackened bone.
[Sun Sep 23 02:00:12 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] => [8,15] = (23)
[Sun Sep 23 02:00:17 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's possible
[Sun Sep 23 02:01:30 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you think you might have disarmed it. :)
[Sun Sep 23 02:01:44 2007] : (92) Daelan: " She may have Atross,but even if she did,I cut their eyes out for now.''
[Sun Sep 23 02:02:22 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): Ok, so Thom will collect the pouch of coins, the necklace, and the ring. Those last two items actually bother him a bit, so he is figuring they maight be significant to someone. The coins - well, he is Neutral after all.
[Sun Sep 23 02:03:05 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): After looting the poor girls body (at least he didn't kill her) he'll check out the door, think he disarmed it as you said - and search again for the trap that had been there.
[Sun Sep 23 02:03:06 2007] : (92) Daelan: " The only ones they may know anything about would be Drenla,Rhain and Morti,the rest of us were not in our rooms,so there is little they would know of us."
[Sun Sep 23 02:03:30 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [16,13] = (29)
[Sun Sep 23 02:03:34 2007] : (92) Daelan: " And Cael was not even himself when we entered this town."
[Sun Sep 23 02:03:45 2007] : ** (88) Morti shakes his head, demanding to Cael, "No.. explain it to me. How is it that when the people we consider enemies kill people in cold blood it is evil? But when He does it we should just let it go!" **
[Sun Sep 23 02:03:49 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the trap seems to have been disarmed (needle/poison)
[Sun Sep 23 02:04:04 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): FYI, I haven't mapped out the interior beyond this door
[Sun Sep 23 02:04:05 2007] : (87) Atross: "I'm sure there's nothing important that any of them may have said, right? Think who you're talking about here."
[Sun Sep 23 02:04:15 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): ahh, one of those. Let's get this door open then.
[Sun Sep 23 02:04:28 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): just that this adventure is nonlinear and has a lot of different things you can do depending on what happens
[Sun Sep 23 02:04:30 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): ok. never mind just now then.
[Sun Sep 23 02:04:36 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): lol
[Sun Sep 23 02:04:42 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): always nice.
[Sun Sep 23 02:04:44 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I can have it ready next session
[Sun Sep 23 02:05:02 2007] : (77) Cael: "Oh, I tell you this now Morti, he will pay, however, now is not the time or the place for it."
[Sun Sep 23 02:05:06 2007] : (92) Daelan: " I have no idea what they may or may not have said in the room Atross. On that you would have to speak to Morti and the others."
[Sun Sep 23 02:05:14 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's also originally for FR but I adapted it to Andurin
[Sun Sep 23 02:05:32 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): Ok, Thom would listen at the door to see if anyone is beyond it. Then he would open it and see what lies beyond. If it's just a room, he would search it. If it's apparently quite larger, he would shut the door, relock it, and leave it for now.
[Sun Sep 23 02:05:35 2007] : (88) Morti: "Then when? How?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:05:42 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sec
[Sun Sep 23 02:05:56 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): no problem.
[Sun Sep 23 02:07:18 2007] : (88) Morti: "Can it wait, because she was just a human?" :glares at Dael:
[Sun Sep 23 02:07:35 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it appears to be a storage area (from what little you can see of it). filthy and littered with rat droppings. also slightly damp. no voices.
[Sun Sep 23 02:08:24 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a cavern by the looks of things and the orientation of the courtyard above you, you're almost willing to bet this leads underneath the inn
[Sun Sep 23 02:08:32 2007] : (125) No Name (enter): 02:08
[Sun Sep 23 02:09:34 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): in that case, although I might wonder why there is a storage area at the bottom of a well - it doesn't appear to be worth digging through rat droppings. And with that insight, I figure the entrance from the inn might be cleaner and I'd rather check it from that side. :-)
[Sun Sep 23 02:09:41 2007] : (92) Daelan: " As to wether it can wait or not you would have to speak to Atross,Morti."
[Sun Sep 23 02:09:51 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): So close and lock the door, but leave the trap disarmed.
[Sun Sep 23 02:09:54 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sun Sep 23 02:10:30 2007] : ** (88) Morti grips his staff tightly in anger **
[Sun Sep 23 02:10:34 2007] : (87) Atross: "It can wait because we don't know the whole story yet. It can wait because this whole town is headed for a similar path. It can wait because anyone deserves a chance to learn, to make things right."
[Sun Sep 23 02:10:38 2007] : ** (77) Cael looks at Morti, "We will deal with him, as soon as the task at hand has been dealt with, however, the fate of all the lives in Ruairi is what we need to worry about now, to stop any more unnecessary killing." Cael looks directly at Daelan. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:11:19 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): once I finish, I kneal back down at the body, softly saying that I am sorry she had to run into Daelan and also appologize for what I am about to do to her... which is leave her down there.
[Sun Sep 23 02:11:37 2007] : ** (77) Cael looks back towards the well. "Thom has been down there a while now, you don't think he is in any sort of trouble, do you?" **
[Sun Sep 23 02:12:58 2007] : (87) Atross: "You've good aim, Daelan, but you've still to learn how to direct it."
[Sun Sep 23 02:13:39 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): then, as I am about to leave, I find a rock or some other debris down there to grab and throw against a wall, to let out some agression. If there is nothing, I simply use her crossbow.
[Sun Sep 23 02:13:47 2007] : ** (88) Morti forces his head down, resting his forehead against his staff, as he tries to calm himself. though his slight body still shivers woefully. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:14:15 2007] : (92) Daelan: " I put my arrows where my eyes went Atross. I was not taught to wound or injure,if I shoot it is to kill."
[Sun Sep 23 02:14:31 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): Thom is still pissed at Daelan for what he did, and for what the group is going to have to do right now - forget about it, because they can't handle a murder charge on them right now.
[Sun Sep 23 02:14:48 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Besides which of you would have tortured the woman for information?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:15:02 2007] : (88) Morti: :forces out through clenched teeth: "You shouldn't have shot in the first place."
[Sun Sep 23 02:15:19 2007] : (87) Atross: "I'd kill her with kindness. It's worked before."
[Sun Sep 23 02:15:36 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): And then, finally start climbing back up to rejoin the party. :-)
[Sun Sep 23 02:15:47 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sun Sep 23 02:16:10 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Oh that is right you do not do that,you talk,she does not answer,you tie her up and leave her,then later on you face the same woman again only this time she has a dagger at your throat,because if she can be told to spy on us,then she can be told to kill us in our sleep.''
[Sun Sep 23 02:17:06 2007] : ** (87) Atross looks down the well. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:17:10 2007] : ** (77) Cael moves towards the well, looking down for any signs of Thom. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:17:20 2007] : (95) DM: He's climbing back up.
[Sun Sep 23 02:17:24 2007] : (87) Atross: "I really doubt she could have killed anyone, sleeping or not."
[Sun Sep 23 02:17:28 2007] : (92) Daelan: " I just saved us the trouble of having to deal with her later on is all.''
[Sun Sep 23 02:17:39 2007] : (88) Morti: "You disgusting, paranoid coward!" :quickly losing his attempts to calm: "You assume the worst.. and maybe you're right.. but you also might be wrong. You didn't have the right!"
[Sun Sep 23 02:17:47 2007] : ** (77) Cael offers a hand to Thom as he nears the top. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:18:34 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Shall I flip a coin Morti?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:18:40 2007] : ** (89) Thom climbs out with Cael's help. He looks over to Daelan for a moment before looking at the others. "I'm getting something to drink." With that, he heads to the Inn. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:18:51 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Heads I am right,tails I am wrong."
[Sun Sep 23 02:20:31 2007] : ** (88) Morti gives a flinch gripping his staff tightly, for all of a second, before hissing out a sudden incantation. Whipping out his hand, grasping a ball of blue energy, he cries out, @You didn't have the right, and then bolts fly for Daelan's chest. Magic Missile [4d4+4] => [4,2,1,2,4] = (13) (sorry, had to) **
[Sun Sep 23 02:20:54 2007] : (89) Thom: (( that's why Thom is going to drink... ))
[Sun Sep 23 02:21:01 2007] : (87) Atross: "Daelan, Morti. Both of you, stop this. Daelan has good reasons. He slays evil so that none need suffer."
[Sun Sep 23 02:21:23 2007] : ** (95) Okrosh looks up at you as you enter the inn and then back down as he morosely continues wiping down a few tankards. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:21:27 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): Good, Thom has left, so someone else can play peacemaker.
[Sun Sep 23 02:21:31 2007] : (88) Morti: "He had no proof she was evil. She was just another human to him!"
[Sun Sep 23 02:22:01 2007] : (87) Atross: "Daelan, Morti is right as well. You don't know who she was or why she was doing this. You shouldn't have killed yet."
[Sun Sep 23 02:22:10 2007] : ** (92) Daelan steps back as the magic slams into him,he looks down at his chest then back at Morti." Feel better?" **
[Sun Sep 23 02:22:12 2007] : (88) Morti: "Killing someone in cold blood. THAT is EVIL!"
[Sun Sep 23 02:22:25 2007] : (95) DM: The common room is sparsely populated. Except for three villagers, you're it.
[Sun Sep 23 02:22:47 2007] : (87) Atross: "Daelan, be mindful that you do not become that which you hunt."
[Sun Sep 23 02:22:58 2007] : ** (89) Thom makes his way directly to the bar and looks to Okrosh. "Pint of your best and strongest." he says quietly, laying a couple gold on the counter. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:24:30 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "Coming right up."
[Sun Sep 23 02:24:45 2007] : ** (87) Atross places himself between the mage and the marksman. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:25:08 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "So you're a new face in town. What can I do for you, neighbor?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:25:18 2007] : ** (88) Morti bites his lip hard, shown clear on his mask facade, "Do you really have no conscience?" **
[Sun Sep 23 02:25:25 2007] : (92) Daelan: '' Perhaps you should head inside I will remain here."
[Sun Sep 23 02:25:28 2007] : ** (95) Okrosh takes the gold cheerfully, though his smile seems forced. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:26:04 2007] : (95) DM: He places a tankard in front of you and fills it to the brim with clear amber ale.
[Sun Sep 23 02:26:20 2007] : ** (77) Cael begins moving towards the inn, pausing momentarily next to Daelan, then moves on inside. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:26:28 2007] : (88) Morti: :to Dael: "Why? PLanning to kill a few villagers and afraid I'll get int eh way?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:26:55 2007] : (87) Atross: "You've been at watch a while already. Both of you take a rest. Think things over. I'll keep an eye out here."
[Sun Sep 23 02:27:05 2007] : (92) Daelan: " I feel neither remorse or pleasure in killing Morti,it is something that I have been trained to do since I was a youth,those who would do harm to those that I protect deserve what befalls them.''
[Sun Sep 23 02:27:49 2007] : (88) Morti: "But the harm you do is supposed to be forgiven, is that it?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:28:26 2007] : ** (77) Cael enters the inn and takes a seat near Thom. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:28:29 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Whom did I harm?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:28:33 2007] : (88) Morti: "What did she harm? And I'm not talking about your imagined assumptions. I mean what harm do yo uknow she did to anyone?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:28:41 2007] : ** (89) Thom takes a big drink of it before responding. Although Thom shows no emotion, he is sure to talk quietly enough so that the others can hear no more than mutters. "Actually, there might be something. But it can wait. I was told by an acolyte at the temple to seek you out, as I am looking to help make some needed changes in these here parts." **
[Sun Sep 23 02:29:30 2007] : (95) DM: He doesn't miss a beat though you notice a distinct change in his demeanor as he continues washing a tankard, then picks up another.
[Sun Sep 23 02:29:46 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Drenla,Rhain are safe,as are you,the only one who fell is the one you chased in the first place for spying on you,it was you who was willing to go into the well before the others were even here with me,do you I would let her get away?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:29:55 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "Oh? People talk. Me, I'm just a simple barkeep."
[Sun Sep 23 02:30:15 2007] : (95) DM: He seems slightly more relaxed.
[Sun Sep 23 02:30:30 2007] : (88) Morti: "I wanted to know who she was and why she was interested in us. I did not want her DEAD!"
[Sun Sep 23 02:30:33 2007] : ** (89) Thom smiles slightly at his lack of reaction. "I see, of course. A few friends of mine have a room already, and we are going to need a couple more, if you have the room." **
[Sun Sep 23 02:31:19 2007] : (92) Daelan: " Did you expect anything less from me Morti?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:31:27 2007] : (87) Atross: "Daelan, have you never observed someone while keeping yourself hidden? Is it always for the purpose of causing harm?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:31:30 2007] : (88) Morti: "She was a living person! With friends and family, quite possibly right here in this town. Did that even occur to you?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:31:40 2007] : (95) DM: The sullen stable boy comes shuffling around from an outhouse in the rear of the inn, then stops and stares at Daelan while the argument is in progress.
[Sun Sep 23 02:32:00 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "I...Oh yes, certainly."
[Sun Sep 23 02:32:21 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "One harp a night, meals and drinks are extra."
[Sun Sep 23 02:32:40 2007] : (95) DM: (harp are sp)
[Sun Sep 23 02:32:48 2007] : (92) Daelan: " I study those I intend to harm Atross,and no Morti,I did not even give her a thought when I fired,it was instinct nothing more."
[Sun Sep 23 02:33:06 2007] : ** (77) Cael looks at the barkeep, "I'll have what he's having." Nodding towards Thom, then placing a couple gold pieces on the counter. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:33:16 2007] : ** (95) Mikiti backs away from you (Daelan) then continues on into the stable. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:33:20 2007] : (89) Thom: Thom allows his voice to pick up a little volume. "Now, I don't want just any room. I'm quite spent from my journey. I want you to show my all the rooms you have so I can make sure I get the best one, understood?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:33:32 2007] : (89) Thom: (( *show me ))
[Sun Sep 23 02:33:41 2007] : (88) Morti: "And if she was an innocent girl... what will you do to make up for this?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:33:56 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "Oh well, in that case, come this way."
[Sun Sep 23 02:34:22 2007] : ** (89) Thom looks to Cael. "Cael, please watch my drink and be sure that everything is safe, would you?" **
[Sun Sep 23 02:34:32 2007] : ** (77) Cael nods. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:34:33 2007] : ** (89) Thom stands and follows Okrosh. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:35:01 2007] : (87) Atross: "Daelan, help me bring up the body. Perhaps under the open sky you can study one you have already harmed."
[Sun Sep 23 02:35:09 2007] : (92) Daelan: " If she was innocent,which she was not,but if she was I will give my gold to her family."
[Sun Sep 23 02:35:34 2007] : (88) Morti: "You think Gold will make up for this?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:35:50 2007] : (77) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Heh
[Sun Sep 23 02:36:09 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): I know we got a lot going on, so if it takes you a moment, no problem. :-)
[Sun Sep 23 02:36:09 2007] : (92) Daelan: " It seems to work on most Edain.''
[Sun Sep 23 02:36:14 2007] : (87) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Technically, gold and a willing priest *will*
[Sun Sep 23 02:36:40 2007] : (88) Morti: "No.. if she was innocent, I want you to face honest judgement."
[Sun Sep 23 02:37:13 2007] : (88) Morti: "Show some of the high Elven Honor you boast about and take responsibility for youractions."
[Sun Sep 23 02:37:23 2007] : (95) DM: (want to check, you're talking in the inn? or out in the courtyard?)
[Sun Sep 23 02:37:34 2007] : (88) Morti: (who?)
[Sun Sep 23 02:37:35 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "So, what brings you to Ruairi?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:37:47 2007] : (95) DM: (Morti, Daelan, etc.)
[Sun Sep 23 02:37:51 2007] : (87) Atross: ((Thom is inside, I still haven't gotten them to go in and get drunk.))
[Sun Sep 23 02:37:55 2007] : (88) Morti: (out by the well)
[Sun Sep 23 02:37:58 2007] : (89) Thom: morti/Daelan/atross in the courtyard. Thom and Okrosh wherever he leads me.
[Sun Sep 23 02:38:39 2007] : ** (95) Okrosh leads Thom up to the second floor. "There are five rooms on this floor. One is occupied, I think." (holds his head) **
[Sun Sep 23 02:38:51 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "Forgive me. I haven't been myself for the past few days."
[Sun Sep 23 02:38:53 2007] : (92) Daelan: " And what of you Human,will you stand up and be judged for all the killings you have done in your travels,were all evil or were they just evil in your eyes,if I am to be judged then I judge myself."
[Sun Sep 23 02:39:08 2007] : (89) Thom: "Actually, a cousin of Valkoris did. Since then, my companions and i have found ourselves deep in the mystery surrounding this Andress, and have found a number of questions about her actions."
[Sun Sep 23 02:39:39 2007] : ** (95) Okrosh whirls around and regards you (Thom) with deadly serious eyes. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:40:00 2007] : (88) Morti: " I grieve for the times I have had to kill, but I've never done it without life on the line. You killed in cold blood. That makes you Evil in my eyes."
[Sun Sep 23 02:40:15 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "Hsst! That name is not to be spoken aloud. Even here in my own inn."
[Sun Sep 23 02:40:18 2007] : (89) Thom: "I get that feeling from the few locals that have been willing to talk." Thom looks back at him, his eyes showing all seriousness.
[Sun Sep 23 02:40:41 2007] : ** (95) Okrosh looks about as if he can't trust the walls. "Come to my room." **
[Sun Sep 23 02:41:23 2007] : (89) Thom: "Very well, my appologies." Thom follows him where he leads.
[Sun Sep 23 02:41:30 2007] : (92) Daelan: " You just said you do not fight or kill unless your life in in danger,yet you attacked me and I did nothing to provoke you,I did not raise my bow in your direction,so you are just as evil in my eyes as I am in yours.''
[Sun Sep 23 02:41:58 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "Many people in the village have been cowed by 'Her Grace', if you haven't noticed. Why we cannot or will not speak is a mystery to me."
[Sun Sep 23 02:42:03 2007] : ** (87) Atross sighs, "Enough." Atross swings himself down into the well and begins lowering himself down to the bottom. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:42:15 2007] : (87) Atross: "He said he doesn't kill, not that he doesn't fight."
[Sun Sep 23 02:42:29 2007] : (88) Morti: "AS if that weak bolt could kill you. But I admit.. I'm fighting the urge not to follow [email protected]
[Sun Sep 23 02:42:37 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): as Atross is heading down, remember that I collected the arrows from her body...
[Sun Sep 23 02:43:01 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "She was born here in Ruairi, did you know that?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:43:11 2007] : ** (88) Morti shakes his head and steps up onto the ledge of the well, without pause he drops down into the well, activating his levitating boots along the way to slow his descent **
[Sun Sep 23 02:43:39 2007] : ** (89) Thom keeps his voice low to show that he doesn't want to be overheard either. "Yes, there is something strange about that. Born here you say, does that mean Shaunnra was as well?" **
[Sun Sep 23 02:43:40 2007] : ** (95) Okrosh leads Thom to a side bedroom, opens it and shows him inside, then locks the door. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:43:42 2007] : (92) Daelan: " But you did not know for sure that your magic would not kill me did you Morti? You just attacked without thought,all I did was anger you."
[Sun Sep 23 02:43:51 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "What do you know of Shaunnra?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:43:58 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sun Sep 23 02:44:26 2007] : (89) Thom: "A few things, but not nearly enough. Most of what I know came from her squire."
[Sun Sep 23 02:44:50 2007] : (95) DM: (fyi to the group -- I'll continue with Thom and Okrosh, but I'll leave you guys in the welll for now and pick up next session)
[Sun Sep 23 02:44:58 2007] : ** (88) Morti does not answer back up the well, as he kneels over the corpse. He takes a moment to meditate on the matter in the darkness down below. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:45:03 2007] : (95) DM: (besides we stop in 15 minutes)
[Sun Sep 23 02:45:26 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "I see.
[Sun Sep 23 02:45:37 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "What do you want to know then?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:46:48 2007] : ** (88) Morti eventually draws a breath, scoops the girl up in his arms and levitates back up the shaft. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:46:57 2007] : (89) Thom: "I know that she was sent to the valley ((I forget the name given to it and the buildings)) after Astari did not return. She was slain there, but makaged to send her steed back out. This, apparently, went against what the minions of the Dark wanted for the valley. So, we went, gathered the bodies we found, removed the evil that we could, and returned the bodies here. Of course, there is still the matter of Shaunnra's soul being trapped."
[Sun Sep 23 02:47:08 2007] : ** (87) Atross at the bottom securely lifts the spy's body and climbs out of the well with practiced ease. (oh no, I started it, it's mine.) **
[Sun Sep 23 02:47:55 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "Don't you find it strange that a priestess of Bralvanyr, who it is said, grants his faithful clerics the power to raise the dead, cannot do so when called upon?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:48:05 2007] : (88) Morti: (but I'd be done first.)
[Sun Sep 23 02:48:19 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "Or that she demonstrates her compassion in less merciful ways?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:49:12 2007] : (89) Thom: "Strange - no. Ridiculuous - yes. Less merciful? So she has whipped subjects before as well?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:49:25 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "Andress is as different from Shaunnra as night is from day, though they were both kin."
[Sun Sep 23 02:50:32 2007] : (87) Atross: (but I do it with a more gritty heroic style.)
[Sun Sep 23 02:50:32 2007] : Server Administrator-> Kicking '(125) No Name' from server... Removing dead client
[Sun Sep 23 02:50:33 2007] : (125) No Name (exit): 02:50
[Sun Sep 23 02:50:35 2007] : (88) Morti: :Once the body is back top-side(regardless of how) Morti insists: "We'll take her to the Inn, someone there should be able to identify her."
[Sun Sep 23 02:51:09 2007] : (88) Morti: (Flying is cooler though)
[Sun Sep 23 02:51:12 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "She has a strange way of demonstrating the god's mercy. 'An eye for an eye.' 'You shall not lie, or you shall lose your tongue.' 'You shall help those in need, or you shall suffer the same need.'"
[Sun Sep 23 02:51:30 2007] : (88) Morti: (Plus.. kind of hard to climb a ladder with a boddy with three arrows in its chest)
[Sun Sep 23 02:51:45 2007] : (95) DM: (the arrows are gone btw)
[Sun Sep 23 02:51:46 2007] : (87) Atross: ((It takes skill.))
[Sun Sep 23 02:51:49 2007] : (89) Thom: "I know all to well that being related does not mean two people will be the same. But I wonder if there is more to it than that. According to Shaunnra's squire, Shaunnra's spirit is trapped under Ruairi."
[Sun Sep 23 02:51:55 2007] : (95) DM: (but we can get to that next session)
[Sun Sep 23 02:52:22 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "I do not know anything about that. I'm sorry."
[Sun Sep 23 02:52:25 2007] : (88) Morti: (Aaww.. but i'll have lost the Firey Spirit by then)
[Sun Sep 23 02:52:31 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): Do those precepts sound familiar at all? This woman is reminding me so much of the Tempest...
[Sun Sep 23 02:52:47 2007] : (95) DM: (you can get it back, lol)
[Sun Sep 23 02:53:01 2007] : (87) Atross: (whispering): (GW): (I bet if it weren't so heavy, I could forgo the ladder and ninja-style wall jump up the well.)
[Sun Sep 23 02:53:05 2007] : (89) Thom: "What about the cavern under the town that I'm guessing has an entrance in your basement?"
[Sun Sep 23 02:53:28 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): they're almost similar
[Sun Sep 23 02:54:14 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): so I can see how they might sound good in words, but easily manipulated as the Tempest turned her laws to get control.
[Sun Sep 23 02:55:19 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "At one time there was a series of catacombs that were built underneath Ruairi, when this village was an ilythi'iri stronghold. I do know there was a secret cellar that I had boarded up when I took ownership of the Inn, but I cannot tell you much more than that, except that some whisper that there is a tunnel to the Sunless Lands near the catacombs."
[Sun Sep 23 02:55:48 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "Perhaps the cellar leads to the catacombs. I can show you where it is, if you would like."
[Sun Sep 23 02:56:15 2007] : (89) Thom: "Hmm, I think that I will need to look at that cellar. Yes, I would like that."
[Sun Sep 23 02:57:36 2007] : ** (89) Thom asks Okrosh as they walk about the girl, describing her in fairly general terms, asking if he knows who she is as they walk. **
[Sun Sep 23 02:58:30 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "I have never seen her."
[Sun Sep 23 02:59:06 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): sense motive on his claim of never having seen her. [1d20+16] => [12,16] = (28)
[Sun Sep 23 02:59:38 2007] : (89) Thom: "No problem. My friend said that he saw her and she was acting strange, even for how most people act around strangers. So, I thought I'd ask."
[Sun Sep 23 03:00:45 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "There is something going on in our village that is, how shall I put it...very mysterious. Why trade has disappeared, why people are cowed by a woman who is not who she is, why those who speak "disappear" never to be seen again."
[Sun Sep 23 03:01:11 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "I hope that whoever you are, you can put a stop to what has befallen our town." (holds a hand to his head)
[Sun Sep 23 03:01:31 2007] : (95) Okrosh: "Strange, as if I had woken from a dream."
[Sun Sep 23 03:01:59 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): truth
[Sun Sep 23 03:02:06 2007] : (89) Thom: "I understand your plight better than you can imagine. At least, parts of it."
[Sun Sep 23 03:02:18 2007] : (89) Zane: (whispering): i figured so, but Thom would make sure.
[Sun Sep 23 03:03:26 2007] : ** (95) Okrosh shows you to a private staircase. "This leads to the basement. The secret cellar is behind an oak cabinet. I'm sure you could look into it." **
[Sun Sep 23 03:03:43 2007] : (95) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)
[Sun Sep 23 03:03:54 2007] : Attempting to DISABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sun Sep 23 03:03:55 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now unmoderated
[Sun Sep 23 03:04:02 2007] : (89) Thom: "Absolutely. I'll leave you to get back to running your inn."
[Sun Sep 23 03:04:06 2007] : (89) Thom: (( Doh! ))
[Sun Sep 23 03:05:06 2007] : (89) Zane: Well, Thom has some questions for Drenla and Rhian next...
[Sun Sep 23 03:05:35 2007] : (88) Morti: right.. mind the wards on the room
[Sun Sep 23 03:05:37 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Sep 23 03:05:38 2007] : (96) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): so next session Sevis will reach the Nith`Tar Valon?
[Sun Sep 23 03:06:01 2007] : (88) Morti: come to think of it.. Morit didn't mention that, huh?
[Sun Sep 23 03:06:14 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: nope
[Sun Sep 23 03:06:21 2007] : (87) Donovan: Ah ha ha
[Sun Sep 23 03:06:25 2007] : (87) Donovan: Glad I'm not in there
[Sun Sep 23 03:06:27 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): after next
[Sun Sep 23 03:06:39 2007] : (96) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Ok
[Sun Sep 23 03:06:51 2007] : (89) Zane: Oh, he'll let them rest for now, but he's getting some ideas... Like telling Daelan that there is a group of ilythi'iri in the catacombs and sealing the elf off down there.
[Sun Sep 23 03:07:17 2007] : (77) Cael: I can see it now 'Thom knocks on the door before opening it, then explodes into a million pieces.'
[Sun Sep 23 03:07:22 2007] : (96) Dj Gilcrease: Well see yall next week. Was an interesting session to watch :)
[Sun Sep 23 03:07:50 2007] : (96) Dj Gilcrease: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Sep 23 03:07:50 2007] : (96) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 03:07
[Sun Sep 23 03:07:52 2007] : (89) Zane: If you hadn't run off you could do more than watch. :-)
[Sun Sep 23 03:08:01 2007] : (89) Zane: Darn, and he ran off again.
[Sun Sep 23 03:08:53 2007] : (88) Morti: right...
[Sun Sep 23 03:08:55 2007] : (89) Zane: I'm just glad that Morti didn't try to find the secret dorr while he was in the well. I doubt he could have gotten lucky enough to get around the poison needle trap on it.
[Sun Sep 23 03:09:26 2007] : (88) Morti: Not likely. might have gotten lucky on the rflx
[Sun Sep 23 03:09:49 2007] : (88) Morti: anyway, g'nite
[Sun Sep 23 03:09:54 2007] : (95) TaliesinNYC: nite
[Sun Sep 23 03:09:58 2007] : (77) Cael: Yep, see ya all later.
[Sun Sep 23 03:10:03 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Sep 23 03:10:05 2007] : Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms