Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
8 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
6 Guests
Registered Users: Gaponovaweild, ScottTib


Back to Damrosil Logs
Sat Sep 15 19:35:03 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (40) TaliesinNYC

Sat Sep 15 19:35:03 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (40) TaliesinNYC...
[Sat Sep 15 19:38:44 2007] : (67) Avzin (enter): 19:38
[Sat Sep 15 19:39:20 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: hi
[Sat Sep 15 19:39:28 2007] : (67) Avzin: Heya...
[Sat Sep 15 19:39:46 2007] : (67) Avzin: does this mean I have to make two characters?
[Sat Sep 15 19:39:53 2007] : (67) Avzin: because I have the 3.5 books
[Sat Sep 15 19:40:33 2007] : (67) Avzin: Are you SobaAddict at gmail dot com
[Sat Sep 15 19:40:47 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: yes I'm the DM
[Sat Sep 15 19:42:11 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: yes, you would make two characters
[Sat Sep 15 19:42:54 2007] : (67) Avzin: How many players are there so far?
[Sat Sep 15 19:43:07 2007] : (67) Avzin: I refuse to play if there's 4 players or more already
[Sat Sep 15 19:44:16 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: then you should look for another game
[Sat Sep 15 19:44:17 2007] : (67) Avzin: sorry
[Sat Sep 15 19:44:25 2007] : (67) Avzin (exit): 19:44
[Sat Sep 15 19:45:42 2007] : (62) Daelan (enter): 19:45
[Sat Sep 15 19:46:53 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (62) Daelan...
[Sat Sep 15 20:24:21 2007] : ** (62) Daelan does a little dance since he is here second **
[Sat Sep 15 20:26:59 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: lol
[Sat Sep 15 20:55:48 2007] : (78) Donovan (enter): 20:55
[Sat Sep 15 20:57:49 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (78) Donovan...
[Sat Sep 15 20:58:32 2007] : (79) Cael (enter): 20:58
[Sat Sep 15 20:59:40 2007] : (81) Zane (enter): 20:59
[Sat Sep 15 21:00:06 2007] : (81) Zane: (( going for a quick smoke before we start. ))
[Sat Sep 15 21:01:02 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (79) Cael...
[Sat Sep 15 21:01:05 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (81) Zane...
[Sat Sep 15 21:01:18 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: I'd like to wait for 1 other, like DJ or lunauc
[Sat Sep 15 21:01:31 2007] : (79) Cael: Sounds like aplan
[Sat Sep 15 21:01:40 2007] : (4) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10) (enter): 21:01
[Sat Sep 15 21:01:55 2007] : (79) Cael: Crap, I can already tell my typing is going to be horrible tonight.
[Sat Sep 15 21:03:23 2007] : (82) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 21:03
[Sat Sep 15 21:03:52 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (82) Dj Gilcrease...
[Sat Sep 15 21:07:00 2007] : (81) Zane: (( back ))
[Sat Sep 15 21:08:01 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (4) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10)...
[Sat Sep 15 21:08:12 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: ok sec
[Sat Sep 15 21:09:12 2007] : whispering to Dj Gilcrease, what is Shun's IM?
[Sat Sep 15 21:10:41 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 15 21:10:42 2007] : (82) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): HChimera
[Sat Sep 15 21:10:48 2007] : (82) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): on AIM
[Sat Sep 15 21:11:01 2007] : (82) Dj Gilcrease: Dont we start at 10, or are we moving it back to 9:30 again? Not that I care since I am here just wondering :)
[Sat Sep 15 21:11:28 2007] : (81) Zane: The email this week said 9pm. Didn't you read it? :-P
[Sat Sep 15 21:11:53 2007] : (82) Dj Gilcrease: probably but forgot by now
[Sat Sep 15 21:12:22 2007] : (81) Zane: lol - you act like you're busy or something. :-)
[Sat Sep 15 21:12:30 2007] : (82) Dj Gilcrease: AFK for a smoke before we start
[Sat Sep 15 21:12:40 2007] : (40) DM: (42) DM: The shade of the squire falls silent and looks over at you, expectantly.
(35) Thom: "Wait, wasn't Shaunra's body already retrieved from here supposedly?"
(30) Cael: "That is what I was told."
(55) Morti: "Might not mean her body, but her spirit."
(30) Cael: "He told us that Shaunnra's spirit was taken." :pointing to the squire:
(35) Thom: "So her soul is in that other's body?"
(30) Cael: "Or possibly being held here somehow."
(55) Morti: "Who other's..?"
(42) The shade: "In the catacombs. Under Ruairi. Search under Ruairi. Under a blanket of earth. In the catacombs. Shaunnnraaaaa...."
(30) Cael: "Squire, what was it that brought Shaunnra and yourself to this place?"
(42) The shade: "Aes Sedaiiiiii."
(22) Sevis Goloens: "Aes Sedai stope a spirit, or sent you here?"
(55) Morti: "I am so confused." :shakes his head:
(42) The shade: "Aes Sedaiiiiii and one of light but of darkness. We came here. Shaunnnnraaaaa fought the darkness. She diiiiiied. I diiiiied. Her spirit was stolen awaaaaaay."
(22) Sevis Goloens: "Know this Aes Sedais name?"
(35) Thom: "So, Aes Sedai brought them here, Shaunra died - her spirit somehow taken to the catacombs of Ruairi, while her body remained here. Others returned here and retrived her body. That the story now?"
(30) Cael: "That seems to be it."
(29) Atross: "That means whatever took her spirit is already in Ruairi."
(42) DM: He shakes his head and instead intones, "A Red Sister. Taps her lips. I thought she was evillllll."
(33) Daelan: " Why would the Aes Sedai bring her here?"
(35) Thom: "So, there is no evil here after all. Well, except maybe for the crone."
(30) Cael: "Perhaps this crone's mistress is this Aes Sedai."
** (35) Thom looks over the corpses, with a sad look. **
** (33) Daelan moves over to the two dead that are wearing armor," I wonder where the third one is." **
** (35) Thom moves down to the corpses, turning them over so that they are at least not face down in water. **
(42) DM: One is the corpse of the squire. The other is that of a once-beautiful woman, except she died fighting something.
(55) Morti: "Isn't the half-elf woman or the moldy corpse upstairs the third?"
(35) Thom: "She was already returned to town, remember?"
(42) DM: This other corpse appears to have been dead longer than the squire.
** (35) Thom looks at the shade, "Who is this one?" he asks, pointing at the once beautiful woman. **
(33) Daelan: " No there is one that has a shuffling gait Morti."
(55) Morti: :peers curiously to Daelan: "Huh?"
(55) Morti: "How do you know how the moldy guy used to walk?"
(42) The shade: "Astari. Shaunnnraaaa and I came here on her behalf. She died here. We were sent by an Aes Sedaiiiii to see about the darkness. One of light who hides a darkness. We fought the darkness and we diiieeed."

[Sat Sep 15 21:12:46 2007] : (40) DM: (from last session)
[Sat Sep 15 21:12:56 2007] : (83) Lunauc (enter): 21:12
[Sat Sep 15 21:13:02 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (83) Lunauc...
[Sat Sep 15 21:14:20 2007] : (81) Thom: "So, we came here for nothing - now we have to return to Ruairi to free Shaunra's soul. Cael, do you think we will have time before nightfall?"
[Sat Sep 15 21:15:14 2007] : (79) Cael: "I can't say that we came here for nothing, we were told, although by that woman, that what we need to free Ruairi was here."
[Sat Sep 15 21:16:05 2007] : (79) Cael: "However, as long as we are able to make fast work of whatever we may find within the Catacombs, I believe we have time.
[Sat Sep 15 21:16:07 2007] : (79) Cael: "
[Sat Sep 15 21:16:24 2007] : (81) Thom: "And then she attacked us, so I think it is safe to discount her story. Although why she would want us down here to begin with is curious."
 [Sat Sep 15 21:17:36 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sat Sep 15 21:17:46 2007] : (40) DM: ((yes you can see the door to it))
[Sat Sep 15 21:18:18 2007] : ** (79) Cael looks to the shade. "I was told that you and Shaunnra were sent here after something that would help in an upcoming battle. Is this true?" **
[Sat Sep 15 21:18:26 2007] : (62) Daelan: " I am more concerned about the spirit mentioning the Aes Sedai.
[Sat Sep 15 21:19:00 2007] : (81) Thom: "Yes Daelan, that is troubling, but I doubt we will get answers to that here, and likely not even at Ruairi."
[Sat Sep 15 21:19:39 2007] : (40) The shade: "We were sent here to find what slew Astari. We were lied to by a false Aes Sedaiiiiii."
[Sat Sep 15 21:20:43 2007] : (62) Daelan: " There are two traveling with us,and one that wishes to join their ranks,this is most disturbing,for I do not think we are quite ready to fight the Aes Sedai just yet or even if we should for that matter."
[Sat Sep 15 21:21:35 2007] : (79) Cael: "I doubt that their mission was one sanctioned by the Aes Sedai as a whole, it seems to be the workings of an individual."
[Sat Sep 15 21:22:55 2007] : (40) The shade: (so what next?)
[Sat Sep 15 21:23:04 2007] : (40) DM: (woops)
[Sat Sep 15 21:23:41 2007] : (82) Dj Gilcrease: "Well lets finish exploring this place and head back to the village."
[Sat Sep 15 21:23:47 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: "Well lets finish exploring this place and head back to the village."
[Sat Sep 15 21:24:32 2007] : (62) Daelan: " Keep your wits about you,the old hag is still down here as well."
[Sat Sep 15 21:24:40 2007] : (81) Thom: "Yes Daelan, but I trust Rhian Sedai completely. Unfortunately, Zareena is another story. I believe that she will be trouble at some point in time. But whether it is us or others that she turns on we shall see."
[Sat Sep 15 21:24:58 2007] : (40) DM: The room is awash in ankle deep, filthy water. A stone door stands closed in the middle of the far wall ahead of you.
[Sat Sep 15 21:25:10 2007] : ** (81) Thom moves to the remaining unexplored door at Sevis' comment and looks it over for traps. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:25:34 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [9,13] = (22)
[Sat Sep 15 21:25:47 2007] : whispering to Zane, as far as you can determine, there seems to be no traps here
[Sat Sep 15 21:26:20 2007] : ** (83) Morti stands, scratching his head in some confusion over the convoluted affairs. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:26:42 2007] : ** (81) Thom proceeds to try to open the door, one hand hovering near Ringrist. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:26:53 2007] : ** (62) Daelan searches to dead bodies **
 [Sat Sep 15 21:28:12 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): it locked?
[Sat Sep 15 21:28:19 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sat Sep 15 21:28:29 2007] : ** (78) Atross keeps watch on the entrance while Thom checks the door. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:28:45 2007] : ** (81) Thom finds the door locked and so he kneels down to begin working on the lock. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:28:46 2007] : (2160) Traster (enter): 21:28
[Sat Sep 15 21:29:14 2007] : (40) DM: The squire: suit of full plate armor, short sword, footman's mace, pouches that are now waterlogged. The shade looks on forlornly.
[Sat Sep 15 21:29:38 2007] : (2428) Traster (enter): 21:29
[Sat Sep 15 21:29:50 2007] : (2428) Traster (exit): 21:29
[Sat Sep 15 21:30:06 2007] : whispering to Daelan, Astari's body: full plate armor, long sword, and an amber-jeweled ring. Pouches that are waterlogged and soaked through, the contents dispersed.
[Sat Sep 15 21:30:38 2007] : (83) Morti: :awkwardly to the shade,. as he waits on Thom: "So... um... what's it like being a ghost?"
[Sat Sep 15 21:30:39 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] => [10,20] = (30)
[Sat Sep 15 21:30:43 2007] : (2396) Maria (exit): 21:30
[Sat Sep 15 21:30:46 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): opens easily enough
[Sat Sep 15 21:30:52 2007] : (2393) Nort (enter): 21:30
[Sat Sep 15 21:31:15 2007] : (2429) Razoric (enter): 21:31
[Sat Sep 15 21:31:21 2007] : (40) The shade: "An eternity of pain being forced to walk the waking world."
[Sat Sep 15 21:31:29 2007] : (2430) Razoric (enter): 21:31
[Sat Sep 15 21:31:34 2007] : (2430) Razoric (exit): 21:31
[Sat Sep 15 21:32:04 2007] : ** (81) Thom stands and puts his tools away after just a moment and proceeds to open the doors. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:32:20 2007] : (2431) Exodus (enter): 21:32
[Sat Sep 15 21:32:23 2007] : ** (79) Cael looks over as he notices Thom has finished. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:32:23 2007] : (83) Morti: "Oh... well.. that's uh... ....sorry."
[Sat Sep 15 21:32:59 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering): (GW): If someone goes down, I'll join them, no use on burning a poly on someone that can wild-shape.
[Sat Sep 15 21:33:15 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 15 21:33:15 2007] : (62) Daelan: (whispering): I take everything that is in good condition,then I search the area around her body.
[Sat Sep 15 21:33:30 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): open the doors (see main chat)
[Sat Sep 15 21:34:02 2007] : (40) The shade: Behind the door, you find another flooded chamber albeit considerably smaller. A stone shelf is built across the far wall of this room and holds eight hollow gourds made of ceramic and painted with violent scenes. Above these gourds, hanging on the south wall, is a small black shield adorned with a pair of crossed lightning bolts and a black halfspear, its shaft wrapped in dark blue snakeskin.
[Sat Sep 15 21:34:13 2007] : (40) DM: (sigh)
[Sat Sep 15 21:34:27 2007] : (83) Morti: "Is there anything we can do to let you rest?"
[Sat Sep 15 21:34:33 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you realize the shade is right there?
[Sat Sep 15 21:34:58 2007] : (81) Thom: "Well, that's interesting."
[Sat Sep 15 21:35:06 2007] : (62) Daelan: (whispering): I am not keeping it,I figured someone in the village would want these items.
[Sat Sep 15 21:35:10 2007] : (79) Cael: "What did you find?"
[Sat Sep 15 21:35:15 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ah
[Sat Sep 15 21:35:20 2007] : ** (81) Thom moves to the stone shelf, looking it and the items over for traps. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:35:32 2007] : (62) Daelan: (whispering): expecially the ring
[Sat Sep 15 21:35:56 2007] : (81) Thom: "A rather nice looking shield and weapon - not what I would expect down here."
[Sat Sep 15 21:36:06 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: "Thats an odd spear"
[Sat Sep 15 21:36:31 2007] : (40) The shade: "Bury my body and lay Shaaaaaunnnraaa to rest. Find the darkness beneath Ruairi, find the darkness in the light. One of light who hides the darkness, who walks in the night."
[Sat Sep 15 21:36:35 2007] : (2431) Exodus: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Sep 15 21:36:35 2007] : (2431) Exodus (exit): 21:36
[Sat Sep 15 21:36:54 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [4,13] = (17)
[Sat Sep 15 21:36:57 2007] : ** (62) Daelan gathers up what items there are around the two dead bodies,placing them in his pack,looking up at the spirit," I shall see that they are returned to those they belong to.'' **
[Sat Sep 15 21:37:07 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): as far as you can determine, there seems to be no traps...
[Sat Sep 15 21:37:10 2007] : ** (83) Morti nods. "Anywhere specific you need to be buried?" **
[Sat Sep 15 21:37:37 2007] : ** (81) Thom reaches up and collects the shield to look it over closer. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:37:38 2007] : (40) The shade: "On holy ground, dedicated to Bralvanyr."
[Sat Sep 15 21:38:05 2007] : (83) Morti: "Is there such ground nearby?"
[Sat Sep 15 21:38:30 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): I'm getting bored - wanting something to happen now. :-) Anyway - Thom would be looking to see how it looks (quality-wise).
[Sat Sep 15 21:38:35 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's a wooden shield and decorated with runes engraved to appear as lightning bolts
[Sat Sep 15 21:38:53 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): small shield?
[Sat Sep 15 21:39:16 2007] : (40) The shade: "If there none be, the cemetery in Ruairi will do. But not as long as the darkness hides in the light."
[Sat Sep 15 21:39:28 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): buckler
[Sat Sep 15 21:40:09 2007] : (2432) The DM guy (enter): 21:40
[Sat Sep 15 21:40:10 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): even better. :-) and does it appear to be well made? At least masterwork quality?
[Sat Sep 15 21:40:14 2007] : (2432) The DM guy (exit): 21:40
[Sat Sep 15 21:40:15 2007] : (83) Morti: "Understood. We'll see what we can do."
[Sat Sep 15 21:40:38 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sat Sep 15 21:40:44 2007] : (87) Jason Goble (exit): 21:40
[Sat Sep 15 21:40:44 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): not MW but well made
[Sat Sep 15 21:40:59 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: "In my experiance Darkness will always try hiding in the light."
[Sat Sep 15 21:41:25 2007] : (56) Damia (enter): 21:41
[Sat Sep 15 21:42:21 2007] : ** (81) Thom frowns slightly as he examines the shield, hoping for more. He stows it away and then collects the halfspear and looks it over. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:43:31 2007] : (40) DM: The halfspear transforms to a lightning bolt and explodes in your face. (Reflex for Thom and Cael along with anyone else in their immediate vicinity.)
[Sat Sep 15 21:43:45 2007] : (79) Cael: Reflex: [1d20+3+3] => [16,3,3] = (22)
[Sat Sep 15 21:43:45 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [6d6] => [3,6,2,4,3,1] = (19)
[Sat Sep 15 21:43:58 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): Ref Save: [1d20+6+9+0+0] => [12,6,9,0,0] = (27)
[Sat Sep 15 21:44:01 2007] : (81) Thom: Reflex vs traps: [1d20+15] => [2,15] = (17)
[Sat Sep 15 21:44:24 2007] : (81) Thom: (( 2 less if not actually a trap. ))
[Sat Sep 15 21:44:36 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: "Whoa, I knew that was an Odd spear but didnt expect that."
[Sat Sep 15 21:44:37 2007] : (40) DM: A loud explosion can be heard in the small room ahead. Sounds of shattered glass and exploding rock fill the air.
[Sat Sep 15 21:45:10 2007] : (90) GM (enter): 21:45
[Sat Sep 15 21:45:11 2007] : (90) GM: There's a greif that can't be spoken, there's a pain goes on and on.
[Sat Sep 15 21:45:12 2007] : (90) GM (exit): 21:45
[Sat Sep 15 21:45:15 2007] : (91) Lana (enter): 21:45
[Sat Sep 15 21:45:23 2007] : ** (83) Morti gives a jump from the flash and crackle. Turning quickly, he calls, "Are you guys alright?!" **
[Sat Sep 15 21:45:26 2007] : (78) Atross: "Folks, it sounds like the trap back there just broke down. Or broke out."
[Sat Sep 15 21:45:26 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): if people are standing in water and an electrical spell goes off, what happens?
[Sat Sep 15 21:45:26 2007] : (91) Lana: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Sep 15 21:45:26 2007] : (91) Lana (exit): 21:45
[Sat Sep 15 21:45:36 2007] : ** (81) Thom tries, unsuccessfully, to lay his hair back down. "Should have stuck with just the shield." **
[Sat Sep 15 21:46:23 2007] : (82) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): the electricty would race out a ways in the water
[Sat Sep 15 21:46:32 2007] : (40) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 9 electrical damage
[Sat Sep 15 21:46:35 2007] : (40) DM: (19 electrical damage to Thom, 9 to Cael)
[Sat Sep 15 21:46:50 2007] : ** (81) Thom looks around to see if the spear did anything other than trash the place. ((Open any holes in walls leading somewhere else or anything.)) **
[Sat Sep 15 21:47:11 2007] : (40) DM: The gourds fall from their storage areas, blown apart by the force of the hidden trap. Their contents leak out and are ruined.
[Sat Sep 15 21:47:27 2007] : (79) Cael: "Thom, are you okay?"
[Sat Sep 15 21:48:24 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens shakes the tingling off then calls back to Morti "We are fine." **
[Sat Sep 15 21:48:25 2007] : (81) Thom: "Yeah, unfortunately, I've been hit with worse." Thom tries to wipe some singe marks off his clothes, not succeeding at that either.
[Sat Sep 15 21:48:53 2007] : (92) Silverlocks (enter): 21:48
[Sat Sep 15 21:48:55 2007] : (83) Morti: "Phew.. be careful.."
[Sat Sep 15 21:49:09 2007] : (92) Silverlocks: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Sep 15 21:49:09 2007] : (92) Silverlocks (exit): 21:49
[Sat Sep 15 21:49:44 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: "Ya tell that to Thom who tried to grab a lightning bolt."
[Sat Sep 15 21:49:47 2007] : ** (81) Thom exits the room, with the hairs on his arms sticking up and end, and even the hair on his head seems more full now than before. "Yeah, I thought I was Morti." **
[Sat Sep 15 21:50:05 2007] : (81) Thom: (( *sticking up on end... ))
[Sat Sep 15 21:50:12 2007] : (62) Daelan: " I hope what we were looking for was not in one of those now shattered gourds.''
[Sat Sep 15 21:50:14 2007] : ** (79) Cael follows Thom out of the room. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:50:18 2007] : (93) ZJX (enter): 21:50
[Sat Sep 15 21:50:46 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens takes one last look around the room then heads out **
[Sat Sep 15 21:50:53 2007] : (93) ZJX: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Sep 15 21:50:53 2007] : (93) ZJX (exit): 21:50
[Sat Sep 15 21:51:30 2007] : (40) DM: sec
[Sat Sep 15 21:51:54 2007] : (81) Thom: "So do I Daelan - but then again I doubt we need anything from here except for these bodies - and that's just so that we can return them to a better resting place."
[Sat Sep 15 21:51:55 2007] : ** (78) Atross follows the others out of the room. "Well, one step closer at least." **
 [Sat Sep 15 21:54:14 2007] : (79) Cael: "I can carry one out of this structure, on the return trip to Ruairi, I can carry both."
[Sat Sep 15 21:54:33 2007] : (81) Thom: "After how much trouble I had with Daelan's body, I doubt I could handle one."
[Sat Sep 15 21:54:56 2007] : (94) DM: Apart from the shield and the gourds, there's nothing else in the treasure chamber save for shards of stone and debris caused by the explosion.
[Sat Sep 15 21:56:00 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Sep 15 21:56:01 2007] : Game disconnected!
[Sat Sep 15 21:56:06 2007] : (78) Atross: "I'll get the other one."
[Sat Sep 15 21:56:28 2007] : ** (78) Atross puts out and away his bow to help carry. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:56:41 2007] : ** (79) Cael moves to pick up the other body. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:56:54 2007] : (81) Thom: "Ok, the rest of us should be ready for that crone. I doubt that we will get away withought hearing her again."
[Sat Sep 15 21:57:07 2007] : ** (79) Cael nods in agreement. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:57:35 2007] : ** (81) Thom heads up the stairs and unlocks the door again, but waits for everyone to be ready before he opens them. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:57:36 2007] : (62) Daelan: " No harm shall come to Atross as long as my bow is free.''
[Sat Sep 15 21:58:08 2007] : ** (79) Cael tries to stay to the center of the group, hoping to keep the body out of any danger. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:59:12 2007] : ** (81) Thom takes a moment to listen at the door ((to 3)) before he opens it as everyone finishes getting prepared. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:59:20 2007] : ** (78) Atross follows up behind Cael. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:59:27 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] => [9,3] = (12)
[Sat Sep 15 21:59:31 2007] : ** (83) Morti follows after Thom, watching and listening for the crone's spellcasting, ready to counter if he can. **
[Sat Sep 15 21:59:37 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you can't seem to hear anything.
[Sat Sep 15 22:00:44 2007] : ** (81) Thom glances back and seeing everyone lined up, he opens the door and rushes through it, not wanting to be a still target right away. ((Just planning on moving up about 10 feet for now.)) **
[Sat Sep 15 22:01:28 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): As I recall, we passed along the west wall the entire north-south path, right?
[Sat Sep 15 22:01:39 2007] : (94) DM: The corridor beyond appears to be empty. The tangled jungle of vines and grasses that so previously graced the chamber of the spheres is gone.
[Sat Sep 15 22:01:52 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sat Sep 15 22:02:06 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and you deactivated some of the spheres
[Sat Sep 15 22:02:15 2007] : (97) Curshon (enter): 22:02
[Sat Sep 15 22:03:04 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): is there a visible door to the hall to area 4 or is is just a brick wall?
[Sat Sep 15 22:03:17 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): right - that was how we passed along that route safely. :-) There were more deactivated, but as long as we have a path - I'm happy.
[Sat Sep 15 22:03:21 2007] : ** (81) Thom draws out Ringrist and with a glance at Morti he quietly tells the little magus, "Let's hope I don't need it." **
[Sat Sep 15 22:03:27 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): not a visible door the last you can recall
[Sat Sep 15 22:03:42 2007] : ** (62) Daelan moves up so that he is behind Thom once more,an arrow notched as he scans the room quickly. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:03:52 2007] : (62) Daelan: " I wonder where the plants went?"
[Sat Sep 15 22:03:54 2007] : ** (79) Cael cautiously follows the group. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:04:01 2007] : (94) DM: The sword glows with a faint cold silver radiance.
[Sat Sep 15 22:04:01 2007] : ** (83) Morti nods, following along, paying all the attention he has to offer to their surroundings. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:04:54 2007] : ** (81) Thom glances down at Ringrist as it glows, with a disappointed look on his face. "Let's go. West wall. Follow me." **
[Sat Sep 15 22:05:10 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: "They were summoned by a spell Daelan, the spell has faded so to did the plants." ** follows Thom **
[Sat Sep 15 22:05:21 2007] : ** (81) Thom moves north, following the west wall of the room - the path that had been made clear earlier. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:05:52 2007] : (94) DM: As you enter the chamber of the spheres, a section of the wall appears to have vanished -- or at the very least -- been moved aside. (passage leading to 4)
[Sat Sep 15 22:07:09 2007] : ** (81) Thom pauses in his tracks as his scans note the new passageway. "Morti, go with Atross and Cael back up the next set of stairs. They can leave the bodies there for a moment, I'm checking out that new hallway." **
[Sat Sep 15 22:07:36 2007] : (81) Thom: (( Thom is trying to get the bodies placed in 1 for clarification. ))
[Sat Sep 15 22:08:13 2007] : ** (83) Morti raises a brow, "You sure this isn't a trap?" **
[Sat Sep 15 22:08:45 2007] : ** (81) Thom makes his way over towards the southeast corner, backtracking the way he came. When he nears the sphere in that corner, he begins searching for the trap for it. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:08:54 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [3,13] = (16)
[Sat Sep 15 22:09:03 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're unable to find it
[Sat Sep 15 22:09:04 2007] : (81) Thom: "Only one way to find out. But I don't want to come back down here again, do you?"
[Sat Sep 15 22:09:09 2007] : ** (79) Cael looks to Morti, "We'll not be gone long." **
[Sat Sep 15 22:09:35 2007] : ** (83) Morti groans, and follows Atross and Cale, as instructed. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:09:37 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): A pair of tracks appears to enter the newly revealed corridor. Faint voices can be heard in the distance.
[Sat Sep 15 22:10:22 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): as I recall, I didn't find any traps on the southwest one either, am I remembering correctly?
[Sat Sep 15 22:10:28 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): correct
[Sat Sep 15 22:10:31 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens remains down with Thom **
[Sat Sep 15 22:12:20 2007] : ** (62) Daelan stays with Thom **
[Sat Sep 15 22:12:22 2007] : ** (79) Cael begins moving towards the stairs, keeping to the west wall as Thom had earlier mentioned. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:12:22 2007] : ** (81) Thom looks back to Sevis, and presses a single finger to his lips, indicating the need for quiet. Thom then stands and slowly begins making his way to the new hallway, sticking to the wall so that he will be able to pear around the corner without being seen first. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:12:46 2007] : (94) Voice: (whispering): "Your continued failures will not be tolerated for long."
[Sat Sep 15 22:13:08 2007] : ** (81) Thom stops at one point, and seems to be listening to something ahead. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:13:20 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): male, female?
[Sat Sep 15 22:13:33 2007] : (94) Skriku's voice: (whispering): "Skriku is not to blame for the deaths of the paladin and her squire, yes? Skriku made a pact and will keep her bargain!"
[Sat Sep 15 22:13:46 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering): the first voice is harsh and cannot be determined
[Sat Sep 15 22:13:47 2007] : ** (79) Cael stops at the door at the top of the stairs and peers into the room looking for any dangers. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:13:47 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens follows along quietly behind Thom **
[Sat Sep 15 22:14:10 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): aww, you're no fun... :-(
[Sat Sep 15 22:14:18 2007] : (94) DM: All is silent in the chamber leading to the metallic statue of the insect-beast. (to Cael)
[Sat Sep 15 22:14:56 2007] : (97) Curshon: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Sep 15 22:14:56 2007] : (97) Curshon (exit): 22:14
[Sat Sep 15 22:15:09 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): thom will continue to listen as long as they talk - or until the party is found...
[Sat Sep 15 22:15:49 2007] : (94) Voice: (whispering): "You were to ensure that none escaped this valley. The paladin's horse returned to the village without her mistress and now questions have been raised, questions that shall lead to the undoing of all that we have worked for."
[Sat Sep 15 22:16:12 2007] : ** (79) Cael sets the body along the wall (south wall) and looks back to Atross and Morti **
[Sat Sep 15 22:16:57 2007] : (83) Morti: "So.. we wait here?"
[Sat Sep 15 22:17:05 2007] : (94) Skriku's voice: (whispering): "Skriku asks for one more chance to prove her worth to your mistress! But Skriku needs power to be able to accomplish what has so far eluded her, yes?"
[Sat Sep 15 22:17:11 2007] : (79) Cael: "No, now we go back down to the others."
[Sat Sep 15 22:17:39 2007] : (79) Cael: "While I'd rather just leave this place, I won't leave any of you to die if I can help it."
[Sat Sep 15 22:17:40 2007] : (94) Voice: (whispering): "You dare to bargain with the Great Lord?" (amused)
[Sat Sep 15 22:18:01 2007] : ** (81) Thom looks to those that stayed, and holds up two fingers, and points to the hallway, indicating he hears two individuals. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:18:05 2007] : ** (83) Morti gives a quick nod and heads back down toward the revealed hallway. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:18:14 2007] : ** (78) Atross sets down the other body on the opposite side of the stairs, "No need to wait here, I trust. But I know there'll be another trap of some kind down that new passage. Better get there before we're too late." **
[Sat Sep 15 22:18:29 2007] : ** (79) Cael follows Morti, keeping as quiet as possible. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:18:36 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 15 22:18:37 2007] : (78) Atross: (whispering): (GW): And miss out on all the fun, of course.
[Sat Sep 15 22:18:46 2007] : ** (81) Thom looks across the room, watching the rest of the party return - and waits for them before moving further. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:18:50 2007] : ** (78) Atross retraces the steps back around the room once again. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:19:21 2007] : ** (62) Daelan quietly moves over to Thom **
[Sat Sep 15 22:19:28 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): well - as much as I enjoy making you create dialogue for these NPCs, I guess Thom has heard enough - the crone dies today.
[Sat Sep 15 22:19:41 2007] : (94) Voice: (whispering): "If you were not of use, I would kill you now where you stand."
[Sat Sep 15 22:20:00 2007] : ** (79) Cael moves around the room into the new hallway. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:20:26 2007] : (98) Cedrik (enter): 22:20
[Sat Sep 15 22:20:46 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): as soon as everyone returns, Thom is going to lead them into the hallway, Thom walking on top of the crone's tracks as best he can.
[Sat Sep 15 22:20:47 2007] : ** (62) Daelan speaks quietly to Thom," Edain?" **
[Sat Sep 15 22:21:12 2007] : (94) Voice: (whispering): k
[Sat Sep 15 22:21:17 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering): k
[Sat Sep 15 22:21:38 2007] : (81) Thom: "Crone, plus one." he replies quietly. He then looks Daelen dead in the eyes. "Crone dies." is all else he says.
[Sat Sep 15 22:22:14 2007] : (62) Daelan: " Told you we should have killed her when we first met her.'
[Sat Sep 15 22:22:21 2007] : ** (81) Thom moves around the corner once the rest of the group returns - heading down the hallway, quietly at first, hoping to get a peek at the other speaker. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:23:17 2007] : ** (78) Atross pulls out his bow, but thinks better of igniting it immediately. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:23:40 2007] : ** (83) Morti holds to the back, awaiting thom's orders before doing anything. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:23:58 2007] : (81) Thom: (( sorry - Thom would wave the group to follow. ))
[Sat Sep 15 22:24:37 2007] : (81) Thom: (( he's not planning on going in there alone, he doesn't like what he's heard. ))
[Sat Sep 15 22:24:45 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering): Whatever it is is taller than you are, incredibly muscular and garbed in midnight black armor. The crone's back is to you. They're standing in the middle of the corridor leading to area 4, about 10' from the door to 4. The creature in black is bent to the crone and does not appear to be looking at you. It's movements remind you of a snake. It has no eyes. Ringrist blazes with a bright blue light.
[Sat Sep 15 22:25:09 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens follows Thom listening as well **
[Sat Sep 15 22:25:14 2007] : (94) DM: Thom's sword blazes forth with a bright blue, incandescent light that very nearly could double as torchlight.
[Sat Sep 15 22:25:14 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): Listen (Wis): [1d20+6+4+0] => [18,6,4,0] = (28)
[Sat Sep 15 22:25:23 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): Well - the light is about to give me away - so move in a sneak attack the crone from behind.
[Sat Sep 15 22:26:23 2007] : ** (94) The myrdraal looks up and smiles thinly. "I do believe this is my cue to leave. Time for you to repay your bargain with my mistress." **
[Sat Sep 15 22:26:26 2007] : ** (81) Thom quickly moves forward, since Ringrist will be announcing his presense anyway. He moves quickly down and stabs out with Ringrist. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:26:48 2007] : (94) DM: (init, but let me describe what's going on first)
[Sat Sep 15 22:26:58 2007] : ** (83) Morti draws out a glass bead, before they enter a fight, ready to cast a quick spell **
[Sat Sep 15 22:26:58 2007] : ** (62) Daelan steps into the open bringing his bow up **
[Sat Sep 15 22:27:14 2007] : (81) Thom: (( no prob... I was getting a little ahead of myself there... ))
[Sat Sep 15 22:27:24 2007] : (83) Morti: init: [1d20+2] => [3,2] = (5)
[Sat Sep 15 22:27:48 2007] : (83) Morti: (any chance of the ready action before we hop out to fight?)
[Sat Sep 15 22:27:49 2007] : (78) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [15,5] = (20)
[Sat Sep 15 22:27:56 2007] : (81) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [12,9] = (21)
[Sat Sep 15 22:28:00 2007] : (94) DM: Down the corridor leading to (4), an Eyeless is standing with Skriku. Skriku's back is turned to you. They are standing roughly 10' in front of the closed door to (4). The Eyeless sensed Thom's approach when the above occurred.
[Sat Sep 15 22:28:14 2007] : (94) DM: (go ahead)
[Sat Sep 15 22:28:19 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: INIT: [1d20+10] => [16,10] = (26)
[Sat Sep 15 22:28:22 2007] : (79) Cael: Initiative: [1d20+3+4] => [6,3,4] = (13)
[Sat Sep 15 22:28:49 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] => [16,2] = (18)
[Sat Sep 15 22:28:56 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Sat Sep 15 22:29:34 2007] : ** (83) Morti whispers arcane words to the glass bead, which pulses to life with a flutter, expanding a bubble in a 10 ft radius, before shimmering and passing to invisibilty (minor globe of invulnerability) **
[Sat Sep 15 22:29:56 2007] : (81) Thom: (( stupid old Ringrist - for a sword made to aid the Light - it is also helping this creature of the Dark get away... ))
[Sat Sep 15 22:30:29 2007] : (94) DM: (need Daelan to roll init)
[Sat Sep 15 22:30:50 2007] : (62) Daelan: INIT: [1d20+2] => [11,2] = (13)
[Sat Sep 15 22:31:10 2007] : (94) DM: (Sevis, 26)
[Sat Sep 15 22:32:07 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens charges down the hall and tries to plant a kick in the eyeless' face **
[Sat Sep 15 22:32:08 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): Attack: [1d20+10+6+3] => [2,10,6,3] = (21) Damage: [2d6+3+3] => [4,4,3,3] = (14)
[Sat Sep 15 22:32:25 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): miss
[Sat Sep 15 22:33:05 2007] : (94) The myrdraal: "You're incredibly brave, or foolish for a human, but I shall not fight you today."
[Sat Sep 15 22:33:16 2007] : (94) DM: (Thom, 21)
[Sat Sep 15 22:33:36 2007] : (98) Cedrik: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Sep 15 22:33:36 2007] : (98) Cedrik (exit): 22:33
[Sat Sep 15 22:33:43 2007] : ** (81) Thom moves in quickly and strikes at the crone from behind, before she can fully understand what is happening. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:33:50 2007] : (81) Thom: Ringrist attack: [1d20+15] => [18,15] = (33) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [5,5] = (10)
[Sat Sep 15 22:34:09 2007] : ** (81) Thom does an additional [4d6] => [2,2,2,4] = (10) sneak attack damage. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:34:30 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering): yes I would say you hit lol
[Sat Sep 15 22:34:54 2007] : ** (94) Skriku jerks backward, caught unawares by Thom's sudden attack. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:35:01 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): that's why I went ahead and rolled the SA damage. If that wasn't a hit - we all needed to run - very quickly.
[Sat Sep 15 22:35:11 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering): damage total?
[Sat Sep 15 22:35:26 2007] : (81) Thom: "You make deals with Him, you die."
[Sat Sep 15 22:35:32 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): 20
[Sat Sep 15 22:36:22 2007] : ** (94) Skriku coughs up blood as she's stabbed in the back with Ringrist and screams with agony. The myrdraal whispers, "How fitting." **
[Sat Sep 15 22:36:37 2007] : (94) Skriku: (Atr, 20)
[Sat Sep 15 22:37:29 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): Yay, I just don't feel as though I get to do enough SA damage with my rogues... To many undead and golams...
[Sat Sep 15 22:38:24 2007] : ** (78) Atross rushes around the corner as well, nocking a pair of arrows and drawing back as he goes to add a counterpoint to Thom's brutal anti-hag initiative. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:38:34 2007] : (78) Atross: Point Black Attack: Manyshot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1-4+1] => [20,10,5,2,2,1,-4,1] = (37)
[Sat Sep 15 22:38:43 2007] : (94) DM: (at whom?)
[Sat Sep 15 22:38:51 2007] : (78) Atross: (Skriku, the hag.)
[Sat Sep 15 22:38:53 2007] : (94) DM: (that was a hit btw)
[Sat Sep 15 22:38:54 2007] : (81) Thom: (( LOL - Atross now gets to name all battles and attacks. ))
[Sat Sep 15 22:39:24 2007] : (83) Morti: (that a threat?)
[Sat Sep 15 22:39:27 2007] : (78) Atross: Point Black Attack: Manyshot critical threat confirmation:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1-4+1] => [16,10,5,2,2,1,-4,1] = (33)
[Sat Sep 15 22:39:46 2007] : (94) DM: (yep)
[Sat Sep 15 22:40:22 2007] : (78) Atross: Manyshot Damage: Critical damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1+1+1d10+3+2+2+1+1+1d10+3+2+2+1+1] => [9,3,2,2,1,1,9,3,2,2,1,1,7,3,2,2,1,1] = (52) and [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [1,3,2,2,1] = (9)
[Sat Sep 15 22:41:05 2007] : (78) Atross: ((Total of 61))
[Sat Sep 15 22:41:10 2007] : (78) Atross: (whispering): (GW): And ouchies.
[Sat Sep 15 22:41:16 2007] : (94) DM: The hag collapses under a rain of arrows. As for the myrdraal, it steps back into the shadows that drape the stone door and flashes you a mocking smile.
[Sat Sep 15 22:42:12 2007] : (81) Thom: (( and poor Daelan still didn't get to kill her... ))
[Sat Sep 15 22:42:18 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (( I get an AoO? ))
[Sat Sep 15 22:42:20 2007] : (94) DM: It melts away in a second.
[Sat Sep 15 22:42:26 2007] : (94) DM: (yes)
[Sat Sep 15 22:43:15 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens attempts to grab the thing before it can vanish ((Grapple Attempt: [1d20+10+6+3+4] => [11,10,6,3,4] = (34) )) **
[Sat Sep 15 22:43:40 2007] : ** (62) Daelan smiles at Atross," You have learned the way of the bow faster than any other Human I have seen." **
[Sat Sep 15 22:44:05 2007] : (81) Thom: (( and Sevis leans towards "foolish for a human". ))
[Sat Sep 15 22:45:08 2007] : ** (94) The myrdraal smiles thinly. "If you wish to travel so hastily to your doom, I can arrange that, mortal." **
[Sat Sep 15 22:45:53 2007] : ** (94) The myrdraal does not resist Sevis' attempt but simply steps back into the shadows. **
[Sat Sep 15 22:46:30 2007] : (81) Thom: "Sevis, stop! Something's not right."
[Sat Sep 15 22:46:34 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (( if I am able to grab it, it wont be able to step anywhere since I would pull it into my square ))
[Sat Sep 15 22:47:00 2007] : (81) Thom: (( only said if it starts dragging Sevis along. ))
[Sat Sep 15 22:47:31 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): roll to see if you hold
[Sat Sep 15 22:47:45 2007] : ** (78) Atross 'shoots' back, "Necessity tends to be a rather swift educator. You've been a pretty good teacher to go with it, though." **
[Sat Sep 15 22:47:53 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: ((Grapple Attempt: [1d20+10+6+3+4] => [16,10,6,3,4] = (39) ))
[Sat Sep 15 22:47:56 2007] : (83) Morti: (aren't we in a plain hallway? what shadows are there with the lights we carry?)
[Sat Sep 15 22:48:31 2007] : (81) Thom: (( if nothing else - his own shadow behind him. Ringrist would be making a decent sized shadow right now. ))
[Sat Sep 15 22:48:35 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9+5+3] => [11,9,5,3] = (28)
[Sat Sep 15 22:48:49 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): (ok, you're grappling)
[Sat Sep 15 22:49:22 2007] : (83) Morti: (nah, he shouldn't be able to use his own shadow, maybe someone elses. not sure)
[Sat Sep 15 22:49:33 2007] : (94) DM: (You're in a plain hallway that's not brightly lit except for the area where Ringrist is and as I said, the myrdraal is 10' in front of the door to 4.)
[Sat Sep 15 22:49:49 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: "Do leave so soon, we were just getting started." ** as he grabs and pulls the thing loser to him **
[Sat Sep 15 22:50:02 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (( err Dont ))
[Sat Sep 15 22:50:13 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (( *closer ))
[Sat Sep 15 22:52:25 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): (experiencing major lag)
[Sat Sep 15 22:53:20 2007] : (78) Atross: (whispering): (GW): In point of fact, as far as shadows go, as long as he can get you, Sevis between him and Ringrist, he could use yourshadow.
[Sat Sep 15 22:54:47 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): if you have access to the d20 WoT book, I need a myrdraal's stats
[Sat Sep 15 22:54:55 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the pdf is causing lag
[Sat Sep 15 22:55:04 2007] : (94) DM: (lag accessing the site)
[Sat Sep 15 22:55:18 2007] : (82) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): ok one sec
[Sat Sep 15 22:55:38 2007] : (79) Cael: (( afk ))
[Sat Sep 15 22:55:59 2007] : (81) Thom: (( no prob, we'll wait until you can figure out how to get around DJ and have the eyeless one escape. Or should I say - you *seem* to think you can do it... ))
[Sat Sep 15 22:56:47 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 15 22:56:48 2007] : (4) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering): Str 18, Dex 22, Con 18, Int 15, Wis 14, Cha 16
[Sat Sep 15 22:58:33 2007] : (4) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering): what other stats you need?
[Sat Sep 15 22:58:52 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): special abilities
[Sat Sep 15 23:00:45 2007] : (94) DM: (it would help if I could access the stats instead of waiting for it to download and tie up my system)
[Sat Sep 15 23:00:49 2007] : (4) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering): Shadow-Blade (Wound never heal except by the one power). Disease (DC 18 1d6 Con) Fear Gaze (Dc 17 or be shaken for 1d6 min) Shadow Walk (Just says they can travel though shadows but nothing else)
[Sat Sep 15 23:01:30 2007] : (81) Thom: (( but that would be too easy... ))
[Sat Sep 15 23:02:05 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I see
[Sat Sep 15 23:02:27 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): is the disease a touch attack?
[Sat Sep 15 23:02:42 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the fear gaze when it looks at you or when you look at it?
[Sat Sep 15 23:02:44 2007] : (4) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering): happens when you get hurt by the blade
[Sat Sep 15 23:02:47 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sat Sep 15 23:02:54 2007] : (4) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering): it looks at you
[Sat Sep 15 23:03:07 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): shaken for 1d6 min. what exactly does that mean?
[Sat Sep 15 23:03:31 2007] : (4) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering): -2 to most rolls
[Sat Sep 15 23:04:20 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and it probably can't be hit by regular magical weapons (or it will have DR)
[Sat Sep 15 23:04:35 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I still haven't decided what it can be hit by. certainly not +1 weapons
[Sat Sep 15 23:04:50 2007] : (4) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering): Doent list any DR
[Sat Sep 15 23:05:03 2007] : (4) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering): but granted nothing in WoT has a DR
[Sat Sep 15 23:05:04 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): well considering that's from the world of the wheel
[Sat Sep 15 23:05:07 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): Are you saying that you didn't expect our monk to grab ahold of the myrdraal and try to keep it from leaving, and roll rather well in doing so? Any of us would have done the same. Ok, not any of us - only Sevis...
[Sat Sep 15 23:05:15 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): :-P
[Sat Sep 15 23:05:20 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): according to the novels, Mat and Rand couldn't kill one until later in the series
[Sat Sep 15 23:05:34 2007] : (4) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering): I would say it would have to be Good and Magic aligned weapon
[Sat Sep 15 23:05:37 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): so that would be commensurate with +3 or greater in regular D&D
[Sat Sep 15 23:05:45 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Sep 15 23:05:47 2007] : (4) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering): DR 10/Good DR 10/Magic
[Sat Sep 15 23:05:53 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sounds good
[Sat Sep 15 23:06:23 2007] : (94) DM: (Dael, 13)
[Sat Sep 15 23:06:42 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering): we're conferring with each other as to what can injure it in regular D&D
[Sat Sep 15 23:07:02 2007] : (4) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering): HP is listed as 9d8+36 (76) but with out damage output I would butm it up to 12d8 +50ish
[Sat Sep 15 23:07:10 2007] : (62) Daelan: ( can I see what is going on?)
[Sat Sep 15 23:07:13 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): Ringrist should. :-)
[Sat Sep 15 23:07:14 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I concur
[Sat Sep 15 23:07:24 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering): true
[Sat Sep 15 23:07:35 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering): but outside of Ringrist you're fucked
[Sat Sep 15 23:08:02 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): yeah, except that Sevis appears intent on holding on...
[Sat Sep 15 23:08:03 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 15 23:08:04 2007] : (83) Lunauc: (whispering): question.. would a glitterdust spell eradicate all shadows in the area?
[Sat Sep 15 23:08:18 2007] : (94) DM: Sevis is locked in combat with a muscular humanoid. You're not able to get a close look.
[Sat Sep 15 23:08:36 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I don't think so. check with DJ or Zane
[Sat Sep 15 23:11:58 2007] : ** (62) Daelan brings his bow up,aiming at the other humaniod," Sevis do you need my help?" **
[Sat Sep 15 23:12:20 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: "As long as you dont hit me with that thing."
[Sat Sep 15 23:13:31 2007] : (62) Daelan: " Then do not move."
[Sat Sep 15 23:13:46 2007] : ** (62) Daelan fires three arrows at the other Humaniod. **
[Sat Sep 15 23:13:54 2007] : (62) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [7,21] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [4,3,5,0] = (12)
[Sat Sep 15 23:13:55 2007] : (62) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [17,21] = (38) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [1,3,3,0] = (7)
[Sat Sep 15 23:13:55 2007] : (62) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [6,16] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [7,3,5,0] = (15)
[Sat Sep 15 23:15:02 2007] : (94) DM: The creature does not seem to be affected overly much by your attacks. It continues to grapple with Sevis.
[Sat Sep 15 23:15:17 2007] : (94) DM: (Cael, 13)
[Sat Sep 15 23:16:29 2007] : ** (79) Cael moves around the corner and takes in the scene around him. Upon seeing Sevis and the humanoid he begins to shift. His equipment is absorbed into his body and he takes the shape of a wolf. After the changes are over, he snarls at the creature. **
[Sat Sep 15 23:17:02 2007] : (94) DM: (Mort, 5)
[Sat Sep 15 23:17:25 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering): (GW): My other choice was brown bear, but I think that a large creature would take up a little toom much room.
[Sat Sep 15 23:17:45 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): so - I'll ask now. Is this thing succeptible to sneak attack damage?
[Sat Sep 15 23:17:45 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Is there some sort of imagery behind the wolf that I haven't learned about yet?
[Sat Sep 15 23:18:08 2007] : ** (83) Morti hustles down the hall quickly, toting his torch, as he moves past the wrestles to block the door to 4, and shed new light to block the shadows ringrist leaves. **
[Sat Sep 15 23:18:10 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Because... no precise shot, not wanting to hit Sevis.
[Sat Sep 15 23:18:23 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Ah, been meaning to get them from a friend to read through.
[Sat Sep 15 23:19:00 2007] : (83) Morti: (done)
[Sat Sep 15 23:19:09 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering): you can try
[Sat Sep 15 23:19:21 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Heh
[Sat Sep 15 23:19:37 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): might as well - since it doesn't seem to be going anywhere yet. Besides, I gotta make sure it remembers me. :-)
[Sat Sep 15 23:19:42 2007] : (94) DM: (Sev, 26)
[Sat Sep 15 23:20:40 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens keeps holding the creature and beats on it ((Grapple Attempt: [1d20+10+6+3+4] => [14,10,6,3,4] = (37) )) **
[Sat Sep 15 23:20:41 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): Attack: [1d20+10+6+3] => [19,10,6,3] = (38) Damage: [2d6+3+3] => [1,6,3,3] = (13)
[Sat Sep 15 23:20:41 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens uses the momentum from his kick to swing him into a round house kick **
[Sat Sep 15 23:20:41 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): If I have Wand of Fire Active active add [1d8+10] => [1,10] = (11) fire damage
[Sat Sep 15 23:20:42 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): Attack: [1d20+10+6+3] => [4,10,6,3] = (23) Damage: [2d6+3+3] => [4,1,3,3] = (11)
[Sat Sep 15 23:20:42 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): If I have Wand of Fire Active active add [1d8+10] => [5,10] = (15) fire damage
[Sat Sep 15 23:20:42 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens throws out a quick left handed punch to reduce his spining momentum **
[Sat Sep 15 23:20:43 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): Attack: [1d20+5+6+3] => [11,5,6,3] = (25) Damage: [2d6+3+3] => [5,5,3,3] = (16)
[Sat Sep 15 23:20:43 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): If I have Wand of Fire Active active add [1d8+10] => [1,10] = (11) fire damage
[Sat Sep 15 23:20:43 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens finishes his up with a right handed punch **
[Sat Sep 15 23:20:48 2007] : (94) The myrdraal: "Now that you've slain the hag, you could walk away from this without suffering any harm. It's your choice."
[Sat Sep 15 23:21:19 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9+5+2] => [11,9,5,2] = (27)
[Sat Sep 15 23:21:27 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): continues to hold
[Sat Sep 15 23:21:56 2007] : (81) Thom: "Then tell us why you wanted nothing to leave this valley."
[Sat Sep 15 23:21:57 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): of those attacks, 25 and 38 hit
[Sat Sep 15 23:22:00 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering): (GW): With Wild Shape, I can never remember if you use the creatures Base-Attack Bonus, or your own, I know you swap out physical scores (STR, DEX, CON) but Poly doesn say anything about BAB, at least it didn't when I scanned it.
[Sat Sep 15 23:22:45 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): ok 29 damage
[Sat Sep 15 23:23:21 2007] : (94) The myrdraal: "The Great Lord does not bargain with lesser creatures." (sneers)
[Sat Sep 15 23:23:24 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Yeah, I just read it. Thanks.
[Sat Sep 15 23:23:43 2007] : (94) DM: (Thom, 21)
[Sat Sep 15 23:23:53 2007] : (83) Morti: "How about just surrendering yourself then?"
[Sat Sep 15 23:24:34 2007] : ** (81) Thom shrugs "That's your choice." as replies as he steps in closer and strikes out at the creature with Ringrist. **
[Sat Sep 15 23:24:39 2007] : (81) Thom: Ringrist full attack:
1st attack: [1d20+15] => [11,15] = (26) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [4,5] = (9)
2nd attack: [1d20+10] => [15,10] = (25) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [2,5] = (7)

[Sat Sep 15 23:24:53 2007] : (94) The myrdraal: "Where did you get THAT?"
[Sat Sep 15 23:25:02 2007] : (81) Thom: (( and sneak attack, if appicable, since he would lose dex bonus while grappled. ))
[Sat Sep 15 23:25:03 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering): both hit
[Sat Sep 15 23:25:29 2007] : ** (94) The myrdraal squirms in utter agony. "You will pay dearly for that!" **
[Sat Sep 15 23:25:36 2007] : (81) Thom: "I do not bargin with your kind."
[Sat Sep 15 23:27:07 2007] : (94) DM: As Ringrist slices into the creature's flesh, clouds of dark smoke burst into being and it hits you -- of all the weapons available to you, your sword is the one most capable of striking it down. For the first time in your battle, the Eyeless feels fear.
[Sat Sep 15 23:27:31 2007] : (94) DM: (Atr, 20)
[Sat Sep 15 23:28:24 2007] : ** (78) Atross walks up casually, igniting the flames of his bow as he reaches the struggling, fearful fade. **
[Sat Sep 15 23:28:58 2007] : (78) Atross: "Hey, Sevis, would you hold it still a moment?"
[Sat Sep 15 23:29:30 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Probably
[Sat Sep 15 23:29:30 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens tries to hold still **
[Sat Sep 15 23:29:52 2007] : (78) Atross: (whispering): (GW): If you can pin it, it'll be a clear shot, and nearly impossible for anyone to miss as well.
[Sat Sep 15 23:30:04 2007] : (78) Atross: ((With that, I'm done.))
[Sat Sep 15 23:30:26 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [11,13] = (24),[1d20+8] => [15,8] = (23)
[Sat Sep 15 23:32:05 2007] : (94) DM: It turns its eyeless gaze on Sevis, then squirms one hand free as it attempts to unsheathe a shadow-blade. (Will save by Sevis, AOO by Atross and Thom)
[Sat Sep 15 23:32:19 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): Will Save: [1d20+4+9+0+0] => [13,4,9,0,0] = (26)
[Sat Sep 15 23:32:20 2007] : (81) Thom: Ringrist attack: [1d20+15] => [8,15] = (23) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [3,5] = (8)
[Sat Sep 15 23:32:32 2007] : (94) DM: (23 is a miss)
[Sat Sep 15 23:32:54 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): success
[Sat Sep 15 23:33:26 2007] : (78) Atross: Standard Attack: One Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1] => [15,10,5,2,2,1] = (35)
[Sat Sep 15 23:34:03 2007] : (94) DM: With one hand free, it attempts to slash at Sevis by drawing it's blade across his neck, then tries to gut him like a fish. (AC 24 and 23)
[Sat Sep 15 23:34:05 2007] : (78) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [9,3,2,2,1] = (17) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [4] = (4)
[Sat Sep 15 23:34:21 2007] : (94) DM: It does not seem overly injured by Atross' attack.
[Sat Sep 15 23:34:22 2007] : (78) Atross: (whispering): (GW): That's just if you care.
[Sat Sep 15 23:35:00 2007] : (94) DM: (Dael, 13)
[Sat Sep 15 23:35:16 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I'm assuming both missed
[Sat Sep 15 23:35:56 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): AC Normal: 28 Touch: 26 Flat Footed: 22
[Sat Sep 15 23:35:59 2007] : ** (62) Daelan aims at the creatures arm that is waving the blade. **
[Sat Sep 15 23:36:16 2007] : (62) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [12,21] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [6,3,5,0] = (14)
[Sat Sep 15 23:36:16 2007] : (62) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [6,21] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [1,3,5,0] = (9)
[Sat Sep 15 23:36:17 2007] : (62) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [19,16] = (35) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [5,3,6,0] = (14)
[Sat Sep 15 23:37:27 2007] : (94) DM: Once again, though your strikes penetrate its midnight black armor, they don't seem to affect it overly much.
[Sat Sep 15 23:37:39 2007] : (94) DM: (Cael, 13)
[Sat Sep 15 23:38:08 2007] : ** (79) Cael moves around the eyeless cautiously, waiting for an opening and snaps at its leg. **
[Sat Sep 15 23:38:12 2007] : (79) Cael: Wild Shape - Wolf: Bite - [1d20+8] => [17,8] = (25) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Sat Sep 15 23:39:11 2007] : (94) DM: Although you're able to sink your teeth in its' calf, it does not appear to be injured at all.
[Sat Sep 15 23:39:15 2007] : (94) DM: (Mort, 5)
[Sat Sep 15 23:40:20 2007] : ** (83) Morti reaches into a small pouch in his pocket, pulling a pork rind, which he quickly gesticulates with, as he spurts a hasty incantactation. the rind dissolves as a slich sheen envelopes the eyeless' blade (Grease, rflx 15 to hold on) **
[Sat Sep 15 23:40:58 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] => [12,12] = (24)
[Sat Sep 15 23:41:02 2007] : (94) DM: It manages.
[Sat Sep 15 23:41:07 2007] : (94) DM: (24, Sev)
[Sat Sep 15 23:41:14 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens keeps holding the creature and beats on it ((Grapple Attempt: [1d20+10+6+3+4] => [16,10,6,3,4] = (39) )) **
[Sat Sep 15 23:41:17 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens uses the momentum from his kick to swing him into a round house kick **
[Sat Sep 15 23:41:18 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): Attack: [1d20+10+6+3] => [17,10,6,3] = (36) Damage: [2d6+3+3] => [3,6,3,3] = (15)
[Sat Sep 15 23:41:18 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): If I have Wand of Fire Active active add [1d8+10] => [5,10] = (15) fire damage
[Sat Sep 15 23:41:18 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens throws out a quick left handed punch to reduce his spining momentum **
[Sat Sep 15 23:41:19 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): Attack: [1d20+10+6+3] => [17,10,6,3] = (36) Damage: [2d6+3+3] => [4,6,3,3] = (16)
[Sat Sep 15 23:41:19 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): If I have Wand of Fire Active active add [1d8+10] => [2,10] = (12) fire damage
[Sat Sep 15 23:41:19 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): Attack: [1d20+5+6+3] => [15,5,6,3] = (29) Damage: [2d6+3+3] => [1,5,3,3] = (12)
[Sat Sep 15 23:41:19 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens finishes his up with a right handed punch **
[Sat Sep 15 23:41:20 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): If I have Wand of Fire Active active add [1d8+10] => [2,10] = (12) fire damage
[Sat Sep 15 23:41:32 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14+9+5+2] => [8,14,9,5,2] = (38)
[Sat Sep 15 23:41:53 2007] : (94) DM: It breaks free.
[Sat Sep 15 23:42:10 2007] : (94) DM: (sec. let me check with DJ first)
[Sat Sep 15 23:42:18 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it beat your grapple check
[Sat Sep 15 23:42:32 2007] : (82) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): then it is free
[Sat Sep 15 23:42:49 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): do you still attack it?
[Sat Sep 15 23:42:57 2007] : (82) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): ya
[Sat Sep 15 23:43:01 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Sep 15 23:43:07 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): all 3 hit
[Sat Sep 15 23:43:25 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): total the damage but take off 30 for DR
[Sat Sep 15 23:43:30 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): damage is 43 and Sevis' fists count as Good & Magic
[Sat Sep 15 23:43:37 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I see then never mind
[Sat Sep 15 23:43:51 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 43 total? or?
[Sat Sep 15 23:44:08 2007] : (82) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Ya total
[Sat Sep 15 23:44:10 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sat Sep 15 23:44:44 2007] : (82) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): The fire damage dont count since he has not activated it. I just put it in the rolls so I dont have to remember to add it when I have activated it :)
[Sat Sep 15 23:44:46 2007] : (94) DM: (Thom, 21)
[Sat Sep 15 23:45:22 2007] : (81) Thom: "I think Ringrist likes you." he says, as he strikes out again at the creature.
[Sat Sep 15 23:45:32 2007] : (81) Thom: Ringrist full attack:
1st attack: [1d20+15] => [19,15] = (34) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [4,5] = (9)
2nd attack: [1d20+10] => [6,10] = (16) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [2,5] = (7)

[Sat Sep 15 23:45:46 2007] : (81) Thom: Crit check: [1d20+15] => [7,15] = (22)
[Sat Sep 15 23:46:55 2007] : (81) Thom: (( so, I'm guessing only 9 damage... ))
[Sat Sep 15 23:49:31 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (( connection check ))
[Sat Sep 15 23:49:40 2007] : (81) Thom: (( you're here ))
[Sat Sep 15 23:50:28 2007] : (81) Thom: (( hmm - maybe I'll have to reroll those if we lost Stan... ))
[Sat Sep 15 23:50:36 2007] : (94) DM: ((more than that actually but I won't tell. :)))
[Sat Sep 15 23:50:38 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (( hehe ))
[Sat Sep 15 23:50:56 2007] : (81) Thom: (( drat... :-P ))
[Sat Sep 15 23:50:57 2007] : (94) DM: It doesn't seem to be doing so well.
[Sat Sep 15 23:51:09 2007] : (94) DM: (Atr, 20)
[Sat Sep 15 23:52:27 2007] : ** (78) Atross steps clear of the reach of its black blade, then plants some more flaming arrows into the myrdraal. **
[Sat Sep 15 23:52:39 2007] : (78) Atross: Full Attack: First Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1] => [14,10,5,2,2,1] = (34) Rapid Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1] => [5,10,5,2,2,1] = (25)Second Shot:[1d20+5+5+2+2+1] => [12,5,5,2,2,1] = (27)
[Sat Sep 15 23:53:56 2007] : (78) Atross: ((I'll just give ya three, in case.))
[Sat Sep 15 23:53:56 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering): (GW): They'll definitely go on my list of "Spells you need to remember to prepare next time."
[Sat Sep 15 23:54:00 2007] : (78) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [6,3,2,2,1] = (14) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [1] = (1)
[Sat Sep 15 23:54:00 2007] : (78) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [7,3,2,2,1] = (15) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [6] = (6)
[Sat Sep 15 23:54:00 2007] : (78) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [7,3,2,2,1] = (15) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [4] = (4)
[Sat Sep 15 23:54:39 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Well, except Haste... but those other two, definitely.
[Sat Sep 15 23:56:10 2007] : (94) DM: It's not doing so great but still is not overly injured.
[Sat Sep 15 23:58:32 2007] : (78) Atross: ((To be clear, I am done.))

[Sun Sep 16 00:02:13 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (( ??? ))
[Sun Sep 16 00:02:27 2007] : (81) Thom: (( and Stash is done as well... ))
[Sun Sep 16 00:02:29 2007] : (94) DM: It turns it's gaze on Atross, then hurls its sword at Sevis as it attempts to step into Sevis' shadow.
[Sun Sep 16 00:02:37 2007] : (94) DM: ((was thinking))
[Sun Sep 16 00:02:45 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Will save
[Sun Sep 16 00:02:51 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [14,13] = (27)
[Sun Sep 16 00:02:51 2007] : (81) Thom: (( yep - I talk about the DM, and his post shows up. :-) ))
[Sun Sep 16 00:03:12 2007] : (78) Donovan: (whispering): Will: [1d20+9] => [19,9] = (28)
[Sun Sep 16 00:03:14 2007] : (81) Thom: (( AOO from me for either the throw or at least the movement? ))
[Sun Sep 16 00:03:24 2007] : (94) DM: (AOO by Sevis, it strikes AC 27 and misses)
[Sun Sep 16 00:03:32 2007] : (94) DM: (AOO by all others if applicable)
[Sun Sep 16 00:03:32 2007] : (78) Donovan: (whispering): I ain't afraid of no... ghost/
[Sun Sep 16 00:03:34 2007] : (83) Morti: (had my torch ready to dissolve Sevis' shadow)
[Sun Sep 16 00:03:35 2007] : (81) Thom: Ringrist attack: [1d20+15] => [7,15] = (22) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [6,5] = (11)
[Sun Sep 16 00:03:39 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): success
[Sun Sep 16 00:03:49 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens tries to grabb it before it gets away again ((Grapple Attempt: [1d20+10+6+3+4] => [19,10,6,3,4] = (42) )) **
[Sun Sep 16 00:03:52 2007] : (81) Thom: (( Damn... the dice have turned on me... ))
[Sun Sep 16 00:03:55 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (( 27 is a miss ))
[Sun Sep 16 00:04:04 2007] : (79) Cael: Wild Shape - Wolf: Bite - [1d20+8] => [18,8] = (26) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Sun Sep 16 00:04:48 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14+9+5+2] => [17,14,9,5,2] = (47)
[Sun Sep 16 00:05:31 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): fail on grapple check
[Sun Sep 16 00:05:58 2007] : (94) DM: It doesn't even feel Cael's attack.
[Sun Sep 16 00:06:21 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): what's this about dissolving Sevis' shadow?
[Sun Sep 16 00:07:07 2007] : (83) Lunauc: (whispering): Morti moved in to use his torch to cover the shadow ringrist would cast from Sevis, to rob the eyeless of his escape routes.
[Sun Sep 16 00:07:20 2007] : (79) Cael: (( I'm going for annoyance/pest status in this one. ))
[Sun Sep 16 00:07:27 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sun Sep 16 00:07:32 2007] : (83) Lunauc: (whispering): two light sources, from different angles cover eachothers shadows
[Sun Sep 16 00:07:56 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (( so since I failed to grab it, it gets away into my shadow? ))
[Sun Sep 16 00:07:57 2007] : (94) DM: It tries to slip into Sevis' shadow but finds that none exist.
[Sun Sep 16 00:08:17 2007] : (81) Thom: (( woohoo - go Morti! ))
[Sun Sep 16 00:08:23 2007] : (94) DM: (Dael, 13)
[Sun Sep 16 00:08:56 2007] : ** (62) Daelan brings his bow up once more as he quickly lets loose three more arrows into the creature. **
[Sun Sep 16 00:09:04 2007] : (62) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [6,21] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [2,3,1,0] = (6)
[Sun Sep 16 00:09:04 2007] : (62) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [11,21] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [4,3,2,0] = (9)
[Sun Sep 16 00:09:04 2007] : (62) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [9,16] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [2,3,5,0] = (10)
[Sun Sep 16 00:10:04 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Not nearly as random as some of the stuff my roommate says.
[Sun Sep 16 00:10:30 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering): (GW): At least bears have been mentioned previously tonight.
[Sun Sep 16 00:11:06 2007] : (94) DM: It doesn't seem to be injured....well it is, just not from you.
[Sun Sep 16 00:11:13 2007] : (94) DM: (Cael, 13)
[Sun Sep 16 00:11:32 2007] : ** (79) Cael moves around again to bite. **
[Sun Sep 16 00:11:36 2007] : (79) Cael: Wild Shape - Wolf: Bite - [1d20+8] => [5,8] = (13) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Sun Sep 16 00:11:47 2007] : (94) DM: (ok, that was a miss. 5, Mort)
[Sun Sep 16 00:13:04 2007] : ** (83) Morti decides to try his magic, since muscle won't do. With a quick incantation he forms a roiling ball of blue energy in his hand. Thrusting it toward the enemy, the ball bursts in a rush of four energy darts. Magic Missile:[4d4+4] => [3,2,1,4,4] = (14) **
[Sun Sep 16 00:13:49 2007] : (94) DM: It falls to the ground, and stops moving. However, it still remains alive.
[Sun Sep 16 00:14:28 2007] : (83) Morti: :a surprised experssion flashes across his mask: "Did that actually work?"
[Sun Sep 16 00:15:19 2007] : (94) DM: It's still alive and glares at the diminutive sorcerer with a look of pure hatred, unusual since it has no eyes.
[Sun Sep 16 00:15:39 2007] : (81) Thom: (( still going through init? ))
[Sun Sep 16 00:15:54 2007] : (83) Morti: :shrinks under the 'gaze': "Eh... sorry.."
[Sun Sep 16 00:17:28 2007] : (62) Daelan: " Ask about its mistress before you finish it off Sevis."
[Sun Sep 16 00:18:48 2007] : ** (83) Morti grips his staff, keeping it's flame adjusted to blot out any available shadows for escape, regardless of the villain's apparent condition **
[Sun Sep 16 00:19:11 2007] : (78) Atross: "I doubt it'll give us any more information than we already have, just the same."
[Sun Sep 16 00:19:12 2007] : (81) Thom: "Mistress? Who are you talking about?"
[Sun Sep 16 00:19:43 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (( we still in INIT? ))
[Sun Sep 16 00:20:00 2007] : (94) DM: ((no))
[Sun Sep 16 00:20:08 2007] : ** (79) Cael steps back cautiously and begins to shift back to his normal form. **
[Sun Sep 16 00:20:20 2007] : (62) Daelan: " It mentioned something about the hag having to repay its mistress for whatever I do not know."
[Sun Sep 16 00:21:01 2007] : (94) The myrdraal: "I have many who seek to master me but I answer to only one Lord."
[Sun Sep 16 00:21:28 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens gies and removes it's weapons "Lets drag this thing out with us Rhian may have a better idea what to do with it." **
[Sun Sep 16 00:21:47 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (( *goes ))
[Sun Sep 16 00:22:08 2007] : (81) Thom: "And based on it's reaction to Ringrist, I say that One is the Dark One."
[Sun Sep 16 00:22:48 2007] : (81) Thom: "I have an idea, and we don't have to drag it." Thom uses Ringrist to remove the creature's head.
[Sun Sep 16 00:23:11 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: "I concure. Maybe it will tell us who Illana Sedai's allies in the tower are."
[Sun Sep 16 00:23:22 2007] : ** (79) Cael moves towards the crone's body, looking for the gold he'd paid her earlier. **
[Sun Sep 16 00:23:35 2007] : ** (94) The myrdraal gives Thom a mocking smile even as he kills it. **
[Sun Sep 16 00:23:42 2007] : (94) The myrdraal: "Aieeeee!!!!"
[Sun Sep 16 00:23:53 2007] : ** (83) Morti gives a flinch at the decapitation attempt **
[Sun Sep 16 00:24:25 2007] : ** (81) Thom then continues to use Ringrist to tear apart it's body, seeing as how it always dissipated when Ringrist struck. "Now we still have proff to show Rhian Sedai, if we want. But nothing else to have to carry." **
[Sun Sep 16 00:25:05 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: "True, and it was unlikly to answer our questions anyways"
[Sun Sep 16 00:25:14 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK for a smoke ))
[Sun Sep 16 00:25:32 2007] : (81) Thom: 'Exactly. If not lie if it did answer something."
[Sun Sep 16 00:25:34 2007] : (94) DM: The creature's flesh dissipates upon contact with the blazing sword.
[Sun Sep 16 00:25:38 2007] : (81) Thom: (( same. ))
[Sun Sep 16 00:25:43 2007] : ** (78) Atross rubs at his temple at the bloodcurdling scream. "I think everyone in several miles is aware of what just happened, in fact." **
[Sun Sep 16 00:25:48 2007] : ** (83) Morti groans in distain of the killing, looking away uncomfortably **
[Sun Sep 16 00:26:41 2007] : (62) Daelan: " Two less evils that we have to face in the coming battle."
[Sun Sep 16 00:27:20 2007] : (94) DM: Two doors stand closed in this corridor, one on your immediate right and one straight ahead.
[Sun Sep 16 00:27:47 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering): Did I find my gold... or anything else for that matter on the Crone?
[Sun Sep 16 00:27:57 2007] : (62) Daelan: " May as well finish exploring down here."
[Sun Sep 16 00:28:13 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a gnarled staff, a golden locket and a glass flask filled with a clear green liquid
[Sun Sep 16 00:29:00 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering): Upon examining the locket, does it reveal anything... or maybe blow up in my face?
[Sun Sep 16 00:29:38 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): inside is the portrait of a half-elven woman
[Sun Sep 16 00:29:56 2007] : (78) Atross: "And watch out for any suspicious spears, now that we know."
[Sun Sep 16 00:30:22 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering): Oh, I'd take the vial and the locket, leaving the staff.
[Sun Sep 16 00:31:13 2007] : ** (81) Thom cleans off Rinrist on the crone's clothing. ((BTW - is it still glowing?)) He then sheathes Ringrist and moves to the nearest door ((to 5)) and searches it for traps. **
[Sun Sep 16 00:31:22 2007] : ** (79) Cael stands back up, looking down at the Crone's body. "My shinies." **
[Sun Sep 16 00:31:27 2007] : (94) DM: still glowing.
[Sun Sep 16 00:32:48 2007] : (81) Thom: (( blue or silver? ))
[Sun Sep 16 00:32:53 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering): blue
[Sun Sep 16 00:33:01 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [7,13] = (20)
[Sun Sep 16 00:33:15 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering): as far as you can determine, there seems to be no traps on this door
[Sun Sep 16 00:33:56 2007] : ** (81) Thom moves to the lock and makes sure it is unlocked. **
[Sun Sep 16 00:34:09 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): if unlocked - good. If not, unlock it.
[Sun Sep 16 00:35:56 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering): it's unlocked
[Sun Sep 16 00:36:02 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens picks up the head of the eyeless and it's sword then follows Thom **
[Sun Sep 16 00:36:16 2007] : ** (81) Thom opens the door to the next room. **
[Sun Sep 16 00:36:23 2007] : (94) DM: Both the head and the sword are rapidly decomposing.
[Sun Sep 16 00:36:45 2007] : ** (62) Daelan follows behind Thom,his bow at the ready **
[Sun Sep 16 00:37:23 2007] : ** (83) Morti takes a moment to once more lower his head in a prayer for the crone and eyeless, while Thom checks the next door **
[Sun Sep 16 00:37:25 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: "Well it seems if we want evidence we are gona have to bring it out quickly "Think you guys can remain alive if I run these up to the surface to show Rhian?"
[
Sun Sep 16 00:37:55 2007] : ** (79) Cael looks at Sevis and nods. **
[
Sun Sep 16 00:38:12 2007] : (81) Thom: "Go for it - just be sure to stick to the walls in that room with the spheres. The outer ones are taken care of, but not the center of the room."
[
Sun Sep 16 00:38:22 2007] : (94) DM: This appears to be quite a filthy chamber that's inundated with mud. Something large and round once occupied the center of the room. Scattered among the debris in this small chamber are numerous chunks of stone as well as humanoid bones. There is a leatherbound book on the floor.
[
Sun Sep 16 00:38:41 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens nods and takes off toward the surface **
[
Sun Sep 16 00:39:21 2007] : ** (81) Thom slowly enters the room, expecting something to jump out at them. he moves to the book and looks at it carefully before reaching for it. ((Checking for traps around and on it)) **
[
Sun Sep 16 00:40:04 2007] : ** (79) Cael makes sure to keep a good distance from Thom while still trying to keep him in view. **
[
Sun Sep 16 00:40:10 2007] : (78) Atross: "This looks like it's probably where the hag studied. I wonder what used to be there though."
[
Sun Sep 16 00:40:26 2007] : (81) Thom: (( awww - Cael doesn't trust Thom anymore? :-P ))
[
Sun Sep 16 00:40:38 2007] : (81) Thom: "One of her pets likely."
[
Sun Sep 16 00:40:44 2007] : (79) Cael: (( No, he does, he just trusts you from a distance. ))
[
Sun Sep 16 00:40:54 2007] : (62) Daelan: " I would have to say some of those things she called her pets Atross."
[
Sun Sep 16 00:41:03 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering): there seems to be hardly any traps here
[
Sun Sep 16 00:41:16 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): hardly any, or none?
[
Sun Sep 16 00:41:56 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering): after all - even though 1 is hardly any, it can be more than enough...
[
Sun Sep 16 00:44:34 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering): none :)
[
Sun Sep 16 00:45:18 2007] : (62) Daelan: " I wonder if that was the creature that walked at night,the one the spirit spoke of."
[
Sun Sep 16 00:45:33 2007] : ** (81) Thom collects the book and flips through it to see if it is a spellbook or a journal. **
[
Sun Sep 16 00:46:28 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Notice I'm still keeping my distance.
[
Sun Sep 16 00:46:32 2007] : (78) Atross: "No... it's probably the fake Aes Sedai he's referring to. One of darkness pretending to be one of the light."
[
Sun Sep 16 00:47:51 2007] : (62) Daelan: " Perhaps the very one we are escorting?"
[
Sun Sep 16 00:47:53 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering): it's a diary
[
Sun Sep 16 00:48:30 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): When you emerge from the ruin, well, it's not a pretty sight
[
Sun Sep 16 00:48:41 2007] : (78) Atross: "I don't think Zarenna could pass herself off as Aes Sedai, though."
[
Sun Sep 16 00:48:44 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there appears to have been a battle here
[
Sun Sep 16 00:49:06 2007] : ** (81) Thom places the book into his pack for now and exits the room. "Could be one that Sevis came across her meeting with." **
[
Sun Sep 16 00:49:06 2007] : ** (83) Morti eventually finishes his prayer for the souls of the villains. He gives a weary sigh and turns to see what Thom found in the next room. **
[
Sun Sep 16 00:49:28 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Zarenna is missing. Rhian is unconscious. Drenla is in a similar state, except that he's very near death.
[
Sun Sep 16 00:49:38 2007] : (62) Daelan: " Yes there are those as well Thom."
[
Sun Sep 16 00:49:43 2007] : ** (83) Morti stumbles a bit as he almost walks right into Thom on his way out **
[
Sun Sep 16 00:49:55 2007] : (83) Morti: "Sorry."
[Sun Sep 16 00:50:05 2007] :
**(82) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): goes over and checks on Rhian and Drenla to make sure they will survive**
[Sun Sep 16 00:50:15 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): Heal (Wis): [1d20+0+4+0] => [11,0,4,0] = (15)
[Sun Sep 16 00:50:19 2007] :
** (79) Cael chuckles. "Better than being hit by lightning though Morti." **
[
Sun Sep 16 00:50:31 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): both appear to have survived but were knocked unconscious by the force of a spell or perhaps use of the One Power
[
Sun Sep 16 00:50:36 2007] : (81) Thom: "You finished Morti? Not a problem. Although I have no qualms about that eyeless one, the crone might not have always been so evil. But she deserved what she got."
[
Sun Sep 16 00:50:46 2007] : (83) Morti: "Heh... guess so.. am Iused to walking into people anyway."
[
Sun Sep 16 00:50:52 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): although Drenla is almost dead when you happened upon him
[
Sun Sep 16 00:51:19 2007] : (83) Morti: :frowns: "She may have had her reasons."
[
Sun Sep 16 00:51:33 2007] : (62) Daelan: " She was an Edain,so no great loss in my eyes.''
[
Sun Sep 16 00:51:49 2007] : (62) Daelan: " Better her to die than any of us.''
[
Sun Sep 16 00:51:53 2007] : ** (83) Morti casts a harsh look back to Dael **
[
Sun Sep 16 00:52:32 2007] : (81) Thom: "Maybe, but she was trying to get more power from him. More power to kill us with. She was charged with not allowing anything to leave the valley. If we have not killed her - she would have killed us."
[Sun Sep 16 00:52:43 2007] :
**(82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): scouts around a bit aftr ensuring Drenla is stable**
[Sun Sep 16 00:53:24 2007] :
** (81) Thom sighs as Daelan puts his two pence worth in, but otherwise ignores the same old comments from the elf. Thom makes his way to the door at the end of the hall and checks it over for traps. **
[
Sun Sep 16 00:53:28 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): There are several sets of tracks here. Quite a few people from the looks of it.
[
Sun Sep 16 00:53:37 2007] : (83) Morti: :expression weakens at Thom's words, admitting: "I know... I just wish... we didn't have to."
[Sun Sep 16 00:54:05 2007] : (62) Daelan:
" See young Human,the world is not all nice and sweet,there are Edain out there who hate you as much as the Calen do,some more so. Better to harden your heart now than to have it ripped from your chest because you were weak."
[Sun Sep 16 00:54:40 2007] :
** (83) Morti turns back to look into the Room Thom has just left, as he goes on to the next door, curious of its contents and also not ready to turn back to the group just yet. **
[Sun Sep 16 00:54:47 2007] : (81) Thom:
"I understand Morti. But we tried playing nice, and she came after us. She wierded me out when we first met, but I was willing to let her be." he shakes his head slightly. "Sometimes it can't be helped."
[Sun Sep 16 00:54:53 2007] :
** (79) Cael looks to Daelan. "Ignore those words Morti." **
[Sun Sep 16 00:55:03 2007] :
**(82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): tries to follow the tracks as fast as he can, figuring Daelan can track him as well**
[Sun Sep 16 00:55:07 2007] : (83) Lunauc: (whispering):
arcana check to guess what the round thing that used to be in the room might've been..?
[Sun Sep 16 00:56:04 2007] :
** (83) Morti just sighs **
[Sun Sep 16 00:56:07 2007] : (79) Cael:
"To live your entire life unable to trust someone means that when you are in need of help, you will stand alone. That is the lesson that we all must learn.":Cael looks down at the floor.:
[Sun Sep 16 00:56:18 2007] : (78) Atross:
"Everyone has to make their own choices, as well as accept what comes of them."
[Sun Sep 16 00:56:55 2007] :
** (81) Thom makes his way to the last door, checking it for traps. ((to 4)) **
[Sun Sep 16 00:57:55 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): Sevis was already heading out.
[Sun Sep 16 00:58:05 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): With the head and sword of the eyeless.
[Sun Sep 16 00:58:37 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): lol
[Sun Sep 16 00:59:36 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
ok
[Sun Sep 16 00:59:47 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
roll
[Sun Sep 16 00:59:56 2007] :
(60) QB (enter): 00:59
[Sun Sep 16 00:59:57 2007] : (83) Morti:
Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [2,18] = (20)
[Sun Sep 16 01:00:09 2007] :
(60) QB (exit): 01:00
[Sun Sep 16 01:00:24 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
you think it might have been a cauldron or a large kettle
[Sun Sep 16 01:00:30 2007] :
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [17,13] = (30)
[Sun Sep 16 01:00:48 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
the tracks head out of the valley and stop after a distance, seemingly in midair
[Sun Sep 16 01:00:59 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
no traps
[Sun Sep 16 01:01:02 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
it's locked
[Sun Sep 16 01:01:17 2007] :
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] => [11,20] = (31)
[Sun Sep 16 01:01:35 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
and you're able to unlock it easily enough
[Sun Sep 16 01:01:42 2007] :
** (81) Thom begins working on unlocking the door. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:02:05 2007] :
** (81) Thom quickly finishes and opens the door after putting his tools away. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:06:28 2007] : (94) DM:
The door opens into an octagonal room with lightning bolts carved into the walls, giving it a cracked appearance. Floating in the middle of the chamber is a creature that resembles a 5' diameter sphere, with a large central eye, several eyestalks and a glistening carapace.
[Sun Sep 16 01:06:52 2007] : (81) Thom:
(( moving? ))
[Sun Sep 16 01:07:19 2007] : (94) DM:
((yes))
[Sun Sep 16 01:07:34 2007] :
** (81) Thom quickly shuts the door. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:07:34 2007] :
**(82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): gontinues to search to get any indication of where they may have gone**
[Sun Sep 16 01:07:52 2007] : (81) Thom:
"I don't think we want to go that way."
[Sun Sep 16 01:08:02 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
you're not able to determine after searching for 30 minutes
[Sun Sep 16 01:08:18 2007] :
** (79) Cael stiffens at the slamming of the door. "Why not, what'd you find?" **
[Sun Sep 16 01:08:22 2007] : (62) Daelan:
what is the matter Thom?
[Sun Sep 16 01:08:22 2007] : (83) Morti:
"Eh..?" :looks up from hi moping as the door slams shut:
[Sun Sep 16 01:08:50 2007] : (81) Thom:
"Remember that illusion we came across in the swamp when we were trying to heal Daelan? I don't think this one is an illusion."
[Sun Sep 16 01:08:56 2007] :
**(82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): returns to Rhian and Drenla**
[Sun Sep 16 01:09:05 2007] : (83) Morti:
0.0
[Sun Sep 16 01:09:11 2007] :
** (79) Cael cocks an eyebrow in confusion. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:09:18 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
k
[Sun Sep 16 01:09:23 2007] : (62) Daelan:
" I do not seem to remember."
[Sun Sep 16 01:09:47 2007] : (78) Atross:
"Yes, that would be bad."
[Sun Sep 16 01:10:12 2007] : (81) Thom:
"Sorry Cael, I can't remember what they are called. Big round body, lots of eyes on antenna like items. And one big eye in the middle."
[Sun Sep 16 01:10:32 2007] : (83) Morti:
:blinks: "Beholder..."
[Sun Sep 16 01:10:38 2007] : (79) Cael:
"Sounds similar to the creature we fought on our way in."
[Sun Sep 16 01:10:46 2007] :
** (81) Thom nods to Morti. "Yeah, that's the word." **
[Sun Sep 16 01:11:06 2007] : (62) Daelan:
" And these beholders are hard to kill?"
[Sun Sep 16 01:11:24 2007] :
** (83) Morti stares at the door, as if it might be blasted down at any moment. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:11:43 2007] : (81) Thom:
"But we don't have Rhian Sedai with us here. And she did a lot against that other one. We probably could take it, but I'd rather make sure we were ready instead of just rushing into who knows what."
[Sun Sep 16 01:11:51 2007] : (79) Cael:
"Well then, I would suggest that we make our way out of here in that case."
[Sun Sep 16 01:12:00 2007] : (83) Morti:
"They shoot Death Rays from their eyes."
[Sun Sep 16 01:12:23 2007] : (79) Cael:
"Perhaps quickly, if what Morti says is true."
[Sun Sep 16 01:12:42 2007] : (78) Atross: (whispering):
(GW): That is perhaps the best short description ever.
[Sun Sep 16 01:12:51 2007] : (83) Morti:
:nods, still staring at the door: "I'm ready to leave."
[Sun Sep 16 01:12:58 2007] : (62) Daelan:
" Very well perhaps it is best if we leave,we need to head back to the village."
[Sun Sep 16 01:13:06 2007] :
** (79) Cael begins moving towards the exit. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:13:18 2007] : (79) Cael:
:looking back often:
[Sun Sep 16 01:13:18 2007] :
** (83) Morti begins leaving.. quickly. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:13:26 2007] : (81) Thom:
"Sounds good to me." Thom heads back to the exit, making sure that Cael and Atross both get a body.
[Sun Sep 16 01:13:52 2007] :
** (79) Cael picks up the body when he arrives at it and exits. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:14:04 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
Let me guess - we could have all gotten a +4 weapon or armor if we had gone in there, right?
[Sun Sep 16 01:14:41 2007] :
** (78) Atross resumes carrying duty as they leave. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:14:42 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
no comment. :)
[Sun Sep 16 01:14:48 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
lol
[Sun Sep 16 01:15:08 2007] :
** (62) Daelan stays at the rear this time making sure nothing comes at them from below **
[Sun Sep 16 01:15:44 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
How many 9th level parties do you know would run from a single beholder with no real thoughts of attacking it?
[Sun Sep 16 01:16:04 2007] : (94) DM:
When you exit the ruins of the Fallen Tower, the first thing you see is Sevis resting next to Rhian and Drenla. Both are unconscious. Zarenna is missing.
[Sun Sep 16 01:16:14 2007] :
** (81) Thom heads up and out to get out of the dungeon, and to see why Sevis never returned. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:16:20 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
HAH!
[Sun Sep 16 01:16:35 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
I don't know
[Sun Sep 16 01:16:38 2007] :
** (83) Morti gives a sudden gasp at the scene, rushing over to see if his friends are still alive **
[Sun Sep 16 01:16:40 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
maybe I'm doing something right
[Sun Sep 16 01:16:54 2007] :
** (81) Thom moves quickly over to the group. "Sevis, what happened?" **
[Sun Sep 16 01:16:55 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: "I have failed in my promise, I should not have allowed Zarenna to remain out here."
[Sun Sep 16 01:17:34 2007] :
** (79) Cael sets down the body once outside and rushes to the unconcious bodies. "Are they okay?" **
[Sun Sep 16 01:17:35 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
except for not being ready for Sevis's insane grappling attempts - you are doing many many things right. :-P
[Sun Sep 16 01:17:37 2007] : (83) Morti:
"Wh-what happened?"
[Sun Sep 16 01:17:38 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: "Sveral people came and attacked them, I followed their tracks for a ways, but I think they used the One Power to get out of here."
[Sun Sep 16 01:17:58 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: "Rhian and Drenla were like this when I got up here"
[Sun Sep 16 01:18:03 2007] :
** (81) Thom draws out Ringrist. "Where did you lose the trail?" **
[Sun Sep 16 01:18:28 2007] : (94) DM:
The sword glows with a faint cold silver radiance.
[Sun Sep 16 01:18:50 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
want to see if I can get close to where they disappeared and see if Ringrist glows silver due to the lingering presence of the One Power. Don't know if it will work, but want to try.
[Sun Sep 16 01:18:50 2007] :
** (82) Sevis Goloens stands and leads Thom to where he lost the Trail **
[Sun Sep 16 01:19:05 2007] :
** (81) Thom follows Sevis, watching Ringrist. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:19:11 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
well there you are
[Sun Sep 16 01:19:20 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
Can I roll one heal check to confirm their condition, or do you want 2?
[Sun Sep 16 01:19:21 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
you are too good. :-)
[Sun Sep 16 01:19:24 2007] : (62) Daelan:
" Perhaps I could track them for you Sevis."
[Sun Sep 16 01:19:31 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
you can do so
[Sun Sep 16 01:19:35 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
both are alive
[Sun Sep 16 01:19:39 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
but barely
[Sun Sep 16 01:19:45 2007] :
** (83) Morti stays with Drenla and Rhian trying to rouse them. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:19:58 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
Stable?
[Sun Sep 16 01:20:13 2007] : (79) Cael:
"Careful Morti, their alive, but barely."
[Sun Sep 16 01:20:21 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
yes
[Sun Sep 16 01:20:43 2007] : (81) Thom:
"I think you are right Sevis. Ringrist is silver - which has always meant the One Power as far as I can tell. I'm sorry Sevis, I thought we would have time before they came for her. We should have made sure you fulfilled your promise first, then dealt with this place."
[Sun Sep 16 01:21:50 2007] :
** (83) Morti looks to Cael, understanding the man likely knows much more of healing, the boy gives a nod and eases back, watching the unconcious couple with concern. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:01 2007] :
Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:03 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
Casting Cure light wounds on both of them. Drenla - [1d8+5] => [8,5] = (13) Rhian - [1d8+5] => [5,5] = (10)
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:06 2007] :
Welcome to OpenRPG version 1.7.4...
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:12 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
So - the way that Thom sees it: Blue = evil. The closer/more powerful the evil - the brighter it glows. Silver = One Power. Although it's usually been just faint silver which Thom takes to mean lingering effects of One Power. Which of course really doesn't tell him much at all.
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:19 2007] :
Locating server at cpe-075-178-038-089.nc.res.rr.com:6774...
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:19 2007] :
Game connected!
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:20 2007] :
(110) TaliesinNYC (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:21 2007] :
(3) Questing Beast (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:21 2007] : Server Administrator-> You have connected to an OpenRPG server, version '1.7.4'.

OpenRPG

Many thanks goes to all of those who contributed!

The Tangled Web


Join Us At: Our Forum

This product is licensed under the GNU GPL License.

 

The Tangled Web
Standing outside the entrance to the cave, you are surprised to hear the sounds of music and merriment coming from deep within.
1) Enter the Cave
2) Run fast and far away


[Sun Sep 16 01:22:24 2007] :
Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:25 2007] :
Game disconnected!
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:30 2007] :
Locating server at blackstar.xs4all.nl:6774...
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:31 2007] :
Game connected!
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:31 2007] :
(271) TaliesinNYC (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:32 2007] :
(209) Eddie (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:32 2007] :
(212) Royce (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:32 2007] :
(257) Vellissa (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:32 2007] : (78) Atross: (whispering):
(GW): Somehow, I don't picture Rhian and Drenla making a very good couple, considering the time difference.
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:33 2007] : Server Administrator-> You have connected to an OpenRPG server, version '1.7.2'.

[img]

Many thanks goes to all of those who contributed!
The developers in alphabetical order are:
Thomas Baleno, Andrew Bennett, Lex Berezhny, Ted Berg, Bernhard Bergbauer, Chris Blocher ,Ben Collins-Sussman, Robin Cook, Greg Copeland, Chris Davis, Michael Edwards, Andrew Ettinger, Dj Gilcrease, Todd Faris, Christopher Hickman, Paul Hosking, Scott Mackay, Brian Manning, Jesse McConnell, Brian Osman, Rome Reginelli, Christopher Rouse, Dave Sanders and Mark Tarrabain.

This product is licensed under the GNU GPL License.


[Sun Sep 16 01:22:35 2007] :
Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:36 2007] :
Game disconnected!
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:38 2007] :
Locating server at c-68-54-100-8.hsd1.tn.comcast.net:6774...
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:41 2007] :
Game connected!
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:41 2007] :
(2547) TaliesinNYC (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:43 2007] :
(1365) Ghaele (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:43 2007] :
(2362) Samantha (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:43 2007] :
(146) Veav (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:43 2007] :
(1634) Orion (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:44 2007] :
(2465) Black Wombat (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:44 2007] :
(2466) Gamer X (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:44 2007] :
(2467) Tyler (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:44 2007] :
(2480) Navilee (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:44 2007] :
(2533) DazedforOneRound (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:44 2007] :
(2537) Ulrick (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:44 2007] :
(2544) Samantha (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:44 2007] :
(2402) Soto (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:44 2007] :
(2546) Arelius (enter): 01:22
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:46 2007] : Server Administrator-> You have connected to an OpenRPG server, version '1.7.0'.

You may encounter adult conversations, concepts and material on this server. If you're under the age of consent, get out now. My arse is now officially covered... parents and watchdogs, take responsibility for your own damn kids, 'cos I sure as hell won't.

Enjoy the freedom of communication with the OpenRPG Veav I message board. There is only OpenRPG Veav I. Any other servers are not ours. OpenRPG Veav I does not condone or support piracy or intellectual property theft.

This is a friendly server. I don't much care what you do, so long as you do it in a civilized manner. This means you can discuss anything you like and say anything you like, using whatever words you choose - so long as you aren't being an asshole.


[Sun Sep 16 01:22:52 2007] :
Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:52 2007] :
** (79) Cael makes some gestures and mutters an incantation before laying a hand on Drenla. Then moves to Rhian, doing the same. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:22:53 2007] :
Game disconnected!
[Sun Sep 16 01:23:08 2007] :
** (81) Thom returns to the group with Sevis after reaching the end of the tracks. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:23:18 2007] :
** (78) Atross waits around, trying to guess how many there may have been. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:23:19 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
bingo
[Sun Sep 16 01:23:51 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
both are enough to raise them above 0
[Sun Sep 16 01:23:53 2007] : (79) Cael:
"That should help them, but they'll still need rest."
[Sun Sep 16 01:24:01 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
Good
[Sun Sep 16 01:24:07 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
Of course - now you are probably going to toss in more colors for True Power or something and really start messing with Thom's mind. :-)
[Sun Sep 16 01:24:08 2007] : (62) Daelan: (whispering):
can I tell how many there were in the attack?
[Sun Sep 16 01:24:18 2007] : (94) Rhian:
"Zarenna is turned to the Black." (weakly)
[Sun Sep 16 01:24:53 2007] : (81) Thom:
"Marie-Helene was right." he mutters in response to Rhian's comment.
[Sun Sep 16 01:24:57 2007] :
** (94) Rhian lapses into unconsciousness once more **
[Sun Sep 16 01:25:13 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
hmmm!!! lol
[Sun Sep 16 01:25:14 2007] :
** (82) Sevis Goloens nods to Thom "As I tried to explain before." Walks off "Well, I know at least One Aes Sedai who is going to die when I see her. I might be able to recognize others that were there when I first met her." **
[Sun Sep 16 01:25:26 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
at least two others
[Sun Sep 16 01:26:09 2007] : (81) Thom:
"Just point them out Sevis. There is a chance that one of them is responsible for the paladin as well after all."
[Sun Sep 16 01:26:35 2007] : (79) Cael:
"We need to get them back to the village if we can, however..." :Looks over to the corpses: "I don't feel that we have the necessary strength."
[Sun Sep 16 01:27:32 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): My Plan for getting the bodies back is being messed with... I can only carry so many bodies as a bear.
[Sun Sep 16 01:28:04 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): Large is the biggest I can go right now.
[Sun Sep 16 01:28:07 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
is Ringrist still unsheathed?
[Sun Sep 16 01:28:08 2007] : ** (81) Thom sits down near the group, holding Ringrist in his hands. He looks over the blade before looking at Rhian and Drenla, then Morti, then Sevis. He shakes his head a little and sets the blade down in his lap. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:28:27 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
does that answer your question? :-)
[Sun Sep 16 01:28:33 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): ... wait, Dire Bears are large...
[Sun Sep 16 01:29:13 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): Just a sec, let me check the rules on creatures with more HD than the druid.
[Sun Sep 16 01:29:32 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
heh
[Sun Sep 16 01:29:49 2007] : ** (62) Daelan walks around the area,his eyes scanning the ground as he walks back to the others," There were atleast two others here during the fight.'' **
[Sun Sep 16 01:29:51 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): ... don't think I've come across those in a forest.
[Sun Sep 16 01:30:10 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): hah
[Sun Sep 16 01:30:48 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): The assumed form can not have more HD than the caster level, which is 10.
[Sun Sep 16 01:30:57 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): Dire Bear have 12 HD
[Sun Sep 16 01:32:06 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): Okay, Brown Bear have a strength of 27, think that'd be enough if 4 bodies were positioned and tied down correctly?
[Sun Sep 16 01:32:21 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): Or depending on how long Poly works, we could go that route too...
[Sun Sep 16 01:33:10 2007] : ** (79) Cael continues to care for the Drenla and Rhian, while trying to think of a way to get back to the village. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:33:30 2007] : (94) DM:
Ringrist suddenly pulses with a bright silver glow.
[Sun Sep 16 01:33:52 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
what is Thom's current level?
[Sun Sep 16 01:34:03 2007] : ** (81) Thom jumps up and grips Ringrist, looking around. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:34:06 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens had been following along in silence with a look of rage painted on his face **
[Sun Sep 16 01:34:08 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
9th
[Sun Sep 16 01:34:24 2007] : ** (79) Cael looks up at Thom's reaction. "What's wrong? **
[Sun Sep 16 01:34:24 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
I see
[Sun Sep 16 01:34:25 2007] : (79) Cael:
"
[Sun Sep 16 01:34:37 2007] : (81) Thom:
"And me without my amulet anymore, damn goddesses."
[Sun Sep 16 01:35:05 2007] : ** (78) Atross slowly lets the body down to the ground, as he prepares for some kind of confrontation. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:35:07 2007] : (81) Thom:
"I think someone is nearby, eyes open."
[Sun Sep 16 01:35:29 2007] : ** (79) Cael whistles to Rin, who is still in the sky, to keep a lookout for enemies. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:35:38 2007] : (83) Morti:
"Huh?" :perks his head to look around:
[Sun Sep 16 01:35:40 2007] : ** (62) Daelan notches an arrow as he looks around. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:35:42 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens looks around **
[Sun Sep 16 01:35:43 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
your homework is to download the d20 Wheel of Time book from the Andurin site and read about channelers and the One Power, as well as the sections on saidin, the taint, madness and weaves. Ask DJ to help you if you have questions and use wikipedia if you need help with non-d20 material.
[Sun Sep 16 01:35:54 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
I'll explain later
[Sun Sep 16 01:36:41 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
Ok - I've looked over it a little before, when I was making Trel (the PC for Tabula Rasa), but I will look again, more in depth.
[Sun Sep 16 01:36:52 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
You're alone.
[Sun Sep 16 01:36:55 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
or as alone as can be
[Sun Sep 16 01:37:04 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
And here I thought I was finally going to get my test... :-(
[Sun Sep 16 01:37:12 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
ok then
[Sun Sep 16 01:37:43 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
Me? I suddenly don't like this.
[Sun Sep 16 01:37:52 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
while wielding Ringrist, you are granted the abilities of a 1st level asha'man.
[Sun Sep 16 01:38:23 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens:
"Can you use the sword to get a driection the Power is coming from?"
[Sun Sep 16 01:38:31 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
ahh - sweet... Kinda... Wait, Thom was finished with learning spells and knowing magic. Darn that Ringrist! :-)
[Sun Sep 16 01:38:41 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
your character level is 10th but only if Ringrist is unsheathed and in your hands.
[Sun Sep 16 01:39:06 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
which means you're also subject to the effects of the taint
[Sun Sep 16 01:39:24 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
Gotcha... but for tonight, we can say that Thom has no special abilites, it will take a little to get used to, right?
[Sun Sep 16 01:39:29 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
DJ and I revised the way madness is used on Andurin so I need to re-review it before releasing it into the game
[Sun Sep 16 01:39:33 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
ok
[Sun Sep 16 01:39:48 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
ok, I'll be sure to check that out then.
[Sun Sep 16 01:40:57 2007] : ** (81) Thom closes his eyes and seems to try to concentrate, but after a minute he exhales the breath he was holding and opens his eyes. "No, but there is something at the edge of my mind. I just can't tell what." **
[Sun Sep 16 01:42:31 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
Was the 'alone' comment to mean, no one is around me, or was it, there was no response or sign of Rin?
[Sun Sep 16 01:42:43 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
no, I mean the group
[Sun Sep 16 01:42:58 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
you're alone as in no other creatures or NPCs
[Sun Sep 16 01:43:17 2007] : (79) Cael: (whispering):
Okay, gotcha...
[Sun Sep 16 01:43:20 2007] : ** (81) Thom loosens his grip on Ringrist so that his knuckles don't turn white. "I thought that silver meant the One Power, but with this radience, that should mean someone was casting something here. But nothing is hapopening, so maybe I just don't know enough about Ringrist yet. Sorry everyone." **
[Sun Sep 16 01:46:05 2007] : (83) Morti:
"It might just be this place... it's pervaded with magick."
[Sun Sep 16 01:46:32 2007] : (81) Thom:
"Cael, do they need rest, or can we get moving? I'm not liking the idea of sticking around here."
[Sun Sep 16 01:46:46 2007] : (81) Thom:
"It could be Morti, it could be."
[Sun Sep 16 01:47:08 2007] : (79) Cael:
"They should be okay, it would be best to leave here as soon as possible."
[Sun Sep 16 01:47:29 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens:
"I will be in the Tower when you manage to get there. I am going to find Zarenna and those who attacked Rhian and Drenla. I will wait for you before doing anything, but I can get there faster then the rest of you and the longer it takes the less chance I have to save her if it is posible"
[Sun Sep 16 01:47:30 2007] : (81) Thom:
"Very well, now we just have to figure out how to carry everyone."
[Sun Sep 16 01:47:55 2007] : (81) Thom:
"But we need your strength to carry someone Sevis."
[Sun Sep 16 01:48:17 2007] : ** (79) Cael pulls a rope from his sack. "I should be able to carry all of them, I'll just need to to tie them to me." **
[Sun Sep 16 01:48:22 2007] : (83) Morti:
:to Sevis: "I'm not sure if you could get in, even if you get there. Not without Rhian."
[Sun Sep 16 01:49:08 2007] :
(111) Cael (enter): 01:49
[Sun Sep 16 01:49:15 2007] :
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (111) Cael...
[Sun Sep 16 01:49:18 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
Booting '(79) Cael' from room...
[Sun Sep 16 01:49:19 2007] :
(79) Cael (exit): 01:49
[Sun Sep 16 01:49:37 2007] : ** (81) Thom looks askew to Cael for a moment before returning to Sevis. "I guess we don't after all. Be careful. And remember - don't tell anyone where you are from. Be as vague as possible. Many Aes Sedai, from what I hear, would not react well to the stories of this group." **
[Sun Sep 16 01:50:09 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens:
"Leave them. Or drag them if you feel like you must take them, I am going unless one of you has a faster way to get me into the tower." ** looks ar Morti ** "I will get in"
[Sun Sep 16 01:50:34 2007] : (111) Cael:
"Go Sevis, I'll get everyone back to the village, we'll meet you as soon as possible."
[Sun Sep 16 01:50:45 2007] : ** (81) Thom tells Sevis to look to meet at the inn Rhian mentioned that is in Nith'Tar Valon ((lost that page of notes...)) **
[Sun Sep 16 01:51:02 2007] : (83) Morti:
:groans: "If it's anything like the Citadel, they may have ways of keeping out anyone who is not Sedai."
[Sun Sep 16 01:51:09 2007] : ** (82) Sevis Goloens nods and takes off at a run **
[Sun Sep 16 01:51:54 2007] : ** (111) Cael hands Thom his rope. "Now, I'll be unable to talk with you until we get everyone back to the village, but we best get moving." **
[Sun Sep 16 01:51:56 2007] : (83) Morti:
:calls after Sevis: "And they'll likely have weaves watching over the place. How do you expect not to be noticed?!"
[Sun Sep 16 01:51:57 2007] : (81) Thom:
"He may not get into the Aes Sedai keep itself, but he should be able to get into the city. I'm not sure how much you will find Sevis, but if you need to go - I will not stop you."
[Sun Sep 16 01:52:36 2007] : ** (81) Thom takes the rope from Cael. "And how is an eagle or wolf going to help us?" **
[Sun Sep 16 01:52:51 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
oy you're incorrigible
[Sun Sep 16 01:53:08 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
I need time to write up Nith'Tar Valon and I haven't even gotten to that point yet
[Sun Sep 16 01:53:25 2007] : ** (111) Cael laughs, "I have more tricks than those." Suddenly he begins to increase in size and take the form of a Brown Bear, standing 9 feet tall before falling on all fours. Cael simply grunts and jerks his head at Thom. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:53:39 2007] : ** (83) Morti watches the monk charge ahead, a worried crease in his mask. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:53:43 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering):
not my fault. Had you said Rhian and Zarenna were staying outside when we went down and not after we were already down there Sevis would have been up there with them
[Sun Sep 16 01:53:52 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
I know it's not your fault
[Sun Sep 16 01:54:05 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
then I'd need to change things around lol
[Sun Sep 16 01:54:07 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
anyway
[Sun Sep 16 01:54:22 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
it's like Tar Valon but with a few changes
[Sun Sep 16 01:54:26 2007] : ** (81) Thom swallows hard for a moment. "Yeah, that should work. Atross - give me a hand." Thom begins working on positioning and tying down the four unconscious and dead bodies to the large bear. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:54:41 2007] : (78) Atross:
"Sure."
[Sun Sep 16 01:54:43 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
the city floats above an island set in the middle of the river
[Sun Sep 16 01:54:51 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering):
Sevis can run at 40 miles an hour and keep that up for 4 hours without having to do Con checks for exhostion, So not sure how long it will take him to get there
[Sun Sep 16 01:54:58 2007] : ** (78) Atross helps with getting everyone positioned and tied. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:55:29 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
the city is connected to two gate-towns, Felanost and one other I can't remember. each gate-town connects to the Bridge of Light which is literally a bridge made out of light.
[Sun Sep 16 01:55:31 2007] : (81) Thom:
"Forgive me Drenal and Rhian Sedai - but it's the fastest way to get you out of here." he whispers as he ties them in.
[Sun Sep 16 01:55:49 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
The Bridge is crafted from weaves of Air, Fire and Spirit and functions only during the day.
[Sun Sep 16 01:55:58 2007] :
Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Sep 16 01:55:59 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): I hope this doesn't tickle, and that Drenla isn't going to wake up tied to a bear along with two dead bodies.
[Sun Sep 16 01:56:16 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
it'll take you a couple of days to get there at that rate
[Sun Sep 16 01:56:19 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): After being attacked and knocked out.
[Sun Sep 16 01:56:29 2007] : (62) Daelan:
" Better than leaving them behind as Sevis suggested."
[Sun Sep 16 01:56:47 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
you can get into the city of Nith'Tar Valon but getting into the Tower will be almost an impossibility
[Sun Sep 16 01:56:49 2007] : ** (111) Cael grunts. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:56:59 2007] : (81) Thom:
"Yes, much better."
[Sun Sep 16 01:57:00 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
without an Aes Sedai or Accepted escort
[Sun Sep 16 01:57:34 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
lol
[Sun Sep 16 01:57:52 2007] : ** (81) Thom makes a couple circles around the loaded bear making sure the knotes are tied and things seem unlikely to shift before he has the group move out. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:58:04 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): I know, but the situation as a whole would just suck... for everyone.
[Sun Sep 16 01:58:21 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): Yeah, its 50 ft. silk rope, it should be plenty and hold well.
[Sun Sep 16 01:58:40 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering):
Sevis should be able to convince an Accepted to invite him in (One of Zarenna's friends maybe) or failing that say he has come to be a warder
[Sun Sep 16 01:58:46 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): Yeah
[Sun Sep 16 01:59:10 2007] : ** (83) Morti seems quite anxious to follow after Sevis, waiting from Thom to give the order to move. Once it comes, he wastes no time setting out. **
[Sun Sep 16 01:59:13 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): I wonder how the villagers are going to react...
[Sun Sep 16 01:59:28 2007] : (83) Morti:
(brb)
[Sun Sep 16 01:59:40 2007] : ** (111) Cael shifts around a bit once Thom is finished, making sure his work will hold. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:00:05 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): Yeah
[Sun Sep 16 02:00:30 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
well we can worry about that when you get there
[Sun Sep 16 02:00:35 2007] : ** (78) Atross heads out, bow ready once again, with the group making an odd procession. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:00:49 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
that will probably be a session or two from now
[Sun Sep 16 02:00:59 2007] : ** (111) Cael follows behind, careful to be mindful of his passengers. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:01:12 2007] : ** (81) Thom travels next to Cael in bear form, on the side that he put Rhian and Drenla's heads - in case they happen to wake up. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:01:26 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering):
thats fine
[Sun Sep 16 02:01:27 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): Cael wouldn't have left the body their either, even if everyone did, hence the Bear plan.
[Sun Sep 16 02:02:08 2007] : ** (62) Daelan scouts ahead as they head back towards the village. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:03:48 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): I thought we buried her.
[Sun Sep 16 02:05:36 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): Don't remember, but I'm fairly packed up as it is. I'm sure I could carry her, but the logic of it is, a bear only has so much surface area.
[Sun Sep 16 02:06:12 2007] : ** (81) Thom grabs the body of the femal half-elf that the group found outside as they pass by, carrying her body out of the valley as well. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:06:58 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): Yay, I'm not gonna be the only one that smells like dead people when we get back.
[Sun Sep 16 02:07:57 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): ... I can do that
[Sun Sep 16 02:08:24 2007] : (94) DM:
(so you make your way back to Ruairi? and where? it'll take some time btw. at this rate, about half a day or so.)
[Sun Sep 16 02:08:46 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): Or you could do that too.
[Sun Sep 16 02:09:37 2007] : (83) Morti:
(will Drenla and Rhian have awaken by then?)
[Sun Sep 16 02:10:54 2007] : (81) Thom:
(( to outside Ruairi - where we can more properly bury the two females. Cael then transforms back to human, and myself, Atross, and Cael (/) can carry the bodies into town. Of course, unless Drenla and or Rhian wake up. ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:11:46 2007] : (111) Cael:
(( Sounds good, probably taking Rhian and Drenla to the inn, or somewhere where they can be properly healed. ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:12:44 2007] : (81) Thom:
(( yep - and the squire to the temple, so that it can be placed in holy ground. Cael should do that one, since it is known by at least one that he is one the quest. ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:12:53 2007] : (94) DM:
(they will have yes)
[Sun Sep 16 02:12:58 2007] : (81) Thom:
(( *on the quest ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:12:59 2007] : (62) Daelan:
( dont we have to bury the paladin in some holy ground?)
[Sun Sep 16 02:13:21 2007] : (81) Thom:
(( we don't have the paladin's body - it was already returned to town. ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:13:37 2007] : (83) Morti:
(I'd prefer to see about having the bodies buried properly in the town grave yard, if we can, rather than just in a field someplace.)
[Sun Sep 16 02:14:04 2007] : (81) Thom:
(( we can do that, I just figured one dead body would be easier than three... ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:14:49 2007] : (83) Morti:
(the body of the shade, he means. He wanted to be burried in holy ground of his god, which we need to ask about in town too)
[Sun Sep 16 02:15:19 2007] : (81) Thom:
(( so - we get close to town. Cael changes back. And we carry all three bodies into town as someone else gets Rhian and Drenla (awake by then) to the inn to rest. ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:15:23 2007] : (62) Daelan: (whispering):
ok I am confused,we have the squires body and the half elves body,who was the other body we found next to the squires? I thought it was the paladin.
[Sun Sep 16 02:15:28 2007] : (111) Cael:
(( I do have a couple more Wild-Shapes today, I could always change from bear to horse if we need to worry about 3 corpses, should be able to handle at least 2 of them. A horse would be a little more ordinary. ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:15:39 2007] : (81) Thom:
(( yeah - that was the squire, right? ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:15:48 2007] : (111) Cael:
(( Yeah. ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:16:12 2007] : (81) Thom:
(( but we also need Cael to lead us to the temple and talk to his brother(?) ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:16:22 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
the squire, the paladin Astari
[Sun Sep 16 02:16:31 2007] : (111) Cael:
(( Cousin, and he'll be at the cobbler's shop more than likely. ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:16:55 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
the body of Shaunra was already buried in the village's cemetary
[Sun Sep 16 02:17:11 2007] : (81) Thom:
(( k - I guess when we rest at some moment, releasing Drenla and Rhian - Cael would fill us in on where to go, and that would work [the horse] => the horse. ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:18:17 2007] : (62) Daelan: (whispering):
so there were two paladins?
[Sun Sep 16 02:18:45 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
yes
[Sun Sep 16 02:19:09 2007] : (62) Daelan: (whispering):
I do not think the others know this
[Sun Sep 16 02:19:10 2007] : (94) DM:
time out folks
[Sun Sep 16 02:19:38 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
going to backtrack for some of you who are confused by the storyline
[Sun Sep 16 02:19:56 2007] : (81) Thom:
(( couldn't hurt. ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:20:33 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
sometime ago Astari, a paladin of Bralvanyr came to Ruairi to investigate a rumor about a dark power in the vicinity of the Fallen Tower
[Sun Sep 16 02:20:59 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
Oh, and I lied earlier. Thom is 10th level. I was looking at an old paper sheet that I hadn't updated... Sorry. Does that change anything?
[Sun Sep 16 02:21:11 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
she went to the Fallen Tower, once a temple to the Morrigan and was slain by someone or something
[Sun Sep 16 02:22:08 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
Skriku, a hag, who lived in the valley where the Fallen Tower was located, made a bargain with someone. who that person was, what the bargain entailed and why she made it are mysteries left unsolved
[Sun Sep 16 02:22:41 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
news of Astari's death became known and Shaunnra and her squire arrived in Ruairi a few weeks later, asking about them
[Sun Sep 16 02:23:21 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
Shaunnra and her squire investigated Astari's death, and in the process, died. Shaunnra's horse escaped without her mistress' body and returned to Ruairi.
[Sun Sep 16 02:24:04 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
a group of adventurers retrieved Shaunnra's corpse and returned to the village where she was buried after having been failed to be ressurected
[Sun Sep 16 02:24:13 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
the rest you know
[Sun Sep 16 02:24:40 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
so you know the following:
[Sun Sep 16 02:25:10 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
an Aes Sedai sent Shaunnra and her squire to the Fallen Tower, where Astari was slain
[Sun Sep 16 02:25:22 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
this Aes Sedai was a "false Aes Sedai"
[Sun Sep 16 02:26:08 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
Thom knows some other things which he can (and will) relate to you
[Sun Sep 16 02:26:14 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
any questions?
[Sun Sep 16 02:26:23 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
they know it
[Sun Sep 16 02:26:29 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
they just haven't been paying attention
[Sun Sep 16 02:26:32 2007] : (62) Daelan:
( No all clear now thanks.)
[Sun Sep 16 02:26:48 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
nope
[Sun Sep 16 02:27:13 2007] : (62) Daelan: (whispering):
I was just wondering why they were going to bury them outside of town what with one being a paladin
[Sun Sep 16 02:27:15 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
just replace one of your levels with an asha'man when you have Ringrist unsheathed
[Sun Sep 16 02:27:42 2007] : (78) Atross:
((That's what I thought happened.))
[Sun Sep 16 02:27:47 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
k. And I take it that by asha'man, you mean Initiate, not Wilder (due to Ringrist's influence).
[Sun Sep 16 02:27:52 2007] : (83) Morti:
(sounds good)
[Sun Sep 16 02:27:53 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
k
[Sun Sep 16 02:27:59 2007] : (78) Atross:
((Though I heard some soulstealing monster snagged Shaunnra.))
[Sun Sep 16 02:28:21 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
that fits in with the above
[Sun Sep 16 02:28:36 2007] : (81) Thom:
(( I had missed that Astari was also a pally... but otherwise all good. ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:28:40 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
the squire said a darkness that hides in the light slew Shaunnra
[Sun Sep 16 02:28:51 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
I mentioned it last session
[Sun Sep 16 02:29:41 2007] : (81) Thom:
(( Yeah, don't you know exactly who that obviously refers to? :-) ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:29:51 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
the exact particulars aren't important now. you'll find out soon enough
[Sun Sep 16 02:30:13 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
no, I mean asha'man
[Sun Sep 16 02:30:50 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
in game terms you're an initiate but I'm calling it an asha'man
[Sun Sep 16 02:31:28 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
technically a soulsucking/soulstealing monster slew Shaunnra. that's correct
[Sun Sep 16 02:31:33 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
yeah, I meant in game terms so I could write it up. :-)
[Sun Sep 16 02:31:46 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
but you should know me....there's usually more to the story than meets the eye
[Sun Sep 16 02:32:18 2007] : (81) Thom:
(( What? Layers upon layers upon layers in a story? From you? Never... ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:33:09 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC:
ok, so you get back to the village...
[Sun Sep 16 02:33:56 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): Valkoris
[Sun Sep 16 02:35:16 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
ok
[Sun Sep 16 02:35:43 2007] : (94) DM:
(so just checking, some of you go to the Double Bolt Inn with Rhian and Drenla and Cael talks to Valkoris)
[Sun Sep 16 02:35:48 2007] : (94) DM:
(is that right?)
[Sun Sep 16 02:36:03 2007] : (81) Thom:
"Morti, why don't you go with Drenla and Rhina and get a few rooms?" Thom hands the magus a few golds to make sure he can get the rooms. "Atross and Daelan, you can join him or me and Cael." Thom then "leads" the horse to talk with Valkoris.
[Sun Sep 16 02:36:27 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): What'd we do with the bodies?
[Sun Sep 16 02:36:35 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): Take them to the temple?
[Sun Sep 16 02:36:36 2007] : (81) Thom:
(( I was getting there... I was going to accompany Cael at least as far as the door/stable/whatever. ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:36:47 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): Gotcha
[Sun Sep 16 02:36:55 2007] : (82) Sevis Goloens: (whispering):
Since Sevis is off and running I am gona head out and see if I can finish up TTW's new web site
[Sun Sep 16 02:37:07 2007] : ** (111) Cael follows. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:37:36 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): Okay
[Sun Sep 16 02:37:56 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
(GW): So, I'm leading the way... sort of, right? Since I know where it is.
[Sun Sep 16 02:38:03 2007] : (62) Daelan:
" I shall go with Cael."
[Sun Sep 16 02:38:17 2007] :
(82) Sevis Goloens: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Sep 16 02:38:17 2007] :
(82) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 02:38
[Sun Sep 16 02:38:47 2007] : ** (83) Morti gives thom a weak nod, "Alright.. but... if the we can't get the paladin to their proper resting place, ask if their order can be alerted to come retrieve the bodies, okay?" **
[Sun Sep 16 02:38:48 2007] : ** (111) Cael leads Thom and Daelan tot he cobbler's shop, while trying to look like he his actually following Thom. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:39:13 2007] : (81) Thom:
"Come on then." Thom says to Daelan. "Of course Morti, we will make sure."
[Sun Sep 16 02:39:50 2007] : ** (83) Morti then escorts Drenla and Rhian to the inn for some much needed rest. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:40:16 2007] : (81) Thom:
(( And Donovan? Which way for you, if you are still awake... ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:40:23 2007] : (94) DM:
You notice that conversations stop abruptly when you pass people on the street. Everyone speaks in whispered tones. Every once in a while, you notice someone pointing you out subtly to someone else as you go by, as if they were talking about you. (to Cael and his group)
[Sun Sep 16 02:40:25 2007] : ** (111) Cael looks for a secluded area once he arrives at Valkoris' where he can shift back without causing any trouble. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:41:00 2007] : ** (81) Thom ignores the whispers and pointing, walking tall as he traverses the streets. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:41:01 2007] : (62) Daelan:
" It seems we have caused quite a stir here."
[Sun Sep 16 02:42:03 2007] : (81) Thom:
"This hovel is no used to any visitors. Guess that means the Tower doesn't get many travellers anymore than."
[Sun Sep 16 02:42:10 2007] : ** (78) Atross goes with the bodies, to help with carrying if for no other reason. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:42:22 2007] : (111) Cael: (whispering):
Is there anything near the shop like an alley, or even a stable of some sort that I could shift back in?
[Sun Sep 16 02:42:40 2007] : (94) DM:
A middle-aged man steps out onto the porch of a house and leans against a pillar. He pretends not to notice you, but you can tell he's stealing glances at you as you pass by.
[Sun Sep 16 02:42:57 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
yep
[Sun Sep 16 02:43:08 2007] : (94) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
an abandoned stable
[Sun Sep 16 02:43:27 2007] : ** (111) Cael leads the small group into an abandoned stable where he shifts back. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:43:35 2007] : (94) DM:
(next session we'll resume with Morti's group)
[Sun Sep 16 02:43:45 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
Thom makes mental notes of those that pass and how much attention they pay, and if any show signs of recogonition. After growing up in Highkeep, should be easy enough in this backwater town.
[Sun Sep 16 02:43:59 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
nope
[Sun Sep 16 02:44:06 2007] : (81) Thom:
(( which is Morti, and two NPCs... :-P ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:44:06 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
none of them you recognize
[Sun Sep 16 02:44:25 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
but it's obvious that you and your companions are attracting a good deal of attention
[Sun Sep 16 02:44:28 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
why, you have no idea
[Sun Sep 16 02:44:33 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
no, seeing if they show signs of recogonizing us, or the bodies.
[Sun Sep 16 02:44:38 2007] : (111) Cael:
(( Of course, I wouldn't shift until any bodies I may be carrying were removed. ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:44:48 2007] : (83) Morti:
(okey doke)
[Sun Sep 16 02:44:53 2007] : (94) DM:
(well we'll RP for a few more minutes)
[Sun Sep 16 02:44:59 2007] : (94) DM:
(just to let you know it's a lot)
[Sun Sep 16 02:45:04 2007] : (83) Morti:
(I'm gonna get jumped at the inn, aren't I?)
[Sun Sep 16 02:45:07 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
oh yes
[Sun Sep 16 02:45:08 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
Thom is blowing it off as the way this little spit town treats visitors. It was the same when we first got here. :-P
[Sun Sep 16 02:45:17 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
they recognize the bodies, definitely
[Sun Sep 16 02:45:28 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
it's more than that
[Sun Sep 16 02:45:39 2007] : (94) DM: (whispering):
you were attracting notice before but now it's ramped way up
[Sun Sep 16 02:45:50 2007] : (94) DM:
(hah)
[Sun Sep 16 02:46:20 2007] : (81) Zane: (whispering):
yeah, maybe Cael's cousin will have some answers...
[Sun Sep 16 02:46:24 2007] : (94) DM:
By the time you get to Valkoris' (or within sight), the amount of attention coming your way is quite noticeable.
[Sun Sep 16 02:47:18 2007] : (78) Atross:
"You'd think we had a ghost following us by the way things are around here."
[Sun Sep 16 02:47:28 2007] : ** (81) Thom speaks low to Cael, but acts as though he just keeping the horse soothed. "You may need to stay that way for a bit. They seem even more uneasy than before." **
[Sun Sep 16 02:47:50 2007] : ** (111) Cael neighs and nods his head up and down. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:49:02 2007] : (94) DM:
Valkoris meets you at his porch.
[Sun Sep 16 02:49:24 2007] : ** (81) Thom speaks to Atross, loudly enough for those overhearing to easily catch. "Atross, take this beast around back or something will you? The Quessir and I will be inside." **
[Sun Sep 16 02:49:45 2007] : (94) Valkoris:
"I see you've returned, but without my cousin."
[Sun Sep 16 02:50:06 2007] : (81) Thom:
(( did he meet any of us? I guess he may have. ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:50:33 2007] : (62) Daelan:
" Perhaps we should speak inside where others can not listen so easily."
[Sun Sep 16 02:50:36 2007] : (94) DM:
((I can't remember. possibly))
[Sun Sep 16 02:51:04 2007] : (111) Cael:
(( I probably would have at least described the group, and I can't imagine too many Elves come through here. Especially now. ))
[Sun Sep 16 02:51:08 2007] : (81) Thom:
"Not exactly, but I assure you that he is quite well. May we enter for a moment?"
[Sun Sep 16 02:51:13 2007] : ** (78) Atross makes like he's leading Cael around to be stabled, unloading the bodies for him to change back once the coast is clear. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:51:16 2007] : (94) Valkoris:
"Of course. But you should be aware that we do not receive as many visitors...as we used to."
[Sun Sep 16 02:51:20 2007] : (94) Valkoris:
"Come, this way."
[Sun Sep 16 02:51:39 2007] : ** (81) Thom glances at the townsfolk around them, "I gathered as much." **
[Sun Sep 16 02:51:52 2007] : ** (81) Thom follows Valkoris. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:52:17 2007] : (94) Valkoris:
"Ever since that new priestess arrived, things have not been the same." (lowers his voice and looks around)
[Sun Sep 16 02:52:29 2007] : (94) Valkoris:
"Can I get you anything to drink?"
[Sun Sep 16 02:52:42 2007] : ** (94) Valkoris shows you inside his home **
[Sun Sep 16 02:52:54 2007] : (62) Daelan:
" Water if you please."
[Sun Sep 16 02:53:21 2007] : (62) Daelan:
" Perhaps this priestess is the one the spirit spoke of."
[Sun Sep 16 02:53:24 2007] : (81) Thom:
"Whatever real drink you have would be great. After being out at that Tower, I could use something."
[Sun Sep 16 02:53:32 2007] : (94) Valkoris:
"A new priestess of Bralvanyr. Andress is her name I believe. She's not as friendly as some of her predecessors."
[Sun Sep 16 02:53:48 2007] : ** (94) Valkoris comes out with a pitcher of mintwater and a tray of flagons. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:54:05 2007] : ** (111) Cael waits until he feels it is safe before shifting back. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:54:10 2007] : (94) Valkoris:
"Spirit?"
[Sun Sep 16 02:54:55 2007] : (81) Thom:
"Yes, we made an interesting friend out there."
[Sun Sep 16 02:55:41 2007] : ** (81) Thom pauses, allowing the host to pour some drinks before continuing, "The spirit of Shaunnra's squire." **
[Sun Sep 16 02:55:44 2007] : ** (78) Atross stands at the doorway outside, giving a wave to Cael inside to let him know it looks safe from here. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:56:08 2007] : (94) Valkoris:
"I see. If there is anything I can do to help you in your quest, please let me know. I feel as if it is no longer safe for me here. The people are...different. As if there is a feeling of despair. A feeling of oppresion."
[Sun Sep 16 02:56:59 2007] : (81) Thom:
"Well, we have returned with the bodies of the squire, Astari, and another that fell in that desolate place. First and foremost, we wish to see that they are properly buried."
[Sun Sep 16 02:57:10 2007] : (94) Valkoris:
"I don't want to leave Ruairi as it is a peaceful, if somewhat lackluster town. But my business is suffering and if the way things are progress, very soon trade will all be but a memory."
[Sun Sep 16 02:57:12 2007] : (62) Daelan:
" Seems we get that no matter where we go."
[Sun Sep 16 02:57:57 2007] : (81) Thom:
"As far as anything else, I'll let Cael fill you in on, he should be inside shortly."
[Sun Sep 16 02:58:00 2007] : ** (111) Cael moves quickly to the door. **
[Sun Sep 16 02:58:13 2007] : (94) Valkoris:
"There is a cemetery outside the temple, or perhaps you could try the shrine of Arawn at the edge of town."
[Sun Sep 16 02:59:49 2007] : (81) Thom:
"The cemetery would be necessary for the squire, being holy ground for him. Likely Astari as well. The other, I am not sure who exatly she was, but we should be able to make a case for all three at the temple."
[Sun Sep 16 03:01:40 2007] : ** (111) Cael walks up to the door, knocking before entering. **
[Sun Sep 16 03:01:51 2007] : (81) Thom:
"So, what else can you tell us about this new priestess? What about her makes her different?"
[Sun Sep 16 03:02:10 2007] : ** (81) Thom stops his questions as there is knocking at the door. **
[Sun Sep 16 03:02:55 2007] : (94) Valkoris:
"She has not been as friendly or warm as all her other predecessors. She has dispensed with the old rites, claiming that tradition is a veil for the weak."
[Sun Sep 16 03:03:13 2007] : (94) Valkoris:
"And there is the matter of that odious funeral."
[Sun Sep 16 03:03:34 2007] : ** (111) Cael walks over where the conversation is taking. **
[Sun Sep 16 03:04:14 2007] : (81) Thom:
"Funeral?" Thom continues to pry while sipping on the flagon of mintwater.
[Sun Sep 16 03:04:30 2007] : ** (78) Atross trails in afterwards, presumably having stabled the bodies for now, "See who showed up?" **
[Sun Sep 16 03:04:31 2007] : (94) Valkoris:
"She parades the corpse of that paladin on a weekly basis."
[Sun Sep 16 03:04:59 2007] : ** (81) Thom widens his eyes in shock, "Under what pretense?" **
[Sun Sep 16 03:05:03 2007] : (62) Daelan:
" She has not laid the fallen warrior to rest yet?"
[Sun Sep 16 03:05:43 2007] :
Game disconnected!
[Sun Sep 16 03:06:15 2007] : (94) Valkoris:
"Each week, on Godsday, she boxes up her corpse, parades it around town and preaches to us that one day perhaps in the future, her soul will return. If she is a priestess of the lord of light, she would have had it in her power to raise her to life. Why hasn't she done so?"
[Sun Sep 16 03:06:26 2007] :
Locating server at cpe-075-178-038-089.nc.res.rr.com:6774...
[Sun Sep 16 03:06:47 2007] :
Failed to connect to game server...
[Sun Sep 16 03:06:51 2007] :
Locating server at cpe-075-178-038-089.nc.res.rr.com:6774...
[Sun Sep 16 03:07:13 2007] :
Failed to connect to game server...
[Sun Sep 16 03:08:07 2007] :
Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Sep 16 03:08:13 2007] :
Welcome to OpenRPG version 1.7.4...
[Sun Sep 16 03:08:21 2007] :
Locating server at cpe-075-178-038-089.nc.res.rr.com:6774...
[Sun Sep 16 03:08:42 2007] :
Failed to connect to game server...
[Sun Sep 16 03:08:51 2007] :
Locating server at blackstar.xs4all.nl:6774...
[Sun Sep 16 03:08:51 2007] :
Game connected!
[Sun Sep 16 03:08:52 2007] :
(278) TaliesinNYC (enter): 03:08
[Sun Sep 16 03:08:52 2007] :
(209) Eddie (enter): 03:08
[Sun Sep 16 03:08:53 2007] :
(212) Royce (enter): 03:08
[Sun Sep 16 03:08:53 2007] :
(277) Zane (enter): 03:08
[Sun Sep 16 03:08:53 2007] : Server Administrator-> You have connected to an OpenRPG server, version '1.7.2'.

[img]

Many thanks goes to all of those who contributed!
The developers in alphabetical order are:
Thomas Baleno, Andrew Bennett, Lex Berezhny, Ted Berg, Bernhard Bergbauer, Chris Blocher ,Ben Collins-Sussman, Robin Cook, Greg Copeland, Chris Davis, Michael Edwards, Andrew Ettinger, Dj Gilcrease, Todd Faris, Christopher Hickman, Paul Hosking, Scott Mackay, Brian Manning, Jesse McConnell, Brian Osman, Rome Reginelli, Christopher Rouse, Dave Sanders and Mark Tarrabain.

This product is licensed under the GNU GPL License.


[Sun Sep 16
03:09:05 2007] : (277) Thom: Donovan was just here...
[Sun Sep 16
03:09:21 2007] : (277) Thom: So I guess that means we all got dumped from the server.
[Sun Sep 16
03:09:28 2007] : (279) Donovan (enter): 03:09
[Sun Sep 16
03:09:45 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: yeah the server crashed
[Sun Sep 16
03:09:48 2007] : (279) Atross: Okay, that was bad timing
[Sun Sep 16
03:10:03 2007] : (277) Zane: lol - yeah, you suck. :-P
[Sun Sep 16 03:10:04 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC:
I saved the log
[Sun Sep 16 03:10:20 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC:
I could continue but I'm starting to get sleepy
[Sun Sep 16 03:10:40 2007] : (277) Zane:
I'll have it as well. That's fine, it's 3 (plus some) anyway.
[Sun Sep 16
03:10:46 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: np
[Sun Sep 16
03:10:56 2007] : (277) Zane: we can pick up from there next week.
[Sun Sep 16
03:11:05 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: ok.
[Sun Sep 16
03:11:16 2007] : (280) Lunauc (enter): 03:11
[Sun Sep 16
03:11:26 2007] : (277) Zane: I'll stick around in case anyone else stumbles across this server to let them know.
[Sun Sep 16
03:11:27 2007] : (280) Lunauc: ah, there you are
[Sun Sep 16
03:11:37 2007] : (277) Zane: speaking of which
[Sun Sep 16
03:11:47 2007] : (279) Atross: Am I here? Am I really?
[Sun Sep 16
03:12:01 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC: LOL
[Sun Sep 16
03:12:03 2007] : (277) Zane: we're calling it a night. We decided that the server is mightier than the DM and called the game for the night.
[Sun Sep 16 03:12:12 2007] : (280) Lunauc:
gotcha
[Sun Sep 16 03:12:12 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC:
we're going to break since it's past 3 am and I'm starting to get sleepy
[Sun Sep 16 03:12:24 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC:
later folks
[Sun Sep 16 03:12:27 2007] : (278) TaliesinNYC:
thanks for coming
[Sun Sep 16 03:12:32 2007] : (277) Zane:
But I like the way I phrase it better.
[Sun Sep 16
03:12:32 2007] : (280) Lunauc: no prob, my pillow's calling me too. g'nite
[Sun Sep 16
03:12:41 2007] : (277) Zane: g'night all
[Sun Sep 16
03:12:42 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Sep 16
03:12:43 2007] : Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms